Call toll free
4.98/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Advantage Gold is a precious metal investments firm focused on helping consumers plan their retirement from start to finish. Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is there to assist you by setting up your IRA, processing your rollover as well as offering buyback services should you need to liquidate your metals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Though the company is young and doesn’t yet offer the ability to purchase precious metals online, consumers who use Advantage Gold say the knowledgeable staff provides an easy, hassle-free introduction to portfolio diversification.

PROS

• Direct delivery and home storage
  • Buyback services available
  • United States Mint listed dealer

CONS

• Online purchase not available

Top Advantage Gold Reviews

10/25/2018

I’m so glad I picked advantage gold to roll over my 401K into precious metals. Overall I feel confident I made a good choice converting my 401K into precious metals and happy how Advantage Gold treated me throughout the process.

06/28/2019

Extremely satisfied with advice and information provided by Michael in making my first effort into the precious metal arena.He was very attentive to answering my questions in the matter and I couldn't be happier.

About Advantage Gold

Specializing in gold and silver, Advantage Gold is a precious metal investment firm that has helped thousands of consumers plan their retirement and protect their wealth. The company offers extensive education services, several bullion-storage options and a buyback program for those who wish to liquidate their metals. For consumers that invest more than $50,000 with the company, Advantage Gold waives all fees for the first year.

Advantage Gold products and services

The financial team at Advantage Gold provide customers with comprehensive information and transparent pricing on all coins and precious metals IRA accounts. The company wants consumers to make educated, informed decisions about their retirement options.

Advantage Gold offers a variety of investor education materials, including free videos, workshops, webinars, retirement protection resources and market charts that are updated in real-time.

Advantage Gold sells and trades popular gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and has a buyback program for those who wish to liquidate their metals. The company has a generous refund policy and pay fair market value for returns.

Additionally, the company offers self-directed IRA accounts backed by the IRS, which are approved for gold coins, bullion and bars. Advantage Gold believes precious metals are a sound diversification strategy for most retirement portfolios and have a dedicated staff committed to helping consumers rollover their 401k or IRA accounts to include physical precious metals. Precious metals IRA accounts reduce overall portfolio volatility and create a hedge against an economic downturn, according to Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold pricing and storage fees

Unlike some precious metals firms, Advantage Gold takes pride in their transparent pricing and publishes its rates for the following services:

Initial set-up fees$50
Annual administrative fees$125
Annual storage fees$125

Advantage Gold partners with STRATA Trust Company as its preferred custodian and with Delaware Depository or Brink’s Global Services as its preferred depository.

Advantage Gold for first-time investors

Assisting new clients is a major strength for Advantage Gold and its financial team. With the company’s First Time Gold Investor Program, experienced account representatives walk consumers through the entire process of investing in physical precious metals, outlining the benefits of investing in gold and guiding customers step-by-step through an IRA account rollover. For consumers funding their account with $25,000 or more and ordering their first delivery, Advantage Gold offers fully-insured free shipping in just 2-3 business days.

Do we recommend Advantage Gold?

For first-time precious metal investors, Advantage Gold is an excellent choice. In just 5 years the company has grown 53% and is an Inc. 5000-rated company. Advantage Gold has a lot of advantages and benefits for novices — especially those who want to invest $50,000 or more. We recommend Advantage Gold for their commitment to investor education, transparent pricing and ability to assist thousands of customers.

295 Advantage Gold Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I retired a few years ago and started living primarily off my IRAs. I had a financial advisor who helped me establish what I thought was a good investment strategy. Over time I lost my confidence in how the strategy was working and decided to manage my own investments. One of the issues involved bonds. It seemed like bonds lost money, just like stocks, when the market made a major adjustment… and they took longer to come back. I didn’t understand how they were providing me protection.

I responded to an ad by Advantage Gold. Finis ** contacted me and has worked with me since. He set me up with the ‘Gold is a Better Way’ book and Investment Guide. He prompted me to get involved with the Advantage Gold Website, Webinars and Platform. I am very impressed with Adam **. He seems to have answers for some of the holes in my investment plan. I decided to invest in some physical gold. Finis was a great help to me. He was patient with me as I learned the process. I will be digging deeper into the concepts I am learning. I will recommend Advantage Gold (and Finis) to my confidants.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I want to share with everyone who might be considering buying Gold or any other metals as a safe investment thru Advantage Gold. I have found new friends there who really make you feel at home and give you the guidance while your making this plan. I found the experts at Advantage. I personally spoke with Kirill, who is very patient and who educated me about the various choices he had for me. I really felt he cared about my investment and made it very easy for me.

Once I chose the metals I wanted, the next step was truly easy for me to set up. I placed some of the metals in my IRA account so the metals were sent to a special vault and are available when I need it. I also got some sent to my house and they arrived very quickly. Kirill also sent me a special gift and a book written by the President of the company, which I enjoyed very much! I have had a wonderful relationship with the knowledgeable and friendly people over at Advantage and will continue to call whenever I need their services. Truly a great company to deal with!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I was reading an article online and they had some materials where I could put my information. Advantage Gold was the one that responded and they readily sent me the additional information that I needed. Then, they gave me a callback and wanted to know why I wanted to go with the gold. I and my husband had two different reasons but they gave us time to consider what we wanted to do. There was no rush to purchase so we considered it and we felt like that was the company to be with.

I was fortunate enough to work with an executive who was also the co-founder and it was a smooth transaction. It was a full disclosure of information where he sent the material, explained it to me and I figured out what metals I wanted. It was fair and with no pressure. I would not advise anyone to purchase gold if it's not their decision to make. One has to do any decision personally and that's not what Advantage Gold is there for. They're just there to tell us whatever we want and direct where we need to be with what we're doing.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Cora! We make sure that every client understands every aspect of a precious metals purchase before any transaction and were happy to accommodate your timeline.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I researched the movement of part of my 401k into precious metal for over a year. There were a few companies out there worth looking at, but Advantage Gold had a few things going for them, but one of the items that helped me pick them was that they are able to purchase and sell metals directly to you as well as arrange for the storage of the metals. This means that I don't go through a middleman to purchase my Silver and Gold. That is what got me talking to them. Once you talk with Travis or Scott, by the end of the conversation you have you know that they know their business very well, and more important, that they are looking out for your best interest.

Everyone that I have spoken with are very professional in manner, they call you back when they say they will, they have followed through every aspect of the transactions, from helping me move my money out of my 401k and into self managing IRA, to sitting with me asking me questions to understand my goals, to investing their time to ensure I have the best portfolio that meets my goals. I highly recommend this company, they may be others out there, but you won't find any as professional and understanding of your goals as Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Ronald! We are proud to have impressed with you every aspect of our customer service and to have been mindful of your goals throughout the process.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I’m so glad I picked advantage gold to roll over my 401K into precious metals. Micheal ** was very instrumental in giving me information on why silver and gold will preserve my wealth better than paper assets. I really appreciated the efforts he made to explain where I was in qualifying for a rollover and how to proceed. And they were very patient when I decided to wait a few months to actually do the rollover. Once I committed to the transaction Micheal and his staff were very kind and efficient in getting the combinations of gold and silver that was right for me. Once the metals were bought I was again impressed on the price that I received from them and their follow up on my purchases are also a nice touch. Overall I feel confident I made a good choice converting my 401K into precious metals and happy how Advantage Gold treated me throughout the process.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for your review Lex! We are happy that we proved instrumental in helping with your decision-making for your retirement account

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Gold?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have had greatest experience dealing with Mark at Advantage Gold, I was laid off from my job, and I needed to liquidate my holdings to tide myself over, so I wouldn’t get behind on any of my financial obligations. Mark made it a breeze. Which was a huge help. He even called me on the weekend, which was hugely comforting! Thank you Mark, and Advantage Gold.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you for sharing your convenient experience!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

All I can say about Advantage Gold is WOW! I made two purchases with another company a few years ago. I didn't know I got taken for a ride. I only received about half my monies worth in coins. With Advantage Gold, I spoke with Michael ** many many times before I decided to buy more coins. He was very patient, he educated me on the product, and when I made my purchase, I was blown away! 99.9% of my money went towards my purchase.

Advantage Gold response

Glad to hear it! We strive to distinguish ourselves from other companies with our education.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I had great experience with Advantage Gold company. Travis helped me a lot in explaining everything and I felt safe with transaction. Their website has a lot of information about gold and silver. Will come back again and again to buy more.

Advantage Gold response

Thank you. We are glad you had a comfortable experience!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Steve was very personable and very knowledgeable. He helped me understand gold and what the advantages are. It was a pleasure speaking with him and I have recommended him to my friends and family. I plan on pursuing my interest in gold with his help.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Mark ** was a superior guide through the process - he helped me navigate a process I was not familiar with. He went above and beyond with intelligence, knowledge, skill and above all patience. I would highly recommend Mark ** to my friends in planning for their financial futures as well. Thank you again!

Advantage Gold Company Information