2. Education
  3. Online Colleges

4.9/5 (31 ratings)

About DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Visit our website to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.

DeVry University Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: May 20, 2021

My Reason and Motivation for attending "DeVry University" in "2021." I am currently enrolled at DeVry University and it has been a great deal of motivating myself and others about shooting for the stars. I am so glad that I have come this far, during the Covid-19 pandemic and staying inspired to help others, in all the ways that I can. I have a voice that is unbelievable when it comes to the truth and the world. I am stating that right now is the perfect time to motivate yourself to push forward in getting the right skillsets, in order to survive a nation that is on your side!

It is also great that during these times of change, that you are able to have the privacy of completing your educational program online, in the comfort of your own home! It is just the way we will have to live in the future! I am glad to be to share my experience and story of "motivating yourself to make a better life, making the right choices during all times, especially these new ones! So, if you want to make your current future a lot brighter and better living conditions in the near future, all you have to is try, and you'll see the difference in yourself! Embrace Yourself with new knowledge and courage! Congratulations if you have read this comment and review! Why don't you get started today, right away, and save your life!

Original review: May 8, 2021

As an older student trying to learn a new profession, going back to college is difficult. But it is even more difficult when the college staff, including the instructors, doesn't seem to care whether you succeed or not. In the past 8 years I have attended 4 different colleges, 2 on campus and 2 online, and DeVry University is the first one that actually cares about my success! My student advisor is frequently calling to see how classes are going, ask if there is anything that I need help with, and give me encouragement.

Whenever I call with a question, I'm answered by a friendly voice ready to answer, or find out the answer to help me. And the instructors are available to help with any problems regarding the schoolwork, and truly want their students to understand the lessons. I've never seen so many opportunities to join with and discuss different classes with your peers, and student that have already taken them, and are willing to help the others. The library, with so many peer-reviewed articles and journals, helps tremendously with my classes and is a wonderful source of information. And when I complete my studies, there is even HireDeVry to help get me placed in job focused on my area on studies.

I am very impressed with all that DeVry has to offer, all the help to help you complete your education, and the assistance to find that career job! There are even services to help one with their daily issues. What more could one ask from a university than to be behind their students 100% in getting that life-changing education? DeVry University is there for you through the whole journey.

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2021

DeVry University has been a fantastic experience. I was very uncertain of my ability to well in school after being out of school for so long. DeVry University has been instrumental in helping me find confidence while pursuing a highly technical program. There is a remarkable culture of customer/student services which is top notch. I had a professor who went far and beyond the classroom teaching, and helped to ace a math course. This is significant to me because I always failed at Math. This was an exceptional morale booster and a testimony to the quality matriculation experience that exist at DeVry University.

DeVry University response

We're glad we could support you on your journey!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had been wanting to go back to school for a while. But, I was afraid. I'm older, I've been out of school for over 10 years, money, and time. But, providing a better future for my little one and myself was something that I was determined to do. So, I started looking online and putting myself out there for schools to contact me. It was awful! Every school that called sounded so robotic, instantly going into money, never taking a breath from their script, there was no concern about me or my future. I was ready to quit answering my phone. I am very happy that I didn't give up, DeVry University called and it was exactly what I needed. A person on the other line that actually paid attention to what I had actually enter into the computer. Someone who cared about my future, my daughter's future, and my future career. I felt like I was talking to a friend, someone I could trust.

I am now enrolled at DeVry University and entering my second session. It was tough at first, trying to get a schedule down and figure out work, family, kids after school activities, school! But, DeVry offers so many tools to help with any situation! I have the best school advisor, the professors are amazing, understanding, FREE tutoring for you, that works around your schedule. Financial aid, loans, grants, I can, and want to go on. But, all I can say and highly suggest is, if you are looking to go back to school DeVry University is the best way to go. I am very thankful for DeVry University.

DeVry University response

Taking that first step is always a challenge. We're pleased that our advisors were able to make it a little easier!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have been attending DeVry for a little while now and when I first started I was enrolled in the Business Management program. I did pretty good the first few months but after that I started to slip a little and this was noticed especially by my student advisor Jennifer **. When she realized that I was slipping and that it would be a possibility that I would fail school she met with me and asked me very politely if there was anything that I was anything that I was interested in. Well, all my life I had spent it taking care of my family so I decided to enroll in the Medical Billing Coding Program and so far I am doing great.

Jennifer has encouraged me to strive for the goals that I seek for myself and my boyfriend has been a big supporter to as I am being a big supporter to him to and the biggest supporter I have right now would be my son who I raised all by myself. Right now, while attending school I am caring for my mom and being supportive to my son who is also in college and yes I am one proud mother.

Those thinking about attending school DeVry has some great programs and wonderful student advisors that get you on the right path to a rewarding career. They also have wonderful professors that actual will take the time to sit down and actually explain the things to you and they use language you can understand. As a student of DeVry university I highly recommend this school not because of the programs but because the way you are treated from the very second you walk in the door. For the future students of DeVry University I wish you the best of luck in all of your adventures and remember keep reaching for the stars and reaching for the goals that may seem impossible but there is always that someone that believes in you out there. Deborah **

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your experience Deborah!

Original review: May 9, 2021

I am currently enrolled at DeVry University and so far it's been a wonderful experience. I've learned quite a bit and the faculty and staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They go over and above to make sure you're getting the most benefit from your college experience, from the financial aspect to the classroom, they help with everything. The professors reach out to the students individually to make sure they're understanding the material and to see if they need any help. They have a wide selection of programs in which you can study and earn different levels of degrees. DeVry also offers several other resources to help if and when you need it such as Tutor.com and ASPIRE, which is an organization that helps with personal issues. Bottomline is DeVry is a wonderful school with topnotch faculty and staff, that offers many different programs and help options should the need arise.

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you for sharing your DeVry Journey.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I am a full time working mom, who decided to take my chances and go back to school full time as well. I am completing my classes at night or any minute I can fit in during the day. The professors have been encouraging and well as the other students, during online interaction. They work with you in every way possible, cause their goal is for you to succeed. I would be lying if I said this has been easy. You have to be willing to put in the work. It won't come without effort. But it is absolutely worth the short time, for the outcome. I have loved this school and highly recommend it..

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your DeVry Journey!

Original review: May 4, 2021

I have been very hesitant about going back to finish my degree. I finally decided to take the leap and go for it, why not in the middle of a global pandemic. DeVry student support services has been amazing from day one. Very helpful, knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate.

DeVry University response

Taking that first step is always a challenge. We're glad we could support you on your academic journey.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I recently retired from the military and wanted to resume my studies. I chose DeVry because of its tremendous degree options offered. I have not been disappointed. The Professors are available and eager to help each student succeed. The training platforms utilized are easy to follow and understand. The ability to work at your own pace while remaining organized and on track is awesome. This was a great choice of schools and I couldn’t be happier.

DeVry University response

Thank you for letting us be part of your journey Jennifer!

Original review: May 4, 2021

Being a student at DeVry was the best decision I have made. The teachers and student advisor are very helpful. They helped me make the best career decision. I have no regrets and if I have to choose a school all over again DeVry will be my choice. However, I love my online classes.... Xoxo!!!!

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you for letting us support you on your DeVry journey.

DeVry University author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Nationally Accredited Programs: DeVry is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The University's Keller School of Management is also included in this accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• Tuition Assistance and Financial Aid: DeVry's student support advisors are able to guide students through the range of financial aid and cost-saving options that they may qualify for, including scholarships, grants, federal financial aid and more.

• Flexible Learning Options: DeVry offers convenient eight-week sessions and full- and part-time schedule options. Students also have the option of both hybrid and online classes to suit their preferred learning style.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team