AccountNow Prepaid Card

Compare Prepaid Debit Cards

Research top Prepaid Debit Cards recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Arnold of Arlington, TX on

Why the hell do credit card companies insist on sending and sending and continuously send consumers credit card offers in the mail? I've written letters to credit bureaus to opt-out, letters to the credit card people to opt-out and telling them I'm not interested. This has gotten out of hand in today's world, it can give anyone a freaking heart attack!

Antoinette of Kanapolis, IA on

HORRIBLE!! Without asking they sent me a gold card. I activated it and told the terms conditions over the phone. I had card 2 months never used it! Loaded it bc I didn't have my bank card or Netspend. $20 down the drain for 9.95 monthly fee for a card I never used. Customer service pz were negligent and not helpful all. I'm a college student and a mother and I like being ripped off. These guys are FRAUDS!

M. B. of Belton, SC on

I brought up the no surcharge ATM's around me the other day & proceeded to the closest one. It was supposed to be no surcharge, right sol. The ATM charged me $3 plus AccountNow charged me $2.50 for transaction. I called to see if I could get my $3 back since it was supposed to be no surcharge ATM. The guy, who I could hardly understand, told me that it was up to the store to charge the $3, little did he know I had already checked with the store & they told me that it was up to the card owner, which is AccountNow. Well anyway I didn't get my $3 back from anyone. They've changed the ATM's we're used to. I was only paying the $2.50 to AccountNow but now I'm paying a total of $5.50 for access to my own money. I don't think so.

When my checks are deposited I'm going to withdraw every penny from my AccountNow account & open a bank account where my daughter banks. There are no fees for using the banks ATM's or anything as long as I get my statement electronically, so it's truly a fee free bank account. I'm telling AccountNow bye-bye & so long now. They will never get any of my business again & anyone that will listen to me I will advise them NOT to open an AccountNow account, they will RIP you off!!!

Kimberly of Reno, NV on

No phone numbers work anymore to contact AccountNow! My card was declined after adding money today when I tried to pay an important bill. I try calling the Cust Serv number on the back of my card and after a long silence finally I get a message that says, "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again"! I look them up on-line and try calling literally every number I can find on-line to contact them and NONE OF THEM WORK! Help!

Sean of Elizabeth, NJ on

Account Now is one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. I needed them to transfer funds from a closed card to a card I have now. What did they do. They sent out a new card with my direct deposit. When you call they consistently give you repetitious talk and will not answer your question you asked. It took my military background to bark at a man for him to say, “Yes we goofed on our end.” They told me the day I called the card was shipped, but each day after, it was a different story. Because of these idiots ** my money I lost my housing and became homeless.

IT IS TIME FOR THIS ** TO STOP. AS OF NOW I AM PLACING A LAWSUIT AGAINST THE COMPANY. THIS IS MY EMAIL: **. Please, if you have had any type of trouble and wish to join the lawsuit, contact me with your name and email and I will pass it onto my lawyer. Because I lost my place I had to tell my mentally delayed brother, who is all I have and I was all he had, that I had to place him somewhere temporarily until I can find us housing. My brother became very upset and committed suicide. He was all the family I had left. Ladies and gentlemen, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. It is time for the consumer to strike a blow at Account Now and let them know that they cannot keep playing with our money and our lovely goods. Take a stand, take a stand, take a stand and let's sue this company and get the justice we, as consumers are deserving of. Thank you and God bless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AccountNow Prepaid Card?

Kimberly of Orlando, FL on

On May 1, 2017 my AccountNow card was compromised, I didn't realize it until I was in Walmart buying food for my kids. I get to the checkout and swipe my card only for it to decline. Knowing I had about $560.00 on my card. Needless to say I had to leave the store without my food. I proceeded to call the customer service number provided on my card and a woman which I could not understand told me to file an dispute. So I did.

One whole week went by and I called back only for another rep to tell me I had to download some documents to the website. I did as asked. So a couple days pass and I call again only to be told that my dispute was closed without any reasons to why. I proceeded to ask to speak with a supervisor which whom couldn't tell me anything either. So now my blood begins to boil. I ask for a manager for him as well to tell me that he didn't know why and that a letter will be sent to me. The letter never came. So I call back to customer service and ask for a corporate number to be told they can't provide me with that, and that I would have to schedule for them to contact me. This company is a FRAUD! PERIOD. I need help to find out how can I obtain my monies from this so called company. What do I do?!

Monique of Omaha, NE on

Went to a kiosk at the mall. Was gonna buy something. Changed my mind. The man canceled the transaction and gave me a receipt. This company still took my money $987 and made me fill out a dispute form and wait for like 15 days and it was 2 weeks before Christmas and I had adopted a family. I will never do business with them again!

Ann of Tallulah, LA on

AccountNow has deposited my brother's SSI check into an account and has it pending. When we call we never get a live agent to answer. We have contacted the Social Security office and has confirmed that his check was deposited on a certain date. After calling the number on the back of his card, to no avail have we spoken to a customer service LIVE PERSON as of today. This card service has been a disservice to us and my brother. We will be contacting an attorney to file charges with this company. We have five to six different prompts to choose from and none of them has given us a live person yet. Looking for a solution immediately.

John of Dana Point, CA on

I am on hold again - this will be the 8th person I have been transferred to. I used the bill pay service and this is the 4th check that has been lost in the mail. I get conflicting stories from each rep I have had to speak with. They say I have to wait 90 days and it's been about 80 days. So I have to put a stop payment and be charged $200.00 each lost check and then I should be refunded in 10 business days. WOW. That really makes sense. Account now is the biggest FRAUD. Beware and do not open an account. If you don't believe, read the thousands of other complaints. This company needs to be shut down!!!!

Sha'quaesia of Houston, TX on

April 23 I loaded my money on my card w/ green dot. Now on the 24th I tried to get money from the atm it gave me a code unauthorized user??? So now I'm sitting at a gas station with no cash and a new born needing to get home on the other side of town??? Called customer not so service... They tell me there is a block on my card due to suspicious transactions??? Yada yada send in ID ss and bills in my name.. I did and it said succefully uploaded and it will take 24 to 72hrs??? Now the 26 of April they tell me they received it but was blank now they want a fax... So I did now another 24-72... Asked for a supervisor serial time and the young lady kept repeating the same thing over and over sounding like a robot so I tell her again "Ma'am I'd like to speak to a supervisor." she hung up???

Frances of Sharon Hill, PA on

I had been with AccountNow for years. On February 12, 2017 my card was compromised. It was useless trying to contact anyone on Sunday so the next day I contacted AccountNow. It was more like pulling a hard boiled egg thru my nose. They were not helpful at all. After explaining to them that my paycheck was on this card and that someone on the west coast was using my card while I was trying to use my card in a store here on the east coast. They had me to download applications to send in. This was done like three times and I kept calling to check on the status.

Finally on week two I was told they could not find anything wrong so they canceled my dispute. So not only was I robbed by whoever on the west coast but now I am being robbed again by AccountNow. The remaining monies that was on my card they canceled that card and I can't touch it. Now a month later I am still trying to figure out what's going on. I am being told to again send in yet another application along with my drivers license and social security number. Also the customer service representative told me if I go into a store to purchase something with him online he will unlock my card so that I can use the money. Now this is very interesting because if he told me that then guess what? Those idiots may have told the thief the same thing to compromise my card. I will never do business with this company again.

Cieras of Garland, TX on

I usually get my direct deposit at 5 am the day before or day of I get paid by my employer... which is in a Thursday or Friday. It is now Sat. 1 1230 am CST... and I still didn't get my deposit from my employer which was sent on Wed. I wish that I could reach through the phone and slap these reps. I want to know where my money is? No one is going to pay my late fees on my bills. Don't use this card service. I sat on the phone for 2 hrs waiting on a rep. If I wanted a sup I got placed back on hold for I don't know how long then hung up on. I am canceling all of it.

