3.89/5
Based on 51 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Read DeVry University Accounting reviews to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

366 DeVry University Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The education is good and I feel prepared to use my education combined with my professional experiences to advance my career. Most professors are involved in the student's success. Student services is helpful and knowledgeable. I rarely spoke with the same student advisor more than once, and that is an obstacle if there is an ongoing issue to resolve.

Original review: July 23, 2018

If I could give below zero stars, I would!!! I'm a combat disabled Vet and decided to go to DeVry via the Voc Rehab Program; What a mistake! Although I have an ADA Letter of Accommodations, DeVry Professors and Officials have continuously disregarded the impact of combat on Veterans. DeVry does not have a department or specific individuals that work with Vets, they just pass you around so you can get the runaround. The admissions officers feed a line of B.S. worse than 'any' recruiter or used car salespersons.

There are no dedicated Student Advisors, and again, you just get passed around. There is NO FOLLOW UP from anyone for school-related issues. The "Course Canvas" app they use for online courses is FULL of bugs and not worth the paper its written on! Har har... Did I mention DeVry is more than happy when a vet fails a course due to service-related issues? You can almost hear them salivating because they know the VA will pay for that and another course. The VA should BAN DeVry from soliciting to Veterans!!! NEVER GO TO DEVRY!!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2018

My experience so far with this institution is all I ask for. The Professors are very knowledgeable, experienced and very helpful. The online experience for me is second to none. It’s not for the lazy types, it’s a lot of hard work and fast paced too. Trust me, I enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks to Professors ** and **. My academic advisor is Kyle, whenever he gets on the phone with me, it’s always a personalized experience and the relationship is very rare. I admire the professionalism. It is a place to be!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was recruited August 2017. I was rush with my admission that they haven’t accept my transfer transcripts from my precious college. After a certain time they say it’s the student's job to get the transcripts even though, as a student you sent the information. For financial aid, these people don’t contact you at all. All they do is send a bunch of e-mails saying you are missing papers, but don’t bother to call you or make an appointment for you to come in personally to verify everything needed. Also, classes materials such as practice labs are OUTDATED. Current lab procedures do not match their current software versions of what you suppose to be working with. Professor are great. Deans do not really care and are not open to communication. School is too expensive and don’t get all you need. After a year, I have noticed it worse and worse.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Small Business Management/Entrepreneur - This class opened new areas in my life that I never would have participated or been introduced had it not been for the projects. Getting to select my choice for an interview with an entrepreneur was very exciting, and rewarding. I was fortunate to get the time to spend with an extraordinary person who gave me insight into other areas of my path. The discussions were great because of the style Mr. ** presented them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: June 14, 2018

The content of this and other courses offered exceeded my expectations. The hands-on computer labs contain relevant and up-to-date software, and the instruction was precise and comprehensive. I am pleased with the value the BIAM500 course provides and applicability in today's data-driven workplace.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've had a wonderful experience with DeVry University while working toward my Masters' degree. The people there have been very hands-on and involved with my class requirements, financing, student success, and every question I have had. I would highly recommend this university to anyone seeking their degree in a non-traditional way.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I have come across many schools in my day, yet I have never come across a school like Devry University. What sets Devry different from other schools is it's learning environment, faculty, and resources. When it comes to the learning environment, I can definitely say that small class room sizes are the best. Far exceeding the lecture hall massacre you see in other universities. There are many locations throughout the United States. So if there was ever a need to move to a new location, you can feel rest assured Devry University will be able to accommodate most relocations. It's online environments are great, except for Math courses. I do not recommend taking an online course with math as graphing, having an area to show your work is not present. This is very much needed when looking for what areas you need improving on. Never-the-less I recommend the learning environment to anyone.

The faculty is superb, I cannot stress the importance of having a professor who has been in the field for several years can be to a student. I have been to many Universities in the Chicagoland area and no other University does this. Sure other schools have professors with credentials and qualifications, but not like the ones here. Devry University brings people with extensive work experience which no other school has done this far. Take a look at the University of Illinois for example; in which they hire their own students to teach as professors. Ex. My Anthropology Professor from UoI. DeVry University has the professors you need to get a feel for the environment. All any student needs to do is ask questions and the professor will gladly show you the way.

My favorite part about DeVry University is the resources it provides. Anything you might need for your career, projects, personal projects; DeVry University has it. Need to practice building a pc? DeVry University has the resources to help you build as many as you like. Need a certain tool to perform a task? Sure, print any tool you like from the many types of 3D printers it holds (Makerbot, Prusa, etc). NO LIMIT TO HOW MUCH YOU CAN 3D PRINT!!! Need a PC to work on your assignments? DeVry offers PC all over the campus, just hop on one and enjoy. Need a much more powerful PC? They have that too (Even though I think 64gb of Ram is overboard). Want to work with VR environments?

DeVry also has a variety of programs for you to use. I cannot stress, the level of resourcefulness DeVry has; it is incredible. Overall, I would recommend DeVry to everyone. To me anyone who thinks differently, either did not utilize their resources, did not have a great relationship with the professors, or simply did not try. I think it is great, and anyone who is willing to learn should give it try.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The college is a very professional Institution, with high-quality teachers, great programs which can work for the full-time student, full-time worker, young and old. If someone is looking to return school after being out for years, DeVry is a great choice.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I did my bachelor's degree in this same school. One thing that made me to do this review is because most of the teachers will go and extra mile just to see that the students are successful in their courses. For instance most of them try create a personal relationship with the students by giving out their phone number to them contact them in case they can't reach the teacher by email. There are times the teacher may not see the email immediately but when you call them you get them on the phone immediately and your problem will be resolve within 24 hours. Also most of the teachers are very patient with the student. I did experience all these while I was doing my undergraduate degree and I am still experiencing the same relation with my graduate program (Management). If they do offer a PHD program I will continue with them.

As far as their customer services is concern I will say they are extremely perfect. You don't have long wait on the phone to get an adviser. You are sure that your problem will be solve. All the academic advisers and the financial aid adviser are very friendly. They take your problems to be their problem and will do everything possible to resolve your problem. If they promised to follow up, know that they will follow up with you as promised. There is a continuity in their calls, in that it doesn't matter who you get on the phone they will picked from the last time you call that department and the reason for which you called. This makes it easier for your problem to be resolve without any waste of time. I have never regret been a student in this school. I am a proud student Devry/Keller Graduate School of Management.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I am able to work full time and still get my Bachelor's Degree in my spare time. If you are looking to upgrade your education or finish your degree, this is a great option. I found DeVry to be WAY better than Athabasca University. DeVry has applications that work and are easy to use and you can use them on Windows, iMac, iPad iPhone and Android. You get notices via text and/or email to keep you on track and they have better follow up/direction for the student than Athabasca.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I would definitely recommend Devry University online. The reason I say that is while attending Devry University, the time went by so quickly and I retained a lot of information and skills to apply to the REAL WORLD! I can honestly say that I've encountered some of the most incredible students throughout my 4-year journey. I will be attending Graduate School at Keller School of Management the end of April and I will be graduating from Devry University in September 2018. I would inform anyone that wants to attend college, go because it is NEVER TOO LATE!

Original review: April 15, 2018

My schedule is very tricky because I work 50 hours (mandatory) a week. I have two children and a husband at home. There are a lot of things that stop me from being able to attend campus classes. I like that Devry not only offers online courses, but they do have campuses as well that are available if you can fit it in. Their graduation ceremony can be attended by both online and campus students. The professors are very knowledgeable. There are some things that they need to fix with their online environment. Some of the instructions are not clear, and participation is lax. It would seriously help if all students would participate or be removed from groups, but that relies on school policies. Overall, I have had a great experience with financial aid, and I also feel like I am learning what I need to learn for my business degree. Support is always available and tutoring services are great.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The DeVry University experience thus far has been a good one and the tools that I need to be successful in my pursuit of a BS degree are provided. The management at DeVry are purposed to help students attain their goals and they have demonstrated that to me on several occasions already. I am a proud DeVry University student and I am also proud of my school. It is a needed resource for returning students that work, or are seeking a second career. I'd like to see it stay around for future generations to use.

Original review: April 14, 2018

DeVry University is an excellent place to obtain an education. Keller Graduate School of Management has been very instrumental in providing a convenient online learning experience for me. The learning tools are high tech and up-to-date, and the professors are knowledgeable and most importantly caring. In a few months, I'll have a Masters Degree from an accredited school, that is respected around the world. DeVry University's Keller Graduate School of Management is my recommendation to anyone working full-time while trying to raise a family, who wants to continue their education and actually complete their venture. I highly recommend the DeVry University learning experience for all students.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I love DeVry University, and would highly recommend it. DeVry prepares you for your future career and future classes. DeVry uses today's technology as well as helps you navigate it while learning and obtaining experience with it. DeVry also teaches leadership, teamwork, professional skills, and study tools, too.

Original review: April 13, 2018

DeVry University, Newark CA, Campus - I just would like to say, I am very proud to be a DeVry Alumni. I finished my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, held down 2 jobs, While working a graveyard shift and am a single mother of a 12 year old daughter. I couldn't of done it without my own determination and DeVry University having my back. From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank the whole DeVry faculty for making sure that my education was their #1 top priority at all times. What I've learned from being a student and now graduate, is that you hold the keys to your own destiny. Thank you :).

Original review: April 12, 2018

Devry University's Graduate Program is a quality education. I've completed all courses except one online and feel I gained a more valuable education than if sitting in a classroom. The criteria is quality and substantive, set milestones, expert professors, and good use of technology. I recommend the Devry Graduate Program for any professional serious about earning an advanced degree to further one's career or to just remain fresh and up-to-date in one's chosen field of study.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Medical Billing and Coding - I just wanted to take the time to say that I would highly recommend Devry University to anyone of my friends or family members. This school is up to date efficient and like a big family. Ever since the big switch in the canvas program the online courses has taken off. They have well engaged instructors and very good student resources, the technical team is amazing as well. I would recommend anyone to come and experience DeVry to further your education.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I love my online courses! The student portal is easy to navigate, and the DeVry team is so reassuring and helpful at all times. All my questions are always answered quickly and easily through emails, or setting up a time to call and talk to student support!

Original review: April 7, 2018

I had originally planned on attending a local community college, however upon learning of their class scheduling and attendance requirements, I had to look into other options. I am a single mom and I work part-time, so I needed classes that would fit my lifestyle. Devry University did that for me! Enrolling was so easy and everyone involved was so helpful and understanding. They took the time to explain what Devry is all about, from beginning classes to graduation I knew every detail before I even enrolled. Classes are great! You have access to an actual professor and interaction with your classmates. Assignments are completed from week to week on your own schedule, which really helps me continue to take off all my responsibilities and still go to school! I couldn't have asked for a better school and I highly recommend Devry University to anyone who is looking to further their education!

Original review: March 1, 2018

I do not normally write reviews but as my experience at DeVry has been so disappointing, I felt the need to write this review to deter anyone else from making my mistake. This is the first school I have been in that is simply money orientated. They have made multiple errors: the departments clearly do not communicate so when you think you have resolved something you end up repeating yourself all over again leading to inconvenient holds on your account. The classes are a joke, I thought I was back in high school because that is the level they work at. Correction, high school was more difficult than this school.

If you're paying over $4,000 every 8 weeks I actually would like to learn something. I'm not just doing this for a piece of paper; if I were, I would have chosen a cheaper school. Most of their core classes are online which no one tells you when you register; yet, they still charge you the amount as an onsite class. Why would a school put the most difficult classes online I do not know. So many students have complained that their grades are low and that they have struggled greatly because the online classes are poorly formatted or they cannot reach their teachers. Please, I urge you to really reconsider if you have thought about applying here. I cannot wait to transfer out! Go somewhere else. There are other schools for the same price with a better education.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I have to say, I was a bit skeptical of the 8 week semester block style at first but after being medically retired from the US Army I was looking for something to fulfill my time and advance my education to begin a new career field and I feel like I hit a home run with DeVry. It's 8 week courses which allow you to go at a little faster pace and get through quickly but they still do a very good job of making sure you get all the information required and are actually learning. Most professors had at least their master's with, the majority having a PhD which is impressive to know that I'm being taught by some pretty knowledgeable people. Even if the classes seem to move a little fast there is tutoring available whenever it works for you for help with anything. So it really assures you that you'll LEARN the information rather than just pass a class. Very impressed so far. I am 68 hours in and love it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Most of the Professors that I've had at DeVry have their PhD which is quite impressive. It gives me reassurance that I am getting the best education that I can with the highly qualified teachers. I also really appreciate the online courses and its platform. The platform is easy to use, easy to navigate, and presented supplemented material quite well. I have attended DeVry since 2014 and would recommend this institution to anyone who is looking to return to school. Their GetSet environment encourages students to discuss real topics with one another and help each other navigate through real-world school and life balance. I love it!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

As a student in need of academic accommodations, I tried emailing and calling the Office of Student Disability Services at DeVry University. However, the phone number provided by advisers and in the syllabus is invalid and all emails sent were returned as undeliverable. It took more than 2 weeks, numerous calls to advisors, and the assistance of 2 different deans and the assistant director of student central before I was able to get assistance. Once I got my academic accommodations approved I was sent a notice of approval and my professor was sent one which was different than what I received.

Mind you, my request was approved 2 days prior to my class ending and although the professor told the dean she would allow me to submit my missing assignment once my accommodations were approved, she still refused to allow it. So now at the last day of class I still cannot submit an assignment from week 4 because of DeVry's negligence and my professors refusal to abide by my accommodations. In addition, my professor's policy on extensions states that any medical reason must be documented. So I had to give her my personal medical information even though I'm protected under the ADA. Yet she still refused to give me a 2 day extension.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have nothing but great things to say about my experience at Devry University and Keller Graduate School of Management. I earned both my Bachelor's degree and MBA while working full-time and balancing family responsibilities. Devry gave me the flexibility I needed to be successful both in the classroom and in my career. I found the practitioner style of teaching especially helpful as it allowed me to apply what I was learning directly to my current job (which was a nice change of pace from my experience at a more "traditional" university previously). I highly recommend both Devry and Keller to any working adult looking for a credible and flexible program.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I started to Devry as online student in July 2016. Brittany helped me get all enrollment requirement done and was always available for questions and encouragement. I was in the billing and coding certificate program. I was satisfied with most of my courses. The only hiccup was when I took my first coding class ICD-10-PCS. The first week we had no instructor. She apparently had an illness. The rest of my classes were like clockwork, I always was able to get assistance from student services or tech support when I needed it.

Most of my instructors were available in a timely manner. Dr. ** taught pharmacology and was awesome. After completing my certificate program, I took the coding practicum with Dr. **. She is awesome and I highly recommend her and the practicum. I feel the practicum has prepared me for the CCA exam. I loved attending classes at Devry and although I haven't worked with career services, I plan to be in touch with them and expect the same professionalism I have found at Devry.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I've been able to start back to school and work on my degree on my time, which is amazing. I can work on school work at home or on the go which is great. They have a diverse and easy to use platform which is awesome too. I've liked all of my professors so far and am enjoying the discussions that I've been a part of.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I work 45 hours per week and together with that I am completing a full time Masters Degree at Devry's Keller Graduate School of Management. I find this university as a place for me to not just exceed in my education but also to grow as a responsible person.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I had 20 years of professional experience in Architecture and Project Management, I used to work in the Middle East and most of this time I worked in mega projects, once I decided to come back home! I could find a decent job to accommodate my experience neither financial compensation, a friend of mine advised me to go back to school and try to get a decent certificate. Enables me to enhance my career and expose me to more opportunities. After 3 months of surveys and due diligence I landed in Devry University, in its Keller School of Management, it was very positive and great experience and am proud to graduate from this reputed school, opening up great opportunities in the job market.

DeVry University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Regionally Accredited Programs: DeVry University has long held regional accreditation for their on-campus programs, and in 1998, they added online programs to their accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• High Value Scholarships: DeVry University offers $75 million in scholarship and grant funding based on need or merit.

• Blended Programs Available: Although they offer entirely online degrees, they also offer the option to take some classes online and others on campus.

• Financial Aid Assistance: Getting the most out of a financial aid package can be challenging, so DeVry University has a fully staffed financial aid office to help.

• Best for: New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

IL
60515-5683
www.devry.edu

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business