1.54/5

68 Monster.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Years back, Monster was the prime site to do a job search on. Today, you can't even have the Monster search come close to the work your looking for or even in the locality you put in your profile. It's like the search engine could care less what kind of a job you're looking for or in what area you specified. When you try to contact someone at Monster, you never hear back. I look for radio service or electronic service job. What comes back is mostly CDL driver wanted, Lift driver and Uber drivers wanted. The rest is a scattering of food places looking for waiters and managers. Please explain to me how my search profile comes back with these jobs that are just a waste of time trying to sort through. Then you never find anything even close to what your profile states. Is anyone else having the same type of job returns?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I wish that MONSTER.com must clearly demand clients for having their specified position #, and fully from the external company from where the position would be held within --> while that being it!!! Because foreign companies are soliciting USA citizens when job-hunting, & our Fed's fully do not care about us compared with the others.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I used Monster 10 years ago and I found my dream job within a week on Monster and I am still at my job. Monster gave me all the information about the company and send off my resume and within two days they received my resume I got an interview.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I signed up and put my resume on the website hoping I would find some local part-time jobs. After several modified searches, I realized Monster had no good, practical jobs to offer me in my area and I went to a different job search site. Now, I get at least one email or call a day from some BS company offering me a fake job that will pay hundreds or thousands and has "so many benefits." It is very disappointing that a professional job hunt website such as Monster is letting scammers get ahold of their users' information and, frankly, very unprofessional. Do not waste your time with Monster.com. Use Indeed.com or something else, trust me.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We are startup company and bought the Monster account for finding resources from their database. However we were having issues to search profiles and contacted trainer who is from Monster. They do not know how to search and they told us to share requirements where searches were not worked while training. Monster team has done the job posting without our confirmation which was not acceptable. We decided not to use Monster since Searches are not good, Training team is not good, back end team is not supportive and worst part is sales team members: Sujatha ** and Sarabhjeet who don't care about customer once they receive payments.

Now they are threatening us to pay remaining amount also even though we are not using Monster. Worst people, they do not know how to speak with customers. Please help us. Do we need to pay remaining amount also without using their services? We hardly used their service for approx one and half month and they collected 50K+ initially.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: May 10, 2019

I would like to share my experiences on Monster.com. I was approached some months ago by this fellow in India - I believe it's largely an Indian service now touting their resume writing services including a "Smart CV" and that my profile would get noticed by recruiters and employers. After paying over $500 I realized this was just a scam because they only jobs you find on monster are IT related ones and even then I'm not sure how genuine so if you're applying for any non IT related roles you're unlikely to get noticed by employers. I wrote many complaints to monster.com to no effect. They don't reply as they probably know they're scamming people. Please share this widely.

Original review: April 30, 2019

ZERO stars for Monster USA portal - Recently signed up with Monster to search for employee resumes. We have been using Monster for USA market and wanted to purchase their services for Canadian region. They have different pricing for each customer even if are buying same solution. I wanted to purchase 25k views for 12 months. They quoted us high amount and other sis concern company was given a much lower amount. I raised our concern with Monster people. The response from them was very illogical, irrelevant and highly unprofessional way of arguing with customer. No good service, No support from Monster staff and they are unwilling to comprehend the fact and situation.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I was searching for jobs and Monster.com seems to always come up in any online search for employment. I was a little suspicious and tried to avoid applying directly through the site. Somehow Monster.com managed to grab my resume through a job application at a different site. Since I have been receiving countless job offers from a variety of scam artists, in particular Idctechnologies.com. I will be reporting this infringement of privacy to the FBI and encourage other job seekers subject to this violation to do the same.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We signed up a monthly package with Monster to search for employee resumes on a monthly basis but when we want to end the subscription, Monster says it's a 1 year contract with 12 payments. This was not communicated to us in the beginning. Now they are ripping us out, Monster does not have any big data of professional resumes also. We ended up with Indeed which is a lot better and cheaper to use. I don't understand how a company can cheat a small business owners like us. I hope this review helps someone to stay away from companies who cheat.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We had purchased Monster Resume search for 6 months validity. When we start sourcing it gave only 1 or 2 relevant profiles for easy requirements (Other Job portal gives at least 50 profiles), we raised our concern with Monster people. The response from them was very illogical, irrelevant and highly unprofessional way of arguing with customer. They don't have a strong Data bank for resumes which they promised when they we were purchasing their service, when we try to explain them they don't listen to us. They just fooled us and now they are not ready to pay us back our half money also. No good service, No support from Monster staff and they are unwilling to comprehend the fact and situation, not ready to pay back Money. Not ready to Improve their databank.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Please be aware of Monster.com. They fool people for having vast data which is a **. Even for a simple profile the portal shows 3-5 candidatures which are not even properly relevant. They are only keen on collecting rather stealing money from innocent and desperate people like us. Such an unprofessional and very cheap people. Specially the Chandigarh branch people. Please don’t buy the portal. It’s useless.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Please be aware of Monster.com. They are only keen on collecting rather stealing money from innocent and desperate people like us. Yes, I was also trapped by Monster staff calling from India to purchase their scheme and assured that they will help me in finding a suitable job. Believing their magical words I enrolled by paying a huge amount. But after the payment, say 2 months roughly I never got a single mail or referral from the Monster. When I approached them no proper response. Alternatively, I was getting calls from other sites whether I registered for free. When I messaged them for a refund they completely blocked my mail id. Such an unprofessional and very very cheap people.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I applied to a handful of jobs on the Monster website and was called by their customer service team asking for money to help write a resume and share it with a large set of recruiting firms in their network. After paying the large sum requested, I received a mediocre resume and cover letter - worse than what I had before. On top of the money and time wasted to help them develop a worse resume than I started with, I never actually got any support after that as was agreed and paid for. I reached out to their customer support and received no response at all. Money and time lost - on top of that, their database has very limited jobs. It's a failing business that's now resorting to ripping people off as a last ditch effort. Stay away!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

They demand huge amounts of money. They have no self respect. No manners to speak. Full of fraud. Do not pick up the call. Cut the call on face. Each person I speak to gives me different answers regarding process of refunding. Asked them give me Avinash sir number not ready to provide. Horrible people and the worst company you can ever come across. Cheaters. Fraud people.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Based on my experience, I feel Monster service it's useless and nothing as what they promise. When I was busy searching for job and updated my resume on their portal. After they notice I actively looking for job they keep calling me and offering with told got priority package which their team will help for CV, cover letter and to boost the application as priority and recruiter will call for lot of offer. When I asked how come when I search couldn't find lot of job in portal. They claimed they have two different database portal once subscribe for their package mean they will add another database which can view lot of job in mine and they claimed I not need worry cause lot of recruiter will call me but in reality nothing as their said it's just waste of money and time.

Already know being jobless and looking for job urgently but yet they doing so and cheating people. Even in database it's ntg it's relevant job like they said and no recruiter it's call like they said. Once in month or twice in week will get one email regards job which totally useless cos I were looking for manager job but the email for level 1 agent or job offer at India but me located at Malaysia. So don't waste time and money.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I am Aditya **. I am a student of engineering. Few days ago I updated my resume on Monster.com. After some days many fraud company call me to job hiring and a company suggest me a job in HCl and take 2000₹ for me and created a fake phone interview. After one day he ask give 7500₹ for document verification. I say no and forward a cancellation mail for cancel my request. Please Monster team refund my money and take action on this fake job providers A/C holder name - Sunil A/C-** (these are the detail of consultants) **. Email - ** this account for transfer money so I request Monster.com please don't refer my own data CV and anything for fake consultants and take strictly.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I work in the high tech field (Silicon Valley). In the last couple years, Monster has failed to market itself to candidates thus making their resume search product all but worthless. I would never recommend Monster resume products to any company or recruiting firm.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I am an employer that posted a job for a teaching position. After 2 months of posting, and about $1,200 worth of "services", I had 15 applicants and 20 recommendations from Monster. But wait... When you select the link to see the 15 applicants, it only pulls up 7. Out of the 7 only one had a bachelor's degree with experience remotely related to teaching. Others resumes were completely off the wall. The recommendations were just as bad. I had also advertised for an executive assistant. You guessed it. Small number of resumes from unqualified people. The head-hunting service is downright awful, and considering the fees, it is highway robbery. I regret having wasted the money.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I regret ever using their stupid website, I have found a job I wanted elsewhere and closed deactivated without any ability to recover my account with Monster and yet I am still being spammed by recruiters from all over US. My search parameters were strict to only local opportunities and only in my field and Monster did not care at all. They spammed me with everything they could and they continue to do so even after I have closed an account with them. They continue to give out my personal email and last resume they had on me to recruiters and this is unacceptable. NEVER EVER LOOK FOR A JOB ON MONSTER. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Been a .com for a while and still barely better than searching for a job on Craigslist. They haven't even taken the time to filter companies like Uber, so when you go to certain categories to look for a job you'll never see anything but Uber postings. Horrible annoying site! Indeed is better...everything is better.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

For a few years I had a membership on Monster.com. I had found a job in February 2018 and knew I didn’t need Monster’s services anymore so I clicked on their unsubscribe link on the bottom of their emails they had sent me (I’ve since deleted that email thinking that it would be adhered to by Monster). I also went in and deleted my account on their website. After a while it seemed like I was still getting emails from Monster, so I kept clicking on the unsubscribe link (thinking maybe I had not done it right) but then I kept getting emails from them. At the bare minimum I have been inundated by emails from Monster about Messages in my message center (which when I checked before there were never any messages in there), been spammed about job alerts (which how I could I have any job alerts if I closed/deleted my account) and numerous other things.

Every day since I’ve closed my account (I’m not sure at the latest around mid-October 2018) I have still be inundated with emails from them concerning job alerts – which are no longer wanted. They had supposedly taken care of my situation by: Asking me to send a receipt of the email that I unsubscribed from. I no longer have that email because I deleted it when I did it, thinking that Monster was going to adhere to the "unsubscribe" link. Getting a message from Monster on my Facebook messenger app to say they were going to take care of the situation – which it hasn’t. Asking me for the following information to verify myself: Physical address, telephone number and two previous employers. I do not want to be giving out that kind of private information over an email server because I do not want my address/phone number/previous employers out there for them to see.

I should not have to give out this information if all I want to do is to stop getting emails from them – from any department. Period. I do not want to give out my phone number because they will be sending me robocalls. I even changed my phone number to a new number so the one that I had before is no longer accessible from me. Plus, I’m not sure what all I had on my Monster account as my last listed two employers because I’ve had so many little jobs that really didn’t amount to much.

When you unsubscribe from a business emails all you must do is click on the “unsubscribe” link and it works. Sometimes, you need to verify on the link that you really do want to unsubscribe. It works for other companies, but not Monster. It is their responsibility to adhere to the laws of spamming people’s email inboxes; which someone from Monster said they don’t spam.

Their Twitter account also asked for my email address – which is a joke because they already have it because they’ve been inundating my email inbox. My email address has my name in it so it wouldn’t take much to find my account and for this situation to be resolved. Also - not cool Monster blocked me on their Facebook page - it looks like they have something to be ashamed of. All I want from them is to close my account altogether and for them to stop sending me emails!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I originally created an account when I was looking for my first job as a software developer and was immediately inundated by emails and phone calls from outsourced recruiters who obviously got my details from some sort of scraping tool that saw a few keywords and my contact info and have random job located all over the US. The few I talked to immediately lost interest when I mentioned I had no experience, so it was obvious they had not actually looked at my resume.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Same as everyone else here. We paid the hundreds of dollars to get results and we got NOTHING at all. We called customer service. They said keep waiting. Still nothing. Zilch. We feel like we have been robbed. Monster doesn’t care in the least little bit it appears. You are better off trying some other company. Anybody.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I posted a job through Military.com via partnership with Monster. My goal was to reach and hire an elite level of Military personnel trying to make the transition back to civilian life. After paying for the job posting and getting ZERO clicks or views, I feel like they pretty much stole our money. You commit to paying a fee blindly, hoping that they have a ton of qualified candidates ready to go...and they do not. I called and emailed my complaint and asked for a refund, which they politely declined. They even doubled down and said that if I pay for more of their service offerings at a "reduced rate" that I would surely have more success. There are other free services available to employers that are much more effective than this one. Beware! Think twice before signing up for this service.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I am a doctor. My resume lists my 9 year of clinical experience, internships, seminars and is CLEARLY a medical industry resume. The day I signed up for Monster my inbox was flooded with scams, and I was contacted for positions ranging from insurance agent to bus driver. Even after I unsubscribed to these emails they kept coming. Then the phone calls started, 5 or more a day every day, 7 days a week. Even after deleting my Monster account I get 2-3 scamming phone calls a day from Monster.

Why would an employer want to hire a doctor for a real estate agent, insurance broker, or an attorney position??? I also got bizarre sexual and prostitution messages to my inbox that started THE DAY I signed up with Monster. This has never happened before, and I have had the same email for years. I am extremely dissatisfied with Monster.com, and if I could give negative stars I would. If this review helps even one person from posting their resume and contact information with Monster, I will feel like I contributed something to society.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I paid over $300 for a job posting to hire new employees at my business. I got no results although it is a very broad position and well above average pay for its field. Save your money and use any other service!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Do not waste your time on Monster.com in regards to finding a job. If you post your resume on that site, insurance companies and multi-level marketing agencies (pyramid schemes) will contact you endlessly via email or phone trying to get you to come work for them. It got so bad that a multi-level marketing agency claimed that I applied for a job there when I did not at all. After about a month of trying to find a job on that site, the calls and emails became overwhelming and I terminated my account there. I was able to find a job at another job site that did allow more privacy.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have availed express resume services. Kommu ** one of the executive called me and expressed the benefits in nice manner I have also availed, after one month over no response, progress in this regards I have given mail, called top reach the executive nothing. I have given CR monster, CEO monster, Info monster but none of them are replied properly. Once money transferred they neglect the paid person, for taking order they will do all ways, totally Monster is cheaters group from bottom to top, no response. They don’t have basic courtesy to reply to the customer who availed the services, this service totally waste, so don’t avail the worst, customer cheaters, services.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

The website is user-friendly but sometimes the job postings can be misleading. That being said like with any job site do your homework prior to applying for a job. I have also noticed that even if you set search for a set distance you may have email updates for jobs out of your working area.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

People don't read the resumes. Contract companies are bad at this, they only search keyword and when you put no contracts they still call. I looking for a real job not a 30 day or 3 month contract.

Monster.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Monster.com began exploring the potential of digital recruiting in 1994 and has since become a popular employment website for job seekers to find potential employment and for employers to list open positions. It is a global company that services over 40 countries.

• Resume posting: While it offers the standard service of applying to jobs online, Monster also offers job seekers the opportunity to post their resumes online in order to be contacted by potential employers. This gives job seekers the opportunity to be approached by interested companies.

• Cover letter and resume help: Monster.com has numerous resources for job seekers who may need some help preparing documents. The Resume Resource Center has writing tips, sample resumes and even a service, Top Resume, that will craft a resume for paying customers.

• Career advice: With pieces about interview preparation, salary negotiations and office etiquette, Monster.com’s Career Advice section has plenty of advice for job seekers at any stage of the employment process.

• Monster Blog: The Monster Blog is a source of news for employers and potential employees focused on the employment process. It is regularly updated to keep its content topical and useful for consumers.

• Hiring solutions: Monster.com offers services to employers looking for new hires. Employers can post a job and receive up to 20 free resumes from job seekers. Other services, like accessing the entire pool of candidates or customizing emails, are available for a fee.

• Best for: Monster.com is best for job seekers looking for a place to host their job materials while actively seeking employment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs