This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
The different courses were very helpful, especially when helping out on homework. There are many courses to choose from, and they are all very detailed for maximum learning. The Instructors are very qualified. I did not have a single Instructor that wasn't qualified enough to meet my (admittedly high) expectations. I would definitely recommend Khan Academy to those looking for an easy learning experience. The courses are easy to understand, and the objectives are explained in multiple different ways. Though I would have been satisfied with having it for free, I think the fee charged was very reasonable, given the helpfulness and overall value of the service.
I use Khan Academy to reinforce lessons I learned in the school. Its like having a helping hand at home with the option of stopping and starting a lesson as I would want. They make sure everything is clarified and transparent. They explain and have a visual explanation as well so that everyone is very much aware what is on the screen. At times, there may be times where one needs to rewind or watch a certain aspect over - I DON'T know if it's because we're so used to being taught by a teacher and not someone else through a screen, but for the most part you could say it's simple. It's absolutely without a doubt worth the sign up. It's such a useful tool in and out of classrooms and will benefit you in the long run evidentially so, the value is absolutely worth it.
There were the same courses you'd find in any high school; chemistry, biology, history, all that stuff. You could almost substitute it for going to high school period if you so wished. They seemed competent and knowledgeable in the subjects they were teaching. It was all extremely easy to follow, if at any point you were to get lost you could rewind the videos and watch it again. Once in a blue moon I'd find myself unable to comprehend whatever it was they were teaching but it happened so little it was almost negligible. Worth every penny, to put it simply. Traditional high school doesn't cost anything and neither does this, only you can do it from the comfort and luxury of your own home.
It gave me the key concepts I wasn't paying attention to in High School. Happy to have gone through the course, but it didn't inspire me to continue. Competent but no more. I had the impression he hadn't quite adapted the material to a beginner's audience. He assumed knowledge at times, and more repetition needs to be built into the presentation. The course material is easy to follow. I found myself taking a lot of time with equations. Stopping the course and spending a long time trying to understand each concept. Time consuming but satisfying. My Beginning Algebra course is really for someone who feels guilty about not retaining any of his high school contact with the subject. As such, the Kahn course satisfied me, but like I said it wasn't exactly super inspiring.
The selection was great. They had every course I could of dreamed. I was set on one of course but looking thru and seeing them all was like wow that cool. The instructors were like the smartest Ive worked with and it seemed as if they were one-on-one-ing me all the time so I was right there in touch with all. I am a fast learner so idk how easy it is for everyone but for me it was like the greatest. I was in and out with all I needed in no time to my new position. The price was great. I looked at a few before and just kept comng back to this over and over so I went with it and never looked back. The value is spot on.
- 1,381,574 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
The course selection at Khan academy doesn't offer as many online courses as some of the other online academies but still offer enough to maintain. Instructor qualifications for Khan academy are of the highest degree. Everything is laid out for you so there is no confusion over anything trivial. The ease of learning at Khan academy is exactly that, ease of learning. Everything is laid out and presented as is in black and white for all to see. I'd imagine the perceived value of Khan academy should be high as the academy holds itself to a high standard amongst online colleges. Where others fall short, Khan rises.
It is a great company with a lot of different types of service and it has plenty of courses to choose from so that you don't stop learning! It has strict policies and sometimes you won't qualify and that is completely normal. Some people look for certain learners to teach. It might seem boring for a bit, but when you realize you are actually learning and developing your mind further, you are happy with the results you are seeing. It is an expensive program to buy a membership for, but if you really like learning new things and don't mind the price, this is a program meant just for you.
Khan Academy has really helped me throughout my education. They have all subjects, that you may need help or tutoring in. They also have videos as well that demonstrate the lessons taught. When you master a skill, you get a badge! How fun is that. I definitely recommend this app to any struggling student! Also, in the app, when you are offline you can also keep learning! You won't regret Khan Academy! The instructor will teach you all you need to know! Trust me, it is a very helpful app that any student will need. You have to however qualify for help, or tutoring. It is very easy to learn these lessons. They give a fantastic variety of ways to learn, including videos, pictures, and also courses. I used more videos however. Its value is very good as well. Many people and students that I know have used Khan Academy and have loved it! It's good for anybody to use too.
The course that I took was the math. It helped me to review some of the basics that I had forgotten in high school. The interaction was very intuitive. The worthy instructor was very knowledgeable about what he was teaching. He was able to get me through some difficulties that I was experiencing previously and moved me forward. It was very easy to get on to the website and I had no problem logging in and out. The lessons were easy to find and they matched you up well. I cannot complain about the value of Khan Academy because it was free. I loved that I did not have to pay anything at all to use it and learned so much.
Khan Academy expert review by ConsumerAffairs
This nonprofit organization is dedicated to bringing free education to everyone. They work with a variety of partners to create clear and engaging curricula that help keep students on track until they demonstrate subject mastery.
Course variety: Courses cover a huge array of subjects ranging from economics to art.
Unbeatable price: Free is a hard price point to beat.
Easy sign up: Integrated login using Google+ or Facebook makes it quick and intuitive to get started.
Progress tracking: You have instant access to your progress and where you need to review materials.
Gamify the learning process: Earn badges for completing coursework and show off your knowledge.
Best for: New high school grads, stay-at-home moms and students on a budget.
Khan Academy questions and answers
- What problem is Khan Academy trying to solve?
- Khan Academy has a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Khan Academy?
- Our platform contains practice exercises, instructional videos, dashboard analytics and teacher tools which empower learners in and outside of the classroom to study at their own pace. Our learning experience adapts to each individual, helps them to see their progress and goals, creates personalized recommendations about what to learn next and motivates them to master the skills they seek. Khan Academy covers subjects from basic Math to Physics, Biology, Economics, Art History, Computer Science, Health and Medicine and more. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences and MIT to offer specialized content.
- What sets Khan Academy apart from the competition?
- We are Khan Academy, a non-profit providing free online materials and resources to support personalized education for learners of all ages. Like a personal trainer, Khan Academy serves to inspire, instruct and guide our users’ learning. We do this through a learning experience that adapts to each individual, helps them see their progress and goals, creates personalized recommendations of things they should learn and motivates them to master the skills they need to move on.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about online education? About Khan Academy?
- People think that education has to be expensive: Khan Academy is a free resource.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Thanks to the internet, education has become so much more accessible to anyone with a phone, computer or tablet.
- How has Khan Academy grown or evolved?
- Khan Academy currently has around 60 full-time employees and is located in Mountain View, California. It was founded by Sal Khan back in 2006, when he first uploaded a video to help tutor his cousin.
Khan Academy Company Information
- Company Name:
- Khan Academy
- Year Founded:
- PO Box 1630
- Mountain View
- Postal Code:
- United States