2.00/5
Based on 39 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

39 Bumble Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

On a scale of 1-10, I would give this dating 0 star. A bunch of thieves who will drain your account. When you subscribe, it tells you when to cancel if you don't want to be charged but even if you that, you will incur numerous charges from this company. The dating service itself does not work - a big scam.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Last summer I subscribed to this dating app. It had very few dating matches offered in my area but I had purchased a 3 month membership. Before the end of the 3 month period I deleted my account and app, so I thought. What I did not realize is the account was set to continue renewing until I went to iTunes to stop the charges. Somehow emails that came every 3 months got by me without my notice. I am not one to check email frequently and especially if it appears to be junk mail.

So just yesterday I discovered they have charged me over $200 in renewal fees since last summer when I deleted the account. I contacted both Bumble and Apple and neither were willing to refund my money. I feel it should be unlawful to set up a system that requires the user to opt out of a renewal system. It should be the opposite. If a consumer wants their account to renew then they should have to take an action to opt in. I plan to continue to try to get my money refunded for a service I was not using. To me, this is a slippery way for companies to make money on consumers who are not diligent to look out for such loopholes.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Oh, where do I start?! ONE-- You don't really know if the person you may fancy lives within your desired area or not. It goes by the GPS on their phone, so you may think they are within your vicinity, and they could live 1000 miles away (think pilots, or even people visiting family, vacationing, or traveling on business). TWO-- I did end up purchasing a 3-month membership because a guy popped up that looked interesting to me. I thought it was weird because I hadn't swiped right on him, so I shouldn't have been able to see that he swiped right on me. But, I was intrigued and paid for 3 months in order to "meet" him (I could only see his picture). Turned out, he lives in San Antonio, which is WAY out of my range (I live in Dallas). We've kept up a friendship, but that is the only good thing that has come from this App. But, I'm still suspicious about how he came into my purview when I didn't have a "membership" and I didn't swipe on him.

Is it crazy to think algorithms may have played a part in the app making someone who interested me enough to PURCHASE a “membership” show up my end, even though that's not how it works. (If you pay for the app, you get notifications when people have swiped on you, even if you haven't swiped on them -- and you can see their picture and all their information. I could only see his picture, but he looked nice, so I paid to get the rest of his information (hook!).) But I don't trust these things, and will always be suspicious about that.

THREE-- Guys are stupid. I think a lot of them swipe on every girl; that way they know when someone swipes on them. Then, they get to decide if they really are interested in you. Or, maybe it's just an ego trip. If they swipe on everyone, they know when someone was interested enough to swipe on them, but they weren't really interested in you, so they don't keep up a conversation. IDK. Just weird. FOUR-- Before my "membership" expired, I hadn't had a "hit" in weeks. Of course, once my membership expired, I started to get notifications of men who had (supposedly) swiped on me. (LOL! Don't take the hook.)

FIVE--Finally, AND THIS IS THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK. I did get a hit a couple of days ago, where this guy and I both actually swiped on each other (believe me, that's RARE! ), and we started a conversation. Of course, I (as the woman) have to start the conversation (and by this time I'm thinking, "I hope you're not some jerk who swiped on everybody." LOL). He responded (and he actually sounded interested, not just stupid), and I responded back. Well, suddenly the conversation just "disappears". What?!? I'm guessing you (Bumble) don't want people to meet each other unless they are paying for your app. Sheesh! Sorry, this is so long. And, to think I've only been using this app since January. Haha. Very disappointing. (Note: I am 54-years-old, so I’m sure the experience is different for each age group.)

Original review: May 30, 2018

Don't waste your time with this ** system. It is a complete waste of time as no one cares about anything else other than what you look like. Who you are doesn't matter. Worth anything on that system and it is complete **.

Original review: May 16, 2018

The site is such a scam. I live in a medium sized city and rarely does anyone popup. Most of the popups are between 70-100 miles away. It's hard to believe that there is not a single person within 30 miles of me. Total WASTE of money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble?

Original review: May 14, 2018

Swipe right and you become Cinderella. I have only been on Bumble twice, a year and half and on my first swipe to the right dated a great guy for a year an half. It happened again within 24 hours, second time around and this time around fairy tales do happen. Met the man of my dreams and madly in love, and it's as good as it gets. I did not pay for the app and was blessed. There are happy endings and it's not a waste of time.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I signed up for the dating site Bumble paying $74.99 for 6 month of “boost”. After the first day there are no new people each time I log in. I have expanded my search to 150 km and the age range has a ten year span. Occasionally I get one new person pops up otherwise it’s empty. I have contacted the company several times only to get an automated response. I want my money back.

Original review: April 25, 2018

When I logged on to the Bumble app dating site I was very suspicious because I was hardly getting any matches at all but whenever I have gone on to any other sites like Tinder or any of the other dating sites I would get literally a hundred or more matches. What confirmed my suspicions was when I saw a friend of mine that I've known for years but kind of lost touch with on Bumble and I pressed to match with him so that I could get back in touch with him and I know he would have matched with me so that he could get back in touch with me but he never did so I knew something was wrong.

I knew they were controlling how many matches we can get and who we can talk to. My suspicions were confirmed when I finally got fed up one week later and got off of Bumble and went back on Tinder and ran into that same friend on Tinder who immediately matched with me on Tinder. We went out for a drink the next night and sure enough he did try to match with me on Bumble! I am more convinced than ever now that Bumble is completely crooked and they are controlling who can talk to who and how many matches you can get! I was not a paying customer and I think they do that to try to discourage me to get me to pay! They are totally crooked and I will never use Bumble again!

What makes me really angry about this is that they are messing with people's lives! If people go on there and they think they're being rejected when they're not! They may also see someone they really like and they automatically think that person is not interested when they may be and then if they see them on another dating site they may ignore them thinking that person rejected them on Bumble! I think that is just terrible to mess with people's lives like that! I think those crooked people should be sued. I hope some paying customers will file lawsuits against these crooked scum-of-the-earth garbage people who run this thing.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Please discontinue my subscription. It's not working for me, I wasted $42 for 3 months, yet I can not chat with anyone. Only to swipe LEFT and RIGHT. So What? No communication. And step I have to pay extra 34 dollar coins. Can't understand why all this expenditure. Please discontinue my subscription. We can't even talk to customer service. Is this a scam???

Original review: April 3, 2018

I tried to cancel my account and cancel recurring payments because I actually met someone. 1st of all it's very difficult to find a phone number for customer service for Bumble. Secondly when you do call it's India and they're very rude. I called and explained my issue and then he said that he would call me back that night which I thought was odd and then he never called me. I had to call him. Then it turns out he could have just emailed me. The whole thing was a cluster and very unprofessional.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I don't like it you have fakes and liars. FOR 1 example Owen ** said he was 67. In real life he's now 75. Lied period. Smokes weed all the time. Likes to cause conflicts. Tries to make women feel bad about themselves. Especially when they don't do what he wants. Tries to act like their father. I offered to help him clean up his house and he got mad because I stopped. I told him that it's not my house and l wasn't cleaning anymore. He wasn't and it's his house. Besides l didn't know him like that. Then he tries to grab on and force his hands. That don't fly with me. So please cancel my account now.

Original review: March 20, 2018

To whom it may concern, Bumble and Google Play will not refund you 80$ after they auto charge you if you didn't cancel the subscription. I contacted both parties the day of the 80$ charge, and both would not honor refund. This is poor business practices. Please don't support a business that won't refund you a charge the day of the auto charge!!!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I used this app last year and actually ended up dating two guys last year only to find out they were married. So, so, so sad! So I decided to give it a try again this year and every person I matched up ended up being someone who was sitting at the airport swiping on Bumble and they had no intentions at all of being in a relationship! Literally I matched up with 7 guys over the weekend and they were all from out of town sitting at the airport during a layover! Also, my settings were at ages 39 to 80, 50 miles away and I would got to swipe about 100 people and then I ended up getting a Bumble message that "No matches in your area". What? I live in a big city with 3 million people and there's no more matches? This app has really ended up being a waste of time.

Original review: March 14, 2018

So I joined this app thinking it would be better than Tinder, made my account with ease, had no issues. I am openly gay and was looking to find guys and girls as connections for friendships and possible relationships with guys. I had set up my account to find matches 14 miles away at max, I would find people that were close to me but then the app would tell me to expand my search to people that lives over 60 plus miles away, not only that when I did match with people girls mainly they wouldn't even respond. I would extend every time and then they ended up never contacting me. When I did match with people and they did respond after a few messages back and forth they would stop and then vanish off my matches list.

I tried Bumble BFF and it would only let me search for male friends which is somewhat annoying so I decided to switch it back over to the dating site and write in my bio that I was also looking for friendships. When I search for both guys and gals it would only show me guys and not women ever, so the app is still quite buggy. It was really a big waste of time, so many bugs and they made it so if you are trying to match with women the women have to respond first but that doesn't always happen. In fact I only matched with a few gals using the premium subscription and they swiped on me first and yet still never made the effort to contact me. So this app is not worth the money nor the time.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I joined Bumble for the second time. Been on this site for a couple of months. I dated a guy from this site last year who became my stalker on social media after break up. To avoid him I created a profile with an alias but with my real my pics. He found me because Bumble keeps showing the same people in your feed that you may have swiped left. I had a strong feeling that someone was able to access my account. Either this guy or somebody else. Anybody that I started a conversation with would last for just a few exchanges. This never happened before. I am quite attractive.

In any case I matched with this one guy & for some reason the conversation continued. So I decided to meet him. Turned out his arms and hands were badly deformed due to an abnormality. It was a disturbing experience. Since then this guy has become my 2nd or 3rd stalker. Who knows? I think he was asked to do this by some sick person. I contacted Bumble to speak to someone via phone and they refused to provide a number. I am waiting for them to respond to this freaky experience and then get off this site permanently. I wish I had seen the reviews.

Original review: March 5, 2018

After swiping for a while, you'd notice that a lot of profiles are made by the same person due to their wordings. I realize that if you're starting a dating website you'd hire someone to make a few fake profiles to have a good base for newcomers but that's not only it. I joined only for a week and cancelled. I'm considered to be attractive if you're curious but I barely had any respond. I asked for a refund and they said it's on their policy that they don't issue refunds. This is a scam. Be warned! Don't join.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Signed up for 1 week subscription. They are charging me for a 6 month subscription at £66.99!!! I have asked repeatedly for them to send me proof of where I signed up to 6 month subscription and where I agreed to pay £66.99... They have so far failed to provide. Untrustworthy... bordering on fraud.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

This is the worst website I have ever seen. I’ve actually been on Bumble for over a year. I’ve had about six times I’ve had a match with somebody and they never sent me a message. Two or three of those actually extended it another 24 hours and then never contacted me so in about 14 months no contacts. Didn’t talk with anybody. What a waste of time.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Truth, I went on the app because my gf doesn't have the upgraded phone to use the mobile app...pretty savvy of them that you have to be part of the Apple World. So I swiped to see something with a Bumble buzzword like a Bumble Boost...and it took out 79.00 out of my Apple account. OMG. No one to speak with, the site itself is stupid and not user friendly. This girl who has so much publicity about herself with Match wanting to buy her out should be ashamed of herself. I contacted Apple and they said I can't get the money back. I'm a woman that lives with a man and have no desire to go on this app - can't even use it. What a waste and from the looks of the men - OMG - they are all of one ethnic background. You can't even choose a religion if you want to - totally a scam.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I emailed this company about a week ago (since there is no customer service phone number and this is the only way to reach them) regarding possible glitches in the app and matches appearing and then right away disappearing. It says they will respond in 2 days. I have received no response. This is a pricey dating app to not have any customer assistance. Poor business and I am very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I will get a reply from someone and they disappear during the conversation. One time a person showed up with 6 hrs left and then gone. Too bad this site is like this because it could be good, step up and fix this!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Bumble dating app his nap Acacian focused towards women and empowering women. However in my experience Bumble has been very discriminatory against males and in fact even went as far as to block me for unknown reasons and left no contact information, no proof of why they blocked me and no response to my emails. I did nothing out ordinary. I never used any comments a sexual nature. Never violated anyone's rights. My pictures and profile did not violate anyone's rights or offend anyone. I contacted Apple iTunes who is the representative for them and they said that it's Bumble's problem. The only response that I had from Bumble was that my profile received many complaints and when I asked for proof and reasons why they provided none.

I think contacted iTunes again who is the representative, when I made them aware of the fact that I did not behave in any unjust manner I suggested that maybe speaking my opinions and being open might of prompted women to become annoyed and complain. However I believe stating an opinion is a right that every American citizen has. Again I am not sure why Bumble block me however this is the only thing that I could possibly think of as being the reason.

Like I said earlier I acted in totally mature and upfront manner... iTunes suggested that algorithms from the Bumble app might've picked up certain words stored them and then compared them to a complete. However if this is the case I believe that and computer algorithm is governing a company and leading an unjust decision against someone's rights to participate. Again I asked iTunes and Bumble for proof of these actions which would prompt them to block my profile and neither provided any information on this matter. Please advise me. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I can spot racism when it happens. I made a stupid mistake and was kicked off Bumble. When I was first kicked off I went to their -Terms & Conditions (TAC) to find out what I had done wrong. I really had no idea. I am a military brat & I take rules very seriously. I was confused after reading it so I went to a forum of people who were banned. I was told that I was banned because I had sent sexy pictures in my messages & that my messages were not considered private. I must admit my comprehension is crap. It always has been mostly due to my sleeping disorders. I had read their (TAC) to say that "I couldn't 'Upload' pornography". So I thought this is so people didn't "Upload" them to the first pictures everyone else can see. When I put a picture in a message I don't "Upload" it, I just pull it from my gallery.

Also the last pic I sent was only of me in a sexy swimsuit, making a playful face. I'm extremely curvaceous & I have never been able to get away with the same thing ** girls do. Bumble's (TAC) says it will only give "Certain" people a warning? When I went and saw who the founder Whitney Wolfe was it didn't surprise me that I was not one of those people. You just get a feeling from her pic that she doesn't like beautiful, strong, ** women. Bumble also kicked me off the same day I renewed my subscription. They did it like within the first few hours after they took my money. They obviously knew they were going to ban me. Why take my money from me?

I wrote them this long letter explaining, and apologizing and asking if I could try a whole new profile and there would be no problems. I told them about my PTSD and the trauma in my life that made me that way. I told them how the app is like therapy at times because just having matches to flirt with makes you feel less alone. They never replied and kicked me off again when I tried to make another profile. Which I had put in my about me "Don't send me dirty pics or think I will send them to you. This is a classy joint". It was a declaration of the fact I knew I would never mess up again. It would not have hurt them to have allowed me to stay on the site.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

A friend recommended this site to me so I enrolled for 1 week. Many of the same face as POF and Match so there are many new people. I started a conversation with 2 people and somehow they were gone... as in vanished... Now I can't get in touch with them. At one point, Bumble asked me to widen my search so I did. Now I am seeing people from Ohio and Michigan. I live in a major metropolitan area... there are no men here? Not worth the time or money (and I only spent $8.99).

Original review: July 29, 2017

Bumble in general no one really speaks to you. The support team are absolute twits and are 100% useless. I was with Bumble for a while and I had a issue. I wrote to them after not receiving any help at all. They deleted my account and said I cant use it anymore because I have wrote too many complaints because they wouldn't help me. Absolute **. I don't recommend this app. If you have the same issue, I'm sure the pathetic team won't help you either. It was nothing I did, just the software issues.

Original review: July 27, 2017

A mate said to try Bumble. Firstly you need a Facebook account. I don't have one because I think it's very sad that people post pictures of their dinner in a restaurant... etc etc and say 'hey world look at me'!!! But I thought why not. I opened a Facebook account and signed into Bumble. Can't even get past the page that says 'you have to be 18 or over to use this site' just sends me back to the homepage... What a load of rubbish. Deleted Bumble app and deleted Facebook account. A total waste of half an hour.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I am a user of five different dating apps and Bumble was the only one that blocked me. They also blocked me without any explanations. According to Bumble's guidelines: "If you don't follow these guidelines, you'll receive a warning. If you ignore this warning, you risk losing your account." I did not get any warning at all. So I was blocked from one day to another without warning nor explanations.

Original review: April 20, 2017

The iOS app does not work properly. I've paid for a pretty pricey membership and the app does not unmatch people or block them when I've selected to do so. I've sent over 30 emails to customer service in the past 2 weeks and not a single response to any of my communications.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

The price is great. There is a lot of site that try and do this but they wanna feed off your emotions and your bank. These people just wanna help you and not kill you. I have found some really great people on here. The quality is top notch. I never seen a better site. I will say hands down this is top of the dating sites and I know I will love them for time to come. You can only talk to who you want. You do not have to worry about weird matches that does not tailor to you. I have never had a problem with them before and I hope not to. The use on the phone is so easy to use and very nice. I love how I can access it from anywhere and I don't have to worry. This site is so great and I will continue.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

The service was valuable because I was looking for a match for a friend of mine and even though no match was found I would try again. It needed to be more detailed because and have more options to contact them and have more free options. The matches were good. I think there should be more perimeters for it so people will get what they are really looking for and make sure that both people are safe - that they are not meeting someone dangerous. I think the privacy setting were okay. I think all privacy settings should be as secure as they can be but I know they can't because there is always a hacker out there who is smarter.

Bumble Company Information