Online learning at it's best

2. Education
  3. Online Colleges

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.27/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Read DeVry University Accounting reviews to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.

Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course

DeVry University Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I am very pleased that I had the opportunity to attend DeVry University. I took all of my classes online and there was always someone I could call to assist me, whether it be help with my classes or questions about my financial aid. Upon graduation I was assigned a career advisor who helped me with my resume and job search. My career advisor made the process of my job search a lot easier. I highly recommend Devry University!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I owe a lot to Devry, I graduated with a Master degree in Project Management. It helped me a lot during my career. Also it paved the way to become PMP certified by PMI. I highly recommend Devry and Keller for your graduate studies specially in project management.

Get expert buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I was very impressed by the quality of the professors and the support staff at Student Central. I would highly recommend this University to anyone seeking to further their education. I can tell that the professors and staff actually care about the success of the students, not only during their time at DeVry, but also post-graduation as they offer so many services and tools for graduating students in order to assure they find employment in their related field. From the on-demand live tutors, to the online library, the system at DeVry is definitely set up for success. I give it an A+.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My experience with the staff at DeVry was usually very professional and helpful. There were times though when some useful information was twisted or left out, and sometimes I'd get a different answer each time I'd speak with someone. The instructors for the Medical Billing and Coding program were typically good but do your own research on the instructors available for each class and request the best choice if able. Professor ** was the best I had for two of my classes. Some instructors here though are ridiculous and seem to not care about the students or their success. For how much this program costs I was very disappointed with two instructors who were flat out horrible.

Aside from the few somewhat expected let-downs, my overall experience was good. Most instructors have wonderful due date schedules for each week that aren't too demanding, everything was online, and DeVry changed a couple policies in the middle of my time there that made discussion topics MUCH more flexible and user friendly. I would recommend this school but I'd also remind whoever I recommend it to, to use their own head and judgment, ask every question possible, and go into each class cautiously.

Original review: April 21, 2019

DeVry/Keller is moving into the technology of live classes online where students from both on-campus and online participate in discussions with the professor during a lecture. This concept is great and helped me to gain greater knowledge in a class I thought would be hard to grasp. This is a great concept and looks like the way to go for those who are doing online classes but struggle with waiting on responses via posts or emails - real live answers and responses along with great dialog during these sessions helped to make my experience great!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I decided not to attend the school due to the outrageous pricing. The financial aid department has an pending disbursement for March 2, 2020 that I found out about from my current school because my financial had had to rejected due to this. I have called and asked that they remove this pending status. They have lied to me telling me it should be updated soon or within 24 hours. Nothing!! They are trying to get that disbursement but they will not succeed. That is fraudulent practices. Do Not Attend this School.!! I have reported them to the FTC due to their deceptive practices. Still trying to get this removed. They are hindering my progress but you don't have good luck when you do stuff like this. The BBB has been notified as well. They should be shut down. Horrible!!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I met with Rene from career services to review my resume and the information she provided was amazing. She gave me real life constructive criticism which was valuable being that she had experience in HR.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

For the price of the plans and classes that Devry Has to offer you are better off going to a state school. Anyone can get in and do next to nothing and Devry will still ensure you pass just to get that check. If you are using the GI BILL, I BEG YOU TO LOOK FOR BETTER OPTIONS. A degree from here will not get you far with employers and it is a waste of your time and the benefits you earned while serving.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Do not get the wrong impression about DeVry. The truth in my case, I enjoyed all my classes and my instructors and I excelled in my classes with honors. It was a joy to learn. Online that is. Those of us who did attend online were discriminated against and treated differently come graduation. I was not told in advance that I would not qualify for honors cords until the day of graduation when I asked for them. Throughout the years there was numerous letters sent about making the honors. I was not selected for placement opportunities or asked if I needed placements if there were any and literally I was hung out there to be on my own. I reached out to DeVry for help. Instead of them reaching out to me I received a few emails showing jobs not related to my degree.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Starting the online classes were somewhat convenient in the beginning. After a while I started having to pay out of pocket for course material. I am paying tuition and for these other fees that don't benefit me. Now I have to pay for books for the course. Are you kidding me. I already hate that I pay tuition to a college for online classes where I teach myself information that is already free to the public. I use my own lights, my own Wi-Fi, and my own computer. I then noticed that my time here was being stretched out. A 1 year program for a CERTIFICATE is turning into a nightmare. Now instead of 2 classes they only give me one and I am right at the end of my program. I am so disappointed in the way they handle, things. I will not, recommend this school to anyone else.

DeVry University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Regionally Accredited Programs: DeVry University has long held regional accreditation for their on-campus programs, and in 1998, they added online programs to their accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• High Value Scholarships: DeVry University offers $75 million in scholarship and grant funding based on need or merit.

• Blended Programs Available: Although they offer entirely online degrees, they also offer the option to take some classes online and others on campus.

• Financial Aid Assistance: Getting the most out of a financial aid package can be challenging, so DeVry University has a fully staffed financial aid office to help.

• Best for: New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team