4.4/5 (2373 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I was in over my head with debt. I called and spoke to a very nice man who took the time to go over my debt. It was very easy and now I’m feeling very good with my decision. I just thank the company for working with me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Cynthia, thank you for sharing your experience! It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Grateful for the experience with you all. Can not wait to be debt free once again. Being overwhelmed in debt can be a stressful and depressive situation. Credit cards are good to use when used in a responsible way and for meaningful reason.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Joyce, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are happy with our service efforts! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Wish it would be resolved quicker. I have money in an account to pay more. So that my credit score could recover quicker. But I’m thankful that this service is here. As painful as it is. Thank you again.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Teri, rest assured you are in good hands. Our negotiations team is actively working on settling accounts as fats as they can. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

So far all has gone very well. Help if needed is there. Progress going smoothly. Of course time is slow but a big load off me has been so much help. Am looking forward to reaching the final goal. Thank you so much.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Terry! We are thrilled to see your program and process go smoothly and effectively. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Thank you for all your help. This will help me finish before my time. I never wanted to trust anyone but you gave me a reason to trust you so now I will recommend family and friend, Freedom Debt thank you for being there for me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Jackie! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Have helped me a great deal with my outstanding debt. I’m grateful that I called Freedom Debt Relief for help. I am able to not worry how I will stretch my income to take care of my debt. They have already settled 2 of my accounts. Grateful for the stress I don’t have to deal with.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Sandra! We're so happy to hear how much we have helped alleviate the stress you were experiencing. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I am sick of all the phone calls. Seems that FDR could notify creditors of our partnership and stop the calls. I also do not understand why the largest debt is paid off first when the tiny ones are paid off only at the end.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Jo, thank yo for your feedback. We have resources on your dashboard to help guide you through creditor calls. We will contact your creditors once we are ready for negotiations. There are many different factors that are considered when negotiating your accounts, account balances are not necessarily the main factor. We encourage you to contact our customer service team for more information regarding negotiations. You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

When I found the Freedom Debt Relief Program I was completely overwhelmed with credit card debt and lost my second business venture. The representatives here patiently guided me through each step of the process towards rectifying my financial debt relief goals. Very soon I will graduate the program having learned a valuable lesson, never looking back.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Bradley! We are thrilled to see your program and process go smoothly and effectively. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Feeling like I can breathe again. So far 5 have been taken care of and 3 are paid off. Makes me feel like I will have freedom from this debt. I'm on social security so money is limited. With raising prices it gets harder to eat, pay bills, and medicine. My electricity went over $360 this summer and I couldn't of paid everything

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Cindy, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

It’s been a relief to have someone walk beside you through this process. They are hard at work. Informative. I like that they stick to the facts. Do the best job they can for each client. Yes I would recommend them to others

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Ramona! We are happy to hear that you are happy with our service efforts! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I have been so happy with Freedom Debt Relief. I don't know what I would of done without their help. I guess it would of been bankruptcy court. Thank you. I'm so grateful to their help. I wish I would of know about them in 2011 when I filed for chapter 11. That would of been better. I have told 5 of my friends about how easy and carefree it is with freedom debt relief. I can't even explain how great it is knowing I will closer to debt free when they are done.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Candace! Thank you for recommending our program! It is our pleasure to provide a service that leads you to a brighter financial future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Before I joined Freedom Debt Relief, I was struggling with paying off my credit card debts. Freedom debt relief has really helped me and my family to become debt free. The customer service is great, and the program is easy to follow. I'm really glad I joined!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Marly! We are happy to hear that you are happy with our service efforts! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Everything was thoroughly explained to me step by step. I don't have any issues when trying to reach a representative in case I need to make a change, or if I need any additional information or questions. Everyone I have dealt with were knowledgeable and highly professional. The process has been extremely trouble free and it is proceeding a lot faster than anticipated. I am very satisfied with my experience with Freedom Debt Relief. I highly recommend them.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Pierre, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Freedom Debt Relief has made my path to financial freedom very smooth. It's been a very worthwhile experience and knowing I will be in a better financial state very soon is something I really look forward to. I really appreciate all the help they have given me through this process! Thank you so much!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Excellent feedback, Michael. Our top goal is to make sure we support our clients every step of the way toward a debt-free future. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experiences. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

When I first started the journey with FDR I was like, "This is awesome," until the fees for everything started rolling in. That needs to be addressed more in the consult and finalization process. I didn't realize nor was I fully informed about the fees that are associated with everything. I think you should be more detailed with everything.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, Melanie, we are sorry to hear you feel mislead. Keep in mind that our settlement fees are bigger savings than having to pay your creditors the full 100% of the debt owed + interest % + any additional fees they charge. Yes, your creditor may have presented a lower settlement amount, but that is just to pull you back in so they could hit you with having to pay the full balance. Our settlements are secure and offer you a reduction in your debt that will lead you to become financially free! If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

The people I spoke with were knowledgeable and helpful and made me feel comfortable signing up with Freedom Debt Relief. I look forward to them assisting me and removing my debt in a timely manner that won’t kill me financially.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Janis! We are happy to hear that you are happy with our service efforts! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Helped me understand the process. Made sure that I was receiving the right help from all available resources. Have kept in touch and made sure that I didn’t feel alone or incapable of making the right choices to solve my debt issues.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Leslie, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I am very satisfied with the work that you all have done. I will recommend to others about your services. I don’t need to do anything. You all are doing your job very nicely and on timely communication. Keep up your good work as team. Excellent work.

Mohini,

So glad to hear you are satisfied with our services and communication. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns at 1-800-655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

You guys are always on top of things basically. I just make the payments and you guys do the rest. Love it, also you guys keep track of all other problems that might occurred and give advices to do better.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Ricardo, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I love the service. They keep me updated. Great customer support. The customer dashboard is very helpful. I don’t feel like Freedom Debt is here to resolve my debt. Any time I call they are there with great customer service.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Evangeline, we are happy to hear that you are happy with our service efforts! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I've called several times mainly just to reinforce that the decision to do this was the right thing to do. The representative was always patient with me and answered all my questions. I will feel better once I've made my 1st deposit into my account and I see how the program works.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Mary, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Much worry off of my mind. Friendly and excellent service. The prompt negotiations with creditors is absolutely amazing. The results after negotiations are outstanding. I could not be happier. Thank you for everything you are doing to help me. I will certainly recommend Freedom Debt Relief to all who need help with outstanding debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Helen, thank you for recommending our program! It is our pleasure to provide a service that leads you to a brighter financial future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

If this something you have to do it the. Go for it but I do not recommend. The settlement fees are high, also run the risk of garnishment, and you run the risk of the payment being late so then you have to deal with getting served. And they don’t answer right away. Just the worst.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We are sorry to hear you had a poor experience Maricruz. Keep in mind that our settlement fees are bigger savings than having to pay your creditors the full 100% of the debt owed + interest % + any additional fees they charge. Yes, your creditor may have presented a lower settlement amount, but that is just to pull you back in so they could hit you with having to pay the full balance. Our settlements are secure and offer you a reduction in your debt that will lead you to become financially free! We understand that our program may not be the best option for everyone, we wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Discover's legal court action for garnishment of wages response by them made it more difficult for me and FDR. The situation left me wondering what my options would be. My income is very limited and I feel that using half of my current wages from my part-time job to pay my debt is as much as I can afford. Hopefully, Discover now as of 9/12 - 9/13 will accept the terms presented. I appreciate the assistance, for the first time, I unhappily wondered about a bankruptcy option.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Rose, our negotiations team takes pride in making sure our clients meet their goal of becoming debt-free. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

It hasn’t even been a year. And I’m already either paying some of my debts or some have already been paid off. They have been good with following up with me and really keeping track of everything. I’m very glad I took their offer.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi James! We are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

When your financial situation is at its worse. You take that leap of faith. Counting on others to help you, after so many have taken advantage. And they come through for you. Providing peace of mind and financial freedom. Highly recommended!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Gabriel! Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Since I’ve joined the FDR family I have cut my monthly expenses in half and they are killing it with the negotiating of my debt, I came to them with a mountain of debt not knowing how I was ever going to get out of it, well they had a plan and we are working that plan, best call I ever made!!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi David, we work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I appreciate the fast action. The only problem that I have is the lack of knowledge in the communication between me and one of your representatives... That is all that iI really have to say, other than that I am pleased... Will be happy when all the negotiations are complete.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Aleka, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We are sorry to hear you had a poor experience with one of our agents. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

They have been helpful in helping me to manage my debt issues. They are easy to get in contact with and send you all kinds of emails updating you. I would choose them again if I needed additional help with my credit.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Charles, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I recently graduated from my FDR program. I had a significant amount of credit card debt and the interest rates made it feel like I was going nowhere even with my month payments. The minute I made my last payment it was an immediate feeling that a weight was lifted off me. I feel so relieved to be able to move forward and make better decisions financially but now I also have the opportunity to get further ahead in my savings goals. I don’t know what I would of done or where I would be (financially) today, if it wasn’t for FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Matthew! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information