Prestige Financial Services

Salt Lake City, UT

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company is the worst. I have never had to deal with such rude unprofessional people in my life. They try and talk to you like dirt. If you let them they so called working with you, programs there is none, even the managers are rude, even the so called ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (LOL). He's the worst vice president of anything in the United States of America. They don't wanna take your money, they want you to pay them how they want you to like they run your bank account. This place is a joke. I would walk or take the bus which I have never done in my life before. I do business with them again I refuse to be treated and talked to like I'm some bumb on the street like I'm not a human being. Prestige Financial is the worst????

I have a car through Prestige Financial. They have messed up my account numerous times. They have double charged me causing overdraft fees at my bank. One I was in another state and because of how my paychecks were coming in they were supposed to do half my payment a week before it was due and the other half the day it was due but the lady charged the full amount the week before it was due and said oops she didn't mean to, this caused me to be stuck in Vermont an extra week and got me fired from my job because I couldn't get to the airport. My grandfather was about to pass away and he couldn't drive me to the airport and she over drafted my account so I couldn't take the taxi to the airport.

I used my dad's card 1 time and told her it was a 1 time only and then the next month she automatically charged his card without verifying it with me and it over drafted his account, and I had already used a checking account to make the payment but she didn't look at the pending transactions on my account before charging his card. And this is just a few things they have done. So at one point I had lost my job and one of the other guys who runs my account asked me if I wanted to change my due date because I asked to make a payment arrangement, I said no so he said I could have a deferment and skip 1 payment so I said, "Great that works." A week later he texted me and said, "Sorry I can't do the deferment so you're now a week late and need to figure out how to come up with it."

I never asked him to do it. He offered it and it really screwed me. Then I said I need time to come up with the money because I didn't think I had to pay it, so what's he do, he went and changed my due date which can only be done once so I can't change it back. I can't come up with rent and a car payment on the 1st and the 4th. I needed them spread out more. So now that they cost me my job and changed my due date my payment is late every month. It's due the 4th. I can't pay till the 20th. I've never been 30 days late and they still call, text and email me every single day even though I tell them I can't pay till the 20th every month. The messages are getting more and more rude. One time a message said, "Nicole, why do you have such a hard time doing something so easy? Is it really that hard to catch on for you?"

And I had surgery few weeks ago and been having major complications since so I don't respond to every text literally every day so they sent the email below. And the whole I have 1 more check this month thing, umm I told them 6 months ago I no longer have a job because they got me fired. "Shortly you will get your last paycheck you get for the month, are you planning to use it to make your past due payment? Since I have not heard from you, I am only left to assume you do not want to resolve this. It is your decision if you want this loan to work for you and build your credit or against you. Unless I hear from you, I will take your no contact as you do not plan to make the payment for this car and I will let management know your decision. It is not fair to the people around you, that soon we have to call them daily because you won't communicate. AMANDA @ Prestige."

I've dealt with this company since February 2014 and has never gone over 30 past due. The month that I call to see if I could make arrangements due to my husband being off work with an injury, I encountered the most nasty collector ever. She stated she would not work with me, sent emails taunting me with the subject line "are you giving up" then asked me if my husband know what position I'm putting him in by being late. If she would have listened with compassion the first time, he was the reason the payment was late, but she only wanted money.

I made one payment that day, then she asked for the next payment. I stated 2 weeks because rent was due on the next one, she says "no, can't take a payment into another month", I knew she could because I work for an auto finance company and she was just trying to get her bonus. She then agrees to take it after I told her that. Then she tries to belittle me by saying Prestige was the only company willing to give me a loan because no one else would finance me. I advised she was a lie because 2 different companies financed me that day. She, of course switched subject and stated nevertheless, I needed to make a payment and she locked me out of the online payment system so that she could control the payment. I asked to speak with a manager. She left me on hold for about 7 minutes then stated there not one around.

My complaint is with Prestige Financial Services. This company has displayed poor business tactics since day one of me purchasing this vehicle. I have called them and sent a follow-up email to the person who is supposed to be my account manager on Oct. 20 and twice on Oct. 26. I have asked them to pick this vehicle up since Oct. 20, 2016. First I was told by Keith ** (whom is my account manager) on Oct. 20th that I have to wait until the first week of November for them to pick this vehicle up. I advised him that timeframe is not within reason and he insisted the account is not over 30 days past due, and they will not be picking up before then. I advised I am aware I placed a Do Not Call on my account however I am allowing calls in regards to this agent picking up the vehicle. Even with DNC, this company still can send correspondence.

I never heard from Prestige Financial. I called again on October 26 and spoke to a female who was very rude and arrogant. She advised me I will have to wait 2 months for them to pick up this vehicle as the account has to display a long period of delinquency. I told her that is too long and unreasonable for you to expect someone to hold this vehicle storage. I advised her my apartment complex will be looking to tow this vehicle as it is no longer the vehicle I am using as I reported a voluntary repossession to them on Oct. 20, 2016. She said my reason for wanting to give the vehicle back is not good enough, and I am to make sure the vehicle stays safe and covered by my insurance until 2 months or more for them to pick it up.

She also stated they only pick up cars during certain times and I will have to wait it out as they also want months reported as not paying, and they have to locate a repo agent. I told her I live in the city of Dallas and I know for a fact that repo agents are not hard to locate, and they are more than willing to pick up vehicles within 72 hours notice. I also advise her that I am not going to continue to pay insurance on a vehicle that I do not intend to keep as they are causing their own delay for picking it up. She basically told me she doesn't care and I have to wait for over 2 months. In the meantime, I am getting calls from my apartment manager that this vehicle has to be moved.

My car payment was due on 10/24/16 and this company has made it clear that they intentionally want to harm my credit more by reporting this vehicle more than 30 days late out of spite. Yes, I know my credit will be affected by the deficiency balance left over after sale. However, reporting me more than 30 days past due should not be done since they want to take their sweet time picking this vehicle up. It doesn't even make any sense for me to pay in the meantime of them picking it up because they want it to be severely past due before they will send a repo agent.

Today is November 14th and this vehicle still hasn't been picked up by Prestige Financial. Even with a DNC on my account, and numerous emails I have sent directly to Keith ** and the Prestige Financial Company site, I have still yet to receive even a letter response from them regarding this vehicle. Companies like this should not be allowed to use Corporate means as a form of punishment to get back at customers whom want to return vehicles to them. If they practiced professionalism, tact, and valued customer service they wouldn't have customers wanting them to take their vehicles back. That would be why they have over 200 complaints on the internet.

In addition, they are causing me additional issues with the apartments I live in. Why would I take the vehicle I want to keep out of my assigned parking spot to put the vehicle I don't want to keep there and risk it getting towed? All because they want to punish a customer. There should be laws in place to mandate companies from taking an unreasonable amount of time for a voluntary repossession.

Upon selling my car last month as a trade-in to a dealership, Prestige harassed me (several phone calls, emails) asking for more money "to close my account" for the rest of the month and avoid late fees and further action. I explained that I sold my car and that they would be receiving the payment from the dealership. They were relentless and seemed quite desperate. If I had agreed to pay them, it would have extended my contract with them and caused many more headaches. I explained that I know the law and the dealership has a particular amount of days to pay the quoted "Pay-off" amount. They continued to try to scare me and threatened to damage my credit, impose extra fees, etc.

They finally stopped contacting me when I explained that I understand the law and that if they continued to harass me, I would file a complaint with the State Attorney General (which I absolutely was prepared to do). I haven't heard from them since. My new rate on my new car is 3.9, as opposed to 17% and I'm so happy to no longer be dealing with Prestige. If they hadn't tried to pull this latest trick, I would have given them a star or two more, but this was simply unethical. If you pay your monthly bills, which I did, they will give you reminder calls and pretty much leave you alone from here. By the way, I suggest that if you encounter unethical behavior with any company. I had to do that once in the past with another company and the result was very satisfactory.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

I had to file bankruptcy like some of the consumers on here and Prestige sounded like a good idea but it's turning out being the worst decision I've ever made. I actually got the car for someone but they couldn't afford the $493 car payment anymore. I resumed possession of the car that was already behind. I busted my butt to get caught up. They did repo the car once and gave it back after I had to give them $1000. Then the agreement was $300 every two weeks for 6 months.

Mind you the car payment is $493 so where is the rest of the money going to? I got the car for about $18000 and the balance on the statement they sent me says $1901... I'm confused. I've been paying $300 every two weeks like they said to avoid getting harassed or threatened. I was supposed to make a payment this past Thursday but my check was unavailable and today they threatened me that I had to pay $591 that is past due by the end of the day. I don't have that and how am I still past due? Is the $591 including my $493 car payment? I need some help and how do I participate in the lawsuit? Something needs to be done about Prestige. I do appreciate them giving me the loan but I was so unaware at the cost of it. Daily interest is the worst.

I bought a 2009 Ford Focus in 2013 from a car dealership that used Prestige Financial Services. BIG mistake buying such a old car with at least 90.000 miles on it at the time. My payments are 349 dollars each month. I am single, live alone, and pay usually everything by myself. Last year I was having difficulties with paying. So they gave me 1 month and put it on the end of the contract. Well having the same problems again with my finances. Called in early October to try to get another extension and they said I had to wait till November. THEY ARE JUST MONEY-HUNGRY, LYING PEOPLE. IF ANYONE HAS A LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY PLEASE CONTACT ME.

Please please please DO NOT use Prestige Financial! Today was the last straw. This company, without my authorization or knowledge, withdrew money from my checking account, stating "your payment is due on the 22nd". Every other time I have made a payment over the phone or set up a payment online, they have issued the standard terms of agreement (do you authorize PFS to withdraw funds blah blah blah) This time? No. Because they knew that they did not have authorization. When calling Angelique, she became angry and said that I had authorized the deduction at the end of August. Uh, NO. She then asked if I would like her to pull the call. I said absolutely. All of a sudden she could not do this, it could only be done by a supervisor and said supervisor was conveniently in a meeting.

This company will not return my calls or emails. So I am so down with a class action lawsuit. I have filed a complaint with Utah State Attorney General as well as the BBB and the Oregon Attorney Generals Office. This company needs to be fined at the least or shut down! Contact me please if anyone else would like to discuss a lawsuit against these people! (I'm on Facebook!)

I signed on the dotted line on April 1, 2014. I had really bad credit. I bought a 2013 Ford Focus. My loan payment was $443 for 72 months. After paying on the car for 2 1/2 years, a $17,400 car, I still owed $14,000. I was never late on my payments. My biggest complaint with them is they call, email and text you either 1 or 2 days before your payment is due to remind you of your payment. Personally I find this harassment and crazy. But I guess they feel we need reminding due to our credit worthiness. The Focus was my worst purchase ever. Due to the dual transmission it never really ran right. I had taken back in to the dealer at least 4 different times for repairs. Thank God I didn't have to pay out of pocket as this was all due to the transmission.

Finally a year ago I got serious with my credit. I worked my tail off to get it cleaned up. I worked with a credit repair attorney. The $1,000 investment was well worth it. In 2014 my score was 499. I traded in that Focus on September 9. I bought a 2016 Mazda 6 Touring. My trade in on that Focus was 5600. Needless to say I was $8,000 upside down on my loan. The positive side to this is my score was a 715 at the time of trade in. I thank God I'm out of that loan. The interest rate is like loan sharking to me. Prestige Financial collection practices before loan payments must be considered harassment. I did what I had to do at the time but I will never allow myself to get in that situation again.

I have been associated with Prestige since 2009. We went in there to buy an SUV. I should have walked out when they said they had to go looking for a car for me from other lots when they had over 500 on the lot we went into. Two days after we went in, we were told of a 2005 Ford Explorer that we would like. We said no first and walked away because the interest was just too high. But, we needed a car badly for work. So we got the Explorer. The offer that got us back into the door was the Gap Insurance they offered. We pay $650 UPFRONT and our car would be covered no matter what.

Four years later, the Explorer was side swiped on the side of our house on the night of Halloween. Our insurance paid Prestige $8000 for the total loss and the $2700 left over I was sure our Gap insurance would pay for it. Nope, they paid $336 and the rest was left for us to pay. Why in the hell, did I purchase something that didn't pay out like it was suppose to? I paid more for the Gap insurance paid for on my behalf. Wouldn't you know it. The Gap Insurance company is a subsidiary of Prestige Financial. Now, they want me to pay $5500 back to them. You got to be kidding me. I want to know if anyone would like to start a class action lawsuit against Prestige. I am tired of their crap.

I bought my car back in 2012. I was having credit issues. I wanted to build my credit and thought this was a great way to do it. I can't say that I've had any issues with Prestige. I have paid every single payment on time and I pay extra when I can. I haven't gotten any rude calls, text, or emails from them. I called a few times for balance checks and I received good service. Although this is a financial institution that I am sure makes a great profit, the website is awful. I now know there is a reason for this. You can't see the interest you are being charged, you can't see your payment history, and there isn't a clear layout of your bill. After reading the response they have to some of the other consumers. I doubt I will ever use Prestige again.

Here is the problem I would like to warn consumers about. Car dealers and Financial Services as Prestige Financial Services prey on consumers at their worse time. They use the term 2nd chance finance and advertise helping people in need when what they really do is overcharge on the price of their cars and refer customers to financial institutions that charge extremely high interests rates. Because you are in a bind, you do it. Often times we sign without understanding the terms of the loan (which is what I did). What does that mean? By the time I pay off my loan, I could have bought 2 cars. I did something today that I should have done before I signed on the dotted line. I did the math. I was horrified by what I've paid in interest and I am embarrassed that I signed for this loan. I am not saying that it is only the responsibility of the financial institution to explain terms, but I feel it is deceptive not to. They rely on our desperation.

Please! Please! Please! Read the terms of your loan. Because I've paid every payment on time, my credit has improved. By the end of my loan, the cost of my improved credit will be $8,000-$10,000, and that my friends, is not worth it. Read about daily interest versus a conventional loan. This was a very expensive lesson and I hope none of you make the same mistake.

I have had my loan for 22 months. My original loan was for $21,500 and I am now down to $19,800. This shows you how far 21% interest rate gets you. I have had my issues with customer service and my account manager at times. I have been talked down to a few times when I fell on financial hard times. They want you to pay them and they don't care who else you owe. I did get some resistance when I asked for help but eventually got a reprieve. One of my biggest concerns is that I bought this car without doing any research and I got so screwed. I owe $19,800 for a car (Toyota mind you) that is only worth $5500 trade-in.

I am so very upside down, I don't know how I will ever get out of this loan. I realize I was a credit risk due to my credit score, but the dealership talked up and down about how they are a second chance lender and if I pay on time for 12-18 months, I can come in and trade it for a better car and a better rate. Well I tried that and found out just HOW upside down I really am. I fell into the "how much do you want your payment to be or what can you afford?" Never answer that question because at that point it does not matter what the cost of the car is, they will get you to the payment (or damn close) and make it look like they did you a favor.

I am the IDIOT who signed for this car. I thought would be reliable and trustworthy for many years since I was newly single and needed a reliable vehicle. I had no idea the car was worth CRAP. I'm very disappointed in the fact that I did not go in better prepared, but I had almost NO money down, a poor credit score and in desperate need of a car. That's what I get I guess. I just want others to know what they are getting into with this company. Coincidentally, this bank is owned by Larry H. Miller who has several car dealerships in the Denver area which, to me, seems like a big conflict of interest to be selling cars and the bank you own can finance them. Maybe not. BEWARE and do your research. It will pay off.

My story for the reasons in getting my car are the same as everybody else, just out of bankruptcy. Single parent of a special needs child and had medical bills I'd never be able to pay so I had to file. I also needed a reliable way to get my child around. I went to a reportable dealership and I had the car for 3 weeks before they finally closed the deal. A deal I think was never supposed to go through. Anyway they put me with Prestige. The guy assigned to my account is actually really nice... or so it seemed.

I lost my job when the patient I cared for passed away and it was Christmas time so the guy assigned to my account said I had "a lot of options to help me out." He let me pay my loan for less a few months in a row. He has also arranged every month for me to pay my loan at a later date depending on my paychecks. Well that was all a set up. I'm two years into my loan and last month they ran my debit card before they were suppose to so there wasn't any money so my loan guy calls me and says that he again has a lot of options for me.

Well I told him it's because they ran my card too early but a options are nice since my car payment is as much as my rent almost and he let me pay 50 dollars less. Well I just received a letter threatening me saying I'm in default for not paying my loan on time and not paying the full amount every month. Wtf??? These "arrangements" were not only okayed by them but were their idea and now they want all the $ I didn't pay and all the interest $ from my late payments paid in full in 10 days or they will repossess. Holy crap, are they kidding?

It's a Sat so of course I can't get a hold of them till Monday. They want $ they know don't have so they will repossess my car. They have gotten thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars from me and then they can resell my car and do that to somebody else, so they get tons of money from a bunch of people with only one car. They did this on purpose, that is what really bothers me. Is there anything I can do?

Ok so here's where we got an auto loan from this horrible company... March 11, 2016 someone hit my husband and totaled his truck... went to the dealership to buy a new truck that we weren't prepared for at all. We've been doing credit repair to buy a house so this wasn't in the plan... so we punched a 2014 Dodge Ram and Prestige was the one who finally financed us. It took almost 45 whole days for them to close the deal on the loan back and forth with this girl who wanted everything besides blood from us. Our first payment was due April 24th 2016. Today is the 28th. I hadn't received any information on where or how I was supposed to pay for our truck until the 25th when I received a pamphlet for the contact information to them. Called and immediately was told our loan was in default and I was like "are you kidding me", "no your payment was due yesterday on the 24th and you're in default..."

How in the hell is that even possible. I was told that "we were nice enough to loan you the m oney to purchase the truck that's how..." I was like "I'm not sure how you act in Utah but here people don't treat people like that." I talked with the supervisor who in turn said "I'm sorry I can't help you. You're in default of your loan and in breach of contract." Today April 28 I got an email. Here's the fun part... "What are your intentions for this month's payment? You have called in several times to get the account information but we have yet to secure payment. Please keep in mind this is a simple interest loan you accrue interest daily. The longer you hold this out the more time and money you are adding to the loan. Please advise. Landon **, Account Manager".

Here's my response... "Not sure who you think you are, I am aware of what is owed. We get paid tomorrow. Stop sending me threatening emails. Thanks!!" "Your account is in full default. This is NOT a pick when you want to pay loan. You and Jason signed a contract that stated that you would be making payments on or before the 24th of the month. The 29th is NOT before the 24th. This is a strict second chance finance loan. Nothing in my email was threatening to you. You are in full default of your loan."

Within minutes received another email. "I am not sure why you are so upset. You are the one who is in default on their loan. You have called in numerous times and have claimed that you are going to be going online and making the payment and have yet to complete what you have said that you are going to do. How can I contact ** to let him know that the loan that is in his name is in default and going to be affecting him just the same. Are you sure that this is the path that you want to start down?" I stated this conversation was over and to have a good evening and I got this response: "I will go ahead and note that you are not willing to secure your account. We will be contacting Jason as he is the primary on the loan. We will be letting him know that you are in default on your first payment. The account will remain in active collections. Have a great evening."

Really what in the world... I sent a responding email and said my husband is right here go ahead and call him... never called him. Someone needs to stop this. I've got many to pay but not going to deal with this kind of crap for too long. I didn't want to buy a truck it was forced upon us and we just don't finance things. We didn't even have bad credit just not enough to have a high score. Ridiculous. Oh and the subject for the email was "WHAT ARE YOU HOPING TO ACCOMPLISH". WTF??? Stay away from these crooks. I haven't even got make my first payment and this is happening. This should be fun. I'm down the lawsuit!!!

I had a 72-month loan with this company and they keep trying to extort more money from me. The loan started in 2010 and was over in March 2016. They have my credit report jacked up saying I owe them 9,000 and keep calling saying I owe them more money and will not leave me alone. They are refusing to send me a copy of my payment history from 2010 to present. They have harassed my family and friends and keep trying to contact me from an internet number. I refuse to give them another payment and seeking legal action.

I filed chapter 7 and started receiving letters and I went to Susan Schein in Pelham. Got lied to back and forth, had got a 2015 car, and the dealer called me back and said I needed to come back in and do paperwork. Then I go over there and she tell me the bank deal didn't go through and I said "well what's that mean?" She said she had to put me in a lower payment car and give me a 2013 car for 358 a month. And they call me and tell me that I need to call Prestige and I called and they say they need to speak to my lawyer and call the bank to verify my information. And they called the company that I had the other car with and acted like they were me to tell them to come get the other car. Long story short I told them "** them. I'm not giving them no more info."

Back in 2011 I was one year into a divorce and my ex had all but destroyed my credit rating. I desperately needed a car and the only company that would loan me money was Prestige Financial. Due to the severity of my situation at the time, I reluctantly agreed to 60 payments of $389.00 and 19% interest; Big mistake. I set up my payments to be due on the 23rd of each month with no grace period. On the 5th of the following month is when the harassment started. They told me the due date was the 4th of every month and never agreed to the 23rd. I tried my best to convince them that they were incorrect, but they refused to listen. I'm 55 payments in and the harassing letters, texts, calls and emails have never stopped.

On one occasion they fired off 2 phone calls, 3 text messages, 2 emails and 2 voice messages all at the same time! I was at an important meeting when my phone blasted 12 notification sounds in a row like a winning slot machine. Back in 2014 I was laid off from my tech job at L3; needless to say I was in a financial hardship, but I always managed to make my payment even if it was a few days into the next month. Towards the end of the year things got really bad and I missed an entire month and a half, but get this... After 45 days and endless threats and harassment, I made an agreement to make two payments in a 30-day period because I had accepted a new job and had money to pay.

The first payment was completed in accordance to the agreement I had made at the beginning of the month, but the calls, texts and emails never let up. The due date for payment number two was one day away when I got a call from Marlene ** to confirm that I would drop the money off by 5:00 pm on Friday. When she called... for the third time I was on a stepladder painting my ceiling. I had spoken to this woman on several occasions and other than the fact that she was annoying as hell, I never got short with her.

She asked if I would have the payment by 5:00 pm and I replied (in an annoyed tone) "YES!" Right after I said yes, I dropped the paint roller and my phone onto the carpet. Right as the phone hit the floor I shouted ** at the top of my lungs. Long story short I dropped the payment off as promised on time. Sunday morning I get a knock on the door. In my driveway are two tow truck drivers and my car is attached to said tow truck. I protested, showed the two troglodytes my payment receipts, but they refused to release my car.

After arguing with these two pieces of garbage, I got their manager on the phone. After several minutes on the phone with a guy named Brandon **, I realized I was wasting my breath. I assured this fine gentleman I had paid, even produced confirmation numbers, but he refused to hear me. Mr. ** referred to me as a "** deadbeat loser" and to "pay my ** car payment on time. It took 3 weeks and $1200.00 to get my car back from Idaho, but the reason my car was unlawfully repossessed was because I hurt Marlene **'s feelings.

Even though I was in the wrong and had to rent a car for three weeks, Marlene ** was let go from her position. To wrap this up... I have made 55 out of 60 payments, but I still owe $8,000.00 due to imaginary interest and late penalties. No matter what your credit or life situation is DO NOT PURCHASE A CAR THROUGH THESE PEOPLE. They will lie to you, harass you non-stop for years, as ridiculous penalties and interest, harass your friends and family when they can't get a hold of you and worst of all, repossess your car when you hurt their feelings. Avoid Prestige Financial at all costs and if you are one of their victims, I see a huge class action lawsuit in the near future. PRESTIGE FINANCIAL WILL PAY FOR THEIR CRIMES AND HOPEFULLY PAY A LOT OF US BACK.

