2. Gold IRA Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.97/5

Advantage Gold is a precious metal investments firm focused on helping consumers plan their retirement from start to finish. Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is there to assist you by setting up your IRA, processing your rollover as well as offering buyback services should you need to liquidate your metals.

BOTTOM LINE

Though the company is young and doesn’t yet offer the ability to purchase precious metals online, consumers who use Advantage Gold say the knowledgeable staff provides an easy, hassle-free introduction to portfolio diversification.

PROS
  • Direct delivery and home storage
  • Buyback services available
  • United States Mint listed dealer
CONS
  • Online purchase not available

Top Advantage Gold Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Gold?

I’m so glad I picked advantage gold to roll over my 401K into precious metals. Overall I feel confident I made a good choice converting my 401K into precious metals and happy how Advantage Gold treated me throughout the process.

Extremely satisfied with advice and information provided by Michael in making my first effort into the precious metal arena.He was very attentive to answering my questions in the matter and I couldn't be happier.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Advantage Gold

Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is a precious metal investment firm that has helped thousands of consumers plan their retirement and protect their wealth. The company offers extensive education services, several bullion-storage options and a buyback program for those who wish to liquidate their metals. For consumers that invest more than $50,000 with the company, Advantage Gold waives all fees for the first year.

Advantage Gold products and services

The financial team at Advantage Gold provide customers with comprehensive information and transparent pricing on all coins and precious metals IRA accounts. The company wants consumers to make educated, informed decisions about their retirement options.

Advantage Gold offers a variety of investor education materials, including free videos, workshops, webinars, retirement protection resources and market charts that are updated in real-time.

Advantage Gold sells and trades popular gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and has a buyback program for those who wish to liquidate their metals. The company has a generous refund policy and pay fair market value for returns.

Additionally, the company offers self-directed IRA accounts backed by the IRS, which are approved for gold coins, bullion and bars. Advantage Gold believes precious metals are a sound diversification strategy for most retirement portfolios and have a dedicated staff committed to helping consumers rollover their 401k or IRA accounts to include physical precious metals. Precious metals IRA accounts reduce overall portfolio volatility and create a hedge against an economic downturn, according to Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold pricing and storage fees

Unlike some precious metals firms, Advantage Gold takes pride in their transparent pricing and publishes its rates for the following services:

Initial set-up fees$50
Annual administrative fees$75
Annual storage fees$100

Advantage Gold partners with STRATA Trust Company as its preferred custodian and with Delaware Depository or Brink’s Global Services as its preferred depository.

Advantage Gold for first-time investors

Assisting new clients is a major strength for Advantage Gold and its financial team. With the company’s First Time Gold Investor Program, experienced account representatives walk consumers through the entire process of investing in physical precious metals, outlining the benefits of investing in gold and guiding customers step-by-step through an IRA account rollover. For consumers funding their account with $25,000 or more and ordering their first delivery, Advantage Gold offers fully-insured free shipping in just 2-3 business days.

Do we recommend Advantage Gold?

For first-time precious metal investors, Advantage Gold is an excellent choice. In just 5 years the company has grown 53% and is an Inc. 5000-rated company. Advantage Gold has a lot of advantages and benefits for novices — especially those who want to invest $50,000 or more. We recommend Advantage Gold for their commitment to investor education, transparent pricing and ability to assist thousands of customers.

Advantage Gold Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Gold?

Original review: April 5, 2021

Inquired into purchasing gold and silver coin. Spoke to rep Jay and he followed up on my questions. He was there when I was ready to buy. Jay explained how the process works, educated me where to look for information on purchasing coins and helped in the final selection process. After the order he followed up to make sure we received the coins and when the coins were delayed, he stayed with us until we received our shipment. Overall a very good experience, we will purchase again thru Jay. Herbert

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I was looking for a way to invest the money in my Traditional IRA in something other than the stock market. Advantage Gold provided the solution. I could buy tangible gold and silver and have it kept inexpensively at a depository...so no home safe needed. Advantage Gold made the process effortless, personally walking you through all the paperwork. And since this was an investment avenue I knew nothing about, the education and the tools they provided have been invaluable. The integrity and customer service of their staff has been impeccable.

Original review: July 14, 2020

When I contacted Jay ** about investing in precious metals, he got involved in helping me find the best way for me. He thoroughly went over my finances with me, and led me to a very good decision. Because my Roth IRA didn't have much money in it, Jay recommended buying almost pure silver Canadian Caribous 3/4 oz. coins. After checking his asking price against other dealers, I realized that I was getting a very good bargain. I received my order in 2 working days. The package was professionally packed and organized. I'm definitely an Advantage Gold customer from now on.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I contacted Advantage Gold hoping to understand a little more about how I can be safe with my money. Rob taught me all about how they help their clients. I learned more about what I was doing and what I wanted to do with my money moving forward. So glad I reached out to them and was able to make a plan moving forward. I would recommend them to anyone in the learning phase that has concerns about where their money is invested now.

Original review: June 27, 2020

The experience working with Advantage Gold was outstanding! Having no knowledge of precious metals, Mark took the time to share his expertise and and break everything down for me so I would understand and get the overall picture. When I was later transferred to Jeff to process my commitment, he also took the time to reiterate what Mark had said and he walked me through every step of the way ensuring that I fully understood the process behind this financial move. I am thankful for Advantage Gold and especially thankful to both Mark and Jeff for this amazing opportunity and for educating me on making a financial move that will benefit my immediate family's future and for generations to come. Thank you Mark and Jeff for your expert guidance, professionalism, patience with answering my many questions, and for your genuine care. I am so excited and confident about the future now.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Very educational and helpful experience. I contacted Advantage Gold and spoke with Rob **. He helped me get set up with an account on their educational website and walked me through some of the features. We talked about my different retirement accounts and which ones qualified. I'm glad I got in contact with them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I am impressed with this company. Between the education materials and Adam Baratta's webinars concerning the overall economic situation I am always learning. Jay was a pleasure to work with and looking forward to working learning more in the future. Good to have them on your side thru all of this uncertainty.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I felt very tentative about making the decision to purchase gold. Finis (and before him, Andrew) spent hours on the phone explaining things to me and answering my numerous questions. Even though I was making a small purchase by comparison to other investors, they treated me with extreme patience and consideration. Finis was also fun to talk to, and helped settle my nervousness with his wisdom, yet without being pushy.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I was concerned about the economy and the future outlook, I contacted Advantage Gold after watching a webinar by Adam Baratta. He was very well spoken and made me comfortable with the idea of learning about Gold as an investment. I spoke with Rob ** who gave me a quick walkthrough on their website. So glad to get all the information I did and can't wait to get started with investing in precious metals.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

The webinars have been great. Jared and the team at Advantage Gold walked me through their educational platform which really helped me decide not only how much to invest but with whom to do business with.

Advantage Gold Company Information