3.6/5 (228 ratings)

About Monster.com

Monster.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Monster is a total scam! My experience had been back in 2015. They charged me almost USD 200 for absolutely nothing. They kept kicking back on me with a slang-English draft of what they believed to be a "gorgeous CV"! They showed no ethics what so ever in ignoring my complaints and demands. I consider their business as illegitimate in all means. They sell honey-speech on calls! Once trapped & charged, they disclose their cheap face right away. I stopped contacting them shortly thereafter; but kept all correspondents for records.

Original review: July 10, 2020

The first mistake I made was to sign up with Monster in the first place. Shortly after that (like minutes) the SPAM began to arrive. No one reads resumes there, the scam-SPAMMERS scrape contact info and then use that to send you garbage. Like jobs that are illegal, or not even close to what my resume describes. And whatever you do, do NOT put a phone number on your resume unless you've got a number just for that. Also don't use your primary email address, create a new one because your inbox will get filled with garbage. I CLOSED my monster account including removing the content of my resume. That was in January 2018. Over 2 years ago! And I'm still getting useless emails sent to me from the monster email system. So clearly monster hangs on to your info and does NOT remove it when you close your account.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Had canceled my profile on Monster years ago and am still get recruiters emailing me for positions halfway across the country using old contact information. Not what I would use for professional searches for positions or for new staff.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Monster never disappoints. I've got a job every time I have tried through Monster.com. Go ahead and give monster a shot. I mean what do you have to lose? Every single time I try with monster.com I always succeed.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I really like Monster. It is to navigate. Always has jobs relevant to search. I like the handy tips that are on the site for instance what is relevant as far as experience. Very helpful. I believe that out of all the search engines Monster will be the one that I find gainful employment that I like.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I opted to post my resume on their site and immediately began long tirade of ROBO calls. I suggest not to post resumes online. This did not end until I changed my phone number. I found that many ads were actually links to other job search websites like Snagajob.com and Jobs.com and Hired.com.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Monster is a good site to research hiring companies but I recommend going to the main company's site to apply if you really want the job you discovered on Monster. Otherwise you'll most likely never hear back on any application filled out.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I know and trust Monster.com since they’ve been out there the longest and their job opportunities are spot on. I’ve searched for job and placed jobs on monster.com so I know both sides of the spectrum. You can find any kind of job on this site from entry level to executive level.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Monster has some of the best results for food service management executive level jobs. I found my last position has Director of ops with Lamadeliene on Monster. The results can even be regionalized for better results.

Original review: June 26, 2020

The resume portion needs improved with MS Word to assist in copy and paste of a resume. Next the overwhelming recruiters sending emails after you update your resume or a simple edit due to bad copy and paste function.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Monster is one of the original Job Search Websites. I just compared it to Indeed for Legal Assistant Jobs in the Santa Cruz, CA area. Indeed was much better. Half a dozen jobs showed up for Indeed, none for Monster. The best feature for Monster has always been its Career Advice section - good information about resume prep, getting ready for interviews, etc. Actually finding a job using Monster, not as good. This comes from someone with 15 years as an Employment Specialist.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Jobs are explained thoroughly and to the point. Very nicely put together. Has a lot of jobs offered. Very easy to go through. Used over and over. Used for the last few years. Much easier than most sites.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I enjoy using the Monster site. It gives you really great search options and also they alert you to job opportunities that come available. Some of their categories are grouped together and I would like to see some of those separated.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Like the feature of the inbox where potential employers can message you if they are interested in you as a candidate and want more info or to arrange an interview. Also like email alerts about jobs that match your previous searches. Makes using this this site easy to navigate and very user friendly.

Original review: June 20, 2020

The site was great. The search was easy and you get options right away. You enter all of your options easy. Part time, full time jobs come up right away. This is a site I will absolutely recommend to anyone and everybody.

Original review: June 19, 2020

In these times I am looking to work from home. Monster has plenty of jobs to tailor my needs. They also have alerts for new jobs that come up on any given day. Great place to find all the most recent stay at home or not employment.

Original review: June 18, 2020

It met my expectations, but that's it. I need a job now. The waiting is hard. It takes forever for someone to respond, I guess because I have a very limited field I’m looking into could be the reason I didn't get hired yet.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Monster is super outdated - not many jobs. Dominated by thousands of agency bots. Would not recommend. I am not sure how they still in business. Hope Linkedin buys them out and puts them out of their misery.

Original review: June 13, 2020

They have a lot jobs offers and they keep it the website update for new listings through out the day to help people to find jobs they want and you can do a search on job you looking for.

Original review: June 12, 2020

None of the jobs I have been matched with remotely match my resume. I have been matched with truck driver, mechanic and food service personnel. I have a master's degree in education. The jobs aren’t even in my state.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Updated on 07/31/2020: This is a follow up with my previous review as to update on how Monster handles its cases. ZERO customer support, more like bullying. Today July 31, 2020, again received a call from a firm representing Monster Jobs demanding payment. At the beginning of June, right after I had posted the first review, the Firm that contacted me dropped the case against me. Now, I got a new firm demanding payment immediately, and when I told them that I wanted a written demand, they said that they did not need to do so. So far, it's all been phone calls and bullying over the phone. It doesn't matter Quebec's law give me rights, they overlook them. It s now been 9 months since Monster's grip is been pressuring my life. Their psychological damage and the stress brought affect the stability of my person and those around me.

I really wish people read my story so that they are aware of the dirty practices Monster jobs follows. Monster jobs it s really been the worst experience of my life. Bully, deceit, and coercion are but few ways to describe what the experience with Monster jobs is. As for the Monster Jobs customer service that says that I did not follow up to their request to help, I did contact the original Monster Jobs seller, as per what the previous law firm that Monster jobs gave the case to asked, but no answer at all from the original sales Monster representative.
______________________________

June 4. It's been six (six) months. I've tried sorting this negative issue with Monster Worldwide. Do you want to silence me Monster Worldwide jobs? People deserve to know what they sign up for with Monster Worldwide. In their contract you need to read: "2. Term and Termination. This agreement shall commence on the date Monster receives this Agreement executed by Customer and shall continue for a period of one year (the Initial Term) unless earlier terminated in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement." ---Which if you look through the agreement, they do not provide any.

Bear in mind what follows: ''Expiration or termination of this Agreement will not terminate any outstanding Sales Order and the terms this Agreement shall survive any termination with respect to such Sales Order for the term of such Sales Order''----In other words, it does not matter what your reason is, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE PAYING THE COMPLETE AMOUNT to Monster. By signing this contract you basically GAVE UP YOUR RIGHTS AND POWER! It doesn't matter if I was misled into signing by the Monster representative, they made sure I had no rights thereafter. I write so that others don't fall in the trap, and regret it for the rest of their lives, for I do not know how long this issue will still take yet.

Original Review: Before signing, salesperson promised everything was possible. My request was to check payment ability prior to consent for services. I was told no problem: sign first. I was helping someone else post a job, but the catch was that it was an overseas card. If unable to process payment via that method, we couldn’t continue the agreement. Salesperson (Esperanza **) said she understood. Made me sign under promise that my request was understood. To my regret, I realized that once signed, there was no going back and I was held responsible.

The salesperson denied all agreements, said that I had signed so I had to pay. Beware this was within the same week of the agreement. Their contract makes you renounce all your rights, and overrides Quebec s basic right to stop a contract within the time allowed by law. I was caught for a year with a service that deceived me from the start, and instead of providing customer service I was threatened; she said they would send a collection agency. Then she vanished and abandoned me to the accounts dept. Then the legal, collection etc etc. A lawyer called and disregarded all the lawful actions I undertook within the lawful time in my province and country. It been half a year and this nightmare continues.

Do not sign a contract, so not buy long term services... You will waste your money and time - once the sale is done, the seller gets her commission and you are thrown into a hole. It s been such a stressful situation, it has affected me psychologically, my family and has had a negative impact in my studies and my life overall. Being threatened to be taken to court just for someone to make a commission - it is just not worth it.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I made the huge mistake of paying them for resume builder and resume promotion services. They are nothing but a scam!

- They make some substandard resume and make you go back and forth 20 times. By then you're fed up and decide to do it yourself anyways.
- They don't promote your resume to anyone except scam companies who start calling you for more payment.

- They sell your details to other scamsters who lure you to apply for foreign countries' immigration by paying again!

Original review: May 12, 2020

I used monster.com on the advice of a friend to place an ad for an open position for a doctor. We hired someone and I have now spent 3 months trying to cancel the ad and be reimbursed charges to our card. I’ve been told on several occasions it was cancelled, we would receive full credit for 2 months only to be charged again with NO credit. After all that, I was then told they only credited 1 month as a courtesy, which is not was I was told by the last person I dealt with. I have spent HOURS trying to get this resolved and the money credited back to our card and gotten nowhere. I will never use them again because it is most definitely not what they say they are! I don’t even think they deserve a 1 rating because it’s been an awful experience!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The Monster Resume Writing service starts out strong, with a comprehensive on-line questionnaire about your background. And that's the best it ever gets. My first draft was returned with roughly 80% of the writing extracted directly from my earlier submitted resumes, with the remaining 20% a random collection of buzz-phrases totally unrelated to my actual experience. I got the sense that the writer was not a native English speaker. There was also no insight as to the appropriate length for a CV, how many years should be covered, and really any other design/content choice. Customer service emailed me following my feedback on their first effort to schedule a call. 20 minutes before the call, they emailed again, complaining that my number was an international call for them, and perhaps I could make the call myself. The scheduled call was ultimately canceled/postponed 5 minutes prior to the event.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Please be very careful with their sales people. Big time fraud they are and once the sale is done they don't care and unfortunately you have to keep paying them as per the agreement as you cannot even cancel on your end. I had such a bad experience that I cannot express. It taught me a lesson that take everything in writing and don't trust them at all over the phone as they will say everything over the phone to sell the job portal to you. Big time FRAUD sales team.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Hey, so I am giving one star because you have to rate it and there is no rating below one. Anyway, I spoke to one of the recruiters and we had an initial discussion wherein they would forward my CV, previous job experience letter and joining letter and one passport sized photograph. After this discussion I sent my necessary documents to their service email ID. Upon sending I was informed that the company which I was trying for will send a confirmation mail for a telephonic interview, which I received and I was supposed to call my recruiter.

Unfortunately I got stuck in an emergency and could not check my phone. In the span of 20 mins, I must have received at least 50 calls and when I finally got the chance to check my phone there was a message from this recruiter in a very unprofessional manner that if I didn't want this job I shouldn't have wasted their time and since I did not pick up their call all of the documents that I had sent will be blocked for a year and I won't be able to apply for any other job. After I told the recruiter that I'll be taking legal action because nothing if this sort was mentioned in any of the emails, he started telling me if I don't give the interview his salary will be cut, and ever since this recruiter has been calling me non-stop.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Many years ago I used Monster in Europe and they helped get my career along, that’s why I was evidently too trusting when Monster called offering help again. I wish I had read these reviews first! Their career advisor got in touch with me after looking at my CV from their site. They offered a “discount” on their advertised CV and Job Search services. The price was still very high but they promised that they would provide me with access to an exclusive part of their data bank and that with this access along with the other services, with my years of experience and domain, I would be able to get exactly the type of position I was looking for within a great salary range and within 2 months. They also claimed that they had a high success rate in exactly what I was looking for. Again, I had used Monster before (not these services) and was happy with what I got out of it but clearly things have really gone downhill since.

Since getting their services I repeatedly reminded them that none of the recruiters contacting me were offering the positions that their CV tailoring promised I would market myself towards. The 1 or 2 that did offered salary ranges that were at around 60% of the lower range of what had been promised. And even then, they would not reply when I supplied them with the information that they asked for.

This is a scam service, do not pay them anything! Their “career advisors“ are only interested in taking your money and the rest of the company does not care on following through on the guarantees that they promise. Only the CV service came through although given how little impact it had, you can ask if they really added any value.

They target unemployed people at their most vulnerable and scam them out of whatever they think they can get. When I pointed this out they told me to just wait, another 4 months, totally ignoring their original guarantee of viable positions within 2 months. If I had the luxury of waiting 3 times longer, I would not invest more than 34k INR to accelerate my search!

I promptly asked for a refund for a failure on their part to deliver the promised service and this is when I saw how little they care about their customer; they emailed me a long list of hoops to jump through to her me get my goal, all related to having me make further use of their services! Their customer services then feigned ignorance, refusing to acknowledge the contents of my email and sent me back to the same scam artist who took my money. Do not make the same mistake I did, they are not a reputable organisation. Keep your money, stay far away from them and warn others! Monster is not what it once was.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

If you're reading this before you wasted time dealing with Monster, then you're smarter than I was. Monster is a scam artist, plain and simple. My experience echoes the plethora of awful, and mostly 1 star, reviews already posted, so I'll limit this to what I think is pertinent. I was emailed by "Jessica" at Monster offering to review and assess how my resume appears to potential employers. I happily accepted, and a few hours later she replied that the assessment was ready to view.

My Summary, according to the assessment, appeared just as I had intended and looked very favorable. Similarly the details highlighted by ATS showed that my skills and level of competency best fit me for the exact type of role I am seeking. However, the assessment indicated my resume "lacking enough solid accomplishments" and "needed more information" and "might not pass recruiter's screening software".

This contradiction was odd, even so, hiring a professional writer seemed advisable, so I decided to give it a shot. I jumped into Monster's chat and asked how to begin the dialogue with the writers to confirm they could make my resume better. Monster said that wasn't possible until after I paid, upfront, in full, with no refunds. Eh? No reputable company charges $350 to provide professional services, but doesn't allow the actual professionals to demonstrate or confirm that their services could add value. Anyone that has used or provides a service knows this.

Let's not forget the 100% "satisfaction" guarantee - "If you're not happy, we'll rewrite it for free... one time." Lol, Imagine biting into a cheese-burger and finding a used band-aid, and the manager tells you (after all the screaming a crying stops) "Don't worry, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee... I'll make you one more!" Time is the one thing in this life we can never get back, and those crooks wasted over an hour of mine. I truly hope the time anyone spends reading this saves them a lot more in the end.

Regards,

-F.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

They got in touch with me when I updated in LinkedIn and Naukri, that I had resigned from my current company & was actively looking for opportunities. I was based in China & they called for jobs in Singapore (monster.com.sg). The salespeople were based in Hyderabad and informed me that they had multiple openings in SG and I need to buy their service to avail those opportunities. They named all big banks and consulting companies and told that for my experience (12 yrs) I can easily get >12000 SGD per month. They quoted the price as INR 28,500, but as I was in China and all my bank cards were not working, I could arrange for maximum INR 25.000. He made me stay on the call and agreed to give the service for INR 25k.

They worked on the resume and created a 2 page resume, in 4-5 days (The resume was fine). However, it has been already >30 days & I have not received a single mail or call regarding any job opportunity. I called them up in between, and the sales guy told me that there were a few recruiters who tried to contact me on my China number, however as I was in India, they could not reach me. It was an outright lie, as I had provided both the Indian & Chinese phone number. He told that they would be forwarding, but nothing yet.

So, I believe that they are a group of fraudsters, who are trying to loot people, at a time when they are broke and without any job. They must be seriously ashamed of themselves. My advise to others would be that stay away from all these paid services from the job portals. If a company needs people, and if you have the right capabilities, the company will find you anyways.. You don't need to pay to these sort of mediators/dalaals. Happy job hunting..

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

My contact details have been shared by Monster with A2W Immigration services. I did not authorize or consent to having my contact details shared with this organization, as the nature of their business does not align in any way with my needs or interests. A2W has contacted me on a persistent and continuous basis by telephone and email requesting that I avail of their immigration services. I have categorically stated each time I have been contacted that I do not require such services because I am a US citizen!

I have already requested multiple times that A2W cease and desist with its bombarding phone calls and e-mails but they continue to fail to heed my request. I have reported this to their business and flagged their messages as spam and yet this has not deterred them. This is becoming very irritating and is not characteristic of sound business practices by any organizational standards. Despite these efforts, however, the calls and e-mails persist in a harassing manner. I have already asked that Monster kindly no longer share my information so gratuitously with companies like A2W that use this information to inconvenience and bombard its customers with phone calls and e-mails.

I have been a loyal and dedicated Monster Gulf customer for years. This relationship has been fostered on mutual trust and respect. I feel that Monster has violated this trust by gratuitously sharing my details with third party clients such as this one. It only causes me to lose that trust and take my business elsewhere. I am receiving more calls and emails about immigration than I am from potential employment prospects. I signed up for Monster to receive assistance with my job search, not immigration!

Monster.com Company Information