1.52/5
Based on 86 reviews that contain star ratings

90 Mingle2 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 21, 2019

I am an older woman, divorced, been on this site two and a half months, paid for being a member. I am a prime target for scammers. Some of the stories are laughable that I get told, although I put on my profile that I am constantly busting scammers and I don't send money or anything else, they don't read it. I feel I am now busting people instead of meeting anyone genuine.

Each man that writes I now I check to see if their pictures are line, I am not from the States but google the town they are from for places of interest and ask a lot of questions about places, a detailed account of what they do. This is usually enough as they won't answer, change the subject and ask you questions. When all else fails I speak to them on hangout. Once I hear the African accent or something else that doesn't fit I curse them and "**" them off. I am getting tired of this time consuming stuff, so it will be goodbye soon from me. The site should ask for ID when registering that would help someway but then ID can be stolen too.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Been with them for 1 year. I am accused of being spam. I don't want them to have my e-mail or mobile phone number. They use this info to create new fake accounts. Even 1 of their admin people blocked and then used my account for a new account. See jer1001. They will do the same thing with this 1. I have 9 pages of blocked spam on this account. 1 get 6 a day.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Every single one (person or a machine) is fake and/or scammer. DO NOT waste your time. The moment you suggest to speak or meet them, they turn into ghosts! It’s such a disgrace to have such site even legal. I would give “Mingle2” a zero star!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I eventually was contacted by a man whom identified himself as Kair **. He owns Mingle and 1000's of other sites all over the world. I have an acquaintance in Australia who informed me that "yes" it was the real Kair ** that was in touch with me. If anyone would like photos of him (clean) of course - I am reachable at **. I also have multiple photos of other fakes - 3 of whom have been placed on NO FLY lists!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Support was nice as they handled my request effectively. The number of fake profiles ruins the site, must be some way to limit this. Admins of the site are nice, just sad to have so many bad profiles on there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mingle2?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

This is a free site. You can search and message w/o giving up your credit info. There's a lot of racy profile pics along with pose shots of ** actresses appearing as profile pics. The fake profiles tend to really notice when you're online, they hit you up telling you that you're sexy and such. There's always an extreme age difference, even for a dude like me who halfways specializes in age difference dating.

They'll ask you right off to move over to Hangouts or WhatsApp. To anybody who knows the red flags of internet dating, Mingle2 is thick on the sketchiness. The users behind these kind of profiles aren't proficient enough in their English so to me it's a dead giveaway the profile is a fake. Another giveaway is they will say they are (whoever) "by name". For example it'd be like me saying, I am Bill by name, and blah blah blah. In spite of all the rampant BS on Mingle2 I still saw quite a few genuine appearing women users. I complimented some of them and they gave an appropriate reply. I give weight to a profile with a normal looking person in the profile and seeing that they actually filled out their profile.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I love being helpful to the community and this is one of the little ways I give back. I got scammed some months ago on a dating site. Initially, I reported to the dating site immediately but nothing tangible came out of that. Then I contacted a specialist at such cases to help out because I had already sent money to the scammer. He was blocked from the dating site and the specialist was able to help get some information about him based on what I provided to him. The good thing is that I got back my money through the help of **.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

"I've been on Mingle2 over a year now. As I was attempting to find a REAL Girlfriend, ALL I ever gotten was profiles from like...22, 24, 26 year old Girls who for whatever reason think that a young, U.S. Female NEEDS to show her body online. Almost every single so-called "Woman" on there is in fact, a SCAMMER... As I found out, they actually used many, many of my own friend's Pics off Facebook to place a fake profile. An equally unheard of amount of these Scammers are actually thinking that a real U.S. Male is going to believe that these Women on here are in fact, real. They're NOT. They also say in their own profile, "Need a sex partner"...(Written that very way)... They NEVER ever take the time to even look over your profile, I'd seriously blocked a certain so-called "Female" OVER a dozen times, yet she's (It's) STILL able to casually "View" my profile.

