5.0/5 (423 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About Advantage Gold

Advantage Gold is a precious metals investment firm that helps clients acquire physical precious metals by direct delivery and through existing retirement accounts. Advantage Gold specializes in education and long-term client relationships, and the company can guide you through the IRA purchase process from start to finish.

Pros

• Direct delivery and home storage
    • Buyback services available
    • U.S. Mint-listed dealer

Cons

• Online purchase not available

Bottom Line

Advantage Gold offers fast gold and silver delivery, and its connection to a large network of suppliers helps keep costs down. The company guides and educates clients without resorting to high-pressure sales tactics.

Top Advantage Gold Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Being a novice in this type of investment transaction I was impressed with the professionalism, knowledge and patience of the Advantage Gold agents. ... I highly recommend Advanta...

Verified

I knew I wanted a gold IRA. I contacted them and spoke with Rob. I'm in the process of rolling over my IRA now. He has been very helpful. He keeps me updated about what's going on...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Advantage Gold

Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is a precious metals investment firm that has helped thousands plan their retirement and protect their wealth. The company offers extensive education services, several bullion storage options and a buyback program for those who wish to liquidate their metals. For those who invest more than $50,000 with the company, Advantage Gold waives all fees for the first year.

With the company’s First Time Gold Investor Program, account representatives walk you through the entire process of investing in physical precious metals, outlining the benefits of investing in gold and guiding you step by step through an IRA account rollover. If you’re funding your account with $25,000 or more and ordering your first delivery, Advantage Gold offers free and fully insured shipping in just two to three business days.

Advantage Gold products and services

The financial team at Advantage Gold provides customers with comprehensive information and transparent pricing on all coins and precious metals IRA accounts so you can make educated, informed decisions about your retirement options.

Advantage Gold offers a variety of education materials for investors, including free videos, workshops, webinars, retirement protection resources and market charts that are updated in real time.

Advantage Gold sells and trades popular gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and has a buyback program for those who wish to liquidate their metals. The company has a generous refund policy and pays fair market value for returns.

Additionally, the company offers self-directed IRA accounts backed by the IRS, which are approved for gold coins, bullion and bars. Advantage Gold believes precious metals are a sound diversification strategy for most retirement portfolios and have a dedicated staff committed to helping customers roll over their 401(k) or IRA accounts to include physical precious metals. Precious metals IRA accounts reduce overall portfolio volatility and create a hedge against an economic downturn, according to Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold pricing and storage fees

With Advantage Gold, you can expect to pay these rates for the following services:

Initial set-up fees*$50
    Annual administrative fees*$80
    Annual storage fees*$100

*As of publishing

Advantage Gold partners with Equity Trust Company & STRATA Trust Company as its preferred custodians and with Delaware Depository and Brink’s Global Services as its preferred depositories.

Advantage Gold FAQ

What types of precious metals can I keep in my Advantage Gold IRA account?
    You can store gold, silver, platinum and palladium metals in your account.
    Where does Advantage Gold store my precious metals?
    IRA accounts can have approved gold, silver, platinum and palladium. See the bullion and coin list on the website for IRS-approved products.
    Does Advantage Gold have a buyback program?
    Yes. You can sell back metals purchased from Advantage Gold at any time, and the company pays fair market value. At minimum, you’ll get the spot price at the time of liquidation.
    Can I roll over my retirement account to an Advantage Gold IRA?
    You can roll over the following types of retirement accounts into an Advantage Gold IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP and Simple IRA; Thrift Savings Plan (TSP); 401(k), 403(b) and 457(b); pension plan; and tax-sheltered annuity.

Do we recommend Advantage Gold?

For first-time precious metal investors, Advantage Gold is an ideal option. In just a few years the company has grown 53% and made its way into the Inc. 5000 rankings. Advantage Gold offers several benefits for novices — especially those who want to invest $50,000 or more. We recommend Advantage Gold for its commitment to investor education, transparent pricing and ability to assist thousands of customers.

Advantage Gold Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Gold?

Original review: June 28, 2022

I have really liked working with Steve on my gold and silver portfolio. He has had great patience with me answering all of my questions and has been very considerate of my time. I didn't feel pressured to make any decision and he allowed me to work through it all until I was sure about what I wanted to do. I would recommend Advantage Gold to anyone that is considering adding precious metals to their portfolio.

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I recently opened an IRA with Advantage Gold. Due to the volatility in the stock market I was concerned and thought it be wise to versify my portfolio but not knowing much about precious metals I didn't know where to start. Fortunately I received a call from Justin ** with Advantage Gold and he provided me with information pertaining to investing in precious metals. Both he and Shaun ** have got me set up in converting most of my stock ventures into precious metals. I definitely feel more secure with my investments. I have to thank both Justin and Shaun for their great advice in getting me setup in precious metals.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

My wife and I would once again like to thank Brad ** for his gracious manner, ongoing communication, and understanding of our goals from the beginning. Together, Brad ** and Richard ** made our 3rd transaction as seamless as the previous ones! Richard's precious metals knowledge and market insight provided the final ingredient to our portfolio. Now that's a Winning Team!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

The first purchase experience was very good with exceptions. My issues were: (1) having to pay in advance which forced purchase of additional products rather than a refund of the overpayment and (2) no advance indication of the shipping fee for the items requested. This fee was used to adjust the bill to the amount I had sent, and was not entirely based on the shipment. My purchase was delivered in less than a week which was excellent. As a result of this prompt delivery, a second purchase was made without the pre-pay requirement. This was much better. The shipping fee was still adjusted, this time in my favor (for $0.50). Rapid delivery of both shipments is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I was introduced to Jay by my sister, Debbie **. We attempted to do a partial rollover from my 401K with my current employer to Advantage Gold. Per my plan, I am not able to initiate a transfer until the age of 65. Jay was kind, knowledgeable & accommodating - wonderful customer service! I plan to contact him in 2 1/2 years.

Patty

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Travis is very knowledgeable and helpful in the precious metals business. We have been very satisfied with his service over the past couple of years. Advantage Gold is definitely the industry leader. Their connection with Strata Trust IRA is also very convenient.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

The two salesmen with whom I dealt were very helpful and informative. The gold came within a few days after it was ordered. It was wrapped very well and confidentially. It would be difficult to guess what was inside the package. Therefore, the temptation to have the wrong person to open it was minimized.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

So far Cody is being very straightforward with explaining the process and I am getting ready for roll over 401K / IRAs through their company. He has answered my questions and I will have more at our next meeting.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Worked with Adam ** at Advantage Gold for few years. Had a great experience, Adam has taught me everything there is to know about investing in gold and silver. Would highly recommend working with Adam and advantage gold. Thank you.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Advantage Gold made the process of buying precious metals very easy. Had a great experience working with them. We are so incredibly grateful to Carl G. for walking us through this process and we are looking forward to more business in the future with Carl and Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold Company Information