1.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

66 Bumble Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Don’t give Bumble any of your money. They will scam you and you can’t get your money back! First of all, these jerks banned me for no reason whatsoever. I read their guidelines, which are very short and concise. I never offended any user (hardly spoke to anyone), and my photos were legit and were the same ones the entire time. The other guidelines are routine like any other app or dating site. Since they won’t tell me who was responsible (which is fine), they won’t even tell me which guideline. If there were complaints, none were forwarded to me earlier.

Second of all, I’m pretty sure they just banned me because I was critical of their app and was very vocal about it – but what I’m saying is cohesive of what others are saying. I did get a warning when I was critical about their app, but seriously, this app is BAD!!! Bumble is such a bad app that doesn't work and it’s very sketchy overall. Let me go over some of the details that are apparent. The only thing I can think of is what I did is directly message users outside of the app. However, if people leave their contact info, such as their Instagram account, then that’s Bumble fault. Some women didn’t like me saying hi, but I told them where I found their username. Others were nice about it. So maybe this is why I was banned?

Either way, I don’t see why it’s a big deal to leave a social media contact on your profile. Of course, no site wants it because they would lose money. After your swipes are depleted and no profiles are available to swipe, you can wait a few hours and a few more will show up. I doubt these people just signed up so quickly in your area during that time, especially since you won’t get a match. This begs the question as to where these profiles came from all of a sudden. It’s definite that a lot of profiles are either fake or old profiles from the archives to get people to stick around and pay for boosts.

You may get the odd match here and there, but overall, you will run out of profiles. If you’re new, there will be a lot of profiles, but eventually, it won’t take long to “run out” again. You want to try this app without giving a crap? Put in a cheesy movie, keep your eyes on the TV, and swipe right the entire time. Just do it to see what happens. Without even knowing it, you will get a lot of fakes or old profiles and you probably won’t get any matches, especially if you’re a man. There were MANY times where I got a match from someone I clearly didn’t swipe “right” on. I don’t like to “blind” swipe. I used to do that a long time ago. So if these are legit, they’re “old matches”. And of course, none of them message me first anyway, so this confirms my statement here.

I actually ran into a lot of friends who said they deleted their profile a long time ago and was upset to see it on there. This happened many times. This also happens on Tinder as well, and I’ve had friends that I’ve run into that weren’t happy to see their profile still up. So this begs the question of Bumble keeping your profile, even if you deleted the profile from within, and the app on your phone. Many people aren’t active on this app. They deleted it but may have forgotten to delete their profile first. Bumble should “purge” these profiles or at least send them a warning about inactivity after, say, 1-2 weeks after not signing in. Then they can re-download the app and then delete the profile and then the app again. Otherwise, you’re sifting through old profiles all the time.

You keep seeing the same people time after time after “x” amount of days, weeks, or whatever the case is. This is very annoying. If you swipe “left” you shouldn’t see them again, UNLESS you want to. So have a feature that allows you to see previously left-swiped people from, say, over a 1-2 months ago. Otherwise, what I’ve had to resort to now, is blocking those people so I don’t see them again, which is something that nobody should have to do, nor what I want to do. Otherwise, when these types of apps keep doing this, it just looks like a cutthroat way to ask for us to “pay for more swipes”. You could literally swipe for hours and get no matches after several days or weeks. You may get one and I guess some women will swipe right for you once your profile has time to get out there. But you can’t message the woman unless they write you first, which doesn’t happen too often because they have a 24 hour window.

If they have no push notifications, they won’t even know about the match and it will expire. Do they have the option to at least receive a text or an e-mail? Nope! Alerts aren’t always feasible if they’re trying to save data. Either way, not being able to say hi to someone is just bizarre, and the dumbest thing about this app. Is it because women complain about weird messages? Well this is the only app where women go first. There are many instances where I saw a match I really wanted to pursue only to have it expire. The 24 hour daily extend wasn’t enough. Also, they could have swiped me a long time ago and no longer use the app. If notifications are turned off, they won’t know if they get a connection and therefore won’t respond. Can‘t they get an e-mail as well? I get the notification, but as a guy, I’m powerless to do anything.

Bumble has a clear partnership with Tinder, yet they deny this. Have you ever swiped for a while on one of the two apps, and then went on the other, only to see some of the same profiles on both during those times? I sure did, a million times! On many occasions after I see a profile on Bumble app or Tinder, I would switch to the other, only to see the same profile shortly thereafter. It’s definitely safe to say that people use both apps, but the coincidences of seeing the same person so quickly after going on the other app are far too numerous. Something is very wrong here! Women say hello and talk for a bit and then disappear. I don’t know if they’re signing in any more or ignoring my messages. They didn’t block me or anything, they just don’t say hello when I reach out to them and this happens too much. Perhaps these profiles are no longer active or they don’t come on anymore.

Again, this is the issue of not being active on this app and it’s a waste of time to keep saying hi. What is the point of showing that they have an Instagram account if you can’t view it? On Tinder you can click on a photo and see the app, and chose to make contact on there if you want. It’s just an excuse to sneak in more photos. Guess what though – most if not all of those photos are against Bumble's TOS on their regular photos. It’s a dumb feature! The 14 day boost trial is a very annoying pop-up to see. Have it on another section of the app and if people are interested, they can use the boosts. It’s so annoying to see this “advertisement” come up so many times. I don’t want to see the stupid thing!

Speaking of which, the Bumble Boosts are useless. All it does is allow you to extend matches longer. But again, if they don’t see that you’ve matched, it’s useless. You might as well just keep the match in limbo until they see it. And if their profiles would get purged, that would be the end of it. Considering your app has mostly negative reviews, (on Consumer Affairs and iTunes) I can see why. Can you just run a normal app without all these problems and loopholes that they’re mentioning? Worst dating app ever – I was so dumb to have used it for as long as I did. Do anything else people, just don’t use dating apps.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I just signed up for a one week subscription to Bumble but instead they charged me for 6 months which I can't afford. I wrote them instantly but they refused to switch me to what I wanted! This company should be shut down!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

So I usually do not put money into apps (no matter what type) only because I work in the industry and know better. Now I heard Bumble was getting people results in the dating app world so I decided to go against my own grain. I went ahead and purchased the "Boost" option to see what all the fuss was about. What do you know right after the transaction my matches disappeared and I have not seen any in a month. Funny as there was always matches displayed before the purchase, hmmmm...

To top it all off this app is littered with fake profiles and bots to entice the user to be active in the app, especially on the "DM" side. This is basically a "game" in a better sense, if you're bored and want to swipe on profiles you hope to date in your wildest dreams. This app will be deleted once my subscription is up. How is this app even an affiliate sponsor to the Clippers anyways with all the bad rap?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

App promotes automated bots and fake interactions. Bumble App misleads users to believe they have genuine interaction so they can spend money on the App, only to realize it's a dud. DO NOT Spend any money on this APP. Waste of Time, Energy and Money. OKCupid and theinnercircle.co is a better option.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I am not here to glorify or criticize about the dating sites. I will only share my experience and realization of the dating apps. I’ll be talking about two apps, Bumble and Tinder. About a week before when I was sitting drunk at a bar in Dallas, I felt lonely. I had no one to talk to next to me except the bartender who was more focused on counting her tips than anything! For the first time I decided to download an app to find a nice girl who will be fun to hangout with. It didn’t take too long before I already had Bumble and Tinder downloaded and started working on the profile.

As soon as I started browsing I found out it’s predominantly a white bees zone. Being a brown I started feeling little insecure already. Anyways you will find some profiles of hottest chicks here, no doubt! I went through their pictures and believe me or not, her dog has more pictures than herself. If there’s 5 pictures then 3 of them are of that four leggy! For a moment I thought I am in a dog matching site and I’m one of them with a tail in front. However, they are not only hottest chicks but also the tallest! SMH! It seemed to me the freaking tallest girls are out for hunting only. Where are the Lilliputians?!? I’m 5’7” and the girls are like 5’8” and up.

After struggling with the height when I made it to full profile then I realized I’m in a wrong business. I should have opened a taco place or gym. Almost every girls there have three things in common: Dog, Gym and Taco. Another thing girls have in common is that they are looking for a comedian. “If you can make me laugh then you have my heart” they wrote. Comedians have better chance than regulars I guess. Apparently no one was looking for “hook up”. I believed them! I went back to my profile and edited that I am not looking for any random sex here. I realized most of them on this app were single mother who looking for someone matured enough to be mentally and financially stable.

One day later I got notifications that I have two likes but I can’t see unless I upgrade to Bumble boost! I did accordingly and little I knew there were surprise waiting for me. Two giant bees were waiting for me! Oh Lord! I could easily fit inside either one of them and there would still be room for someone else next to me! I said to myself, "Calm down and this is not what you deserve! Better things are coming." I waited another day and got a notification that someone matched me. I opened the app and there is nothing!

I emailed the authority and never heard from them. That’s when I realized Bumble is not a place for a bee like me, considering Dallas. However I had a plan B and I implemented that. Advice: The profile that has close up picture of person’s face only, they are out of shape! Compare the pictures. Most likely you will find the first picture to be a picture of younger age and second last one is the recent one (if there’s any). Don’t trust the profile without picture and bio. Good Luck!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

For over 3 days now, I am not able to access my account. Whenever I open it a message appears asking me to verify it with a "selfie". I have contacted the customer service. They are not helpful at all. They keep sending me unrelated information on verifying my profile! I keep saying in every message I send to them that I don't want to verify the account and I just want to access it. Even when I try all the verification options that might work still nothing happens and I am not able to log in. I am very frustrated with their service. I can't even create a new account! They keep ignoring the technical problem and kind of blaming for not being able to verify the account. Although I keep saying I don't want to verify it and I just want to access it and I have tried to verify it over and over again and it didn't work. They made me sound like a broken record. They shouldn't call themselves customer service from the start!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I had a profile on Bumble for a couple years and then recently I had a "bad date" with one guy and he asked for a 2nd date and I declined (after he started cussing at me via text message) after our first date. It's very suspicious that soon after that I am not able to access my Bumble. Just stops working. No warning. No notice. I’m left having to ask Bumble by email (the only way to reach them) what happened. They told me that I was permanently banned and this decision is final. It was a canned response with no personalization to it. I followed up telling them what happened to me. They said that "we have received several complaints about your profile. After an investigation and much consideration, we have made the decision to permanently block your account for being in violation of our guidelines." They offered nothing more. No details.

They don’t care one hoot about me, or any of their users. Even when I asked them for further details, they did not answer or respond to me. Even when I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, I was ignored. I told the guy I went out with (that I'm a dating coach) and being honest and genuine, I also told others that I had been messaging that I’m a dating coach for my job when they asked me what I do [for work]. I also think that the guy I denied to go on a second date with “reported” me of "marketing or soliciting" my services to them (and maybe other vengeful guys with low self-esteem who jumped to incorrect conclusions about my motives for being on Bumble). I was genuinely looking for a real relationship, NOT to market my dating coaching services to men! I NEVER tried to sell ANYTHING to ANYBODY or market my dating coaching services to anybody.

These men’s claims were simply not true, but because several people thought the same thing (unfairly and jumped to conclusions about my motives for being on Bumble), they got Bumble to notice and “permanently ban” me. These men were spiteful against me and their claims were NOT true. And after they “reported” me, Bumble did NOT take proper investigative actions and read my conversations with these men. IF they had, they would have found NOTHING as far as me trying to “sell my services” goes through their app.

I responded by saying: "I would like to speak to a manager or somebody else about this matter who can re-review my case. I want to appeal your decision. I carefully reviewed your guidelines and I believe I was NOT in violation of anything. Can you please tell me what guideline(s) I was in violation of? I am truly on Bumble looking for a long term partner and relationship for MYSELF (NOT for my dating coaching business). Anyway, I have since removed any hints that I am even a dating coach, and also from my Facebook profile (I removed it as well), because I didn't want the two linked together to potentially upset others. I thought that it would be "cool" to state that I am Vice President of my dating coaching business, but I guess some men got the wrong impression and wrongly "reported" me. I am extremely upset that Bumble "banned" me and I would like you to reconsider this decision and let me have my old profile and access back."

Bumble said, "I'm afraid we can't comment on individual cases for privacy reasons. All complaints are investigated to their fullest extent, and all decisions are final." Bumble did NOTHING to help me. Even when I gave them FULL disclosure about my situation. They also stated, "As a company rooted in kindness, respect, and online accountability, we expect all users to comply with our guidelines in the Hive. We want to ensure that Bumble remains a fun, friendly and most importantly safe place to make connections. Our decision about your profile cannot be changed and exceptions will not be made."

If they were truly a company rooted in kindness, respect and online accountability they would have done an actual thorough investigation instead of ruin my chances to meet men using their app. It's hard enough being single, and a much as Bumble sucks, it also sucks not having access to another tool to try to help you out. Bumble is a company with some unethical, unfair, unintelligent and cold-hearted people in it. Anybody can be “reported” for anything on Bumble (even before you swipe left or right on them), and your whole profile will be deleted without any recourse or reasons. A warning to all: use anything other than Bumble!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I am here to put a review about Bumble and how they treat the ushered of that dating site. Well surely I have had worst experience with Bumble and their consumer service. Fact is they even can’t explain why they ban people from dating site for no reason? 2 weeks ago been barred from the site as couldn’t log into it when I was abroad so contacted them and received an email saying someone complain about me so if anyone complain about you for no reason based on your appearance or bio they can bar you. So that insane well, Bumble is not even explained it or do anything about it. I will defo use another site. Don’t need Bumble. It’s poor and service is low standing. Advice to others don’t use that dating site. There plenty other dating site you can use are free and more friendly. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I purchased a one week subscription and it automatically renewed. Yes, it was in the fine print, but most reputable companies will give you your money back on the subsequent renewal, just to be decent. Not Bumble! They'd rather have your money than your affection. Figures!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Joined for one month for 24.99. Next thing I know they took 34.99 from my card for coins I did not purchase. The below email is what they sent me. I don't even have an Apple cell phone! Authorization by fingerprint or Face ID approval? This is sick. They won't refund my money. See their email below: "Thanks for contacting Bumble. We really appreciate your explanation about this purchase. Purchasing Bumble Coins requires authorization by either entering your Apple ID password, Fingerprint approval or Face ID approval. As the purchase was made on an Apple device, it does mean the purchase is directly taken from the bank account associated with your Apple ID."

"Our Terms and Conditions state that purchases such as these are non-refundable. As all payments go through Apple via the Apple ID associated with the device the purchase was made from. Any disputes or queries about this case can be handled by an Apple representative using the following link: https://expresslane.apple.com. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. Let us know if you have any other questions!"

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

To get me to sign up it showed that I had 50+ matches "waiting" to talk to me, immediately after paying that number went down to about 9... none of which were the guys that I had "swiped right" on. I immediately wrote Bumble regarding this and that this was not right and I wanted my money back. Waiting to hear from them. I'm going to cancel asap and never use this site again. Very shady business practices right from the get-go - and first impressions are important. Also, some of the profiles of men who I could talk to without paying seem like they might be fake. After reading the other complaints, I think this biz should be shut down and fined.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Following deletion of my account, I was never informed that I had to cancel my subscription through iTunes and I have been charged months after not using this app. Bumble is refusing to refund my money.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I downloaded the app and was casually browsing through it, a few menus kept popping up and before I knew it I received a message telling me my credit card would be charged for $79.99 for services that I did not ask for or authorize. I immediately attempted to contact Customer service but they have no phone number listed, so instead I kept receiving automated emails telling me I would not receive a refund for this purchase I never made. I called my credit card company to let them know to dispute the transaction and I also called the Apple store who informed me they would be able to stop the transaction. I then filed a complaint with the BBB and I removed all credit cards from my phone and AppleID, this is a predatory company that scams people and takes advantage of those who aren’t very tech savvy or don’t watch their money closely, stay away at all costs.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Their app is horrible to use, no flexibility. AND... you have to be EXTREMELY careful where you click or they STEAL money from you without your consent. I signed up for 1 week to try it out and was so disappointed with this piece of crap that I wanted to cancel but of course, there is no easy way to do that. I clicked on one area that I thought might be the place to do that, and low and behold, they charge me $50!!! Without any authorization. I HATED paying $10 for 1 day for the week I signed up for... let alone have them STEAL $50 for making it so difficult to get out of their ** site. I am absolutely LIVID!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I first heard about Bumble this week from my aunt and she convinced me to give it a try. I was hesitant because of my experience on POF. The men on Bumble seem to be more of substance but, no one is chatting or holding a conversation with you which makes me believe that story that some of these profiles are bought for you to think you have a chance. Another way for the upsell - do not fall for it. I came close to upgrading because out of 15 matches only 2 conversation that only went up to 3 messages. At least on POF you got a lot of conversation but most of the men are about nothing. I am not impressed at all!!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Ever used the apps from OkCupid, PlentyOfFish, or Coffee Meets Bagel? Bumble is really no different, the only real difference is that the woman starts the conversation. Also, most of the same people are on Bumble that are on the other apps I mentioned. I've done dating apps on and off over the years, following a bad break-up and haven't found any amazing men on any of them. I find that most of the men on these apps are of the same breed: broke, not truthful about their career, ages, expectations of the relationship, or all of the above. I'm also convinced that there are a lot of fake profiles. It's truly a sad thing to see.

Probably the worst part about Bumble is that it finds you matches based on your current location, which means anyone in the area visiting or traveling can be "matched" to you, so basically if you're looking for a fling, this is the site for you! They also only want you to pay for using the app. I was getting notifications that I had a ton of matches to view, but of course you could only see them if you paid. First few days of using the app, I had a ton of matches but obviously that was only to encourage me to pay for the app, as the matches since have been very few. Like most dating websites and apps, I'd say don't bother. There has to be a better way of meeting people than this route.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

A few days into the experience, lots of opportunities to buy their coins in exchange for a better experience with the women who supposedly have profiles on the site. After swiping right on over a hundred profiles and no reactions from ANYONE I have to figure the statistics are not probable. I started noticing the verbiage of profiles had very similar statements with minor variations. I discovered that these sites are able (and encouraged) to purchase dating site profiles. Look for a legal business that does this: https://www.usdate.org/. It makes sense to prey upon the personal vulnerability of people who want to trust a service to provide. One of the oldest social tricks in the world.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I recently started the online dating see, which to me is an awful experience no matter what site I use. Whatever happened to talking in the gym, or parties? I first started with Tinder and that is no different than Bumble. Being savvy in website building and tracking, I quickly realized that the profiles seemed fake, or vacant. There are companies that sell fake profiles for dating sites and teach the owner of the site, how to play the real customer into buying upgrades. Millennials asked for this scamming because they want dating sites to be flooded quickly with profiles and have instant gratification.

Before I start on Bumble’s review, I did actually meet a lady on Bumble who was really nice, looked like her pics, but not much of a match. She told me, she’s been on the site for 4 months, and has not talked to, had a return match message, and certainly has not met any man from Bumble, till me. I also met a nice beautiful match on Tinder, but that's for another review. Real profiles do exist on Bumble, but very few, and you have to swipe many times before you actually find one. Instagram ladies, are on both Tinder and Bumble solely for the purpose of getting IG followers.

Back to Bumble. I was told about Bumble by a friend of mine who did not use Bumble but was told by another friend that it was ok. So, I tried it and still trying it. I am convinced, after swiping through over 1000 ladies profiles, with only 2 ladies that actually spoke on the phone and 1 meeting me, that Bumble’s profiles are mostly vacant, abandoned, or were purchased fake profiles. Since Bumble makes the lady reply first on a match, one would think a lady would respond better than "Hi" and or "Hello", with no other dialogue. When I responded to those matched messages, the lady said nothing more. Mind you, a guy can NOT message the lady till the lady has accepted your match and messaged first.

Even more frustrating, if the lady changed her mind, after her initial "HI" message, you would think she would delete your match and move on, but that wasn't the case. The matches would just sit there in your message box, eventually and automatically delete after 24 hr. I even said to the messaging ladies "Hello are you still there?" "Should I delete our match if you're not going to continue messaging"? Still, I got no reply. This tells me, it's a moderator sending a initial contact to lead you on and stay on the site to buy or membership upgrades. Women by nature are investigators, and read everything. If they matched with you, that means they pre read your profile, maybe looked you up online and then message with many questions, eventually wanting to talk on the phone. Since, this only happened twice out of 1000+ profiles, and 11 matches that never contacted with their initial message, I am sure this site is a scam. But I didn't stop there!

I then decided to show my websites, allowing the ladies easy ability to look me up directly. My websites have traffic counters which show where a searcher entered, with city locations, dates and times. After, I added the websites URL's I returned to endless swiping of profiles not discriminating anyone. When I looked for the next 48 hours on my click counters, not one person used those links. Hmmm. As for all the reviews on here, they are spot on about their experiences. Customer contact is poor, they come back with weak answers and in my opinion, monitor your profile so harsh, they prevent you from having freedom of speech. Having done my swipe test on Bumble, I can safely say it's a big FUMBLE and a scam site. In my opinion, Apple should take them off the app store.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Paid for a yr subscription. And after one month of being a member Bumble decided to change the software/update the app. And since my phone and tablet are 4 yrs old, they aren't compatible with the app. Contacted customer service and their response is "looks like you need to get a new phone/ tablet to use Bumble." Complete **, so one month of Bumble cost me 80 plus dollars. A complete scam.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I have contacted Bumble for a third time regarding my supposed “deleted profile.” I am still getting messages from users on my Instagram messaging me directly trying to connect as they come across my profile on Bumble. I contacted customer support and they told me that my profile had been deleted. But I kept getting messages from Bumble users on Instagram. After a ridiculous and long back and forth with their customer support a second time, they apologized and told me that my profile, in fact, wasn’t deleted and that they would delete it. Mind you, I did a hard delete before I ever contacted Bumble support. I am now finding out, 3 months later, it is still not deleted. Do not trust this unethical app, they keep profiles up after users have deleted them then lie about it!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

People should that this site makes it also impossible to delete the account and they continue to bill you even after you deleted the account. This Bumble site nickel and dimes you to death. DO NOT SIGN UP - they offer free sign up but then charge you and keep charging you every month.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I was on Bumble for a year and at the end of this period of time, wish I hadn’t bothered, for the following reasons: - most bios are terribly short (I never liked someone without a bio thinking that if they cannot even make that effort they aren’t worth my time) and you don’t get an idea of who people are until you have spent quite a lot of time messaging them; - because men aren’t incentivised to make an effort, the app tends to attract men who are either lazy or entitled (or both) and I think it is one of the reasons men on the app generally behave pretty badly; - because it is free and doesn’t require any set up effort, you do get men who are very short term oriented (not looking for a relationship, not ready for one, lots of players, lots of men who are either broke or have serious let’s say relationship issues).

I found that a lot of matches do not even bother responding (may be 1/2 or even 2/3 of men don’t respond) - most probably because they “game” the app (ie they swipe right all the time out of laziness and to get attention and messages) so I ended up not bothering with any witty introduction line and limited myself to “hello” just to see if the match was responsive.

I did have quite a lot of dates (am reasonably nice, attractive, smart, wealthy...) but 50% of men were horrendous (only talked about themselves, or shared fairly extreme political views when they sounded ok through messaging) and the other 1/2 never followed up with plans; I think out of laziness especially given that they were the ones making plans but nothing ever materialized. I still find this astonishing (why make plans in the first place... just let it go if you don’t want to meet again) and thought it must be me. But then I tortured myself trying to understand what I did wrong until I discussed this with female friends and realised they all had similar experiences. Avoid this app. Mostly attracts very short term oriented men who either try and have sex with you on a first date (hikes) or cannot be bothered having a second date.

Original review: July 27, 2018

This thing is so inaccurate. Customer service is useless. I thought I would try the $24.99. The miles are so inaccurate. It determines someone by the location of your phone. I would always wait till I got home from work to try because I am 50 miles away from home when at work. I would get notifications that someone likes me and then I click on it and it wouldn't show me. No menu to show who likes you. I finally decided I wanted to cancel this thing after reading all the bad reviews. It says go to app in Play Store and go to subscriptions and then hit cancel. There was not subscription. Then it says go to menu on Bumble and go to Bumble boost and hit manage, uh nope nothing comes up after you hit Bumble Boost. What a crock. They take forever to get back to you. They stall so they can bill you. You have to cancel through your bank. That's how I did it.

Original review: July 8, 2018

This is app is horrible. Constantly shows the SAME people and they don’t even have to have a bio!! Always glitchy and crashing. Only ONE picture is required and it doesn’t even have to be them. It can be scenery!! What is that!? NO customer service whatsoever and if you complain they block your account and steal your money. I paid $49.99 for 3 months of service and they refuse to refund me so I filed a dispute with my bank. Entire company is a SCAM!!! STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

The two problems that have been most frustrating to me are 1) The location of a potential match is determined through GPS, so it appears that they live in my city, but they may just be visiting, traveling through; etc. 2) You are going on very little information; at times just a photograph, or a brief description. I am a busy person and want to get some sense of a person's values, interests and other areas of compatibility before investing time in establishing a connection. I want to see a detailed profile and compatibility questions answered. I regret having been drawn into paying for a subscription; especially since there is no way to get a refund once you do. If you find yourself in this position, make sure to cancel it through iTunes on your phone, or you will continue to be charged once this subscription runs out.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Thankfully my friend called me to tell me about a profile on Bumble that had numerous pictures of me with my children from 7-9 years ago. Someone ripped off pictures from my FB account and illegally created a profile. That is sick. This application should be taken down immediately. I am going to contact the police and Bumble immediately.

Original review: June 29, 2018

7 weeks ago I joined Bumble and it seems like a great app to use for free! Filled out the profile with great details and numerous respectable photos. I'm fit, I look great, have job, no previous drama gf, no kids, no drugs, no smoke, no alcohol, my interest and hobbies are almost everything! So finding common ground was the only issue and should've been easy. 6 weeks go by and I must've liked 300 people, zero likes back, zero messages. I was like what's the deal here.

So I decided to make a 2nd account using my sister's info and photos to see if we could find each other, if likes could be exchanged, and if we could exchanges messages. She lives close about 7 miles away. So set the filters up to 10 mile radius. Flipped through about 30 people and I did find her, but my profile was nowhere to be found! So I figured Bumble gave me some free tokens, decided to try a super like! Well she never received it! So I learned if you ain't paying, then you ain't a playing. Went to confront Bumble on their app reviews and Facebook and they blocked me, but told me to write them my issues on their facebook page!??!

