4.50/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings

12 Capella Accounting Specialization Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 1, 2018

I like the online education at Capella rather than the going to college campus. It makes it easier to further my education. The college is great, it makes me feel great about completing my education.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I loved that Capella offered courses that went right into my major. I loved being able to go to class at anytime of the day or night. And I also I love that I could use my laptop to complete my homework assignments. However, the cost of the college could come down some. I would offer students free access to WiFi, so they would not have that cost be a burden. But it was a great experience. I met people from all around the country. I finished my schooling on my terms. I gathered all the information I needed to start my own business, and I was able to increase my stock.

Get expert buying tips about Online Accounting Degrees delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I like how easy and convenient it is. It was always easy to navigate the website and I always had help when needed. Capella made getting my degree possible and achievable. Everything went as planned. Capella also made it possible for me to achieve my goals and gave me the ability to work while doing so. I would recommend Capella to anyone pursuing a degree.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Excellent institution that teaches not only academic degrees but also the values of life that are very important for today's society. The courses on accounting is one of the best in the country and the professors who teach the courses are highly renowned nationally and internationally. But they could expand their offer of careers to attract the attention of other students who would not hesitate to enroll in this institution. Other than that I recommend them with my eyes closed.

Original review: April 22, 2018

This university seems intriguing. It provides a lot more discipline in the accounting standards. It also helps me to be very good and be able to further my discipline and try to get the best out of my full potential. And this school has been great. I can be able to study at my own pace and take the classes that I want to take. In addition, I am able to request a tutor to help me in my discipline to be able to get good knowledge and be able to provide the best education to get me closer to obtaining the degree. But sometimes when people graduate from this university it may not seem as credible. Sometimes some potential employers frown upon not going to a traditional school and using an online school that doesn't have great credibility.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capella Accounting Specialization?

Original review: April 18, 2018

Bachelor's courses are online, all the time, on your tablet, laptop, and even your smartphone. I can study at my own time, no deadlines to meet and they have all the tools to succeed. You can accelerate your degree by leveraging what you already know. They have a program called FlexPath. I have taken education and now working on my accounting degree. Couldn't do it without them. The website could have some more students with their stories though.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Capella allowed me to complete my degree online in my time. I was able to complete courses in the evenings, at night and over the weekend. I worked full-time and it was nice to work on my schedule. But I would improve to communication from the faculty. Sometimes the course assignments did not include all of the requirements and faculty would have to answer questions that should be covered in the assignment.

Original review: April 16, 2018

It is very easy to enroll and find the right degree online with Capella University. They are very flexible with working with me as a customer and as a student. I have really enjoyed this school because it has made me a better employee and help me achieve my goals in life which is really important to me and my family. I would recommend this to anyone that wants a better degree, wanting to better their life and financial status. The school is a little bit expensive but it is college and it is suppose to get me a better career in life. I want to make more money and have a better life that’s why I chose this school.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I absolutely loved this program. It gave me great control over my own studies in my own schedule. I am able to work and get an educational experience. But I would add more webinars because it can be difficult teaching yourself by reading. It is nice to have example videos as well. Other than that this school can be used for anyone and I would recommend this. You can work at your own pace and with it is a great program to learn on. Also it helped me to balance my financials.

Original review: April 14, 2018

The knowledge that is implemented to the students are very enriching for the development of accounting activities, they are very concerned with the learning on the part of the users, they have a completely professional and qualified staff of the accounting area, so the users culminate the program with excellent preparation. In general, I am very pleased and grateful to the professional staff. Completely satisfied with the knowledge acquired in the installation since they have served me a lot in the performance of my work, totally pleased with their professional staff who are very well qualified for the work they do, they care very much that users are instructed with the Accounting issues. But I would like the platforms to be more interactive with the users who are updating the learning model every day according to the reality that exists at that moment.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I honestly liked how simple and easy it was to set up my schedule in order to complete the class. I have taken classes at VGCC and there were some issues here and there when it came to doing assignments but overall I ended up passing them in the end. The program was good. I just had a bit of an issue with setting up my billing information. I had something happen with my bank statement at the time and it caused a bit of a conflict when it came time to pay for my class up front. In the end I settled things with my bank and ended up taking the course I needed to finish the semester off nicely. I enjoyed the experience and never had an issue with learning the material necessary because of the online tutorials and the testing setup was something I was used to as well.

Original review: April 12, 2018

It is very easy to follow the program and the study course. I can do it at my own pace when I have the time to do it and when my energy level is high enough for my work to get done. But sometimes the website locks up while I am taking lessons and I have to reboot and start over again. This is very frustrating and I know it is not my computer fault so they should look into this. Other than that I have been happy with the results and I am anticipating doing more courses and finally earning my degree. It is something I have looked forward to for a long time.

Capella Accounting Specialization expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Capella University is an online for-profit educational institution headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and operated by the Capella Education Company. It was founded in 1993 and offers 142 undergraduate and graduate degree programs with 25 certificate options, including several that focus on accounting. Capella offers a traditional enrollment plan or a faster FlexPath route to create a self-paced education. A bachelor’s degree at Capella is designed to take between 36 and 48 months to complete and costs around $24,000 to $43,500 for students completing on schedule.

• Accounting options: Capella offers two Bachelor of Science degrees with accounting specializations: an Accounting specialization and an Accounting CPA Pathway specialization. Students can also add an Accounting certificate to a Business bachelor’s degree. Each of these options can be self-paced to suit the student’s scheduling needs.

• Tuition and fees: Capella’s traditional Bachelor of Accounting program costs $340 per lower-division credit and $394 per upper-division credit, with 180 credits needed for graduation. Students may enroll in up to three courses per quarter. A Resource Fee of $150 is added every quarter.

• Save money: Capella’s FlexPath plan allows students to enroll in one or two courses simultaneously. When one course is completed, the next course can be started immediately instead of waiting for a new term. FlexPath students pay a flat fee of $2,200 per 12-week quarter. Highly motivated, full-time students can finish several courses per quarter; some students complete the four-year degree in as little as 36 months.

• High transfer credit limit: Capella may be an especially good option for students who have many transfer credits from prior college experience (such as an associate’s degree, community college experience or an unfinished bachelor’s degree from another institution). Students may transfer up to 135 qualified credits toward the accounting degree, leaving just 45 additional credits to earn for graduation.

• Accreditation: Capella University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Capella’s business programs, including its accounting degree, are further accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).

• Best for: highly motivated adult learners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs