Salt Lake City, UT

1.4/5 (231 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Prestige Financial Services

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Prestige Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: June 24, 2021

Prestige Financial will purposely create suffering in your life to satisfy their own need for vindication. After losing my job etc my car was repossessed. No big deal, things happen. I've paid everything and provided all documentation and still can't even find out where to get my belongings let alone the car that I've paid to get back. My kid can't even get his 2nd vaccination without his card and these guys do. Not. Care. 0/10 do not recommend.

Original review: April 16, 2021

In October 2021, I found a car after filing bankruptcy due to being in two bad car accidents back to back. The dealership assured me I had a great deal with a great company regarding a 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport AWD. I was financing just under $20,000. I'm a 100% disables service connected veteran who gets my VA benefits deposited once a month on the 1st. Over the six months I've had this car, I've had zero luck getting the due date changed yet I've made every payment within the grace period.

Upon finding out my interest rate is 23.2% and that my balance six months is is $25,900 and I'd have paid over double if I stick with this loan. I began doing research and asking rate to be lowered. "Kathryn" who seems to be the person who addresses everyone's issues only cares about and represents this predatory lender's best interests, not the consumer. Communication with her proved this. Furthermore, this car is turning out to be a lemon with issues that neither Prestige or the dealer care to help fix. I've filed a complaint with BBB, with CFPB and with my state's AG. If you type in Prestige Financial into Google search, you'll find hundreds and hundreds of people who this company is harming with their predatory lending and illegal practices. Santander who is the same way, just lost a huge lawsuit and is paying out billions to people they screwed over.

Personally, I feel Prestige should be next on the chopping block. Their rates are illegal Usury Rates. They're practices are illegal and "Kathryn" who they have call to clean up any complaints does not care and will attempt to turn things around to place the blame on you. I've asked that my contract be canceled citing predatory lending and lemon laws. Kathryn tried to tell me I can't do that, but in all honesty I can. It's called a voluntary repossession. I don't want to go that route, but if I do I'd have all the documentation regarding all the avenues I've taken. That way if they try to sue for any balance owed Id have documentation to cover my butt. I'm honestly hoping enough people get other to sue them, the way Santander was sued. Lenders like Prestige and Santander need to be reported and held accountable for their predatory lending and illegal practices.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Lottie. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I bought my car 5 years ago, I still owe more than half because when it came due time to make my payment I would pay after the due date causing my interest to be higher. I did not understand at the time when I bought my car for 18k that after that amount comes in the added interest making it significantly higher. If I was to redo my experience I would make my payments prior to the due date so by now it would be paid off. Often if you needed to defer a payment they let you, they work with you any month you're behind which has always been helpful in that moment. I would just make sure you handle finances well and understand how the system works.

Prestige Financial Services response

Thank you for this review, Amanda. We are happy to have been able to help you out and please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions on your account.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Me and my husband went to Lithia Spring Nissan to purchase at a 2019 Nissan Rogue. We purchase it on February 13th 2021. We left there everything was fine. Prestige Finance called two weeks later to complete the process. It has been over a month since I had the first conversation with Michelle. She told me I had to get another insurance company. I did that. Verify employment. I did that. Got a letter from employee I did that. Fax bank statement. After they still refuse to finance the car after 30-plus days. I will be going to every social media account. Every news media. I fill up the form the very first conversation she had formed that opinion about me.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Karen - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: March 11, 2021

I went to purchase a vehicle after a bankruptcy and Prestige was holding my car loan. After two years of paying over $400 per month I called asking for my payout, the Rep told me at that time that I was still paying on the interest and that I hadn’t paid anything toward the principal. And I even asked to be refinanced at a lower interest rate so that my car payments would be lower but was told that I couldn’t refinance. I then emptied the car and I told them to pick it up, the car was voluntarily repossessed but they have been still reporting it to my credit as if I still have it for just about the same amount as my original loan.

Now they are suing me in civil court. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone and to be honest with all of the bad reviews I’m seeing I wish there was a lawsuit against them for ripping off people who are only trying to get a fresh start. Prestige is not helping anyone but themselves and they prey on low income people, and people with less than perfect credit.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Tina - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

This auto financing company is the worst company with a very high interest rate. Very bad customer service. They like to sue people especially when they having hard times and they can't afford the vehicle anymore. You call them and you tell them you having difficulties they continue to keep harassing you. Calling you. Now they want to sue you for the remaining balance. Don't even realize people I have having trouble and struggling. I would never ever recommend this company to anyone. Watch out if the finance manager says the company name Prestige Financial. Run. Tell them you don't want that vehicle.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Anthon. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Prestige Financial Services are the greediest people I have ever dealt with. I filed bankruptcy in 2009 and never established credit. I needed a reliable car and was leery because of the interest rate. I really was stuck and here I am 4 years later in 2020 and I still owe half of what my loan was even worth. My total loan was supposed to be $24,000. $17,000 later I asked how much I owe, because I'm tired of the harassment every single month. They send me my payoff; I still owe $12,000. I believe $17,000 + $12,000 is $29,000 correct me if I'm wrong. I feel like I am being raped with interest and on top of that they don't offer refinance. I am stuck in this loan because I can't even trade it in. I owe too much and it's been four years. It was supposed to be a six-year loan, and Jessica said that I have another 36 months to go.

I have never dealt with a company like this. This is absurd and it's unethical. What this company does to people that have no credit or bad credit should be illegal. And they don't care about your circumstances at all. They only want your money. Oh and I forgot to mention 6 months after I bought the car.... I didn't want the car anymore, I know I signed a contract but the guy told me, I think his name was Jason.... Told me that I have 3 months to not make a payment during the whole time of my loan and it wouldn't go towards my credit report...

He gave me that option to decide whether or not I wanted to keep the car or sell it, and mind you at this time I only owed $12,000, when I checked my credit report 6 months later there was so many late points from prestige. They lie to you. I don't know how they can get away with it but like I said it should be illegal they are a bunch of greedy, scammers. While us who live in the real world are being a taken advantage of by this company. Worst mistake ever. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth to ever get another car loan. Lesson learned!

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Keri - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

First off, just like everyone else, I fell into a financial issue where I filed for bankruptcy. My car I had engine went out so I was forced to find a company to approve an auto loan in my circumstances. This company approved me. I was leery because of the interest rate and the past issues I was having, but unfortunately I needed a car. So I signed the contract! The worst decision I ever made. This company harasses you before your car note is due. They will continue harassing you until the payment is made. They don’t care about any circumstances that may accuse. There is a whole pandemic going on and they do not give a damn.

I have asked them to quit harassing me, and I was sent an email stating they was going to take the money out the account I used previously! I’m like, "How are you going to do anything I didn’t authorize!" This is far the worst company I have ever did business with! Stay far away from this company! I have thought about turning this company in as by law they aren’t suppose to harass anybody.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Mahogany - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I was trying to pay my bill and I dialed a number that is on the Prestige account statement that was sent to me in the mail 888-844-7422 that is different from their customer service which is 888-822-7422. I did not finish the transaction. The call was very odd and I would not recommend anyone using that number. Call the number in your account statement box. Stay away from 844-7422.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Billy. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I understand that this is a second chance finance company but, if this were the last chance finance, I would run with gasoline socks on. First, they harass you for your payment before it is due to sending harassing text messages (unprofessional) even when you ask them to call to communicate. After paying for so long, I started to notice the balance would go up then down. Hence, I started making copies of the balance owed after each payment.

However, I get down to my last amount, and the account dashboard shows one amount left. I paid for it. Unfortunately, two days later, it pops up I still owe $6.46, so I paid it., However, four days later, I receive a text message from one of their representatives saying I owe $466.00. However, my balance still shows zero on my account dashboard. I'm quite sure I'm not the first person they have done this to, and they try to make justification of ripping someone off that is how many of these second-hand finance companies stay in business ripping people off.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hey, Cheryl, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. Please reach out to us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can talk!

Original review: April 23, 2020

This company's interest rate is extremely high. I just realize that my payments are going only towards my interest. I called and asked if I could make additional payments towards my principal amount and was told no. That it will go towards the interest. This really does suck. This is by far the worst experience ever. I have only been in the car since October 2019. My payments are $665 per month. I made a huge mistake.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Shunya - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: April 9, 2020

Auto loan regret. My husband is out of work due to the covid-19 pandemic so we fell behind. Ashley keeps texting, calling, and emailing asking when we will have money. We informed her several times that neither of us are working right now, so she texted back "what about unemployment, or are you expecting a stimulus check?" I understand they're a business and all, but considering everything that's going on right now, where's the tact? Or compassion? Seriously, all this company cares about is money.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Misty. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Make my monthly payments every 2 weeks to pay down the loan. Every 2 weeks for close to 3 years now. Laid off due to COVID-19. Called in and spoke with my account specialist only to be told all we can do is reduce your payment during this time and that a vehicle is not essential to life. Also they would still report to the credit bureau and repo my vehicle regardless. Mind you I just told her I wasn't working period. 0 income for the last 2 weeks. She was very insensitive and could care less. Terrible customer service. I blame upper management for being insensitive and hiding while the frontline employee working "from home" have to relay their message. First time ever writing a review on any company. Worse interaction I've had with any company. Every other company essential to my life has options to help during this time but not them. Greed at it's finest.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello B - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: March 26, 2020

