1.80/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Monster.com

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Monster.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Please be very careful with their sales people. Big time fraud they are and once the sale is done they don't care and unfortunately you have to keep paying them as per the agreement as you cannot even cancel on your end. I had such a bad experience that I cannot express. It taught me a lesson that take everything in writing and don't trust them at all over the phone as they will say everything over the phone to sell the job portal to you. Big time FRAUD sales team.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Hey, so I am giving one star because you have to rate it and there is no rating below one. Anyway, I spoke to one of the recruiters and we had an initial discussion wherein they would forward my CV, previous job experience letter and joining letter and one passport sized photograph. After this discussion I sent my necessary documents to their service email ID. Upon sending I was informed that the company which I was trying for will send a confirmation mail for a telephonic interview, which I received and I was supposed to call my recruiter.

Unfortunately I got stuck in an emergency and could not check my phone. In the span of 20 mins, I must have received at least 50 calls and when I finally got the chance to check my phone there was a message from this recruiter in a very unprofessional manner that if I didn't want this job I shouldn't have wasted their time and since I did not pick up their call all of the documents that I had sent will be blocked for a year and I won't be able to apply for any other job. After I told the recruiter that I'll be taking legal action because nothing if this sort was mentioned in any of the emails, he started telling me if I don't give the interview his salary will be cut, and ever since this recruiter has been calling me non-stop.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Many years ago I used Monster in Europe and they helped get my career along, that’s why I was evidently too trusting when Monster called offering help again. I wish I had read these reviews first! Their career advisor got in touch with me after looking at my CV from their site. They offered a “discount” on their advertised CV and Job Search services. The price was still very high but they promised that they would provide me with access to an exclusive part of their data bank and that with this access along with the other services, with my years of experience and domain, I would be able to get exactly the type of position I was looking for within a great salary range and within 2 months. They also claimed that they had a high success rate in exactly what I was looking for. Again, I had used Monster before (not these services) and was happy with what I got out of it but clearly things have really gone downhill since.

Since getting their services I repeatedly reminded them that none of the recruiters contacting me were offering the positions that their CV tailoring promised I would market myself towards. The 1 or 2 that did offered salary ranges that were at around 60% of the lower range of what had been promised. And even then, they would not reply when I supplied them with the information that they asked for.

This is a scam service, do not pay them anything! Their “career advisors“ are only interested in taking your money and the rest of the company does not care on following through on the guarantees that they promise. Only the CV service came through although given how little impact it had, you can ask if they really added any value.

They target unemployed people at their most vulnerable and scam them out of whatever they think they can get. When I pointed this out they told me to just wait, another 4 months, totally ignoring their original guarantee of viable positions within 2 months. If I had the luxury of waiting 3 times longer, I would not invest more than 34k INR to accelerate my search!

I promptly asked for a refund for a failure on their part to deliver the promised service and this is when I saw how little they care about their customer; they emailed me a long list of hoops to jump through to her me get my goal, all related to having me make further use of their services! Their customer services then feigned ignorance, refusing to acknowledge the contents of my email and sent me back to the same scam artist who took my money. Do not make the same mistake I did, they are not a reputable organisation. Keep your money, stay far away from them and warn others! Monster is not what it once was.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

If you're reading this before you wasted time dealing with Monster, then you're smarter than I was. Monster is a scam artist, plain and simple. My experience echoes the plethora of awful, and mostly 1 star, reviews already posted, so I'll limit this to what I think is pertinent. I was emailed by "Jessica" at Monster offering to review and assess how my resume appears to potential employers. I happily accepted, and a few hours later she replied that the assessment was ready to view.

My Summary, according to the assessment, appeared just as I had intended and looked very favorable. Similarly the details highlighted by ATS showed that my skills and level of competency best fit me for the exact type of role I am seeking. However, the assessment indicated my resume "lacking enough solid accomplishments" and "needed more information" and "might not pass recruiter's screening software".

This contradiction was odd, even so, hiring a professional writer seemed advisable, so I decided to give it a shot. I jumped into Monster's chat and asked how to begin the dialogue with the writers to confirm they could make my resume better. Monster said that wasn't possible until after I paid, upfront, in full, with no refunds. Eh? No reputable company charges $350 to provide professional services, but doesn't allow the actual professionals to demonstrate or confirm that their services could add value. Anyone that has used or provides a service knows this.

Let's not forget the 100% "satisfaction" guarantee - "If you're not happy, we'll rewrite it for free... one time." Lol, Imagine biting into a cheese-burger and finding a used band-aid, and the manager tells you (after all the screaming a crying stops) "Don't worry, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee... I'll make you one more!" Time is the one thing in this life we can never get back, and those crooks wasted over an hour of mine. I truly hope the time anyone spends reading this saves them a lot more in the end.

Regards,

-F.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

They got in touch with me when I updated in LinkedIn and Naukri, that I had resigned from my current company & was actively looking for opportunities. I was based in China & they called for jobs in Singapore (monster.com.sg). The salespeople were based in Hyderabad and informed me that they had multiple openings in SG and I need to buy their service to avail those opportunities. They named all big banks and consulting companies and told that for my experience (12 yrs) I can easily get >12000 SGD per month. They quoted the price as INR 28,500, but as I was in China and all my bank cards were not working, I could arrange for maximum INR 25.000. He made me stay on the call and agreed to give the service for INR 25k.

They worked on the resume and created a 2 page resume, in 4-5 days (The resume was fine). However, it has been already >30 days & I have not received a single mail or call regarding any job opportunity. I called them up in between, and the sales guy told me that there were a few recruiters who tried to contact me on my China number, however as I was in India, they could not reach me. It was an outright lie, as I had provided both the Indian & Chinese phone number. He told that they would be forwarding, but nothing yet.

So, I believe that they are a group of fraudsters, who are trying to loot people, at a time when they are broke and without any job. They must be seriously ashamed of themselves. My advise to others would be that stay away from all these paid services from the job portals. If a company needs people, and if you have the right capabilities, the company will find you anyways.. You don't need to pay to these sort of mediators/dalaals. Happy job hunting..

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

My contact details have been shared by Monster with A2W Immigration services. I did not authorize or consent to having my contact details shared with this organization, as the nature of their business does not align in any way with my needs or interests. A2W has contacted me on a persistent and continuous basis by telephone and email requesting that I avail of their immigration services. I have categorically stated each time I have been contacted that I do not require such services because I am a US citizen!

I have already requested multiple times that A2W cease and desist with its bombarding phone calls and e-mails but they continue to fail to heed my request. I have reported this to their business and flagged their messages as spam and yet this has not deterred them. This is becoming very irritating and is not characteristic of sound business practices by any organizational standards. Despite these efforts, however, the calls and e-mails persist in a harassing manner. I have already asked that Monster kindly no longer share my information so gratuitously with companies like A2W that use this information to inconvenience and bombard its customers with phone calls and e-mails.

I have been a loyal and dedicated Monster Gulf customer for years. This relationship has been fostered on mutual trust and respect. I feel that Monster has violated this trust by gratuitously sharing my details with third party clients such as this one. It only causes me to lose that trust and take my business elsewhere. I am receiving more calls and emails about immigration than I am from potential employment prospects. I signed up for Monster to receive assistance with my job search, not immigration!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I should have looked at these reviews sooner! They took my information and solicited it to scammers. I get spam email for insurance companies and they even texted me. They have "horoscopes". There is no help for someone looking for a real job.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Pathetic organization. First they prompted me to buy their resume writing and resume highlighter service. They assured me that they have some reputed employers' vacancies with them which they will provide details to me if I subscribe to their services. They also told me that there will be one account manager assigned for my profile. I purchased their services and paid them around 25000 INR. But to my surprise they have stopped picking my calls also. Till today they have not forwarded my profile to a single employer.

They are just a bunch of thugs, who are trained to loot people's money. They should be ashamed of themselves to loot people's money at the time when they are looking for a job and running tight on house budgets. They earn their salary by looting the job seekers who are in desperate need of job and pay money to these people believing that these people will help them to find a job. If a competent authority is there to take action against them, I request them to please close down their operations completely to avoid poor people getting cheated by them.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Monster.com operates and get their tele-marketers in India to coax people signing up packages that promised to heightened Resume and job seeker's profile thereby landing good jobs; EVEN to extend that guaranteed interviews filling up your calendar. Package promised writing of a good Resume by them; this did not happen! Instead, they sent a Resume of another person and asked me to modify from it. Thereafter, I did hear from them for more than a year till date. Anyone reading Monster reviews by others, I agreed, you just cannot reach them at all. This is a SCAM! So, don't pass them any monies/payment, don't trust them.

Original review: July 12, 2019

The recruitment agency, Monster should be avoided by skilled workers by any means necessary. They are not personable and the advertised jobs sent to me were either unrelated to my career goals, skills and competencies. I strongly recommend any well meaning individual to avoid this agency like a plague.

Monster.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Monster.com began exploring the potential of digital recruiting in 1994 and has since become a popular employment website for job seekers to find potential employment and for employers to list open positions. It is a global company that services over 40 countries.

• Resume posting: While it offers the standard service of applying to jobs online, Monster also offers job seekers the opportunity to post their resumes online in order to be contacted by potential employers. This gives job seekers the opportunity to be approached by interested companies.

• Cover letter and resume help: Monster.com has numerous resources for job seekers who may need some help preparing documents. The Resume Resource Center has writing tips, sample resumes and even a service, Top Resume, that will craft a resume for paying customers.

• Career advice: With pieces about interview preparation, salary negotiations and office etiquette, Monster.com’s Career Advice section has plenty of advice for job seekers at any stage of the employment process.

• Monster Blog: The Monster Blog is a source of news for employers and potential employees focused on the employment process. It is regularly updated to keep its content topical and useful for consumers.

• Hiring solutions: Monster.com offers services to employers looking for new hires. Employers can post a job and receive up to 20 free resumes from job seekers. Other services, like accessing the entire pool of candidates or customizing emails, are available for a fee.

• Best for: Monster.com is best for job seekers looking for a place to host their job materials while actively seeking employment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs