4.6/5 (40 ratings)

About DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Visit our website to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.

DeVry University Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

First, I want to start by saying I very rarely write reviews; however, DeVry has been so good I feel compelled to share this with others. When I was considering going to college, I began by doing research on the schools that had a curriculum in the technology field that I was interested in. I wasn’t too sure exactly what I wanted to do. I found DeVry and was contacted almost immediately by Theresa **, she was a huge help in pinpointing what I wanted to major in and helped me to get enrolled.

I have taken 4 courses now and I have learned a lot already! The professors are knowledgeable, DeVry has TONS of resources, tutors, library, and more. The courses are hands on, for example, I’m taking an intro to technology course and we are using an Arduino kit to build circuits – which is more than I expected. In just about every course there is a live lecture to attend weekly via video. This makes me feel like I’m a part of the school and allows me to have my questions answered. DeVry’s professors have office hours where you can contact them through video chat and work on any problem you may be experiencing. There are “homework huddles” which is a designated time where I can log in on video and work through problems with my classmates or a professor.

DeVry has interactive lessons which are a great help for me to retain the information I am being taught. There is so much more, I only mentioned a few things that stand out to me at DeVry. I’m very happy that I chose DeVry University, and I would recommend DeVry to anyone looking to learn, participate, and be engaged in their learning experiences. Great job DeVry for setting high standards!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I chose DeVry University because it is a name that makes me feel safe and because of their stellar reputation. What I got was a whole lot more! I was experiencing homelessness when I enrolled at DeVry, determined to change my living situation because I knew that I would not get a different result if I stayed the same. While I was enrolling the courteous staff walked me through everything I needed to do to get enrolled. But they didn't stop there. While I was maybe a couple weeks into my first classes my car was stolen and everything I owned was inside of it. I was left with nothing except the clothes on my back and my service animal. No IDs no clothes, hygiene, blankets I had nothing since I had been living in my car.

I contacted my admissions counselor and she immediately gave me resources to help me through this difficult time and even my professors worked with me in allowing a couple late assignments. They take the time to let you know personally that you are doing a good job and they offer one on one tutoring to help you if you are having some struggles. This is an awesome school!

DeVry University response

Thank you for letting us be a part of your journey.

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I’m a nurse of more than 25 years and had been looking to supplement my career with some certifications. I’d been doing some researches online for quite some time for colleges with great reviews and what I was looking for. Nothing seemed to be working out. Eventually, I came across a few reviews on DeVry University. I dug in a little bit more and when I knew it I was receiving a call from them. I told them what my situation was, what I could afford, what I wanted, and the advisor and financial services department spent about 2 hours on the phone with me or so that day.

When I got off the phone, I was enrolled, my FAFSA had already been completed, and I was just awaiting the normal processing of everything to go through. When I say excellent choice, I mean it in every sense of the word. The professors are very attentive and the online classes are very interactive with weekly Webex classes. You also get to interact and respond to your peers posts weekly. Everyone posts a bio the first week so we get to know one another personally from all over the country as well as our professor. The professors have flexible office hours and some will even share their cell phone number for emergencies. DeVry has been an excellent choice. They even helped me find grants to cover financial aid. It’s definitely worth the try!!!

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I'm, 47 years old from Japan (19 years); a new US resident, starting over, with nothing invested yet for a future here, and cannot work strenuous physical labor anymore. I have a BSN-RN degree from '94 but was not my choice or dream. I've always wanted to be a Computer Specialist since I was 10. For a year, I compared schools, boot camps, curriculums, evaluated finances, and used these as my gauge to find the right school that would fit my needs and works with the demands of my life situation, and work. I am blessed to have found Devry University. The Advisers took away my fear regarding financing and guided me towards making it possible, doable. Best Decision I ever made! I love the curriculum-the ladder- the progressive pathway towards mastery and onto finding one's place in the field someday.

Education is expensive so we are guided to find out what we really want, what we are good at, and where we really want to see ourselves someday without waste of years and money. I am proud of the standard, the power pack of Professors/Educators/Advisers, the Support in terms of Community, personal life struggles, counseling, support among classmates, amazing learning resources all available, and how the career pathway is made easy to journey into. For someone like me who's still overcoming life challenges, God my ultimate source of hope and motivation brought Devry as another source of light at the end of the tunnel I am walking through. It's not just a small part but a huge portion of my life right now. With my due diligence, perseverance and discipline, I know Devry will be my partner for a great future for myself and family.

DeVry University response

Thank you for let us be part of you DeVry journey!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I come from a long history with DeVry. I first attended DeVry in 1987 through 1990, onsite in Phoenix Arizona. I graduated with a Bachelors in Electronic Engineering Technology (EET). The degree provided me with a 31-year job as a Field Engineer in Semiconductor manufacturing, an excellent career! I returned to DeVry six years ago completing a second Bachelors in Computer Information Systems (CIS), and I’m currently working on a Master's in Information Technology Management (Keller).

These last two degrees were online. DeVry’s online school is very flexible and perfect for the busy life. But... it requires self-motivation and a commitment to one’s own learning. DeVry wants you to succeed and they provide a lot of tools to help you succeed. But… if you like to skate and have poor study skills then online school might not be for you. I know students who graduated but didn't learn much. They did enough to pass but not enough to become sharp. These are the DeVry graduates who complain about not learning. DeVry teaches professionals and they treat you like one, they don't babysit.

We are a DeVry family, I have one daughter who received a Bachelors in Nursing and has done very well for herself; received a great nursing job before she graduated. I have another daughter who just received a Bachelors in CIS - Cyber Security and received a great Cyber Security job. I have a son who started a degree in EET, became a Marine, and is now switching over to CIS.

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your DeVry story, Todd.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I contact DeVry University to see how much more I needed to get my bachelor's degree. I emailed Melissa ** my 2 transcripts. She kept in contact with me. I received my Devry transcript evaluation and found out I only need a little over a year to complete my bachelor's degree. She is a friendly and on top advisor.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

To start, I would like to say that I'm going back. I was nervous going back to school after so, so many years, but I digress. From admissions, to the professors, the experiences I've already had are ones of surprise and gratitude. There are so many resources and opportunities for learning and getting help if you're struggling. The professors are always available and responsive along with the tutors who can get you through any problems on-the-spot. The that I find here at Devry is that they want you to learn and succeed and that's exactly what you need whether you are a recently graduating High School Student, or someone who wanted to go back to school to enhance their future... I've been an online student and somehow I do feel like Devry is right there with me. Thank you, and good luck!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

At first, I chose DeVry for it being a well-known school. Then I started my first semester. The teachers are GREAT!! The teachers are always making sure that you try to have your homework turned in on time. The live class discussions are a good way to teach, showing how to do the end-of-week projects and the teachers can also help with anything that a student might be having trouble with. Career services offer a lot of helpful services for students. I highly recommend DeVry as a college for people to go to. Online or In-person or Both. Thank you for accepting me at your college DeVry.

DeVry University response

We're happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for letting us be a part of your academic journey, Christopher!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Accepted VRRAP for veterans and got me signed up and taking classes. I had not been in school for about 6 yrs and Devry made it easy to transfer credits and help me find the classes necessary to fulfill the requirements for the Cyber Security Certificate.

DeVry University response

We are delighted that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I started DeVry later in life so I wasn't fresh out of school. I was worried at first that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the flow of things, keeping up with my full time job, taking care of my family and everything life has to throw at you. DeVry is very good at making me feel comfortable and knowing that I have readily available resources.

DeVry University response

We are excited to help you advance your ambitions, Whitney. Thank you for the review!

DeVry University author review by Jessica Render

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Nationally Accredited Programs: DeVry is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The University's Keller School of Management is also included in this accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• Tuition Assistance and Financial Aid: DeVry's student support advisors are able to guide students through the range of financial aid and cost-saving options that they may qualify for, including scholarships, grants, federal financial aid and more.

• Flexible Learning Options: DeVry offers convenient eight-week sessions and full- and part-time schedule options. Students also have the option of both hybrid and online classes to suit their preferred learning style.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

DeVry University Company Information