Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.62/5

There are currently more than 30 million singles signed up on FirstMet. FirstMet is not a basic, general dating site. FirstMet strives to give you a low friction, no pressure environment to like, match, and connect with real people in your area and around the world. FirstMet is not promising marriage but instead offering a meeting place for happiness in many different forms. These forms are unique to each individual member. FirstMet is available through its website as well as its mobile apps.

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

FirstMet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FirstMet?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about FirstMet?

Original review: March 23, 2019

I paid for a subscription (yes, they were paid) and it seems about once a week (5 times) since I paid them, when I attempt to sign in I get this message "Our goal is to always keep our users safe. This account showed suspicious behavior or broke our community guidelines. If you believe this is an error, please contact us." So I contact them, and 4 or 5 days later I can get into my account. So in reality, I paid for 30 days and have gotten about 5. In addition to this review, I am contacting FTC and the BBB. Not that it will do any good. But, maybe other people will see this and keep from getting ripped off...

Original review: March 1, 2019

This company lacks morals. I sent this company an email 9 days before my membership was set to auto renew and they claimed to have never got it and charged my credit card and refuse to give me a refund!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I paid for the upgraded membership almost a week ago and still no upgrade. I've written to them several times including the transaction date and date posted info from my credit card. I strongly urge you not to use this fraudulent company. RIP OFF COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Tried to cancel the same day. They deducted money from my account. This site is a bad deal. Met a few persons. I was looking for women. One turned out to be a male. Others were in Africa not the city that appeared on site. They all ask for money again. Be CAREFUL FIND ANOTHER DATE. THIS ONE REALLY SUCKS.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

They kept expanding the distance on my matches. I tried to cancel but couldn't. They billed me for another month. I stopped auto renewal and called and canceled. They still sent me an email about a match. I unsubscribed from their emails, but still got another one. They said I won't receive anymore but we'll see. They refuse to refund $24.99 back. I'll never date online again!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Canceling is really hard. I sent an email 1 week ago stating I wanted to cancel. I no longer wish to renew and want to avoid automatic billing at the end of my trial period. I have not received an email back regarding the status of my cancellation.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The system is not user friendly. I signed up for a cheap 15$ 3 month trial. I stopped using the service 2 weeks and then they proceed to auto renew it at 49.99 without notification. Trying to get the phone number off their website is next to impossible. I told them I had not been using the service and I called quickly enough. They billed my card late on Friday. I was emailing over the weekend. I was told no refund. Too bad. So sad... I called their customer service after finally finding it hidden my account and was hung up on. Each person who answered said they are the supervisor and can't transfer. Was told to dispute it with my bank. Their recording claimed wonderful customer service. If that's wonderful customer service I wonder what crappy customer service looks like to them. Overall the app is crap. The company is crap. If you sign up cancel immediately. Cancel anything auto renewal. In fact just don't sign up. Save yourself the trouble.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Your site is very confusing. I set the distance. Criteria at 25 miles and it jumps to 100 and 500. A box will pop up saying no matches. Had to expand the distance. It should be up to me if I want to expand the distance. I don't want a long distance relationship. All other dating sites I've been on don't expand the distance. I have control.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I joined FirstMet in February. I have not found any suitable matches they just throw anything at you. BUYER BEWARE if you don't want to renew make sure you follow up. They took money out of my account and I said I didn't want the service anymore because the people they sent me were unsuited for me but they it's like a thief in the night. So again I say BUYER BEWARE of FirstMet's business practices. I would never use them again in this life or any other. Thanks for nothing, I know this review will not fly but if someone sees it they can tread lightly.

Original review: March 26, 2018

When I joined, I got a lot of contacts, yeah a lot of not existing people, that loved me, then wanted money. Personal record, $15.000 after a week. So in the end of last year, I told this company, that I wanted out. So surprised that they took money from my account today. 354 sek, like $35. So tried to get in contact. I want that money back. I do not want to look at the men they chose for me. Like we both like "Kill Bill" or that we both like a book. So tried to send a complaint about the bill. Not possible. Just a lot of info I don't need. So now we see if they send my money back.

FirstMet Company Information