This company for certain has been very difficult to deal with over the last 3 years. Approximately 3 years ago my car broke down and needed to be fixed and it would cost approximately $2,500 to fix it and the Blue Book value was only around $6,000. I had previously been discharged from bankruptcy a few months prior and credit was not good. I didn't have a down payment and worked 2 jobs. I tried walking, taking bus, etc but I really needed a car! I went to a local dealership that was reputable and advertised they could help anyone get a car. They did get me a car but unfortunately it was a 2007 Cadillac with no warranty and financed through Prestige Financial Services. I had no idea about Prestige at the time and trusted the dealership.

The car was purchased for $19,000 and at the time I was told by the dealership that this was the only car I could get financed. Now looking back I realize how stupid this was and that the dealership took me for a sucker. I just purchased a brand new car for $19,000 under full warranty so obviously the dealership was not honest. I was desperate and trusted them. Well it has been very unpleasant experience dealing with Prestige and that is being generous on my part. I realize that they are dealing with bad credit customers but come on! They have no grace period which is part of the problem but certainly not the only problem.

During the 3 years I was with them I lost my job and had car problems with the Cadillac etc. Never once did I skip a payment. According to them though I breached my loan multiple times, etc. They send you letters and threats if you are more than a couple days late. The letter says "you breached your loan and are under supervision and possibly your car may be repossessed." They text, call, email and call references. Okay, I get it. But is the letters necessary? Especially if you are only 2 or 3 days late? Come on!

Now here is my other problem with them. The interest they charge is insane! My car was purchased for $19,0000 which I paid for 3 years a payment of $465.00. I paid $16,740 and my payoff was $14,300. So basically after paying $465.00 for 3 years only $2,440 was applied to the principal and $14,300 was interest. That my friend is nothing more than robbery! Truly, there ought to be a law against charging people in bind that much interest. I understand higher interest but that seriously is robbery.

Lastly, they boast about if you participate in their automatic withdrawal of payments from your checking they will reduce the interest. I did TRY to participate in this but was immediately cut off? The first month went okay but the second month, they tried taking the payment shortly after midnight and my bank did not post it until 6:30am on the day that the payment was due. They immediately terminated me from the program never to be reinstated and never listening to my reason. So much for that. Also, if you attempt to use a checking account or a credit card wherein there is any problem, they will never accept it again and you can't make payments online anymore. Even if your credit card has plenty of funds to cover your payment you cannot use it. You have to make a Western Union payment of $25 to $50. Not to mention that even if you can use your credit card to make the payment, the charge another $10 for doing so.

Overall, here is my advice. If you are unfortunate enough to get stuck with this company. Go along with them for maybe a year and let it only be a year. During that year, try everything you can to get your credit score up and then go to a reputable dealership in your area (do your research) and get out of the loan! Whatever deal they make with you will be nothing compared to the money you will lose with Prestige and not to mention the constant headache! Good luck!

I have been paying on my car for a year and a half at $406 a month and I'm on time every month. The total is around $15,000+ tell me why I still owe $15,010. The interest rate is so high. I will never pay this car off. This damn car will outlive me because my payments are not going to the actual payment at all, just the interest. Then they claim they do not refinance either. What??? If there is anyone that is pursuing this let me know. I will try to participate myself. 20 years from now I'll still owe $15,000. Something is going to be done about prestige!

I purchased a car from a dealership in GA and the loan was through Prestige Financial Services. I was excited because they didn't require a down payment. This dealership, Prestige or my insurance company did not offer gap insurance. I was rear-ended and the car was totaled because they did not offer gap insurance. I am stuck owing these jerks $4000 plus dollars. I am a single mother of 3 and they want me to pay $105 a month to them, plus pay my new car note and insurance and all the rest of my bills. I tried talking to someone to see if they would accept what I knew I could afford without being in a bind each month.

They took my payment of $50.00 a month and still reported me late to the credit bureaus. Once I was able to up the payment amount I called the supervisor to see if they would be so kind to accept the payment of $80.00 as a new payment amount. They told me "no." I would like to know what I can do regarding this issue. I am trying to pay them what I can but I don't want to live check to check making sure they get what they want. Can anyone help me?

Manager, Nathan, called me a bad person because I could not give him what he deemed he needed on the payment. Also was told I was walking a bad path and not a good person. Funny when I talked with my representative assigned to my account, Sara, which she is kind, and awesome, she took my payment. Apparently they hire people for managers that verbally attack people and let only the nice people be representatives. I did not pick this financial company but was thrown to them because the original finance company closed and Prestige Financial bought them. The loan papers I signed, my not was much lower that what Prestige has it. Matter of fact, the Toyota place here in the Houston/Katy area no longer will go through them for financing because of the complaints and treatment of their customers.

