4.7/5 (40 ratings)

About DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Visit our website to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.

DeVry University Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

To start, I would like to say that I'm going back. I was nervous going back to school after so, so many years, but I digress. From admissions, to the professors, the experiences I've already had are ones of surprise and gratitude. There are so many resources and opportunities for learning and getting help if you're struggling. The professors are always available and responsive along with the tutors who can get you through any problems on-the-spot. The that I find here at Devry is that they want you to learn and succeed and that's exactly what you need whether you are a recently graduating High School Student, or someone who wanted to go back to school to enhance their future... I've been an online student and somehow I do feel like Devry is right there with me. Thank you, and good luck!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

At first, I chose DeVry for it being a well-known school. Then I started my first semester. The teachers are GREAT!! The teachers are always making sure that you try to have your homework turned in on time. The live class discussions are a good way to teach, showing how to do the end-of-week projects and the teachers can also help with anything that a student might be having trouble with. Career services offer a lot of helpful services for students. I highly recommend DeVry as a college for people to go to. Online or In-person or Both. Thank you for accepting me at your college DeVry.

DeVry University response

We're happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for letting us be a part of your academic journey, Christopher!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Accepted VRRAP for veterans and got me signed up and taking classes. I had not been in school for about 6 yrs and Devry made it easy to transfer credits and help me find the classes necessary to fulfill the requirements for the Cyber Security Certificate.

DeVry University response

We are delighted that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I started DeVry later in life so I wasn't fresh out of school. I was worried at first that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the flow of things, keeping up with my full time job, taking care of my family and everything life has to throw at you. DeVry is very good at making me feel comfortable and knowing that I have readily available resources.

DeVry University response

We are excited to help you advance your ambitions, Whitney. Thank you for the review!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I love the freedom of being able to do my work at my own pace and the convenience of having online classes works well with having a new baby. I’m excited to start a new career path and glad I chose Devry for my first step.

DeVry University response

We are excited for you, Ashleigh. Thank you so much for the review!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

The professors at DeVry are very encouraging and are there to help when you need it. The other students are also supportive and kind. I highly recommend DeVry, if you’re online. They make the online experience worth it. :)

DeVry University response

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience, Kylie. We truly appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

My time at DeVry has been great. First of all they got me on board with a target major in mind, working with me for three weeks to figure out my benefits from my time in the service. The classes are great. They are set up for our success as students and it seems like the professors will stop at nothing for us to achieve that. I am beyond impressed with DeVry University and am doing great pursuing my degree. Bravo!

DeVry University response

We appreciate the kind words and are glad we could provide you with a positive experience!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Devry is made everything so easy from the first initial experience to picking my classes. I am so pleased with everything they have to offer and I am grateful for this experience. I won't let you guys down

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I graduated from DeVry in 1985 with a B.S. in Computer Information Systems. I was a transfer student from a top state university. The class sizes were very small compared to the huge university classes I was used to. I liked the one-on-one attention that was available due to the smaller number of students. It was not online back then. We had all-day in-person classes. I already had all the liberal arts classes and wanted to finish up quickly and get the remaining computer courses I needed, so I chose to go to DeVry to finish up. I had 2 job offers within a month of graduation. I just retired from one of the top software companies in the US after 35 years there making well into the six figures. I was pleased with the education I got at DeVry. I cannot speak for the university today, but back then, it was a good place for me to finish my education.

DeVry University response

Hi Pamela- Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We truly appreciate it!

Original review: July 25, 2022

I came to DeVry only because I was granted a scholarship and I had a military discount which was supposed to make my tuition free. I started the semester and was told to wait for my scholarship to clear in my account because it takes time. Fast forward to the end of the semester and I have a $1300 bill from them. I call them AGAIN and they tell me I was denied the scholarship because I am military affiliated. They never sent me a notice, never called me, never made any attempt to communicate with me. They swindled me out of my money. And, I found out later that the classes that I took are not even transferable credits. Don’t waste your time or money with them!!

DeVry University response

Hi Elisha- We're sorry to hear about your experience. We've just sent you a private message.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Melissa **. This lady is the reason I am where I am, due to her kindness and caring heart. I have never been taken care of like she has helped me out in my academic career. I was a confused Community College student 2 weeks ago, and now I can say I am one year away from Accomplishing my dreams. All due to Melissa **.

DeVry University response

We understand how important higher education is for our students and are happy our advisors and faculty could support you as you pursue your academic goals.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Hard workers, always check up on you and your classes. They are almost always free to call. The professors reply to emails in a day. They also helped a lot with my VA documents. I got my GI bill as soon as the first payment was due.

DeVry University response

Advancing your education is a powerful way to open new doors. We're happy we could help support you on your journey.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Melissa ** has been the best when it comes to me registering. She has helped me every step of the way and showed outstanding customer service skills. She is wonder to work with during my admissions process. Always respond to me when help is needed and is very helpful. Great Job Melissa!

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you for sharing.

Original review: April 23, 2022

DeVry University is more of a scam artist than focusing on your education. My mother was sick and I had to withdraw from my classes. I withdrew in time according to the policy, but was still charged a prorated amount, resource fees, book fees, student resource fee, and another fee that was dated for July 2017, which I didn’t attend the school at that time.

They really do just give you A’s. Basically they are stealing your money and just passing you along to keep taking your money. Once you leave they will hit you with a lot more charges. Please do not be fooled by the fluff. I did my research and DeVry is known for overcharging students and lying about their retention rates. President Biden ended up paying a lot of students for this scandal. Do your research. This school has just found a better way to hide their scams by creating nonsense policies.

DeVry University response

Hi Megan- We're sorry to hear about your experience. We've just sent you a private message.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I am a 37 year old professional who wasn't getting where I wanted to be in my career. I had been told I needed a degree to go further. So I researched schools and DeVry came up as a university that my company gave tuition reimbursement for. So I called them up and had a long chat with the advisor. He was wonderful. He answered all my questions. He was patient and kind. I never once felt pressured into applying for school. I did however apply and it's the greatest decision I've made. The classes are faced paced but the way its designed, they are easy to follow. I haven't had a professor or spoken to an advisor who wasn't 100% on board with helping me reach my goals! I am so thankful I chose DeVry for continuing my education.

DeVry University response

Our goal is to help our students get to where they want to go! We're happy we could support you on your journey.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I love Devry University. The instructors are amazing, they get you ready for the real world. I have learned a lot about myself, and achieved so much since I started at Devry. They want you to succeed.

DeVry University response

We love our instructors too! Thanks for the review, Brandi.

Original review: April 22, 2022

My experience with DeVry University has changed my life. I am receiving an exceptional education that will set me apart from others in the job market. The professors and student support staff have been wonderful!

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear! Congratulations on making Dean's List, Dawn.

Original review: April 15, 2022

DeVry has by far exceeded my expectations. I have been out of High School for over 35 years and was very nervous about attending college at this stage of my life. I attend DeVry online. All of the people I have been in contact with since I started my Program last July, have been very supportive. Around every corner there is a staff member that will help you through anything needed (Professors, tutors, librarians, financial aid, career support), to name a few. The courses are laid out very well and easy to follow. If you are looking for a Medical Billing and Coding Program, or any program, I highly suggest checking out DeVry University.

DeVry University response

This is wonderful to hear! Thank you for your kind review.

Original review: April 12, 2022

They take care of you beautiful here at DeVry. My professor support me in every question I ask. They had an answer. I'm now convinced that I can take and pass the certification at the end of the course.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I began in 2018, the advisor was absolutely amazing. The process was easy and they truly care about your success. I decided to obtain a BA and I get to walk the stage in June! I'm now working on my MBA! The entire team has been there every step of the way. The support they offer to help you achieve your goals is inspiring, I gained so much more confidence in myself. I never thought I'd be where I am today, I'm grateful for DeVry and its staff. Truly life changing for my family and I.

DeVry University response

Thank you for letting us be a part of your academic journey!

Original review: April 11, 2022

For me I was having problems in one my class. Where one of the programs I was using stop working. And I had one professor that took the time to make sure that the program was running great and that I was back on the right track.

DeVry University response

We're happy to hear our faculty were there to support you!

Original review: April 11, 2022

Great school that provide in-depth learning. Numerous resources, as well as videos to help with all your classes. This school will make the courses easy and help you relax and enjoy your learning experience.

DeVry University response

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: April 11, 2022

I started at DeVry with the intention to get my bachelor's degree in a management field with a specialization in Finance. From day one the student advisors keep in touch with you and make sure everything is smooth from the registration to simply attending your classes. I worked full time retail and wanted a job as a Financial Analyst. After 2 years, some help from career services and thanks to my degree I got just the job I wanted. They do their part at the University and get you set up for a new career path. The rest is the work and effort of the student themselves!

DeVry University response

Yay! We're happy we could help you accomplish your goal.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I picked DeVry because they were doing online instruction before Covid-19. This was the right choice. The instruction is great!!!! I like the pace at which the instruction is delivered. I also like the eight week class structure. I have also met some very prominent instructors that were more than qualified and delivered some great instruction.

DeVry University response

We understand how important online learning is for our students and are happy to hear you had a positive experience!

Original review: March 10, 2022

I started at Devry in October 2021, as I write this I have withdrawn and am looking to transfer. First the positives. The Devry Portal always worked and was easy to navigate. The Staff was helpful, but I will say when I was signing up they called so much it was borderline harassment. The Negatives. All of the learning platforms that connected through the portal were very glitchy. Devry is expensive for what you get. I did feel, as many others that A's were handed out. I tested this by turning in a junk paper and received 100% on it. On the live assignments, the teacher frequently did not understand the assignment and was walked through it by a student. I would not recommend Devry for anyone serious about learning and being prepared for your career. If you want easy A's, it is the place for you.

DeVry University response

We're sorry to hear about your experience, Eric. We've just sent you a private message.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

In CEIS 101 I learn how to build a smart home security system. I have fun building the smart home security system while I face the challenge along the way. In the discussion question, I learn about the 5G network, computing, and VPN service. There are weekly class recording links that were helpful for me to comprehend this course. The Professor at DeVry University is very helpful, friendly, and understanding. I think you should take the time to look into this school where every career you planned on doing is worth the time.

DeVry University response

Thank you for choosing DeVry to further your academic goals!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Melissa has been a huge help with my enrollment process. Answering all my questions and making me feel really good about my decision to attend Devry University. I’m very excited to begin my next chapter and Melissa made me feel like I have all the support I’ll need during my time enrolled with Devry.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I am a truck driver that is looking to go back to school. I had several other schools I was interest in however once I spoke to Susan with Devry I was immediately sold on the programs and information she provided.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Considering DeVry is a great opportunity for me because they have all what it takes to achieve. Starting from the non-academic staffs to the main academic staffs are all nice people, and they are always ready to assist. The most importance experience is, they have the latest technology resources to learn, and it is a great opportunity to acquire all these skills with competent lecturers. Engaging in DeVry really worth it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

My experience at DeVry Keller School of Management has been nothing less than excellent. Looking for a place to expand and develop your intellectual abilities, you have chosen correctly. Try DeVry today for a better tomorrow!

DeVry University response

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you for your kind words.

DeVry University Company Information