1.55/5
  • 1 star
Based on 30 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

121 Regional Acceptance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I admit that they have deferred payments. 11 in fact as we ran into some medical issues and custody issues. However, they act like they are doing you this huge favor. When in reality the only reason I ever agreed was so they don't repo since it is my only transportation to work. I've made payments but like everyone else the balance doesn't budge. Explain to me someone please how your payoff balance is more than your principal. Paid sticker price of $12,900 on a Kia Sportage and now owe 17,897.85 to pay it off. Every payment that you make goes straight to interest... How the heck do you ever pay off a loan that is straight interest when they charge you $9.48 a day in interest. YOU DON'T. Stay away from this company no matter what. It is a scam and if there is a class action suit against them please tell me who to contact.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

They caked me 10-15 times in one day. They were rude to me. Talking down to me where I started to cry. The principal is outrageous 16164.60 as of today. November 17th 2017. Please tell me how I can join this civil suit.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I am being generous with 1 star. They deserve a big Fat 0. They incorrectly "returned" a payment a month after we made it and the day that they made the attempt they came and repossessed my car. The money was NEVER added into the account because they did it incorrectly so they got the payment AND my car. ** SCUMBAGS. DO NOT USE THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY AND YOUR CAR!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I went to a dealership to get my car. They said the loan was with Regional Acceptance. I said okay and went through with it. They’re very rude, doesn’t take what you tell them into consideration, and overall care about just getting the money rather than working with you and helping you. I was told multiple times that what I was being told by previous people was a lie. They kept stumbling on their words and mixing them up. They’re not good at all to work with. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Purchased a vehicle in 2012 after my second deployment. Now in 2017 I still owe 12,000 from a 23,000 loan. Sadly, I owed that same amount over a year ago. These people will harass you nonstop if you owe them money, call everyone they can to get to you, and have been some of the rudest folks I have ever dealt with on the phone. Sadly I can't get away from them and honestly feel that this is their game. We never had our pay off amount stop going down until we attempted to get a new car last summer. The only thing that stopped us was being too far upside down and being barely shy of having what was needed to push the loan through. Since then, my payoff hasn't dropped. Any calls between myself and RA has went from professional to absolutely rude. Stay away from these scam artist folks. They are nothing but careless thugs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Acceptance?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had a low credit score, really low. I got approved at a crazy high APR. Paid on time every month, never had a problem with them. No mean calls, no threatening calls, no calls at all. If you have ** credit and you can make the payments you agree to make on time, great company. One reason not 5 stars... Rebuilt my credit and tried to refinance, they said no because my vehicle wasn't worth what I owed. No **, you were charging me 21% interest for 3 years, lol. If you need help, they will as long as you can pay what you agree.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Had below average credit with below $2000/monthly income at the time when I tried to buy a used Ford Explorer from a Ford dealership a couple years ago for $8900. Regional Acceptance offered to finance at 15% interest, payment of $280 monthly. $2000 down. I accepted. The. Biggest. Mistake. Of. My. Life. What follow were 3.5 years of terrible customer service experience and horrible reporting to credit bureaus. If I were ever late with my payment by a day or two, I'd get 5-10 robocalls per day, even if a payment was scheduled in advanced. When I would answer a call, a really mean customer service rep would answer and bash me for being late with the payment. Thanks for understanding... and then they would still call the next day etc and report it immediately to the credit bureaus. I was late on payment by 30 days and a rep on the phone threatened to repo the car... awesome.

When I was on time with payments, 90% of the time, they never reported on time payments... After 3 years of paying, I still had $7000 of balance left.. from a $10k total loan. Yeah that makes sense... not. I sold my house earlier this year and this bill was the first I went to pay off. I went to a "regional office" of theirs in my city and took 30 minutes for me to find their office suite in a massive building because it wasn't listed on the office listings. When I got there, it was an unmarked room on the interior and the staff person there literally said "who are you" and "how did you find this office? I said "well, this is regional acceptance right?" And the lady said "who are you and why are you asking?" Are you kidding me!!?? I pay you monthly for my car and you ask why I came to visit you in person to pay off my loan?

"Our regional offices are not for customer service, only loan approval. You shouldn't have found this office because we can't do anything for customers here." They only have customer service branches in the Carolinas, but that's because they don't finance cars in the Carolinas. They don't have any physical branch offices in any of the states they do business in. So this regional office turned me away and asked that I pay off my car over the phone. $7k, that a chance. It took them a week to send a pay off on paper, and then 4 weeks for them to send me a written receipt confirmation (but taking my $7k was Instant) that the lien was removed, and another week to notify Texas DMV to issue a clean title. And another month before they reported to credit bureaus that I paid off the car. Total BS treatment.

I tell y'all, the way this company treated me made me realize that they really want you to fail on your payments. They want to repo your car so they can auction it off. They'll get their money either way. It's a crime they are still in business. I would rather walk for miles and miles to work than take another car loan from these people. Seriously, avoid this company at all costs. Terrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Regional Acceptance Corp (owned by BB&T) is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I purchased a 2013 Chevy Impala from a local dealership a couple of years ago and this is the company they said had the best rates and options for me. I, like a fool, agreed though the payments were a little higher than I wanted as was the interest rate -- I went ahead with it after I was assured that I could refinance after a year of on time payments to receive a better rate and term. This was a lie -- I paid on the car for 18 months then was downsized from my job and was making less per week at my new one so I thought it would be the right time to do the refi. I contacted RAC and was told point blank, "We don't do refinance." OK so Doug Henry Chevrolet lied (no surprise there) but the rep I spoke to initially with RAC did as well.

I asked for my payoff amount figuring that I would go to my credit union and do a refinance and be done with it -- imagine my surprise when I found out the car I paid 22K for had a payoff of 22K! I questioned this and was told that, "For the first 24 months your entire payment goes towards interest." This should be illegal. There was no way to refinance as the maximum KBB value at this point was 13K. If I sold privately and trade-in value was 9K. I had been paying 498 per month for 18 months which is $9000 and it was for naught. I attempted to work with them as liked the car and didn't want to hurt my credit -- I asked about changing the due date from the 1st of the month to the 14th and was told nope, wasn't their problem that most of my bills were due on the first; asked to defer a payment as I was starting to struggle and was granted one but charged for it.

After this I was getting phone calls at work, home and on the cell the day before my payment was due each month. I was working to pay bills only by now and praying that nothing would happen. When I had a death in the family and went out of state for a week my payment was missed and paid late but I was berated, spoken to like a deadbeat and harassed. Enough. I finally told them to pick up the car. After a ration of you know what and being spoken to like a piece of doggie doo the car was picked up. Mind you, this was another 7 months after I had inquired about the refinancing option and yet I still owe 22K.

They sold the car at auction 6 months later for $3200 then had a collection agency call me to state that I owed them $19,000. Well guess what? Now I am filing bankruptcy because of this situation and they will get nothing. Had they actually been willing to WORK with a customer who asked for help and not charge them up the hooha they would have gotten their money. I guess in sharing this story I would recommend to ANYONE who is presented this company to think twice. There ARE better options that won't gouge you quite so much and try and treat you as though you are a slug.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

How are they still in business? I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I didn't have bad credit, just not enough to get a higher rate in a pinch. I've been paying for almost 4 years on a 14K loan, (almost 20K paid so far) and I still owe over 10K? I'm so desperate to get rid of this car that I've borrowed from my retirement to pay this off. I was a week late on my recent payment due to waiting for the full loan amount to hit my account. I make the final full payment on Friday, and they're calling me multiple times over the weekend claiming I need to make a payment?

But you can't get ahold of a human over the weekend despite their weekend hours. so I call Monday to find I owe an additional 300 dollars on the loan. This may have been my mistake as this is my first time paying off a loan and doing it early at that, but I recall when I called several weeks ago in an attempt to prepare what I need to pay it off, I was told she "couldn't tell me how much I would owe" AKA she was too lazy to do the calculation. So my recommendation as is everyone else's, STAY FAR FAR AWAY. If you're already in contract with them, use the automated system as much as possible, give them as little information as possible and get out of the loan as fast as possible.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I have had a loan with this company for 3 years, never missed one payment. They do not have their own auto pay so I was forced to use AutoPayPlus. I paid biweekly for 3 years. When my car was totaled due to the other driver's fault this company was unable to stop payment unless you call 7 days in advance. Well in times of hurricanes they are unable to stop payment even though they got notice more than 7 days in advance. This company and its affiliates suck! Steer clear good people!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I had a loan with them a few years back on a 2013 Dodge Charger. Paid it off in less than a year. I got another on a 2010 Dodge Journey. This time the loan wasn't as good since my interest went up and made the payment less but I think that was the dealer. My complaint is I had my car in the shop being fixed several times and I had to get a payment differed to cover the cost of the repairs.

The repairs cost way more than the payment so I had to ask the dealership to please hold on till I can get the funds together. They did for a few weeks but then they contacted Regional Acceptance and told them they were placing a lien on my car and as soon as they said that Regional picked up my car from the DEALERSHIP! And not being late on a payment with them in my history of having a loan with them they repossessed my car and it's on my credit report now as a repossession. I plan on getting a lawyer to take this matter further since I can't even get a car now thanks to them. The dealer too. GARBER CHRYSLER AUTO MALL IN GREEN COVE SPRINGS, FLORIDA RIP OFFS LIED TO ME.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I purchased a car at Peoria Nissan through Regional Acceptance in 2013, (2012 Versa), and was always early, or right on time with payments. I paid off the car two weeks ago (2 1\2 years early), and have already received my title and letter declaring the loan was paid in full. I've had to call for clarity on a few things, and service was always conducted professionally and courteously by the employees. I will work with them again in the future!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Today I went into work leaving home at 215am and worked till a quarter to 4, I received a call around 430ish from Val from Regional Acceptance. I went on to explain, "I had your money all weekend. Never had a chance to get to a bank" (not allowed to use company vehicle for personal). Well I explained what amount I was given and this supposedly customer service lady told me TO NOT OVER TALK HER, you talking pissed instantly I WAS, I SAID, "WAYMENT NOW." All I could think about was the disrespect I just received, well she wanted my card, and I have explained countless times I don't give my card to nobody for any payments. I will use the automated.

Well I call and the call went right back to her again, FURIOUS I BECAME EVEN THE MORE because during the first call she placed me on hold twice for a long period of time and the second call placed me on hold and another came trying to make me verify who I was. I gave the last 4 of my ssn, well she got cocky. I told the lady, "Take my money" and "I have nothing else I want to say because I was so mad now I gave you warning. Why keep pushing?" I began to scream, "What else damn it do you want?" She said she was ending the call and hung up.

Well I had my wife to call and make payment. Well after that I learned this Val had lied saying I told her and my wife was supposed to also have said that, "On August you can take a payment" which is a BOLD FACE LIED, I SAID I WILL CALL BACK TO THE AUTOMATED TO MAKE PAYMENT, see this is why I don't give folks my card because of crap like this. I now know I can't trust your customer service folks at Regional Acceptance because you will take money without permission.

I must say one good thing was Carniece was very welcoming and listened and she stood firmed but her customer service was awesome. As mad as I was she hung right there and even read out the comments made on the account, removed the liar comment about me making a card payment on the due date we discussed. I explained bunches of times I will not give my card out now because I won't trust these folks on what they said. I will close down my account at my bank to get a new credit card and debit because if you will lie like that then you will STEAL.

REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE I AM SO DISAPPOINTED AND WON'T RECOMMEND ANY FRIENDS NOR FAMILY TO YOUR COMPANY BECAUSE FOLKS need a company we can trust and that for you with me is quite small. Not trusting yall. I will only use the automated machine! I honestly can believe she would lie for a payment when I told I will do something and did but you lie just to get a payment and boldly said I told you that when she read your statement that I personally tell any company I don't get out my card and you force yourselves to make me do something. I stated any funky stuff go on my card then someone is going to get it and you won't forget my name because I don't do liars!

Original review: July 12, 2017

The car in question is a 2009 Nissan Ultima. I am the poa for my father. For the past year I have been asking the company to pick up the car because there is no money due to illness in the family. My father didn't pay because of dementia as well. As requested I sent in the poa numerous times and documented each time it was sent. I was told... "I like my job and I don't lie" by the rep at the other end of the line. What does liking your job have to do with a numerous times sent email with return receipt indicating it was opened?

Anyway... the company scheduled a tow pick up for Tuesday last week of July 2017. Instead of the report guy calling... the rep is calling back asking for a payment. I said no. You can't bleed me dry for a loan not in my name. I guess they got pissed off because the company garnished 3800.00 from my father and mother's social security and my mom's name isn't even on the loan for the car. I tijuana I can get legal involve now but I haven't consulted anyone yet and regional says I'm just too mean for them to talk to anymore... and hang up on me now.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Let me start out with the positive first. I have been with them April 2015, Shikila has always been understanding and help me in any way that she could. Now on the other hand, I recently wasn't a month behind on my payment and got a threatening email that if I didn't pay, my car would be repossessed or if I am one day late, I'm getting multiple phone calls. To put the icing on the cake, I call customer service to let them know I will be 2-3 days late, I get hung up on. This company needs to do a better screening on their employees.

Original review: June 16, 2017

After 32 inquiries from Sims Buick Regional Acceptance financed a 2016 vehicle with may trade. I drove off the lot with the car. Didn't like the payment but that's life. The following Wednesday I made the welcome call. They asked who this person was on my insurance. It was my fiance. Next day I was accused of buying the car for him. Never said that... And what if I was. I was already approved. Then they wanted fiance to apply in conjunction with me. Not as cosigner. Keep in mind I was literally driving the car for 6 days. They came back and insisted on at least $1500.00 down. No down payment needed when I purchased it 6 days prior. I gave them back their car and got my old one back. Both have been reported to the bin. Lawyered up about all the hard inquiries on my credit report too. Beware using either of these businesses.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I've been with Regional Acceptance for... Going on 4 years now (I think, maybe 5?). I had gone through a divorce, and a prolonged 5-year fight for 100% Disability through the VA. So my credit was not great. Hell, I wouldn't have even called it "good." I was a high-risk contract and I understood that going into Budget Car Sales. I was shown a 2012 Nissan Altima with very low mileage. I didn't really like being shown only one car, so I left. Overnight I thought about it and went back to the dealership to truly take a look at the car. I ended up financing it with Regional Acceptance Corp for 6 years and a payment of roughly $435 per month. Their approval process was quick and painless.

I understood that I was taking a high-interest loan. I also understood that my payments would be going toward interest first, unless more than a minimum amount is paid (and it is written that you want the extra to go to the principal payment (like any other loan). So long as you have all your paperwork in order and proof of income, then you won't have a problem. I've never been late on a payment either. I got remarried in Feb 2017. I called to see if I could defer a payment since I had been with the company for a number of years with zero late payments and absolutely no issues. They were polite and courteous. The lady I spoke with not only offered my 1 deferred payment but 2 in a row. She spoke fluent English and laid out the terms and conditions over the phone with no issues.

I understood that I'd be adding 2 months to my final payment date and that interest would continue to accrue. I also understood that I can not defer any payments for another year with me taking two deferred payments. So long as you follow through with your contract, you will not have an issue with RAC. I can only imagine any car loan company would want to repo their car under contract should you fall behind on payments. I can only imagine that RAC follows the law in these situations.

I'd recommend Regional Acceptance Corp to anyone with the following caveats: Follow your contract by the letter. If you don't, expect issues. If you intend to not pay them on time, expect issues. If you lose your job or fall on hard times, can not defer payments, and pay late (or not at all), expect issues. If you have a spotty payment history with them, expect issues. If you don't like the terms and conditions of the loan offered, walk away. You are not forced to sign anything. Signing a contract is a legal agreement stating you will pay as agreed and the failure to do so will result in whatever consequences are laid out in the contract. If I'd say that with any company though.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Due to divorce, lay-off and moving to a totally new city, I had hardship, but eventually got a job, then obtain another job at another company making more money and was able to save to obtain a car in 2015. Regional Acceptance financed me. I knew the interest rate was going to be high because my credit had taken a hit due to my financial hardship, but bought a 2014 Toyota Corolla, made all payments one month ahead and just this month I traded my car for another Corolla 2017 with 17 miles, refinanced new loan with my credit union at a much lower rate, loan was paid off, within one week my account at Acceptance said paid off. Never had an issue with Regional Acceptance. They were great to me when I needed a loan... Don't understand the negative reviews...

Original review: May 10, 2017

I have had the worst experience with Regional Acceptance since my car was totaled April 1st. The document Specialist will not return my calls or emails. I made a final payment and was told by 4 different people, 4 completely different stories about getting a final letter saying my account was paid off. I was told it would be available after 4:30 the same day it posted which was not correct, I was told "accounting department" has to go in and manually enter my last payment. When I asked if I could speak with someone in accounting, I was told they do not talk to customers. I have had the absolute worst with Regional customer service department. Do yourself a favor and go with another company. I will be glad when this process is OVER!

Original review: April 26, 2017

I have never had a bad experience with Regional Acceptance. They have always let me make a partial payment. So anyone that has said they won't accept partial payments is wrong. Also if I am late with a payment, which I have they do not call more than one time during the day. I have also been able to schedule a payment for a certain day if I am more than 10 days late. Everyone that I have talked to with Regional has always been courteous and polite. I do feel bad for the people that have had bad experiences with Regional.

Original review: April 23, 2017

I opened a loan with this company a year ago and they hit me with an 18% interest rate. I've tried to email the company to see if they would refinance me for a lower interest rate but they would not respond. I had made every payment on time and I pay $600 a month on a 16 Ford Fusion. I have been trying to trade it in to get into a truck but I owe so much that I would need to roll over like $8000 of the loan but the banks say I don't make enough money to finance that amount of money so it won't go through. I am very discouraged with this that I would love to do something about this company and their high interest rates. My scores are in the mid 600 and I still can't get any help. Anyone who has suggestions or any info on how to sue this company please let me know. Thanks!!!

Original review: April 22, 2017

We applied for an auto loan which we were approved for last Saturday. We didn't take home the car the same day because we wanted something custom installed. Every day during the week, this company asked for something to verify our income. It was as much as purchasing a house. It was ridiculous. When we gave all the information they needed, they took their sweet time approving the loan when it was already approved on Saturday. Then today, Friday, they rejected it. No explanation and will not accept the dealership's phone call. I think it's pretty unprofessional and unethical to change your mind after contract is already signed.

After reading the reviews here, I am glad they rejected us. I wouldn't want to give them my business anyway. This sounds like a pretty crooked loan company that should be closed down and sued continuously. Nobody should come here because it is a nightmare from hell that you will never come away from once you get into it. I thank god that he was watching over us because we don't need that type of headache. If I could give negative stars it would be negative infinity!! And the old hag that was rude from the start, sounds like she has a stick up her butt and a miserable life so she takes it out on people she don't know to make herself feel better. Well, karma will get her if it hasn't already!

Original review: April 18, 2017

I purchased my car in July of 2016. My payment due date was on the 25th of each month. I asked if I could get my payment date at the beginning of the month since that is when I get paid. I was told no. I did fall on a hardship and did a deferment on two payment. I have been making my payment each month since then, I just found out that all my payment was going toward my interest so therefore my beginning balance is the same. How disappointing to find this out. I called the company and asked what was going on. I then was told that I could change my payment date. I am praying I can trade this car in and never will I to Regional Acceptance. I feel they took my money. I would have never get this vehicle paid for if I did not ask questions and they were not going to express any help. Beware. Run when you see this company name.

Original review: April 16, 2017

Have a loan for a 2012. Have had financial setbacks. I now have over 600 dollars late payment growing everyday that it's late, not to mention the 474.32 in monthly car payments. They are extremely rude, calling me 6 times a day. I documented these calls and reported them to the BBB. I got one rude nasty customer service rep that called my sister's house looking for me. They had just called my house. I told them don't call her. This guy told me "Well it worked, you responded since you ignore our calls". I told him I just talked to someone, I do answer my phone and don't call her again. "If your sister wants her name removed from your list she has to call us". I told him "You are very rude to me and you don't talk to me like that - I was just getting ready to make a payment".

I told him "get me a supervisor because I'm done talking to you". He had the nerve to tell me "I can take your payment and then transfer you". I just kept saying "get me a supervisor because I'm done talking to you". I reported him to the supervisor. Got a deferment for one month, but the late charges are still accumulating, I can't catch up for the late charges and still have other bills to pay. I will never recommend Regional Acceptance to anyone. I'm going to try to see how to start a civil lawsuit.

Original review: April 11, 2017

This has to be the worst company I have ever come in contact with. If you are just 1 day late they are calling like you are 6 months behind on your payments. They fail to tell you that even with the high interest rate you don't begin receiving that interest towards your principal until you have been paying over a year. I called one time and the lady was 100% unprofessional. I felt like I was speaking to some young child that never attended English class. Overall a terrible company and I would not refer them to my worst enemy.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I've had a loan with them for a few years. I traded in my car. The dealership called them and let them know that they're being paid off. Asked for the pay off amount and let them know the check was coming. Days later they dipped into my account for $500. I called and asked for a supervisor. Advised him of the situation. He said they would refund it and then transferred me to another call center and then accuse me of lying saying that no one ever said that, fortunately I had the supervisor's name. I finally got back to the supervisor that authorize the refund and he said, "Oh wait I never even looked at your file. I'm going to deny the refund" and their supervisor said I'm not getting the money back.

Original review: March 31, 2017

Let's just say never have any type of hardships while with this so called company. My car was repossessed on the same day I was going to pay my arrears. I experienced a layoff from my job and was trying to play catch up on all my expenses. After my car was repossessed, I called to see if I could pay my arrears and was told so had to go through an approval process. I was asked if I received unemployment and if so that I would have to send proof. I provided the proof and told them that with my income tax refund and securing a new job, I would be on top of my payments after paying my arrears.

After waiting a few days, I called to check on the approval status. The supervisor I had been speaking with was already gone for the day so I asked if anyone else could assist me. I was transferred to the manager who was responsible for the approval review. She told me I was denied and would have to pay the full amount of the loan. I only had the loan for eight months and they are requiring the total loan amount to be paid off in full! Really? How does that make any sense. I had been paying on time except for the last two months. The manager proceeded to tell me that I was a liar because I told one representative that I was not getting unemployment and told another one that I did receive it. This was untrue and they can pull the recording of my phone conversations as proof! The mere fact that I was called a liar by the manager is rude, unprofessional and unethical!

I pray they never experience any hardships. I don't know how they sleep at night knowing they are messing up people's livelihood! Now how am I supposed to get to my new job? It was hard enough to get approved for this loan as my son had to co-sign for me and now both of us will have to suffer with this repo on our credit! Lord knows I needed this car and I pleaded with the manager even after all of her insults, but remained unsuccessful in my attempts. There was no problem resolution on any level. I asked for at least one month to be put on the back end of the loan as suggested by one reps. Nothing did they do to try to help! I had the money ready and available to be sent the same day my car was picked up and I still ended up without a car! Do not finance with this company... Ever! You will be degraded if you fall on hard times and they will falsify your case!

Original review: March 19, 2017

Is anyone still proceeding with a lawsuit toward Regional Acceptance. If so I would like to join!?! I have been paying this lender for over 6 years at $620 a month and still owe $17,400 on a purchase amount of $28,000 on this car? I am suppose to have a 7 year term. That means I should only have 1 year left. So in 6 years I have only paid $10,000 into the principal??? I had some lates here and there over the 6 years but I can't imagine those fees would be that costly! Even if I low ball my calculations we have paid $36,000 to Regional Acceptance and out of that only $10,000 was paid into principle and $26,000 into fees and interest! That's crazy! I would like to trade in our vehicle but we can't because we are way upside down. So we are stuck with this car in hopes that it will still be reliable over the next few years. I am all in on fighting this lender. They are horrible!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I am very unhappy with my experience with Regional Acceptance and usually don't write reviews but I am hoping that this will help someone. I am in the same boat as everyone else, not having the best of credit and looking to get a new vehicle. Having previously paying off a vehicle that I gave to my son, I was looking to get a newer vehicle and Regional Acceptance financed me. My original loan amount was for around $16,000 and 4 year term. I will admit that I had a few late payments when I was laid off even causing me to at one time lose the vehicle but I did regain it back and continued to make my payments on it. I purchased my 2010 vehicle in February 2012 and have made my payment of $446.00. Now 5 years later I have paid $21,000 into the car and have been told that I still owe $13,000 on my vehicle due to late payments.

I have asked several times to see my loan paperwork after being told that I was being financed for 72 months instead of 48 months but have refused to give it to me to date. This is a complete rip-off. There is no way late payments should double a loan of $16,000 to $34,000 which is what I will have paid for the vehicle once paid off, way more than what the car was worth when new. I am unable to get another vehicle because of being so upside on this vehicle. Lesson learned and will be more careful to research a finance company first before just going with them because they accepted me. I hope that lawyers are reviewing these complaints. I would like to see and be a part of a class action lawsuit brought against this company for unfair practices and taking advantage of the disadvantage.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

This has got to be the worst company to do business with in the whole world. The best thing I can tell people is if you hear this name when trying to buy a car, REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE, AKA BB&T, just say I would rather walk than do business with these people. If you are late by 1 day give it up, they will call your work number if they have it, and will call you AT LEAST 5 times a day or more until you pay. I could not make a living doing customer service for this company cause a requirement must be, mean, rude, insensitive, hateful and most of all being a bully.

Btw my car was repo'd tonight with only 1600 owing or at least I think it was repo'd since I was late on some payments, but the thing is I went to let my dog out and my car was gone and I was panicking and about to call the cops then it hit me, good of Regional... I went to looking for paperwork left somewhere but I can't find a thing... so I'm going to call them tomorrow morning to see if they did repo it without letting me know where it's at. I'm borrowing the money and going to pay it off and say goodbye Regional, never again will I do business with you and I'll warn everyone I can not to do business with BB&T/Regional Acceptance. I pray for all of you guys who have hit on hard times and have to still deal with these people.

Regional Acceptance Company Information