4.38/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 1, 2018

13 DeVry University Accounting Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 1, 2018

Great online academic courses for those who need to take classes at their own pace and time. Only thing needed for class was a laptop or computer with internet capabilities, I was well prepared and ready. Physical courses and campuses were out of reach, but the upsides in my opinion made it all worth it. The whole concept was very modern and advanced, also keeps you up to date with current times. Great interactive experience, felt very welcomed and appreciated as well. The teachers work hard to reach as many students as possible and take their assignments and lectures seriously.

Original review: April 29, 2018

DeVry is the best way in getting an education. This is the same experience you would get in classes at a physical school that you get online. It is just more cost-efficient and gives you more freedom in achieving bigger goals in life. You can take the course online and it is more convenient online it is more workable to working getting an education at school and still working at a job. This institution is perfect and I would recommend this way of learning if you want to advance.

Get expert buying tips about Online Accounting Degrees delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Devry University has a lot to offer. Lots of courses and degree programs that are being offered online. With Devry online courses you are offered tech-foward curriculum, dedicated faculity. You get lots of support anytime of the day and help is always there. That's a big plus for me. My schedule is very all over the place and I would need that support. They are very big on technology and that too is a plus.

I feel that Devry University is a good fit for me and my educational needs. My Business Management class was very effective with me in my homebased business. My business has increased a lot since I have a Business Mangement degree under my belt. Best decision I ever made. Devry University also helped some of my friends and family memebers. I signed up with this University through a friend of mine. I could understand what is being taught. I went to another online college a few years ago and felt like I was being rushed. Not a good look. Devry makes feel like I paid a great price for a great educational experience.

They have great people working with future students in what it is they would like to do in their chosen field/s. They have great customer service when speaking with them. They answer any and all questions presented to them pertaining to classes, courses, etc. Devry is a good fit for people who want to take their classes online. They don't make you feel like you have to rush into making any decisions like other Universities do. Instead you get to work at your own time.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I like how convenient that DeVry University Accounting is and how much the university is willing to work with you to make the experience as easy as they can while still providing much value. However, it would be nice if you had one contact point that you worked with from day one of the application process to when you finish up your program so it becomes much more cohesive and you aren't constantly dealing with many different people. But the program delivers on its promise of efficiency while still providing everything that you are looking for in terms of value and educational advancement and knowledge. Couldn't be a more effective and worthwhile experience. A plus for all.

Original review: April 23, 2018

DeVry University has a well made program that is able to help me out and make me feel like I am getting a good value out of the education that I am paying for. This is something that is very important for me when I am looking for an education. I have had a lot of good professors. They have helped to make this a much better experience for me because they are able to help me out whenever I needed to get a little bit of extra assistance for a class that is giving me trouble. However, the cost is something that can make me worry about the future which is something that I do not want to have to worry about.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University Accounting?

Original review: April 22, 2018

The online portal is easy to use and I am able to chat with teachers and students when needed. Completing and submitting work is simple but also have questions which remain unresolved until last minute. I wish more communication with teachers, often have more questions about assignments but almost slow response when needing answers quickly. Teachers are really helpful when it counts, just not when I need. I like the experience but feel could use some improvement with reaching someone at exact time when needed. I often fall behind on assignments and have to do much catch up in the end.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I like the class choices. It is great and I learned a lot. I loved it. I think that the things were all set in a order. I focused at school on building up my portfolio of assets and educating myself and build a network of like-minded beautiful people that love and respect each other and try to make the world a better place now and for people in the future relationships so that I can duplicate the best. I love having a great people to be around learning both online and offline and I love having information to learn and that is what this university gave me. I appreciate it. I have nothing but good things to say about the university and it was a great thing to go to the school. It was an awesome experience.

Original review: April 17, 2018

DeVry not only offers the best in accounting education, they're very driven to help each and every student succeed in every thing they're trying to achieve. I've had a very great and highly impressive time with this institute and whenever I have a problem, the staff was always there to accommodate my situation in an instant. This is a very reliable and honest institution. No other school or institution can honor this type of commitment. I'd recommend DeVry to anyone that asks.

Original review: April 16, 2018

DeVry was a very good school that is well maintained for future students. The financial assistance was also a top-notch option to choose from. The cost was a bit high for a technical school but at the end was worth it. However, more classes or more teachers could help with the overcrowding at the school. But I got what I needed from DeVry and I would recommend this school to anyone, old or young. I had a good overall experience at DeVry.

Original review: April 15, 2018

My experience with the online courses has been a great one overall. I really enjoy them and have learned a lot which help me get a good job with the career that I want and need to succeed. I like the curriculum too. I like that I can take my classes online which makes it easy for me because of my job and family life overall. I get everything that I expected out of the courses and I have the peace of mind of knowing that I can work around my schedule and still have time for me and my family without being pressured overall.

Original review: April 14, 2018

DeVry University Accounting program allows me to complete my assignments with ease at home. The website also gives me multiple notices before the assignment is actually due. I don't like the cost of the university though, but that is a common complaint that you usually get with every type of college or university. I also don't like the distance or the amount of time it takes for the college to return my calls. But my overall experience to this present day is pretty good. I really enjoy being at home and trying to finish up my schooling because I'm not really a social butterfly.

Original review: April 13, 2018

At DeVry University, there's more time saved and it's a lot more convenient. It had more communication and a lot more details very well explained. Great teamwork and very time savvy. On some of the online courses you have to try and figure out yourself to get some of the information and only some of it guides you. It would be better to have informative information on how things are displayed and should be used and where exactly to get to a specific item than to hunt for it. Also if grades were instantly graded faster than having to wait. Frequent daily updates would be nice as well.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I liked everything about DeVry University. I liked the courses and my online professors. I like the video the professor would put out and I found them to be very responsive to my questions. I love the time table, the study guides and the format the test were done in. The cost was reasonable and had multiple payment options. It is unique. I would recommend it to anyone looking to further their education online.

DeVry University Accounting expert review by ConsumerAffairs

DeVry University is an American for-profit educational company owned by DeVry Educational Group. It offers many associate's, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs, including both a Bachelor and Master in Accounting.

• Credit and course requirements: DeVry requires 124 semester-credit hours for graduation with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. Courses include intermediate accounting, auditing, federal income taxation, accounting information systems and more.

• Fixed tuition promise: DeVry promises not to increase tuition rates from the time you enroll in a program until you graduate, provided you remain eligible for enrollment and do not miss more than five consecutive sessions during your education. As of May 2017, the cost for a Bachelor in Accounting is $609 per credit hour plus books and fees, for a total of about $79,000. A Master’s in Accounting is about $2,300 per course plus fees for a total of around $24,000.

• Senior project: DeVry requires every Accounting major to complete a senior project capstone course before graduation. The project requires students to solve a real or potentially real accounting dilemma for an organization to help students put theoretical knowledge to use in real-world accounting situations.

• CPA exam prep: DeVry’s Accounting programs integrate content from Becker Professional Education, a CPA exam prep company. This helps prepare students who plan to sit for the CPA exam.

• Flexible start times: You can start a degree at DeVry when it is convenient for you instead of waiting for a traditional semester or school year to begin. Classes in all majors begin every eight weeks.

• Other Accounting program options: DeVry offers several programs related to accounting and economics in addition to the Bachelor in Accounting. You can opt for a Bachelor in Business Administration, Management or Technical Management with an Accounting Specialization. After receiving your bachelor’s degree, you can opt to continue your education with a Master’s in Accounting, Accounting and Financial Management or Business Administration with an Accounting concentration. Graduate students can also receive a certificate in Accounting or CPA Preparation.

• Best for: working professionals and those who have at least 15 hours per week to give to studies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs