Capella University

• 0%
  • 0%
  • 70%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capella University?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capella University?

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

It was confusion in the beginning on their part. That was a red flag. Do not attend. The cost of the MSW program is very expensive and the advising team, and instructors don't care if you fail or pass. The last instructor I had was a clear example of bad teaching.

Punctuality & SpeedProcess

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

Capella University does not ensure any form of success at the end of the dissertation journey. My dissertation committee accepted my proposal, and accepted my first three chapters. I was unable to complete the last two chapters due to not having any participants. That was a concern of mine from the beginning, and also a concern from one of my committee members. The rest of my committee members wanted me to go ahead with my study. The end result after years of work, completing all of my coursework, spending all of my money, completing my residencies, and completing the first three chapters of my dissertation was nothing. There was no degree of any kind, and no resolution. I retired from education. They informed me that I would have to begin the dissertation process over.

I recently contacted Capella. This time they told me I had waited too long, and could not obtain an PhD without beginning the entire program. Being that close to graduation with no resolution at the time was excruciating to me. I had poured everything I had into obtaining a PhD. Shortly afterward, I had severe accident, ending up in a coma and tried to reach some type of resolution from Capella to obtain another type of degree for the work I had completed. There was no result, no degree, and no graduation. I will say that my journey up to the point of the dissertation was exceptional. I had a wonderful education that no one can take away from me. I just have nothing to show for it. Overall, it ended up being a waste of time, resources, and effort.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

This school was a waste of time and money. Not to mention that the people I dealt with seemed to only care about making a profit even when it jeopardizes student success. I had very little support. I think this is why their ratings are so low.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2023

Whoever is going to study in Capella University, I would suggest proceed at your own risk. Their finance dept. is very tricky. Every time you call them it's someone new. I paid them all the tuition fee back in 2021 and they gave me my degree but in 2023 they emailed me and texted me that I still owe them the money. I took two courses in one semester and they did not have correct record of 2021 and made me pay more than 1300 dollars after two years. Worst experience.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

This is terrible school in regard to the support given to the students. Nobody employed here wants to genuinely help you, they just want to take your money and send you on your way. When I first reached out to my academic advisor early in my doctoral phase about my difficulty in the program I was met with “Only 2% of people have a doctorate degree, it’s supposed to be hard”. I accepted that at the time but looking back I would have actually like a meeting, some ideas, some support given. Anything?!?! Nothing else was said or suggested. The support staff are god awful and don’t help at all. The professors are hit or miss. Some genuinely make you enjoy logging in and fill your mind as you learn new concepts and skills and some professors are so miserable, out of touch, or callous they don’t care about you and it shows. You feel that lack of care.

I just had a surgery and I informed the professor and other admins about me being down a few days. I told them the date. I had been waiting for a response to an issue I had. Well, they sent the response on my surgery day and then indicated it was my last day to take action. Honestly, is that professional in any regard? After I’ve already stated this date twice and was never told anything regarding that date until the day of? These types of pass you on, dismissive, overlooked interactions make you just want to bang your head through the computer screen and cry desperate tears.

The inconsistency with the quality and care of the faculty is a major issue alone and feels like a set up. I’ve had classmates say this over and over as well. Capella- oh They want to take your money but they won’t support you if any extenuating circumstances occur. It’s you and only you helping you through this. Make no mistake you’re on your own through this entire thing. It seems like you’ll have all this support, academic coach, librarians, writing support. It’s all a good SHOW but the meat is not there. It’s just bones. It’s not quality and it’s not implemented and executed well enough to be systematic. The admins sit there holding concerns in their hands all while doing nothing and not taking the reins at all for the success of the learners. Some of the interactions I have had have been Highly incompetent and unprofessional. There is no other way to describe it, maybe unacceptable?

Lastly, The professors do whatever they want and it’s sanctioned. As they have ultimate discretion for policies enforced. They only want to fail you and then have you retake the course paying more money. It’s a CASH COW, because if the University truly cared about their students' learning and course success they would absolutely try to work with them, as you see the students working hard. You’d want to help support that.

Do NOT go to this school. I repeat- do NOT go here! Yes they are accredited but they are also incompetent and lack compassion with poor administration. I imagine they are all remote workers and are not doing a lick of work because if you reach out to get help/ it’s just one point that sends to the other and you won’t get addressed at any point with your concerns. Save yourself the headache. Find another school. It’s not worth your time and definitely not your money. I wish I knew this sooner. I would be much happier somewhere else.

Jordan increased rating by 4 stars.
    Punctuality & SpeedProcess
    After a positive interaction with Capella University, Jordan increased their star rating on Oct. 31, 2023.

Updated review: Oct. 31, 2023

This issue has been resolved.

Original Review: Oct. 31, 2023

Updated on 11/02/2023: Per my previous post, I had thought that Capella University Financial Aid Department had finally completed my financial aid file and everything was done. However, the department then adjusted my financial aid AGAIN and now, I'm back to trying to figure out how to complete the tuition paying process and receive my refund. Upon calling them again today, they seemed unknowledgeable and at first said there were no holds on my account. I then asked them to review my account and they said there was a hold on my account so the funds couldn't be released. I have no idea how this department is trained. So, I'm STILL waiting for my FA to process.

Original: I have tried for over 6 weeks to complete the financial aid process. I've contacted the FA department via Ella chat and phone calls. I keep getting told my FA account will be updated to include my award for the aid year. Still waiting, and no explanation as to why there are so many delays. Honestly, just sick and tired of how long the FA process is. About one step from quitting this school and venturing elsewhere. They're that bad.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2023

I’ll just say this. Capella is not the school to be attending. The staff have no clue on what they’re doing, especially financial aide staff. You get a scholarship for 15,000 if you meet requirements and they will do everything in their power to not give it. I understand why the rate is so high for people not graduating. Plus they stay short handed with staff, and I wonder why. Trust me there’s another school that would treat you better than Capella. Not worth the time or money. I just need them to do their job correctly.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2023

Unfortunately, my enrollment process and enrollment counselor Molly **, was not a wonderful experience. I wasn't given the opportunity to choose my classes they were chosen for me. I was informed of my classes the day class started so I did not start classes or meet with any course educators, I felt rushed and overwhelmed. As an older woman returning to school in itself was overwhelming enough. I asked for assistance in changing careers, I was met with, "It's too late to change," she said I had to continue, no there are no courses that could prepare me for the health field as I inquired, also no suggestion or solution was offered.

I was left guessing of other alternatives that were met with no answers. I asked if there was someone else that could better assist me, she had someone call two days later just before closing I was told it was to late to assist me, I then that asked that person if someone could call on the following Monday, she condescendingly repeated my question someone will call you on Monday. this was a defeating experience and no longer want to attend Capella no person should have to experience this. After Reading the Reviews I did myself a favor wanting to leave this school. Thank you.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2023

If I could give them no Stars, I would. The flex path did not work for me as a working single mom. Their instructors gave very poor feedback to help guide you to move on to the next assessment, their billing cycle is very confusing. If you can't keep up, you will be charged even if you haven't passed a class when you try to work with your counselor, they barely get back to you, and it becomes a nightmare and burden on you. The leadership team acts like they're trying to be helpful but they're just telling you things and sending you in circles. Total waste of time and money.

If you don't have a full time job, family, life then this program might be a good fit for you. But just expect that if you have any issues they will pretend to care but really they just care about taking advantage of people. I wish I really would have paid attention to the reviews that I read about how terrible people's experience were versus the very small amount of people that had success. Unfortunately, I became one of the zero star, nothing good to say about my experience. And after a year, I own two billing cycles and 1 classes to show for this terrible experience.

Profile pic of the author.
    Mindy increased rating by 4 stars.
    Customer ServiceSales & Marketing
    After a positive interaction with Capella University, Mindy increased their star rating on Aug. 25, 2023.

Updated review: Aug. 25, 2023

Update: My issue was resolved with Capella University and I feel better. I let my emotions get the best of me because of how many months the issue went on. I do enjoy Capella University. I just wish the communication with financial aid was a bit better.

Original Review: Aug. 21, 2023

This is a scam! I am begging anyone out please do not attend this school. It is a scam, they bait and switch and withhold your money or overcharge. They are thieves. I will be going public. If anyone out there finds my TikTok, email me so we can collectively come together and shut this place down before they ruin anyone else's life! If you have a good experience consider yourself lucky, you probably paid out of pocket or you will paying until you're dead. I am absolutely disgusted with this school.

Reviewed July 25, 2023

Terrible billing practices. Deceptively friendly and available support while enrolled, but Capella will come after your finances. Don't expect them to forgive you if you come upon hard times - they'll charge you for a full term whether you've earned a single credit or not. Don't be fooled - apply elsewhere. The convenience isn't worth this institution's lack of integrity.

Reviewed July 21, 2023

First 2 classes were easy and professors were flexible with me. My home and work life changed. My 3 Professor was very inflexible, even though I told him my situation. I decided to drop before next full tuition was due, couldn't get a hold of my advisor. Emailed financial aid and no response. After 3 months of dropping the class, I received a text that they were sending me to collection if I didn't pay the tuition. I Made numerous unanswered phone calls, emails and messages with both the “advisor“ and finance department. After multiple emails (unable to reach anyone over the phone), I tried to settle the payment by working out a plan that they refused. Sent to collections for money that Capella did not produce a product for. Interesting that they kept the (financial aid student loan money) but still have to pay them for it.

StaffProcess

Reviewed May 20, 2023

I can’t say enough about the flex path. I 100% thought it was too good to be true but I started my BSN 3/6 and finished 5/19/23. I had a referral scholarship that got tuition down to a little under 2700 for the 12 week cycle and I straight up busted my behind to get every class done before they billed me again. I am recommending this program to everyone I know and I can’t believe this huge weight is lifted off my shoulders. Professors were great!! And the directions are clearly defined on each assignment, I believe there was a total of 31, including the capstone which was the most lengthy. I saved thousands and the self-teaching module actually helped me learn better than a traditional school.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 15, 2023

Attended the online “FlexPath” program for BSN. Was told that this program would take less than a year. First 3 classes were easy and straightforward and I was on schedule to finish within 8 months. Home and work life changed and the 4th class was ridiculously more challenging than the previous 3. Decided to drop before next full tuition was due, or so I thought. My “advisor“ didn’t offer advice or assistance, just checked his boxes and moved on. Received a bill for over 3k. Made numerous unanswered phone calls, emails and messages with both the “advisor“ and finance department. Offered many different stories and excuses. At one point, it looked like I met the criteria in which I would owe 25% of that tuition cost, roughly $750. I reluctantly offered to pay that, they refused. Sent to collections for money that Capella did not produce a product for. They are also holding my previous paid for grades hostage.

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2023

I graduated with a PhD in education with an emphasis on literary theory. Please bear in mind I had done graduate work at top tier universities and wanted a PhD that catered to my specific research needs. I did all the work and tailored my research and dissertation to my research interests. It was not easy but I finished and my research was published in the well respected Oxford university bibliographic research online. Since then I have taught graduate and published widely in my chosen field of postcolonial literary studies.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2023

Very bad, don't go here, you will regret it. I attended, submitted one assignment, I had some issues with the content delivery (there was none). I told them that I wanted to withdraw, but was still charged appx $3000. It was an expensive experiment. If you value yourself or your learning, look for a better school. This one is awful. The people are unwilling to assist you and when you ask for help you will not receive it.

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2023

If I could give this school a -5/5 stars I would. The only good thing about this school is the flexibility of the flex path to be able to complete your classes when you can while also working a full time job. Aside from that, good luck getting ahold of a coach or a professor. The fact that this is an online school and not one person is available 24/7 is insane. Unless you get tuition assistance/financial aid or finish your degree in 3 months you'll be paying loads of money. 3,500 plus more fees here and there every 12 weeks. Oh and if you're still enrolled in a class into the next billing period you'll get charged 3,500 again.

Capella shorted me 6 weeks of financial aid for this academic year and I was on my capstone class but because I didn't finish it within the billing period timeframe I got charged 3,500 that I now have to pay out of pocket. The professors and coaches don't help you whatsoever, they basically just tell you you could do better and make you feel stupid. I got told if I didn't finish my class before the billing period ended I'm screwed and there's nothing they can do to help me. Steer clear of this university and save yourself some money.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2022

The only thing Capella does consistently is bill. And frequently with errors, which take weeks and weeks to get fixed. I was done with them and withdrew in writing. They continued to take student loan money! Now I have to go after them through FAFSA and the US Dept. Of Education. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2022

The financial aide department messed up my aid. As a result I was locked out of courses and got an F in one. They also took out of 50 grand in unauthorized aid on my behalf. Don’t do it!!!! They will not do it! I’m traumatized and wasted so much time and now I have to find an attorney to sue! Save yourself the hassle!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2022

I have gone to 3 colleges prior to Capella University and never have I dealt with a financial aid department so incompetent. I took out the recommended borrowing amount to cover my schooling without taking anything additional out. I never changed credit load and somehow ended up with a bill over $2,000.00. I tried to resolve it in January 2022 and was told I would get a call back because they didn't understand why I had a bill either since I borrowed the correct amount. I never got a call back. I call multiple times over the course of the spring/summer and never got anyone to call me back after they said I needed to speak to a manager. The last phone call was placed at the end of August, and I was promised a call back from someone and no one ever called me back. I then just got collections notice for the amount I allegedly owed.

Save yourself a headache and go to a college that knows how to manage federal funds and not try to say you owe when you took out what they said you needed to take out to cover the entire cost. Nothing is special about the education either. Go to your local state school as you can get a better education with a more competent staff. Wish I would have read the reviews here before I transferred to Capella as I would have never done it.

CoverageOnline & AppProcess

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2022

I started out with the Guided path in MHA Operation. I took my first class and it was pretty doable. There were not a lot of lessons and you have to read the book, answer discussions and write a few papers. My papers are all As, not perfect scores but at least I got As on them. Now here is the annoying part. I changed the program to the Flex path so they didn't offer the MHA operation, so I am stuck taking the MHA leadership. I was not aware that it was not a grading system. You are graded my basic, Proficient, or whatever is beyond proficient. I hated the Flex path so much. Even though we do our assignments at our own pace, I did not learn anything. All they do is assign a bunch of articles and readings for us to do and they do not teach us at all how to do anything. So the first class I am taking is the policy class. How do they expect us to write a dam policy when they don't teach us!!!

All the useless articles do not help. I spent hours and days working on my papers just to be labeled basic! You can't pass this damn class if you don't reach proficiency in all 5 areas. This is freaking chaotic. I'm two months in and still in my first class...Good luck to everybody else! I forgot to mention, if you are from Pacific time, good luck with their website. You will not be able to work past 9 pm on flexpath. Always system updates and crap.

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2022

Last year I decided to continue my education and get my MSN at Capella through the flex path. I started the class and immediately knew it was not going well when the instructor keep sending videos that I could not open and she would not send written emails to answer any questions. I informed her that I would not be continuing with the university and yet I continue to be billed (and threatened with credit reporting) for semesters I did not register for. I attempted to get assistance with this, before the threats started, and all I get is the run around about how the instructor didn't document any of our interactions or have documents showing my intent to withdraw, including the email I provided to the university which they did not accept as proof. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS DISAPPOINTMENT OF A UNIVERSITY!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffEase of UseProcess

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2022

I was really skeptical about this whole "online bachelor's degree" thing at first. I even used this website (Consumer Affairs) to grill the admissions counselor at length about people's common complaints. Right off the bat, this admissions fella was attentive and personable. I think I sent him at least 10 emails with essays' worth of questions about Capella, about my responsibilities, about other people's complaints and if they're valid. Rather than shrugging me off, he gave me his full, patient time. Every time.

So I enrolled in the Flexpath program for my psychology degree. First off, this program is not your typical "attend zoom and take your test" sort of structure. This is an essay-driven structure that you take at your own pace. Each class often consists of four "Assessments," which are usually essays, sometimes worksheets or PowerPoint presentations, and you're given a host of reading assignments and activities to go with each assessment. The flexpath program is a *flat fee* every 3 months of $2,500 (at the time of this writing), and you can take as many classes as you can fit in there. After my financial aid (maximum award amount), I paid $1,000 every three months. When it was all said and done, I only paid $3,000 out of pocket for my degree because I finished in less than three semesters with a 3.9 GPA.

I know some people are looking at that and going "this can't be a legit degree," or "this sounds easy." This is NOT an easy program. I made this degree my full time job. Furthermore, you can download the VitalSource Bookshelf app, Capella's textbooks, and have the app read the material to you while you get things done around the house. Second, it's vital that you develop a good essay writing strategy for gathering your peer reviewed sources and structuring your papers according to the bullet-point requirements the instructors give you. This structuring will be the number one thing you use time and again. Work smarter, not harder. Bottom line: essays essays essays.

Are the instructors attentive? Yes and no. If I ever needed help with anything at all, they were quick to respond and help me. Are the profs conversational? Sometimes. I always submitted a lengthy "how are you" and talked a bit about the subject matter with my assessments. Some were happy to chat along in response, and some ignored my babbling completely. I didn't take it personally, they have a job to do. I have a job to do. All that really mattered was that I stayed professional and got the feedback on my work that I needed to either improve or move on to the next assignment. Now then. People's complaints on this site that I can provide answers to:

-Technical or financial errors with billing that results in people being passed around to too many clueless departments and then getting sent to collections.- Um, no? Like literally you just log into the website and there's your billing stuff right there. I got an email when my bill was due. I logged in and paid my bill. I don't know how people mess this up.

-Professors taking too long to grade course material, nullifying the "go at your own pace" appeal. - Again: Um, no? You can be enrolled in two classes at once. Even if by some weird chance a professor is taking longer than the allotted 48 hours to grade an assessment, you always have the next assessment to work on at your pace. Or the one after that. Or the next class. There is literally no reason to blame the professors for your pace.

-Too many people in the class.- I don't know why this is even a complaint, honestly. You never have to interact with these people. In all honesty, since I never even saw their names, I often felt like I was the only one in the class and that was awesome.

-Impossible to talk to a real person.- Really? You just follow the format. For my academic advisor, I scheduled an appointment and she called me at the right time and we always had a nice chat about my goals. Easy peasy. As I mentioned earlier, the admissions fellow was always attentive and responsive at any time. The professors were also quite responsive. Never had a problem.

Now then, let's get to things I feel I should mention to help out the next person.First of all, Capella uses Blackboard for their online format. Blackboard is clunky, not user friendly, and frankly, buggy. I did a few things to subvert this. I wrote down all the chapters I needed to read for each assessment so I didn't need to log into my classroom to do my reading (remember, our textbooks are in an app!). I also copy/pasted the assessment instructions into a word file and highlighted the important bits. That way, if Blackboard was ever being Blackboard, I could still function until it was up. In this same vein, Blackboard is coded first and foremost for Microsoft Edge. Begrudgingly, I ended up making Microsoft Edge my school browser. And here's a must: you need to set the browser to clear all cookies and caching every time you close it or your Blackboard simply won't work.

Second, Capella courses strongly recommend you use an online portfolio service through another company, paid for by them, to save all your work. Don't bother with that company's tech support if the website doesn't work for you either, they'll blow you off. Just save your work elsewhere, like a dropbox account, and don't mention the portfolio and you're fine.

And now the transcript. You need to know going into this that your transcript is a flexpath **pass/fail transcript**. Capella also has a "translated transcript" option for free, which isn't "official", but it translates your flexpath transcript into letter grades. It's recommended that you submit the translated one alongside the official one. I did that for my graduate program and it's fine.

For psychology grads: I thought Capella's accreditation was a green light for California, but my first class taught me it's not. Your state should have a board of psychology that outlines clearly what kind of accreditation your school needs in order for you to be licensed. Find out, then match that up with your school. I used Capella for a bachelor's and am now transferring to a different graduate program, but would have gladly stayed with Capella.

Things I really enjoyed: If, for whatever reason, I wanted a chance to do better at an assignment, we get 3 submission attempts. Three! I scoffed at this idea at first and thought I'd never use it. But in actuality, this was a great learning opportunity that allowed me to gain skills I used through the entire program. I also loved that I was able to take charge of my education and do it at my pace. This is college, no one is going to hold your hand. For people like me who manage our time really well and like to make sure we're satisfied with our understanding of the course material, this program is made for us.

Student programs and services are AWESOME. Through Capella we get free access to things like the entire Microsoft suite, Grammarly, or the incredible library. Your "school email" enables you to take advantage of so many things. Overall I totally recommend Capella to anyone seeking to further their education and embark on their career. Put in the work, communicate when possible, manage your time, and prosper, my friends. Cheers.

Sales & MarketingStaffProcess

Reviewed July 22, 2022

I NEVER write reviews but I wholeheartedly believe that this school is a scam. This is a diploma mill school along with Devry, Walden, SNHU, etc. Reputable employers look down on a degree from here and their psychology program is NOT accredited by the American Psychological Association. I was not informed of the stimulations when dropping a course and their disbursement date of funds is after the 75% fund return drop date, so you are forced to either continue out with the quarter or have a balance. You can find 95% of the answers of all quizzes and exams online, and I first hand seen a paper accepted and graded by professor that a student paid for someone else to write.

This school is a joke and I would never recommend anyone attending any program from here. If you need just a piece of paper saying you finished something then this university is for you, but if you actually wanna be respected and accepted by your field of study and its employers go somewhere else. NEVER enroll into this or any other for-profit school, they do not care about the quality of education you are receiving they only care about your money so when you go to withdraw or drop out you are punished with a balance. The only department I can speak highly of is the department of disability, they were the only ones who were ever any help to me. I am considering taking up a legal case with Capella and repealing my aid for this university. Please do not make the same mistake I did, go to a non-for-profit school.

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed July 16, 2022

I was surprised to read so many negative reviews for Capella University as that has not been my experience at all. From the first day that I called them I have had an advisor hold my hand and be so supportive throughout the entire process. I choose the Flex Path option to earn my degree in General Psychology faster than the traditional route. This is a competency based program - which means you attend school alone, there is no cohort, and can complete courses as fast as you would like. Competency equates to writing extensive, comprehensive research papers and case studies. There is a grading rubric that is easy to follow in order to earn basic - distinguished. The papers show your professors that you have gained mastery of knowledge and write at a college level or higher in APA-7.

My phone calls have always been answered no matter the day or time and issues have always been resolved swiftly from financial aid questions to changing course selection or technical help. Even though Flex Path is competency based I have been able to form relationships with my professors. I do believe that you have to be incredibly self-motivated in order to reap the benefits of this program - it's really what you make of it. There is a lot of writing. I happen to love writing research papers and case studies but it is a lot of work.

I only have a few classes left so I've double downed because the end is in sight. It can be a little easy to burn out from all the paper writing but Capella is there to help mitigate that. Also, my papers are always graded in 48 hours or less. Capella is also constantly adding new classes and that can be both exciting and motivating. For example today I dropped Cyber Psychology and switched to Group Dynamics - which is a new class they just started offering. It is very easy to tailor the psychology classes to your interests. I found this program to be perfect for me. I have loved absolutely every moment of this journey and honestly have come through this a completely changed person. I highly recommend Capella as a working adult and parent. It's the best decision that I've ever made.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaffProcess

Reviewed June 29, 2022

Avoid this online program and school. Believe all of the other reviews regarding their fraudulent activity and scam. They will take all of your money via financial aid, leave you in debt, create a charge from the clear blue sky (due to a "mistake" made on the behave of the school"), and will wait until you are just about to complete your degree then "administratively withdraw" you from your program. They will make you go through a lengthy appeal process to then send a generic email stating the withdrawal was upheld. Do not attend this school.

