Call toll free
4.73/5
Based on 299 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

straighterline.com

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

StraighterLine is an online program that enables you to earn college credit and save thousands of dollars at the same time. Earning college credit through StraighterLine is simple; you choose your courses, complete them and transfer them to any of our 130+ accredited colleges in our network. Our membership of $99 a month will help you start saving up to 60% on your college degree. Contact us today to learn more about our program & speak to one of our counselors!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

327 StraighterLine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2018

I had to take a class that was required for my school that I'm going into and found StraighterLine when I Googled. I found it appealing that I could work on it as much or as little as I wanted to and there was no time limit. Also, my adviser, Brandon, helped me out a lot. He was always available when I called him and he always had all the answers that I needed for my specific questions. And I was successful because I had a good job that let me take off a lot of work to finish the course within the time-frame that I needed to for the school that I was going to.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 15, 2018

The institution I'm attending gave me options where I can take classes for the summer and told me about StraighterLine. Their price of the credit units was more affordable which I found appealing. I used the textbook a lot as a student. It comes with purchasing the class except having to pay an extra $100 to get the textbook.

Original review: July 14, 2018

This class was easy to understand. It was not homework heavy or essay heavy. The essays were short enough to finish within a few hours. The quizzes were a little different from what you were learning in the lessons. It was tough to recall the information that was asked on the quizzes.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I heard about StraighterLine from the campus adviser and I wanted to cut down the cost of financial aid. It was better for me to go through them to accumulate my credits faster than waiting for the next semester. I found that the courses were relatively easy and having the e-book and tutoring and all that it provided was just a bonus. Everything was inclusive in the price and if I ever reach out to anyone from there, they were pretty nice. The team matched me with my area of study because I needed electives and they suggested that would be a great way to get some electives done and not have to pay full price for it. The courses, the literature and the materials are geared to help you pass the class and you just have to be disciplined and put in the work in time. It was pretty good and StraighterLine is awesome.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I chose to further my education through StraighterLine as it's convenient. I do it at my pace, wherever I am. Everybody there has been meaningful and the whole online course has been a good thing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StraighterLine?

Original review: July 12, 2018

I've heard about StraighterLine through the University of Phoenix. I liked that StraighterLine is online and I could work at my own pace. And I was able just to pay a one-month subscription. And then I took two classes and it was filing them for free. Since I needed credits quickly, I worked fast for both of my classes. And from my experience, reading the book was the key to being successful at StraighterLine.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I like the classes offered but need to offer child growth and development as it is required class for the majority of schools and more classes in sciences. By offering my classes we don’t need to go out looking for other schools. I feel StraighterLine is capable of doing this. I also like the idea that now you can get financial aid. It will definitely help a lot of families.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Blows other online classes out of the water in terms of price. It was great to be able to go at my own pace, since I was juggling other courses this semester. The ebook was great, and you can make your own online flashcards by highlighting the important info as you read.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I love independent study. I also appreciate that credits can transfer to major universities. It may take awhile but I plan to enroll in as many classes at StraighterLine as possible. I hope to share my experience with family and friends so they can benefit from this inexpensive and flexible option of starting their degree program.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I'm on a four-year scholarship program at school and I had to knock out some classes so I would have money left over in my scholarship to study abroad and further some other plans that I had. I also wanted to accelerate the process of graduating so I took a step for the future and went to StraighterLine. Going there is really nice if you're really good at working at your own pace and wanting to finish quick. I've been a self-learner for all my years so I work ahead, teach myself and learn from a question I got wrong or a test score that didn't come the way I wanted it to be. It helps me stay motivated for University.

I'm doing a 40-hour per week internship where I'm at an office, and so I have some time where I can stay away from work and do some school work, which is nice. There's an advantage to that, like being able to create my own schedule school-wise and I know that if I can't finish in a month, the worst that's gonna happen is StraighterLine will charge me $100 extra for membership. Three months of membership for a single class is still cheaper than one class at University. I finished the classes in less than three weeks. It's a very nice program that helps you succeed at whatever level you're trying to succeed at.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I'm currently going to a nursing school and I needed something taken care of. That school recommended StraighterLine. I researched it and the cost was nice. I also liked being able to do my studies at my own pace. If I needed to speed or slow down, I could. Being able to move on when I already understood something or take my time with things when I didn't helped the most. Overall, StraighterLine was easy to use and navigate. I'll recommend it to anyone.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I was looking for an online course and saw a couple of ads by the internet. My experience at StraighterLine was outstanding in every single aspect. The reps were helpful and when I had some initial retest along the way, the technical team helped me out really quickly. I knew what I was gonna take because my college accepted the StraighterLine credits, and that definitely made me take a course through them.

I needed only one course but if I would have the chance to take a couple more courses before finishing my degree, I probably would’ve taken way more because I really enjoyed it. You just gotta do your part too. The tutoring was helpful. Forr the book, you definitely have to study on your own time. Then for the test, you gotta put a little more work. If you do that, the course is really accessible. StraighterLine should keep up their good work. Until now, they’ve done a really good job on making it really affordable and flexible for students to take their courses. Maybe they could find a way to implement some study guides in some way so they could prepare for the test too. Other than that, everything else is excellent.

Original review: July 8, 2018

About a week before I started my classes, I heard that if you gotta get an elective done, StraighterLine would be an easy and cheap way to do it. I am only four classes away from graduating and when I heard about it, at the time, I had just started a new job. Also, I’m in the military, so it was just easy and a lot more convenient than doing it on a schedule. I took a class and enjoyed it. I wish I would’ve known that Baker was affiliated sooner, though, then I would’ve taken more classes. Other than that, I’ve spread the word to a couple other students in my other classes before I took the class, so I’m hoping they took advantage of the rates and whatnot because it’s an amazing help especially when you got a family. I appreciate it.

Original review: July 7, 2018

My friend who works at a college told me about StraighterLine since I needed some credit hours for my job and so, I needed something quick. I already knew my area of study and my job told me which classes to take. It can be done fairly quickly so I set a time aside for that. I enjoyed the experience and StraighterLine is an awesome site. It saved me and I recommended them to my coworkers.

Original review: July 6, 2018

StraighterLine's affordability was appealing to me and I also like that it's accessible anywhere you go. I'd recommend StraighterLine.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I still had a couple of courses before I can enroll into my graduate program. I had to take some prerequisite courses and I was in contact with a lady who helped in admissions for a PT school in Fargo, North Dakota, and she recommended me to StraighterLine. They had two of the three courses that I needed, and so it worked out well. I pushed through the courses as quick as I could, especially because it's a membership-based school. So, the quicker you're getting done, you'd go to better colleges. For the most part, the courses were a bit easier than what I was used to taking. And so, I pushed one course in about two weeks.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I went to StraighterLine through WGU as I required a second course to go to WGU. StraighterLine was cheap and awesome. I already knew precalculus and I knew the material beforehand. I just needed the credits and StraighterLine allowed me to do the class really fast, which was within a month as opposed to the semester-long that I would have had to take with a brick and mortar school.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I graduated July 2nd and needed ways to obtain my best list. My dean adviser told me about StraighterLine. I looked at the courses and I was impressed so I signed up. I was applying for the master of culture work program and StraighterLine helped me so I could apply for masteral. Everybody there was helpful in assisting me with my concerns. Though I had no instructor and I just filled up a student report, their team members were always available and they initiated for an answer. Overall, StraighterLine helped me a lot to obtain my best list and also helped me to apply for my masteral. I recommend it to others.

Original review: July 2, 2018

My adviser at my college told me about Straighterline and it had been easy being a student there. I can kinda do it on my own terms. You just got to do the work.

Original review: July 2, 2018

The price of Straighterline is a lot cheaper than taking it from the college. And then the material they provide you with, like the books and all that are good. But I remembered taking one of the courses where I have to read more than 400 pages, with about 16 chapters and that was a lot. It takes some dedication to find success as a student and it involves a lot of time. So you just have to create time for it.

Original review: July 1, 2018

It was easier to pick up certain classes at StraighterLine instead of having to pay a lot of money in my institution over the summertime. I did admission myself with their live chat. The courses were pretty fancy and going through them was convenient.

Original review: June 30, 2018

A coworker of mine told me about StraighterLine and I did a little bit of research. I like that StraighterLine is self-paced. And it’s been 10 years since I was in school last time, so returning back to school has been a little bit of a challenge with my work schedule and home schedule and trying to get acclimated back to the environment. So, I guess, really, it’s just being able to sit down. And being able to work at my own pace and not having a set schedule to follow has really helped me. StraighterLine was very user-friendly and the programs are very informative.

Original review: June 29, 2018

My roommate currently works at WDU and they recommend most of us students to go to StraighterLine. One of the staff helped me understand what I needed and the free passes were really helpful for me as well as working at my own pace especially since my schedule is not consistent sometimes. It is a wonderful organization and I'll probably use them again in the future.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I asked Matt, my academic adviser, if there was a way to double up on courses and he offered StaighterLine company as a way to do that without having to double up on two University of Phoenix courses ‘cause StaighterLine is more of a work at your own pace. I found that pretty helpful. I took classes through StraighterLine having in mind that I could possibly get more progress while still doing a class at University of Phoenix. I did about two classes and I might do another one in the future to fill in the gaps on my program with University of Phoenix. It was convenient and the interface wasn’t hard to learn. I would recommend StraighterLine for sure. It took me longer than it should have but in order to be successful at it, students just got to keep logging on even if they feel like they don't find the time or don't want to do it. It is the easy process if you’re trying to get extra college credit.

Original review: June 25, 2018

When I called the University of Maryland’s online program, I told them I wanted to take my courses and get them out the way. I needed to do something where I can do it at my pace. And at that time, I was having some problems with my eyes, so I didn’t have a whole lot of time to be typing a bunch of essays under strict guidelines. I just wanted to get my stuff done and take my test. So, they recommend StraighterLine for their students to get into any program that was just missing a class or two to transfer. When I checked StraighterLine, it was just the way they said it. They were great and it served its purpose. I took the College Algebra and Pre-Calculus class which were very intense. And for the most part, everything went smooth and I didn’t have any problems with registering and taking my classes.

I’m pretty self-motivated, so I didn’t worry about having to talk to professors and email back and forth or do whatever that chat box thing is unless I chose to. If I ran into problems and I’ll seek out the help I need. I know how to use the internet and everything else to gain an understanding of the particular topic I’ll understand and I can figure it out on my own. That’s the way I prefer to work. However, StraighterLine is not recognized as a higher-level accreditation program where schools in Texas, Nebraska, the big universities, the Big Ten schools, Pac-12 schools, and the bigger D1 schools and all the other schools. I would love to see it where 300 or other schools would accept StraighterLine’s credits and it would benefit a lot of the students a lot more. If I am thinking about brushing up on my Statistics, I’d just take a nice program that I can do within 75 hours through StraighterLine.

The only stressful part though was the final exam which was exceptionally challenging and a bit tedious from the material that was there. It was also the only thing that threw a curveball for me. I took the exam at home so I ran into a couple of issues when I was evaluated for my final exam, from my family waking up in the morning, walking into the room and finding a space to get the final exam done. And if the system shuts down or if the internet goes down, I’m in trouble because then my final will be voided and I’ll have to start back over again.

Other than that, I was fine with the final exam and I made it through it. Both courses combined took me less than two weeks to do. But that was because I was motivated and I stayed in front of the computer and worked and worked. StraighterLine was an awesome experience and well worth the effort to do an online course. I’d recommend it to everyone, especially someone that’s highly motivated that can get their work done, can work independently and don’t need a lot of handles.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I am so grateful I was able to take most of my nursing prerequisites at StraighterLine. The self-paced, online schedule made it possible to complete my education as a single mom. I have, and will continue, to recommend these courses to friends and family.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I took one class in StraighterLine and I was diligent about it. I made sure that I got it done sooner rather than later and as fast as I needed to.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Someone who went to Strayer University told me that they were able to complete a few of their courses on StraighterLine. I found it appealing that it was a self-pace course so I could run through an entire class in a week if that's all I did. That made it a lot easier and I finished my four years in 12 months. I had an interaction with my instructor in English class where I had to be graded for my papers, and the grading was very rigorous so I thought that was good. In general, one of the keys to be successful at StraighterLine is you've got to be self-motivated because if you're not, then you're not going to finish the course.

Original review: June 23, 2018

StraighterLine is a good place to enroll. The school I’m attending told me about it because I have to save for classes to get my BCA then. It has an easier enrollment process and I liked that I can do the course at my own pace.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I had a few contingency classes and as a working mother, doing the classes online was the best thing. I heard of StraighterLine and the feedback about them was good. After taking tests, I got a response the next day and the corrected papers had helpful notes on them. They have a staff named Nicky who was also very helpful. She answered all my questions and gave me hints and tips. She really took her time with me. It was challenging working at my own pace because I’m a type of person that, if not given a deadline, I can go forever. But just knowing that they were charging me $99 a month and that I needed to get it in at a certain time, it pushed me to log in and do a little bit of work every day which made me successful with the program.

I would tell people to go for StraighterLine. Students work at their own pace and could get help. There are also different resources online that could help them. When I ran into a roadblock, I'd Google everything and do an online research. Luckily, I was enrolled to a specific course, so I could use their library to look up books and resources. I really didn't have to do that too much because I was taking a Biology class. But some of the words that I didn't understand, I could go on YouTube and figure out what those words mean and get an example. I also tried to get a tutor but that didn't work out. I signed up for it and when I went to log in, the tutor never came online. So, the tutoring link needs to be improved and be more user-friendly.

StraighterLine Company Information