Get Started

2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.4/5 (3787 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Happy with the first settlement but tired of the constant calls. I wish there was a way to notify companies that the debt is being worked on so the phone calls would stop. Other than that things are pretty good.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Ryan. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Very easy to work with, keep you well informed and customer service staff have been friendly and efficient! My first settlement was settled with an amazing settlement achieved by FDR! Highly recommend them to help get you out of debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Sheldon, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We're elated to be able to assist you along your debt-free journey. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

It's a great example of how to get rid of debt. It's easy to apply. No fees. As far as I know they negotiate for you with the creditor's directly. They also keep in touch with you during the duration of the action.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Olivier. We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Freedom Debt Relief is a little slow moving, but other than that, they're good. My debts are getting resolved. I'm down to the last four accounts. All of their reps seem pretty nice. Their legal team is really nice too. I had a few issues earlier this year with creditors that didn't want to wait to be negotiated, and they got the legal team and that was a good experience. They picked a really good legal team here in Delaware. I'm very pleased. Freedom Debt Relief has pretty much done what they told me they were going to do. I send in my payment and they pay my creditors. They said if any creditor got impatient and I ran into legal issues, as long as I paid into the legal thing, they’d take care of it, and they did. So they've been true to their word.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Robin, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! its always great to hear that our clients are happy with their progress and our service efforts. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

So far I'm satisfied with FDR. I just became a member. In time, I may have more to report. The representatives are very informative. The representative I've spoken with was very sensitive to my needs. They took a lot of time helping me. I'm not very much into computers. I honestly do not know how to add images or choose files.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Janet. It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Very friendly, understanding, and knowledgeable about the details of the program. They were willing to answer any questions I had and were honest about the process of my payments and how it can affect credit scores for a while. I feel confident that this process will help get me out of being trapped by high interest credit cards and loans. I also like that I keep track of their processes, my payments, and my remaining amount through the website.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Heather. It's always great to hear clients share how pleased they are with our service efforts and exceptional team. We're elated to see you are using your Client Dashboard! This is a great tool to use to stay informed of your program progress! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

The program works well. They literally lifted a weight off my shoulders and I can breath again. The only negative I have is that the fees were a little higher than anticipated. Almost the same as what they negotiated off.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Julius. We're so happy to hear how much we have helped alleviate the stress you were experiencing. Keep in mind that our settlement fees are bigger savings than having to pay your creditors the full 100% of the debt owed + interest % + any additional fees they charge. Yes, your creditor may have presented a lower settlement amount, but that is just to pull you back in so they could hit you with having to pay the full balance. Our settlements are secure and offer you a reduction in your debt that will lead you to become financially free! We are committed to providing customer satisfaction and you have our full attention 7 days of the week. Please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Thank you! The service that you provide was a great help. I was able to handle the monthly payments and still eat! It was very important to maintain a healthy weight by consuming to correct amount of calories. Yep! It was great!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Troy. Our top goal is to make sure we support our clients every step toward a brighter financial future. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I am very happy that Freedom Debt Relief has helped me with paying off creditors and bank payments. Thank you for all that you do and mysteriously doing with my account. Freedom Debt Relief has become a fast paced and growing industry that does not mind helping others in everything that is put forth for them to do.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Melissa. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I am very happy with my experience with Freedom Debt Relief. They have been very helpful helping me with resolving my debts and getting my credit score up. They have done a great job, and I would recommend their services to anyone. Thank you FDR for all your help.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Sherry. We work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Freedom Debt Relief is a great organization to work with. Very willing to help and answers all your questions. Staff members are very polite and considerate. I would recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone that is experiencing some financial burdens.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Debbie. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Freedom Debt Relief's program was awesome. It was a relief not having to try to conquer all that I was trying to do. I had a husband that passed away and a lot to figure out. Now, I'm getting an old debt paid off. At one point, I had to decrease the amount I was paying because my income changed, but then it changed again. So, I went ahead and increased it back.

When I was doing that slidebar, I was trying to think, “How much can I afford and stretch myself a little bit to maybe get this done next year and not in two years?” I put the amount up to 170, twice a month, and it came back that I was gonna have it paid off super fast. But now it's showing it's still a couple of years away. I was a little confused on that, which I know settlements vary depending on what they settle for. Meanwhile, my son will be done before me, but he didn't have as much as me. I referred him, and he likes it.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Ronda! Thank you for sharing that with us, rest assured we are here to help you in any way we can! We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Dissatisfied with the settlements the negotiators have made with some of the creditors. I could have done that on my own. There is no way to talk to the negotiating team on my account as I was able to in the beginning of my program. This has changed and you only talk to a customer service rep when contacting FDR not your negotiating team. I am not complaining about the customer service because they do their best to answer your questions when I call in. I am just dissatisfied that I cannot speak with my negotiating team on my account as in the beginning of the program.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for reviewing your program Lorraine! We are thrilled to accompany your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Well, the program is very supportive and give me a relief on my financial worries. Your rep Cory K was very helpful and provided me an excellent service. He shows me that I have hope in solving my financial issue. The apps is easy to use and the program is well organized.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Jesus, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Freedom Debt Relief is great. They made good settlements with the people I owe money to, and I have two years left.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Margaret, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I had a credit card from Bank of America and I gave it to Freedom Debt to condense my payments. Well they started out paying $205 a month and then without paying it off they stop paying and I was taken to court.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Theresa. It is our goal to provide you with excellent service and help you better manage debts for a better financial future. We understand your concerns about the program and we appreciate the feedback. Due to the nature of your concerns an account specialist will reach out to you to address any questions or concerns you may have. Again thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I wasn't feeling well the day I talked to the Customer Service person on my 1st scheduled call with them but he was very nice & patient w/ me. I'm happy with my decision to go with FDR & the Customer Service personnel have been very nice & full of information for me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Esperanza. It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

