Call toll free
5.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Advantage Gold is a precious metal investments firm focused on helping consumers plan their retirement from start to finish. Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is there to assist you by setting up your IRA, processing your rollover as well as offering buyback services should you need to liquidate your metals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

283 Advantage Gold Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 19, 2019

I want to share with everyone who might be considering buying Gold or any other metals as a safe investment thru Advantage Gold. I have found new friends there who really make you feel at home and give you the guidance while your making this plan. I found the experts at Advantage. I personally spoke with Kirill, who is very patient and who educated me about the various choices he had for me. I really felt he cared about my investment and made it very easy for me.

Once I chose the metals I wanted, the next step was truly easy for me to set up. I placed some of the metals in my IRA account so the metals were sent to a special vault and are available when I need it. I also got some sent to my house and they arrived very quickly. Kirill also sent me a special gift and a book written by the President of the company, which I enjoyed very much! I have had a wonderful relationship with the knowledgeable and friendly people over at Advantage and will continue to call whenever I need their services. Truly a great company to deal with!

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I researched the movement of part of my 401k into precious metal for over a year. There were a few companies out there worth looking at, but Advantage Gold had a few things going for them, but one of the items that helped me pick them was that they are able to purchase and sell metals directly to you as well as arrange for the storage of the metals. This means that I don't go through a middleman to purchase my Silver and Gold. That is what got me talking to them. Once you talk with Travis or Scott, by the end of the conversation you have you know that they know their business very well, and more important, that they are looking out for your best interest.

Everyone that I have spoken with are very professional in manner, they call you back when they say they will, they have followed through every aspect of the transactions, from helping me move my money out of my 401k and into self managing IRA, to sitting with me asking me questions to understand my goals, to investing their time to ensure I have the best portfolio that meets my goals. I highly recommend this company, they may be others out there, but you won't find any as professional and understanding of your goals as Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Ronald! We are proud to have impressed with you every aspect of our customer service and to have been mindful of your goals throughout the process.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Advantage Gold employees have been superbly professional and honest in their dealings with me, helpfully informative and they truly care about their clients and their clients' interests. They put on a webinar as a team not long ago with amazing amounts of well researched and helpful information shared. The team worked hard and long, had little sleep the night after the webinar and the following day their efforts continued to make sure all participants on the webinar were personally served and helped as quickly as possible. A truly outstanding webinar and effort by the entire team.

It might have been a bit overwhelming for them, but they remained impeccably professional, however it was extremely helpful for the participants. When I've asked for guidance from Kirill he has answered honestly, even if it means it isn't to their advantage. Their interest truly is in their clients' favor, not theirs. That honesty makes me trust them like nothing else could. Thank you, Advantage Gold, from the depth of my heart.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Sarah! We are excited that our webinar provided tremendous education for you and that we provided 5-star customer service while this event was happening.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I saw an advertisement and it prompted me to call a couple of companies. When I called Michael, who is from Advance Gold, he walked me through everything. Then, when I called the other company, they were just worried about what I had been told by Advantage Gold and their approach was entirely different. I wasn't too pleased with that. I went with what Advantage Gold offered. Everything goes excellently whenever I have any dealings with Michael. He's on it. He's very personable and thorough. The IRA department was really quick to get everything taken care of and I didn't need to have constant interactions with them.

From my dealings with Advance Gold, which has already been for a year and a half now, I would recommend them to anyone. Also, give Michael a call. He'll tell you exactly what to do, what to expect, and what you can look forward to in your coming. It's all very clear. I never felt like there were any hidden agendas or fees. He puts it right out there, so there are no surprises.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Vola! Transparency, honesty and education about the precious metals transaction is very important to us at Advantage Gold.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I got a solicitation call from one of Advantage Gold's agents and he presented their product on the phone. The reps were professional enough. They were a little more eager to make a sale than the average Joe but they said that they were not pressuring me to buy something and in their opinion, their product would be my edge. When I was in the process of buying it, I talked to their COO for about 10 minutes and he said that it was okay with him if I didn't buy at all. He told me to stop if I had misgivings, give myself a month and don't buy at all. If I was comfortable in proceedings, that was what we would do. I stopped for a day. I did due diligence to make sure that they weren't stealing my money. I re-read everything they had sent and I Googled all the references that I could find about the bank and the setup. I was comfortable that it wasn't a scam.

It was an interesting concept and it had some value to me. I didn't have any more free money but I had much money in my IRA and I wanted to hold some of that in gold bars. I withdrew money from my retirement account, acquired the gold through Advantage Gold and entered it into the retirement account they set up for me. It was a different company that had ties with a bank. I considered doing it from other sources and it was just a matter of coincidence that they called people on the phone. With them, the next year, they sold me something that I had already made up my mind about buying.

I had one more moment of anxiety when Advantage had it all set up and they had sent me an email. It said that my account was in effect but I didn't have an account number or an email address to contact the people. It was just the name of the outfit that it was supposed to have been arranged with. I Googled that name and then found the phone number and called them. I asked if they have an account holding gold for me and they identified it by my Social Security number, my age and my full name and address. They also told me how much it was.

Overall, in the front end, Advantage was a little bit pushy until we took a step back. Also, at the tail end, they just wrote the emails and confirmed that my account was set up, and it didn't have enough information. It just said that they were not servicing my account and it will be done by a bank from then on. It didn't tell me how to reach it so I had to scram around and find the bank. They would sell more of their product if they were putting in writing the stuff that they were saying. Other than that, everything they said was true and there's no misleading advertisement so that was a positive for them. They delivered the product they said they would at the price they said and on the times that they said they would.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Richard! We are pleased that you did due diligence before deciding to work with us and we will always be available for any questions you may have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Gold?

Original review: July 18, 2019

The process of getting started with Advantage Gold has been very easy and hassle free. The people I've spoken with have all been very helpful in getting my account set up and answering any questions I have had. I would recommend them to anyone interested in investing in precious metals.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Had a great experience. Everything went well and would recommend Kirill. This is my second purchase with Advantage Gold. Kirill has been nothing but great with me in helping me with my purchase. He has taken good care of me.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I had a great experience with the team at Advantage Gold. Everyone is friendly and very easy to deal with. I did a 401k transfer and they were great with doing all of the legwork to make it happen. I would recommend their services to anyone who is interested in a precious metal retirement.

Original review: July 13, 2019

After some research and contemplation I took the decision to diversify my 401K as most of it was vested in mutual funds and stock. I settled on converting a portion into precious metals. I researched about a half dozen firms and settled on Advantage Gold. After making the initial call to AG Adam promptly returned my call and was most helpful explaining the process of establishing a 401K gold account. He shared his background and Advantage’s history and how AG was structured to streamline the process. The staff was prompt in assisting with necessary forms while following up with submissions and filings with all institutions/companies. Throughout the entire process Adam addressed any questions or concerns I had in a very timely and detailed manner. I highly recommend AG to anyone interested in setting up a precious metal 401K account.

Original review: June 29, 2019

If you want your gold buying experience served up with some laughs, mixed with a great education about precious metals, ask for "The Godfather" (a.k.a Michael Smollins). He is very unique and easy going and always has a patient, understanding approach. It's easy to understand why he is successful. He was a total delight and I would recommend anyone who is interested in buying gold to ask for The Godfather (seriously, I asked for him that way on several occasions and the receptionist put me right through. Too funny.). He will make you an offer that you can't refuse!

Original review: June 28, 2019

Extremely satisfied with advice and information provided by Michael in making my first effort into the precious metal arena. I will no doubt be making more purchases through him in the future as resources permit. He was very attentive to answering my questions in the matter and I couldn't be happier.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Trust is important to me these days. When I became a precious metal owner for my future I had no doubt I made the right decision with the right rep and the right company. My mind is at peace now. Thank you Travis and Advantage Gold!

