Online learning at it's best

Find your course
  2. Education
  3. Online Colleges

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.26/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Read DeVry University Accounting reviews to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

DeVry University Reviews

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have been to a few different schools and only completed an Associate's Degree. I was very excited to finally pursue schooling that would help my career. My excitement turned to disappointment and frustration by my 3rd class at DeVry. It is one thing to be expected to learn exclusively from a textbook, but to have instructors that are only able to read from a script and unable to explain the material makes learning near impossible. Each class followed a similar weekly format. One part was an hour-long lecture. This lecture was always a PowerPoint that instructors simply read from. I believe they were made from standardized material. It did not always seem like the instructor even understood what they were reciting. One instructor could not pronounce any of the medical terminology on the slides throughout the course.

Most of the learning was expected to come from reading the textbooks. Other than the lecture, the only correspondence with the instructor was if students initiated through email. I quickly came to the conclusion that while the instructors might be good people, they were ill-equipped to teach so many students with the resources they had. The assignments every week came from standardized course design and so instructors had little control. This meant that grading was also standardized and instructors could not always explain the answers. The final review course did not even provide the answers to the graded assignments for fear of plagiarism.

About halfway through the past year, an instructor advised that I should email the dean of the department for the correct answer to an assignment because they could not explain it. The explanation I got was that the answer was simply the answer and then he stopped responding. This is when I gave up on DeVry. Now it might seem like I'm a bitter failing student, but that is only half correct. I have maintained a 4.0 throughout the curriculum (although that does not include the final review course that concludes this week). However, I am keenly aware that my grades do not accurately reflect my knowledge. I am especially nervous to sit for the national certification exam without the availability of a computer. Not only has DeVry done a horrible job of imparting knowledge, but they have also forced reliance on the internet. I am going to have to do a lot more all on my own in order to pass the certification exam.

If I could choose to do this over I would. DeVry seemed attractive because of the fancy marketing material and attention from their sales team, but the actual product is an expensive dud. In hindsight, working less in order to fit in live courses at a nonprofit school would have been worth it. I had originally assumed DeVry was doing its best. Now I believe they follow a business model that isn't too dissimilar from any other greedy business. They push for greater and greater profit margins until consumers take notice and stop buying. I really hope consumers take notice soon.

Original review: April 14, 2019

DeVry University has been wonderful in helping me want to learn again. The professors are amazing and always willing to help should you have troubles or questions. Professor ** in Math103 has been the best professor I have had so far.

Original review: March 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that I learned so much from. I feel my confidence was boosted as I always thought these skills were beyond my understanding. I can't say enough good things about this class! It's a must take.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

All of the MEL homework are educational. Every semester, every week, every class and every material is fill with great information. The projects are empowering and challenging. Often times depend upon the course I wish there was a part II so I can keep learning and growing intellectually.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The Teachers are amazing. I love how teachers are always checking on you and asking how you are doing and some teachers are willing to do one-on-one learning with you. The admission advisors are great with helping you pick classes. The financial aid is always helping you and sending you to people that can help even more. I am really glad that DeVry has ASPIRE for unspoken reasons.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

DeVry University has a wonderful MBC program. The professors are extremely helpful, and DeVry offers a lot of resources. I am a second time around college student, who is also a parent, DeVry has their program set up to where it is easy to find time to study and submit all assignments in a timely manner. Consider DeVry University if you're ready to ready to take that step and better your future!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I am 54 years old. I have not been to school since 1993 and I did not realize the value and education. The experience I have had in the DeVry has changed my view and I am excited to learn and progress in the program. The Introduction to Business and Critical Thinking and problem-solving classes have been a good experience to learn more about myself and gave me a direction to improve my life.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I am enjoying mentorship from one of the best at DeVry. I have not had a one on one mentor as I have received from DeVry/Keller Graduate School of Management. I suggest students as well as incoming or prospective students trying to get into the institution should take advantage of a mentor, which would allow them to achieve their long-term goal.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

DeVry and its Keller Graduate School of Management gave me an experience like no other. Its intriguing duality in the system of learning makes it exciting and educating. From real life examples, to solving business issues and thinking like a future manager.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Admissions personnel have been very helpful right from the start. Student services and career services also very helpful, maintain good line of communication. Professors are very competent, interactive and offer very good guidance to students. Most of the professors listen to our concerns and administrators that I have dealt with throughout offered good advice. Have had good rapport with administrative member Mr. Greg ** who offered invaluable help when I needed it during some very difficult experiences. Student advisors for the most part courteous and helpful as well.

DeVry University Company Information