Get Started

4.4/5 (3661 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I add ended up paying off the other other creditors because I assumed that a payment to each creditor would be made soon as I had the funds built up. My whole plan was to take out a loan instead to pay the creditors off in full.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Kyle. It is our goal to provide you with excellent service and help you better manage debts for a better financial future. We understand your concerns about the program and we appreciate the feedback. Due to the nature of your concerns an account specialist will reach out to you to address any questions or concerns you may have. Again thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

So far everyone has been very polite and helpful. They even got one on my loans reduced down by $5000. I am very impressed that I am updated on the status of each account. It keeps me going, knowing that I made the right choice in having Freedom help me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Patricia. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

My debt is being paid off and they have resolved my legal issues. This takes a lot of stress off my already stressful life. I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone who can use help getting back on track.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Patti. We're so happy to hear how much we have helped alleviate the stress you were experiencing. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

They know what they are doing. I'm very happy with their service. They have keep me up to date with all they do through dashboard, I would recommend them to anyone, my debt is coming down. My credit rating is going up and that is what I wanted to happen.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jerry, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! Its always great to hear that you're happy with the program and the choice that you made, to allow us to help you in your journey to financial freedom! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I've never had such great job done, with helping me get out of debt, they make it easy and keep you posted on everything, I feel so much better about my debt and how quickly they handle everything. Happy Holidays. Dawn

Freedom Debt Relief response

Dawn, thank you for reviewing your experience with us. We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Excellent communication day by day of events happen with my case. Freedom Debt Relief give me confident in knowing that they have my back if there are any legal action are taking against me. I would recommend anyone that need financial support to them.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Mark, thank you for reviewing your experience with us. Our top goal is to make sure we support our clients every step toward a brighter financial future. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I have no complaints. They have always been very helpful. Answered all my questions, and so far have done everything, they said they would. This has been a good experience for me, during a very stressful time. I would recommend this company to family and friends.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Cheryl, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

The people at Freedom Debt Relief have been courteous, patient, and kind. In four months, they had one debt paid off, and another negotiated. I would recommend them to anyone weighted down financially. I used to worry about making it from paycheck to paycheck. Now, I'm able to afford groceries again, and not make one meal stretch into three meals.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Rita, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! Its always great to hear that you're happy with the program and the choice that you made, to allow us to help you in your journey to financial freedom! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Our experience with FDR has been pretty good. We're getting ready to make a lump sum payment and to get out of it completely. The gentleman from FDR that I talked to convinced me that it was a good way to go. There were just a couple of occasions when my wife called in and they couldn't give her the answer. It was like they weren't completely trained on what we were asking about. But their program has been beneficial. It has consolidated my payments and after a while, I got rid of all those calls.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jack thank you for your feedback! We work very hard to ensure our clients receive the best service possible and to do so we continue to learn to better assist our clients daily! We are thrilled to accompany you in your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Good so far. It's only been 2 weeks. I enjoyed talking to the customer sevice to help answer my questions and resolve my problems. I enjoyed the start up kit. It had a lot of information. I like you giving the 3 day notice for your scheduled calls

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Tommy, thank you for reviewing your experience. It's always great to hear clients share how pleased they are with our service efforts and exceptional team. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I pay all that I can afford and every time I turn around someone is asking for money. It's always about the money. What about helping out like I was told in the beginning? When does it stop? When is it about the clients?

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Brenda, we are very sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. A specialist will be reaching out to you regarding your concerns. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I must say that I am very impressed by Freedom Debt Relief. I was a little nervous initially I'll admit, but I'm thankful I partnered with them anyway. Only complaint is that I wish we had more scheduled calls. I'm definitely one who likes to hear someone confirm "this" and go over "that" on a regular basis. But other than that, it's been great.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Rayla thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! Its always great to hear that you're happy with the program and the choice that you made, to allow us to help you in your journey to financial freedom! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Thank you to all the staff at FDR!! For those like myself who got in over their head with debt I'm so very thankful the folks at FDR are there to help relieve some of the pressure. Everyone has been so helpful and are there whenever needed for guidance. Friendly, helpful, wise and compassionate. ♡

