4.0/5 (604 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Telecheck

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Telecheck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telecheck?

Original review: May 25, 2022

I have requested my report from Telecheck multiple times over the past 3 months and Telecheck has failed to send me even one copy of my report. I have called on more than one occasion as well, only to sit on hold for over an hour and get some foreign rep who doesn't understand English. I am a victim of identity theft and know that someone opened at least one checking account in my name, which is showing up on Chex. I need my Telecheck report to see if there is any reports indicating other accounts were opened in my name.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Family get-together. Went to market, spent $239 for food. Telecheck declined check, tried calling 4 times cut me off. Went online, no matter which site fill all info correctly informed error but would not say what error is. Where do they get off telling me how much money I can spend.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

After a $1000 cash advance was put thru in mid February with $25,000 in my account..and NO objections from Telecheck nor the retailer...telecheck denied a $500 request much later offering NO reason for denial....Then I had to spend over 30 minutes on phone with the most idiotic bureaucratic process I can ever remember.. Telecheck claimed I owe them, $1030. Because even though they authorized and retailer gave no objection NO one from Telecheck knew what happened to the $1 000!! Bizarre.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Telecheck declined an e-check at Amazon. No reason, no “decline code” and no returned check. When I enter all of the information into the web site at https://getassistance.telecheck.com/decline-code-lookup.html I am told that “Not enough information was provided” although it was all provided. When I call the number at 1-800-366-2425, I am told I need to provide a check number. Well, there is no check number since it was an e-check. I am therefore without any way to get through to the system and find out what happened. Extremely maddening.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

My experience here has been nothing less of fantastic. I have learned everything that I wanted to learn plus countless new tools that I can put in my toolbox that will set me up for success. My specific field is cyber security and I learned a new thing every single day either from discussion threads or the included text And also the fantastic resources that the college offers to you

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

This company makes my blood boil! They are trying to take advantage of my grandfather. Background: My grandfather (who is 96 and has Dementia) tried to pay with a check at Walmart but it didn't go through because his account was on hold. So my mom paid for him using her card. And, like most people, we threw out our receipts because it was three months ago. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, we receive this letter from Telecheck claiming that he never paid and they want to charge him $30 extra on top of what he already paid. We'd like to provide proof but like I said, we threw out the receipts and we don't have the check info (because he couldn't remember to write it down).

I just sent in the dispute form but couldn't provide much proof because it has been so long. This purchase was made in early May and they sent the claim in late late July. It makes me think they waited so long on purpose. This whole situation makes me so mad because he's old and he does not to deserve to worry about this. He's so stressed about it I'm afraid it's going to kill him. In summary, I plan never to shop at Walmart and I hate Telecheck with all of my being.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I rarely write checks at stores. In this case the check was denied and I was given a slip of paper with an 800 number to call. This phone number led to a request to enter an 18 digit number which I did not have. That was not the denial number or the number of the checking account. I called the bank who said there was no problem with the account and who could not help me with the 18 digit number. Called Telecheck back and called their second number. After telling me she would not hang up on me she put me on hold with my bank again and hung up on me. The bank tried to help again but could find no problems there. There is a real problem with a business that can prevent you from doing business and refuses to help solve the problem.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I went in to pick up my dog at the vet after a dental procedure. The bill was $306. I didn't think it would be an issue considering that I have $5678.00 in my account at the moment. My check was DECLINED! When I accessed the website to see why... too much activity. Um, yeah. It's a checking account. Y'know, there are still folks who use their checking account to pay mortgages, utilities, vehicle payments, dinners out, etc. Who determines "too much activity"? Give me a break. I will never again utilize a business that uses Telecheck. So to businesses considering them ... consider again. Get a reliable source that will base a decision on funds available. So annoyed.

Original review: May 23, 2021

Essentially, I'm now going to have to wait an extra day for something to get fixed because I guess these guys will straight deny your echeck transaction just because you've never used them before (not having credit/history with them)? This is essentially what just got explained to me by the representative. I don't even think she did anything other than confirm information I had already given to get me "set up" with them and then tell me I can't have my information ran again until the system updates... tomorrow.

I'm sorry, but isn't the point of echeck supposed to be that it's *NOT* supposed to be "credit" dependent? It's supposed to be that the account gets hit, it either declines or approves, and then you carry on. I don't understand why I'd need to have established "credit/history" with someone that was just supposed to process an echeck from an account that had more than enough funding to handle the transaction. If you have other options as a business for processing echecks, I'd highly recommend going with someone else. This is the only time this has *ever* happened to me and I pay with echeck all the time.

Original review: March 1, 2021

At the beginning of February, I lost my debit card and canceled it then the post office lost the new one so now I'm waiting on another new one. Since then I've been having to write checks to pay for things. Everything was fine until last when Telecheck started blocking a my checks. Them people are idiots. When you call it's an act of congress in itself. When someone finally answers they don't exactly understand you and you can barely understand them since they are all foreigners. Then they only unblock the check you tried to write but will block every other check after that so you are continually having to call them. This is ** ridiculous. These idiots need to be shut down. Causing people embarrassment and emotional distress. If you lose your debit card and have to write checks instead, avoid Walmart all together.

Telecheck Company Information