DeVry University Reviews

About DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Visit our website to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.

DeVry University Reviews

Stars Rating

• 86%
  • 3%
  • 3%
  • 0%
  • 8%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed May 9, 2024

My experience at DeVry University has been overwhelmingly good. I am now in my junior year of my bachelor's program, and the staff has never left me in the dark about anything. I was a little nervous in the beginning since I already have a family and a full time job, which leaves me with a very full schedule as it is. The advisors contact me on a regular basis to answer any questions I might have and they also help me keep all my paperwork up to date.

The skills I have gained have already landed me the career change I was hoping for in the beginning. The courses are very in depth and full of practical labs and projects. All of my instructors (yes, all of them) have been incredibly helpful and open to give extra assistance anytime I've needed it. I couldn't have asked for a better experience, and I'm very excited to finish my program and see where the knowledge continues to take me. My only regret is that I waited so long in my life to start this journey. I can only imagine where I'd be now if I had made the decision sooner.

Pinned

Matt - thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear this! Keep up the great work.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

As a DeVry University student, I've really seen how much they focus on student success and getting us ready for our careers. The professors aren’t just smart; they truly care and give us the support and personal guidance we need. What stands out at DeVry is how they blend real-world skills with our lessons. This has made things click for me, especially in my cybersecurity and networking courses. It's engaging and really practical. DeVry also offers great support and resources that have helped me do well in my studies. Whether it’s online materials or helpful staff, they’ve got it all. The courses here are packed with the latest tech and innovations, prepping me for today’s job market. The skills I've gained are exactly what I need for my career, and I feel confident about moving into the working world. My time at DeVry has been amazing. It’s a place that truly prepares you for the future, combining innovative education with real career preparation.

Pinned

Ernesto - thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

DeVry University has a profound approach to furthering your development. They provide all the necessary resources for you to succeed in your academic journey. You have a vast support system with the faculty, student advisors, career services, and much more! DeVry wants to see you succeed and grow. They are always willing to help in any areas that you may have a barrier with, whether it's personally, professionally, or academically, they are there to support you. They take into account that life has many challenges, and DeVry is there for support. I highly recommend DeVry University, as they have helped me, and provided immense support in my academic journey. I know that I'll always have a support system that advocates for me and my future.

Pinned

Zachary, we are so glad to hear this. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Reviewed July 6, 2023

DeVry gave me so much help with every process from the gov. websites to all the applications I needed to fill out. Ms. ** is my rep and I love her too haha! The first 8 week class was amazing. I loved my teacher. She answered all of my dumb questions and understood I'm not great with computers but I did my best and hustled and I finished with a beautiful A in the class. Now my second class has started with a diff. professor, I didn't know they were going to change but that's fine! Adapt and overcome! But this 2nd class is more challenging and I love a good challenge. Ummm the only 'below average' review I have is the book/ordering system. My NEW class has started already but I didn't have access to order the new book till the day OF. That's kind of a bummer but everything else is amazing.

Pinned

Nada, thank you for sharing your experience!

Reviewed July 5, 2023

DeVry takes the time to get to know you as a person. The professors go above and beyond to make sure you are doing well. There are so many avenues for success at DeVry it makes it almost impossible to fail. As long as you want the best for yourself and explore all the perks of being a DeVry student you should do extremely well. I had such a wonderful experience as a student, I decided to pursue my masters at their graduate school, Keller. I am excited to start my journey because I know the professors will be there to help me learn as much as I can to secure a better future for myself. There are career advisors who will coach you until you find the career you want. There are so many tutors and one on one sessions with the professors to help you learn better. It truly is an amazing experience. I tell everyone to go to DeVry.

Pinned

Leanna, thank you for sharing your experience!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffEase of Use

Reviewed May 11, 2024

Always been very communicative and kind. Always showed understanding and instructors are well educated and teach classes well. I take online classes and love it. They always respond quickly and help to make sure you understand. Online classes set up perfect and easy to navigate. I graduate in October, currently going for Medical Billing & Coding.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I would like to tell everyone that I have had an amazing journey with DeVry University. They have helped me with which classes I need to overall just sending me messages on how well I am doing and if I have any questions or concerns, they are prompted in a fast response rate to help me. I am absolutely satisfied with the everything that they assisted with and the encouragement they give is awesome, just to know that you're doing good is nice for someone to acknowledge that.

Pinned

Cindy - thank you for sharing your experience!

Reviewed May 10, 2024

The staff's utter incompetence and disregard for students' needs create an environment rife with obstacles and frustration. Instead of providing guidance and assistance, they seem intent on setting students up for failure, leaving them feeling unsupported and abandoned in their educational journey. This pervasive negligence not only hinders academic progress but also damages students' confidence and morale, resulting in an overall negative experience.

Pinned

Hi Joshua - We have sent you a private message as we'd like to put you in contact with a representative to learn more about your experience.

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Learning is immersive with DeVry University. My favorite part is how serious and dedicated they are for their student's higher education goals and futures. Looking forward to the next three years with them.

Pinned

We are so happy to hear this. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Great college! Great experience! Great support! I'm in my fifties, going back to school after 30 years. I picked the right place, the best place. Whether online or in person, freshman or returning adults, this is definitely the best choice.

Pinned

Areline - thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear this.

DeVry University author review by Jessica Render

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Nationally Accredited Programs: DeVry is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The University's Keller School of Management is also included in this accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• Tuition Assistance and Financial Aid: DeVry's student support advisors are able to guide students through the range of financial aid and cost-saving options that they may qualify for, including scholarships, grants, federal financial aid and more.

• Flexible Learning Options: DeVry offers convenient eight-week sessions and full- and part-time schedule options. Students also have the option of both hybrid and online classes to suit their preferred learning style.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

DeVry University Company Information