4.4/5 (2803 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: May 6, 2022

Had a most wonderful experience and interaction. I will actually be very active in recommending with a link to my Agent in my postings. A lot of "paperwork' dealt with seamlessly and helped to fully understand the process. My pleasure to have contacted and signed up. Have Settle Accounts almost immediately. They do all the work. Thank you, very much, Alan

Freedom Debt Relief response

Alan thank you for sharing your experience! It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I have been happy with the experience we have had with the services. We are just at the beginning of the services. I am still getting calls from some of the collectors. I see Experian and credit karma are giving me a credit response.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jose we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Creditor calls are part of the process the good news is we have resources on your dashboard that can help you handle these difficult calls. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Due to certain things that were happening in my life I got into a financial bind. Had it not been for Freedom Debt Relief I do not know what I would have done. The staff has always been caring and helpful. I’ve never felt judged. I cannot thank you enough for all the help that you’ve given me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience Suzanne. It is great to hear that we have been able to assist you in your journey to financial freedom. Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 6, 2022

They offered me a program and the rep did an excellent job.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Charles, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 6, 2022

It’s really really hard to give my opinion on something what I’ve yet to even make a payment towards my debt BUT I can tell you that Caprii was very helpful, courteous, friendly and I’m happy in knowing that she is there WHEN I need help!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Debbie, we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 5, 2022

One month into the Journey with FDR a ways to go...The staff members are Professional, Courteous, and Kind...It is very early in this process of consolidation when we are having financial hardship however the staff brings hope. Perhaps FDR can assist with Our National Debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Lloyd, it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 5, 2022

The program works and saved me thousands, the customer service is top notch and I never had any real problems. They are also very understanding when you need help making the monthly payments and help you out the best they can.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Kevin thank you for sharing your experience! It's always great to hear clients share how pleased they are with our service efforts and exceptional team. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 5, 2022

From the time I've started the program about a month ago, it's been a positive experience. The customer service is outstanding with my debt consultant Tiffany **, and she is well knowledgeable Mark a lot. Yes! Most definitely I wouldn't inform most of my friends about this experience, thank you Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Arndrea thank you for sharing your experience! It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 5, 2022

I love you guys. Thanks for helping me pay down my bills. I would have had a lot of calls and Dorothy my ex wife helped me do this. Thank you please for everything thing you do. May God bless you. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Johnny we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 5, 2022

The individuals that you work with are awesome people. They treat you like a real person. They are always there to answer any questions you have. They have helped me resolve all of my debt. I don’t think that I could have done it without them.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Deborah our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 5, 2022

FDR is the best. They delivered everything they promised. AHEAD of schedule. They fixed my credit card debt and got me back on track to financial stability. I can't imagine what my life would look like now if I had not reached out to FDR. Thank you for giving me back my life.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hilda thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to accompany you in your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I’m so relieved I found FDR. It’s been a lifesaver for me. I have recommended them to my friends. I appreciate all FDR has done for me. They handled everything for me. It was such a good feeling not to receive those calls & letters from debtors.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Shirley thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to accompany you in your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 5, 2022

This program is working well for me. Customer service is top quality as well. I can call or use the Freedom Debt app and help me see my dashboard to see how well my progress is going. This has been nothing but a bless for me. Hope those who need it take advantage of this program.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Roger thank you for sharing your experience! It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I recommend this program works great for me. I really appreciate all the help that I get when I started with the program… It’s been already a three years since I started..Freedom Debt Relief is one the best company

Freedom Debt Relief response

Nestor thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to accompany you in your journey to financial freedom. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 5, 2022

This has been a very positive experience, and we appreciate all who we have worked with. Would highly recommend your company. It feels so good to not have our huge debt hanging over us. Will not let this happen again.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Joseph thank you for sharing your experience! It's always great to hear clients share how pleased they are with our service efforts and exceptional team. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 5, 2022

The fees they charge are Excessive!!! Very pushy, they call you to try to goad you into increasing your payments! Most of the counselors are helpful, it's the so called Managers that call to harass you! Think twice before you sign up!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jim, we are sorry to hear that you feel this way about our program. Keep in mind that our settlement fees are bigger savings than having to pay your creditors the full 100% of the debt owed + interest % + any additional fees they charge. Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 5, 2022

You guys did nothing I couldn’t do myself. I been with the company since January and no settlement were made on my account. I would never recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone I know. It would be better to pay off your debts on your own and you’ll avoid unnecessary fees and headaches.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Jessica we are very sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our service. Settlements are dependent on accumulating sufficient funds in order to settle the debt and as long as we continue accumulating funds we should have no problems meeting your goals in realistic timeframes. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 4, 2022

FDR came into our lives and saved us. Cancer started our debt problems and we were in over our heads but one call to FDR, and they saved us. Highly recommend them when you have no other options or places to turn!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Doug we are very sorry to hear the reason that led you to need our assistance. We are happy to see your progress and we look forward to your continued success. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 4, 2022

They are doing what they said they would do. I am looking forward to being out of debt. Found them online and glad I looked into it. They were quick to respond and easy to work with. Would recommend them easily.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Sharon we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 4, 2022

It is so very calming, knowing that I have a handle on my debt. The advisors that I have worked with, have been amazing...carefully explaining the process and guiding me through each step. I would highly recommend FDR to anyone struggling with debt. You’ll have a new lease on life.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Janet our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 4, 2022

Excellent service and very prompt. They knew what I needed and explain every detail. Also the payments were not expensive. I may be sooner than expected. Being debt free is my plan. I have already recommend this to all of friends and family.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I have been very happy with Freedom Debt Relief. Always very pleasant to speak to. Answered all my questions with knowledge and always pleasant. Would recommend to a friend. If they did not know the answer to my question, they would find it out and get back to me. Very happy with your service.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Charlene It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I have been enrolled in this program for a few years now and this has greatly helped me with lowering my debt. I am happy with all the services provided to me to ensure I am on a good path towards debt free.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Sara we are excited to work with you towards your brighter financial future! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Freedom Debt Relief has given me a sense of direction to improve my credit history and credit score. This is a resource that I would share with anyone that has issues with their creditworthiness. Great staff that guides you step by step!!!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Kerric thank you for reviewing your experience with us. We are thrilled to accompany you in your journey to financial freedom. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your every step! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 3, 2022

I couldn’t believe the easy and helpful the Freedom Debt Relief program was. I truly recommend it if you want to get out of debt and get your life back. Easy to use and easy to keep track of your progress.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Rosalinda we're honored to be your solution to financial relief. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 2, 2022

When I signed up I was told I would be done in 2020. It is 2022 and I am still paying. In the beginning I use to get offers to close my accounts from my creditors. Very good offers, but Freedom did not take advantaged of these offers. If they would have taken these offers I would have been done a long time ago. I think they keep you in the program longer to keep you paying. I gave a fair because they represented me in court, but then I had to pay extra for the lawyer.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Deborah, we are sorry to hear that we did not meet all of you expectations and that you are unhappy with the program process. Creditors do make offers to clients directly, but those offers do not always apply to FDR. We do charge a one time fee for each account that we settle, but that fee is only charged once and when and only when an account is settled and we have at least sent out one payment. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I think the process is too drawn out. I think more than one customer should be worked on. If not more than 1 then pay off quicker by putting more on debt. Very kind people to work with. I think the fee I am seeing is excessive.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback Patricia. Settlements are dependent on accumulating sufficient funds in order to settle the debt and as long as we continue accumulating funds we should have no problems meeting your goals in realistic timeframes. Keep in mind that our settlement fees are bigger savings than having to pay your creditors the full 100% of the debt owed + interest % + any additional fees they charge. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: May 2, 2022

All of the FDR representatives from start to finish were excellent with explanations of things and helping with making the best decisions for me with regards for my health issues which have rendered me legally disabled. FDR constantly communicated the progress of negotiations with me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Joshlyn we are so happy to hear you are pleased with our customer service! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 2, 2022

You are on top of everything. Your understanding and concern about my situation is greatly appreciated. I am hopeful that the excellent help you gave me you would do as well to other people. Hoping you continue the good work. Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Judy thank you fro reviewing your experience with us. Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: May 2, 2022

My wife & I are so happy we enrolled in Freedom Debt Relief. We are now credit card debt free & it feels great. Everyone at FDR was so helpful. We highly recommend this program to anyone who is in credit card debt. Thank you so much.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Michael It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information