4.64/5
Based on 232 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

straighterline.com

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

StraighterLine is an online program that enables you to earn college credit and save thousands of dollars at the same time. Earning college credit through StraighterLine is simple; you choose your courses, complete them and transfer them to any of our 130+ accredited colleges in our network. Our membership of $99 a month will help you start saving up to 60% on your college degree. Contact us today to learn more about our program & speak to one of our counselors!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 26, 2018

260 StraighterLine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 26, 2018

I needed a few courses to be able to apply to WGU and they recommended StraighterLine and said that I could get them done through there. The online feature and working at my own pace appealed to me. I have a family, so I’m not really good with set deadlines. Their system was great. It was very easy to work through and any questions I had were always answered. StraighterLine is easy to work into a schedule and a good way to get your credits done so you can apply and keep moving on with your future goals.

Get expert buying tips about Online Course Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I heard about StraighterLine through my systems coach at Strayer University, and I went with them so that I could get back on track with my graduation goal, to get those credits all the way. It was an easy process and it's a definite way to save money and get the credits that are needed.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I first heard about StraighterLine from a friend. StraighterLine's price was cheap and I liked how the program was self-paced. I didn’t have a professor, but I liked the format. My experience with StraighterLine was great and the key to being successful through them was planning my time wisely.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I was about to graduate and needed three credits, but the college that I was attending was charging me a lot of money for one class. When I heard about StraighterLine, I looked at what they offered and selected one of the electives that was on there. Then I spoke to a couple of people that helped me from the support team. They sent me an email saying that because I reached out to them, I got some discount. One of the advisers also reached out to me and offered help. I liked StraighterLine a lot. StraighterLine was more convenient for me than doing the classes at the school. Everything was at my own pace and it made me stay motivated to keep on going and finish everything faster.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with StraighterLine. I like everything, especially after it turned to be that my membership was not canceled. In my English class, I experienced people reviewing my works, and it was always very good reviews and commentaries, so that was very helpful. Just learn and if you do all homework, you will pass, and get good grades.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StraighterLine?

Original review: May 22, 2018

I was referred to StraighterLine by one of the academic advisers through my university, Liberty University. I had been discussing with them about options for speeding up my course for my graduation plan. Also, I had wanted to take a class through someone else besides Liberty. As far as StraighterLine classes go, I like the setup as I go my own pace. For the particular class that I was looking to avoid taking through Liberty, like that they have it set up at StraighterLine where it was just read the textbook and take the test. It was not so much graded papers and lectures and such. It was more graded on, “Read this, do you understand the materials or not,” instead of being graded on grammar that I might be graded on papers.

I signed up for the classes myself and submitted the transcripts to my university. The affordability of the classes was fantastic. College is definitely not a cheap experience and I was able to cut a large portion of the debt out that I would have had if I would have taken those four classes that I took with StraighterLine. With my regular university, that would have been thousands of dollars whereas it was about $600 for me to take all four classes with StraighterLine, so that was really great. I’ve recommended them to other people.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I heard about StraighterLine from a former student and I got interested in being able to get my credits out of the way with it. During admission, I did everything on my own. I had to partner up with my own college to see what classes I could take, and from there, I chose classes. Being a student was very hectic. It was crunch time for me and I got it done in a month. Getting it done quickly was appealing because I could get it done cost efficiently. It would have been a whole another semester and the cost was the biggest thing for me. I got four classes done in a month so that was great.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I needed extra credits and I didn't wanna spend extra compared to what I would have to pay at the University. One of the advisers at the school that I went to mentioned StraighterLine. It gave me an option to do it at my own pace. I just followed the program and kept up with the reading as there was a lot of reading with StraighterLine. It's a great opportunity to get these electives that I need without having to pay an arm and a leg for one class. I'd tell others to sign up if they needed some extra electives.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I was told that going with StraighterLine would help me get my credit to be eligible to play soccer faster and I liked how I could go on my own pace. When it was time to take my exam, a staff member helped me a lot. I didn't have my ID with me but she said I could go and get in. I did elective courses and went at my own pace. I liked how at StraighterLine, they told me I was great right away after, and how it was fast to get credits.

Original review: May 18, 2018

The last two courses I needed were easier to do through StraighterLine as I can get through them faster at my own pace. I did online courses and did Intro to Sociology and Spanish. I stayed on top of my work, made sure to check on my assignments and got everything done, and graduated. I had a lot of interactions with Bianca and she helped me a lot. She had answers to every question that I needed answers to and I also talked to a couple of people online via email. If someone asks, I'd tell them to enroll and do their courses on StraighterLine.

Original review: May 17, 2018

StraighterLine was suggested to me to get a class knocked out of the way. I used it get ready to go to WGU and it was user-friendly. Everything seemed to work out pretty well and I didn't have any issues. A few of my friends are actually interested in going to online school and I told them to check StraighterLine out to see if the transcript would transfer over and they'd accept it, and that it's affordable and my friends can accelerate through it.

StraighterLine response

Travis - Thanks for helping spread the word. Good luck at WGU.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Last semester, one of my friends took a class called Microbiology from StraighterLine. She said she passed it and asked her to tell me about it. I went to their website and signed up for Microbiology and I passed it. My last science class is cell biology. I stayed with them in a two-week class. I decided that was full enough compared to what I wanted to finish. It was a cool and convenient experience. I was so glad I was there.

One of the instructors was really there for his students. He helps sort out any problems they have in the class. You need to have a good time management skill in order to pass the classes. On one side, you can take a class on your own time, but you also have to make time for it as well because it’s an online class. I'd tell friends that StraighterLine is affordable and to take it seriously.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I have to pay for school out of pocket and StraighterLine was affordable. I was going to finish at WG but StraighterLine offered some of the courses I needed at a cheaper rate. And I was able to go ahead and take those courses, have it credited and transferred except one class. It really helped that I was able to work in my own pace. But when I got ready to take my final, I felt like it didn't have anything to do with the assignment or what I studied so you have to do that additional work on top of what they already assigned. But I would recommend StraighterLine to a friend.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I needed time to process my work and heard about StraighterLine from a friend of mine. I went directly to my area of study and I really enjoyed StraighterLine because I got enough time to work on the subjects, study and I didn’t have to rush for the course.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I heard about StraighterLine from one of my classmates in one of my Math classes at school. We were talking about other Math classes and I told him how I needed to take Calc 1 and Calc 2 and all the other ones, and how I probably needed to retake Precal. He told me I could do it through StraighterLine and he taught me how it works, so I looked it up, went on their website, told my mom about it, and it worked out. I took Precal and it was really good. I passed it. Recently, I did Calc 1 and that was also really good.

What I found appealing about StraighterLine was the price and how I’m not rushed. It’s a perfect setup to pay monthly to get my own pay. It’s really affordable and worth it. I like the structure that the classes offer especially since I have to take a lot of Math classes and they have those Math classes that helped a lot. I enjoyed the fact that with the topics that I was learning, it was the exact same stuff that was being taught at my school and that was the reason why I got approved to take it through them. The syllabus was exactly what I needed, and also the structure and the lessons going through it. The lessons were well put together because I was able to understand what I was learning. It was affordable and I got something out of the classes.

Both Precal and Calc 1 were pre-recorded lessons. Precal was not outdated but just old, but it was still relevant. And if it wasn’t for the Calc 1’s professor, it would not have made Calc 1 interesting at all and I would’ve stopped paying attention. I liked his Math humor. His quirkiness made the class interesting and it kept me engaged, always waiting to see what he would say next. I really liked those lessons with him. I have been recommending StraighterLine to other people and for others I’ve told that I was doing StraighterLine and are also doing StraighterLine, there’s always something positive talking about it.

Original review: May 12, 2018

The university recommended StraighterLine to me. It was simple and easy getting on the website. Plus, if I had any complications, I can easily call someone and they'd help me through it. I found how they lined up all the assignments for the classes, the schedule, and how I fast I could finish the class appealing. If I wanted to finish it in two days, I could and I didn't have to wait for weeks. I found that reading the work is the key to being successful. I'd tell friends that they should use StraighterLine.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Thanks. I can complete my course to apply to nursing school. The course and lab is convenient and informative. I love how I can study from home. I can access my textbook on the go and highlight on it too.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My guidance counselor told me about StraighterLine and I found it to be a really good school. The classes weren't very expensive and the free tutoring and e-Books were helpful in achieving success. I have recommended StraighterLine to a couple of people.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I attend the University of Phoenix and StraighterLine was suggested there. I thought it would be faster and easier to go to StraighterLine and the tuition wasn't that expensive, so that gave me the opportunity to take advantage of the low cost of the class. The staff was nice and guided me through my transcript 'cause I had problems understanding that, and they were very helpful. I got my college math out of the way. I made time, paced myself through the class and dedicated myself to it, making sure that I studied and knocked it out. The experience was real easy and I would recommend it. The cost is more than fair, and I think that other people should take advantage of that opportunity.

Original review: May 10, 2018

StraighterLine helped me to get back into school after life knocked me off my feet. I was not able to get back into my old university and my GPA was so low from trying to balance 3 jobs and school that no one else would take me. StraighterLine allowed me to finish my basics, pick my GPA up tremendously and has put me back on track. I’ve moved on to another university, thanks to StraighterLine’s help, and will be graduating in a few months. Life is hard and unfair, sometimes. I feel like StraighterLine is the only institution that understood that and I am so grateful for the grace I was shown.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I tell people to try to take their courses from StraighterLine because that's one of the fastest places to get credit for their associate or college degree. If I had gone to community college, it would have taken me four years. At StraighterLine, it was on my own pace and I did it faster than community college. They sent feedback from the quizzes and the final exam helped me a lot. I also spoke with them and sent an email. There was some technical stuff. It was very helpful.

StraighterLine response

Eric, thanks for letting folks know about your experience with Straighterline.

Original review: May 9, 2018

This course has increased my knowledge in the field of cultural anthropology. In all honesty, I learned more from this course than some courses I sat in at my 4-year institution in either the Fall or Spring semester. Overall, it was a great learning experience and the content that was covered was not only relevant to the course but also relevant to real-life applications as well!

Original review: May 9, 2018

StraighterLine was a tool used in my college strategy to save money without sacrificing my education integrity. I was able to save over $16,000.00 in student loans. As a single father and over the age of 50, these saving were desperately need and appreciated. Thank You, StraighterLine!!!

Original review: May 9, 2018

StraighterLine was a great beginning place for me to earn college credit. The format of classes was tailored to my time and style. Over time the format of some courses changed to include more assignments instead of a few heavily weighted tests. When this change occurred it became more difficult for me to complete courses, which motivated me to look for other options. I found an online service in Study.com which focused on requiring many graded quizzes and very few assignments. This proved to be conducive to my learning style and I subsequently utilized their system over StraighterLine to complete additional courses. StraighterLine played a significant role in my path towards a bachelor's degree and I am grateful for the ability to complete the courses I did through StraighterLine.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I liked the course (Anatomy and Physiology). I just had a hard time finishing up course before the month came to renew so I stopped it until I know I will have time to complete course and take the proctored exam. I also need to purchase a better laptop.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I needed a quick credit before Western Governors University would let me enroll, so my enrollment counselor recommended StraighterLine. I knew exactly what I needed to do. I bought my course, started the process and I finished up the course in about a month. Everything was self-guided. I was left alone and I wasn’t pestered by anybody.

StraighterLine response

Michael - Glad we could help. Good luck at WGU.

Original review: May 8, 2018

The student adviser told me that StraighterLine would be a cheaper way for me to get my last few credits through their college instead of paying for it all on my own. Once I got enrolled and got going on it, I found it very easy to navigate through, and you could work at your own pace. Although I didn’t have any contact with any instructors as they only graded my papers, they were useful when I did that.

Original review: May 7, 2018

StraighterLine is cheaper than the university I attend now. Their price was pretty appealing and the content wasn’t overly hard. I like that it was self-paced so I could do it whenever I wanted. So, that was nice. Taking good notes and making sure I read through the chapters for classes were keys to being a successful student at StraighterLine.

Natalie -

I'm glad we have been able to help you save money on your degree.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My friend ran out of financial aid and StraighterLine was mentioned to her. She told me about it and I reached out to Straighter to find out more about them. I have a kid and I really wanted to graduate. One of my success coaches at Straighter sent me a breakdown of all my classes. There were 25 classes I had left, and she highlighted how many were eligible through StraighterLine based on my course load. I printed all the tests that I had and studied them so that I could be successful on the final. I completed two classes within eight months total and I passed all of them, and they're all transferred. StraighterLine helped me to be able to graduate in October of this year. My experience was amazing.

Original review: May 5, 2018

We made a transfer credit information and StraighterLine was a little cheaper, and I don't have to be there long. During my journey with them, I got help, but I did most of it all by myself because I already knew what class I was gonna take. The key to being successful was having the online book and having to where I can access it whenever because I would study in the car and I probably wouldn't have a signal with my iPad, but I could still look through the book. You've got to be determined and you gotta push yourself to finish the thing you signed up for because nobody else is gonna make you try to push yourself to do it. You gotta have the willpower to do it. I was reading one to two chapters a day and I was telling myself that I was gonna do it. Everybody was telling me to let go because I got all the time. I said no and that I was holding myself accountable. I wanted to finish it at that time.

However, when I did the lab, I didn't know how much I should put into the answers with the lab. When you have different people grading it, there are different reactions to what I was writing and they were different. Sometimes, I would have it where I wrote enough information about it, then they would say it was somebody else's work. And then, I would write it out to where I was just writing the answer and then would say that I needed to write more in my answers, so that confused me. I did the anatomy and the lab one, but when I wrote enough information, I was getting to where I had to submit papers two to three times because they thought I was using someone else's work. It was being flagged for writing more stuff and then it was being flagged for me not writing enough. The instructions need to be clear a bit more on the lab. But other than that, everything else was fine.

StraighterLine Company Information