2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Salt Lake City, UT

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.40/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Prestige Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

First off, just like everyone else, I fell into a financial issue where I filed for bankruptcy. My car I had engine went out so I was forced to find a company to approve an auto loan in my circumstances. This company approved me. I was leery because of the interest rate and the past issues I was having, but unfortunately I needed a car. So I signed the contract! The worst decision I ever made. This company harasses you before your car note is due. They will continue harassing you until the payment is made. They don’t care about any circumstances that may accuse. There is a whole pandemic going on and they do not give a damn.

I have asked them to quit harassing me, and I was sent an email stating they was going to take the money out the account I used previously! I’m like, "How are you going to do anything I didn’t authorize!" This is far the worst company I have ever did business with! Stay far away from this company! I have thought about turning this company in as by law they aren’t suppose to harass anybody.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Mahogany - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I was trying to pay my bill and I dialed a number that is on the Prestige account statement that was sent to me in the mail 888-844-7422 that is different from their customer service which is 888-822-7422. I did not finish the transaction. The call was very odd and I would not recommend anyone using that number. Call the number in your account statement box. Stay away from 844-7422.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Billy. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I understand that this is a second chance finance company but, if this were the last chance finance, I would run with gasoline socks on. First, they harass you for your payment before it is due to sending harassing text messages (unprofessional) even when you ask them to call to communicate. After paying for so long, I started to notice the balance would go up then down. Hence, I started making copies of the balance owed after each payment.

However, I get down to my last amount, and the account dashboard shows one amount left. I paid for it. Unfortunately, two days later, it pops up I still owe $6.46, so I paid it., However, four days later, I receive a text message from one of their representatives saying I owe $466.00. However, my balance still shows zero on my account dashboard. I'm quite sure I'm not the first person they have done this to, and they try to make justification of ripping someone off that is how many of these second-hand finance companies stay in business ripping people off.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hey, Cheryl, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. Please reach out to us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can talk!

Original review: April 23, 2020

This company's interest rate is extremely high. I just realize that my payments are going only towards my interest. I called and asked if I could make additional payments towards my principal amount and was told no. That it will go towards the interest. This really does suck. This is by far the worst experience ever. I have only been in the car since October 2019. My payments are $665 per month. I made a huge mistake.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Shunya - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: April 9, 2020

Auto loan regret. My husband is out of work due to the covid-19 pandemic so we fell behind. Ashley keeps texting, calling, and emailing asking when we will have money. We informed her several times that neither of us are working right now, so she texted back "what about unemployment, or are you expecting a stimulus check?" I understand they're a business and all, but considering everything that's going on right now, where's the tact? Or compassion? Seriously, all this company cares about is money.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Misty. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Make my monthly payments every 2 weeks to pay down the loan. Every 2 weeks for close to 3 years now. Laid off due to COVID-19. Called in and spoke with my account specialist only to be told all we can do is reduce your payment during this time and that a vehicle is not essential to life. Also they would still report to the credit bureau and repo my vehicle regardless. Mind you I just told her I wasn't working period. 0 income for the last 2 weeks. She was very insensitive and could care less. Terrible customer service. I blame upper management for being insensitive and hiding while the frontline employee working "from home" have to relay their message. First time ever writing a review on any company. Worse interaction I've had with any company. Every other company essential to my life has options to help during this time but not them. Greed at it's finest.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello B - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: March 26, 2020

This company provides loans to people with poor credit. They take advantage of that with extremely high interest and a loan you will never get out of. They provide very poor customer service and will not work with you. I have had my loan for 4 years and they won't cut you a break at all. Don't matter if you make your payments on time. You have been warned of this place.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Please Stay away from this company unless you would like to sign your life away.... All these people do is harass you for a living. Even if you're making your payments on time they still harass you.... And don't be going through a rough time. They will treat you like you are trash, and on top on that you will be paying on your car for the rest of your life and that's no lie, I have had my car for almost 6 years and I am nowhere near close to paying it off, I'm looking right now into getting another car. Please stay away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I had to file bankruptcy after a terrible divorce and they were all too happy to give me a loan. I knew the interest would be high but I needed a car. After having it for about 3.5 years I was put in the hospital at the end of the year and had no vacation time left at my employer and got behind on a few things and they were willing to work with me and put the 2 payments I owed at the end of the loan (but late fees would still apply) as long as I post dated the next 5 months of payments. I agreed. Then my employer changed our pay dates from Wednesday to Friday and I emailed my rep Michelle (that's how we had been communicating) to ask her to change the next 3 pay dates to the Friday dates that were only 2 days later.

I was off work for a few days and came back to an email from her basically confirming the email I sent her. That following Wednesday they deducted the payment anyway and then while I was out, they had my car repossessed. I called the next day and she said that b/c I didn't reply to the email and confirm AGAIN what I told her that I defaulted on my payment arrangement and they had the right to repossess my car even though THEY WERE PAID the payment as originally agreed. Since then they've sued me and I owed them over $11,000 on a car that I had purchased 5 years ago at this point for $15,000 and they even acknowledge that my car payment was made the same day it was repossessed. I DO NOT RECOMMEND EVER USING THIS COMPANY. Go to JDByrider if you're in need of help with a car loan with credit issues. I used them afterwards and they are upfront, legit and truly do want to help you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I've had no problems with this company. Had the loan for about 2 years now and have not yet paid my car note late. Even when I did have a financial difficulty due to my husband's company being on strike they helped us out with lots of options and credits without it negatively affecting our credit. We can see our principal balance decreasing and it's a positive effect on our credit. Prestige has been good to us and I can't complain. Although I wish they did refinancing but other than that we've had no problems at all. All the representatives, including our personal representative that's assigned to our account have been nothing short of pleasant and respectful. I've never had long wait times, although I rarely have to call them but when I do there are no complaints. We pay on time every month so it's really nothing we can complain about anyway.

Prestige Financial Services Company Information