3.8/5 (182 ratings)

About Monster.com

Monster.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monster.com?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The Monster Resume Writing service starts out strong, with a comprehensive on-line questionnaire about your background. And that's the best it ever gets. My first draft was returned with roughly 80% of the writing extracted directly from my earlier submitted resumes, with the remaining 20% a random collection of buzz-phrases totally unrelated to my actual experience. I got the sense that the writer was not a native English speaker. There was also no insight as to the appropriate length for a CV, how many years should be covered, and really any other design/content choice. Customer service emailed me following my feedback on their first effort to schedule a call. 20 minutes before the call, they emailed again, complaining that my number was an international call for them, and perhaps I could make the call myself. The scheduled call was ultimately canceled/postponed 5 minutes prior to the event.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Please be very careful with their sales people. Big time fraud they are and once the sale is done they don't care and unfortunately you have to keep paying them as per the agreement as you cannot even cancel on your end. I had such a bad experience that I cannot express. It taught me a lesson that take everything in writing and don't trust them at all over the phone as they will say everything over the phone to sell the job portal to you. Big time FRAUD sales team.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Hey, so I am giving one star because you have to rate it and there is no rating below one. Anyway, I spoke to one of the recruiters and we had an initial discussion wherein they would forward my CV, previous job experience letter and joining letter and one passport sized photograph. After this discussion I sent my necessary documents to their service email ID. Upon sending I was informed that the company which I was trying for will send a confirmation mail for a telephonic interview, which I received and I was supposed to call my recruiter.

Unfortunately I got stuck in an emergency and could not check my phone. In the span of 20 mins, I must have received at least 50 calls and when I finally got the chance to check my phone there was a message from this recruiter in a very unprofessional manner that if I didn't want this job I shouldn't have wasted their time and since I did not pick up their call all of the documents that I had sent will be blocked for a year and I won't be able to apply for any other job. After I told the recruiter that I'll be taking legal action because nothing if this sort was mentioned in any of the emails, he started telling me if I don't give the interview his salary will be cut, and ever since this recruiter has been calling me non-stop.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Many years ago I used Monster in Europe and they helped get my career along, that’s why I was evidently too trusting when Monster called offering help again. I wish I had read these reviews first! Their career advisor got in touch with me after looking at my CV from their site. They offered a “discount” on their advertised CV and Job Search services. The price was still very high but they promised that they would provide me with access to an exclusive part of their data bank and that with this access along with the other services, with my years of experience and domain, I would be able to get exactly the type of position I was looking for within a great salary range and within 2 months. They also claimed that they had a high success rate in exactly what I was looking for. Again, I had used Monster before (not these services) and was happy with what I got out of it but clearly things have really gone downhill since.

Since getting their services I repeatedly reminded them that none of the recruiters contacting me were offering the positions that their CV tailoring promised I would market myself towards. The 1 or 2 that did offered salary ranges that were at around 60% of the lower range of what had been promised. And even then, they would not reply when I supplied them with the information that they asked for.

This is a scam service, do not pay them anything! Their “career advisors“ are only interested in taking your money and the rest of the company does not care on following through on the guarantees that they promise. Only the CV service came through although given how little impact it had, you can ask if they really added any value.

They target unemployed people at their most vulnerable and scam them out of whatever they think they can get. When I pointed this out they told me to just wait, another 4 months, totally ignoring their original guarantee of viable positions within 2 months. If I had the luxury of waiting 3 times longer, I would not invest more than 34k INR to accelerate my search!

I promptly asked for a refund for a failure on their part to deliver the promised service and this is when I saw how little they care about their customer; they emailed me a long list of hoops to jump through to her me get my goal, all related to having me make further use of their services! Their customer services then feigned ignorance, refusing to acknowledge the contents of my email and sent me back to the same scam artist who took my money. Do not make the same mistake I did, they are not a reputable organisation. Keep your money, stay far away from them and warn others! Monster is not what it once was.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

If you're reading this before you wasted time dealing with Monster, then you're smarter than I was. Monster is a scam artist, plain and simple. My experience echoes the plethora of awful, and mostly 1 star, reviews already posted, so I'll limit this to what I think is pertinent. I was emailed by "Jessica" at Monster offering to review and assess how my resume appears to potential employers. I happily accepted, and a few hours later she replied that the assessment was ready to view.

My Summary, according to the assessment, appeared just as I had intended and looked very favorable. Similarly the details highlighted by ATS showed that my skills and level of competency best fit me for the exact type of role I am seeking. However, the assessment indicated my resume "lacking enough solid accomplishments" and "needed more information" and "might not pass recruiter's screening software".

This contradiction was odd, even so, hiring a professional writer seemed advisable, so I decided to give it a shot. I jumped into Monster's chat and asked how to begin the dialogue with the writers to confirm they could make my resume better. Monster said that wasn't possible until after I paid, upfront, in full, with no refunds. Eh? No reputable company charges $350 to provide professional services, but doesn't allow the actual professionals to demonstrate or confirm that their services could add value. Anyone that has used or provides a service knows this.

Let's not forget the 100% "satisfaction" guarantee - "If you're not happy, we'll rewrite it for free... one time." Lol, Imagine biting into a cheese-burger and finding a used band-aid, and the manager tells you (after all the screaming a crying stops) "Don't worry, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee... I'll make you one more!" Time is the one thing in this life we can never get back, and those crooks wasted over an hour of mine. I truly hope the time anyone spends reading this saves them a lot more in the end.

Regards,

-F.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

They got in touch with me when I updated in LinkedIn and Naukri, that I had resigned from my current company & was actively looking for opportunities. I was based in China & they called for jobs in Singapore (monster.com.sg). The salespeople were based in Hyderabad and informed me that they had multiple openings in SG and I need to buy their service to avail those opportunities. They named all big banks and consulting companies and told that for my experience (12 yrs) I can easily get >12000 SGD per month. They quoted the price as INR 28,500, but as I was in China and all my bank cards were not working, I could arrange for maximum INR 25.000. He made me stay on the call and agreed to give the service for INR 25k.

They worked on the resume and created a 2 page resume, in 4-5 days (The resume was fine). However, it has been already >30 days & I have not received a single mail or call regarding any job opportunity. I called them up in between, and the sales guy told me that there were a few recruiters who tried to contact me on my China number, however as I was in India, they could not reach me. It was an outright lie, as I had provided both the Indian & Chinese phone number. He told that they would be forwarding, but nothing yet.

So, I believe that they are a group of fraudsters, who are trying to loot people, at a time when they are broke and without any job. They must be seriously ashamed of themselves. My advise to others would be that stay away from all these paid services from the job portals. If a company needs people, and if you have the right capabilities, the company will find you anyways.. You don't need to pay to these sort of mediators/dalaals. Happy job hunting..

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

My contact details have been shared by Monster with A2W Immigration services. I did not authorize or consent to having my contact details shared with this organization, as the nature of their business does not align in any way with my needs or interests. A2W has contacted me on a persistent and continuous basis by telephone and email requesting that I avail of their immigration services. I have categorically stated each time I have been contacted that I do not require such services because I am a US citizen!

I have already requested multiple times that A2W cease and desist with its bombarding phone calls and e-mails but they continue to fail to heed my request. I have reported this to their business and flagged their messages as spam and yet this has not deterred them. This is becoming very irritating and is not characteristic of sound business practices by any organizational standards. Despite these efforts, however, the calls and e-mails persist in a harassing manner. I have already asked that Monster kindly no longer share my information so gratuitously with companies like A2W that use this information to inconvenience and bombard its customers with phone calls and e-mails.

I have been a loyal and dedicated Monster Gulf customer for years. This relationship has been fostered on mutual trust and respect. I feel that Monster has violated this trust by gratuitously sharing my details with third party clients such as this one. It only causes me to lose that trust and take my business elsewhere. I am receiving more calls and emails about immigration than I am from potential employment prospects. I signed up for Monster to receive assistance with my job search, not immigration!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I should have looked at these reviews sooner! They took my information and solicited it to scammers. I get spam email for insurance companies and they even texted me. They have "horoscopes". There is no help for someone looking for a real job.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Pathetic organization. First they prompted me to buy their resume writing and resume highlighter service. They assured me that they have some reputed employers' vacancies with them which they will provide details to me if I subscribe to their services. They also told me that there will be one account manager assigned for my profile. I purchased their services and paid them around 25000 INR. But to my surprise they have stopped picking my calls also. Till today they have not forwarded my profile to a single employer.

They are just a bunch of thugs, who are trained to loot people's money. They should be ashamed of themselves to loot people's money at the time when they are looking for a job and running tight on house budgets. They earn their salary by looting the job seekers who are in desperate need of job and pay money to these people believing that these people will help them to find a job. If a competent authority is there to take action against them, I request them to please close down their operations completely to avoid poor people getting cheated by them.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Monster.com operates and get their tele-marketers in India to coax people signing up packages that promised to heightened Resume and job seeker's profile thereby landing good jobs; EVEN to extend that guaranteed interviews filling up your calendar. Package promised writing of a good Resume by them; this did not happen! Instead, they sent a Resume of another person and asked me to modify from it. Thereafter, I did hear from them for more than a year till date. Anyone reading Monster reviews by others, I agreed, you just cannot reach them at all. This is a SCAM! So, don't pass them any monies/payment, don't trust them.

