Salt Lake City, UT

1.4/5 (229 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Prestige Financial Services

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Prestige Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Financial Services?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Bought a car in Feb 2018. Been paying nearly 4 years. Still owe over $14 grand. They claim over $11 grand went to interest. Roughly $141 monthly towards principal. How is this legal? They won't tell me how long we are stuck in the contract. It seems we are on the short end of the stick. The employees are horrible at responding to emails. They refuse to explain why we still owe so much. I wish we wouldn't have signed with Prestige. I have said nothing false.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Jessica. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Prestige never post my payment on time. Offer a rate reduction. I never received it. Please stay 100 feet away. Prestige is not reporting my my own time payment to the credit bureau. Calling customers service dealing with a Employee name Brooke. She beyond rude. Try to have a return call from management. That never happens!!! Horrible financial company.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Anita. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I purchased a car in early 2018 for a total loan of 23,000$. Due to the pandemic I fell behind. I called today to get my payoff and was told it was $17000 left so so in 3 years you mean to tell me I only paid $6000? Totally impossible. This is highway robbery. The BBB, Federal government need to get involved. I am definitely going to take legal action. Not only do they harass you they make it hard for those that are already in a bad situation.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Brandi. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Updated on 11/05/2021: I wrote a review of Prestige, on 2 websites. On both the reply I received is: Prestige Financial Services response, "Hi, Brandi. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at ** or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you." I contacted them from the BBB website, and they just responded to me with the same exact lame excuse as before. "It is Prestige policy not to report your good credit even after you reaffirmed your loan with us. We won't change our policy."

That means all my prior great credit history to Prestige, my continued great credit with Prestige during a bankruptcy, and my ongoing good credit after the bankruptcy will no longer be reported to any of the major credit reporting bureaus. That means for me that my credit rating will not get better because Prestige refuses to report my outstanding good credit to them. Bad policy, and hurts their customers.

Original Review: I have an auto loan with PRESTIGE. PRESTIGE use to report my credit history to the credit bureaus. I never missed or have been late on payments to PRESTIGE. In 2020 I filed bankruptcy. I reaffirmed with PRESTIGE. After my bankruptcy I have continued to make payments to Prestige. In 2021 I found out that PRESTIGE will not now report my payment history to the credit bureaus. I am continuing to honor this auto loan agreement with PRESTIGE by continuing to make every payment on time. PRESTIGE will no longer report to the credit bureaus my ongoing good payment history.

I was emailed by a specialist named Breanne that read: "Payments are still due on the account since you reaffirmed. However, they are not able to be reported. I understand this is frustrating, and I apologize for the inconvenience. This is the policy set by our Compliance department, and we are unable to go against this policy." This is a bad business practice for PRESTIGE customers!!!

Prestige Financial Services response

Hey, Darla, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. Please reach out to us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can talk!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

This loan was supposed to offer a rate reduction program, although no matter the qualifications they continuously stated the account did not qualify. They refused to change the due date and instead charged substantially crimpling interest. Fast forward five years, offered a payoff/settlement to get out of the loan and they are refusing to even return my calls. I am contacting the FTC for help. I suggest everyone else do the same or DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello J - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

This company is the absolute worst to ever deal with. I lost my job my home due to Covid and have been financially struggling ever since Covid. This is the only company who has been destroying my credit score by constantly reporting even though I had my cousin to take over the payments so that the car can be paid and he’s doing the absolute best with being back to work only part time. Prestige caused me to be depressed and stressed out. I am now on antidepressants due to them calling harassing it. It’s been a total nightmare. This is the worst financial company to ever deal with. Do not deal with them. They are horrible.

I expressed in this company that the car that I actually got from the dealership is not the same car that was on my contract and they did absolutely nothing and it’s been five years now. I’ve done everything that I possibly can do to keep this car paid and these people they just make it hard. It’s like they want to absolutely make Life miserable. Not understanding they would not even do a payment deferment or anything during Covid. I would strongly encourage anyone who who are thinking of using this company to finance a car do not do it.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hello Patrice - we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience. Please contact us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can look more into your concern. We appreciate your business and would like to see if we can improve your Prestige experience!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I had fair credit and traded in a vehicle that was almost paid off. The dealership recommended Prestige. My fault, I should have done research. I get texts and calls daily, before my payment is even due every single month! Read that again, before I am even due! How can a company be allowed to harass you like this? I can't wait to get this loan paid off so it can be over.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hey, Mecky, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. Please reach out to us at experience@gopfs.com or call Kathryn at 801-844-2577 so we can talk!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I used this company to purchase a vehicle. Their interest rates are insane. $24k for a car worth $4-$5k. I definitely know better now. I began an interest free payment plan to pay off this debt. However, I got my balance down to under $4k and then the pandemic hit. I lost my job and have been unable to pay. These folks are suing me for almost $10k. I'm ready for my day in court. They have received well over the amount for this vehicle. I hope the judge really dismisses the entire case. These people are vultures that prey on people.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Faith. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Prestige Financial will purposely create suffering in your life to satisfy their own need for vindication. After losing my job etc my car was repossessed. No big deal, things happen. I've paid everything and provided all documentation and still can't even find out where to get my belongings let alone the car that I've paid to get back. My kid can't even get his 2nd vaccination without his card and these guys do. Not. Care. 0/10 do not recommend.

Original review: April 16, 2021

In October 2021, I found a car after filing bankruptcy due to being in two bad car accidents back to back. The dealership assured me I had a great deal with a great company regarding a 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport AWD. I was financing just under $20,000. I'm a 100% disables service connected veteran who gets my VA benefits deposited once a month on the 1st. Over the six months I've had this car, I've had zero luck getting the due date changed yet I've made every payment within the grace period.

Upon finding out my interest rate is 23.2% and that my balance six months is is $25,900 and I'd have paid over double if I stick with this loan. I began doing research and asking rate to be lowered. "Kathryn" who seems to be the person who addresses everyone's issues only cares about and represents this predatory lender's best interests, not the consumer. Communication with her proved this. Furthermore, this car is turning out to be a lemon with issues that neither Prestige or the dealer care to help fix. I've filed a complaint with BBB, with CFPB and with my state's AG. If you type in Prestige Financial into Google search, you'll find hundreds and hundreds of people who this company is harming with their predatory lending and illegal practices. Santander who is the same way, just lost a huge lawsuit and is paying out billions to people they screwed over.

Personally, I feel Prestige should be next on the chopping block. Their rates are illegal Usury Rates. They're practices are illegal and "Kathryn" who they have call to clean up any complaints does not care and will attempt to turn things around to place the blame on you. I've asked that my contract be canceled citing predatory lending and lemon laws. Kathryn tried to tell me I can't do that, but in all honesty I can. It's called a voluntary repossession. I don't want to go that route, but if I do I'd have all the documentation regarding all the avenues I've taken. That way if they try to sue for any balance owed Id have documentation to cover my butt. I'm honestly hoping enough people get other to sue them, the way Santander was sued. Lenders like Prestige and Santander need to be reported and held accountable for their predatory lending and illegal practices.

Prestige Financial Services response

Hi, Lottie. Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. A member of our staff, Kathryn, would like to speak with you and answer your concerns in this review. Please give her a call at 801-844-2577 or email experience@gopfs.com. Thank you.

Prestige Financial Services Company Information