4.0/5 (137 ratings)

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

AccountNow Prepaid Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AccountNow Prepaid Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AccountNow Prepaid Card?

Original review: May 2, 2022

They locked my account and are giving me a hard time about unlocking it. They say use the portal. IT DOESNT WORK. HMMMM. Then they say they never got the fax. Just anything. They are so bad and now I’m behind on all my bills and everything and they just give you this sarcastic calm bull crap and never give you a manager. They just ignore your request and continue their conversation. I truly hate this company. Do not bank with them.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Accountnow's Customer service is breathtakingly bad. If something goes wrong, you are on your own. You buy something and have to sign for it? 1.00 fee. The monthly fee is 9.95. I was a customer for years but finally came to my senses and went with another company.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2021

They mailed me a new card 2 months before my card expired, I didn’t get it. So now I had to upload my ID and utility bill. Was told that it would be 3-5 days, being more than that. They tell you the same thing over and I’m not trying to hear that. It’s my vacation money that I work hard for all year long, and now I got to wait for my money like they giving it to me. They not giving me anything. My job gave me that, I’m so mad and frustrated right now. Besides that I open a cushion account and they are beating us out of our money anyways. DO NOT BANK WITH THEM.

Original review: July 28, 2021

July 8th the IRS release my income tax check and they put a block on my account 2 days later saying I have to identify myself. I have had this card 10 years now and never had this problem. I’m going through a very bad hardship and me and my kids are forced to house hop and beg for food. I have called everyone I could possibly call even made us a GoFundMe because this money was how we were going to move and live. My direct deposits have still been going there while locked and they are giving me a hard time. Customer service is all scripted and they can’t even answer your questions.

Today I will be call my local news stations letting them know how fraud this is. Right after that I will be filing legal documents because for this situation we won't be given any incentives. This is a joke to them and no one cares cause they aren’t the ones in the situation. It’s unfair when we provide all necessary information and still can’t access our funds. And no one there knows what’s going on.

Original review: July 14, 2021

My card expired on 6/21. I waited for a new card and when I didn't get one by the last week of the month I called. They said I had to answer three security questions that I had chose. I answered the questions. They told me I got one of them wrong and that I needed to send an identity verification to them in three different forms which I did. Then they told me it would be five business days for them to look at my identity and to send me out my replacement card. That was July 1st. Five business days later I called. They still haven't looked at my identity paperwork and they said they were going to put an expedite on my paperwork so that it would move faster and that would be 40 to 72 business hours which would have been yesterday.

I called today and they still haven't looked at my stuff. Instead they put another expedite on there. Meanwhile my paycheck started getting direct deposited. My child text monthly payment is getting deposited and I'm getting evicted. When I talk to them all they can seem to do is read off a piece of paper and tell me that they're sorry for my inconvenience.. I've called and canceled my direct deposit for my job.. I'm hoping It don't go on my card this week.

Original review: June 9, 2021

My debit card expired in March. Because I forgot to change my address, they've put a hold on my acct and will not send me a new debit card until I show who I am. I sent documents but they keep telling me that my records are in review and I'll hear something shortly. This has been going on for 2 months. Meanwhile, my stimulus and 2 mos of SSI are in my acct. I'm facing eviction cuz I have no money to pay for my living expenses.

Original review: March 31, 2021

They restricted my account for a refund from Western Union. I sent in a receipt proving they refunded me for a bill and they haven’t even reviewed it and it’s been 5 days. I have kids and bills to pay. This is terrible.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I have been a customer of account now for over 7 years. I will no longer use them. They hold my money for days even though it has been deposited in my account. I have to call them every time to put in a request to release my money. And after that I am told I have to wait another 24 to 72 hours for that release to take place. For 3 months I have been getting deposits from the same place and each time they hold my money. Customer Service is a joke. They do not answer any of your questions. They read from a script and can't give you answers to important question you ask when it pertains to my own MONEY!!! I am fed up and over them PERIOD!!

I will no longer stress them out with my daily calls to release my money and I will no longer stress myself out with their lack of professionalism and unwillingness to be able to answer important questions. They dealing with people's money, they need a whole REVAMP of the customer service and how they are doing things!!!! Lost a valuable customer!!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I have been using this card for years and never had a problem. Always got my direct deposit with no problem and my cash deposits went through immediately. Customer service is very helpful too. Love it!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

These people are fraud. I haven't received my direct deposit payment yet they keep giving me the run around about when we have we will posted. Every person at job has got paid and has not paid me yet. They are very fraud. We need to report them.

AccountNow Prepaid Card author review by Kathryn Parkman

AccountNow offers Visa and MasterCard prepaid cards that let customers add money through a variety of ways and also directly deposit their paychecks into their accounts. The company has 135,000 locations around the country.

• Prepaid cards: The company offers the Account Now Gold Visa Prepaid Card with unlimited cash back bank account by Green Dot Bank

• Pricing and fees: AccountNow prepaid cards require a $9.95 monthly fee. ATM fees range from $1.00 to $3.00. Purchase fees are up to $1.00 per transaction. Cash reload fees are up to $5.95

• Reload options: Load cash via direct deposit and money transfer services such as MoneyGram, WesternUnion and Visa ReadyLink. Cardholders may add up to $10,000 per day through direct deposit and $1,500 for cash loading. Direct deposits and electronic payments are usually available the same business day. Cash deposits made through money transfer services are generally available immediately.

• Rewards: Earn 3% cash back for online and in-app purchases. Cardholders also receive 3% APY for savings.

• Direct deposit bonus: There is a $15 direct deposit bonus for setting up $500 auto-deposit and meeting other conditions.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

AccountNow Prepaid Card Company Information