Compare Job Sites

Research top Job Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It gives you a lot of information about companies that goes beyond what the companies will outwardly tell you. For example you can see salary ranges and anonymous employee reviews. Generally most things there are true. All the places I've worked have fairly accurate reviews and these reviews helped me to make my decisions accordingly. I don't personally pay for Glassdoor so I can't be sure on value. However I do really like the product. It's easy to use and very good too. I've never actually used Glassdoor Customer Support so I can't comment.

Extremely useful app. Helps you find a job you'll be happy with by allowing employees to share important information about the company that isn't available elsewhere. Also helpful for current employees to see how their salary compares and make sure they're being paid fairly. So far the information given by others has proved accurate. It's possible to lie about a company, but I haven't seen any cases where this has happened. Extremely valuable. This service gave me valuable insight that led me to not apply for a job in one company, and apply for a job in another. I have had no experience with customer support since I've had no problems with the app as of yet. However, given how well put together the app is, I'm sure the customer service is equally as good.

The services offered are extensive and offer an interesting perspective due to the input of current and former employees for the companies that you are looking at. Everything is reliable and kept up to date. From a technical perspective, I haven't noticed any downtime. From a usability perspective, everything seems to work consistently. The services from the site have brought a good chunk of information about companies and positions. I find myself coming back to research even when not actively looking for a new position. I haven't had any issues so I don't have any particular customer support interactions to draw from. The site is simplistic and easy to use so there haven't been many instances where support would be needed.

A lot of positions are shown, but whether or not it is legit, no response came many days after I applied. I waited weeks for a response but nothing came at all, whether I was declined, considered, or accepted for the job. I kept getting mail, but none of the jobs I applied for gave me any response. It is not reliable from how I used it. I can find better jobs just by asking abroad through potential workplaces or people you know. I don't think this site is reliable at all.

It does show a lot of careers in detail but that is the only value I see. In my opinion, many of these jobs posted online probably don't exist anymore and have been remaining there for a good while. Good support, but I honestly don't trust online job opportunities anymore. It has done nothing but cost me a lot of money through fees and false advertising. I really don't want to take any risk like this.

Help with resumes and job descriptions posted to your resume. They allow you to know who reviewed your resume and updated posted job alerts are sent to your email daily. If you apply to any posting jobs you are sure to know if someone reviews your profile. They try to send you whatever available job opening is available in your area. I had several companies I applied to and reviewed my resume and experiences. Just haven’t had one to accept me. You don’t have to pay a fee to them to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glassdoor?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

This website has real reviews by employees past and present. This gives you a good idea about company culture, salary and people you will be working with and also the chances of promotion, etc. Depends on who leaves the review, so many people leave reviews so you have to with what the majority say to get an honest representation of a company. It made be choose one job over another, to get to see aspects of company culture and if you are a good fit for this company and the job itself. I am guessing their customer support would be satisfactory and they would provide assistance and help if I so needed it.

Answered questions and gave insights into work environment and salaries. It was helpful in gauging my interest and consideration for further pursuit of employment opportunities at the company. I found the reviews to be accurate and truthful in listing the various pros and cons of employment at the respective companies. I placed veracity upon the reviews being uncensored. When considering the assessment of workplace environment, the reviews were beneficial in whether or not I felt my personality would be adaptive to the environment. Any questions I had were answered quickly and any concerns I had were met with professional and responsive information. I was quite satisfied and doubts were alleviated.

They were very nice and helpful. They help me find a job very quickly, and there were many opportunities on the website. Very elaborate and many options. Always there to help and offer me various things to do. I was never confused. And if I was, I wasn't for very long. The offers and services, they were very helpful. I love the website! Helped me a lot. It helped me find a job various times when I couldn't pay the bills. I would recommend this website to many people. I love it. The value it brought to my life, is that it helped me pay the bills and got me back on my feet. Every time I was confused there was always some type of answer to help me. Everyone was so helpful and customer service was so nice, never was anyone rude to me. FAQ always helped me answer questions.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Glassdoor, as it name implies, is a job and recruitment marketplace that relies on transparency and clarity to help facilitate the employment process. With a database of millions of salary reports, company and interview reviews, office photos, CEO approval ratings and more, Glassdoor gives job seekers and employers information to make informed employment decisions.

• Company reviews: Glassdoor’s main feature is its information about the companies and jobs listed. Current and past employees can rate and review the companies they worked for, giving job seekers some insight about what to expect from potential employers.
  • Salary information: Glassdoor also lists job salaries of featured companies and calculates national averages. Consumers can then see how their salaries compare with others’ and make informed decisions about where to apply for work.
  • Mobile app: The Glassdoor mobile app allows consumers to monitor their job search from anywhere.
  • Glassdoor blog: Glassdoor’s regularly updated blog offers articles about salary negotiation, healthy work habits and other useful topics for people looking for employment.
  • Glassdoor employer solutions: Employers can set up profiles to post jobs and gather analytics based on employee reviews as well as learn how to write an effective job posting. Companies can set up a free profile, and job advertisement is available for a fee.
  • Best for Glassdoor is best for job seekers who want to research potential employers before applying to any posted jobs.

Compare Job Sites