It's that easy Request Information
4.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Red Rock Secured is a privately held company based in Southern California. Their mission is to protect their clients' retirement through education, premium and secure products, and providing excellent customer service. They are a company built on values and integrity. Red Rock Secured has been helping investors diversify their portfolios for over 10 years. In the wake of the 2008 recession, Red Rock Secured was developed to reimagine secure retirement options for their family, friends, and clients.

42 Red Rock Secured Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 19, 2019

I heard about Red Rock Secured from my financial advisor, who has referred many clients to the company over the past 10+ years. After several conversations, I felt very comfortable to move forward with an investment. It’s clear to me why my financial advisor recommended Red Rock. It is a great company that really focuses on placing the client’s needs and interests before anything else.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Red Rock helped me in setting up a gold and silver retirement account. The process was very easy. I’m thankful that Red Rock is a full-service company, providing help with every part of setting up an account and getting the account funded. It’s clear this company is top notch.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I searched for a while to find a company that I felt comfortable with making this type of investment. Since I tend to procrastinate in making decisions like this, I appreciate how patient and accommodating Red Rock was in following up with me to see if I needed any additional information. Their follow ups were respectful, and not once did I feel pressured to make a decision faster than I was comfortable making. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that not all my retirement is in the stock market.

Original review: March 12, 2019

So grateful to have found Red Rock Secured. Red Rock helped me in converting one of my IRAs into a gold and silver retirement account. The company is excellent. The company's assistance is commendable. I am very much satisfied with service of the company.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Red Rock Secured provided my wife and me exceptional service from start to finish. Everything was handled with the utmost professionalism. As a retired surgeon, I have a strong tendency to focus on details. I was pleasantly surprised that Red Rock Secured uses the same attention to detail as I do in ensuring that every aspect of the retirement account process is handled efficiently and seamlessly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Rock Secured?

Original review: March 5, 2019

There are simply not enough words to describe how satisfied I am with the service I received at Red Rock Secured. I was thinking about doing something like this for quite a while. I’ve seen too many dips in the economy over the years. Every single time, my money would be affected and I would feel powerless to do anything about it. After a while I started to avoid acknowledging what’s been going on. I’ve literally spent years trying my best to ignore my regular statements from my IRA because I was just too scared to know for sure how much my money was probably gone. After the stock market took a huge dive at the end of the year, I had enough. I know I wouldn’t have time to make up the money I lost because I won’t be working forever and just don’t want to take that chance. So with that in mind, I just opened that envelope and knew it was time to act.

I researched a lot but I didn’t understand much of what I was reading. I’m not a financial expert and only have a casual knowledge about most of these things, so I knew I had to get help and explore some options. From my initial contact with them, I was very impressed. Shortly after requesting some information on my options to protect my retirement account, I received a call from them. I spoke with Vincent who thoroughly explained everything to me. I worked very hard for decades on countless construction sites working my way up the ladder and just didn’t feel comfortable rushing into anything with my life savings. Vincent did his best to address every single concern and answer every single question that I had. Other companies that I spoke with lacked this personal touch.

Not even a few minutes after picking up the phone with other companies, they would be pressuring me to sign away everything and completely trust whoever was on the other end of the phone. I just didn’t like that approach at all. It felt impersonal and forced. I wanted to know what I was getting myself into before agreeing to anything. They didn’t even think it was necessary that I talk to my wife before making a decision. Vincent sympathized with this and made sure I was comfortable. He gave me his direct contact information and promptly sent me the Red Rock brochures.

After reviewing them, with my wife of course, I had even more questions. I spoke with Vincent a few days later and once again I asked him a million more questions. He kindly and patiently answered all of them and made sure I completely understood why having gold in my IRA was a good idea. When I decided that I should do business with Red Rock, Vincent transferred me to a young man named Jeff. Jeff helped me with the online forms, which was no easy task since I’m not exactly the best with a computer. With his help, it was fairly easy and we were done. Jeff also made sure to help me with all the overwhelming parts of the process. He walked me through other paperwork. He talked to the previous custodian of my account and made sure my funds were transferred to my new IRA in a timely fashion. That made things so much easier.

Without his help, I wouldn’t know what questions to ask. I’m pretty sure that I would get the runaround and they would make things so much harder than it needed to be. Jeff did have to do a bit of fighting on my behalf to get my funds released, but he was able to get it done. When it was time to do the trade, Vincent was once again very patient and generous with his time. We talked about my investment goals and went into even more detail than our previous conversations. He clearly listened to and remembered my concerns from those prior talks and did not offer me some cookie cutter portfolio. He constructed a customized list for me and thoroughly explained how those particular coins that he selected would benefit me. After assuring him that I understood what he was saying to me and deciding to accept his recommendations, we locked in the trade.

Vincent and Jeff had definitely earned my trust, but in the back of my mind I thought that maybe the high level of service would drop off a little after this. I’m happy to say that I was completely wrong. Almost immediately after getting off of the phone, I received several emails confirming my trade. Shortly afterward, I began receiving notifications about the delivery of my metals. Jeff even called me to make sure I was getting all of the emails and let me know that he and Vincent were available if I had any more questions. He reminded me about their price protection plan that will let me get more gold and silver as the market changes without me losing anything.

So I can’t thank Vincent, Jeff, and Red Rock Secured enough for all they have done for me. I plan on living comfortably as a retiree and am thankful that they have helped me enjoy that peace of mind. I had a great experience with them and encourage anyone who wants to invest in gold to reach out to them. They’re helpful, polite, and professional. Thank you again Vincent and Jeff.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Tony was great to deal with. They provided me with all the information I needed to make an informed and calculated decision. Thank you for educating me on the industry and investment opportunities associated with gold and silver.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I enjoyed working with Red Rock Secured. The group that helped develop my account was professional and transparent. It was important for my wife to be involved with the process. Barry took the time to mail us an educational brochure, and he would often stay in communication via email. If you want to better understand if a Gold IRA is for you, Call Red Rock and ask for Barry **.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Great company and Jeff was amazing to deal with. I did a ton of online research about investing in gold and silver versus the stock market and I talked to numerous companies but Red Rock and Jeff walked me through the pros and cons and answered all of my questions in a way that made me feel like they weren’t trying to “sell’ me on choosing them as opposed to the other companies I spoke to. The other companies basically had the “boiler room" feel to them that made me uncomfortable. Red Rock is the best investment decision I’ve made and I couldn’t be more impressed with them.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I had been considering making gold and silver a part of my investment strategy for years, but hadn’t felt comfortable with the companies I had talked to. I am glad that I found Tony with Red Rock. He took the time to make me feel comfortable which was no small accomplishment. I am excited about the strategy we put together to meet the needs of my family. Thanks for everything!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I called into Red Rock about a month and a half ago to see about putting precious metals in my IRA account. After a quick talk I was able to speak to a gentleman in the retirement department. He was very helpful and sounded like he knew what he was talking about and how everything worked. It sounded like there were a lot of moving parts which gave me a lot to think about so I asked to get the info guide. I never felt any pressure to buy or like I was another with all my questions (being new I had a lot). When I called in recently my rep was busy but he called me back very quickly. Since I've been thinking about this my rep told me that gold and silver have been going up and sent me some news articles. At this point I have decided to do this and these are the guys I am going to use. Thank you for all your help and patience.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I did a precious metal IRA with Red Rock Secured but I don't 100% feel happy or feel secure in my decision of going with them because I have to deal with STRATA and they've been really problematic. When I did my taxes, I called and talked to Jeff at Red Rock and Jeff has always been very nice, but at the end of the day, I don't deal with Red Rock, I have to deal with STRATA. And when I talk to people at STRATA, they're very rude and unhelpful. I called and talked to Jeff about the 1099 that I received and he indicated to me that STRATA would be able to help me from the tax perspective. Keep in mind that before I converted my IRA through Red Rock, I was with Fidelity and they provided me with all the tax information, and I always knew what the status of my account was.

When I called STRATA, I said I received a 1099 from Fidelity saying that I had a disbursement of my IRA because it went from Fidelity to STRATA. I said, “If I fill my taxes up correctly, I would have to pay tax because it shows that it was disbursed.” And the STRATA rep said, "We we submit a form to the IRS in May." My taxes are due in April and I asked her, "What good is it if you don't submit this information to IRS until May?" She said, "Well, this just gives you more time to add to your account, but you can't claim it until May. You can only do it till April." I felt frustrated with her when she told me that because I'm gonna have to lie on my taxes.

My interaction with Jeff was very positive. He's very pleasant to talk to but the whole business model of selling, that whole precious metals IRA, once they do that, they're not involved anymore. If I'm establishing a relationship with Red Rock, my expectation is my relationship for everything will continue with them, but that's not the case. I can't go through Jeff at Red Rock because all he does is sell. So, I have to deal with STRATA directly and I'm not real happy with them, which makes me not happy with Red Rock. I would not recommend them. I feel like I've been duped, but that's okay. I have to see other strategies to move my stuff out of STRATA and go somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I was looking to buy some precious metals, and Red Rock Secured seemed like they knew what they were doing. They also had the right product that's under an IRA, which I didn't know you could split up, so that was perfect. I was very comfortable interacting with the reps because they were offering the product that I was looking for. They also answered all my questions. They didn't have to talk me into anything. They discussed the kind of metal to buy and in what form. And it confirmed what I thought I wanted to do anyway, and that was coins. They gave me some insights into the metals market versus the stocks and bonds market, which helped me make a decision. The best thing was I got some timely and useful input from them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I've invested precious metals with Red Rock Secured. Their representatives were great. It was very comfortable working with them. There were three different guys I was interacting with there and they were all very informative and very easy to work with. They explained everything and how it works. I am impressed with their industry knowledge. They answered every question without hesitation and that gave me a great deal of confidence in them. It worked out well and I'm pretty happy about it. Working with Red Rock definitely made a difference in my life. It made me rethink investing, because that's something I really haven't done a lot of. If any of my friends or family ever come to me and ask about it, I would recommend them immediately.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My wife inherited some money, and she inherited an IRA. We had this idea that it could be good to put the stuff into gold and silver. I contacted two places, including Red Rock, and I liked what Red Rock had to say. We did this in December of 2017 with Red Rock. They helped us set up an LLC so that we could have physical possession and a trust. We bought some gold coins from Red Rock, and they set the program up through Kingdom Trust. We could have hired them to manage an IRA rather than the Edward Jones who was the manager of the IRA when it was inherited. But we already had a good idea that we wanted to do a gold/silver situation, instead of regular annuities.

Now, there's been some correspondence with Kingdom Trust, and I am not sure that I'm satisfied with what they said because we were told that their distributions and account are evaluated according to the spot prices of the gold and silver. And in December, it’s time to take a required minimum distribution. The way they calculated it, they divided the value of the account. We made a distribution on the 28th, and it was the last day of the year. They told us that they had sent us some emails regarding this subject a couple weeks previous, and I managed to track it down. The file was corrupted, so I couldn't get an answer as clear as I would have hoped for because there is a penalty if they don't withdraw enough. If we had started things a week earlier, we would have clarified all the questions before the end of the year.

When I got a correct number, that wasn't exactly the way we did it so I made a modification at quarter to 9 that night on a piece of paper and scanned it off to them. The second part was never acted on, and I don't know yet whether we are phased because I haven’t filed my taxes yet and the IRS hasn’t looked at it yet. I talked to another counselor, and he said that my calculations were correct. He implied that Kingdom made an error in the way they conveyed the information to me so I am not certain. But we got a formal document. Other than that, we would get an answer when I or my wife sent a question out. Although it took a while to get through some regulations, that wasn't Red Rock's fault. I handle a lot of the money questions, but the IRA belongs to my wife so we had to get me cleared to ask questions.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I invested in precious metals and the Red Rock reps seemed to handle everything. They were very good. The product is in an IRA holdings now for my retirement.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My investor trusts Red Rock Secured and thus I automatically did so as well. I went with them and their reps informed me of the scope of what they offer. Their reps were very patient. I was waiting for other transactions to take place before my funds were available and it was a four or five month period between when I first contacted them and when I made my first purchase. So, we came to an agreement wherein they would call me once every three weeks and we would have a short chat about the market.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I was trying to get my little assets that I have into something that would be beneficial to me instead of the people who were holding them. Red Rock Secured called and interviewed me. They provided the precious metals investments option and they have the assurance that I wouldn't lose anything. Their reps were quite informative when I called them. Also, it's pretty easy to get in touch with them, and if I don't get in touch, they usually call back. Overall, my experience has been decent, so I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Top notch company. I searched high and low for awhile before finding Red Rock. The team I worked with was very helpful and straightforward, answering all questions I could think of - even giving me a few things to consider that I hadn't thought about before. Thanks for all the great help.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Red Rock, Jeff and Tony and Vince specifically, were great every step of the way. I was nervous about making this investment, but they were very patient and moved at my pace. I also appreciate how straightforward they were with me. I never felt any pressure to do anything and they made sure I was comfortable along the way. Thanks guys for helping me feel more secure about the future. Thanks also for your patience with me!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I worked with Jeff and Scott from Red Rock. We were dealing with my retirement funds so it was a big deal, and they were just extremely helpful, very professional, very personable, and very patient in explaining everything. They had talked me through information on other options, what I could do to move the money out without being penalized, and then walked me through the process with the paperwork. I was really nervous about doing this. I've never done this before. So Jeff got on the phone with me with the savings plan representative, when the money was gonna be transferred out into a self-directed IRA. They answered my questions and understood my anxiety in going through this process. They were with me all throughout. For someone like me that was not schooled in their areas of expertise, it was extremely helpful. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I was gonna move some of my money into precious metals, and when I did some research, Red Rock's name popped up. When I got in touch with them, they were very helpful and I trusted them. I was somewhat new to investment and I had a lot of questions, and there are still a few issues I have. But when I asked questions, they were always very helpful in getting back with me and helping. Occasionally, it would take a little bit to get in touch with them but when I did, they got back within a pretty reasonable time.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I worked with Brett, Brent and Alex, and I liked their personalities. They're Christians, and they explained everything and were very thorough. They were constantly in contact with me too. If I called, they called me back. With any question I had, they thoroughly explained it. They probably spent more time on the phone with me than they had hours. If you want to go with someone who's dedicated to helping you and making sure you are 100% satisfied in what you would get, and someone who's going to make you feel like part of their family, Red Rock Secured is where you go.

Resolution response: March 11, 2019

I would like to make a correction to my previous review of Red Rock Secured. I thought I had lost money very quickly, but my new adviser called and explained that due to some technology that hadn't been explained to me, I actually made money. I am pleased with my new adviser and with Red Rock Secured.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Red Rock Secured invested in precious metals, but I am disappointed because they put everything into silver. I thought they might make some in gold and some in silver. Then, the end of the year report of the place that’s taking care of the silver showed that I have lost half of my money and there was no explanation of how it happened.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have some money in IRA with Fidelity and it was going down. Bret, the person from Red Rock Secured who I talked to, said that moving the money into precious metals could put a stop to that. And so, that’s how we got started talking. They explained to me how my money's gonna be invested. They were saying that they would take the money out of Fidelity and a better choice would be to put it into gold and silver. Red Rock Secured ended up putting the money that I transferred to them into silver. However, it's a whole different thing. My money was not invested. It's just like if you have a safety deposit box at the bank. Your money's put in there and there it sits.

But other than that, the people at Red Rock Secured seemed wonderful. They also seemed very knowledgeable and professional. Also, even though they were doing sales, it wasn't high pressure. They were encouraging me to make a move right away, but when I said that I wanna think about it, they were fine with that. I would recommend Red Rock Secured.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I spoke with Red Rock Secured's reps and determined that they would manage my IRA. After the conversation, they said that should I invest with them, they would give me $400 in silver. As a result, I transferred $20,000 to them. Also, I had some money in the stock market, and I wanted to close that out and transfer the money to Red Rock. I worked with Jeff and he helped me do that.

One unusual thing that they did is that they gave me 391 and a half ounce silver pieces. It’s $16 an ounce which is worth almost $20,000. That's pretty heavy. I can’t put that in my wallet and purse to go shopping. I’m pleased at this point but I’m really kinda confused to what’s happening with my $20,000 investment. Even so, the local out in St. Pete, Jeff and the manager of Red Rock were really helpful.

Working with them was a very satisfying experience all the way around.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was working on my job and Red Rock Secured was one of the stocks that was offered from my 401k but gold wasn't one of them. I got in contact with the side brokers and asked them why I couldn't have gold as one of the stocks on my 401k with my job and they didn't know. So, they checked into it and got back to me about six months later and said that they were gonna put it in with all of my other stocks. Red Rock Secured is in Canada and the people that own my company are Canadians too. When I checked into it, Red Rock Secured seemed like a good, reputable gold company. When I talked to their rep, he said everything that I wanted to hear. I didn’t end up doing it because I did something else but there was nothing wrong with what he said. I'm still planning on doing it and I would recommend Red Rock Secured to other people.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Red Rock Secured came highly recommended to me by my financial advisor, who understands the importance of diversification, particularly during turbulent times. The assistance I received was world class and exceeded my expectations. What I appreciated most is that I felt truly supported through the process, with all of my questions being answered promptly and clearly. I wholeheartedly recommend Red Rock Secured, and have already done so with both colleagues and family members. I am looking forward to a long-standing relationship with Red Rock Secured.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I reached out to Red Rock nearly 3 weeks ago requesting information for how to invest in gold in my both my and wife's old employee retirement account. I was told they specialize in home delivery options and Mr. ** said that I would receive information in the mail. It has been 3 weeks and I have not received anything. The service was friendly enough on the call, but the follow through let me down. Our accounts are nowhere near high dollar but we wanted to see about moving them to an option that made more sense. I have since reached out to a competitor and had a better experience. They pointed me to this article. **. I would rate my experience with the firm 3/5. Again nice guys but bad follow through.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Sean was a fantastic guide in ways to protect my future by setting up a precious metal IRA. Helped me figure a way to protect my assets from future fluctuations. I couldn't believe how easy it was and how their guidance made it very simple.

Red Rock Secured expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Red Rock Secured is a brokerage firm specializing in precious metals. The company is headquartered in Marina Del Rey, California and was founded in 2009.

• Home delivery: Red Rock offers home delivery so you can keep your precious metal investments in your own safe or safety deposit box.

• Options: Red Rock investors have a number of choices when selecting precious metals from Red Rock Secured. Options include silver, gold, platinum and palladium.

• Electronic forms: Many of the forms needed to set up your self-directed IRA with gold or silver holdings from Red Rock Secured can be completed online.

• Resources: You can learn about self-directed and home delivery IRAs on Red Rock Secured’s website. Resources include an opinion letter from an attorney about the legal issues associated with these types of accounts.

• Free insured shipping: Investors who want a home delivery IRA receive free insured shipping from Red Rock Secured.

• Best for: Great option for savers, skeptics, retirees and seasoned investors.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg
Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor

Red Rock Secured questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
Red Rock Secured is actively engaged in offering our clients a secure retirement through portfolio diversity; specifically by offering access to physical precious metals like gold, silver, and palladium.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Many gold companies are scam artists with hidden fees and bad reputations. Red Rock Secured is a privately held company based in Southern California and built as a response to the 2008 financial meltdown. Our goal is to provide clients with the most secure ways to protect their retirement. Red Rock Secured places an enormous amount of value on our integrity and values as caretakers of our clients’ retirement education and diversification.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Red Rock Secured provides education and clarity about utilizing precious metals for a secure retirement. This enables and empowers our clients to control their retirement in new ways. We help clients open or rollover existing retirement products, such as 401k, IRA, or TSP, with ease. Additionally, we have made a commitment to serving and facilitating the retirement goals of those who serve our country, including military members and federal employees.
How does your company measure success?
Success at Red Rock Secured is educating our clients and helping them achieve their specific retirement goals—whether it is with Red Rock Secured or someone else. Our mission is to protect our clients’ retirement through safe and secure investment diversification. Every action we take helps fulfill our mission.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
Unfortunately, many gold IRA companies are interested only in their bottom line, sales quotas, hidden fees and often engage in predatory marketing and communication or simply put . . . they are scam artists. Red Rock Secured believes there is a right time and place to invest in physical precious metals. Our aim is to educate our clients so they can make informed decisions about how they might diversify.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
Red Rock Secured use of both technology and knowledge of precious metals help us facilitate secure retirement choices with increasing ease, simplicity and transparency. Just like the rest of the world, our industry pace has quickened, but unlike our competitors and other financial products, Red Rock Secured is giving control back to the investor through real physical retirement. Our goal is for our clients to know exactly where their retirement savings are so that their retirement plan does not fall victim to uncertain external forces.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
Red Rock Secured is committed to the following on behalf of our clients:

Protection: Never Zero Policy. Investing’s very nature is ‘high-risk and high-reward.’ Red Rock Secured is in the business of protecting our clients’ investments and retirement. We promise when investing with Red Rock that our client’s portfolio will never go to $0.

Diversification: Strategic Blend. Protecting your retirement starts with a well-diversified mix of investments. We offer products to best secure your retirement for the long term that ensure high levels of liquidity.

Knowledge: The best clients are informed clients. We provide a high-level of investment education, knowledge and historical data to best support individual diversification plans.

Client-Care: We invest in people. We are most interested in the security of your investment. We promise high levels of trustworthy communication and always act with integrity.
Has your business received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
The greatest compliment is when our client refer us to their family and friends—we consider this the greatest demonstration of client trust.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Red Rock Secured continues to grow and fulfill its mission better than ever.

Red Rock Secured Company Information