This company provides loans to people with poor credit. They take advantage of that with extremely high interest and a loan you will never get out of. They provide very poor customer service and will not work with you. I have had my loan for 4 years and they won't cut you a break at all. Don't matter if you make your payments on time. You have been warned of this place.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Please Stay away from this company unless you would like to sign your life away.... All these people do is harass you for a living. Even if you're making your payments on time they still harass you.... And don't be going through a rough time. They will treat you like you are trash, and on top on that you will be paying on your car for the rest of your life and that's no lie, I have had my car for almost 6 years and I am nowhere near close to paying it off, I'm looking right now into getting another car. Please stay away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I had to file bankruptcy after a terrible divorce and they were all too happy to give me a loan. I knew the interest would be high but I needed a car. After having it for about 3.5 years I was put in the hospital at the end of the year and had no vacation time left at my employer and got behind on a few things and they were willing to work with me and put the 2 payments I owed at the end of the loan (but late fees would still apply) as long as I post dated the next 5 months of payments. I agreed. Then my employer changed our pay dates from Wednesday to Friday and I emailed my rep Michelle (that's how we had been communicating) to ask her to change the next 3 pay dates to the Friday dates that were only 2 days later.

I was off work for a few days and came back to an email from her basically confirming the email I sent her. That following Wednesday they deducted the payment anyway and then while I was out, they had my car repossessed. I called the next day and she said that b/c I didn't reply to the email and confirm AGAIN what I told her that I defaulted on my payment arrangement and they had the right to repossess my car even though THEY WERE PAID the payment as originally agreed. Since then they've sued me and I owed them over $11,000 on a car that I had purchased 5 years ago at this point for $15,000 and they even acknowledge that my car payment was made the same day it was repossessed. I DO NOT RECOMMEND EVER USING THIS COMPANY. Go to JDByrider if you're in need of help with a car loan with credit issues. I used them afterwards and they are upfront, legit and truly do want to help you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I've had no problems with this company. Had the loan for about 2 years now and have not yet paid my car note late. Even when I did have a financial difficulty due to my husband's company being on strike they helped us out with lots of options and credits without it negatively affecting our credit. We can see our principal balance decreasing and it's a positive effect on our credit. Prestige has been good to us and I can't complain. Although I wish they did refinancing but other than that we've had no problems at all. All the representatives, including our personal representative that's assigned to our account have been nothing short of pleasant and respectful. I've never had long wait times, although I rarely have to call them but when I do there are no complaints. We pay on time every month so it's really nothing we can complain about anyway.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have had absolutely 0 issues with this company. Pay your bill on time every time and they'll never bother you. There is NO grace period and they charge high late fees so absolutely do not pay late. I have paid on time since October of 2019 and principal is already being repaid. I got their lowest interest because I make more money than most with $0 down. I had to file CH 7 after having and illness that buried me financially. They helped me get a new car and took the risk and for that I'm grateful. This company also lets you change your due date, extra interest is charged for the gap in between but a nice account feature to have when you need to balance out some bills.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I’m NEVER going to pay off this terrible loan!! I made a HUGE mistake. After my bankruptcy I was desperate. Desperate enough to be excited about a crooked company!!! I have been paying close to $400 a month for over two years, over 9k later and I’ve only paid off 3k of interest. I can’t trade my vehicle in because my car is no where worth what I’m paying. I’ve begged, pleaded and cried for them to reduce my interest rate but they could care less about their customers. Don’t do it!!! I wish now I had read reviews before I did this. Out of one bad situation, right into the hands of greed.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Worst loan company I have ever came up against and I did not choose them. My secured regulated second mortgage was sold to Prestige Finance who turned it into an unregulated secured loan, they have increased my premiums by 51% without any explanation, and had substantial amount of money out of me, told me verbally after a 25-year loan of £29500 I would be 20k short... Don't touch this lot, please stay away, caused me no end of problems, harassment constantly... worst company I ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Awful company! The first payment I tried to make, I had to switch bank accounts because they won’t take that form of payment. I tried with 3 different forms before I could finally find one they would accept. They were awful to me when I was trying to pay them! Then the Austin told me “I know who you are and I know where you live”. I’ve been threatened, lied to and manipulated by this company. The emails, phone calls and text messages harassing for payment is unbearable. My last payment I’ve submitted online 3 times and they won’t pull it out. So now it looks like I’m the one not paying.

I’ve kept all records of communication, documentation of payments submitted with proof there is money there. If you can avoid working with this company I HIGHLY recommend it! Regardless of your past or your credit, you are still a human being. Just because life happened, doesn’t mean you deserve to be treated like a 2nd rate person. I too have contemplated filing police reports about them harassing me.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I called due to being in the hospital only to get yelled at and told to call back when “I’m not acting like a child” because I was getting upset. This was by a manager named Matt. I received numerous threatening letters saying I HAD to give them my credit card number or do a ACH or else. They start harassing you two weeks before your payment is even due. They charge you a $10.00 fee for not doing an ACH. I’m a victim of fraud and am very leery of giving that info. They then informed me that my car is only worth 10,500 instead of the 17,000+ I am paying. If I wanted to be talked to like a child at 48 years old I would go to my parents and not a total stranger. Asked if I could get a different financial company and basically got hysterically laughed at and asked if I was really that dense. That I wouldn’t get one because they have me upside down on my payments. TERRIBLE COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I am not sure who trains these people but wow... they are so harassing and rude. They belittle and threaten. Yeah they did help us out once but they think they should have rights to our accounts. Also Kind of hard to pay when their site it down. I just so tired of the obscene and ruthless calls. Totally unwarranted how they speak to people. Enough that we are thinking about getting an attorney, you can not speak to people the way they do or threaten daily. I can see by other reviews nothing ever changes as many people have had the same issue. So this is a waste of time. They need to remember their customers pay their paychecks.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

You will get with so many undercover double fees that’s it’s not worth the Original loan! Guaranteed to put you in further debt. The company deducts from your loan twice included with other hidden fees. Do not trust Prestige.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

This is BY FAR THE WORST company to do business with. Due to unfortunate life circumstances, I had to file bankruptcy and I thought I was getting a great auto loan thereafter from this company. The interest rate was high, but I thought it's relative to my circumstances. Little did I know, that all of your payments only go to interest. NONE of my payments have yet to apply to my principal, so you're inevitably spending far more money then the car is even worth. My principal has not declined in almost 2 years.

You can't get out of this loan, unless you're doubling your payment and specifying money to go to principal. Then they contact you each month BEFORE your payment is even due, and talk to you like you're a child and don't know when or how to make your car payment. Even when you do tell them when you're making your payment, they still contact you because they can't get notes right in their system. What a ** joke!!!! I'm so disappointed in myself for getting looped into this nightmare, but more so that there is a company out there like this. It's highway robbery and has to be illegal or something. Anybody have any ideas what to do with these leeches?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I have been with Prestige Financial company for a year. They have been great. When I needed to move my payment around they accommodated me. When I need to pay a lesser amount one month they accommodated as well. I would highly recommend this company to someone looking to start over.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I hate Prestige Financial with a passion. Worst experience in life was getting a car loan through this company. They’re so disrespectful it’s pitiful. Eric literally sat on the phone and argue with me and tried to talk to me like I was a child. The harassment is cruel. I have every email and text of them disrespecting me. Poor customer service. I wouldn’t recommend anyone ever get a loan through them. It’s highway robbery. Whoever is filing a class action against them I want in. It’s had to be something to Be done to shut Prestige Financial so down. A loan through them be ready for high blood pressure and all kinds of health problems dealing with this company.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

This is the most ridiculous loan company I’ve ever dealt with. I filed bankruptcy, and when I purchased a new car I had no idea I was signing a deal with the devil. I’ve had my car almost a year, and have only been late 1 time. The endless harassment, days before my payment is even due would make you think they had to chase me every month for a payment. Do yourself a favor and get financing elsewhere. Anywhere else!! I can’t wait to get away from this company. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Account Management "professionals" are not to be trusted at their word. They lied to me concerning an extension and my account never recovered. What's worse, when I called to voluntarily surrender the vehicle, they even lied to me about that. Months later, I still have possession of the car. Awful!

Original review: July 31, 2019

This company is absolutely unprofessional. They talk down to you as if we are beneath them. They constantly harass you and treat you less than a human being. Even when you are current on your payments they still send condescending emails and text and this company needs to be shut down. Melinda is my account manager and she have no ounce of customer service in her body. If there is anyone that is filing a class action lawsuit please let me know. They need to pay for the way they treat their customers and get shut down.

Prestige Financial Services Company Information