1.21/5

Looking for a loan company?

Salt Lake City, UT

187 Prestige Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2019

Be warned. Do not deal with this company. Not only do they rip you off and steal your money, tell you that they didn't receive payments when they do but they will harass you in any and all ways possible. Lost my home over this company because they kept harassing my landlord. They make arrangements with you if you fall behind and then they take back the arrangements without knowing or letting you know. So basically you think you're caught up when in reality you're not and 90% of your money goes towards interest not paying down the car you get. So upside down that there's nothing you can do besides have them repossess it and they will use any and all ways possible to make you feel like trash. My dad was murdered. Lost my job because of my dad's murder and they constantly do that in my face. They would say things about my dad that were just wrong to do. Do not deal with this company.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I started experiencing issues with this company a few months after the purchase. They would call me at my job and texted me for payments all day long. Even when account was brought current they continued to contact me. Always threatening to take my car. At one point they advised my mom that they had been trying to reach me and had not heard from me, when they had just sent text and I replied.

My mother was out of her mind thinking that something had happened to me. I contacted them and advised them that I wanted to do a voluntary repo, since they kept stating my car was in jeopardy of being repossessed. I went out and purchase a new car for less than what I was paying with them. They were able to somehow see what I was applying for on my credit and started asking if I was "trying to trade in their vehicle," which I was not because I was too far upside down in the loan. I contacted them and told them to come pick up the car, which they let sit for 3 months charging me more and more.

Once the car was picked up they stated within a week it had been sold and that I owed x amount of money. It's been well over a year and this is still being reported as an active account and I am still being charged. Some of my credit reports have the debt listed as a charge off while other reports still show it is an active account. I would advise you to read all paperwork before signing with them. There are companies out there that really do want to help, this is not one of them.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have had my car 2 years. My car payments are 623$. After 2 years only $1000 went to my principal. So over $11000 in car payments and only $1,000 on the principal? I really signed my life away and ready for them to take this car and I will drive a bucket if need be. Is anyone filing a class action against them? Because I want in? These people need to get shut down!

Original review: April 12, 2019

It is disheartening that there are some scrupulous people who are taking advantage of people experiencing a financial difficulties. When my husband left me for his mom and another woman, he left me with credit bill that I did not have a choice but file for BK for a fresh start. I was not thinking clearly since all I needed was to have a car that will bring me to work. I ended up turning in my 2016 Sonata and getting a second hand 2013 Elantra from a Sin City dealer (don't go to this dealer please). The interest rate was 19.87% and the total cost of the car amounted to $24,+++, the price of a new SUV.

I have been paying my car loan religiously since I am rebuilding my credit but it just saddened me when I found that that despite paying $372.50 monthly, everything went to interest only. The principal remained the same. I pray that everything is not about money for this group. But rather the genuine interest to help people be out of any financial difficulty.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Please note not to deal with this company. They are the very worst second chance auto finance company that I ever had to deal with. They are rude and very disrespectful. But I have something for them. Trust me. I am going to report them to everyone I can until I get my voice heard and they are off the market.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: April 3, 2019

This is by far the worst company to ever get financing with. They are abusive, disrespectful and ruthless. They could care less about the anyone's hardship. They have refused to provide titles after customer payoffs. There aren't enough words in the dictionary to describe their evils. This is a Larry H. Miller owned company and if the Millers knew how inhumane they treated customers they would restaff. The people working there do not represent the Miller customer service people are used to. It's a heartless embarrassment to admit ever having to deal with them.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I hate this company with a passion. They do not know how to talk to people and if you tell them that you lost your job they do not care. And what is crazy the car was totaled in a car accident. They are the worse rude people I have ever dealt with. They text you and threaten you like you are not gonna report them. I got Gap insurance when I got the car and suddenly it disappeared off my contract. I be glad when I pay them off. They are the worse to have.

