1.79/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

49 Monster.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I originally created an account when I was looking for my first job as a software developer and was immediately inundated by emails and phone calls from outsourced recruiters who obviously got my details from some sort of scraping tool that saw a few keywords and my contact info and have random job located all over the US. The few I talked to immediately lost interest when I mentioned I had no experience, so it was obvious they had not actually looked at my resume.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Same as everyone else here. We paid the hundreds of dollars to get results and we got NOTHING at all. We called customer service. They said keep waiting. Still nothing. Zilch. We feel like we have been robbed. Monster doesn’t care in the least little bit it appears. You are better off trying some other company. Anybody.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I posted a job through Military.com via partnership with Monster. My goal was to reach and hire an elite level of Military personnel trying to make the transition back to civilian life. After paying for the job posting and getting ZERO clicks or views, I feel like they pretty much stole our money. You commit to paying a fee blindly, hoping that they have a ton of qualified candidates ready to go...and they do not. I called and emailed my complaint and asked for a refund, which they politely declined. They even doubled down and said that if I pay for more of their service offerings at a "reduced rate" that I would surely have more success. There are other free services available to employers that are much more effective than this one. Beware! Think twice before signing up for this service.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I am a doctor. My resume lists my 9 year of clinical experience, internships, seminars and is CLEARLY a medical industry resume. The day I signed up for Monster my inbox was flooded with scams, and I was contacted for positions ranging from insurance agent to bus driver. Even after I unsubscribed to these emails they kept coming. Then the phone calls started, 5 or more a day every day, 7 days a week. Even after deleting my Monster account I get 2-3 scamming phone calls a day from Monster.

Why would an employer want to hire a doctor for a real estate agent, insurance broker, or an attorney position??? I also got bizarre sexual and prostitution messages to my inbox that started THE DAY I signed up with Monster. This has never happened before, and I have had the same email for years. I am extremely dissatisfied with Monster.com, and if I could give negative stars I would. If this review helps even one person from posting their resume and contact information with Monster, I will feel like I contributed something to society.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I paid over $300 for a job posting to hire new employees at my business. I got no results although it is a very broad position and well above average pay for its field. Save your money and use any other service!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Do not waste your time on Monster.com in regards to finding a job. If you post your resume on that site, insurance companies and multi-level marketing agencies (pyramid schemes) will contact you endlessly via email or phone trying to get you to come work for them. It got so bad that a multi-level marketing agency claimed that I applied for a job there when I did not at all. After about a month of trying to find a job on that site, the calls and emails became overwhelming and I terminated my account there. I was able to find a job at another job site that did allow more privacy.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have availed express resume services. Kommu ** one of the executive called me and expressed the benefits in nice manner I have also availed, after one month over no response, progress in this regards I have given mail, called top reach the executive nothing. I have given CR monster, CEO monster, Info monster but none of them are replied properly. Once money transferred they neglect the paid person, for taking order they will do all ways, totally Monster is cheaters group from bottom to top, no response. They don’t have basic courtesy to reply to the customer who availed the services, this service totally waste, so don’t avail the worst, customer cheaters, services.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I wish that MONSTER.com must clearly demand clients for having their specified position #, and fully from the external company from where the position would be held within --> while that being it!!! Because foreign companies are soliciting USA citizens when job-hunting, & our Fed's fully do not care about us compared with the others.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

The website is user-friendly but sometimes the job postings can be misleading. That being said like with any job site do your homework prior to applying for a job. I have also noticed that even if you set search for a set distance you may have email updates for jobs out of your working area.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

People don't read the resumes. Contract companies are bad at this, they only search keyword and when you put no contracts they still call. I looking for a real job not a 30 day or 3 month contract.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I used Monster 10 years ago and I found my dream job within a week on Monster and I am still at my job. Monster gave me all the information about the company and send off my resume and within two days they received my resume I got an interview.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Monster is difficult and frustrating to use. It doesn’t accept certain information and has you re entering zip codes that it says are not valid, however they are! There are so many glitches in their system that slows one down. It’s very frustrating. Even to get my resume in a correct format to print is difficult. Trying to charge my list of references was a waste of time as I was unable to do so!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I find that Monster attracts contract recruiters not company recruiter. The notification process has a lot to be desired. The site is not a favorite for me. I feel this is a bottom of the barrel site.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

This site makes you download a resume unlike Indeed you just create your account and apply for job. Some of the things you need to build a resume with you don’t have & sometimes you can’t afford.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Terrible website for seeking a new job or position as I had posted my updated and current resume on there and had contacted at least 30 different companies on there with open positions in which I was fully qualified for and not one of them ever got back to me on anything. So why have a job website that supposed to have open jobs on it and no one takes the time to get back to you. Both thumbs down on Monster.com and have them taken off the internet because they are not worth the space they take up!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I used to exclusively use this company however it has changed over the years. The job website is not as user friendly. I have trouble seeing the details of the jobs listed.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Registering and using this site was a waste of my time and resources when I used it for years until I finally quit using it in 2010 when I became disable and could no longer work. Prior to that this site never landed me a job, not one. I seemed to have gotten more SCAM E-mails from scammers that use these sites to harvest e-mails and lure you with jobs that if you did them, you could find yourself in jail and flat broke. Glad I was smart enough to NEVER fall for them. I could not recommend this site for use to find a job to anyone from my horrid experience with it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I'm sure others get a lot of help from Monster. I just felt they send me the same job over and over through the years. No luck. It's possible I misunderstood what was needed, but it should have been made clear. Good luck with the site.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Monster ought to be called the Job Lottery. Never once have I received an offer - or even a response - from the meat market of dating sites. Applications are repetitive and time-consuming with little way to automate the process. Every employer requires a complete account created on their own job sites. What do I need Monster for?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Have used Monster in the past year, and found that they do not pay attention to the user's info or profile. I live in a New York City suburb and when I get job info from Monster, it's usually 30 to 50 miles out of my area or in another state nearby. Have sent emails to Monster a few times but they still do the same thing.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

They post fake jobs constantly and consistently. Just a giant database for companies that are never going to actually hire anyone. God only knows who they sell our information to.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I found this site very useless. They didn't have anything that was of any help to me, their options were pointless. Their customer service was a little better, but still couldn't put me in the right place.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I was on Monster's email list for job opportunity updates and the last emails I received (before cancelling) list UBER EATS job listings as the first 20-40 jobs in our area. I live in a small metropolitan area (200,000 people) so this seemed ridiculous. I gave up and stopped scrolling for other jobs. I called customer service to let them know that this seemed like an error and they told me that since UBER paid them they went ahead and did it. He did not seem to care that it made their site unusable. Other sites list UBER EATS once as is appropriate. Not a useful site and bad customer service in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I gave up on Monster.com because it NEVER sent correct job possibilities to me - regardless of how specific the job words/descriptions were. It continually sent such jobs as nursing, waitressing, multi-level marketing, franchises, real estate, etc.; none of which were in my categories, my field, or qualifications. Job matches were not good. The setup was nice and fairly easy; just wish the end results were better.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This company is not personal but also is not convenient as Indeed. I find the jobs at Monster do not apply to me and no personal customer service as are many but have not connected ok on this site for a job yet.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

If you want daily spam that is mostly irrelevant to the field you are in, Monster is the monster for you. It took a couple years for me to get rid of the flood of spam. Also, out of hundreds of applications, not a single interview. In contrast, I've seen great success with ZipRecruiter.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

When I was using the service, I was a very experienced high end retail manager. I filled out many applications. All I ever received was calls from insurance companies, even though I hadn’t included them in my search. It was very hard to edit your profile. I am going back about 10 years, I have no idea how they are now. I stopped using them and went to Indeed.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Their website is a nightmare. Their software sucks. They have ZERO internet support. Their customer service is rude & incompetent. They have not responded to "one single inquiry", nor provided even one job lead. They are as useless as "taste-buds" on an **!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Five times I tried to post a critical review for my last company, Fairwinds, Brighton Court, d.b.a. Leisure Care, llc, but after each time the "submit" button wouldn't "take." The webpage would just sit there and not process. I even changed the language a bit and used a different browser, but what I suspect is that Monster is shielding high-paying clients from any kind of review that's less than four stars. I was able to get through with the same review on indeed, but not Monster. The same company. It's important that my reviews get out there to spare someone the troubles I experienced with my former company so they know in advance. Monster would have you believe that everything is hunky-dory, and is only looking for love letter reviews.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I interviewed with AAA of Southern California for their Life Insurance Agent Trainee program. On July 18th I met with 2 branch managers. 1 female and 1 male. The interview was going along pretty good I thought until the female manager asked me "Do you plan on retiring anytime soon". I was taking back by this question but went ahead and answered and my reasons why I was planning to anytime soon. I felt after that question the entire interview was a lost cause. I suspicions were founded when I received a call from their HR dept this morning telling me they were passing on me. That's fine I told but then I went on to tell her of this question that was asked of me and how discriminatory it was. She got a bit nervous, apologized and said she was going to speak with her manager about it immediately. Beware of this company and don't be surprised if you're asked a discriminatory question. I was!!

Monster.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Monster.com began exploring the potential of digital recruiting in 1994 and has since become a popular employment website for job seekers to find potential employment and for employers to list open positions. It is a global company that services over 40 countries.

• Resume posting: While it offers the standard service of applying to jobs online, Monster also offers job seekers the opportunity to post their resumes online in order to be contacted by potential employers. This gives job seekers the opportunity to be approached by interested companies.

• Cover letter and resume help: Monster.com has numerous resources for job seekers who may need some help preparing documents. The Resume Resource Center has writing tips, sample resumes and even a service, Top Resume, that will craft a resume for paying customers.

• Career advice: With pieces about interview preparation, salary negotiations and office etiquette, Monster.com’s Career Advice section has plenty of advice for job seekers at any stage of the employment process.

• Monster Blog: The Monster Blog is a source of news for employers and potential employees focused on the employment process. It is regularly updated to keep its content topical and useful for consumers.

• Hiring solutions: Monster.com offers services to employers looking for new hires. Employers can post a job and receive up to 20 free resumes from job seekers. Other services, like accessing the entire pool of candidates or customizing emails, are available for a fee.

• Best for: Monster.com is best for job seekers looking for a place to host their job materials while actively seeking employment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs