About Khan Academy
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,149,555 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
The platform is very user friendly. There are lessons for parents as well as the students. The lessons are well structured with a very systematic progression of skills. The teachers provide a clear breakdown of skills. You can try a problem several times giving you confidence to continue. There are lessons on a number of different subjects.
Courses are well-designed, and most if not all instructors seem genuinely engaged and concerned with the outcome of the learning process. Courses are organized thoughtfully, with content presented in a logical manner. I've "taken" a variety of courses through Khan Academy, ranging from the hard sciences to business development. And when I was in college, I used the site to help re-explain some math concepts. Overall a very valuable website that I actively recommend to others (and it was actually my dad who initially recommended it to me!).
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Khan Academy is an easy platform to navigate. My nephew was having difficulty in mathematics, specifically algebra and geometry, and I wanted to help him. I am in my 60's so my math skills is out of date despite my amazing knowledge of algebra. Well to my knowledge I was confusing him more as I changed the way in which is subject is taught in school. I turned to khan for some help and I was amazed as how well the information was dissected. The lessons were organized by the students level and the tutorials and videos made it super easy to follow. I do believe without this academy, I would have failed my nephew who has struggled academically all of his life.
Khan Academy is the best online tutorial platform on the web for math tutorials. I have used several with students and on my own to review or learn new skills. The instructor does a fine job of explaining the skill using a virtual whiteboard and other images. The quizzes are helpful too, and the site keeps track of student progress within a course. Students can enter and exit a course pretty much at any time. The cost is zero or minimal.
I had my second grader complete second grade Math and Grammar. The Grammar was very rigorous for an 8 year old. Use of colons, semi colons, parallel use of verbs, and a lot of content that was helpful for me getting my graduate degree but way above a second grade level. The Math was great. Spot on.
Academy instructional videos are a great supplement for students learning new information and are a valuable tool for homework help to clarify new instruction. I highly recommend the Khan Academy for all students K-12 and adults that need a refresher course. Math instruction supplied by this online program is an excellent resource bar none.
I have had very good results from courses that I have taken through Khan Academy. My granddaughter is too and is using Khan Academy to learn her alphabet and colors. The program for a child her age is wonderful.
Ever since around the time of the ‘pandemic crisis’, I have been homeschooling my children. Khan Academy is my favorite and most used online learning tool we use together. My boys absolutely LOVE the Math. I just wish it had Reading included.
Khan Academy is the best free courses you’ll ever find, they explain everything for you whether it’s Math or Chemistry or any other subject you don’t understand. Overall everything in khan Academy is amazing, but I would really appreciate it if they added a certificate of completion.
Very clear and helpful. The presentation contains lots of details and examples and show all the steps to avoid any confusions. Color coded presentation to help making things easier to comprehend. Thank you Khan.
Khan Academy author review by ConsumerAffairs
This nonprofit organization is dedicated to bringing free education to everyone. They work with a variety of partners to create clear and engaging curricula that help keep students on track until they demonstrate subject mastery.
Course variety: Courses cover a huge array of subjects ranging from economics to art.
Unbeatable price: Free is a hard price point to beat.
Easy sign up: Integrated login using Google+ or Facebook makes it quick and intuitive to get started.
Progress tracking: You have instant access to your progress and where you need to review materials.
Gamify the learning process: Earn badges for completing coursework and show off your knowledge.
Khan Academy questions and answers
- What problem is Khan Academy trying to solve?
- Khan Academy has a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Khan Academy?
- Our platform contains practice exercises, instructional videos, dashboard analytics and teacher tools which empower learners in and outside of the classroom to study at their own pace. Our learning experience adapts to each individual, helps them to see their progress and goals, creates personalized recommendations about what to learn next and motivates them to master the skills they seek. Khan Academy covers subjects from basic Math to Physics, Biology, Economics, Art History, Computer Science, Health and Medicine and more. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences and MIT to offer specialized content.
- What sets Khan Academy apart from the competition?
- We are Khan Academy, a non-profit providing free online materials and resources to support personalized education for learners of all ages. Like a personal trainer, Khan Academy serves to inspire, instruct and guide our users’ learning. We do this through a learning experience that adapts to each individual, helps them see their progress and goals, creates personalized recommendations of things they should learn and motivates them to master the skills they need to move on.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about online education? About Khan Academy?
- People think that education has to be expensive: Khan Academy is a free resource.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Thanks to the internet, education has become so much more accessible to anyone with a phone, computer or tablet.
- How has Khan Academy grown or evolved?
- Khan Academy currently has around 60 full-time employees and is located in Mountain View, California. It was founded by Sal Khan back in 2006, when he first uploaded a video to help tutor his cousin.
Khan Academy Company Information
- Company Name:
- Khan Academy
- Year Founded:
- PO Box 1630
- Mountain View
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.