2.89/5
Based on 19 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

19 Glassdoor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I only awarded one star, because zero was not an option. The 7 day trial advertising was deceptive and misleading. We paid $350 after only 7 days, which is not long enough to evaluate an ATS, because the advertising made it seem as if the trial lasted for 30 days. However, we also posted the same jobs at the same time on Indeed, and filled all 4 jobs through Indeed. The quantity and quality of responses through Glassdoor were awful. The building of the employer branding profile was glitchy and didn't work. We couldn't add pictures or update anything within the profile. As a pseudo-ATS, which this is at best, the functionality leaves a lot to be desired and cannot compare to Indeed in any way, shape, or form. Glassdoor's developers need to go back to work for 6 months at minimum to fix all of the glitches. Their "recruiting solution" is every bit as reliable and trustworthy as their employer reviews. Pathetic! Avoid At All Costs!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Companies add their own "good reviews" and can pay Glassdoor to take off bad reviews. You have no idea what to believe! They suck.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Glassdoor along with all the other job search sites seem to lead you into a circle. Round and round and nothing accomplished. It can be frustrating as well as productive. It's all about how you pursue them.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I applied on Glassdoor for long time but no job offer yet, not even interview invitations from any company yet. The job description only takes small space on website, make it too crowded to read through.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

No matter what job you pull up to view it always lead you to a different site where you have to enroll and kind of like start all over again. I know you only have to enroll once and then it will help you save but I just feel it was easier to move at the other website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glassdoor?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I have used other career sites and Glassdoor hands down has a more user friendly layout. I like that you can see reviews of the companies you might like to apply for. Once you click on the job you are interested in it brings up reviews, salaries, etc. Also, jobs seem to be most current unlike I have found with other sites.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Job Free Advertising Offer - You would think an organization that is a review platform, would be careful about how it conducts itself. The FREE advertising offer trail for 7 days is not genuine, it trips into an automatic charge. They tell you clearly states you will be charged, do not be tempted. A number of years ago I paid to run an executive CSO, then suddenly found 4/5 years later they ran the advert, I had senior candidates applying for a job that did not exist, which is illegal! I emailed them asking for an explanation, no response. ROI is not there, even what I thought would have been a free advert did not yield a result, which ended up costing me as they deduct payment...no invoice, no confirmation as it might alert you to their unprofessional methods.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We all know subscriptions are not easy to cancel when you get free trial with it. In Glassdoor if you see the option "Post Jobs Free" it's fake, because before publishing the job you have to subscribe a plan, then you can get free trial for 7 days. So technically it's free, but if you're unable to cancel the subscription, you will be charged.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Our company was looking to hire someone so we thought we would try using Glassdoor so I signed up for the free trial. First when I signed up, they were very sly not to mention how much I would be charged if I failed to cancel subscription in time. Naturally, like most sites with subscriptions, I assumed it would be about $19.99. Well, it turned out to be $200.00! (I know my fault for not reading the fine print but just a scummy way of presenting the information in my opinion.) If people are aware they will be charged $200.00 you bet they are going to make sure they cancel! Well, Glassdoor knows this which is why they don't post your fees openly.

Flash forward to about 2 days before my trial was up and I log on to cancel and the site was down, so I tried to call customer service and no one answered and their voicemail was full! Finally on the last day of my subscription, I am out of the office and do not have access to our company account so I try to call Glassdoor. And again, not only do they not answer the phone throughout the day, but their voicemail is still full!

The next day I see I was charged $200.00! I was so frustrated I tried calling, and again no one answers and I am unable to leave a message. I am angry but extremely busy over the weekend and decide to handle it on Monday. Finally I submit an email (which I had a difficult time finding out where to even submit an inquiry) and wait 24 hours to hear back from someone who is basically unsympathetic and pretty much like you signed and agreed, "Not our fault you didn't read the fine print." So then by the time I had officially canceled I had the account for 12 days and 7 of those 12 were free. So in essence, I paid $200.00 for 5 days of service. People could read this review and think it is my fault for not paying closer attention but a company called "Glassdoor" should be more transparent with how much their services cost, and a company as large as Glassdoor should be more accessible to those who pay their huge fees!

Original review: June 25, 2018

We recently flagged a comment from an individual on Glassdoor that was factual incorrect. Given that this was not an opinion but could easily be verified, we presumes that Glassdoor would take action and remove the posting as requested - wrong! We even escalated our request and got a response from the Manager of Content and Community. The disappointing e-mail stated: "So it is not our role to investigate and fact check each statement in a review. If you offer to send us your own evidence, we'll politely decline." So much about being open to facts.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I wrote a positive review of my current employer. It was the only review I wrote on Glassdoor. I noticed sometime later that it was no longer there. I only wrote one, single, solitary review the entire time, so this would be incorrect. As a Project Coordinator for my company, I hire hundreds of people each year and deal with an extensive list of new and existing client companies. I rely on Glassdoor and similar sites to assist me in making my evaluations of what type of companies we are doing business with and whether to actually do business with new ones. What I am seeing from this is that reviews are removed without an explainable reason which makes me distrust the whole process you use. How badly are the results skewed by this? I’m not sure what you’re saying exactly. The review was there for a while and then it wasn’t. I reviewed the place that I currently work at. Did this violate your guidelines or do you just not know what happened?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

It gives you a lot of information about companies that goes beyond what the companies will outwardly tell you. For example you can see salary ranges and anonymous employee reviews. Generally most things there are true. All the places I've worked have fairly accurate reviews and these reviews helped me to make my decisions accordingly. I don't personally pay for Glassdoor so I can't be sure on value. However I do really like the product. It's easy to use and very good too.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Extremely useful app. Helps you find a job you'll be happy with by allowing employees to share important information about the company that isn't available elsewhere. Also helpful for current employees to see how their salary compares and make sure they're being paid fairly. So far the information given by others has proved accurate. It's possible to lie about a company, but I haven't seen any cases where this has happened. Extremely valuable. This service gave me valuable insight that led me to not apply for a job in one company, and apply for a job in another. I have had no experience with customer support since I've had no problems with the app as of yet. However, given how well put together the app is, I'm sure the customer service is equally as good.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

The services offered are extensive and offer an interesting perspective due to the input of current and former employees for the companies that you are looking at. Everything is reliable and kept up to date. From a technical perspective, I haven't noticed any downtime. From a usability perspective, everything seems to work consistently. The services from the site have brought a good chunk of information about companies and positions. I find myself coming back to research even when not actively looking for a new position. I haven't had any issues so I don't have any particular customer support interactions to draw from. The site is simplistic and easy to use so there haven't been many instances where support would be needed.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

A lot of positions are shown, but whether or not it is legit, no response came many days after I applied. I waited weeks for a response but nothing came at all, whether I was declined, considered, or accepted for the job. I kept getting mail, but none of the jobs I applied for gave me any response. It is not reliable from how I used it. I can find better jobs just by asking abroad through potential workplaces or people you know. I don't think this site is reliable at all.

It does show a lot of careers in detail but that is the only value I see. In my opinion, many of these jobs posted online probably don't exist anymore and have been remaining there for a good while. Good support, but I honestly don't trust online job opportunities anymore. It has done nothing but cost me a lot of money through fees and false advertising. I really don't want to take any risk like this.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Help with resumes and job descriptions posted to your resume. They allow you to know who reviewed your resume and updated posted job alerts are sent to your email daily. If you apply to any posting jobs you are sure to know if someone reviews your profile. They try to send you whatever available job opening is available in your area. I had several companies I applied to and reviewed my resume and experiences. Just haven’t had one to accept me. You don’t have to pay a fee to them to help.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

This website has real reviews by employees past and present. This gives you a good idea about company culture, salary and people you will be working with and also the chances of promotion, etc. Depends on who leaves the review, so many people leave reviews so you have to with what the majority say to get an honest representation of a company. It made be choose one job over another, to get to see aspects of company culture and if you are a good fit for this company and the job itself. I am guessing their customer support would be satisfactory and they would provide assistance and help if I so needed it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Answered questions and gave insights into work environment and salaries. It was helpful in gauging my interest and consideration for further pursuit of employment opportunities at the company. I found the reviews to be accurate and truthful in listing the various pros and cons of employment at the respective companies. I placed veracity upon the reviews being uncensored. When considering the assessment of workplace environment, the reviews were beneficial in whether or not I felt my personality would be adaptive to the environment. Any questions I had were answered quickly and any concerns I had were met with professional and responsive information. I was quite satisfied and doubts were alleviated.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

They were very nice and helpful. They help me find a job very quickly, and there were many opportunities on the website. Very elaborate and many options. Always there to help and offer me various things to do. I was never confused. And if I was, I wasn't for very long. The offers and services, they were very helpful. I love the website! Helped me a lot. It helped me find a job various times when I couldn't pay the bills. I would recommend this website to many people. I love it. The value it brought to my life, is that it helped me pay the bills and got me back on my feet. Every time I was confused there was always some type of answer to help me. Everyone was so helpful and customer service was so nice, never was anyone rude to me. FAQ always helped me answer questions.

Glassdoor expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Glassdoor, as it name implies, is a job and recruitment marketplace that relies on transparency and clarity to help facilitate the employment process. With a database of millions of salary reports, company and interview reviews, office photos, CEO approval ratings and more, Glassdoor gives job seekers and employers information to make informed employment decisions.

• Company reviews: Glassdoor’s main feature is its information about the companies and jobs listed. Current and past employees can rate and review the companies they worked for, giving job seekers some insight about what to expect from potential employers.

• Salary information: Glassdoor also lists job salaries of featured companies and calculates national averages. Consumers can then see how their salaries compare with others’ and make informed decisions about where to apply for work.

• Mobile app: The Glassdoor mobile app allows consumers to monitor their job search from anywhere.

• Glassdoor blog: Glassdoor’s regularly updated blog offers articles about salary negotiation, healthy work habits and other useful topics for people looking for employment.

• Glassdoor employer solutions: Employers can set up profiles to post jobs and gather analytics based on employee reviews as well as learn how to write an effective job posting. Companies can set up a free profile, and job advertisement is available for a fee.

• Best for: Glassdoor is best for job seekers who want to research potential employers before applying to any posted jobs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs