Call toll free
4.93/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Advantage Gold is a precious metal investments firm focused on helping consumers plan their retirement from start to finish. Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is there to assist you by setting up your IRA, processing your rollover as well as offering buyback services should you need to liquidate your metals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

93 Advantage Gold Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Matthew was excellent! Our due diligence was thorough and tough - but Matt answered all our questions, guided us where we needed guidance, earned our confidence, assured us that we had the right business partner and prepared us through the process. Total time from ordering to delivery was four days!

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Robert! Matt was happy to walk you through the process.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I have always been impressed with how quickly and easily Advantage Gold addresses my issues and remedies the situation. I hate working thru automation systems and call centers with a passion! I hate when people waste my time when I just want to conduct a simple transaction! What a relief to do business with Advantage Gold, quick, professional and easy to work with. There is no other gold firm I feel confident in recommending to friends and colleagues.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Fred! We are proud to provide the most professional, 5-star service in the industry.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I was looking for information on investing in gold, because I had been told that I should own some. However, I knew very little about it. I talked to a few gold companies and found that Advantage Gold did the best job of explaining the process in a way I could understand. Very professional through the whole experience. I would absolutely recommend Advantage Gold for anyone looking to get started in this area.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Van Russ! We are excited that you chose us after doing your due diligence into several companies and that we lived up to our reputation.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Several months ago I sent an inquiry to Advantage Gold. Mr Finis ** sent me some information including a book on the subject and subsequently called to discuss the current status of the countries financial matters and the the prospect of gold in the future. Mr. ** advised me of the different methods of placing gold in your financial portfolio. I decided on physical gold which I would place in a bank. The purchase and delivery went safely and on time thanks to Mr. **'s diligence. I would recommend any one considering precious metals to contact Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Bernard! We are proud that our precious metals consultant was diligent in fulfilling all your needs.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I've been a client here for over a year. I rolled over an old 401k into precious metals. The process was easy, and very smooth. They've treated me with such professionalism and care. High recommendations all around.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Shanae! We strive to make the process smooth and appreciate your recommendation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Gold?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I checked out Advantage Gold's website and I like the information there. They're with the Better Business Bureau and the ratings are good. I found them very easy to work with. We acquired precious metals through a retirement account and they handled everything, especially with the IRA. It was all done within a couple of days, and we’re very happy with everything that we went through. Steve is very good and knowledgeable and he continues to follow up with us.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for you review Victoria! Steve was happy to rollover your account quickly and professionally.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

As a new gold investor, Kirill has been wonderful to work with. He ensures that I'm well educated and provides me with the resources I need. It is a pleasure working with him. It's exhilarating to take control of my investments and Kirill helped make it less scary for me.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Arlene! Kirill was happy to introduce you to precious metals investing for the first time!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Advantage Gold employees have been superbly professional and honest in their dealings with me, helpfully informative and they truly care about their clients and their clients' interests. They put on a webinar as a team not long ago with amazing amounts of well researched and helpful information shared. The team worked hard and long, had little sleep the night after the webinar and the following day their efforts continued to make sure all participants on the webinar were personally served and helped as quickly as possible. A truly outstanding webinar and effort by the entire team.

It might have been a bit overwhelming for them, but they remained impeccably professional, however it was extremely helpful for the participants. When I've asked for guidance from Kirill he has answered honestly, even if it means it isn't to their advantage. Their interest truly is in their clients' favor, not theirs. That honesty makes me trust them like nothing else could. Thank you, Advantage Gold, from the depth of my heart.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Sarah! We are excited that our webinar provided tremendous education for you and that we provided 5-star customer service while this event was happening.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I like Advantage Gold's advertising where they tried to educate people as they went through the process. And I chose to work with them because of that. Dealing with the IRA department went very smooth and they were very helpful. The guy I worked with, Steve, he’s very knowledgeable and also excited about the industry. I’ve learned a lot working with them and I feel I’m in a good position working with them.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Dennis! We are proud to offer an extensive education on precious metals to everyone who contacts us.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Finis, Advantage Gold's adviser, kept calling me. He kept in contact and when it became a good time for me, I gave him my business. I got an IRA and the interactions with the IRA department were great.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Robert! Finis can regularly provide more updates on your account or answer questions whenever needed.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We had a contact with Michael of Advantage Gold and we ended up working with him. We did a small purchase of actual coins and had those delivered to see that it was legitimate. And then, we did an IRA transfer and set one up through Michael and we did very well with him. He helped us through the application process and we transferred the funds over. As far as I know, the coins are sitting there in the depository.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Bradley! As you said, we welcome our clients to do a small purchase to see the beautiful coins for themselves.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I always think it is a good idea to be diversified and having gold and silver is a necessary addition to one's portfolio- no matter how small an investment. It can always be added to later. If one ever needs it to barter or in the event of a devaluation of the dollar against foreign currencies or a global recession you should have some readily available. Rob ** helped us pick the best assortment of coins and in the right amount. I highly recommend this company and Rob's expertise in this area.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Ellen! Rob was happy to help you choose the best assortment of coins for your needs.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Advantage Gold seemed legit and had a pretty good thing going so I went with them. Everything went smoothly. I acquired my precious metals through the IRA and had good interactions with them. Charlie, the rep whom I was working with, followed up with me when he said he would.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Joseph! We are pleased that you had a smooth and successful experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I shopped around before deciding on Advantage Gold. The persons I talked to were very helpful without being pushy. Sharonie has gone over and above to be helpful and very informative. I enjoy talking to Sharonie advantage of her knowledge about precious metals. Definitely a asset to your team.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Russell! Sharonie was happy to provide a full understanding of investing in precious metals.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I liked the reps of Advantage Gold, so I chose this company over their competitors. The reps were saying that they’ve had awards in the last five years. I acquired my precious metal through a retirement account and my interaction with the IRA department went smoothly. The account executive has been very patient and he explained things well.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Robert! We were happy to show you why we have received awards for our outstanding customer service.

Original review: July 30, 2018

The people from King’s View management recommended Advantage Gold and I acquired my precious metal through the self-directed section of my IRA. I dealt only with the rep, Andrew, and I've had a great experience with him. He calls periodically to check in on me. My experience with Advantage Gold has been good and I’ve already recommended them.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review John! We are thrilled that we lived up to our reputation after you were referred by Kingsview!

Original review: July 29, 2018

It’s been excellent with Advantage Gold. The delivery was right on time and in talking with the person that I contacted there, I had confidence in what he had to say and the way he said it. He was very good at his job and knew the right things to say.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Leslie! We always make efforts to ensure a fast and secure delivery.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Advantage Gold is very reputable and good, and that’s where we’re gonna purchase. My experience with them was fine. I made the call and talked to Steve, and he explained a whole bunch of stuff to me that I didn’t know. We got along well and I had a very pleasant experience with him. He was very polite and kinda funny. My husband has been talking to them too. Since I liked the way that they presented themselves, I’ve recommended them to somebody else.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Christie! We always explain the process thoroughly before any transaction and Steve appreciates your recommendation.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Advantage Gold was convenient and they were hooked up with a group that can do an IRA for me in gold. Most of my purchases was through a retirement account, but I also bought a few coins directly from them. They transferred one of my IRA 401(k) and one of my Roth IRA. The service was good and I was impressed with the accuracy and knowledge of the rep that I spoke with.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Mike! Our precious metals consultants strive to provide the most accurate and in-depth knowledge.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I saw an advertisement and it prompted me to call a couple of companies. When I called Michael, who is from Advance Gold, he walked me through everything. Then, when I called the other company, they were just worried about what I had been told by Advantage Gold and their approach was entirely different. I wasn't too pleased with that. I went with what Advantage Gold offered. Everything goes excellently whenever I have any dealings with Michael. He's on it. He's very personable and thorough. The IRA department was really quick to get everything taken care of and I didn't need to have constant interactions with them.

From my dealings with Advance Gold, which has already been for a year and a half now, I would recommend them to anyone. Also, give Michael a call. He'll tell you exactly what to do, what to expect, and what you can look forward to in your coming. It's all very clear. I never felt like there were any hidden agendas or fees. He puts it right out there, so there are no surprises.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Vola! Transparency, honesty and education about the precious metals transaction is very important to us at Advantage Gold.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I got a solicitation call from one of Advantage Gold's agents and he presented their product on the phone. The reps were professional enough. They were a little more eager to make a sale than the average Joe but they said that they were not pressuring me to buy something and in their opinion, their product would be my edge. When I was in the process of buying it, I talked to their COO for about 10 minutes and he said that it was okay with him if I didn't buy at all. He told me to stop if I had misgivings, give myself a month and don't buy at all. If I was comfortable in proceedings, that was what we would do. I stopped for a day. I did due diligence to make sure that they weren't stealing my money. I re-read everything they had sent and I Googled all the references that I could find about the bank and the setup. I was comfortable that it wasn't a scam.

It was an interesting concept and it had some value to me. I didn't have any more free money but I had much money in my IRA and I wanted to hold some of that in gold bars. I withdrew money from my retirement account, acquired the gold through Advantage Gold and entered it into the retirement account they set up for me. It was a different company that had ties with a bank. I considered doing it from other sources and it was just a matter of coincidence that they called people on the phone. With them, the next year, they sold me something that I had already made up my mind about buying.

I had one more moment of anxiety when Advantage had it all set up and they had sent me an email. It said that my account was in effect but I didn't have an account number or an email address to contact the people. It was just the name of the outfit that it was supposed to have been arranged with. I Googled that name and then found the phone number and called them. I asked if they have an account holding gold for me and they identified it by my Social Security number, my age and my full name and address. They also told me how much it was.

Overall, in the front end, Advantage was a little bit pushy until we took a step back. Also, at the tail end, they just wrote the emails and confirmed that my account was set up, and it didn't have enough information. It just said that they were not servicing my account and it will be done by a bank from then on. It didn't tell me how to reach it so I had to scram around and find the bank. They would sell more of their product if they were putting in writing the stuff that they were saying. Other than that, everything they said was true and there's no misleading advertisement so that was a positive for them. They delivered the product they said they would at the price they said and on the times that they said they would.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Richard! We are pleased that you did due diligence before deciding to work with us and we will always be available for any questions you may have.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Everyone at Advantage Gold is great. I acquired precious metals through a retirement account and they helped me every step of the way. They were also very knowledgeable. When I need them, they’re gonna be there for me. They’re very individual-based and friendly. They're excellent and I couldn't praise them enough. I’d recommend them to anybody.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for our review Joseph! We appreciate your recommendation and were excited to help you on every step of the process.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I got my metals through a retirement account and Ben was very helpful and patient in catching up with me. It had been a while since I researched it, so I wanted his best opinion as if it was his money he was investing, so I felt good about that. He was willing to work with me and he answered all of my stupid questions. Being able to let Advantage Gold do the work for me was nice, and doing the transfer and the phone calls was worth my time. It was a good experience.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Dana! It is our job to do all the work for you and we can provide more assistance whenever needed.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I already have a competent group that takes care of my collection but I’m always looking out to see what else is out there. The reps from Advantage Gold were very friendly. They keep checking with me and I’m really happy that I've acquainted with them. The one fellow I dealt with, Charlie, was very knowledgeable and up to date, and there was no rush as far as what I purchased through them. Overall, Advantage Gold is top-notch and goes above and beyond.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Regin! We are happy to provide the best 5-star service in the industry!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I was extremely pleased with the service Advantage Gold provided me, as I am not that well versed in metals and their knowledge and explanation of what I needed to know for the financial goals I have for the future were the best ever! They handled my transfer very quickly and professionally, explaining the process in detail. I would certainly recommend Advantage Gold to anyone who is interested in investing in Precious metals!

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Terry! Moving the process along smoothly and efficiently is our goal.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I already had investment stuff going on when I saw some people talking about gold and I thought to look into it. So I looked around and found Advantage Gold. I called and talked to them, and they walked me through everything and explained everything thoroughly. They got it down to my level where I could understand it, as a new investment goes. They also convinced me that they were the best in the market.

A lady from their IRA department did all the paperwork and we transferred all that online, and then I mailed it back to them. Shane and Travis call me all the time and they give me updates. They’re really good at getting back to me and letting me know what’s going on, where we’re standing and what the future looks like. They've also been really courteous and upfront about everything. Advantage Gold has done a great job for me and I've been totally satisfied. They have been professional and they know their stuff.

Advantage Gold response

Shaun, Travis and Advantage Gold thank you for your review John! Providing regular communication and comprehensive knowledge for our clients is our goal.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I went with Advantage Gold based on a friend of mine's recommendation and they were easy to work with. I acquired my precious metals directly and working with Brandon was good. He was thorough and informative.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Kevin! We were happy to make the process thorough and informative.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I was interested in making an investment and I was getting an idea on what I was able to do. I came across Advantage Gold online and I went a little further to see what the situation was with that company. The account executive was very helpful and the interaction between us was quite joyous. I received information from them and everything was good and precise. I was impressed with the way the individual spoke to me and the way he handled the situation as far as the questions I had and any matters that he could do to help me make a decision on the direction I wanted to go. I acquired the precious metals directly through Advantage Gold and I would tell others to definitely check into it because it’s worth the time.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Bernard! We strive to make every interaction you have with us a 5-star experience.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I looked up Advantage Gold online and they were very highly-rated. I rolled over a retirement account and their IRA Department are very good and very helpful. It has only been a couple of weeks since I signed up and they were very knowledgeable, courteous and attentive.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Neal! Our IRA department was thrilled to provide 5-star service while managing your rollover.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I wanted to buy some gold coin and I saw Advantage Gold on the internet. They had a piece of something that I wanted. I was interested in that so I asked and gave them my information then somebody called me. I own bonds and they keep coming due but I can't buy other bonds because there's nothing to buy that makes any sense. So after I decided what I wanted, I had to wait until the bond was sold. Then the guy who had the bond sent me the money and I had the money within a month. It has taken me close to a month before I got everything online. I worked with Andrew and I made a regular purchase with the little less than $10,000 I had. And he was very patient, understanding and very easy to work with.

Andrew sent me some pictures of what I was gonna buy. I wanted to see what it was gonna look like because I wasn't buying it for investment but because it'd be good to have it so I wanted it to look nice. And from the photos of a couple of different pieces, I picked the one I wanted. When I got it, it was exactly what I expected so he was really good at explaining what it was gonna look like and also about how it was gonna be delivered. I was expecting it three days after and I got it before, which was perfect and I didn't have to worry. I sent them a check and I had to wait for my check to clear before he mailed my stuff out. The service was incredibly good. And Andrew was very nice and even called me back. He was delightful because I'm not the easiest person to work with. I'm a retired lady who's always doing stuff and he was really very good at staying with it. My experience working with Advantage Gold is very good.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Sandy! We can accommodate anyone's unique financial situation. Also, we were happy to show the precious metals being bought in great detail before the purchase.

Advantage Gold Company Information