Original review: July 12, 2019

The recruitment agency, Monster should be avoided by skilled workers by any means necessary. They are not personable and the advertised jobs sent to me were either unrelated to my career goals, skills and competencies. I strongly recommend any well meaning individual to avoid this agency like a plague.

Original review: June 27, 2019

There’s no point. Called their customer service and sales to post an ad but there was no service. They hung up twice and another time the phone line didn’t work. When I spoke to someone she quoted me more than what was posted on the website! When addressing why she did that, she said, "Oh," and hung up.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I signed up and put my resume on the website hoping I would find some local part-time jobs. After several modified searches, I realized Monster had no good, practical jobs to offer me in my area and I went to a different job search site. Now, I get at least one email or call a day from some BS company offering me a fake job that will pay hundreds or thousands and has "so many benefits." It is very disappointing that a professional job hunt website such as Monster is letting scammers get ahold of their users' information and, frankly, very unprofessional. Do not waste your time with Monster.com. Use Indeed.com or something else, trust me.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We are startup company and bought the Monster account for finding resources from their database. However we were having issues to search profiles and contacted trainer who is from Monster. They do not know how to search and they told us to share requirements where searches were not worked while training. Monster team has done the job posting without our confirmation which was not acceptable. We decided not to use Monster since Searches are not good, Training team is not good, back end team is not supportive and worst part is sales team members: Sujatha ** and Sarabhjeet who don't care about customer once they receive payments.

Now they are threatening us to pay remaining amount also even though we are not using Monster. Worst people, they do not know how to speak with customers. Please help us. Do we need to pay remaining amount also without using their services? We hardly used their service for approx one and half month and they collected 50K+ initially.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I would like to share my experiences on Monster.com. I was approached some months ago by this fellow in India - I believe it's largely an Indian service now touting their resume writing services including a "Smart CV" and that my profile would get noticed by recruiters and employers. After paying over $500 I realized this was just a scam because they only jobs you find on monster are IT related ones and even then I'm not sure how genuine so if you're applying for any non IT related roles you're unlikely to get noticed by employers. I wrote many complaints to monster.com to no effect. They don't reply as they probably know they're scamming people. Please share this widely.

Original review: April 30, 2019

ZERO stars for Monster USA portal - Recently signed up with Monster to search for employee resumes. We have been using Monster for USA market and wanted to purchase their services for Canadian region. They have different pricing for each customer even if are buying same solution. I wanted to purchase 25k views for 12 months. They quoted us high amount and other sis concern company was given a much lower amount. I raised our concern with Monster people. The response from them was very illogical, irrelevant and highly unprofessional way of arguing with customer. No good service, No support from Monster staff and they are unwilling to comprehend the fact and situation.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I was searching for jobs and Monster.com seems to always come up in any online search for employment. I was a little suspicious and tried to avoid applying directly through the site. Somehow Monster.com managed to grab my resume through a job application at a different site. Since I have been receiving countless job offers from a variety of scam artists, in particular Idctechnologies.com. I will be reporting this infringement of privacy to the FBI and encourage other job seekers subject to this violation to do the same.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We signed up a monthly package with Monster to search for employee resumes on a monthly basis but when we want to end the subscription, Monster says it's a 1 year contract with 12 payments. This was not communicated to us in the beginning. Now they are ripping us out, Monster does not have any big data of professional resumes also. We ended up with Indeed which is a lot better and cheaper to use. I don't understand how a company can cheat a small business owners like us. I hope this review helps someone to stay away from companies who cheat.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We had purchased Monster Resume search for 6 months validity. When we start sourcing it gave only 1 or 2 relevant profiles for easy requirements (Other Job portal gives at least 50 profiles), we raised our concern with Monster people. The response from them was very illogical, irrelevant and highly unprofessional way of arguing with customer. They don't have a strong Data bank for resumes which they promised when they we were purchasing their service, when we try to explain them they don't listen to us. They just fooled us and now they are not ready to pay us back our half money also. No good service, No support from Monster staff and they are unwilling to comprehend the fact and situation, not ready to pay back Money. Not ready to Improve their databank.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Please be aware of Monster.com. They fool people for having vast data which is a **. Even for a simple profile the portal shows 3-5 candidatures which are not even properly relevant. They are only keen on collecting rather stealing money from innocent and desperate people like us. Such an unprofessional and very cheap people. Specially the Chandigarh branch people. Please don’t buy the portal. It’s useless.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Please be aware of Monster.com. They are only keen on collecting rather stealing money from innocent and desperate people like us. Yes, I was also trapped by Monster staff calling from India to purchase their scheme and assured that they will help me in finding a suitable job. Believing their magical words I enrolled by paying a huge amount. But after the payment, say 2 months roughly I never got a single mail or referral from the Monster. When I approached them no proper response. Alternatively, I was getting calls from other sites whether I registered for free. When I messaged them for a refund they completely blocked my mail id. Such an unprofessional and very very cheap people.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I applied to a handful of jobs on the Monster website and was called by their customer service team asking for money to help write a resume and share it with a large set of recruiting firms in their network. After paying the large sum requested, I received a mediocre resume and cover letter - worse than what I had before. On top of the money and time wasted to help them develop a worse resume than I started with, I never actually got any support after that as was agreed and paid for. I reached out to their customer support and received no response at all. Money and time lost - on top of that, their database has very limited jobs. It's a failing business that's now resorting to ripping people off as a last ditch effort. Stay away!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

They demand huge amounts of money. They have no self respect. No manners to speak. Full of fraud. Do not pick up the call. Cut the call on face. Each person I speak to gives me different answers regarding process of refunding. Asked them give me Avinash sir number not ready to provide. Horrible people and the worst company you can ever come across. Cheaters. Fraud people.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Based on my experience, I feel Monster service it's useless and nothing as what they promise. When I was busy searching for job and updated my resume on their portal. After they notice I actively looking for job they keep calling me and offering with told got priority package which their team will help for CV, cover letter and to boost the application as priority and recruiter will call for lot of offer. When I asked how come when I search couldn't find lot of job in portal. They claimed they have two different database portal once subscribe for their package mean they will add another database which can view lot of job in mine and they claimed I not need worry cause lot of recruiter will call me but in reality nothing as their said it's just waste of money and time.

Already know being jobless and looking for job urgently but yet they doing so and cheating people. Even in database it's ntg it's relevant job like they said and no recruiter it's call like they said. Once in month or twice in week will get one email regards job which totally useless cos I were looking for manager job but the email for level 1 agent or job offer at India but me located at Malaysia. So don't waste time and money.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I am Aditya **. I am a student of engineering. Few days ago I updated my resume on Monster.com. After some days many fraud company call me to job hiring and a company suggest me a job in HCl and take 2000₹ for me and created a fake phone interview. After one day he ask give 7500₹ for document verification. I say no and forward a cancellation mail for cancel my request. Please Monster team refund my money and take action on this fake job providers A/C holder name - Sunil A/C-** (these are the detail of consultants) **. Email - ** this account for transfer money so I request Monster.com please don't refer my own data CV and anything for fake consultants and take strictly.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Years back, Monster was the prime site to do a job search on. Today, you can't even have the Monster search come close to the work your looking for or even in the locality you put in your profile. It's like the search engine could care less what kind of a job you're looking for or in what area you specified. When you try to contact someone at Monster, you never hear back. I look for radio service or electronic service job. What comes back is mostly CDL driver wanted, Lift driver and Uber drivers wanted. The rest is a scattering of food places looking for waiters and managers. Please explain to me how my search profile comes back with these jobs that are just a waste of time trying to sort through. Then you never find anything even close to what your profile states. Is anyone else having the same type of job returns?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I work in the high tech field (Silicon Valley). In the last couple years, Monster has failed to market itself to candidates thus making their resume search product all but worthless. I would never recommend Monster resume products to any company or recruiting firm.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I am an employer that posted a job for a teaching position. After 2 months of posting, and about $1,200 worth of "services", I had 15 applicants and 20 recommendations from Monster. But wait... When you select the link to see the 15 applicants, it only pulls up 7. Out of the 7 only one had a bachelor's degree with experience remotely related to teaching. Others resumes were completely off the wall. The recommendations were just as bad. I had also advertised for an executive assistant. You guessed it. Small number of resumes from unqualified people. The head-hunting service is downright awful, and considering the fees, it is highway robbery. I regret having wasted the money.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I regret ever using their stupid website, I have found a job I wanted elsewhere and closed deactivated without any ability to recover my account with Monster and yet I am still being spammed by recruiters from all over US. My search parameters were strict to only local opportunities and only in my field and Monster did not care at all. They spammed me with everything they could and they continue to do so even after I have closed an account with them. They continue to give out my personal email and last resume they had on me to recruiters and this is unacceptable. NEVER EVER LOOK FOR A JOB ON MONSTER. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Been a .com for a while and still barely better than searching for a job on Craigslist. They haven't even taken the time to filter companies like Uber, so when you go to certain categories to look for a job you'll never see anything but Uber postings. Horrible annoying site! Indeed is better...everything is better.

Monster.com Company Information