1.80/5

Looking for a loan company?

Salt Lake City, UT

Looking for a loan company?

198 Prestige Financial Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

My experience with Prestige has been nothing except AMAZING. My Account Manager is Whitney and she went above and beyond customer service. It is very important payments are made on time and if that happens there should never be a problem. Things do come up and they understand, but don't make it a norm or you will have issues.

Original review: July 22, 2019

They're a company for someone trying to rebuild their credit. So I guess a loan is better than no loan. Interest rates are high, but decrease over time. The company is meant for someone to refinance at a better time.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I got a car loan through them in 2013, and it was a six year term. Of course the interest rate was astronomical because my credit was in the crapper. Never once did I ever have a problem with them. There were so many times that I would call them and change the date of my automatic withdrawal and they always did it without an issue. Not once did I ever have anyone be rude to me. Over the course of my loan, I qualified for interest rate drops. It wasn't a lot--like a quarter of a percent, but every bit helped. My loan was supposed to end in July of this year, but thanks to those rate drops it actually meant that I paid my car off in February of this year. I'm really shocked at some of these reviews because that was not my experience at all.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I was approved for a car loan with Prestige in December of 2018. They were really good with initial communication, were courteous of the fact that I worked full time and had limited availability to converse throughout the day, and they processed my documentation quickly. I was in the process of rebuilding my credit when I purchased my vehicle so I knew that my interest rates would be high. I've now made 4 payments of $280.00 towards my loan, and only $400.00 has been applied to the principal, but I also realize that most initial payments go towards interest and not the principal balance. I haven't experienced any harassing phone calls, text messages, or emails, and have seen exponential growth in my credit score since opening my account with them.

I truly believe that this company isn't how to hurt people like so many of these reviews lead others to believe. I've made all my payments on time, enrolled in their rate deduction program (which over time lowers the amount of money I'll pay back in interest), and have had respectful interactions with their customer service when I contacted them regarding questions about my loan. If you uphold your end of the loan agreement, they're a great company to do business with.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

My expericence with Prestige has been simply a blessing! After a bankruptcy this company took a chance on me and financed my new/used car. In the beginning, I did get many text messages, phone calls and emails about my upcoming montly payment. All I did was call and spoke to a representative to ask for less "reminders." She explained that this was done because others like all of the reminders, but definitely would stop all of the reminders to me... and they did stop. Every time I would call with any question the representative was knowledgeable and nice.

About 9 months into my loan payments I needed to put that month's payment on the end of the loan. I was not granted that request, but they were able to work out that I pay half of my note for that month. That helped out tremendously with my financial situation at that time. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Prestige Financial. They trusted me to be able to make my payments on time and then to be helpful in the rebuilding of my credit. Recently, I was in an accident and my car was totalled! :-( In having to go find a new car I will ask the dealership if I can go through Prestige again. As I stated previously, this company took a chance on me and blessed my life!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Account Management "professionals" are not to be trusted at their word. They lied to me concerning an extension and my account never recovered. What's worse, when I called to voluntarily surrender the vehicle, they even lied to me about that. Months later, I still have possession of the car. Awful!

Original review: July 31, 2019

This company is absolutely unprofessional. They talk down to you as if we are beneath them. They constantly harass you and treat you less than a human being. Even when you are current on your payments they still send condescending emails and text and this company needs to be shut down. Melinda is my account manager and she have no ounce of customer service in her body. If there is anyone that is filing a class action lawsuit please let me know. They need to pay for the way they treat their customers and get shut down.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I cannot begin to give this company a rating. They are very rude and disrespectful. They harass you every day up until your payment is made. I lost my job and was still managing to make payments and some payments were not reported. I have had my vehicle for 2 years and only $600 has gone towards my $17k principal. I am currently looking into contacting an attorney. Something has to be done about this company.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I think everyone should find the big whigs on LinkedIn and let them know their representatives are rude are practicing illegally. The trainer Lindsey ** should be emailed on her LinkedIn every day from all the unhappy customers that pay her salary and let her know how it feels. People fall a few days behind sometimes. I was 21 days late and had been in contact with them and they are threatening me to lay right now! Even though I already have a scheduled payment for next week. They text me all day and don’t listen to a word I say. When I got angry and told them to check their records that I already had an arrangement with another person that text me they respond and call me rude and unprofessional. What kind of customer service is that! These people must really hate their lives that they think it’s ok to talk to people the way they do? I wonder if they had to have 800 credit scores to get their jobs? I doubt it.

Original review: June 26, 2019

My fiancé financed a car through them in 2015 after his bankruptcy. They started texting and calling him days before the payment was even due. For the past few years we have had some financial hardships and fell behind on payments. These people are the worst people I have ever dealt with and I am not even on the loan!! They email and harass me about the payments daily. The use scare tactics and threaten us literally everyday. I have worked in collections for years and know what they are doing is illegal. Just recently one of the best reps emailed me saying the Volkswagen is past due so what are we going to do about the payment on the GMC?! The Volkswagen is mine and not his. It is my loan thru a completely different company.

Those shady you know what’s pulled MY personal credit report! When I told her that was completely illegal and I was handing over all of her correspondence via email that she’s sent me including this to my attorney she acted like she meant to say GMC and accidentally put VW! I know she was lying! They only way she could have known that was pulling my credit which was actually wrong because it was not longer past due! I am in the middle of taking this to my attorney as I’m filing bankruptcy! Something needs to be done about these people! This is complete harassment and abuse! Beyond other things!

Prestige Financial Services Company Information