1.14/5

57 Bumble Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Joined for one month for 24.99. Next thing I know they took 34.99 from my card for coins I did not purchase. The below email is what they sent me. I don't even have an Apple cell phone! Authorization by fingerprint or Face ID approval? This is sick. They won't refund my money. See their email below: "Thanks for contacting Bumble. We really appreciate your explanation about this purchase. Purchasing Bumble Coins requires authorization by either entering your Apple ID password, Fingerprint approval or Face ID approval. As the purchase was made on an Apple device, it does mean the purchase is directly taken from the bank account associated with your Apple ID."

"Our Terms and Conditions state that purchases such as these are non-refundable. As all payments go through Apple via the Apple ID associated with the device the purchase was made from. Any disputes or queries about this case can be handled by an Apple representative using the following link: https://expresslane.apple.com. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. Let us know if you have any other questions!"

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

To get me to sign up it showed that I had 50+ matches "waiting" to talk to me, immediately after paying that number went down to about 9... none of which were the guys that I had "swiped right" on. I immediately wrote Bumble regarding this and that this was not right and I wanted my money back. Waiting to hear from them. I'm going to cancel asap and never use this site again. Very shady business practices right from the get-go - and first impressions are important. Also, some of the profiles of men who I could talk to without paying seem like they might be fake. After reading the other complaints, I think this biz should be shut down and fined.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Following deletion of my account, I was never informed that I had to cancel my subscription through iTunes and I have been charged months after not using this app. Bumble is refusing to refund my money.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I downloaded the app and was casually browsing through it, a few menus kept popping up and before I knew it I received a message telling me my credit card would be charged for $79.99 for services that I did not ask for or authorize. I immediately attempted to contact Customer service but they have no phone number listed, so instead I kept receiving automated emails telling me I would not receive a refund for this purchase I never made. I called my credit card company to let them know to dispute the transaction and I also called the Apple store who informed me they would be able to stop the transaction. I then filed a complaint with the BBB and I removed all credit cards from my phone and AppleID, this is a predatory company that scams people and takes advantage of those who aren’t very tech savvy or don’t watch their money closely, stay away at all costs.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Their app is horrible to use, no flexibility. AND... you have to be EXTREMELY careful where you click or they STEAL money from you without your consent. I signed up for 1 week to try it out and was so disappointed with this piece of crap that I wanted to cancel but of course, there is no easy way to do that. I clicked on one area that I thought might be the place to do that, and low and behold, they charge me $50!!! Without any authorization. I HATED paying $10 for 1 day for the week I signed up for... let alone have them STEAL $50 for making it so difficult to get out of their ** site. I am absolutely LIVID!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I first heard about Bumble this week from my aunt and she convinced me to give it a try. I was hesitant because of my experience on POF. The men on Bumble seem to be more of substance but, no one is chatting or holding a conversation with you which makes me believe that story that some of these profiles are bought for you to think you have a chance. Another way for the upsell - do not fall for it. I came close to upgrading because out of 15 matches only 2 conversation that only went up to 3 messages. At least on POF you got a lot of conversation but most of the men are about nothing. I am not impressed at all!!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Ever used the apps from OkCupid, PlentyOfFish, or Coffee Meets Bagel? Bumble is really no different, the only real difference is that the woman starts the conversation. Also, most of the same people are on Bumble that are on the other apps I mentioned. I've done dating apps on and off over the years, following a bad break-up and haven't found any amazing men on any of them. I find that most of the men on these apps are of the same breed: broke, not truthful about their career, ages, expectations of the relationship, or all of the above. I'm also convinced that there are a lot of fake profiles. It's truly a sad thing to see.

Probably the worst part about Bumble is that it finds you matches based on your current location, which means anyone in the area visiting or traveling can be "matched" to you, so basically if you're looking for a fling, this is the site for you! They also only want you to pay for using the app. I was getting notifications that I had a ton of matches to view, but of course you could only see them if you paid. First few days of using the app, I had a ton of matches but obviously that was only to encourage me to pay for the app, as the matches since have been very few. Like most dating websites and apps, I'd say don't bother. There has to be a better way of meeting people than this route.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

A few days into the experience, lots of opportunities to buy their coins in exchange for a better experience with the women who supposedly have profiles on the site. After swiping right on over a hundred profiles and no reactions from ANYONE I have to figure the statistics are not probable. I started noticing the verbiage of profiles had very similar statements with minor variations. I discovered that these sites are able (and encouraged) to purchase dating site profiles. Look for a legal business that does this: https://www.usdate.org/. It makes sense to prey upon the personal vulnerability of people who want to trust a service to provide. One of the oldest social tricks in the world.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I recently started the online dating see, which to me is an awful experience no matter what site I use. Whatever happened to talking in the gym, or parties? I first started with Tinder and that is no different than Bumble. Being savvy in website building and tracking, I quickly realized that the profiles seemed fake, or vacant. There are companies that sell fake profiles for dating sites and teach the owner of the site, how to play the real customer into buying upgrades. Millennials asked for this scamming because they want dating sites to be flooded quickly with profiles and have instant gratification.

Before I start on Bumble’s review, I did actually meet a lady on Bumble who was really nice, looked like her pics, but not much of a match. She told me, she’s been on the site for 4 months, and has not talked to, had a return match message, and certainly has not met any man from Bumble, till me. I also met a nice beautiful match on Tinder, but that's for another review. Real profiles do exist on Bumble, but very few, and you have to swipe many times before you actually find one. Instagram ladies, are on both Tinder and Bumble solely for the purpose of getting IG followers.

Back to Bumble. I was told about Bumble by a friend of mine who did not use Bumble but was told by another friend that it was ok. So, I tried it and still trying it. I am convinced, after swiping through over 1000 ladies profiles, with only 2 ladies that actually spoke on the phone and 1 meeting me, that Bumble’s profiles are mostly vacant, abandoned, or were purchased fake profiles. Since Bumble makes the lady reply first on a match, one would think a lady would respond better than "Hi" and or "Hello", with no other dialogue. When I responded to those matched messages, the lady said nothing more. Mind you, a guy can NOT message the lady till the lady has accepted your match and messaged first.

Even more frustrating, if the lady changed her mind, after her initial "HI" message, you would think she would delete your match and move on, but that wasn't the case. The matches would just sit there in your message box, eventually and automatically delete after 24 hr. I even said to the messaging ladies "Hello are you still there?" "Should I delete our match if you're not going to continue messaging"? Still, I got no reply. This tells me, it's a moderator sending a initial contact to lead you on and stay on the site to buy or membership upgrades. Women by nature are investigators, and read everything. If they matched with you, that means they pre read your profile, maybe looked you up online and then message with many questions, eventually wanting to talk on the phone. Since, this only happened twice out of 1000+ profiles, and 11 matches that never contacted with their initial message, I am sure this site is a scam. But I didn't stop there!

I then decided to show my websites, allowing the ladies easy ability to look me up directly. My websites have traffic counters which show where a searcher entered, with city locations, dates and times. After, I added the websites URL's I returned to endless swiping of profiles not discriminating anyone. When I looked for the next 48 hours on my click counters, not one person used those links. Hmmm. As for all the reviews on here, they are spot on about their experiences. Customer contact is poor, they come back with weak answers and in my opinion, monitor your profile so harsh, they prevent you from having freedom of speech. Having done my swipe test on Bumble, I can safely say it's a big FUMBLE and a scam site. In my opinion, Apple should take them off the app store.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Paid for a yr subscription. And after one month of being a member Bumble decided to change the software/update the app. And since my phone and tablet are 4 yrs old, they aren't compatible with the app. Contacted customer service and their response is "looks like you need to get a new phone/ tablet to use Bumble." Complete **, so one month of Bumble cost me 80 plus dollars. A complete scam.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I have contacted Bumble for a third time regarding my supposed “deleted profile.” I am still getting messages from users on my Instagram messaging me directly trying to connect as they come across my profile on Bumble. I contacted customer support and they told me that my profile had been deleted. But I kept getting messages from Bumble users on Instagram. After a ridiculous and long back and forth with their customer support a second time, they apologized and told me that my profile, in fact, wasn’t deleted and that they would delete it. Mind you, I did a hard delete before I ever contacted Bumble support. I am now finding out, 3 months later, it is still not deleted. Do not trust this unethical app, they keep profiles up after users have deleted them then lie about it!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

People should that this site makes it also impossible to delete the account and they continue to bill you even after you deleted the account. This Bumble site nickel and dimes you to death. DO NOT SIGN UP - they offer free sign up but then charge you and keep charging you every month.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I was on Bumble for a year and at the end of this period of time, wish I hadn’t bothered, for the following reasons: - most bios are terribly short (I never liked someone without a bio thinking that if they cannot even make that effort they aren’t worth my time) and you don’t get an idea of who people are until you have spent quite a lot of time messaging them; - because men aren’t incentivised to make an effort, the app tends to attract men who are either lazy or entitled (or both) and I think it is one of the reasons men on the app generally behave pretty badly; - because it is free and doesn’t require any set up effort, you do get men who are very short term oriented (not looking for a relationship, not ready for one, lots of players, lots of men who are either broke or have serious let’s say relationship issues).

I found that a lot of matches do not even bother responding (may be 1/2 or even 2/3 of men don’t respond) - most probably because they “game” the app (ie they swipe right all the time out of laziness and to get attention and messages) so I ended up not bothering with any witty introduction line and limited myself to “hello” just to see if the match was responsive.

I did have quite a lot of dates (am reasonably nice, attractive, smart, wealthy...) but 50% of men were horrendous (only talked about themselves, or shared fairly extreme political views when they sounded ok through messaging) and the other 1/2 never followed up with plans; I think out of laziness especially given that they were the ones making plans but nothing ever materialized. I still find this astonishing (why make plans in the first place... just let it go if you don’t want to meet again) and thought it must be me. But then I tortured myself trying to understand what I did wrong until I discussed this with female friends and realised they all had similar experiences. Avoid this app. Mostly attracts very short term oriented men who either try and have sex with you on a first date (hikes) or cannot be bothered having a second date.

Original review: July 27, 2018

This thing is so inaccurate. Customer service is useless. I thought I would try the $24.99. The miles are so inaccurate. It determines someone by the location of your phone. I would always wait till I got home from work to try because I am 50 miles away from home when at work. I would get notifications that someone likes me and then I click on it and it wouldn't show me. No menu to show who likes you. I finally decided I wanted to cancel this thing after reading all the bad reviews. It says go to app in Play Store and go to subscriptions and then hit cancel. There was not subscription. Then it says go to menu on Bumble and go to Bumble boost and hit manage, uh nope nothing comes up after you hit Bumble Boost. What a crock. They take forever to get back to you. They stall so they can bill you. You have to cancel through your bank. That's how I did it.

Original review: July 8, 2018

This is app is horrible. Constantly shows the SAME people and they don’t even have to have a bio!! Always glitchy and crashing. Only ONE picture is required and it doesn’t even have to be them. It can be scenery!! What is that!? NO customer service whatsoever and if you complain they block your account and steal your money. I paid $49.99 for 3 months of service and they refuse to refund me so I filed a dispute with my bank. Entire company is a SCAM!!! STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

The two problems that have been most frustrating to me are 1) The location of a potential match is determined through GPS, so it appears that they live in my city, but they may just be visiting, traveling through; etc. 2) You are going on very little information; at times just a photograph, or a brief description. I am a busy person and want to get some sense of a person's values, interests and other areas of compatibility before investing time in establishing a connection. I want to see a detailed profile and compatibility questions answered. I regret having been drawn into paying for a subscription; especially since there is no way to get a refund once you do. If you find yourself in this position, make sure to cancel it through iTunes on your phone, or you will continue to be charged once this subscription runs out.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Thankfully my friend called me to tell me about a profile on Bumble that had numerous pictures of me with my children from 7-9 years ago. Someone ripped off pictures from my FB account and illegally created a profile. That is sick. This application should be taken down immediately. I am going to contact the police and Bumble immediately.

Original review: June 29, 2018

7 weeks ago I joined Bumble and it seems like a great app to use for free! Filled out the profile with great details and numerous respectable photos. I'm fit, I look great, have job, no previous drama gf, no kids, no drugs, no smoke, no alcohol, my interest and hobbies are almost everything! So finding common ground was the only issue and should've been easy. 6 weeks go by and I must've liked 300 people, zero likes back, zero messages. I was like what's the deal here.

So I decided to make a 2nd account using my sister's info and photos to see if we could find each other, if likes could be exchanged, and if we could exchanges messages. She lives close about 7 miles away. So set the filters up to 10 mile radius. Flipped through about 30 people and I did find her, but my profile was nowhere to be found! So I figured Bumble gave me some free tokens, decided to try a super like! Well she never received it! So I learned if you ain't paying, then you ain't a playing. Went to confront Bumble on their app reviews and Facebook and they blocked me, but told me to write them my issues on their facebook page!??!

So here's what I learned from the free end, no one will ever see my profile! Now maybe if I were to pay for a subscription, then maybe they could see my profile, but hell I'm not gonna do that because if I have any problems I'm up ** creek with no paddle for help from this company. Which explains the no likes and no messages. I see other people here giving it a 5 star review and it may have been 5 stars before, but now it's not even a star. The people running Bumble should be put in jail, for false advertisement/ misrepresentation/ collecting data under false pretenses / and I'm sure theres others that I'm not aware of!

Original review: June 22, 2018

On a scale of 1-10, I would give this dating 0 star. A bunch of thieves who will drain your account. When you subscribe, it tells you when to cancel if you don't want to be charged but even if you that, you will incur numerous charges from this company. The dating service itself does not work - a big scam.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Last summer I subscribed to this dating app. It had very few dating matches offered in my area but I had purchased a 3 month membership. Before the end of the 3 month period I deleted my account and app, so I thought. What I did not realize is the account was set to continue renewing until I went to iTunes to stop the charges. Somehow emails that came every 3 months got by me without my notice. I am not one to check email frequently and especially if it appears to be junk mail.

So just yesterday I discovered they have charged me over $200 in renewal fees since last summer when I deleted the account. I contacted both Bumble and Apple and neither were willing to refund my money. I feel it should be unlawful to set up a system that requires the user to opt out of a renewal system. It should be the opposite. If a consumer wants their account to renew then they should have to take an action to opt in. I plan to continue to try to get my money refunded for a service I was not using. To me, this is a slippery way for companies to make money on consumers who are not diligent to look out for such loopholes.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Oh, where do I start?! ONE-- You don't really know if the person you may fancy lives within your desired area or not. It goes by the GPS on their phone, so you may think they are within your vicinity, and they could live 1000 miles away (think pilots, or even people visiting family, vacationing, or traveling on business). TWO-- I did end up purchasing a 3-month membership because a guy popped up that looked interesting to me. I thought it was weird because I hadn't swiped right on him, so I shouldn't have been able to see that he swiped right on me. But, I was intrigued and paid for 3 months in order to "meet" him (I could only see his picture). Turned out, he lives in San Antonio, which is WAY out of my range (I live in Dallas). We've kept up a friendship, but that is the only good thing that has come from this App. But, I'm still suspicious about how he came into my purview when I didn't have a "membership" and I didn't swipe on him.

Is it crazy to think algorithms may have played a part in the app making someone who interested me enough to PURCHASE a “membership” show up my end, even though that's not how it works. (If you pay for the app, you get notifications when people have swiped on you, even if you haven't swiped on them -- and you can see their picture and all their information. I could only see his picture, but he looked nice, so I paid to get the rest of his information (hook!).) But I don't trust these things, and will always be suspicious about that.

THREE-- Guys are stupid. I think a lot of them swipe on every girl; that way they know when someone swipes on them. Then, they get to decide if they really are interested in you. Or, maybe it's just an ego trip. If they swipe on everyone, they know when someone was interested enough to swipe on them, but they weren't really interested in you, so they don't keep up a conversation. IDK. Just weird. FOUR-- Before my "membership" expired, I hadn't had a "hit" in weeks. Of course, once my membership expired, I started to get notifications of men who had (supposedly) swiped on me. (LOL! Don't take the hook.)

FIVE--Finally, AND THIS IS THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK. I did get a hit a couple of days ago, where this guy and I both actually swiped on each other (believe me, that's RARE! ), and we started a conversation. Of course, I (as the woman) have to start the conversation (and by this time I'm thinking, "I hope you're not some jerk who swiped on everybody." LOL). He responded (and he actually sounded interested, not just stupid), and I responded back. Well, suddenly the conversation just "disappears". What?!? I'm guessing you (Bumble) don't want people to meet each other unless they are paying for your app. Sheesh! Sorry, this is so long. And, to think I've only been using this app since January. Haha. Very disappointing. (Note: I am 54-years-old, so I’m sure the experience is different for each age group.)

Original review: May 30, 2018

Don't waste your time with this ** system. It is a complete waste of time as no one cares about anything else other than what you look like. Who you are doesn't matter. Worth anything on that system and it is complete **.

Original review: May 16, 2018

The site is such a scam. I live in a medium sized city and rarely does anyone popup. Most of the popups are between 70-100 miles away. It's hard to believe that there is not a single person within 30 miles of me. Total WASTE of money.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Swipe right and you become Cinderella. I have only been on Bumble twice, a year and half and on my first swipe to the right dated a great guy for a year an half. It happened again within 24 hours, second time around and this time around fairy tales do happen. Met the man of my dreams and madly in love, and it's as good as it gets. I did not pay for the app and was blessed. There are happy endings and it's not a waste of time.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I signed up for the dating site Bumble paying $74.99 for 6 month of “boost”. After the first day there are no new people each time I log in. I have expanded my search to 150 km and the age range has a ten year span. Occasionally I get one new person pops up otherwise it’s empty. I have contacted the company several times only to get an automated response. I want my money back.

Original review: April 25, 2018

When I logged on to the Bumble app dating site I was very suspicious because I was hardly getting any matches at all but whenever I have gone on to any other sites like Tinder or any of the other dating sites I would get literally a hundred or more matches. What confirmed my suspicions was when I saw a friend of mine that I've known for years but kind of lost touch with on Bumble and I pressed to match with him so that I could get back in touch with him and I know he would have matched with me so that he could get back in touch with me but he never did so I knew something was wrong.

I knew they were controlling how many matches we can get and who we can talk to. My suspicions were confirmed when I finally got fed up one week later and got off of Bumble and went back on Tinder and ran into that same friend on Tinder who immediately matched with me on Tinder. We went out for a drink the next night and sure enough he did try to match with me on Bumble! I am more convinced than ever now that Bumble is completely crooked and they are controlling who can talk to who and how many matches you can get! I was not a paying customer and I think they do that to try to discourage me to get me to pay! They are totally crooked and I will never use Bumble again!

What makes me really angry about this is that they are messing with people's lives! If people go on there and they think they're being rejected when they're not! They may also see someone they really like and they automatically think that person is not interested when they may be and then if they see them on another dating site they may ignore them thinking that person rejected them on Bumble! I think that is just terrible to mess with people's lives like that! I think those crooked people should be sued. I hope some paying customers will file lawsuits against these crooked scum-of-the-earth garbage people who run this thing.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Please discontinue my subscription. It's not working for me, I wasted $42 for 3 months, yet I can not chat with anyone. Only to swipe LEFT and RIGHT. So What? No communication. And step I have to pay extra 34 dollar coins. Can't understand why all this expenditure. Please discontinue my subscription. We can't even talk to customer service. Is this a scam???

Original review: April 3, 2018

I tried to cancel my account and cancel recurring payments because I actually met someone. 1st of all it's very difficult to find a phone number for customer service for Bumble. Secondly when you do call it's India and they're very rude. I called and explained my issue and then he said that he would call me back that night which I thought was odd and then he never called me. I had to call him. Then it turns out he could have just emailed me. The whole thing was a cluster and very unprofessional.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I don't like it you have fakes and liars. FOR 1 example Owen ** said he was 67. In real life he's now 75. Lied period. Smokes weed all the time. Likes to cause conflicts. Tries to make women feel bad about themselves. Especially when they don't do what he wants. Tries to act like their father. I offered to help him clean up his house and he got mad because I stopped. I told him that it's not my house and l wasn't cleaning anymore. He wasn't and it's his house. Besides l didn't know him like that. Then he tries to grab on and force his hands. That don't fly with me. So please cancel my account now.

Original review: March 20, 2018

To whom it may concern, Bumble and Google Play will not refund you 80$ after they auto charge you if you didn't cancel the subscription. I contacted both parties the day of the 80$ charge, and both would not honor refund. This is poor business practices. Please don't support a business that won't refund you a charge the day of the auto charge!!!

Bumble Company Information