2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.45/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Regional Acceptance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Acceptance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Acceptance?

Original review: March 19, 2021

I got this loan initially from RAC for a 2019 Dodge Journey. The loan is SO BAD that the number never changes. You make a payment and the amount I am paying {$642}, I should be driving a LEXUS at the very least. What makes it WORSE is that when you try to trade it in, you are TRIPLE UPSIDE DOWN which makes you HATE the car you drive. Even it fell off a cliff, you would owe for 2 of them! I wish LEE IACOCCA himself would take this albatross off my neck. Shame on you, RAC!!

Original review: March 5, 2021

I had called in to see why my account was entirely closed. I asked her if I could keep my account open, as it was affecting my credit. She told me there was no way for me to keep the account open, was very rude in her tone. When I replied "okay" she hung up on me. I have called this company more times in my 6 months with them that any other company in my life. The random charges, or miscommunication is ridiculous from here. I will never go through this company again. Nor will I ever recommend to anyone. They are not running any sort of professional business. Save your money folks, it's not worth the headache they give here.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Notified Regional when I was quarantined for covid. Was given an extension to help me out. Had account on Auto draft. Was told no payment until March 19th. They went ahead and took February payment out anyway. Have call for a week now and have sent necessary paperwork to prove it. They're refusing to refund monies owed to me. Very bad business. Always telling me that it is what it is.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I purchased a car with first payment on Sept 2014. The contract was for 72 payments (contract end Aug 2020) which was completed with additional 4 months for deferred payments during the loan period ending Dec 2020. Regional Acceptance Corp is charging $3,122.98 for the Feb 2021 payment, identified as a "end of the contract" amount. This amount is in excess of the contract amount and beyond the contract period. I requested an explanation through their online "help" with no answer to date. I've written their corporate executives with hopes of a reconciliation of account to "paid in full."

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

This place has zero communication skills. I work in customer service and these people need some sensitivity training. And if your spouse dies...good luck paying off your vehicle. They want me to keep it in his name and pay it off. Sounds like that is illegal. So finally, now they want a death certificate, obituary, will, executer of estate statement among other documents just to prove his death. I have most of the documents. But some, I do not even know what they are. This place is a horrible joke. By the way..when someone calls to report the death of a loved one the appropriate response is not..ok..how will you be paying today. Pull your heads out of your behinds. Do better..as human beings.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I have a loan with this Co. paying high-interest rate, I was late couple months August and now September, and I was charged 20.00 for each month late. I email the Co. but I received an email back to call because they can't discuss this on the email, and if I call, they say, "Sorry, I can't help you at this moment." This REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE CORPORATION is based in Orlando, Florida. I'm really frustrated with this Co. Really a shame on this situation. We are living that some Co. don't try to help the customers. 20.00! for few days late! 40.00 in two months. IF I CAN GIVE 0.01 STAR THAT IS MY RATING FOR THEM.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

This has been the most stressful experience of my life. They are unprofessional, rude and all about how much they can profit off of you. I understand contracts but to still try to profit off of me in the middle of a pandemic is insane, they’ve made over the cost of the vehicle. The deal was shady and it was my first and last experience. I will Fred Flintstone it around before I ever go into a deal like this again. I have enough to stress about. If I was better educated on how this works instead of being blackballed by a dealership salesmen and lied to I would of ran. This company has given me permanent anxiety. I have panic attacks because of them.

Original review: May 5, 2020

High interest rate(s). DO NOT have them finance your car, especially now. With the pandemic going on, people being out of work and no income, they will report you if you miss one payment. I called them twice in March to let them know what was going on with my job and how everyone in my office was being furloughed. They continued to call multiple times a day and email me. They weren't there to help out in anyway possible. Now I have a late payment on my credit because of their lack of concern for their clients.

Original review: March 20, 2020

They are based in Texas. They could give a damn that California is shutting down everything because of COVID-19. Zero help was offered during this time. They WILL charge you interest no matter what. Don’t even try to reason with them. Jerome ** will do nothing but explain to you in different ways why they WILL NOT help you. They take sarcasm to a whole new level. They will giggle and make fun of you because you are trying to make them understand that you cannot make the payment. They will try to speak to you in an educated manner but sadly their lack of education is compensated with their attitude.

Original review: March 20, 2020

If you have a loan with them, it's because your credit is bad. As long as you never have to call in with a problem, you should be fine. They are willing to offer payment deferments for a couple months if you can guarantee you'll be able to keep making payments. Their account overview DOES NOT reflect all charges on an account. They use a third party service to hold your title and will make you pay that company to transfer it to another state or threaten to make you wait 90 days for it, but will send it for free and quickly if your car gets impounded, which is wrong on so many levels. Not the worst company but FAR from the best.

Regional Acceptance Company Information