1.00/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

AccountNow Prepaid Card

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

284 AccountNow Prepaid Card Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

On October 7th, I went to the grocery store to purchase items with my prepaid debit card. Only to find my card declined. Upon calling the card company, I found out that my account had been disabled and I was unable to get access to my funds. I spent nearly two hours on the phone, only to get told that my account has been closed for use and my balance on the card would be sent to me via check and I could not use my account nor access my remaining funds. I have not received my balance to date and no one can give me any answers on it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

This is awful. I stopped a check that was sent out through the AccountNow bill pay system and they are not putting the money back in my account. Getting the runaround when I call and they frustrate you so much you don't want to call back and they could care less about their customers. I heard them laughing on the other end like this was some kind of a joke that they have my money and there is nothing I can do. This is fraud and the company needs to be shut down.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

About a month ago I reported my Account Now prepaid Visa card lost. At that time my card had $ 118.60 on it. I have tried to call this # 1 877 762 2308 to no end and can never get anyone to answer. It has been one month now and I still do not have my replacement card nor has anyone from this company tried to contact me. To anyone thinking about using this company DON'T DO IT. I have no course left but to sue.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I guess I should have read the reviews before choosing this company, shame on me. I feel it's my duty to share my experience to hopefully save someone else from this "company." I just started using this card and have only made a few purchases one being gas in which I paid at the pump considering I have small children I would rather not Rangel into a gas station. I pumped my fuel last night in preparation for hurricane Nate heading directly toward the area I live. I went to the store today to get my youngest diapers, boxed milk, and non perishable food for my family. I'm sure we will be out of power when the storm hits and how long I'm unsure. Well my card with the only money I have was declined. There was absolutely no way possible! After a long wait on the phone I finally get a representative (that barely spoke English). I was informed it was my fault. They actually put a hold on my account since I paid at the pump.

I was advised I could have avoided this by going inside. I had plenty of funds to cover my transaction so basically they are holding money they have no right to hold. I tried to explain this to them, tried to explain the governor has issued a state of emergency due to a hurricane coming right at us, and they are keeping the only money I have to buy my child diapers and food. They continue to explain it will be available in a few days. We don't have a few days. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and was left on hold 45 minutes. I assume they had hoped I would hang up, which I finally did but called right back.

Finally got another person on the line. She went over the same thing and said that there is nothing they can do to remove the hold until my small purchase clears. I lost it and began sobbing on the phone because they are keeping my money that I worked for, leaving me with not a dime to my name, during a natural disaster, and aren't even willing to try and see if there is anything that can be done to help. I'm crying and begging to be transferred and the rep hung up on me. So now I'm waiting for the storm, my child needs diapers, milk, and we all need food while they keep my money. As soon as it is returned I'm canceling this card and pray nothing happens like this to anyone else. Not only are they crooks, have horrible customer service, they have zero compassion.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My card was used unauthorized 9/12/17 for the amount of 937.01. I filed a dispute immediately. Also filed a police report. They denied the disputed and now I have sent 2 letters to get it reopened. When I call no one can answer any questions, simply say write another letter. I have spoken to managers same response. No one has a way to tell me if letters are received. No one has any information on my dispute at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AccountNow Prepaid Card?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I just want to say that AccountNow they lie about you can get pay up to 2 day. Well I am still waiting and then they take 10 dollar off your card so the week of 18 of September is my last payroll. I change it real quick. They need to get their ** together.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I called AccountNow and described that I want to pay my bills after getting released from hospital and it was negative.50 cents. They told me to upload my info from their site, I did so. I asked them if they wanted proof I was unable to use my card. They said no, I said, “Well you will be able to tell at the ATM it’s not me.” I sent them pictures of my I.D. even though they did not request it. This was all on the 4th of September. On the 11th I call to get some well overdue information because I still have had no money. It’s been 7 days. They tell me I will get a letter in another 6 days that I can dispute my claim has been unfounded and closed. Again I said, “Well what about ATM shots? He said they don't do all that.

So I'm supposed to write a dispute letter on my dispute findings, and that letter has to be sent to them after I receive my letter of absolutely no findings of fraudulent charges. Mind you they are saying that without ATM pics, without absolutely any evidence that I know would speak for itself but they don't go that far. Well I'm disabled and that money is every dime I had to pay my bills so I'm getting my electricity shut off, my phone disconnected and my car insurance called and he told me there was nothing he could do as a manager and he would not even give me his badge number. I'm taking this case to the absolute top because I have an attorney working on a lawsuit because after a small investigation he found an estranged person at the ATMs in question using my card.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I have been with AccountNow for over 10 years, up until the last year I have had no problems with them. 5 years ago, I became disabled. I had decided I wasn't going to use them for direct deposit for my disability so I opened a bank account. (It not that I never couldn't open a "real" bank account. I just chose not to) I moved from the town I lived in about four years ago. At that time I had to close my bank account and was using AccountNow for direct deposit. Several years ago, I opened a bank account after divorcing my ex-husband but decided that half of my Social Security would still be deposited into my AccountNow account.

Last year, I change my name, my full legal name. I contacted AccountNow so I could get cards in my new legal name. They sent me out new cards and then closed them immediately with my money on them. They then asked for proof of identity which I sent them a copy of my driver’s license and Social Security card and court documents with legal name change. They never contacted me back but after several days I contacted them they stated I needed to also send pictures of the cards they had sent me so I did along with copies of my driver’s license and Social Security card again. They sent me out to new cards immediately. One of the cards had my old name on it. At this point I was so frustrated because I have been playing games with them, that I wasn't going to contact them again and go through the same hoops I had already jumped through. I just left it as is.

Several months ago, I left one of my cards. The one with my direct deposit was put onto at my grandma’s 300 miles away. Now keep in mind that when Green Dot purchased AccountNow I called to see if there was going to be any major changes, I was concerned. They assured me everything would be the same. I would have no problems and I would be guaranteed the same great customer service as if it was ever that great after that experience I went through with changing my name. Since leaving my card at my grandma’s, I would just transfer my money from one AccountNow card to the next every month not even thinking about it.

This month when I tried to transfer money it wouldn't let me. I called. I asked what was going on, they said the system was down. I asked when it would be back up, they responded they didn't know and I thought, “Well I only need a little bit of cash, I will just wire some to my son through MoneyGram.” I called them because MoneyGram wouldn't work, they told me to go through disputes at AccountNow.com and send them verification of my driver’s license and Social Security card which I did. The next day I called because still I couldn't transfer money and I couldn't wire money. I was told those were no longer options with AccountNow, neither MoneyGram or transferring money from one card to another. I told them I didn't have access to my money. I then said, “Forget it, send me a new card. I want to expedited, I will pay the fee my card to arrive several days later because I paid $25 for expedited service."

When I went to activate my card, it had been closed. I called them, I was told because I had a card that was in another name which was my old name on the card they sent me after I had attempted to change my name on both of my cards but didn't want to jump through hoops again so I left it alone, that they closed the card because there is two different names associated with my Social Security number. They told me to send in verification of my identity. I told them I had already done this over a year ago when I changed my name (and had proof I had done this and that it was their screw up in the first place because they sent a card in my old name.

They told me to send the documentation in anyway so I did. I called several days later, they then asked for verification of my address. I sent a copy of my driver’s license, Social Security card, a utility bill and a picture of the front of the card they had just sent me. I told them how would I have the card if I didn't live here, furthermore my address is on my driver’s license but I sent everything to them again. It has been two weeks, they refused to refund the expedited service charge They told me today that it takes 72 hours from the day that I submit verification of my identity and all other verification that they could get the hold lifted, never mind it's saying my card is closed.

I told them it has been over 72 hours and I would asked to speak to a supervisor. I also told them that I would be contacting the federal government as they were holding money that the federal government gave me and I have done everything that they've asked even though it has put me in a very bad situation due to my disability, that they are asking too much of me when I've already given them what they've asked for. They told me they would contact me as soon as my card would be able to be used.

Now keep in mind twice this week it's said my restriction has been lifted via the automated service. They told me that was a fluke in the system and that they were working on fixing it. I am very disgusted there is no one to answer my questions ever. I will be contacting the ADA, my doctor will be writing a letter. I told them they will be responsible for all overdraft fees because I have bills that come out of my actual bank account every month and them withholding money has caused overdraft fees in my normal bank account. They seem quite concerned about this and told me that they would contact me on Monday morning. Originally they said within an hour then they said within a business day so it would be Monday.

In the meantime I have credit card bills due and am accumulating overdraft fees. It seems to me that all this is happened since Green Dot purchased this company. I told them I would be closing my accounts as soon as I receive my funds. I also told them if they can’t give them to me by Monday that I would contact the federal government, that the federal government would rescind all the funds and would be replaced to me in my own bank account. There is a bunch of arbitrary agreements set forth with AccountNow as with any company, it states you cannot sue them but the fact is they are going against American disabilities act and federal money.

This isn't over. Although before this, I've had to contact them only once about funds that were taken off my card that were not mine and they replace the money immediately. I believe that's when it was still own directly by Metabank. There is no email to contact anyone. It's all a joke if you need to use a prepaid account due to the fact that you can't have a bank account. Do not go with AccountNow. Years ago I would've said, “Yes, they are the way to go. They are the best one out there.” But considering I have been paying them $10 a month times 2 because I have a Visa and MasterCard for 10 years and have done everything they asked yet they have put me in hardship and don't care and have no one to speak to directly in their review department for documents.

Don't go with them. Look up every other company you can because they will make you jump through hoop after hoop after hoop no matter what the hardship. They don't contact you if they need more information. If you don't contact them you'll never know and it's a bunch of people who don't speak English well enough to understand so they shouldn't be doing call center customer service. I'm pretty sure they don't even live in the United States, just another company being ran by a bunch idiots who don't have any answers except for scripted ones. The supervisor I spoke to didn't even want to give me his full name and rep ID number. I cannot believe this company still in business especially after reading all these reviews. And overall, they all seem to state the same thing.

Green dot is a joke. Everything has changed since they took over. If you can get a bank account, open a bank account. If you can't, find another company but not AccountNow. So beyond upset I'm sick and may end up in the hospital. Will they pay my copay for a hospital visit, nope, not unless I sue them which may end up being the case. Seriously, sending me a card I paid 25$ to receive in 2 days and charging me for a new card!! 35$ and the card is closed when it gets here, really??!! What a joke. What happened to humanity and caring about people. Oh wait, it's 2017 and they have jobs and can work while I have a bachelors and used to make close to 200,000$ a year. Now I'm a nobody because I'm disabled and they want to play games with my limited income my kids depend on!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Ok, so I called a few months ago about my account, these people are ridiculous, they take you through so many changes about your money. They lock you out of your account and then say "Send info via email." Try and send. Always say invalid address then you fax it and they swear they never got it! These people are like tape recorder. I hate I got involved with them. I wish I would've read the reviews first. I really don't like these people at all. I will never ever recommend them to anyone!!! EVER!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I had just started services with AccountNow and have yet to receive my card. I setup my direct deposit and have my full check in the acct and cannot access my money. I waited the allowed time frame and still have no card. They have the audacity to charge me 25.00 to get another card shipped. This is a BS company. I highly recommend NOT to use.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I also was a victim of this company as of May 1st 2017. My unemployment checks were deposited here. Silly me. After 2 deposits went to Krogers to draw money to pay rent. Checked online account while waiting in customer service line only to see that someone withdrew money from an atm clear across town. Now I checked my balance before going to Krogers which is about 3 min away from my home. All was there. Contacted them. The people who accessed my funds from an atm how is that possible when I had the only card and my pin no one knows? Files the dispute only to be told the same as one of the previous complainants that no error was found but under the F.D.I. C rules and regulations promises to protect my money. I also had to make arrangements with leading office and borrow money from family members to accommodate. Also contacted Green Dot bank which couldn't help.

This company is a ripoff not to mention one of the reps told me yes they close cards. Asked the dispute team yeah right did they view cameras where this so called atm withdrawal and clearly I can't be in 2 places at one time. He told me they don't do all that. Well please tell me how you came up with the conclusion that it was no error found. Asked to provide me with what steps we're taking in this so called investigation and still today August 31st no documents have been received. My 500.00 dollars either!!! Netspend is much better and reliable. (Inside job definitely.)

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I had an AccountNow account. Customer services stated that they were notified that my card could have been compromised. So instead of them calling and checking with me to see if everything was ok, they then processed to cancel the card that I'm currently using where my direct deposit into and then sends the new card to an old address that I updated 2 years earlier and told me there is nothing they can do. I would have to pay $25 to get a new card within 3-5 days or I would have to wait for it to come in the mail. Nobody could answer where or how my card was compromised, they just cancel the card. I would never recommend this company to anyone. How the hell you hold my money? On some we got a notification that the card could be not for certain but could be compromised.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I wanted to put some $$ from one account to my other account that my son had access to so he could eat. He had no money to get any food at all!!! He is a truck driver and his last paycheck was screwed up... THEY WILL NOT LET YOU MOVE $$ BETWEEN YOUR OWN ACCOUNTS AT ALL. I have been with them for over 6 years but will leave them as soon as my SSDI goes on a different account. Do not use them at all. Also when I asked I was told their customer service was in India, Now corporate is telling me they are not in India... someone is not telling me the truth but then I am not surprised with account now. Never use them again!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Where is my money. I have done everything that they asked and 3 months later still no money and it's my kids' school money. This is so sad. School started Thursday and I still wasn't able to see no money. I really do hate that my co workers told me about this Account Now. They lie and lie and lie. I just want my money. They never have to worry about me or my kids or my co workers. I tell everybody account now is bad. Go to your own bank. They just wait to take your money.

I am so sick with them. All five kids and they still can sleep knowing that lights and food, shoes, gas that they have took from people. Please leave account now alone. Take it out your mailbox. Nothing good comes out of you. Not having the money for your kids' school due to them taken it or going to the store and spend 225 on food and you can't use your card to pay for the food and knowing you have over 500.00 on the card. So sad. I WANT MY MONEY account now.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

This is the worst company that I have ever done business with. I am 55 years old and have never been so angry with a company. 72 hours to release the hold on my card, I was told. I knew something wasn't right when I submitted my legal documents, but what choice did I have. The customer service is lousy and contains no answers. I accidentally called NetSpend and couldn't believe that I finally got a real professional person. Turned out to be the wrong company. Showed me that Account Now is the worst company ever. Still no update, or answers on the release of my card, no corporate number to call, nor no access to my $1,000. That they are collecting interest from. DO NOT GET OR USE THIS COMPANY'S CARD. PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

To make a long story short, I accidentally blocked one of my cards. I didn't know that would shut down my checking account as well. When I tried to speak with a rep, I was told that they couldn't reverse what an automated system did. What??? They can however, let me withdraw money from an ATM on some "one time only." B.s. That does not make any sense. To make matters worse, my direct deposit got rejected and sent back to my employer. Straight bull.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I made the mistake of loading $160.00 the first time using this card, it deducted 9.95 for its service fee and showed a balance of $140.00. Now I may not be a math genius but I'm pretty sure I was missing an additional $10.00. Now it may just be $10 but that's besides the point. When I called the customer service numbers there are absolutely no options to speak to an actual person. Their website just gives you a list of 3 P.O. boxes to write to, I did some digging and found out they were owned by Green Dot Inc. Great! I thought so I called them. They were unable to help me. The operator didn't even know how and told me to call back in 30 minutes. Long story short I was never able to speak to anyone about what happened and find out why this is a brand new card, there were no pending payments and even the transaction history shows my account going from 160 to 140 with only one transaction of 9.95 so it doesn't make any sense.

I am canceling my account as soon as I get the rest of the money out. I have not had any issues with Green Dot in the past and they do have customer service but this Account Now is very unsafe. There is no one to help you at all. They have multiple numbers but all automated. I tried everything. I pressed every button. There's nothing. So DO NOT use this card, I got it after I saw a web ad with Samuel L. Jackson. Haha. Ya never buy into something because of a celebrity. Do your homework.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

This is by far the worst ** card company on the face of the planet. I've had this card for over 3 years and have never had any problems or issues until now. I can't access my money. I can't change my pin number. I can't use my card and calling this sorry ** company is like asking a puppy not to piss on your floor. All I keep getting is a stupid ** automated system that does absolutely nothing for me. I'm definitely going to a regular bank or a different company.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

My social security is deposited into their online bank. They locked my account because of failed attempts to access my account. It was me trying to get into my online account. I never carry my card. I am working out of town. They shut my account down because I wired myself emergency funds via MoneyGram. I have proven my identity. Via security questions multiple times. Faxed documents with acknowledgment receipts and they claim to never get them.

They are an overseas boiler room operation that you can't get a manager to take a call. They have my money locked up and never once tried to notify me of suspicious activity. I reported both of my cards lost. Expedited replacement was futile. They still won't unlock my account. It takes two months to get social security changed. I'm livid, have no prevailing legal authority to complain and feel like they are my enemy rather than a bank earning trust and respect. I intend to find an attorney to file a lawsuit.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

It takes more than 1 hour to get to a live person and then it is absolutely terrible customer service. I had an unauthorized ATM withdrawal in another state over 500 miles away. I notified them immediately and they will not give me my money back. No letter just customer service telling me No error found. No information about the investigation. Because there was none.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I have had an account for only 2 months. I have 2 checks deposited from social security. That is all I have to live on. They have held my money for over a week and I can't get a dime off of it. They claimed I would be receiving a new but haven't gotten it yet. What I have left is all the money I have to live on. I can't get a penny of it now. Still haven't gotten not a penny to buy my medicine or groceries for any thing.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I have been with AccountNow for quite a while now. I have not had many major issues, but the minor issue that I do have are hard to get resolved in a timely manner. My account was hacked and I called in to the customer service number, the same day. Informed them of the hack and they shut down my account and reissued me a new card. This all happened on 8/3. Here we are on 8/9 and I still do not have my card or my money back on my account. I have no way of getting my money out.

Luckily, I called in yesterday to check on my dispute, I was informed that the dispute had not been filed yet. I asked, how is that when I called and spoke with someone on 8/3, they shut down my card and everything. Needless to say, that person did not file my dispute. So I had to go through the whole process all over again, even though I faxed my documents to the fax number on 8/7, they do not consider them to be uploaded until you actually use the upload method. Which is stupid, because why would you have the fax as an option, if you don't accept them or it takes longer that way. I uploaded my documents and was told that my dispute is not in progress. That is it. I have had it with this "bank". I'm going to start back using my traditional bank account where I am actually able to go into a branch and speak with a person face to face in case something like this happens.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

AccountNow can someone help? I deposit $20 dollars into my account yesterday through MoneyGram. I haven't receive it yet but when I log into my AccountNow account it said $20 was credit. Can someone tell me? How do work? I haven't got my money on my card yet. My account says $5.05 in my account but my $20 dollars will I get it tomorrow??

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

This is the first and the last time I will be using these people. Yes I should have read the reviews on these people first but I figured because they were from MetaBank just like Netspend everything would be fine. BOY WAS I WRONG. I had my tax refund put on my card mind you. I fought with the IRS to get my tax refund amended because everything was put in wrong. So it took me since Feb. to now to finally get things straightened out with the IRS.

It is now August. I finally got my refund on the 26th of July. It is now August the 3rd. These no English speaking P.O.S put a hold on my money saying they need to verify my identity. Really. You know the IRS sent this money. You really think that they would not already have verified that I am really me before they sent me my money. But ok so I sent them the documents. They said 72 hours. Well it's been 72 hours. WHY DO YOU STILL HAVE A HOLD ON MY MONEY. I am a single parent of three toddlers with virtually no money right now because y'all won't release it.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I've been using AccountNow since about 2009. I've had a few problems and account now always caught it, and shut down my card, and then sent me a new one. Ironically, since I relocated from Chicago to Indianapolis. This new one started on 7/19/17. A request by mail from "National Bank" for 1290.95 cents was permitted to be removed from my account, and then a card to card transfer for 500 dollars. I immediately contacted account now, and they shut down my bank account. So now, I have no way of getting my money out of the account, then, I sent in all the dispute forms they asked for to try and get my money back and they've told me they can not do anything for 10 more business days.

They claim to be a FDIC, but they don't respect the FDIC laws. Also, my funds are protected by the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, and are supposed to be available to me within 3 days of the shutdown, but AccountNow is telling me I may never get that money back because the investigating party has received a dispute. Don't ever use this company! They are thieves! It's as if they have been bought out and are now selling people's information. Also, how about a customer service center where people don't have Indian/Pakistani dialects? Speaking to someone who is easy to understand would be nice.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I've been with them for 11 yrs now. They allowed someone to purchase something for $200 at Best buy in Boston, then when I went to pay for car repair they said it had declined and I know I had money on it. I just got paid and the only thing I paid for was some tires. When I called the rep told me "he had to shut my account down until 3 pm Monday because it was the weekend," so I had to leave my car in the shop until I get the money which never happened but I still had to pay storage space and didn't get all my money back.

Then AccountNow used to have a loan service where you could borrow money until payday and they stopped that. It was very helpful for people who was making ends meet, I have good card and they charge me $9.95 just to have the cars and it cost nothing no different than the regular card. When I ask to back to the old card he told me it didn't exist anymore so I'm stuck with it???

Original review: July 7, 2017

I was asked to fax my driver's license, social security card and bank card to a designated number. I was informed the next day that items were received and no further action was needed. I called customer service and they confirmed the recorded info was correct and it would take 24 to 72 hours to release account. 72 hours later still nothing so I call customer service and more documents required and another 72 hours. Funds are there but I cannot access account even though I have the card in my possession because card is not accessible. No one to speak to in main office because they don't accept calls.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I had this card for only a few months. They have froze my account twice due to many deposits. Wait what? Too many deposits? What the hell? I thought that's what these cards were for to upload money on them. Well according to them you can only make a very limited amount of deposits. Well I work for uber and I cash out every day at the end of my shift. They closed my account without even contacting me what kind of crap is that? I deposited my money and now my money is in limbo because of this dumb ** company. I had a bill to pay today now I can't do it. Don't use this company unless you want all kinds of stipulations on what you can do or not.

Original review: June 30, 2017

After having my wallet stolen, I contacted customer service. Instead of them cancelling my card and sending me another; my account was frozen and no access to my funds was available. This was due to the representative not being able to understand what I was saying (He mispronounced his own name!). When he was trying to enter my security questions into the system. I was then told I had to send in documents to prove my identity. Problem was my id was in my wallet along with my bank card, something I had already told the rep!

After speaking with a supervisor I was told they would review the call and coach the rep on what he should have done if anything. What!? After about using this company for 10 years now they want to verify my identity? I was also told this would take 24-72 hours. I sent in the documents and decided to call everyday until my funds were released. I call the following day only to be told that if I do not hear from them by 7/3, please call them back. What?! That is a lot longer than 3 days!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 29, 2017

AccountNow is a scam, they send you in circle of your own money, can't get no help with your account, and they rarely speak proper English. They have been holding my money over 30 days. Can't even access my account or retrieve my money off my card. It been blocked.

AccountNow Prepaid Card expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 2004, AccountNow is one of the most trusted brands in the alternative banking sphere. The company was a finalist in the category of Best Unbanked & Underserved Program at the 2007 and 2009 Prepaid Card Expos.

• High deposit maximum: Consumers may add up to $10,000 per day through direct deposit and $1,500 for cash loading. Third parties may have their own limits and additional fees.
    • Cash available quickly: Direct deposits and electronic payments are usually available the same business day. Additionally, cash deposits made through money transfer services are generally available immediately.
    • How to add cash: In addition to direct deposit, money transfer services can load cash such as MoneyGram®, WesternUnion®, Visa ReadyLink and more.
    • Low monthly service fee: The fee structure is clearly explained on the company website. ATM fees range from $1.00 to $2.50. Monthly charges range from no charge to $9.95. Transaction fees range from zero to $1.00 per transaction.
    • Direct deposit bonus: There is a $15 direct deposit bonus for setting up $500 auto-deposit and meeting other conditions.
    • Refer-a-Friend program: Consumers receive a $20 cash bonus for referring a friend, and the associate receives a $10 cash bonus as well.
    • Best for: It is a good alternative for those turned away from traditional banking due to banking issues. Also, it is helpful for consumers interested in depositing Social Security checks.
    Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg