Get Started

2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers

4.8/5 (40 ratings)

About Red Rock Secured

Red Rock Secured is a privately held company based in Southern California. The company's mission is to protect their clients' retirement through education, secure products and excellent customer service. The company is built on values and integrity. Red Rock Secured has been helping investors diversify their portfolios for more 10 years. In the wake of the 2008 recession, Red Rock Secured was developed to reimagine secure retirement options for its family, friends and clients.

Pros

• Many clients qualify for no fees
  • Price protection promise
  • Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) available

Cons

• $10,000 minimum gold IRA investment

Bottom Line

Red Rock Secured is a gold and precious metals investment firm based in Southern California. It offers online services to residents nationwide.

Top Red Rock Secured Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I recently had a great experience dealing with Redrock in buying some precious metals. They were very patient and supportive to me. They took the time to answer all my questions a...

Verified

... I am very satisfied doing business with them and placing a portion of my IRA into metals. They have educational materials available on their website, walked me through the var...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

How does Red Rock Secured work?

Red Rock Secured offers online services in all 50 states. If you’re interested in converting or diversifying your investments to a gold or precious metal IRA, start by visiting the company’s website and filling out the gold IRA application. To fill out the application, you need to provide your name, address, phone number and email address.

After your application is approved, one of Red Rock Secured’s representatives contacts you for a free consultation to discuss whether investing in gold or precious metals is the right choice for your future. Your representative walks you through Red Rock Secured’s three-step process for investing:

1. Transfer your funds to Red Rock Secured. All transfers conducted by the company are secure and tax- and penalty-free.
  2. Convert your funds into gold and precious metals. You can choose what metals Red Rock Secured purchases: gold, silver, platinum or palladium.
  3. Ship your precious metals. Red Rock Secured pays to transfer your precious metals to a secure storage facility that you can visit at any time.

Red Rock Secured cost

Red Rock Secured charges customers a storage fee for their gold. The fee ranges from $125 to $300 annually, depending on the amount and location of your precious metals. However, many of the company's clients qualify for "zero fees for life." The Red Rock Secured website states that nearly 90% of its clients pay no fees.

While investing in gold IRAs or precious metal IRAs can be stressful, the company has a “never zero” policy that states Red Rock Secured will never let its customers’ portfolios go to $0. Red Rock Secured also states on its website that customers receive price protection on all gold and silver purchases.

Red Rock Secured FAQ

Red Rock Secured stores your gold and other precious metals in a secure facility that you can visit at any time. The company doesn’t disclose the location of its storage facility on its website.
Yes, once you’ve invested with Red Rock Secured, you receive the location of your gold. You can view your precious metals in person at any time.
Red Rock Secured offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium for its gold IRAs.

Is Red Rock Secured legit?

Red Rock Secured’s services are ideal if you want to purchase a gold IRA or precious metals IRA and work with a company that values customer service. If you want to diversify your retirement portfolio with a gold IRA, visit Red Rock Secured’s website to find out if you qualify for its services.

Red Rock Secured Reviews

1 featured review

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I had never invested my money buying precious metals before, but was very satisfied with my agent at Red Rock. Josh ** was very patient with me, listened to my concerns, and encouraged me in my decisions to invest my money to protect my IRA by buying precious metals, without pressure and gave me advice on diversifying my purchase which has resulted in increasing the value of my investment within two weeks of purchase. Thanks Josh and Red Rock Secured. I'm glad I went with your company. LM **, retired

Larry,

Thank you for the positive review and choosing to work with Red Rock Secured.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2021

During the time I wanted to purchase either silver or gold I reviewed companies that offered silver or gold 401(K)s or directly sold precious metals. During my search I came across "Red Rock Secured." Not really having the knowledge of opening a silver or gold 401(K) or directly purchasing precious metals, I first checked with the Better Business Bureau's website. Red Rock Secured was and still is rated "A+" and customer reviews have rated Red Rock Secured with a 5-star rating.

I called Red Rock Secured to find out the benefits of opening a silver or gold 401(K) or directly purchasing silver or gold. I explained to Mr. John **, Account Executive, I was thinking of opening a silver or gold 401(K) with a competitor company. Mr. ** explained that most companies charge an annual fee to maintain your silver or gold 401(K). I did not think of that. I also stated that I was interested in purchasing gold, but Mr. ** stated silver would be better to own especially during severe economic downturns. Plus, I would actually have silver coins in my possession and not tied up in a 401(K) being managed by a company.

During severe economic times silver could pay or be traded for everyday necessities. Gold, on the other hand was for larger purchases or investments. I purchased the silver and glad I did at the time since silver has risen in price. During the purchase I received a transaction agreement listing in detail full disclosures, disclaimers, and risks associated with purchasing precious metals. So having read the transaction agreement I knew the pros and cons purchasing silver coins. I highly recommend Red Rock Secured to anyone that is interested in purchasing or investing in precious metals. Red Rock Secured always followed up even after delivery of the silver coins. Great staff and great company! Again, I highly recommend Rock Rock Secured.

Original review: March 22, 2021

When I first began to look at adding precious metals to my portfolio, it was necessary to find a buyer. Research online pointed me to Red Rock Secured and I was not disappointed. Mike ** and his team took me under their wing and provided detailed information and the instructions necessary to make an IRA purchase. Everything went smoothly and the process was well handled. I am happy that I found Red Rock Secured and will definitely use their services in the future.

Hi Albert,

Thank you for the positive review of Red Rock Secured. It is always good to hear that team members of Red Rock Secured like Mike and his team were able to help.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Having experience as an investor in other areas made me want to diversify. However, I was not ready to spend money unless I was well educated about the risks and potential gains involved with precious metals. Remo helped me understand all aspects in an approachable way and helped me find ways to benefit my assets long term.

Hi Bobbi,

Thank you for the positive review of Red Rock Secured. It's great to hear that Remo was helpful in helping you understand the risks and potential gains of precious metals.

Red Rock Secured

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

My brother is a lawyer and he invested a lot of money. I trust him greatly. He checked out a lot of other security places and I went with Red Rock because he went with them. Their customer service is good. They know everything but they talk somewhat fast. They said, "This is what you're going to get for your money." I wish they would have sent it in the mail. But they called enough and checked on how I was doing. They're very respectful. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this and overall, I was very satisfied with their work for me.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate you choosing to work with Red Rock Secured to purchase precious metals.

Best Regards,

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Red Rock Secured was a company I used to make my first purchase of precious metals. They were very informative to help me make my decision of what to buy and how to buy. I had done a lot of research and they added things to what I had learned and made the purchase easy, smooth and confident.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the positive review of Red Rock Secured. We are happy that we could help give you everything you needed to make an informed decision.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Very knowledgeable. Answered all my questions. Great to deal with. I bought silver. I'm thinking that silver is going to be going up in the next few years so it's about time I got some. Hopefully if you're reading this you might think about getting some silver yourself.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

Personalized service for a first time gold and silver buyer. I was not sure what to expect and I felt very confidant with all the folks at Red Rock security. Phone calls throughout the process even after I had my purchase in hand. I can highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Red Rock provided thorough and prompt service. My questions were addressed, leaving no doubt about the competence of the company. The staff were all congenial and seemed eager to provide me with everything I needed to do business with them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I was very happy with my purchase through Red Rock. The process was very easy and not complicated. The staff was very friendly and informative. I would recommend business with Red Rock. The senior staff was very informative and put my mind at ease.

Red Rock Secured Company Information