4.5/5 (2401 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

I’m very happy to be debt free, Freedom Debt Relief helped me a lot and I can now put all the debt behind me. I can save money and plan a better future for my family and I. I would recommend anyone who is struggling with debt to sign up with freedom debt relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Mamadou, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

This worked out so well for me. Certain events (death of my daughter's spouse, covid, a car accident, some other health emergencies...) caused me to fall into debt and I couldn't see any easy solutions. FDR was a life-saver. They negotiated incredible settlements to get my debt to a manageable level and helped me to stick with a payment plan. I am truly grateful.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Rosalie, we are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the outcome of your program. Ensuring that our members are supported through their journey is our number one goal!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

We went with someone else from June thru Dec of 2022 and we were not getting any results. Paid them every month for 7 months and a little extra. When we finally got no results we went with Freedom. What a change. Just getting started but when need help I know I just have to call and you answer our questions. Happy to be here.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Deborah, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Two MONTHS AGO - I called and asked for the total payoff amount....I was provided a sum and immediately deposited the money.... Two months later and you still have not paid everything off....and you continue the ACH drafts from my bank. I want my debt paid off immediately and everything completed immediately. And you still have ACH transfers scheduled for a full year out. WHAT Gives? I want this DONE - Today! It should have been done two months ago. I am not a happy customer and will provide such feedback on every website I can find. STOP taking money from your customers. THIEVES!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi David, we are sorry to hear you feel this way about our program and our company. An account specialist will be reaching out to assist you with this process.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

The FDR Progam and negotiating team is doing an exceptional job of negotiating with my creditors. It would have taken nearly 16 years for me to pay off these bills at the minimum payments that I was making. I highly recommend the fdr program.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Joel, we are thrilled to see your program and process go smoothly and effectively. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I had credit card debt that I was unsure of how I was gonna pay them off. I contacted Freedom Debt Relief and they assisted me from day one. It wasn’t an easy journey however I knew this was something that needed to be done and freedom debt relief did not disappoint!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Phito, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Freedom is spot on! This process has been so seamless and stressless. I appreciate all FDR is doing to help me eliminate my mounting debt!! I was a little stressed out with all the creditors calling but they coached me on what to say and most of the calls stopped!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Beth, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I have been very pleased with Freedom. They have been very diligent in helping pay off credit cards. I have never had any problems with Freedom and they are always there to answer questions. So glad I got involved with them. I would recommend them highly!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Nancy, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I called the phone number on the website and they picked right up and got me enrolled and ever since it has been going smoothly. They really keep you informed on all of the questions that I've had and are in constant contact on my account.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Christopher, we are thrilled to see your program and process go smoothly and effectively. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I was expecting something different. I wished I understood it ,when explained to me. But they are doing what they said they would do. For me myself I wished I would have gone a different direction. But this is what I choose.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Gayle, we encourage you to contact our customer service team to discuss your options, we want you to be able to continue our program comfortably and to continue your progress.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I started my Freedom Debt Relief program in June of 2022. In just 6 months, most of my enrolled debt has been negotiated and I'm truly impressed with the outcome. This is an amazing program and I appreciate all of the work and communication I have received. You guys are amazing!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Eduardo, we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our members remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Everyone is very helpful in helping us restructure our finances during this time and we are thankful for your direction and support and we will recommend your services to any of our friends that needs this type of assistance in the future!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Stephanie, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Fantastic company to work with. They’re kind and professional, expedient in their debt resolutions and very transparent with the consumer. My only gripe would be, is if you miss a deposit, they spam you with notifications on your dashboard that you cannot get rid of. Other than that, absolutely fantastic.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Charles, thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the results of your program! Please let us know how we can continue to support you!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Would highly recommend very hassle free, the people have been awesome to work with. I hope everyone has a great experience like I have had. The relief I have felt with the help from this program has helped more stress go away. I will definitely recommend this to more single moms whom like myself made some bad financial decisions. A lot of the other programs out there are not as helpful with the information or the breakdown of the programs

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Lori, we cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

FDR helped me a great deal. I appreciate how FDR worked with me and my payment each month. I would definitely recommend them to all of my friends. It takes some time but it’s definitely worth it. I definitely want to thank Freedom Debt Relief and I couldn’t have done it without them.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Noreen, we cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

My wife and I reviewed accounts - some were cancelled due to us NOT using them enough! Another was cancelled due to low credit scores even though we were paying them EVERY MONTH. Debt Relief helped us out. In just a couple of years we know we will be in great shape. Hope we live long enough to enjoy it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story with us. We look forward to your success in our program and we know you will live a happy debt-free life soon! Rest assured we are here to assist you and support you every step of the way!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Good experience but I need add another card and spend almost a month. I don’t know what is happening. Can you please call me back when you can or if I need to do another thing. I want to know when you started with payments.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jeisel, thank you for reaching out to us. We would be happy to help, please call our customer service team at your earliest convenience, out team is ready to help seven days a week!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

This process took away a lot of dreaded anxiety away from me, having to deal with creditors that I could not pay was stressful. The people I worked with were helpful, they were friendly, they were compassionate. Setting money aside through this program to clear my debt was a relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Jamie, we are happy to hear that we have been able to relieve some of the stress you were feeling. Our members goals are very important to us, rest assured we will continue to be a support system for you!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Long story short, I was tired of literally working to pay bills. I realized it didn’t matter how hard I tried I still wasn’t getting ahead. I was hesitant about the program because I didn’t want my credit to take a hit in the process, but sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward. I received my first settlement within weeks of signing up and it’s been motivating from there.!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Precious, it is wonderful to hear that you decided to seek our assistance to make a difference in your financial life. We understand how difficult it can be to take the first steps, but we are very proud of you and the progress you have made. Rest assured we will continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

It's definitely a long process & stressful at times. Trust me it will definitely be worth it in the end. I started in January 2019 & had my last settlement December 2022. It's such a relief to finally say I'm debt free!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Shameka, it is great to hear that despite the initial nerves of beginning our program, your hard work and dedication has definitely paid off!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I think it is a wonderful service, the people are compassionate and nonjudgmental. It’s a great way to get a fresh start! I would highly recommend this program to anyone I could. It’s also a very easy process and they streamline it for you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Joanna, thank you for allowing us to be your partners in your journey to financial freedom. Ensuring that we meet our embers goals and needs is very important to us. We look forward to your continued success!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I found myself drowning in debt after my second job went out of business and I was unable to easily find new employment. I knew I was barely keeping my head above water and that an unexpected car or medical issue would push me under. Then I was lucky enough to find Freedom Debt Relief. When I initially called, they kindly took the time to listen to my story and tell me what would happen if I enrolled in their program. That treatment is what made me decide to sign up with them. And, boy, am I glad I did. They do so much to take the stress off of your shoulders, even giving you a place to direct debt collectors to help relieve your stress.

Once you get your debt enrolled and your dedicated account set up, it is very easy to follow your progress, upload a needed document or making an extra deposit. They are amazing at getting in touch with you via e-mail and text if they have something important to contact you about, such as confirming a new settlement. They have made situations such as needing a power of attorney to help negotiate a settlement, as easy as they can. And if you have any questions, they are always wonderful to deal with in a timely and friendly manner. So, if you find yourself in bad debt, don’t stress. Call Freedom Debt Relief and let them see if they can help you out and take that worry away from you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Kevin, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

FDR is great to explain your whole process so you can understand. In less than a month I see results on my account. All I have to do is stay the course. We recommend FDR to anyone in the struggle with credit.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Edwin, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our service efforts! We like to ensure that our clients are receiving all of the information necessary to be successful in their program!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

It was easy to enroll in the program. I found the consultants to be very professional, helpful and honest. The program went just as was explained. Someone was always available when I called and my questions were always answered. I would highly recommend this program to anyone struggling with debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Betty, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our service efforts! We like to ensure that our clients are receiving all of the information necessary to be successful in their program!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I have to admit I was very nervous at first. After talking with customer service representatives they assured me that everything would be ok. Whenever I have a question on anything they have the answers. They have helped me settle two debts already and I am in my fifth month. High interest rates were killing my pocket book and they gave me the tools I needed to help me. I would strongly recommend this program to anyone who is suffering and struggling with debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Valerie, rest assured our customer service team is ready to help at any point that you may need assistance! Thank you for allowing us the honor to partner with you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

5 stars for everything in helping me resolve my debt. Everyone helpful, dedicated to helping me resolve my debt issues. Every assistance I needed was resolved and every associate very knowledgeable with my debt. I hope everyone hears about how helpful and knowledgeable your company is in resolving debt issues.

Thank you so very much!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Ruthie, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our service efforts! We like to ensure that our clients are receiving all of the information necessary to be successful in their program!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I couldn't be more happy with Freedom Debt Relief. They have made so easy for me to get caught up and to get my credit cards paid off and a lot less time than what it would have been if I tried to do it myself. I would highly recommend this company to everyone.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Helen, congratulations on completing your goal of becoming debt-free! Thank you for recommending us, it is a true honor!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

They helped me settle debt on credit cards for less than I owed. They are good at getting settlements. Great company. If you would like to get out of debt and not pay as much interest then I recommend this service to you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Steven, it is wonderful to hear that you are pleased with your savings. Rest assured we are actively working hard on your behalf to obtain the best savings!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

Through my experience with FDR I have been able to clear most of my debt in a short time. FDR has been a great asset towards that goal. I appreciate this opportunity and recommend it to anyone that has found themselves in financial difficulty. FDR has been instrumental in my being able to keep from filing bankruptcy and restored my financial freedom.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Robert, we are honored to guide you in your journey to financial freedom! We look forward to your success with your new debt-free future!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

They have been really great with helping me with my debt. Their negotiation skills are very good when talking to my services. I'm grateful. Their customer service is nice too. I enjoy the clarity that they give when helping me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Jean, it is great to hear that we have been able to meet your needs! Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information