2.97/5

100 Bumble Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

Having been a member for a while without any issues and I decided to pay for a lifetime membership costing £80. Within a few days I was blocked. They never consulted me. When I asked they sent an email saying that there had been a complaint and the matter was closed. There was no ability to appeal. I have nothing wrong and I challenged them to show me any any evidence that I had somehow acted badly. They have not replied. I feel robbed and feel discriminated against. There has been no process. Their system at best is unjust at worse it is criminal theft.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Don't know where all the negative reviews are coming from. I live in Cleveland, Ohio and have been on the site less than a week. Already been on several dates and one booty call. It may depend on the city you live in but I think it's what you say in your profile and if you're decent looking.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I normally get 3-4 contacts a week....none thus far on this site. Reached out to several, folks. Weird, unattractive folks, keep trying to connect. Wondering are fake/models on the site? Signed up for a week. Will not renew acct. Site will not function without your phone location being on. Crazy!!! It had the name of my apt complex on my profile for everyone to see!!! I had to add "fake location" app to give a fake location. Don't waste your time.

Original review: July 7, 2019

This dating app is the worst and out to scam you. They changed the settings to my account without even an email or courtesy notification. I found my experience with this app truly disappointing and not worth the time or money.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Not only did Bumble continue to change $13.99 per week after I had unsubscribed - I also received insulting comments, abusive messages & unsolicited photos. Obviously Some Bumble users feel that harassment and abuse are the norm. What an Utterly Appalling experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble?

Original review: June 29, 2019

I had one short phone conversation with a guy I met on Bumble. When he found out I am no longer interested. He start sending me insulting / degrading messages. He stopped only after I threatened to go to the police. But the WORSE part is that I contacted Bumble 3 times asking them to remove him from the site. They never contacted me back. I think Bumble should be more proactive protecting their members from "the bad ones". Shame on them.

Original review: June 28, 2019

This company has found a great way to scam customers. After setting up my account, it was hacked by an outside source immediately. I contacted Bumble for support and received this response - "Unfortunately, per our Terms and Conditions, all purchases are non-refundable: If you haven't yet cancelled your subscription renewal, please be sure to double-check the subscriptions on your mobile device to ensure you won't be charged for an additional billing period." I am not able to change my password because of the lack of support and now cannot use my account. So, Bumble gets my money, I get no service, and it is suggested that I cancel my subscription by the very company that refused to accept any kind of accountability or responsibility. Wow. I understand their posted policies, but these policies become unlawful when abused by the company - and that is exactly what is going on. Best advised to avoid this company.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I bought a six-month subscription. I used it for a few months. I found it to be not very useful. So I decided to not renew. The next part is on me, as I did not realize they would auto-renew me, and I probably should have. So, yesterday I get an email saying I've been auto-renewed. Within one hour of receiving an email from them to that effect, I use their Contact Us form to explain how I never meant to. I Google for instructions on how to cancel, and I do so. All that is left is for them to refund my money. Which they refuse to do. Their argument is that per their terms and conditions, I agreed to the auto-renew and while my subscription will not be renewed again, I have use of their service for six more months. While they are legally in their right, that is a total ** move on their part. I give Bumble Bizz one star.

Original review: June 17, 2019

This app has no place in a free, democratic society! Yes, you read the title right! Very biased against men. Bumble, if all men get treated the way you do and they leave, what are the women going to swipe right? Maybe you'll just like to make it a lesbian dating app. That would go well with your anti-men cancerous feminist values. First, only women can initiate conversation. How is this promoting equality? One must have a serious mental issue to believe that.

Second and most important: they ban a guy for any complaint they get from a disenchanted woman. Even worse! They will not tell you why you got banned, or show you the message that got you banned. Basically they are accusing you of something but you have no right to know what you were accused of or face your accuser. I advice the executives of this company to read a few of the constitution amendments: first, second and sixth. To all men out there: don't subscribe to this service. It's expensive and you will get treated badly. Don't fuel their business with your money!

Original review: June 10, 2019

After thing I canceled my subscription, which apparently I just deleted my account. Bumble continued to charge me through an old Apple account that I no longer had access to for over a year. I had not been even on the app for over a year. When I realized what had been going on they kept telling me that they couldn’t help me, I had to go through Apple.. long story short I finally got it resolved through Apple after being charged over $500.00. Do not use this site...

Original review: June 10, 2019

If I could give negative star to customer service I would. They charged me for subscription even after cancellation of service and even after numerous proofs (credit card, receipt, etc.) refuse to refund. Just terrible and probably a scam site.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Do not pay any money on this dating app. It's a scam. You wont see much difference. There are so many fake profiles and apparently there are "robots" responding back then they disappear. The Bumble team are useless. No customer service and they don't care what happens as long as they are still running us and keeping their money. Don't get scammed....stay away. If you do go on the site give little details as possible when messaging and don't get disappointed if they "suddenly disappear" when you know you've done nothing for them to unmatched you. I'm not the only one that has experienced this. I should have listened to those that told me this info as it's TRUE.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Absolute scam artist this lot. I paid for coins on their app and they use that to auto renew my account without my permission. That is called theft and they say you can cancel anytime but they never tell you that they have signed you up for it! Once more if the app is having trouble with the network and you tell them that your having trouble getting into the subscription to cancel it they won’t even bother helping or canceling the billing even after you have told them. They are thieves, end off and they need to be held accountable. It’s not right and not fair.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Bumble is no different than Tinder if not worst. Escorts. Hookers. Prostitutes. Cash app girls. Webcam girls. Gold diggers. And fake profiles. Also biased towards men. I have filed complaint on females that have used vulgarity and were asking for money. They were never removed. When a guy gets a complaint they delete them immediately. This app is hiding behind being female friendly. It's just another app that is trying to make more money.

Original review: April 16, 2019

My humble opinion and I believe the following: I am informing you I will file complaints with the New York state attorney general's office, US Attorney generals office, FTC, etc regarding this I believe biased towards males gender website app and refusal to refund me my membership fee of 6 months when I canceled after joining. I was told that as per your terms and conditions I could not get a refund which I feel is wrong and I think deceptive business practices. I am also informing you to cease and desist any further charges on my credit card other than a refund of my $79.99. I will be filing negative reviews all over social media if I don't get my refund immediately. I think it's wrong and biased towards males that females can only respond first to males. I WILL NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR join again.

Original review: April 12, 2019

They blocked me for no reason. I only asked for help to update my account due to my phone number changing. One tech said that, "the account had a glitch in the system.” I waited with hearing nothing from them then it was lies after lies about how I was in violation of rules and other accounts reported me. I hope the CEO reads this. I felt discriminated against also and treat poorly. No response for months then they hit me with I did something wrong. They are so horrible of a app customer service and no manager even connected with me ever.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I recently signed up for a profile in their (Bumble) dating app and then a week later they blocked me from the app. When I asked (several times) they finally told me I was blocked because they got “several complaints” on me and they did a thorough investigation. However I was not consulted and furthermore I only talked to less than 5 people from the app, did nothing offensive and still talk to them off the app. Bumble refuses to tell me anything I did wrong and has refused to tell me about my violation, nor allow me the respect of telling me what I supposedly did wrong. This same issue happened across 2 other similar dating apps - Badoo and Tinder.

I am extremely freaked out and worried that somehow someone has hacked my personal information and lied about me and my personal reputation. How can other dating members lie about someone and since I never asked anyone payment for sex/massages, wasn't looking for casual sex, nor at any time did I send nude pics - all of which I can say most members try to do. I was clear and only wanted clean friends or marriage. All I did was simply tell these rude men to go away and have some respect, and now I am permanently banned from online dating and for no reason at all. And how can these dating sites be allowed to ruin my ability to date online? I am very worried, how did this happen? How is it, that this can happen in a short time across 3 dating applications? I have never been treated so badly until I had signed up for these rather poorly run and unprofessional dating sites.

Why was I weeded out and then banned? Why are liars allowed to do this to other people? Maybe they need to examine their filtering systems and some of the bad men on these sites. How can this happen, and how come my personal information was not protected - it seems to me that these 3 dating sites had transmitted my personal information in between them, and without my knowledge and consent. And what’s worse, have blacklisted me in a sick, irrational way. I am very upset and unsettled over this... It carries many dangerous implications for me. So, looking into the future, what else will they do to further ruin my public profile online?

Original review: March 24, 2019

As for now I keep getting same match on people that I had previously match last year and never responded. If you put the distance you are looking for your match, you are still being match with someone from 80 to 100 miles away from you. Plus scammers are the dish of the day as well... I gave it a try last year. I cancelled then I gave it another try this year... Complete disappointment and waste of my money, again matched with the same people that doesn't respond... Seems suspicious to me. Anyway don't waste your time and money on this app.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have found that several of the men are not who they represent themselves to be. They want to text a lot but do not want to talk live. When they finally do call they have a heavy foreign accent. I think there are many scammers on this site so beware ladies.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Save your money - scam to get your money. People answering your ad that are not real. Men are held for ransom - you can't see who has matched with you unless you pay them. After I paid for a trial period they charged my card several days early before the renewal date so I couldn't cancel the day before. When I asked them they said there was no way to give the money back. I used Amex so I called them and got my money back anyway. Lastly the chat area is very tiny and it has white lettering on a yellow background - you can barely see what it says. This is real junk - avoid it.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I joined Bumble last year, took my account down and tried again recently. Out of the six guys that I connected with, very short responses. The last one, I really like him which is why I am writing about my response. I think that Bumble has staff that are pretending to be the people that I was in touch with. Im really disappointed, and feel that Bumble preys on women's feelings. Last year, I did do the boost for a week, and saw no difference. I was charged only for the week. This time around, I did not do it at all. This could have been a really good thing...

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

In addition to paying a subscription for boost, you can buy coins to use for super swiping or putting your profile in the spotlight. However, they no longer show you your coin balance. It only flashes briefly in and out of the way place when you spend a coin, so you cannot keep track of the coins that are disappearing. They also show you the same profiles over and over, so you end up spending coins super swiping the same ones over and over. The icing on the cake was when they recently replaced the button that you used to buy coins with a button that spends two coins for the spotlight feature. The new button is in the exact same place as the old button, looks very similar, and even has a label underneath that says two coins, which used to be your coin balance. So you think you only have two coins left, hit the button to buy more, and they steal two more from you. I had a lengthy chat with their support team to confirm that this is indeed intentional.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Customer service wrote me, "We were able to locate your profile, and we've discovered what's occurring with your account. Unfortunately we have received several complaints about your profile. We have investigated these complaints and have decided to block your profile for being in violation of our Guidelines. You can read our Guidelines via the following link: **. All of our users are required to follow these rules to ensure Bumble remains a fun, friendly and safe place to be. Our decision about your profile cannot be changed and no exceptions will be made." No details were given because I think Bumble is comprised of stupid cowards. I think I was blocked because I simply told women I'm "not liberal" when they wrote me (my profile stated that I'm conservative and Christian).

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I had a week-long conversation (an eternity on Bumble) with a very nice, pretty (not a 10 like many on there) and it ended up being a scam. Once I gave her my number I got text in that weird style with accents and blocks in between words... I couldn't believe it, she was aware of local bars and couldn't seem more legit. She (probably he lol) put some real time and effort on me. Haven't paid a dime so there's that, but sob... It's just mean. :( Lol. I can't believe how many poor souls paid because they just want some companionship... Really brutal. Just to reiterate, DO NOT SPEND A DIME ON THIS BS. Keep your head up, out there... All the best.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Bumble has one job and it does not do it! Bumble is supposed to match you with people of opposite sex. But it won't do it on purpose so you pay around $10 for 30 minutes of Spotlight. Even then who knows if Bumble really does anything?! Maybe it just says you are in spotlight but you are not?! It's a good money making strategy for Bumble to make guys frustrated by not showing their profile to women (or showing the profile to women but hiding the likes?!) so they pay for spotlight.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Totally unethical company! After giving them my credit card number to purchase $5 worth of 'bumble coins', they used those details to sell me a subscription I never wanted. An ad popped up, the X button didn't work to delete it, the back button didn't work to return to the previous page, so there was no way to get rid of the ad. It gave me a choice of 4 subscriptions (one of which must have been selected, but that wasn't clear) and a button said "continue", so I thought I would have to find out more before they would let me remove the ad.

When I pressed "Continue" the message came up "purchase successful". AUD$110. Now I want to know if the subscription automatically renews 6 months later or not, but can't find any information about that or about my own subscription. In the FAQs it says there should be a button to manage and delete my subscription, but no such button exists. I want to call them but no phone number exists. I try to send an email to them but after writing it, the "send" button doesn't work. I try the website but it's worse than the app. So I now have to cancel my credit card to make sure I don't keep getting charged every 6 months because there's literally no way to cancel the subscription. Total scam.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Bumble is no different than POF. I decided to give Bumble a try after getting off POF a few years ago. I’m a shy person, so I thought Bumble would give me a chance to get back into the dating game. I really liked the idea of Bumble because as a woman you got to initiate the conversation based on the individuals you matched up with.

At first you get tons of matches but as numerous people have mentioned, once you upgrade to the Bumble boost you end up with like 10 people and most of the matches are outside your location. Even after I upgrade I think I only matched with 3 or 4 people. None of them really wanted to meet and when you asked to exchange numbers to chat on the phone they either unmatched with you or stopped responding to you. I’m pretty sure Bumble is full of bots and fake profiles although Bumble says they make sure none of the profiles are fake. Bumble is awful. Avoid it at all cost. The dating world has changed so much!!! I’m just going to have to make time to go out, so I can meet new people because online dating is a scam and the worse.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

AVOID BUMBLE AT ALL COSTS OR THEY WILL LITERALLY END UP COSTING YOU MONEY WITHOUT YOU KNOWING!!! I just found out I've been secretly getting billed for the last 5 months from Bumble for a one-time Bumble boost I thought I needed because their app produced little results. Come to find out it auto renews every week!!! Not every month at a much lower cost, but every week for the highest price available they have for the service. It takes numerous attempts for contact to only hear we do not offer refunds of any kind even though I haven't been on there since their so-called "boost".

Mine was a "Bust" and I'd have better luck finding and dating women on a all gay men's dating site. My looks are above-average based on a general consensus of women but yet didn't receive any correspondence from women within my same dating pool. I even went as far as swiping right on several hundred profiles randomly and still only receive interest in 1 or 2 women who were definitely not my type. Don't expect the slightest sympathy or concern because their goal is to take money and keep you broke so you can't take out quality women. They want you to date low-quality women so your dating life has a high turnover and you're stuck using them continually in the future, lol.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Sadly and unfortunately, I put a TON of time and energy into this platform that I saw as a great networking and prospecting platform. I was in contact with multiple people, and then my log in was just suddenly SHUT DOWN! I lost ALL contacts and connections. :( I thought it was just a glitch, until after a few days and using it all over again, it happened again...so they reinstated me and now a few weeks later, and a lot of time, cultivation etc. They said that there were too many "reports" meaning complaints and I have been permanently deleted.

What in the Heck! How in the world can I be kicked from a platform for networking? Why would other users have the power to report and get you deleted? Here's my Networking: “Hello! How are you? I am on here to cultivate relationships to and to see if anyone is looking to buy or sell real estate? Your line of work looks interesting, I may know someone to refer you to!” That's basically how it works! So, to be deleted? That means that other "rude" people who don't want to be in contact, are intentionally reporting falsely...and the result is deletion. This platform is for NETWORKING! The person reporting needs to be deleted.

I received an email that suggested that copy and paste is not recommended, I followed ALL of the rules, and a few weeks later I was reinstated, and then deleted, and was told it was permanent, with zero recourse, not explanations, cannot even call to get a human on the phone... This platform is set up in a very poor way. So angry that I wasted so many hours all to just be wasted!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Like others on here, I have had a hard time cancelling my subscription. I tried to cancel on my phone. I tried to cancel on my computer. I tried to find a customer service number (they don't have one - shows what they think of their customers). Half an hour lost. Don't buy this.

Bumble Company Information