So I have been with this company for 2 years now. Made payments on time never one day late. I'm about a couple days away from paying off my car but first I want people to know about them. So I had credit problems a while ago and that's my mistake. I went to go look at a car which was 8 grand above blue book value or NADA. I was in a bad spot so I had no other choice. I even put some money down. Loan came out to be about 13,000. So fast forward 2 years balance still says I owe 10,800. I have requested statements to know where my money is being applied to and how. It's a day to day interest loan, but with them they charge you different amounts of interest per day instead of a fixed amount of maybe 7.50.

I have had to threaten them with lawyers and legal counsel to get my loan to the correct amount (because sometimes they just add money to your loan whenever). And I'm not making this stuff up just to bash them. I want people to know what they're getting into. If a dealer offers some second hand financing, buy a junk car for a year, build that credit and get into a better loan. The dealer screwed me, and so has the finance company. And when you do need to let's say your account manage, or have a formal complaint, or want to even talk to customer service the first person that calls you is the "vice president" of collections. This company is a joke to say the least, and people can bash me saying I should do better with money. Everyone gets into difficult situations, and there's nobody there to help. Some people come fortunate, others don't.

Where do I begin with this company? When your credit isn't perfect you don't have a lot of options. Each dealership who offers this finance company are complete crooks as far as I am concerned. They sucker you into the loan and it's over. This company harasses you the minute your payment is due. NO GRACE PERIOD. NOTHING. THEY THREATEN TO CONTACT YOUR REFERENCES. Between texting emails and phone calls it's ridiculous. I encourage anyone who has less than perfect credit to wait before they are suckered in to sign a loan with this company. Don't do it, this company needs to change their policy or shut it down. I am so tempted to turn them into the Better Business Bureau. I realize that the customer service representatives are just doing their job, but it's ridiculous that if your credit is less than perfect that one must deal with this harassment.

Where do I begin with Prestige Auto Finance! My story is the same as all the above. I needed a car after filing a bankruptcy and I feel like now looking back I was suckered into this contract due to the situation I was in. Just coming out of a bankruptcy case I would have never agreed to the terms that Prestige uses to conduct business! I have really buckled down on protecting my credit since the bankruptcy. This loan company is horrible. My company was bought out 4 months after my purchase and immediately started cutting back hours. It caused me to be a week late on three payments. This is when I found out through my acct. manager that, "There is no grace period for your payment" she said! WOW, would have loved that info before signing on the dotted line.

My acct. manager is the same as one or two mentioned in other reviews. My experience with this company has been horrible!!! Harassment texting and calling before my due date just plain horrible!! After Christmas my company came back and cut us down to even less hours and it has caused me to be two weeks late and they are threatening to pull my loan! Really? If there is a class action lawsuit being filed on this company I want to know! I have all the hateful text messages stored away. My experience has been too bad to go into detail and I know this review is chopped up a bit but I'm just baffled at this company's practices and just don't know what to say really!! Someone please help!

In 2012, February, my husband and I bought a car from a dealership in Michigan. It was a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan for 13,500. We had just filed for bankruptcy due to my husband's open heart surgery and my ovarian and cervical cancers - all without insurance. At the time, I was the breadwinner in our family and I made just under 100k/year. For the next two years, we made payments every single month for the amount of 542.42.

In March 2015, I lost my job to a permanent layoff. I immediately called Prestige to see if we could refinance (as they told us we could when we bought it) or if we could do something to make the payments lower - even if it meant our loan would be extended. They said no. No refinance, no lower payments. Pay up now or we will "pursue further action". It got to the point we were three months behind on payments when finally, they said we could get on the "Fresh Start" program. This involved making full payments over the course of a month for 5 months. We completed that program in December of 2015.

I'd just like to say that going from making 100k/year to pulling in right around 1600/month will wreak some havoc on your finances. I do not hold Prestige Financial accountable for this - but I do hold them accountable for not being honest at the onset of the loan. Making those payments 5 months in a row of 542.42 plus $10.00 for each payment (broken up over several payments throughout the month, costing us a minimum of $40 extra dollars/mo) was extremely hard for us.

Over Christmas, my husband who is now working full time at a factory had a mandatory layoff, which meant for three weeks, we did not get a paycheck for him. I'm self-employed and typically bring in about 400/week. Again - all of this was explained in detail to CrystalLynn, our new "account manager". Therefore, after the Fresh Start program was complete, January brought a fresh set of problems. CrystalLynn started texting and calling as she always does multiple times every month, but this time she got even nastier. I responded to her texts every time - but she was accusing me of ignoring her. I talk to her on the phone and she says "I'm sick of you ignoring us, Shannon." I again explained the situation - and told her I could pay the 542.42 plus the 10.00 Western Union fee on February 5, 2016. She said, "Absolutely not." She copped a major attitude and passed me to her "Supervisor".

The supervisor then instructed me to go get a payday loan to pay the payment this month. I told him I wasn't comfortable with doing that. He insisted. He insisted so heavily that he demanded that I do this a good 9 times in the span of about 5 minutes. I finally asked for his supervisor. That supervisor sat there, not saying a word as I explained what was going on and let him know I could make the payment on February 5, 2016. As I was explaining it, I could hear the sound from a Candy Crush game in the background. He was literally playing Candy Crush on his phone as I'm appealing to him to help us out and work it around so we could pay the payment on the 5th. Instead of helping us, he said "Your help is over. We're going to add on your extra finance charges to be due now. You now owe us 1242.52, due by January 30, 2016. If you can't pay it, we'll be pursuing further action." Then he hung up on me.

So last night, my husband gets a text that said: "Jason, I need you to understand the importance of you calling me back. We just extended 3 months on the Caravan to catch you up and now Shannon is not making the payment again. I need to speak with you or management is going to pull this loan and proceed into the collection process." In that text, she is trying to pit my husband and I against each other. I had talked to her. She knew I had talked to her and now she's trying to go around me to my husband like he magically has a stow of cash I'm not aware of.

So here we are. It's time we use all this information we have to expose the predatory practices of this company. My original loan was for 13,500. I now owe over 19k, which is about 10k more than blue book value of the car. You can reach me at ** if you're interested in pursuing this class action suit. I will find the attorney able to do it and we'll get this done.

We filed bankruptcy and needed a car. It had to be a Toyota or a Nissan. We purchased a Mission. Borrowed 14,500. 3 years later, we owe 13,300. How could this be? The first year we had automatic withdrawal. Then they tell me we had 3 returned payments. How could that be when the money came out of our account on the 15th of every month?? So we could no longer have auto withdrawal. Now, unless I write a check or money order and mail it, there is a ten dollar fee to make the payment!!! I'm so upside down on the loan nobody would touch it for a trade in. I'm so sick of Prestige I could SCREAM!!

I had a really nice account manager, however, she is no longer with the company. I guess she got fired for being nice!! I get Social Security and I get paid on the fourth Wednesday of the month. So the date is different every month. I got a new debit card so they can't just take the money without authorization. My son was driving the car, had an accident when we found out he wasn't a covered driver. The car is repairable but not drivable until we get the parts. I told them the car was not running and I need a break on my payment this month. I haven't heard back from them. I don't think this car is ever going to get paid for!! I will make the payments car running it not. Otherwise it'll be a repo and lawsuit and then garnishment of my husband's check. We can't have that on our already bad credit. Stay far far away from Prestige!!!

I am having the same problem. Purchased a car from Prestige Financial Services and they refuse to send monthly statements. In addition to overcharging, the loan was for $35,000 in 2007 and it's 2016 and they say I still owe almost 4000 dollars. If you are in Georgia, I am going to court on Feb 9. Please contact me if you want to start a civil case against this company. They are committing fraud. Please reply with your story.

Me and my husband filed bankruptcy. I needed a car so we went down to a dealership. Talked to someone, was there all day and the only car they could get me in was 2010 Nissan. Had no choice in any car just this one, so we agreed. I needed a car for work. But little did I know the only company that would finance it was Prestige Finance. I had no clue it would be a nightmare later with them. First year made payments on time, was told after year we could trade in. Well we tried and that when all started...

We owe more than car worth. No one and I mean no will touch that car as trade in. We financed it at or was suppose be like 8-9,000. Well we owe 13,000 on car after 3 years now, maybe about 500 dollars has went to car... Payments don't go, don't bring any down? Seems go up. We get phone calls 5 days before due. If not payed on exact date harassment starts, texting, calling all hours even at work. I got sick unexpectedly and had to have surgery -- emergency surgery to say. They knew, told them about it, couldn't make that month's payment. My husband has talk to several people and they still call every day or text as if we didn't even call them??? I am so fed up. They are a sorry bunch. I would never have even gotten that car if I would have known what I know now!!! This rate that car will never be paid for and as far as your credit goes you can kiss that one too. They don't help you. They make it worse.

I have had business dealings with them since 2006 when I use their services to buy a car. I no longer have car due to it being total. According to them I still owe them a ridiculous amount of money. My story is pretty much the same as all of yours. I am writing this review to say that I am very interested in a class action lawsuit. If anybody knows of one getting started please let us know.

The numbers don't lie. Look at how many bad ratings these thieves have compared to the positive. Those positive reviews are probably fake and written by employees of Prestige. My story is the same as the others. Not the best credit, needed a new car, felt like I got suckered into this loan by the dealer. It is true that they will obsessively harass you BEFORE your payment is even due. I was told it was "just a reminder". Yeah, I know when it is due every month, I don't need you texting, emailing and calling 15 times to "remind" me. Yeah, if you are even 1 day late on a payment they will threaten you and start calling references, etc. They are scum sucking waste of life ** who should be ashamed of themselves. I ended up getting in an accident and the car was totaled. I had gap insurance and between that and the insurance payout, the balance was around $450, yet somehow they say I have a balance of $2200!!! Total scam!!!

Prestige Financial Services Company Profile