4.19/5

DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Read DeVry University Accounting reviews to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

384 DeVry University Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Admissions personnel have been very helpful right from the start. Student services and career services also very helpful, maintain good line of communication. Professors are very competent, interactive and offer very good guidance to students. Most of the professors listen to our concerns and administrators that I have dealt with throughout offered good advice. Have had good rapport with administrative member Mr. Greg ** who offered invaluable help when I needed it during some very difficult experiences. Student advisors for the most part courteous and helpful as well.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

This was the best class. Professor ** is so smart, insightful, inspiring and encouraging. I hope I can an take more courses taught by her. This class was a great experience, I struggled some weeks in writing my papers because it really makes you take a look inside of yourself. Talk about motivational. I am glad I switched to a degree program when I did and got to take this course at such a pivotal time of my life.

Get expert buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have been with DeVry for several months and am due to complete my first certificate program with them. The student services staff are always kind and encouraging. Usually, it is easy to hash out your financial plans and the way your courses will go, but sometimes if you get an adviser who is not very proactive it can be a struggle. The format of classes, online at least, has been good to me. The majority of my professors have provided textbooks or adequate information to gain an understanding of the course.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I started school at the wrong time but it never stopped me from giving it my all. I have been a honor student since starting school and I got nominated to receive the National Honor Society award. My Professors push me especially in those moments when it's most needed. I love all my Professors at Devry. I believe it's not only about teaching but they really care about their students. Going back to school was the best decision I ever made but going to DeVry made it a life-changing experience. I am more proud of myself than ever before.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I originally received my associate's degree in 2001. I didn’t care for school, got a job, and said, “Eh what’s the point.” Well 15 years later I can’t seem to progress farther and my degree seems to be problem. So I decided to go back to school. Because of credits and it was cheaper to just go back to DeVry I decided to go back online there. It has been ok overall. You get what you put in. If you are going to float thru well then you could pass but you won’t learn much. If you actually do the work you will learn things that can help you.

Going back to school later in life was an adjustment. Someone at my age came back to learn and do the work where some younger people are just going through the motions and don’t really care (this is 1 of the reasons I think they should do away with group projects online). The teachers overall were ok. I had a couple teachers that were fantastic and I looked forward to their class to learn more and then I had teachers who seemed to be just cashing a check and didn’t care. Overall it hasn’t been a great experience or an awful one. It’s been an alright one and I hope getting my degree pays off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This review goes specifically towards my business class I recently took at DeVry. It was great and overall this is my second class and I can feel that the professors here at DeVry really do a great job in keeping students engaged to the class with asking new questions within the discussion thread and the assignments really help in learning all the new material in a very well structured way.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Curriculum for Master's program is outdated; we are still learning about 3G when the standard outside is going to be 5G. A lot of my coursework were repeated from my undergraduate studies so I submitted the same paper I created years ago. The professors for the online MBA suck, they don't help out and don't even lecture. They give a lot of work not thinking you have a life or another subject to deal with. On site MBA is better 'coz they give less work than online. I wouldn't go here if it weren't for a quick MBA degree (but expensive).

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My experiences at DeVry University have been centered around a lot of discussions and reading. I find the teaching methods of Professor ** in my business class semester to be very helpful. Last semester, although English is my strongest subject, a lot more revision and learning was encouraged.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

DeVry University (online) is a complete joke and will bleed you dry through your borrowing for education loans. I have been enrolled in 2 completely different programs (non-medical) and both are total rip-offs and a waste of time, effort, and soon to be MONEY! The instructors do not instruct. There is absolutely no teaching, no lectures, no tutorials. In fact, we are told to GOOGLE tutorials and share with the class! I can google for free, people!

What makes it all even worse is the fact that many of the instructors are too busy to reply to major concerns sent via email or through their awful Canvas platform. Concerns about grading are not addressed until you are mid-session. I have had to withdraw from 3 courses due to absentee instructors. And when I report these, the faculty manager just sends them emails saying "this student is having some issues with the course, could you reach out?" I am AMAZED that DeVry has not had more lawsuits or been shut down like ITT Tech. I imagine once I am either finished with my degree there or am lucky enough to find somewhere else to finish, I will be joining a class-action lawsuit or pursuing my own form of retribution for the almost $60,000 sub-par education.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Great certification program with Keller Graduate School. I love Keller! I have so much fun learning in the comfort of my home and being able to apply what I learned to my work environment. Although, I am not a manager, giving innovative ideas helps improve my department and overall culture and way things are done. I would have not chose anywhere else.

DeVry University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Regionally Accredited Programs: DeVry University has long held regional accreditation for their on-campus programs, and in 1998, they added online programs to their accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• High Value Scholarships: DeVry University offers $75 million in scholarship and grant funding based on need or merit.

• Blended Programs Available: Although they offer entirely online degrees, they also offer the option to take some classes online and others on campus.

• Financial Aid Assistance: Getting the most out of a financial aid package can be challenging, so DeVry University has a fully staffed financial aid office to help.

• Best for: New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs