2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Glassdoor Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glassdoor?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glassdoor?

Original review: June 27, 2020

Job ads are targeted to my skills. It gives a synopsis and can drive down to detail. This way I can selectively choose what I want to look at. It also proved the salary or salary range. This is a plus. In terms of other features, one can look up the reviews left by current and past employees of the target company allowing one to get a better feel for it.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I have applied for eight jobs through Glassdoor. The company sends me Job listings quite often. I have had two interviews with a couple of banks due to the fact of Glassdoor referring me. I haven’t been hired yet but staying optimistic I will find the correct job for me through this company.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Here at glassdoor you can apply with ease. You get to know more information of the company that you are applying for from reviews to expected salary. These information helped me a lot in my decision making.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Put simply, Glassdoor is site that allows disgruntled employees to vent their spleen about past or current employers with the protection of anonymity. Without context, these reviews are most gossip, and generally slanderous. Anyone wanting genuine feedback on what it is like to really work in an organization is better off seeking a direct connection via LinkedIn. Don't waste your time with Glassdoor, or worse miss out on a real career opportunity because of some Muppet that wasn't a good fit for the place.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I just used Glassdoor services for free trial and after that without any notification, without any email or any consent they deducted money from my account and that too 571sgd which is like insane for a month, I never registered for any paid payment plan and neither used any service. After reporting several times, email comes that "management has not approved your request." I have been calling them, sending email but nothing has happened so far., There should be some fair charges if they want to deduct which also doesn't make sense but deducting such a huge amount is like...Hope i can get some help and figure out how to resolve this issue and where can I take this forward.

Please don't use free trial. It's a trap just to take money even if you don't use service and charges are like huge!! If anyone can help me in this would really appreciate. They are replying like glad next month is not cut. That is because when I got to know I had to block my card so that they don't deduct again else one more transaction. Plus saying CVs are relevant, that doesn't matter as I didn't use any. Thank you!

Original review: July 10, 2020

I lost my job after sharing my company review with Glassdoor. I was terminated after 2 weeks of reviewing my employer NES GLOBAL TALENT. How come this can happen to any employee. I used to have meeting with my manager and lead which they indirectly named it as performance issue and removed me. I belonged to pilot batch, there was no chance of removing me from team. I was top performer. I was whistleblower. I can't trust my team lead or anyone at office hence reviewed with glassdoor but now lost job during covid 19.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Job seekers looking to narrow their search results have limited ranges in the search categories. Although you are able to search by distance from a city; the option goes from 15 miles, to 25 miles, to 50 miles, to 100 miles. That may be realistic when you are searching in the middle of Montana where drive times are less than one minute per mile. However, when driving in congested areas, like Atlanta, where 1 mile may take you 3-5 minutes, expanding your search radius from 25 to 50 miles could add hours to your commute. There needs to be a condensed range on the scale. Likewise, the salary filtering is horrible.

If I start a brand new search, only entering Atlanta, GA as my location, I am shown 81,000+ jobs. The salary range defaulted to $3K-$531K. If I try to change the salary range, Glassdoor only allows you to slide a scale which leaps from a minimum pay of $3K to the next option which is $135K! How does that make sense? I'm looking for jobs that pay between $80K-$120K. How do I do that? In summary, this site needs a lot of help on its ability to allow job seekers to apply filters for finding the correct job, with the correct salary range, within the correct commute, for their unique situations. Until they do that, I'll have to stick with Indeed and a few other sites.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I recently started an account on Glassdoor to hire employees, but I never had a chance to finish the post and later forgot about it altogether. Until I received a charge on my account of three hundred dollars that I never approved (knowingly) and they did have 6 resumes when I went back to check. Of course the applicants were not what I was looking for. To me this site has bad business practices by undermining and scamming money from people just looking for help. I recommend Indeed or at the very least, the better option would be to cold call people in your community because this site is here to take money from as many people as possible before the jig is up. Don't fall for their deception. Good luck out there!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Had an account on Glassdoor for maybe 3 months, Would not let me access my account until I posted a salary or wrote a review, tried and tried to leave a review of past employer and Every time I hit submit, an error message would pop up and not let me Post, Error messages kept popping up even though everything was correct! This site is slow and real hard to navigate, Don't waste the time!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Jobseekers beware and don't open this door! Glassdoor requires that you sign up for other multiple services and job websites in order to progress in the job application process! Then when you finally get to the submit an application section it displays a "sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties" message which kicks you off the website! I clicked no on the furthering your education sections but I am receiving constant calls from college placement services. Many hang up the instant they identify me providing no service at all and the others rudely hang up the instant I point out that I am already enrolled in a college!

I never did get to submit an application for the job I clicked on to apply for after uploading my resume. The jobs they sent as a match we no match and hours away from where I live! I asked to delete the service and profile and while it confirmed that I had unsubscribed it again went into an error state when that request was being processed! The calls and emails won't stop and they have been no help at all!

Glassdoor author review by ConsumerAffairs

Glassdoor, as it name implies, is a job and recruitment marketplace that relies on transparency and clarity to help facilitate the employment process. With a database of millions of salary reports, company and interview reviews, office photos, CEO approval ratings and more, Glassdoor gives job seekers and employers information to make informed employment decisions.

• Company reviews: Glassdoor’s main feature is its information about the companies and jobs listed. Current and past employees can rate and review the companies they worked for, giving job seekers some insight about what to expect from potential employers.

• Salary information: Glassdoor also lists job salaries of featured companies and calculates national averages. Consumers can then see how their salaries compare with others’ and make informed decisions about where to apply for work.

• Mobile app: The Glassdoor mobile app allows consumers to monitor their job search from anywhere.

• Glassdoor blog: Glassdoor’s regularly updated blog offers articles about salary negotiation, healthy work habits and other useful topics for people looking for employment.

• Glassdoor employer solutions: Employers can set up profiles to post jobs and gather analytics based on employee reviews as well as learn how to write an effective job posting. Companies can set up a free profile, and job advertisement is available for a fee.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team