Call toll free
4.95/5
Based on 61 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Advantage Gold is a precious metal investments firm focused on helping consumers plan their retirement from start to finish. Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is there to assist you by setting up your IRA, processing your rollover as well as offering buyback services should you need to liquidate your metals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

61 Advantage Gold Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

I wanted to buy some gold coin. I saw Advantage Gold on the internet and they had a piece of something that I wanted. I was interested in that. I asked and gave them my information and then somebody called me. I worked with Andrew and I made a regular purchase. I had a little less than $10,000 and I wanted to buy that much gold. I own bonds and they keep keep coming due but I can't buy other bonds because there's nothing to buy that makes any sense. After I decided what I wanted, I had to wait until the bond was sold. Then the guy who had the bond sent me the money and I had the money within a month. So it has taken me close to a month before I got everything online. And Andrew was very patient, understanding and very easy to work with.

He sent me some pictures of what I was gonna buy. I wanted to see what it was gonna look like because I wasn't buying it for investment but because it'd be good to have it so I wanted it to look nice. And from the photos of a couple of different pieces, I picked the one I wanted. When I got it, it was exactly what I expected so he was really good at explaining what it was gonna look like and also about how it was gonna be delivered. I was expecting it three days after and I got it before, which was perfect so I didn't have to worry. I sent them a check and I had to wait for my check to clear before he mailed my stuff out. The service was incredibly good. And Andrew was very nice and even called me back. He was delightful because I'm not the easiest person to work with. I'm a retired lady who's always doing stuff and he was really very good at staying with it. My experience working with Advantage Gold is very good.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 13, 2018

I had switched my investments from another company to Advantage Gold. I like that they have a good reputation. I've been tracking their track record and they've been very successful as far as consumer approval. Also my agent, George, has always been professional. He always calls me and informs me of any possible changes and gives me an update within each month about how my gold and how the account is doing. He also explained everything explicitly and he has a very humble nature about himself.

I would recommend Advantage Gold to anybody who would venture into gold or consider having gold as an investment in their portfolio. I would tell others that I've had nothing but success and I'm satisfied with the company. Gold is a good choice. Investors have been successful for decades and with the way that the market is now, it would be a good idea to invest in that because it doesn't look like the gold market is gonna take a hit.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I found Advantage Gold online, looked at their reviews and they were very highly recommended. It was very easy to speak with a personal representative and I started with Advantage Gold last month after I spoke with someone. I’m 50 and I don’t like to even discuss finances with anyone under 40. That’s my personal rule so when Ted, my representative told me that he's 29, I was very pleasantly surprised. I would’ve probably ended the conversation at that point with anyone else because I don’t think they’re experienced enough and I am really not interested in a lot they have to say. But Ted made me really think twice about that and I was very happy to work with him.

I am probably a Type A in business and I don’t like being led by someone else. I know what I want to accomplish as far as my investment goes and I need someone to really be honest with me and help me get there which Ted did for me. It was never “I was a little lady needing a man to help her get through this very convoluted investment thing.” He wasn’t like that at all. I told him exactly what I wanted to have in my safe and what I wanted to do with my IRA's and we’re getting exactly where I wanna go with them.

I acquired my precious metals directly and I’m setting up to SEP IRA also. I’ve been watching both the precious metals market and other investment markets and I am totally sold on getting my IRA's backed by precious metal and getting all of the bills that I have in my safe for cash on hand changed into little coins that I could use in exchange for goods if that ever came to be out. I’m still happy with them and I’m starting to buy gold but I’m afraid to tell people about what I’m really doing because everyone wants what one has. But if anyone comes to me and asks, Advantage Gold will be my person.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Marti! Our consultants all have extensive backgrounds in financial services and are trained rigorously in precious metals specifically. We appreciate that you gave Ted a chance to prove his knowledge.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I liked that Advantage Gold is the largest precious metal dealer in the United States. I dealt with Michael from the IRA department, and he was great and took care of everything. He seemed enthusiastic about setting up this account for me. His knowledge, overall, was superb. After everything was said and done, I have left some $365 in my account. And to me, I thought that should have been put into some more silver. I have told people about Advantage Gold and if they're ever interested in setting up a precious metal IRA, I told them I know who they can get a hold of.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Troy! We appreciate your recommendations and the opportunity to provide you with 5-star service.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I liked the guy that I talked to when I called them Advantage Gold so I chose to work with them. It was good with the IRA department with the way the people took care of things and helped me out on doing everything. And the account executive I worked with was extremely good. She knew where to go, what to do, and how to do it.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review James! Our one-of-a-kind IRA department was happy to assist you with the rollover.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Gold?

Original review: July 8, 2018

I was searching the web and I came across an ad about getting a book by James Rickards called The New Case for Gold. I put in the word that I would like a copy of the book and I got a call. I talked with a guy named Brad who sent the book, and then called to speak to my significant other and myself on a Saturday. He spent over two hours on the phone with us and the relationship with Advantage Gold developed from there. He was patient and friendly. He did not put on the used car salesman shiny shoes and was not on the phone every couple of days to see if he can make profit off us. Even though my significant other is still heavily tied up and I’m worried to death that she’ll lose like she did in ’08 when it crashed, Advantage remained available to assist. I found them honorable and they respected our slow decision making pace.

I’m disabled and I’ve got 10 hedge traumas under my belt I’ve been blessed with. And I turn often to seek advice and ask for opinions. So many times, many of those people have seized the opportunity to try to hard sell. But this gentleman did not and he was more educational and informative. Even though he was used to starting to help someone at the $10,000 range, when he heard that I am on my social security disability check but would want to stack in silver, he allowed me to set only $500 and set me up with the nice silver. I all sing the praises of Advantage far and wide. I like these people and every spare flat dollar I got will go into silver from them.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Paul! We were happy to accommodate your unique situation and are excited that you appreciated our educational approach. Brad will always be ready to answer more questions whenever needed.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I got my precious metals from Advantage Gold within an IRA because of their Better Business Bureau rating and they were good.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Kevin! We are proud that you first decided to work with us after seeing our excellent BBB rating.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had some silver in another company and Advantage Gold contacted me and helped me switch it over to them. Before that, I had my 401k in the stock market and in 2008, I lost about $150,000. I was disgusted and I wanted to go to something else but it was a mistake. I bought silver at a high point in the market after being convinced that it wasn't going anywhere but up. But it kept going down since then and now, I’m stuck with it. I jumped in too fast and lost a considerable amount, through nobody’s fault except the market and me not being well-schooled.

When I switched over to Advantage Gold, Paul became my account executive and he has been really helpful and supportive. I was out of work for about eight months so I had to cash some of my investment in at a great loss. I took delivery on some that I still have so I don’t have complaints at all against him or the company. I've only worked with two companies like Advantage Gold and they were far better than the other one.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Jimmy! We are excited that you decided to take a new direction with your retirement. Paul will always be ready to help you.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I was referred to a guy named Steve who works at Advantage Gold, and I was told that he was good and knowledgeable. I called him and he was extremely informative, which I appreciated from salespeople. He was friendly, too. I asked him a couple of questions about gold. Then, I acquired my precious metals directly from them. Advantage Gold was professional. As I’ve never dealt with a hard metal company, I didn’t know what to expect. But, my experience with them had been surprisingly pleasurable. I’ve already recommended them.

Advantage Gold response

Steve and Advantage Gold thank you for your review Chris! We are proud that you chose Advantage Gold to invest in precious metals for the first time.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I was interested in coins and when I went online and checked out Advantage Gold, they got back to me in a timely fashion. I then dealt with Michael and he was amazing. He made things simple. I've never bought anything like this before and he called me and guided me through all the steps I needed to do from beginning to end. He also stayed in touch with me and made sure that everything was alright and good. I kept his number because he's good at what he does. I’m retired and I acquired the precious metals directly but we sent it to Pennsylvania. I’ll be in contact with Advantage Gold because I might wanna add some more precious metals to my portfolio.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Norris! Michael looks forward to working with you more in future acquisitions and was happy to make this process simple.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I looked up Advantage Gold and the information that I was reading looked good. I contacted them by phone and their rep did a lot of explaining and sent me some material. Everyone at the IRA department was very friendly and the information was very good. If I had a question, I would ask the rep and he would explain to me. And the explanations were very easy to understand. It was a good experience.

