4.17/5

DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Read DeVry University Accounting reviews to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

370 DeVry University Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I am in my first year of the electronic engineering course. I love DeVry and how well they keep me updated. Not just in class, but also with what is going on with their site. They keep me posted if there will be any maintenance being done with them. The site is very well laid out. Of course it was a little rocky to get started with like anything else. But it wasn't very hard at all to get the hang of where everything is. Becomes very user friendly.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

During the class I experienced an involved classroom discussion environment. She was constantly involved and engaged with the students. Always emailing to ask if everything was ok and giving encouragement. The lessons were detailed, varied and enjoyable. I highly recommend this class and especially this professor. She made the class what it is.

Get expert buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

The Sherman Oaks Campus is the one of the best campus in Los Angeles County. Lots of international students go to this campus for their future. There are hoax about DeVry closing branches, but I hope this is for the best. But do not remove the sign next to 405 freeway DeVry University sign.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I contacted my undergraduate career services for guidance on my resume. The counselor Maurice ** provided excellent and courteous service. I intend to continue following up with Mr. ** for further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The education is good and I feel prepared to use my education combined with my professional experiences to advance my career. Most professors are involved in the student's success. Student services is helpful and knowledgeable. I rarely spoke with the same student advisor more than once, and that is an obstacle if there is an ongoing issue to resolve.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: July 23, 2018

If I could give below zero stars, I would!!! I'm a combat disabled Vet and decided to go to DeVry via the Voc Rehab Program; What a mistake! Although I have an ADA Letter of Accommodations, DeVry Professors and Officials have continuously disregarded the impact of combat on Veterans. DeVry does not have a department or specific individuals that work with Vets, they just pass you around so you can get the runaround. The admissions officers feed a line of B.S. worse than 'any' recruiter or used car salespersons.

There are no dedicated Student Advisors, and again, you just get passed around. There is NO FOLLOW UP from anyone for school-related issues. The "Course Canvas" app they use for online courses is FULL of bugs and not worth the paper its written on! Har har... Did I mention DeVry is more than happy when a vet fails a course due to service-related issues? You can almost hear them salivating because they know the VA will pay for that and another course. The VA should BAN DeVry from soliciting to Veterans!!! NEVER GO TO DEVRY!!!

Original review: June 20, 2018

My experience so far with this institution is all I ask for. The Professors are very knowledgeable, experienced and very helpful. The online experience for me is second to none. It’s not for the lazy types, it’s a lot of hard work and fast paced too. Trust me, I enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks to Professors ** and **. My academic advisor is Kyle, whenever he gets on the phone with me, it’s always a personalized experience and the relationship is very rare. I admire the professionalism. It is a place to be!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was recruited August 2017. I was rush with my admission that they haven’t accept my transfer transcripts from my precious college. After a certain time they say it’s the student's job to get the transcripts even though, as a student you sent the information. For financial aid, these people don’t contact you at all. All they do is send a bunch of e-mails saying you are missing papers, but don’t bother to call you or make an appointment for you to come in personally to verify everything needed. Also, classes materials such as practice labs are OUTDATED. Current lab procedures do not match their current software versions of what you suppose to be working with. Professor are great. Deans do not really care and are not open to communication. School is too expensive and don’t get all you need. After a year, I have noticed it worse and worse.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Small Business Management/Entrepreneur - This class opened new areas in my life that I never would have participated or been introduced had it not been for the projects. Getting to select my choice for an interview with an entrepreneur was very exciting, and rewarding. I was fortunate to get the time to spend with an extraordinary person who gave me insight into other areas of my path. The discussions were great because of the style Mr. ** presented them.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The content of this and other courses offered exceeded my expectations. The hands-on computer labs contain relevant and up-to-date software, and the instruction was precise and comprehensive. I am pleased with the value the BIAM500 course provides and applicability in today's data-driven workplace.

DeVry University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Regionally Accredited Programs: DeVry University has long held regional accreditation for their on-campus programs, and in 1998, they added online programs to their accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• High Value Scholarships: DeVry University offers $75 million in scholarship and grant funding based on need or merit.

• Blended Programs Available: Although they offer entirely online degrees, they also offer the option to take some classes online and others on campus.

• Financial Aid Assistance: Getting the most out of a financial aid package can be challenging, so DeVry University has a fully staffed financial aid office to help.

• Best for: New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs