1.34/5
Based on 159 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?

Salt Lake City, UT

164 Prestige Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Giving this finance company one star is being generous. The loan officers, more specifically, the senior loan officer, is the rudest, most condescending person I have ever dealt with. Please note I am not the only one who feels this way. A quick online search will pull up 200+ negative reviews. I even came across an article to start a class action lawsuit against this company for their harsh treatment of customers. I have contacted the car dealership that used this company to finance my vehicle and after they reviewed the company they will no longer be using them. Please investigate this company more before deciding to use them for your financial needs.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

If I could give this company NEGATIVE stars I would. These people have been rude and obnoxious except for a few. Needless to say, a couple bad apples definitely ruined the entire bunch! I made arrangements for my vehicle because I fell behind in my payments. This company agreed to the arrangements, took my updated information and STILL repossessed my car. When I called no information as far as recovery was given. Luis could not tell me what the amount was or any information in regards to contacting their legal counsel. All I was given was the number to pick up my “personal” belongings. I will be contacting a lawyer against this corrupted company.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When I signed the dotted line to walk out of the dealer with my car my due date stated the 28th of every month. Mind you I had been through a horrific experience. Messy separation cost me 56k in 2 months, super crapped my credit score hence leaving me little options. I had to go with whoever could get me financed. Well, lesson learned. I'm so close to giving them the car back and letting my credit tank. I have raised my score over 100 pts in 10 months with hard work and dedication to regaining my life.

Prestige not only stated they have never seen a due date of the 28th which is clearly printed on my paperwork. I sent them pictures of what I signed. They said my payment was due the 4th. I argued that and they were so "kind" to change it to the 15th. I get text and emails wanting to know when my payment will made and they would like to secure payment with my debit card. I refuse to give it to them since this situation has been very shady. I asked for all the paperwork in my file. I requested copies of what they have so I can compare it and radio silence. Hands down a scandalous place for sure!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I purchased a car in which this company was suppose to finance me. I was told that they were going to call me to welcome me and to verify my information. So I shook hands with my salesperson, got in my new car and went home. Well Prestige never contacted me. I got an email from the car dealership saying that my loan approval was going to expire if I didnt contact them (now mind you I already had the car and thought things were settled). When I called them, I sat on the phone for 40 minutes before I got a representative.

I gave them all the information they needed (landlord info etc). The lady said thank you and that should do it. I called and left messages at least 5 times to make sure they got a hold of my landlord for residence verification and to please let me know if they did not. No one ever returned my call. So I'm thinking everything must be ok. The other day I got a call from the dealership saying the loan had expired because prestige didnt get a hold of my landlord so they dropped the loan. What? So needless to say after having my new car for almost two weeks, I had to return it to the dealership. I will never do business with this company again. Thanks to them I'm without my car.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Their website says, "Customer service from people that care", and that is an absolute joke. I had scheduled to make a payment this past Friday. I had gotten hurt at work and got stuck in the doctor's office and could not get to the bank to make the payment. Instead of asking me how I am or saying, "I'm sorry you got hurt," all they were concerned about was the payment. I sent them a picture of the note from the doctor to verify that I was not able to get the payment made and I got an email back saying, "We don't care about the now. We care about the payment. We want it now." I have never dealt with the company like this before in my entire life. They are loan sharks.

I really wish I would have known about them when my dealer said, "Here's your Finance Company" because I would have gone running in the other direction at a hundred miles an hour. If you're 1 days past your due date they start badgering you and harassing you. They assume every one of their customers is lying to them at all times and that everyone is out to default on their loans. If you make some type of arrangement with them, and something comes up and you have to change that arrangement, OMG it's a deadly sin for that to happen. They will absolutely refuse to make another arrangement. They will tell you that you didn't follow through on the arrangement, they accuse you of breaking the arrangement on purpose and they questioned why you had to break the arrangement. I really need to find a different finance company that actually does provide good customer service.

All this place does is harass the hell out of you and threaten you all the time. Will send you a text a few days before your due date and the text will say if you need to make arrangements to pay later let them know. What they don't tell you is when you do make those arrangements to pay later, it's marked in your record that you paid late. Like I said earlier I wasn't able to pay this past Friday because I had gotten hurt then went ahead and ran my credit card anyway and I got dinged with a fee. Then they turned around and ran it again on Saturday, both times without my permission. Folks if you have any other options to finance a car do so. Stay as far away as you can from Prestige.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: June 16, 2018

I had a car loan with them for 2 years and paid faithfully every month. I traded car off and dealer contacted them for payoff. Dealer paid car off and I find my score dropped by 50 freaking points because Prestige hit me for a missed payment. Stay away from this finance company!!! I was building my credit up and doing great... Up by 135 points then bammm my perfect score buildup drops by 50 overnight.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Bought a 2014 car for $18,000. After warranty, Gap insurance etc... $21,000. 6 year term, amount paid over life of loan $30,000. After 2 years and 3 months, car was totaled. With the payments that were made, automatically debited from my account for most part, insurance and GAP payments, they received more than $29,000 in just over 2 years. They are sending me text messages and emails almost daily telling me I still owe more than $3,000. I called GAP insurance as to why they didn't pay full balance due and they said it was because Prestige listed unclaimed interest as part of amount due and they don't pay that.

Prestige wanted to collect remaining 3.5 years interest on account, even though there is no car to collect it on so what are you receiving interest for. Because GAP insurance didn't pay this "unclaimed interest", when they received the money from the insurance companies, they collected their interest money from a 6 year loan and then some, leaving a balance on principal which will continue to collect interest and fees, and tell me that I need to pay it. So when it's all said and done they will have received more than $33,000- 3 times more than the value of the car. I don't care who you are or how bad you need a car, get a bus pass until you are able to get a loan from a real lender, not this loan shark. Scammed and duped in Ohio.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have been with Prestige Financial since June of 2016. We bought a 2014 Kia Forte from a dealership and the price was 15250. Our monthly payment is 334 a month and 19.99% interest. We are in a current bankruptcy so we knew we would have high interest. We have never been late on our payment, we have an online account that we can set our preferences for contact. We get 1 text monthly reminding us 5 days before our due date. Whenever we have a question customer service has always been friendly and helpful. We have made 22 monthly payments and owe 10982 remaining. To those who say your car was 15000 and still owe 14000 3 yrs later did you buy a warranty? Gap insurance? Etc? That caused your amount financed to be higher than the price of the car.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I purchased a 2003 Mustang around 2006, it was a lemon???? I took it to dealership several times to see what they could do to help me. Well, they wanted to put me in a different car with higher payments!! I said, "No thank you." Dealt with the car for a year and finally said screw it... I had gotten laid off from my job and was tired of trying to keep my payments up with my unemployment. I told them to pick the car up, that was in 2008. Here it is 2018 and they are garnishing me $400.00 a month. That’s more than the car payment I have for my 2015 Nissan Versa that I bought in 2015.

I’m drowning in bills because of them. I can see paying for the balance after car was auctioned but no... they are charging more than what I originally got that car for in the first place... they are an extremely crooked company. I know when you are desperate to get a car and they are willing to finance you it sounds great but seriously, DON’T DO IT!!!! My daughter had the same issues with them, calling her constantly one day after payment was due. They are the worst, absolutely the worst.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have had a horrible experience with Prestige and I need to contact an attorney. I have contacted one and without even looking at my information, they told me Prestige can charge whatever they want until the car is paid for. They have had the car for months and it's been resold to someone else. Not only are they charging me for the car, but they are adding fees every day. If someone can help me with how to proceed or what to do, please contact me at **. May God bless all of us that have had to deal with such a deceiving company.

Original review: March 9, 2018

When trying to get a payment extension for a family emergency, I was assured that I could get one the following month. I have had difficulty speaking with my account manager, Amber. I’ve left a voicemail, been told that she was on the line with someone else, been told she was not in—all sorts of excuses. I’d say, if you’re looking for a finance company, these people’s organization is flimsy. Keep looking.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I had nothing but problems. After 4 months with them my bank Navy Federal called Prestige to get final payoff. Navy Federal informed them they were paying loan off. That was November. Tonight I went to go to work and they had locked my car thru GPS. They want about $100 more than what the quoted payoff was. I will pay off in the morning or online tonight if they have that. But will be checking into a lawyer though.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

After my BK 7 was done I needed a car. Needed one badly so I went to Phillips Chevy in Bradley Illinois. I'm a bodyman of 25 yrs so I know the Chevy Cruze well. Prestige picked me up and I'm grateful for that. Made my first 2 payments on time. Prior to that I'm getting phone call, text after text, email after email, saying my payment is due. No **. Not dumb. So the last few payments have been late but always paid at the end of the month only 2 weeks past my due date so here come the phone calls and texts and emails being threatened all the time by different people in that ** company.

“Case manager” after case manager, threat after threat, condescending calls and texts and emails calling my references which is ** BTW. I shut that ** down right away!!! Now I'm in transitioning back into the automotive field and ya my payment is late. I tried working with them. They refuse!!! Again threatening me talking to me like I'm some bum on the street saying ** like, "Pay your ** payment or else!!!" And the laundry list of threats and condescending messages are out of control. By far the worst company I have dealt with. I urge people to research this ** business because when I did I find out the owner is dead and owned car dealers all over Utah. Stay away!!! When you hear that name Prestige run and run fast and as far as you can. And yes I have every email saved and every text saved for proof.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I've had my car since Oct 2013. I have always made my payments on time with a few exceptions. The account manager I had, was amazing. He was nice and understanding and because of him I kept my account in good standings. Never been behind a month on my payments. Well a couple of months ago my account manager disappeared and since I have had 2 different account manager. Both no longer work at the company.

A week ago I get a call from Ryan the VP (he kept telling me) about my payment. I made arrangements like I normally do and it was fine. Today I call to stop the payment from posting in my account tomorrow because I had the cash on hand. So I was just going to Western Union it. First time I call I get a very rude speaking woman (this is after the phone ranged for a good 20min, that was strange to me). I explained to her what I need to do and she canceled my payment for posting and I left a message for Ryan the CO to call me back.

So I get a call from Diane and from the time I answer the phone she was ready to light into me. I tried to explain to her what I was trying to do and she was getting smart and rude telling me I was 90 days behind on my payment. That when I got heated and verified to her that I have never been a month behind. Then she gets to tell me that I needed to have my payment at Western Union before. They close the books (I'm like what books)... I explain to that my time zone is an hour ahead and it will be in the no later than 4pm my time if they close at 6pm. She then ask me what Western Union place I would be using... So I just hang up.

About 7pm Ryan calls and proceeds to tell how they wasn't going to make any more exceptions for me and if my payment was in by the 31st, I couldn't double up on my payments for November. I ask him what he was talking about because I never planned on doubling up on anything. I just didn't want my bank account to be drafted because I had the funds on hand. He starts getting all macho with on the phone and I hung up on him. Since I have been with this company I have never been treated so. Rudely. Something strange is really going with this company and I am going back checking my account because she mention me being 3 months behind at one time and I never been a month behind. I might now pay on my due date, but it's paid before the end of the month.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This company is the worst to go through for an auto loan. Over 2 years I have made my parents and out of an 18,000 is have only paid 1166.00 in principal!! When I questioned this they informed me I wasn't making payments on time!!! I have statements proving otherwise. But because I split my monthly payment into 2 payments I'm charged a huge late fee and charged extra interest. I would've been better off going through a buy here pay here lot. Do not go through this company!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I don't even know where to begin with this rude and despicable company called Prestige Financial Services. The worst company I've had to deal with where you're harassed anytime and anywhere. These fools have recently (Oct 2017) started HARASSING and THREATENING me at my place of employment!! They've been calling my work phone number EVERYDAY back to back. I can't even hold a conversation with my boss or our business stakeholders without seeing an (801)844-0457 number or its different number variations that they've been calling me from. I've been making payments on time but sometimes the payment takes a while to clear my bank so they immediately begin to call. This is HORRIBLE because I feel like my balance is getting lower. It's a nightmare and I just want out! I've filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau because I can't deal with them anymore. They need to put this place out of business!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

They allow a desperate person who is already finance a vehicle then they charged me an arm and a leg for a used car I bought in 2015 with already 48,000 miles. I still owe $20,000 on this Nissan Altima. Same price I originally paid because every time I'm late they charge me almost half of the car. Note they are a rip off. Indeed should be against the law...

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I had the worst experience dealing with Prestige Financial. One of their managers was so rude it was ridiculous. I refused to deal with her because of her terrible and unprofessional attitude. My car ended up getting repossessed and now I have a garnishment order. I am planning to make arrangements with them to see what happens from there. I wish I never got an auto loan with these people. It was the worst mistake ever. I recommend others to RUN not walk away from dealing with this company.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I don't get the bad reviews. If you call them they will work with you. You just have to call before your payment is due. I've made one late payment and have never been harassed. I put $1,000 down with bad credit, they paid off my car with transmission issues and still gave me a decent car. I bought a 2013 Nissan Sentra off of the Nissan dealership. My payment is fair, my interest rate goes down every month, and they have been nothing but amazing to me. I've had my car for 10 months now. I am really thankful to them for giving me the loan for my first nice car. It took over a month for the loan to close, and they never once told me to take the car back or deny me my loan.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Ever since we have had vehicle it's been a very awful experience. Car note is due every 24th of the month, before the note is due I am getting emails stating my car note is due the next day (that is ok). Next day when the car note is due, I am receiving calls as well as emails, and texts (ok). The third day after car note is due (they are calling my references).

Every day after this it's emails and texts and phone calls still to my references, things that are said in the emails, texts are that "the books are about to close and you and your wife needs contact Omar, immediately or account will be in default". This is not professional, or right because I always pay on time or know later than days later. This has to stop, cause this really is harassment to the customer. Very disappointed about this company, will never do business with this company ever again. I need this to stop, cause it's not right, don't want to have to seek legal options.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I've been with this company for 3 years and my balance on my car is still 12,000. For a 2009 Malibu. This company is the worse ever. They have very bad customer service skills even collections skills. I don't understand how this company is still open. I've been yelled at on the phone many times. I wasn't even late at all. I called in before my payment was due and explained my pay period would make me 3 days late. A guy who stated he was the VP at me and made it clear he was VP and that it sad that I cant make my payment on time and this the reason my APR is where it is.

My account Manager Patrice is no better. Everyone I have spoken with treated me very rudely and I would suggest anyone to work with them. I was text and call daily and sometime to 6 times a day within those three days. I do plan on going to speak with atty and if there is a class action taken place I will be all for it as well. They need to be stopped. My balance isn't going down at all.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Hello friends. My name is Bob **. My email is **. I have the same issues with Prestige. After paying 30 payments with them I still owe more than I should and my credit reports are wrong too. This is after three years. My TransUnion has nothing. With that being said I sent a letter to the Utah state attorney general. I also sent a letter to the state attorney general here in Indiana. I made complaints to the Federal Trade Commission. With being said if you want to make a Big difference start calling the Federal Trade Commission. Yes you can make a complaint over the phone and Prestige has to respond with in so many days then you'll have a case number. Have your spouse to do the same. Remember. The Federal Trade Commission was started for consumers like you and me and if we do nothing Prestige keeps on going. Again class action by us.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I had a car financed through Prestige Financial in Dec 2015. I'm in the process of refinancing with capital one. When you get a payoff quote it has an expiration date well mine as changed 3 times before the initial date was up. The payoff changed 72 dollars in 3 weeks. It actually changed twice in one week. I was given a quote on July 31 to expire Aug 16. On Aug 3 I checked again since I'm waiting for the refinancing check to process the amount had went up again and date changed to Aug 18. I've emailed twice trying to find out why this is happening no response. I had also called about another issue prior suppose to get a call back no response. I've never had an issue since I've never been close to being late but they will rip you off at payoff time.

Original review: July 28, 2017

These reviews are cracking me up. To the person who said she has never been contacted by them she is lying through her teeth or she is actually Prestige trying to boost their already sad ** reviews. I was bought by them because I have new credit. No collections no bankruptcy. I wish I had never agreed to this loan. From the very first month they start emailing 2 days before the payments is even due. Dealership told me I would have a 10 day grace period. NOT!!! I get paid every other Friday so they may not always get paid on the 17th.

These people will call, text, email and take out a hot air balloon ad if you don't answer them. I'm an office manager so I cannot answer my cell phone at work. They call it 5 or 6 times during working hours and if I don't answer, the threats begin. Have to wait 5 more months and my Credit Union will refinance. Cannot wait to be rid of these people. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. If they think I am going to ruin my credit they are sadly mistaken. They suck and if you want to keep your sanity look for another lender!!! I wish I could give 0 stars.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I had a loan I just finished paying off with Prestige Financial. I had a horrible credit score because of a bankruptcy and nobody else would finance me. My interest rate was 20 percent but what could I expect. My credit score was like 550. They would call and text me the day before my payment or each day after it was due if I was late. I think that's what a lot of the complaints on these reviews are calling them harassing phone calls. People you most likely have had a bankruptcy or repossessions and you borrowed a significant amount of money from them. What do you expect lol.

Guess what. If you make your Payment on time like you said you would they wouldn't have to call you. I don't get how many complaints I read with people not liking how they called and asked for their money. You owe it to them and have a responsibility to pay no matter what your circumstances are. Yes the interest is through the roof and your loan will go down very slow the first 3 years but guess what. Nobody else will loan you the money for lower. That's why the dealer got Prestige Financial.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I cannot wait till a class action lawsuit is filed. I'm all in. They need to be stopped. I have paid on my car for 3.5 years and still owe 13000.00. This is insane. I have paid as of today 15000.00 for a car that is worth 6000.00. OMG. This is a crime. I cannot trade it in... so they can have it back. I'm done with the harassment and beating me up over 2 and three day late payments. IT'S Ridiculous. Done.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I purchased a vehicle in Aug of 2015 before my bankruptcy was even discharged. I knew I would have a high interest rate. I actually figured it would be 20% because of bad credit. After a few hours at a dealership it came to be 19.49% which I anticipated. I did have a slight issue in the beginning, it took them forever to set my account up. I only got my info about one week before my due date. But nevertheless I got it. I do get reminder text. I can say I have never received a phone call but I have always gotten a reminder text before my due date and on it. Which I am okay with because I approved that. I see a lot of people have had bad customer service. I personally have not, and I do not get bombarded with calls either. I have been late before and I was told I had a 10 day grace period which is weird, maybe they just meant they wouldn't report it. I have always had a good experience.

I can say I was super distraught when I saw how little of my payment was actually going to the principal, that was very saddening, I was paying 350.00 monthly and like 280.00 of that was interest. But since I have went Active Duty military and due to Federal law they had to drop my interest rate to 6%. I only bring this up because I never knew about this, I called on day to pay my bill and it was 100.00 less monthly and I thought they made some error. After talking with a super nice representative, she explained to me why my interest rate dropped. This is integrity on the company's end, because as I stated I didn't even know they had to do that. I have another car loan with another company who wouldn't drop the rate until I provided documentation, which they already had on file, it took me over a month to get them to drop my rate on that car.

So in short, not being rude to people here complaining, but if you signed the papers at that interest rate, EDUCATE yourself. They have the right to divide the principal and interest up how they feel, and most likely almost all of your first payments will be interest. Once you have met the interest amount then your payments become all principal. All in all, if you have bad credit and you are trying to build it back up this would be a good company if you don't mind paying the extra interest. I mean if you don't have a 750 credit score you're not getting the rate that someone with that score would.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have been a good loyal customer for three years. I am in the process of refinancing my vehicle. I am having problem with them during the process. They have been trying to give me legal counsel and even saying that I don't know what I am doing. They also tried to act as a counselor and trying to bully me.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Today I walked into my house from a job interview. To receive a phone call from someone name Greg who I guess is the manager to make me feel uncomfortable and not want to be a customer of them any longer. I got a car back in October of 2016 and was financed by Prestige. These last past month I lost my job due to me being ill with sickle cell disease however the account manager Andrew has been honestly working with me and I can't lie about that however, some of their reps have been calling me being very rude making feel very uncomfortable and not needed to the point where I feel like I'll give the car back just so I won't have to deal with them anymore.

Yes I do need my car because I have two kids and for me to get back and forward to where I need to go like doctors appointments and more when I'm steady telling you I don't have the money right now but can have it on the 1st to pay this payment and then I can work on trying to borrow the money for the next and once my school refund and tax return come I can pay the rest. But no Greg the manager was rude, made me feel very comfortable and also threaten to basically cancel my contract with them all because I said I don't appreciate his tone and more. This is an outrage and it sucks like hell because I filled bankruptcy I have to deal with them. I'm sick and tired of people thinking because I'm young they can just talk to me any kind of way or more so run over me and I'm not allowing it no more.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I was going through bankruptcy in Dec 2016. Bought a 2015 Kia, everyone at Prestige has been very friendly, and my experience with them have been good with the exception of them updating my insurance. They keep sending me a notification that my insurance is 140 days expired when my declaration was sent to them 3 times. That's the only real big issue. I called to tell them that I started a new job and my payment would be about 10 days late and I'd be more than willing to pay the late fee. They were fine with it, we made sure everyone was all on the same page! They are also very aware of my anxiety issues, do what they can to help me solve any issue I have. I've been able to watch the loan amount go down on my statements. Overall it's a good company, but like any other financial service they just want to make sure they are going to get their payment each month.

Not sure about Prestige Financial Services?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Loan Companies for you.

Prestige Financial Services Company Information

www.gopfs.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business