2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Salt Lake City, UT

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.41/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Prestige Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: March 23, 2021

I bought my car 5 years ago, I still owe more than half because when it came due time to make my payment I would pay after the due date causing my interest to be higher. I did not understand at the time when I bought my car for 18k that after that amount comes in the added interest making it significantly higher. If I was to redo my experience I would make my payments prior to the due date so by now it would be paid off. Often if you needed to defer a payment they let you, they work with you any month you're behind which has always been helpful in that moment. I would just make sure you handle finances well and understand how the system works.

Prestige Financial Services response

Thank you for this review, Amanda. We are happy to have been able to help you out and please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions on your account.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Me and my husband went to Lithia Spring Nissan to purchase at a 2019 Nissan Rogue. We purchase it on February 13th 2021. We left there everything was fine. Prestige Finance called two weeks later to complete the process. It has been over a month since I had the first conversation with Michelle. She told me I had to get another insurance company. I did that. Verify employment. I did that. Got a letter from employee I did that. Fax bank statement. After they still refuse to finance the car after 30-plus days. I will be going to every social media account. Every news media. I fill up the form the very first conversation she had formed that opinion about me.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Karen - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 11, 2021

I went to purchase a vehicle after a bankruptcy and Prestige was holding my car loan. After two years of paying over $400 per month I called asking for my payout, the Rep told me at that time that I was still paying on the interest and that I hadn’t paid anything toward the principal. And I even asked to be refinanced at a lower interest rate so that my car payments would be lower but was told that I couldn’t refinance. I then emptied the car and I told them to pick it up, the car was voluntarily repossessed but they have been still reporting it to my credit as if I still have it for just about the same amount as my original loan.

Now they are suing me in civil court. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone and to be honest with all of the bad reviews I’m seeing I wish there was a lawsuit against them for ripping off people who are only trying to get a fresh start. Prestige is not helping anyone but themselves and they prey on low income people, and people with less than perfect credit.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Tina - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

This auto financing company is the worst company with a very high interest rate. Very bad customer service. They like to sue people especially when they having hard times and they can't afford the vehicle anymore. You call them and you tell them you having difficulties they continue to keep harassing you. Calling you. Now they want to sue you for the remaining balance. Don't even realize people I have having trouble and struggling. I would never ever recommend this company to anyone. Watch out if the finance manager says the company name Prestige Financial. Run. Tell them you don't want that vehicle.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Anthon. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Prestige Financial Services are the greediest people I have ever dealt with. I filed bankruptcy in 2009 and never established credit. I needed a reliable car and was leery because of the interest rate. I really was stuck and here I am 4 years later in 2020 and I still owe half of what my loan was even worth. My total loan was supposed to be $24,000. $17,000 later I asked how much I owe, because I'm tired of the harassment every single month. They send me my payoff; I still owe $12,000. I believe $17,000 + $12,000 is $29,000 correct me if I'm wrong. I feel like I am being raped with interest and on top of that they don't offer refinance. I am stuck in this loan because I can't even trade it in. I owe too much and it's been four years. It was supposed to be a six-year loan, and Jessica said that I have another 36 months to go.

I have never dealt with a company like this. This is absurd and it's unethical. What this company does to people that have no credit or bad credit should be illegal. And they don't care about your circumstances at all. They only want your money. Oh and I forgot to mention 6 months after I bought the car.... I didn't want the car anymore, I know I signed a contract but the guy told me, I think his name was Jason.... Told me that I have 3 months to not make a payment during the whole time of my loan and it wouldn't go towards my credit report...

He gave me that option to decide whether or not I wanted to keep the car or sell it, and mind you at this time I only owed $12,000, when I checked my credit report 6 months later there was so many late points from prestige. They lie to you. I don't know how they can get away with it but like I said it should be illegal they are a bunch of greedy, scammers. While us who live in the real world are being a taken advantage of by this company. Worst mistake ever. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth to ever get another car loan. Lesson learned!

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Keri - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

First off, just like everyone else, I fell into a financial issue where I filed for bankruptcy. My car I had engine went out so I was forced to find a company to approve an auto loan in my circumstances. This company approved me. I was leery because of the interest rate and the past issues I was having, but unfortunately I needed a car. So I signed the contract! The worst decision I ever made. This company harasses you before your car note is due. They will continue harassing you until the payment is made. They don’t care about any circumstances that may accuse. There is a whole pandemic going on and they do not give a damn.

I have asked them to quit harassing me, and I was sent an email stating they was going to take the money out the account I used previously! I’m like, "How are you going to do anything I didn’t authorize!" This is far the worst company I have ever did business with! Stay far away from this company! I have thought about turning this company in as by law they aren’t suppose to harass anybody.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Mahogany - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I was trying to pay my bill and I dialed a number that is on the Prestige account statement that was sent to me in the mail 888-844-7422 that is different from their customer service which is 888-822-7422. I did not finish the transaction. The call was very odd and I would not recommend anyone using that number. Call the number in your account statement box. Stay away from 844-7422.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Billy. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I understand that this is a second chance finance company but, if this were the last chance finance, I would run with gasoline socks on. First, they harass you for your payment before it is due to sending harassing text messages (unprofessional) even when you ask them to call to communicate. After paying for so long, I started to notice the balance would go up then down. Hence, I started making copies of the balance owed after each payment.

However, I get down to my last amount, and the account dashboard shows one amount left. I paid for it. Unfortunately, two days later, it pops up I still owe $6.46, so I paid it., However, four days later, I receive a text message from one of their representatives saying I owe $466.00. However, my balance still shows zero on my account dashboard. I'm quite sure I'm not the first person they have done this to, and they try to make justification of ripping someone off that is how many of these second-hand finance companies stay in business ripping people off.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hey, Cheryl, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. Please reach out to us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can talk!

Original review: April 23, 2020

This company's interest rate is extremely high. I just realize that my payments are going only towards my interest. I called and asked if I could make additional payments towards my principal amount and was told no. That it will go towards the interest. This really does suck. This is by far the worst experience ever. I have only been in the car since October 2019. My payments are $665 per month. I made a huge mistake.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Shunya - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: April 9, 2020

Auto loan regret. My husband is out of work due to the covid-19 pandemic so we fell behind. Ashley keeps texting, calling, and emailing asking when we will have money. We informed her several times that neither of us are working right now, so she texted back "what about unemployment, or are you expecting a stimulus check?" I understand they're a business and all, but considering everything that's going on right now, where's the tact? Or compassion? Seriously, all this company cares about is money.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Misty. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Prestige Financial Services Company Information