1.32/5
Based on 169 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a loan company?

Salt Lake City, UT

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

174 Prestige Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I've been with this company for 3 years and my balance on my car is still 12,000. For a 2009 Malibu. This company is the worse ever. They have very bad customer service skills even collections skills. I don't understand how this company is still open. I've been yelled at on the phone many times. I wasn't even late at all. I called in before my payment was due and explained my pay period would make me 3 days late. A guy who stated he was the VP at me and made it clear he was VP and that it sad that I cant make my payment on time and this the reason my APR is where it is.

My account Manager Patrice is no better. Everyone I have spoken with treated me very rudely and I would suggest anyone to work with them. I was text and call daily and sometime to 6 times a day within those three days. I do plan on going to speak with atty and if there is a class action taken place I will be all for it as well. They need to be stopped. My balance isn't going down at all.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Hello friends. My name is Bob **. My email is **. I have the same issues with Prestige. After paying 30 payments with them I still owe more than I should and my credit reports are wrong too. This is after three years. My TransUnion has nothing. With that being said I sent a letter to the Utah state attorney general. I also sent a letter to the state attorney general here in Indiana. I made complaints to the Federal Trade Commission. With being said if you want to make a Big difference start calling the Federal Trade Commission. Yes you can make a complaint over the phone and Prestige has to respond with in so many days then you'll have a case number. Have your spouse to do the same. Remember. The Federal Trade Commission was started for consumers like you and me and if we do nothing Prestige keeps on going. Again class action by us.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I had a car financed through Prestige Financial in Dec 2015. I'm in the process of refinancing with capital one. When you get a payoff quote it has an expiration date well mine as changed 3 times before the initial date was up. The payoff changed 72 dollars in 3 weeks. It actually changed twice in one week. I was given a quote on July 31 to expire Aug 16. On Aug 3 I checked again since I'm waiting for the refinancing check to process the amount had went up again and date changed to Aug 18. I've emailed twice trying to find out why this is happening no response. I had also called about another issue prior suppose to get a call back no response. I've never had an issue since I've never been close to being late but they will rip you off at payoff time.

Original review: July 28, 2017

These reviews are cracking me up. To the person who said she has never been contacted by them she is lying through her teeth or she is actually Prestige trying to boost their already sad ** reviews. I was bought by them because I have new credit. No collections no bankruptcy. I wish I had never agreed to this loan. From the very first month they start emailing 2 days before the payments is even due. Dealership told me I would have a 10 day grace period. NOT!!! I get paid every other Friday so they may not always get paid on the 17th.

These people will call, text, email and take out a hot air balloon ad if you don't answer them. I'm an office manager so I cannot answer my cell phone at work. They call it 5 or 6 times during working hours and if I don't answer, the threats begin. Have to wait 5 more months and my Credit Union will refinance. Cannot wait to be rid of these people. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. If they think I am going to ruin my credit they are sadly mistaken. They suck and if you want to keep your sanity look for another lender!!! I wish I could give 0 stars.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I had a loan I just finished paying off with Prestige Financial. I had a horrible credit score because of a bankruptcy and nobody else would finance me. My interest rate was 20 percent but what could I expect. My credit score was like 550. They would call and text me the day before my payment or each day after it was due if I was late. I think that's what a lot of the complaints on these reviews are calling them harassing phone calls. People you most likely have had a bankruptcy or repossessions and you borrowed a significant amount of money from them. What do you expect lol.

Guess what. If you make your Payment on time like you said you would they wouldn't have to call you. I don't get how many complaints I read with people not liking how they called and asked for their money. You owe it to them and have a responsibility to pay no matter what your circumstances are. Yes the interest is through the roof and your loan will go down very slow the first 3 years but guess what. Nobody else will loan you the money for lower. That's why the dealer got Prestige Financial.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: June 13, 2017

I cannot wait till a class action lawsuit is filed. I'm all in. They need to be stopped. I have paid on my car for 3.5 years and still owe 13000.00. This is insane. I have paid as of today 15000.00 for a car that is worth 6000.00. OMG. This is a crime. I cannot trade it in... so they can have it back. I'm done with the harassment and beating me up over 2 and three day late payments. IT'S Ridiculous. Done.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I purchased a vehicle in Aug of 2015 before my bankruptcy was even discharged. I knew I would have a high interest rate. I actually figured it would be 20% because of bad credit. After a few hours at a dealership it came to be 19.49% which I anticipated. I did have a slight issue in the beginning, it took them forever to set my account up. I only got my info about one week before my due date. But nevertheless I got it. I do get reminder text. I can say I have never received a phone call but I have always gotten a reminder text before my due date and on it. Which I am okay with because I approved that. I see a lot of people have had bad customer service. I personally have not, and I do not get bombarded with calls either. I have been late before and I was told I had a 10 day grace period which is weird, maybe they just meant they wouldn't report it. I have always had a good experience.

I can say I was super distraught when I saw how little of my payment was actually going to the principal, that was very saddening, I was paying 350.00 monthly and like 280.00 of that was interest. But since I have went Active Duty military and due to Federal law they had to drop my interest rate to 6%. I only bring this up because I never knew about this, I called on day to pay my bill and it was 100.00 less monthly and I thought they made some error. After talking with a super nice representative, she explained to me why my interest rate dropped. This is integrity on the company's end, because as I stated I didn't even know they had to do that. I have another car loan with another company who wouldn't drop the rate until I provided documentation, which they already had on file, it took me over a month to get them to drop my rate on that car.

So in short, not being rude to people here complaining, but if you signed the papers at that interest rate, EDUCATE yourself. They have the right to divide the principal and interest up how they feel, and most likely almost all of your first payments will be interest. Once you have met the interest amount then your payments become all principal. All in all, if you have bad credit and you are trying to build it back up this would be a good company if you don't mind paying the extra interest. I mean if you don't have a 750 credit score you're not getting the rate that someone with that score would.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have been a good loyal customer for three years. I am in the process of refinancing my vehicle. I am having problem with them during the process. They have been trying to give me legal counsel and even saying that I don't know what I am doing. They also tried to act as a counselor and trying to bully me.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Today I walked into my house from a job interview. To receive a phone call from someone name Greg who I guess is the manager to make me feel uncomfortable and not want to be a customer of them any longer. I got a car back in October of 2016 and was financed by Prestige. These last past month I lost my job due to me being ill with sickle cell disease however the account manager Andrew has been honestly working with me and I can't lie about that however, some of their reps have been calling me being very rude making feel very uncomfortable and not needed to the point where I feel like I'll give the car back just so I won't have to deal with them anymore.

Yes I do need my car because I have two kids and for me to get back and forward to where I need to go like doctors appointments and more when I'm steady telling you I don't have the money right now but can have it on the 1st to pay this payment and then I can work on trying to borrow the money for the next and once my school refund and tax return come I can pay the rest. But no Greg the manager was rude, made me feel very comfortable and also threaten to basically cancel my contract with them all because I said I don't appreciate his tone and more. This is an outrage and it sucks like hell because I filled bankruptcy I have to deal with them. I'm sick and tired of people thinking because I'm young they can just talk to me any kind of way or more so run over me and I'm not allowing it no more.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I was going through bankruptcy in Dec 2016. Bought a 2015 Kia, everyone at Prestige has been very friendly, and my experience with them have been good with the exception of them updating my insurance. They keep sending me a notification that my insurance is 140 days expired when my declaration was sent to them 3 times. That's the only real big issue. I called to tell them that I started a new job and my payment would be about 10 days late and I'd be more than willing to pay the late fee. They were fine with it, we made sure everyone was all on the same page! They are also very aware of my anxiety issues, do what they can to help me solve any issue I have. I've been able to watch the loan amount go down on my statements. Overall it's a good company, but like any other financial service they just want to make sure they are going to get their payment each month.

Original review: May 23, 2017

These people are the worst to communicate with. First of all, I wish I would have waited or paid close attention to the ridiculous amount my car payment is for a 2014 Ford Fusion. This company is a ripoff. Second, their customer service rep that's goes by the name of Loera ** is very rude. Lately I've been having some financial problems. I have extra bills, so I told Loera I can pay half off my car note this month and add the rest to next month. Loera started saying disrespectful things to me. He stated he don't understand why I can't pay my bills and said a lot more rude things to me. Next thing I know, I lost it and snapped off on him. He took me out of my character and I've been a faithful customer to them for 2 years. I'm still pissed off over the things he said, very unprofessional and I'm not going to ignore his actions. I'm going over his head and if I have to get my lawyer involved I will.

I'm not even behind on my car note. I was asking to pay half for this month payment. Out of all the finance companies I have dealt with in the past, I never experienced this kind of bad treatment. Prestige Financial is horrible and their customer service team is just as worst as the car loans. I hate dealing with a company that's not local. Loera is a horrible person. I wish I could post more of the horrible stuff he said to me, but I get mad just thinking about the way he treated me. Very unprofessional!

Original review: May 23, 2017

I purchased a 2015 Fiat in January 2016. The finance company was Prestige Financial. I had never been late on any payments and was offered a "special holiday rate" which put my payment for December 2016 offered at 145.00. My normal payment was 275.57 a month. I agreed to the special deal, and ever since then it's been a nightmare with this predatory lender! First all my account manager LC ** charged my account 245.00 instead of 145.00 as authorized. I called immediately to dispute the transaction and they offered no help, and claimed they couldn't charge a payment of 145.00 even though I had it in writing. Every rep I spoke with was extremely rude. So I disputed this transaction with my bank as fraud because that's exactly what it was. I continued making my payments on time and come to find out they had been applying my payments from January 2017 forward toward what they claimed was a missed payment in December.

LC ** then offers me a deferment for March and April 2017 and I agree. This now makes me not due until May 22 2017. On May 19th they repossessed my car! They now have refused to return my car saying I'm 89 days past due which is a complete lie. I made a payment 1/31, 3/3 and 4/15 and have a deferment in writing! They also hit my credit with a late payment for April even after giving me a deferment. This company is a fraud, and the account managers are incompetent and clearly never calculate payments or billing correctly. Every time I spoke to anyone with Prestige my account was charged or I owed something new.

They also harass you night and day and ask for payments even before your payment is due. They also are some of the rudest people I've ever had the pleasure of speaking to. This company has caused me so much heartache it's ridiculous. If anyone knows if there is a class action lawsuit please let me know. I'm all in on taking these corrupt people down!

Original review: May 22, 2017

I purchased a vehicle from Mazda of Roswell in April, 2017. I was contacted by Tidewater Finance Company, which initially referred me to the dealership due to me going through a bankruptcy. I went in, picked out a car, signed the paperwork, paid my down payment and everything. Nearly a month goes by and I had not received an account number for my first car. Note that was due on the 15th of May. I called Prestige and was told that my loan had not been funded and I would have to contact the dealership to find out why. Prestige also informed me that they had sent back a request of some sort on the 21st of April and I heard nothing from the dealership or Prestige regarding this matter. No one called me, EVER! I had to call them!!

I called the dealership and was given the runaround by the finance managers and salesmen. I was initially told that my rent was too high, even though I said that I only paid half. The dealership said that they would try to see if the finance company would work with that. Then it was another excuse and another, and another. Unable to fully get to the bottom of what the issue REALLY was, I was told by the dealership that I would have to return the vehicle. This was on a Thursday, May 11, 2017. I informed the dealership that they had put me in a bind because I had told my other finance company that they could come pick up my other car since it was going to be included on my bankruptcy. One of the dealership managers said that he would give me the weekend with the car so that I could try to find something else.

I called Prestige back and asked them, "why was I told that I was approved and then rejected?" The person on the phone said, that they did not know why that would happen because once they say that I am approved, I am approved... Unless someone tried to run the application a second time. Which would make no sense. When I returned the vehicle, the I was not provided anything in writing from the dealership or Prestige stating that my loan was denied and that I was returning the car. I had to call the police just to get my down payment refunded to me and to have SOME evidence that I returned the car to the dealership per their request! Still to this day, I have no idea as to why I no longer have the car that I was approved for or the car that I signed for.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I bought a car back in July 2012 at 20%, that's what my paper says from the car lot I financed it from and says it would be 5 yrs. paying for car in July of 2017. I called Prestige and they said the rate was 22%, the paper I have is wrong. I said "Didn't the car lot talk to you before they set this percentage." They said yes. I asked them how does it go from 20% to 22%. I bought the car for 16,000 back in July 2012. Paid 22% interest since then. Car was to be paid off by July 2017 - 5 yr. loan. They told me I still owe 10,000 on the car - how do they figure that.

Don't ever buy a car from them. They harass you when your payment is due, by harassing phone calls and they are very rude. I am not paying another 10,000 dollars on a 2008 car, that I have already paid 28,000 on in July 2017. They can come and pick the car up and if they try to garnish my wages, I will hire an attorney to show them all the paperwork I have on this car. Ridiculous, poor customer service and don't care how they treat anyone.

Original review: May 8, 2017

I purchased a vehicle from them during my bankruptcy as I was losing my cars in the bankruptcy. I was not told there was no grace period, no one even went over the paperwork with me. A person drove the car to my house and dropped it off, and knew nothing about any of the paperwork and could not explain any of it to me, even when I was asking questions. They are worse than bill collectors. I have never been treated so rudely or disrespectfully ever in my life, from a person who I was paying for a vehicle. I was in my grace period that all companies give you, and contacted them to let them know I was going to be a couple of days late due to issues, and my phone was blown up not stop all day every day until I made the payment. Even though I explained "on my payday I would call in and make the payment first thing in the morning" which I did as I stated.

After someone trying to force me into giving them my bank information and setting up a payment plan even though I told them I was not comfortable doing it, it even went as far as my advising they could come take the car as I was not advised no one went over the paperwork with me, etc. I explained to them they were worse than bill collectors and that I would have never financed through them if I would have known they were going to treat me so bad, and talk down to me like I am the scum of the earth due to having gone bankruptcy and needing a loan for a higher risk person. I wish I would have never done this and regret it every day.

Original review: May 6, 2017

Loan Shark. I have read many complaints regarding this company and its everything that I am experiencing. From harassing phone calls to text to emails. Threats to escalate my account for nonpayment when I'm up to date until this last payment. I told them I would pay on May 5 when payment was due on April 25 and I have a 7 day grace period. They are nasty, rude and threaten to take your car. I don't understand how they can get away with this. I want to file a lawsuit against them and I want this company shut down. If anyone knows how we can get together and do this please contact me thru Facebook. Linda ** in Richmond Virginia.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I purchased a car from them, while I know that the interest will be high I didn't expect none of my payments to go towards the actual loan. My car was 15876, I pay 389 per month. That's 4668 per year. I am 1 yr and 1 month into this loan and the remaining amount is 15443. This is horrible. I wish I would have done my homework before signing with them. This car won't be paid off for 8 years at this rate. I am going to start paying double every month to try to get this over with. We won't even discuss the customer service. Just DON'T GET A LOAN FROM THEM.

Original review: April 29, 2017

Will never use them again. Got a new car and finance thru them and it's been a headache ever since. Only had the car for a week and they called everyday about something new. Don't go thru them cause it's a nightmare.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I needed an additional 7 days to make my payment and this company bombarded me with email text and phone calls. The customer service rep Kris, I advised him not to ever contact me by phone again or the so called vice president he put on the line. They can send me emails so I have all of this information in writing. In addition, the next person I spoke to regarding the same situation, nothing had changed since the last time I spoke with them, even suggested that I give them a bad check for a payment so they could make books by the 31st.

What is the problem that they cannot wait 7 days and charge me a late fee? I haven't had this type of communication with a car lender before ever and moving forward will be recording my phone conversations with them and documenting the communications because they are in violation of the Fair debt collection practices act which states: federal law that prohibits debt collectors from engaging in abusive or deceptive bill collection practices.

Maryland also has its own law that protects consumers from deceptive and abusive behavior by people and businesses collecting debts. This law, the Maryland Consumer Debt Collection Act (MCDCA), adds significant protections to consumers because it covers activity by both debt collectors and creditors (in most situations, the FDCPA only covers debt collectors). If you live in Maryland, you are protected by both the FDCPA and the Maryland fair debt collection laws. Get familiar with the laws people. Things happen whether you're late on your payment or not. Doesn't you aren't a human being who deserves to be verbally abused.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I did a bankruptcy to finish a divorce and was put into a car loan with this company and now day and night I'm harassed about my car payment being due and 1 day late etc, etc. I was unaware that when signing for this loan I was allowing this company to harass me and act as if I have done some injustice for my car loan!! I have written emails explaining to them they are not allowed to contact me unless I am actually late and again they do not care or even listen. I have decided to let these jerks do their job now for 4 days since that's what they get paid for... and the emails are frantic! I cannot believe the lack of trust and faith they have in any of their clients. It's absolutely unfair and if there is a class action lawsuit I want to be involved. This company is horrible. Horrible, horrible. They are supposed to help people get back on their feet, not automatically assume we're criminal!!!

Original review: March 18, 2017

I purchased a 2011 Honda Accord with 42000 miles on it. Back in 2014 Prestige approved me for a 18% interest rate auto loan. I was stupid to make this deal and I was not even cleared from my bankruptcies yet. The company National Motors in Maryland they had me there all day making this purchase and the next morning I realized it was because they sold me a vehicle with damage paint job that was not noticeable at night and then refused to fix it or take the car back. I was in need of a car and did not take the time to really think things over. I was just so happy to be approved. Now I am locked into a 20,000 dollar loan with a payment of $485.00 a month. I always made payments on time and now it's too much for me.

I have asked them to come get the vehicle at which time I was attacked verbally by text message by my account manager. Threats of garnishing my paycheck and no matter if I come to court I don't get to decide if how much I can afford to pay. I said to him, "just make sure you send my court papers to the correct address. I will let the judge decide for me." Even if the Judge make me pay it can't be more than my car payment not with my income at this present time. Oh and the car is still sitting in my driveway not picked up yet. It's been a month now.

I have tried to refinance that car with no success and I have tried to trade it in but they all say I owe too much money on the loan. I have been paying for this car for 2 years and I got a letter saying I still owe over 18,000 on this vehicle. I have even asked them if I could allow someone else to take over the loan. They will not put the loan in that person's name. My name has to stay on the loan unless they find someone to finance them. I even asked if they could lower my car payments. No was the answer to that. So sick of this company. What can I do now? I guess my credit is going to ruined for life because I am not giving them another dime.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I lived in AZ during the mid 2000 when the economy took a dive. My husband and I had 4 kids and struggled as most to hold on and we ultimately lost everything including the car Prestige financed. They hounded us endlessly, yelling, threatening us, telling us we were bad parents, giving our info out to countless people our neighbors who we did not know personally. They informed them that they were repoing the car we were not paying. They took the car with my husband work equipment inside and refused to give it back. This caused trouble. He ultimately lost the job cause of no transport and the equipment being gone.

10 years later they are still harassing us out of the blue they sent garnishment to my husband's new job in North Carolina where it's not legal to garnish for a car loan. We called the state attorney general and filed a complaint. He said it was illegal and stopped them in their tracts within days. They faxed a letter to the employer and are sending a letter to the company. They hid the garnishment by going to a magistrate in AZ and serving papers to a old address. If they knew he had a new job in a new city 3 hours from that address they knew that address was old.

They are a terrible company. They have turned a loan that was 9999.99 into 30000.00 so that we can never be rid of them and they have told us they will never leave us alone and they will never stop that we will never pay them off and if my husband kills himself over their tactics they will sue his estate. We tried filing bankruptcy but the judge said it was timing out and we had nothing else. They should go away and if they did not to refile. But really why should we have to refile and suffer another 10 years. We lost everything. When is enough enough? If there is a class action against this company I better be informed!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I love them. I got a car in Feb 2016. I have NEVER got a phone call harassing me or any rudeness from anyone at the company. My score was like 460 after my bankruptcy which discharged Sept 2015. I pay on time and extra if I have it. My score has increased to mid 600's. If you pay your payment on time you'll be fine. They were very upfront and told me which I'm sure they told all these customers NO GRACE PERIOD!

Anyway after 1 yr of never being late now I received a letter saying I will NEVER be charged a late fee for the remaining portion of my loan. Since I paid on time 1 yr straight. Now even though I will not be doing that it's nice to know if I do hit a hard time I'm OK. This company can charge high interest because WE messed up our credit not being responsible. I like Prestige and would recommend them if you are really trying to establish your credit. The website is nice and I still have NEVER been harassed by anyone there in over a yr now. So pay your bills and life's sweet.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Prestige Financial has ruined my life. The company approved me for an auto loan right before my bankruptcy was discharged in 2012. I knew it was a mistake from the beginning. Two days into having the car in my possession (and before they sent the check to the dealership) I contacted my account manager (Brian) and told him I didn't want the loan. He told me that if I returned the vehicle, there would be a repossession on my credit report. I determined that was a lie, but at that time, it was too late.

I had the car for almost 2 years before I decided to a voluntary repossession. I sent a notarized letter requesting they send someone to pick up the vehicle as I couldn't deal with the harassing phone calls. My account wasn't late, but I have to wait 90 days before the repossession could happen. So the car Sat for 3 months. Finally, it was gone. They sold the car for $700- which was never applied to my balance. My account was charged off with a balance of 19K! Prestige Financial reports my charged off account each month and add 2K worth of interest each month making it impossible for me to pay this debt off! I am so sick of this company ripping me off!! Please let me know if there is a Class Action lawsuit filed against Prestige Financial. If so, I would like to sign up. I believe they have illegal business and collection practices.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

I declared bankruptcy after making many financial mistakes! I had my car repossessed which was the very last straw. When I went to get another car, it was with Prestige, AFTER filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy. They gave me 18% interest rate with an open bankruptcy and a credit score <400. I was able to obtain a 2016 Nissan Versa Note with 4000 miles. Yes my payments are almost $400 a month for 72 months. Yes, they must be paid ON TIME. But know what? That is nothing new!!! ALL payments should be paid on time! Everything, every month, every year, every time!!! My payments are now ALL on auto pay via a prepaid debit card. I can't manage a checking account due to damage to that portion of my brain from chemotherapy from cancer. But I found a way. A prepaid debit works just like a checking account. You can have direct deposit and set up autopay so your payments are NEVER late!!!

So get off your stinking modus operandi of constant complaining and moaning about how everyone is wronging you because you have to pay your bills and they would like you to pay them on time!! WOW! Like this is a new thing. If you sold something to someone and expected payment on the first of the month and they said they couldn't pay now but maybe next month or the month after. Just how do you think you would react??? You would be very angry and you would be on the phone making calls!!!

Prestige is NO different than any other company that wants their payments on time. They just deal with a bunch of us deadbeats so they have to be more diligent than most. Stop putting all the blame on them and start looking in the mirror to see where the real problem is! Start paying your bills first and on time and you will be amazed at what opens up to you in a few months or years.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

In Oct 2016 my current vehicle broke down and I needed a vehicle to get to my new job. I went to a shady dealership as I have bad credit. I was originally going to go with a Nissan and then they did the bait and switch and I got a Toyota Camry. I do like my car but I was told I could make payments every two weeks to help make the payments easier. I gave everything to the dealership but then I get these calls at my new job they need my driver license which I have them and they made a copy or they will take the car back. Their hours are terrible. The website is horrible. The sales price was 16218. I paid 500 down and the amount financed was 17099.44. No one will tell me why my term is 66 months and I am already not happy. My first payment will be late and I really don't care. I am totally in for a class action suit. What a joke.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I purchased a 2009 Nissan Sentra in November 2011 after a meeting of my creditors for a bankruptcy. Okay, so of course, I expected a high interest rate, but what I received was Prestige Financial Services. I'm being totally honest, I may have made a few payments late, but not enough to still owe $10,917.42 for a 2009 vehicle. I, like everyone else, do not feel I deserve this type of treatment from a finance co. (loan shark). My first payment I thought I had a grace period but I guess not, supposedly a collections manager (Aaron?) was placed on the line with me and informed me if I have to sell something I need to make my payment and that late payments were charged at $10 per day.

Fast forward to 2016, I want to trade in my vehicle and buy something more to my liking than what the dealership thought I needed. My loan manager, Cassie, I actually like her. She doesn't do the aggressive intimidation or name-calling, she just does her job. My loan manager before Cassie, I would have loved to strangle her in her sleep, she was so annoying. She wanted to me sale my Christmas presents one year to pay my car payment, I had to give her a few choice words before hanging up on her and receiving a text from her stating she would contact my neighbors to see if the vehicle was in my driveway. Really??!! If you know my neighbors then you should have called one of them first before contacting me and being rude.

In my opinion these car lots should provide straightforward information about Prestige before you sign on the dotted line. I'm not happy about any parts of this situation. I actually thought by the end of 2017 I would have this vehicle paid off. I pay $440.00 a month on a 6 year contract. This should be paid off December 2017, but NO because Prestige has charged interest on top of interest. BBB here I come and if anyone is going forward with a class action suit please contact me.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

This company is the worst. I have never had to deal with such rude unprofessional people in my life. They try and talk to you like dirt. If you let them they so called working with you, programs there is none, even the managers are rude, even the so called ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (LOL). He's the worst vice president of anything in the United States of America. They don't wanna take your money, they want you to pay them how they want you to like they run your bank account. This place is a joke. I would walk or take the bus which I have never done in my life before. I do business with them again I refuse to be treated and talked to like I'm some bumb on the street like I'm not a human being. Prestige Financial is the worst????

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I have a car through Prestige Financial. They have messed up my account numerous times. They have double charged me causing overdraft fees at my bank. One I was in another state and because of how my paychecks were coming in they were supposed to do half my payment a week before it was due and the other half the day it was due but the lady charged the full amount the week before it was due and said oops she didn't mean to, this caused me to be stuck in Vermont an extra week and got me fired from my job because I couldn't get to the airport. My grandfather was about to pass away and he couldn't drive me to the airport and she over drafted my account so I couldn't take the taxi to the airport.

I used my dad's card 1 time and told her it was a 1 time only and then the next month she automatically charged his card without verifying it with me and it over drafted his account, and I had already used a checking account to make the payment but she didn't look at the pending transactions on my account before charging his card. And this is just a few things they have done. So at one point I had lost my job and one of the other guys who runs my account asked me if I wanted to change my due date because I asked to make a payment arrangement, I said no so he said I could have a deferment and skip 1 payment so I said, "Great that works." A week later he texted me and said, "Sorry I can't do the deferment so you're now a week late and need to figure out how to come up with it."

I never asked him to do it. He offered it and it really screwed me. Then I said I need time to come up with the money because I didn't think I had to pay it, so what's he do, he went and changed my due date which can only be done once so I can't change it back. I can't come up with rent and a car payment on the 1st and the 4th. I needed them spread out more. So now that they cost me my job and changed my due date my payment is late every month. It's due the 4th. I can't pay till the 20th. I've never been 30 days late and they still call, text and email me every single day even though I tell them I can't pay till the 20th every month. The messages are getting more and more rude. One time a message said, "Nicole, why do you have such a hard time doing something so easy? Is it really that hard to catch on for you?"

And I had surgery few weeks ago and been having major complications since so I don't respond to every text literally every day so they sent the email below. And the whole I have 1 more check this month thing, umm I told them 6 months ago I no longer have a job because they got me fired. "Shortly you will get your last paycheck you get for the month, are you planning to use it to make your past due payment? Since I have not heard from you, I am only left to assume you do not want to resolve this. It is your decision if you want this loan to work for you and build your credit or against you. Unless I hear from you, I will take your no contact as you do not plan to make the payment for this car and I will let management know your decision. It is not fair to the people around you, that soon we have to call them daily because you won't communicate. AMANDA @ Prestige."

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I've dealt with this company since February 2014 and has never gone over 30 past due. The month that I call to see if I could make arrangements due to my husband being off work with an injury, I encountered the most nasty collector ever. She stated she would not work with me, sent emails taunting me with the subject line "are you giving up" then asked me if my husband know what position I'm putting him in by being late. If she would have listened with compassion the first time, he was the reason the payment was late, but she only wanted money.

I made one payment that day, then she asked for the next payment. I stated 2 weeks because rent was due on the next one, she says "no, can't take a payment into another month", I knew she could because I work for an auto finance company and she was just trying to get her bonus. She then agrees to take it after I told her that. Then she tries to belittle me by saying Prestige was the only company willing to give me a loan because no one else would finance me. I advised she was a lie because 2 different companies financed me that day. She, of course switched subject and stated nevertheless, I needed to make a payment and she locked me out of the online payment system so that she could control the payment. I asked to speak with a manager. She left me on hold for about 7 minutes then stated there not one around.

Prestige Financial Services Company Information