Regional Acceptance

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The car in question is a 2009 Nissan Ultima. I am the poa for my father. For the past year I have been asking the company to pick up the car because there is no money due to illness in the family. My father didn't pay because of dementia as well. As requested I sent in the poa numerous times and documented each time it was sent. I was told... "I like my job and I don't lie" by the rep at the other end of the line. What does liking your job have to do with a numerous times sent email with return receipt indicating it was opened?

Anyway... the company scheduled a tow pick up for Tuesday last week of July 2017. Instead of the report guy calling... the rep is calling back asking for a payment. I said no. You can't bleed me dry for a loan not in my name. I guess they got pissed off because the company garnished 3800.00 from my father and mother's social security and my mom's name isn't even on the loan for the car. I tijuana I can get legal involve now but I haven't consulted anyone yet and regional says I'm just too mean for them to talk to anymore... and hang up on me now.

Let me start out with the positive first. I have been with them April 2015, Shikila has always been understanding and help me in any way that she could. Now on the other hand, I recently wasn't a month behind on my payment and got a threatening email that if I didn't pay, my car would be repossessed or if I am one day late, I'm getting multiple phone calls. To put the icing on the cake, I call customer service to let them know I will be 2-3 days late, I get hung up on. This company needs to do a better screening on their employees.

After 32 inquiries from Sims Buick Regional Acceptance financed a 2016 vehicle with may trade. I drove off the lot with the car. Didn't like the payment but that's life. The following Wednesday I made the welcome call. They asked who this person was on my insurance. It was my fiance. Next day I was accused of buying the car for him. Never said that... And what if I was. I was already approved. Then they wanted fiance to apply in conjunction with me. Not as cosigner. Keep in mind I was literally driving the car for 6 days. They came back and insisted on at least $1500.00 down. No down payment needed when I purchased it 6 days prior. I gave them back their car and got my old one back. Both have been reported to the bin. Lawyered up about all the hard inquiries on my credit report too. Beware using either of these businesses.

I've been with Regional Acceptance for... Going on 4 years now (I think, maybe 5?). I had gone through a divorce, and a prolonged 5-year fight for 100% Disability through the VA. So my credit was not great. Hell, I wouldn't have even called it "good." I was a high-risk contract and I understood that going into Budget Car Sales. I was shown a 2012 Nissan Altima with very low mileage. I didn't really like being shown only one car, so I left. Overnight I thought about it and went back to the dealership to truly take a look at the car. I ended up financing it with Regional Acceptance Corp for 6 years and a payment of roughly $435 per month. Their approval process was quick and painless.

I understood that I was taking a high-interest loan. I also understood that my payments would be going toward interest first, unless more than a minimum amount is paid (and it is written that you want the extra to go to the principal payment (like any other loan). So long as you have all your paperwork in order and proof of income, then you won't have a problem. I've never been late on a payment either. I got remarried in Feb 2017. I called to see if I could defer a payment since I had been with the company for a number of years with zero late payments and absolutely no issues. They were polite and courteous. The lady I spoke with not only offered my 1 deferred payment but 2 in a row. She spoke fluent English and laid out the terms and conditions over the phone with no issues.

I understood that I'd be adding 2 months to my final payment date and that interest would continue to accrue. I also understood that I can not defer any payments for another year with me taking two deferred payments. So long as you follow through with your contract, you will not have an issue with RAC. I can only imagine any car loan company would want to repo their car under contract should you fall behind on payments. I can only imagine that RAC follows the law in these situations.

I'd recommend Regional Acceptance Corp to anyone with the following caveats: Follow your contract by the letter. If you don't, expect issues. If you intend to not pay them on time, expect issues. If you lose your job or fall on hard times, can not defer payments, and pay late (or not at all), expect issues. If you have a spotty payment history with them, expect issues. If you don't like the terms and conditions of the loan offered, walk away. You are not forced to sign anything. Signing a contract is a legal agreement stating you will pay as agreed and the failure to do so will result in whatever consequences are laid out in the contract. If I'd say that with any company though.

Due to divorce, lay-off and moving to a totally new city, I had hardship, but eventually got a job, then obtain another job at another company making more money and was able to save to obtain a car in 2015. Regional Acceptance financed me. I knew the interest rate was going to be high because my credit had taken a hit due to my financial hardship, but bought a 2014 Toyota Corolla, made all payments one month ahead and just this month I traded my car for another Corolla 2017 with 17 miles, refinanced new loan with my credit union at a much lower rate, loan was paid off, within one week my account at Acceptance said paid off. Never had an issue with Regional Acceptance. They were great to me when I needed a loan... Don't understand the negative reviews...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Acceptance?

I have had the worst experience with Regional Acceptance since my car was totaled April 1st. The document Specialist will not return my calls or emails. I made a final payment and was told by 4 different people, 4 completely different stories about getting a final letter saying my account was paid off. I was told it would be available after 4:30 the same day it posted which was not correct, I was told "accounting department" has to go in and manually enter my last payment. When I asked if I could speak with someone in accounting, I was told they do not talk to customers. I have had the absolute worst with Regional customer service department. Do yourself a favor and go with another company. I will be glad when this process is OVER!

I have never had a bad experience with Regional Acceptance. They have always let me make a partial payment. So anyone that has said they won't accept partial payments is wrong. Also if I am late with a payment, which I have they do not call more than one time during the day. I have also been able to schedule a payment for a certain day if I am more than 10 days late. Everyone that I have talked to with Regional has always been courteous and polite. I do feel bad for the people that have had bad experiences with Regional.

I opened a loan with this company a year ago and they hit me with an 18% interest rate. I've tried to email the company to see if they would refinance me for a lower interest rate but they would not respond. I had made every payment on time and I pay $600 a month on a 16 Ford Fusion. I have been trying to trade it in to get into a truck but I owe so much that I would need to roll over like $8000 of the loan but the banks say I don't make enough money to finance that amount of money so it won't go through. I am very discouraged with this that I would love to do something about this company and their high interest rates. My scores are in the mid 600 and I still can't get any help. Anyone who has suggestions or any info on how to sue this company please let me know. Thanks!!!

We applied for an auto loan which we were approved for last Saturday. We didn't take home the car the same day because we wanted something custom installed. Every day during the week, this company asked for something to verify our income. It was as much as purchasing a house. It was ridiculous. When we gave all the information they needed, they took their sweet time approving the loan when it was already approved on Saturday. Then today, Friday, they rejected it. No explanation and will not accept the dealership's phone call. I think it's pretty unprofessional and unethical to change your mind after contract is already signed.

After reading the reviews here, I am glad they rejected us. I wouldn't want to give them my business anyway. This sounds like a pretty crooked loan company that should be closed down and sued continuously. Nobody should come here because it is a nightmare from hell that you will never come away from once you get into it. I thank god that he was watching over us because we don't need that type of headache. If I could give negative stars it would be negative infinity!! And the old hag that was rude from the start, sounds like she has a stick up her butt and a miserable life so she takes it out on people she don't know to make herself feel better. Well, karma will get her if it hasn't already!

I purchased my car in July of 2016. My payment due date was on the 25th of each month. I asked if I could get my payment date at the beginning of the month since that is when I get paid. I was told no. I did fall on a hardship and did a deferment on two payment. I have been making my payment each month since then, I just found out that all my payment was going toward my interest so therefore my beginning balance is the same. How disappointing to find this out. I called the company and asked what was going on. I then was told that I could change my payment date. I am praying I can trade this car in and never will I to Regional Acceptance. I feel they took my money. I would have never get this vehicle paid for if I did not ask questions and they were not going to express any help. Beware. Run when you see this company name.

Have a loan for a 2012. Have had financial setbacks. I now have over 600 dollars late payment growing everyday that it's late, not to mention the 474.32 in monthly car payments. They are extremely rude, calling me 6 times a day. I documented these calls and reported them to the BBB. I got one rude nasty customer service rep that called my sister's house looking for me. They had just called my house. I told them don't call her. This guy told me "Well it worked, you responded since you ignore our calls". I told him I just talked to someone, I do answer my phone and don't call her again. "If your sister wants her name removed from your list she has to call us". I told him "You are very rude to me and you don't talk to me like that - I was just getting ready to make a payment".

I told him "get me a supervisor because I'm done talking to you". He had the nerve to tell me "I can take your payment and then transfer you". I just kept saying "get me a supervisor because I'm done talking to you". I reported him to the supervisor. Got a deferment for one month, but the late charges are still accumulating, I can't catch up for the late charges and still have other bills to pay. I will never recommend Regional Acceptance to anyone. I'm going to try to see how to start a civil lawsuit.

This has to be the worst company I have ever come in contact with. If you are just 1 day late they are calling like you are 6 months behind on your payments. They fail to tell you that even with the high interest rate you don't begin receiving that interest towards your principal until you have been paying over a year. I called one time and the lady was 100% unprofessional. I felt like I was speaking to some young child that never attended English class. Overall a terrible company and I would not refer them to my worst enemy.

