4.4/5 (2628 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: May 27, 2022

I could not be happier in the way you handled my accounts of all the accounts as they were being settled before estimated graduation date. They kept me informed of every account. They were very professional and informative as they progressed with the handling of all the accounts.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Ronald, it is our pleasure to provide a service that leads you to a brighter financial future. We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 26, 2022

My experience and working relationship with FDR has been both excellent and a great relief to my outstanding debt and how I would handle it during a time in my life when I had no idea where to turn. The entire staff from the beginning to the present has been consistently professional and totally dedicated to my best needs both financially and emotionally. FDR is completely dedicated to their client's concerns and the most efficient way to reduce a person's debt and are never too busy to work with and understand a client's needs and worries. If you need help and guidance with your overwhelming debt, FDR is the only place to turn.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Linda. It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I enrolled in the program with the assurance that my debts would be settled in a timely manner. I was also assured that my final settlements would be less than my enrolled debt. While the first few accounts were paid quickly, the accounts with larger balances were not. I ended up paying more in than my original enrolled debt and had to remove an account because it was not being settled in a timely manner. I do not recommend this process.

Freedom Debt Relief response

April, we are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our service efforts and the outcome of your program. Settlements are dependent on accumulating sufficient funds in order to settle the debt and as long as we are accumulating funds we should have no problems meeting your goals in realistic timeframes. We are committed to providing customer satisfaction and you have our full attention 7 days of the week. Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I had some stuff that I wanted to get cleared up, so I tried Freedom Debt Relief out and I was very satisfied. I did it for 48 months and then it took care of my debt. The representatives were excellent and very professional. Any time I had a problem, I would call, and somebody was always polite in helping me. My payments were on the 12th, and sometimes my pay period was different and I had to move it like a week up, and they took care of it. Working with Freedom Debt Relief took care of those cards and stuff that I had. It's pretty good for me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

George, we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 25, 2022

When I started FDR I had been paying the minimums on my credit cards for years - never seeing any drop in the principal total and being punished with fines if I was ever a minute late. My mailbox and voicemail was constantly pinging with reminders and harassments to pay this or that on time OR ELSE. If you're lucky, you'll start to realize that your desire to have things you can't readily afford has set you up to be taken advantage of by lenders and institutions lined up to give you the rope you need to hang yourself from their gallows. I have been very lucky that the one person I know of who had gone through FDR casually mentioned that I should do it. Not enough people know about FDR, apparently. In short - FDR saved me stress, grief, humiliation, harassment, and thousands of dollars over the five years it took me to go through the program.

During Covid I was often getting by on dollars. Paying to FDR was difficult at times, but I stayed with it, knowing that the alternative to seeing my debt going down, was to see it go up, and to be harassed and fined and threatened. I am graduating from FDR in 2 days. I couldn't be more grateful. I will never use credit again.

Sometimes when we want something we can't have, it's because we shouldn't have it. Changing my mind and my lifestyle has made me a different person - one more stable, more satisfied, and one less susceptible to falling victim to other people's schemes designed to take advantage of another person's unhappiness and dissatisfaction. That's for other people – not for me. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief, and all the people who make up your institution. You've changed my life and I couldn't be more grateful. Beyond financial help, the emotional uplift of your kindness and the hope of being debt free that you give to your clients is nothing shy of immeasurable.

If you are considering FDR, consider how much it will impact your whole life and the life of those you love when you trade desperation, harassment, and grief of credit for the kindness, help, and hope of credit resolution. FDR are saints! I recommend FDR, downsizing, and giving up credit forever to anyone who will listen. I hope you give it some thought and ultimately use FDR. You won't be sorry!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Donovan, we appreciate your kind words and trust in our company. Congratulations on your hard work, your progress, and the completion of your program. Your hard work and dedication has paid off significantly, it has been an honor to partner with you on your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I like that my Debt is getting taken care of. I hope that once I get the debt taken care of that I will not get into this situation again. It has given me ease of mind that my debt is getting taken care of.

Freedom Debt Relief response

It is rewarding to hear such great feedback about our Team, Thomas. We are thrilled to serve you and will be there every step of the way. Keep up the great work and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 25, 2022

I really can’t give a review because I’ve just started but so far I have been satisfied with the program. I will be more than happy to write a review after I have been at this for a while and can see the progress

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Barbara, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I'm making progress, yes but I have to say, when I signed on with FDR I was told I could expect to be debt-free in 2021...that's not proving to be true. And I didn't have any additional debtors added to my account to change anything.

Freedom Debt Relief response

LouAnn, thank you for reviewing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! Program lengths can vary from 24-48 months, our program is estimate based. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 25, 2022

My debts were negotiated over a 3 year period. I set up autopay for my payments and because they were settled over 3 years, I could spread the tax consequences out so that was very workable for me. I would recommend them to everyone - and I have!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Melinda, it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 25, 2022

So far very clear and well planned Program to help me settle my debt. Tools and tips are wonderful to help me know how to handle and how to move forward in getting out of debt and future rebuilding of my credit.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Joanne, thank you for reviewing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 25, 2022

At the end of the day it worked out. Happy with the results so far. Was able to get a loan to finish off the pending accounts. Looking forward to a better credit report status. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief. Susan

Freedom Debt Relief response

Susan, It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 25, 2022

They are very pleasant to work with, responsive, and client oriented. Easy to access website with a lot of information and ongoing email communication related to debt relief status. Frequently refer to my dashboard to view progress. HIGHLY recommend them to assist with debt relief. They have been instrumental in helping me get back on my feet.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Marsha, we are so happy to hear you are pleased with our customer service! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 25, 2022

Was very satisfied with Freedom Debt Relief. They were always there to assist you and keep on track. I experienced no problems with my debt collectors at all once they took over. They were very negotiable with creditors and the communications between self and third party as well.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Sharon, we are thrilled to serve you and will be there every step of the way. Keep up the great work and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 25, 2022

I felt like Freedom Debt Relief was the best option I came up with. The service was consolidating my debts altogether and letting them reach out to my creditors to arrange settlements, I didn't have to deal with all that. This is a lengthy, dedicated and committed process. I've been in it for almost three years. This program worked exactly as it was advertised, and they are accomplishing the goal. We're about eight months away from total completion. They made my life a whole lot less stressful.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Dwight, it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Two down, two more completed by July. 2 to go. 1 of those just negotiated and 1 to go. It’s been smooth sailing with very little effort on my part. FDR did/does all of the negotiations and payments from my bank account are automatic every month. I don’t to see, hear or communicate with my creditors very refreshing. Looking forward to end date.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Joseph, thank you for reviewing your experience! We are very excited to see your progress and continued success! We are thrilled to serve you and look forward to any of your future financial goals! Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Excellent service, nice people, help every time. People is working everyday for information and call everyday needs more information I like and recommend Freedom is good program for solution the problem for credit cards. My opinion this company is making good jobs. Congratulations everyone for your time and effort everyday. Thank you for your help. I'm very happy

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Hector, we not only want to provide you with the best customer service and savings, but we also want to provide you with the necessary tools achieve and maintain a brighter financial future! Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I have been paying them for years. Recently contacted them as I have paid them more than I currently owe. I contacted them to take the money, pay off the balance and refund the overage to me. They then went in, changed one agreement that had 1 payment left. I have paid 1150 a month for years. They pay like 60 dollar payment. Have almost 4,000 in my payments. Then they use my money to make money, rather than pay off the debt. Right now I am waiting for them to pay off the last 2 accounts. And refund the balance to me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Anne, thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to assist you with your financial goals. It is our goal to provide you with excellent service and help you better manage debts for a better financial future. We understand your concerns about the program and we appreciate the feedback. Due to the nature of your concerns an account specialist will reach out to you to address any questions or concerns you may have. Again thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I thought they were going to try to resolve account before I got a letter from courts. Instead I had a summons given to me by the courts. I was very upset and embarrassed by the situation. No one called to tell me this was going to happen.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We are sorry to have disappointed you, Violet. Unfortunately, we are aware that while moving through the process of resolving your debt, some creditors may choose to take legal action. While this may be an uncomfortable thing to go through, it's most likely that your investment would still be less compared to minimum payments to the creditors. Especially dealing with compounding fees. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Freedom Debt Relief was great in helping me manage my debts and become debt-free. They are very professional with their service and I am on my way to be free from my financial obligations. Thank you all for the help.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Dorene, we are happy to hear that you are happy with your progress and results. We look forward to your continued success. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Excellent customer service. Easy to work with. Explained the whole process in detail, and updates me on a regular basis. Very helpful and always there to answer any questions or concerns I might have. They keep me informed on the progress of my account and what the next steps are we need to take.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for reviewing your experience, Lori. It is great to hear that feel prepared! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 24, 2022

I am just starting this process. So far I am trying to get the hang of it. Everything has been great so far. Enjoy working with them. They make it easy process on my behalf. Every time I call I get a LIVE person and I enjoy that.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Fernando, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 23, 2022

They are on top of things. I get emails on any updates. It has gone by very fast. Peggy are very helpful and friendly. My sister tried to talk me into another company. But I will really happy with Freedom.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Peggy we appreciate the time you took to review your experience. Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 23, 2022

FDR are taking care of my creditors, but it's going to take longer than first thought. I had to add more money to be deducted and that is my limit. But FDR is keeping Me in the know with everything. Thanks. Janette

Freedom Debt Relief response

Janette, we appreciate your feedback. Rest assured you're in good hands, we are actively working on settling and paying off your accounts. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 23, 2022

All done online. One monthly payment and 8 credit card balances eliminated. I didn’t have to do a thing. Just followed my plan. No problem and Freedom From Debt took care of everything. Keep in touch via emails monthly updates. This time next year and all credit cards will be settled.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Laurel, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to accompany you in your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 23, 2022

This was the greatest thing I did was getting FDR to help with my debt. I would recommend anyone to use them. They are amazing people. Nice, quick and there when you need them! When I have questions they are one call away. Makes life easy. You talk to a person not robots.

Freedom Debt Relief response

James, our team takes pride in providing world-class customer service to our clients and its great to hear you are happy with our service efforts! Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I’m nearing the end of my time with Freedom Debt Relief and it has changed the way I look at buying and spending. I used to put purchases on a card to get the points or the miles, thinking about all the bonuses I’d be getting, but not thinking about the accumulated interest I’d accrue on the balances. It got to be out of hand especially after my divorce and getting laid off. So I looked for a way out without declaring bankruptcy or asking for loans from relatives. I found Freedom Debt Relief after reading about ways to pay down debt and doing an online search. After I spoke with a counselor about my debt and how Freedom worked.

It would require trusting their negotiations and letting my credit cards go unpaid until a resolution was made. That was scary at first since I never had missed any payments and had excellent credit. It was rough gong for the first 3 or 4 months but soon I had my first settlement. I was notified by text and email and was able to accept it right from my phone. Whew. One down, four to go. I would get a settlement offer every 4-9 months so I knew they were working on negotiating with my creditors. I kept my part of the deal by making payments to my dedicated account (which were much less than what I’d have to pay all of my credit cards each month) and not paying anything towards those cards.

All through the process I was kept informed about what to expect and encouraged to stick with the program and not worry about my credit score since I knew I was responsible for the decline and I knew it would recover as I my debts were cleared. I learned a lot about my spending habits and how I could stay out of debt. It’s made me think carefully before deciding to buy. I’d recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone looking for a way out of debt, especially credit card debt. Listen to their methods and decide if you can deal with a moment of credit score drama in exchange for a lifetime of freedom from debt. I know it’s been worthwhile for me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Ilsa. It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I just feel I should of been done with the program months ago. This last company I need to pay off seems they got over twice the settlement since it is taking me so long to pay them off. Miscommunication with the debt company.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Tuesday, we understand how frustrating this can be that you haven't completed from the program yet. A specialist will reach out to you shortly to assist you. Thanks for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 22, 2022

I was very hesitant at first to try FDR. I knew it had to get worse before it got better. But FDR made it seem simple and got the job done. Did it take a while? Yes but I had a lot of debt...now I am debt free!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Congratulations Melissa on your completion of the program and being debt free! We are so glad your experience was positive and your stuck through and trusted us when things got tough. Thanks for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Everyone that I talked with is very kind and helpful in that they want you to from under the burden of debt. I am glad to have found them. They are concerned about you and your situation. I highly recommend them to anyone who want to resolve Their debt. They co follow up and keep in touch with you and keep you informed and up to date on your case.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you so much for sharing how your experience is going Shirley. It's good to hear that the interactions you've had with our advocates have been positive and you feel we care. We are available to assist you 7 days a week at 1-800-655-6303, thanks for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Their services were direct and easy to understand. They made you feel worthy and accepted at a difficult time in a person's life. They have provided help and support every step of the way. The representative was kind, friendly and reassuring. I highly recommend this company for anyone who needs guidance or financial advice.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Kathy, so glad to hear your positive experience with the company and our advocates. We are glad to hear that the advocates you spoke with reminded you of how worthy you are. Don't hesitate to reach out as we are available 7 days a week. Thanks for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information