3.52/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Telecheck

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

452 Telecheck Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

My husband was purchasing a new door from Home Depot. The home equity check was denied. I spent a long time waiting to talk to a human who couldn’t give me a straight answer as to why it was denied. Apparently we don’t write checks enough I think was the answer. What the heck? So I’m filing a complaint against Home Depot as well.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Sam's & Walmart shopper for 40 years. Always write checks--- no problem. I recently wrote 2 checks at Sam's because I wanted separate receipts for gift cards. Same day I went to Walmart to buy items unobtainable at Sam's.... Check was denied. Totally shocked. Absolutely no reason for this. Called Telecheck, representative's accent very difficult to understand. I think she said there was too much activity. There's got to be a better system separating those who are writing 'hot' checks and the rest of us who have done nothing wrong OR at least the merchant should publicize the rules. i. e. Thou shall not write 3 checks in one day to any stores in Walmart system.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Same story different person... I had to use my checking account to pay for some things on Amazon. The first few went through no problem, then everything after 4 or five transactions was declined. I called my bank, Amazon, and finally Telecheck to see what was wrong. The bank said no payment requests were coming through. Amazon told me that my bank must be lying. Finally Telecheck told me that they are the ones causing the payment to be declined. I don't have enough history with them, so they will decline any payments/purchases from Amazon using my checking account.

They said that maybe in seven days it will work and I should try again, but they weren't too sure.They also said that I should keep trying in the meantime to build up a longer history of transactions with them. After giving Telecheck way too much of my banking information to find my account and issue, they asked for the routing account data from any of my other checking accounts and suggested that the checks I have written from those accounts would help build my history. It all just seemed very shady so I declined.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Went to Best Buy to purchase a modem, wrote a check on BB&T account with over $16,000 in it. Telecheck declined to approve it. This embarrassed my wife and I since we never had a check declined. Went to BB&T to clear it up. BB&T did not have a problem with the check. BB&T contacted Telecheck to find out why they wouldn't let Best Buy accept it. Apparently Telecheck does not clear checks the first time you use their service, you have to wait a week after you are in their system. The BB&T rep told them it was a stupid policy, my wife and I agree. And Best Buy has lost this sale and any other sales to us in the future because they use Telecheck.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Union Bank of India A/C - ** IFSC- ** Anuj **. As I paid in his bank account - he never sent me product. Blocked me in call & WhatsApp too. If I call from new number pick the call ^ Disconnect my call please every one aware of him. Anuj

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

We have had two checks declined recently, and the best they say is "I don't think it will happen again"?? It is a business, we have a need for the occasional office supply, etc. I would be proactive, but am not being told anything? other than our check writing history has been cleared out?? The service they provide is a FARCE.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Went to our local Walmart and purchased around 135.00 in general merchandise including a prescription. Was declined. Talk about embarrassing. TeleCheck said this was not my norm. What???? Have been going to this Walmart for 30 years and always write a check. They now are trying to tell my I should refrain from writing any checks at all for 7 - 10 days, even though I have more than ample funds. Grrrrr. Totally humiliated as we live in a small town. What is wrong with this picture???

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

My wife and I including our 3 kids were at Sam's Club in Brandon, FL shopping for groceries. We usually spend about 300-400 on average. Our refrigerator and freezer were quite empty due to family member coming over our home. After shopping we went to the cash register to ring up the items. $410.86 is the total balance. My wrote the check as she usually does, The cashier informed us the the check was denied. We asked her to kindly run it again and that has to be a mistake because we have used the same checking account for years at that same location. After the cashier tried numerous times she handed us the receipt which displayed the reason for denial. It stated "Reason Code 2" by Telecheck. My wife immediately called and was asked more personal and security questions then our bank do themselves, The rep on the phone told us that she did not see the check even being run, and that it may be a store/technical related issue.

Since we were waiting inside of Sam's Club we decided to head to customer service to speak with a manager due to Telecheck rep not seeing the check being run. The store manager couldn't do anything much more than asked us for another form of payment which we didn't have at the time. As a man, it was one of the worse feeling you can have when you aren't able to provide food because of a system profile. My kids were ashamed and we were definitely looked at wrongly not to mention to the already stereotypical looks we get being a ** family with our natural hair. This must stop and we need to do better as human beings. We cannot let computers and others mistakes and misdeeds to control the outcome for everyone else. If they "the system" can decline a check for no good reason, who is holding them accountable?

Original review: July 30, 2019

I purchased something in a Peebles department store. The amount was only $15.37. I always use checks. Hardly don't take that much cash with me except for gas or etc. When she told me my check was declined, I felt like people were looking at me like I was trying to pass a bad check, never have bounced a check. I knew I had enough funds. So I called Telecheck and I never really got a reason why I was flagged. Except I think they were telling me I HAD WRITTEN TOO MANY CHECKS THAT MONTH. Which is laughable. It's my money. The guy said to wait 7 days and everything will pass. I went to another store and purchased some things using my check, and it was perfectly accepted. I called them back to tell them I believe they had a faulty system. I won't shop at Peebles again, I have heard the same complaint with the same issue there.

Original review: July 19, 2019

My check was denied not because of insufficient funds but because I don't write checks enough. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Crying kids in the store not understanding why they can't get toys and me being looked at like I'm passing a bad check when I have thousands. This company should be shut down. I reported them to BBB and encourage everyone to do the same.

Telecheck Company Information