Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

3.9/5 (257 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Telecheck

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Telecheck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

This company makes my blood boil! They are trying to take advantage of my grandfather. Background: My grandfather (who is 96 and has Dementia) tried to pay with a check at Walmart but it didn't go through because his account was on hold. So my mom paid for him using her card. And, like most people, we threw out our receipts because it was three months ago. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, we receive this letter from Telecheck claiming that he never paid and they want to charge him $30 extra on top of what he already paid. We'd like to provide proof but like I said, we threw out the receipts and we don't have the check info (because he couldn't remember to write it down).

I just sent in the dispute form but couldn't provide much proof because it has been so long. This purchase was made in early May and they sent the claim in late late July. It makes me think they waited so long on purpose. This whole situation makes me so mad because he's old and he does not to deserve to worry about this. He's so stressed about it I'm afraid it's going to kill him. In summary, I plan never to shop at Walmart and I hate Telecheck with all of my being.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I rarely write checks at stores. In this case the check was denied and I was given a slip of paper with an 800 number to call. This phone number led to a request to enter an 18 digit number which I did not have. That was not the denial number or the number of the checking account. I called the bank who said there was no problem with the account and who could not help me with the 18 digit number. Called Telecheck back and called their second number. After telling me she would not hang up on me she put me on hold with my bank again and hung up on me. The bank tried to help again but could find no problems there. There is a real problem with a business that can prevent you from doing business and refuses to help solve the problem.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I went in to pick up my dog at the vet after a dental procedure. The bill was $306. I didn't think it would be an issue considering that I have $5678.00 in my account at the moment. My check was DECLINED! When I accessed the website to see why... too much activity. Um, yeah. It's a checking account. Y'know, there are still folks who use their checking account to pay mortgages, utilities, vehicle payments, dinners out, etc. Who determines "too much activity"? Give me a break. I will never again utilize a business that uses Telecheck. So to businesses considering them ... consider again. Get a reliable source that will base a decision on funds available. So annoyed.

Original review: May 23, 2021

Essentially, I'm now going to have to wait an extra day for something to get fixed because I guess these guys will straight deny your echeck transaction just because you've never used them before (not having credit/history with them)? This is essentially what just got explained to me by the representative. I don't even think she did anything other than confirm information I had already given to get me "set up" with them and then tell me I can't have my information ran again until the system updates... tomorrow.

I'm sorry, but isn't the point of echeck supposed to be that it's *NOT* supposed to be "credit" dependent? It's supposed to be that the account gets hit, it either declines or approves, and then you carry on. I don't understand why I'd need to have established "credit/history" with someone that was just supposed to process an echeck from an account that had more than enough funding to handle the transaction. If you have other options as a business for processing echecks, I'd highly recommend going with someone else. This is the only time this has *ever* happened to me and I pay with echeck all the time.

Original review: March 1, 2021

At the beginning of February, I lost my debit card and canceled it then the post office lost the new one so now I'm waiting on another new one. Since then I've been having to write checks to pay for things. Everything was fine until last when Telecheck started blocking a my checks. Them people are idiots. When you call it's an act of congress in itself. When someone finally answers they don't exactly understand you and you can barely understand them since they are all foreigners. Then they only unblock the check you tried to write but will block every other check after that so you are continually having to call them. This is ** ridiculous. These idiots need to be shut down. Causing people embarrassment and emotional distress. If you lose your debit card and have to write checks instead, avoid Walmart all together.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Dear Public, Until 02/16/2021 I had never heard of this Telecheck Co. Sadly, I see my experience has been documented all too many times on this site for years. I am an elderly individual, like so many others, who has been writing good checks for decades. On 02/16/21 earlier in the day, I went to our local Food Lion store here in Powhatan Va. I have been shopping there for years using my Bank Debit Card or Cash. During this time, our power companies power was cut to our house for several days after a catastrophic Ice Storm. Another Ice storm was expected, so, I went to purchase essentials.

During this first visit, I put $89.00 on my Debit Card. When I returned home, I realized that I had forgotten the Grape Jelly and Cookies. So, I returned to the same store now packed with folks shopping before the next Ice Storm. When I got to the front of the long check out line, I realized that I had left my Debit Card in the Truck. Rather than go all the way out into the full parking lot and start all over again at the back of a long check out line, I decided to write a check in the amount of $8.89. This Check was declined Twice, I was being Totally Embarrassed, and Humiliated In front of my peers! I just have to say, every Fool knows that Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are a necessity during any power outage! Come on, these guys declined a check for $8.89!

Of course, I got the same response as many of you, not enough information etc. Just who are these Parasites? Food Lion and TeleCheck should, in my humble opinion, should be publicly shamed for such egregious behavior! To decline a check written for any essentials during a Pandemic or Impending Severe weather event is morally reprehensible! For these two Business to decline a check for $8.89 during the above mentioned events, should illuminate for all just how truly pathetic they truly are!

As a result of my experience with this behemoth, I have had my Bank filed a complaint. I have also filed a complaint with the State attorney General's office as well as the Federal Trade Commission, Food Lion Corp. and TeleCheck. In closing, How many decades and hundreds of thousands of times shall people be embarrassed, and humiliated through no fault of their own??? Now is the time for Senate Hearings before The Federal Trade Commission. This abuse of power has to stop!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Telecheck is a mess, they're inept and closed on weekends and they shouldn't be. They're quick to take your check writing privileges and take forever to return your check writing privileges, it's terrible. You have to harass them to get anything done. Bottom line, telecheck should not exist, period.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I have been writing checks at most of my local merchants for over 25 years with the same account. Suddenly, I have had three checks declined in two days. I called Telecheck and got a rep who told me it was because I had used checks out of sequence. Why going from check number 2800 to check 3000 should upset them so greatly I do not understand, but he said he had cleared it up. The next day, I tried again to write a check at a different store. Rejected again. The reason this time? I have too many rejections!! So they can reject a check for no reason except some badly written/Big Brother statistic that is barely legitimate. Now according to them, I need to wait 7 calendar days to write another check. Which is making my life a living hell. So, someone tell me who we get hold of to take this poorly run company to court? There are more than enough horror stories about this company to take them down. It's time to start.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Telecheck presented a check to my bank which was paid. They then resubmitted the check to my bank as NSF resubmission. They are completely nonresponsive to information sent to them by me and by the bank, and are making me jump through hoops (getting copies of two months of bank statements because the first check was in Dec and the second in Jan) (writing a letter explaining the complaint and mailing it all with a copy of their letter to me). In the meantime, they have my $300 plus a $30 nsf fee for a total of $330 charged to my account in error. I've spent over six hours trying to resolve this with no luck.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I was using checks while getting my debit card replaced because it wasn't working. I wrote three checks in two days and the third check was rejected at a grocery store although the same store had accepted a check the day before. I asked why and was told it's because Telecheck rejected the check. So I called Telecheck and they said it was because my writing 3 checks in two days was not my usual pattern. That's true. I usually use the debit card but I was using the checks because I didn't have the debit card. So now I guess it's cash only until the new debit card arrives. Really annoying and inconvenient. The checking account had plenty of cash. I guess Telecheck thought the checks were stolen. Fortunately the grocery store manager let me have my $25 worth of groceries for the $20 I had in my wallet.

Telecheck Company Information