1.66/5

FirstMet

There are currently more than 30 million singles signed up on FirstMet. FirstMet is not a basic, general dating site. FirstMet strives to give you a low friction, no pressure environment to like, match, and connect with real people in your area and around the world. FirstMet is not promising marriage but instead offering a meeting place for happiness in many different forms. These forms are unique to each individual member. FirstMet is available through its website as well as its mobile apps.

136 FirstMet Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Your site saying this person is a great prospect for a date in Ohio or New York and many other places very far away from Oregon! To me is stupid!!! I am not wanting to waste my time sorting out men from across the country!!! It is going to be a long frustrating 6 months dealing with this site!!! Very unhappy and I have only been on this site for a week! Hope it isn't all this stupid!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I cancelled and am waiting for a conformation that my account has been removed. Please stop sending me messages from First Met as I am not interested. Why is it so hard to get you to understand and delete my account and my profile from this site.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Actually, I've had fun on this site. I believe if you're open and honest you will get people that want to talk to you or avoid you like the Plague. At least you get like Minded responses. I realize there are Folks on here that are Charlatans but that's to be expected anywhere. I've been with two ladies from your site in person and found them to be Super.. If you're Trying to be Married next week then say so, If you just want a Good Pal to shop, lunch, go to the movies with etc. say so.. Most of it has to do with you and what you really want..

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was not a fan of the site, I was continually seeing the same members I had skipped and wasn't able to view the members that did message (small profile window in messaging). Inadvertently set up an ice breaker which led to about 50+ message responses. Too much to deal with and thread through. Wasn't for me.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I'm wondering why, when I've clearly stated I live on the central coast of CA, I keep getting messages from everywhere except near where I am? TX, NY, MN, MA, IA, AZ, etc?? Also, as I will be turning 70 tomorrow, I'm honestly not interested in getting to know men in their 50's. Surely you can do a better job geographically of "matching" people???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FirstMet?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

When I reply to messages from members I am asked to pay a second time for a 'trial' membership and cannot access their messages to me. I will cancel the current membership to avoid repeated drafts from my charge card.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

You would not do as I asked. I never got on and in 20 minutes I asked for my $19.50 back. You didn't do it, so I did what I said I would do. I went to the Indiana Attorney General's office. I found out you are a FRAUD and a SCAM. I am putting it on the internet and Facebook. You will be hearing from them. You should have give me my money back.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

So far my experience on First Met has been a bust. I have set filters with a maximum miles at 25 and seen women that live 50 up to out of the country. I have also set the ages between 55 and 65 receive questions from women in their 70s. On the whole not good so far. I hope things improve.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

So far as of January 4th, I have nothing. Men interested in me are from Florida or some other state. I requested Idaho only. Tell what I'm paying for again. So far I want my money back!! (And now you're asking for more money to be more available to others). What the hell does that mean!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I signed up for what seemed to be a good deal in a dating website. I Called to cancel the next day and waiting on a refund. I would not recommend even thinking about joining this site. Prior to joining they make it seem like you have all of these messages coming in from people and it is all a big load of **. No-one even local is on there.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Men are so scary on here. I think you have scam artist on here. Not happy at all. Not user friendly. I dont see a phone number to call? Please cancel me please! States they were online every time. I get messages early in the morning. Sign of scams.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I've noticed there is not much difference between premium and what I had that was free. Kind of disappointing. I feel there should be more of a difference. If I had known, I would have just continued with the free service.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Since I've been on this website it has been VERY CONFUSING & ANNOYING. I've been getting Ice breaker messages from men outside my age limit as well as outside of the state in which I live. I wish I would have NEVER paid. I will not be renewing. Oh to cancel the subscription I have to call. Very unprofessional & so inconvenient. Maybe a visit to other dating websites will help you better your website & its functions.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I am totally sorry that I joined your site. I would like to get a prorated refund. I can't filter who I want to see. I don't want women with children or are smokers or drinkers. All I can filter is the ethnicity and distance. Please let me out of this crap. I also don't have the same to be refunded so a check would be in order.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I have been trying to use this app for quite a while without a lot of success. I find it very hard to use. I don’t like the way the messages are sent out on my behalf.

I don’t want to receive messages that were really not intended for me. The matches are not even close to my requirements. I request a distance radius of 25-50 miles and I get matches all over the U.S. I ask for an age range of 65-75 and get matches from 30 yr old and 80 year old. I ask for men only and I get women matches. Just don’t think it is very user friendly. Wish it was.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Met a few women who had really old pictures and looked nothing like their pictures. Not working for me. I feel that many women are not really presenting a true picture of themself. Just not enough response to my profile. I had to find someone special.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Received numerous amount of questionable inquiries from members very far away from me and outside of my search parameters. Difficult to run searches of members in my area. For those who met my search requirements they did not respond to my outreach. Overall a poor experience.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The few people I have emailed have not responded. This site is too canned for me. Please remove me from this site and refund my money. I don't like this site.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Before I signed up I received pictures of many men but once I signed up none though I have reviewed a whole lot of pictures. Most do not appeal to me. No one has reached out to me... Granted I am older and in a rural area. But I look and act a lot younger!! So far a waste of money and time and I'm glad I did not spend very much.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I did not sign up for a premium membership. It says I did. I do not want automatic billing. I cannot find anywhere to stop that. Your filters do not work. I get people from different states. I'm not interested in that. Please help me fix these issues. Your site is cheap.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I don't appreciate you sending women ice breakers on my behalf. It is deceitful and not fair to the person that has received them thinking that I am interested in them when I am not. I contacted your company to stop this immediately and received another one shortly after. Keep it honest and real people!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

FirstMet has a different approach, nothing wrong with that. But it is too generalized so it is hard to find a connection to someone in agriculture or has an ag background. Nor are there very many if any from my area (state). So I will be canceling. Just wanted to give your site a try. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I don't like your site. I signed up for a two-day deal for you with you guys. All the people you guys try to line me up with is another state and that is not what I'm interested in and now you guys want to charge me for something else to talk to another person. This is no good for me. You guys can cancel me and forget who the hell I am alright. Thank you. Bye.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

It totally sucks the way it's set up. I like to know where person lives & age before I decide if I'm going to like or skip. EVERYONE should have to have an up to date picture. I REALLY want to get off the site & my money returned. Always being charged to just look at something I already paid for. I already told some friends NOT to join it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Broken communication with another party - Was talking with a lady. When I tried to reply to her within 30 seconds of her message it came up she was no longer available. Why? There was no reason given for the interruption, I do not want her to think I rudely did not answer her message.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Some of your Icebreaker questions are stupid. This means the person doesn't have to think. It's a different site than I'm used to. Most of these people from somewhere not close to me have no intention of meeting anybody, so why are they on there? I think some of the questions are made by young people. Like what do you do on your day off? What if you're retired or not working?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have had the pleasure of reviewing several potential matches. I am looking forward to meeting that special person to share with and to develop a relationship with. Thank you for the opportunity to accomplish my goal. So far, the matches had been respectful. The cost has been reasonable to join.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

This is my 3rd time with you and no matter how hard I try to tell you you match me with people too far away. You can continue to do it. I have met no one except scammers. Sorry. Being a widow I'm a little concerned.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have not been able to access my messages. Screen keeps coming up for me to join when I already have paid. I also feel the site is too hard to use. I also have not been able to pull up profiles. Poor service.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Sorry I joined. Would like to have money refunded. All the men are very old and not very good looking. God knows about their personality. There are hundreds of men in your membership but I do think you should screen them before letting them join your service or at least put them in another category. Not very appealing etc.

FirstMet Company Information