2.28/5
Based on 43 reviews that contain star ratings

43 Monster.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have availed express resume services. Kommu ** one of the executive called me and expressed the benefits in nice manner I have also availed, after one month over no response, progress in this regards I have given mail, called top reach the executive nothing. I have given CR monster, CEO monster, Info monster but none of them are replied properly. Once money transferred they neglect the paid person, for taking order they will do all ways, totally Monster is cheaters group from bottom to top, no response. They don’t have basic courtesy to reply to the customer who availed the services, this service totally waste, so don’t avail the worst, customer cheaters, services.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I wish that MONSTER.com must clearly demand clients for having their specified position #, and fully from the external company from where the position would be held within --> while that being it!!! Because foreign companies are soliciting USA citizens when job-hunting, & our Fed's fully do not care about us compared with the others.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

The website is user-friendly but sometimes the job postings can be misleading. That being said like with any job site do your homework prior to applying for a job. I have also noticed that even if you set search for a set distance you may have email updates for jobs out of your working area.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

People don't read the resumes. Contract companies are bad at this, they only search keyword and when you put no contracts they still call. I looking for a real job not a 30 day or 3 month contract.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I used Monster 10 years ago and I found my dream job within a week on Monster and I am still at my job. Monster gave me all the information about the company and send off my resume and within two days they received my resume I got an interview.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Monster is difficult and frustrating to use. It doesn’t accept certain information and has you re entering zip codes that it says are not valid, however they are! There are so many glitches in their system that slows one down. It’s very frustrating. Even to get my resume in a correct format to print is difficult. Trying to charge my list of references was a waste of time as I was unable to do so!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I find that Monster attracts contract recruiters not company recruiter. The notification process has a lot to be desired. The site is not a favorite for me. I feel this is a bottom of the barrel site.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

This site makes you download a resume unlike Indeed you just create your account and apply for job. Some of the things you need to build a resume with you don’t have & sometimes you can’t afford.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Terrible website for seeking a new job or position as I had posted my updated and current resume on there and had contacted at least 30 different companies on there with open positions in which I was fully qualified for and not one of them ever got back to me on anything. So why have a job website that supposed to have open jobs on it and no one takes the time to get back to you. Both thumbs down on Monster.com and have them taken off the internet because they are not worth the space they take up!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I used to exclusively use this company however it has changed over the years. The job website is not as user friendly. I have trouble seeing the details of the jobs listed.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Registering and using this site was a waste of my time and resources when I used it for years until I finally quit using it in 2010 when I became disable and could no longer work. Prior to that this site never landed me a job, not one. I seemed to have gotten more SCAM E-mails from scammers that use these sites to harvest e-mails and lure you with jobs that if you did them, you could find yourself in jail and flat broke. Glad I was smart enough to NEVER fall for them. I could not recommend this site for use to find a job to anyone from my horrid experience with it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I'm sure others get a lot of help from Monster. I just felt they send me the same job over and over through the years. No luck. It's possible I misunderstood what was needed, but it should have been made clear. Good luck with the site.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Monster ought to be called the Job Lottery. Never once have I received an offer - or even a response - from the meat market of dating sites. Applications are repetitive and time-consuming with little way to automate the process. Every employer requires a complete account created on their own job sites. What do I need Monster for?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Have used Monster in the past year, and found that they do not pay attention to the user's info or profile. I live in a New York City suburb and when I get job info from Monster, it's usually 30 to 50 miles out of my area or in another state nearby. Have sent emails to Monster a few times but they still do the same thing.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

They post fake jobs constantly and consistently. Just a giant database for companies that are never going to actually hire anyone. God only knows who they sell our information to.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I found this site very useless. They didn't have anything that was of any help to me, their options were pointless. Their customer service was a little better, but still couldn't put me in the right place.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I was on Monster's email list for job opportunity updates and the last emails I received (before cancelling) list UBER EATS job listings as the first 20-40 jobs in our area. I live in a small metropolitan area (200,000 people) so this seemed ridiculous. I gave up and stopped scrolling for other jobs. I called customer service to let them know that this seemed like an error and they told me that since UBER paid them they went ahead and did it. He did not seem to care that it made their site unusable. Other sites list UBER EATS once as is appropriate. Not a useful site and bad customer service in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I gave up on Monster.com because it NEVER sent correct job possibilities to me - regardless of how specific the job words/descriptions were. It continually sent such jobs as nursing, waitressing, multi-level marketing, franchises, real estate, etc.; none of which were in my categories, my field, or qualifications. Job matches were not good. The setup was nice and fairly easy; just wish the end results were better.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This company is not personal but also is not convenient as Indeed. I find the jobs at Monster do not apply to me and no personal customer service as are many but have not connected ok on this site for a job yet.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

If you want daily spam that is mostly irrelevant to the field you are in, Monster is the monster for you. It took a couple years for me to get rid of the flood of spam. Also, out of hundreds of applications, not a single interview. In contrast, I've seen great success with ZipRecruiter.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

When I was using the service, I was a very experienced high end retail manager. I filled out many applications. All I ever received was calls from insurance companies, even though I hadn’t included them in my search. It was very hard to edit your profile. I am going back about 10 years, I have no idea how they are now. I stopped using them and went to Indeed.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Their website is a nightmare. Their software sucks. They have ZERO internet support. Their customer service is rude & incompetent. They have not responded to "one single inquiry", nor provided even one job lead. They are as useless as "taste-buds" on an **!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Five times I tried to post a critical review for my last company, Fairwinds, Brighton Court, d.b.a. Leisure Care, llc, but after each time the "submit" button wouldn't "take." The webpage would just sit there and not process. I even changed the language a bit and used a different browser, but what I suspect is that Monster is shielding high-paying clients from any kind of review that's less than four stars. I was able to get through with the same review on indeed, but not Monster. The same company. It's important that my reviews get out there to spare someone the troubles I experienced with my former company so they know in advance. Monster would have you believe that everything is hunky-dory, and is only looking for love letter reviews.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I interviewed with AAA of Southern California for their Life Insurance Agent Trainee program. On July 18th I met with 2 branch managers. 1 female and 1 male. The interview was going along pretty good I thought until the female manager asked me "Do you plan on retiring anytime soon". I was taking back by this question but went ahead and answered and my reasons why I was planning to anytime soon. I felt after that question the entire interview was a lost cause. I suspicions were founded when I received a call from their HR dept this morning telling me they were passing on me. That's fine I told but then I went on to tell her of this question that was asked of me and how discriminatory it was. She got a bit nervous, apologized and said she was going to speak with her manager about it immediately. Beware of this company and don't be surprised if you're asked a discriminatory question. I was!!

Original review: June 29, 2018

My Communication with Monster India: Today is 29th June. On 22nd April, I put one REQUEST to REFUND my money as you guys are incapable to what you promised since day 1 ie 14th March, 2018. I got response on this mail though on the same day, by Ms ** that she will take care of it and have done some changes. She called through her Landline stating that you may callback, in case have any issues or queries. SURPRISINGLY, I am trying the same number since Friday i e 1st June. I tried on different time slots on 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th & 6th. BUT NO ONE IS PICKING THE PHONE.

I want Research/KPO Job for 10 year experience. In my Profile, you have updated BPO my Industry. Due to that, my Inbox has mails related to Sales Job in BPO Industry or Software Developer jobs. Categorization is not done properly. Already 3 months passed and your team is incompetent to provide any solution. They are just playing the game of 'Passing the Buck'. They have no solution and only wasting my time. It was my folly that I paid the money to you guys, instead of some good Job Service Providers. What ** has done which Venktesh was not able to. Both have done the same thing. First promising and then NOT Picking the phone. Useless Fellows. The only solution is GIVE MY HARD EARNED MONEY BACK.

Original review: June 1, 2018

If you enjoy being harassed and getting "job offers" from random places not in your city, and for positions you are not applying for, then by all means, check out their website. (I'm talking lower than you are worth type of positions.) I really should have known years ago that Monster.com was no good due to the fact that I would constantly, for years, get calls for a man named Mark about interviews. I was getting said calls at all times of the day. I called and emailed Monster.com asking for them to take down my number from his profile, and although they said they did, they in fact did not. Ever since I signed up with Monster.com all I have received are emails from them for random positions NOT on my profile! And about 85% of those are fake and want you to visit a site that is just going to give my computer a virus. I will be deleting my account promptly.

Original review: April 5, 2018

No consistent, worst thing they don't know what they are doing. In "USAJOBS" they sponsored. When I apply on USAJOBS they never qualify for apprentice but qualify for journeyman, I don't understand their concept. The worst part is "never get hire."

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Monster.com collects emails addresses from individuals from its partners, then creates unauthorized accounts for those emails addresses. When those for whom the unauthorized accounts contact Monster.com in order to stop emails they subsequently receive, Monster.com then attempts to EXTORT information (first and last name, phone number, address, past employers, etc.) from those individuals in order to process account closure. Monster.com does not provide an account verification means nor opt-out means. This complaint is an effort to bring about awareness about this organization and their illegal activities.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I have signed one year contract (on Draft Copy only not on actual contract). They tell you lot of things and make you to sign. Once you sign, they don't even bother to check with you about your experience. I cannot post the job nationwide and the website is so user unfriendly, it is very tough to navigate and find what we are looking for. Basically, they will tell you so many things and in reality you get very minimal which is not worth your money. And also for the job postings you get almost zero resumes. I have been trying to cancel my contract (though I have not signed the actual contract), they are frustrating me saying the contract cannot be cancelled. I never recommend this Monster.com and looking ways to spread the work around the business community.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

They offered that there will be a big increase in the percentage of interview call if I buy the paid service. And there are many suitable vacancies in the market, and they are going to send the resume directly for those vacancies. And they will share the resumes with many other JOB consultancies. BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY INTERVIEW CALLS AFTER TAKING THIS SERVICE EVEN AFTER 3 MONTHS. To get the money they will make 10 or 20 calls per day. But after collecting the money the profile manager has vanished. And I have to send many emails to get some response.

Monster.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Monster.com began exploring the potential of digital recruiting in 1994 and has since become a popular employment website for job seekers to find potential employment and for employers to list open positions. It is a global company that services over 40 countries.

• Resume posting: While it offers the standard service of applying to jobs online, Monster also offers job seekers the opportunity to post their resumes online in order to be contacted by potential employers. This gives job seekers the opportunity to be approached by interested companies.

• Cover letter and resume help: Monster.com has numerous resources for job seekers who may need some help preparing documents. The Resume Resource Center has writing tips, sample resumes and even a service, Top Resume, that will craft a resume for paying customers.

• Career advice: With pieces about interview preparation, salary negotiations and office etiquette, Monster.com’s Career Advice section has plenty of advice for job seekers at any stage of the employment process.

• Monster Blog: The Monster Blog is a source of news for employers and potential employees focused on the employment process. It is regularly updated to keep its content topical and useful for consumers.

• Hiring solutions: Monster.com offers services to employers looking for new hires. Employers can post a job and receive up to 20 free resumes from job seekers. Other services, like accessing the entire pool of candidates or customizing emails, are available for a fee.

• Best for: Monster.com is best for job seekers looking for a place to host their job materials while actively seeking employment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs