4.5/5 (2401 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

These people are so kind and understanding and I would definitely recommend their service to anyone. Very positive experience with them. During a time that I was being overwhelmed due to a medical experience, every one of the staff were uplifting and extremely careful in explaining the program every step of the way.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Terri, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

For anyone who has gotten over their head in financial debt, you can count on fair and understanding service from Freedom Debt Relief. I turned over what I could to them and they handled the rest. My credit rating has been improving after every settlement. It did drop at first, but that is expected and you are informed of it. They were straightforward and honest about their services.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Peter, it is great to hear that we have been able to meet your needs! Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I am completely satisfied with the settlements that Freedom achieved for me. I am finally through all my negotiations and now I just have to stay consistent with my payments and/or increase the deposits to move up my debt free graduation date!!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Marquis, we are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service efforts. We look forward to your continued progress and graduation in the near future!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

It's funny it says to please be accurate and fair! It was not fair to me on how the Wells Fargo account was handled, as law firm dropped a huge ball on this one, as well as FDR and FDR use them still.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Catherine, thank you for reaching out to us with this feedback. An account specialist will be reaching out to discuss your account with you in detail.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Freedom Financial representatives are extremely helpful and very professional in helping you get out of debt. They take the time to listen to your needs and work very hard to see what would benefit you. They got my first credit card with a fifty percent payoff. 'Im extremely happy with their amazing services! I would highly recommend them to everyone!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Rosanne, it is great to hear that you are happy with your progress so far. Rest assured that we will continue to work hard on your behalf to settle your accounts and obtain the best savings possible, across all of your accounts!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I appreciate the timely manner and how my debt is getting results. If you stick with this program, it’ll get you out of the debt that you are looking for customer service is excellent. I would recommend this to any family member or friend who is trying to get their debt situation resolved.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Lanny, we appreciate your words of encouragement for future and current members. Your patience and hard work have really shown in your progress! We look forward to your continued success!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I was in deep stress when called Freedom Debt Relief. I truly thank you for your help. Things are much better than before. Say again thank you for everything. Keep up the good work and I would recommend you to anyone.

Freedom Debt Relief response

James, we cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Staff is very friendly. They are quick to answer any questions. They work with you and what budget you can afford. Once I turned everything over to them I never received any more calls from collectors. It takes a little while for the program but is worth the time.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Ruth Ann, it is great to hear you felt supported and that your needs were met when you joined us! We look forward to your continued success!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

We have been very satisfied with Freedom, except for one situation that has happened recently. We had a garnishment that I believe should have been handled in a different way. I was under the assumption that we should have been protected from the creditor that took not only from our account but also from my mom's account, which I am the trustee, causing a hardship for me and her. Attorneys were not very helpful at all.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Larry, we are sorry to hear that this happened. We want to make sure you're receiving the support that you need. An account specialist will be reaching out to address your questions.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Took over a month to settle my last account, on that time my contribution went to FDR instead of paying off the loan, also the FDR employee taking care of my account left without telling me and I find out when the new one called me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Julio, we are sorry to hear about this experience you had with us. An account specialist will be reaching out address your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I am very satisfied from the service received from Freedom Debt Relief and the way they had handled my debts. I will definitely recommend to anybody. Also the peace of mind of having a company that support you in the event a credit card company sue me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Juan, we cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Freedom Debt Relief did an excellent job of handling communications with the creditors and the payments and the negotiation to reduce our debt. I’m pleased to recommend them to anyone else. They did a very good job and we appreciate it very much.

Freedom Debt Relief response

David, we cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Getting all the help that Freedom Financial gives you helps you retain your sense of freedom and health, without letting any more stress and anxiety affecting your health. This alone is worth everything you do get for your peace of mind.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Charles, thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us! We are happy to be able to help you during times of stress and need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

I have been very satisfied with using the services of Freedom Debt Relief. They are truly about their work, if it wasn't for me letting them help me, I would still be making payments that was over my head!!! I am now out of debt, I don't have the big monthly bills anymore, and I can see my way to a very comfortable retirement, with no credit card debt!!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Lenon, it is great to hear that we have been able to meet your needs! Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Speaking with an advisor and having a clear understanding of the services made me more confident that I’m making the right decision on how to handle my finances at this time in my life. Can’t wait to see the end result.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Lisa, rest assured our customer service team is ready to help at any point that you may need assistance! Thank you for allowing us the honor to partner with you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Service was very informative and updates are timely, hassle free and if there are any questions you can call toll free and talk to a service agent. I would recommend this service to a friend or a family member.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Richard, it is great to hear that we have been able to meet your needs! Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Freedom Relief helped when my family was really struggling with a pile of bills that came in all at once and the income wasn't really coming in. Medical bills hit all at once also and it would have been really hard to recover. Freedom Relief made it happen. So grateful!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Francis, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