I've had a loan with them for a few years. I traded in my car. The dealership called them and let them know that they're being paid off. Asked for the pay off amount and let them know the check was coming. Days later they dipped into my account for $500. I called and asked for a supervisor. Advised him of the situation. He said they would refund it and then transferred me to another call center and then accuse me of lying saying that no one ever said that, fortunately I had the supervisor's name. I finally got back to the supervisor that authorize the refund and he said, "Oh wait I never even looked at your file. I'm going to deny the refund" and their supervisor said I'm not getting the money back.

Let's just say never have any type of hardships while with this so called company. My car was repossessed on the same day I was going to pay my arrears. I experienced a layoff from my job and was trying to play catch up on all my expenses. After my car was repossessed, I called to see if I could pay my arrears and was told so had to go through an approval process. I was asked if I received unemployment and if so that I would have to send proof. I provided the proof and told them that with my income tax refund and securing a new job, I would be on top of my payments after paying my arrears.

After waiting a few days, I called to check on the approval status. The supervisor I had been speaking with was already gone for the day so I asked if anyone else could assist me. I was transferred to the manager who was responsible for the approval review. She told me I was denied and would have to pay the full amount of the loan. I only had the loan for eight months and they are requiring the total loan amount to be paid off in full! Really? How does that make any sense. I had been paying on time except for the last two months. The manager proceeded to tell me that I was a liar because I told one representative that I was not getting unemployment and told another one that I did receive it. This was untrue and they can pull the recording of my phone conversations as proof! The mere fact that I was called a liar by the manager is rude, unprofessional and unethical!

I pray they never experience any hardships. I don't know how they sleep at night knowing they are messing up people's livelihood! Now how am I supposed to get to my new job? It was hard enough to get approved for this loan as my son had to co-sign for me and now both of us will have to suffer with this repo on our credit! Lord knows I needed this car and I pleaded with the manager even after all of her insults, but remained unsuccessful in my attempts. There was no problem resolution on any level. I asked for at least one month to be put on the back end of the loan as suggested by one reps. Nothing did they do to try to help! I had the money ready and available to be sent the same day my car was picked up and I still ended up without a car! Do not finance with this company... Ever! You will be degraded if you fall on hard times and they will falsify your case!

Is anyone still proceeding with a lawsuit toward Regional Acceptance. If so I would like to join!?! I have been paying this lender for over 6 years at $620 a month and still owe $17,400 on a purchase amount of $28,000 on this car? I am suppose to have a 7 year term. That means I should only have 1 year left. So in 6 years I have only paid $10,000 into the principal??? I had some lates here and there over the 6 years but I can't imagine those fees would be that costly! Even if I low ball my calculations we have paid $36,000 to Regional Acceptance and out of that only $10,000 was paid into principle and $26,000 into fees and interest! That's crazy! I would like to trade in our vehicle but we can't because we are way upside down. So we are stuck with this car in hopes that it will still be reliable over the next few years. I am all in on fighting this lender. They are horrible!

I am very unhappy with my experience with Regional Acceptance and usually don't write reviews but I am hoping that this will help someone. I am in the same boat as everyone else, not having the best of credit and looking to get a new vehicle. Having previously paying off a vehicle that I gave to my son, I was looking to get a newer vehicle and Regional Acceptance financed me. My original loan amount was for around $16,000 and 4 year term. I will admit that I had a few late payments when I was laid off even causing me to at one time lose the vehicle but I did regain it back and continued to make my payments on it. I purchased my 2010 vehicle in February 2012 and have made my payment of $446.00. Now 5 years later I have paid $21,000 into the car and have been told that I still owe $13,000 on my vehicle due to late payments.

I have asked several times to see my loan paperwork after being told that I was being financed for 72 months instead of 48 months but have refused to give it to me to date. This is a complete rip-off. There is no way late payments should double a loan of $16,000 to $34,000 which is what I will have paid for the vehicle once paid off, way more than what the car was worth when new. I am unable to get another vehicle because of being so upside on this vehicle. Lesson learned and will be more careful to research a finance company first before just going with them because they accepted me. I hope that lawyers are reviewing these complaints. I would like to see and be a part of a class action lawsuit brought against this company for unfair practices and taking advantage of the disadvantage.

This has got to be the worst company to do business with in the whole world. The best thing I can tell people is if you hear this name when trying to buy a car, REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE, AKA BB&T, just say I would rather walk than do business with these people. If you are late by 1 day give it up, they will call your work number if they have it, and will call you AT LEAST 5 times a day or more until you pay. I could not make a living doing customer service for this company cause a requirement must be, mean, rude, insensitive, hateful and most of all being a bully.

Btw my car was repo'd tonight with only 1600 owing or at least I think it was repo'd since I was late on some payments, but the thing is I went to let my dog out and my car was gone and I was panicking and about to call the cops then it hit me, good of Regional... I went to looking for paperwork left somewhere but I can't find a thing... so I'm going to call them tomorrow morning to see if they did repo it without letting me know where it's at. I'm borrowing the money and going to pay it off and say goodbye Regional, never again will I do business with you and I'll warn everyone I can not to do business with BB&T/Regional Acceptance. I pray for all of you guys who have hit on hard times and have to still deal with these people.

DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT GET A LOAN WITH THIS COMPANY. Nobody can speak English, I paid on my car for 1.5 years and I owed more than my original loan. This place will not stop calling you, sometimes up to 4 times a day and late and very early.

I have paid on my car going on 3 years. Original loan $16,579. I looked over my statement after I went to a local dealer to trade my car in for another. They asked how did I still owe so much money giving the time I've paid the loan... I would suggest looking over the statements you get. It feels like I am being robbed.

I have been with Regional Acceptance Corp for 2 yrs. Granted the interest rate is high but then my credit was lousy. I was allowed to drive my car off the lot with NO money down and a nice car at that. Nobody would finance me. I have been a couple days late on a Payment and NO ONE called to harass me. Anytime I have spoke to someone they were courteous. I would do business with them again. My credit score has dramatically improved. I'm sorry other people have had problems but it just hasn't been the case with me.

Regional Acceptance is the only place that would approve me for a car loan because my credit is crap. IN 2014, I put a $200 down payment on a 2013 vehicle that was priced at $12000 (2500 below book). I haven't missed a payment, I have not heard from them at all. The only time I talked to them was when I asked them if I could jump online and make partial payments and they told me that's fine as long as the total payment was made before the due date. I said ok, and have been doing that since I get the car. The interest rate is kind of high (17.95%) but that was to be expected with poor credit. The online portal could use a bit of work, but it does its job.

I was in need of a family car in 2012. Midtown Motors in PA had a deal going on to help everybody get a newer car no matter my credit level. It took many hours until they found a car loan place that would help me. The payments were going to be 493.00 a month for the first 18 months then it would get lower. Well I wanted to make car payments not car repair payments so I took the deal. Well I hits some hard times and when I had the 18 months in I called them and was told that only by getting the car refined through a local bank would the payments go down! Well I was in no shape to go local as the husband was between jobs so I went on paying them! It is now 2016 and I still owe 15,500 on the car ad my 09 car is only 4500 bluebook!

I started reading the reports on this site and there are many people in my boat. Regional Acceptance is looking real bad now and I called and told them so and they asked for a payment that was all. So I went down to Midtown Motors and told them the whole story and they don't work with them anymore! So I just wanted to let people know to check with this site before they go car loan shopping.

I had a five year loan 409 a month and I made payments on time and when I was gonna be late because my son had brain cancer, I tried making partial payments which they refused to take!! I got so far behind because they refused my money! Customer service center are the most unprofessional people I have ever spoke to. Treated me like a piece of crap and refused my money and had no sympathy that my son had a terminal illness. I offered 102 a week and they still refused. And they took my car after I tried paying for it.

This is the worst company to get a loan. Our truck was totaled since June 17, 2016. My insurance company had waited over a month to get the payoff amount from them. They still expected me to pay the loan which I understood. However when they received the first check they did not apply anything to the payment I am due for July. My husband is on dialysis and has been out of work and will have surgery on Thursday. I asked for them to apply the amount owe for July and they wouldn't do it at all.

Now for the first time I will incur an over 30 delinquent on my credit since I have had the loan. This is **. They would call the very next day if I didn't make my payment on the due date. Their employees are rude and obnoxious. They have no heart or respect. I have had one person cuss on the phone but says it was not to me. I would never recommend this damn company at all. All dealerships should not do business with them at all. And also they take forever to send the paperwork to the ins...

RAC is a rip off! They unilaterally took car payments from my checking account when I was not signed up for ACH. ALSO, they took a car payment from my account when the car was totaled and the payoff letter from my insurance company was already acknowledged and I had already signed over the title and the car was completely paid off! They are rip offs and their customer service personnel are rude and have terrible language barriers! I am so happy that Wells Fargo picked up my new car loan. I would walk to work on nails before financing another car with this immoral company!

I entered into a 4 year contract and paid for 3 years 11 months and owed them 549.00 when I got laid off and they refused to work with me and repo'd the truck over 549.00 and ruined my credit and destroyed my family's lives. As seniors we don't have the ability to do it again and I have not been able to work since they took my truck. They got my car as a trade in so now we have nothing and borderline homeless. We lost $20,000, our savings and our future. As seniors with no vehicle to work we now live with no health insurance and barely surviving.

We purchased a car and it was financed through Regional Acceptance. The purchase price was $18,000. After 5 years and paying over $32,000 for this car ($535.00 a month! They said we still owed $20,000. I will admit that we got behind a time or two, but always worked those out. We were threatened and called trash by their "customer service" people. After we talked to them and made payments, we would still get up to 10 phone calls a day. They have ruined our credit even more. If anyone wants to finance your purchase through Regional Acceptance, run! Run very fast!

Do NOT I repeat DO NOT finance with these people. They are by far the worst company to finance with ever! I sent a money order and it supposedly "never got there." I call today to make a payment to find out I'm behind 2 payments and they threaten to repo my car unless I pay them RIGHT NOW over $1,000. I was at work when I called and said "at least give me until tomorrow when I'm off of work and I can figure out what happened with the money order and come up with the money to pay and this **." ANTHONY is his name, says "nope you have to pay right now or don't be surprised if you walk out of work and don't have a car." BY far the worst customer service and I'm pretty sure scam artists.

I am looking into my money order I sent and found out that it was indeed cashed, by who... I don't know but I will be getting to the bottom of it. I did end up coming up with the money. Thank God, had a friend call and pay it for me while I was at work and gave him the cash later, so this ** ANTHONY wouldn't have my car repossessed as he kept threatening to do. Get a real job and education ANTHONY instead of trying to make everyone else's life miserable! Just because your life is sad and pathetic you have to go and try to ruin everyone else's. Feel sorry for you and the people around you. Go to church.

Purchased a car, got a loan in 2012. Interest rates crazy, totaled care two months ago. Got GAP insurance and still being harassed by Regional Acceptance and have taken negative marks on my credit bringing my credit down by 60 points even though I had all the proper protocols in place. Would I recommend Regional Acceptance to anyone!!! NO. If I could give them no stars I would!!!

Regional Acceptance is by far the worst finance company that I have tried to work with. I co-signed for my daughter to get a car through them, but first thing was I was suppose to be the co-signer and I ended up being the borrower. The first week of March my daughter totaled lost the car. Here it is May 2, 2016 and I am still dealing with Regional Acceptance to close this claim. State Farm paid off most of the balance of the car, in March. Every time I call Regional Acceptance they say they need paperwork from State Farm. Every time I call State Farm they have sent what they need, yet they still don't have it. I have called Regional Acceptance several times and tried to speak with a claims person, but all I can get is Customer Service. I can leave a message for a claims person to call me back, but when you try to leave a message when you press a number to get an extension it does not work.

I have both State Farm and Regional Acceptance on the phone at the same time and the person from Regional Acceptance keeps saying "I am sorry, but we have not received anything from State Farm." So is State Farm lying or is Regional Acceptance lying? State Farm has paid the majority of the claim off only leaving a balance of $1700. Why is it that State Farm says they have faxed over the paperwork on two different occasions, yet Regional Acceptance still does not have it. What is the problem here? This is ridiculous. I have been trying to contact the local office, still cannot talk with a human. Totally dissatisfied with Regional Acceptance. I have no confidence in them as a company. If an insurance company can pay a $16,000 claim in a few days, to be for sure they can get a $1700 claim paid in a day or two. With the help of the Lord, I will never deal with Regional Acceptance again.

Since this accident, they are trying to say that my account is 45 days past due. The devil is a lie. That is their fault that it is taking to close this account. If there was a way to sure their butts I would, just having to deal with them the past 60 days. I am will to drive 3 hours to the company here in North Carolina just to get this issue resolved this week. Regional Acceptance loves targeting people with low credit scores so that they can charge them these ridiculous high interest rates. I warn any reading this, stay away from Regional Acceptance. Ripoff company.

Regional Acceptance Company Profile