2. Education
  3. Online Colleges

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.27/5

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Visit our website to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.

DeVry University Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

DeVry is the best. I have not seen a college more dedicated to their students. Admissions help me through every step of admissions, and financial aid without complaining. All I had to do was be on the phone a lot for a couple of days. Otherwise, I didn't do much. They did it all. They even set my schedule, for each session, for me. They have called every week to check up on me and see how things are going or if I have had any problems. I am in my second session and so far the professors are the BEST! They assist you in any difficulty you have with schoolwork. They do not judge and they listen when you talk. DeVry may cost a little more than other colleges but trust me, they are well worth it!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had been wanting to go back to school for a while. But, I was afraid. I'm older, I've been out of school for over 10 years, money, and time. But, providing a better future for my little one and myself was something that I was determined to do. So, I started looking online and putting myself out there for schools to contact me. It was awful! Every school that called sounded so robotic, instantly going into money, never taking a breath from their script, there was no concern about me or my future. I was ready to quit answering my phone. I am very happy that I didn't give up, DeVry University called and it was exactly what I needed. A person on the other line that actually paid attention to what I had actually enter into the computer. Someone who cared about my future, my daughter's future, and my future career. I felt like I was talking to a friend, someone I could trust.

I am now enrolled at DeVry University and entering my second session. It was tough at first, trying to get a schedule down and figure out work, family, kids after school activities, school! But, DeVry offers so many tools to help with any situation! I have the best school advisor, the professors are amazing, understanding, FREE tutoring for you, that works around your schedule. Financial aid, loans, grants, I can, and want to go on. But, all I can say and highly suggest is, if you are looking to go back to school DeVry University is the best way to go. I am very thankful for DeVry University.

DeVry University response

Taking that first step is always a challenge. We're pleased that our advisors were able to make it a little easier!

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have been attending DeVry for a little while now and when I first started I was enrolled in the Business Management program. I did pretty good the first few months but after that I started to slip a little and this was noticed especially by my student advisor Jennifer **. When she realized that I was slipping and that it would be a possibility that I would fail school she met with me and asked me very politely if there was anything that I was anything that I was interested in. Well, all my life I had spent it taking care of my family so I decided to enroll in the Medical Billing Coding Program and so far I am doing great.

Jennifer has encouraged me to strive for the goals that I seek for myself and my boyfriend has been a big supporter to as I am being a big supporter to him to and the biggest supporter I have right now would be my son who I raised all by myself. Right now, while attending school I am caring for my mom and being supportive to my son who is also in college and yes I am one proud mother.

Those thinking about attending school DeVry has some great programs and wonderful student advisors that get you on the right path to a rewarding career. They also have wonderful professors that actual will take the time to sit down and actually explain the things to you and they use language you can understand. As a student of DeVry university I highly recommend this school not because of the programs but because the way you are treated from the very second you walk in the door. For the future students of DeVry University I wish you the best of luck in all of your adventures and remember keep reaching for the stars and reaching for the goals that may seem impossible but there is always that someone that believes in you out there. Deborah **

Original review: July 15, 2020

I have been interested in medical billing and coding for quite a while now. I searched other schools and did not get the personalized experience I received from Devry. Maggie **, and Breann ** were absolutely wonderful, very professional and I knew I was in good hands from start to finish. The process of enrollment, financing, and registration of classes was seamless. I have been dealing with other schools more than a year. I accomplished more from Maggie and Breann at Devry in less than a week. I am super excited about my educational journey. Thank you once again Maggie **, and Breann ** in Colorado.

DeVry University response

Taking that first step is always a challenge. We're pleased that our faculty and advisors were able to make it a little easier!

Original review: June 10, 2020

My experience here at DeVry University has been enjoyable. I cannot say enough about the level of education I have received through my online courses. It's great to see that your teachers care. I would like to take time out to thank Professor Ellen ** and Professor Michael ** for doing a great job teaching BIS 155 course. Both Professor ** and ** are there for their students and genuinely care about their academic success. Also, informing the importance of making the most of your education while making learning new and challenging martial fun. I would highly recommend DeVry University to anyone who wants to earn a degree while managing a busy lifestyle.

DeVry University response

We understand how important online learning is and are happy to hear your instructors made your experience memorable.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

My experience at DeVry has been better than I expected. I am in my mid 30's work a full time job and have a family. The classes fit into my already busy schedule. The staff are excellent. I recommend!

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear Jennifer! Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

They Professors at DeVry are amazing. Everyone is so nice and respectful and understanding. I could not ask for better teachers than the ones I got. If you want to start off college or just go back to school choose DeVry!!

DeVry University response

We're glad our instructors could support you on your journey!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Devry has helped me through the registration process and has been there every step of the way. They have been attentive and answered all my questions. I feel like they explained everything thoroughly and I have a better understanding of the school and processes.

DeVry University response

We're glad we could help you get started on your journey Lisa!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

This school is a joke. I had so many issues while attending this school and even issues during graduation. First, the admissions person Nataska promised so many things which never happened. I had everything in mind that I wanted from a school and made sure before enrolling that it met everything I wanted. Of course, they will tell you what you want to hear in order to get your money. Too bad I didn't realize it until it was too late. I qualified for a $20,000 scholarship which was not completely used. I had plenty left yet I still ended up owing money out of pocket despite having this scholarship and student loans. Made no sense to me. I never found a job in my field after graduating and they do not prepare you well to gain decent employment despite graduating with a 4.0 GPA.

I attended a job fair once. Prior to the job fair they held a prep seminar. Nothing they taught us in the seminar happened in the job fair. The job fair was basically like a flea market with free giveaways. You stand in a line waiting to speak to someone who most just brush you away quickly because they seem miserable to be there. Others find students they know and just carry on conversations like they are friends while you wait on line. It was a waste of my time. It was a constant battle with my advisor the entire 2 yrs I was there. It's a shame because they have some great professors who till this day I keep in touch with but their methods of trying to get people to enroll is very deceiving. I'm left with a job not in my field of education and a 40K student loan debt. My advice is find a better school that isn't for profit because everyone gets enrolled no matter what as long as they can get money out of you. I wish I never attended this school.

DeVry University response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to help look into this and resolve your concerns. Please look out for a private message from us regarding next steps on how we can help.

Resolution response: Sept. 5, 2020

Advisors manager contacted me and came up with a plan for me to be able to continue my education. I was successfully enrolled and have started 2 of my remaining 7 classes.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I started DeVry in the 2016 and was told that there was a chance that I could exhaust my federal funding before I completed school, but to not worry about that because they would be able to help me secure funding. I was told this the last time by my student service advisor Desiree back in 2017/18 on a recorded call. Here I am now with 101 credits and my funding has been exhausted. I was then told by my Student service advisor Arrisa to apply for private loans and scholarships. I was told to do this while I was taking my finals and wrapping up my current sessions. (The stress of finals and personal life made this extremely difficult). However, every place I applied said the same thing. THEY DO NOT WORK WITH DEVRY!

When I emailed Arrissa, She claimed that DeVry had been bought out and the contracts may have not been updated to show the change. She told me she had to reach out to her boss Jason to find out how to proceed. She also stated other students where in the same situation as me. Here it is now 9/3/2020 the first week of the next session and I cannot enroll because I cannot get funding because again NO ONE WANT TO FUND DEVRY! So basically I'm screwed because without a cosigner I cannot continue my education at DeVry. No one told me I would need a cosigner EVER. If I would have known this I would have never went to this school. I am 7 classes away from my bachelor's degree. THANKS A LOT FOR SCREWING ME AND PUTTING ME IN DEBT FOR NOTHING. I will be seeking legal counsel.

DeVry University author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Nationally Accredited Programs: DeVry is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The University's Keller School of Management is also included in this accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• Tuition Assistance and Financial Aid: DeVry's student support advisors are able to guide students through the range of financial aid and cost-saving options that they may qualify for, including scholarships, grants, federal financial aid and more.

• Flexible Learning Options: DeVry offers convenient eight-week sessions and full- and part-time schedule options. Students also have the option of both hybrid and online classes to suit their preferred learning style.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team