Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.17/5

Telecheck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Telecheck presented a check to my bank which was paid. They then resubmitted the check to my bank as NSF resubmission. They are completely nonresponsive to information sent to them by me and by the bank, and are making me jump through hoops (getting copies of two months of bank statements because the first check was in Dec and the second in Jan) (writing a letter explaining the complaint and mailing it all with a copy of their letter to me). In the meantime, they have my $300 plus a $30 nsf fee for a total of $330 charged to my account in error. I've spent over six hours trying to resolve this with no luck.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I was using checks while getting my debit card replaced because it wasn't working. I wrote three checks in two days and the third check was rejected at a grocery store although the same store had accepted a check the day before. I asked why and was told it's because Telecheck rejected the check. So I called Telecheck and they said it was because my writing 3 checks in two days was not my usual pattern. That's true. I usually use the debit card but I was using the checks because I didn't have the debit card. So now I guess it's cash only until the new debit card arrives. Really annoying and inconvenient. The checking account had plenty of cash. I guess Telecheck thought the checks were stolen. Fortunately the grocery store manager let me have my $25 worth of groceries for the $20 I had in my wallet.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Needed urgent surgery for pet. Check was declined (I have THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in this account). I was told that I did not have any debt history with Telecheck. The person said that I needed to have debt in order to gain history for future approvals. SO I HAVE TO GO INTO DEBT, OR CREATE SOME FAKE DEBT IN ORDER TO HAVE MY CHECKS APPROVED. I DON'T THINK SO!!!! This is nothing but a misuse of information and they get paid to reject payments so they look good to their customer, i.e. protecting them. Now I need to drive an hour to my bank, then another hour to the animal hospital, then another hour home. I don't use "plastic" for a reason. Each time you see a Telecheck sign you need to tell the business that they are being taken advantage of...AND will have less customers. I would think every dollar counts.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I tried to purchase an item at Best Buy and pay with a check. Telecheck rejected my check even though my account is valid, has plenty to cover the check I issued and has no unusual activity. Telecheck cited all these as reasons to reject it, claiming unusual activity and fraud. No amount of reasoning to either Telecheck or Best Buy made them accept the check. Do not patronize merchants who use Telecheck.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

On 10/10/2020 had to use Telecheck at Best Buy. 3 checks written, not accepted, talked to their CSR and was told absolute fabricated lies (too many checks written, amount too much, didn’t have my info, etc) had to use credit card. Terrible service. Terrible company.

Original review: July 2, 2020

So I wrote a check out of a money management account to my veterinarian's office for my dog's dental. Check was denied TWICE, and there was absolutely NO reason for the denial. Am currently on the phone with this worthless company trying to find out why, and all I'm getting from this poor English speaking person is that there isn't enough check writing history on this account, which is why they denied it. WTH!

So I find out that the reason my check was denied both times was because they have no check writing history on me! So is that any reason to deny someone's check? It USED to be that a check was denied because of BAD check history, or no money in the bank to cover said check. I can see why there's all of the negative reviews now. I will make sure that I never write another check with someone that uses Telecheck for their check verification services.

Original review: June 23, 2020

The agent demands all your financial records. If you refuse for fear of credit theft. She ruins your check cashing in the US. You can't contact anyone but her what leads me to believe the whole telecheck company is corrupt. I have gotten use to using cash for fear if I give her to all my banking accounts the company will rob me of all this my funds.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Very very poor English to be dealing with English speaking people. I had a little savings, & somehow these people got a hold of the account number. They repeatedly pushed charge after charge for items I did not receive from Amazon, that in fact wound up in Quincy Illinois. Amazon refunded items they could but the ones that somehow wound up with Telecheck was out of their control. Neither had permission to debit my savings account. I tried getting the $420 back from Telecheck. My bank tried as well. Any help is appreciated.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I have been trying to reach them by phone, email and fax. No response. Who are these people and where do they get their information. Why would anyone call somewhere and input their routing number and bank account number. That is insane! I haven't written a check in 4+ year and they denied me the ability to pay a bill by EFT. Based on what information. I can't get ahold of anyone to even fix this. I see this as an excellent opportunity for a class action lawsuit for all of us that have been wronged by Telecheck.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Telecheck is a complete fraud. They have started declining all of my checks although I do not have any bounced checks. They say that the account I have used for a year now & that they have approved my of all of a sudden does not have enough history to approve. They say I need to wait 7 days for the system to refresh. Refresh from what they will not say. Don't ask for a supervisor anytime except Monday thru Friday 8AM to 5PM. How many places have you worked that did not Have a person in charge during business hours. If it is Monday thru Friday 8AM - 5PM it is still a joke getting a supervisor or a honest answer from any call center employee. Not to mention everyone you talk with is a foreigner. I do not think that there is a single American that works for this fraudulent company. I gave this co. 1 star however I wish I could have given them a -5. Beware.

Telecheck Company Information