Monster.com

Compare Job Sites

Research top Job Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

They have plenty of search options for you to look through and pick according to what kind of job you want. They send e-mails in regards to new jobs that have been recently posted. There are many reliable and credible job postings on the website. Although I was just looking and did not apply for any jobs, there were many good options for me to choose from. I will definitely use this site once I receive my master's degree and start looking for a job. I believe it will be essential towards beginning my career after college.

The services were okay, would be better with more options for the jobs to choose from. Overall it was alright. I liked it but have seen better. Reliability was good and helpful, I would recommend to someone I know if they were searching. Not much I would change about it worthy of saying. I found my job on the website. it was useful, it wasn't the best job but I would recommend, after all I found my job on there. Satisfied with it. I didn't really need to use customer support because the website was easy to navigate but I am sure that it is good.

I liked the resume help they offered. It helped me type up my resume and it was very neat and sensible. I would use it every time I needed a job. They are very reliable. I got several hits from Monster at the very beginning of signing up. You always get a follow message when you apply for a job. The value of this service is very helpful. Without it I may not get a job. It's very good to know you can easily find a job. I needs a job and it helped. Customer service is very knowledgeable. I had several questions and they always answer email fairly quick. Always nice and very knowledgeable.

It is very easy to navigate to find the particular job you're looking for. You type it in the search bar, enter your zip code, and you're directed to the ones near you. I'm very pleased with the amount of reliability in job searching. Although I didn't find my particular job, I know several friends that have had great results. You go search for the job you're interesting in getting. I think the price on helping anyone find a job is well worth it. It keeps me from pounding the pavement daily. You can get help from home. They have the best customer service ever. If you have a question, they will do their best to answer it. They want to make sure you find what you're looking for. Always there if you need them.

I was not able to find a job, but I believe it was because my field did not have many open positions at the time. Monster was helpful in locating companies that were hiring, and it was simple to search and easy to understand. I searched Monster a few times during my job search, and I was happy to see that they were very reliable in keeping the positions up-to-date! When a position was filled or no longer available, it was taken down, and new positions were frequently added. Even though I was unable to find a job, Monster helped me motivate myself to polish my resume and keep searching. It is a reliable, professionally organized site, and I found its resources helpful and encouraging. Based on the overall impression I got from the site, I would expect it to be helpful. I've had friends who utilized this and have only heard wonderful things. I would recommend being comfortable with asking for help, as Monster clearly cares about its users!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Easy to use. Quickly sign up and search for job openings nearby. Apply for the job and quick replies from the employer. No hassles to find the job perfect for you. Anyone can use the website. The value of this website is better than the rest. No hassles to find out more information about your experience with the same employment. Happy to help.

With Monsters.com, there isn't any other services that they give you. You upload resume and cover letter and that's it, there isn't. No advice, no "we think you should be interested in this." That is part of the problem. Not all jobs are listed. I have found that all jobs that are listed online they are still available and still employers are actively looking. All they do is have available jobs and it is however easy for employer to use. There isn't a customer support for people looking for jobs. At least as far as I know. I have not used it in years.

I was looking for jobs in specific areas & was able to find some openings. The site provided enough information for me to include or exclude them from list. I honestly can't attest to the reliability, since I didn't apply for or interview with anyone. I didn't have any reason to suspect the information was inaccurate. It was good that jobs in the areas I was looking at were actually listed. That can be difficult to find online. So if I ever get serious about relocating, I'll definitely look at Monster.com again. I never used customer support from this website, so I don't know how to respond. I've never heard anything bad, though, so I have no reason to not trust this site.

They pointed me in the right direction. They helped with my resume and gave advice on the interview. I was very pleased with the services. It was a very rewarding experience. I got the job I wanted with no hassle. I would recommend it to anyone looking for help finding employment. Very valuable. I was so satisfied with this service that I would use it again and recommend it to all my friends and family. Very, very, very reliable and satisfying. The customer service department was superb. I was astonished with the level of customer service they provided. Quality care. They really help.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Monster.com began exploring the potential of digital recruiting in 1994 and has since become a popular employment website for job seekers to find potential employment and for employers to list open positions. It is a global company that services over 40 countries.

• Resume posting: While it offers the standard service of applying to jobs online, Monster also offers job seekers the opportunity to post their resumes online in order to be contacted by potential employers. This gives job seekers the opportunity to be approached by interested companies.
  • Cover letter and resume help: Monster.com has numerous resources for job seekers who may need some help preparing documents. The Resume Resource Center has writing tips, sample resumes and even a service, Top Resume, that will craft a resume for paying customers.
  • Career advice: With pieces about interview preparation, salary negotiations and office etiquette, Monster.com’s Career Advice section has plenty of advice for job seekers at any stage of the employment process.
  • Monster Blog: The Monster Blog is a source of news for employers and potential employees focused on the employment process. It is regularly updated to keep its content topical and useful for consumers.
  • Hiring solutions: Monster.com offers services to employers looking for new hires. Employers can post a job and receive up to 20 free resumes from job seekers. Other services, like accessing the entire pool of candidates or customizing emails, are available for a fee.
  • Best for Monster.com is best for job seekers looking for a place to host their job materials while actively seeking employment.

Compare Job Sites