4.4/5 (2803 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: May 2, 2022

Helping me with my bills has given me such mental relief. I can’t wait for it to be all taken care of so I can move on from this mess I got myself into. Everybody has been very kind and understanding. It’s very much appreciated. I thank everybody involved.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Irma thank you for reviewing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 2, 2022

As a new client of Freedom my first payment will occur today to y’all and my first followup interview is scheduled for Friday May 13th. I appreciate enrollment and your help with my debt problem. Besides my original contact I have had no other interaction to date.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Karolyn congratulations for taking the steps to begin your debt-free journey. Once funds begin to accumulate and accounts are ready for negotiations, our team will begin working on obtaining the best settlements and savings possible. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I really liked the experience with Freedom Debt Relief. The rep explained it to me very well. He told me what the program is and that I don’t have to worry about anything. They helped me a lot. It’s been almost three years. But these guys finished before it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience Ruth. So glad you felt comfortable and trusted us through a difficult time. Congratulations on your completion and thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: May 1, 2022

FDR counseling is above board. They are aging and understanding of what may have happened in your life that contributed and caused the financial hardships specific to you. They were there the first day I called and have continued to be there.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Angela we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 1, 2022

The whole team really helped to easy the process. It was easy to understand and follow. If any questions merge at any time the whole team get involved and direct you to the right person or Department that will help to solve the issue.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Raymundo we are so happy to hear you are pleased with our customer service! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 1, 2022

I would refer your company to everyone. I love it because they take 1 payment and distribute the money to the creditors. I won't have to deal with the phone calls. Everyone should take advantage of this great service. It is a very worthwhile service to have.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jacquelyn our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 30, 2022

Joining Freedom Debt has been the best experience for me. They have brought down my debt ratios substantial within a short amount of time. If everything goes as planned, I should be totally debt free at this time next year. I will be eternally grateful, I went from owing 20,000 to owing nothing. Thank You Freedom Debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Sandra thank you for reviewing your experience with us! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Even though I am new to the program it is a relief to know I will get help with my debt. My advocate has been super supportive and explained how it all works. My only concern is having to wait until my accounts are past due, but I understand the process.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Elizabeth we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Overall Freedom Debt has been good! It has allowed me to rid myself of my debt. There are only 3 things I felt were not told to me well.

1. The amount of time to finish program!
    2. The amount of fees take out for them.

3. And the amounts paid to my credit card people.

I don’t understand why you would tell me three years that is now 7 and why you pay a 5.00 a month on one you could have paid off well before. I am guessing that is to collect more fees!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Nancy while the experience that you had in our program is not the experience that we want any client to have and we are disheartened to hear that you are not satisfied with out services, the feedback that you have provided is valuable and we do take it seriously. An account specialist will be reaching out soon to address any concerns you may have. Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Your company has been very professional and friendly when I called. My account activity was managed professional. You always kept me up to date with my account. The program ran very smooth and flawless. I would recommend you to my family and friends.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Mike thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: April 29, 2022

The process to resolve my debt was done in a way that was affordable and painless for me. It eased a lot of burden and even do it took a long time, it is finally over. The customer service was very helpful and was there when you need their help. There was only one company who did not give any leeway to resolve my debt but it was more the exception than the rule.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Ernesto it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Patience is the key, understanding that they will get the job done. I'm in such a better place now financially, best move I made instead of bankruptcy. I was drowning in debt, they were there supporting me and making sure I was ok. The payment amount helped me stay focused.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Johanna we are so happy to hear you are pleased with our customer service! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Been good for the most part but late on helping get settlement when being sued by a creditor, other than that it’s been really helpful, they are pretty good about getting back to you when you have a problem with a Creditor with adequate response. Thank you. Nancy

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Nancy we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service efforts, the process of negotiating legal accounts is normally longer than regular accounts. If you have questions about any legal accounts you ay have in your program please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer service team at(800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need. Congratulations on all of your progress and thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 29, 2022

I honestly did not think that I was ever going to get myself out of debt until I found Freedom. They make it so simple. I do not have to worry about logging in to make the payment, it is just auto drafted from my account. They broke everything down for me so that I can understand. I cannot wait to be debt free!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jessica it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: April 29, 2022

It's been excellent with Freedom Debt Relief. They've helped me a lot. Their quick way to communicate with me was good. They were very clear in their communication as well. They're able to explain to me things very clearly to the point where I don't have any questions.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Annalee thank you for sharing your experience! It's always great to hear clients share how pleased they are with our service efforts and exceptional team. Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: April 28, 2022

This program does help you out in your financial planning, I am looking forward to fix my credit to buy a home. I do trust their strategy. Make sense and easy to follow through. Thank Freedom Debt Relief for your time and your professionalism.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Mario thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to accompany you in your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Great service. Answered all my question and did a great job walking me through the process..When I have called the team members were always helpful and polite. If I ever had to do it again I'd call on you. Thanks to all of you

Freedom Debt Relief response

John we are so happy to hear you are pleased with our customer service! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 28, 2022

Everything done digital. Would really appreciate somebody calling me personally to explain any of this process. If you can’t use a computer then they don’t worry about you. The automatic payment happens easily but I have no idea when this will end. I guess I should’ve never got tied up into something like this without truly understanding.

Larry

Freedom Debt Relief response

Lawrence thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear you haven't had the best experience with us. We understand that the start of the process can be a little scary and confusing. An account specialist will be reaching out to address any questions you may have. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 28, 2022

Don't have to do anything. They take care of it all. From the beginning I started with approximately 5 credit card debts. Those were settled in 3-4 payments within a matter of months. I consistently added others following and little by little everything was resolved for me. As long as I kept my premiums paid each month, I practically did nothing else. They took care of settling the debt for much lower than the actual amount and I'm that much closer to being debt free. Thank you!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Angelo It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I've been very lucky to find FDR, gave me the break to pay off debts without large finance and interest charges. Was able to review and ask questions when needed via CHAT online or email. Monthly charge was reasonable and within my income availability. Would recommend to family and friends.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Vandy we are so happy to hear you are pleased with our customer service! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 28, 2022

You have been great so far. But now all of sudden you think I’m going to pay someone a fee to resolve my last two accounts? I’m not paying anyone else. I paid you to do this. Now you have me trapped into paying someone else.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Michael we appreciate your feedback. We only charge a one time fee for accounts that we settle. An account specialist will be reaching out to soon to address any further questions you may have. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I dropped my phone while on vacation in Fla. It to be replaced. Called Asurion to see if it could be shipped here. They were able to replace it and ship to me quickly. Made my trip very happy so I could take pictures and talk to family back home.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Frank, we are a debt resolution program that helps clients by negotiating settlements on their behalf with their creditors and helps them settle their debt for less than they owe. Our program is designed for people struggling with debt who are either unable to continue holding things together or are about to reach that point. If you need help resolving your debt, call our Certified Debt Consultants at 800-852-1431 for a free consultation.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Unfortunately I was contained for 90 days and was unable to communicate with anyone my credit card payments. Became 90 days fine and due unforeseen issues my credit is continuously going down and this was a resolution for me. I pray that it works. Sincerely Michele

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Michele, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I have been putting off doing this for a while. But when I made the decision to talk to these folks the decision was much easier to make. They are highly rated and the staff is knowledgeable, answering all my questions.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Lavena we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I am very happy with your services. I have almost finished all of my debt on credit cards. Thank you very much for your help. I will refer your services to my family member or some friends if they need. Thank you again.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Vinh thank you for sharing your experience! It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: April 28, 2022

FDR helped me control my credit card debt. One easy payment each month and the debt was cleared quickly. Great customer service! I would recommend this company to anyone who feels they are drowning with large monthly payments that do not help pay your debt!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Christine we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I’m glad I decided to go to Freedom Debt Relief because my only other choice would have been to file for bankruptcy. Their staff was always very polite and didn’t try to make me feel ashamed because of my predicament. My debts were solved satisfactorily.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Barbara thank you fro reviewing your experience with us. It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Freedom Debt Relief has saved me thousands of dollars. They are always readily available to answer any of my questions at any time. They have been patient with me and helped me through each stage. I will be graduating soon and I will gladly recommend them to anyone for helping to get out of debt and on to a better life! Thanks for the second chance to Freedom!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Tawana thank you for sharing your experience! It's always great to hear clients share how pleased they are with our service efforts and exceptional team. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Very happy and pleased by the way they went and settled my debts. I would definitely recommend this service to my friends and family if they were ever in need of a solution to settle a debt. I will be forever grateful FDR for helping me with my situation and now I can start to look at the future a little better.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Gabriel thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to accompany you in your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I have been happy with the service I have received during the process. Everyone has been informative and professional. I am looking forward to being debt free and graduating from the program. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief for helping me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Marilyn thank you for sharing your experience! It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information