Call toll free
4.74/5

straighterline.com

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

StraighterLine is an online program that enables you to earn college credit and save thousands of dollars at the same time. Earning college credit through StraighterLine is simple; you choose your courses, complete them and transfer them to any of our 130+ accredited colleges in our network. Our membership of $99 a month will help you start saving up to 60% on your college degree. Contact us today to learn more about our program & speak to one of our counselors!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

465 StraighterLine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I needed some additional courses for the degree I was pursuing and StraighterLine was very helpful in finding the right tools for me to use and to aid me in completing the programs that I chose. Their customer service was excellent. Once you call them, they try to answer. If they don’t, they would call back if they were not sure. You don't have to purchase books which is attached to each program because they have the online book which is beneficial for me. However, once you’re in the program and you have to continue, you would discover the fee. Nevertheless, I would recommend StraighterLine to a friend.

Get expert buying tips about Online Course Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The University of Western States accepts credits for classes from StraightLine. I had to take up biology, anatomy and physiology and StraightLine's completely online option was really good. It was very easy to sign up, take classes, and navigate through the system. I was, however, a little irritated once I finished a class. I couldn't immediately take the test without having to pay extra for that and a proctor. It was annoying that I had to wait a week to take the test, to pay more to take the test early. Also, the self-paced classes were a little tougher for me. I generally do better when there are deadlines and a structure to get it done, and I didn't have those. Nevertheless, some people really can do well without having that structure. Overall, it was a great place to get some prerequisites done.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I was interested in limiting how many classes I have to take during my senior year. It's pretty pricey at the university I go to if I want to do anything over the summer. My younger sister took courses for the same college we went to and she told me how StraighterLine worked. Also, StraighterLine is accredited with my school for the course that I took, so by taking Philosophy with them, I was able to have an easier time last semester. I was able to do it for 5% of the cost. However, for college students that are looking or weighing their options, promotions for a buy-one-class, get-one-free or a discounted membership for the first month would be attractive for them as it always comes down to price.

I'm taking two classes that are still offered at StraighterLine. I took a little longer than I anticipated but I was able to work at my own pace. The structure of the class is more concentrated on the six tests that were for the class that I took versus having homework every week and doing stuff that was not pertinent to what I actually needed to accomplish in learning. It was a class itself and not so much busy work. I had a bit of an issue understanding the transcript process and I got confused into getting into the final that is proctored, but when I called them a couple of times, their staff member was able to guide me through it. My wife who does academic advising and admissions lets people know about StraighterLine as an option.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

StraighterLine is a really good website. It works with my schedule and my time with them is spent very well. I got into Microbiology and compared to other schools, I could ask as many questions to the professor if I didn't know what I was doing. Some professors in other colleges just go ahead and keep talking and don't specify things to students. I can also research if I don't know what I'm doing and they give me a little example on how to go about my experiment.

Although we don't a face-to-face instructor on StraighterLine, there's a link where I can ask my questions and other students who have taken the course can answer me. When I needed soil for my experiment and I didn't know which one to get, I asked my question and other students came in and specified what it is I needed. The professor can also write me what I need which I think is cool. I can also work at my own pace and time and I don't have to study for a Microbiology test at a college ASAP. Even though there is a membership fee, I still have that time to study for my test and study more if I need to. It's also cheap and affordable.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I was attending the University of Louisiana Monroe in Northeast Louisiana. There were a few classes I needed and the only way to take them was through StraighterLine. I took two foreign languages- Spanish 1 and Spanish 2. I tried to do it at ULM, on campus, but I made a D and failed. I work full-time so I can't go in a classroom anymore. StraighterLine worked with my schedule. It was a lot less stressful than taking the regular class online or on campus. It was also way cheaper and I didn't have to pay out-of-pocket. However, all they have is Spanish 1 and 2, but maybe one day, they can gain more classes, like French.

All the people at StraighterLine that answer the phones are very nice and helpful. I'm fixing to graduate this December and those two classes that I took were the last that I needed. I probably wouldn’t be able to graduate if it wasn’t for StraighterLine. To succeed one has to study at least an hour a day. Read everything and don't rush and take your time there. I'd recommend StraighterLine to other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StraighterLine?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

StraighterLine was referred to me by Ashford University, so I could finish my degree. The admissions team knew exactly how to answer my question. It was fast and easy. The emails that I got from time to time containing motivation or inspiration from previous students to keep going helped me. Things like that helped me throughout the quick time because they're self-paced. It helps to have something in the back of your head from people that have already done it. Some of the questions back on the test didn't really coincide with some of the tests. But other than that, it's a great program. I graduated last month and I've told a couple of people about StraighterLine.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I like StraighterLine. It’s convenient. One of my success advisors at Strayer University told me about it. I'm taking up business administration with a minor in project management, and the classes are expensive at Strayer by itself, so they recommended StraighterLine. The price and the easy paced classes appealed to me. Having all the resources available to complete the work helped me, and I like how StraighterLine just put it all in one spot. The schedule of classes are pretty flexible and it's easy to schedule. I didn't like the proctoring type because you have to schedule it and you gotta get the webcam right. But that’s the standard, so it's okay. If you don't have the financial aids to complete it all at Strayer, then you should try to go to StraighterLine. It's quick, accessible, and affordable.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I'm currently enrolled in school at my program, and I just needed to take a few Gen Ed classes. My school director referred me to StraighterLine. The timing they have there was great for me. I loved that I was able to do the program on my own time and at my own pace. I also like the fact that the program came with a book and I didn't have to purchase it. The price was very good, and the study guide was very helpful. It helped me to pass my classes, which was good.

The staff was amazing. Every time I would call and I have a question, everybody would be willing to help, and they were very helpful. All my questions would be answered, and they were able to do everything I needed. The fact that I was able to rely on the help they had on there helped me to become a successful student. Whenever I would have a question, or sometimes I don't understand something, I was always able to speak with someone online and they would help me very quickly. They made it very easy for me, which was stress-free and gave me the options to just go ahead and pass my classes very easily with my tests and quizzes.

I wish that StraighterLine had more classes because I needed about two more classes that I couldn't take there due to the fact that they did not offer it. If they could consider at least maybe add classes on there, then it would be easier for us to just take it in just one place instead of having to go through other sites and take classes. Other than that, I was very satisfied with StraighterLine and I have recommended them.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I like StraighterLine's ease of use and the available uptime in terms of the website. It was a great experience. I was able to get everything that I needed to get done really quickly. It really worked pretty flawlessly for me. I would highly recommend StraighterLine.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I needed to have 24 Math, Science and Chemistry credits for a scholarship and they didn’t care where it came from. It just needed to be an accredited university. Some people have taken StraighterLine, and they enjoyed it, so I went along with that. It was very easy to sign up for classes and it was so convenient. However, for the chemistry lab, the program that they use for evaluating the pictures can be wonky sometimes. So, if they would explain a little bit of some of the errors that people had for troubleshooting with that program, that would be nice, because I had some issues with that. Still, it was a good place to go. It was all online and you can pace yourself. If you wanna finish it in a month, don’t wait until three weeks or one week left. You have to try and do a little bit every day.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I had a really busy schedule and studying through StraighterLine was easy for me to fit into my summer schedule. It was all online and I didn't have to attend lectures. It was all straightforward material and what I needed was right there and even though I was assigned an instructor, I never went to them asking for help. But there are certain things I would've remembered if I heard it from another individual but I have been taking courses since I've been in school and it has all been on me to prepare for the exam. Also, the courses are done so much faster and even though it's self-paced, I take it all as fast as I could.

I would recommend going to an actual lecture course if one cared more about education and that person went to school strictly for an education and not a diploma. But if one is like every other student who wants the diploma and gets into the field to work, StraighterLine is the way to go. It's more inexpensive and an easier approach.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

My other classmates at college said that StraighterLine was good and not too expensive. I took up a college algebra class and the video quality was old. It’s monotonous, the teacher was old, and they use old projectors in the videos too. StraighterLine needs to revamp it a little. Other than that, I like that I could go at my own pace and take my time with it. I could go over the material again and retake my first quiz to get a feel for how the quizzes are.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Going with StraighterLine is a great way for people who haven't started school or to get back into it if they're looking to further their education again. I'm an athlete and if I'm short on hours, I usually take the courses to try to get the hours to be eligible for the semester or for the following semester or the following season. I liked StraighterLine's price which was really cheap and affordable. Plus, you didn't have a time limit to do your work in it. So, I enrolled with them and at the time, I kinda knew what classes I needed to take. They were a bunch of my basics that I haven't done yet, so I took them to get them out of the way, then I started on my major classes for school. Everything was pretty self-explanatory at StraighterLine. I just went in, did what I was supposed to, and got done. I finished the course within a month and it was really fast and easy. I was working on it every day to get it done and out of the way.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Phoenix said they were partnering with StraighterLine, so that was convenient. I could also transfer credits over quickly. Plus it was cheaper and it's self-paced. I was referred to their website but I did the rest on my own. I've only done one thing so far but it was successful because of the self-pacing piece.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I am so upset that I wasted my time and money with this. The accreditation is fake, the customer service was terrible and rude, the academics themselves were simply just bad and I'm beyond disappointed. Again it's a SCAM. Don't do it!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I enrolled at StraighterLine as I needed pre-requisites for WTU and the process was very easy. The quality of education there is acceptable and great, but a student must have perseverance as it takes time and effort. Overall, StraighterLine is a good way to get started if you want college credits.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

My field of study is nursing and before I start studying at the university, I wanted to get some easy credits out of the way. I did that with StraighterLine since I liked the fact that I could do the whole thing in my own time. But the only thing that I found difficult was the proctor exam. I had to get on a desktop, then they wanted to see the area around my desk, and I even had to go and get a mirror. That was a lot. But other than that, everything else was easy. I would definitely recommend StraighterLine to people who need to get some of their courses out of the way or to those who don't have the time to do these at their school.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

My experience with StraighterLine has been okay. A friend told me about them and I decided to enroll with them to save money. Obviously, the money factor was appealing to me as a prospective student. The enrollment process wasn't difficult at all. Studying there is a self-help process, so you have to do your due diligence and be disciplined about what you're trying to achieve. If you wanna do something in an efficient manner on your time, then that's the route you should take. StraighterLine is definitely an alternative process for someone that has a busy schedule.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Furthering my education through StraighterLine was something that I could do on my own time and that was wonderful. The enrollment process was easy. I took Algebra which was the only course that I needed. I took this course with one of the professors and he was really good and very helpful. He got back with my questions within a day or so. His syllabus was very helpful. In addition, the way he set up his classroom and the other tutorials and materials he posted were very helpful in explaining whatever I wasn't understanding.

When I was trying to transfer my transcript and payment, though, I told the lady rep that I started StraighterLine on the 10th of the month so I didn't wanna pay an extra monthly fee. But I ended up paying that, even though I took my test on the 8th. But when I made the exam date, that wasn't even registered at that time. I already knew my test results. I had passed so I just needed to transfer. I tried to call in, but that day I couldn't get through to dis-enroll. So, the end process was not so great for me, although the class itself was great. The payment and transcript parts were a little more difficult than the rest of the experience. But other than that, I had a good experience with StraighterLine and I was satisfied with the course that I took there.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I wanted to get a couple of courses under my belt prior to starting WGU. StraighterLine's enrollment process was fine. You have to be an independent learner at StraighterLine. Nobody's gonna sit there and hold your hands and really teach anything. I was happy with StraighterLine.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

StraighterLine is a great program. Everything is easy to do and the work is not bad. Also, you save a lot of money going there versus going through a regular school, paying $1,700 per class when you can pay like $200, $300, $400 out of pocket. That is gonna help in the long run. The only thing I did not like was the testing. They ask so many things like having to be in the room alone. But other than that, it was pretty good.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have been required to do the General Education classes and taking it traditionally would take about four months or a full semester. A consultant from my university recommended StraighterLine to me and I like the convenience of timing and location. It's also very affordable and they are quick in responding to their students. I was amazed too at how quickly the transcript was sent to my university. I recommend StraighterLine to everyone.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Learning about StraighterLine through Western Governor University, I found it appealing knowing that students may work at their own pace and timeframe, and then complete any course. The application was user-friendly as well as the program, as a whole, and StraighterLine was responsive when I needed assistance. The online experience was also easy to manage and being a working parent it was easy to jump on and work at my own pace to complete the course.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I needed to take three math courses that my college was not offering and they gave me StraighterLine as an option. Their courses were right along with the courses I needed and I was able to match with the numbers. Then, once I got the approval from my school and since I had the right classes, I went ahead. Each class was a bit different but I especially enjoyed the calculus because it had videos to each lesson. It was really good and it sank well on me. I also took statistics and I had to use what I already knew to get it together.

Some of it went well and some were not quite on the mark but overall, I would do the same process if I had to do it again. The only thing though that did not match up was the proctor and the test. When I first took the test for calculus, the proctor did not let me use my notes but on the website, it says that I could use one page of notes. Nevertheless, I was able to finish three math college courses in the summer. I was really impressed by StraighterLine and I would tell a friend to go that route. I was also able to save money and time and to go at my own pace.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I needed an elective course and StraighterLine was quick, inexpensive and an easy way to get credits. I picked something that seemed interesting to me and read through the modules. It was easy to be on my own. I heard about StraighterLine from my advisor and I am very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I'm currently attending class at Phoenix and I have two more years to go. I wanted to take some other classes to help me take away some of the time that it's gonna take me to get my degree, and StraighterLine was recommended as a good choice. I looked at the classes that I'm required to take and then I went to StraighterLine to see what classes they offered, and they pretty much created my schedule. I reached out to the staff the first time I signed up for the class, but after that, it was pretty straightforward to do on my own. Also, the book I used was an extremely helpful study material. I would definitely recommend them and if I need to get more classes in, I would definitely reach back out to them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I was trying to do some pre-reqs to get my RN. I looked into StraighterLine and I liked their price and the self-pace. I did all the test-out options, and I had a very nice experience. I would encourage the use of the organization.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I was trying to transfer to a college and I needed a few placement levels to get the grades I needed to actually get accepted. The advisor over there told me about StraighterLine because they do business with the college. I could go into the college and take my placement test or I could take the four-week class and get a college credit for it and a placement test. It was like hitting two birds with one stone. I took the English Comp and Algebra class, and I got college credits for it. It was all done online and it was self-study. I didn't ask for any tutor. It's self-paced but if you wanna get done in a reasonable time, you got to be consistent in putting in your time. I would definitely recommend Straighterline.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I was going to attend the Florida School of Traditional Midwifery but there was one course that I needed that I hadn't taken before I could get into the school, so they referred me to StraighterLine. I like that it was online. I also like the layout of the course and that you can choose how long you are in a class for. If someone needs more time, they're able to and if you can work quickly, you're able to do that as well. Overall, I enjoyed my experience. StraighterLine is a lot more affordable and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

When I needed to take some more courses to finish my degree, I've heard about StraighterLine through other students and I liked the price. I did all the courses online and I liked that I can do it at my own pace. I would recommend StraighterLine. It’s a good way to get cheap college credits.

StraighterLine Company Information