1.46/5

73 Monster.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Years back, Monster was the prime site to do a job search on. Today, you can't even have the Monster search come close to the work your looking for or even in the locality you put in your profile. It's like the search engine could care less what kind of a job you're looking for or in what area you specified. When you try to contact someone at Monster, you never hear back. I look for radio service or electronic service job. What comes back is mostly CDL driver wanted, Lift driver and Uber drivers wanted. The rest is a scattering of food places looking for waiters and managers. Please explain to me how my search profile comes back with these jobs that are just a waste of time trying to sort through. Then you never find anything even close to what your profile states. Is anyone else having the same type of job returns?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I wish that MONSTER.com must clearly demand clients for having their specified position #, and fully from the external company from where the position would be held within --> while that being it!!! Because foreign companies are soliciting USA citizens when job-hunting, & our Fed's fully do not care about us compared with the others.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I used Monster 10 years ago and I found my dream job within a week on Monster and I am still at my job. Monster gave me all the information about the company and send off my resume and within two days they received my resume I got an interview.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I should have looked at these reviews sooner! They took my information and solicited it to scammers. I get spam email for insurance companies and they even texted me. They have "horoscopes". There is no help for someone looking for a real job.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Pathetic organization. First they prompted me to buy their resume writing and resume highlighter service. They assured me that they have some reputed employers' vacancies with them which they will provide details to me if I subscribe to their services. They also told me that there will be one account manager assigned for my profile. I purchased their services and paid them around 25000 INR. But to my surprise they have stopped picking my calls also. Till today they have not forwarded my profile to a single employer.

They are just a bunch of thugs, who are trained to loot people's money. They should be ashamed of themselves to loot people's money at the time when they are looking for a job and running tight on house budgets. They earn their salary by looting the job seekers who are in desperate need of job and pay money to these people believing that these people will help them to find a job. If a competent authority is there to take action against them, I request them to please close down their operations completely to avoid poor people getting cheated by them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: July 18, 2019

Monster.com operates and get their tele-marketers in India to coax people signing up packages that promised to heightened Resume and job seeker's profile thereby landing good jobs; EVEN to extend that guaranteed interviews filling up your calendar. Package promised writing of a good Resume by them; this did not happen! Instead, they sent a Resume of another person and asked me to modify from it. Thereafter, I did hear from them for more than a year till date. Anyone reading Monster reviews by others, I agreed, you just cannot reach them at all. This is a SCAM! So, don't pass them any monies/payment, don't trust them.

Original review: July 12, 2019

The recruitment agency, Monster should be avoided by skilled workers by any means necessary. They are not personable and the advertised jobs sent to me were either unrelated to my career goals, skills and competencies. I strongly recommend any well meaning individual to avoid this agency like a plague.

Original review: June 27, 2019

There’s no point. Called their customer service and sales to post an ad but there was no service. They hung up twice and another time the phone line didn’t work. When I spoke to someone she quoted me more than what was posted on the website! When addressing why she did that, she said, "Oh," and hung up.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I signed up and put my resume on the website hoping I would find some local part-time jobs. After several modified searches, I realized Monster had no good, practical jobs to offer me in my area and I went to a different job search site. Now, I get at least one email or call a day from some BS company offering me a fake job that will pay hundreds or thousands and has "so many benefits." It is very disappointing that a professional job hunt website such as Monster is letting scammers get ahold of their users' information and, frankly, very unprofessional. Do not waste your time with Monster.com. Use Indeed.com or something else, trust me.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We are startup company and bought the Monster account for finding resources from their database. However we were having issues to search profiles and contacted trainer who is from Monster. They do not know how to search and they told us to share requirements where searches were not worked while training. Monster team has done the job posting without our confirmation which was not acceptable. We decided not to use Monster since Searches are not good, Training team is not good, back end team is not supportive and worst part is sales team members: Sujatha ** and Sarabhjeet who don't care about customer once they receive payments.

Now they are threatening us to pay remaining amount also even though we are not using Monster. Worst people, they do not know how to speak with customers. Please help us. Do we need to pay remaining amount also without using their services? We hardly used their service for approx one and half month and they collected 50K+ initially.

Monster.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Monster.com began exploring the potential of digital recruiting in 1994 and has since become a popular employment website for job seekers to find potential employment and for employers to list open positions. It is a global company that services over 40 countries.

• Resume posting: While it offers the standard service of applying to jobs online, Monster also offers job seekers the opportunity to post their resumes online in order to be contacted by potential employers. This gives job seekers the opportunity to be approached by interested companies.

• Cover letter and resume help: Monster.com has numerous resources for job seekers who may need some help preparing documents. The Resume Resource Center has writing tips, sample resumes and even a service, Top Resume, that will craft a resume for paying customers.

• Career advice: With pieces about interview preparation, salary negotiations and office etiquette, Monster.com’s Career Advice section has plenty of advice for job seekers at any stage of the employment process.

• Monster Blog: The Monster Blog is a source of news for employers and potential employees focused on the employment process. It is regularly updated to keep its content topical and useful for consumers.

• Hiring solutions: Monster.com offers services to employers looking for new hires. Employers can post a job and receive up to 20 free resumes from job seekers. Other services, like accessing the entire pool of candidates or customizing emails, are available for a fee.

• Best for: Monster.com is best for job seekers looking for a place to host their job materials while actively seeking employment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs