4.47/5
  • 1 star
Based on 108 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

StraighterLine is an online program that enables you to earn college credit and save thousands of dollars at the same time. Earning college credit through StraighterLine is simple; you choose your courses, complete them and transfer them to any of our 130+ accredited colleges in our network. Our membership of $99 a month will help you start saving up to 60% on your college degree. Contact us today to learn more about our program & speak to one of our counselors!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

131 StraighterLine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I was so appreciative of StraighterLine giving me the flexibility to take classes from home to prepare me for returning to school. My only complaint is the class set up of only testing. I would have liked to have smaller assignments and checkpoints for grade and checking for comprehension. Again, still love the flexibility of this.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Overall, I was pretty happy with my StraighterLine experience. The classes varied from course to course, and I was not a fan of the Acrobatiq-based courses I took (particularly Survey of World History). However, the other courses I took, designed in-house (I think), were all a pleasant experience. I'm happy with my investment at StraighterLine.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

StraighterLine was a great option for me to complete elective courses for a much lower cost than I would have if I took them at my school. I was able to take my last 3 courses in one month and saved me thousands of dollars. The classes were challenging and I enjoyed the process.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I enrolled at StraighterLine for a pre-requisite course for a nursing program. Getting into a class was simple and the only issue I ever had was I got charged twice for a class and it took about a month to get my refund for the double payment. Other than that, my interactions with their staff were good and it was a pretty good experience overall.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

The course was more rigorous than I would have expected from a precalculus course but all in all, it was an amazing review of the material. The online textbook was difficult to navigate and at times incongruous with the exams and quizzes. But the course provided adequate material and structure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StraighterLine?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I want the benefit of reaching my career goals and the university I was going to recommend me to take some classes with StraighterLine. I won’t have to take out some eight for other classes when they offer them for an easier cost. I took three courses with them. The course material was good but the only thing I really didn’t like was the proctors because they have people watching me while I take their exam. Other than that, the people there were helpful and generous. You just have to know the course materials, study and go over everything. The quizzes were fairly straight from the texts, but some of them were confusing. Some of them would be the same questions but worded differently and they would have different answers for each which made it a little difficult.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We wanted the convenience of StraighterLine being online and we also liked the price that they offered. I took one course from them which was purely online and it's pretty much like any other ordinary course. The only difference is that it's up to you how soon you finish the semester so you can take and add factors as you go, depending on how you schedule it. They maintained the integrity of the course by launching the final exam. It's a very good option for students who are looking to get additional credits. It's also great because all the professors are there to help you. StraighterLine tries to maintain their integrity and that's the key to their business. My experience was nice and I have been recommending them to other friends.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I'm graduating and still have formal classes left. The University of Phoenix recommended StraighterLine to me as a quick and cheap way of getting more credits in. Everything was great with them. I liked how you can take the classes at your own pace. I was able to study and I had the teachers there when I needed them. They helped me through certain situations and exams. I will recommend StraighterLine to anyone and I'm ready to register for another class.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I like the idea of taking online classes. I knew what I wanted to study because I was already taking it through college. I decided to take it on StraighterLine because I can’t pass it at college with a different teacher. Everybody was excellent at StraighterLine. I felt organized with StraighterLine and I would recommend them to a friend. And if anybody would ask me about StraighterLine I will tell tell them to just do their part, take their time and be patient.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I’m enrolled in school and StraighterLine was a way to expedite the graduation. Everything was convenient for me. I like the way StraighterLine provided the slides and the PDF book, the way their exam is set up and the exercises as well. Everything is appealing to me. I knew what I needed to take but I wasn’t sure what classes I should take. But something I really like about their website is when you go and put the name of your school that you’re attending or you attended it matches the classes between what they have and what I’m supposed to take in my school. It made it very easy.

One of their staff was very helpful when I needed someone to talk to at the beginning when I needed all this information like how to sign up and more details on prices and how things work. They were very helpful and after that everything was pretty much done online. StraighterLine is self-paced and it fits my schedule very well. I was able to meet the deadlines that I have so that was very flexible. I’d like to thank them for all the time and money that they saved me.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

My cousin went to the University of Phoenix and she told me how she found out about StraighterLine through her counsellor. StraighterLine is an easier and faster avenue to get the classes that I needed so I can pass my deadline. I did everything online when I signed up. There were online tutorials and great online books which was good for the course I was taking. My experience with them was great. I like everything and the self-practice style helped so much.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I wanted to finish up school and needed one more elective, so I looked into StraigherLine and ended up taking The Student Success. The only classes that I didn’t find appealing were the ones where you had to go and find somebody to sign off on stuff and some were also more time-consuming than just taking the actual class. But it was easy depending on the class you had to take and for certain classes, it made it quicker. The weird guy also did the proctoring and he definitely made the process interesting.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I was going to take a Master's program through WGU and there were a few more courses I needed. I have two requisites and they told me about StraighterLine as a good way to get that done so I could start my program in time. I liked StraighterLine’s do-it-at-your-own pace, not set in a certain timeframe so you can get it done as quickly or as slow as you need to. They really helped with balancing online classes. My program is going all online for my Master's and it really showed me the best way to balance my time and make sure that I'm still studying for the appropriate amount of time. It's so much easier when you're doing it on the computer than saying, "I'll do it later." It's affordable, easy to sign up for and to get in.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I transferred from Western Governors University to StraighterLine to get some credits before pursuing my degree. I like that StraighterLine is online. It’s time-consuming to go to other schools. Also, the pricing of StraighterLine is way better than other schools offering courses online. They charge a flat fee of $99 per membership, while going to other schools will cost thousands of dollars. I'm still learning and there’s a lot that needs to be done. But StraighterLine has friendly employees and whenever I need something, I call them and they help me out. Basically, they're all good people. Studying at StraighterLine is straightforward and uncomplicated, and everyone needs to try them out. It’s the best school for purposes of getting credits and pursuing higher education. I highly recommend StraighterLine to everyone and I've already told a couple of my friends to study there.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I had already been doing a Master’s program through Liberty University and I had a couple more undergrad left for my contentcompevals for teaching. They suggested doing it through StraighterLine because of the cost and flexibility in doing it on my own and in the benefit of my time. It is super inexpensive. Being able to do it all online was kind of an issue but then it made it so much easier to fit it in with my schedule. It’s been a great experience with StraighterLine. They should keep doing what they’re doing.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

StraighterLine is Amazing! I Love Everything about StraighterLine because it allows me to save money and made me be able to graduate early and ahead of time. The advisors are always here to help and their site is very easy to navigate. I would and will recommend a lot of people to StraighterLine. Thank you for making me save a lot of money StraighterLine!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I planned to graduate in August and StraighterLine helped me get a degree very quickly. I only needed two classes, so it immensely helped me finished my goal in nick of time.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I needed to take a class but didn’t want to go to the regular community college, so my academic advisor told me about StraighterLine. It was easier for me to take it through them. I didn’t talk to any of the staff or the instructor. I just read the chapters that they told me to read, completed them and took the exam. I had a fine experience and I will recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was researching online for a certificate course. I am an architect and I am going for a master’s degree in architecture. I needed the credits for my graduate program. I knew that I needed to take a writing course and instead of going to school, I could take what I needed from anything StraighterLine offers. Plus, it was a cheap way because all other schools charge you a lot, so I saved myself at least $800. The material they provided was very professional. I did the writing course myself as it was very clear. Everybody was helpful and when I needed the transcripts, they sent them right away. Do your homework and don't get tied up at work. StraighterLine is high level. You will learn for real, get your transcript and save yourself a lot of money. I love StraighterLine and I would recommend them. I would take some courses in the future if I have to.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I needed a couple extra science credits for my Master's. I liked that StraighterLine was online, and I can do the courses whenever I wanted. They give a lot of resources, and one must definitely learn how to manage his own time to be successful. The program really gives a lot of opportunities for a student to study lots of information. And they gave me the option to get help from them, and although I didn't need it, having it as an option was positive as well. My experience was quick, convenient and useful.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I was trying to enroll and accumulate 50 credits to get into the Bachelor’s program at Indiana Wesleyan when I heard about StraighterLine. I was attracted to StraighterLine because it was self-paced. At Wesleyan, they helped me pick a course. And then the admissions people at StraighterLine were very helpful. They helped me matched what I needed because I couldn’t duplicate credits so they suggested that I take the Nutrition Class. I’m satisfied and I love StraighterLine. I kept up on my reading and answered all the questions in the pre-test. I read and prepared myself for the quizzes, the midterm, and the final exam. But I was in a total loss on some questions because some of the tests and quizzes have questions that were not in the lesson.

StraighterLine response

Thanks for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and use to help us improve the experience for other students.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

StraighterLine helped me get a leg up on my Accounting degree by allowing me to finish some prerequisites early--and for way less than I would have paid otherwise. I really like the self paced class too! I was able to for the classwork into my very busy life.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Western Governors University recommended StraighterLine. I liked the price and the self-paced learning. At StraighterLine, using flashcards and staying on top of your schedule will help you succeed. I only took classes with them for two months, and my experience was very effective. I've already recommended them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I wanted to cover my pre-reqs as soon as possible because I'm a housewife and I wanted to complete my degree as soon as possible, too. So when I heard about StraighterLine through my university advisor, I thought I should give it a try if it will work. I took my first course, College Algebra, and it worked out really good. What I like most in that College Algebra course was the review study guides the professor gave at the end of every lesson. They were really helpful. I practiced with the exercises and all the materials. After every lesson, there is an exercise so I did those things, too. They help a lot. If someone wants to do the course, they should try using those resources.

To anyone who wants to save some time, who is ambitious, and wants to do studies, they can do it with StraighterLine because it really is helpful. I really liked it. You can do the work at home. You can do it on the weekends or at night. There’s no limitation. This is what I really wanted so I enjoyed studying with StraighterLine. They were cooperative.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

A Baker College rep told me about StraighterLine as an option to get my degree done. It was a self-paced option that I could start at any time and it worked well with my travelling schedule. The best part of it was that there were no due dates and I liked that. I knew what I needed going into the StraighterLine course. I was trying to close some electives out. Everything was good in my experience with StraighterLine. You've got to do all the work and reading assignments, though, to be successful as a student there.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

StraighterLine is cost-efficient for me to finish my degree and it is going to save me a lot of money. I already knew all I needed to do and what classes I needed. I liked the fact that they have the options where they offer the coupons towards the classes and it’s a good thing because even though they’re not as expensive as college classes, sometimes you still need the discount and get the book. Everything is self-paced but you can own it. The content of the materials is easy enough where you could get one class done within one month and you can even get two classes at the same time. It’s important to do time management. StraighterLine has been good so far and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Going through courses on StraighterLine is very affordable. It’s a lot less money than trying to take a class at a college I was at. I heard about it from my friends and I started my first class last summer. I knew about going into my area of study and I was able to finish the program and then transfer into the school of my choice. As long as students make sure that whatever class that they’re looking at would transfer to the college they’re at, I would definitely encourage them to take it with StraighterLine. They just have to stay on top of it, have time management and stuff like that, in order to be successful.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I took a business admin program in StraighterLine. Their classes and price were appealing. Plus, everyone I've dealt with has been great. Others should lower their cost of their tuition and take classes on StraighterLine. Good time management can help them succeed.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

If you’re going through any financial situation, StraighterLine is a great school to attend. I was completing my degree at Strayer University when I first heard about them. I knew my specific area of study and they were a cheaper option for my last two classes. It's reasonable and to be a successful student there, just give quality time to reading your assignments. It's a big key. I also like that you don't have a time frame with them so you can you use your optimum to get other things done at the same time.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

SL delivered as promised. The school and services were easy to use, fast, convenient, and very affordable. I was able to complete a college-level Communications course in under five weeks. No tricks, no bait-and-switch, just delivered as promised. I was very satisfied and I highly recommend SL. Very reasonable.

StraighterLine Company Information