2. Education
  3. Online Colleges

4.9/5 (40 ratings)

About DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Visit our website to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.

DeVry University Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: May 20, 2021

My Reason and Motivation for attending "DeVry University" in "2021." I am currently enrolled at DeVry University and it has been a great deal of motivating myself and others about shooting for the stars. I am so glad that I have come this far, during the Covid-19 pandemic and staying inspired to help others, in all the ways that I can. I have a voice that is unbelievable when it comes to the truth and the world. I am stating that right now is the perfect time to motivate yourself to push forward in getting the right skillsets, in order to survive a nation that is on your side!

It is also great that during these times of change, that you are able to have the privacy of completing your educational program online, in the comfort of your own home! It is just the way we will have to live in the future! I am glad to be to share my experience and story of "motivating yourself to make a better life, making the right choices during all times, especially these new ones! So, if you want to make your current future a lot brighter and better living conditions in the near future, all you have to is try, and you'll see the difference in yourself! Embrace Yourself with new knowledge and courage! Congratulations if you have read this comment and review! Why don't you get started today, right away, and save your life!

Original review: May 9, 2021

I am currently enrolled at DeVry University and so far it's been a wonderful experience. I've learned quite a bit and the faculty and staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They go over and above to make sure you're getting the most benefit from your college experience, from the financial aspect to the classroom, they help with everything. The professors reach out to the students individually to make sure they're understanding the material and to see if they need any help. They have a wide selection of programs in which you can study and earn different levels of degrees. DeVry also offers several other resources to help if and when you need it such as Tutor.com and ASPIRE, which is an organization that helps with personal issues. Bottomline is DeVry is a wonderful school with topnotch faculty and staff, that offers many different programs and help options should the need arise.

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you for sharing your DeVry Journey.

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2021

As an older student trying to learn a new profession, going back to college is difficult. But it is even more difficult when the college staff, including the instructors, doesn't seem to care whether you succeed or not. In the past 8 years I have attended 4 different colleges, 2 on campus and 2 online, and DeVry University is the first one that actually cares about my success! My student advisor is frequently calling to see how classes are going, ask if there is anything that I need help with, and give me encouragement.

Whenever I call with a question, I'm answered by a friendly voice ready to answer, or find out the answer to help me. And the instructors are available to help with any problems regarding the schoolwork, and truly want their students to understand the lessons. I've never seen so many opportunities to join with and discuss different classes with your peers, and student that have already taken them, and are willing to help the others. The library, with so many peer-reviewed articles and journals, helps tremendously with my classes and is a wonderful source of information. And when I complete my studies, there is even HireDeVry to help get me placed in job focused on my area on studies.

I am very impressed with all that DeVry has to offer, all the help to help you complete your education, and the assistance to find that career job! There are even services to help one with their daily issues. What more could one ask from a university than to be behind their students 100% in getting that life-changing education? DeVry University is there for you through the whole journey.

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had been wanting to go back to school for a while. But, I was afraid. I'm older, I've been out of school for over 10 years, money, and time. But, providing a better future for my little one and myself was something that I was determined to do. So, I started looking online and putting myself out there for schools to contact me. It was awful! Every school that called sounded so robotic, instantly going into money, never taking a breath from their script, there was no concern about me or my future. I was ready to quit answering my phone. I am very happy that I didn't give up, DeVry University called and it was exactly what I needed. A person on the other line that actually paid attention to what I had actually enter into the computer. Someone who cared about my future, my daughter's future, and my future career. I felt like I was talking to a friend, someone I could trust.

I am now enrolled at DeVry University and entering my second session. It was tough at first, trying to get a schedule down and figure out work, family, kids after school activities, school! But, DeVry offers so many tools to help with any situation! I have the best school advisor, the professors are amazing, understanding, FREE tutoring for you, that works around your schedule. Financial aid, loans, grants, I can, and want to go on. But, all I can say and highly suggest is, if you are looking to go back to school DeVry University is the best way to go. I am very thankful for DeVry University.

DeVry University response

Taking that first step is always a challenge. We're pleased that our advisors were able to make it a little easier!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have been attending DeVry for a little while now and when I first started I was enrolled in the Business Management program. I did pretty good the first few months but after that I started to slip a little and this was noticed especially by my student advisor Jennifer **. When she realized that I was slipping and that it would be a possibility that I would fail school she met with me and asked me very politely if there was anything that I was anything that I was interested in. Well, all my life I had spent it taking care of my family so I decided to enroll in the Medical Billing Coding Program and so far I am doing great.

Jennifer has encouraged me to strive for the goals that I seek for myself and my boyfriend has been a big supporter to as I am being a big supporter to him to and the biggest supporter I have right now would be my son who I raised all by myself. Right now, while attending school I am caring for my mom and being supportive to my son who is also in college and yes I am one proud mother.

Those thinking about attending school DeVry has some great programs and wonderful student advisors that get you on the right path to a rewarding career. They also have wonderful professors that actual will take the time to sit down and actually explain the things to you and they use language you can understand. As a student of DeVry university I highly recommend this school not because of the programs but because the way you are treated from the very second you walk in the door. For the future students of DeVry University I wish you the best of luck in all of your adventures and remember keep reaching for the stars and reaching for the goals that may seem impossible but there is always that someone that believes in you out there. Deborah **

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your experience Deborah!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

So I have been on the phone, doing chats online as well as emailing every person I could find on their website to get my issue escalated. Basically, they kept saying that I was never going to get financial aid to pay tuition because I was missing the Letter of Intent form that was never submitted. I managed to find on their own portal where that form was not only submitted but they updated to say processed correctly and completely. When I mentioned the form was turned in so FAFSA should have paid tuition, the excuse became I wasn't enrolled for at least 6 credits so I was never going to get FAFSA to take care of tuition and it had to be out of pocket. Their own portal shows I was registered for 7.

No matter how many times and which way I communicated, they all absolutely refused to let me speak to a supervisor or manager regarding anything. I asked everyone's title that I spoke to and every one said they were a Student Support Advisor and would not let me speak to anyone higher. I managed to get online and find a phone number for the financial aid department but it asked me to leave a message which I did and no one called back. It seems to be a dead number that is not even attended to.

Every person also said I needed to pay the $875 to the collection agency and kept giving me their phone number. I will not call the collection company and verify anything over the phone or try to make payment arrangements for a debt I'm not supposed to owe. The school knows this and keeps giving excuses why tuition was never going to be paid. I'm afraid this will hit my credit next month or so and I have so much evidence that this should have been paid but wasn't.

DeVry University response

Hi Tiffany- Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We've just sent you a private message.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

DeVry University has made it easy for me to get my degree. I work 48 + hours a week and the online classes provide me the ability to still get a degree. There are weekly deadlines that need to be met, but you are given all week to meet them. You are able to work on assignments on your schedule. They offer free tutoring and are with you every step of the way. They are a message or phone call away with a friendly voice on the other end no matter your question. There is no rushing. They take the time and focus on you.

This is the end of my second year and will probably keep going for my bachelor's. It took me over a year to find the right school for me. DeVry was my last call. Rob was very informative and interested in knowing what exactly I was intending to get out of higher education and helped me get started. I did nothing except sign when needed, or fill out what he couldn't. I could go on and on. I would recommend DeVry to anyone wanting to get a degree.

DeVry University response

Thank you for letting us be part of your academic journey!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

It was easy to enroll and easy to navigate the website for my classes. If I have any issues they try to get them fixed as soon as possible. The professors are are easy to access and very helpful. I am having a good time doing my classes.

DeVry University response

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Always helpful with every process whether it's the admissions, financial aid, or even applying for grants/scholarships that I may qualify for and how much everything is going to cost in order to get the degree that I am pursuing to achieve in life.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Once I made the decision to go back to school, I completed the online application and I was contacted shortly afterward to speak with Admissions. I was guided on what the next steps are in order to complete forms for student aid and various others that are required. Everything was done online. I went on from there to complete the entrance exams and again I was guided step-by-step. DeVry's exceptional staff have been very supportive and helpful the entire way. Now I'm taking classes and couldn't be happier.

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your DeVry journey with others!

DeVry University author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Nationally Accredited Programs: DeVry is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The University's Keller School of Management is also included in this accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• Tuition Assistance and Financial Aid: DeVry's student support advisors are able to guide students through the range of financial aid and cost-saving options that they may qualify for, including scholarships, grants, federal financial aid and more.

• Flexible Learning Options: DeVry offers convenient eight-week sessions and full- and part-time schedule options. Students also have the option of both hybrid and online classes to suit their preferred learning style.

DeVry University Company Information