3.8/5 (146 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Target Credit Card

Target Credit Cards come with benefits like additional time for returns and discounts whether you shop in stores or online. Cardholders also get free shipping on most items when purchased from Target’s website. See if you qualify for credit by applying online or by mail. Some restrictions apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Target Credit Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Credit Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Credit Card?

Original review: April 5, 2022

I had just a Target Red Card in 2016 with at 250.00 limit. They upped my limit to 500.00 shortly after using the card in 2016 and kept raising it. I was upgraded to a Target MasterCard in 2017 or 2018 with a 9,000.00 limit. Then in 2019 upgraded to a 11,000.00 limit. The bank behind this card is TD Bank USA, N.A. and the interest rate was terrible and the website for making payments is not well designed. If large payments are made they can take a long time to post which is frustrating. Customer service is ok but not the best when you call. The Target MasterCard rewards are not worth it and you just cash them out and get a gift card to use at target. Avoid this card the interest rate is terrible and the bank behind the card is average at best.

Original review: March 25, 2022

Between log into the Target Store itself. That's one thing. But to make it so bloody hard to sign into their Red Card account. I know my user & password but each time they say it wrong. I'm done trying.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

I have had this card for a year and a half. Limit was 500. I don't use this card much. Target reduced my limit to 200 due to the fact I don't use it much. I have 24 cards and none of them have done this. My credit score took a hit which is unfortunate. I called. Customer service was extremely rude. I would have never opened this. Had I known this was their practice. I've worked so hard on my credit and took a 19 point hit because I didn't use the card as much as Target thinks I should.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

At least once a year they charge a $99 charge to my account without permission. They state that I gave permission in order to receive on-line orders next day with no shipping fee. It is difficult to get any of the customer service reps to assist you because they are trained to frustrate you and then they just hang up. Sorry Target. I love your goods and your incentives but the headache is not worth it. Closing my account.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

The worse credit card I have ever had. Customer service is rude and absolutely not helpful! For the years I have had this card has been nothing but trouble and I can't wait to close it once I buy our house. Here is my reason to stay clear:

1. They had payment issues at the beginning my payments went through 1st couple months then all of a sudden I am getting calls because they didn't receive a payment. Took me a while to get my money back and straightened out. In the meantime I had to make another payment.

2. You do not want to miss a payment. Accidents happen for everyone even errors from the company happen, but you miss one payment and their "collections" team will call you. Instead of nicely informing the card member of missed payment they are rude and treat you like have went months without payment and owe an ungodly amount of money. I always pay my card at least a week before due date.

3. If you need any timely documents be prepared to wait. They can't email you but can fax and they have issues with faxing their paperwork. You might just want to wait for the mail, 5-7 business days, for what you urgently need.

4. Don't ever use any other card information other than your own to make a payment. I helped a family member make a payment on their card. It was a one time payment and we made sure that was stressed. Instead they kept my bank account info and continued to charge me for their account as well as linked my phone number to their account. That took 2 months for things to be fixed on their end with no explanation as to why they saved my info to their account.

5. 9 times out of 10 customer service is just rude.

I personally go the card for the discount and free shipping but it's not worth it!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Like other low raters here, I've also had nothing but problems with them lately. My payments were ALWAYS on time, every month. Then this December, suddenly their website has issues. Can't log in or make payments. And somehow my routing # is wrong.. when my prior payments went through just fine. Their supposed Guest Relations sends me an official looking letter about my 'troubled account' - and when I call, it's just another outsourced hold line, that call back. Such a bunch of rubbish. I had full trust in my Red Card...until they outsourced their billing and support, like everyone else.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I got a Target redcard credit card, 3 months in, making my payments and all of a sudden I'm seeing my payments taking 1-2 weeks to post. Electronic payments mind you, in this day and age. When I call Target Redcard, they are telling me that they need to dial my bank on a 3 way call and have me enter my bank credentials to verify those payments.... What? I work in a bank, this is how people are scammed. I hung up and called them back, talked to a different associate and they told me the same thing. Unless Target is so cheap that they are still using computers from 1990s to process "electronic payments", I don't see how it is possible to process a payment for 2 weeks. It deducted from my bank acct same day, but somehow does not reflect on Targe Redcard for 2 weeks and the support line is useless!!! Canceling this RedCard, it is not worth the 5% to expose your bank information to Target support teams in India

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Used several Target gift cards towards purchase of a phone. The remaining $5.92 was charged to my RedCard. Two months later I get a letter in the mail demanding payment for $7.92. Upon checking my bank, which I use to pay all bills, I see that the scheduled payment was $5.92 was never sent. Target failed to send a email that the account was overdue yet searching my email account I found dozens of unread emails concerning their latest sales. Target failed to send a monthly invoice. Target failed to contact me at home via phone. Instead they added a $1.00 finance charge each month it was overdue and reported me to the credit bureau. As a result my near 850 excellent rating has dropped 99 points to just good. I have never had a late payment in the multiple decades I've owned credit cards. Say goodbye to any further business over the coming decades Target.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I was a credit card holder for over 6 years, had a very high limit, never late, paid in full. I went to use my card and they had lowered my limit from $3,600 to $300. No changes on credit, no answers. Very RUDE customer service.. The impact this put on my credit score was devastating. I would truly like some answers. I Ended up closing the account.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I went to use my card today and it declined. They said they lowered my limit due to inactivity. It’s been less than 11 months since I last used the card. They lowered my limit right before the holidays without telling me. I contacted customer service and they were rude and unhelpful! I have had a card with them for over 8 years.

Target Credit Card Company Information