Call toll free
4.64/5

straighterline.com

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

StraighterLine is an online program that enables you to earn college credit and save thousands of dollars at the same time. Earning college credit through StraighterLine is simple; you choose your courses, complete them and transfer them to any of our 130+ accredited colleges in our network. Our membership of $99 a month will help you start saving up to 60% on your college degree. Contact us today to learn more about our program & speak to one of our counselors!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

585 StraighterLine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I was back in school and I asked my advisor if there were other ways that I could take additional classes that wouldn’t take as long to finish. Initially, I didn’t have anything that was drawing me to StraighterLine but I was told that it is a good service. When I asked if other students had used it, I was told, “Yes”. So, I investigated and signed up. Once I got there, I enjoyed the experience. I knew what I needed and I tracked down and made myself do an elaborate spreadsheet of what I needed to take. Then, I went on StraighterLine to see which classes they had that matched, what the classes I needed from Strayer were, and then I contacted Strayer to make sure that those classes would count as an equivalent so that my credit would transfer. Once I confirmed it, I enrolled those classes based on that.

I had questions and when I called, the people from StraighterLine helped me to make sure that I was getting what I needed. I got different people, but there was one rep who stuck with me. I talked to her in December because I'm taking my last classes with Strayer now and I think I'd graduate in March. I was struggling through Physics and with a lab that I had that I was gonna have to take and she helped me. Although, Strayer changed some of their class alignments so that a different class was now eligible for transfer. The rep did some investigation for me to find out on their end whether I could do or couldn’t do it. She went above and beyond. She told me to verify from Strayer although she thought it can be done. She laid out good detailed plans so I knew exactly what I was gonna need to do, what steps to follow and get what I needed.

She let me know that if I needed anything else, I could always call back. But even if I didn’t get her, their people were always there to help me. StraighterLine’s material is straightforward and I did not feel a lot of bluff with it. I'm a substitute teacher right now as I'm finishing through school. I have the advantage of the extra time so, I would have whole days where I'm not working. I could sit and read four or five chapters a day, take a test, and I still have a whole day. And for someone working full-time, there are also books that they offer where definitions can be highlighted and then take notes and there are certain pages that can be bookmarked. Their tools make it a lot easier. It was like I don’t even have to have a pen, paper and notes and it can all be done electronically. I just have to ask what are available.

Moreover, when I was waiting on my daughter to finish up a ballet, I started a test online at home. I was literally able to close out and log back in and finished taking it while I was sitting in the parking lot of the ballet. It was really convenient because I was really ticked that I had to do that. Plus, knowing that the system was really seamless, I can still literally have a whole functional life which was good. And if someone wants to be successful, they should take advantage of all the tools that they get and read all the details, because it was something that I figured out after my second class with them. It's perfect. I like that it is there although it's not like it wasn’t there.

It is great that there is a way that I can expedite my education. At $100 a class per month plus all the fees, I saved probably $13,000 by taking classes through StraighterLine along with taking courses through school. It was four additional quarters of class I would have had to take which was like four grand of fees. It saved me a whole extra year and a half almost of classes that I didn’t have to. I started in January of last year and I took a total of 13 classes with them. I'll be 34 and I have been trying to get my undergrad since I was 18 because it was kinda off and on. But, I am able to finish it and I probably would have given up by now if I knew I still had all these classes to take. It is a saving grace and I could get it done in my own time. StraighterLine is great. They started offering some financial aid which helps those who cannot afford to self-pay. I was fortunate enough though to be able to self-pay.

Get expert buying tips about Online Learning Platforms delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I was at Cleveland Chiropractic College and I needed to finish up Gen Eds. I was doing most of those through their undergraduate program. It’s for eight weeks so I can get through things a little faster, but I wanted to make it faster than that. I was talking to some of the students that had already started the program about other options. Their credit hours there is like $600 a credit hour. I didn’t wanna go over what my cash flow would allow. I took the minimum each trimester, about 14 credit hours at Cleveland. And then one of the other students recommended StraighterLine as a good choice for out of pocket.

I already knew what classes I had to finish up and they were the classes that I would’ve had to take another trimester at Cleveland. All of those classes were gonna fall in the last three months at Cleveland. I went online to StraighterLine to see which one sounded as similar as possible to the ones that I was already signed up for. It’s nice being able to go at your own pace. Some weeks, I’d be a little heavier on the classes. And so, I set StraighterLine aside. And then once I have gotten the grove with it, I started focusing on StraighterLine on the weekends.

On a Saturday for Sociology, I read 10 to 16 chapters as quick as I could and just try to take in as much information as possible. And then I take the test, see how it goes and then move on from there. Some of my friends have done it a little differently. They’ve taken it a little slower, and they have good results that way too. But for me, I tried to designate my weekends to solely StraighterLine to try to put as much time as possible knocking out classes. That worked well for me.

I like how StraighterLine does the course description, and then it has the course objectives. I would just screenshot those and bring it in to the counselor at Cleveland and ask if it will transfer or is it gonna work for the same classes even though it’s a little bit of a different name. The objectives are similar. And they were able to say that these have similar objectives.

Initially, I got too bogged down in extra reading and extra assignments because they provide a lot of extra tools to make sure that you really understand the content. But for me, after I got the hang of it, I don't even know that I needed a lot of those supplemental materials. Almost everything was covered in the chapters. It became quicker for me to read the chapters and see what the objectives were at the end of the chapters and highlight them. And then just take the test. It was nerve-wracking. When you first get in there, you think you need to get 100% on everything. But if you just jump in as soon as you're done reading it and take it, it’s not so scary. And a lot of them even allow you to look up and access the online test. If you forget something, as long as you oriented yourself with the chapter and where everything is, it makes it quick to find stuff.

The first time, I probably spent two weeks on the first core chapters to try to get it for the business class before I took the test. But I didn’t need to. It was too much. You didn’t have to memorize every little detail. Just get in and start taking the test. It’s a good way to knock out classes. The only thing was, I had planned on taking the written comms through StraighterLine. I’m sure of the exact details, but I guess some of the sources that were allowed for that class didn’t match up with the curriculum at Cleveland. They wouldn’t allow some of those sources for their class. And so, they wouldn’t allow that to transfer as credit. But it still worked out because I was able to find other classes instead.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I wanted to do the nursing pre-licensure and as I was going through their prerequisites, I clicked on the different programs and I saw StraighterLine on those prerequisites. StraighterLine is one of the more flexible options and more cost-effective. Every single one of the staff members was meaningful in my journey and they were excellent. I used my instructor for many courses that I took with StraighterLine and I had a positive experience. There was only one course I didn’t take with StraighterLine, but StraighterLine was my very first choice. Their customer service reps and student advisers were all on point and were all very cooperative.

When I first started with the first program I did with StraighterLine and I got a C on the first course, I called and spoke with them. The rep went through how they have their syllabus set up and the different things they would do to ensure that a student comes out with the best possible education. I said that I was gonna go again and she gave me a free pass where I could go back and retake that course, and I took it a little more seriously. For me, Anatomy and part of Physiology were really challenging, as well as Microbiology.

If you want to get something out of the program, then you have a choice. If you want it just fast and not really come out with too much content, then you should try somebody else. But content-wise, StraighterLine was on board. When I took the time to go in and do the work, I was going through the books. I got what I felt I needed to get out of the program so although it was challenging and it was in some instances a lot of information to retain, once I put the work into it, I came out the better for it.

Having gone through it, I am glad that they challenged me and my capability to really do it because I did not have a science background whatsoever. My background was in public service and public administration, so to come from a public administration background and try to do the science program, things that I have never done before, and still come out with a B, it speaks how good StraighterLine is. I still have two more courses to go with them and the only issue is the labs. It is so expensive to get the lab and I need the lab so it's holding back my thing after all the work I have done so far. I'm waiting until I get the lab kits and to reestablish my membership.

The content is overwhelming but it is really rewarding once you put the effort into it. Content should not be cheated. If you’re really serious about what you want to do and you want to go into your program without at least 75% of the knowledge of what your program will be about, especially for the pre-licensure, I definitely recommend StraighterLine. And for anybody going into any nursing program, I recommend StraighterLine because when they start the program, that’s when they would really see the benefits of putting in all that extra work and it’s gonna pay off.

The content was amazing. It was on point and it really spoke to the whole program or the whole course. There was no part of it that I had left out. Clearly, who designed the syllabus and the information to go into it, they got some really good staff on that and I would really like to acknowledge the people who put together the syllabus. They have some really good trainers there and they really put work into it. StraighterLine has changed my thinking regarding online training and online programs.

Original review: June 25, 2018

When I called the University of Maryland’s online program, I told them I wanted to take my courses and get them out the way. I needed to do something where I can do it at my pace. And at that time, I was having some problems with my eyes, so I didn’t have a whole lot of time to be typing a bunch of essays under strict guidelines. I just wanted to get my stuff done and take my test. So, they recommend StraighterLine for their students to get into any program that was just missing a class or two to transfer. When I checked StraighterLine, it was just the way they said it. They were great and it served its purpose. I took the College Algebra and Pre-Calculus class which were very intense. And for the most part, everything went smooth and I didn’t have any problems with registering and taking my classes.

I’m pretty self-motivated, so I didn’t worry about having to talk to professors and email back and forth or do whatever that chat box thing is unless I chose to. If I ran into problems and I’ll seek out the help I need. I know how to use the internet and everything else to gain an understanding of the particular topic I’ll understand and I can figure it out on my own. That’s the way I prefer to work. However, StraighterLine is not recognized as a higher-level accreditation program where schools in Texas, Nebraska, the big universities, the Big Ten schools, Pac-12 schools, and the bigger D1 schools and all the other schools. I would love to see it where 300 or other schools would accept StraighterLine’s credits and it would benefit a lot of the students a lot more. If I am thinking about brushing up on my Statistics, I’d just take a nice program that I can do within 75 hours through StraighterLine.

The only stressful part though was the final exam which was exceptionally challenging and a bit tedious from the material that was there. It was also the only thing that threw a curveball for me. I took the exam at home so I ran into a couple of issues when I was evaluated for my final exam, from my family waking up in the morning, walking into the room and finding a space to get the final exam done. And if the system shuts down or if the internet goes down, I’m in trouble because then my final will be voided and I’ll have to start back over again.

Other than that, I was fine with the final exam and I made it through it. Both courses combined took me less than two weeks to do. But that was because I was motivated and I stayed in front of the computer and worked and worked. StraighterLine was an awesome experience and well worth the effort to do an online course. I’d recommend it to everyone, especially someone that’s highly motivated that can get their work done, can work independently and don’t need a lot of handles.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I had a specific process I needed for references for the master's program and I heard about StraighterLine from WGU. StraighterLine was all self-teach and online and I was gonna do it as quick as possible. The first course was way too long, but I realized that it was self-teach and I can do it and not have it forever. I can be done as quickly as possible if I just came through the stuff because I was making a flash card and all sort of stuff in the first one. It was direct, so I didn't have to read as much about it. I also took four courses and the format of the first three was awesome. However, the statistic scores format was terrible.

In the first one, I was able to see what to do and complete. I could see all of the quizzes and attachments. But with the statistic scores, I had to read through everything. Then, all of a sudden, there was a quiz with two questions. I kept reading four pages and there was another quiz with three questions. And when I was done with 20 pages, there was another quiz. It was a completely different format. The first one had the topic and the modules and my lessons and reading section if I had quizzes in that module. But for the statistic one, I opened it up and it went to a whole different site. It wasn’t the same site as the rest of them and it was not as user-friendly. If it would have been the first course, it would have been really hard to want to continue the rest of them because the format was painful.

The rest of it was great, although I had some trouble. It could have been nicer if, in the very beginning, they let me log in before the actual time. It took 5, 10, or 15 minutes for me to get linked up with the proctor or whoever was monitoring it and they had to take over. I’ve never seen a thing that said, “Hey, make sure you allow 10 to 15 minutes for getting started.” I thought I was gonna miss it and when I first called in, I talked to the IT Department and they told me that I can use an iPod for the exam. And I found out after calling in with my iPod, so I had it rescheduled. But it would have been less stressful if I had known the transition ahead of time. That was frustrating. Nonetheless, I really like StraighterLine and it was perfect for me. It wasn’t ideal, but it was still doable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StraighterLine?

Original review: May 16, 2019

StraighterLine is affordable and I really like the outline of the website. It's very easy to maneuver. The classes I took were online and I had to make sure I created my own schedule and made sure I follow that schedule.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I wanted to go to law school and I found out that I needed to get a Bachelor's degree to make that happen. So I've been doing community college classes and my enrollment advisor at Dove University told me about StraighterLine. Being able to do the classes as fast as I was able to appealed to me and I liked the fact that it was really cost-effective. StraighterLine was great and it was easy to work through the different classes. The material challenged me but I was able to plug through and get a bunch of classes knocked out really quickly. Working hard and focusing for short periods of time are key to being successful there. All in all, I'm very satisfied with StraighterLine.

Original review: May 11, 2019

StraighterLine is doing a really good job. I just wish they were around about 20 years ago. I took English 101 and the staff and the tutors were accessible. I got good feedback every time I had a question and I liked the fact that it was convenient. It was online and it was also reasonable. There was a hold placed on my last assignment so I talked to customer service because I needed the hold released so I could have my transcript sent over to Western Governors University. And they were able to do that pretty simply.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Any positive reviews here, I'm assuming are written by StraighterLine. I have done 99% of my college experience on campus at a reputable school, and decided to take my final course online. This was a huge mistake. Their elementary Spanish course requests you to submit 3 essays, in which if you use a Spanish dictionary you are flagged as cheating, and if you use simple Spanish words you are graded poorly because you don't sound fluent enough (for a an elementary course). There are different graders for every single submission. Once after inputting the draft graders feedback, I received a lower grade because the next grader had a different opinion than the draft grader. Customer Service keeps no notes of past conversations. They send you auto emails, without ever looking at past conversations.

"Maggie" or "AJ" will be the ones signing your messages, but they are certainly not one person - this is for sure an auto signature. I asked the platform what qualifications graders have, and was told it is internal information. I am a huge supporter of alternative learning options, but StraigherLine is not that. If you want a disconnected, frustrating experience use this platform. Also, reviews you read are filtered through management on their platform. Meaning you don't actually see what past students felt about a course. This is a huge scam. Stay away.

Original review: April 27, 2019

My college mentioned StraighterLine to me when I asked them about websites to seek the remaining credits I had. The service that StraighterLine offered was affordable, easily accessed, and it had direct transfer guaranteed to my college. They had 60 courses that were guaranteed to transfer and I was simply looking for a 100-level class. I was missing one credit and I found a nutrition class that had three credits. It seemed to be a fairly interesting course so that was what I did. Their system was all automated and I was immediately given access after I paid. Then upon completion, I just had to click a button to transfer my credit.

They also have live chat and I used that to ask about their discounts. Te company is always pumping out discounts and I was unaware of one that I was able to use. But the person I talked to about it on live chat was able to hook me up with those $50 off a course. Aside from that, the access to the textbook was free and they have a library of resources that I was able to use. They had good tutorials as well. When it came to the end of the course, I had to have it proctored. They had a whole video explaining how that proctoring process worked because I was unfamiliar with that so having that video resource was useful. I recommended StraighterLine to other students, but I also recommend that the students should talk to the person at the college before purchasing things on StraighterLine because other students that were recommended to use them ended up spending money that wasn’t necessary.

Original review: April 25, 2019

The admission's team at StraighterLine was very helpful and their website provided information that I needed. Also, whenever I have a question, I can call and talk to them and they're very helpful. It was very easy to complete the course. StraighterLine has all the materials that you need to prepare for exam and it provides everything. All they need is your time and passing to complete the course.

Original review: April 24, 2019

If you have time, StraighterLine is the best route to go. You'll be able to do it at your own time and pace. But if you cannot manage your time, you would just be wasting money. You would think you have time to do it and you would be procrastinating because the program is not structured. So if you're considering going through with StraighterLine, find the time.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 22, 2019

I was referred to StraighterLine by Western Governors University to obtain certification that would then transfer as college credits. I enrolled in a course under the assumption that everything I needed was in the monthly subscription and course fee. I get partway into the course and see the notification that I will need software for the remainder of the course. I looked online and found that the software I needed is no longer being supported by Microsoft and reaching its end of service date. I did find a link for the software for free, but I wanted to make sure that this is what was needed for the course. I reached out to StraighterLine and was given a similar link to download the software for free.

After I downloaded the software, the textbook was referencing actions to complete that were not available in the software. Even the How to create a new database was not applicable. I contacted StraighterLine and they had me email the link to them and said they would call me back. They never called. I reached out via chat and spoke to a rep who, after reading the above said, "What do you want me to do about it?" I told her to cancel my membership. I hate being scammed. I hate that getting into school depended on this scammy and unresponsive company. I want my money back.

StraighterLine response

Sandra,

Thanks for the feedback, I apologize for the confusion, nothing relayed to you by WGU or StraighterLine was meant to be deceptive. What we mean by "everything included" is no hidden fees, anything that has a cost is included in the test prep course. This includes practice tests and test items, textbooks, videos, tutorials, etc.

It is true, especially for IT certification courses for Microsoft, that you might be required to download freely available software that's essential for the skill-based certification and will need to install and use it to best prepare for the examinations. We don't directly host files from 3rd parties because they are the best resource for downloading them (likewise for software from Sourceforge or similar executable file hosting). This is a safe, and common practice, for technical training programs which I think you'll encounter again once you return to WGU.

I hope that helps clarify how free 3rd party software fits into the certification training process.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out (I will put my direct contact information in a DM),

Joseph Thibault

VP Student Support and Academic Services

Original review: April 19, 2019

I enrolled in StraighterLine to assist with raising my GPA to be able to enroll with another university. I had never attended college and had not attended school for nearly 18 years so I was very nervous, needless to say. The course was very challenging in the beginning but I was given all of the tools I needed to succeed. I quickly got back into the swing of things and if I had any questions my Professor and tutors were readily available. I completed my course within a little more than a month and my earned credit was quickly transferred to the college I applied to. Everything was a breeze and I definitely recommend StraighterLine!

Original review: April 18, 2019

The best decision I’ve ever made! It was so convenient and easy. Please don’t be discouraged sign up take the class on your time and before you know it it’s over. I procrastinated for a whole year for a class I completed in 1 week.

Original review: April 18, 2019

My husband was laid off 3 days after signing up for courses and StraighterLine refused to give me my money back. I am aware it’s against policy, but it was crucial for my family to get my money back during such a scary and unsure time and they refused. I expected a little understanding and grace but they would not budge. Luckily I’ll be able to go back to school soon, but I absolutely will not be going through StraighterLine nor will I be recommending them.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I run into StraighterLine online. I've realized that I would never pass Algebra and Chemistry. I don't have the basics down enough and I'm gonna have to go somewhere else to take those classes. When I saw the cost of some of the classes that I had to take, they were a lot less expensive at StraighterLine than the ones I was taking at CSU. It made sense. So far, I've passed the classes and the professors there are very good.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I was unable to finish my undergrad last year due to financial constraints. I ended up later, while working a full-time job, flying back and forth to finish it. It was cheaper doing that commute than attending another school for two years. At that time, I still needed to do Spanish courses so I ended up needing to do it online and I did that with StraighterLine. I tried to do it asynchronously. I was working in theatre and that is not a flexible industry to be working for schedule-wise.

The thing that was appealing about StraighterLine was the fact that I could finish it. It is easy to not do that and let the charges just kind of stack up each month. But if you're motivated and responsible, you can finish your courses relatively quickly. One of my motivating factors was that every month I got charged $100. If I didn't finish the courses quickly, I would need to keep using them. I just needed to get my things done and I mostly had internal motivation for that.

With StraighterLine, the prices were cheaper than enrolling at a community college. StraighterLine was everything was asynchronous for a general requirement. I only took three classes and I found StraighterLine specifically because they had all three of the weird General Education requirements I was missing. They had no influence on my undergraduate study focus. But it was all textbook and computer with StraighterLine. There was virtually no professional or human interaction.

Also, they have to do this thing where they have to allow someone to have complete remote access to your computer in order to take a test. It's a huge security flaw and I really don’t want to get that. Other than those, if you just need to finish something up really quickly, you could do StraighterLine. But if you're looking for a more in-depth educational experience like you actually want to learn Spanish, you should seek out different avenues for becoming fluent in that language.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I was with Walden University and I needed to take some Humanity classes. Walden told me StraighterLine is cheap and affordable that was why I chose them and realized that they were flexible. Based on my needs, I could work with them and achieve what I needed to achieve. Everybody I talked to was very helpful and resourceful as well. They responded to my questions on time and they were always available to answer my questions which was beneficial to me and my course. Also, there was this course that I didn't have the required score to validate and when I was about to re-register the course, StraighterLine gave me a discount which was really helpful. I think that's something interesting, which we don't find with other schools or colleges. It was an awesome experience overall.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Enrolling with StraighterLine was fairly easy. They didn't ask too much. I was a student athlete and they told me about a program where you can take up courses while doing athletics to boost your GPA. When I needed to refund a class, I had tech support with a staff member. It took them a while to get back to me at first, which was frustrating. But I emailed them again and within a day they refunded and put the credit on my account, which let me enroll in another course that I could take.

My experience with StraighterLine is kinda hard because the proctor exam service, ProctorU, does everything. Sometimes your livetime might not be working or your camera is not connecting properly and then you miss your exam. And it's hard to reschedule those. As a matter of fact, one of my biggest problems is scheduling exams for one class. It wouldn't schedule, or if it was scheduled, some things like the screen wouldn't come up and go through. So, it's gonna be an extra month just to take one of my exams. Still, I would recommend StraighterLine to all my orgs and students that are still in college. It's hard to learn on your own and the questions are worded weird so it takes a while to get your work done. But for classes like English, everything is smooth. Just stay on top of it and try to get a noncredit as soon as possible, so you don't keep getting charged.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I wanted to do my education at my own pace without having to be rushed or having assignment due dates on top of regular life. The admission team at StraighterLine helped match me with a specific area of study and guided me through the whole way. It was worth it.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My son was in a situation where he needed hours so that he could graduate on time. I heard about StraighterLine from one of my kids’ academic advisers, and I liked the self pace and the price. After my son finished, my daughter joined as well. It kept them focused, and they both completed their course in under two and a half weeks. He was in College Algebra and she did A&2. She just enrolled in another course because she loved it so much. She's excited about the decision and had she seen it sooner, she could already be in her nursing school. She never found out how the lab grade works though. Other than that, any time they send an e-mail, it was responded to right away.

Original review: March 7, 2019

This was a great experience if you are willing to work hard you can get through classes very quickly. I needed prerequisites to go from a business degree to an education degree. History classes take US History 1, US Constitution and Western Civilization. These classes were nicely put together with 4 tests and a final. I really like that you can take the first test as many times as you want. This allows you to see the types of questions that will be asked moving forward. Health/Nutrition was put into 17 tests. All of the test were only 10 questions long but made sure you had the information down from the chapter they were representing. I saved a lot of time with these classes being online and also quite a bit of money. I really value and love StraighterLine and the fact that these courses hooked directly to my university, which made getting transcripts over very fast and easy.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I used StraighterLine from Sept to Feb 2019 and I could not have asked for a better experience. I saved TONS of time and money which helped me currently move along faster than other students. I took six classes and passed five of them according to my school's guidelines. Though I took longer than I would if I would have taken them at my school, it was so much cheaper and easier to learn at home. I was told about this website/classes through a friend that recommended it and at first it did not sound legitimate. Little did I know I would learn a lot, in the privacy of my own home. I will forever be grateful for your guys and all your support (answering questions, giving advice, etc). Overall, I become a better writer, more proficient in med term, microbiology, and math. Thank you so much.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Online courses are cheaper, and I had a very easy experience with StraighterLine's admissions team. They were very helpful and they matched me with a specific area of study. Everybody was really nice the whole time. I like that at StraighterLine, you can work at your own pace. Study, read carefully, and then do your best.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My dad works with some nurses at the hospital and they used StraighterLine to start their degree. I was going for the police department and one of the requirements was that we need 60 credits. The online course was manageable for my work schedule, so StraighterLine really worked out. It was also affordable. It’s good that their program is self-paced. So being able to do that and sometimes doing it during work helped out. If I was called out to work while I was right in an exam, I could ask them and they could reset it. StraighterLine helped me further my education and got me to where I needed to be to get into my career.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

When I went back about halfway through my Bachelor's program at Strayer University, StraighterLine was directly mentioned as a resource to earn some additional credits. Time and speed made me look into online courses. I'm a professional and my workload is pretty heavy. Courses online offer a good alternative to get some things done. I really liked the structure of the site itself. When I first took my first two courses, I did not do as well as I wanted to and tried to rush through them. But the more classes I took, the more I got used to the structure of the program as I started doing better.

I'm very pleased with my interactions with their staff. Every time I needed something, I would email the advisory. On my first course, there was only one professor and it took her a while to get back to me, which was a little disappointing. Other than that, 90% of the interactions were very responsive and positive. The key to succeeding as a StraighterLine student is persistence. I would get into a subject and stick with it. If the student approaches each course like that and doesn’t put it off, the student would do really well.

The final exams are proctored. I've taken the exams six times now, so I'm very used to the ProctorU component. I had an issue on the last course that I took though. I had to use the restroom but the moderator had stepped away from monitoring me for a couple of minutes. I went to the bathroom and I texted that I was gonna use the restroom. They must have come back before I came back and freaked out because they didn’t know where I was. Accordingly, they made me go through the whole vetting process all over again. I had to reshow my desk, my keyboard, the area in front of me, and behind my desk. I lost seven to eight minutes of a one-hour exam, which was critical. I found myself having to rush at the very end and I only scored 60. I've never done that poorly and it could definitely be attributed to that. The moderators should be a little cognizant of sticking on ProctorU when they administer the test.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I went to StraighterLine to advance in my schooling faster, and I knew exactly the specific area of study that I wanted. I spoke to one counselor who helped and made me believe to sign up for this. I really liked the video presentations. It wasn’t just notes. They had a video there, and I always prefer that. Even in school, I always rely on YouTube for any type of videos I can find online rather than just the book. It helps because I can rewind that video as many times as I need, rather than read over and over. It comes easier to me when I see someone explaining rather than reading. However, I had to use Firefox for StraighterLine because it wasn’t working very well with Safari, the main browser I use. Nevertheless, at StraighterLine, I could do my schooling whenever I had a chance rather than having to show up to class all the time.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I needed to graduate this year so I had to take courses at StraighterLine. Here I can do the courses at my own time, though learning to manage my time was key to being successful.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My guidance counselor recommended StraighterLine or that I do something else, like clubs. I looked at both of them and StraighterLine looked better so I picked that and studied over the stuff they have. I have recommended StraighterLine to all my friends as well.

StraighterLine Company Information