3.7/5 (399 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Bumble

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Bumble Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

Bumble is a complete waste of time. As a woman, it takes time and energy to match with men. Then when you receive a response, the men don't take the initiative to connect outside of bumble. As an adult, I'm too busy communicating with men who are beta or too weak to make a connection outside the app. In addition, you also run into the men who feel deserving and entitled to ask you for a sexual relationship without earning such a thing. So the app is a waste of time.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

Bumble failed to protect me—and banned me instead. Earlier this year, I saw a woman I met through Bumble for a second date. Like during the first date, we went for a walk and conversed, and ended up at my place for dinner. There was no attempt at intimacy from either party. During our conversation, the woman I went on a date with, who, I had just learned, had a history of neurodivergent behavior and of being domestically abusive, became triggered when I mentioned that her face was hard to see in her profile pictures. She then became verbally abusive so that I retreated to the kitchen, then into one corner of the kitchen, asking her to leave. Which she refused to do; instead, at one point, she took all her clothes off and stood, stark naked, in my living room.

After half an hour of verbal abuse (some of which I recorded) and unpredictable behavior, I called the police. The woman left before the cops arrive, but harassed me online for weeks to come: Nocturnal phone calls, threatening emails, spreading misinformation to my employer, etc. I reported her to Bumble that night, but never heard back. Instead, I myself was banned a few days later, without me receiving any justification. My conversations on Bumble had always been very coy, and I remain on good terms with people I have dated, so I know for sure that there was no good reason to ban me.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

This app is not effective. The matches don't match what I'm looking for and you're lucky if you get one or two a day if any... The men can't initiate contact... Try something else. Customer service needs work.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

At first I thought this app was great as I was getting a lot of recommendations in my location, but as time went on I would be lucky to even get 3 now. I even updated my distance to 50 KM and still 3-5 a week. If I am lucky to get a match they just never message me for whatever reason. It's nice that the lowest membership price is below $10, were as most sites charge over 40$ just to see who likes you. On the rare occasion, I get a like that pretty much happens once every few months and most of the time they live WAY out of my location.

Usually, they live in an entirely different city than me. I get my hopes up thinking they are near me so I pay for the membership only to see for example they live in let's say Calgary and I live in Toronto. I'd personally only want to do in-person dating, not online. So that's why I'd like for them to be in my location. I will say this app is a lot better than most apps or sites out there such as POF, Match, OKCupid. But for the suggestions, it's not that great.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I contacted Bumble immediately when I saw a charge on my account, asked for a refund, and was denied. I had to contact Apple for the refund and got incredibly rude and nasty customer service from Bumble when I reached out. I would NEVER purchase from them. I highly recommend only using their free services and download multiple apps if needed. Do not purchase anything from Bumble.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I signed up a day ago, and I have already experienced a lot of unfavorable instances from this site. First, I was asked to swipe and I did not knowing that I would be charged extra on top of the membership. I got excited when my liked climbed up to 50. I took a chance by saying hi to these guys. I've noticed later on that some of these good looking guys who put a check marked on my profile their pictures have changed. Then, I tried to changed the area of my search hoping to get more choices. But I was given pictures of women. Mind you, I'm not a lesbian. I had to go back and reset my search.

Finally, there was a guy who took the time to chat with me. But he was rushing to start the conversation so I gave him my backup cell phone number. Well, this guy was very charming and we connected quickly. But got the shock of my life when the wife intervened and started harassing me. I immediately reached out to customer support to issue me a refund and cancel my account. They replied back by giving me pointers to finish my account and be more detailed with my profile. I tried again to post my complaints but nothing happened. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO THIS SITE. They will only take your money and leave you in the gutter. I have better luck in other sites. They need to close down BUMBLE!

Original review: July 29, 2022

THIS DATING APP IS A FRAUD, DO NOT PUT MONEY IN HERE, IT IS A FRAUD. 99% fake profiles to lure you in and make you spend money. It is a Fraud, a cash crab, DO NOT PUT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION ON THIS APP.

Original review: July 5, 2022

There were no matches for me. I cancelled and then they charge me. I contacted them several times with no help. I will be deleting this app as soon as I finish this review. There is no phone number to call!!!

Original review: June 30, 2022

I set up my account with pseudo name I normally use and wanted to update it. You cannot change your name yourself. You have to send a request. I told them what I wanted to change it to and they told me that it has to be my real name. Even though my real name was NEVER listed. I also see other profiles with pseudo names. Don't waste your time or money.

Original review: June 23, 2022

The structure and design of Bumble is set up to get you to buy more features to get further responses/reactions. I had 4 dates/meetups in a week's time - not bad but after a week, without purchasing Bumble upgrades/services - you become invisible. Also, the empowering nature of the app causes many not so-nice-behaviors and rudeness from users. Not all users but many. Sad - I suspect longer-term Bumble users will ultimately be very unhappy and lonely.

Bumble Company Information