1.00/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 22, 2017

361 Telecheck Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Dealing with merchants who are connected with Telecheck is either hit or miss. Had a check declined at a Best Buy some time ago and tried to get through to customer service but gave up due to time length. Now recently, had a check declined again (very embarrassing) but this time at Stop & Shop (large supermarket chain in Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region of USA). Problem here is I write checks there frequently. When I called Telecheck 800 number listed on the grocery receipt, I was told that I was declined because I wrote the check at a different Stop & Shop from the one that I normally use and as result came up as fraudulent activity?

I was told it would take 7 days to add that particular Stop & Shop location to my check writing history? Strange... weird... crazy. Remember... large supermarket chain? So this means I have to drive miles back to the Stop & Shop that I normally frequent if I'm going to use a check?? Based on the large number of negative reviews listed here I'm obviously not alone. For future will, where possible, use credit/debit card and refrain from writing checks at establishments brandishing the Telecheck logo... save myself the potential embarrassment… too risky… not worth it!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I am another reviewer who has favorable credit. I am only dealing with this poorly run business because I made the mistake of trying to use a checking account with Amazon. Never again. I have received communications that were so poorly written I almost thought they were phishing documents. They were not. IMPOSSIBLE to reach anybody as their call center is so poorly staffed that you sit on hold every time for periods of over an hour - and you finally just hang up. Interestingly enough, Amazon is no better and chooses to do business with this subpar third party. My response to Amazon - since I cannot reach anyone - is to decrease dramatically my online purchases with them. I also cancelled every single item on my auto delivery program. I am one consumer so I know that will not sway Amazon but this has given me the chance to see other companies can compete with Amazon AND provide service at the same time.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I am thoroughly disgusted with Telecheck. I have outstanding credit, have never been overdrawn in my account, but Telecheck feels they can disallow me to use my checking account. On more than one occasion I have made an attempt to use my personal Checking account for an Amazon and it has been denied. Attempts to get a hold of anyone is impossible. Why does Amazon for one, offer the ability to use your checking account, but then Telecheck says, nope, not going to happen, and your order is then delayed. Telecheck has no RIGHT to limit my abilities to use my personal account.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We recently closed all of our accounts at B of A because of customer service issues and opened all accounts at Chase bank. I went grocery shopping at FoodMaxx, wrote a check, showed my driver license, and then was declined! I have been shopping at this grocery store for over 25 years! When asked why, they gave me a receipt with the denial record # on it and said to call and they would explain why it was declined. HOW EMBARRASSING! Well I have called several times and cannot speak to a real person, except for the time they said they were a collection agency and I had the wrong #.

In a recording after entering my denial record # it says my, "check was declined due to risk factors and was not because of unpaid debt. This could include check writing history, check #, amount of check, or other factors." My bank says that the check was never presented to them to decline. FoodMaxx says to call Telecheck, that they cannot help me at the store. Nobody can help and Telecheck is a joke! Their # is 1-800-697-9263.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I have been writing checks for years, we had an ID theft 5 years ago and 3 years ago. It has been a nightmare. I have no debit card or credit cards because of the theft, so I always make sure I have cash on the weekends, but when I go to the store I always write a check with no problem... until this year. I wrote a check at Meijer and it was cleared. Went to Walmart and it was denied, called same as everyone else play the auto system and then no one speaks English. Only exception I was told I had to wait 21 days! Well this has been ongoing for all of 2017, everytime it denies I get a long printout on the back of the check and a number to call. Well this must be TeleCheck latest scam. 2 months ago I was denied and it printed the check like it would be deposited with no code no explanation, I called and of course no idea and so on. Later that week my check that was not accepted cleared the bank!!! For 358.00!

Well my daughter was with me and she paid with her debit card and I paid her back, I called TeleCheck and they have no record of a check clearing, I am still waiting on that $$ back. Tonight I got to Meijer’s and the same!!! No explanation. Just hands me my check back and says they need another form of payments. I told the cashier that I needed a manager and I explained to them my last encounter this had happened, mind you I have written 3 checks with no issue at the same Meijer. I told the manager that I needed confirmation that the check would not clear my account, she said, “Oh it was denied, it won't!” I said it was not denied, it said another form of payment needed, so I pulled out my phone and the last check and said, “Here is where it cleared my bank and here is the check. I want it cleared!” She said, “Oh I never ran into this!” I said, “Yeah well first time.”

So tonight I had no other form of payment and I told her I needed to know that this will not clear my account! She called the store manager and she said it won't clear if it’s denied. She said it wasn't denied. The manager asked, “What is the problem?” Then, she said, “Can you please come down and I will so you.” She said, “No it was denied!” So here I sit no groceries and let's give it a few days and see if this one clears! I am so over TeleCheck. I am checking into a lawsuit over this!!! They still owe me 358.00 and now probably 293.07!!! Meijer STOP USING TELECHECK OR I WILL GO ELSEWHERE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have written checks for over 20 years. In July a consumer's check was returned causing a return of my business check. The 20 years have vanished and I cannot cash a check in my local area. This was one check which was redeposited and paid and I was completely unaware.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Had a delivery of a new tv and delivery men suggested I should upgrade my WiFi with additional equipment. I agreed and offered a credit card for payment but was informed Best Buy verification service for cards was done so a check was tendered. About 5 hours later I was informed check was refused. I called the bank and the check was never presented for payment as there were sufficient funds to cover the check. I promptly went to Best Buy and paid the check off with cash, received the check back and called their 3rd party processor, Telecheck. I was unable to understand the operator as her communication skills left much to be wanted. The bottom line was they decided, without checking to see if the money was available, to deny acceptance due to some obscure reason which was never given. Trying to get an answer to my questions was impossible! Horrible company.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I always use credit cards or cash. I only write checks for bills that are paid via mail (like Visa, Windstream, AT&T, DirecTV, electric and water, etc.). On this particular day someone had illegally tried to access my Visa card and Visa notified me immediately and explained that they were cancelling current card and within 24 hrs I’d have my new card. So to purchase farm supplies at Tractor Supply I had to write a check. No problem. This is a small town and everyone knows me BUT check is refused. Tractor Supply tries to solve problem and can’t. Bank is down the road, so I go down the road and write a big check at bank’s suggestion in case I need to write other checks while waiting for new Visa Card. Bank explains problem to me: it seems telecheck refuses checks for lack of "data". Since I rarely use a check at a store there is no record of my check cashing and so I’m refused.

I asked bank how you get a record for writing checks if no one is allowed to accept your checks. Bank laughed and said that had several employees with same problem. That Telecheck does NOT deal with the banks. It’s got its own system. I phoned telecheck and raised heck with person with very strong Indian accent so hard to understand her. She said telecheck had NO data on me and that was my problem but she would put me current bank info on my record and that in 7 days they would take my checks BUT I had to go to work and write lots of checks so as to build up my data record for them. Idiocy. I use credit card or cash 99% of time. Would write a check only on special occasions. It is not logical for me to start writing checks JUST to build up a record for Telecheck, whom I don’t know and don’t want to know.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Prior to this year, I have written many checks with Office Max, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Bed Bath & Beyond and other stores that currently use Telecheck and not had any problem. I have had the same checking account since 1994, have written numerous checks at various stores, and have not ever bounced a check. Anyway, it all started back around January or February this year when I wrote a check at Best Buy - I write a check once a month there in the past, and this time I was declined. I figured it was a glitch in the system and let it slide. But I try again at a different Best Buy about a couple of weeks later - same thing, check declined. I called the number that I was given, and after dealing with a plethora of "press 1 for this, press 2 for that", then nothing but elevator music... The line goes dead!

I wrote checks at Bed Bath & Beyond and Office Max - declined again! I call again and wade through the automated menus, then I got a representative who then tells me to wait seven calendar days before writing a check. I was told something about my checks faintly resembling something that was used in a fraudulent transaction and something about insufficient data regarding my checking. I follow the instructions, write a check at Best Buy - it went through! I figured that was the end of my troubles - nope.

Somewhere in late June or early July, I write a check at Best Buy, and the device for reading/printing on the check at the register kept fouling up. The cashier tried the number and whatever... Yep, declined. Again, I call them up, and I get the same load of malarkey about insufficient data, fraudulent transactions, wait seven calendar days before writing another check. I try once more a little more than a week later, and my check clears.

And today (August 27), I write a check at Bed Bath and Beyond... What did I get? If you guessed "check declined", you are right. That is it, I have had it with these clowns who wouldn't know fraud if it walked up to them and punched them in the face. Until Telecheck gets their act together, I am no longer writing checks at any store that uses that system that is majorly FUBAR (Fouled Up Beyond All Relief).

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I am really sad that Amazon does business with a company with such terrible reviews and seems to arbitrarily decline your payments if you use your banking information. Long story short, our bank's ATM had eaten our debit card, and we were waiting on a replacement that took several days. In the meantime, we had some household supplies we ordered from Amazon using our bank account and routing number. 2 of the 4 orders went through without a problem, but for WHATEVER reason Telecheck felt it necessary to decline the other 2. They weren't the 2 highest or 2 lowest amounts either, so we really can't see any reason for them declining. It has caused such a headache for us and if I could give them zero stars I would.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Telecheck is a fraud themselves. At this time my debit card had been shut down due to a breach. So I had been writing more checks than usual. I write checks at the same grocery store all the time. I go up to pay for my much needed groceries and my check was declined. All because Telecheck thinks I skipped a number. Seriously! I did not skip any numbers. I had money in my account. This was humiliating and embarrassing. Not to mentioned I couldn't buy food for my family. Telecheck needs to go!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I cannot believe or accept Telecheck's policy. I had just previously purchased items for my niece (for college) at Bed Bath and Beyond for $200.00. I went across the street to Best Buy to purchase her a computer. The total amount was $1218.34 and I submitted my check and was told that my check was declined. I called customer service and was told that due to the amount being substantially larger than the previous check written and my check writing history did not show any large purchases (even though I had written a $860.00 check in June), my check was declined. I am truly thankful for monitoring mechanisms being put in place for possibly fraudulent activities but why not have some type of verification system setup (just in case it is not fraudulent).

I was told that I would have to wait 7 days before I could write another check. I tried explaining that my niece is going away to college and I did not have 7 days to wait. I asked to speak to a supervisor, she transferred me to "Bob". He told me the same information. How can a major company not have anything in place to override or verify information to prove a legitimate purchase. I just feel like my rights have been stripped (not being able to do anything about it). I am not prejudice but when you contract your business out of the USA, you have people that only goes by a script and have no compassion or emotion to empathize. WHAT A HUMILIATING EXPERIENCE!!!

Original review: July 31, 2017

I write checks to Wal-Mart all the time. I go in Saturday and write a $23.00 check and they declined it. I call today and they said my husband's drivers license info is missing. I tried to give it to them and they refused. I said he does not even write checks off this account, that it is mine and he said my husband needs to call them. This is a stupid system. Telecheck was used to open my account and there was nothing wrong then. This only happened after I put a new book of checks in my check book.

Original review: July 31, 2017

It would appear a lot of merchants are using Telecheck to confirm check and check purchases. This is a big mistake!!! Whether you have the money or not, they deny a majority of people. Customer service is a joke! No one, so far, have any resolutions to build a check history if you can't use checks! Awful! To be more specific, I attempted to use a check at Best Buy and it was denied for lack of check writing history, per Telecheck. Most places don't accept checks so I rarely use them. If I verify my info, in store, and have the funds, I don't understand why this is an issue!

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have been writing 30+ years, I had 2 returned checks, I have NEVER had that issue before!!! I immediately called, took care of the issue and paid my fees. They told me I should be able to write checks in 10 business days. The first check we wrote went thru. The ones after that DID NOT. I called them and they told me that my check writing history goes back to ZERO and basically I am starting over. I have good credit, NEVER had a returned check and they have this as a practice?? This is not ethical nor should be legal. They are hateful and NO help at all. How can they legally do this.

Original review: July 21, 2017

As a business, we tried to write a check at Best Buy and it was declined. When I called Telecheck with the reference number I was told we were declined because we had not written checks at BestBuy before. This is incorrect, I have written many checks at BestBuy just not since they integrated the Telecheck system. Telecheck was able to see all my checks written to Sam's Club, Walmart, and a few other stores that use Telecheck in the last two months. I was told to wait 7 days and try again since now we should be established by then. I explained we are a roofing company and have deadlines and weather we are working against. I can't use a company credit card because BestBuy will not accept the card if your name is not on it. I tried going to another place to purchase but before I even walked in I saw the Telecheck sticker on the door. I didn't even bother to walk in.

We have had our checking account for 20+ years write ten of thousand of dollars out to suppliers but can't write a couple of hundred out because we aren't established in their systems for the store. I could at Sam's or Walmart or any other store I have written check to recently but they don't carry the items I need. Telechecks customer service is awful and they are reluctant to get a supervisor on the line which really doesn't matter. They can't do anything but apologize and say, "I understand." I noticed they are an affiliate of First Data, those credit card processing son of a **, signed us up to take credit card payments and I have been trying for 4+ years to stop their merchant charges ($43.64/month) in our bank account since we were never able to use their services.

But First Data and Telecheck are like the beach. Seems like a great idea but once you are no longer blinded by the initial "this is going to be great" feeling you realize you will never be rid of the sand. So back on track, if I have never written a check at a merchant (or since they have gotten Telecheck) they are going to decline my check then make me call and establish an account for that merchant then wait another 7 days and try again. However my check may still be declined.

So if I am out of town and have to go to the Emergency room and they use Telecheck, does this mean I will have to go through the process of being declined, calling to establish the account, then return in 7 days and hopefully be approved and not dead. According to the supervisor at Telecheck there is no way around their system even if I broke the bill down and wrote checks to the merchant $10 at a time so I just have to die. Telecheck says they are out of Texas. However all the individuals I spoke to (CSR all the way up to supervisors) had an Arabic accent. Not one Texan in the bunch. Is this coincidence or is their call center not located in the US?

Original review: July 9, 2017

I am so angry with TeleCheck!!! I cannot even use my checks anymore. Every time I try I get declined, despite the fact I have 15,000 in my account. They keep saying I do not have a history of check writing, which is not right since I have been writing checks for roughly 20 years. The bad thing is, every place I go uses them!!! Is there any advice to be able to use my checks again? The customer service is the worst I have ever encountered! They give ZERO help on anything!!! I am so lost on what the company even is. These places are losing money due to TeleCheck!!! This company needs to re-evaluate how it is ran.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I order from Amazon on a regular basis. Suddenly, I start getting emails and having all my purchases cancelled, not through me or through Amazon, but this 3rd party company, stating, "We're sorry, but payment from your bank account was not authorized and thus we are unable to process the item listed below. This determination was based on information provided by TeleCheck Services, Inc. ("TeleCheck"). To protect your privacy, TeleCheck did not provide any financial information to Amazon.com during the authorization process. We will need to receive valid payment information from you within 2 days. Otherwise your order will be canceled." What the holy hell?!?

According to my bank, they have never even RECEIVED any of my cancelled orders from Amazon and have zero record of me ever having made any orders and that there is ZERO reason that my bank would deny me buying anything with my own money from my savings account! Calling Telecheck was an absolute nightmare! None of them speak English well enough to even be understood, and what little they did know, they repeated ad nauseam. They all demanded my routing and bank account numbers, like I am stupid enough to give them any of that. And then got angry when I refused to give it to them and hung up on me!

So after 5 calls today, I'd had enough. I thought I would call Amazon instead. Big mistake! Apparently, Amazon is going the way of every other failed business, in hiring these overseas idiots with strong accents that claim their name is 'Bob' or 'Steven', when you know for a fact, that is bullcrap. But, okay. After 15 minutes on the phone with the Amazon Asian, she informed me that my best course of action would be to talk to somebody from... wait for it... Telecheck!

So I guess Amazon does not want my money anymore, since they don't seem to be in a hurry to correct any of this crap. I really did enjoy doing business with them, but if that's the way their customer "service" is going to be now, I don't want any part of it. I am completely disgusted with both Telecheck and Amazon at this point. I will be reporting Telecheck to the BBB as well; not that anything will ever be done about the company. They are like an insidious cockroach that hangs out on the wall and spreads disease everywhere. I am shocked and truly disgusted (not to mention saddened) that Amazon would even allow them near their company.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Today, I attempted to buy $55.38 worth of groceries from one of their clients, roughly 1/32 of my balance. Their response was that I don't have a check writing history. For common household purchases, of course that's true. The bottom line is that there was considerably more backing the check than needed. I won't even try to purchase from that store in the future with a check, nor any other store that uses Telecheck.

Original review: May 31, 2017

It is horrible. First, you are asked to push a button for just about anything you don't need. What I needed was a real live person. I got one, but couldn't understand her because she was some kind of foreigner. She was no help at all. Why can't we have people who can speak plain English if we are going to have to deal with them through our own fault or someone else's. I'm totally disgusted with Telecheck and any company that uses them. I had to deal with them through no fault of my own. I am 74 yrs old and never bounced a check. Hopefully my bank will take care of it. I've done all I can do. End of Rant!

Original review: May 15, 2017

Well, this is the second time within 1 month that I had a check denied. On April 15, 2017 denied at Home Depot, "Invalid Account". I have had this account since 1972. It took me 9 days to clear up this issue. I had to have a conference call with my bank and Telecheck so they could verify my account number. Second time was 5/13, 2017 at Firestone Complete Autocare. My check denied. Just got off phone with Telecheck. Some nonsense about check validation. Number of checks written, frequency, check #, and other ridiculous excuses. Telecheck is out to dissolve the use of individuals use of check writing. I dont use debit cards or credit cards. I needed my car, so I had to get my wife to put the repair costs on her credit card.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Their customer service is thoroughly incompetent, their system is thoroughly incompetent. I got a Payment Method not accepted on MoneyGram, it does not accept my Checking or Savings account, both of which are with a well established national bank (Chase) and these accounts have been active for almost 20 years. Telecheck says my accounts were declined because I have not built enough history on these accounts. Every month I hand out a few checks, which I have been doing for the past 20 years, how come I don't have enough history built? When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she said yes, and I got cut off after a few more minutes.

Original review: April 1, 2017

I went to Family Dollar somewhere I went 2 days ago that accepted my check that decided to decline my check today... called my bank. Said my account was inactive and had plenty of money. Called the number I was given. The representative told me to use another payment option. They didn't recognize that I don't write a lot of checks. Advised I didn't have another payment. Just kept on repeating himself about another payment method. How can someone tell me how to spend my money... not happy at all. My bank was closed so I couldn't get my money out.

Original review: March 22, 2017

My mother went to her local Walmart store as she has done countless times. She is a senior citizen and most of her financial transactions are handled by check. Her check was declined at Walmart through Telecheck. She asked to speak to a Walmart manager and was told by two different associates that Walmart "could do nothing" about Telecheck. After spending a great deal of time dealing with phone-bots, I FINALLY managed to reach a live Telecheck agent. English is obviously a second language to the majority of Telecheck personnel with whom I spoke, and I have always prided myself with being able to communicate with heavily-accented phone operators across the globe. After several hours I was told my mother's check had been refused by Telecheck because "her bank had reported her account was closed." This of course is a LIE... a complete fabrication.

I went to a bank officer at my mother's bank, she had asked me to help because she was upset and embarrassed and had NEVER had a check declined. I offered to mail proof that mother's account had NEVER been closed and there were thousands of dollars in my mother's account. Telecheck claims to have no physical mailing address ANYWHERE in the United States. They make zero provisions for customer service. The personnel were rude and all but called my mother, my bank and myself liars. I opened a case number with Telecheck and sent all documentation proving that my mother's account had NEVER been closed. Telecheck never even presented the check to my mother's bank.

I was able to obtain a printout of ALL electronic transactions from both my mother's account and the bank officer sent a letter and copy of my mother's statement proving that Telecheck was full of **! Shame on Walmart for maintaining Telecheck for its check verification. There are countless complaints about this terrible company on Consumer Affairs and countless sources online. They have the lowest consumer rating for satisfaction and there are countless complaints. Do business with merchants who utilize Telecheck at your own risk. They have a history of dishonest practices and often levy a $25 "service fee" for checks that they decline through no fault of the consumer.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

After writing a check for a utility bill and having gone to a doctor, (occurrences on different days), if the checks just so happened to go thru on the same day, I was informed that my check for the utility bill would not be accepted. Naturally I called Telecheck and spoke with a customer service person and also a supervisor. Needless to say after having dealt with them previously regarding a fraudulent check I got the same ridiculous answers as I had gotten years ago, (check doesn't meet parameters, we have to update your file, you don't have a history, check amount meets high chance for fraudulent activity). It is beyond me that a checking account in existence in excess of 35 years would not meet a history parameter.

This company causes more unnecessary problems than having bad credit. At least you can attempt to correct that problem but with Telecheck, there's always a chance that hat green eyed monster will snowbird ugly head and you can't do anything about it. It is both tiring and frustrating and there should be some oversight over this agency and it seems there is none.

I as well as everyone else should be able to use the checking accounts we depend on to make purchases and pay our bills without being told that more than one check, in one day is too many. The only value that I experience with Telecheck is as a source of problems for persons with checking accounts because they have no value to consumers.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Yesterday, I wrote a check for $438 against a bank balance of over $2,000 that was declined by a service called Telecheck. You might imagine my embarrassment in a room full of strangers at Firestone. The clerk told me there was fraudulent activity against the account. When I got home, I called the bank... no such activity, no problem with the account. This morning when I called customer service I learned that the reason: I did not write enough checks against that checking account.

That there should be a service using this kind of primitive check approval methodology is all but criminal. This could affect my credit rating. This caused me personal embarrassment. This required me to put the charge on my credit card which I did not want to do... all because I don't write enough checks against the account. If you should ever have the misfortune to have a problem with this company, their customer service number is: 888-612-7431. The merchant will not have that number. All they have is a computer giving them denial codes.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

If I could give a "no star" rating or negative rating, I would. I am not going to waste time detailing my bad experience with the Telecheck company - I just would be repeating the bad reviews already listed on this website. Telecheck is NO GOOD yet the grocery store where I buy 99% of my groceries is still one of their clients. How can we consumers make Telecheck obsolete? Telecheck should be checked. Good Riddance Telecheck - BAD COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Best Buy uses Telecheck.... and I couldn't check out. My checking account is 20 yrs old, I've never bounced a check, my credit is great, and I had 10000x the amount of money in the acct than the check I was writing. And they declined it!!! Outrageous and ridiculous. Stores are going to lose business using this worthless middle man service. Getting embarrassed, and treated like a third class criminal is NOT fair or any way to do business! The fact the store or Telecheck doesn't verify with the issuing bank like a regular merchant inquiry is ludicrous!!! Who the hell is running the show here? Good paying customers not allowed to pay. Telecheck is useless and unfair and has no business model or purpose if they don't allow you to pay and their reasoning for declining your good check is 'no history' of which they don't allow you to start one!!! Wtf???? #Furious!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

If I could give them a less than one star I would. For the second time in six days I had a check declined. For the third time in the same six days I have called Telecheck! For the second time in six days I have had their customer service rep hang up in me when I have asked to speak to a supervisor!! I wrote a check at a gas station in my neighborhood where I write a check at least once a week. I have had the same checking account for over twenty years. I do not have a debit card or credit card! One can only imagine how embarrassed I was when the cashier informed me my $14 check had been denied!! Last week it was a check for $4.89 at the store where I work!!!

Last week when I asked for a supervisor the woman I was speaking to informed me there was no better English speaking person there!! I did not ask for that. I understood her fine. I wanted someone to explain to me why my check was denied other than that my check was outside of their rules or comfort zone or whatever she called it. She said they didn't have updated info on me. So I updated my information, she said that recommend waiting seven days before writing another check!!! Are you nuts?? That's how I live. It's how I pay for things. Gas groceries etc. well guess what today was day six although I have written several checks since then apparently not at businesses that use Telecheck! So yup check denied at gas station. Embarrassed oh for sure!!

Came home, called Telecheck, and guess what, no history with them, they needed updated info. No history of bad checks just that I have no history with them so that's why they denied it and I had only waited six days... so guess what this whole process starts all over again!!!! Seven days again and again when I asked for a supervisor, again I was disconnected!! Who actually owns this company??? I am beyond frustrated! I told the person tonight, I have written checks from this checking account for 30 years no problems and in the last six days they have turned my life into a nightmare!! Any ideas on what to do? Better Business Bureau? Attorney General?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I wrote a check for a printer at Office Max. When they ran it through for approval, it was denied. I am 77 years old and have never, never had a check denied even with insufficient funds as I have over draft protection. After checking with the bank to be sure I had sufficient funds, I called the TeleChek number and was told, after giving more information than I wanted, was told after asking for a Supervisor in the Philippines then asking for someone in the U.S., I was transferred to Texas. I was told that I had no record of check cashing with TeleChek and therefore it was denied. They were rude, could not speak English that I could understand, and of course, put me on hold for 20 minutes. I was fit to be tied. Will write their CEO and complain again. I now know that I am not the only one. I will do business with companies that do not, repeat, do not use TeleChek.

Telecheck Company Information