My account executive, Charlie, was upfront about everything and explained in a very straightforward manner. When he called me, we got online, and he walked me through several different things. There was no pressure and that was the thing that I enjoyed. We took money out of one of my retirement accounts and moved it to Advantage Gold. I bought the coinage and that was all good. And Charlie has been in touch a couple of times since just to see if there’s anything going on that I needed to ask him about. I would very much recommend Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Marilyn! We are happy that had you a 5-star experience with your consultant Charlie and our IRA department.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I was looking for a gold investment and found Advantage Gold online. I acquired my precious metals through a retirement account and worked with Richie throughout the process. He was great, very amenable and kept the conversations light. Everything was enjoyable but the only bad part is when I see my investment go down immediately because they are only giving me a gold value when they put it into the STRATA. It’s the first time I’ve ever bought metals. I get my first valuation and stand 19% or 22%.

I was moving stuff into metals because I was getting worried about the market. But the reality is that when you buy a coin, they’re worth more than the gold value, so they’re worth whatever the going spot rate is. That is something that should be considered when they talk to people because some of them said not to worry and that it'll do that a little bit. A little bit is not 25%. Still, I enjoyed the opportunity to work with Advantage Gold and I would recommend them.

Advantage Gold response

Richie and Advantage Gold thank you for your review George! Please feel free to call Richie anytime to review your valuation statements or if you have any questions.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I bought precious metals through a retirement account and I worked with Sharani, the account executive from Advantage Gold. She knew her business and was very informative. I made a decision right then and she finished it up. And she has followed up every year since. Advantage Gold is as good as anyone else or better. Give Advantage Gold a try.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Victor! Providing regular communication and education is important to us at Advantage Gold.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I first knew about Advantage Gold on the internet and they were the only gold IRA company I considered. Their IRA department was very helpful and I didn't feel pressured. They gave me a lot of facts and told me what was going on. Overall, I had a good experience with Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Greg! Education is extremely important for us at Advantage Gold and we are happy that you experienced this.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I had some friends who had bought some gold. I was researching and ran across Advantage Gold. When I called, their rep Joseph was so nice. He sent me a booklet and some brochures to read and kept following up. I felt really confident with him. Thereafter, I filled out some forms and Advantage had my money in an annuity. They contacted the annuity and had it moved over so I didn't have to contact anyone. I was able to secure the precious metals through my retirement account. Since then, I've been really satisfied and I feel like y investment is secure. I recommend Advantage Gold as they seem like a really good deal to me

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Gail! Keeping in contact with our clients as they educate themselves is important to all our precious metals consultants.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had an interest in gold and I was looking online for gold companies. Advantage Gold gave me a call and I also got a call from Birch Gold Group, Franklin Mint, and a few others out there, but what caught me was the overwhelming professionalism and kindness from George, the representative from Advantage. He’s very patient and wasn’t pushy. When I talked to different businesses, I get a lot of pushy and very impatient people. And the first thing they wanna know is if I’m interested or not. I had some people hang up the phone as soon as I said I was not interested. And that wasn’t the case with him. He said, “Well, when you would like to find out more information about it, just give me a call.”

George left his number and over a course of a few months, he gave me a call back. So I started talking to him and he has a wealth of knowledge concerning it and shared it with me in layman’s terms. And he walked me through and offered assistance for further inquiries that I had. And he has since then, followed up with me. He wasn’t able to reach me direct but he left messages. And he sent me some information via email as well. Overall, I had a fantastic experience with Advantage and I will tell people that it’s a very good venture.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Samuel! Patience and professionalism are essential values for our precious metals consultants.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I acquired my precious metals through a retirement account at Advantage Gold and my account executive, Ben, helped me great. We had basic discussions about stuff and how everything went. Everything was fine. So look into it and make a decision. If you feel it’s right for you, then do it.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Erik! Ben was happy to help guide your decision-making regarding your retirement.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I checked reviews and Advantage Gold had the best reviews. I have a retirement account with them. The account executive I work with, Joe, is very good. He tried to get me good deals with the purchase of coins and stuff. And he offered me to use their discounted things for shipping. I’m satisfied with the coins and the cost of the coins. If I have questions and I contact them, for example, by email, Joe always helped me right away or he called me back. Like if I had doubts about a purchase, he contacted me right away and looked into ways how to help me. So customer support was really good. I would recommend them.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Sven! We strive to offer the most value possible in every transaction and Joe will continue to work towards getting you the best deal for precious metals.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I was referred to Advantage Gold and they did really well on the rollover of my regular 401k to gold and silver. I worked with Paul and he was very good and helpful. He called me back and always answered whenever I had a question and he helped me whenever I needed anything. Advantage Gold did everything they should and I had a good experience with them.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Lee! Paul was happy to provide frequent and knowledgeable answers to all of your questions.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Karla helped educate me for investing in precious metals and she was patient, kind, sincere and very intelligent. She and I will do a lot of business and I would refer her to people I know that want to invest in gold.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Mary! Karla looks forward to working with you more as well and appreciates your recommendations.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I was new to the market and I saw Advantage Gold's reviews online. I talked to Ted, the account manager that I worked with, and he explained everything to me, so I went with them. He was really friendly and happy to answer my questions. I had a retirement account with a former employer and I just rolled it over. Everything went great when I dealt with the IRA department. They did a great job and answered any questions that I had. I would recommend Advantage Gold to anybody. They're great people.

Advantage Gold response

Ted and Advantage Gold thank you for your review JT! Rolling over retirement plans from former employers and working with plan custodians is our specialty.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I like the kid from Advantage Gold that I’m working with. He does good. He’s bright and knowledgeable. You can’t ask for much better than that. We went down $27 a couple of weeks ago. But I haven’t had a chance really to look at it and see what my stuff has done. But I've been satisfied with them. They come across well and I don’t think they’re overselling.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Richard! We make sure that all our consultants are experts in every aspect of the precious metals market.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I was impressed with the sales staff from Advantage Gold. They were informative without being too pushy. I do some trading and stock market so I’m a little bit more knowledgeable than some people are, and Advantage Gold answered all of my questions appropriately, even my trick questions. I wanted to see if they were just playing me as a dumb consumer, and they were knowledgeable. I had a lot of paperwork and Joe, the executive from Advantage Gold, was very attentive. He called every week or two just to check up on me and let me know how the gold market is doing. We discussed for a few minutes the economy and other things regarding that. From the time we started this until now, I developed breast cancer and when he found out, he sent a box of chocolates. He even checked up on me about twice a week.

Advantage Gold is competitive and they take the time to explain everything to you. Buying gold is not something that people do on a regular basis, even people who trade in the stock market so they have a lot of questions. And when you’re putting up $100,000, there’s a little bit of fear there too and Advantage Gold was very good at that.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Vicky! Our precious metals consultants all have extensive backgrounds in precious metals and financial services. We are proud that we could handle your trick questions!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I've been looking into gold and silver for a long time, so I was doing research and Advantage Gold popped up. The company seemed to have a good rating for stability. Sharonie was the only rep that I've been working with and she has done an excellent job. She guided me along and educated me on some things and helped answer my questions. She was always there whenever I need a question answered and she was very patient with me. It took me months and months to decide and she has been there for a long time. She's been very knowledgeable and very good at communicating with me and keeping me up to speed. It's only been a month since I went with Advantage Gold and so far, so good.

Advantage Gold response

Sharonie and Advantage Gold thank you for your review Lori! Keeping our clients regularly updated on their portfolio and knowledgeable on current events in the market is something we'll continue to do for all our clients.

Original review: May 25, 2018

A year and a half ago I was looking at getting into buying some gold. I had started talking with Andrew from Advantage Gold about the possibilities of different things that we could do and so I got involved with them. I switched my IRA over into precious metals. Andrew's service has been great. He has bent over backward to answer any questions that I had and he would do anything that I needed, like if I lost something that he had sent me. However, he had a hard time communicating with me since they like to work using the internet and at this moment, I had 34743 emails that I haven't read yet. I retired 10 years ago and when I was still working, I told everybody to send me a text if they got something special for me.

I acquired the precious metals they arrange for a trustee type of account. I had a dollar retirement account IRA and then that has to be under the treasure trustee. And then Andrew handled all of that so that I just had to send the papers and it went through. Right now, I have to take required distributions and I'll just let Andrew know what claims I want to take out that'll cover that.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Daivd! We are happy to accommodate any preferences on communication, including text messaging or not using a computer at all. Andrew will always be ready for more needs you may have going forward.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I purchased gold through a self-directed IRA and the Advantage Gold people were fine. The rep Richard was great. He answered all the questions I had. When I needed further explanation on something, he was quite clear and concise. I was pleased with my interaction with him. It was a rewarding experience and when I’m ready to buy gold again, I’ll definitely reach back out to him and then go through the process again.

Advantage Gold response

Richie and Advantage Gold thank you for your review Jeff! We look forward to working with you again and are pleased that you had an excellent experience with us.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I asked for some information from Advantage Gold which they sent me. Then, they did a follow-up and I still wasn’t sure because I had nobody to speak to about it. So they had called back again and the gentleman, Andrew, took the time and explained things to me and says that whenever I’m ready, he can set up another gentleman to call me and explain things even further. I thought about it and then I was very satisfied. He educated me and so I went ahead and followed through with it. He explained things because it was my first time looking at their statement. He took the time to teach me and answer my questions. I didn’t feel rushed. I felt that Advantage Gold was interested in making sure that I understood the process and the statement and that I had no questions on anything.

Brandon is the one who talked to me about the different qualities of the different types of golds and educated me on the market of how gold works. He questioned whether I was going to be short term or long term and then he made his recommendation based on that. I have no apprehensions. Advantage Gold went way over and beyond. I never expected what they were going to do, let alone what they did. I’m very pleased and was truly amazed. I made the right decision based on the information that Advantage Gold has given me. I have one sister that I know would be interested in speaking to Advantage Gold. Her husband passed away and she’s in a situation where she’s gonna have to make some decisions. So I would definitely recommend Advantage Gold and both of the gentlemen without any reservation.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for you review Mary! Brandon and Andrew thank you for your recommendation and will always be available if you need anything further.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Advantage Gold is fair, confident, and straightforward. They gave me information about the gold and the gold business. They did a lot to educate me and I appreciated that. I only purchased around $75,000, which is not a huge amount, but it got complicated. They had to create a self-directed IRA so I could take it out of my retirement accounts to buy gold with it through Strata. Then, they had to go through all kinds of hoops and jumps created by Ameriprise. Sometimes the delays are almost a month but they kept the thing up. So they did a lot of work to make the sale and that I didn't defect. Debra was very good, patient, and confidently helped the people at Ameriprise do the right thing. She also kept me informed, as did Andrew, who was knowledgeable, friendly and persistent but didn't harass. I've already suggested Advantage Gold to several people, including some friends and two relatives.

Advantage Gold response

Andrew, Deborah and Advantage Gold thank you for your review Kenneth! Our IRA department can handle transfers from any custodian with the highest level of attention and experience.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Advantage Gold’s reps were really friendly. I called and spoke with Matthew, and my experience went really well. I was sent the paperwork and I filled it out and it was seamless. I have previously bought through Lear Capital and switched over to Advantage Gold because their price is better. I would tell a friend to go with them.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Doug! We are proud to provide extremely competitive pricing.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I deal with several different dealers and they treated me excellently. Shawn, the one I work with at Advantage Gold, is excellent and knowledgeable. He's friendly, handles things well and on-time. I had money in the retirement account and I took the money out of there and rolled it into an IRA with Advantage Gold. We picked out the coins and the more I thought and read about it, and consider everything, if you don't hold it, you don't own it. If it's in your greedy little paws, it's yours. If it's in somebody's locker then you hope you own it. So I got a hunch and I said I want it all out of there. I want everything in my pocket, so we did. Shawn calls me occasionally if he gets on something or something that I should think about. I enjoy hearing from him. If I have any questions, I had to pick a phone, call in and he's good about that. Advantage Gold has always been fair with me. They are reliable, helpful and honest. We'd never know until the final inning.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review John! Regular communication, honesty and education are important values for all our precious metals consultants.

Advantage Gold Company Information