JUDY of Fresno, CA on

I've had an account with them for about 10 years. And let me tell you if you have an issue it's going to be a pain in the ** to get the issue resolved. Long story short I called 2 months ahead of time before my ATM was going to expire, 1st card got sent back for some unknown reason, 2nd card I had them change my address to my UPS box and that got sent back because they failed to put in my box number, 3rd time calling to update once again to have them put in my box number and now waiting on it again! Not to mention now my current card is expired.

So after hanging up with the person who couldn't even speak English I tried to log online to make sure she got my correct address. I couldn't! Because they now RESTRICTED MY ONLINE ACCESS!!! This is super frustrating!! I have 2 deposits coming in within the week and I won't be able to access nothing all because these illiterate fools don't understand a lick of English! There is NO SUPERVISOR!! Just an FYI. Their call center isn't based in the US. Bunch of Filipinos, you're lucky if you could even understand them! I'm so done with them!!

P. of Sunflower, MS on

I have been with AccountNow since 2006 (but actively used the card since 2008 when I got my Tax Refund deposited on the card). When I tell you that I have had hardly ANY issues with this card until recently I am not lying. Other than card updates, I never contacted them for anything even though I know other people who have had issues with their cards. This is where things went downhill quickly. When I ended up getting my card "phished" (apparently someone used a scanner and took all the money off my card) I called to let them know what happened and they decided to send me another card. When I first talked to their Customer Service department (I'll get on them later on) the rep said that if they were able to get my money back I would be able to immediately get it back. Well they did indeed get my money back BUT I had to file a dispute for MY OWN MONEY which pushed things back another week.

The stupid postmaster here in my town here in Mississippi (Sunflower) sent my card back because it used a physical street address instead of a post office box so that's another 10 business days. Well I decided to order ANOTHER card and tried to do it online. Well if you don't have a CVC code you can't do it online (remember I never got my new card so I only have my old card that got compromised). Called their Customer Service and instead of the Customer Service rep saying that the questions she was asking me was my security questions, she implied that these were new questions for the new card so when I missed one of the questions it locked me out of my account AGAIN and I had to upload documents proving my address. Well after 3 days they FINALLY got around to verifying the documents but didn't contact me until AFTER they sent the new card so I couldn't get the card expedited.

They never called me during any of these instances despite asking for my number numerous saying they would contact me. Customer service for AccountNow is among the worst I've ever dealt with. I'm not against non-US citizens working at all but if it is ONE area where it is REQUIRED it is Customer Service where the customers primarily speak English. Even if someone with a country accent like myself from Mississippi were speaking with someone from NYC we would understand each other. When you have reps that are sticking to a script and barely grasping the language you can see why the reputation for their Customer Service is validated with how bad it is. Once I get my new card I am taking all my money out and making my secondary card the main card I use. I didn't know that Green Dot had purchased AccountNow which only will push me away from them even faster. It was a nice run but I can't deal with them anymore.

JoAnn of Bigelow, AR on

I had my tax refund deposited to this account on Mar 8th. They froze my account on Sun and I called Mon. They requested documents and I sent those. They told me the issue would be resolved within 24-72 hrs. As of 7 pm central time 72 hrs later they still haven't released the money. I may be able to help others... if you will file a complaint with the attorney general in your local state and the state of California also call Visa and file a complaint @www.bbb.org online. For the state of CA you probably get your money. My advice to anyone is never open a account with AccountNow, Green Dot or MetaBank. Also never use any card that's not FDIC backed.

Marinna of Ferndale, MI on

I had my money deposited on to my AccountNow card thru Green Dot & they placed a block on my card. Told me to send in verification documents which I did. I waited for three weeks before they told me they approved my documents but couldn't lift the block but they were going to mail me a check which would take an additional 2 weeks! VERY INCONVENIENT and INCONSIDERATE. They keep saying there is nobody I can talk to above them which sounds like a scam. I have my entire income tax just on the card that I can't touch! I will be contacting my lawyer. Something is not right.

Kara of Hermitage, TN on

My goodness where to start, I've had this card for right about 2 years, I've had nothing but problems since the beginning. Why did I stay so long? Well it's really important for me to get my money when I need it and the only thing this company did 85% of the time was allow my check to get deposited two days early but even sometimes that went wrong. I try to get people chances to prove they are worth me keeping their service and keep my life as simple as possible but after today I had enough. I can say every single time Ive had to call customer service they were 100% absolutely no help. They never offer to go above and beyond. They never offer to "see what they can do". They never offer to escalate the case. They never offer anything at all.

I've never had my money disappear but I have a young daughter and I'm very busy and distracted majority of the time so I have lost my card a couple times. So the times before I call of Course they can't help get my money off my account and the times I thought I lost my card and then found it they never would reactivate it. So again I lose my card today. I call automated system, say I want my card expedited and yes I'm willing to pay the stupid fee 25$ to have it expedited but still had to wait 30 minutes to talk to someone even though I verified through the system, got to a rep who tells me I chose to do standard mail. 10 business days.

Seriously? Now I know for a fact that I selected expedited. Nothing haven't offered to try and change it and didn't offer to get me another card. Nothing. Just sorry wait 10 business days. Immediately canceled my direct deposit from my job to this card. I cannot stress enough - please find another prepaid card. They charge monthly fees and won't help you at all. They limit your amount you can withdraw. My limit was 300 and my rent is 825. Ha yeah so if I need to pay that I have to withdraw the money a bit everyday! Just ridiculous. I'm so done with this company.

N. W. of Farmville, NC on

This is the worst company, they have blocked my fiancé card for some unknown reason stating he had excessive usage but we have been with them for two years and it's always something. Now they have basically took over $5000 and we have sent in all verification that they asked for but they always seem to come up with different things. I need to know is there anyone I can reach out to about this situation because we are in need of our money. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE OR THEIR PREPAID CARDS!

rozzy of Atlanta, GA on

I am a user of the AccountNow card when it was owned by Metabank. I had no issues over past 2 years. I recently find out that Green Dot has taken ownership. I am furious they have blocked several of my relatives' cards with their tax refund checks on them... I myself had a issue with them 3 years ago when I purchased a reloadable Green Dot card to send my granddaughter money for her junior dues of 200$... I purchase it at Walgreens. Once I arrived at work 20 minutes later my $200.00 was gone without a trace...

Long story short it took me 30 days to get my money after faxing verification, being accused of letting a family member have the pin #, also they said they never received my fax which I sent over and over again repeatedly 6 times... Finally I had enough and I threatened to call the news media and get them involved. They released my money immediately to my debit card I gave them but I had to go through pure hell. They are thieves at Green Dot. Do not use anything associated with these people unless you want somebody to rip you off. I will be closing my card. They don't have to cause I will gladly do it for them. Whatever happened to Metabank. These Green Dot folks sucks...

Markeita of Pasadena, TX on

I really should have read these reviews before I used this card (I'm really trying my hardest not to curse). I get my tax money on the card. I tried to buy some furniture. Swipe the card, didn't work. Went to atmosphere, didn't work. The only thing I could do was cash back. I had to do it a lot of times to get the right of money and because I did that they put a restriction on my account. Now I have to send in documents proving that I'm me. This is the most horrible card company ever. I wish there was a way to put them out of business. People shouldn't have to go through this for the own dam money.

susan of Madison, WI on

I'd found AccountNow in an online article about ways to transfer funds between people. I was looking for something like Google Wallet, but to be used with someone who does not have a bank account or other major bank debit card, in order to receive the money. This article claimed that Account Now is a way to transfer funds between people. My friend and I, between applying, waiting, setting up online account, activating card and finally finding out the truth, spent hours directly and more waiting time on this. We finally found out that the AccountNow card cannot be used to transfer funds between people. The company only wants to receive directly deposited paychecks, benefit checks, and tax refund checks, besides cash reloads at physical locations. If my friend and I had a joint account in another institution, we could transfer funds, but it would take days! I would like this card not to be misrepresented as a vehicle for transfers between people.

baka of Tracy, CA on

I've had AccountNow for a few years. It was really good. I got my deposits a few days early, my tax refund always came a week before the actual due date, and they showed pending deposits. Well, I had to replace my card and got a brand new card with a new account. It was issued by green dot bank. IT FREAKING SUCKS!!! Do not waste your time using AccountNow.

The card I had before was issued by MetaBank and let me tell you, I had absolutely ZERO problems then. If you want a good prepaid card switch over to NETSPEND. You pay $5 a month if you get direct deposit (which is hell of a lot better than $9.95). AccountNow customer service SUCKS. Good luck finding someone who doesn't speak broken English and doesn't understand what you're saying. They basically tell you some generic BS. I am warning you guys DO NOT LET THESE CROOKS HANDLE YOUR MONEY. NetSpend or use a regular bank. DO NOT USE ACCOUNTNOW. They are not the same as they used to be.

Kourtney of Houston, TX on

I had a hard time getting my money from the IRS and when I saw they deposit it and I thought they was go send me a paper check but something told me to call IRS, they told me that my money was on a card (my mother in law did my taxes) so I didn't see nothing of it. She give me numbers to call to see which card holder had my money. Finally found out. Im getting happy thinking "one more step till I have it." I called accountnow, they told me send over info stating I'm the person so I did with no problem. I BEEN SENDING THINGS OVER GOING ON 3 MONTHS NOW!!!

They tell me the same thing every time "your paper not in full sheet" (need to see all 4 corners) which it is. Or hey cant open the link!!! Wtf!! I just want my 3,000 and go about my day! So can someone help me with suing the ** or a number to call something about getting my money please. Please thank you. I call them everyday. They don't care about you. Thank you. Anything can help with getting my money would be good help. Idk why but something told me to look at the reviews NEVER AGAIN!!!

Inda of Griffin, GA on

After having a AccountNow account for the past 2 years and prior. My account was hacked by someone using the email address: **. All that changed within a 24 hour period after signing into my account yesterday. I tried to login and now my password didn't work. So I clicked on forgot my password and an unknown email address shows up. Come to find out that someone deposited two amounts and then transferred the money to another account.

I am very upset, because the representative said all my information has been compromised and that they were cancelling my card and that I would not be able to open another account. And the Indian customer service representative said "so sorry." Like no one was going to investigate the matter. Can someone tell me who I need to contact in order to report them and make a complaint. Unbelievable!!! I am so glad I did not have any money in my account. But so much was linked to that account. What else do I need to watch out for?

Noel of Antioch, CA on

I called customer service in regards to a company signing me up for an autoship program for a product without notification and couldn't find a way to contact them and wished to cancel the upcoming payment. Simple enough request. Somehow the representative took this to mean that my card had been compromised, despite me stating that it wasn't the case, and put a hold on my account. She then told me she couldn't undo it without me submitting proof of ID and residence to correct this.

I explained that due to severe health problems and hospitalizations that my information was incorrect and I hadn't updated it. I talked to two other people and they said they couldn't do anything other than me updating my information or start a process of returning my recent electronic disability deposit and sending it to me (or see if they will send to another account with a different company, of course) all because of their mistake and this is after being with them for several years.

Doug of Corydon, IN on

I put money on their card one time to pay my MetroPCS phone bill. So I go home and then they tell me to wait 24 hours. So I do. Then I pay my phone bill online. It comes back invalid card. So I wait for 30 mins and try online again. Still invalid card. So I call AccountNow. They tell me it's not them. They can see on my account. They tell me to call MetroPCS. So I drive 15 miles to a gas station. They run the card for 5 dollars. It won't go through. Remind you all online or show I have $30.05 in my account. I drive back home. Call AccountNow back. They can't even see where I tried at the gas station. And they can only see where I tried one time at my MetroPCS. So I call MetroPCS. Me and MetroPCS try 7 more times. Then the guy from MetroPCS 3-way called AccountNow. And we spent 1 and a half hours on the 3-way call. Remind you all all this time my phone is off. I have to narrow a home.

AccountNow tell MetroPCS it's their fault. They fight so much about it's not them. The guy from MetroPCS put me and AccountNow on hold so he could have his boss sit it. At the end of this MetroPCS turned my phone back on and have me 2 days to pay them. AccountNow tell me there is nothing wrong. You know $30.05 is not a lot of money but. MetroPCS fought AccountNow for 1 and a half hours for me. AccountNow said they can't see a problem so there is nothing I can do. I'm at this point I'm on fire mad at AccountNow.

I hope this helps someone stay away from AccountNow. If you want to give your money away please give it some that needs it. Not those crooks at AccountNow. Now I got money on this card I can not get back. I'm a hard working living paycheck to paycheck American. I got passed around to 6 people there at AccountNow. None of which could speak more than 4 words of English. I'm not racist at all people.

Ryan of Gustine, CA on

I received an AccountNow prepaid card in the main. I loaded it at one of the vendors that it had on the list they sent with the card. Now I cannot access my money because they have no proof of my identity. Every time I call I get a laundry list of things I need to do in order to verify. Why did they take my $800 with no proof, but now I can't access my money? I have been fighting this a year now and I am no closer to getting my money back.

Jeanine of Orlando, FL on

Please do NOT use this card. They are scam. I'm in the process of suing for $124.00 they owe me that they refuse to refund back to my account. On Dec 13th 2016 I arranged a bill payment for $124.00 for my auto loan I had. Did the bill pay option which is easier for me because I live in FL and my car loan is in PA. They claim I had put the wrong account number which was false. I confirmed the same account number with the bank which is the same account I been using for 2yrs now. I got a call from the bank on Christmas eve saying they never received my payment. Instantly I called AccountNow and they have been running me in circles since then.

I have been calling every 2-3 days since Dec 25, 2016 and they keep saying the same thing that they notified higher management and the funds will be redeposit into my account and they will be contacting me. I have heard nothing. Not only did they manage to give me a red flag on my credit for my car loan because it was drastically late, I had to pay it with car insurance money. Now my insurance was cancelled because they won't refund me back my money. You can't get nowhere with customer service and they a rip off and just a scam. Don't use them because now I have to waste more time and money to sue them to get my hard earned money back.

D. K. of Tacoma, WA on

On 13/19/16 I submitted a routing and checking account number provided to me by AccountNow to my payroll administrator to supply funds for a prepaid debit card I had used once by loading money. On 12/23/2016 my funds were disburse 900.00 going to the checking account number provided to me by AccountNow. Green Dot bank. My payroll administrator, Paylocity tracked to the bank and filed it as deposited. On 12/23/2016, I tried to check the balance and found that the cash was not there. After 5 calls to AccountNow, being looped through the prompting for 3 hours, I finally got to speak to a agent. I was informed that there was no record of the fund being deposited. After stating that my payroll administrator tracked and confirmed that the funds was in Green Dot bank. I was told there was nothing they could do until they got instructions from my administrator.

I asked to have the instruction outline and I would contact my payroll. They just said they needed instructions and would not say more. I explained that the account was Green Dot bank and there was no reason for my payroll to contact them. This agent just stated there was nothing she could do without instructions. When speaking with another agent, she stated they need confirmation from Green Dot. And the scam started to become apparent. I called Green Dot Bank. Not recognizing my SSI number, they would not talk to me. 15 hours later and a dozen calls, I realized my Christmas was not going to happen. Not sleeping for 2 days I went online and researched AccountNow, Green Dot and agencies to report to. Being Christmas everyone was closed. I filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Hisense emails to both Green Dot and AccountNow.

On Tuesday I was told by an AccountNow representative I should not have tried to contact Green Dot. Green Dot disavow any knowledge of AccountNow. Fast forward to Friday 12/30/2016. My funds were still not available and still have not been acknowledged. So being totally frustrated I asked to have my account closed and delete it. They argued with me and would not close it initially. After they told me it was closed I asked for a confirmation to be sent to my email. I was informed that they could not do that. Totally belligerent and frustrated at this time I asked to have it sent to my phone text message. She agreed to do so, but the message was "we are sorry. We cannot comply with your wishes at this time."

I log back in and discovered my account was still not closed or deleted. It was still open and active and the funds were still not on my debit card. As a matter of fact my debit card had accrued a negative balance because they had initiated a service charge. To my surprise a brand new AccountNow prepaid debit card showed up in the mail. Downloading recording apps and encrypted business file apps I've compiled comprehensive report on both AccountNow and Green Dot. Peeling back the layers came up with corporate Green Dot email corporate AccountNow concierge email. Green Dot respond immediately and gave me two numbers to contact AccountNow but earlier in the week they disavow any knowledge of them.

As of today January 1 2017 the issue is still not resolved. I still have not received my payroll from over a week ago and I've decided to filed with the Federal Trade Commission and any other agencies that make police this type of online Internet money laundering scams. The Better Business Bureau was quite interested when I file a report with him because they have been on record since 2006.

In summary it's never good 2/2 money taken or scam from you or your identity stolen but because of the sensitive time of the year it made the situation disastrous. I offer my past experience as a testimony to the sophisticated, erudite companies preying on millions of citizens, blatantly stealing their money. NetSpend, AccountNow, Green Dot and many others are symbiotic in the pursuit of exploration of a certain economic class - Maybe circumventing the regular banking system. As of 1/1/17 I have not discovered the whereabouts of my 900.00.

Danielle of La Puente, CA on

We had our tax refund deposited on this card in Feb. 2016. We have yet to receive it. They had asked for verification several times and we have forwarded this to them on 4 different occasions by two different processes. They are still holding the funds claiming they cannot identify my husband's identity. Now when we call, it doesn't even go through. It automatically disconnects the call. I'm urging anyone who reads this to please join with me in starting a class action suit. Not only have my husband and I been affected, but also our friends whom we recommended this card too.

Updated on 01/18/2017: I was contacted by them on here to resolve the issue. All they did was the exact same thing. They started the runaround about proving our identity. My husband says he isn't sending them any more personal information and they said we could ask the IRS to request the money back. Well the IRS won't do it because the original deposit amount isn't in the account. I'm going forward with legal repercussions. This has been going on for a year now. They are not trying to resolve anything. It's a waste of time. I urge you all to take legal repercussions on Top Class Actions. We need to join together, get our money back, and shut this scam of company down. They have gotten people for millions.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Founded in 2004, AccountNow is one of the most trusted brands in the alternative banking sphere. The company was a finalist in the category of Best Unbanked & Underserved Program at the 2007 and 2009 Prepaid Card Expos.

• High deposit maximum: Consumers may add up to $10,000 per day through direct deposit and $1,500 for cash loading. Third parties may have their own limits and additional fees.
  • Cash available quickly: Direct deposits and electronic payments are usually available the same business day. Additionally, cash deposits made through money transfer services are generally available immediately.
  • How to add cash: In addition to direct deposit, money transfer services can load cash such as MoneyGram®, WesternUnion®, Visa ReadyLink and more.
  • Low monthly service fee: The fee structure is clearly explained on the company website. ATM fees range from $1.00 to $2.50. Monthly charges range from no charge to $9.95. Transaction fees range from zero to $1.00 per transaction.
  • Direct deposit bonus: There is a $15 direct deposit bonus for setting up $500 auto-deposit and meeting other conditions.
  • Refer-a-Friend program: Consumers receive a $20 cash bonus for referring a friend, and the associate receives a $10 cash bonus as well.
  • Best for It is a good alternative for those turned away from traditional banking due to banking issues. Also, it is helpful for consumers interested in depositing Social Security checks.

Compare Prepaid Debit Cards