3.60/5

29 Glassdoor Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

This company only posts positive reviews, even if they know these are fake reviews (ex:non-existent company location, non-existent positions). I posted an honest review about my experiences with my previous employer. A few other employees did the same. Everything was written in a professional manner. The next thing, all those reviews got deleted. Instead, the employer hired some unknown individuals to write fake positive reviews about the company. Not only these reviews were fake, they included fake location and fake job titles that never existed in the company. I notified Glassdoor about fake reviews. They answered that those fake reviews are fine, since they don't violate Glassdoor's community guidelines. Glassdoor deleted all honest reviews and kept all fake reviews.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I decided to try advertising for a position that was free, but quickly changed to $250/mo for a single ad - more money than many other places I use. The resumes and spam that ensued yielded zero qualified candidates. It was a mix of people who don't live in the area or just don't have the skills for the job, which were succinctly outlined in the ad. I would compare it to craigslist in terms of quality of applicants, but of course that is much less-expensive. Also craigslist generates more applicants overall. Also, when sampling searches to see what job-seekers see, I realize the site's search will invariably include jobs entirely unrelated to one another - and to the search terms - so it would be sort of a fishing exercise for the right candidate to find the right job.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Glassdoor posted a profile of my company which matches in name only. Posts do not match the services we provide. Salaries are not even close to the salaries we pay. There is no mechanism to correct false posts. Posts are contradictory and probably created by Glassdoor staff. I wrote complaints to the management which were totally ignored.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Do not make a decision to work for a specific company based on a Glassdoor review. I worked for the most toxic company you can ever imagine working for. I left a detailed review which I later saw was removed. The company originally had an average of 2 in reviews. The reason they even reached 2 was that the CEO left a positive review himself. There were other negative reviews, in addition to mine. They were all removed, I noticed... And replaced with positive reviews which I could see were made by management.

I mean, just from the text itself, I could point out who specifically wrote them. We're talking about reviews warning people to stay away from such a toxic company... The toxicity level reached the point where an employee reached such a level of depression that once they weren't working there anymore, spent a year in bed, unable to even look for a new workplace- putting the family in horrible financial state. Yet, Glassdoor deleted these feedbacks of REAL employees and approved FAKE feedback from admin. Shame on Glassdoor. If you're looking for real reviews, don't rely on Glassdoor.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have left reviews for multiple companies and they have a method to keep your negative ones off. First they say the review is not valid (how would they know), second they will say you're a competitor of the company, lol, like seriously, so they take down your reviews. Then you have to PROVE you were an employee of said company. I’ve done that every time showing actually pay stubs, review never appears again. What a scam, GLASSDOOR IS CLEARLY THEY GET PAID BY THE COMPANIES TO TAKE DOWN NEGATIVE REVIEWS ESPECIALLY “STERN AT HOME THERAPY” so that's where their loyalty lies. Certainly not with the truth!! I will post this everywhere so people know how fraudulent their practices and company is!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glassdoor?

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have tried to complete my Glassdoor profile for over an hour. No clear direction of what is remaining. As I believe it is complete. But, the site keeps asking me to complete my profile and doesn't allow me to apply to jobs through the site because again it thinks there is more for me to add. The biggest problem is when you try to call them, (help resolving this) they only have 3-4 selections on their automated phone system and guess what... no selection to talk to a live person. But an automated response to go back to their website... What a crazy system.

Original review: April 23, 2019

My review of former company rejected (with no explanation). I read their rules and followed them. I did, however, post a negative review about a former employer (company) which is, "Engaged," which now makes me suspect they are afforded certain "protections" for associating with Glassdoor. Essentially Glassdoor sales are in a complete conflict of interest with their espoused goals of transparency. I can only conclude that if they have been that corrupted already, their future is not too bright. I don't trust them at all.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I would not use this unreliable website to apply for jobs, or read about company's reviews. They ONLY take positive reviews and ignore lukewarm/negative reviews, so then to attract more companies to use their website. But if you're an individual employee, you'll learn that they only allow biased reviews.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I am tired of constantly seeing repeat job postings listed as NEW. These same positions and companies were posted as far back as 30 days. You get all excited thinking there is a new opportunity but it's just Glassdoor fishing for more. I also don't agree with some of their salary scales. One particular specific management position had a range from $55K-128K. Hard to believe there would be a 70k range in scale. I think it may make some of the applicants overshoot their expectations for salary demands!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I signed up for a free trial as an employer to solicit loan officers through Glassdoor.com. I received 6-10 resumes all of which did not match the criteria of the job description I posted and, in emailing them to cancel my free trial on schedule (I could not electronically cancel, and this was confirmed by calling a sales associate there) at billing@glassdoor.com, they billed my account anyway. I've tried to contact Billing two further times for a $249.00 credit, but they don't reply… Even after emailing, and their auto reply says 'give us a few days to reply as we're quite busy'.

If they advertise in advance that they offer a free trial, yet they will bill your credit even if you cancel on time AND it is very difficult to get a hold of Billing, what is the value in their ad showing it is a free trial. Ziprecruiter.com canceled my request on the spot via email. Buyer beware of Glassdoor.com. Again, Glassdoor.com is very problematic and nearly impossible to reach as far as any form of reasonable customer service.

Glassdoor expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Glassdoor, as it name implies, is a job and recruitment marketplace that relies on transparency and clarity to help facilitate the employment process. With a database of millions of salary reports, company and interview reviews, office photos, CEO approval ratings and more, Glassdoor gives job seekers and employers information to make informed employment decisions.

• Company reviews: Glassdoor’s main feature is its information about the companies and jobs listed. Current and past employees can rate and review the companies they worked for, giving job seekers some insight about what to expect from potential employers.

• Salary information: Glassdoor also lists job salaries of featured companies and calculates national averages. Consumers can then see how their salaries compare with others’ and make informed decisions about where to apply for work.

• Mobile app: The Glassdoor mobile app allows consumers to monitor their job search from anywhere.

• Glassdoor blog: Glassdoor’s regularly updated blog offers articles about salary negotiation, healthy work habits and other useful topics for people looking for employment.

• Glassdoor employer solutions: Employers can set up profiles to post jobs and gather analytics based on employee reviews as well as learn how to write an effective job posting. Companies can set up a free profile, and job advertisement is available for a fee.

• Best for: Glassdoor is best for job seekers who want to research potential employers before applying to any posted jobs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs