3.6/5 (197 ratings)

About Monster.com

Monster.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: March 14, 2022

I am grateful to Monster.com, I look forward to the opportunities & making it huge with additional updates. Associates are very helpful. I have received an opportunity to be availing these again in the future.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Monster.com is a free job search site for job seekers. I never took Monster paid services as a Candidate. In the past years 2012 landed contract job thru Monster Recruiters. Currently need work and posted my Resume 1.5 month.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Monster has 2 platforms: Monster and Monster Plus. I tried their offer for a "Free" Job Posting. It is a nightmare trying to post a FREE job, but after a while I got it, BUT the posting was inactive. Supposedly it because they need to check out the company information. After 2 days I called them, then they told me that I had to sign up first and then post the job and this is why when they were researching my company information the job was not posted. I was told to post it again, which I did. After another day, the same thing happened. I called a 2nd time. The second agent just could not answer me straight if I have to pay for the job posting in order to post or if they have a "free" job posting available. If we must pay, just say so in plain English and cut the **. Terrible way to treat a potential customer.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

After a week of signing in to their site, I receive a lot of spam credit card offers. They will send you a random job offer that doesn't fit your job description or skills. Even after deleting my account I still receive spammy credit card offers. I highly suggest not to subscribe or signup for their site, you will regret it! Your information is not safe. If there's a negative star rating for their site. I definitely give them -5 stars.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

India based companies have been pretending to be recruiters so they can gather resumes to fish out skills to use in Resumes for Green Card holders in the United States. Monster.com is the biggest culprit. Since posting my resume on Monster.com, I am inundated with spam calls from fake india recruiters offering job opportunities way outside my stated desired positions in my profile on Monster. Almost 50% of the phone calls I am getting are from indian speaking, fake corporations offering contract jobs all over the country. They call as late as 9 p.m. Eastern Time. They have sent emails claiming to have spoken to me and to send my resume to them as soon as possible. So if you are job hunting, do not use Monster.com, they are the single source of these phishing scams from India.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Very bad service by Monster recruitment, they are nicely talking till they get money, don't care to serve the customer. They promised something and not honour it. Don't go with them and waste your money, better put it in trash instead of paying to monster.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have purchased the career booster at Monsterindia.com and I am satisfied with the amount I paid for. The Team has been very professional and cooperative. Though I have received a opportunity after 3 months of paying for the Xpress resume+ service, it is a relevant opportunity.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

As recruiters, we have a system of testing and retesting different job boards. We haven't used Monster.com in years, so wanted to try them out again against our staples of Indeed and Linkedin. We paid $650 for a month of access and didn't get one interview from it. That same spend on Indeed would get us 1 or 2 hires. I would stay clear of this group and look elsewhere.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I created a profile and resume on Monster a few days ago and made sure it was private on not public view. I had not yet applied for any positions. I had my most personal information listed on my resume and profile due to when I apply directly with a company of my choosing, I will know the company, that it's truly local and trust them with my info. Well, I started getting MASS amounts of emails from all over the country, mostly foreign names, mostly claiming to be placement agencies in which I am NOT applying with and some are completely fraudulent. Monster allowed all my most personal information to be in public view although I was careful to make sure I chose it was NOT. VERY UNETHICAL and scary company. They have lost their morals and values. STAY AWAY, it's not the Monster Jobs of long ago when they honored your choice of not allowing public view of your information.

I may have to change my email address due to this mess and a lot of important people/companies have my email who are trustworthy. I am beside myself and scared it's all going to end up all over the internet, sold to data brokers or whatever the sleeze all over the internet is called who publishes everyone's info against the will of the person. My personal info is not on the internet due to a stalking situation...so yes, I am beside myself. I had no idea that Monster had become regular sleeze and Career Builder did the same thing...However, I did apply for two jobs to what I thought was an actual company opening, not a placement agency. After I applied to them, same thing, mass crazy crap coming in and for jobs I have no experience or education in...because it's a scam.

After I applied to one of the companies, I get an email from a company with a totally different name...I figured out that it was the company I had applied to...It was food service industry in which I do not work...A customer service rep from Monster said that all he could see was my WA Work Source Account, so these people have access to that as well. Funny, I don't have anything on public view on Work Source, but I do have an account, scary times, be careful, the companies that use to have morals, values, and were trustworthy are no longer these kinds of companies...I am making a complaint to the AG and even thought of a class action law suit, but right now I am just really upset and very sick at the thought of my personal info...address, phone, email, all my previous employers in the hands of mass people, many frauds, most with foreign names. BEWARE, DON'T SIGN UP with Monster or Career Builder...Find another way to seek out open positions in your area.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I have been looking for a job for 2 months. I waited until very recently to add my resume to Monster.com. Almost immediately after submitting my resume, I started receiving a constant stream of spam calls from overseas call centers for irrelevant temp jobs. Not a single call about an actual relevant, full-time position. Apparently "allow employers to contact me" means "immediately sell off my information to anyone and everyone that wants it". After using services like LinkedIn and Indeed, Monster.com just feels incredibly cheap and spammy and I honestly don't know why anyone would use it at this point.

Monster.com author review by Anne Mercer

Monster.com began exploring the potential of digital recruiting in 1994 and has since become a popular employment website for job seekers to find potential employment and for employers to list open positions. It is a global company that services over 40 countries.

• Resume posting: While it offers the standard service of applying to jobs online, Monster also offers job seekers the opportunity to post their resumes online in order to be contacted by potential employers. This gives job seekers the opportunity to be approached by interested companies.

• Cover letter and resume help: Monster.com has numerous resources for job seekers who may need some help preparing documents. The Resume Resource Center has writing tips, sample resumes and even a service, Top Resume, that will craft a resume for paying customers.

• Career advice: With pieces about interview preparation, salary negotiations and office etiquette, Monster.com’s Career Advice section has plenty of advice for job seekers at any stage of the employment process.

• Monster Blog: The Monster Blog is a source of news for employers and potential employees focused on the employment process. It is regularly updated to keep its content topical and useful for consumers.

• Hiring solutions: Monster.com offers services to employers looking for new hires. Employers can post a job and receive up to 20 free resumes from job seekers. Other services, like accessing the entire pool of candidates or customizing emails, are available for a fee.

by Anne Mercer Contributing Writer

Anne Mercer has covered a number of topics, industries and companies since she began contributing to consumer-focused articles for ConsumerAffairs in 2018. She has a bachelor’s degree from Western New England University.

Monster.com Company Information