University of Arizona Global Campus

Formerly Ashford University

4.5/5 (177 ratings)
The University of Arizona Global Campus

About The University of Arizona Global Campus

The University of Arizona Global Campus is an accredited online university offering 60+ associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.

Pros

• Variety of degrees
  • 90 credit transfers
  • Accredited
  • Military grants

Cons

• Limited resources
  • No on-site program

Bottom Line

With a wide variety of degree options and no set class schedules, Ashford University offers flexibility for nontraditional students. Although resources are limited, grants and transfer options help make it more affordable.

Top University of Arizona Global Campus Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about University of Arizona Global Campus?

Verified

The curriculum from Ashford University was tailored to what I was looking for. And their classes were a little bit more condensed. ... As long as you do what you're supposed to do...

Verified

Thank you Ashford for offering those wonderful scholarships because school is something very important ... So it's amazing that they not only partner with various companies who ar...

What is Ashford University?

Ashford University is an accredited, for-profit university that offers more than 60 academic degrees. All Ashford University degrees are completed through its online platform, which allows students to log in at any time and not just during normal school hours.

Students communicate with instructors and peers through discussion boards, submit assignments through portals and access a full range of digital materials designed to make the learning experience as impactful and straightforward as possible. Courses last between five and six weeks.

While some online schools don’t allow students to transfer their credits, Ashford allows a maximum transfer of 90 Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts credit transfers to help make learning more affordable and personalized. This includes nontraditional credits, including ones earned through the military, vocational training or professional experience.

Ashford University’s master’s programs do not require students to take the GMAT or GRE, which makes the application process easier.

Ashford University degrees

Ashford University’s online degrees are designed for any skill set or career goal. Bachelor’s degrees are available in some of the most in-demand fields, including health care, information management, education and business administration.

Ashford University masterj's degree programs include health care administration, psychology, human resource management, criminal justice, finance and more. It offers doctoral degrees in psychology, philosophy in education, philosophy in human services and philosophy in organizational development and leadership.

With the Ashford University degree finder, students can find options based on their desired career path. For example, students who say they want to “explore something new” are matched with degree options like instructional design, child development or business information systems based on their previous experience.

Ashford University tuition

Ashford University’s tuition varies by degree. For students pursuing an undergraduate degree, the cost is $510 per credit, plus a $115 technology fee per course. For reference, it takes a minimum of 120 credits to graduate with a bachelor’s degree, which would add up to around $61,200 plus fees for students who take all their courses online through Ashford.

Ashford University master’s programs cost between $635 and $740 per credit, and doctoral degrees cost $1,082 per credit, plus a $145 technology fee per course. The doctoral program also requires three in-residence workshops, with a cost of $500 per workshop, and a $500 Dissertation/Applied Doctoral Project Support fee.

Ashford University offers a variety of scholarships and grants for eligible students, including business school scholarships, teacher scholarships, grants for registered nurses and more.

Ashford University FAQ

Is Ashford University accredited?
Yes. Ashford University is regionally accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Regional accreditation means that more credit transfers are allowed than with national accreditation.
Where is Ashford University?
Ashford University is located in San Diego, California.
Is Ashford University a good school?
Yes, Ashford University is a good school for students who want a nontraditional learning experience from an accredited university.
Is Ashford University for profit?
Yes, Ashford University is for profit.
How much does Ashford University cost?
It depends on the degree program. Undergraduate degree programs cost $510 per credit, master’s degree programs cost between $635 and $740 per credit, and doctoral programs cost $1,082 per credit. These programs also include a technology fee per course, between $115 and $145, and other additional costs, including fees for workshops, books, diplomas and more.
Does Ashford University offer laptops?
No, Ashford University does not offer laptops for students.

Is Ashford University legit?

For nontraditional students who want a flexible learning experience, Ashford University is a great option. While the community may not be as robust as some other universities, there are a wide variety of Ashford University degrees available and classes can be taken at any time, anywhere. And, based on the national cost per credit hour average of $594, Ashford University offers a fair price on its accredited degrees.

University of Arizona Global Campus Reviews

Original review: April 24, 2022

I'm very happy with the level of service from the university. When I had first started, Ashford told me because I already had my Master’s, that it would only take a year. And when it came down after I had enrolled, they said, “Oh, no. It’s only three classes.” But I continued on. I looked at the bigger picture, that in a year and a half, I could get my second Master’s. And that’s what I did.

My company paid for the Master’s. I was the first one that joined, and I had a bunch of people in my department join and do it. One person graduated in October. Another one is finishing her University of Arizona soon. HR came up to me and said, “Why is the enrollment in your department higher than any other department?” So, we looked at the big picture. And at the end of the day, it was a good learning experience. I learned a lot, especially during the pandemic. I went during 2020, I finished February 1st, 2021. And I still learn a lot. It's a good proponent of education. So, this worked out well for me.

I also had my staff into make sure whatever education they could get. I always say to my co-workers, “It’s really just one summer, two summers. That it. You got a Master’s. The majority of the time, it’s the winter months, no one’s doing anything.” I told this girl we were doing nothing. We’re hibernating all winter long. What are we gonna do? And who would have known that COVID would have happened? And people were, “Oh my God, I have nothing to do.” I would say, “I got too much to do. I got school, I got this, work and everything.” At the end of it, everyone said to me, “You came out with a degree?” “Oh, yes. Exactly.” All my friends are now going. My one friend just started to go back to school. Because she said, “I should have done it.” Now, it’s hard. Everything’s starting to open up.

I had told them originally that the experience, the professors being so accommodating, especially when we went into the pandemic, because my company was transitioning to working from home. And the professor was so amazing. Even the professor, right before the final paper to be due, sent a message to my advisor and said how a good student I was during his class. That made an impact on me.

I had such a good experience. The graduation was in June 12th. University of Arizona made us feel like even though with the pandemic, we couldn’t go out there, they put the name scroll and sent it to me. They asked us to take pictures. The whole experience was amazing. Who could say that in a year and a half, you finish graduate? I graduated with my second Master’s. And I graduated the second time with honors. But this time was much harder. My staff and I were all in it together. They taught me the computer stuff that I didn't know. And we all taught each other. It was amazing that I made everybody go for it. So, I would tell it to everybody that I come in contact with. I even liked University of Arizona on LinkedIn.

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I was going for my master's, a standard MBA, but then I was able to select a specialty. I went with what I'm pursuing in my workplace, which is IT-related. The depth of the specialty could be a bit more though. You get an MBA and you've got a business degree, and after that, it's, "Where do you go?" Still, I enjoyed all of the courses. My instructors were great, until I got to the end that I came across an instructor that was a little less pleasing.

I struggled back and forth. "Okay, this is the final course. Maybe the challenge is that it's more hands-off. You're going through this to get to a point where you need to show more initiative. You don't need your hand held." I got a grade that I didn't deserve and I don't feel that things were explained very clearly, even though the instructor took the time to have a session here and there afterwards. I went to every session and that was definitely not my best experience as far as the course went. There was an interactive thing online and I was able to apply my skills. Most of the class did not successfully complete that or come ahead and have a successful business at the end. I did, and the gentleman still graded me like I didn't have knowledge.

It was a little frustrating, but I wouldn't blame the school for one instructor. I also spoke to somebody and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not there because I wasn't the only one. The rest, I really had a good experience, and I would definitely recommend University of Arizona. The curriculum is straightforward and it's time-sensitive. Each step really encourages you for the next class that I found it very welcoming for the flow of things, even though if you were able to adjust it a little. The instructors were attentive and the feedback was clear. Overall, people look around and price is a huge factor, and I really feel like I got my money's worth.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

The actual learning and the way that the classes are set up with University of Arizona is amazing. It's really cool that I am just doing one class at a time. It's a lot of paper writing for that one class, so it is more in depth with that one class, even though it's five weeks. I have a learning disability so for me, it was nice to really be able to focus on one class and have the ability to go back over and over and review the material continuously, and not have to flip my mind to another class on a different subject.

The administrative staff could use some work though. If I hadn't been on top of my stuff, there would have been things that were missed. If I had an academic leave, I was the one that was just calling and asking if they got this and that. There's no follow-up whatsoever. When I submitted my application originally, nobody really bothered to tell me that it was not done correctly until that first week of class. Then all of a sudden, I couldn't do it. But the people are nice, they just don't really do their job sometimes. It was a lot of me having to double check their work, though, which on top of having a family as well as a fulltime job and going to school fulltime, it was an aggressive kind of structure and it was frustrating.

There was a also little funny part at the end where they said I needed to pay more then they'd refund me later. I told them that that didn't make any sense. I was just going to pay them what the difference was and they could figure it out. It ended up working out at the end, but it was so dumb that they were going to send me a $3 refund check. Another thing is, the diploma says University of Arizona Global Campus and that is long in terms of putting it on a class ring or even writing it out on a resume.

Other than that, I'm very grateful for the university and from an educational standpoint, it's one of the best online schools that I've ever seen. I learned a lot and I love the professors. It was the first time I went to college where I felt like it was really impartial. Maybe that was because we were all online and nobody could really see us. But the professors were very knowledgeable.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I like Ashford's full tuition assistance. I had a lot of other financial engagements, and I thought this was a better option. That way, I would be able to accomplish my goal, which is to finish my master’s and at the same time to not be able to have to pay anything, since my company, Verizon, provided a partial tuition assistance. Ashford would be able to provide the other portion that I would need. So, that way, I don't have to pay anything. Then I decided to pursue another master’s after that because I thought it was worthwhile in order to achieve my other goal, which is to be a director. I'm pursuing the organizational leadership education now in order to achieve that goal.

The university's process was pretty simple. If I can’t reach my adviser, there are other advisers that can assist me if I have any questions. The professors are pretty reasonable answering. One of the things that I did miss was some of my classes at the beginning offered a bit more easier access to the professor because they will provide their phones and you could call and they will answer you back that same day. Now, everything is just email, and, "I will answer you in 24 hours." That is good, but sometimes you have those questions for your homework that is due and you can’t call the professor, and he may or may not check his emails as regularly as you would like.

Other than that, the staff has been very cordial and willing to help. Enrollment was easy, too. They are always willing to go above and beyond. A lot of times, when students are thinking, “This is what I want to actually pursue because I like this career, or the classes will help me achieve my goals,” I would advise them to speak with an adviser or someone that's more knowledgeable than they are, if they're not, to ensure that this is the best path. One of the things that I discovered while enrolled is that when I was pursuing my master's, I realized that there are other certifications that I can pursue that will enhance my current MBA specialization as a project manager. I did not know that and I did not ask about that. That would have been good to know. That would have been more helpful.

The master’s as a project manager is good, but in reality, I still need that certification and that would have been good to know ahead of time. I would have still taken my MBA specializing as a project manager. Where I work right now, they value more that certification rather than the specialization. So, I would advise whoever is planning to do that to ask those questions. The MBA may not be the best path or the fastest path to achieve what that person wants, but there are other courses that you can take and allow you to get that certification faster. Then you're able to continue your career path, satisfy university and the student also. I have two professors that are on my recommendation.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

University of Arizona Global Campus was Ashford at the time. I chose them because they offered me more give-back for my schooling that I already did through the military. There was no issue with if I needed to get time off or I needed to change the schedule. It was going almost immediately. There was no hemming and hawing about, "Oh, well, we can't do this because this is..." It was, "Okay, absolutely. If this is what you need done, we could do it for you."

The professors are great. It varies from class to class. There are some who seem like they're just moving through the motions. But overall, that's a handful of instructors I've had through way over 30 classes with Ashford. They do a great job working with the students. If you communicate with them, you have something going on or if there's a needed extension on an assignment, I've never had a problem working with the professors.

The only thing I had a slight issue with is, back in my bachelor's degree, I ran into two professors that were upset with my topic of choice. So, they marked down my papers based off of what I chose to write about. And when I emailed them directly about it saying, "Hey, what am I doing wrong that I'm getting marked down for my assignments?", they responded, "Oh, it's because of your viewpoints on this topic. It doesn't align with my viewpoint." Isn't that the whole point of college - to have that kind of difference in viewpoints? But that was one or two. It wasn't anything super outstanding with the organization.

Being it's an online college, I get what I put into it. I couldn't be lazy because I don't have that face-to-face interaction with the instructors. So, getting some other colleges would be one thing that might be good to look into in the future. They have that video conference, face-to-face learning experience, just to go over some of the more complex theories or the more complex subjects that we come across to make sure that there's a more deep understanding of the concepts that are trying to be taught. I actively recommend University of Arizona Global Campus when someone asks me about it. I've had a couple of friends go and sign up for the college because they knew that is where I went.

Original review: May 5, 2022

The enrollment process with Arizona Global was very easy and it was all online. There were extra layers of support of different administrators reaching out to see if I needed any assistance. The learning experience has been fantastic. It has pushed me outside my comfort zone and it's been fun to watch myself evolve. I've received my undergrad last April and then in May, I jumped right into the MBA program. So, I only have three classes left. The overall experience has been great.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Going through here was the hardest four and a half years I ever had. You don't have the resources like you do with the teacher in front of you. Also, the degree that I picked was really not a good field to get for going straight into the workforce, so I've been struggling with that. But I'm glad that I did it and it's over and I'm not doing it again. Working two jobs, it's wonderful to be able to just sit down at the computer. And I'd gotten used to as soon as I got home, I'd rest for 30 minutes and then I would be on the computer for three to four hours every night.

The only bad thing about it is it's very costly. It was 54,000 and if I had gone to TJC, it would have been about 30,000. Also, they need to have somebody specialized in Zoom that can communicate with students who might be having trouble. There were a lot of times when I would reach out to my instructor and I might not hear from them for two days. There are times that you need some one-on-one help, and you can't get it and you just gotta figure it out.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I liked that with University of Arizona, it was all online. Enrollment was the easiest experience. Also, I learned a lot. I had to learn how to do school online, because back in the day, I didn't. And University of Arizona made it very easy for me. Everything was easy. The professors were always engaging. I never had to wait for a response. And I'm an advocate for Arizona here at work now. I tell everybody it's about as easy as it gets.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Affordability was a big thing for me. That was one of the reasons, especially with the tuition assistance and the different grants that University of Arizona Global Campus offered, it made it very cost-effective for a military student. The instructors were very understanding and willing to work with military students that have very interesting schedules sometimes. All the instructors were great. The only class I could complain about is the science 207 class, but that's simply because of all the experiments and lab reports. It was a lot. Other than that, it was great. It met my needs.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I liked the online class. It was a great learning experience. Everything’s structured easy. Just develop a schedule, and that would be the easiest way to do it.

The University of Arizona Global Campus Company Information

University of Arizona Global Campus
    1918
    Formerly Named:
    Ashford University
    8620 Spectrum Center Blvd.
    San Diego