1.41/5

Looking for a loan company?

153 Regional Acceptance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 6, 2019

I purchased a new 2017 Chevy Colorado, and was finance through Regional Acceptance, at first I was a little skeptical I never heard about this particular finance company. So I received my first car note and began to set up my payment options when l notice that the lender accept credit card payment with no extra charge, so that option worked out for me. Not only can I make credit card payments I also earn reward points, so it’s been two years now and I’m content with this particular finance institution.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have never had an issue with this company. I have been set up on automatic debit from day one and other than that there is no reason for them to call me about anything. They have been my loan servicer for almost 3 years. No complaints here. So sorry to read all the bad experiences some customers have had.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I purchased a car with them and I've had no issues with them. Due to a divorce I had to defer my payments for a month, the company was very helpful. The one time that I was late, it was my fault, and I had chosen the wrong date to pay online. The staff has been very helpful to me. They don't harass me at all. Yes my interest is high as hell, because I am a risk due to my credit. I plan on refinancing at the end of the year, but in the meantime they've been very understanding.

I understand job loss, injury, or just bad luck. What I don't understand is people bashing this company for doing their job. You cannot expect for them to show empathy to everyone who goes through things. Otherwise they'd go out of business. At the end of the day, this is how they eat and feed their family. Same as you using the car to feed your family, go to work, etc.???

Original review: May 7, 2019

Calls multiple times a day... My owed is higher. I hate this company. This company is a ripoff. I was with Capital One and decided stupidly to go to this company for a lower rate... Now I owe the exact same amount after 2 ** years.

Original review: May 7, 2019

So far I have paid every payment ahead of time so I have never been late. Then I figured since I'm always ahead and never late or missed a payment It would boost my credit score. Bullcrap since it and they reported an increase of $117 dollars and bam knocked my credit score down to where my credit was bad. Asked for reason and was hung up on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Acceptance?

Original review: April 15, 2019

This company is the worst company I've ever dealt with in my life. Everything about this company is bad. 1st and most importantly is their customer service reps. This is a lender which car dealers use for people with moderate to bad credit ratings. Had I known the dealership where I purchased my car was using this company I would have walked out. The people who work there are clueless and incompetent is putting it nicely. Their website is archaic and you can't get to a rep over the phone without jumping through a million hoops. They do not respond to email either so don't waste your time.

I just made my final car payment which took me three separate payments (my last scheduled payment, then a $17 dollar charge and now they want another $10.01) before they send me the bill of sale. I called to make sure the day I made my last payment back on March 13 and the rep said 7-10 days the bill of sale would be sent. HAAAA! Fin jokers these clowns are. Your system sucks!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I had my car voluntarily repossessed due to some financial issues during a divorce. Afterward, my account was forwarded to RGS Financial. This is the company RAC uses to do collections on their behalf. RAC does not sell the account to RGS, they simply use them to do the dirty work. RAC completely washes their hands of the account except to hold the debt. RGS collects, then forwards the payment to RAC. This is inconvenient, but it's whatever at this point. RAC uses a super subpar company to perform its collection activities. This company doesn't reflect single payments made on their website and you have to call for an updated balance. If you enter into a payment plan with RGS, they refuse to send you any written agreement stating that you are in that payment plan with them. This makes it extremely difficult to explain the debt and payment when getting a loan elsewhere. Both RAC and RGS are shady companies.

Original review: March 2, 2019

If you value GOOD customer service and REAL people, PLEASE DON'T bother with this company. They are terrible and from reading the other reviews I think it's safe to say, HEARTLESS. They received two car payments from me for the month in error and absolutely refused to credit the payment made in error back to my account. I think it's also safe to say, thieves! Reputation isn't important to them as long as they're taking your money.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

This is by far the worst company! They constantly harass you even if you are late with a payment and have already set up one for a particular date. The staff is very rude and ignorant. Total ripoff company. Sounds like they work from a basement. Never deal with this company!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My car was totaled on Dec 9, 2018. It was considered a total loss on Dec 28, 2018, my insurance company cut Regional Acceptance a check on January 8, 2019, for my loss. On Jan 23, they stated that they have not picked up their mail so they were not sure if the check was there. To be on the safe side my insurance stopped that check and cut them a check and sent it overnight on January 25. As of Feb 7 Regional Acceptance still, have not put in the system that they have received the check. Anytime my insurance company or I call Regional Acceptance they say that they have not been to the post office or received anything.

As of now, I am waiting on them to check their mail to see if they have their money to complete my GAP paperwork in a timely manner. If my GAP paperwork isn't completed in a timely manner I will be forced to pay Regional Acceptance the remaining amount. If I do not hear back from them in a timely manner I will be speaking with my attorney on this issue, they have had more then enough time to check mail.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Due to low credit we had to use this company for our car. 2 years later after making $1000-$2000 payments to raise our credit score, I was involved in a hit and run accident that ended our car as a total loss. At the time, we were paid up through May 10, 2019. 4 months and 4 days ahead from the accident. When we called and requested our money back, the Regional rep Allison, states we would receive nothing back and should not have paid so much. Now we must sue them for our prepayments and tbh, ANGUISH. It is wrong and I am begging anyone who reads this to please, refinance or get out from under this scam. I wish we could have known beforehand. I had no idea it was a unaccredited institution and we knew interest was high due to credit, but I wish I’d have done more research. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. If you can’t get out of it, do not pay more than your payment!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I would give 0 if I could. Purchased a car in 2013 had ok credit but got a co-signer. Car was ** from dealer. Ok that’s fine. Regional charged me $16,000 or so in finance charges. Ok. 100% my fault for needing a car at the time to get back and forth to work so I did it. So 1 year goes by for paying on time. I go to refinance "Oh we don't do that". Ok so be it, continue to pay. Well lo and behold here we are 5+ years into paying $468 a month on a 72 month loan and I still owe $14,000+ after 5 years 4 months of payment. My loan matures in Aug of 2019 and I STILL owe $14,000+.

How is this even possible. The car is only worth maybe $4,500. I'm so upside down. No other dealer will touch the vehicle. I have done my research and this seems to be a common theme with this company. So to review I have owned my 2011 Ford Fusion for 64 months. I have paid Regional $29,952 on the vehicle thus far and they still say I owe another $14,000+ which is crazy when I only have 8 payments left of $468. So in total what was supposed to cost me $36,000 or so is going to cost me $44,000+. How is this legal?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Violated Rema Laws and refuse to delete their account record. I am still addressing the predatory loan that I received from this company years after they have been paid off. If anyone has information regarding a class action versus Regional Acceptance Corporation please post it here.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

After Regional Acceptance Corp purchased my vehicle loan from Brand Bank, they began to send me a pre-recorded message every morning at 8am. This proceeded for over two weeks after numerous time answering and going through the meaningless prompt. After this annoyance, they then have decided my auto-draft was set up for the wrong day and began charging late fees with no notification.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The staff are rude and unprofessional! They will call your home at 9:00 pm. You can make a payment and before the payment clears they are calling again. You can use their online payment and they continue to call. You can tell them when you are making a payment they still call you! Please, if you can’t have another company finance your vehicle! Please do! People fall on hard times but they don’t care.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I would not recommend Regional Acceptance to my enemy. They purchase my auto loan and missed 2 payments in the transition stating that my account is behind and past due when that is not the case!!! My credit has take a big hit with multiple late payments. Not to mention they called my employer looking to talk with an HR rep, they have the call recorded and would not give "Aaron" any information or transfer him to HR. My employer support called me to notify of this call stating that Regional would not state the purpose of the call and only gave me the caller name and number (which is my current account rep at Regional).

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I would not recommend Regional Acceptance Corporation to no one. If I could give them zero stars I would. They are very nasty with customers. Very unprofessional. They don't care about their customers at all. They are trying to say I'm 3 months behind on my payment. Said I had to have 808.00 by the end of the month. I told them I can come up with 404 but not 808. Not happening cause I had 2 deaths in the family and prior to that I had surgery so dealing with all that I told them I could do more next month and the manager kept putting me on hold. Then I heard her tell, "It's hot in here. Put me back on hold" then yelled, "Is patty still here. Put me back on hold" then hung up on me. I'm about to call the Better Business Bureau on them because they are nasty with everyone and don't want to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I made a payment for Aug 24 2018 for $337, my payments is for $335 and some change a month. I was always taught to go a dollar over the amount so that way you'll be ahead. So I'd received a phone call last week stating that I was late on my September payment and now I own $358!!! I was like,"What how did that happen?!" Now the Customer Service rep was getting nasty and I was trying to explain that I always Screenshot my payments for times like this. she did want to hear it and me to get in contact with my bank!

So, the next day I call my bank and explain what took place the night before and they told me that it went through and to call them back to see if it was a miss understanding. So I did, and after they did some deeper investigating, it wasn't for Sept bill it was for Aug bill!!! how did almost 2 months go by with a another payment made and y'all just now caught that. they stated that my bank must have cancel it out, I'm like how can anything be cancelled out and y'all gave me a confirmation number, nor did I stop a payment and I made the payment on their website using my DEBIT CARD. HOW SWAY HOW!!!! FRAUDS I TELL YOU.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Warning, don't deal with New Port Richey or Wesley Chapel Hyundai as being a customer directed me to Regional Acceptance Corp. due to factors that were beyond my control. I'm extremely dissatisfied with RAC. Please avoid RAC associated with BB&T Bank. Two Thumbs Down.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I got my car in 2014. My maturity date and my contract states my payments end in 1/2019. I did the math. I'll still owe 5500 after maturity date because I am in bankruptcy so no interest was paid on note and something about 4 extensions that no one ever said would extend my payment. I got behind but I had to get current to keep them from taking the car. I asked to get states sent to me showing what interests not paid and what I'm paying and was told no. If I had questions about my account call them and keep making payments for an extra year and a half. Is there anyone I can contact about this? It doesn't sound right.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Regional financed my truck back in 2013. It's a 2006 Ford F150. It is now 2018 and they are saying I still owe 8200! 5 years ago when the truck was financed, it was maybe 18 thousand something, I cant remember the exact number. And it was a 5 year loan. I would of never realized that it was due to be paid off this year if my dad hadn't of been a co signer those 5 years ago and informed me that it was supposed to be paid off by now. So I called Regional today to get an answer to why I still owe over 8 grand. The only thing the lady kept telling me was that it is from interest and late fees. Yes over the course of the 5 years they allowed me to move the payment to the end of the note during job change, and moving. But I kept asking her, tell me how in the world I still owe over 8000 and if it was due to be paid off this year, that don't make sense because 8 grand would be 3 more years of paying on it. Again, all she kept referring to was interest and late fees.

She also said that it shows my maturity date as June of 2019, next year and that when that date hits, I will be responsible for the remainder, which will be 5 grand still after paying on it for another year! How and why would I come up with 5 grand to pay them after paying on this truck for what will be 6 years at that point?!

She never would give me a good explanation for how I still owe over 8 grand. I feel that they are trying to screw me out of money any way that they can! And now after Googling reviews for them... boy do I wish I would of Googled them 5 years ago, I would of never ever gotten the truck!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I appreciate the opportunity of having a vehicle financed based on my credit not too good but after paying my account on time for over a year I asked if they could lower the interest so more money can go towards the balance, less than half of my payment is going towards the balance and yes they are extremely rude. "We don't do that. You have to refinance through another company, have a nice day" and hung up. Well that won't be easy to do because my balance is still way too high, over half of what I'm paying is eaten up by the interest. Just saying unfortunately trying to do right and rebuild your credit with this company (Regional Acceptance Corporation) is NOT a good decision at all!!!

Original review: May 19, 2018

I battled DMV and Regional Acceptance Corporation for about 14 months. Regional kept telling me they would look into the issue and contact me back. I made 5 attempts in those 14 months. Trying to give them enough time each time to get back to me. Nothing every time. I ended up having issues driving my truck around risking to get a ticket because they wouldn’t help. DMV kept telling me when they took over my loan from another company, something must of been overlooked by them and not been signed.

Something so simple. But they wouldn’t help. Finds out it was DMV mistake. A simple call from Regional would of fixed it. Finally a manager stepped in at DMV and took matters into her hands and contact Regional. A simple phone call from Regional would have saved me so much time. I ended up taking 3 days of work off trying to get this fixed. Trust me I’m working to pay my truck off ASAP! Don’t want them to get more money than I have already given them.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have never dealt with a company that was so incompetent, ill informed with non-professional employees. All I need is a copy of my title to get registration. They will not even get me that. I am thinking of reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. Never ever use this company as a means of financing a home or car or anything for that matter. They are very fraudulent and I am surprised they are in business.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I first encounter Regional Acceptance in 2010, when they approved a loan for a brand new Nissan Maxima with 6 miles on it. My credit wasn't very good so expected to pay a higher interest rate than normal. If your credit score isn't up in the high 700 your interest rate will be high, so I expected to have a high monthly payment and I did. There were several times I couldn't make my payment on time and I talked and made arrangements and paid it. I never had one late payment shown on my credit report not one, and I was late several times but made arrangements.

I had them for almost 7 years I mean never a issue at all. You can't expect great service with unacceptable credit scores. Be real this company did a great job with me for almost 7 years, paid my car off and had a nice relationship with them unusual. I will never say anything bad about them... Keep your credit clean then there would be NO reason to complain... This is a very good company... All companies has some issues and believe that.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Unfortunately our son financed a truck with this horrible company without consulting us. Ten months later he sold the truck, but we spent over a month after the loan was paid off trying to get the title. The majority of people employed by this company are either total liars or complete idiots, because if we called 5 times with the same question, 5 employees gave us 5 completely different answers! Finding a person who even knew the procedure for paying off a loan was next to impossible, but we did finally manage to get that accomplished. Little did we know that getting the title would be a month long process of constant phone calls and run-around.

One person would say the title was in the mail, the next would say it wouldn’t be mailed for another week. Their story changed every day, and we never did get the title! In the end, we had to pay an extra $60 to get the Lien Satisfaction letter so we could go to the DMV and get a duplicate copy. And how exactly does that work? The company that is responsible for for keeping your vehicle title can just lose it, but you have to pay to fix their problem? This company blatantly takes advantage of people! Do not do business with them if you have any choice at all!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Paid off my vehicle. Then they stated about $6.57 left. Then call them for pay off letter. They stated still 1 cents on the loan on the backend that didn't display to my account. They told me that they sent it to pay off to be written off by manager. They told me to call in three days, called in 3 days. They told me it still wasn't done.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I am really tired of people bashing this company! Regional Acceptance is great for people who can not get their cars financed through the major companies. I have been with them ever since I purchased my very first car on 2014. I am never leaving them either. They have worked with me anytime I got in a situation. I've always made good on the payment arrangements. It is like this, if your credit is not great this company will do its best to finance your vehicle. Sure the interest rate is sky high, but it is what it is. That is the penalty paid for not having great credit.

The customer service representatives are all awesome. They are never rude, mean, or unpleasant. Every representative I've dealt with have been courteous and always on point. So many people want to put Regional Acceptance down, but I am not with that negativity. Sometimes people only tell their "side of the story", to make them look good. I do not work for this company at all and am just a customer. Some people are not telling the whole truth and are leaving important details out of their negative experience. They are leaving out what they did to contribute to it. Thank you Regional Acceptance Corp for being there for me when I've needed y'all the most. An honest, pleased customer.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

OMG. Never get an auto loan from these guys, we got a loan back in 2014 and they charge you interest on the amount of the loan every day!!! And very little if any of your payment goes toward your principal balance. My soon to be ex husband had been paying on this truck or so I thought. But I guess he took out several actions that I wasnt aware of. Then in October he decided he couldn’t afford it anymore even though he told our son that he would continue to pay for it.

Now he has two incomes. His and his fiancé and me. I’m now a single mom who can’t afford it and when I explained what happened to Regional they were like, "Sorry we can’t help you or give you an extension. You’ve used them all." I said, "No my ex did. Not me. But no." So I finally have had enough and when they called while I was down with the flu. I answered and told them I’m doing a thing cause I’m stuck in bed with the flu and I’ll call when I get better. Did they stop calling. No. They kept calling. So yesterday they called with a different phone number that I answered and while on the phone they called me from the regular number that calls me, well I stated, "That’s funny. You guys are calling me on the other line. From another number too".

But I told her when my son comes home in about two weeks we will be turning in the truck. So she said she’s note it in the account, well wouldn’t you know they call last night and this morning again to try and get a payment and when I told them I had spoken to them already and was going to turn the truck in they said, "Oh let me get you over to a supervisor to see if we can work with you." What. Are you serious. No thank you. So yeah let’s see how many more times they call me before I turn the truck in.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I was in an extremely bad accident on December 25th and as a result had to buy a new car. I had a great experience with the car buying process but that bliss ended when I spoke to Regional Acceptance. A "Monica" called me to go over details of the loan that had been approved and when the subject of auto insurance came up, I had questions. Monica indicated Regional Acceptance would only accept a 500 deductible on my policy. I, on pain killers and muscle relaxers as well as being in a very bad emotional state, questioned this requirement because I had a higher deductible than 500.00. I asked what would happen if someone had a higher deductible and she went on to say they would only accept 500. I asked what could be done because I could not afford the premium the insurance company was charging on a deductible that low.

After going back and forth I asked to speak to a manager and that's when Daphne ** got on the line. I told her I could not get a straight answer to the insurance question and reiterated my concern. Daphne's demeanor was offensive to me just as I was probably not very nice back. I expressed my concern about the insurance again, to only have Daphne become combative. I kept repeating my question as to what would happen if I could not afford the insurance premium on a 500 deductible and at this point she continued to be argumentative. She then stated she was going to send my file back to the dealership if I didn't stop being rude. I explained my concern again and said to please not threaten me with sending my file back. She began to taunt me saying "I am not threatening you. I am telling you I am sending your file back".

She also stated that they only wanted to deal with people they feel they won't have problems with and they only want to deal with people who are going to make their payments. I am not sure why she drew the conclusion that I would not pay my car payment. She also stated that she felt that I was going to change my insurance back to a higher deductible and therefore they didn't want to deal with me. Keep in mind my loan was already approved. Becoming very emotional and angry at this point I asked to speak to HER manager. I don't know who it was I spoke to because they did not identify themselves but the girl that got on the phone has the same offensive attitude with me. I pleaded with her to not send my file back that I was just in a bad accident (I almost lost my husband and my life) and that this all stemmed from a concern about my insurance.

After being patronized by Daphne and this woman I said that if I was in a situation where I had to protect my household budget, my insurance would be one of the things I could change in order to afford it! This woman and Daphne both decided my file was being sent back. I practically begged but this woman, just like Daphne, in a very sarcastic voice said it was too late, I could go find another lender.

I contacted the dealership via my sales person who said not to worry, they had connections at Regional and they would get it fixed. At this point I am thinking of how and why a company would "play god" with my life and why was I even having this conversation with the dealership! I wasn't aware of any other approval with the terms I had requested to of course my emotions and stress skyrocketed. I almost died and now I am having to deal with this. The sales person called me a few days later and ask me to please call Daphne back and that everything was fixed. The file was not rejected any longer. I called Daphne on January 5th at 4:07 pm. She took it upon herself to remind me of our conversation the day before, again her demeanor was very unprofessional. She stated that she was the one that approved my loan and that I still needed to speak to another department and that she was transferring me to a girl named Angie.

Angie did not answer so I left a detailed message with my phone number to call me back. I never got a call. I followed up again a few days later and again never got a call back. I waited about a week and contacted Daphne's office again leaving a message in what sounded like the general mailbox and Daphne never called me back. I contacted my salesperson at the dealership via text and he said that the file was no longer rejected and everything was fine. I have a temporary tag on the car which was very near expiration as well as my first payment becoming due in two weeks so I called Regional Acceptance customer service only to find out I was not in their system. They transferred me to the Tampa office where Daphne works but she would not get on the phone. She told the person who answered (I believe it was Monica again) that I should speak to the branch manager.

Ken ** gets on the phone and he states that I was nasty to them so they sent my file back. All this time I think everything is fine after I spoke to Daphne on January 5th, yet nothing was fine. I was lied to. I tried explaining to Mr. ** that I spoke to Daphne a second time and that I was under the impression everything was fine, and with the same offensive demeanor, he said I could find another lender. I sent a text to my salesperson who happened to be off work and said he didn't know now and that he would check when he returned to work. I feel like this lender took an escalated conversation from the beginning and used that to taunt me and they did it proudly.

I am in mortgage lending and if a loan originator or manager treated a borrower the way I was treated, their lending license would be up for disciplinary action through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. These people at Regional Acceptance Corp not only conducted themselves in a very ill way, Daphne made reference to them not wanting to deal with people who were not going to pay their bills. She and her manager took pride in what they did. I don't know who regulates them but I will find out. I never received proper disclosure of a reject, loan turn down, nothing. Daphne ** treated me like the scum of the earth and based on her words to me, she was proud of it.

After investigating who I was dealing with I find that she was recently arrested for a felony in November as well as doesn't pay her bills as evidenced by a recent lawsuit from her lien holder on her vehicle's repossession. I don't know why and how a company would employ a felon and her charge is evidence of the type of person that probably should not have access to the public's personal information. I am contacting the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to see if they regulate the auto lending industry. I am writing this complaint because of the emotional stress this has caused me as well as my concern for my private information now being in the hands of these people. I am also contacting BB&T Bank whom Regional Acceptance is a subsidiary of and will be making another formal complaint with them.

Updated on 02/08/2018: If you read my review I wrote previously then this will be the icing on the cake. The dealership was provided with my updated insurance showing a 500 dollar deductible which was sent to Daphne as per the dealership sales/management. They had the nerve to misrepresent themselves on my "adverse action" letter I receive in the mail dated January 23, 2018. It stated that the reason for my credit denial/termination of change was that they had not received the requested information (my insurance). This was after Daphne stated they had made the exception upon approving my loan to allow a 1000 dollar deductible. So why is it that Daphne and her superstar branch manager Ken feel it acceptable to lie on a formal document?

These people have unethical business practices. Stay clear of these people and make sure the dealership you visit for a car purchase knows to NOT submit your loan to these people. I wanted a zero money down loan and I got it from an actual bank (my score was 650 at the time of application). You do not have to deal with the scum of the earth to get a high loan to value loan on your car. I am in the process of communicating with the State Attorney's office here in Florida as well as the CFPB. I know karma will prevail and I'm happy to help it along.

Regional Acceptance Company Information