University of Arizona Global Campus

Formerly Ashford University

4.6/5 (168 ratings)
The University of Arizona Global Campus

About The University of Arizona Global Campus

The University of Arizona Global Campus is an accredited online university offering 60+ associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.

Pros

• Variety of degrees
  • 90 credit transfers
  • Accredited
  • Military grants

Cons

• Limited resources
  • No on-site program

Bottom Line

With a wide variety of degree options and no set class schedules, Ashford University offers flexibility for nontraditional students. Although resources are limited, grants and transfer options help make it more affordable.

Top University of Arizona Global Campus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about University of Arizona Global Campus?

Verified

The curriculum from Ashford University was tailored to what I was looking for. And their classes were a little bit more condensed. ... As long as you do what you're supposed to do...

Verified

Thank you Ashford for offering those wonderful scholarships because school is something very important ... So it's amazing that they not only partner with various companies who ar...

What is Ashford University?

Ashford University is an accredited, for-profit university that offers more than 60 academic degrees. All Ashford University degrees are completed through its online platform, which allows students to log in at any time and not just during normal school hours.

Students communicate with instructors and peers through discussion boards, submit assignments through portals and access a full range of digital materials designed to make the learning experience as impactful and straightforward as possible. Courses last between five and six weeks.

While some online schools don’t allow students to transfer their credits, Ashford allows a maximum transfer of 90 Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts credit transfers to help make learning more affordable and personalized. This includes nontraditional credits, including ones earned through the military, vocational training or professional experience.

Ashford University’s master’s programs do not require students to take the GMAT or GRE, which makes the application process easier.

Ashford University degrees

Ashford University’s online degrees are designed for any skill set or career goal. Bachelor’s degrees are available in some of the most in-demand fields, including health care, information management, education and business administration.

Ashford University masterj's degree programs include health care administration, psychology, human resource management, criminal justice, finance and more. It offers doctoral degrees in psychology, philosophy in education, philosophy in human services and philosophy in organizational development and leadership.

With the Ashford University degree finder, students can find options based on their desired career path. For example, students who say they want to “explore something new” are matched with degree options like instructional design, child development or business information systems based on their previous experience.

Ashford University tuition

Ashford University’s tuition varies by degree. For students pursuing an undergraduate degree, the cost is $510 per credit, plus a $115 technology fee per course. For reference, it takes a minimum of 120 credits to graduate with a bachelor’s degree, which would add up to around $61,200 plus fees for students who take all their courses online through Ashford.

Ashford University master’s programs cost between $635 and $740 per credit, and doctoral degrees cost $1,082 per credit, plus a $145 technology fee per course. The doctoral program also requires three in-residence workshops, with a cost of $500 per workshop, and a $500 Dissertation/Applied Doctoral Project Support fee.

Ashford University offers a variety of scholarships and grants for eligible students, including business school scholarships, teacher scholarships, grants for registered nurses and more.

Ashford University FAQ

Is Ashford University accredited?
Yes. Ashford University is regionally accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Regional accreditation means that more credit transfers are allowed than with national accreditation.
Where is Ashford University?
Ashford University is located in San Diego, California.
Is Ashford University a good school?
Yes, Ashford University is a good school for students who want a nontraditional learning experience from an accredited university.
Is Ashford University for profit?
Yes, Ashford University is for profit.
How much does Ashford University cost?
It depends on the degree program. Undergraduate degree programs cost $510 per credit, master’s degree programs cost between $635 and $740 per credit, and doctoral programs cost $1,082 per credit. These programs also include a technology fee per course, between $115 and $145, and other additional costs, including fees for workshops, books, diplomas and more.
Does Ashford University offer laptops?
No, Ashford University does not offer laptops for students.

Is Ashford University legit?

For nontraditional students who want a flexible learning experience, Ashford University is a great option. While the community may not be as robust as some other universities, there are a wide variety of Ashford University degrees available and classes can be taken at any time, anywhere. And, based on the national cost per credit hour average of $594, Ashford University offers a fair price on its accredited degrees.

University of Arizona Global Campus Reviews

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

My student advisor had been excellent from the very beginning, walking me through because I was scared out of my mind to start back to college. She became a very good friend by the end, supporting me through some personal stuff that I was going through. The classes themselves were very easy to log in to. It was a bit of a challenge to learn and basically what I was doing. But once you got the hang of it, especially after the first course or two, it was boom, you get up, you create your own rhythm, your own schedule of “Here's what I could expect of myself for today”.

A lot of the professors were magnificent. Most of the coursework was extremely challenging. But I liked that, because it felt like I was getting my money's worth. The University's library was heaven sent to me. I would take whatever was expected for a paper that I had to write or whatever work I had to do and go, "Well, that's interesting. But let's see what the library's got." I dive in and I would crank out above and beyond what the professor would want from me in that particular assignment. So I got way more out of it. I enjoyed all of that part.

Most of my peers in the class were really great. When we would turn in our assignments that were submitted for the entire class, and everybody could comment on it, it was collegiate for the most part. There were very good conversations back and forth so that we could each learn. One of the things that I truly enjoyed about the classroom experiences was that because of my age, I would have all this information plus experiences that some of the stuff that we were learning in the classroom. I was there when the space shuttle launched for the first time ever, and explained when the Challenger exploded and how that affected me. That was such a cool experience to be able to share that with younger generations who were with me. I loved my experience.

Get buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

An older gentleman from Ashford called me and he was interested in trying to get me to go to Ashford. I wanted to do something with my life. The gentleman moved me over to the military adviser. The enrollment process was very easy. One of the biggest hurdles for me barring entry to applying to college was I heard a lot of horror stories about how hard it was. Being naïve and out of the game, I didn't know anything about college. I was just so confused. Fortunately, both of the academic advisors were really helpful and they didn't force me to do anything. All I needed to was fill out the forms that they would send to me. They were on the phone with me when they sent me the form. They walked me through step by step, what blocks I needed to sign, and what each block meant. They gave me the time to read if I wanted to, which I did. I could call them at any time.

I had a wonderful experience with the university. They changed my life. I focused hard on applying myself academically. During the time when it was scary because they lost the funding from the VA, the univeristy was still helpful. I was one class away from graduating and that was stressing me out. They said, "You'll finish out your semester here. And then once you're done, what you're obligated, the classes, you won't pay a dime. We already have funding ready to go.” They were very willing to work with me.

I earned my bachelor's degree recently and I was very happy about it. I'm really excited about it. This university has done right by me. Some of the academic advisors told me that it looks good to say master's degree in progress versus not having it on your resume at all. They wanted me to consider pursuing my master's in psychology because I was very interested in that. They wanted me to try to get as far as I could, pause then come back when I could.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

My company said they had this corporate grant program with the University of AZ Global and asked me to listen to the presentation. I did and thought about it for just a little bit. They were gonna pay for it all. I had to pay for it first then my company reimbursed me right away. There were a few courses that were really annoying. I knew I would have to take courses and that they were not all going to be fun. That was okay. But you take a course that was a waste of time and money that says, "These are the things that you need to do." It was one of the 100 classes and it was a nothing class.

The professors were very good. I liked the survey at the end of the class that they would not read until after I got all my grades. There were a few that were a little annoying but there was one, in particular, that was very worldly. He spent his summers in Switzerland with his three kids and he would go on and on about this when he could have just said he was going to be running a little late grading papers. All of us can't go and do all of these wonderfully worldly things. He was very knowledgeable but he was not professional. The other thing about him is he's too busy to give feedback on anything. There were a lot of papers and most of the professors gave very good feedback.

There were only five-week classes so in the second week, you would make a small paper and the professors would give you feedback on it. This was all building up to your final paper for that entire class. I could still use some of these same references and that was great. I ended up with a 3.97. My other issue was with the ethics and moral reasoning class. I am a conservative Christian and I was forced to disregard anything that I was thinking and pretend to write good papers. I quoted a simple proverb from the Bible and I had it referenced. It came back with, "Don't be quoting the Bible. Don't use the Bible. It's not a scholarly reference." I had a problem after that and that was really early on.

There was one thing that was really annoying and it took me hours up because it was always during work time that I had to deal with it. When I first started with this university, it was the end of April. I had to submit payments for each class until it added up to 5,250. When the next year started, you had to add it up to 5,250, do your reimbursements and then the rest of it would kick in. I did this three years in a row. On the second year, I found out in April that there was an overpayment.

First, they sent this big whoop dee doo thing saying I made it to the Dean's list. Two weeks later, all of my classes that had been scheduled for me disappeared. I was told it was because I haven't paid. I told them that I sent in reimbursements for last year and I started in January of the year. They said that January was still the previous academic year. They said, "Your academic year was from April through March of the next year." So first, I was overpaid then it took hours and lots of emails and more hours. It took more than a year of fighting.

When I finally got done towards the end, they said, "You need to make sure you have a zero balance or you can't graduate." They said I still owed $1,530. But I didn't. I was reprimanded. They said, "You're not supposed to do it that way. You were supposed to pay this and this and this. Now, we have to go through and itemize it." Nobody explained that the academic year started the month that you started. That was the worst.

In the end, I said, "Fine. Here's the $1,530. I just want to graduate. I'm sick and tired of this. I don't want to spend hours." They had somebody review it and eventually, they came back and said, "You're overpaid by 1,530." Most of the financial people were very nice but they were just sorting through things manually. At this age, I was keeping it on a spreadsheet and I knew what I had paid.

I completed the program on April 18. I finished three years. When I was 18, I joined the Navy because I wanted to get my education. Little by little, I did. It's taken 40 years. On the whole, there are things that can be improved upon. But I would recommend the University of AZ Global because that was the way that I finally got this goal accomplished. I told other people here at work, "Go there. But let me tell you, your academic years start whenever you started."

Original review: April 24, 2022

I'm very happy with the level of service from the university. When I had first started, Ashford told me because I already had my Master’s, that it would only take a year. And when it came down after I had enrolled, they said, “Oh, no. It’s only three classes.” But I continued on. I looked at the bigger picture, that in a year and a half, I could get my second Master’s. And that’s what I did.

My company paid for the Master’s. I was the first one that joined, and I had a bunch of people in my department join and do it. One person graduated in October. Another one is finishing her University of Arizona soon. HR came up to me and said, “Why is the enrollment in your department higher than any other department?” So, we looked at the big picture. And at the end of the day, it was a good learning experience. I learned a lot, especially during the pandemic. I went during 2020, I finished February 1st, 2021. And I still learn a lot. It's a good proponent of education. So, this worked out well for me.

I also had my staff into make sure whatever education they could get. I always say to my co-workers, “It’s really just one summer, two summers. That it. You got a Master’s. The majority of the time, it’s the winter months, no one’s doing anything.” I told this girl we were doing nothing. We’re hibernating all winter long. What are we gonna do? And who would have known that COVID would have happened? And people were, “Oh my God, I have nothing to do.” I would say, “I got too much to do. I got school, I got this, work and everything.” At the end of it, everyone said to me, “You came out with a degree?” “Oh, yes. Exactly.” All my friends are now going. My one friend just started to go back to school. Because she said, “I should have done it.” Now, it’s hard. Everything’s starting to open up.

I had told them originally that the experience, the professors being so accommodating, especially when we went into the pandemic, because my company was transitioning to working from home. And the professor was so amazing. Even the professor, right before the final paper to be due, sent a message to my advisor and said how a good student I was during his class. That made an impact on me.

I had such a good experience. The graduation was in June 12th. University of Arizona made us feel like even though with the pandemic, we couldn’t go out there, they put the name scroll and sent it to me. They asked us to take pictures. The whole experience was amazing. Who could say that in a year and a half, you finish graduate? I graduated with my second Master’s. And I graduated the second time with honors. But this time was much harder. My staff and I were all in it together. They taught me the computer stuff that I didn't know. And we all taught each other. It was amazing that I made everybody go for it. So, I would tell it to everybody that I come in contact with. I even liked University of Arizona on LinkedIn.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I was going for my master's, a standard MBA, but then I was able to select a specialty. I went with what I'm pursuing in my workplace, which is IT-related. The depth of the specialty could be a bit more though. You get an MBA and you've got a business degree, and after that, it's, "Where do you go?" Still, I enjoyed all of the courses. My instructors were great, until I got to the end that I came across an instructor that was a little less pleasing.

I struggled back and forth. "Okay, this is the final course. Maybe the challenge is that it's more hands-off. You're going through this to get to a point where you need to show more initiative. You don't need your hand held." I got a grade that I didn't deserve and I don't feel that things were explained very clearly, even though the instructor took the time to have a session here and there afterwards. I went to every session and that was definitely not my best experience as far as the course went. There was an interactive thing online and I was able to apply my skills. Most of the class did not successfully complete that or come ahead and have a successful business at the end. I did, and the gentleman still graded me like I didn't have knowledge.

It was a little frustrating, but I wouldn't blame the school for one instructor. I also spoke to somebody and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not there because I wasn't the only one. The rest, I really had a good experience, and I would definitely recommend University of Arizona. The curriculum is straightforward and it's time-sensitive. Each step really encourages you for the next class that I found it very welcoming for the flow of things, even though if you were able to adjust it a little. The instructors were attentive and the feedback was clear. Overall, people look around and price is a huge factor, and I really feel like I got my money's worth.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

I'm military, so some of the stuff were easier. It's a reduce to meet the army objective which is 250 per credit hour or 750 a class for most classes. The classes were challenging, which is good. I had a spread-out experience because I kept stopping. But University of Arizona was able to work with me.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

I've taken quite a few courses with them and for the most part, they have been pretty good courses. There were some that were a little tougher than others, though. They also seemed to be very easy to communicate with and to work with the education center on the military installation. All the information is also easily accessible from their website that is so self-explanatory. It's also interesting because you get different professors. But overall, all of the professors were really good communicators and I totally enjoyed it. I learned a lot.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

The courses were good and informative but I feel that for the route that I took, there were some things that could have been done better - more training on things like Excel. We could have been more prepared for Excel instead of throwing it at us at the end of the program. I had to figure it all out and trying to do that and doing the homework can be pretty stressful when you're not sure what you're doing. Other than that, the teachers were kind and they worked with me. Everything seemed to be fair.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Maria helped me through the whole process while on the phone with me while I logged in. Everything was fine. I had only one class a month and it was so easy. It helped so much, especially with kids. Also, Arizona Global let me take up to six-month break after I had the baby. It really helped, especially with postpartum depression and get adjusted to a new child. Another thing that helped was the fact that my husband's military, so I got my books for free.

They made sure that when I took the break that it was postponed so I wouldn’t have to pay extra. If I did have to pay extra, they calculated it for me and told me how much I would have to pay. But it's kinda harder to communicate with some teachers. Some teachers don't like to wait. I had one class with a teacher that I couldn't understand what she wanted. She wanted too much. So I switched to a different class, and then when I had to take the other class, a different teacher was teaching it. But if we don't complete the first assignment, we can always hold that class without having to pay extra and take a different class first.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

The enrollment process went really fast and easy. The person who was assigned to me was in constant communication of what I needed and how to get them. The learning experience was fast-paced but overall, it was really good. The information provided had all the essentials I needed to complete the assignment. Also, I really like the graduation piece and how it was organized. It was really well executed. I was traveling from Oklahoma and the constant communication through email was so helpful in trying to navigate a different city than I'm used to.

The University of Arizona Global Campus Company Information

University of Arizona Global Campus
    1918
    Formerly Named:
    Ashford University
    8620 Spectrum Center Blvd.
    San Diego