2. Mortgages

CashCall Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

CashCall Mortgage Reviews

Resolution response: Dec. 7, 2017

The issue with the payment amount was resolved.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

If you are thinking of using this company don't do it! I just refinanced and signed the docs stating my payment was going to be $1427.03 and just got my first bill for $1812.27. The entire process just to close was a horrible one. It started off on a good note until I was assigned my loan processor Anthony. Things just went south from there. Such a lack of communication, some of my emails would go unanswered, phone calls not returned. I plan on refinancing again to get a lower APR and will NOT be using this company nor will I be recommending them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

STAY AWAY!!! In mid September 2016 I started the refinance process with them. After nearly a three week underwriting period, I was told I would be better off in an FHA program. I agreed to the change. Then it went silent on their end. I emailed and called and tried to get some status on my loan throughout October 2016 and into November 2016. In early November, I changed jobs and had a slight reduction in salary. By mid-November 2016, Cashcall finally found my paperwork and got started on my loan again. After a four week process, they finally told me that they could not complete my loan because of the decrease in my salary. HAD THEY COMPLETED MY LOAN IN OCTOBER, THERE WOULD BE NO ISSUE. I suffered because one of their workers left the company. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I refinanced 2 properties at the same time with Cashcall in 2016. I have bought and sold property many times. Cashcall is by far the fastest to get my loans done (like 10 days). There were no costs to me, they even paid for the appraisals. They offered me the best interest rate of any company out there. Of course as with any loan if you have a low FICO score and a bunch of late payments on your credit you are a big risk and will be treated like one. But if you have your act together this is a great company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

Although personnel is very professional and respectful, they lack in detail and accuracy. Two attempts to refinance in two months, three different notary appointments for inaccurate documents. Only to find out day before funding that they made a mistake and underwriters would not approve. Waste of time and energy.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

We refinanced our home with CashCall based on their advertising. Is it easy? Sort of. As to the overall experience, the loan went through 2 attempts because of slow performance on their end. The appraisal was the worse part. Not only is the appraisal inaccurate, although we still had a great value to loan ratio, but the appraiser has created a situation that may result in us being sued. He was looking at our income property and walked in on a tenant while they were in the shower without so much as a knock on the door. We requested a number of times an apology letter and to date, have received none. We will let the appraiser be sued and testify against him. Would not use this firm again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CashCall Mortgage?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2015

My name is Oliva **. My husband and I are expecting to incurred additional expenditures in December, so we paid our mortgage bill in two equal installment - one was on November 27, 2015 in the amount of $1,400.00, and another one was on December 10, 2015. I personally called the company on various occasions to inform them that those two payments should be applied to our December loan payments, which is prior to December 15, 2015 to avoid late fees. They did not process the payments as I instructed them to do. So now CashCall wanted me to pay them $1,400 plus a late fee. Their loan care specialist by the name of Tamika is even rude, and so is their supervisor by the name of Phyllis ** who supposed to help customers. Their services really is bad and I don't recommend them to future readers.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

We are pulling money out of our house, which we own outright, so no mortgage. We having been dealing with a gentlemen name Derrick and another person, Inga who is the loan processor. We leave messages and emails, we get no call backs for days and then when we do, they have no news for us. Cashcall has no customer service at all. The reason we went with them is because in 2012, we refinance one of our other houses. The process went so smoothly and quickly. This process has been a nightmare and apparently, the people we are dealing with have zero customer service. Inga hung up on my husband for no apparent reason. She didn't have any answers for him and hung up. He did call back and filed a complaint; have no idea if it went anywhere.

We are still waiting to hear from these people, its been 3 days now. Will we ever use Cashcall again or refer them to others which we have in the past? Not looking very good right now. I'm thinking we should have gone with Quicken Loans who originally wanted to do our loan. We just thought with the history we previously had with Cashcall, we would stay with them. I'm regretting it big time. We should have closed Monday and funded on Thursday. Apparently they only fund on Thursday, we are told. Is that true? Who knows.

Original review: March 25, 2014

I have a loan with Western Sky's (Delbert services). I have been advised to stop paying them and I have filed all the correct legal paperwork for them to validate the loan and licensing in the state I reside, which they can not do because it is an illegal loan. However, by law they are allowed the 120 days to respond. Today I applied for a mortgage. My score was 646 months ago. It should've continued to rise; however, due to this particular loan reporting 60 days late on my credit has dropped my score tremendously. My score is now below the minimum needed for a mortgage! How can I have this loan removed from my credit report all with the negative report? Any help please!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2013

I had worked with CashCall up to the point they told me my debt-to-income was too high to do a 15-year loan. At that point I decided to go somewhere else. A week later they called and told me they could do a 15 year, but the rates had changed, so it would be a slightly higher rate with no out-of-pocket costs. I agreed to move forward. A month into the process I received a phone call from a signing company telling me they'd be at my house in one hour. I was never notified we were ready to do the final signing, found the final loan docs in my email from 2 hours earlier and had some questions since the numbers were different than what I had expected. It took a week and a call to a supervisor to get a call back.

By this time, I was told I lost my rate once again and it was going to cost me $1500 and a rate increase of 0.1% if I wanted to move forward. At this point I cancelled my loan process with them (sticking them with the Home Appraisal of $400) and found someone who could offer me a better deal (RoundPoint Mortgage). Cash Call Final Offer = 15 year; 4.25%, $1500 closing fees, Round Point Final Offer = 15 year, 3.875%, $1400 closing fees. Thanks CashCall for making the process so horrible I ended up finding a better deal.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2013

Recently we used CashCall for our home mortgage account. It has been a nightmare. From agents not returning calls, incorrect document completion, to providing incorrect info, we are frustrated and angry. We thought once we muddled through the home buying process we would be okay. Until a recent paperwork screw up left us with less than 2 weeks to come up with $1200 for homeowner's insurance. We had a conference call with CashCall and our homeowner's insurance confirming CashCall would pay our premium out of our escrow account and we would pay CashCall the amount owed to our escrow account.

We received a letter in the mail from CashCall 2 days before this payment was due stating something completely different. After contacting CashCall, in a frantic state, they admitted they provided us incorrect information and basically told us we're screwed and to figure it out. Their disregard and lack of accountability is beyond disappointing. It should be against the law. They even had notes on our account that they made this payment arrangement with our insurance and us. They have a responsibility to relay accurate laws, rules, and regulations to their consumers. Shame on them and I will warn everyone of their questionable practices and services.

CashCall Mortgage Company Information