2. Education
  3. Online Colleges

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.80/5

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Visit our website to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.

DeVry University Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

DeVry is the best. I have not seen a college more dedicated to their students. Admissions help me through every step of admissions, and financial aid without complaining. All I had to do was be on the phone a lot for a couple of days. Otherwise, I didn't do much. They did it all. They even set my schedule, for each session, for me. They have called every week to check up on me and see how things are going or if I have had any problems. I am in my second session and so far the professors are the BEST! They assist you in any difficulty you have with schoolwork. They do not judge and they listen when you talk. DeVry may cost a little more than other colleges but trust me, they are well worth it!

DeVry University response

Thank you for letting us be a part of your academic journey!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had been wanting to go back to school for a while. But, I was afraid. I'm older, I've been out of school for over 10 years, money, and time. But, providing a better future for my little one and myself was something that I was determined to do. So, I started looking online and putting myself out there for schools to contact me. It was awful! Every school that called sounded so robotic, instantly going into money, never taking a breath from their script, there was no concern about me or my future. I was ready to quit answering my phone. I am very happy that I didn't give up, DeVry University called and it was exactly what I needed. A person on the other line that actually paid attention to what I had actually enter into the computer. Someone who cared about my future, my daughter's future, and my future career. I felt like I was talking to a friend, someone I could trust.

I am now enrolled at DeVry University and entering my second session. It was tough at first, trying to get a schedule down and figure out work, family, kids after school activities, school! But, DeVry offers so many tools to help with any situation! I have the best school advisor, the professors are amazing, understanding, FREE tutoring for you, that works around your schedule. Financial aid, loans, grants, I can, and want to go on. But, all I can say and highly suggest is, if you are looking to go back to school DeVry University is the best way to go. I am very thankful for DeVry University.

DeVry University response

Taking that first step is always a challenge. We're pleased that our advisors were able to make it a little easier!

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have been attending DeVry for a little while now and when I first started I was enrolled in the Business Management program. I did pretty good the first few months but after that I started to slip a little and this was noticed especially by my student advisor Jennifer **. When she realized that I was slipping and that it would be a possibility that I would fail school she met with me and asked me very politely if there was anything that I was anything that I was interested in. Well, all my life I had spent it taking care of my family so I decided to enroll in the Medical Billing Coding Program and so far I am doing great.

Jennifer has encouraged me to strive for the goals that I seek for myself and my boyfriend has been a big supporter to as I am being a big supporter to him to and the biggest supporter I have right now would be my son who I raised all by myself. Right now, while attending school I am caring for my mom and being supportive to my son who is also in college and yes I am one proud mother.

Those thinking about attending school DeVry has some great programs and wonderful student advisors that get you on the right path to a rewarding career. They also have wonderful professors that actual will take the time to sit down and actually explain the things to you and they use language you can understand. As a student of DeVry university I highly recommend this school not because of the programs but because the way you are treated from the very second you walk in the door. For the future students of DeVry University I wish you the best of luck in all of your adventures and remember keep reaching for the stars and reaching for the goals that may seem impossible but there is always that someone that believes in you out there. Deborah **

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your experience Deborah!

Original review: June 10, 2020

My experience here at DeVry University has been enjoyable. I cannot say enough about the level of education I have received through my online courses. It's great to see that your teachers care. I would like to take time out to thank Professor Ellen ** and Professor Michael ** for doing a great job teaching BIS 155 course. Both Professor ** and ** are there for their students and genuinely care about their academic success. Also, informing the importance of making the most of your education while making learning new and challenging martial fun. I would highly recommend DeVry University to anyone who wants to earn a degree while managing a busy lifestyle.

DeVry University response

We understand how important online learning is and are happy to hear your instructors made your experience memorable.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I have been very hesitant about going back to finish my degree. I finally decided to take the leap and go for it, why not in the middle of a global pandemic. DeVry student support services has been amazing from day one. Very helpful, knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate.

DeVry University response

Taking that first step is always a challenge. We're glad we could support you on your academic journey.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Being a student at DeVry was the best decision I have made. The teachers and student advisor are very helpful. They helped me make the best career decision. I have no regrets and if I have to choose a school all over again DeVry will be my choice. However, I love my online classes.... Xoxo!!!!

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you for letting us support you on your DeVry journey.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I truly enjoy my Medical Billing and Coding Courses that I am taking through DeVry University Online. They took care of all of the registration information for me and ensured that I had everything that I needed before the classes began. My Professor's simplified the information for me so that I could completely understand what was being asked of me. The student representatives were available at all times if I needed help with something. There are tutors available to help if you are struggling. It is an overall great experience.

DeVry University response

That’s wonderful to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Original review: May 4, 2021

My experience at DeVry has been nothing but positive. The instructors are always willing to help and reply back very quickly with any questions that you may have. Registration was extremely easy. They walk you through the whole process. They also walk you through the process of getting financial aid. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone.

DeVry University response

We're glad we could support you on your academic journey!

Original review: May 4, 2021

I was very impressed by the way the professor handled herself with other classmates of mine. My professor was one of the best teachers I have ever had in English classes I have taken at other colleges I have attended.

DeVry University response

We're glad our instructors could support you on your journey.

Original review: May 3, 2021

DeVry is a very organized and functional school with highly skilled and trained professionals. DeVry has been very instrumental to me in more ways than one. I don’t feel as if I’m throwing my money away for an education that I’m not receiving. I am confident In knowing that after I graduate, I will be a very productive member of society.

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

DeVry University author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Nationally Accredited Programs: DeVry is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The University's Keller School of Management is also included in this accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• Tuition Assistance and Financial Aid: DeVry's student support advisors are able to guide students through the range of financial aid and cost-saving options that they may qualify for, including scholarships, grants, federal financial aid and more.

• Flexible Learning Options: DeVry offers convenient eight-week sessions and full- and part-time schedule options. Students also have the option of both hybrid and online classes to suit their preferred learning style.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team