3.6/5 (350 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Bumble

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Bumble Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble?

Original review: May 11, 2022

The company claims they take things serious, they do not. 99% of the profiles are fake. I am tired of this. I'm done using them. The app wants money, nothing else. They claim no refunds, that's load of crap. I got my money back regardless there is nothing they can do, this app needs to be shut down period.

Original review: April 21, 2022

So, I'm athletic, handsome, adventurous, brave, honorable and wealthy enough to be traveling to Italy, Albania, and Greece this year for a month. After hundreds upon hundreds of right swipes (between 500-1,000), I have received 0 matches. I used Bumble in 2019 and matched with someone back then but, that was three years ago. And of course, it didn't work out. She wanted someone wealthier than I, and that is perfectly fine.

Is it Bumble or has woke politics, mandates, and super hero movies put women's expectations to very illogical levels? Is my income too low? Do you need to be a millionaire now to find a date? I'm extremely polite and well mannered, on par with chivalrous men from my grandparent's generation so I know crude behavior isn't a factor. What's the catch? Paying for the subscription doesn't work at all. Nothing changes except you get to see people in your Beeline that don't match up with any of your preferences and they live nowhere remotely close to you.

Either Bumble is a scam or women have raised the bar so high that their expectations will never be met by anyone. Either way, after three weeks of everyday use and trying the preferred subscription for a week, Bumble has landed me zero dates and three likes from women I had no interest in. The numbers just don't add up. I guess it's possible people have changed so drastically in the last few years that anyone who doesn't talk like a teenager desperately seeking praise for their TikTok videos doesn't stand any bit of a chance. Feel free to give Bumble a try but DO NOT pay for it. It is pointless. You will be scammed.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2022

They are scammers and will charge you unfairly! I tried Bumble, paid for the premium subscription and said I would give it a month. Knowing how these subscription services will keep charging, I set a calendar reminder on my phone to cancel before the charge due date. After a month and NO dates at all and few conversations with men, I cancelled my subscription THROUGH THE APP. I used my credit card for the account and after cancellation I was not charged the next month, but a month later I was charged through my Apple account and told I did not cancel correctly. This was total waste of time and they now have money that they will not refund. STAY AWAY. They will steal your money!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

Not sure why no one responds to any of my right swipes. I don't believe the app works. Two weeks and only one response. It seems like the profiles of women are fraudulent. You can't tell me that after 600+ women that none of them responded to me. That would mean that I have a 0.0016 chance of a woman responding to my profile which I seriously doubt is the case. If I was fat, bald and unemployed then yeah, I could see that being the case but I am a fit, handsome, active and fully employed guy. This site I don't believe truly works to connect guys with women.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

Bumble outright sucks. Every day I get notices about 2-3 ‘Likes’ to my account. Click on the button that takes you to Likes and guess what? The two or three likes arent there! Not kidding. They don’t make it to the account I pay for. They go to limbo land. Why? Because when I complain about it, their software cant even find the account attached to the ** complaint. They found a way to bill me though. ** for software means you get no connections. Even from the folks who like you daily. The first couple days I couldn't move ANY of the slide bars. Stuck. I couldn't therefore tell people worthless details like how tall I was. Or what age range I wanted to be considered for. Or what geographic range. You smelling what I'm cooking? One. Worthless. App.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Thieves, thieves, thieves. Idiotic security settings with picture recognition imperfect to say the least. Kicking out customers out of their accounts and asking for new picture uploads - and naturally the uploads do not work. Not worth your money. It seems this company is more like a Russian scam than anything else.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Sneaky and money-grabbing company with very poor customer service. They continued to charge me after cancelling my subscription and despite many emails, they have not and will not refund me. There is plenty of honest competition out there!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I had tried Bumble a couple of years ago. Bad experiences. Was stood up countless times, men were just wanting casual sex, they lied, they put photos on their profiles the at were many years and pounds ago (I'm talking 10, 15, 20 years ago and the men in person were 10, 15, 20, 30 pounds heavier). Pretty bad for a company that promotes itself as women friendly. One day last week I decided to install the app on my phone and made the very deliberate decision to only opt for one day subscription just to see if things looked like they had improved. They hadn't. Quite a number of the profiles were of men from my previous bad decision to use Bumble. Again, photos on a number of profiles were 'old'.

That night I uninstalled the app, and cursing myself for thinking for a moment that things might be better. Silly me. BUT Bumble kept taking $4.99 out of my account every day for 5 days until in desperation I rang my bank and cancelled the card I attached to account. I tried, in vain, for three days to find a contact number so I could talk to someone at Bumble. Guess what? No number to call when there is a problem. I tried emailing and explaining my dilemma and I kept getting responses from a Freddie in customer service that uninstalling the app won't cancel subscription and to read Ts &Cs as it tells you how to cancel.

This is not made clear on the small screen of a phone. Bumble should make this very clear, in big print at top or near top of home screen. I kept responding to Freddie that because I had uninstalled app I had no way of canceling subscription. I got onto app again and again it was unclear as to how to cancel. It was obvious I wanted to cancel but Bumble kept draining my account every day. $4.99 a day may not sound like much (it is when you don't have app on your phone and you are not using the service) BUT, I am a single mother of a child with special needs. I am a relief teacher and due to covid and three surgeries on my esophagus at the end of last year. I have not earned income since beginning of November last year.

Here in Australia we have Christmas and Summer break from last week of December until beginning Feb. I think I'm down to last maybe $700 in both my bank accounts and here in Canberra whether schools go back when scheduled has not yet been decided. I have a mortgage to pay, medical bills, the list goes on. That is why my intention was only ever to check Bumble out for ONE DAY!!! In extreme distress I cancelled the card I had used which is costing me $15. Adding that to the nearly $20 Bumble has drowned out of my account I am now only buying groceries only absolutely needed, cancelling medical appointments, putting my life at risk and am absolutely disgusted at Bumble's business model.

Oh, apart from issues with my esophagus, I have a rare condition called fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD), a disease of the arteries which in my case has manifested itself as multiple aneurysms throughout my body. Some have been treated and some not. Most concerning is the two untreated aneurysms in my brain. The American Stroke Association states that, "Experiencing strong emotions such as being upset or angry will raise blood pressure and increase risk of cerebral aneurysms rupturing". My daughter's special needs and my FMD are why I cannot work fulltime. Being a secondary relief (substitute) teacher is bad enough considering my FMD. Bumble was not only draining my bank account in return for NO service or product, they are putting my life at risk. Please, please any vulnerable single people out there, don't touch Bumble with a ten foot pole. As to Bumble promoting themselves as being women friendly, I don't think so.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I’ve subscribed to Bumble on and off for about 2 years. My number one complaint is that they hid your profile in order to keep you coming back. I got a number of swipes throughout my time on the app, most of the men are out of my range even though I set it for 50 miles. When my subscription is about to end, I will usually unsubscribe in advance even though it won’t end until the actual end date but what happens is you will suddenly stop getting any likes. I’ve tested this and driven to Los Angeles, Palm Springs, etc. and opened the app … Still not likes even though I get a lot but AS SOON as my my subscription actually ends all of a sudden 50+ LIKES show up but I cannot see then until I subscribe.

It’s a trick they use to keep you coming back. I sent them an email regarding this 3 times and they make lame excuses. For the past 2 weeks I’ve received maybe 2-3 likes but my subscription ended today and I now 50 LIKES have suddenly appeared that I cannot see. I refuse to allow Bumble to continue this unethical practice. Please don’t waste your money!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

So I was just getting into dating apps, I have no social media or anything. I spent $200 or so for the lifetime experience cause I thought to myself, maybe I might up using this app. Well the app was right swiping people I didn't like when I tried to swipe away, didn't allow me to state my personal preferences and what exactly I was looking for. To top it off it claimed it was hate speech. Just another app suckering up to the land wokeism agenda lead by the liberals in their lala land. I would not download this app or use the website, its bias for the people searching for others alongside nonrefundable? Purchases after you ban me, ban me with zero warning. Find a better website or app.

Bumble Company Information