2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Salt Lake City, UT

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.41/5

Prestige Financial Services Reviews

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I've had no problems with this company. Had the loan for about 2 years now and have not yet paid my car note late. Even when I did have a financial difficulty due to my husband's company being on strike they helped us out with lots of options and credits without it negatively affecting our credit. We can see our principal balance decreasing and it's a positive effect on our credit. Prestige has been good to us and I can't complain. Although I wish they did refinancing but other than that we've had no problems at all. All the representatives, including our personal representative that's assigned to our account have been nothing short of pleasant and respectful. I've never had long wait times, although I rarely have to call them but when I do there are no complaints. We pay on time every month so it's really nothing we can complain about anyway.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have had absolutely 0 issues with this company. Pay your bill on time every time and they'll never bother you. There is NO grace period and they charge high late fees so absolutely do not pay late. I have paid on time since October of 2019 and principal is already being repaid. I got their lowest interest because I make more money than most with $0 down. I had to file CH 7 after having and illness that buried me financially. They helped me get a new car and took the risk and for that I'm grateful. This company also lets you change your due date, extra interest is charged for the gap in between but a nice account feature to have when you need to balance out some bills.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I have been with Prestige Financial company for a year. They have been great. When I needed to move my payment around they accommodated me. When I need to pay a lesser amount one month they accommodated as well. I would highly recommend this company to someone looking to start over.

Original review: July 26, 2019

My experience with Prestige has been nothing except AMAZING. My Account Manager is Whitney and she went above and beyond customer service. It is very important payments are made on time and if that happens there should never be a problem. Things do come up and they understand, but don't make it a norm or you will have issues.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I got a car loan through them in 2013, and it was a six year term. Of course the interest rate was astronomical because my credit was in the crapper. Never once did I ever have a problem with them. There were so many times that I would call them and change the date of my automatic withdrawal and they always did it without an issue. Not once did I ever have anyone be rude to me. Over the course of my loan, I qualified for interest rate drops. It wasn't a lot--like a quarter of a percent, but every bit helped. My loan was supposed to end in July of this year, but thanks to those rate drops it actually meant that I paid my car off in February of this year. I'm really shocked at some of these reviews because that was not my experience at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: April 29, 2020

I understand that this is a second chance finance company but, if this were the last chance finance, I would run with gasoline socks on. First, they harass you for your payment before it is due to sending harassing text messages (unprofessional) even when you ask them to call to communicate. After paying for so long, I started to notice the balance would go up then down. Hence, I started making copies of the balance owed after each payment.

However, I get down to my last amount, and the account dashboard shows one amount left. I paid for it. Unfortunately, two days later, it pops up I still owe $6.46, so I paid it., However, four days later, I receive a text message from one of their representatives saying I owe $466.00. However, my balance still shows zero on my account dashboard. I'm quite sure I'm not the first person they have done this to, and they try to make justification of ripping someone off that is how many of these second-hand finance companies stay in business ripping people off.

Original review: April 23, 2020

This company's interest rate is extremely high. I just realize that my payments are going only towards my interest. I called and asked if I could make additional payments towards my principal amount and was told no. That it will go towards the interest. This really does suck. This is by far the worst experience ever. I have only been in the car since October 2019. My payments are $665 per month. I made a huge mistake.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Auto loan regret. My husband is out of work due to the covid-19 pandemic so we fell behind. Ashley keeps texting, calling, and emailing asking when we will have money. We informed her several times that neither of us are working right now, so she texted back "what about unemployment, or are you expecting a stimulus check?" I understand they're a business and all, but considering everything that's going on right now, where's the tact? Or compassion? Seriously, all this company cares about is money.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Make my monthly payments every 2 weeks to pay down the loan. Every 2 weeks for close to 3 years now. Laid off due to COVID-19. Called in and spoke with my account specialist only to be told all we can do is reduce your payment during this time and that a vehicle is not essential to life. Also they would still report to the credit bureau and repo my vehicle regardless. Mind you I just told her I wasn't working period. 0 income for the last 2 weeks. She was very insensitive and could care less. Terrible customer service. I blame upper management for being insensitive and hiding while the frontline employee working "from home" have to relay their message. First time ever writing a review on any company. Worse interaction I've had with any company. Every other company essential to my life has options to help during this time but not them. Greed at it's finest.

Original review: March 26, 2020

This company provides loans to people with poor credit. They take advantage of that with extremely high interest and a loan you will never get out of. They provide very poor customer service and will not work with you. I have had my loan for 4 years and they won't cut you a break at all. Don't matter if you make your payments on time. You have been warned of this place.

Prestige Financial Services Company Information