They changed my degree program mid-research. Completely revamped the program while I was in the process of implementing my research in my industry. This school is horrible. I had a very high GPA and submitted so much work. The school changes grades that the instructors and mentors put in at the end of the semester. They undermine their staff and students. This online school is a complete scam. I was instructed to get legal counsel. After reading the reviews and seeing similar stories, I believe I will. Take the time to do your research on this school. They literally just settled a lawsuit regarding their fraudulent behavior. I wish I would have known this prior to investing so much time, research, and money into this school. The process they have has to be illegal.

PricePunctuality & SpeedProcess

Reviewed May 8, 2022

I attended the DIT program since 2018 and 2021. The amount of work and pressure this program puts you through is insane. You are promised to complete the program in two and a half years; However, even if you do, the teachers, mentors, and advisors are working together to extend your time in the program to make more money for you. I completed the program in two and a half years; with hard work that cost me blood, sweat and tears. In the end they invented a ridiculous thing to keep me longer in the program to continue draining my pocket.

Since I was unwilling to play their game, I resigned before graduating; yes I know, it sounds crazy but life is very short and for what it is worth a doctorate is not worth it. In the end I ended up with a debt of more than 80 thousand dollars, serious health problems and all because of a silly dream. I was not as wise as most of my colleagues who were able to withdraw in time, because in this program you are destined to fail. This institution has a very bad reputation. I advise you to stay away from her and her bad business practice.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffProcess

Reviewed May 5, 2022

I started the process of trying to Enroll. I did not progress much further than that. I literally called everyday, great difficulty getting enrolled, wait time extreme and each time I was told something different and that's if I was fortunate to get someone on the phone. I also was told that "they would call me back," multiple time with answers but they did not. When asked about options for Financial Assistance, the employees act as if they weren't aware of any programs, I had to ask specifically about each one and they had to go ask someone else. I don't think they are approving anyone for F.A. at this time but are quick to tell you "you qualify for a loan!" I am not working but I don't qualify?

I have called my Counselor way too many times, phone rings busy continuously. I emailed multiple times and asked that she call me, she did not. The process for registering is a joke. Totally unorganized. If you have a complaint, they do not have Anyone for you to talk to and there aren't any numbers on website for the Dean, and assistance, Supervisor, a complaint department, etc. I asked for a Supervisor, Manager, Dean, Complaint department and was told "we do not have any of those, you have to go to the website." On the website you are told to "try and work things out with the person you have a complaint with and also not to place anything on social media." It's a horrible business, when they do not have any numbers to talk to real people about matters that needs to be Escalated. The only number, is the main number, and that number is Use-less! Their main focus is Social Media only!

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2021

I saw some of the reviews on here, but I have had a completely different experience. My advisors have been great from start to finish. Capella accepted all of my previous college credits, minus those that were remediation classes, which most other colleges do not accept either. I was able to use my professional certification for PLA credits so that took off 7 classes. I have 6 days left before the end of my journey and it took me a year to finish. Granted I transferred in the max credit of 135 and I did the Guided Path versus Flex Path. They do have a max on how much financial aid you can use in a quarter so be aware of that when signing up for classes. Also, if you pay out of pocket, you need to set yourself on a payment plan so you will not get dropped from your classes. It is a pretty easy online process.

I never had an issue with contacting anyone from Capella and my professors have been great! The programs are not easy, to be successful you have to put in the work. I can honestly say that the stuff I have learned in my degree has helped me with my career. I would just recommend researching your program very well before signing up to make sure it is a good fit. I went through the whole website before I enrolled so I knew what I was getting into and also what questions to ask.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2021

Charge you for another semester when they kick you out of your classes. Total scam. Doubt their degree is worth anything, all they care about is money. Do yourself a favor and do not give them a cent go somewhere else. Total scam.

Capella University Company Information