Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course
4.00/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Read DeVry University Accounting reviews to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

DeVry University Reviews

Original review: April 29, 2019

I was very impressed by the quality of the professors and the support staff at Student Central. I would highly recommend this University to anyone seeking to further their education. I can tell that the professors and staff actually care about the success of the students, not only during their time at DeVry, but also post-graduation as they offer so many services and tools for graduating students in order to assure they find employment in their related field. From the on-demand live tutors, to the online library, the system at DeVry is definitely set up for success. I give it an A+.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My experience with the staff at DeVry was usually very professional and helpful. There were times though when some useful information was twisted or left out, and sometimes I'd get a different answer each time I'd speak with someone. The instructors for the Medical Billing and Coding program were typically good but do your own research on the instructors available for each class and request the best choice if able. Professor ** was the best I had for two of my classes. Some instructors here though are ridiculous and seem to not care about the students or their success. For how much this program costs I was very disappointed with two instructors who were flat out horrible.

Aside from the few somewhat expected let-downs, my overall experience was good. Most instructors have wonderful due date schedules for each week that aren't too demanding, everything was online, and DeVry changed a couple policies in the middle of my time there that made discussion topics MUCH more flexible and user friendly. I would recommend this school but I'd also remind whoever I recommend it to, to use their own head and judgment, ask every question possible, and go into each class cautiously.

Get expert buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I started school at the wrong time but it never stopped me from giving it my all. I have been a honor student since starting school and I got nominated to receive the National Honor Society award. My Professors push me especially in those moments when it's most needed. I love all my Professors at Devry. I believe it's not only about teaching but they really care about their students. Going back to school was the best decision I ever made but going to DeVry made it a life-changing experience. I am more proud of myself than ever before.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

DeVry and Keller Graduate School of Management have been great for my educational journey. I'm so pleased with the professors, the coursework, and how I have been able to excel my career. The classes are 8 weeks in length and you will spend your time, reading, writing, and collaborating with students from all areas and backgrounds. The courses are designed to be relevant to today's day and age, so that you are best prepared for a career or to excel in the field you are already in. I highly recommend DeVry and Keller Graduate school to 1st time students, working professionals, and those seeking to gain a better education.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have been impressed with the level of real world like scenarios that I have been able to be involved in while in Keller's Graduate Program. I love the fact that they focus on you understanding the concepts through "real world" experience. It is a lot different than just memorizing information and throwing it back out for the test. You have to understand the concept and apply it to real world examples. I feel I have made an investment that is already paying off. I have been able to apply much of what I learned, to my actual job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Do not get the wrong impression about DeVry. The truth in my case, I enjoyed all my classes and my instructors and I excelled in my classes with honors. It was a joy to learn. Online that is. Those of us who did attend online were discriminated against and treated differently come graduation. I was not told in advance that I would not qualify for honors cords until the day of graduation when I asked for them. Throughout the years there was numerous letters sent about making the honors. I was not selected for placement opportunities or asked if I needed placements if there were any and literally I was hung out there to be on my own. I reached out to DeVry for help. Instead of them reaching out to me I received a few emails showing jobs not related to my degree.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Starting the online classes were somewhat convenient in the beginning. After a while I started having to pay out of pocket for course material. I am paying tuition and for these other fees that don't benefit me. Now I have to pay for books for the course. Are you kidding me. I already hate that I pay tuition to a college for online classes where I teach myself information that is already free to the public. I use my own lights, my own Wi-Fi, and my own computer. I then noticed that my time here was being stretched out. A 1 year program for a CERTIFICATE is turning into a nightmare. Now instead of 2 classes they only give me one and I am right at the end of my program. I am so disappointed in the way they handle, things. I will not, recommend this school to anyone else.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have been to a few different schools and only completed an Associate's Degree. I was very excited to finally pursue schooling that would help my career. My excitement turned to disappointment and frustration by my 3rd class at DeVry. It is one thing to be expected to learn exclusively from a textbook, but to have instructors that are only able to read from a script and unable to explain the material makes learning near impossible. Each class followed a similar weekly format. One part was an hour-long lecture. This lecture was always a PowerPoint that instructors simply read from. I believe they were made from standardized material. It did not always seem like the instructor even understood what they were reciting. One instructor could not pronounce any of the medical terminology on the slides throughout the course.

Most of the learning was expected to come from reading the textbooks. Other than the lecture, the only correspondence with the instructor was if students initiated through email. I quickly came to the conclusion that while the instructors might be good people, they were ill-equipped to teach so many students with the resources they had. The assignments every week came from standardized course design and so instructors had little control. This meant that grading was also standardized and instructors could not always explain the answers. The final review course did not even provide the answers to the graded assignments for fear of plagiarism.

About halfway through the past year, an instructor advised that I should email the dean of the department for the correct answer to an assignment because they could not explain it. The explanation I got was that the answer was simply the answer and then he stopped responding. This is when I gave up on DeVry. Now it might seem like I'm a bitter failing student, but that is only half correct. I have maintained a 4.0 throughout the curriculum (although that does not include the final review course that concludes this week). However, I am keenly aware that my grades do not accurately reflect my knowledge. I am especially nervous to sit for the national certification exam without the availability of a computer. Not only has DeVry done a horrible job of imparting knowledge, but they have also forced reliance on the internet. I am going to have to do a lot more all on my own in order to pass the certification exam.

If I could choose to do this over I would. DeVry seemed attractive because of the fancy marketing material and attention from their sales team, but the actual product is an expensive dud. In hindsight, working less in order to fit in live courses at a nonprofit school would have been worth it. I had originally assumed DeVry was doing its best. Now I believe they follow a business model that isn't too dissimilar from any other greedy business. They push for greater and greater profit margins until consumers take notice and stop buying. I really hope consumers take notice soon.

Original review: April 21, 2019

DeVry/Keller is moving into the technology of live classes online where students from both on-campus and online participate in discussions with the professor during a lecture. This concept is great and helped me to gain greater knowledge in a class I thought would be hard to grasp. This is a great concept and looks like the way to go for those who are doing online classes but struggle with waiting on responses via posts or emails - real live answers and responses along with great dialog during these sessions helped to make my experience great!

Original review: April 14, 2019

DeVry University has been wonderful in helping me want to learn again. The professors are amazing and always willing to help should you have troubles or questions. Professor ** in Math103 has been the best professor I have had so far.

DeVry University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Regionally Accredited Programs: DeVry University has long held regional accreditation for their on-campus programs, and in 1998, they added online programs to their accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• High Value Scholarships: DeVry University offers $75 million in scholarship and grant funding based on need or merit.

• Blended Programs Available: Although they offer entirely online degrees, they also offer the option to take some classes online and others on campus.

• Financial Aid Assistance: Getting the most out of a financial aid package can be challenging, so DeVry University has a fully staffed financial aid office to help.

• Best for: New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs