It's that easy Request Information
4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Red Rock Secured is a privately held company based in Southern California. Their mission is to protect their clients' retirement through education, premium and secure products, and providing excellent customer service. They are a company built on values and integrity. Red Rock Secured has been helping investors diversify their portfolios for over 10 years. In the wake of the 2008 recession, Red Rock Secured was developed to reimagine secure retirement options for their family, friends, and clients.

50 Red Rock Secured Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 5, 2019

There are simply not enough words to describe how satisfied I am with the service I received at Red Rock Secured. I was thinking about doing something like this for quite a while. I’ve seen too many dips in the economy over the years. Every single time, my money would be affected and I would feel powerless to do anything about it. After a while I started to avoid acknowledging what’s been going on. I’ve literally spent years trying my best to ignore my regular statements from my IRA because I was just too scared to know for sure how much my money was probably gone. After the stock market took a huge dive at the end of the year, I had enough. I know I wouldn’t have time to make up the money I lost because I won’t be working forever and just don’t want to take that chance. So with that in mind, I just opened that envelope and knew it was time to act.

I researched a lot but I didn’t understand much of what I was reading. I’m not a financial expert and only have a casual knowledge about most of these things, so I knew I had to get help and explore some options. From my initial contact with them, I was very impressed. Shortly after requesting some information on my options to protect my retirement account, I received a call from them. I spoke with Vincent who thoroughly explained everything to me. I worked very hard for decades on countless construction sites working my way up the ladder and just didn’t feel comfortable rushing into anything with my life savings. Vincent did his best to address every single concern and answer every single question that I had. Other companies that I spoke with lacked this personal touch.

Not even a few minutes after picking up the phone with other companies, they would be pressuring me to sign away everything and completely trust whoever was on the other end of the phone. I just didn’t like that approach at all. It felt impersonal and forced. I wanted to know what I was getting myself into before agreeing to anything. They didn’t even think it was necessary that I talk to my wife before making a decision. Vincent sympathized with this and made sure I was comfortable. He gave me his direct contact information and promptly sent me the Red Rock brochures.

After reviewing them, with my wife of course, I had even more questions. I spoke with Vincent a few days later and once again I asked him a million more questions. He kindly and patiently answered all of them and made sure I completely understood why having gold in my IRA was a good idea. When I decided that I should do business with Red Rock, Vincent transferred me to a young man named Jeff. Jeff helped me with the online forms, which was no easy task since I’m not exactly the best with a computer. With his help, it was fairly easy and we were done. Jeff also made sure to help me with all the overwhelming parts of the process. He walked me through other paperwork. He talked to the previous custodian of my account and made sure my funds were transferred to my new IRA in a timely fashion. That made things so much easier.

Without his help, I wouldn’t know what questions to ask. I’m pretty sure that I would get the runaround and they would make things so much harder than it needed to be. Jeff did have to do a bit of fighting on my behalf to get my funds released, but he was able to get it done. When it was time to do the trade, Vincent was once again very patient and generous with his time. We talked about my investment goals and went into even more detail than our previous conversations. He clearly listened to and remembered my concerns from those prior talks and did not offer me some cookie cutter portfolio. He constructed a customized list for me and thoroughly explained how those particular coins that he selected would benefit me. After assuring him that I understood what he was saying to me and deciding to accept his recommendations, we locked in the trade.

Vincent and Jeff had definitely earned my trust, but in the back of my mind I thought that maybe the high level of service would drop off a little after this. I’m happy to say that I was completely wrong. Almost immediately after getting off of the phone, I received several emails confirming my trade. Shortly afterward, I began receiving notifications about the delivery of my metals. Jeff even called me to make sure I was getting all of the emails and let me know that he and Vincent were available if I had any more questions. He reminded me about their price protection plan that will let me get more gold and silver as the market changes without me losing anything.

So I can’t thank Vincent, Jeff, and Red Rock Secured enough for all they have done for me. I plan on living comfortably as a retiree and am thankful that they have helped me enjoy that peace of mind. I had a great experience with them and encourage anyone who wants to invest in gold to reach out to them. They’re helpful, polite, and professional. Thank you again Vincent and Jeff.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I called into Red Rock about a month and a half ago to see about putting precious metals in my IRA account. After a quick talk I was able to speak to a gentleman in the retirement department. He was very helpful and sounded like he knew what he was talking about and how everything worked. It sounded like there were a lot of moving parts which gave me a lot to think about so I asked to get the info guide. I never felt any pressure to buy or like I was another with all my questions (being new I had a lot). When I called in recently my rep was busy but he called me back very quickly. Since I've been thinking about this my rep told me that gold and silver have been going up and sent me some news articles. At this point I have decided to do this and these are the guys I am going to use. Thank you for all your help and patience.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have some money in IRA with Fidelity and it was going down. Bret, the person from Red Rock Secured who I talked to, said that moving the money into precious metals could put a stop to that. And so, that’s how we got started talking. They explained to me how my money's gonna be invested. They were saying that they would take the money out of Fidelity and a better choice would be to put it into gold and silver. Red Rock Secured ended up putting the money that I transferred to them into silver. However, it's a whole different thing. My money was not invested. It's just like if you have a safety deposit box at the bank. Your money's put in there and there it sits.

But other than that, the people at Red Rock Secured seemed wonderful. They also seemed very knowledgeable and professional. Also, even though they were doing sales, it wasn't high pressure. They were encouraging me to make a move right away, but when I said that I wanna think about it, they were fine with that. I would recommend Red Rock Secured.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I spoke with Red Rock Secured's reps and determined that they would manage my IRA. After the conversation, they said that should I invest with them, they would give me $400 in silver. As a result, I transferred $20,000 to them. Also, I had some money in the stock market, and I wanted to close that out and transfer the money to Red Rock. I worked with Jeff and he helped me do that.

One unusual thing that they did is that they gave me 391 and a half ounce silver pieces. It’s $16 an ounce which is worth almost $20,000. That's pretty heavy. I can’t put that in my wallet and purse to go shopping. I’m pleased at this point but I’m really kinda confused to what’s happening with my $20,000 investment. Even so, the local out in St. Pete, Jeff and the manager of Red Rock were really helpful.

Working with them was a very satisfying experience all the way around.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was working on my job and Red Rock Secured was one of the stocks that was offered from my 401k but gold wasn't one of them. I got in contact with the side brokers and asked them why I couldn't have gold as one of the stocks on my 401k with my job and they didn't know. So, they checked into it and got back to me about six months later and said that they were gonna put it in with all of my other stocks. Red Rock Secured is in Canada and the people that own my company are Canadians too. When I checked into it, Red Rock Secured seemed like a good, reputable gold company. When I talked to their rep, he said everything that I wanted to hear. I didn’t end up doing it because I did something else but there was nothing wrong with what he said. I'm still planning on doing it and I would recommend Red Rock Secured to other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Rock Secured?

Original review: June 10, 2019

My brother-in-law recommended Red Rock to me. I am so happy he did, and that I was able to work with Jeff and Barry on transferring my IRA to gold and silver. Thanks to everyone else at the company who helped me.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I found Red Rock while doing my research and comparing the reviews and client feedback online. Their reviews are exceptional, and I understand why they’re so strong after working with them in creating a precious metals account. Their attention to detail is world class, and I really appreciated being able to pick up the phone at any time during the day and connecting with them for an update on how things were going.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Jeff and Tony were a huge help in rolling over an old 401k to a gold and silver IRA. They are very knowledgeable and their process is top notch. It’s clear they have been doing this for a while. Thank you for all your help.

Original review: April 8, 2019

As a retired firefighter, I trust Red Rock Secured and highly recommend them. I did my homework and due diligence for a very long time before deciding to go with Red Rock in making my investment in gold and silver. Of all the companies I came across, Red Rock is the most honest and transparent. It always felt like the other companies never shot straight with me, often trying to avoid answering certain questions. Red Rock was very open to answering all of my questions, and even gave me other things to think about that I had not considered. I’m very happy to have found Red Rock, and I look forward to my next investment with them.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Thank you to Red Rock Secured for all the help and guidance they provided in working with me to build a gold and silver IRA. I had always wanted to do this, but never received the information we needed to take the first step. Speaking with Red Rock was very easy, and I could tell their focus was to help us make the best decision possible by providing us all the information I needed.

Red Rock Secured expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Red Rock Secured is a brokerage firm specializing in precious metals. The company is headquartered in Marina Del Rey, California and was founded in 2009.

• Home delivery: Red Rock offers home delivery so you can keep your precious metal investments in your own safe or safety deposit box.

• Options: Red Rock investors have a number of choices when selecting precious metals from Red Rock Secured. Options include silver, gold, platinum and palladium.

• Electronic forms: Many of the forms needed to set up your self-directed IRA with gold or silver holdings from Red Rock Secured can be completed online.

• Resources: You can learn about self-directed and home delivery IRAs on Red Rock Secured’s website. Resources include an opinion letter from an attorney about the legal issues associated with these types of accounts.

• Free insured shipping: Investors who want a home delivery IRA receive free insured shipping from Red Rock Secured.

• Best for: Great option for savers, skeptics, retirees and seasoned investors.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg
Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor

Red Rock Secured questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
Red Rock Secured is actively engaged in offering our clients a secure retirement through portfolio diversity; specifically by offering access to physical precious metals like gold, silver, and palladium.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Many gold companies are scam artists with hidden fees and bad reputations. Red Rock Secured is a privately held company based in Southern California and built as a response to the 2008 financial meltdown. Our goal is to provide clients with the most secure ways to protect their retirement. Red Rock Secured places an enormous amount of value on our integrity and values as caretakers of our clients’ retirement education and diversification.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Red Rock Secured provides education and clarity about utilizing precious metals for a secure retirement. This enables and empowers our clients to control their retirement in new ways. We help clients open or rollover existing retirement products, such as 401k, IRA, or TSP, with ease. Additionally, we have made a commitment to serving and facilitating the retirement goals of those who serve our country, including military members and federal employees.
How does your company measure success?
Success at Red Rock Secured is educating our clients and helping them achieve their specific retirement goals—whether it is with Red Rock Secured or someone else. Our mission is to protect our clients’ retirement through safe and secure investment diversification. Every action we take helps fulfill our mission.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
Unfortunately, many gold IRA companies are interested only in their bottom line, sales quotas, hidden fees and often engage in predatory marketing and communication or simply put . . . they are scam artists. Red Rock Secured believes there is a right time and place to invest in physical precious metals. Our aim is to educate our clients so they can make informed decisions about how they might diversify.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
Red Rock Secured use of both technology and knowledge of precious metals help us facilitate secure retirement choices with increasing ease, simplicity and transparency. Just like the rest of the world, our industry pace has quickened, but unlike our competitors and other financial products, Red Rock Secured is giving control back to the investor through real physical retirement. Our goal is for our clients to know exactly where their retirement savings are so that their retirement plan does not fall victim to uncertain external forces.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
Red Rock Secured is committed to the following on behalf of our clients:

Protection: Never Zero Policy. Investing’s very nature is ‘high-risk and high-reward.’ Red Rock Secured is in the business of protecting our clients’ investments and retirement. We promise when investing with Red Rock that our client’s portfolio will never go to $0.

Diversification: Strategic Blend. Protecting your retirement starts with a well-diversified mix of investments. We offer products to best secure your retirement for the long term that ensure high levels of liquidity.

Knowledge: The best clients are informed clients. We provide a high-level of investment education, knowledge and historical data to best support individual diversification plans.

Client-Care: We invest in people. We are most interested in the security of your investment. We promise high levels of trustworthy communication and always act with integrity.
Has your business received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
The greatest compliment is when our client refer us to their family and friends—we consider this the greatest demonstration of client trust.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Red Rock Secured continues to grow and fulfill its mission better than ever.

Red Rock Secured Company Information