4.5/5 (46 ratings)

About DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Visit our website to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.

DeVry University Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I chose DeVry University because it is a name that makes me feel safe and because of their stellar reputation. What I got was a whole lot more! I was experiencing homelessness when I enrolled at DeVry, determined to change my living situation because I knew that I would not get a different result if I stayed the same. While I was enrolling the courteous staff walked me through everything I needed to do to get enrolled. But they didn't stop there. While I was maybe a couple weeks into my first classes my car was stolen and everything I owned was inside of it. I was left with nothing except the clothes on my back and my service animal. No IDs no clothes, hygiene, blankets I had nothing since I had been living in my car.

I contacted my admissions counselor and she immediately gave me resources to help me through this difficult time and even my professors worked with me in allowing a couple late assignments. They take the time to let you know personally that you are doing a good job and they offer one on one tutoring to help you if you are having some struggles. This is an awesome school!

DeVry University response

Thank you for letting us be a part of your journey.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I’m a nurse of more than 25 years and had been looking to supplement my career with some certifications. I’d been doing some researches online for quite some time for colleges with great reviews and what I was looking for. Nothing seemed to be working out. Eventually, I came across a few reviews on DeVry University. I dug in a little bit more and when I knew it I was receiving a call from them. I told them what my situation was, what I could afford, what I wanted, and the advisor and financial services department spent about 2 hours on the phone with me or so that day.

When I got off the phone, I was enrolled, my FAFSA had already been completed, and I was just awaiting the normal processing of everything to go through. When I say excellent choice, I mean it in every sense of the word. The professors are very attentive and the online classes are very interactive with weekly Webex classes. You also get to interact and respond to your peers posts weekly. Everyone posts a bio the first week so we get to know one another personally from all over the country as well as our professor. The professors have flexible office hours and some will even share their cell phone number for emergencies. DeVry has been an excellent choice. They even helped me find grants to cover financial aid. It’s definitely worth the try!!!

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I'm, 47 years old from Japan (19 years); a new US resident, starting over, with nothing invested yet for a future here, and cannot work strenuous physical labor anymore. I have a BSN-RN degree from '94 but was not my choice or dream. I've always wanted to be a Computer Specialist since I was 10. For a year, I compared schools, boot camps, curriculums, evaluated finances, and used these as my gauge to find the right school that would fit my needs and works with the demands of my life situation, and work. I am blessed to have found Devry University. The Advisers took away my fear regarding financing and guided me towards making it possible, doable. Best Decision I ever made! I love the curriculum-the ladder- the progressive pathway towards mastery and onto finding one's place in the field someday.

Education is expensive so we are guided to find out what we really want, what we are good at, and where we really want to see ourselves someday without waste of years and money. I am proud of the standard, the power pack of Professors/Educators/Advisers, the Support in terms of Community, personal life struggles, counseling, support among classmates, amazing learning resources all available, and how the career pathway is made easy to journey into. For someone like me who's still overcoming life challenges, God my ultimate source of hope and motivation brought Devry as another source of light at the end of the tunnel I am walking through. It's not just a small part but a huge portion of my life right now. With my due diligence, perseverance and discipline, I know Devry will be my partner for a great future for myself and family.

DeVry University response

Thank you for let us be part of you DeVry journey!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I come from a long history with DeVry. I first attended DeVry in 1987 through 1990, onsite in Phoenix Arizona. I graduated with a Bachelors in Electronic Engineering Technology (EET). The degree provided me with a 31-year job as a Field Engineer in Semiconductor manufacturing, an excellent career! I returned to DeVry six years ago completing a second Bachelors in Computer Information Systems (CIS), and I’m currently working on a Master's in Information Technology Management (Keller).

These last two degrees were online. DeVry’s online school is very flexible and perfect for the busy life. But... it requires self-motivation and a commitment to one’s own learning. DeVry wants you to succeed and they provide a lot of tools to help you succeed. But… if you like to skate and have poor study skills then online school might not be for you. I know students who graduated but didn't learn much. They did enough to pass but not enough to become sharp. These are the DeVry graduates who complain about not learning. DeVry teaches professionals and they treat you like one, they don't babysit.