Original review: March 4, 2019

These people are stupid. We traded cars and got away from these people. I dont know who the stupid man was that my husband talk to but my husband called Prestige after getting a miss call and my husband told him we traded car and they called them and got the pay off and address where to send the check to pay them off and he still demanded us to make our car payment. The man was hateful and was not very professional. Who trades car on Friday and still makes a payment on the car you traded? Do not do business. Oh yes and we even got pre-approve for another car. Got to the car lot. Pick a car out. They sent the paperwork to them and they declined us. They should shut that finance company down. They're crooks.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

My expericence with Prestige has been simply a blessing! After a bankruptcy this company took a chance on me and financed my new/used car. In the beginning, I did get many text messages, phone calls and emails about my upcoming montly payment. All I did was call and spoke to a representative to ask for less "reminders." She explained that this was done because others like all of the reminders, but definitely would stop all of the reminders to me... and they did stop. Every time I would call with any question the representative was knowledgeable and nice.

About 9 months into my loan payments I needed to put that month's payment on the end of the loan. I was not granted that request, but they were able to work out that I pay half of my note for that month. That helped out tremendously with my financial situation at that time. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Prestige Financial. They trusted me to be able to make my payments on time and then to be helpful in the rebuilding of my credit. Recently, I was in an accident and my car was totalled! :-( In having to go find a new car I will ask the dealership if I can go through Prestige again. As I stated previously, this company took a chance on me and blessed my life!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

For anyone in need of a auto loan: BEWARE!!! Worst company ever! Go to Cactus Jacks and you will be treated better! This company harasses you until you want to purposely scream the worst words at them! They are stupid, annoying, IDIOTS! If I could do over, I would go to anyone else! Oddly though when I went to trade this vehicle in, I was told to let it get repoed because the Prestige is the absolute worst!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I bought a car in Dallas Tx and it as financed through Prestige Financial. The second month I started to complain to both the auto dealership and the finance company that something was wrong with the car only to find out that it was transmission problems and I fell behind on the payment because I was constantly putting the car in the shop. Ford knew that there was a recall on the car for transmission and told me there was nothing I could do unless the car stop or break down. I lost my job and was unable to make the payment so I told Prestige Financial to come get the car. These dog of a company is now garnishing my check for 25%. I want to sue both Ford and Prestige Financial. If there was a zero for stars they would have it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

In desperation and lackluster credit, I purchased a car financed through Prestige. That was my first mistake. I owe them 3x what the car is actually worth with a payment I really can't afford. They try to be helpful, but you are charged for every option that they offer to "help" you. Due to the gov't shutdown, I fell behind and it's almost impossible to catch up on this loan. The damage has been done. I owe $17k on a car worth $6K, at best.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Oh my God. This bank has gone to the extreme to harass me in any way, shape or form! From ongoing phone calls to my cell and work and to my family members it’s been a horrible experience and a huge lesson to learn. I will never go through a small bank ever again! I have been with Chase and Wells Fargo in the past and never have they harassed me like this place! And the people are so so rude beyond belief! The emails they write or how they speak to their clients is a disgrace! They need to be shut down!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

These people are horrible! They harass you if your payment is a day late. If you need an extension they shame and lecture you. I told them to save it. I was 45 years old and didn't need hear this crap from a 22 year old with no education I'm sure. I can't imagine what their training is like if this the way they treat people. I told them I'm sorry I don't have life figured out like they do, working customer service at the finance company!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Prestige Financial is a company that should be reviewed by car dealerships. I have a vehicle financed through this company and the staff and account managers are the rudest people anyone could ever work with or shall I say attempt to work with. The account managers always send harassing emails and the tone of their emails are very unprofessional. I was accused of avoiding payment because I did not want to give my banking information over the phone. Not to mention I was at work which was a bad time to contact me. With that being said, there should be some type of suit filed against companies such as Prestige Financial. Many are having hard times financially and a company such as Prestige Financial should be held accountable for the harassment and unprofessionalism that customers receive. Prestige Financial does not deserve even one star. There should be an icon for no stars.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

This company is the worst company I have dealt with. I have an 2012 Chrysler 200 that I've been paying on this for 4 yrs. And October 15th payment I just paid November 9th due to I've been out of work for 6 weeks due to surgery and I told them that I'm trying to get back on track. These people have been harassing me telling me I will either pay a reduced payment or the whole payment by November 23. I told them I wasn't gonna commit to that because I didn't know. They are rude and very unprofessional. They deserve an O for their review.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

If I could give them zero stars I would! This is absolutely the worst lending company I have ever had in the last 36 years. I read the reviews of others and they are right. They are rude, they make judgments against people without knowing what is going on. I had a miscarriage 2 years ago and I was accused of going Christmas shopping. Then I recently had a hospital visit and went through a divorce and they were so nasty to me, and always blaming me for not responding right away via email or phone, when they know I have a job to pay their extremely high interest rates. I have to say I have talked to 2 very nice people named Tara and I forgot the other lady's name but Daina, Steve and the many others are not very nice people. It is very true that they treat you bad because you have bad credit or filed bankruptcy and they act like they care but they don't.

If I could fight to shut this organization down I would, and I am so glad that I will be working to get my law degree because I am fighting to the top to get companies like this out of business! It's sad that these people are the most heartless people in AMERICA so I give you the Award for the most complaints as you all only care about yourselves and will sell your souls to get a person's last dollar. Things do happen in life and I am sorry that you all do not have issues in your life but we do. I will not stop until I fight to get rid of companies like this, and I will do my part to make sure I review a company before I ever let them let me borrow a penny! I hope someone investigates this company as I will not rest until someone does. All you need is 1 person (the right person) to listen and others will follow. Do your research people, I will say I will never be in this situation again and as a future attorney I will make sure others don't either!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have an auto loan with this company. Over the last few months, I have had nothing but problems with them. I have set payment arrangements with them that they have taken before the day I stated to take the payment. The last month, they took two payments out of my account instead of just one. They blamed it on me stating that I was the one who did it. I work with computers day in and day out and I know what I did when I submitted the payment. I placed a stop payment on the funds and got them reversed.

This is the first time I have been more than a week overdue with them and they're threatening to "escalate" my account to collections. I call to get the payment figured out and the pinhead I spoke to is talking over me, won't listen to a word I am saying and is totally rude and ends the call. I call back to speak to a supervisor and what do I get? Put into a voicemail. I think I am going to file a complaint with the Attorney General of my state. This company is bordering on predatory lending and they're by far one of the worst companies I have ever done business with.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My experience is Ditto, Ditto to all the other negative reviews and then some. They have harassed me to no end. The month of September 2018 was the first time there was a problem that my payment didn't get in by the end of the month due to fraud on my debit card. I have been paying for over 2 years and every month I get harassed before my payment is even due. The company uses the fact that people who have no credit or bad credit to bully their customers.

In my situation, I went through a divorce, (ex-husband was an attorney) then just as my credit was improving, I got cancer. Even through 8 months of cancer treatment I paid my monthly loan. There needs to be a stop and consequences for businesses like Prestige Financial that prey on people who are going through hardship, hard workers and doing their best to keep afloat. For as smart as I am, I was conned twice to redo my loan, and mind you I was not even two weeks late but kept getting threats of repo. I have to drive 40 miles for work.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

After our car was stolen, wrecked, and then found, it ended up going to auction because we could not pay for the damage. They served us notice, and then screwed around with changing attorneys, filing notices with only one day to respond, and called me CONSTANTLY at work -- despite being told to stop. They said they couldn't work out a payment plan, and that I would need to come up with the entire amount + interest, in cash, immediately. They have been the rudest creditor I have ever dealt with. After being screwed through the court system, Prestige got a judgment, and then didn't contact me again.

My son was diagnosed with cancer (no joke :( ) and Prestige suddenly started garnishing my check... TWO YEARS after the original court date -- with no notice to me. After complaining to the Attorney General, I received a call from Prestige's attorney, who worked out a repayment plan... While I was sitting at the hospital waiting for my son to get out of his first brain surgery. I paid on my loan for the entire 15 months my son was sick and on total care. When my son passed away, we contacted Prestige to ask if they would forgive the remaining debt, or work out a different payment plan as we couldn't afford what we had been paying (my husband was not working so he could care for our son).

Fast forward THREE years, and I get a notice that my check will be garnished immediately. They have been taking $800/month since January. I have tried multiple times to work out a payment, but have been informed that unless I can come up with $1500, they can't do anything. When I explain that I've already paid them $8000(!!), they have told me it doesn't matter, because that wasn't voluntary.

I asked them how they expected me to come up with $1500 on top of the $800 they are already getting paid. Their response has been "you know, we don't have to work out a repayment plan with you at all." Awful, awful, awful company. We have had the displeasure of having to work for the same person for the last several years. He is rude, condescending, made religious judgments, and disparaging comments. If I could afford it, I would hire an attorney and sue them!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Consumers please do your research and take action. These are the same kind of people that are behind pay-day lending. I need not mention all the ruthless discussing conversations I have had with these people, especially account managers. Everything about their existence stem from being motivated behind money and we seen enough of this lately and what eventually happens. Many of these complaints should be taken to your congressman and lawmakers in Washington. Do not stand for this mistreatment, regardless of they you had to go to them, they take advantage of those who may have went through something, they're the same mindset as predators. Stand up and fight back!!! I do not need give the details of all I have experience with these misfits because the experience is the same as everyone else here.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I got a 2006 Nissan Maxima from them. Paid 16k for it. Paid in it for 2 years at $275 and did a voluntary repo. Well they sold the car for 3k and says I owe 17k on my contract mostly interest. Well I offered 5k to settle. They refused and I have paid them 250 a month for another year. Well they are charging interest on top of interest so I now owe 18k. This company is a ripoff and full of crap! I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I cannot fathom how this company is still in business! They harass you with condescending emails such as "I guess this is how the rest of your contract will be." "I am going to assume you will miss the payment." Who does that??? My payments are due on the 5th. I have been maybe as much as 12 days late and they send these emails. One "account manager" went so far as to try to be a snob about what type of deal I got at the dealership so I snapped right back at her. They really should be investigated by the Attorney General and local news companies. I would not be surprised if a class action lawsuit is filed against them!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Giving this finance company one star is being generous. The loan officers, more specifically, the senior loan officer, is the rudest, most condescending person I have ever dealt with. Please note I am not the only one who feels this way. A quick online search will pull up 200+ negative reviews. I even came across an article to start a class action lawsuit against this company for their harsh treatment of customers. I have contacted the car dealership that used this company to finance my vehicle and after they reviewed the company they will no longer be using them. Please investigate this company more before deciding to use them for your financial needs.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

If I could give this company NEGATIVE stars I would. These people have been rude and obnoxious except for a few. Needless to say, a couple bad apples definitely ruined the entire bunch! I made arrangements for my vehicle because I fell behind in my payments. This company agreed to the arrangements, took my updated information and STILL repossessed my car. When I called no information as far as recovery was given. Luis could not tell me what the amount was or any information in regards to contacting their legal counsel. All I was given was the number to pick up my “personal” belongings. I will be contacting a lawyer against this corrupted company.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When I signed the dotted line to walk out of the dealer with my car my due date stated the 28th of every month. Mind you I had been through a horrific experience. Messy separation cost me 56k in 2 months, super crapped my credit score hence leaving me little options. I had to go with whoever could get me financed. Well, lesson learned. I'm so close to giving them the car back and letting my credit tank. I have raised my score over 100 pts in 10 months with hard work and dedication to regaining my life.

Prestige not only stated they have never seen a due date of the 28th which is clearly printed on my paperwork. I sent them pictures of what I signed. They said my payment was due the 4th. I argued that and they were so "kind" to change it to the 15th. I get text and emails wanting to know when my payment will made and they would like to secure payment with my debit card. I refuse to give it to them since this situation has been very shady. I asked for all the paperwork in my file. I requested copies of what they have so I can compare it and radio silence. Hands down a scandalous place for sure!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I purchased a car in which this company was suppose to finance me. I was told that they were going to call me to welcome me and to verify my information. So I shook hands with my salesperson, got in my new car and went home. Well Prestige never contacted me. I got an email from the car dealership saying that my loan approval was going to expire if I didnt contact them (now mind you I already had the car and thought things were settled). When I called them, I sat on the phone for 40 minutes before I got a representative.

I gave them all the information they needed (landlord info etc). The lady said thank you and that should do it. I called and left messages at least 5 times to make sure they got a hold of my landlord for residence verification and to please let me know if they did not. No one ever returned my call. So I'm thinking everything must be ok. The other day I got a call from the dealership saying the loan had expired because prestige didnt get a hold of my landlord so they dropped the loan. What? So needless to say after having my new car for almost two weeks, I had to return it to the dealership. I will never do business with this company again. Thanks to them I'm without my car.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Their website says, "Customer service from people that care", and that is an absolute joke. I had scheduled to make a payment this past Friday. I had gotten hurt at work and got stuck in the doctor's office and could not get to the bank to make the payment. Instead of asking me how I am or saying, "I'm sorry you got hurt," all they were concerned about was the payment. I sent them a picture of the note from the doctor to verify that I was not able to get the payment made and I got an email back saying, "We don't care about the now. We care about the payment. We want it now." I have never dealt with the company like this before in my entire life. They are loan sharks.

I really wish I would have known about them when my dealer said, "Here's your Finance Company" because I would have gone running in the other direction at a hundred miles an hour. If you're 1 days past your due date they start badgering you and harassing you. They assume every one of their customers is lying to them at all times and that everyone is out to default on their loans. If you make some type of arrangement with them, and something comes up and you have to change that arrangement, OMG it's a deadly sin for that to happen. They will absolutely refuse to make another arrangement. They will tell you that you didn't follow through on the arrangement, they accuse you of breaking the arrangement on purpose and they questioned why you had to break the arrangement. I really need to find a different finance company that actually does provide good customer service.

All this place does is harass the hell out of you and threaten you all the time. Will send you a text a few days before your due date and the text will say if you need to make arrangements to pay later let them know. What they don't tell you is when you do make those arrangements to pay later, it's marked in your record that you paid late. Like I said earlier I wasn't able to pay this past Friday because I had gotten hurt then went ahead and ran my credit card anyway and I got dinged with a fee. Then they turned around and ran it again on Saturday, both times without my permission. Folks if you have any other options to finance a car do so. Stay as far away as you can from Prestige.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I had a car loan with them for 2 years and paid faithfully every month. I traded car off and dealer contacted them for payoff. Dealer paid car off and I find my score dropped by 50 freaking points because Prestige hit me for a missed payment. Stay away from this finance company!!! I was building my credit up and doing great... Up by 135 points then bammm my perfect score buildup drops by 50 overnight.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Bought a 2014 car for $18,000. After warranty, Gap insurance etc... $21,000. 6 year term, amount paid over life of loan $30,000. After 2 years and 3 months, car was totaled. With the payments that were made, automatically debited from my account for most part, insurance and GAP payments, they received more than $29,000 in just over 2 years. They are sending me text messages and emails almost daily telling me I still owe more than $3,000. I called GAP insurance as to why they didn't pay full balance due and they said it was because Prestige listed unclaimed interest as part of amount due and they don't pay that.

Prestige wanted to collect remaining 3.5 years interest on account, even though there is no car to collect it on so what are you receiving interest for. Because GAP insurance didn't pay this "unclaimed interest", when they received the money from the insurance companies, they collected their interest money from a 6 year loan and then some, leaving a balance on principal which will continue to collect interest and fees, and tell me that I need to pay it. So when it's all said and done they will have received more than $33,000- 3 times more than the value of the car. I don't care who you are or how bad you need a car, get a bus pass until you are able to get a loan from a real lender, not this loan shark. Scammed and duped in Ohio.

Prestige Financial Services Company Information