2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.47/5

Regional Acceptance Reviews

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Alright, so I bought a vehicle through Hendrick CDJRF a little over two years ago. My credit sucked (thanks to my parents using my credit as a kid and completely tanking it), so my credit union immediately said "lol nope" and sent me on my way. The dealer went to Regional Acceptance and came back with some numbers and despite the absolutely absurd interest rate (nearly 20%) I went with it. I *needed* a vehicle.

Had to do a phone interview a couple days after I got the car, really awkward/weird but I just went with it. That was the last I heard from RAC for the duration of my loan. I did everything online, paid every payment wayyy early, was never even close to late a single time and they seemed to be totally okay with that. They never gave me any problems.

So fast forward to a couple months ago; the interest rate is still absurd and I'm sick of paying $500+ for a car payment. I went back to my bank, again, and explained the situation. They took a look and finally allowed me to refinance through them @ only 4.5% and with a much lower payment. And Then I remembered... I had *just* made another $500+ car payment a couple days prior without thinking anything of it. Had a nice little wave of anxiety hit me when I realized I was now out $500+ because I was stupid but I digress. A few days after I finished the paperwork with my bank, I checked my account at RAC again and noted the status was now showing as "paid out". So they had gotten the money and I was out from under them! YAY!

At this point, I forgot all about RAC and went about my life. Until a couple weeks later when I checked the mail and saw I had something from RAC. Wasn't sure what it could be but, to my surprise, it was a check for the full amount of my last payment. I have no idea how that stuff works, I don't know if they could've just kept the money and been legally good to go or what. But the fact they sent me a check absolutely blew my mind and made my life much much less stressful. I really respect that. So yeah. I had no problems with RAC and that definitely surprised me, 'cause believe me I've seen the horror stories. But they did me right and I have to say, despite feeling like I was getting screwed on the interest rate (and I was), they really don't seem that bad.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I am reading the bad reviews and I have had nothing but a great experience. We bought a 2015 Ram, in May of 2018 and RAC was the finance company. We totaled the truck Sept 7 of this year. Our insurance company paid off the truck in full and we received monies back from GEICO and RAC. We still owed 25,149 on the truck and it was valued at 27, 100. Not even sure why we received a check from RAC. I called them several times during the process and they were very friendly and knowledge. I really hate that everyone has had such a bad experience with this company, but I would use them again.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

First off, I notice a low-star rating. Regional Acceptance is always professional, always willing to work with customers, IF you call them. I have been 3 payments behind before I luckily became self-employed. Yes my interest rate is kinda high. My credit score is mush. That’s how it works. My vehicle never got repoed. They never made me feel like it was my fault I couldn’t pay. I see a lot of blame put on Regional. Why? Because you couldn’t or can’t handle your own financial matters like an adult? Regional isn’t giving away free cars, they’re not Oprah. I’m about to call them now and work out a payment arrangement because I’m behind a payment because 1 of my clients is running 4 days behind paying me.

Like Regional, I trust my client because he always pays up. So you 1-star reviewers need to look at the real issue: yourselves. Or next time, take your pay stub from your $9 an hour part-time job, and your credit score of 15 (yes.15) and waltz into an auto dealership. Tell them you expect a 1% interest rate, $0 down, and a brand-new vehicle, and no phone calls or repercussions when you don’t pay on time, and see how that works out for you. The ONLY time I got multiple phone calls was when I initially didn’t want to explain why I was behind. They made it stress-free when I finally spoke with a rep.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I had horrible credit and they approved me when no one else would. Of course my interest rate is high. Of course my car will never be worth what I paid due to high interest rates for people with horrible credit. Yes my monthly payments are higher if I had decent credit. But I have a car I can take my kids to school and get great gas mileage. I have a car and I am thankful someone approved me. There were many many times I couldn't pay and asked for a default and they were always so nice and considerate. Granted you only get a few a year and it does add on to your final payoff date. If you don't like the phone calls send a letter or call them. It will stop them. I live in California so I am not sure if you get different phone numbers or agents when you call but all of my conversations have been more than pleasant.

Original review: May 5, 2020

High interest rate(s). DO NOT have them finance your car, especially now. With the pandemic going on, people being out of work and no income, they will report you if you miss one payment. I called them twice in March to let them know what was going on with my job and how everyone in my office was being furloughed. They continued to call multiple times a day and email me. They weren't there to help out in anyway possible. Now I have a late payment on my credit because of their lack of concern for their clients.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Acceptance?

Original review: March 20, 2020

They are based in Texas. They could give a damn that California is shutting down everything because of COVID-19. Zero help was offered during this time. They WILL charge you interest no matter what. Don’t even try to reason with them. Jerome ** will do nothing but explain to you in different ways why they WILL NOT help you. They take sarcasm to a whole new level. They will giggle and make fun of you because you are trying to make them understand that you cannot make the payment. They will try to speak to you in an educated manner but sadly their lack of education is compensated with their attitude.

Original review: March 20, 2020

If you have a loan with them, it's because your credit is bad. As long as you never have to call in with a problem, you should be fine. They are willing to offer payment deferments for a couple months if you can guarantee you'll be able to keep making payments. Their account overview DOES NOT reflect all charges on an account. They use a third party service to hold your title and will make you pay that company to transfer it to another state or threaten to make you wait 90 days for it, but will send it for free and quickly if your car gets impounded, which is wrong on so many levels. Not the worst company but FAR from the best.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Two years ago this sad excuse of a company financed a 2013 Camry for me. Wish I knew then what I know now. This place is terrible!! Customer service is RUDE, they call you 20 times a day 7 days a week. I finally decided last month to refinance my car through a local credit union and today I Regional has started harassing me again with the calls! I will be contacting a lawyer. My account was paid in full over a month ago.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I brought a Kia and of course the only way to get in bed with these people is if your credit is garbage. The first 5 years I did perfectly with my payment. I lost my job after a supervisor harassed me...etc. Long story short they did try and help me and pushed some payments behind. When I got on my feet I wasn't making the same amount. I was actually making less than my payment amount bi weekly. I explained this to them and explained I would have to split the payments. I got behind one payment and had a hard time catching up. When I called to make the minimum payment I was 80 short. I told them that I just wanted to make sure I put something on the account. I'll call as soon as the extra payment that was taken out my account was put back on as this was actually true.

They had four absolutely monstrous people come on the phone to patronize me and continuously repeat the same statement of you need the 80 which I didn't have. Almost an hour of them being condescending and blatantly rude. If you don't have them, I am BEGGING YOU TO FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE. They get a kick of mentally knocking someone down. Please Save yourself the pain and abuse. PLEASE!!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I have split my payments in two, before and on the due date. This has been a huge mistake. Each customer service representative has given me different and insulting answers as to why the amount due was much more than it should be. Finally, after speaking with four representatives, the amount due suddenly represented the correct amount with no apology and after tears. This has happened for the last three months. I can't wait until I no longer have to deal with this company.

Regional Acceptance Company Information