We are a DeVry family, I have one daughter who received a Bachelors in Nursing and has done very well for herself; received a great nursing job before she graduated. I have another daughter who just received a Bachelors in CIS - Cyber Security and received a great Cyber Security job. I have a son who started a degree in EET, became a Marine, and is now switching over to CIS.

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your DeVry story, Todd.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

DeVry University has made it easy for me to get my degree. I work 48 + hours a week and the online classes provide me the ability to still get a degree. There are weekly deadlines that need to be met, but you are given all week to meet them. You are able to work on assignments on your schedule. They offer free tutoring and are with you every step of the way. They are a message or phone call away with a friendly voice on the other end no matter your question. There is no rushing. They take the time and focus on you.

This is the end of my second year and will probably keep going for my bachelor's. It took me over a year to find the right school for me. DeVry was my last call. Rob was very informative and interested in knowing what exactly I was intending to get out of higher education and helped me get started. I did nothing except sign when needed, or fill out what he couldn't. I could go on and on. I would recommend DeVry to anyone wanting to get a degree.

DeVry University response

Thank you for letting us be part of your academic journey!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I graduated from DeVry in 1985 with a B.S. in Computer Information Systems. I was a transfer student from a top state university. The class sizes were very small compared to the huge university classes I was used to. I liked the one-on-one attention that was available due to the smaller number of students. It was not online back then. We had all-day in-person classes. I already had all the liberal arts classes and wanted to finish up quickly and get the remaining computer courses I needed, so I chose to go to DeVry to finish up. I had 2 job offers within a month of graduation. I just retired from one of the top software companies in the US after 35 years there making well into the six figures. I was pleased with the education I got at DeVry. I cannot speak for the university today, but back then, it was a good place for me to finish my education.

DeVry University response

Hi Pamela- Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We truly appreciate it!

Original review: July 25, 2022

I came to DeVry only because I was granted a scholarship and I had a military discount which was supposed to make my tuition free. I started the semester and was told to wait for my scholarship to clear in my account because it takes time. Fast forward to the end of the semester and I have a $1300 bill from them. I call them AGAIN and they tell me I was denied the scholarship because I am military affiliated. They never sent me a notice, never called me, never made any attempt to communicate with me. They swindled me out of my money. And, I found out later that the classes that I took are not even transferable credits. Don’t waste your time or money with them!!

DeVry University response

Hi Elisha- We're sorry to hear about your experience. We've just sent you a private message.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Melissa **. This lady is the reason I am where I am, due to her kindness and caring heart. I have never been taken care of like she has helped me out in my academic career. I was a confused Community College student 2 weeks ago, and now I can say I am one year away from Accomplishing my dreams. All due to Melissa **.

DeVry University response

We understand how important higher education is for our students and are happy our advisors and faculty could support you as you pursue your academic goals.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Hard workers, always check up on you and your classes. They are almost always free to call. The professors reply to emails in a day. They also helped a lot with my VA documents. I got my GI bill as soon as the first payment was due.

DeVry University response

Advancing your education is a powerful way to open new doors. We're happy we could help support you on your journey.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Melissa ** has been the best when it comes to me registering. She has helped me every step of the way and showed outstanding customer service skills. She is wonder to work with during my admissions process. Always respond to me when help is needed and is very helpful. Great Job Melissa!

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you for sharing.

DeVry University author review by Jessica Render

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Nationally Accredited Programs: DeVry is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The University's Keller School of Management is also included in this accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• Tuition Assistance and Financial Aid: DeVry's student support advisors are able to guide students through the range of financial aid and cost-saving options that they may qualify for, including scholarships, grants, federal financial aid and more.

• Flexible Learning Options: DeVry offers convenient eight-week sessions and full- and part-time schedule options. Students also have the option of both hybrid and online classes to suit their preferred learning style.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

DeVry University Company Information