4.4/5 (2385 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

FDR took all the worries and headaches away from me when I entered their program. I just followed their instructions and recommendations and resolved my debt. They explained every detail of the process to resolve my debt and when I made extra deposits I was explained exactly how that would affect my debt resolution and exactly what would happen from that point.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Michael, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Very professional and helped me understand a lot. I am very satisfied with the services they are providing for me and am very excited to move forward with my credit profile getting much better for one monthly payment. The web page is very easy to view and work with. It’s just been an overall great experience.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Kathryn, it is great to hear that you feel supported through this process. Continue using your dashboard to stay up to date with your program. Thank you for being a valued client of Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

We sent account info to Dashboard. There was some error indicated by Gmail to be resolved in 24 hrs. However, we are going to send the documents today to account verification email and will discuss with you Monday the 19th during scheduled call. I am frustrated with this process. We sent documents to Dashboard. We will try again today to send document to Dashboard and to Account verification.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Gordon, thank you for your feedback. It sounds like your concerns were addressed during your scheduled call. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

When I started with FDR, So-go wasn’t offering debt consolidation loans. If they had, I would have thought long and hard about using them. It would have been faster and my credit score would not have taken a hit. On the other hand I would be paying the full amount rather than the negotiated amount. The FDR process works and teaches patience.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi David! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

They were very courteous and didn’t make me feel like a failure because I couldn’t keep my finances in good standing. They keep me well informed as to what’s going on. They also try to help you for your future like planning saving etc. It’s been a big relief.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Cynthia, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I wasn't sure what to do until Freedom debt relief came to the rescue. I thank God for freedom debt relief. Definitely God sent! I would recommend freedom debt to anyone who struggling with everyday debt that has got out of control.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Leon! Thank you for recommending our program! It is our pleasure to provide a service that leads you to a brighter financial future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Would definitely recommend to friends and family. Easily access the customer dashboard. Good links to forms such as budget, how to deal with creditors' calls. Also can easily upload communications from debtors and new debts like medical bills. Great customer service if you have any questions on how to update information. Easy to approve settlements even on your mobile device or take pictures of information need to email or upload to client dashboard.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Michael! Thank you for recommending our program! It is our pleasure to provide a service that leads you to a brighter financial future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

The flexibility and the negotiations team not being reachable to discuss an option to present to the creditor. I wanted credit for what I already paid on a debt so I could pay it off in full. I was instructed that is not how it's done here. This is taking way too long and my credit takes a huge hit due to collections being reported. The negotiations should include a good standing report by the creditor. The whole process is not aggressive enough. I'd like better credit help than that is provided to me the customer. I was told it didn't matter that I was using your service and it doesn't help my credit at all for any loans by multiple lenders.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Craig, thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We strive to provide great service and provide debt relief. We take feedback very seriously and for those reasons an account specialist will reach out to you shortly regarding your experience. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I would say everything is good overall. My only question is I never saw a solve to my Oportun loan under my name. We solve my husband max oportun loan. Thank you for all your hard work. I would be coming back

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Jessie, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your continued success! An account specialist will reach out to address your questions. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Freedom Debt is an amazing company! They were helpful and always nice to me, they reduced my debt and their employees are all very helpful and knowledgeable. I am very pleased with this company, they had my back through everything.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Tammy, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are thrilled to serve you and will be there every step of the way. Keep up the great work and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

After realizing that my debts were more than I could handle I contacted FDR for help. I never regretted my decision. I only received a minimum amount of calls from collection agencies. It was a painless experience. If you find yourself unable to make your payments then FDR could give you peace of mind. It did for me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Ronald! We are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

They made the process fairly easy and they were good to deal with. My life was made less complicated and I am now on a good path for financial security. I would suggest this line of uprighting the ship to anyone who has concerns with their financial future.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Michael, rest assured you are in good hands and we're working hard to obtain great settlements on your accounts. We want to make sure we're not just settling your debt but also being able to reduce your debt. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

It was the best decision I made in a really bad time in my life, thank you so much for saving me in a time of need. Do not remember how I found out about Freedom Debt Relief but how ever it’s a blessing for what the company can accomplish, Thank you.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Charlotte, it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The process is fairly straightforward, and the counselor explained it in good detail. We always want things to go faster, but the timeline is laid out for us too, and unless we suddenly have more money to pay off debts with, it is quite an accurate forecast. App is very good for uploading statements, etc.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Jeff, thank you for reviewing your experience! We not only want to provide you with the best customer service and savings, but we also want to provide you with the necessary tools to achieve and maintain a brighter financial future! Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

My experience with FDR was worth it. I am debt free and during my time for paying my debts I was able to live comfortable. My debts were reduced. I would recommend FDR to anyone with a lot of credit card debt.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Carolyn! It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I never had to deal much with customer service till the pandemic hit. My husband was out of work for a few months. I had to make adjustment with my payment. Not once did anyone from this company ever make me feel like I wasn’t doing enough to make a full payment. So understanding to the life changes that my family was going through. Then when I lost my job they worked with me to keep me on track for my goal to be debt free. I am so thankful to have this weight lifted off of me and grateful for the encouragement and support from every employee I have had the pleasure of dealing with from your company.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Brenda, we are happy to hear that you are happy with our service efforts! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I really like how the payment process is handled. It is great how the debt is reduced down to a affordable bi-weekly payments. I also like how easy it is to communicate with them about a settlement. The constant communication is great.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Melissa, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Since I enrolled my 8 credit cards with FDR, I got peace of mind and I trust FDR for settling my debts. I just have 1 credit card that is not settled. Thank you so much for taking care of my debts. Some are paid odd and some are on installment payments