It is very good and I love the service. The people are very helpful when I need help. I recommend this to a friend because of what they do and they really do help me and it can help my friends and family.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Federico. We're honored to be your solution to financial relief. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I am very pleased with FDR. I needed this help so badly. I was bogged down in debt. Everyone that I talked to was so nice and so willing to help me. It's just a blessing for me!!! I will be glad to recommend this service to a friend that is in trouble. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Fannie. We're so happy to hear how much we have helped alleviate the stress you were experiencing. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I believe I was misinformed when I started the program. I was told I had to include my credit card from USAA. It would not set well if I was paying the credit card and trying to decrease the other creditors. USAA called me a few months later and told me that was not true. I could get a better deal with them or keep paying them the charges and keep the card. So I feel I was misinformed.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Glenn. We strive to provide great service and provide debt relief. We take feedback very seriously and for those reasons an account specialist will reach out to you shortly regarding your experience. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

FDR is helping me out. They take care of my payments and I don't have to hassle with it. I just pay my monthly payment every month and it's great for me. They also caused a lot of savings for me. Their customer service has been excellent and they've always dealt with anything I've called in. One time, I was served and I went to court. And I was freaking out when I got it. But I called them, they took care of it that day, and I didn't have to worry about it. It's been like four years but I'm getting to the end of the program. I initially had 10 accounts and now I'm down to the last four I'm paying on.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Michele. We're honored to be your solution to financial relief. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Delivering as promised. Freedom Debt Relief professional and efficient associates have helped me and my family tremendously. Honest and realistic goals and payment plans. Reliable and consistent with sincere care. Overall, if you want to save real money with all your debt, Freedom Relief is a no-brainer. Donny

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Donald. It's always great to hear clients share how pleased they are with our service efforts and exceptional team. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I spoke with Tony S. and found him to be informative and so very patient in explaining details when I became confused. The step by step setup of the dashboard. I can't say enough about how helpful everyone was. Now that the process has begun, I feel a great weight has been lifted. Thank you one and all for everything you do.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Thomas. It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

A great program that helped me through a rough spot. I would recommend to anyone that needs some help! Thanks so much for all the help and timely info. Everyone that I talked to or worked with was very timely and helpful.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Julie. We’re elated to be able to assist you along your debt-free journey. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

We were told, before we signed on the dotted line, that this was going to be a 48 month program. It is not. Not even close. Had I known that it would be 5+ YEARS. I would have picked a different program or filed for bankruptcy. I'd be done by now and my credit would have rebuilt by now.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Richard. Bankruptcy could provide a fresh start for some people, but it also has serious consequences. The obvious negative is the long‐term negative impact on your credit (up to 10 years). Bankruptcy is usually an option of last resort for people in deep financial hardship and have little to no money for any other kind of debt relief alternative. Due to the nature of your concerns an account specialist will reach out to you to address any questions or concerns you may have. Again thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I would recommend to a friends and family. Saved lots of money on my credit card debt. They negotiated deep discounts with my creditors. Most cards I saved half of what I owed. This program has really helped me get my finances on track.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Joseph, thank you for reviewing your experience and recommendations. Rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I am happy to reach out to Freedom, I am retired and have a set income so I really need to be out debt. Thank you freedom. For helping me to get out of debt. I have been people I know, that freedom is way to get out debt and way of hope.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, James. We're elated to be able to assist you along your debt-free journey. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

THis has helped us get out of debt. Great program. It is easy to access your information online. When you do have to call they are super nice and helpful. It is easy to approve a settlement. I am glad I chose this program. I am close to being finished.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Stephen. We're elated to be able to assist you along your debt-free journey. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I like the website and how easy it is to use. I am not very computer literate so the easier a computer experience is the better I can enjoy going online and getting the information I need to stay updated.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Don. We're elated to see you are using your Client Dashboard! This is a great tool to use to stay informed of your program progress! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Excellent cooperation with representatives each and every time. Easy to talk with and explained answers to all my concerns. Would recommend their services to anyone. They showed me how this works. How long it will take. Could not have done it by myself.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, John. We work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information