Call toll free
4.73/5

straighterline.com

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

StraighterLine is an online program that enables you to earn college credit and save thousands of dollars at the same time. Earning college credit through StraighterLine is simple; you choose your courses, complete them and transfer them to any of our 130+ accredited colleges in our network. Our membership of $99 a month will help you start saving up to 60% on your college degree. Contact us today to learn more about our program & speak to one of our counselors!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

418 StraighterLine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

StraighterLine was reasonably priced and they let you work with the time. My course was very usable and they put me at the grade point I was looking for. However, the process part felt like someone was in there watching me and it was kinda strange. It made me feel uncomfortable while I was taking the test. Christopher was my monitor when I took my first test and he stayed on it. He was pretty cool and helped me out a lot. I told him my situation and he made sure I got everything I needed to do to complete the course.

Get expert buying tips about Online Course Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I chose StraighterLine because financially it’s cheaper to get my electives through them than through somebody else. The rep I spoke to when I had a screen was pleasant and answered all my questions. Also, I liked that I got to take over if I wanted to boost my grade up a little bit and I liked the assignments that were helpful although they weren’t credited. Everything went well for me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I was able to get through a lot of courses at StraighterLine and it was very reasonable. I also did what I needed to do within a month so, that was a plus. You should not give up and practice time management to be successful. It’s not gonna get done if you don’t devote the time.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My college adviser told me that I can take a class over at StraighterLine because it’s very easy and affordable and I can do it online. Since I am a mom, I cannot go to school right now. So it was very convenient for me to select a class and study at home. All I needed was one prerequisite and it was my choice. I called StraighterLine because I couldn’t find a specific unit and I had some help from an assistant who sent me the link to the class. In the end, I took the class and everything was fine. I had a nice experience at StraighterLine and I would recommend this class.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Excellent college must study put the time in for success. I give the school 5 stars. Many private colleges and universities will accept their credits especially they understand transferring to one of their schools spending more money. This school will help save you time and money. I recommend it 100 percent. I have attended Phoenix Online, Stanislaus State and other universities. The standards for excellence at this school is hands down the best online classes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StraighterLine?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I’m at the end of my degree in Social Work and I needed the credits to finish it so I can apply for my master's program. Through my school, Liberty University, I found out about StraighterLine and took two business courses there about business organization and intro to business. I learned a lot in those classes to help me run the business I own. I was also able to finish both courses in two weeks. I zoomed through the course and it was great to be able to finish them in the timeline that I wanted. I just got all the information that I needed and took the exams for both and that was it. It was an easy, smooth and good experience. And I'm gonna be taking two more classes with StraighterLine in a few weeks.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Straighter Line is the perfect option for those working and trying to continue their education. You can do things on your own terms with no pressure. The videos were very helpful and to the point. Would absolutely recommend to those looking to further their education.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I truly enjoyed course content and structure. And the self-paced option serves me well for this course. However, being billed an extra month because I hadn’t ‘unsubscribed’ with no option of a refund made me so mad. Make this part obvious, and make s big unsubscribe button. This half-scamming doesn’t serve your company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I wanted to do the nursing pre-licensure and as I was going through their prerequisites, I clicked on the different programs and I saw StraighterLine on those prerequisites. StraighterLine is one of the more flexible options and more cost-effective. Every single one of the staff members was meaningful in my journey and they were excellent. I used my instructor for many courses that I took with StraighterLine and I had a positive experience. There was only one course I didn’t take with StraighterLine, but StraighterLine was my very first choice. Their customer service reps and student advisers were all on point and were all very cooperative.

When I first started with the first program I did with StraighterLine and I got a C on the first course, I called and spoke with them. The rep went through how they have their syllabus set up and the different things they would do to ensure that a student comes out with the best possible education. I said that I was gonna go again and she gave me a free pass where I could go back and retake that course, and I took it a little more seriously. For me, Anatomy and part of Physiology were really challenging, as well as Microbiology.

If you want to get something out of the program, then you have a choice. If you want it just fast and not really come out with too much content, then you should try somebody else. But content-wise, StraighterLine was on board. When I took the time to go in and do the work, I was going through the books. I got what I felt I needed to get out of the program so although it was challenging and it was in some instances a lot of information to retain, once I put the work into it, I came out the better for it.

Having gone through it, I am glad that they challenged me and my capability to really do it because I did not have a science background whatsoever. My background was in public service and public administration, so to come from a public administration background and try to do the science program, things that I have never done before, and still come out with a B, it speaks how good StraighterLine is. I still have two more courses to go with them and the only issue is the labs. It is so expensive to get the lab and I need the lab so it's holding back my thing after all the work I have done so far. I'm waiting until I get the lab kits and to reestablish my membership.

The content is overwhelming but it is really rewarding once you put the effort into it. Content should not be cheated. If you’re really serious about what you want to do and you want to go into your program without at least 75% of the knowledge of what your program will be about, especially for the pre-licensure, I definitely recommend StraighterLine. And for anybody going into any nursing program, I recommend StraighterLine because when they start the program, that’s when they would really see the benefits of putting in all that extra work and it’s gonna pay off.

The content was amazing. It was on point and it really spoke to the whole program or the whole course. There was no part of it that I had left out. Clearly, who designed the syllabus and the information to go into it, they got some really good staff on that and I would really like to acknowledge the people who put together the syllabus. They have some really good trainers there and they really put work into it. StraighterLine has changed my thinking regarding online training and online programs.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I heard about StraighterLine through my guidance counselor at school and when I graduated in May, I was missing two credits. I did it so I could finish my credits and get my diploma. It was convenient because it was online and you could handle it whenever you want to. I can do it at night or in the morning or whenever I wake up. It wasn’t a rush and I had a lot of time which made me feel comfortable.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I had two elective classes before graduation and StraighterLine was cheaper so I took my classes from there. I like their price and the girls that attend the phone. They are very nice, they always answer the phone right away if I need to talk to someone and they answer all our questions. I just wish they had a little more knowledge with the staff. I was disappointed with their instructors a bit. I tried to get feedback but they would only give me feedback when they gave me zeroes. Not that I didn’t do it my full potential, they just didn’t like what I turned in even though they should have possibly given me just a lower grade. They give 100 or nothing. I would only get feedback as to what they expected on an assignment and then once I turn it in, I never knew how I did because they would never respond to that. They just responded with a grade. Nevertheless, I would recommend StraighterLine as a single degree to the University of Phoenix.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I had to get courses done during my summer break. StraighterLine was the best option and it was the advice by one of my advisers. The class was a pre-req for my business courses so it was really helpful for me to complete my courses within the time period. And it was great to know some new courses which were not in my stream. I had a fantastic experience and everything was fine. I'm pretty much satisfied with StraighterLine's service and the interface was great too. If I had chosen some offline classes, that would have been really expensive for me. StraighterLine is a great platform. If you don't have any options to take care of your credits that do online, you must go with StraighterLine. You won't find anything better than that. I would like to do more courses next summer. I'll see if I have enough of credits and if my adviser suggests something, then I'll really do it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I had to take another class before I graduate and StraighterLine was more convenient for me than going to the school since I had to work over the summer. The assignment was straightforward and it told you what you need to do. As any online course, you have to manage your time. Anybody can take it online, but you have to be able to learn the information yourself as opposed to someone teaching it to you and so, you have to be the type of person that likes to read and not someone who just likes to listen.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

StraighterLine's prices for the courses made me decide to go with them. I already knew that I wanted to take Sociology and I did. You just need to have time management to be successful in StraighterLine. However, their courses are not accredited so I cannot enter into the school that I wanted. Nonetheless, I had a good experience with them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My college instructor introduced me to StraighterLine. They are cheap and there are some classes that I can easily take and consolidate them to my college degree. StraighterLine is wonderful, the best. I just have to read the textbooks and make sure I prepare for each examination and the final exam. But I don't like being supervised while taking my exam online. I don't like ProctorU, the third-party that usually supervises during the final exam. I don't like the way they talk to me and the way they make me feel like I'm cheating.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I was able to go at my own pace with StraighterLine. Plus their curriculum was meaningful and amazing because basically what I needed was there. I recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I heard about StraighterLine from my friend and I liked that it was self-paced. But they should organize their layout, like the profiling, a little bit better. When I was starting out, I was confused as to what every button meant. It wasn’t easy to navigate my dashboard. That was the only downfall though.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I had six Humanities credits that I had to get and the people at the university told me that was all I had left to graduate. They recommended that I take a CLEP test first, but I found that that was harder than the actual StraighterLine courses. So I took two CLEP tests and then two StraighterLine courses to finish my degree. The only thing I found difficult though was when I went to take my final, I didn’t know what to study. I was expecting it to be based on something so I studied some of my old credits and old tests. However, the final was completely different. I didn't have a study guide for it other than reading the entire chapter, which I did, but I didn’t know where to focus. Still, when you get your credits within a week and you put in a couple hours each day of work, you can get it done quickly. In the end, StraighterLine helped me get those Humanities credits finished up at a quick pace.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was able to go at my own pace and take classes online with StraighterLine and I found that appealing. It was very easy to register for classes and everything was helpful. I enjoyed the experience.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I'd recommend StraighterLine. I had a couple of classes I had to have to get into a program there. Completing your classes fast will make you succeed at StraighterLine.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I like that with StraighterLine, we had an entire month of not having to pay extra money to finish the class. We could do the class at our own pace. We can do it all in one week if we really need to get done in a fast enough time or we can pace ourselves out. But we tried not to cram it all because we could get behind and end up having to pay for the extra month. I’m just having a hard time getting the credits transferred but still, StraighterLine is definitely a lot cheaper than taking classes at the college I go to, so that was nice.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I had a couple of remaining requirements in my degree and the StraighterLine option was convenient. The process was straightforward and their customer service was very helpful. To be successful, I followed the instructions, read the textbook and completed the assignments. I heard about StraighterLine through my academic advisor and I would recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I was taking Admission in SGSU and I was required to finish some courses. So, my university mentioned StraighterLine and I’m currently doing my MBA with them. Their website, books and test were very available and everything was good. They were very tech-savvy and easy to navigate. I contacted an instructor twice for the entire three-month duration that I took the courses. Every time, they were very helpful and my queries were solved. Plus, the way the courses were structured was very useful. They were very exhaustive and they also told us what will be covered in the exam. StraighterLine was my first experience with an online course and it went well. I was happy with my experience and I have recommended it.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I was able to take the classes at a much cheaper rate at StraighterLine. I knew about them through my college advisor but I wish I had known about it prior to going to all my classes than at the end when I was about to graduate. I tried to email a fellow a couple of times after we were done with the class since we still had a two-week period to contact I could still contact him. I never got a response back and I still have questions so, I gotta contact him again to get some help.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I heard about StraighterLine through my college adviser and needed the extra college credits. I liked that my time with the course was not rushed. I chose one that sounded interesting and the classes were very easy to understand. To be successful, I went over the reading list. As an online course, I found Straighterline effective and well done. It’s also cheaper than going to an actual college so people should go for it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

A friend of mine in the Marine Corps who went to nursing school needed to take a course. We’ve been out of school for 10 years so he and I both were gonna have to take a Finite Math course. His school recommended StraighterLine to him and then I asked him if he had to do anything. He said he went to StraighterLine but I have to make sure that my college will accept it. I did this a month ago and I ended up passing the class and not having to take a Finite Math class again. It turned out that it was one of my required degree classes. To be successful, I watched each of the modules. I tried to do the whole “Oh, I know this,” and then take the test but that was wrong. I got the credit for College Algebra so it cut off literally two semesters at school. I'm about to go back to do two more classes just to get them knocked out of the way. If I can keep knocking semesters by doing that and saving money, I will do it.

I wish StraighterLine would get more partner colleges because I had to jump through hoops when I transferred my credit. I'm going to a community college right now and they did not accept the credit from StraighterLine but they accepted my Ace transcript. So, I had the StraighterLine ones in the transcript over then I had to wait for it to get there and process it. I found out that they weren’t gonna take that, so I was still gonna have to do that. However, they said that they could take an Ace transcript.

I called Tenesia, a staff member and told her I needed her to verify it through the Ace transcript by phone as soon as possible. She did it right then and got me that. The Ace transcript was delivered immediately and I got to pick my classes. It was a week later, but still better late than never. Tenesia was very helpful and happy. She gave me a couple of opportunities to retake a test when it was allowed to be done to get a higher score. She was always a pleasure to work with and talk to. I told everybody I know about StraighterLine. Literally, I was looking at four years of school because of those two classes. Now I'm looking at less than 15 months.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My experience with this company has been very horrible due to the fact that you cannot even request a transcript straight from there to another school without it going through another reliable evaluating company. And they are using corrupted and inexperience proctoring company who is not trustworthy and gives wrong information which at the end affects the student tremendously.

I was clearly told by my Proctor that I could mumble my questions to myself as I'm taking the examination and at the end lied that he did not say that and eventually said the truth that yes he allowed me and proctor send email to StraighterLine and still holding that against me to retake the examination. This is all because another company have to reevaluate my transcript before they send it to my school. I don't think this is a fair situation for any student to go through. Will definitely not recommend this institution to any student as it is very corrupted with inexperienced workers who doesn't know what they are doing. I will be very pleased if Consumer Affairs will look into this institution and change your current status.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I needed a few more class credits and Western Governors University recommended that I go to StraighterLine. I liked that I was able to get to the class quickly. I already knew what I was looking for and I was only in there for a month.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I needed to take some classes so I looked into taking these at StraighterLine. They were cheap and their credits were transferable. Moreover, studying there was on my time and at my pace and that was appealing to me as a prospective student. I liked that the course content was good and up-to-date. Also, the staff members and instructors were always pretty good. But students must make sure that they have time management so they can be in their online class. My experience there was good and I enjoyed it. If people need some classes with transferable credits really quick, they should take these at StraighterLine.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I was looking to take some classes and my boyfriend was helping me look around. While he was researching online, he learned about StraighterLine. They were much cheaper than a lot of other sites that I had seen to take classes on, so I decided to enroll with them. Also, there were a lot of sister schools that take StraighterLine units, so it was easy to convince other colleges to take them.

There were a couple of times where I would take a quiz then I would look back into the textbook and realize that my answer could be considered right. I would email StraighterLine about it and they were very helpful. They would go back and look over everything, then they would either my accept that my answer was also right or tell me why there was a better answer. So, it was good that you could feedback to them when you need to. I would tell others that StraighterLine is a good resource to have and enrolling with them is worth it. They should look into it but they should make sure that their school accepts it first.

StraighterLine Company Information