An unheard of number of these Scammer profiles have many, many profiles of the same Woman featured, but from different States, and Cities online SIMULTANEOUSLY... I'd requested that every one of them send me a message with more than a single misspelled word: "hi"... They ARE a front for Online Prostitution, being that they ALL want to "SexChat" with you, after you'd submitted your Credit Card info... They never speak in a full sentence, it's almost always barely 5 or so words. ALL of which are poorly misspelled... I even told the Administrators there that if they did NOT cease, and pull every one of those Fake profiles off there, I would report them as such, an Online Prostitution Site.

NOW, when I even attempt to sign in, I get the message that the Website uses an "Outdated" system, and before then it was a completely different message that I would get upon trying to Login... With ALL the bad reviews of a well-known Scammer Dating site, WHY hasn't the U.S. Government SHUT them DOWN, and remove this Scam filled site from the internet?? I'm beginning to believe, sincerely, that whoever is running this site KNOWINGLY allows this to happen. Why else would a Dating site feel the need to Advertise OTHER dating sites on its own page, if in fact it was an authentic Dating site?? If the U.S. Government can seriously BLOCK certain content from the internet, WHY haven't they (The U.S. Government) seriously BLOCKED "Mingle2" from being viewed here in the U.S.??

The Moderators there are in it, as much has the Scammers that fill that Website. I mentioned before, in my Profile, that every single one of those so-called "Women" ALL hold their Phone-Cam in the precise, same hand and manner, with their Fingers spread out like a Starfish, and I even complained to the Website, that the Women on there don't need to show their completely Nude body to get a Man, NOT online, NOT in real life. I also told them that absolutely NOT a single young Girl between the ages of 18 to 26 from the U.S. would ever, ever show their Bodies online on any "Dating" site... I mean...SERIOUSLY.

If "Consumer Affairs" can't get the Government to "Block" viewing in this Country of this Site, (This Content is Blocked from viewing in your Country), then I highly, highly suggest that the I.R.S. get involved, and Audit them for Tax Evasion because of non-claiming "Earned Income" from online "SexChats", Investigate them thoroughly. As to exactly how many real Profiles there are on there by literally CONTACTING these People by PHONE NOT Email because an Email doesn't have a Voice attached to it but a Phone call does, and forcibly delete each and every single profile on there.

It's literally appalling the amount of Money lost through this site's so-called "Female" members, Males included. I could run a Dating site, much, MUCH Better than these Scammers could. They use **-Star pics, they steal Pics off of Facebook, (I KNOW that. They're actually using a few of MY Facebook "Friends" Pics) and GET THEM OFFLINE, SHUTDOWN, and then thoroughly Prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of U.S. Laws and Regulations... This has been an ongoing problem for years with this Website, and the unbelievable amount of Complaints should, in fact, be adequate to SHUT THEM DOWN... It doesn't Matter what Country they're out of...U.S. Laws regarding Online content and what's "Viewed" in this Country should be enough.

I'm tired of even the Consumer Affairs Dept. allowing this to continue for many, many years. I don't really care if it's a "Free" site. It could cost literally $1,000's to join, and by the first 5, YES, I said that, the very first 5 Complaints BLOCK them from coming online here... Online "Safety"?? That's a JOKE... There's absolutely NO such thing as "Online Safety" in this Country because even the Federal Government allows this type of ** to occur... GET THESE INDIVIDUALS OFFLINE, and BANNED here in the U.S.

YES, I'm a REAL Member there, my first Profile Was "**", ( Which was Blocked because I called them Scammers), my next Profile there was "**", (Which, again I was Blocked from logging into because I called out several of these Scammers) and this Profile I've been BLOCKED from logging into is, "**"... Along with Blocking and Banning them from view in the U.S., they (The U.S. Government) needs to Prosecute them for Identity Theft, because of using unsuspecting People's Photos and likenesses to Extort Financial gains associated with Scamming... Go right ahead... Check me out on there. I just gave you my 3 Profiles I'd been locked out of for calling them Scammers and Online Prostitutes...

