Find a Prepaid Cards partner

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

AccountNow Prepaid Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AccountNow Prepaid Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AccountNow Prepaid Card?

Original review: June 9, 2021

My debit card expired in March. Because I forgot to change my address, they've put a hold on my acct and will not send me a new debit card until I show who I am. I sent documents but they keep telling me that my records are in review and I'll hear something shortly. This has been going on for 2 months. Meanwhile, my stimulus and 2 mos of SSI are in my acct. I'm facing eviction cuz I have no money to pay for my living expenses.

Original review: March 31, 2021

They restricted my account for a refund from Western Union. I sent in a receipt proving they refunded me for a bill and they haven’t even reviewed it and it’s been 5 days. I have kids and bills to pay. This is terrible.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I have been a customer of account now for over 7 years. I will no longer use them. They hold my money for days even though it has been deposited in my account. I have to call them every time to put in a request to release my money. And after that I am told I have to wait another 24 to 72 hours for that release to take place. For 3 months I have been getting deposits from the same place and each time they hold my money. Customer Service is a joke. They do not answer any of your questions. They read from a script and can't give you answers to important question you ask when it pertains to my own MONEY!!! I am fed up and over them PERIOD!!

I will no longer stress them out with my daily calls to release my money and I will no longer stress myself out with their lack of professionalism and unwillingness to be able to answer important questions. They dealing with people's money, they need a whole REVAMP of the customer service and how they are doing things!!!! Lost a valuable customer!!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

These people are fraud. I haven't received my direct deposit payment yet they keep giving me the run around about when we have we will posted. Every person at job has got paid and has not paid me yet. They are very fraud. We need to report them.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I had asked for a replacement card but they needed my I.D. and a utility bill. That was not a problem at all. I sent the two forms of documents in and they said everything looked good. On Monday I get an email indicating that the utility bill was not current so I needed to send in both information again. I send it again with a new utility bill but keep in mind I don't have access to my funds because my card has been shut off. There was fraudulent detected with my card so I needed a replacement immediately. I had a long chat about how I think this bank was a joke and I needed my card in order to pay my bills. They send new card out without expediting it because I didn't ask them to do it. You would assume that they would send it out through expediting it but I guess I was in the wrong for that.

I call them and ask if they can expedite the card. They ask me security questions that I would for sure know the answers to. I somehow got them incorrect so now I have to send out information again so they can send another card. I can't believe they treat their customers this way especially because I have been with them for over a decade. I tried escalating the call to the supervisor only to have him tell me the same thing. I can't use my own card to pay bills. Now everything is going to have to wait.

Original review: June 7, 2020

They deposited my stimulus check in the account on April 15, 2020. I haven't used this account over a year. I called them on the 17th to be issued another card, they told me they sent a replacement one. I waited two weeks. I called again in 7 days, they told me I could not receive a new card because my account was closed, I asked if they could transfer my funds to my bank account, they said no they could only issue me a check through the mail. That was April 24th. 7-10 business days, I called back May 1st, they told me the check had been processed on April 29th, to wait 7-14 business days, I called back on may 14, they told me the check hadn't been sent out until may 8th... it's June 07th... still no check. Should I report them to the IRS? Or who can I report this company to? I've read very bad reviews about them. And I'd like to report them for an investigation. Someone if you have info. My email address is **.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I changed my address months ago to my new one to receive my new card. Never got a text alert or a new card. They sent it to my old address after giving them my Security questions. They told me I had one or more incorrect which I knew it was a lie because I have been with this place for three years and never had a problem. They wanted to charge me $25 for replacement card though it was at their expense.

I stayed on the phone for three hours. Spoke to four people and got nothing. They locked me out of my account. I had to send him information to verify that it’s me even though I’ve verified myself through the system. I had to send in information. They are very rude, unprofessional and smart at the mouth. I am miff. I had to curse three of them out because while I’m in the midst of I’m telling them the situation they kept cutting me off. I stayed on the phone for three hours with them. Even asked to speak to a manager and they sent me back to the prompter. I can’t wait to they verify me so I can pull my money out.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I have been using Account Now since 2011. Never have I had issues with getting my new card when expired. They mailed new one March 25th to my address. Never received card. Called. They say it was returned to them. Ok send out new one. Still same issue. They said I have to verify myself with ID and proof of address. Did this twice. Well again today was told to verify. Been on hold to speak to supervisor for 4 hrs then hung up on. Next I call back and my account its says $0 balance and there isn't even an account anymore. I will be calling again Monday as they are closed for weekend and they better issue my almost 3k. I haven't had any of my money since April 15th. Not a happy customer and that's only money I have and no other bank account.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I had two large deposits come to my account. One for myself and one for my mom (by accident). She isnt on my account, so they put my account on hold. (Which I understand) BUT instead of returning or rejecting her deposit, they closed my account completely/permanently. I have been a customer for almost 10 years. They did not take into consideration that this is my ONLY account, the almost $600 I had already on the card was pulled and they will issue me a check for the ENTIRE amount, including my moms in 7-10 days AFTER I show an ID verifying my identity and mailing address. 2 things.. what if this wasnt my moms deposit, but some random person? & they just sent it to me via check and didnt return it. Also, how can you tell it is really me by sending you a pic of my ID? Makes no sense. Horrible Horrible way to treat a customer you have had for almost 10 years. Did not listen to my situation AT ALL. DO NOT RECOMMEND. DO NOT BANK HERE.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I lost my wallet with my bank card and ID. I was told in order to get a replacement card. That I had to answer 3 security questions which were security questions that I set. I told that I got one of the security questions wrong, which was not true. I was told that I need to send a copy of my ID and a piece of mail with my address on it. Well I don't have my ID and can't get a replacement because my local office are closed due to the Coronavirus. These people are rude, very inconsiderate and cannot understand or speak proper English. My money is just sitting on my card. I'm going to contact my local news stations here for problem solving. I've asked to speak to a supervisor several times. The representatives just put my hold and no one ever comes on, after being on hold for 5 hours, the phone just hung up.

AccountNow Prepaid Card author review by Barbara Friedberg

AccountNow offers Visa and MasterCard prepaid cards that let customers add money through a variety of ways and also directly deposit their paychecks into their accounts. The company has 135,000 locations around the country.

• Prepaid cards: The company offers the Account Now Gold Visa Prepaid Card with unlimited cash back bank account by Green Dot Bank

• Pricing and fees: AccountNow prepaid cards require a $9.95 monthly fee. ATM fees range from $1.00 to $3.00. Purchase fees are up to $1.00 per transaction. Cash reload fees are up to $5.95

• Reload options: Load cash via direct deposit and money transfer services such as MoneyGram, WesternUnion and Visa ReadyLink. Cardholders may add up to $10,000 per day through direct deposit and $1,500 for cash loading. Direct deposits and electronic payments are usually available the same business day. Cash deposits made through money transfer services are generally available immediately.

• Rewards: Earn 3% cash back for online and in-app purchases. Cardholders also receive 3% APY for savings.

• Direct deposit bonus: There is a $15 direct deposit bonus for setting up $500 auto-deposit and meeting other conditions.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor