Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.17/5

Telecheck Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2020

Telecheck is a complete fraud. They have started declining all of my checks although I do not have any bounced checks. They say that the account I have used for a year now & that they have approved my of all of a sudden does not have enough history to approve. They say I need to wait 7 days for the system to refresh. Refresh from what they will not say. Don't ask for a supervisor anytime except Monday thru Friday 8AM to 5PM. How many places have you worked that did not Have a person in charge during business hours. If it is Monday thru Friday 8AM - 5PM it is still a joke getting a supervisor or a honest answer from any call center employee. Not to mention everyone you talk with is a foreigner. I do not think that there is a single American that works for this fraudulent company. I gave this co. 1 star however I wish I could have given them a -5. Beware.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I shop at my local grocery store, I wrote checks there all the time, had no problem whatsoever. They since then got new registers, then the problem started, code 3. Code 2,, I'm like wtf. Had no issues before now issues, I wrote a check 2 days ago went through. Today nope, can't help ya. I said seriously, I called them once it's like being on a Comcast phone line. You are on till you finally get human life, and they don't understand you.

They try to determine your financial life with data and statistics. But yet they don't work with you, they don't live with you. They don't have kids with you. But 1 press of a button they can computation analysis you with data and statistics. Seriously. Are you going to statistically figure when I step off of a curb to get hit by a bus. Or statistically keep me alive long enough to figure I got a lot of money in the bank to cover the check I wrote before I got hit by a bus, this company has risen above and beyond of making money. But our government allowed them to do it. And of course fraud is everywhere.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I received notice in the mail that I was reported for some bad checks that was written in a supermarket in Texas. A total of 18 checks in 2 days. Mind you my checking account was closed prior to those checks because of fraud activity. I sent Telecheck all my information fraud letter from bank etc. Along with the fact that in Connecticut. They come back saying the information is accurate. This is ridiculous. I don’t write check period and now they saying owe all this money. I can’t get through to anyone there. My driver's license number don’t even match my information. This sounds like a total scam. I need someone to contact me and have this resolved.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I had a charge called "INTERNET WASTE MANAGEMENT DOE JOHN" on my checking account. They used routing number and account number for the charge. The bank gave me the phone number associated with the charge and it led to Telecheck. It was impossible to get through to a live human to find out what the charge was for, so I have disputed with the bank. One would think that the name John Doe would raise some suspicion, yet the bank did not flag it on their own. Very weird.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I tried to use a check to pay for repairs to my vehicle to a shop I have used routinely for years, but always paid with cards. We decided to use a check this time, but the check was declined for not enough history. I called the hotline listed on the decline and after spending a lot of time going through an automated menu, I received a length explanation that either I wasn't in their system or it wasn't consistent with previous check writing habits. I pushed one to transfer to an operator. The agent essentially asked me questions straight off my check, so nothing that would actually validate my identity or provide anything useful. He then stated that checks would start having a higher chance of being approved in 7 days. I explained that I was paying for repairs to my vehicle and this needed to be approved now, or I might lose my job for not being able to get to work. He stated there was no way to override the system, and that I would have to wait the 7 days.

I was escalated to a "supervisor" who had nothing to say but I'm sorry, and there is no way to override the system. So essentially, if you plan on writing a check, you have to try and write a check somewhere 7 days beforehand so it can be declined and you can call and make sure you are good. Then they promise that "it's more likely to be approved." The company is ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I went to write a check at Tractor Supply today and was declined. I had the money in my account but didn't have my debit card with me. I called Telecheck and was told I had never written a check to Tractor Supply before therefore it was deemed risky. Well, I think it is risky for a company to have an opinion on my ability to purchase goods. I will never shop anywhere that uses this company.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I shop at Walmart regularly at least 1-2 times a week, and my current checking account I have had well over 15 years. Back the end of December I tried to purchase $174 worth of groceries by check. I was declined. I knew there were plenty of funds. I went to the service desk to call Telecheck. After 45 minutes the supervisor reversed the denial and my groceries were purchased. Today, a Saturday I again went to Walmart to purchase groceries and my check was declined again. This time I got on my phone right there. The first time I was told I didn't write enough checks and this time I was told my check for $175.42 was excessive amount for me to write. I ask to speak with a supervisor as this had just started happening and it needed to be cleared up and the denial reversed. I could hardly understand her and there were no supervisors there to clear this crap up on the weekend.

Saturday my bank is closed and during the week they don't give out this customer information. After 45 minutes of getting nowhere. I was so upset and embarrassed. I even spoke to the Walmart manager. She told me it wasn't Walmart and I didn't have a bad check from looking a the denial code. She also said what gives Telecheck the right to tell you how much is excessive.

Telecheck is not a certified or governed company. They have no quality control and basically do what ever they want with no regulations. This is so wrong, a company with no supervision on the weekends can have this much power. I am glad to have found this site as I couldn't understand why this was happening to me. Also it seems like this could be a form of discrimination. I too will not shop at Walmart until they either regulate Telecheck or get rid of them. And it is Walmart that is letting this bad behavior thrive. I will be speaking with an Attorney as I am so very tired of being taken advantage of by unscrupulous companies.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

We are currently building a house, and every time we try to pay with check at Home Depot and our check gets declined! So far we had 4-5 times consecutively this happened to us. After spending 1-2 hours on the phone with telecheck, they will finally approve the check! Very frustrated with this company.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Good luck actually getting a person on the phone to ask a question because I have been calling for 3 days and all I get is the automated response. You can be guaranteed I will NEVER use this company again. I paid my cellphone bill via EFT and they use Telecheck unfortunately. It's been over 2 weeks and the payment still hasn't posted and I can't get anyone on the phone to find out what's going on. I'll just pay in cash next time because this has been a total nightmare.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I received notice that I had 3 returned checks. I immediately called and paid for them with a different account debit card. Later I received bank statement saying the checks were paid! I immediately called Telecheck and they agreed I paid twice and said I would have the money back on the debit account within a few days. I called to question when no money had been returned. I faxed bank statements proving I had been charged twice. It's been over 45 days and I have 0. Telecheck Company should be investigated. They are thieves and liars.

Telecheck Company Information

www.firstdata.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.