3x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Experience with Staff and Best for Transparency
4.5(32,227)

3x Award Winner

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $7,500 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%, depending on the state where the client lives and the amount of debt they enroll. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s credit score impact study, which was updated in 2022, found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 36 to 45 months. Freedom Debt Relief offers HELOC and personal loans through Achieve.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • No fees until settlement reached, authorized by client
    • Has resolved over $17 billion in debt in 20-plus years
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery
    Cons
    • Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Over 25k reviews since 2012

Stars Rating

• 74%
    • 14%
    • 5%
    • 3%
    • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Freedom Debt has provided a support system for me throughout the whole entire process of becoming Dept Free. And to make things better they are with me every step of the way to make sure I get the best support I need to complete this program and becoming more successful and being Debt Free.

Pinned

Hi Christopher, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience and that we were able to keep you informed every step of the way through email and text. We're also delighted that you found our website user-friendly and packed with helpful information. It's fantastic to hear that your interactions with our customer support team were prompt and helpful.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

FDR is doing good with keeping in track. The only reason they did not get a five star is that they have asked for information on one of the accounts which was sent three times already and I recently noticed they are asking again for the same information. Secondly I called for the email address to send information over and was given an incorrect email address and took the third person to get the correct information. Other than this FDR is awesome and very happy with them.

Pinned

Hi Cynthia, thank you for sharing your feedback we're pleased to hear that overall, you've had a positive experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the repeated requests for information and the confusion with the email address. Your time and efforts are valuable, and we understand the importance of efficient communication and accurate information. We have taken note of your concerns and will address them internally to ensure better coordination and clarity moving forward. If there's anything else we can do to improve your experience or if you have further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Thanks for your help with resolving debt. I do appreciate it. Freedom Debt Relief is a great place for help. I couldn’t be more appreciative. They work with me and my creditors to help get me back on track. I will definitely pass them on to my friends and family. Thanks again!! Job well done.

Pinned

Hi Amy, thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the help and support you've received from us. Our team is dedicated to working with clients and creditors to find effective solutions and get you back on track toward financial freedom. We truly value your recommendation to friends and family. Word-of-mouth referrals mean a lot to us and reflect the trust and satisfaction of our clients.

PriceStaffProcess

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I'm about 8 months into the program and so far so good. The team is greatly reducing my total debt owed by negotiating with my creditors, my balances are not increasing due to interest, and my monthly payments are much more affordable. The key is to stick with it and keep making regular payments to the dedicated account.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Scott! We're thrilled to hear that you're seeing positive results and progress in our program. It's great to know that our team's negotiations are reducing your total debt and preventing balances from increasing due to interest. Consistency is key in achieving success with our program, and we appreciate your commitment to making regular payments to your dedicated account. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I would recommend for anybody who wants to get out of debt. Always lots of help understanding how FDR works. They always answer the phone promptly with a friendly voice, and give me a detailed answer to my questions. Really has helped get me out of my credit card debt. I’m so relieved. No more collection phone calls.

Pinned

Elizabeth, thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation! We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with us and how your program has helped you on your journey to becoming debt-free. It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling relieved and no longer receiving collection calls. Helping our clients achieve financial freedom and peace of mind is our ultimate goal.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I've only just started working with Freedom, so far everything is going well. My debt plan is in place and working smoothly. They are working in my favor and I do appreciate it. Thanks to everyone working on my behalf. I have no problem getting a quick response whenever I reach out to them. If there's something I'm not sure after talking with them I feel relieved. I would recommend Freedom. I'm satisfied.

Pinned

Hi Valerie, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that your debt plan is off to a smooth start and that you're satisfied with the service you've received so far. Our team is dedicated to working in your best interest and providing you with the support you need to achieve financial freedom.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

David ** was very knowledgeable and understanding to my financial issues and am grateful to him for showing that he cared about me. Not just getting me to sign up. When a person is in debt I know that I'm the responsible party but when some companies just take you on they act like, "Just give us the money payment," and then you don't hear from them. With Freedom you get a client portal which shows you all of your company's actions step by step. Which is awesome. I believe this will benefit me to get back on track with my debt.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Barbara! We're delighted to hear that David provided you with knowledgeable and compassionate support during this challenging time. We genuinely care about our clients and their financial well-being, and we're thrilled that you felt valued and understood.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I am very happy with the help Freedom Debt Relief has given me. My credit has gone up from 500 to 600. Customer service is excellent. Your dashboard is supper easy. None complicated. Not like the others. I am truly happy I choose freedom debt relief.

Pinned

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, Miguel! We are thrilled to hear about your progress and that you are happy with our resources. It's wonderful to know that your credit score has improved and that you find our customer service excellent. Keep up the great work!

PriceStaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I had less than $15,000 in debt. I was not late in payments, I was struggling to make minimum payments due to the fact I was going through divorce. The representative did not explain the program thoroughly. I stop making payments and my credit score went down 100 points. This company was not contacting the creditors neither were they settling the accounts at a faster level and were also settling accounts for a higher price. The money you are paying the majority goes to the company in itself and not to pay your debt. I made a huge mistake going with this company. They will not advocate for you. I have made arrangements with my creditors and negotiate debts myself and paying them. They sent me an $0.85 check. Please understand what you’re doing before going forward.

Pinned

Hi Karla, we're sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for any confusion or frustration caused during your time with us. We understand that going through a divorce can be incredibly challenging, and we regret if our program did not meet your expectations. We hope you are able to find a solution that best fits your goals.

PriceStaffTransparency

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Talking with a sales rep he was very pleasant to speak with and very polite. He explained everything so you could understand it. He was not pushy for you to purchase their product. He made sure that I got what I needed for a fair price. I asked him a question in regard to if a product broke down do they send a partial payment to replace the product and he said you get a new unit.

Pinned

Hi Linda, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're delighted to hear that you had a pleasant interaction with your debt consultant. Providing clear and helpful information without any pressure is important to us, and we're glad that you felt comfortable throughout the process.

StaffTransparency

Reviewed May 4, 2024

The girl that helped me was very nice and explained everything so I could understand. She made it very simple and made me feel that she really cared about me and understood what problems I was having with the bills I had let myself get into. I would recommend your company to family members who have gotten their self in trouble.

Pinned

Hi Sandra, thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation! We're thrilled to hear that you had a positive experience with our team member and that she was able to explain everything clearly and with empathy. Providing personalized and caring service is at the heart of what we do, and we're glad we could assist you during this challenging time.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Very happy to hear about Freedom Debit relief program. Everyone that help me and I have spoken to was very nice and very easy to understand the program and they help me so much. I can breathe again. They have took my heavy load off my shoulders and able to pay my important bills and that’s only my house bills, water and light and insurance. Now I have a little more money to be able to fix my home and buy a lot more groceries for my family. I’m so blessed to hear about Freedom Debit Relief. I’m so grateful and happy.

Pinned

Marilyn, we are truly delighted to hear about the positive impact our program has had on your life! It's incredibly rewarding to know that we've been able to help lighten your financial burden and provide you with much-needed relief. Your kind words mean a lot to us, and we're grateful for the opportunity to assist you in achieving financial freedom!

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Before FDR I had a credit score of 620. No missed payments. Chris told me stop paying on everything enrolled in FDR, so I did. Now my credit score is around 450. Chris told me most people’s credit goes back up within 6 months and mine has, just recently because I talked to creditors. Pulled accounts out of FDR. How dumb am I, it sounds too good to be true and it is. There is so much more to my story and what FDR did to my life and my family but I’m not going to waste any more time with FDR. Maybe someone else would want to hear me!

Pinned

Kevin, we are sorry to hear that you feel this way about our program. It is never our intention to make our clients feel this way. We are transparent about the negative credit impact our program process can cause. It looks like one of our experienced account specialist has already reached out to you to address your concerns. We will be reaching out to you to further assist with any other questions you may have.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Customer service is very courtesy, friendly and helpful. Every time I call no problems at all, my questions are answered very professionally, very satisfied with customer service. I enjoy the app. It is very helpful and useful when there is issues I always get emails. I’m so glad for that too. It lets me know what’s going on at all times very easy to work with. I also enjoyed looking at videos on how to approach collectors.

Pinned

Hi Javier, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We're delighted to hear that you've had such positive interactions with our customer service team. Providing excellent service and support is our top priority, and we're thrilled that your questions are always handled professionally.

Online & App

Reviewed May 3, 2024

I am a new customer but so far I am super impressed with FDR's performance!!! My first settlement was within a couple of weeks and their website is awesome - I can always see where I am at in my program. I had gone with another company months ago and they were horrible. FDR has renewed my faith in these companies.

Pinned

Hi Bradley, we're thrilled to hear about your positive experience so far! Thank you for choosing FDR and giving us the opportunity to assist you on your journey towards financial freedom. It's great to know that you've already seen results with your first settlement and that our website is providing the transparency you deserve.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Don't know the entire experience yet but I hope it is very rewarding experience and I can finally get out of debt and learn from this hoping not to make the same mistakes as I did. I'm hoping to be out of debt in 6 years or less which will be good.

Pinned

Hi Curtis, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We're glad to hear that you're looking forward to a rewarding experience. Our goal is to support you every step of the way towards financial freedom. If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Transparency

Reviewed May 3, 2024

FDR offered a service and did just that, Helped negotiate my credit card debt. They definitely kept me in the loop when it was time to offer a settlement. I appreciate their transparency and that they were there every step of the way, I was then offered another program after my timely payments that will help me to further pay off my debt even faster.

Pinned

Kena, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that our debt negotiation service helped you navigate your credit card debt successfully. Thank you for choosing us!

Customer ServiceProcessTransparency

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I have had a wonderful experience with Freedom. The communication has been wonderful. I would recommend your services to anyone. I look forward to finally being debt free. This program has helped relieve my stress and anxiety over being in debt. Thank you for your continued support as I achieve my goal of financial stability.

Pinned

Hi Edna, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you've had a wonderful journey with us and that our communication has been helpful throughout the process. It's fantastic to know that our program has helped alleviate your stress and anxiety surrounding debt. We're committed to supporting you every step of the way as you work towards achieving your goal of financial stability and becoming debt-free, please let us know how we can continue to support you.

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed May 2, 2024

My customer rep is outstanding! There are a few things I still don't fully understand, but she is just an email away with the answer! So this is an amazing experience! I would highly recommend this to everyone who needs help! Everything is easily explained and made simple to understand! 9/10!

Pinned

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, Walter! We're thrilled to hear that your customer representative has been outstanding in assisting you and providing answers to your questions promptly. Clear communication and support are key priorities for us. We're here to ensure that you fully understand the process and feel confident every step of the way towards achieving your financial goals.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I would totally recommend this program to a friend, they help you a lot. This also help you save money and get out of debt. The person who helped me is very friendly and very knowledgeable about the program. They also care about you and will try to help the best way they can. So if I have a friend that needs help with their debt, I would totally give them that agents number that helped me with this program

Pinned

Thank you so much for your kind words and for recommending our program, Mark! We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience and that our team member was able to assist you effectively. If you have any friends or family who could benefit from our services, please don't hesitate to refer them to us, we would be more than happy to assist them.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

FDR is absolutely the best. I don't regret my decision on taking them on in helping me with my finances. However, it's a long process but I know it will pay off at the end. And even though my credit score has dropped it will soon change. I appreciate all their help and all their support. It help me save money to help my family and friends.

Pinned

Hi Nadia, thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to help with your finances! We're thrilled to hear that you consider us the best and that you're confident the process will pay off in the end. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed May 2, 2024

After apply to several companies and being denied several times Freedom helped me and accepted me!!! It’s a relief to know that a company trust me and is gonna help me get out of debt! Now I can finally get out of debt and be able to pay all my debt! I can’t thank enough freedom for helping me and giving me peace of mind! Thank you freedom!

Pinned

Hi Camila, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We're thrilled that we were able to provide you with the help and trust you needed to move forward with your journey towards financial freedom. We understand how challenging it can be to navigate multiple denials and we're grateful for the opportunity to assist you in achieving your goals. Your determination and our support will help you make significant progress towards paying off your debts.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Friendly and helpful people, always could answer any questions that I had or help with concerns that came up. Would recommend this company to anyone who is struggling like I was with too much credit card debt. Overall a great experience and is helping me to get out of debt a lot faster than I ever could by myself.

Pinned

Hi Stacey, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you found our team friendly, helpful, and responsive to your questions and concerns. Please let us know how we can continue to support you!

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I am so glad that I was able to get help and find solution for managing with my debt. The staffs are super friendly, professional, understanding, and very supportive throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend to anyone reaching out to them so that they can assist you to consolidate all your debts and be debt-free faster than you think.

Pinned

Kevin, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you found the help and solutions you needed to manage your debt effectively. We appreciate your recommendation to others who may benefit from our services. Helping clients become debt-free is our goal, and we're grateful for the opportunity to assist.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Freedom Debt relief gave me relief and the tools needed to get out of debt and change my spending habits. I’m incredibly grateful and look forward to living a debt free life. I would recommend this to friends and family that are going through similar financial habits. Thank you for everything!

Pinned

Hi Adam, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We're thrilled to hear that we have provided you with relief and the tools necessary to make positive changes in your financial habits. It's wonderful to know that you're on the path to living a debt-free life, and we're grateful for the opportunity to support you along this journey.

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Thank you very much for your assistance with my debt. Freedom Debt Relief helped me tremendously. They were kind, and considerate. Answered all the questions I had. Gave me all the information and explained everything in terms I understood. If you need assistance, Freedom Debt Relief is the firm to call. Thank you Freedom Debt Relief!

Pinned

Hi Fina, thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with tremendous assistance and that our team was kind, considerate, and helpful throughout the process.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I appreciate that I could understand everything real well, I always paid my bills and didn't want anyone knocking at my door I really should have done this a lot sooner. I will tell my friends and family about how well this went for me. I really did not want to declare bankruptcy or refinance to only continue to struggle.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Richard! We're so pleased to hear that our program has provided you with a clear understanding and a sense of relief. We're glad you made the decision to take control of your debt and that our program has been successful for you.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Excellent program! Although I have just started this program, it feel like a weight has been lifted. Easy to use, I can have payments automatically deducted from my checking account, and statements every step of the way to help keep me on track. They also provide informative videos on a variety of topics. Thank you!

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Sharon! We're thrilled to hear that you're already feeling a sense of relief and that our program has helped lift a weight off your shoulders. We're glad that you find our automatic payment option and regular statements helpful in staying on track towards your financial goals. Our informative videos are designed to provide additional support and education along your journey. If there's ever anything else we can assist you with or if you have questions about any of our resources, please feel free to reach out.

Staff

Reviewed May 2, 2024

They were open and honest with how Freedom Debt Relief could help me and so I signed up with them. They told me that they could make a better deal than who I was signed up with already. I was just looking for a loan but they did have a better deal so I went with them instead.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience, Patricia! We're glad that you found our approach to be open and honest regarding how we could assist you with your financial situation. At Freedom Debt Relief, we strive to provide personalized solutions that truly benefit our clients. We're pleased that we could offer you a better option than your initial plan of seeking a loan. If you have any questions or need further assistance as we work towards your financial goals together, please feel free to reach out.

Staff

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Helped me get out of debt. They were right there when my debt harassed me. They worked our deal to low what owe. Nice to know someone got your back. Did in good timely manner. I would recommend them to someone to help take stress off from you. Quick to have sign get going and quick to get done. They do most of the work so don't.

Pinned

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, Nancy! We're thrilled to hear that our team was able to provide you with support and relief from your debt efficiently. Keep up the great work and thank you for recommending our team!

