Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: Dec. 4, 2017

16 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017 collects emails addresses from individuals from its partners, then creates unauthorized accounts for those emails addresses. When those for whom the unauthorized accounts contact in order to stop emails they subsequently receive, then attempts to EXTORT information (first and last name, phone number, address, past employers, etc.) from those individuals in order to process account closure. does not provide an account verification means nor opt-out means. This complaint is an effort to bring about awareness about this organization and their illegal activities.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I have signed one year contract (on Draft Copy only not on actual contract). They tell you lot of things and make you to sign. Once you sign, they don't even bother to check with you about your experience. I cannot post the job nationwide and the website is so user unfriendly, it is very tough to navigate and find what we are looking for. Basically, they will tell you so many things and in reality you get very minimal which is not worth your money. And also for the job postings you get almost zero resumes. I have been trying to cancel my contract (though I have not signed the actual contract), they are frustrating me saying the contract cannot be cancelled. I never recommend this and looking ways to spread the work around the business community.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

They offered that there will be a big increase in the percentage of interview call if I buy the paid service. And there are many suitable vacancies in the market, and they are going to send the resume directly for those vacancies. And they will share the resumes with many other JOB consultancies. BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY INTERVIEW CALLS AFTER TAKING THIS SERVICE EVEN AFTER 3 MONTHS. To get the money they will make 10 or 20 calls per day. But after collecting the money the profile manager has vanished. And I have to send many emails to get some response.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I wouldn't use any other job finding site. Great customer service and better than most. Also, it rates number one in job finding sites.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I had an account with Monster and did not renew when I learned they have a team of 100 recruiters under a company called Talent Fusion. An email from Andrew **, major account manager at Monster, was sent to me obviously not realizing I am a recruiting firm owner minimizing our value by making statements that they are "...much more affordable than a recruiting agency." They sell recruiting firms on high priced access to resumes and job postings, while concurrently growing their own recruiting firm to compete with their customers. Isn't this a conflict of interest somewhere? Perhaps an attorney should look into a potential class action lawsuit against

How do I know I can trust these reviews about

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Original review: April 1, 2017

I run a small recruiting company and recently signed up for an expensive, one-year contract based upon a mixed, but occasionally positive experience I had with the company some years ago. Unfortunately,'s current level of advertising results and customer service is a pale shadow of what it was in the past. Most of our postings get very few resumes, period, and when resumes come in, they are very often of unqualified candidates. Some of the "resumes," in fact, are often one or two lines long!

The last time I used, they had a dedicated sales staff that provided support and guidance in how to best utilize their site. The experience this time, however, is far different. When I reached out to the company to complain about the poor experience and to seek help, I received a polite email reply promising that someone would contact me. It's now been weeks since I received that email, and despite again requesting the promised assistance, I have yet to receive a further communication from anyone at the company. Poor quality advertising & customer service support. Based upon my experience, I cannot recommend to anyone who wants to make productive use of their precious advertising dollars.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I really like It has a very convenient feature that sends jobs to me in my inbox as well as has features that allow me to share those jobs I feel suit someone else I know better. It also allows you to apply for the job while attached to the job listing. I don't like the fact that there are not reliable listings for people that would like to work from home. I would like to see more unusual work at home jobs listed rather than the traditional phone, transcriptionist and data entry jobs. That would be very useful whether a permanent job or temporary job, full or part-time. There are many people out there that would benefit from something offered like that.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

They have plenty of search options for you to look through and pick according to what kind of job you want. They send e-mails in regards to new jobs that have been recently posted. There are many reliable and credible job postings on the website. Although I was just looking and did not apply for any jobs, there were many good options for me to choose from. I will definitely use this site once I receive my master's degree and start looking for a job. I believe it will be essential towards beginning my career after college.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

The services were okay, would be better with more options for the jobs to choose from. Overall it was alright. I liked it but have seen better. Reliability was good and helpful, I would recommend to someone I know if they were searching. Not much I would change about it worthy of saying. I found my job on the website. it was useful, it wasn't the best job but I would recommend, after all I found my job on there. Satisfied with it. I didn't really need to use customer support because the website was easy to navigate but I am sure that it is good.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I liked the resume help they offered. It helped me type up my resume and it was very neat and sensible. I would use it every time I needed a job. They are very reliable. I got several hits from Monster at the very beginning of signing up. You always get a follow message when you apply for a job. The value of this service is very helpful. Without it I may not get a job. It's very good to know you can easily find a job. I needs a job and it helped. Customer service is very knowledgeable. I had several questions and they always answer email fairly quick. Always nice and very knowledgeable.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

It is very easy to navigate to find the particular job you're looking for. You type it in the search bar, enter your zip code, and you're directed to the ones near you. I'm very pleased with the amount of reliability in job searching. Although I didn't find my particular job, I know several friends that have had great results. You go search for the job you're interesting in getting. I think the price on helping anyone find a job is well worth it. It keeps me from pounding the pavement daily. You can get help from home. They have the best customer service ever. If you have a question, they will do their best to answer it. They want to make sure you find what you're looking for. Always there if you need them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I was not able to find a job, but I believe it was because my field did not have many open positions at the time. Monster was helpful in locating companies that were hiring, and it was simple to search and easy to understand. I searched Monster a few times during my job search, and I was happy to see that they were very reliable in keeping the positions up-to-date! When a position was filled or no longer available, it was taken down, and new positions were frequently added. Even though I was unable to find a job, Monster helped me motivate myself to polish my resume and keep searching. It is a reliable, professionally organized site, and I found its resources helpful and encouraging. Based on the overall impression I got from the site, I would expect it to be helpful. I've had friends who utilized this and have only heard wonderful things. I would recommend being comfortable with asking for help, as Monster clearly cares about its users!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Easy to use. Quickly sign up and search for job openings nearby. Apply for the job and quick replies from the employer. No hassles to find the job perfect for you. Anyone can use the website. The value of this website is better than the rest. No hassles to find out more information about your experience with the same employment. Happy to help.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

With, there isn't any other services that they give you. You upload resume and cover letter and that's it, there isn't. No advice, no "we think you should be interested in this." That is part of the problem. Not all jobs are listed. I have found that all jobs that are listed online they are still available and still employers are actively looking. All they do is have available jobs and it is however easy for employer to use. There isn't a customer support for people looking for jobs. At least as far as I know. I have not used it in years.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I was looking for jobs in specific areas & was able to find some openings. The site provided enough information for me to include or exclude them from list. I honestly can't attest to the reliability, since I didn't apply for or interview with anyone. I didn't have any reason to suspect the information was inaccurate. It was good that jobs in the areas I was looking at were actually listed. That can be difficult to find online. So if I ever get serious about relocating, I'll definitely look at again. I never used customer support from this website, so I don't know how to respond. I've never heard anything bad, though, so I have no reason to not trust this site.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

They pointed me in the right direction. They helped with my resume and gave advice on the interview. I was very pleased with the services. It was a very rewarding experience. I got the job I wanted with no hassle. I would recommend it to anyone looking for help finding employment. Very valuable. I was so satisfied with this service that I would use it again and recommend it to all my friends and family. Very, very, very reliable and satisfying. The customer service department was superb. I was astonished with the level of customer service they provided. Quality care. They really help.

Be the first one to find this review helpful expert review by ConsumerAffairs began exploring the potential of digital recruiting in 1994 and has since become a popular employment website for job seekers to find potential employment and for employers to list open positions. It is a global company that services over 40 countries.

• Resume posting: While it offers the standard service of applying to jobs online, Monster also offers job seekers the opportunity to post their resumes online in order to be contacted by potential employers. This gives job seekers the opportunity to be approached by interested companies.

• Cover letter and resume help: has numerous resources for job seekers who may need some help preparing documents. The Resume Resource Center has writing tips, sample resumes and even a service, Top Resume, that will craft a resume for paying customers.

• Career advice: With pieces about interview preparation, salary negotiations and office etiquette,’s Career Advice section has plenty of advice for job seekers at any stage of the employment process.

• Monster Blog: The Monster Blog is a source of news for employers and potential employees focused on the employment process. It is regularly updated to keep its content topical and useful for consumers.

• Hiring solutions: offers services to employers looking for new hires. Employers can post a job and receive up to 20 free resumes from job seekers. Other services, like accessing the entire pool of candidates or customizing emails, are available for a fee.

• Best for: is best for job seekers looking for a place to host their job materials while actively seeking employment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

The ConsumerAffairs Research Team believes everyone deserves to make smart decisions. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services. Company Information

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Let's talk

ConsumerAffairs ranks 562 on Inc. 5000 for 2017

Advertisements on this site are placed and controlled by outside advertising networks. does not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised. See the FAQ for more information.

The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information herein provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from the use thereof.