Get Started

2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers

4.8/5 (88 ratings)

About Red Rock Secured

Red Rock Secured is a privately held company based in Southern California. The company's mission is to protect their clients' retirement through education, secure products and excellent customer service. The company is built on values and integrity. Red Rock Secured has been helping investors diversify their portfolios for more 10 years. In the wake of the 2008 recession, Red Rock Secured was developed to reimagine secure retirement options for its family, friends and clients.

Pros

• Many clients qualify for no fees
  • Price protection plan
  • 1% match on all new accounts

Cons

• $1,500 minimum gold IRA investment

Bottom Line

Red Rock Secured is a gold and precious metals investment firm based in Southern California. It offers online services to residents nationwide.

Top Red Rock Secured Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I found Red Rock while doing my research and comparing the reviews and client feedback online. ... Their attention to detail is world class, and I really appreciated being able to...

Verified

Great company and outstanding service. Red Rock Secured has lived up to its reputation for providing excellent assistance. Thank you Jeff and Vince for all your help. I am glad to...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

How does Red Rock Secured work?

Red Rock Secured offers online services to all 50 U.S. states. If you’re interested in converting or diversifying your investments to a gold or precious metal IRA, start by visiting the company’s website and filling out the gold IRA application. To fill out the application, you need to provide your name, address, phone number, email address and current type of IRA, if you have one.

After your application is approved, one of Red Rock Secured’s representatives contacts you for a free consultation to discuss whether investing in gold or precious metals is the right choice for your future. Your representative walks you through Red Rock Secured’s three-step process for investing:

1. Transfer your funds to Red Rock Secured. All transfers conducted by the company are secure and tax- and penalty-free.
  2. Convert your funds into gold and precious metals. You can choose what metals Red Rock Secured purchases: gold, silver, platinum or palladium.
  3. Ship your precious metals. Red Rock Secured pays to transfer your precious metals to a secure storage facility that you can visit at any time.

Red Rock Secured cost

Red Rock Secured charges customers a storage fee for their gold. The fee ranges from $125 to $300 annually, depending on the amount and location of your precious metals. Many of the company's clients qualify for its "zero fees for life" program, however — Red Rock Secured states that nearly 90% of its clients pay no fees.

While investing in gold IRAs or precious metal IRAs can be stressful, the company has a “Never Zero” promise that states Red Rock Secured will never let its customers’ portfolios go to $0.  Red Rock Secured also states on its website that customers receive price protection on all gold and silver purchases.

Red Rock Secured FAQ

How does Red Rock Secured store my gold?
Red Rock Secured stores your gold and other precious metals in a secure facility that you can visit at any time. The company doesn’t disclose the location of its storage facility on its website.
Can I see my Red Rock Secured gold in person?
Yes, once you’ve invested with Red Rock Secured, you receive the location of where your gold is being kept. You can view your funds in person at any time.
What metals can I get from Red Rock Secured?
Red Rock Secured offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium for its gold IRAs.

Is Red Rock Secured legit?

Red Rock Secured’s services are ideal if you want to purchase a gold IRA or precious metals IRA and work with a company that values customer service. If you want to diversify your retirement portfolio with a gold IRA, visit Red Rock Secured’s website to find out if you qualify for its services.

Red Rock Secured Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Rock Secured?

Original review: April 8, 2021

During the time I wanted to purchase either silver or gold I reviewed companies that offered silver or gold 401(K)s or directly sold precious metals. During my search I came across "Red Rock Secured." Not really having the knowledge of opening a silver or gold 401(K) or directly purchasing precious metals, I first checked with the Better Business Bureau's website. Red Rock Secured was and still is rated "A+" and customer reviews have rated Red Rock Secured with a 5-star rating.

I called Red Rock Secured to find out the benefits of opening a silver or gold 401(K) or directly purchasing silver or gold. I explained to Mr. John **, Account Executive, I was thinking of opening a silver or gold 401(K) with a competitor company. Mr. ** explained that most companies charge an annual fee to maintain your silver or gold 401(K). I did not think of that. I also stated that I was interested in purchasing gold, but Mr. ** stated silver would be better to own especially during severe economic downturns. Plus, I would actually have silver coins in my possession and not tied up in a 401(K) being managed by a company.

During severe economic times silver could pay or be traded for everyday necessities. Gold, on the other hand was for larger purchases or investments. I purchased the silver and glad I did at the time since silver has risen in price. During the purchase I received a transaction agreement listing in detail full disclosures, disclaimers, and risks associated with purchasing precious metals. So having read the transaction agreement I knew the pros and cons purchasing silver coins. I highly recommend Red Rock Secured to anyone that is interested in purchasing or investing in precious metals. Red Rock Secured always followed up even after delivery of the silver coins. Great staff and great company! Again, I highly recommend Rock Rock Secured.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2021

When I first began to look at adding precious metals to my portfolio, it was necessary to find a buyer. Research online pointed me to Red Rock Secured and I was not disappointed. Mike ** and his team took me under their wing and provided detailed information and the instructions necessary to make an IRA purchase. Everything went smoothly and the process was well handled. I am happy that I found Red Rock Secured and will definitely use their services in the future.

Hi Albert,

Thank you for the positive review of Red Rock Secured. It is always good to hear that team members of Red Rock Secured like Mike and his team were able to help.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Having experience as an investor in other areas made me want to diversify. However, I was not ready to spend money unless I was well educated about the risks and potential gains involved with precious metals. Remo helped me understand all aspects in an approachable way and helped me find ways to benefit my assets long term.

Hi Bobbi,

Thank you for the positive review of Red Rock Secured. It's great to hear that Remo was helpful in helping you understand the risks and potential gains of precious metals.

Red Rock Secured

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

My brother is a lawyer and he invested a lot of money. I trust him greatly. He checked out a lot of other security places and I went with Red Rock because he went with them. Their customer service is good. They know everything but they talk somewhat fast. They said, "This is what you're going to get for your money." I wish they would have sent it in the mail. But they called enough and checked on how I was doing. They're very respectful. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this and overall, I was very satisfied with their work for me.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate you choosing to work with Red Rock Secured to purchase precious metals.

Best Regards,

Red Rock Secured

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I called Red Rock about a month ago and I have to say they provide the best customer service anywhere. I've called other companies, and none have been as great as Red Rock. I almost felt catered to. The salesperson I talked to was Barry ** and I'd say I trusted him right off the bat. We had enough of a conversation that I felt comfortable and that had to be the best part because now I'm a customer and I plan to stick with them for all my precious metal IRA needs. Thank you, Barry and Red Rock.

Hi Lorena,

Thanks for the positive review. We are happy you chose to work with Red Rock Secured for your precious metal needs. We value the trust that you have given us.

Sincerely,

Red Rock Secured

Original review: July 15, 2021

I recently had a great experience dealing with Redrock in buying some precious metals. They were very patient and supportive to me. They took the time to answer all my questions and made me feel confident about my choice. I would recommend using Redrock to anyone looking to buy precious metals.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I was completely satisfied with the service and professionalism I received from Red Rock personnel. They elaborated carefully on my questions, stressed sound basic investment principles, were amiable, and quite informative. I will certainly continue my investment in precious metals with them for years to come!

Original review: May 18, 2021

Great working with Rachel and the team at Red Rock! I learned a lot from them about Precious metals and am now a client!!! I highly recommend to go to Red Rock for your Precious Metals investments and partner with them!

Original review: May 12, 2021

Red Rock's customer service is outstanding! They go above and beyond ALL the time. Extremely professional and awesome attitudes. Their deep precious metals knowledge is priceless. They are a TEAM that will work with and FOR you! I highly recommend Red Rock for your precious metals investments. They will not disappoint!

Original review: April 27, 2021

The people I dealt with at Red Rock Secured spent a lot of time educating me as a new precious metal owner. I am very satisfied doing business with them and placing a portion of my IRA into metals. They have educational materials available on their website, walked me through the various paperwork and most importantly, they stayed in communication with me to answer my various questions the whole time. Thank you to my team, Edward, Jeff and Tony! You’re the best!

Red Rock Secured Company Information