Reviewed May 1, 2024

Would've have taken years to pay off debts, quicker this way, got have patience through process, customer service is good, always helpful, this will be a relief, when done paying off debts. Learn to budget better and manage finances better, also be able to save for future and living expenses, to feel better with a peace of mind that your finances handle responsible for future retirement.

Pinned

Hi Virginia, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're delighted to hear that our program is helping you expedite your debt payoff and providing you with a sense of relief. Learning to budget and manage finances more effectively is key to long-term financial stability, and we're glad to be part of your journey toward achieving that goal.

StaffTransparency

Reviewed May 1, 2024

Great experience with Freedom Debt Relief. Very friendly people. Explain to me how it works. I'm thankful and appreciate all the help I've gotten so far.. I would not have gotten this far without the help of freedom relief.. This is such a blessing. Thank you for all you do. I will definitely tell my friends.

Pinned

Vickie, thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us and that our team was able to assist you effectively. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed May 1, 2024

They are great to work with and they are helping me get out of debt!!! If you need someone to help you become debt free give Freedom Debt Relief a call! I am so glad that they are so helpful when you need help! Give them a call and let them help you become debt free!!

Pinned

Hi Pamela, thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing us to assist you on your journey to becoming debt-free! We're delighted to hear about your positive experience with us. If you ever need further assistance or have any questions along the way, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed May 1, 2024

They have been great in getting my debt under control in a timely manner and have found others to add when needed. It has been a pleasure working with them and use them again if I ever get in to this again but am going work hard not to and will tell others about their service and how well they do. They are timely in working with my creditors to resolve my debt.

Pinned

Hi Douglas, we are delighted to hear about your positive experience with us! Thank you for sharing your journey to debt control and for your kind words about our service. We're committed to helping our clients achieve financial freedom in a timely and effective manner. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed May 1, 2024

Very happy with the service. Always on point and diligent with finding best rates/ways to bring customers back to financial stability. Keeping informed of all steps taken with my creditors is also key for me. I rely on the FDR team to fight the big battles for me, and I follow recommendations. I am delighted to be a customer. Thank you for helping me find my way back to financial stability.

Pinned

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Pamela! We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with our service and that we've been able to assist you on your journey towards financial freedom. Let us know how we can continue to support you!

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed April 30, 2024

I truly appreciate FDR. The Customer service has been 5 star. Very helpful and informative through the whole process. This program has made me feel so relieved and confident. A lot of stress has been lifted off my shoulder. My confidence has been reassured. I Still have a little ways to go but I'm confident in this. I would truly recommend. Freedom Debt Relief.

Pinned

Hi Joanne, thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation! We're thrilled to hear that you've had a 5-star experience with our customer service team and that our program has brought you relief and confidence. It's wonderful to know that we've been able to lift some stress off your shoulders. We're here to continue supporting you every step of the way until you reach your financial goals.

Customer ServiceProcess

Reviewed April 30, 2024

I realized from the start that this process would take time so patience is definitely needed, but FDR works constantly in the background and results are made in time. These days it's all about instant results but then the debt did not just instantly appear out of thin air either. They have been there the whole time to answer my questions and do the work needed.

Pinned

Hi Terry, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We understand that managing debt takes time and patience, and we appreciate your trust in our process. Our team is committed to working diligently behind the scenes to achieve results over time. We're here to answer your questions and provide the support you need throughout this journey, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Process

Reviewed April 30, 2024

I have put all my trust in you to make sure everyone is aware of your program. But I got sued. Not happy about that. My debt was not that bad. But I got sued. I am not happy about the stress. I put all my faith in your system.

Pinned

Hi Seana, we understand how stressful the litigation process can be. We appreciate that you are trusting our process and can assure you our legal partners are working hard to get this resolved as quickly as possible for you. We are here to help every step of the way, please let us know how we can support you during this process.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

The debt relief process is very easy for anyone. Simple questions and ease of communications with creditors when they call and easy to resolve debts with the debt relief process. Real people on the phone when you call with questions and prompt return calls when necessary. It's painful at first to have to be in a situation like this but it easy when you ask for help.