So here's what I learned from the free end, no one will ever see my profile! Now maybe if I were to pay for a subscription, then maybe they could see my profile, but hell I'm not gonna do that because if I have any problems I'm up ** creek with no paddle for help from this company. Which explains the no likes and no messages. I see other people here giving it a 5 star review and it may have been 5 stars before, but now it's not even a star. The people running Bumble should be put in jail, for false advertisement/ misrepresentation/ collecting data under false pretenses / and I'm sure theres others that I'm not aware of!

Original review: June 22, 2018

On a scale of 1-10, I would give this dating 0 star. A bunch of thieves who will drain your account. When you subscribe, it tells you when to cancel if you don't want to be charged but even if you that, you will incur numerous charges from this company. The dating service itself does not work - a big scam.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Last summer I subscribed to this dating app. It had very few dating matches offered in my area but I had purchased a 3 month membership. Before the end of the 3 month period I deleted my account and app, so I thought. What I did not realize is the account was set to continue renewing until I went to iTunes to stop the charges. Somehow emails that came every 3 months got by me without my notice. I am not one to check email frequently and especially if it appears to be junk mail.

So just yesterday I discovered they have charged me over $200 in renewal fees since last summer when I deleted the account. I contacted both Bumble and Apple and neither were willing to refund my money. I feel it should be unlawful to set up a system that requires the user to opt out of a renewal system. It should be the opposite. If a consumer wants their account to renew then they should have to take an action to opt in. I plan to continue to try to get my money refunded for a service I was not using. To me, this is a slippery way for companies to make money on consumers who are not diligent to look out for such loopholes.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Oh, where do I start?! ONE-- You don't really know if the person you may fancy lives within your desired area or not. It goes by the GPS on their phone, so you may think they are within your vicinity, and they could live 1000 miles away (think pilots, or even people visiting family, vacationing, or traveling on business). TWO-- I did end up purchasing a 3-month membership because a guy popped up that looked interesting to me. I thought it was weird because I hadn't swiped right on him, so I shouldn't have been able to see that he swiped right on me. But, I was intrigued and paid for 3 months in order to "meet" him (I could only see his picture). Turned out, he lives in San Antonio, which is WAY out of my range (I live in Dallas). We've kept up a friendship, but that is the only good thing that has come from this App. But, I'm still suspicious about how he came into my purview when I didn't have a "membership" and I didn't swipe on him.

Is it crazy to think algorithms may have played a part in the app making someone who interested me enough to PURCHASE a “membership” show up my end, even though that's not how it works. (If you pay for the app, you get notifications when people have swiped on you, even if you haven't swiped on them -- and you can see their picture and all their information. I could only see his picture, but he looked nice, so I paid to get the rest of his information (hook!).) But I don't trust these things, and will always be suspicious about that.

THREE-- Guys are stupid. I think a lot of them swipe on every girl; that way they know when someone swipes on them. Then, they get to decide if they really are interested in you. Or, maybe it's just an ego trip. If they swipe on everyone, they know when someone was interested enough to swipe on them, but they weren't really interested in you, so they don't keep up a conversation. IDK. Just weird. FOUR-- Before my "membership" expired, I hadn't had a "hit" in weeks. Of course, once my membership expired, I started to get notifications of men who had (supposedly) swiped on me. (LOL! Don't take the hook.)

FIVE--Finally, AND THIS IS THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK. I did get a hit a couple of days ago, where this guy and I both actually swiped on each other (believe me, that's RARE! ), and we started a conversation. Of course, I (as the woman) have to start the conversation (and by this time I'm thinking, "I hope you're not some jerk who swiped on everybody." LOL). He responded (and he actually sounded interested, not just stupid), and I responded back. Well, suddenly the conversation just "disappears". What?!? I'm guessing you (Bumble) don't want people to meet each other unless they are paying for your app. Sheesh! Sorry, this is so long. And, to think I've only been using this app since January. Haha. Very disappointing. (Note: I am 54-years-old, so I’m sure the experience is different for each age group.)

Bumble Company Information