In conclusion, the United States Government NEEDS to Ban this Website from ever, ever being viewed in this Country. If the Government would actually do its job and protect the Citizens of this country from Overseas Fraud, and Money Laundering (IT IS Money Laundering by proxy of sending Financial gains through another to another without TAXES and Tariffs being paid) after ALL the Verifiable complaints on this Site, that would be magical.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I live in the 4th largest city in America. My IP address shows I'm in Houston. Sure, it appears there are a lot of people in Houston, but they have never been here. They can't answer basic questions that anyone who's even visited could answer. Most of them are obviously using an online translator. I even had one contact me using a real-life friend's pictures. If they are real and are in America, they don't read your profile. I actually tested this by asking for the messages to start with a keyword. Out of 113 emails, two read my profile. If you report people or use methods to screen out waste of time messages, they block your IP address, like they did mine. I was probably among literally 1% of women who is what she says and where she says and NOT running some kind of scam. They obviously don't want real people on there so don't waste your time.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Mingle2 is just mainly a hookup and scam site. They don't allow you to leave the site. I had to use a Cancel wizard for ** sakes. I met one person there that was decent but there a lot of scammers there.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I met a guy on Mingle fly really likes. As it turns out he's an Arabic person in the United States illegally, wanted by the FBI. I spent the entire day being questioned by the police and the FBI today because I knew something wasn't right with this guy. And so I had some people I know, use his phone number and were able to penetrate his phone and they were able to download everything in his phone. I would highly warn you against getting involved with anyone that you might find here. This is a very dangerous way to meet people. It is my goal to have the United States government shut down sites such as Mingle2, the same way they did Backpage and Craig Street her excuse me Craigslist just recently. There is no place in our society for these kind of people to have this kind of access to us. Mingle2 does not care about any of us. All they care about is getting paid.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

When I tried to search for a match on Mingle2 I entered the ages and distance I wanted to search. After presenting a few potential matches that were within my search parameters it would increase the ages and distance far beyond what I was looking for. When I brought this to the attention of the administrators of the site they told me it was up to me to fix. Why should I have to fix something on Mingle2's website? I shouldn't have to do that and I told them so. They then attempted to fix but they didn't. Another complaint is that my profile has been viewed by a woman/scammer I had supposedly blocked 6 times! Another attempt at a scam is that my profile is viewed by women (?) who live miles away from me. It is quite obvious that they are scammers because their profile picture of a nude woman who is looking for sex. If they actually are the woman in the picture they would not need to go online to find a sex partner.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

TOTAL SCAM OPERATION, NOT EVEN A REAL SITE. I was blackmailed months ago by a creep trying to extort me for money after they convinced me to send them nudes and a video of me. They failed, I didn’t comply. By the way, they steal pics of people and pretend they're in the army or military. This one was a moron. When I first started talking to them, they had their profile listed that they lived in New Mexico and was in their 20's. When we started talking, I brought this up and then they said they were 33 and lived in Denver, Colorado (1st red flag I ignored cause I was vulnerable at the time), thought it was a possible mistake.

On top of that, their number (at least the area code) said they were located in Nevada. 3 inconsistencies right there! 1. Different age 2. False info on their profile 3. Number revealed actual location. They themselves actually slipped up on their actual location and gave me false promises on taking me to “Las Vegas”, and said other absurd things which indeed indicated they were familiar with Nevada.

I told them (at the time) I was 21 years old, and from the beginning I was skeptic then they tried to do reverse psychology and said I had trust issues. Then I told my family about this and they said not to speak to my family about them... That was another warning sign. They are experts at manipulation cause this creep got me sending nude pics and a video which a week after blocking them, they texted me from another number with a MICHIGAN area code, threatening to post them if I didn’t “follow their terms”. I held my ground and blocked that number along with the first one. I didn’t send them a red cent, since then- no more contact. Luckily I deleted my profile way before the threats came in so they literally had nothing on me but bluffing scare tactics.

This is really sad cause they are identity thieves too. They gave me a fake name which is not even theirs but an elderly woman's name cause I researched the name and it belongs to a woman in her 50's, located in Colorado and it is the only person with that specific name they gave me. This creep said they were a woman in her 30's, so I guess when I was persistent about proof of identity, they quickly stole a name they found and lied to me which I was smart enough to research and found it belongs to someone else.

I don’t know who I was talking to but that was not their name, they were not the woman in the multiple pics they sent me and I don’t even believe it was a woman to be honest. I'm not revealing the name they gave me for the real person's privacy and protection but it’s TERRIBLY sad. They use other people’s identities unbeknownst to them to commit crimes on the internet. I reported it to the internet crimes people and gave them all the info I could but I haven’t heard back from them since filing the report. I guess it’s not worth their time. I guess I’m REALLY lucky I got out of that one without losing a nickel. Never again will I be so foolish.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I have been on that dating site for 2 years and got nothing but scammers from other countries wanting money for the sick child they left in the United States. Claiming to be in the military. I’m like really? everyone hitting me up is overseas. I paid for the premium thinking maybe I will get better response, oh no not at all. It’s like these scammers own the site. It was horrible. My first time on a dating site has disappointed me, and made me skeptical about trying another one.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I've been using Mingle2 for the past some months more than other months. In the 3 years I have had it, I have not met any girls from my city from the site. Most of my encounters have ended up being scammers or a girl (or guy who knows) trying to get my email address and or trying to get me to join another website (ie. webcam girls). Since I joined and would give me email, I have had nothing but spam in my email mailbox. This has been very frustrating. Not enjoyable at all, but I never seemed to totally give up, and to this day I am still using the site.

I have had maybe 3 real conversations with young ladies on the site. Didn't lead to anything but were refreshing. Out of the free online dating sites, I have narrowed myself down to just using Mingle2 and Tinder. If you have a lot of time on your hands look at different young ladies' profiles. Pass time easily, but as far as meeting someone special it has not been the case for me. I'd say to anyone try it out, but be careful what information you give out, and to create a new email just to use on Mingle2. For scammers and spam mail. Hope this was helpful.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Site features routinely malfunction. Mingle2 won't let me log in. A pop-up says my IP is blocked. The only reason I can come up with is I harass scammers on the site who post fake or obscene profiles and profile images. And, yeah, I do piss a few of them off sometimes. Great way to curtail their scam attempts by wasting as much of their time as possible.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Nothing but foreign scammers. They text and talk like foreigner. Trying to be military or NASA. Claim to be from California and asked what part of Cali they were from belong. I myself was born in Los Angeles. Every Californian know Cali is short for California and his reply was Watt not what but Watt. Of course light bulb. Second said he worked for NASA in San Francisco. Was from Alabama with houses there but was on secret mission in Germany. Light bulb flashes again and the topper was a Marine Officer that his job was medical technical. Light bulb flashed again and I left site after less than 24 hrs on it. Scammers. Nothing but scammer.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

First when I started out I got a lot of inquiries right away. I found quite rapidly that most of the women that contacted me wanted me to go to Google's Hangout and communicate with me that way. Then they wanted me to go to another site where I could sign up for free with a credit card and then get their phone number. It's a racket I will say that when I have reported a spammer that she does get taken off rapidly. Don't try customer service because there isn't any or if you can find it you're a better person than me. I upgraded my account so I could communicate with all the girls and write to them. 50% of the time that I signed in I could not even get my mail. I could not communicate with anyone. It was like I was a basic looker on the website. I tried customer service and found none. Go ahead at your own risk. It's only money right?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

A lot of profiles ask about Google Hangouts, one asked my email, after that, sent an email using pictures of a different person than the one on the site. Another one uses pictures of an adult model, whose pictures I have seen online. One even asked me to buy her plane tickets. And a lot of them sent links to other "adult" dating sites that are scams because even if you answer no to all their questions, you still get to join the site, except, if you want to message someone you need to give them your credit card number, for "age" verification.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

For the most part, when I chat with someone... the conversation starts out nice then after about a week they start professing undying love (weird) and they drop all the sadness in needing money for something. I ALWAYS say NO! Heck, even I know better! Now, for some reason I can't access the Mingle site... and I'm not even a scammer... oh well.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

The people that are creating the scams go to elaborate lengths to get money out of you. I knew it was a scam but I baited them and they took the bait. I used to work in fraud investigation. At least that was a major part of my job. So I kept them hanging on for over 2 weeks. I gave them so many hits that I suspected them. But they did not get it. Just kept describing new situations where they needed money desperately. And they use a new thing to get people to give them money. They ask you to buy steam cards for 100’s of dollars. Then they want you to take screenshots of the steam cards and send them via text message to them. They get so excited when you do it. I was able to play with them without them knowing because of my old connections. I don’t advise that unless you are in law enforcement. I don’t know how dangerous they are. Mingle 2 is driving the scams. They are actually located in Mumbai, India.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Went on this site looking for a date and possibly a long term relationship with a female in my area. Corresponded with 3 females over a period of a month or 2. After a while they all wanted an iTunes card sent to them or money sent via a money order. One of them wasn't even from my area but her profile said she was. One said her mother was dying and she needed money to get to her. The last one said she needed bus money to come to my area - all unreal requests. I found the best thing to do is just stop corresponding and move on...

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have been on Mingle2 off and on for 2 yrs. Most of the men profess to being in love within 3 days of communication. They then ask for money or iTunes cards. Almost always want to talk off the site, usually Whatsapp or Kik. I ignore those.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

For over 2 years now, I have belong to many different pay dating sites. Some I have had as many as 150 letters a day. (I can only pay attention to about 7% of these anyway) Believe me... Pay or not pay, you still have scammers. Scammers exists everywhere, whether it's dating sites, or online auto dealerships. So of course Mingle2 has their fair share also. But it's been my personal experience that Mingle2 has done a pretty damn good job of working to get rid of these kind of people... How many times have you gone to a girl profile and seen the words "Profile has been deactivated."

Believe me, lots of times it was Mingle2 that deactivated that profile. I have reported many, and watched the administrators work at investigating and getting rid of these people. But it seems to be an endless battle. If you want to have a clean and relatively scam free dating website, then you have to do your part, report these people to administrators. All over the website are places to do just that!

These people are liars and create phony profiles faster than Mingle2 can keep up with them. So I suggest doing your best at weeding these people out with your own personal profile. You let them know that you're not going to be someone's sugar daddy. Let them know you're not going to be paying their rent or anything else. "Do your due diligence." After all, what do you want for free, it's still a lot of entertainment... Lol.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I've tried this site for 6 months. I would have rated it zero stars if I had the option. It is evident that there are over ninety percent of the users that are scammers. Their main MO is that they are widows and in the military serving overseas. After a few chats they are declaring their undying love in broken English and asking for Apple gift cards. It's appalling. No serviceman would ever ask for money - it isn't their nature. The disrespect for our US military is heinous.

Original review: July 4, 2017

All are scammers here and all profiles are fake. After some time they will ask you for joining hook-up or security date arrangement. SCAM for stealing CREDIT INFO. Some will mail you regarding father died in Nigerian hi-tech explosion. Again scam. All girls claim as orphans, some said road accident, some explosion. Other said passed away. Some other will text you after taking your number as guys were sitting there and will demand money to buy iTunes gift card, flight, general help... All are here to make you fool guys. Beware.

Original review: April 15, 2017

First, the site is in India run by a guy in Mumbai. If that doesn't tell you enough, here's a verbatim note I sent them re: a profile titled "**" -- "Wow, Sofia Brancaleone, the internationally famous Spanish supermodel has moved to a suburb of Akron, Ohio and has a profile on Mingle2. What are the odds?!" Sad to admit, I became a paid subscriber and I've received over 100 letters in about three weeks - and 100% have been almost as obvious a scammer as the one I mentioned above. -- Do the Indian administrators of this website not realize anyone can Google search the photos?! And do they have no scruples knowing there are enough naive lonely people who will lose time and money to those scammers?! Jeez!! :-)

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Either fake, spammers, or people just misrepresenting themselves. At least 90% of profiles are in this category. The rest do not pay attention, from out of state or country, and contact you, lie on the location. I have 56 email replies right now, not a single one is good. I refuse to pay for the advanced level.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Out of over five hundred contacts with presumed single women sent and three hundred so called matches only about 50 actual communications with matches were made. Out of these ALL but 3 were scammers asking me to send money for one reason or another, asking me to pay money for sex or directing me to alternative websites to disclose my credit card information. Using stock photos of models and pretty women to entice men to respond by who knows who, it's a complete scam. Almost all respondents replied with broken English typing with Spanish or Russian overtones. Now the site has blocked me from access. What a joke!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Hello, I like Mingle2 dating website compared to eHarmony dating website because people tend to send me messages and respond to my messages. But why do I get a page saying Block IP, I am not a robot. Please verify. I verify many times but can't login.

Mingle2 Company Information