1.4/5 (186 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Regional Acceptance

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Regional Acceptance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Acceptance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Acceptance?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

The app. is not updated, call for support and is not customer service available and when finally one answer has no knowledge or speak the language.... Lol. Should be out of business if can't manage one....

Original review: June 18, 2021

DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING with this company. They will call you but when you answer no one is there. Disconnected every phone call, very difficult to speak to someone. Customer Service is horrible. They will chastise you and speak to you like you are trash, but freeze the account so you can’t pay online and then the difficulty to speak to someone to PAY YOUR BILL? And $10/day when you don't speak to someone and get the account settled. I wish I would have read reviews before dealing with them, they can’t even have phone lines that work or respectable staff or easy ability to pay?

Original review: March 19, 2021

I got this loan initially from RAC for a 2019 Dodge Journey. The loan is SO BAD that the number never changes. You make a payment and the amount I am paying {$642}, I should be driving a LEXUS at the very least. What makes it WORSE is that when you try to trade it in, you are TRIPLE UPSIDE DOWN which makes you HATE the car you drive. Even it fell off a cliff, you would owe for 2 of them! I wish LEE IACOCCA himself would take this albatross off my neck. Shame on you, RAC!!

Original review: March 5, 2021

I had called in to see why my account was entirely closed. I asked her if I could keep my account open, as it was affecting my credit. She told me there was no way for me to keep the account open, was very rude in her tone. When I replied "okay" she hung up on me. I have called this company more times in my 6 months with them that any other company in my life. The random charges, or miscommunication is ridiculous from here. I will never go through this company again. Nor will I ever recommend to anyone. They are not running any sort of professional business. Save your money folks, it's not worth the headache they give here.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Notified Regional when I was quarantined for covid. Was given an extension to help me out. Had account on Auto draft. Was told no payment until March 19th. They went ahead and took February payment out anyway. Have call for a week now and have sent necessary paperwork to prove it. They're refusing to refund monies owed to me. Very bad business. Always telling me that it is what it is.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I purchased a car with first payment on Sept 2014. The contract was for 72 payments (contract end Aug 2020) which was completed with additional 4 months for deferred payments during the loan period ending Dec 2020. Regional Acceptance Corp is charging $3,122.98 for the Feb 2021 payment, identified as a "end of the contract" amount. This amount is in excess of the contract amount and beyond the contract period. I requested an explanation through their online "help" with no answer to date. I've written their corporate executives with hopes of a reconciliation of account to "paid in full."

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

This place has zero communication skills. I work in customer service and these people need some sensitivity training. And if your spouse dies...good luck paying off your vehicle. They want me to keep it in his name and pay it off. Sounds like that is illegal. So finally, now they want a death certificate, obituary, will, executer of estate statement among other documents just to prove his death. I have most of the documents. But some, I do not even know what they are. This place is a horrible joke. By the way..when someone calls to report the death of a loved one the appropriate response is not..ok..how will you be paying today. Pull your heads out of your behinds. Do better..as human beings.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I have a loan with this Co. paying high-interest rate, I was late couple months August and now September, and I was charged 20.00 for each month late. I email the Co. but I received an email back to call because they can't discuss this on the email, and if I call, they say, "Sorry, I can't help you at this moment." This REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE CORPORATION is based in Orlando, Florida. I'm really frustrated with this Co. Really a shame on this situation. We are living that some Co. don't try to help the customers. 20.00! for few days late! 40.00 in two months. IF I CAN GIVE 0.01 STAR THAT IS MY RATING FOR THEM.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

This has been the most stressful experience of my life. They are unprofessional, rude and all about how much they can profit off of you. I understand contracts but to still try to profit off of me in the middle of a pandemic is insane, they’ve made over the cost of the vehicle. The deal was shady and it was my first and last experience. I will Fred Flintstone it around before I ever go into a deal like this again. I have enough to stress about. If I was better educated on how this works instead of being blackballed by a dealership salesmen and lied to I would of ran. This company has given me permanent anxiety. I have panic attacks because of them.

Original review: May 5, 2020

High interest rate(s). DO NOT have them finance your car, especially now. With the pandemic going on, people being out of work and no income, they will report you if you miss one payment. I called them twice in March to let them know what was going on with my job and how everyone in my office was being furloughed. They continued to call multiple times a day and email me. They weren't there to help out in anyway possible. Now I have a late payment on my credit because of their lack of concern for their clients.

Original review: March 20, 2020

They are based in Texas. They could give a damn that California is shutting down everything because of COVID-19. Zero help was offered during this time. They WILL charge you interest no matter what. Don’t even try to reason with them. Jerome ** will do nothing but explain to you in different ways why they WILL NOT help you. They take sarcasm to a whole new level. They will giggle and make fun of you because you are trying to make them understand that you cannot make the payment. They will try to speak to you in an educated manner but sadly their lack of education is compensated with their attitude.

Original review: March 20, 2020

If you have a loan with them, it's because your credit is bad. As long as you never have to call in with a problem, you should be fine. They are willing to offer payment deferments for a couple months if you can guarantee you'll be able to keep making payments. Their account overview DOES NOT reflect all charges on an account. They use a third party service to hold your title and will make you pay that company to transfer it to another state or threaten to make you wait 90 days for it, but will send it for free and quickly if your car gets impounded, which is wrong on so many levels. Not the worst company but FAR from the best.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Alright, so I bought a vehicle through Hendrick CDJRF a little over two years ago. My credit sucked (thanks to my parents using my credit as a kid and completely tanking it), so my credit union immediately said "lol nope" and sent me on my way. The dealer went to Regional Acceptance and came back with some numbers and despite the absolutely absurd interest rate (nearly 20%) I went with it. I *needed* a vehicle.

Had to do a phone interview a couple days after I got the car, really awkward/weird but I just went with it. That was the last I heard from RAC for the duration of my loan. I did everything online, paid every payment wayyy early, was never even close to late a single time and they seemed to be totally okay with that. They never gave me any problems.

So fast forward to a couple months ago; the interest rate is still absurd and I'm sick of paying $500+ for a car payment. I went back to my bank, again, and explained the situation. They took a look and finally allowed me to refinance through them @ only 4.5% and with a much lower payment. And Then I remembered... I had *just* made another $500+ car payment a couple days prior without thinking anything of it. Had a nice little wave of anxiety hit me when I realized I was now out $500+ because I was stupid but I digress. A few days after I finished the paperwork with my bank, I checked my account at RAC again and noted the status was now showing as "paid out". So they had gotten the money and I was out from under them! YAY!

At this point, I forgot all about RAC and went about my life. Until a couple weeks later when I checked the mail and saw I had something from RAC. Wasn't sure what it could be but, to my surprise, it was a check for the full amount of my last payment. I have no idea how that stuff works, I don't know if they could've just kept the money and been legally good to go or what. But the fact they sent me a check absolutely blew my mind and made my life much much less stressful. I really respect that. So yeah. I had no problems with RAC and that definitely surprised me, 'cause believe me I've seen the horror stories. But they did me right and I have to say, despite feeling like I was getting screwed on the interest rate (and I was), they really don't seem that bad.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Two years ago this sad excuse of a company financed a 2013 Camry for me. Wish I knew then what I know now. This place is terrible!! Customer service is RUDE, they call you 20 times a day 7 days a week. I finally decided last month to refinance my car through a local credit union and today I Regional has started harassing me again with the calls! I will be contacting a lawyer. My account was paid in full over a month ago.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I brought a Kia and of course the only way to get in bed with these people is if your credit is garbage. The first 5 years I did perfectly with my payment. I lost my job after a supervisor harassed me...etc. Long story short they did try and help me and pushed some payments behind. When I got on my feet I wasn't making the same amount. I was actually making less than my payment amount bi weekly. I explained this to them and explained I would have to split the payments. I got behind one payment and had a hard time catching up. When I called to make the minimum payment I was 80 short. I told them that I just wanted to make sure I put something on the account. I'll call as soon as the extra payment that was taken out my account was put back on as this was actually true.

They had four absolutely monstrous people come on the phone to patronize me and continuously repeat the same statement of you need the 80 which I didn't have. Almost an hour of them being condescending and blatantly rude. If you don't have them, I am BEGGING YOU TO FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE. They get a kick of mentally knocking someone down. Please Save yourself the pain and abuse. PLEASE!!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I have split my payments in two, before and on the due date. This has been a huge mistake. Each customer service representative has given me different and insulting answers as to why the amount due was much more than it should be. Finally, after speaking with four representatives, the amount due suddenly represented the correct amount with no apology and after tears. This has happened for the last three months. I can't wait until I no longer have to deal with this company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I am reading the bad reviews and I have had nothing but a great experience. We bought a 2015 Ram, in May of 2018 and RAC was the finance company. We totaled the truck Sept 7 of this year. Our insurance company paid off the truck in full and we received monies back from GEICO and RAC. We still owed 25,149 on the truck and it was valued at 27, 100. Not even sure why we received a check from RAC. I called them several times during the process and they were very friendly and knowledge. I really hate that everyone has had such a bad experience with this company, but I would use them again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I bought my car in 2012 and did fall behind with payments. When I got the car it was 18000 now 7 yrs later I still owe 11000. If you're more than 10 days late the charge $10 per day. The day I sign this loan was the worst day of my life. Now I'm honestly thinking about turning this car in. My payment are $467 a month and it hard for me to just dish out extra money. If anyone know a lawyer that will help to fight the scam they have going on please let me know.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I’m glad that I was given the opportunity to rebuild my auto credit through regional acceptance. However I paid off the vehicle and in return got screwed over with my title and refund for overpayment. I have yet to receive what I’m entitled and is rightfully due. Hopefully they will take a look at the communication glitches that causes these types of things to happen and make the corrections necessary to minimize the unsatisfactory reviews and experiences that a majority seem to report. I’m praying that I will receive my actual title and refund in the near future.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

They ask for too many information and have a high interest rate, bad customer service, loan officer Karina in Fontana number ** she sucks. Is not a real bank. Fake. They ran my credit for a waste of time. I don't recommend this money machine.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I purchased a car on Aug 28, 2019. And Regional was to finance it. I went through the steps of doing everything that was need. As soon as I left with the car I have been getting calls every day saying "we need more paperwork on you and proof you don't have a mortgage on your home and we need you w-2 and 12 months of check". I asked "how can you let me pay down on a car and call me every day for the next two weeks". I took the car back and was told I was a liar and wouldn't get my down payment back. These people is full of it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I cosigned for a car loan with my daughter, first mistake, the second mistake was being talked into going through Regional Finance Company. My daughter ended up totaling the car out after not owning it for a year. She current on her payments and I notified them that she had been in an accident and that they were totaling out the car and that we were just waiting on all the necessary things from our insurance company and Gap. Her bill wasn't due for another 21 days. Within a week they received a check from my insurance company for $8500.00. When her normal bill came due we didn't pay because they had just received a huge amount from one insurance and we were just waiting on the other half.

They started blowing up my phone three to five times a day demanding payment. I explained again that we were just in an accident, had to buy a new car and pay out of pocket for a rental for three weeks. Most finance companies offer some sort of reprieve when things like this happen. They could offered 30 to 60 days to handle everything and put payments on hold while they were waiting to receive their money, they could have put the money they had already received towards her next two or three payments while we were waiting on Gap insurance to come through. Not this company, they don't care how much of they have received or the situation. One customer service told me, "Honey, it's not my fault if you can't pay your bills."

She's lucky she wasn't in front of me at that time, I wanted to jump through the phone and show her exactly why my name isn't Honey. I have requested five times to have a manager contact me and never once have I gotten a call from Management. I always get calls from their customer service and have to go through the same thing every time. One person has notes and then the next person doesn't see the notes on our account. At the end of the day, they told me that it doesn't matter that my insurance has paid them, it only counts toward my principal not my payment and that while things are being worked out with Gap, they will continue to bill me and assess fees and what ever I don't pay while waiting on Gap won't be covered by Gap because it is considered a missing payment, so regardless of the fact that this vehicle is going to be completely paid off in a matter of weeks, they still refuse to work with me.

They are rude, inefficient, incompetent, lack empathy and will hire any one to work in their customer service department. During all of these interactions not one of them even bothered to ask if my daughter was OK. They have reported to my credit that I was late on a payment and I think at this point I will be looking into an attorney, because something just isn't right with that company. Take my advice. Run before you sign with these people.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I co-signed for my daughter for a car back in 2010. After paying payments for 5 yrs, she still owed the same amount she financed. Due to heath reasons, she ending up having to file bankruptcy. The car was paid off in the process (she actually paid, not dismissed). After it was all said and done, they put the car on my credit! How can you get paid for the same car 3 times! Total rip off. Someone really needs to look into this company for fraud!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

First off, I notice a low-star rating. Regional Acceptance is always professional, always willing to work with customers, IF you call them. I have been 3 payments behind before I luckily became self-employed. Yes my interest rate is kinda high. My credit score is mush. That’s how it works. My vehicle never got repoed. They never made me feel like it was my fault I couldn’t pay. I see a lot of blame put on Regional. Why? Because you couldn’t or can’t handle your own financial matters like an adult? Regional isn’t giving away free cars, they’re not Oprah. I’m about to call them now and work out a payment arrangement because I’m behind a payment because 1 of my clients is running 4 days behind paying me.

Like Regional, I trust my client because he always pays up. So you 1-star reviewers need to look at the real issue: yourselves. Or next time, take your pay stub from your $9 an hour part-time job, and your credit score of 15 (yes.15) and waltz into an auto dealership. Tell them you expect a 1% interest rate, $0 down, and a brand-new vehicle, and no phone calls or repercussions when you don’t pay on time, and see how that works out for you. The ONLY time I got multiple phone calls was when I initially didn’t want to explain why I was behind. They made it stress-free when I finally spoke with a rep.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I don't care, bad credit. I have had my car for 4 months....just got an appraisal for 13000. Owe 23000. It's a piece of crap and wont last 6 years, have no intention of making another payment. Ding on my credit, but I wont get ripped off 10,000. And it's not just them...the dealers are to blame too. We need someone to take a look at their practices and quit forcing cars on people. I will surrender the car. But will not make another payment. RIPOFF!

Original review: June 28, 2019

I had horrible credit and they approved me when no one else would. Of course my interest rate is high. Of course my car will never be worth what I paid due to high interest rates for people with horrible credit. Yes my monthly payments are higher if I had decent credit. But I have a car I can take my kids to school and get great gas mileage. I have a car and I am thankful someone approved me. There were many many times I couldn't pay and asked for a default and they were always so nice and considerate. Granted you only get a few a year and it does add on to your final payoff date. If you don't like the phone calls send a letter or call them. It will stop them. I live in California so I am not sure if you get different phone numbers or agents when you call but all of my conversations have been more than pleasant.

Original review: June 18, 2019

If you are reading this, please avoid this. The dealership we purchased our truck through used this company. After my first payment I received the next bill for the next month. I called the representative line [866-380-9730] and talked to someone. Dealing with previous loans before, this is not the same. They charge $12.62/day based on the original amount of the loan. And this never goes down. Unlike other loans that will base your interest rate off the principal you owe after making a payment. So, I will always pay $4,600 a year for the loan. As opposed to $2,500 a year when I reach $20,000 on my loan and so forth. And also, the payoff amount if I refinanced somewhere else is higher than what I actually owe after making my payments. This company is a the worst I have ever seen.

Original review: June 6, 2019

They took my car without saying anything. My meds were still in the car. I called and ask if they had the car and won't give me any answer about the car and my meds. One of the worst people I ever dealt with.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I got my car repossessed by them when it was NO reason to!!! I called and they said they drop the ball... and are tying to get my car back!! How can you drop the ball on something like that? Seems like incompetence people work in the customer service there, I've called 9 times and still they say they are trying to work on getting my car back!!!! This is a joke of a so called company. Please don't bother with them, FIND ANOTHER COMPANY...

Original review: May 7, 2019

Calls multiple times a day... My owed is higher. I hate this company. This company is a ripoff. I was with Capital One and decided stupidly to go to this company for a lower rate... Now I owe the exact same amount after 2 ** years.

Regional Acceptance Company Information