1.52/5
Based on 77 reviews that contain star ratings

81 Mingle2 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Mingle2 is just mainly a hookup and scam site. They don't allow you to leave the site. I had to use a Cancel wizard for ** sakes. I met one person there that was decent but there a lot of scammers there.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I met a guy on Mingle fly really likes. As it turns out he's an Arabic person in the United States illegally, wanted by the FBI. I spent the entire day being questioned by the police and the FBI today because I knew something wasn't right with this guy. And so I had some people I know, use his phone number and were able to penetrate his phone and they were able to download everything in his phone. I would highly warn you against getting involved with anyone that you might find here. This is a very dangerous way to meet people. It is my goal to have the United States government shut down sites such as Mingle2, the same way they did Backpage and Craig Street her excuse me Craigslist just recently. There is no place in our society for these kind of people to have this kind of access to us. Mingle2 does not care about any of us. All they care about is getting paid.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

When I tried to search for a match on Mingle2 I entered the ages and distance I wanted to search. After presenting a few potential matches that were within my search parameters it would increase the ages and distance far beyond what I was looking for. When I brought this to the attention of the administrators of the site they told me it was up to me to fix. Why should I have to fix something on Mingle2's website? I shouldn't have to do that and I told them so. They then attempted to fix but they didn't. Another complaint is that my profile has been viewed by a woman/scammer I had supposedly blocked 6 times! Another attempt at a scam is that my profile is viewed by women (?) who live miles away from me. It is quite obvious that they are scammers because their profile picture of a nude woman who is looking for sex. If they actually are the woman in the picture they would not need to go online to find a sex partner.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

TOTAL SCAM OPERATION, NOT EVEN A REAL SITE. I was blackmailed months ago by a creep trying to extort me for money after they convinced me to send them nudes and a video of me. They failed, I didn’t comply. By the way, they steal pics of people and pretend they're in the army or military. This one was a moron. When I first started talking to them, they had their profile listed that they lived in New Mexico and was in their 20's. When we started talking, I brought this up and then they said they were 33 and lived in Denver, Colorado (1st red flag I ignored cause I was vulnerable at the time), thought it was a possible mistake.

On top of that, their number (at least the area code) said they were located in Nevada. 3 inconsistencies right there! 1. Different age 2. False info on their profile 3. Number revealed actual location. They themselves actually slipped up on their actual location and gave me false promises on taking me to “Las Vegas”, and said other absurd things which indeed indicated they were familiar with Nevada.

I told them (at the time) I was 21 years old, and from the beginning I was skeptic then they tried to do reverse psychology and said I had trust issues. Then I told my family about this and they said not to speak to my family about them... That was another warning sign. They are experts at manipulation cause this creep got me sending nude pics and a video which a week after blocking them, they texted me from another number with a MICHIGAN area code, threatening to post them if I didn’t “follow their terms”. I held my ground and blocked that number along with the first one. I didn’t send them a red cent, since then- no more contact. Luckily I deleted my profile way before the threats came in so they literally had nothing on me but bluffing scare tactics.

This is really sad cause they are identity thieves too. They gave me a fake name which is not even theirs but an elderly woman's name cause I researched the name and it belongs to a woman in her 50's, located in Colorado and it is the only person with that specific name they gave me. This creep said they were a woman in her 30's, so I guess when I was persistent about proof of identity, they quickly stole a name they found and lied to me which I was smart enough to research and found it belongs to someone else.

I don’t know who I was talking to but that was not their name, they were not the woman in the multiple pics they sent me and I don’t even believe it was a woman to be honest. I'm not revealing the name they gave me for the real person's privacy and protection but it’s TERRIBLY sad. They use other people’s identities unbeknownst to them to commit crimes on the internet. I reported it to the internet crimes people and gave them all the info I could but I haven’t heard back from them since filing the report. I guess it’s not worth their time. I guess I’m REALLY lucky I got out of that one without losing a nickel. Never again will I be so foolish.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I have been on that dating site for 2 years and got nothing but scammers from other countries wanting money for the sick child they left in the United States. Claiming to be in the military. I’m like really? everyone hitting me up is overseas. I paid for the premium thinking maybe I will get better response, oh no not at all. It’s like these scammers own the site. It was horrible. My first time on a dating site has disappointed me, and made me skeptical about trying another one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mingle2?

Original review: July 19, 2018

I've been using Mingle2 for the past some months more than other months. In the 3 years I have had it, I have not met any girls from my city from the site. Most of my encounters have ended up being scammers or a girl (or guy who knows) trying to get my email address and or trying to get me to join another website (ie. webcam girls). Since I joined and would give me email, I have had nothing but spam in my email mailbox. This has been very frustrating. Not enjoyable at all, but I never seemed to totally give up, and to this day I am still using the site.

I have had maybe 3 real conversations with young ladies on the site. Didn't lead to anything but were refreshing. Out of the free online dating sites, I have narrowed myself down to just using Mingle2 and Tinder. If you have a lot of time on your hands look at different young ladies' profiles. Pass time easily, but as far as meeting someone special it has not been the case for me. I'd say to anyone try it out, but be careful what information you give out, and to create a new email just to use on Mingle2. For scammers and spam mail. Hope this was helpful.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Site features routinely malfunction. Mingle2 won't let me log in. A pop-up says my IP is blocked. The only reason I can come up with is I harass scammers on the site who post fake or obscene profiles and profile images. And, yeah, I do piss a few of them off sometimes. Great way to curtail their scam attempts by wasting as much of their time as possible.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Nothing but foreign scammers. They text and talk like foreigner. Trying to be military or NASA. Claim to be from California and asked what part of Cali they were from belong. I myself was born in Los Angeles. Every Californian know Cali is short for California and his reply was Watt not what but Watt. Of course light bulb. Second said he worked for NASA in San Francisco. Was from Alabama with houses there but was on secret mission in Germany. Light bulb flashes again and the topper was a Marine Officer that his job was medical technical. Light bulb flashed again and I left site after less than 24 hrs on it. Scammers. Nothing but scammer.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

First when I started out I got a lot of inquiries right away. I found quite rapidly that most of the women that contacted me wanted me to go to Google's Hangout and communicate with me that way. Then they wanted me to go to another site where I could sign up for free with a credit card and then get their phone number. It's a racket I will say that when I have reported a spammer that she does get taken off rapidly. Don't try customer service because there isn't any or if you can find it you're a better person than me. I upgraded my account so I could communicate with all the girls and write to them. 50% of the time that I signed in I could not even get my mail. I could not communicate with anyone. It was like I was a basic looker on the website. I tried customer service and found none. Go ahead at your own risk. It's only money right?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

A lot of profiles ask about Google Hangouts, one asked my email, after that, sent an email using pictures of a different person than the one on the site. Another one uses pictures of an adult model, whose pictures I have seen online. One even asked me to buy her plane tickets. And a lot of them sent links to other "adult" dating sites that are scams because even if you answer no to all their questions, you still get to join the site, except, if you want to message someone you need to give them your credit card number, for "age" verification.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

For the most part, when I chat with someone... the conversation starts out nice then after about a week they start professing undying love (weird) and they drop all the sadness in needing money for something. I ALWAYS say NO! Heck, even I know better! Now, for some reason I can't access the Mingle site... and I'm not even a scammer... oh well.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

The people that are creating the scams go to elaborate lengths to get money out of you. I knew it was a scam but I baited them and they took the bait. I used to work in fraud investigation. At least that was a major part of my job. So I kept them hanging on for over 2 weeks. I gave them so many hits that I suspected them. But they did not get it. Just kept describing new situations where they needed money desperately. And they use a new thing to get people to give them money. They ask you to buy steam cards for 100’s of dollars. Then they want you to take screenshots of the steam cards and send them via text message to them. They get so excited when you do it. I was able to play with them without them knowing because of my old connections. I don’t advise that unless you are in law enforcement. I don’t know how dangerous they are. Mingle 2 is driving the scams. They are actually located in Mumbai, India.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Went on this site looking for a date and possibly a long term relationship with a female in my area. Corresponded with 3 females over a period of a month or 2. After a while they all wanted an iTunes card sent to them or money sent via a money order. One of them wasn't even from my area but her profile said she was. One said her mother was dying and she needed money to get to her. The last one said she needed bus money to come to my area - all unreal requests. I found the best thing to do is just stop corresponding and move on...

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have been on Mingle2 off and on for 2 yrs. Most of the men profess to being in love within 3 days of communication. They then ask for money or iTunes cards. Almost always want to talk off the site, usually Whatsapp or Kik. I ignore those.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

For over 2 years now, I have belong to many different pay dating sites. Some I have had as many as 150 letters a day. (I can only pay attention to about 7% of these anyway) Believe me... Pay or not pay, you still have scammers. Scammers exists everywhere, whether it's dating sites, or online auto dealerships. So of course Mingle2 has their fair share also. But it's been my personal experience that Mingle2 has done a pretty damn good job of working to get rid of these kind of people... How many times have you gone to a girl profile and seen the words "Profile has been deactivated."

Believe me, lots of times it was Mingle2 that deactivated that profile. I have reported many, and watched the administrators work at investigating and getting rid of these people. But it seems to be an endless battle. If you want to have a clean and relatively scam free dating website, then you have to do your part, report these people to administrators. All over the website are places to do just that!

These people are liars and create phony profiles faster than Mingle2 can keep up with them. So I suggest doing your best at weeding these people out with your own personal profile. You let them know that you're not going to be someone's sugar daddy. Let them know you're not going to be paying their rent or anything else. "Do your due diligence." After all, what do you want for free, it's still a lot of entertainment... Lol.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I've tried this site for 6 months. I would have rated it zero stars if I had the option. It is evident that there are over ninety percent of the users that are scammers. Their main MO is that they are widows and in the military serving overseas. After a few chats they are declaring their undying love in broken English and asking for Apple gift cards. It's appalling. No serviceman would ever ask for money - it isn't their nature. The disrespect for our US military is heinous.

Original review: July 4, 2017

All are scammers here and all profiles are fake. After some time they will ask you for joining hook-up or security date arrangement. SCAM for stealing CREDIT INFO. Some will mail you regarding father died in Nigerian hi-tech explosion. Again scam. All girls claim as orphans, some said road accident, some explosion. Other said passed away. Some other will text you after taking your number as guys were sitting there and will demand money to buy iTunes gift card, flight, general help... All are here to make you fool guys. Beware.

Original review: April 15, 2017

First, the site is in India run by a guy in Mumbai. If that doesn't tell you enough, here's a verbatim note I sent them re: a profile titled "**" -- "Wow, Sofia Brancaleone, the internationally famous Spanish supermodel has moved to a suburb of Akron, Ohio and has a profile on Mingle2. What are the odds?!" Sad to admit, I became a paid subscriber and I've received over 100 letters in about three weeks - and 100% have been almost as obvious a scammer as the one I mentioned above. -- Do the Indian administrators of this website not realize anyone can Google search the photos?! And do they have no scruples knowing there are enough naive lonely people who will lose time and money to those scammers?! Jeez!! :-)

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Either fake, spammers, or people just misrepresenting themselves. At least 90% of profiles are in this category. The rest do not pay attention, from out of state or country, and contact you, lie on the location. I have 56 email replies right now, not a single one is good. I refuse to pay for the advanced level.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Out of over five hundred contacts with presumed single women sent and three hundred so called matches only about 50 actual communications with matches were made. Out of these ALL but 3 were scammers asking me to send money for one reason or another, asking me to pay money for sex or directing me to alternative websites to disclose my credit card information. Using stock photos of models and pretty women to entice men to respond by who knows who, it's a complete scam. Almost all respondents replied with broken English typing with Spanish or Russian overtones. Now the site has blocked me from access. What a joke!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Hello, I like Mingle2 dating website compared to eHarmony dating website because people tend to send me messages and respond to my messages. But why do I get a page saying Block IP, I am not a robot. Please verify. I verify many times but can't login.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I had a conversation with a young lady on Mingle2 dating site, within the confines of my personal messaging system via my acct. (One **, 21 of Grand Island, NE.) At one point I was asked if I was perhaps Apostolic, to which I replied that I was in fact not; but non-denominational. She was displeased with this reply so I attempted to patiently and gracefully affirm that I mean no offense, stated that I had no issue with the Apostolic Creed or tenets as they were scripturally sound and reflected the general Christian faith. I went to great lengths to attempt to diffuse the situation with kindness, patience and explanation both of my support for the Apostolic community and clarifying what non-denominational approach actually means. Apparently she became too frustrated that I was not going to convert to Apostolicism; and she blocked me from further PM/conversation. 1:57 AM, 10/16/16.

I really didn't care about being blocked, it was not a huge issue; if that's how she felt and thought she should respond then that was her prerogative. However, when I switched tabs to check on my social media sites affiliated with the ministry, and ministry site itself; I found she was hard at work posting slanderous accusations, assertions, and deceptions regarding our conversation in attempt to compromise me, or the ministry, or my lack of willingness to convert to Apostolicism.

Next, I tried returning to Mingle2 site to bring up our actual conversation thread so I could copy/paste the true interaction in response to the outlandish behavior, assertions, and general misrepresentation of my actions/words posted by the young lady on ministry affiliated sites, publicly. Yet, I found that when I was blocked from communicating with her, it also blocked my access to the already posted conversation thread. I had no access to retrieve what I'd actually said. 2:12 AM 10/16/16.

Next, I drafted an email for the administration, (hereafter referred to as ADMIN) of the Mingle2 site; to request either access to the thread, (even if the communication block remained) or to be sent/emailed a copy of the thread, or communication/conversational transcript. I included some statutes relative to a person's rights of ownership of their personal communications in order to establish a foundational basis for the request and their facilitation of it.

I included the cause for my need, (the young lady's slanderous actions) as well as qualifying my need for such; given the ministry, my role, and fact that I was a published author with two works on the global market. Thus the need for transparency and proof of character in light of the assertions made. Lastly, I affirmed that I wished to avoid litigation and was trying to offer Mingle2 a reasonable opportunity to cover their own tails basically before pursuing litigation. 3:12 AM 10/16/16.

In response several things occurred: This was their reply- "I do not see where the person has threatened you or harmed you in any way. Taking legal action just because you were blocked? That is hardly a crime. If you wish to pursue this, then we will provide the information to Law enforcement upon receipt of a legal subpoena." 7:50 AM 10/16/16. At 9:52 AM on 10/16/2016 I found that my account on Mingle2 had been erased as if it had never been. At 1:27 PM they sent me an email to Activate my new account, in lieu of the one they deleted; which had much of the evidence against them. At 1:54 PM (same day) their support staff deliberately blocked my attempts to contact; and at 4:42 PM (same day) claimed they had neither deleted the original account or blocked the email.

Next I composed a much longer, more detailed email with the exact statutes related to the issue at hand, copied and pasted from a verified online source; and thoroughly established the legal foundation for my request and their obligation to facilitate. Though I had plenty between evidence of their improper, unethical and illegal actions; I reaffirmed that I wished to avoid litigation if at all possible and asked a final time for the evidence of my side at least of the conversation-but was again denied. 1:27 PM 10/16/16, This is when I said "fair enough, I did all within my power to avoid litigation. May God have mercy on your soul." (Since then I have been seeking legal counsel and representation, preparing and compiling evidence for a thorough case file.) 5:06 PM 10/16/16.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I am a disabled guy who was online looking for a new caregiver. Someone sends money to me and then asks me to send the money to Nigeria for he cannot send it from Arab Emigrates where he is a government contractor for United Nations. Somehow he opened up an account for me in Federal Navy Credit Union and wants me to withdraw "his" money from the account and keep some and send some to Nigeria. he supposedly lives in Ft. Worth, TX and does not ask for any of my money. Is this still a scam operation?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I've been on here a few months now and I encountered a lot of scammers. Some of the scammers just message you or favorites you, those are the real scammers. Some of fake profile pics with models on them, which is so fake, it's laughable. Many I've encountered said in are from the States, but out of town at Africa for business. Many asks me to give them money via from Western Union. If you refuse to give them your money, they get pissy, and never wants to talk to you again. I would recommend that you avoid this site, it's horrible, so many scammers and liars on here.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

I have been sign myself up on mingle2. I got a lot of messages from Nigeria and european and asian women who are looking for money. They complain a lot of things, they will be will thrown out from the house, just sent me 100,- euro and another scammer from american just sent me 200 dollar. And a fake women from european she asked for 200,- euro. First she said she was looking for a men for a relationship. And many peoples from there are fake and you getting fake pics and you can added on google image and they are not real and a lot of racism.

I have reported many profiles and the moderator banned me for nothing. There is a lot of things going on that site active. They sent me a fake ID-passport too that they are real and they begging for money, but I didn't believe and didn't not trap in their tricks. Please peoples don't given your skype or what app number or e-mail. Be warned for this site! All dating sites are fake. Don't wasted money on anything. Just enjoying your life for everyone. Don't look for anyone women. Everyone will benefit from your pocket. There is a lot of scammers and asians women who are looking for money and sex.

Original review: July 5, 2016

The site simply is run by psychopaths. I am very good with women in other sites, but Mingle2 I have used the site for more than one year, it's a total waste of time. And what is worst, it is run by psychopaths. Men hiding behind the photos and profiles of women. And after wasting your time for weeks of chatting and exchanging messages, confronting them with their fact, they confess that they are boys who are playing with you, and they are not shy about that. At the end they will tell you that you are puppet.

Original review: June 28, 2016

The site might be free, but the site's User Interface is rather pathetic. As for the "dating" part of the site, don't bother. The website has low traffic. I'm in the DFW area, and saw maybe 5-12 new profiles per day for people in my dating range, within a 50 mile radius. Even if extended to 100, I didn't have much of an improvement. Like any free dating site, they are heavily loaded with scammer and fake accounts. The website is heavily loaded with abandoned profiles, and you have virtually no way of sorting profiles based on their last login time. They also don't do anything to clean out old profiles. So your search might give you 3k-5k profiles (if you set your search criteria really really wide), but maybe 40 will have been online in the last week.

Also... the site is rather quick to pull the trigger on deactivating profiles, as well as blocking IP addresses for 24 hours, due to suspected botting behavior (ha ha ha ha ha... if they actually would stop bots and spammers and scammers). The site does let you hide unwanted profiles (i.e.: you don't want to date someone who smokes or doesn't want kids). But if you mass click, after a period of time, the site will consider you a botter, the site will block your current pc/laptop's IP. In conclusion, don't use. Yes it is free, but you'll waste a week of life finding nothing. In 3 weeks of usage, I'd say I found 4 people who were "real" to chat with, only 1 of those go to offsite texting... and even then she said she wouldn't meet any guys she met online... (and she never mentioned that in her profile or during the rest of our conversations?)

Original review: June 26, 2016

Mingle 2 dating site is one of the worst dating sites to be apart. This site has nothing but scammers, the company does nothing about their scammers and when you report this issue a thousand times the company still doesn't do anything. Their privacy settings is the worst of all dating sites because they offer no privacy settings at all on their free site. And if you complain to the company about the overwhelming scamming and disrespectful users on mingle 2 dating site this companies site blocks you. This company is about the worst dating site of all. And are known for the overwhelming scammers who fish on American profiles from Africa and the United Kingdom for unsuspecting victims.

Original review: May 29, 2016

It is not difficult to see through the veneer of 'free' activity, lists of people wanting to meet you and all the other paraphernalia associated with this site. Every person you click on has the message "not seen for over a month" tagged to it. The plethora of dodgy ads for big busted Russian, Latvian, "Asian" (ie Chinese) women who are dying to leap into your bed, after you have spent a few grand I suppose, adds a small splash of variety to this otherwise unimaginative site. I am trying to think of a word that is apposite, succinct and yet expresses the true nature of Mingle2. After an hour of rumination, the only word that enters my mind that fills all criteria is 'crap' (Not seen for the foreseeable future).

Original review: April 9, 2016

Please do some research before locking a member out as many men get nasty if a woman turns them down on private emails. I have blocked many guys seeking quick time pleasures and they try reporting me because of spite. Mingle2.com honestly should ask for email proof before just banning a person. I have been on this site a long time. I certainly will ask many of my friends I have there to delete their accounts as well if this is not rectified. Men get extremely nasty when a woman does not do what he requires on private emails. It's absolutely appalling how quick Mingle2.com locks a person out due to a report. It's shocking.

Mingle2 Company Information