4.8/5 (132 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Red Rock Secured

Red Rock Secured is a privately held company based in Southern California. The company's mission is to protect their clients' retirement through education, secure products and excellent customer service. The company is built on values and integrity. Red Rock Secured has been helping investors diversify their portfolios for more 10 years. In the wake of the 2008 recession, Red Rock Secured was developed to reimagine secure retirement options for its family, friends and clients.

Pros

• Many clients qualify for no fees
  • Price protection promise
  • Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) available

Cons

• $10,000 minimum gold IRA investment

Bottom Line

Red Rock Secured is a gold and precious metals investment firm based in Southern California. It offers online services to residents nationwide.

Top Red Rock Secured Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I recently had a great experience dealing with Redrock in buying some precious metals. They were very patient and supportive to me. They took the time to answer all my questions a...

Verified

... I am very satisfied doing business with them and placing a portion of my IRA into metals. They have educational materials available on their website, walked me through the var...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

How does Red Rock Secured work?

Red Rock Secured offers online services in all 50 states. If you’re interested in converting or diversifying your investments to a gold or precious metal IRA, start by visiting the company’s website and filling out the gold IRA application. To fill out the application, you need to provide your name, address, phone number and email address.

After your application is approved, one of Red Rock Secured’s representatives contacts you for a free consultation to discuss whether investing in gold or precious metals is the right choice for your future. Your representative walks you through Red Rock Secured’s three-step process for investing:

1. Transfer your funds to Red Rock Secured. All transfers conducted by the company are secure and tax- and penalty-free.
  2. Convert your funds into gold and precious metals. You can choose what metals Red Rock Secured purchases: gold, silver, platinum or palladium.
  3. Ship your precious metals. Red Rock Secured pays to transfer your precious metals to a secure storage facility that you can visit at any time.

Red Rock Secured cost

Red Rock Secured charges customers a storage fee for their gold. The fee ranges from $125 to $300 annually, depending on the amount and location of your precious metals. However, many of the company's clients qualify for "zero fees for life." The Red Rock Secured website states that nearly 90% of its clients pay no fees.

While investing in gold IRAs or precious metal IRAs can be stressful, the company has a “never zero” policy that states Red Rock Secured will never let its customers’ portfolios go to $0. Red Rock Secured also states on its website that customers receive price protection on all gold and silver purchases.

Red Rock Secured FAQ

How does Red Rock Secured store my gold?
Red Rock Secured stores your gold and other precious metals in a secure facility that you can visit at any time. The company doesn’t disclose the location of its storage facility on its website.
Can I see my Red Rock Secured gold in person?
Yes, once you’ve invested with Red Rock Secured, you receive the location of your gold. You can view your precious metals in person at any time.
What metals can I get from Red Rock Secured?
Red Rock Secured offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium for its gold IRAs.

Is Red Rock Secured legit?

Red Rock Secured’s services are ideal if you want to purchase a gold IRA or precious metals IRA and work with a company that values customer service. If you want to diversify your retirement portfolio with a gold IRA, visit Red Rock Secured’s website to find out if you qualify for its services.

Red Rock Secured Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Rock Secured?

Original review: May 19, 2022

One of the things that I look for when distinguishing professionals from the more questionable outfits, is whether or not the salespeople are pushy. From the time that I first contacted Red Rock Secured until the time I decided to use their services, they were patient, they were there to inform, and they never pushed me to make any decisions. Instead, they waited on me and let me initiate the call to turn assets into metals. I really appreciated that. This is rare to find in modern business.

Red Rock not only gets the professional sales posture right, but their products are of the finest grade, giving you the best avenue to convert your assets to metals with the best chances of being able to sell them in the future at the most competitive prices. Specifically, they informed me that if you purchase some of the coins that they recommend which are minted by official sources and certified pure 99.9999+% pure when minted, this is more secure asset for a potential buyer later on. (I never thought about that, but it makes perfect sense). I would have never known this nor really thought about it if Red Rock hadn't taken the time to educate me on this. Again, thank you Red Rock for all that you do. My highest reviews for this outfit.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2022

When I started looking at Gold & Silver Investments, the IRA made the most sense. Red Rock Secured offered the education I needed with time to digest the information. Since I made my decision to invest with them they have provided abundant follow up from Mint (new coins) to secure storage. I feel great about the decision and the overall value of diversifying into precious metals, in a tax friendly IRA. Check these guys out. I predict you’ll choose them. They earned my trust.

Original review: March 6, 2022

I just opened my Red Rock Secured account. The process was seamless for me. I easily transferred funds from an existing IRA account to my new physical precious metals account. The Red Rock process avoided any fears of mounds of paperwork and doing this transfer properly. It was quick and easy with the assistance of Red Rock personnel on the phone. I was kept apprised of each step in the process right up to my metals being secured in a vault.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I was checking with Tony to make sure I didn’t have any fees. I also discussed the possibility buying more silver. Tony explained the simple process since I already have a silver IRA. Since I have a Thrift Savings Plan, transferring funds is already in place for me.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the positive Red Rock Secured review. It is great to hear we were able to answer your questions and help.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Norman was excellent, knowledgeable and very patient. He walked me through the entire process, the experience was great! The payment process was very easy, the gentleman that helped me with the payment process was also excellent. I will definitely recommend buying from Red Rock.

Hi Monica,

Thank you for the positive review of Red Rock Secured. We are happy to hear Norman was able to help and answer your questions and the process was easy.

Resolution response: Sept. 20, 2022

My original review was extremely poor for many reasons but the main reason was lack of information sharing. I was contacted and all issues were resolved. I spent time with the contact and mostly it was my misunderstanding of purchases and prices which led to some erroneous conceptions of this precious metal IRA purchase. He was very detailed and expansive about how metals are purchased and sold which was very new to me. I would work again with this company having a new perspective on the realities of this type of investment.

Original review: July 30, 2022

I purchased what I thought was about $110,000 in gold and silver coins. The invoices shows the inventory of coins that were placed at the repository. The value of the coins on the invoice claimed a total of $109,705. After the coins arrived the value was approximately $30,000. At the current rate they are about the same value and gold and silver have not fluctuated such a ridiculous amount since they were purchased 2 years ago. The only explanation can be that Red Rock Secured took nearly $80,000 in fees. Their invoice, now that I really review it is false. This company is a total scam and has cost me a significant portion of my 401K. I have all the documentation of this transaction and will verify all the claims I have.

Good morning, David

My apologies for this misunderstanding. When purchasing precious metals, there is a difference between their melt value and retail value. I'm going to have one of our Senior Account Executives reach out to you and go over a portfolio review of your assets. I assure you that Red Rock did not take fees in the amount of $80,000. If there is anything more I can do to help, please definitely reach out: ashley@redrocksecured.com or 213.523.2518. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding, but I look forward to settle your concerns.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I recently purchased silver from Red Rock Secured and I enjoyed the transaction tremendously. Their personnel (sales and clerical staff) were top notch. I found them to be highly professional, thorough, kind and helpful in insuring my understanding of the transaction and demonstrable in making sure that understanding was achieved.

Ken,

Thank you so much for such a kind review! Here at Red Rock, we want to make sure that every client is treated like family. I'm so happy to hear that we provided the service you deserve and appreciate the positive feedback!

Original review: June 9, 2022

Very great experience with our first investment! Helpful, very knowledgeable staff and they walked us thru the whole whole purchase process! Kept us up to date on what to expect and when to expect it. We will use them again in the future!

Hey Kim,

Thank you for all of the positive feedback! So glad to hear that we provided you great service and were able to help you make an informed decision. We look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: May 20, 2022

I talked with other Precious Metal Brokers, none were as willing to explain why and how to invest in metals. In the end I made my own choices using the knowledge I pick up in conversation with a couple different Red Rock staff Members. I felt good about my Purchase and so does my Girlfriend (lol). I will buy some more, next time using a different strategy.

Joseph,

Thank you for the positive feedback! Our clients are part of our Red Rock family and with that, we want to provide the best service you deserve. I'm happy to hear that we were able to help you make an informed decision at your pace. Cheers!

Original review: April 20, 2022

I was pleased to do business with Red Rock Secured. They made the process of investing in gold and silver an easy stress-free process. They were both pleasant and professional to work with. I was impressed by how easy the process could be.

Red Rock Secured Company Information