4.7/5 (54 ratings)

About DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Visit our website to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.

DeVry University Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I chose DeVry University because it is a name that makes me feel safe and because of their stellar reputation. What I got was a whole lot more! I was experiencing homelessness when I enrolled at DeVry, determined to change my living situation because I knew that I would not get a different result if I stayed the same. While I was enrolling the courteous staff walked me through everything I needed to do to get enrolled. But they didn't stop there. While I was maybe a couple weeks into my first classes my car was stolen and everything I owned was inside of it. I was left with nothing except the clothes on my back and my service animal. No IDs no clothes, hygiene, blankets I had nothing since I had been living in my car.

I contacted my admissions counselor and she immediately gave me resources to help me through this difficult time and even my professors worked with me in allowing a couple late assignments. They take the time to let you know personally that you are doing a good job and they offer one on one tutoring to help you if you are having some struggles. This is an awesome school!

DeVry University response

Thank you for letting us be a part of your journey.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I’m a nurse of more than 25 years and had been looking to supplement my career with some certifications. I’d been doing some researches online for quite some time for colleges with great reviews and what I was looking for. Nothing seemed to be working out. Eventually, I came across a few reviews on DeVry University. I dug in a little bit more and when I knew it I was receiving a call from them. I told them what my situation was, what I could afford, what I wanted, and the advisor and financial services department spent about 2 hours on the phone with me or so that day.

When I got off the phone, I was enrolled, my FAFSA had already been completed, and I was just awaiting the normal processing of everything to go through. When I say excellent choice, I mean it in every sense of the word. The professors are very attentive and the online classes are very interactive with weekly Webex classes. You also get to interact and respond to your peers posts weekly. Everyone posts a bio the first week so we get to know one another personally from all over the country as well as our professor. The professors have flexible office hours and some will even share their cell phone number for emergencies. DeVry has been an excellent choice. They even helped me find grants to cover financial aid. It’s definitely worth the try!!!

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I'm, 47 years old from Japan (19 years); a new US resident, starting over, with nothing invested yet for a future here, and cannot work strenuous physical labor anymore. I have a BSN-RN degree from '94 but was not my choice or dream. I've always wanted to be a Computer Specialist since I was 10. For a year, I compared schools, boot camps, curriculums, evaluated finances, and used these as my gauge to find the right school that would fit my needs and works with the demands of my life situation, and work. I am blessed to have found Devry University. The Advisers took away my fear regarding financing and guided me towards making it possible, doable. Best Decision I ever made! I love the curriculum-the ladder- the progressive pathway towards mastery and onto finding one's place in the field someday.

Education is expensive so we are guided to find out what we really want, what we are good at, and where we really want to see ourselves someday without waste of years and money. I am proud of the standard, the power pack of Professors/Educators/Advisers, the Support in terms of Community, personal life struggles, counseling, support among classmates, amazing learning resources all available, and how the career pathway is made easy to journey into. For someone like me who's still overcoming life challenges, God my ultimate source of hope and motivation brought Devry as another source of light at the end of the tunnel I am walking through. It's not just a small part but a huge portion of my life right now. With my due diligence, perseverance and discipline, I know Devry will be my partner for a great future for myself and family.

DeVry University response

Thank you for let us be part of you DeVry journey!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I come from a long history with DeVry. I first attended DeVry in 1987 through 1990, onsite in Phoenix Arizona. I graduated with a Bachelors in Electronic Engineering Technology (EET). The degree provided me with a 31-year job as a Field Engineer in Semiconductor manufacturing, an excellent career! I returned to DeVry six years ago completing a second Bachelors in Computer Information Systems (CIS), and I’m currently working on a Master's in Information Technology Management (Keller).

These last two degrees were online. DeVry’s online school is very flexible and perfect for the busy life. But... it requires self-motivation and a commitment to one’s own learning. DeVry wants you to succeed and they provide a lot of tools to help you succeed. But… if you like to skate and have poor study skills then online school might not be for you. I know students who graduated but didn't learn much. They did enough to pass but not enough to become sharp. These are the DeVry graduates who complain about not learning. DeVry teaches professionals and they treat you like one, they don't babysit.

We are a DeVry family, I have one daughter who received a Bachelors in Nursing and has done very well for herself; received a great nursing job before she graduated. I have another daughter who just received a Bachelors in CIS - Cyber Security and received a great Cyber Security job. I have a son who started a degree in EET, became a Marine, and is now switching over to CIS.

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your DeVry story, Todd.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

DeVry University has made it easy for me to get my degree. I work 48 + hours a week and the online classes provide me the ability to still get a degree. There are weekly deadlines that need to be met, but you are given all week to meet them. You are able to work on assignments on your schedule. They offer free tutoring and are with you every step of the way. They are a message or phone call away with a friendly voice on the other end no matter your question. There is no rushing. They take the time and focus on you.

This is the end of my second year and will probably keep going for my bachelor's. It took me over a year to find the right school for me. DeVry was my last call. Rob was very informative and interested in knowing what exactly I was intending to get out of higher education and helped me get started. I did nothing except sign when needed, or fill out what he couldn't. I could go on and on. I would recommend DeVry to anyone wanting to get a degree.

DeVry University response

Thank you for letting us be part of your academic journey!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Melissa ** has been the best when it comes to me registering. She has helped me every step of the way and showed outstanding customer service skills. She is wonder to work with during my admissions process. Always respond to me when help is needed and is very helpful. Great Job Melissa!

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you for sharing.

Original review: April 23, 2022

DeVry University is more of a scam artist than focusing on your education. My mother was sick and I had to withdraw from my classes. I withdrew in time according to the policy, but was still charged a prorated amount, resource fees, book fees, student resource fee, and another fee that was dated for July 2017, which I didn’t attend the school at that time.

They really do just give you A’s. Basically they are stealing your money and just passing you along to keep taking your money. Once you leave they will hit you with a lot more charges. Please do not be fooled by the fluff. I did my research and DeVry is known for overcharging students and lying about their retention rates. President Biden ended up paying a lot of students for this scandal. Do your research. This school has just found a better way to hide their scams by creating nonsense policies.

DeVry University response

Hi Megan- We're sorry to hear about your experience. We've just sent you a private message.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I am a 37 year old professional who wasn't getting where I wanted to be in my career. I had been told I needed a degree to go further. So I researched schools and DeVry came up as a university that my company gave tuition reimbursement for. So I called them up and had a long chat with the advisor. He was wonderful. He answered all my questions. He was patient and kind. I never once felt pressured into applying for school. I did however apply and it's the greatest decision I've made. The classes are faced paced but the way its designed, they are easy to follow. I haven't had a professor or spoken to an advisor who wasn't 100% on board with helping me reach my goals! I am so thankful I chose DeVry for continuing my education.

DeVry University response

Our goal is to help our students get to where they want to go! We're happy we could support you on your journey.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I love Devry University. The instructors are amazing, they get you ready for the real world. I have learned a lot about myself, and achieved so much since I started at Devry. They want you to succeed.

DeVry University response

We love our instructors too! Thanks for the review, Brandi.

Original review: April 22, 2022

My experience with DeVry University has changed my life. I am receiving an exceptional education that will set me apart from others in the job market. The professors and student support staff have been wonderful!

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear! Congratulations on making Dean's List, Dawn.

DeVry University author review by Jessica Render

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Nationally Accredited Programs: DeVry is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The University's Keller School of Management is also included in this accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• Tuition Assistance and Financial Aid: DeVry's student support advisors are able to guide students through the range of financial aid and cost-saving options that they may qualify for, including scholarships, grants, federal financial aid and more.

• Flexible Learning Options: DeVry offers convenient eight-week sessions and full- and part-time schedule options. Students also have the option of both hybrid and online classes to suit their preferred learning style.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

DeVry University Company Information