3.7/5 (197 ratings)

About Monster.com

Monster.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

After a week of signing in to their site, I receive a lot of spam credit card offers. They will send you a random job offer that doesn't fit your job description or skills. Even after deleting my account I still receive spammy credit card offers. I highly suggest not to subscribe or signup for their site, you will regret it! Your information is not safe. If there's a negative star rating for their site. I definitely give them -5 stars.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

India based companies have been pretending to be recruiters so they can gather resumes to fish out skills to use in Resumes for Green Card holders in the United States. Monster.com is the biggest culprit. Since posting my resume on Monster.com, I am inundated with spam calls from fake india recruiters offering job opportunities way outside my stated desired positions in my profile on Monster. Almost 50% of the phone calls I am getting are from indian speaking, fake corporations offering contract jobs all over the country. They call as late as 9 p.m. Eastern Time. They have sent emails claiming to have spoken to me and to send my resume to them as soon as possible. So if you are job hunting, do not use Monster.com, they are the single source of these phishing scams from India.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Very bad service by Monster recruitment, they are nicely talking till they get money, don't care to serve the customer. They promised something and not honour it. Don't go with them and waste your money, better put it in trash instead of paying to monster.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have purchased the career booster at Monsterindia.com and I am satisfied with the amount I paid for. The Team has been very professional and cooperative. Though I have received a opportunity after 3 months of paying for the Xpress resume+ service, it is a relevant opportunity.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

As recruiters, we have a system of testing and retesting different job boards. We haven't used Monster.com in years, so wanted to try them out again against our staples of Indeed and Linkedin. We paid $650 for a month of access and didn't get one interview from it. That same spend on Indeed would get us 1 or 2 hires. I would stay clear of this group and look elsewhere.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I created a profile and resume on Monster a few days ago and made sure it was private on not public view. I had not yet applied for any positions. I had my most personal information listed on my resume and profile due to when I apply directly with a company of my choosing, I will know the company, that it's truly local and trust them with my info. Well, I started getting MASS amounts of emails from all over the country, mostly foreign names, mostly claiming to be placement agencies in which I am NOT applying with and some are completely fraudulent. Monster allowed all my most personal information to be in public view although I was careful to make sure I chose it was NOT. VERY UNETHICAL and scary company. They have lost their morals and values. STAY AWAY, it's not the Monster Jobs of long ago when they honored your choice of not allowing public view of your information.

I may have to change my email address due to this mess and a lot of important people/companies have my email who are trustworthy. I am beside myself and scared it's all going to end up all over the internet, sold to data brokers or whatever the sleeze all over the internet is called who publishes everyone's info against the will of the person. My personal info is not on the internet due to a stalking situation...so yes, I am beside myself. I had no idea that Monster had become regular sleeze and Career Builder did the same thing...However, I did apply for two jobs to what I thought was an actual company opening, not a placement agency. After I applied to them, same thing, mass crazy crap coming in and for jobs I have no experience or education in...because it's a scam.

After I applied to one of the companies, I get an email from a company with a totally different name...I figured out that it was the company I had applied to...It was food service industry in which I do not work...A customer service rep from Monster said that all he could see was my WA Work Source Account, so these people have access to that as well. Funny, I don't have anything on public view on Work Source, but I do have an account, scary times, be careful, the companies that use to have morals, values, and were trustworthy are no longer these kinds of companies...I am making a complaint to the AG and even thought of a class action law suit, but right now I am just really upset and very sick at the thought of my personal info...address, phone, email, all my previous employers in the hands of mass people, many frauds, most with foreign names. BEWARE, DON'T SIGN UP with Monster or Career Builder...Find another way to seek out open positions in your area.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I have been looking for a job for 2 months. I waited until very recently to add my resume to Monster.com. Almost immediately after submitting my resume, I started receiving a constant stream of spam calls from overseas call centers for irrelevant temp jobs. Not a single call about an actual relevant, full-time position. Apparently "allow employers to contact me" means "immediately sell off my information to anyone and everyone that wants it". After using services like LinkedIn and Indeed, Monster.com just feels incredibly cheap and spammy and I honestly don't know why anyone would use it at this point.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Monster is a total scam! My experience had been back in 2015. They charged me almost USD 200 for absolutely nothing. They kept kicking back on me with a slang-English draft of what they believed to be a "gorgeous CV"! They showed no ethics what so ever in ignoring my complaints and demands. I consider their business as illegitimate in all means. They sell honey-speech on calls! Once trapped & charged, they disclose their cheap face right away. I stopped contacting them shortly thereafter; but kept all correspondents for records.

Original review: July 10, 2020

The first mistake I made was to sign up with Monster in the first place. Shortly after that (like minutes) the SPAM began to arrive. No one reads resumes there, the scam-SPAMMERS scrape contact info and then use that to send you garbage. Like jobs that are illegal, or not even close to what my resume describes. And whatever you do, do NOT put a phone number on your resume unless you've got a number just for that. Also don't use your primary email address, create a new one because your inbox will get filled with garbage. I CLOSED my monster account including removing the content of my resume. That was in January 2018. Over 2 years ago! And I'm still getting useless emails sent to me from the monster email system. So clearly monster hangs on to your info and does NOT remove it when you close your account.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Had canceled my profile on Monster years ago and am still get recruiters emailing me for positions halfway across the country using old contact information. Not what I would use for professional searches for positions or for new staff.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Monster never disappoints. I've got a job every time I have tried through Monster.com. Go ahead and give monster a shot. I mean what do you have to lose? Every single time I try with monster.com I always succeed.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I really like Monster. It is to navigate. Always has jobs relevant to search. I like the handy tips that are on the site for instance what is relevant as far as experience. Very helpful. I believe that out of all the search engines Monster will be the one that I find gainful employment that I like.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I opted to post my resume on their site and immediately began long tirade of ROBO calls. I suggest not to post resumes online. This did not end until I changed my phone number. I found that many ads were actually links to other job search websites like Snagajob.com and Jobs.com and Hired.com.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Monster is a good site to research hiring companies but I recommend going to the main company's site to apply if you really want the job you discovered on Monster. Otherwise you'll most likely never hear back on any application filled out.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I know and trust Monster.com since they’ve been out there the longest and their job opportunities are spot on. I’ve searched for job and placed jobs on monster.com so I know both sides of the spectrum. You can find any kind of job on this site from entry level to executive level.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Monster has some of the best results for food service management executive level jobs. I found my last position has Director of ops with Lamadeliene on Monster. The results can even be regionalized for better results.

Original review: June 26, 2020

The resume portion needs improved with MS Word to assist in copy and paste of a resume. Next the overwhelming recruiters sending emails after you update your resume or a simple edit due to bad copy and paste function.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Monster is one of the original Job Search Websites. I just compared it to Indeed for Legal Assistant Jobs in the Santa Cruz, CA area. Indeed was much better. Half a dozen jobs showed up for Indeed, none for Monster. The best feature for Monster has always been its Career Advice section - good information about resume prep, getting ready for interviews, etc. Actually finding a job using Monster, not as good. This comes from someone with 15 years as an Employment Specialist.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Jobs are explained thoroughly and to the point. Very nicely put together. Has a lot of jobs offered. Very easy to go through. Used over and over. Used for the last few years. Much easier than most sites.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I enjoy using the Monster site. It gives you really great search options and also they alert you to job opportunities that come available. Some of their categories are grouped together and I would like to see some of those separated.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Like the feature of the inbox where potential employers can message you if they are interested in you as a candidate and want more info or to arrange an interview. Also like email alerts about jobs that match your previous searches. Makes using this this site easy to navigate and very user friendly.

Original review: June 20, 2020

The site was great. The search was easy and you get options right away. You enter all of your options easy. Part time, full time jobs come up right away. This is a site I will absolutely recommend to anyone and everybody.

Original review: June 19, 2020

In these times I am looking to work from home. Monster has plenty of jobs to tailor my needs. They also have alerts for new jobs that come up on any given day. Great place to find all the most recent stay at home or not employment.

Original review: June 18, 2020

It met my expectations, but that's it. I need a job now. The waiting is hard. It takes forever for someone to respond, I guess because I have a very limited field I’m looking into could be the reason I didn't get hired yet.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Monster is super outdated - not many jobs. Dominated by thousands of agency bots. Would not recommend. I am not sure how they still in business. Hope Linkedin buys them out and puts them out of their misery.

Original review: June 13, 2020

They have a lot jobs offers and they keep it the website update for new listings through out the day to help people to find jobs they want and you can do a search on job you looking for.

Original review: June 12, 2020

None of the jobs I have been matched with remotely match my resume. I have been matched with truck driver, mechanic and food service personnel. I have a master's degree in education. The jobs aren’t even in my state.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Updated on 07/31/2020: This is a follow up with my previous review as to update on how Monster handles its cases. ZERO customer support, more like bullying. Today July 31, 2020, again received a call from a firm representing Monster Jobs demanding payment. At the beginning of June, right after I had posted the first review, the Firm that contacted me dropped the case against me. Now, I got a new firm demanding payment immediately, and when I told them that I wanted a written demand, they said that they did not need to do so. So far, it's all been phone calls and bullying over the phone. It doesn't matter Quebec's law give me rights, they overlook them. It s now been 9 months since Monster's grip is been pressuring my life. Their psychological damage and the stress brought affect the stability of my person and those around me.

I really wish people read my story so that they are aware of the dirty practices Monster jobs follows. Monster jobs it s really been the worst experience of my life. Bully, deceit, and coercion are but few ways to describe what the experience with Monster jobs is. As for the Monster Jobs customer service that says that I did not follow up to their request to help, I did contact the original Monster Jobs seller, as per what the previous law firm that Monster jobs gave the case to asked, but no answer at all from the original sales Monster representative.
______________________________

June 4. It's been six (six) months. I've tried sorting this negative issue with Monster Worldwide. Do you want to silence me Monster Worldwide jobs? People deserve to know what they sign up for with Monster Worldwide. In their contract you need to read: "2. Term and Termination. This agreement shall commence on the date Monster receives this Agreement executed by Customer and shall continue for a period of one year (the Initial Term) unless earlier terminated in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement." ---Which if you look through the agreement, they do not provide any.

Bear in mind what follows: ''Expiration or termination of this Agreement will not terminate any outstanding Sales Order and the terms this Agreement shall survive any termination with respect to such Sales Order for the term of such Sales Order''----In other words, it does not matter what your reason is, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE PAYING THE COMPLETE AMOUNT to Monster. By signing this contract you basically GAVE UP YOUR RIGHTS AND POWER! It doesn't matter if I was misled into signing by the Monster representative, they made sure I had no rights thereafter. I write so that others don't fall in the trap, and regret it for the rest of their lives, for I do not know how long this issue will still take yet.

Original Review: Before signing, salesperson promised everything was possible. My request was to check payment ability prior to consent for services. I was told no problem: sign first. I was helping someone else post a job, but the catch was that it was an overseas card. If unable to process payment via that method, we couldn’t continue the agreement. Salesperson (Esperanza **) said she understood. Made me sign under promise that my request was understood. To my regret, I realized that once signed, there was no going back and I was held responsible.

The salesperson denied all agreements, said that I had signed so I had to pay. Beware this was within the same week of the agreement. Their contract makes you renounce all your rights, and overrides Quebec s basic right to stop a contract within the time allowed by law. I was caught for a year with a service that deceived me from the start, and instead of providing customer service I was threatened; she said they would send a collection agency. Then she vanished and abandoned me to the accounts dept. Then the legal, collection etc etc. A lawyer called and disregarded all the lawful actions I undertook within the lawful time in my province and country. It been half a year and this nightmare continues.

Do not sign a contract, so not buy long term services... You will waste your money and time - once the sale is done, the seller gets her commission and you are thrown into a hole. It s been such a stressful situation, it has affected me psychologically, my family and has had a negative impact in my studies and my life overall. Being threatened to be taken to court just for someone to make a commission - it is just not worth it.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I made the huge mistake of paying them for resume builder and resume promotion services. They are nothing but a scam!

- They make some substandard resume and make you go back and forth 20 times. By then you're fed up and decide to do it yourself anyways.
- They don't promote your resume to anyone except scam companies who start calling you for more payment.

- They sell your details to other scamsters who lure you to apply for foreign countries' immigration by paying again!

Original review: May 12, 2020

I used monster.com on the advice of a friend to place an ad for an open position for a doctor. We hired someone and I have now spent 3 months trying to cancel the ad and be reimbursed charges to our card. I’ve been told on several occasions it was cancelled, we would receive full credit for 2 months only to be charged again with NO credit. After all that, I was then told they only credited 1 month as a courtesy, which is not was I was told by the last person I dealt with. I have spent HOURS trying to get this resolved and the money credited back to our card and gotten nowhere. I will never use them again because it is most definitely not what they say they are! I don’t even think they deserve a 1 rating because it’s been an awful experience!

Monster.com Company Information