4.9/5 (41 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Red Rock Secured

Red Rock Secured is a privately held company based in Southern California. The company's mission is to protect their clients' retirement through education, secure products and excellent customer service. The company is built on values and integrity. Red Rock Secured has been helping investors diversify their portfolios for more 10 years. In the wake of the 2008 recession, Red Rock Secured was developed to reimagine secure retirement options for its family, friends and clients.

Pros

• Many clients qualify for no fees
  • Price protection promise
  • Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) available

Cons

• $10,000 minimum gold IRA investment

Bottom Line

Red Rock Secured is a gold and precious metals investment firm based in Southern California. It offers online services to residents nationwide.

Top Red Rock Secured Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I recently had a great experience dealing with Redrock in buying some precious metals. They were very patient and supportive to me. They took the time to answer all my questions a...

Verified

... I am very satisfied doing business with them and placing a portion of my IRA into metals. They have educational materials available on their website, walked me through the var...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

How does Red Rock Secured work?

Red Rock Secured offers online services in all 50 states. If you’re interested in converting or diversifying your investments to a gold or precious metal IRA, start by visiting the company’s website and filling out the gold IRA application. To fill out the application, you need to provide your name, address, phone number and email address.

After your application is approved, one of Red Rock Secured’s representatives contacts you for a free consultation to discuss whether investing in gold or precious metals is the right choice for your future. Your representative walks you through Red Rock Secured’s three-step process for investing:

1. Transfer your funds to Red Rock Secured. All transfers conducted by the company are secure and tax- and penalty-free.
  2. Convert your funds into gold and precious metals. You can choose what metals Red Rock Secured purchases: gold, silver, platinum or palladium.
  3. Ship your precious metals. Red Rock Secured pays to transfer your precious metals to a secure storage facility that you can visit at any time.

Red Rock Secured cost

Red Rock Secured charges customers a storage fee for their gold. The fee ranges from $125 to $300 annually, depending on the amount and location of your precious metals. However, many of the company's clients qualify for "zero fees for life." The Red Rock Secured website states that nearly 90% of its clients pay no fees.

While investing in gold IRAs or precious metal IRAs can be stressful, the company has a “never zero” policy that states Red Rock Secured will never let its customers’ portfolios go to $0. Red Rock Secured also states on its website that customers receive price protection on all gold and silver purchases.

Red Rock Secured FAQ

How does Red Rock Secured store my gold?
Red Rock Secured stores your gold and other precious metals in a secure facility that you can visit at any time. The company doesn’t disclose the location of its storage facility on its website.
Can I see my Red Rock Secured gold in person?
Yes, once you’ve invested with Red Rock Secured, you receive the location of your gold. You can view your precious metals in person at any time.
What metals can I get from Red Rock Secured?
Red Rock Secured offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium for its gold IRAs.

Is Red Rock Secured legit?

Red Rock Secured’s services are ideal if you want to purchase a gold IRA or precious metals IRA and work with a company that values customer service. If you want to diversify your retirement portfolio with a gold IRA, visit Red Rock Secured’s website to find out if you qualify for its services.

Red Rock Secured Reviews

1 featured review

Original review: April 20, 2022

When I started looking at Gold & Silver Investments, the IRA made the most sense. Red Rock Secured offered the education I needed with time to digest the information. Since I made my decision to invest with them they have provided abundant follow up from Mint (new coins) to secure storage. I feel great about the decision and the overall value of diversifying into precious metals, in a tax friendly IRA. Check these guys out. I predict you’ll choose them. They earned my trust.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2022

I just opened my Red Rock Secured account. The process was seamless for me. I easily transferred funds from an existing IRA account to my new physical precious metals account. The Red Rock process avoided any fears of mounds of paperwork and doing this transfer properly. It was quick and easy with the assistance of Red Rock personnel on the phone. I was kept apprised of each step in the process right up to my metals being secured in a vault.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Norman was excellent, knowledgeable and very patient. He walked me through the entire process, the experience was great! The payment process was very easy, the gentleman that helped me with the payment process was also excellent. I will definitely recommend buying from Red Rock.

Hi Monica,

Thank you for the positive review of Red Rock Secured. We are happy to hear Norman was able to help and answer your questions and the process was easy.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I had never invested my money buying precious metals before, but was very satisfied with my agent at Red Rock. Josh ** was very patient with me, listened to my concerns, and encouraged me in my decisions to invest my money to protect my IRA by buying precious metals, without pressure and gave me advice on diversifying my purchase which has resulted in increasing the value of my investment within two weeks of purchase. Thanks Josh and Red Rock Secured. I'm glad I went with your company. LM **, retired

Larry,

Thank you for the positive review and choosing to work with Red Rock Secured.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Red Rock Secured was a company I used to make my first purchase of precious metals. They were very informative to help me make my decision of what to buy and how to buy. I had done a lot of research and they added things to what I had learned and made the purchase easy, smooth and confident.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the positive review of Red Rock Secured. We are happy that we could help give you everything you needed to make an informed decision.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I was pleased to do business with Red Rock Secured. They made the process of investing in gold and silver an easy stress-free process. They were both pleasant and professional to work with. I was impressed by how easy the process could be.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Going through an unexpected life change has been difficult; however, the people I've worked with at Red Rock Secured have made my financial transition a true highlight. The customer service I've received from each person in the process has been second to none. While always remaining professional, each interaction has been personable and has me looking forward to the next.

Original review: April 16, 2022

They were very helpful, patient and polite. They were willing to answer all my questions and concerns. As a first timer I felt this was necessary since I went to other locations that lacked any desire to do any meaningful business with me. I highly recommend them for any person that is getting into gold and silver.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I have had a great experience working with Red Rock Secured. The staff are knowledgable and have a lot of years experience dealing with precious metals. They also provide great educational literature to help you make informed decisions. They offer top notch precious medals and are fast and convenient to use. I recommend their services to anyone wanting to purchase precious metals.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I’ve been wanting to diversify my portfolio but didn’t know where to start? From the first phone call until present day, I have been treated like family and the transaction was smoother than silk! Super professional and definitely one of the best investment decisions I’ve ever made! Ten(10) stars all around!!

Red Rock Secured Company Information