Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.18/5

Telecheck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

On 10/10/2020 had to use Telecheck at Best Buy. 3 checks written, not accepted, talked to their CSR and was told absolute fabricated lies (too many checks written, amount too much, didn’t have my info, etc) had to use credit card. Terrible service. Terrible company.

Original review: July 2, 2020

So I wrote a check out of a money management account to my veterinarian's office for my dog's dental. Check was denied TWICE, and there was absolutely NO reason for the denial. Am currently on the phone with this worthless company trying to find out why, and all I'm getting from this poor English speaking person is that there isn't enough check writing history on this account, which is why they denied it. WTH!

So I find out that the reason my check was denied both times was because they have no check writing history on me! So is that any reason to deny someone's check? It USED to be that a check was denied because of BAD check history, or no money in the bank to cover said check. I can see why there's all of the negative reviews now. I will make sure that I never write another check with someone that uses Telecheck for their check verification services.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2020

The agent demands all your financial records. If you refuse for fear of credit theft. She ruins your check cashing in the US. You can't contact anyone but her what leads me to believe the whole telecheck company is corrupt. I have gotten use to using cash for fear if I give her to all my banking accounts the company will rob me of all this my funds.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Very very poor English to be dealing with English speaking people. I had a little savings, & somehow these people got a hold of the account number. They repeatedly pushed charge after charge for items I did not receive from Amazon, that in fact wound up in Quincy Illinois. Amazon refunded items they could but the ones that somehow wound up with Telecheck was out of their control. Neither had permission to debit my savings account. I tried getting the $420 back from Telecheck. My bank tried as well. Any help is appreciated.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I have been trying to reach them by phone, email and fax. No response. Who are these people and where do they get their information. Why would anyone call somewhere and input their routing number and bank account number. That is insane! I haven't written a check in 4+ year and they denied me the ability to pay a bill by EFT. Based on what information. I can't get ahold of anyone to even fix this. I see this as an excellent opportunity for a class action lawsuit for all of us that have been wronged by Telecheck.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Telecheck is a complete fraud. They have started declining all of my checks although I do not have any bounced checks. They say that the account I have used for a year now & that they have approved my of all of a sudden does not have enough history to approve. They say I need to wait 7 days for the system to refresh. Refresh from what they will not say. Don't ask for a supervisor anytime except Monday thru Friday 8AM to 5PM. How many places have you worked that did not Have a person in charge during business hours. If it is Monday thru Friday 8AM - 5PM it is still a joke getting a supervisor or a honest answer from any call center employee. Not to mention everyone you talk with is a foreigner. I do not think that there is a single American that works for this fraudulent company. I gave this co. 1 star however I wish I could have given them a -5. Beware.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I shop at my local grocery store, I wrote checks there all the time, had no problem whatsoever. They since then got new registers, then the problem started, code 3. Code 2,, I'm like wtf. Had no issues before now issues, I wrote a check 2 days ago went through. Today nope, can't help ya. I said seriously, I called them once it's like being on a Comcast phone line. You are on till you finally get human life, and they don't understand you.

They try to determine your financial life with data and statistics. But yet they don't work with you, they don't live with you. They don't have kids with you. But 1 press of a button they can computation analysis you with data and statistics. Seriously. Are you going to statistically figure when I step off of a curb to get hit by a bus. Or statistically keep me alive long enough to figure I got a lot of money in the bank to cover the check I wrote before I got hit by a bus, this company has risen above and beyond of making money. But our government allowed them to do it. And of course fraud is everywhere.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I received notice in the mail that I was reported for some bad checks that was written in a supermarket in Texas. A total of 18 checks in 2 days. Mind you my checking account was closed prior to those checks because of fraud activity. I sent Telecheck all my information fraud letter from bank etc. Along with the fact that in Connecticut. They come back saying the information is accurate. This is ridiculous. I don’t write check period and now they saying owe all this money. I can’t get through to anyone there. My driver's license number don’t even match my information. This sounds like a total scam. I need someone to contact me and have this resolved.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I had a charge called "INTERNET WASTE MANAGEMENT DOE JOHN" on my checking account. They used routing number and account number for the charge. The bank gave me the phone number associated with the charge and it led to Telecheck. It was impossible to get through to a live human to find out what the charge was for, so I have disputed with the bank. One would think that the name John Doe would raise some suspicion, yet the bank did not flag it on their own. Very weird.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I tried to use a check to pay for repairs to my vehicle to a shop I have used routinely for years, but always paid with cards. We decided to use a check this time, but the check was declined for not enough history. I called the hotline listed on the decline and after spending a lot of time going through an automated menu, I received a length explanation that either I wasn't in their system or it wasn't consistent with previous check writing habits. I pushed one to transfer to an operator. The agent essentially asked me questions straight off my check, so nothing that would actually validate my identity or provide anything useful. He then stated that checks would start having a higher chance of being approved in 7 days. I explained that I was paying for repairs to my vehicle and this needed to be approved now, or I might lose my job for not being able to get to work. He stated there was no way to override the system, and that I would have to wait the 7 days.

I was escalated to a "supervisor" who had nothing to say but I'm sorry, and there is no way to override the system. So essentially, if you plan on writing a check, you have to try and write a check somewhere 7 days beforehand so it can be declined and you can call and make sure you are good. Then they promise that "it's more likely to be approved." The company is ridiculous.

Telecheck Company Information