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Tina. We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Very friendly staff. Explained the process very well. Have been kept informed of process and what is happening with my case. Have been kept in contact by email which is easy for me to be able to keep track and respond when needed.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Becky. We're honored to be your solution to financial relief. If any questions come up along the way, please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

You guys Are so very helpful with all my question and answer them well. I am supposed how well things are going. And how fast things are moving along. I don't want to say more. I am satisfied customer really. The only thing I don't like about the program is all the writing that I have to do. I would like you to work on Amex next because they sued me once.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Eric. We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Having Freedom Debt Relief help me with my debt is the best decision I've made regarding my finances. They are very helpful and keep in touch. If I have a question or concern, they are there to help. I am looking forward to the new year with my debt under control.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Louellen, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! Its always great to hear that you're happy with the program and the choice that you made, to allow us to help you in your journey to financial freedom! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

They are great people, have had no trouble. They are very helpful. Very pleasant, answer all my questions. Very nice and friendly when you talk to them. Settlement has been fast and fair. Explain things if you don't understands, would tell people about them.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Trudy. It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

In the beginning, the Freedom Debt Relief reps were good. They offered the consolidation loan, which I ended up paying more a month and more than what I owed if I didn’t do it. Communication was clear, but then I had one account that went into court, and they were gonna garnish my check. So, I contacted Freedom, and they couldn’t do anything about it. They never did anything about it. So, I ended up with that one on my own now plus Freedom. Overall, I think they’re false advertising.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Dawn, thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We strive to provide great service and provide debt relief. We take feedback very seriously and for those reasons an account specialist will reach out to you shortly regarding your experience. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Rather have just one loan and pay it off from there. Not doing it little by little. I understand that you have to try to decrease by waiting to make a payment. But everything is fine will complete payment soon if God permits.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Vivian. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I am pleased with my result from Freedom Debt Relief, they are doing a great job on my behalf. Freedom Debt Relief is a great way to resolve your debt I thank God for the day when I was informed of them. CAN'T WAIT TO BE DEBT FREE.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Dewight. We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I have no issues to report. Everyone that I spoke to was professional and thorough. If any of my friends need this kind of help, I will refer them to you. I could use a lower monthly payment going forward.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Judith! It's always great to hear clients share how pleased they are with our service efforts and exceptional team. Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

So far it has been a good experience except for the debt people calling all the time!! I have had second thoughts that probably been maybe easier to have got a loan. Will see how it goes. If the calls soon stop!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Merrilee, for taking the time to leave us a review! Our top goal is to make sure we support our clients every step toward a brighter financial future. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Freedom Debt Relief is good. They're very customer service oriented. Our experience has been nice and relieving. I have peace of mind.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Cindy, thank you for reviewing your experience! It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Everyone I have talked with or had questions about something has been very friendly, very professional and thorough on their answers. They have made me feel comfortable and that I have control over the outcome. I highly recommend this company!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Cathy. It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I have had a great experience so far and they are very helpful and I was very hesitant at first but I knew if I didn't do it now I would never. They have made this process for me easy and very understandable.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Stephanie. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Great people and seem like they care! Everyone helpful. Very genuine and looking out for the client's best interest. Looking forward to getting out of debt and this will make life so much easier in hard times. I would definitely recommend this service to anyone I know that needs it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Freedom Debt is good so far. They help you get your credit back to where it was and they there to help you solve your problem every step of the way. They call you or text you to make sure you on the right track. I like them and they very professional in way they doing.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you, Arlene, for taking the time to leave us a review! We work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

This program is a life saving thing for me when my debt was out of control. They really work with you and have an excellent customer service. I chose Freedom Debt because it was one of the best ones out their for my situation and I could not be more happy.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Deanne. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

Life changing, a fresh start. Feels like a huge burden has been lifted off my chest. I feel taken care of, very comfortable with the information I was given and confident in the process. I actually have savings now and am not constantly stressed about finances.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Kellie. We're so happy to hear how much we have helped alleviate the stress you were experiencing. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

Freedom has took charge of my financial made mistake. Very grateful for being there for me. The two ladies, I've spoke with did not pass judgment on me, they were very kind, and had a listening ear. I thank you, and appreciate you being here for me, and everyone else that has put themselves in the situation that, I have.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Twilla. Our top goal is to make sure we support our clients every step toward a brighter financial future. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief as your guide to financial freedom.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information