Call toll free
4.98/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Advantage Gold is a precious metal investments firm focused on helping consumers plan their retirement from start to finish. Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is there to assist you by setting up your IRA, processing your rollover as well as offering buyback services should you need to liquidate your metals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

225 Advantage Gold Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Steve is really helpful and supportive. You get a solid friendly, personal assistance with Advantage Gold. The stock market had given me a rough experience with upsetting volatility that drove me mad. So Advantage Gold was a strong relief from instability, unpredictability, anxious fears of losses. I felt reassured that my money was safe and sound and not at risk. With all the factors in play presently I felt better trusting in gold, silver and platinum.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Followed through on all questions, contact at set times, walked through every step. Travis was available anytime there was a question or one of his co-workers was able to answer. Highly recommended. Great service and a pleasure to speak with.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Chad! We were happy to walk you through every step and will always be ready if you have any more questions.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I was looking for information about adding gold to my IRA and reached out to Advantage Gold. Nick called and scheduled an appointment. He was punctual and informative. They provided me excellent ideas and all of the resources to make this transaction super easy. Would highly recommend working with Nick.

Advantage Gold response

Nick and Advantage Gold thank you for your review Miyali! Our precious metals consultants highly value education and promptness.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

The aspect I appreciate most about working with Travis and Advantage Gold is the quality of the relationship that we have built. Another precious metals company has contacted me numerous times, but I always felt highly pressured by them to initiate and complete a purchase. Travis took the time and effort to establish a relationship, and when I was ready to purchase 600 ounces of silver, he was the only person that I considered contacting. Advantage Gold worked with me to ensure a seamless and stress-free experience, from ordering the metals to delivery, and I will continue to work with them in the future.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Eric! We are happy to have provided a 5-star experience for you and look forward to continuing our relationship.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I would like to thank Kirill for his patience, excellent customer service and product delivery execution. He took time to explain the process of type, pricing and delivery of the coins. The process was easy and expedited quickly. Advantage Gold is a very reputable company. And Kirill was a trustworthy agent who represents the company well.

Advantage Gold response

Kirill and Advantage Gold thank you for your Cheryl! We always seek to thoroughly explain the process, pricing, delivery and more to our clients before any transaction.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Gold?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Bravo for helping me out this time. Rob and Advantage Gold took time with me, showed me videos and sent me a book about gold. I went through Gold Is A Better Way and it was great. What a way to describe what's going on in the current climate.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Tara! We are happy that you enjoyed our educational videos and books!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Alec really helped provide me with a fantastic education in regards to Gold and Silver, I could not be any happier with my experience that I had with Advantage Gold and their whole company. Would recommend!

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Alec! Providing the most extensive precious metals education in the industry in our goal.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I'm very happy I found this company. If you're interested in learning about investing in precious metals I would highly recommend calling Advantage Gold. Brad was very helpful and I appreciate the time he spent with me!

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Jennifer! Brad appreciates the opportunity to expand your precious metals education.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I have been in the stock market for a long time, I had looked up some information on gold before but it was inconclusive because of all the different opinions. There seemed to be people that thought gold would never be worth more, and people who thought gold would become hoarded because of its value at some point. I put it off for a while. George has been kind and great in getting me to see the information without a slant or his angle. I got a nice foundation on the basics and I now feel great about the research. I would recommend him specifically and his company.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Sage! Providing a foundation and educational resources before making any transaction is our goal.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Sharonie had been in touch with me for months. We decided to bite the bullet and Sharonie held our hand all the way through the process- we are thrilled – could not have been easier and we feel as though our IRA is secure in precious metals.

Advantage Gold response

Advantage Gold and Sharonie thank you for your review Renee! We are thrilled to welcome you to the Advantage Gold family!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

When I was first contacted by Jay ** he gave me information about why I should consider owning gold in my Roth IRA. He wasn't pushy and kept on checking back with me monthly and I'm glad he did because I just recently converted my Roth IRA to gold and silver which I believe will prove to be a very good decision in near future.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Edward! We pride ourselves on keeping in regular contact with our clients to provide any updates.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Responsive.. .great product knowledge. Adaptable... flexible... worked with me on the process and kept me informed the entire time. Satisfied and will recommend this company and person to others who need or inquire about these types of investment alternatives. Will use services again in future.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Mr. Free! We are proud to be adaptable and flexible to each of our client's needs.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I have had a great experience with Shaun and Steve. They provided me with the good information. They were helpful if I had questions and showed me step by step how things worked. I would recommend this to a friend or family.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Craig! Shaun and Steve were happy to provide outstanding service and expertise.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Jay ** was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with! I would recommend him to anyone looking to buy gold. It was my first time buying gold and Jay took me through the entire process and made me feel comfortable with the purchase.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Dave! Providing a comfortable, helpful experience for first time gold buyers is something we strive for.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I was reading an article online and they had some materials where I could put my information. Advantage Gold was the one that responded and they readily sent me the additional information that I needed. Then, they gave me a callback and wanted to know why I wanted to go with the gold. I and my husband had two different reasons but they gave us time to consider what we wanted to do. There was no rush to purchase so we considered it and we felt like that was the company to be with.

I was fortunate enough to work with an executive who was also the co-founder and it was a smooth transaction. It was a full disclosure of information where he sent the material, explained it to me and I figured out what metals I wanted. It was fair and with no pressure. I would not advise anyone to purchase gold if it's not their decision to make. One has to do any decision personally and that's not what Advantage Gold is there for. They're just there to tell us whatever we want and direct where we need to be with what we're doing.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Cora! We make sure that every client understands every aspect of a precious metals purchase before any transaction and were happy to accommodate your timeline.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

As a new customer to both Advantage Gold and the metals market, Steve was very helpful in answering all my questions about why I should own metals now. The videos that Advantage Gold produces are simple to understand. When the time came to pull the trigger and actually buy Steve again was there to assist with the process.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Nicholas! Providing massive value through our educational platform and precious metals consultants is our goal.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We had a great experience working with Matthew. Everything was on schedule and effortless. Communication was always direct and personal. Looking forward to purchasing more gold in the future from this company and will be recommending to friends. Matthew called many times to make sure everything was running smooth and efficient. A great asset to this company.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review John! We look forward to doing more business with you in the future and appreciate your recommendations!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised at the services supplied by Advantage Gold. They were able to offer me exactly what I asked for with an IRA rollover. Travers ** is my service agent. He is always available to help me get the answers to my questions.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Peter! Travis will always be available should you have any questions about your self-directed IRA and your portfolio.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Dealing with Advantage Gold has been a professional and pleasurable experience. My account representative was not pushy and gave me the space I needed to make my decision to invest with A G. Once I made the decision to invest with them, the guidance I received from my representative as to what to invest in was great and his recommended allocation of the assets made excellent sense. Overall this has been an easy, pain free process with as much assistance as I wanted.

I have another IRA with a different custodian and while they have been good to work with, their customer service falls short of Advantage Gold's. I am pleased to have them as my precious metals IRA team. In addition to my superb account representative, I received stellar support from the person that takes care of the documentation to transfer pension and other type funds to the IRA custodian for Advantage Gold. In summary, you won't go wrong by choosing this team for your precious metals IRA.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Michael! Providing education and guidance for our clients before any transaction is always important to us.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I started working with Matthew ** in the June timeframe. Matt was very professional and respectful of my time and concerns as this was a new investing class that I did not have experience in. I have made 2 key investments to date and Matt has become a trusted advisor for me. Very happy and satisfied customer.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Philip! We are happy that Matt has earned your trust with his experience and professionalism.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I researched the movement of part of my 401k into precious metal for over a year. There were a few companies out there worth looking at, but Advantage Gold had a few things going for them, but one of the items that helped me pick them was that they are able to purchase and sell metals directly to you as well as arrange for the storage of the metals. This means that I don't go through a middleman to purchase my Silver and Gold. That is what got me talking to them. Once you talk with Travis or Scott, by the end of the conversation you have you know that they know their business very well, and more important, that they are looking out for your best interest.

Everyone that I have spoken with are very professional in manner, they call you back when they say they will, they have followed through every aspect of the transactions, from helping me move my money out of my 401k and into self managing IRA, to sitting with me asking me questions to understand my goals, to investing their time to ensure I have the best portfolio that meets my goals. I highly recommend this company, they may be others out there, but you won't find any as professional and understanding of your goals as Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Ronald! We are proud to have impressed with you every aspect of our customer service and to have been mindful of your goals throughout the process.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Paul is a subject matter expert, who is extremely professional, patient, sincere and compassionate. He cares about his clients and takes the time to explain things. My parents, brother and I are very happy with Paul’s service! Thank you, Paul!

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Katie! Paul cares deeply about all of his clients and will always be available to explain more details.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Jay was awesome to deal with. He was very attentive and knowledgeable which made the process very simple and stress free. Thank you Jay for making this work for us. You definitely went above and beyond. Would highly recommend him.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have known Jay for years. His knowledge, customer focus and ability to make things happen are superior and rare in today’s business world. Highly recommend Jay. In addition his humor and easy going style make him a pleasure to work with.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Jay is extremely helpful. He was very professional, timely, knowledgeable, polite, timely... pleasant to work with. Highly recommending him to my circle of colleagues and friends. I will definitely work with him again. Please let his supervisor know that he’s one of their top guys!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Very knowledgeable and professional service. I came in knowing very little and Jay educated me and walked me through the process. I felt very taken care off. Would definitely recommend. I have invested with Jay ** for years and I am very happy with the outcome. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. Great person to help new and experienced investors.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Jay was very helpful and explained everything so well. Very trustworthy and honest when speaking with me. Jay was very knowledgeable and understood my needs and what I was looking to accomplish. He seemed in touch with what I want to achieve.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I would certainly recommend contacting Advantage Gold. If you are interested in learning about investment options with gold and silver. Brad has spent a lot of time teaching me about metals and I have learned a lot from him. Thanks Brad!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Michael made the process easy. He took me a complete novice to precious metals and helped me understand everything so that I felt confident and comfortable. I always felt in expert hands. Everyone at the company was a pleasure to work with. Advantage Gold is a great company. The Godfather is a real pro. He made me an offer I couldn’t refuse!

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Ivy! We are happy to walk people through the process of purchasing precious metals for the first time.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I contacted Advantage Gold looking for a book. The more I learned from Rob the more I realized my investments weren’t doing for me what I hoped they would. I have so much at risk invested continuing what my strategy currently is. I took my time, they were patient with me and helped me along the way. I’m thankful I found them and look forward to doing business in the future.

Advantage Gold Company Information