PNC Mortgage

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About PNC Mortgage

Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, PNC Bank is one of the largest banks in the U.S. It has branch locations scattered throughout 29 states and Washington, D.C. and offers checking and savings accounts, credit cards, loans, mortgages and investment services. Some of PNC Bank's most popular accounts are its Virtual Wallet, which is an all-in-one checking and savings account, and its “S is for Savings” account for kids.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Variety of loan types
    • Check rates with no identifying information
    • Homeownership grants and special offers
    • Loan officers available seven days a week
    Cons
    • Physical branches in only 28 states
    • HELOC not available in all states

PNC Mortgage Reviews

Stars Rating

• 19%
    • 20%
    • 8%
    • 3%
    • 50%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC?
      Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2020

PNC has had my original mortgage for many years. I initially refinanced in 2015 expeditiously with no problems. It was all done locally. I started my most recent refinance process in July 2020 and just closed this month (November). I dealt directly (barely) with two PNC employees who were both in different states, one in Florida and the other in Ohio. I'm not sure where the underwriter was located but I think the title company rep was local. Believe me this was the most stressful and aggravating business process I have ever endured.

All business was conducted via email...The only time I was able to speak to a live person was when I called Customer Service and complained about not getting responses to my emails or return phone calls. Documents were asked for repeatedly. Every other week there was something else that they needed. Twice, I went to the local branch to have them fax what seemed to be a ream of paper. The local branch employees hated to see me coming I'm sure... The process took so long my credit report expired. Then there was the issue with my homeowners insurance. I have a site condo and PNC needed a statement from my management company verifying the amount of my association dues and that they were paid up to date (I had already emailed a copy of my up to date payment history from management company to them).

Only the management company puts the lot number behind the mailing address on our invoices/payment history and that became an issue with PNC. I tried to explain that each property owner was able to select their lot to build their home on and we selected lot #4 and it is not included in my legal address. PNC called my property insurance company asking questions about my mailing address and then the insurance company said they didn't insure condos.... Another problem. I told PNC I've never had a problem with insurance and that its a site condo. A single family home for which I was responsible for ALL maintenance.

Finally the insurance company had to add the #4 to my mailing address to satisfy PNC. This was not an issue in 2015. I kept receiving closing estimates via email and postal mail. A few days before closing I received a closing estimate that was higher than originally quoted. I could not get an answer as to why from any of the agents that were suppose to be helping me. I do not escrow my property taxes nor my homeowners insurance. Finally I learned the title company which is owned by PNC wanted me to pay at closing 2 months homeowners insurance payments AND my Winter property taxes. I told them my homeowners insurance is on automatic deduction from my checking account each month.

I even emailed them a copy of the statement from my insurance company verifying this. They still insisted that I pay two months premiums at closing therefore my homeowners insurance will be deducted from my checking account for Nov and Dec and I've already paid it at closing. I also told the title company that I have NOT received my winter property taxes and they aren't even mailed out until December, 2020. How do I know what the amount is going to be?? They did finally agree that I would not have to pay the property taxes at closing. None of this was and issue when I refinanced in 2015. It seems they were going after as much money as they could collect from me at closing. There was one thing after another trying to refinance. I probably would have gotten a better interest rate and customer service somewhere else. I DO NOT recommend using PNC. Communications and customer service is extremely poor.

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2020

I started my refinance process in August of 2020. I am a long time PNC customer and my mortgage has always been in good standing. I have a large amount of equity in my home and I am a solid borrower with no crazy circumstances. I was told that they were a little back logged with their underwriting process but that I should close no problem in 90 days or faster. I paid for the appraisal $850 and my fee to pull my credit $31. I provided all the necessary documentation they asked for in a timely manner. All information was in house at PNC by mid September. I waited....and I waited. I called several times for a status update.

All was moving along and it was just waiting for underwriting. I was set to close on or before the 7th of November. On the 5th I had not heard anything so I began calling my loan processor daily. I left several messages. On the 10th I called the general help line and reached another processor that said everything was still moving along and they are just back logged and I should be getting a call soon when they had finalized the final underwriting process. They encouraged me to sign up for the refinance tracker tool.

I signed up for the tool and when I logged in my anticipated closing date had changed to JANUARY 9th 2021!!!! FIVE MONTHS TO CLOSE!!!! Because of the delay I now need to submit all of the documentation I originally sent over in August because the pay stubs etc are STALE!!!! WHAT???? They were also charging me almost an entire point more than one of my local banks would charge. Needless to say PNC has lost a very loyal good paying consumer!!!! SAVE YOURSELF A HEADACHE AND DO NOT USE PNC.

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2020

I initiated a refinance with PNC Mortgage in June 2020 because I already had an existing mortgage with PNC. It is now Mid October 2020 and I cannot reach another human or the bank clerk that I started with in June 2020. Nothing changed, same address, same job, increased appraisal, etc. I would not recommend using PNC and I see there are quite a few others that have experienced the same issues. I wish I had read the reviews before I made the commitment.

Loan Process

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2020

Has been going through excruciating process of REFI for an already existing mortgage through PNC where these folks have my history. Every week, there is request for inconsequential records/ documents delaying the REFI by almost 5 months. Very disappointed.

StaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2020

PNC has pushed the closing on the sale of our home 6 times after requiring 60 days initially to close. Their loan officers went on vacation and didn't hand the file off to any other person. After numerous inquiries as to what is continuing to push the closing out, after the clear to close, the bank is blaming it on the buyer who has submitted all their paper work twice. Horrible company to deal with. We still haven't closed and there are no explanations. No we pay about the mortgage payment. Do not consider working with PNC.

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2020

I applied for my mortgage 4/20. My house was ready to close mid July. Since time passed, PNC needed to re-run credit and asked for pay stubs, bank statements, etc. Every day from this processor he said, "We just need one more thing and we are so close to closing." He dragged this on and on and kept requesting more information. Guess what, I closed mid Aug. The day of the closing, the title was still not correct because the processor had the wrong names on it. He was fired two weeks before my closing. I wonder why? Everything was a mess and PNC cost me tons of money in hotel/storage costs and other expenses. I plan to refinance after my first payment. I made a complaint to BBB and they were no help. PNC never offered to reduce my closing costs despite the delays which were totally on their part. I had probably 5-6 closing dates. Very upsetting for me and my son. Never again!!! Go to your local bank. You may pay .50 pt more, but you will get customer service - not at PNC. Because of them, I could have been in my house in july instead of aug.

Reviewed Aug. 19, 2020

Applied online for a mortgage, didn't hear anything. Received an email a week later and haven't heard from anyone. 72 phone calls later (calling 5 times a day and leaving multiple messages to the loan officer assigned to me (Suzanne **)), still haven't heard a word.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2020

PNC Mortgage bought my loan years ago. They have charge me late fees without explanation and forced me to pay, I pay on line only. There was no option to pay just without the late fee. When I called and asked for my $ back and asked for an explanation why the late charge? They just said, "We do not write checks" and hung up. But they expect you to write one... Hmmmm. New tactic now, they call and ask you to pay on the day it's due? What???? I just don't get this bank- I will never do business with this bank...

Reviewed July 31, 2020

This is the most incompetent group of employees I've ever met in my life. Property tax and hazard insurance increases are way too complicated for this company apparently as they keep collecting the same amount in my payment every month, regardless of the actual amount that gets billed by the insurance company and county tax dept. They pay the actual amounts just fine (thank god) but inexplicably can't/won't adjust the escrow collection amount so the escrow shortage account just keeps adding up. My payment stays the same (which is nice, but inaccurate). Calling in to inquire about the reason is fruitless, these people are boneheads, it's like talking to a wall! I'm refinancing away from this company, bye bye PNC!

Reviewed July 8, 2020

Refinanced existing PNC mortgage thru PNC. They quoted me a monthly payment of $1200. A week before closing my settlement closure statement came in at $1350. I told them I wasn’t comfortable with that amount and wasn’t closing. Two days later I got revised settlement statement with payment back to $1200. I closed on loan. Six months later PNC raising my monthly payment back to $1350. Neither homeowners insurance or taxes increased so what’s the increase based on. Fighting with them for 4 months and they can’t answer that question. Those monthly payment numbers were deliberately changed so I would close on this loan.

Customer ServiceLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed June 22, 2020

I was pre-approved for a loan and found a house for an amount significantly less than the pre-approved amount. The loan went to underwriting and this represented the response from the underwriter, "I don't like that he is making less than he did in the previous two years, his debt to income ratio is 60%, and his student loans are in forbearance." The notion that my debt to income ratio represents 60% is outrageous considering my calculation is less than 35%. The underwriter should keep opinions out of the process.

My base salary is less than the previous two years but I possess more earning potential. Finally, everyone that possesses a federal student loan was notified their student loans would be placed in forbearance automatically by the Cares Act. I didn't even think this would be a problem. I was making monthly student loan payments at zero interest. I've possess two mortgages in the past and have a credit score of 810. I just wanted to try something new and what a joke. If you're thinking of using PNC as a mortgage lender. Don't walk away. RUN!!!

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed June 17, 2020

The PNC lending department at the Jacksonville, FL branch are the most unprofessional lenders I have ever worked with before. They never respond to emails until they need something. Their lack of communication is very unprofessional. They act as if they never receive your emails when they miss something or make a mistake. You can send them all the correct paperwork and they will still say they are missing something because they lack the ability to check their emails properly. They do not reply to emails until after working hours and then act as if you are the reason for the delay. I do not recommend PNC to any of our clients and I never will! I never give bad reviews on lenders but this one just really needed to be done.

Reviewed May 5, 2020

I started my application on april 1st for a home equity line of credit. I have a 801 credit score and my home is paid off appraised at 482K. I am a 1099 employee and have one credit card with a 590.00 balance. I have been a PNC customer for 35 years and my income is over 100K but I started a LLC November 2019. I was told I should ask for a 200K equity line which in fact I only needed 60K. They denied me for 200K saying my debt to income was too much.. And even denied 60K!!!! I don't have DEBT but they wouldn't listen. I would take a gamble on me 100 times over asking for 60K on a 482K house... TAKE MY HOUSE if I don't pay your couple hundred dollar a month loan.. geez.

Anyhow, I applied last Friday at another bank.. Monday I was approved. I asked the new bank, "Why do you think PNC denied me?" She said, "I have no idea at all. I sent this to my underwriter and they approved you within minutes. You are really no risk at all.." DUH!!! Well.. PNC you just lost a loyal customer for 35 years. OH I forgot to mention... They did give me a 25K personal loan HA HA HA HA.. So they are taking a risk of a 25K personal loan with no collateral but they won't give me 60K equity line with a 482K house..?? MORONS!!!!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed April 29, 2020

So, my experience starts with a little background. My significant other and I were attempting to progress in our life at 27. We decided instead of moving apartments/houses we would just make a huge step in the right direction and purchase our first home but, we had no idea where to start. We contacted a few realtors and loan providers but, as it was our first time we were a bit weary so instead of going with an independent provider we decided to go for a corporation because we knew they would have the money to give us a great deal.

We were right! we had great estimates and we were sold 2 awesome options by one of the PNC mortgage representatives but, there was so much that they did not explain to us. So we followed a few suggestions from friends and family, we got pre-approved for a set amount on a loan, then we contacted a realtor to show us some probable house options, after a few weeks of searching we found a place we wanted to buy. We went ahead and applied for the house, sent the information between the realtor and the bank agent over the course of 2 weeks and everything seemed to be going great... but, we were wrong.

So about 3 weeks before closing they informed us that they needed more paperwork. They didn't explain why. They just requested it, we complied simply because again, we have no idea what this all entails. During this time they never hinted or even referenced that we could still be denied later AFTER being pre-approved for the loan... (none of our financial situation had changed during this time) so, we moved forward and paid $1000 to inspect the house we were planning to buy and deposited another $1000 as an earnest deposit on the house.

A week later, 2 weeks before we were supposed to close, we received an email stating that we couldn't be fully approved because of our combined DTI and the only way we could ensure we were approved for this loan was to lower our DTI or get another cosigner. We inquired about lowering our DTI then 2 days later they said that was not actually an option, the only option was to get another cosigner.

So, after 2 months of running around, $2000 deep in funds already spent (1000 was applied to a credit card which we ended up paying off a few weeks later), being pre-approved for this loan, we were presented with an option that was not feasible... I would HIGHLY recommend to avoid using their service, they will waste your money, your time, and just laugh at you in the end when you demand to be compensated for their lack of knowledge and information relay. I really wish we knew there was a "final review" process before we even decided to attempt to use them. TL;DR We lost $2,000 and 2 months of precious house hunting time due to PNC being negligent, We will be using another loan provider come time we attempt round 2 of buying a house, I would suggest the same to other prospect buyers. Thank you for reading.

Reviewed March 17, 2020

I thought PNC would be a good company for a new home mortgage since they were large and well known. I had a home equity line for over 10 years with them on my previous home and never had an issue. When I first requested the loan I gave the PNC agent all the info. He said it would be no problem as long as he had 30 days because it was 2 weeks before the holidays. We were scheduled to close on Feb 1st because we were closing on our house we had lived in for 25 yr on 01/31.

When I questioned Reid, the PNC agent, on 1/28 as to why we still didn’t have a time set up for the closing, I found out there was a problem and the closing would have to be delayed. I couldn’t believe I was never told anything until 3 days before the closing! We were so fortunate that we had an excellent realtor, Pam **, who knew of a different terrific lender named Heather ** from Riverside Mortgage. She had us closed by 2/19 and Pam made arrangements for us to rent our new house until then. PNC was horrible and everyone should think twice before using them.

Reviewed March 14, 2020

This may be a good mortgage company. It certainly does not provide a user friendly experience for their web page. I am not able to login. A new password was mailed to me after 5 days contacting them. I put in the new password and says it needs my phone number. I am not able to give them my phone number because it will not let me login. A perfect example of poor customer experience for their online account and structure. And they want more business!!!!

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2020

PNC is inept, incompetent uncaring unhelpful garbage of a company. Avoid at all costs. These companies and banks do not provide competent responsible service. They hope you give up and they keep your money and rip you off. They put you on hold again and again, play dumb and won't provide a supervisor. They just put you on hold and forget about you like a sick game. PNC is horrible!

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2020

On December 6 2019 I submitted my mortgage payment to PNC Bank using TD Bill Pay. Pnc is claiming that they never received the payment and gave different stories about my mortgage payment. At one point told me they received a payment but it had an invalid account number meaning that my mortgage account number was wrong but the number they claim to have is my checking account number so they had enough information to refund the money back to td banks which they never did.

Also I have used td bill pay for years to pay my mortgage and it was never a problem. Information stored so you just click and pay, but my problem is that neither Td bank or Pnc bank want to be responsible for my money. No one want to help me on tracking my money which I understand it can’t be that hard. All I know is it was taken out of my account and never refunded to my account, leaving me to make extra payments for December, with no hope to get my money back.

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2020

If you are considering PNC Bank for a home mortgage please reconsider. We started the application process but withdrew after several errors and omissions. We thought the process would be easier because our current mortgage was with PNC Bank. Here's some of what happened, they omitted one of our incomes from the application, transposed our phone numbers, so each time we tried to use DocuSign we had to exchange phones, offered no advice when asked about questions on the application, overestimated that value of our home, and did not lower the estimate when asked to do so. Required an appraisal ($850) when other lenders said it was not necessary. We cancelled our loan application with PNC and we are about to complete the process with another lender, no appraisal required and a lot less stress. If you are considering PNC Bank for a home loan be prepared for endless problems and unnecessary fees.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffRates

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2019

Been with PNC mortgage for a long time. Never been late on a payment and they contacted me to lower my interest rate at a ridiculous price of 6K. Six thousand to do a little paperwork is insulting to someone who has been a loyal customer and made them a lot of money. They claim to be interested in helping me, but my perception is they are only interested in helping themselves to as much of my money as they possibly can. Well I do have choices, so I think it's time to find a lender with a heartbeat.

Reviewed Dec. 25, 2019

My loan was purchased by PNC. I attempted to pay off my arrearage via a lump sum amount and was told to get lost. They stated that I couldn't afford the house. I am receiving SSDI and SSI payments and they refused to comply with any program to try and assist me. Their only focus was on foreclosure. PNC refused to consider any other option, although several were available. I lost my house after years of payments were made.

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2019

I got a HELOC so we could cover some home repairs while putting the house on the market to sell since I already had a PNC Mortgage on the home. They really pushed me to open a PNC account so they could auto draft payments for a small discount, but I knew this would only be open a few months and it wasn't worth the headaches so I declined. I was busy going back and forth between where I was living and working during the week, and the home we were packing and prepping to go on the market on the weekends, I had mail coming to both addresses, and it was chaos. The mail piled up.

I could have sworn I set up payments with my bank, but I was wrong. Once I could breathe and go through all the mail, I found that the first missed payment was less than $3 and they hit me with a $40 late fee. After one more late payment, they closed the HELOC and reported me to the credit bureaus, dropping my FICO by over 100 points. They had my cell phone, but never called, and they had my email, but the only communication from them other than snail mail was an emailed survey request.

Luckily my home sale closes soon and that will pay off both the PNC Mortgage (which was never late or missed by the way) and the HELOC, but communication is not their strong point. I have formally requested that they remove the late report from my credit report, but they are taking the full 30 days to "investigate" and despite my calls asking for an update or any info, they have returned none of my calls.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2019

In 2017 I purchased a condo and chose PNC as my lender. This was my second home purchase. I had converted my first home to rental property. I didn't like the idea of paying PMI every month on my new mortgage, but I couldn't afford to pay 20% of the purchase price to avoid it. I did have enough money saved to 10% down. Since then, I sold my rental property. I decided the prudent thing to do would be to take some of the proceeds from that sale and apply it to the principal balance on my PNC mortgage to eliminate PMI. I called PNC and asked how much I would need to pay toward principal to eliminate PMI. The PNC representative I spoke with explained that I had two options.

One, I could pay roughly $350 to get my home appraised and if the value of my home had increased enough, PMI would be removed. I knew that was an option, and I'm sure my condo would appraise high enough for PMI removal, but I didn't want to pay $350. She said my second option was to write a check for $10262.72 and mail it to PNC Mortgage noting that it was to be applied to principal only and that it was for PMI removal. That amount made sense to me because it was the exact amount I owed to reach 20% of the purchase price of the condo. I wrote the check and mailed it on November 5th. It was over three weeks before the payment was finally applied. Why it took that long, I have no idea.

After the payment was applied, I logged onto the PNC website to make sure the amount of my next payment had been reduced. It had not. I called PNC to ask why and was told that unfortunately, I was misinformed by the first PNC representative. I was told that I still need to pay for an appraisal to remove PMI. I informed that PNC representative that I was very disappointed and that I plan to refinance with another mortgage company.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2019

I intended on opening a HELOC on my primary residence, and after researching I decided to apply with PNC. I have excellent credit, good income, and no debt. I completed my application in September, and was approved 9 weeks later. My loan officer was lackadaisical, and hardly responsive. Due to her unprofessional behavior I decided not to sign, and bring my business elsewhere.

Customer ServiceLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2019

I've been with PNC for over 20 years and have always refinanced with them. However, this time has been a bit of a nightmare. I have faxed over the all the documentation and each time I'm told that that everything is approved awaiting the loan lock. When I sent emails for updates I get no response. Several days later I'm told by Julia that she will get back to me once she talks to Franco ** loan officer. I've waited over two weeks and no response. I started this loan process the middle of September and it's now November. This has been a horrible experience to the point of me cancelling the loan and going with another lender. I can't believe after reading other reviews that there has not been any resolution to the many complaints. I'm so upset and would like to submit a formal request to management.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedLoan Process

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2019

My mortgage sold my loan to PNC Mortgage, and is been a nightmare from the last 3 months. They never sent me a notification not either a way to pay the loan. I have to call many times. I try to make automatic payments and is a pain to enroll in their system. Last month they locked me out of the system and to reset the password they need to mail the temporary password I have not received until today, and today when I called to made my payment and ask for new password they charged me a fee even though is not my fault. I asked the lady to waive the fee because is a first time, but she refused. I am very disappointed and upset at this mortgage company, because I did not choose to do business with them, and they do not care because they know if I do not pay on time is my problem. Stay away from them.

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2019

We had banked with PNC for almost 40 years and thought we’d apply for a mortgage with them since they knew us. Big mistake! Despite FICO scores over 800 they would not approve us. They kept asking for more and more documents. After faxing over a ream of paper, we applied somewhere else and were approved in a few days. PNC mortgage staff - Andrew ** and his boss Katie ** were terrible- they would never take responsibility. It was always “the underwriters are asking, not us.” I’ll never work with them again. They don’t return phone calls and you can never reach them. PNC was terrible!

Rates

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2019

Fall of 2018 they removed the feature to pay online and make a payment to principal only. I didn't catch it until 2 months after the fact. The auto pay for interest I had set up was much lower and I couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed the payment I made to principal was removed and it went to the interest. The only way to do this now is to mail in a check (waste of money in this electronic world) or to go to a PNC branch and make a payment in person. Who has time for that this day and age? Not to mention a waste of my personal time and gas to get to the bank. Ridiculous feature to remove when it's very simple. I think I'll just get a new HELOC at my own bank. I did this through PNC for my son to use on his home. He had the account there so I tied the loan to his checking. We both have been unhappy for many other reasons but I guess those would be separate reviews.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2019

Called to get some answer to my question. The first lady, could not answer my question. Transfer to another person... he somewhat answered my question then transferred to another lady. She was extremely rude before she listens to me she wanted to transfer to the department I just spoke. I asked her if I could speak to the supervisor. She said the supervisor not available. I asked her can you have your supervisor call me. She then offered to help me. I said I do not want to bounce around, I really would like either her supervisor to speak to me or have her call me. Either way, she was not cooperating with me. She then stopped speaking to me.

Past 30 years I bank with Chase, Wells Fargo, and PNC. Never had any issue with Chase or Wells Fargo. NEVER had any late payment, over-drafted. Actually never paid any fees with ANY bank. I just wanted to understand a few processes so I could get money back due to 3000.00 overpaid. Also wanted to transfer 70K to PNC. If it now normal business hour I would walk up and close with PNC forever. It's OK, I will do that tomorrow for sure.

Punctuality & SpeedLoan Process

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2019

Don't even think about refinancing with them. I had all my paperwork on time every time. Fair credit. Needed to refi to fix a few things. Nothing major. Almost 2 months later was denied. Reason. Floor wasnt fixed. Duh. I pulled out tiles to add new ones. Also. Basement not finished. Duh whose basement is finished in Philly? Mine isnt falling apart. It's in really good condition. And said I had a leak in back room. Incorrect. No leak. That was fixed a year ago. I just need to paint. But how will I be able to do anything if I was rejected. And I only owe 25 thousand in my property. I guess I shouldnt refi. Their loss. I have a beautiful home. I truly think all hell would've broken loose if refi would have passed. Thank god it didnt.

Reviewed Sept. 3, 2019

Horrible experience today with PNC. Their Chat doesn't work. Their number answers after 40 minutes to tell you to call another number. Then when you get to the next number it drops your call. One hour shot. Would take nothing to talk me out of my mortgage with this company.

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2019

We unfortunately had to file bankruptcy. Ever since then every statement has had a fee attached to it from $15 to $250. When you ask them all they say is that they can not discuss the account as it is in bankruptcy and all they can do is take the money. I asked who I can talk to and I get transferred to a lawyer who will not return calls. We asked them to remove the PMI as we only owe 70% of market value. They refused stating bankruptcy voids all previous transactions. They are so incredibly crooked and as soon as we can refinance we are dropping them soooo fast. Do NOT use these people.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed July 23, 2019

If I could give them zero stars, I would. We entered into a contract to purchase a home and everything seemed to go so smoothly for the first 7 days or so. I paid for the appraisal and after that, things went downhill fast. The Loan Officer had the wrong number to set up the appraisal and rather than reach out to our realtor I guess they decided it would be best to do nothing and let a week go by before trying to find the correct number. I was told on 6/28/19 the Loan Processor was going to contact me within a few business days. 12 days later with no response I took it upon myself to call PNC's main line and track them down myself. Finally touched base with him and he needed additional documentation (understandable) which I provided within 12 hours back to him.

A few days later, mind you, I sent two follow up emails and left a voicemail to confirm the documentation was received. He finally called me back Friday after 4pm, needing additional documentation which was provided to him within 24 hours. During this conversation I expressed my frustrations with the lack of communication I have received during this entire process and that I felt it was not my responsibility to be chasing after PNC employees when I am doing my part in providing all documentation in a timely manner. The loan processor then advises he will have his manager reach out to me to provide assistance. Fast forward another week - no response from anyone in regards to a status of this loan until the following Friday at 5pm I receive an email from the loan processor needing additional documentation. Frustrated, I postponed dinner plans and provided the information within the hour.

Fast forward to Monday, we are to settle on Thursday, moving company is scheduled, utilities are scheduled, the list goes on and needless to say, I reach out yet again for a status update and come to find settlement will not be occurring Thursday. "They have done everything they can in effort to make that happen". The last day of our rate lock was also Thursday. And if you were wondering about the manager contacting me, that never happened either until I called, left her a voicemail and followed up with an email. She did respond via email stating they have done everything they could do. My advice - find a mortgage company that is just as happy for you to be purchasing a home as you are. Find a company that cares and is willing to communicate with you along the way.

Rates

Reviewed July 20, 2019

Charged exorbitant amount for appraisal and assigned to one of the useless company and that fellow gave much less than the market value, finally I could not go with the loan. Never go to this bank, though they offer lower rate.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed July 10, 2019

This is my second refinancing with PNC. First time was a piece of cake. This time a complete disaster. Six different reps have been assigned so far. Not one of them has done anything or been in contact with me. All documents have been submitted numerous times, with no progress. Now my closing is delayed. Not a response from any of the 6. I’m out $800 in fees and back to beginning the process from scratch.

Reviewed June 11, 2019

I am a Realtor that has dealt with many mortgage companies over the years. I can honestly say they get the award for worst company for me to deal with. It was my first time using them and had I known then what I know now, I would have strongly suggested my clients use another company and we could have settled on time instead of delaying settlement for 2 days. It's not so funny when the utilities have been scheduled to be turned on in the new home, the moving truck has been scheduled and the apt complex has been notified of the move on a certain date. Then to find out the day before we can't settle the next day, well, let's just say I was more than livid. I'm just glad the whole settlement didn't fall apart for the sake of my clients.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed June 10, 2019

PNC makes the now defunct Countrywide Mortgage look like an honest and compliant business by comparison to PNC. Dealing with PNC mortgage over the past seven years that just keeps getting worse. First PNC repeatedly has refused to discuss refinancing of my loan or other matters without the involvement of my then, now ex-husband. Second, PNC repeatedly has breached its own loan refinancing policies. Third, my receipt of important communications and the privacy and security of my personal consumer, financial, tax and other sensitive information is recurrently mishandled. Following these actions, I have received stalking and phishing phone calls and emails and other suspicious contacts from parties that have claimed a relationship with PNC.

Even after having been notified of these problems, PNC repeatedly has failed to investigate and redress problems, has sent mail other to the secured mail address agreed upon at the beginning of these issues and, in connection with my repeated effort to refinance my loan, has repeatedly falsely denied receipt of and required recurrent resubmission of sensitive tax, business trade secret and other personal and business financial information despite that it already has already acknowledged previously receiving that information.

Through this and other false, misleading and irresponsible conduct with respect to the handling of my application and the sensitive data, not only have I been forced to re-expend literally more than 100 additional hours resubmitting information that I already received acknowledgement from PNC that it previously received from me, it has delayed processing of my application by more than 90 days and counting while forcing me to resend and retransmit this sensitive data over and over again then failed to take timely action to investigate and redress suspicious activity (e.g. telephone calls and emails that reflect a breach of this sensitive data).

This has recurred over and over again despite having spoken with "Kevin" in its executive team about these issues more than 90 days ago and having been reassured that my "single point of contact" would receive and appropriately manage this data to ensure its timely and safe handling. Of course, this also was false. In fact, the "single point of contact" say they don't receive the information mailed to them in reliance upon these representations and whenever a problem arises, make clear they just read the list of requests and that everything else is above their pay grade. Discussions with Supervisors, "Executive Escalation Team members" and "officers" don't make a difference. Based on these and other recurrent, unrepentant and unredressed issues, I would urge anyone considering any banking or mortgage transaction of any kind to avoid PNC and all of its affiliates at all costs.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed May 17, 2019

Prior to my loan being sold to PNC, I was able to easily set up online payments, set and forget, and never had a late or missed payment. Then the loan was sold to PNC. They don't allow online bill pay unless you set up a checking account with them, and I'm not interested in them getting any more of my money. Their mazes of robot phone menus are the most anger-inducing that I have encountered anywhere. I can't get them to take off PMI even though the loan is well below 80% of the total value. It's 2019, and there should be an easier to way to make a payment than to put a paper check in the mail. Their customer service reps are not helpful. One of them lied to me saying that there would be a way to set up auto payments after a pending payment posted. In short, the entire experience with PNC has been awful. Unfortunately, I have no control over who my loan is serviced by.

Reviewed May 12, 2019

They are sneaky, underhanded and downright liars! They make you think they are helping you and they added something to what they are saying. The refinance isn’t adding money. It’s the same. And when you have questions they never get back to you!

Reviewed May 7, 2019

I've had an absolute nightmare trying to use PNC for a new mortgage. My husband and I are existing mortgage holders via a refinance with PNC. That home was sold and closed on Monday, May 6. We also do all of our banking with PNC. We both have excellent credit ratings. No outstanding liens and or debts or settlements against us. Our credit ratings are individually 800+, our debt to equity ratio is a lender's dream. Where we have run into the PNC Mortgage nightmare has been:

1. The amount of time our loan has been with underwriting 45+ days and we still are waiting on PNC to resolve a property description issue. The title company says the home is not in a PUD, the appraiser agrees that the home is not in a PUD, the county does not have it zoned as a PUD, the neighborhood covenants and restrictions do not listed as a PUD yet PNC’s underwriting team insists that it is in a PUD. This has caused us a delay of over two weeks. They have known this was an issue since March 25. Today is May 7.
      2. I was not notified of the problem until May 1 and we were originally scheduled to close on May 7.
      3. The evidence that this home is not in a PUD was provided to PNC two weeks ago from the title company it has since been provided 4 more times. The appraiser is satisfied the title company is satisfied yet PNC holds onto this as an issue and they refuse to resolve it. This has been in their hands for the last five days to take care of.
      4. I have spent days trying to get response from PNC I have stepped in and coordinated sharing of all the documents. I have gotten from the appraisor, the title company, the realtor and PNC on an email to share information. I’m lucky if I hear from PNC once a day and even when I do they offer no resolution nor any kind of a progress report.
      5. I escalated this with my local banker yesterday. He attempted to try to help me but unfortunately the way PNC’s mortgage entities are structured they have their loan officers located in Jacksonville Florida, their underwriters are located in Austin Texas, their mortgage division is based in Michigan, and their headquarters are in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. You cannot escalate, you cannot register a complaint and you can’t speak to a manager when you ask for one.

6. Loan processing constantly puts the blame on other groups involved...first it was the title company then it was the appraiser then it became their underwriter and now it’s back to the title company or the appraiser. Unfortunately they cannot point a finger any longer because the title company and the appraiser are in alignment. Now they’ve gone radio silent.

I wouldn’t wish PNC mortgage on my worst enemy. Based on our experience, my opinion is that the mortgage division is an embarrassment to PNC.

Reviewed May 5, 2019

I reached out to the PNC in Bexley, Ohio as my retired neighbor had a good experience there several years ago. I was routed to a PNC mortgage officer who worked with "online" mortgages through pncmortgage.com. All documents were sent by e-mail from this website address. After informing me that my application was approved, and charging me $545.00 in loan processing fees (which he assured me I would receive back at closing), I received a letter stating that my application was "incomplete." This is the only mortgage loan document I received in hard copy in the mail. The loan processor would not return my calls, and the mortgage officer -- also avoiding my calls -- represented by e-mail that he would "resubmit" my application. He did not do that.

In trying to make sense of what had happened, I contacted the PNC Mortgage Department. I was informed it had no record of my loan or application under the loan number on the documents sent by pncmortgage.com. I consulted with an IT expert on this website, pncmortgage.com, who told me that it appears to be hosted/outsourced to Amazon web services. It is registered to PNC, but PNC does not appear to be operating it. I believe pncmortgage.com may be a fraudulent site for a number of reasons, including the robocalls it generated and the lack of security certification on its documents. I would strongly encourage readers of this review to avoid pncmortgage.com and to report as spam any e-mails from this site. I am not sure of my next steps, but I did want to share my experience.

Reviewed April 30, 2019

The customer service is awful. The executives are no help. Underwriting, forget about it. Don't get me started. Please listen. Stay as far away as possible from PNC Bank for your mortgage needs. They are terrible. PNC has gone downhill as a financial institution.

Reviewed April 6, 2019

I applied for a HELOC Mortgage on 3/27/2019. I have a bankruptcy that is 6 years old and about to be removed from my credit report. I have been told by Mortgage companies that I am able to apply for Mortgages now so I considered PNC Bank. Between my husband and I we have a total income of over $200K combined. In addition, I have rebuilt my credit and show no late payments. At first when we applied, the loan processor over the phone stated all we needed was a 660 credit score to apply. So we went through the process and obtained a pre-approval. Then we were referred to a Mortgage Broker who began the process. At first she tells me all looks very good and that she needed additional documentation which I provided regarding my bankruptcy.

After 2 weeks of communications between her and I, she indicates that we would be closing April 10, 2019 and asked if we were ok with a mobile notary so that we can complete the closing. I agree and she stated that she needed to talk to certain creditors we would be pay off and that we would need to be on the phone line so that we could giver her third party approval so she could speak to the creditors. Then she advises that the final approval was being reviewed with the Underwriter and that they would give a final answer. They even went as far as having an appraisal company come to the house and conduct the appraisal. In the meantime, PNC banks sends a letter saying we were conditionally approved but the approval was contingent on the appraisal which is understandable.

The appraisal came in WAY over what we were asking for a refinance. We have over $110K in equity. After all this process, I do not hear from the Mortgage Broker and I get an email from PNC bank stating that the “status” of our application had changed and we would be receiving a response in 3-5 business days. So I decided to call the Mortgage Broker I was working with at PNC Bank and I advised her that I wanted to find out the current status because I received an email stating the status of our application had changed.

As a result, the Mortgage Broker then tells me that we were not approved because of my bankruptcy and recent credit accounts that were opened (which I have paid on time). To be quite honest, in my opinion, I feel we were misled by PNC and we spent a lot of time and energy with this bank in getting our hopes up by them and then to destroy our hopes in the end for a refinance with our property. I will be looking elsewhere and do not recommend them for a Mortgage. Consumer beware!

Reviewed March 27, 2019

After going through a terrible mortgage process with PNC in Ohio, months of requests followed by denial, I was nervous when a close friend tried to get a PNC mortgage in Florida. I believe they train their people to falsely mislead you. They tell you everything looks great and you are pre-approved. Then they spend months coming up reasons to keep you on the hook. The same thing happened to both of us at different branches in different states. Both of us went elsewhere and got financed. PNC is engaged in unethical practices by misleading consumers, costing money, time and undue stress. This time we are filing complaints with the BBB and the state attorney's office. I hope others will do the same. There are hundreds of reviews with the same experience.

Reviewed March 1, 2019

PNC bought my mortgage and I have had nothing but problems with them since they bought it. They jacked up my payment because my escrow was supposedly going to be short and I called to inquire why since we had only had the mortgage for 3 months before they bought it. They claimed my taxes were going up and my insurance was going up all of that would raise what was needed in escrow to cover outlays. Well I just found out my escrow was considerably over what was needed, my payment should have never been raised. They supposedly sent a check out too but it was "still in the mail".

Don’t think that would work if I just keep telling them my mortgage payment is “in the mail”. I had to fight to get a login to my account to actually see the escrow account activity because they will send a payment coupon book and it arrives in two days but when they owe you money, it is "in the mail". When I called for online banking they first said I was not on the loan...except I am the co-borrower, so I am most certainly on the loan, then they changed the story and said, "Well our computer system can only handle the first person on the loan." They would have to get me a special number and if I didn't want to hold she would give me a call. Guess what? I didn't get until I filled out their survey and complained.

Seriously, online banking has been around for 20 years and your computer system cannot handle more than a single login. You also can't pay online unless you have a bank account with them. Can they actually expect that customers who experience nothing but problems and regressive business practices will then be dumb enough to let them control even more of their money? I wouldn't open a savings account for 5 cents let alone let them manage hundreds of thousands of dollars. Again, ACH payments and eChecks are all the rage now (you know for the last 15 years at least). If you have to make a payment, they rather charge you a fortune for the privilege of paying your note by phone.

I just mail them a check to save the fee but somehow, I expect eventually I will get a bill for that too. This is a typical Podunk bank that thinks it can do banking better. You know it is bad when I call Wells Fargo to beg for them to purchase my mortgage from PNC or refinance the loan to get away from PNC. We have not even been with them for a year and even the Builders Mortgage Company did a better job of managing the loan than these bozos.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2019

I have been a customer of PNC Mortgage for approximately 14 years and have made my monthly mortgage payment every month on time. In November 2018 I lost my home in the Camp Fire in Paradise, CA. I called PNC. Reported the loss, my house was totally destroyed, and continued to make my required monthly mortgage payments on time. It took us approximately 2 months to settle the homeowners claim with my insurance company.

In early February I contacted PNC Loss Claims Department to inquire about their process. I was told by their customer service department that I needed to request a pay-off quote from a different department, include that along with the insurance check, endorsed by us, not to make the February mortgage payment and include a letter requesting that the proceeds be used to pay off my existing mortgage. They also stated that once all the information was received, the funds would be applied and the overage, a sizable amount, would then be returned to me and all this took 10 days. I enclosed a prepaid return envelope for their convenience. They received all of the requested information on February 11, 2019 and confirmed with me via telephone that everything was received and in order.

On February 12, 2019, they sent me paperwork required if I were rebuilding my house. I called again and was told to ignore this information but they did not have the pay-off quote-they had confirmed receipt of this on the 11th. It required me to call the mortgage department for another pay-off. The mortgage customer service depart was very accommodating. On February 13th they confirmed that everything was in order. They forwarded my paperwork to a corporate office to have the funds applied. On February 15th I received a call from the collections department looking for my February payment I called in and spoke to a customer service rep who took the information and tracked it through their system. She was also kind enough to waive the late charges that were charged to my account.

I called again today on February 26th and was told that my paperwork was deemed received on 2/14, 3 days later than actually received, and that it now takes 10 days to process my pay-off and then up to another 20 days for them to return the overage to me! This was not the information they gave me about their own process when I first called in. First they gave me incorrect information about their process and timing, then they continued to lie about how long the process takes. This morning I find out that it will now take up to 20 additional days to receive my overage. I am very unhappy with the absolute substandard customer service received from the loss claims department. I will never use the company again.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2018

In January 2018 we refinanced our mortgage with PNC Bank, NA. As a part of that we changed flood insurance from Wright (FEMA) to a private company. PNC required us to pay a full year of the flood insurance cost up front to bind the contract before they would write the re-mortgage. We did. A copy of the new declaration, the payment voucher, and the new policy were forwarded to the loan officer who assured us it was put into our file.

In March the old flood insurance lapsed (we thought) and the new policy took effect. In late September we received a new escrow statement claiming we owed over $12000 by November 1st. When I checked, they had paid the cancelled insurance premium (even though all of the data for the new policy they approved was on file). So far we have had to pay PNC an additional $7200 to rebuild the escrow account that they emptied erroneously and have not gotten any of our almost $10,000 back from Wright Insurance or PNC. PNC has not been overly helpful, even though they do admit that the papers were on file. Now they are poised to pay out the same erroneous policy payment for 2019! Avoid PNC Mortgage at all costs -- or it might really cost you. It has cost me.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedLoan Process

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2018

I have referred clients to the local branch so I decided to get a new HELOC from PNC for my personal home. It has been 2 months since they started the process. Delay after delay after delay. I have income over $200k. I have a home with a market value over $400k. I have no current mortgage on the property whatsoever! I have a credit rating of 780. The excuses this bank has given me are ludicrous! When they don't return phone calls I get a supposed "mass email" saying they had 3rd party issues with their phone system. Really? The HELOC was supposed to close yesterday. It was all set up with a 3rd party title company who I spoke with directly. I get a call in the a.m. saying they are having system problems and cannot print the required documents for the closing. REALLY? Ever hear of UPS store or the like that you can print from??? Worthless bank. Waste of time. Stay away. Why don't these sites offer zero stars?

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2018

My home mortgage was switched over to PNC Mortgage from a former mortgage provider. Ever since, they consistently have issues. It's usually to do with their online service. Anytime I had wanted to make additional payments online, it screwed up the regular process. The last time I made an additional payment online, they switched my account from biweekly withdrawal to monthly. When they did, they didn't apply it as a regular mortgage payment. The entire amount was allocated as a early payment so I had to make a double payment to get back on track. I asked for the amount refunded and they agreed. But, instead of crediting back to my bank, they claim to send a check. It's been over a week and not delivered. I called and they said, "Oh it just went out last Friday" (the checks in the mail!). Never use PNC bank.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2018

Terrible bank and customer service is always bad and not accommodating. Feel frustrated every time I call for assistance. They do not care about customers!

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2018

My mortgage is with PNC. All my taxes and homeowners insurance is included. Every year like clockwork my mortgage payments go up. PNC says it is because of insufficient escrow. YOU decide how much I pay so how is my escrow always too low??? Today I get a bill saying I owe over 3000 in insufficient escrow!!! How is this even possible??? AND I get a letter from my homeowners insurance that they haven't paid my insurance!!!!

Reviewed Aug. 17, 2018

I have credit score 760+, salary 200k and downpayment 180K. This company sends out mortgage preapproval on 8/24/17 and sends out letter stating mortgage application is denied because credit application is incomplete on 9/8/17 though I emailed all supporting documents on 8/30/17 and 8/31/17. I called Chris the mortgage agent in NY perplexed about what is going on and he says "it's ok we will have a commitment for you next week". That is all I heard from him and this so called "mortgage company" which seems disorganized. Does anybody want to deal with such a lender who will leave you high and dry unable to complete your mortgage transaction? 0 stars if possible.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

My husband and I took out our mortgage in 2001, our mortgage was sold to PNC in 2006 I believe. We have never had any issues with them. The few times we have had to call, they were very kind and welcoming. We have had no problems on our statements either. However; we have never been late nor have we missed any payments. I see all of the negative reviews and I am a bit shocked that so many are having issues. So glad we have only positive reviews for PNC.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

I have my mortgage with PNC and I've been trying to remove the PMI. I have now paid twice for two appraisals at $500 each. I was told if I was below a certain number that my PMI will be removed and now they're telling me it won't be. I have in writing what they said and now they're not following through so I'm going to have to take them to small claims court. This is an absolute nightmare.

Customer ServiceStaffRates

Reviewed April 7, 2018

These people are pathetic! My mortgage was sold to them and I had to put up with them for nearly a decade. They do everything wrong and break the law in their business practices. I called to ask about HARP and to get an application to see what it was about. From that point forward, whenever I called customer service, I was routed to their collections department. I have had 827-834 credit score for almost 2 decades, and still do! They have no sense of customer service and none of the people I spoke with were even slightly helpful and not completely rude or just sounded like they didn't want to be there, all the time! I would run as fast as I can and even pay higher interest to get away from these people. They are the worst of humanity!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessRatesTransparency

Reviewed April 7, 2018

My father paid cash for our home in Bangor California. After he passed on, my Mother elected to borrow against the home to pay off unmanageable medical expenses topping $32,000. Brannifer Financial Services in Chico assisted. They used National City Mortgage for the funding. They promised a fixed interest rate and a fixed payment amount. National City Mortgage (a California company) sold our mortgage to PNC Mortgage in Miamisburg Ohio. Within a year or two, our fixed payment amount was ignored. PNC Mortgage demanded a 34% increase in monthly payments.

My mother's sole income source, as with most elderly, was from Social Security. Her SS benefit was $918 per month. With National City Mortgage, her payment was approximately $600 per month. When PNC Mortgage saw the equity that she was sitting on they raised her payment to an amount in excess of $800 per month. She was devastated. She was also confused how, with a fixed interest rate that the payment changed so dramatically. She asked me to help her, which I did without question. She gave me power of attorney and informed the lender that I (her son) would be in charge of her financial affairs.

My first inquiry with PNC Mortgage was regarding the massive monthly payment increase. After several phone calls and letters, I was finally informed that the increase was a result of the escrow account being deficient. I'm not a banker, but I have never heard of such an excuse. I could understand the payment fluctuating $10 or even $20 for a year or so to cover higher homeowners insurance or property taxes. There was no significant increase in either of those. SO... WHO STOLE the Money? PNC!

I was not in a position where I could afford to supplement her payment indefinitely. PNC suggested REFi. So we did. I say we, but PNC rejected the initial refi, stating that I (her son) could not qualify. So we tried again, without me. HUGE Mistake. Things got all messed up. They kept referring to paperwork that was submitted during the first attempt. This went south when they first approved her refi, set up a payment schedule that allowed 60 days with no payment due. Then they rejected her refi and would not accept payments because of the payment gap that occurred that they set up for her. They acted like they were doing her a favor, when it was just a trick to cause default and subsequent foreclosure proceedings.

I hired an attorney out of Mission Viejo California. I had to borrow $1500 retainer. They had to work fast. Foreclosure was scheduled in less than 60 days. On the day that our house was scheduled to be sold at 12:00 noon we did not hear from anyone including the attorney until after 4:00pm. The sale was postponed. We received official "Loan Modification" documents from PNC Mortgage two days before they were to be rejected for being late.

They managed to lower the payment back down to within $30 of the original agreed upon monthly payment amount. But they increased the term of the loan from 20 years to 40 years. We never asked for that. When I was able to get their representative on the telephone to explain why, I was told the total amount borrowed was now more than twice as much as the original loan. She originally borrowed $32,000. Now she owed nearly $70,000. How can they justify this?

My mother died in June 2012. By that time I was had moved from Orange County to be with her during her final days. Because of the previous refi rejection involving my name, when she passed I continued to pay the mortgage payments as though nothing had changed. I tried to get financing from other lenders. This was impossible, because PNC Mortgage insisted that my name not be on any loan documents. I did not own the home, even though I was paying the payments from my account for two years prior to, and five years after her death.

In 2016 I became medically disabled. My disability insurance payments did not amount to enough to pay the mortgage. I liquidated my stock and later my IRA at considerable loss due to early payout. I had no choice but to ask PNC Mortgage to help me. PNC told me that they could allow me to assume the loan. This could take 90 days. I provided every document that they requested, including the death certificate and witnessed copies of my mother's last will & testament. While that change was in process (I thought), I contacted KeepYourHomeCA.org. I only asked for help reinstating the loan.

After the qualification process KYHCA told me that I qualified for "Principal Reduction" which would lower the payment to a monthly amount that, based on my decreased income, I could afford. After providing all of the documents that KYHCA required I was told that it would take at least 30 days to process. After 35 days I inquired several times. At least two weeks after that I received a phone call from the head processor at KYHCA. I was informed that under no circumstances could they help me because I did not own the home.

The home was willed to me. I was executor of my mother's estate. I had been sending money directly to the lender from my own account for nearly 10 years. When I contacted PNC Mortgage regarding assuming the loan, they had absolutely nothing in process. By this time I started receiving foreclosure notices. My father's home was sold January 16, 2018. This is a travesty. My family is devastated. PNC Mortgage accepted payments from me. Deposited my checks. Then rejected my payments and did not refund them. Same thing they did to my mom 9 years ago. CROOKS. DIRTY CROOKS. Dirty rotten scoundrels.

StaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed March 25, 2018

PNC holds the mortgage to our home. We CONSTANTLY get mail regarding lowering our rates. Every time we try to get information we do not get any results or callbacks. When we finally did through to someone, we started the refinance process and immediately received FORECLOSURE notices. We contacted PNC to find out what was going on only to receive more notices and advice to contact some financial officer to avoid legal action. A real estate attorney who told us to do nothing and let them foreclose and then we would sue them. This situation went away. We attempted to refinance through another company but the other company could not get enough info from PNC to complete the transaction. Through sheer frustration we gave up trying. So now we have the SAME mortgage at the SAME rate and are still getting the SAME letters offering to lower our rate. Saying we are dissatisfied doesn't even come close to how we feel.

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2017

PNC bought DeepGreen 250k line of credit. I went to county clerk 52k was satisfied. PNC has starting balance as 128k. PNC refuse to show me where they got the 128k from. I wrote 98k in checks so 52k plus 98k 150k... How do I still owe 186k?? I filed complaint on CFPS and nothing was done to help me. I can't afford a lawyer 7k as a retainer. I have to pay because either DeepGreen or PNC made the mistake?

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2017

My mortgage was sold to PNC so I did not apply with them. I make my payments on time every month so I do not have any issues with them calling me. They supply me with a statement annually and I do not see any discrepancies.

Loan Process

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2017

PNC Mortgage took over 90 days to approve my mortgage. After three months, the seller of the home became frustrated (with PNC not providing a closing date), and refused to renew the contract. I forfeited my $2000 earnest deposit.