2. Gold IRA Companies

5.0/5 (400 ratings)

About Advantage Gold

Advantage Gold is a precious metals investment firm that helps clients acquire physical precious metals by direct delivery and through existing retirement accounts. Advantage Gold specializes in education and long-term client relationships, and the company can guide you through the IRA purchase process from start to finish.

Pros

• Direct delivery and home storage
  • Buyback services available
  • U.S. Mint-listed dealer

Cons

• Online purchase not available

Bottom Line

Advantage Gold offers fast gold and silver delivery, and its connection to a large network of suppliers helps keep costs down. The company guides and educates clients without resorting to high-pressure sales tactics.

Top Advantage Gold Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Being a novice in this type of investment transaction I was impressed with the professionalism, knowledge and patience of the Advantage Gold agents. ... I highly recommend Advanta...

Verified

I knew I wanted a gold IRA. I contacted them and spoke with Rob. I'm in the process of rolling over my IRA now. He has been very helpful. He keeps me updated about what's going on...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Advantage Gold

Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is a precious metals investment firm that has helped thousands plan their retirement and protect their wealth. The company offers extensive education services, several bullion storage options and a buyback program for those who wish to liquidate their metals. For those who invest more than $50,000 with the company, Advantage Gold waives all fees for the first year.

With the company’s First Time Gold Investor Program, account representatives walk you through the entire process of investing in physical precious metals, outlining the benefits of investing in gold and guiding you step by step through an IRA account rollover. If you’re funding your account with $25,000 or more and ordering your first delivery, Advantage Gold offers free and fully insured shipping in just two to three business days.

Advantage Gold products and services

The financial team at Advantage Gold provides customers with comprehensive information and transparent pricing on all coins and precious metals IRA accounts so you can make educated, informed decisions about your retirement options.

Advantage Gold offers a variety of education materials for investors, including free videos, workshops, webinars, retirement protection resources and market charts that are updated in real time.

Advantage Gold sells and trades popular gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and has a buyback program for those who wish to liquidate their metals. The company has a generous refund policy and pays fair market value for returns.

Additionally, the company offers self-directed IRA accounts backed by the IRS, which are approved for gold coins, bullion and bars. Advantage Gold believes precious metals are a sound diversification strategy for most retirement portfolios and have a dedicated staff committed to helping customers roll over their 401(k) or IRA accounts to include physical precious metals. Precious metals IRA accounts reduce overall portfolio volatility and create a hedge against an economic downturn, according to Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold pricing and storage fees

With Advantage Gold, you can expect to pay these rates for the following services:

Initial set-up fees*$50
Annual administrative fees*$80
Annual storage fees*$100

*As of publishing

Advantage Gold partners with Equity Trust Company & STRATA Trust Company as its preferred custodians and with Delaware Depository and Brink’s Global Services as its preferred depositories.

Advantage Gold FAQ

You can store gold, silver, platinum and palladium metals in your account.
IRA accounts can have approved gold, silver, platinum and palladium. See the bullion and coin list on the website for IRS-approved products.
Yes. You can sell back metals purchased from Advantage Gold at any time, and the company pays fair market value. At minimum, you’ll get the spot price at the time of liquidation.
You can roll over the following types of retirement accounts into an Advantage Gold IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP and Simple IRA; Thrift Savings Plan (TSP); 401(k), 403(b) and 457(b); pension plan; and tax-sheltered annuity.

Do we recommend Advantage Gold?

For first-time precious metal investors, Advantage Gold is an ideal option. In just a few years the company has grown 53% and made its way into the Inc. 5000 rankings. Advantage Gold offers several benefits for novices — especially those who want to invest $50,000 or more. We recommend Advantage Gold for its commitment to investor education, transparent pricing and ability to assist thousands of customers.

Advantage Gold Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Gold?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

The first purchase experience was very good with exceptions. My issues were: (1) having to pay in advance which forced purchase of additional products rather than a refund of the overpayment and (2) no advance indication of the shipping fee for the items requested. This fee was used to adjust the bill to the amount I had sent, and was not entirely based on the shipment. My purchase was delivered in less than a week which was excellent. As a result of this prompt delivery, a second purchase was made without the pre-pay requirement. This was much better. The shipping fee was still adjusted, this time in my favor (for $0.50). Rapid delivery of both shipments is greatly appreciated.

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

We had a great experience working with Jay ** to set up our first self-directed IRA. Jay was very helpful, answering all of our questions professionally, thoroughly, and personably. He made suggestions to assist us in our decision making, and followed through on all the details. We have already recommended him to family members, and we're looking forward to reading through the information the company shares on their website and in their newsletters.

Original review: May 28, 2021

My brother has been a client of Advantage Gold for a while. I've he's told me how easy it was to set up a gold IRA. I contacted Rob to find out more information and ask questions. He took his time and was very patient with my wife and I. I'm very glad we did this especially right now. We are very happy that we no longer have to worry about where our money Is invested.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Inquired into purchasing gold and silver coin. Spoke to rep Jay and he followed up on my questions. He was there when I was ready to buy. Jay explained how the process works, educated me where to look for information on purchasing coins and helped in the final selection process. After the order he followed up to make sure we received the coins and when the coins were delayed, he stayed with us until we received our shipment. Overall a very good experience, we will purchase again thru Jay. Herbert

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I was concerned about the economy and the future outlook, I contacted Advantage Gold after watching a webinar by Adam Baratta. He was very well spoken and made me comfortable with the idea of learning about Gold as an investment. I spoke with Rob ** who gave me a quick walkthrough on their website. So glad to get all the information I did and can't wait to get started with investing in precious metals.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Ben was very professional throughout... I was very pleased... I am very uneducated in the purchase of Gold etc. Ben was very patient and explained all I needed to know... I never once felt belittled... I look forward to dealing through him in the future..

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Ben is extremely knowledgeable, professional. His Customer Service and follow up is exceptional, as is that from the entire staff. He thoroughly explained everything in an easy to understand manner, and walked me through the entire process. This is service you rarely see in today's world.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Advantage Gold handled our affairs absolutely perfect! Jay was amazing! He stayed on top of things and answered all of our questions to the fullest. He was very friendly and well spoken. I would absolutely recommend them to my friends and family.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

These guys have all the tools to get you invested in Gold and Silver. If you're just starting out and have questions about the process, step one is to call the experts at Advantage Gold. Jay was a great source of information from pricing, buying and receiving tangible gold. Didn't feel like it was high pressure sales. They just want you to understand the benefits of owning gold and silver.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I like Advantage Gold. I like Steve **. I even like the guy who records my transaction to make sure I understand my purchase. Steve ** listens to my concerns and gives me suggestions that that I can use and always do. Good job guys.

Advantage Gold Company Information