FDR is a great place to help you pay down your debts. They are fair and reasonable and will help you with any concerns or account problems you may have. Would recommend them to anyone needing to pay off credit cards or any other type of debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Sheryn, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

The customer service that I spoke to was very professional and explain to me that I would be taking care of my problem and I will repair my credit that my Son got me into this situation that my son got me into. Of all the line of creditors that I spoke to to repair my credit Freedom really help me out to understand how to take care of my whole situation.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Frank, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Overall, FDR did a good job. Most staff were nice and tried to help out. They did what they were supposed to do. You do need to follow up on what's discussed after a call and check your dashboard to make sure any additional debt is properly enrolled. I submitted some after my initial application, but it never showed up on the site. I don't recommend paying for their legal service. Communication was poor. I did have a good experience with FDR in all. My advice is to stick with the program, make your payments, and pay attention to details with your FDR account, and if you can manage those things, you will do just fine.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi James, we appreciate your words of encouragement for future and current members. Your patience and hard work have really shown in your progress! We look forward to your continued success!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

I’m new to this process, but so far appreciate the guidance, support and informative resources provided by FDR. Their information has been accurate, so I know what to expect from creditors and how to handle my situation every step of the way.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Nancy, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our service efforts! We like to ensure that our clients are receiving all of the information necessary to be successful in their program!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

I recently reviewed a settlement for a creditor that was less than 9k when the debt was enrolled and the debt grew to over $11k while the negotiation was under strategic hold.. As it turns out they settled for no less than 100% and cost me an additional $2k in 30 months.. I have one debt left to settle and this event worries me badly, as I will likely be on the hook for an additional $5k or more when this is over.. I don’t feel as this was good value.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi John, we are sorry to hear that you did receive the savings you expected. An account account specialist will be reaching out to address any questions you may have regarding your last account.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

Just ok. Some reps are more knowledgeable than others and more helpful. This process is better than bankruptcy but not a perfect solution. I have learned from this experience not to get credit cards anymore. Cash only now on. Only suggestion is to better train staff.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, Robert. We love to hear that we were able to bring you relief and that you are so close to being debt free! Thank you for sharing this journey with us and trusting us to keep you on the right path.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

My credit is finally going up and bills getting paid. I have recommended Freedom Debt Relief to several of my friends. I hope they join this Relief program because I know it will help them reach their goals in paying off their bills.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Roselinda, we cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

Freedom have been very helpful. It really gives me a piece of mind and I feel it teaches responsibility and stability and obligation. I like Freedom Debt Relief and I will definitely tell everyone I know that might need the help.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Patricia, we cannot thank you enough for trusting us and we are so happy to hear that you feel confident enough in us to refer our service to your loved ones! We are very thankful for your partnership and wish you continued success!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, very attentive to my needs. Treated me like a family member and not a number. I had a great conversation with everyone I spoke with. I’m so glad I decided to contact Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Christopher, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so happy to hear that we have been able to put you at ease and help you get that debt behind you. Congratulations on being debt free, we wish you nothing but continued success! Thank you for being the best part of Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

I want to thank Freedom Relief for helping me and my family out in a hard time. I would recommend freedom relief to people who are struggling with credit debt. They will help you out and get your life back on track. Thank you so much.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi William, reading your review made us smile! We are so happy for you and your success in our program. Thank you for staying committed and for trusting us to be your partner!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

Freedom Debt Relief forced me to have to discipline and become responsible for my debts. After all, I spent the money and had to own up to it. At first I was skeptical, but as time wore on and I was able to meet the agreed monthly payments, it seems to have gone by rapidly. They treated me kindly and got me out of debt with only half of my obligations. Thanks again.

Joe

Freedom Debt Relief response

Richard, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

A friend told me to call the credit card companies and negotiate with them myself but that seemed overwhelming to me and I needed to get on with life. FDR handled my debt as well as a threat of a suit from one of my credit card companies and that legal service cost me only $12 a month! My only recommendation is do your due diligence concerning their fees so you know what you were getting into. But I am very pleased with FDR and would recommend them to anyone!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Judith, It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

FDR was a great asset in helping us resolve and pay off a mountain of debt we had accrued over time and hardships. They were great negotiating with our creditors and showed us our progress every month on our digital dashboard. Only negative is we are told they would reach out with a lender they work with to consolidate our debt and get everyone paid off within a year, but nothing ever happened and we stayed in the program for 3 years. Credit took a big dive for 3 years, but they saved us 20k on our amount due.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Steven, it is wonderful to hear that we have been able to help you get out of a tough situation. Your feedback is very appreciated! Congratulations on the completion of your program, we look forward to your continued success!

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information