2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.75/5

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Monster.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: July 2, 2020

I really like Monster. It is to navigate. Always has jobs relevant to search. I like the handy tips that are on the site for instance what is relevant as far as experience. Very helpful. I believe that out of all the search engines Monster will be the one that I find gainful employment that I like.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I know and trust Monster.com since they’ve been out there the longest and their job opportunities are spot on. I’ve searched for job and placed jobs on monster.com so I know both sides of the spectrum. You can find any kind of job on this site from entry level to executive level.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Like the feature of the inbox where potential employers can message you if they are interested in you as a candidate and want more info or to arrange an interview. Also like email alerts about jobs that match your previous searches. Makes using this this site easy to navigate and very user friendly.

Original review: June 19, 2020

In these times I am looking to work from home. Monster has plenty of jobs to tailor my needs. They also have alerts for new jobs that come up on any given day. Great place to find all the most recent stay at home or not employment.

Original review: June 18, 2020

It met my expectations, but that's it. I need a job now. The waiting is hard. It takes forever for someone to respond, I guess because I have a very limited field I’m looking into could be the reason I didn't get hired yet.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Monster is a total scam! My experience had been back in 2015. They charged me almost USD 200 for absolutely nothing. They kept kicking back on me with a slang-English draft of what they believed to be a "gorgeous CV"! They showed no ethics what so ever in ignoring my complaints and demands. I consider their business as illegitimate in all means. They sell honey-speech on calls! Once trapped & charged, they disclose their cheap face right away. I stopped contacting them shortly thereafter; but kept all correspondents for records.

Original review: July 10, 2020

The first mistake I made was to sign up with Monster in the first place. Shortly after that (like minutes) the SPAM began to arrive. No one reads resumes there, the scam-SPAMMERS scrape contact info and then use that to send you garbage. Like jobs that are illegal, or not even close to what my resume describes. And whatever you do, do NOT put a phone number on your resume unless you've got a number just for that. Also don't use your primary email address, create a new one because your inbox will get filled with garbage. I CLOSED my monster account including removing the content of my resume. That was in January 2018. Over 2 years ago! And I'm still getting useless emails sent to me from the monster email system. So clearly monster hangs on to your info and does NOT remove it when you close your account.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Had canceled my profile on Monster years ago and am still get recruiters emailing me for positions halfway across the country using old contact information. Not what I would use for professional searches for positions or for new staff.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Monster never disappoints. I've got a job every time I have tried through Monster.com. Go ahead and give monster a shot. I mean what do you have to lose? Every single time I try with monster.com I always succeed.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I opted to post my resume on their site and immediately began long tirade of ROBO calls. I suggest not to post resumes online. This did not end until I changed my phone number. I found that many ads were actually links to other job search websites like Snagajob.com and Jobs.com and Hired.com.

Monster.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Monster.com began exploring the potential of digital recruiting in 1994 and has since become a popular employment website for job seekers to find potential employment and for employers to list open positions. It is a global company that services over 40 countries.

• Resume posting: While it offers the standard service of applying to jobs online, Monster also offers job seekers the opportunity to post their resumes online in order to be contacted by potential employers. This gives job seekers the opportunity to be approached by interested companies.

• Cover letter and resume help: Monster.com has numerous resources for job seekers who may need some help preparing documents. The Resume Resource Center has writing tips, sample resumes and even a service, Top Resume, that will craft a resume for paying customers.

• Career advice: With pieces about interview preparation, salary negotiations and office etiquette, Monster.com’s Career Advice section has plenty of advice for job seekers at any stage of the employment process.

• Monster Blog: The Monster Blog is a source of news for employers and potential employees focused on the employment process. It is regularly updated to keep its content topical and useful for consumers.

• Hiring solutions: Monster.com offers services to employers looking for new hires. Employers can post a job and receive up to 20 free resumes from job seekers. Other services, like accessing the entire pool of candidates or customizing emails, are available for a fee.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team