Find a Loan Companies partner

3. Loan Companies

Salt Lake City, UT

1.4/5 (224 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Prestige Financial Services

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Prestige Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: March 23, 2021

I bought my car 5 years ago, I still owe more than half because when it came due time to make my payment I would pay after the due date causing my interest to be higher. I did not understand at the time when I bought my car for 18k that after that amount comes in the added interest making it significantly higher. If I was to redo my experience I would make my payments prior to the due date so by now it would be paid off. Often if you needed to defer a payment they let you, they work with you any month you're behind which has always been helpful in that moment. I would just make sure you handle finances well and understand how the system works.

Prestige Financial Services response

Thank you for this review, Amanda. We are happy to have been able to help you out and please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions on your account.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

This company is the absolute worst to ever deal with. I lost my job my home due to Covid and have been financially struggling ever since Covid. This is the only company who has been destroying my credit score by constantly reporting even though I had my cousin to take over the payments so that the car can be paid and he’s doing the absolute best with being back to work only part time. Prestige caused me to be depressed and stressed out. I am now on antidepressants due to them calling harassing it. It’s been a total nightmare. This is the worst financial company to ever deal with. Do not deal with them. They are horrible.

I expressed in this company that the car that I actually got from the dealership is not the same car that was on my contract and they did absolutely nothing and it’s been five years now. I’ve done everything that I possibly can do to keep this car paid and these people they just make it hard. It’s like they want to absolutely make Life miserable. Not understanding they would not even do a payment deferment or anything during Covid. I would strongly encourage anyone who who are thinking of using this company to finance a car do not do it.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I had fair credit and traded in a vehicle that was almost paid off. The dealership recommended Prestige. My fault, I should have done research. I get texts and calls daily, before my payment is even due every single month! Read that again, before I am even due! How can a company be allowed to harass you like this? I can't wait to get this loan paid off so it can be over.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I used this company to purchase a vehicle. Their interest rates are insane. $24k for a car worth $4-$5k. I definitely know better now. I began an interest free payment plan to pay off this debt. However, I got my balance down to under $4k and then the pandemic hit. I lost my job and have been unable to pay. These folks are suing me for almost $10k. I'm ready for my day in court. They have received well over the amount for this vehicle. I hope the judge really dismisses the entire case. These people are vultures that prey on people.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Prestige Financial will purposely create suffering in your life to satisfy their own need for vindication. After losing my job etc my car was repossessed. No big deal, things happen. I've paid everything and provided all documentation and still can't even find out where to get my belongings let alone the car that I've paid to get back. My kid can't even get his 2nd vaccination without his card and these guys do. Not. Care. 0/10 do not recommend.

Original review: April 16, 2021

In October 2021, I found a car after filing bankruptcy due to being in two bad car accidents back to back. The dealership assured me I had a great deal with a great company regarding a 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport AWD. I was financing just under $20,000. I'm a 100% disables service connected veteran who gets my VA benefits deposited once a month on the 1st. Over the six months I've had this car, I've had zero luck getting the due date changed yet I've made every payment within the grace period.

Upon finding out my interest rate is 23.2% and that my balance six months is is $25,900 and I'd have paid over double if I stick with this loan. I began doing research and asking rate to be lowered. "Kathryn" who seems to be the person who addresses everyone's issues only cares about and represents this predatory lender's best interests, not the consumer. Communication with her proved this. Furthermore, this car is turning out to be a lemon with issues that neither Prestige or the dealer care to help fix. I've filed a complaint with BBB, with CFPB and with my state's AG. If you type in Prestige Financial into Google search, you'll find hundreds and hundreds of people who this company is harming with their predatory lending and illegal practices. Santander who is the same way, just lost a huge lawsuit and is paying out billions to people they screwed over.

Personally, I feel Prestige should be next on the chopping block. Their rates are illegal Usury Rates. They're practices are illegal and "Kathryn" who they have call to clean up any complaints does not care and will attempt to turn things around to place the blame on you. I've asked that my contract be canceled citing predatory lending and lemon laws. Kathryn tried to tell me I can't do that, but in all honesty I can. It's called a voluntary repossession. I don't want to go that route, but if I do I'd have all the documentation regarding all the avenues I've taken. That way if they try to sue for any balance owed Id have documentation to cover my butt. I'm honestly hoping enough people get other to sue them, the way Santander was sued. Lenders like Prestige and Santander need to be reported and held accountable for their predatory lending and illegal practices.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Lottie. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Me and my husband went to Lithia Spring Nissan to purchase at a 2019 Nissan Rogue. We purchase it on February 13th 2021. We left there everything was fine. Prestige Finance called two weeks later to complete the process. It has been over a month since I had the first conversation with Michelle. She told me I had to get another insurance company. I did that. Verify employment. I did that. Got a letter from employee I did that. Fax bank statement. After they still refuse to finance the car after 30-plus days. I will be going to every social media account. Every news media. I fill up the form the very first conversation she had formed that opinion about me.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Karen - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: March 11, 2021

I went to purchase a vehicle after a bankruptcy and Prestige was holding my car loan. After two years of paying over $400 per month I called asking for my payout, the Rep told me at that time that I was still paying on the interest and that I hadn’t paid anything toward the principal. And I even asked to be refinanced at a lower interest rate so that my car payments would be lower but was told that I couldn’t refinance. I then emptied the car and I told them to pick it up, the car was voluntarily repossessed but they have been still reporting it to my credit as if I still have it for just about the same amount as my original loan.

Now they are suing me in civil court. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone and to be honest with all of the bad reviews I’m seeing I wish there was a lawsuit against them for ripping off people who are only trying to get a fresh start. Prestige is not helping anyone but themselves and they prey on low income people, and people with less than perfect credit.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Tina - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

This auto financing company is the worst company with a very high interest rate. Very bad customer service. They like to sue people especially when they having hard times and they can't afford the vehicle anymore. You call them and you tell them you having difficulties they continue to keep harassing you. Calling you. Now they want to sue you for the remaining balance. Don't even realize people I have having trouble and struggling. I would never ever recommend this company to anyone. Watch out if the finance manager says the company name Prestige Financial. Run. Tell them you don't want that vehicle.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Anthon. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Prestige Financial Services are the greediest people I have ever dealt with. I filed bankruptcy in 2009 and never established credit. I needed a reliable car and was leery because of the interest rate. I really was stuck and here I am 4 years later in 2020 and I still owe half of what my loan was even worth. My total loan was supposed to be $24,000. $17,000 later I asked how much I owe, because I'm tired of the harassment every single month. They send me my payoff; I still owe $12,000. I believe $17,000 + $12,000 is $29,000 correct me if I'm wrong. I feel like I am being raped with interest and on top of that they don't offer refinance. I am stuck in this loan because I can't even trade it in. I owe too much and it's been four years. It was supposed to be a six-year loan, and Jessica said that I have another 36 months to go.

I have never dealt with a company like this. This is absurd and it's unethical. What this company does to people that have no credit or bad credit should be illegal. And they don't care about your circumstances at all. They only want your money. Oh and I forgot to mention 6 months after I bought the car.... I didn't want the car anymore, I know I signed a contract but the guy told me, I think his name was Jason.... Told me that I have 3 months to not make a payment during the whole time of my loan and it wouldn't go towards my credit report...

He gave me that option to decide whether or not I wanted to keep the car or sell it, and mind you at this time I only owed $12,000, when I checked my credit report 6 months later there was so many late points from prestige. They lie to you. I don't know how they can get away with it but like I said it should be illegal they are a bunch of greedy, scammers. While us who live in the real world are being a taken advantage of by this company. Worst mistake ever. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth to ever get another car loan. Lesson learned!

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Keri - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

First off, just like everyone else, I fell into a financial issue where I filed for bankruptcy. My car I had engine went out so I was forced to find a company to approve an auto loan in my circumstances. This company approved me. I was leery because of the interest rate and the past issues I was having, but unfortunately I needed a car. So I signed the contract! The worst decision I ever made. This company harasses you before your car note is due. They will continue harassing you until the payment is made. They don’t care about any circumstances that may accuse. There is a whole pandemic going on and they do not give a damn.

I have asked them to quit harassing me, and I was sent an email stating they was going to take the money out the account I used previously! I’m like, "How are you going to do anything I didn’t authorize!" This is far the worst company I have ever did business with! Stay far away from this company! I have thought about turning this company in as by law they aren’t suppose to harass anybody.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Mahogany - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Prestige Financial Services Company Information