2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.70/5

Hiring? Post your job today.

Reach top candidates on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Hiring? Post your job today.

Reach top candidates on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Glassdoor Reviews

Original review: March 1, 2020

Here at glassdoor you can apply with ease. You get to know more information of the company that you are applying for from reviews to expected salary. These information helped me a lot in my decision making.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Job seekers looking to narrow their search results have limited ranges in the search categories. Although you are able to search by distance from a city; the option goes from 15 miles, to 25 miles, to 50 miles, to 100 miles. That may be realistic when you are searching in the middle of Montana where drive times are less than one minute per mile. However, when driving in congested areas, like Atlanta, where 1 mile may take you 3-5 minutes, expanding your search radius from 25 to 50 miles could add hours to your commute. There needs to be a condensed range on the scale. Likewise, the salary filtering is horrible.

If I start a brand new search, only entering Atlanta, GA as my location, I am shown 81,000+ jobs. The salary range defaulted to $3K-$531K. If I try to change the salary range, Glassdoor only allows you to slide a scale which leaps from a minimum pay of $3K to the next option which is $135K! How does that make sense? I'm looking for jobs that pay between $80K-$120K. How do I do that? In summary, this site needs a lot of help on its ability to allow job seekers to apply filters for finding the correct job, with the correct salary range, within the correct commute, for their unique situations. Until they do that, I'll have to stick with Indeed and a few other sites.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I recently started an account on Glassdoor to hire employees, but I never had a chance to finish the post and later forgot about it altogether. Until I received a charge on my account of three hundred dollars that I never approved (knowingly) and they did have 6 resumes when I went back to check. Of course the applicants were not what I was looking for. To me this site has bad business practices by undermining and scamming money from people just looking for help. I recommend Indeed or at the very least, the better option would be to cold call people in your community because this site is here to take money from as many people as possible before the jig is up. Don't fall for their deception. Good luck out there!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Had an account on Glassdoor for maybe 3 months, Would not let me access my account until I posted a salary or wrote a review, tried and tried to leave a review of past employer and Every time I hit submit, an error message would pop up and not let me Post, Error messages kept popping up even though everything was correct! This site is slow and real hard to navigate, Don't waste the time!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Jobseekers beware and don't open this door! Glassdoor requires that you sign up for other multiple services and job websites in order to progress in the job application process! Then when you finally get to the submit an application section it displays a "sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties" message which kicks you off the website! I clicked no on the furthering your education sections but I am receiving constant calls from college placement services. Many hang up the instant they identify me providing no service at all and the others rudely hang up the instant I point out that I am already enrolled in a college!

I never did get to submit an application for the job I clicked on to apply for after uploading my resume. The jobs they sent as a match we no match and hours away from where I live! I asked to delete the service and profile and while it confirmed that I had unsubscribed it again went into an error state when that request was being processed! The calls and emails won't stop and they have been no help at all!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glassdoor?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I wrote two reviews on Glassdoor's website for two of my employers, one previous, one current. Both of these were immediately removed. When I asked Glassdoor why this occurred, they told me I broke the following community guideline: "Each individual is allowed one review, per employer, per year, per review type."

These two reviews are my only reviews, so this guideline was clearly not broken. Furthermore, they told me that my account is "compromised" and any reviews written in the future will be removed. What is ridiculous about this is that they told me there is no way to fix this. They made a mistake and have no process to remedy it, which is ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Glassdoor is not only unethical in how they charge people high fees without notice, but they claim to NEVER remove any reviews for any reason, but my former employer SimpleBet in New York has clearly been getting them to remove very important reviews. There are people trying to warn the world about what a scam this company is and prevent people from falling into their trap, and Glassdoor is removing these? How about some ethics!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I am a poor college student trying to find employees for my startup. With no information or warning, I was hit with their most expensive charge, $245, and left with no way to dispute it. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of them via phone, email, or contact form. DO NOT USE.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Unauthorized charges. Had to dispute as fraud. This company is garbage. Stick with Indeed. They charged me $225 then refused to refund me. I emailed them and they were completely uncooperative. Do yourself a favor and don't deal with these people. They don't understand customer service.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Entered all data for a free trial job posting including my credit card before I realized that beyond the free trial I would be automatically charged fees I thought too high. Despite quitting the web site without authorizing charges, somehow they went through anyway. I never again visited the site or reviewed any of the 7 candidates that applied, which they acknowledge, and did not know I was registered until a $225 fee appeared on the credit card. I immediately deactivated the account, 3 days after the charge but they will not credit me. Beware!

Bob **

Glassdoor author review by ConsumerAffairs

Glassdoor, as it name implies, is a job and recruitment marketplace that relies on transparency and clarity to help facilitate the employment process. With a database of millions of salary reports, company and interview reviews, office photos, CEO approval ratings and more, Glassdoor gives job seekers and employers information to make informed employment decisions.

• Company reviews: Glassdoor’s main feature is its information about the companies and jobs listed. Current and past employees can rate and review the companies they worked for, giving job seekers some insight about what to expect from potential employers.

• Salary information: Glassdoor also lists job salaries of featured companies and calculates national averages. Consumers can then see how their salaries compare with others’ and make informed decisions about where to apply for work.

• Mobile app: The Glassdoor mobile app allows consumers to monitor their job search from anywhere.

• Glassdoor blog: Glassdoor’s regularly updated blog offers articles about salary negotiation, healthy work habits and other useful topics for people looking for employment.

• Glassdoor employer solutions: Employers can set up profiles to post jobs and gather analytics based on employee reviews as well as learn how to write an effective job posting. Companies can set up a free profile, and job advertisement is available for a fee.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team