Call toll free
4.99/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Advantage Gold is a precious metal investments firm focused on helping consumers plan their retirement from start to finish. Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is there to assist you by setting up your IRA, processing your rollover as well as offering buyback services should you need to liquidate your metals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

259 Advantage Gold Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 23, 2018

I got a solicitation call from one of Advantage Gold's agents and he presented their product on the phone. The reps were professional enough. They were a little more eager to make a sale than the average Joe but they said that they were not pressuring me to buy something and in their opinion, their product would be my edge. When I was in the process of buying it, I talked to their COO for about 10 minutes and he said that it was okay with him if I didn't buy at all. He told me to stop if I had misgivings, give myself a month and don't buy at all. If I was comfortable in proceedings, that was what we would do. I stopped for a day. I did due diligence to make sure that they weren't stealing my money. I re-read everything they had sent and I Googled all the references that I could find about the bank and the setup. I was comfortable that it wasn't a scam.

It was an interesting concept and it had some value to me. I didn't have any more free money but I had much money in my IRA and I wanted to hold some of that in gold bars. I withdrew money from my retirement account, acquired the gold through Advantage Gold and entered it into the retirement account they set up for me. It was a different company that had ties with a bank. I considered doing it from other sources and it was just a matter of coincidence that they called people on the phone. With them, the next year, they sold me something that I had already made up my mind about buying.

I had one more moment of anxiety when Advantage had it all set up and they had sent me an email. It said that my account was in effect but I didn't have an account number or an email address to contact the people. It was just the name of the outfit that it was supposed to have been arranged with. I Googled that name and then found the phone number and called them. I asked if they have an account holding gold for me and they identified it by my Social Security number, my age and my full name and address. They also told me how much it was.

Overall, in the front end, Advantage was a little bit pushy until we took a step back. Also, at the tail end, they just wrote the emails and confirmed that my account was set up, and it didn't have enough information. It just said that they were not servicing my account and it will be done by a bank from then on. It didn't tell me how to reach it so I had to scram around and find the bank. They would sell more of their product if they were putting in writing the stuff that they were saying. Other than that, everything they said was true and there's no misleading advertisement so that was a positive for them. They delivered the product they said they would at the price they said and on the times that they said they would.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Richard! We are pleased that you did due diligence before deciding to work with us and we will always be available for any questions you may have.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I wanted to buy some gold coin and I saw Advantage Gold on the internet. They had a piece of something that I wanted. I was interested in that so I asked and gave them my information then somebody called me. I own bonds and they keep coming due but I can't buy other bonds because there's nothing to buy that makes any sense. So after I decided what I wanted, I had to wait until the bond was sold. Then the guy who had the bond sent me the money and I had the money within a month. It has taken me close to a month before I got everything online. I worked with Andrew and I made a regular purchase with the little less than $10,000 I had. And he was very patient, understanding and very easy to work with.

Andrew sent me some pictures of what I was gonna buy. I wanted to see what it was gonna look like because I wasn't buying it for investment but because it'd be good to have it so I wanted it to look nice. And from the photos of a couple of different pieces, I picked the one I wanted. When I got it, it was exactly what I expected so he was really good at explaining what it was gonna look like and also about how it was gonna be delivered. I was expecting it three days after and I got it before, which was perfect and I didn't have to worry. I sent them a check and I had to wait for my check to clear before he mailed my stuff out. The service was incredibly good. And Andrew was very nice and even called me back. He was delightful because I'm not the easiest person to work with. I'm a retired lady who's always doing stuff and he was really very good at staying with it. My experience working with Advantage Gold is very good.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Sandy! We can accommodate anyone's unique financial situation. Also, we were happy to show the precious metals being bought in great detail before the purchase.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I found Advantage Gold online, looked at their reviews and they were very highly recommended. It was very easy to speak with a personal representative and I started with Advantage Gold last month after I spoke with someone. I’m 50 and I don’t like to even discuss finances with anyone under 40. That’s my personal rule so when Ted, my representative told me that he's 29, I was very pleasantly surprised. I would’ve probably ended the conversation at that point with anyone else because I don’t think they’re experienced enough and I am really not interested in a lot they have to say. But Ted made me really think twice about that and I was very happy to work with him.

I am probably a Type A in business and I don’t like being led by someone else. I know what I want to accomplish as far as my investment goes and I need someone to really be honest with me and help me get there which Ted did for me. It was never “I was a little lady needing a man to help her get through this very convoluted investment thing.” He wasn’t like that at all. I told him exactly what I wanted to have in my safe and what I wanted to do with my IRA's and we’re getting exactly where I wanna go with them.

I acquired my precious metals directly and I’m setting up to SEP IRA also. I’ve been watching both the precious metals market and other investment markets and I am totally sold on getting my IRA's backed by precious metal and getting all of the bills that I have in my safe for cash on hand changed into little coins that I could use in exchange for goods if that ever came to be out. I’m still happy with them and I’m starting to buy gold but I’m afraid to tell people about what I’m really doing because everyone wants what one has. But if anyone comes to me and asks, Advantage Gold will be my person.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Marti! Our consultants all have extensive backgrounds in financial services and are trained rigorously in precious metals specifically. We appreciate that you gave Ted a chance to prove his knowledge.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I asked for some information from Advantage Gold which they sent me. Then, they did a follow-up and I still wasn’t sure because I had nobody to speak to about it. So they had called back again and the gentleman, Andrew, took the time and explained things to me and says that whenever I’m ready, he can set up another gentleman to call me and explain things even further. I thought about it and then I was very satisfied. He educated me and so I went ahead and followed through with it. He explained things because it was my first time looking at their statement. He took the time to teach me and answer my questions. I didn’t feel rushed. I felt that Advantage Gold was interested in making sure that I understood the process and the statement and that I had no questions on anything.

Brandon is the one who talked to me about the different qualities of the different types of golds and educated me on the market of how gold works. He questioned whether I was going to be short term or long term and then he made his recommendation based on that. I have no apprehensions. Advantage Gold went way over and beyond. I never expected what they were going to do, let alone what they did. I’m very pleased and was truly amazed. I made the right decision based on the information that Advantage Gold has given me. I have one sister that I know would be interested in speaking to Advantage Gold. Her husband passed away and she’s in a situation where she’s gonna have to make some decisions. So I would definitely recommend Advantage Gold and both of the gentlemen without any reservation.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for you review Mary! Brandon and Andrew thank you for your recommendation and will always be available if you need anything further.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Initially, I opposed Advantage Gold because I was not in the position. I remember telling the rep to give me a call back around Christmas and I was still not in the position. He was just checking back with me from time to time. I also wasn’t prepared yet and doing the switch makes me very nervous. Even up to actually doing this, I'm still nervous because I don't have gold in my pocket.

I finally gone about working with Advantage Gold through a retirement account. My interaction with the IRA department was fine. Both the representative and the one from the retirement were very informative and helpful. They both came back to follow me up and asked if I had any questions. Anytime I did have a question, they were quick to respond.

Advantage Gold touch base with the clients at least monthly. But I think that it would be very beneficial if there are other people out there like me who's nervous and who wanted to ask if they're not sure. It would also be better if Advantage Gold might be able to have some training for those of us who are not familiar with precious metals trading. Advantage Gold explained them to me but it'd be nice to have a book with me, something that I can refer back to, because my memory is not all that great. Nevertheless, I would tell my friends that people from Advantage Gold were very informative and if they have any questions, the reps can respond as soon as possible. If the reps don't know it right away, they'll get back to you.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Myron! Many of our clients are not immediately in a position to make a change and we were happy to check in with you periodically until you were prepared. We look forward to updating you regularly as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Gold?

Original review: May 8, 2019

When I first spoke with Michael ** from Advantage Gold I knew very little about buying gold. He was able to guide me through the process with no pressure. He was there for me every step of the way to my actual purchase.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I was very pleased with the service I received from Michael ** at Advantage Gold while purchasing gold and silver coins. Michael explained things very well and was a pleasure to work with. He continues to provide great communication after the initial purchase.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Frank ** with Advantage Gold was very helpful with my precious metal needs. He was knowledgeable, professional and efficient. He struck the right balance between persistence and giving me time to consider my decision. I would recommend Frank and Advantage Gold.

Original review: April 26, 2019

AI have had some experience with sales reps, promoters and such for over 40 years since I was in medical practice. (I retired in 2015). When I found AdvantageGold (trying to shift some assets to gold), I was pleasantly surprised. There was not the usual high pressure to close the deal. They offered me some resources to get some idea what I'm getting into, and months later when I decided to take the plunge, Mr. George ** and Mr. Paul ** were most helpful in walking me through the process. I am most thankful to them and I recommend them highly for those who might be planning to get into precious metals for the first time as I did.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I couldn't be more pleased with my experience. Frank is a real straight-shooter. I had heard a lot about the benefits of investing in gold, but I didn't know where to go or how to begin... Frank outlined everything for me in a very clear, concise manner, so I'm very glad to have found him. Highly recommended!

Original review: April 22, 2019

After researching several precious metal investment firms I went with Advantage Gold. Kirill ** addressed all my concerns, sent me information to research and lead me through the process of transferring my IRA account. Krill checks in with me often about my account and any questions I may have. I would strongly recommend anyone to check with Advantage Gold before investing in precious metals.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Kirill was very helpful and professional walking me through the process of selling the gold in my IRA. He helped me find someone at Strata Trust to help facilitate the transfer of money to my IRA eTrade account.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Advantage Gold is great to work with. Mark ** shared his knowledge in a very pragmatic way and walked me through every step of setting up my IRA. He had his associate keep me apprised when he was away for a couple of days. Chelsea (sp) was very instrumental in helping me transfer accounts from my brokerage to Advantage Gold. I would highly recommend them, especially Mark.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Michael ** has been very informative in guiding me through setting my IRA with a selection of precious metals of Gold and Silver. Contacting me through it all and giving me the ease of mind knowing I am in good hands.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My husband and I had an amazing experience working with Advantage Gold. They are extremely helpful and know what they are doing. They answered all our queries without any hesitation and gave us ample information about gold. I couldn’t thank them enough for their outstanding services and so much knowledge. I would surely come back here in future too whenever I want to invest in gold. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Original review: April 2, 2019

Was looking to add gold to my IRA portfolio. I worked with Nick and he made this a seamless process. Advantage Gold was easy to work with and made sure I understood how to add Gold to my portfolio and why I should be adding it to my portfolio.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Finis gave me very satisfactory service. He is very knowledgeable and made me feel very confident and comfortable with my purchase. His follow up was excellent and his customer care was above and beyond. I would recommend Finis & Advantage Gold to anyone that is looking to purcahse gold or gold coins, which I did.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Mr. Brad ** was extremely helpful in a positive way with knowledge, information, measured opinions and attentiveness. His clear concern about our financial well-being is rare in my experience. In the area of precious metals, we would never consider contacting and asking anyone else for help and service!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Reliable and trustworthy! Frank is great person and great at what he does and I can’t recommend him highly enough. Worked closely together and it was a satisfying experience. Thank you Frank for all your hard work, and everything you do. Hope to work together again in the near future.

Original review: March 26, 2019

My entire experience with Advantage Gold was excellent. At first, I was hesitant about purchasing gold; I must admit, I did not know much about the process. My friend recommended that I purchase gold, and Advantage Gold was first on his list of top companies. In the future, I will be sure to recommend Advantage Gold to all those around me that express interest in owning gold.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Mr Finis ** was my account advisor and answered all of my questions and was most knowledgable. He assisted me when I was having technical difficulties with my phone and computer and even stayed late to assist me. He was very supportive and conscientious about his work. I would definitely recommend him to any other gold investor. He also sent me a great book on gold investing.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have found help to be accurate and enjoyable. Have learned a lot and feel confident with the service I have received. I will miss Matthew but feel George will provide the same service. I enjoyed talking with him yesterday.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I want to share with everyone who might be considering buying Gold or any other metals as a safe investment thru Advantage Gold. I have found new friends there who really make you feel at home and give you the guidance while your making this plan. I found the experts at Advantage. I personally spoke with Kirill, who is very patient and who educated me about the various choices he had for me. I really felt he cared about my investment and made it very easy for me.

Once I chose the metals I wanted, the next step was truly easy for me to set up. I placed some of the metals in my IRA account so the metals were sent to a special vault and are available when I need it. I also got some sent to my house and they arrived very quickly. Kirill also sent me a special gift and a book written by the President of the company, which I enjoyed very much! I have had a wonderful relationship with the knowledgeable and friendly people over at Advantage and will continue to call whenever I need their services. Truly a great company to deal with!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have dealt with about 6 other metals companies with mostly devastating results with my investments. Brad was amazing! Helpful, polite and genuinely interested in helping me. He told me straight what was going on and helped me out of my predicament that another company got me into.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Last year, I had a company called Metals.com purchase some silver for an IRA. This year I wanted to make some changes and when I called them, they would not sell my silver or return my calls. In an attempt to get my metals sold, I contacted Advantage Gold. I explained my situation and they agreed to help. Brad provided me solid information for making the best decision then passed me on to his manager, Kirill. They had knowledge of other people in my same situation and offered to help without charging fees. In my opinion, Advantage Gold stands at the top in integrity and serving people with the customers best interest in mind, instead of their own self-interest. In the future, Advantage Gold will be the only company I will consider doing business with because of their integrity and knowledge. I highly recommend them to others.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I recently had a very pleasant interaction with Frank **. He was professional, knowledgeable, and not pushy, which is quite refreshing, while being very enthusiastic and committed to selling your product. I would highly recommend him and this company to my friends. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I contacted Advantage Gold looking for information about Gold and Silver. I spoke with Rob **. He's an IRA specialist. He walked me through the ins and outs of everything from my timing, how the process works. I had a bunch of questions and he was very helpful, answering each one of my questions. Can't wait to get the ball rolling with Advantage Gold.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I consider myself lucky to have Steve as my go to person at Advantage Gold. He is funny, on top of things, helpful, and just a really nice person. If anyone shows any interest at buying gold, I quickly let them know I know where they should go. This is an awesome company that have awesome people working there!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Mr. George ** of Advantage Gold gets an A+ for his conducting of business with me in my pursuit of information and purchasing of a Self Directed IRA. His extensive knowledge of investing monies inevitably brought my confidence in purchasing metals to fruition. He is a complete gentleman, pleasant, patient and willing to answer any and all questions one might have. If you don't understand the first answer, he will go to another way of explaining. The other individuals Mr. Bush had me speak to were professional, knowledgeable, prompt and polite. STRATA has been quite professional as well as prompt. I am more than happy with the decision I made to purchase metals. I have been so well informed that my husband has moved his money to purchase metals and my daughter will be doing the same shortly. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Its nice to do business with a firm that does exactly what they say they will do, with a staff that really knows what they are doing. My hats off to your great organization. I couldn't be more satisfied with you.

Advantage Gold Company Information