Salt Lake City, UT

1.4/5 (235 ratings)

About Prestige Financial Services

Prestige Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Purchased a car. They financed my loan. I fell behind. Cst hung up on my loan. I explained to them a date for payment thinking that it was an arrangement. They repossessed my car the day before I said I could pay then wanted me to pay all this extra money to get it back. I said they could keep the car. They were making it impossible to get the car back. Four months later they still haven’t sold my car. They are reporting to my credit late payments and the loan is still open because they haven’t sold my vehicle yet which is making it hard for me to purchase another car!! They are horrible. Don’t work with you. They have horrible attitudes and feel like they can talk to you any way!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Fresh out of Bankruptcy in December 2016 I left my local Ford dealership with a 2015 Ford Focus. The interest was high (16.75%) but who else would give me a car loan? Nobody. On 12/27/2022 I paid my loan off. A lot of life happened in those years. Lost jobs. Moved. Financial issues. You know what though? When I had a problem I called the customer service line and explained my predicament. Every single time they worked with me. EVERY single time. The rate reduction is real. You just have to meet the qualifications. One of them being on auto pay. I don't remember the other 2 things but they spell it out for you if you take 3 seconds to read it. My ending interest rate was 14.25%. I didn't meet the qualifications for a while.

Prestige is a company who primarily deals with bad credit car loans. That's a huge risk for them and I'm sure their repossession rate is sky high. Not their fault. If you don't pay your car note and don't communicate with them then they're going to take back their property. That's how things work in the adult world. Are they friendly? Not really. Are they helpful if you call them? Yes. If you have bad credit and they give you a car loan I suggest you make that bill one if your top 3 priorities because the other options are way worse. I got a 6 year loan and I paid it off in 6 years. I paid a ton in interest but you know what? That's life! My car is mine free and clear. Thanks Prestige for giving me a chance and working with me when life threw those low blows!

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Just like everyone else on here … I am stuck with a car that cannot be traded in or refinanced because after 5 YEARS ..I am being told I still owe almost 12K!!! I would just let them take it and be done with it…but I have learned that they will sue and STILL report your bad credit!! Even after they repossess the vehicle!!! Almost $500 a month for 5 years and it is still a nightmare!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

We recently traded in a ford on a new dodge truck. On the 31st of Oct. the dealership sent out a check for the pay off in the fire to Prestige. I called them in the 6th. They told me they hadn’t received the check. I checked the tracking number and it said that I had been delivered overnight fedex. And it had been received. The dealership of the new truck has proof the check has been cashed. When I called last week to check on the status I was told the tracking number was not valid and I lied about tracking the package. I have a screen shot showing I tracked it. Now they are sending emails and text messages about payment. It’s been paid in full. Proof is the cashed check and the tracking. This is a bull crap company. We have informed them that it has been paid and if they keep it up we will get a lawyer.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I have a vehicle that was financed by them. I made on time payments every month for 5 years straight. COVID hit and I lost my job, no to mention the death of my son and experienced illness myself. I was very communicative about everything. Fast forward to now. I am 3 payments behind. I informed them that I will make a payment in the full amount of past due total on July 1st, which is date of my first check with new job, literally 7 days from now. They repossessed the vehicle today without any warning as I was heading out to work. I called and asked what can I do to get vehicle back? They had no answers. She didn't know where vehicle the vehicle was, name of the repo company... NOTHING! And said she would call me back in 20 minutes. That was hours ago.

Please avoid this place. Save your money and buy a used car. The interest alone will kill you! The customer service is piss poor and it's unnecessary stress that you don't need. If I had done my research in the beginning about this company this could have been avoided. A loan with them is over 3 times the amount of value of the actual vehicle. It's not worth it!

Original review: June 3, 2022

April 2022 I notified PF that my account was not being reported to all 3 reporting agencies and the balances owed did not reflect the accurate balances. I was told it would be correct in 3 to 6 weeks. Faster forward a month my husband and I applied for financing to purchase a home. The bank informed us our car was reporting as repossessed then instructed us to get a verification of the repossession resolution letter and they would proceed with financing. I reached out to PF. They told me no one in the company could type a letter or verify that car was not in repossession, the the credit report department was notified.

Fast forward June 2022 my account has not been updated with the cred reporting agencies and when I ask about the balance owed on my account I was told the report a estimate of what I owe not the actual balance… Sounds life theft to me. Long story short my husband and I lost our dream home and we are still waiting on the credit reporting department as most of their consumers are according to most of the reviews I read. I even read a bad review from a dealership.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Bought a car in Feb 2018. Been paying nearly 4 years. Still owe over $14 grand. They claim over $11 grand went to interest. Roughly $141 monthly towards principal. How is this legal? They won't tell me how long we are stuck in the contract. It seems we are on the short end of the stick. The employees are horrible at responding to emails. They refuse to explain why we still owe so much. I wish we wouldn't have signed with Prestige. I have said nothing false.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Jessica. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Prestige never post my payment on time. Offer a rate reduction. I never received it. Please stay 100 feet away. Prestige is not reporting my my own time payment to the credit bureau. Calling customers service dealing with a Employee name Brooke. She beyond rude. Try to have a return call from management. That never happens!!! Horrible financial company.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Anita. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I purchased a car in early 2018 for a total loan of 23,000$. Due to the pandemic I fell behind. I called today to get my payoff and was told it was $17000 left so so in 3 years you mean to tell me I only paid $6000? Totally impossible. This is highway robbery. The BBB, Federal government need to get involved. I am definitely going to take legal action. Not only do they harass you they make it hard for those that are already in a bad situation.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Brandi. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Updated on 11/05/2021: I wrote a review of Prestige, on 2 websites. On both the reply I received is: Prestige Financial Services response, "Hi, Brandi. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at ** or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you." I contacted them from the BBB website, and they just responded to me with the same exact lame excuse as before. "It is Prestige policy not to report your good credit even after you reaffirmed your loan with us. We won't change our policy."

That means all my prior great credit history to Prestige, my continued great credit with Prestige during a bankruptcy, and my ongoing good credit after the bankruptcy will no longer be reported to any of the major credit reporting bureaus. That means for me that my credit rating will not get better because Prestige refuses to report my outstanding good credit to them. Bad policy, and hurts their customers.

Original Review: I have an auto loan with PRESTIGE. PRESTIGE use to report my credit history to the credit bureaus. I never missed or have been late on payments to PRESTIGE. In 2020 I filed bankruptcy. I reaffirmed with PRESTIGE. After my bankruptcy I have continued to make payments to Prestige. In 2021 I found out that PRESTIGE will not now report my payment history to the credit bureaus. I am continuing to honor this auto loan agreement with PRESTIGE by continuing to make every payment on time. PRESTIGE will no longer report to the credit bureaus my ongoing good payment history.

I was emailed by a specialist named Breanne that read: "Payments are still due on the account since you reaffirmed. However, they are not able to be reported. I understand this is frustrating, and I apologize for the inconvenience. This is the policy set by our Compliance department, and we are unable to go against this policy." This is a bad business practice for PRESTIGE customers!!!

Prestige Financial Services response

Hey, Darla, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. Please reach out to us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can talk!

Prestige Financial Services Company Information