Original review: June 20, 2019

Geroge ** and Paul ** professional and was very concerning and patient to make sure they addressed all my concerns and that I understand the complete processes and then after the transaction George follow up was very helpfully and appreciated and made me feel that he just wasn't there to make a sale but to make sure the client was completely satisfied and understood my options in the further. I would highly recommend Advantage Gold to anyone that is interested in learning the gold market and the way to invest in it.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Michael was great help in me making the decision to purchase precious metals and made sure I clearly understood the benefits in great detail so I would be confident when I told my retirement advisor I was going to make the purchase against their advice.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I am so glad I was able to connect with Pierce to learn more about Advantage Gold and what my options are. He was thorough, patient and knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions and made me feel incredibly at ease about the process. Thank you for everything!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Steve ** was excellent. Walked through both the Rollover and purchase very clearly. Very customer service focused. One suggestion: wished more steps could be done via email instead of live phone call. Phone tag can be frustrating at times. Overall, I would highly recommend Steve and Advantage Gold!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Working with Advantage Gold was an excellent experience. They answered all my questions thoroughly and in a manner that was easy to understand. I would recommend them to anyone considering a self-directed IRA in precious metals. I would also recommend Adam Baratta's book, "Gold is a Better Way." It is an easy to read book that will give you valuable insight into contemporary economics that shape our world.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Steve ** continued to work with me after my initial call, during multiple delays on my part. He had patience while I handled emergencies, moved, etc. for several months, until I was ready to actually buy (a rollover from an IRA). I found his customer service and knowledge to be excellent. Although I felt nervous at the beginning, all my questions were answered thoroughly to my satisfaction. Transferring stock to coins was easy since I had a rep on the phone with me every step of the way. Further, Steve has continued to follow up to tell me what the next steps are and continue to answer questions. I am well served!

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have always been interested in a Silver IRA, and Advantage Gold was great to work with! From Day One, Kirill, Steve, and Deborah very supportive in guiding through the roller over process, I could not ask for more professional, customer service oriented people. I highly recommend Advantage Gold!!

Original review: June 3, 2019

Kirill ** is fantastic! He patiently worked with me on a self directed IRA that I had neglected sitting in cash with a 3rd party custodian. He practically hand held me through the process of transferring the IRA to Strata Trust for more comprehensive benefits. He took care of all the logistics of getting this done. He answered my questions and concerns on gold and silver products and recommended online sites to get better informed on these assets. Kirill listened carefully to my wishes on how I wanted my IRA invested and his pick of Gold and Silver coins was the perfect fit for me. The care and attention to detail that Kirill and Advantage Gold extended to a small investor like me, is the first in my experience. I would most definitely recommend Advantage Gold and Kirill ** to any investor.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Jay was a pleasure to work with. He was willing to educate me when I knew little about this process. I feel confident that we are in good hands. I gave a 5 star rating because I wouldn't know how to improve your service to me.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I really enjoyed working with Nick **. He made the process of moving my IRA easy to understand. He explained why Gold was a good idea for my portfolio. The education available on Advantage Gold’s website was excellent and I felt good about the whole process.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Michael ** is an outstanding representative of Advantage Gold. I trust him completely, and have already recommended him to a family member. Although I've never met him in person, I consider him to be a good friend. You have an excellent asset in Mr. **.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I want to thank the Advantage Gold team. Steve and the group helped me in my precious metals search and gave me all the up to date information I asked for. The gold is a better way, site is a amazing and was very helpful in my research.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The excellent staff at Advantage Gold performed like winners. Everything they say they will do, they did. I could tell that they were interested in educating and helping me to invest in gold and silver. Their interest was to providing the best customer service in the industry. I continue to do business with those I trust and I trust Advantage Gold.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Our account was relatively small but it didn't matter! The folks at Advantage Gold answered all our questions, and we had many. We hope to do more business with them in the future as we build up a good level of protection in our Portfolio. The representatives explained our choices in Metals and form and never tried to sell anything but rather let us ask questions and make the decisions! A+++ Class Act.

Original review: May 26, 2019

Overall I was very pleased with my experience with Advantage Gold. I was given extensive advice and guidance, and I can tell the customers are given the utmost care and attention. Frank ** was especially insightful, patient, and helped me learn about the services offered.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Frank was extremely helpful and thoughtful in guiding me to get what I wanted. His patience and expertise made me confident that Advantage Gold was right for me. I was able to get all my questions answered and am 100% satisfied with the service!

Original review: May 21, 2019

The company, & its staff have been very cordial and very helpful. I'm very happy with the work that they've done for me. I would certainly recommend them to any friends looking for investment advice.

Original review: May 8, 2019

When I first spoke with Michael ** from Advantage Gold I knew very little about buying gold. He was able to guide me through the process with no pressure. He was there for me every step of the way to my actual purchase.

Advantage Gold Company Information