3.7/5 (215 ratings)

About Monster.com

Monster.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Very bad service by Monster recruitment, they are nicely talking till they get money, don't care to serve the customer. They promised something and not honour it. Don't go with them and waste your money, better put it in trash instead of paying to monster.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have purchased the career booster at Monsterindia.com and I am satisfied with the amount I paid for. The Team has been very professional and cooperative. Though I have received a opportunity after 3 months of paying for the Xpress resume+ service, it is a relevant opportunity.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

As recruiters, we have a system of testing and retesting different job boards. We haven't used Monster.com in years, so wanted to try them out again against our staples of Indeed and Linkedin. We paid $650 for a month of access and didn't get one interview from it. That same spend on Indeed would get us 1 or 2 hires. I would stay clear of this group and look elsewhere.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I created a profile and resume on Monster a few days ago and made sure it was private on not public view. I had not yet applied for any positions. I had my most personal information listed on my resume and profile due to when I apply directly with a company of my choosing, I will know the company, that it's truly local and trust them with my info. Well, I started getting MASS amounts of emails from all over the country, mostly foreign names, mostly claiming to be placement agencies in which I am NOT applying with and some are completely fraudulent. Monster allowed all my most personal information to be in public view although I was careful to make sure I chose it was NOT. VERY UNETHICAL and scary company. They have lost their morals and values. STAY AWAY, it's not the Monster Jobs of long ago when they honored your choice of not allowing public view of your information.

I may have to change my email address due to this mess and a lot of important people/companies have my email who are trustworthy. I am beside myself and scared it's all going to end up all over the internet, sold to data brokers or whatever the sleeze all over the internet is called who publishes everyone's info against the will of the person. My personal info is not on the internet due to a stalking situation...so yes, I am beside myself. I had no idea that Monster had become regular sleeze and Career Builder did the same thing...However, I did apply for two jobs to what I thought was an actual company opening, not a placement agency. After I applied to them, same thing, mass crazy crap coming in and for jobs I have no experience or education in...because it's a scam.

After I applied to one of the companies, I get an email from a company with a totally different name...I figured out that it was the company I had applied to...It was food service industry in which I do not work...A customer service rep from Monster said that all he could see was my WA Work Source Account, so these people have access to that as well. Funny, I don't have anything on public view on Work Source, but I do have an account, scary times, be careful, the companies that use to have morals, values, and were trustworthy are no longer these kinds of companies...I am making a complaint to the AG and even thought of a class action law suit, but right now I am just really upset and very sick at the thought of my personal info...address, phone, email, all my previous employers in the hands of mass people, many frauds, most with foreign names. BEWARE, DON'T SIGN UP with Monster or Career Builder...Find another way to seek out open positions in your area.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I have been looking for a job for 2 months. I waited until very recently to add my resume to Monster.com. Almost immediately after submitting my resume, I started receiving a constant stream of spam calls from overseas call centers for irrelevant temp jobs. Not a single call about an actual relevant, full-time position. Apparently "allow employers to contact me" means "immediately sell off my information to anyone and everyone that wants it". After using services like LinkedIn and Indeed, Monster.com just feels incredibly cheap and spammy and I honestly don't know why anyone would use it at this point.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Monster is a total scam! My experience had been back in 2015. They charged me almost USD 200 for absolutely nothing. They kept kicking back on me with a slang-English draft of what they believed to be a "gorgeous CV"! They showed no ethics what so ever in ignoring my complaints and demands. I consider their business as illegitimate in all means. They sell honey-speech on calls! Once trapped & charged, they disclose their cheap face right away. I stopped contacting them shortly thereafter; but kept all correspondents for records.

Original review: July 10, 2020

The first mistake I made was to sign up with Monster in the first place. Shortly after that (like minutes) the SPAM began to arrive. No one reads resumes there, the scam-SPAMMERS scrape contact info and then use that to send you garbage. Like jobs that are illegal, or not even close to what my resume describes. And whatever you do, do NOT put a phone number on your resume unless you've got a number just for that. Also don't use your primary email address, create a new one because your inbox will get filled with garbage. I CLOSED my monster account including removing the content of my resume. That was in January 2018. Over 2 years ago! And I'm still getting useless emails sent to me from the monster email system. So clearly monster hangs on to your info and does NOT remove it when you close your account.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Had canceled my profile on Monster years ago and am still get recruiters emailing me for positions halfway across the country using old contact information. Not what I would use for professional searches for positions or for new staff.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Monster never disappoints. I've got a job every time I have tried through Monster.com. Go ahead and give monster a shot. I mean what do you have to lose? Every single time I try with monster.com I always succeed.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I really like Monster. It is to navigate. Always has jobs relevant to search. I like the handy tips that are on the site for instance what is relevant as far as experience. Very helpful. I believe that out of all the search engines Monster will be the one that I find gainful employment that I like.

Monster.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Monster.com began exploring the potential of digital recruiting in 1994 and has since become a popular employment website for job seekers to find potential employment and for employers to list open positions. It is a global company that services over 40 countries.

• Resume posting: While it offers the standard service of applying to jobs online, Monster also offers job seekers the opportunity to post their resumes online in order to be contacted by potential employers. This gives job seekers the opportunity to be approached by interested companies.

• Cover letter and resume help: Monster.com has numerous resources for job seekers who may need some help preparing documents. The Resume Resource Center has writing tips, sample resumes and even a service, Top Resume, that will craft a resume for paying customers.

• Career advice: With pieces about interview preparation, salary negotiations and office etiquette, Monster.com’s Career Advice section has plenty of advice for job seekers at any stage of the employment process.

• Monster Blog: The Monster Blog is a source of news for employers and potential employees focused on the employment process. It is regularly updated to keep its content topical and useful for consumers.

• Hiring solutions: Monster.com offers services to employers looking for new hires. Employers can post a job and receive up to 20 free resumes from job seekers. Other services, like accessing the entire pool of candidates or customizing emails, are available for a fee.

Monster.com Company Information