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Carol, thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you feel supported while working with us. We work very hard to ensure our clients experience debt relief and stress relief. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Caring, considerate helpful, understanding. Answered all my questions. Explained everything in detail. Made me feel comfortable about my decision to go ahead with the debt relief program. Easy to get to, answered my phone calls, texts and emails almost immediately. I would highly recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone needing help.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Karlene! We are happy to hear that you are happy with our service efforts! Our goal is to ensure our clients feel comfortable and confident with us at all times! Keep up the great work, and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your program! You can contact our Client Services team seven days a week by calling 1(800)655-6303 or email support@freedomdebtrelief.com. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I wish to share my “On going positive results with Freedom Debt Relief”. I couldn’t be more happier, because they are making my financial situation better at every step. I recommend FDR for anyone who for whatever the reason, you got behind on payments or overextended your spending commitments.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Terry! We are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I’ve only been in the program for less than a year and FDR has already gotten about a quarter of my debt down considerably. If you’re concerned or not sure about anything related to your account there is always someone there to assist you any way that’s beneficial to you. KUDOS to FDR.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Dreama, we are thrilled to see your program and process go smoothly and effectively. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I hired FDR to help with my credit card loans and after a year and a half, they did not respond to one of my creditors and in light I am now having my wages garnished for $3,400 a month and this will likely cause me to lose everything I have gained back from COVID. I have all of the legal proof from the creditor's attorney to prove there was no response from FDR for negotiations and or notification of judgement!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Trip, we are sorry to hear that this is going on. It is our goal to provide you with excellent service and help you better manage debts for a better financial future. We understand your concerns about the program and we appreciate the feedback. Due to the nature of your concerns an account specialist will reach out to you to address any questions or concerns you may have. Again thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I am very satisfied with the program. I would recommend To my friends And family. They always email me To let me know what is getting paid And I like the way When they email me and let me know that a settlement was made.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Yvonne! Thank you for recommending our program! It is our pleasure to provide a service that leads you to a brighter financial future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I put extra $$ in my dedicated account so I could have a breather from my monthly pymts for a couple months. Without letting me know, FDR took out more than my monthly payment for their fees. I signed up for $524/month & was not told that would fluctuate when I put the xtra $$ in. Horrible horrible policy to not get in touch w/ me & take more than a monthly pymts worth of $$ for their fees instead of paying the debt collector. When you sign up for a payment amount, that's what it should be each month unless you, the client, say otherwise. I lost my settlement as I didn't have more $$ to put in & this was literally a few months before it would have been paid. Do NOT recommend.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Tamara, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this happened with your settlement. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

The program worked for me helped me resolve my debt and got me free I would recommend it to someone struggling with credit card debt. When I had trouble paying Freedom Debt Relief worked with me, and the kept me on track 'til I was able to graduate.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Gregory, it is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Excellent communication and an awesome job reducing debt. They worked very hard with creditors to get lowest possible settlements and it worked out great. Any time I had a question they were able to answer it. They are very informative and look out for your best interest. I recommend them to anyone looking for help.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Gerald, we are happy to hear that you're pleased with your progress! We like to make sure that our clients remain successful! Please reach out to customer service at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com for any additional help you may need.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Instead of working to get a lower settlement and taking what’s left of the dedicated amount for the payment “fee” I was charged an extra $1500 for the law firm that poorly negotiated. Ridiculous. Now I’m STILL paying for the next several months to pay off the lawyers! Very poor negotiations - I could have paid off my credit cards myself. Will NOT recommend anyone doing this. You were supposed to be helping ME!

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hello Betty, we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your savings. It is our goal to provide you with excellent service and help you better manage debts for a better financial future. We understand your concerns about the program and we appreciate the feedback. Due to the nature of your concerns an account specialist will reach out to you to address any questions or concerns you may have. Again thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

After 4 years I'm finally debt free. I can't say thank you so much for getting me where I need to be. No more stress of worrying about bills. No calls from bill collectors. I can't say thank you enough for getting me there.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Arlene, It is great to hear that you are happy with your choice of partnering with us to achieve a brighter financial future. We are excited for your new debt-free future and we will continue to be a source of support for you in the future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Great service. Very good and fast. X/o x o x o. Friendly, fair and accurate. Took time to go over all questions and answers. I would recommend this service to my friends and family. I can't wait to see the bills drop off.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Duana, thank you for recommending our program! It is our pleasure to provide a service that leads you to a brighter financial future. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I was in over my head with debt. I called and spoke to a very nice man who took the time to go over my debt. It was very easy and now I’m feeling very good with my decision. I just thank the company for working with me.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Hi Cynthia, thank you for sharing your experience! It's great to hear you received the utmost level of customer service when speaking with us. Please let us know how we can continue supporting your journey to financial freedom. If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-655-6303. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready to help. Thank you for letting Freedom Debt Relief be your partner on your journey to a debt-free future.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information