1.13/5
Based on 327 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

339 Target Credit Card Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have been a REDcard holder since 2005. I use the card frequently, pay in full monthly, and have it set to autopay generated from Target's end so I haven't encountered any issues with late fees. In short, I've never had a reason to contact Card Services before. I am in the process of securing a mortgage. Like I mentioned earlier, I use the card frequently. Last month I charged $19 on the account, with a minimum payment of $19. This came up on my application for the mortgage, it didn't show that the $19 was not still outstanding. The underwriters requested a zero balance letter to include with my application. I didn't think much of it. How hard could it be to get that? In fact, I had to request it for my Sam's Club Mastercard as well, which I use for groceries but pay in full each month and that was a breeze. Not only did they send it to my lender, they also dropped a copy of it in the mail for me.

I called Target with my request and the representative was rude and impatient. I knew she must have been having a bad day when she ended the call with a terse bye. Outside of that call, I can't recall the last time a CSR hung up without asking if there was anything else they could assist me with? I was uncomfortable with the exchange because I was told they could not send an electronic letter (a pdf emailed to the lender or myself) and that the full account number would need to be listed on the letter. (I was told that my options were to have it mailed to myself, which would take 10 business days, or to fax it to my lender.) I opted to have them fax the letter to my lender and prayed that the account info would remain in safe hands. I was told the lender would have it in 24-48 hours. Ten days later, the lender still had not received it.

I contacted Card Services again and was told that the letter had been faxed. Chase hadn't received it so I again put in the request. This time I gave them a different fax number to try. The processor, who was also waiting on this information, asked that they send it directly to her. Two days later I received a call from the lending officer. She and the processor had touched base and while everything else was in place, neither had received the zero balance letter from Target. (Is this really what's going to hold up my closing!!) She asked that I try Target a third time, but suggested I call the local store directly, explain the situation, and ask for a number other than Card Services. The manager was pleasant and gladly passed on the number to Guest Services. He really seemed to believe that if I was having unresolved issues, Guest Services would be able to help.

I called the number, which was a different number than the one on the back of my card, and was connected to the same Card Services department I'd been speaking to before. This latest agent listened kindly, looked into my account, and reassured me that this third try would stick. She told me she'd put a rush on it and so the bank should receive it in 24-48 hours (exactly the same time frame I'd been given with the other two calls so I'm not sure how that is a rush job). She also told me that the notes reflected that I had requested the full account number be included in the letter but that they were unable to do that. They could only include the last four numbers. I laughed out loud because when the first CSR told me the full account had to be included, I'd asked if we could just show the last four digits and she told me that wasn't how it was done.

The third CSR was by far the friendliest and most helpful but she didn't really provide new information and it remains to be seen if the problem (why is this even a problem?!) will actually be resolved. As a side note, my balance is still zero so I am hopeful that the first letter(s) with the full account info never existed and I can stop worrying about the account being compromised. I'll keep watching for any activity on the card.

Original review: May 17, 2018

24.15% and have the credit card and change banking institutes. They don't notify you until collection that auto-payments aren't going thru even though you updated account info on debit card. They don't connect more too. They contact you until they've done damage to your credit rating... Suck on Target Red Card!!! You'll not get another dime of interest ever from me.

Target Credit Card 339 Reviews (with Ratings) | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 6, 2018

I received a call saying my account was compromised but they would not give me any information. They asked for very personal Id such as Social Security card and driver's license front and back. Every time I faxed info they would add more than they wanted to see. The company must be very small as I kept getting the same arrogant people who were of no help. My account was frozen for no reason and no way to straighten it out. It’s the worse company I have ever dealt with in my life and I don’t see how they stay in business.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I used my bank’s online payment to pay my Target Redcard in the amount of $44.05 in January of 2018. I received my statement in February which stated I owed $44.05 plus a substantial late charge. I contacted Target Card Services and filed a merchant dispute. It turns out I sent the payment to an old Target Credit Card that I no longer used. I opened a new Target Card last Christmas to get the discount on a new purchase. I agreed that I made an error but Target still cashed the check. This has been a nightmare. I have been going back and forth between my bank and Target Card Services since February of this year. My bank has submitted documentation to prove the money was sent to Target several times but Target still insists they did not receive the money and sends me another bill. Target insists the money was sent back to my bank but I never received a credit to my account. Very unprofessional. I will never use the Target Redcard again.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Horrible customer service policies. I submitted my payment over a week in advance just for them to charge me a $10 fee for returned payment. I caught the issue early enough so that I could still get them the funds before the due date and they weren't willing to do a courtesy one time waiver. For doing business with them for over 10 years it's unfortunate that they lost a customer over a $10 fee even though they still received their payment before the due date.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: March 29, 2018

Ok so you can be awesome pay your card on time for YEARSSS and then you mess up by paying a few days late (like I did in July 2017 due to a death in the family) and pay right away and ask for late fee of $35 to be refunded, which they said they would after chastising me like if I was a child. THEN here I am March 2018 and again I paid ONE day late, yes ONE day I have a lot of things going on and no Target is not the only card in my life so I call them ask them to PLEASE credit me $35. I use their card all of the time, my husband has one as well, they get more than enough with the interest fees etc. and they say NOOO because I was already credited once in July of 2017! I'm like ok... Well sorry things happen, I speak to 2 different people, message, etc and they REFUSE, I've never dealt with a company like this! CHASE is super understanding, I recommend Chase Freedom card!!! Screw TARGET!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Please check your Target.com Red Card bills. They are overcharging the amount that you are given at the time of purchase. Their bill is set up to confuse you with numerous odd amounts for each item you purchase. I was supposed to get two FREE $5 gift cards with purchase. I was charged for them and also was charged tax! When I called them, they said the cards were charged but the amount was adjusted - it was not. When I asked about the extra money I was charged they said it was extra tax. Huh? For what? They can't account for the money either and I argued four times with them. If they do this for every Red Card customer every month imagine how much $ Target is making!

Original review: March 23, 2018

In November I made a purchase and again in December. Early January I received a call that my account was past due. I paid it in full while on the phone figuring I must have missed a paying a bill. Just last week (March 2018) I got a call that my account was 3 months past due. I have not received a Target bill at all and have not used my card since December. Looking into it more, the past due is from a Dec 20th purchase - so when I told them to pay my balance in full over the phone, they left out a purchase I had made 3 weeks prior since it was not "due" yet. So, was charged $38x4 in late fees since November of 2017 without actually receiving a bill telling me that I owed money. They did refund 2 of the late fees but claimed that is the most they can credit back. They also had the ridiculous suggestion that I call regularly the check on my balance. I cancelled my card and will only be using Target as a last resort from here on out.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I purchase an average of 1 item a month online from Target and have paid my credit and balance on time, in full every month. I have a current balance of $138 due to be paid in 8 days. I'm trying to purchase a $90 gift from their gift registry and it won't accept my REDcard as payment. After much time and numerous phone calls I found out they have a credit limit on my account of only $200. So until they receive my $138 payment I can not purchase this gift item. I have a credit score of 820 and called Target credit and asked to have my limit raised from $200 to $300. They told me they would submit the request and I will receive a letter from Target to let me know if the additional $100 will be allowed.

I was told it will take "1, 2 or 3 months" to hear back from them. I will pay me $138 balance early so I can purchase the gift the person is registered for. Then I'll never spend another penny at Target. Having to wait up to 3 months to approve a $100 credit increase when I have an 820 credit score is RIDICULOUS. I've worked in the financial industry for years. It takes 1 minute to pull a credit bureau and see EVERY bill in my entire life has been paid in full on or before its due date.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I use this card but I try and make payments in full at the end of the month. Each time I do, Target holds the payment for 15 days! Each time I've had to call them to "release my funds early" so that I can use my credit line. Each time I've called or emailed them, its a very different reason why they do this (and mind you, it's the only card I own that does this). They claim it's for fraud protection. In case people make a payment to the wrong account (wtf? so everyone has to be penalized for those few?). They claim it's because if it's a young account, they don't have a history of payment established yet. This is the real shady answer - They say they do it for all for protection but they recommend not making a payment as large so that the payment is not delayed... most people adjust. WTF? So don't make a large enough payment so you can accrue interest?

All this is BS and it seems like it.s just a way to take your funds and leave them in a money market account long enough to generate additional interest for profit. Not to protect the consumer. I've attached the latest email from them trying to explain this and basically reiterate that they released my funds again after yet another call.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

On February 1, 2018 I scheduled a payment on my banks online bill pay section for my Target REDcard for the total statement balance of $1,136.18. The payment was scheduled for February 6, 2018, and my bank delivered it on time. On February 7, I noticed that the amount had not been debited from my checking account. On February 8, 2018 I checked my bank account again, and when I did not see that the payment had been debited, I called Target REDcard services, and I spoke to a representative who told me that they had not received my payment. On February 9, 2018 I called Target REDcard again at 2:32 PM, and I got the automated system which indicated that no payment had been made and prompted me to make a payment over the phone to avoid a late fee because my due date was on Sunday February 11, 2018.

I was leaving town that day, and I had no time to stop by my bank, so I went ahead and made a payment on the automated system to avoid having to pay an extra fee. On Monday February 12, 2018 two payments of $1,136.18 were debited simultaneously from my checking account causing my account to become overdrawn. I contacted Target Card and I was told that the first payment would take 48 hours to processed, a second, third and fourth representative confirmed that the payment was processed on February 8, 2018 (48 hours after it was received). However, Target REDcard is refusing to credit me back my money, or refund me for my insufficient funds fee from my bank. On the first call the representative who was supposed to be in the refunds department hung up the phone, when I ask to speak to her supervisor.

On the second call I spoke to a representative named Jamal, who transferred me to Will ID **, who transferred me to a representative named Kim, who refused to give me any identifier, then I was transferred to a representative named Courtney who refused to give me an ID, but stated that she was at ext. **, then I was transferred to a supervisor named Filomena ID **, then I was transferred to someone else in Arizona, and all these during the second call. I spoke to three other people before the last representative on the first call hung up the phone on me. This company is a joke. They cannot process a payment timely. Their automated system does not provide accurate information. The representatives are extremely rude, and totally inefficient. When I requested a refund be sent to me electronically for the additional payment they refused.

Even though they have record of me calling on February 9 through the automated system, they have no record of me calling and talking to a live agent the day before. When they told me that they had to send me a refund via UPS, I asked them for a tracking number, and I was told by Courtney at ext. ** that she could not provide me one. When I asked her to e-mail me the UPS link she stated that she could not send me an e-mail - Yes, as unreal as it sounds in 2018 Target REDcard Mastercard representatives cannot e-mail you a simple UPS link or credit the same account electronically that they debited one day earlier. Unfortunately, I have to give them one star because this system does not allow me to give them ZERO stars, which is what they deserve. Believe me, this crappy card is not worth the miserable 5% discount you get at their stores.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have spent the last 2 years, 2 times a month calling and talking with Target credit card services because they have completely destroyed my credit and have charged me beyond imaginable from mistakes they have made. They're even dumb enough to tell me they looked back in the notes and saw that the last person clearly specified in there that they were doing something they weren't suppose to and then they go and do it themselves and it's literally a never ending cycle or ** not having any clue what they're doing. I will never shop at another Target again and I surely hope they go out of business just because of how completely stupid everyone working card services is.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I did not receive the Red Card in the mail, so received a cryptic email telling me to activate my card and to call a specific number if I had not yet received it. When I called that number, the automated voice on the line repeated the request to "enter my card number" 28 times. The only reason I waited 28 times to hear that message was that there was literally zero customer service number on the web that did not request me to enter my card number so I could ask what was going on.

The person on the line, once I got through, did not speak good English and after my explaining about my card not arriving, hung up on me without getting the information to get a new card. Then, after a 2nd time, the customer service person said I should expect the card in 6-10 days. I didn't receive it again. I called the line again, they said they were not able to close my account, and are sending the card a 3rd time. I have charged nothing on the card, have no card and can't apparently cancel the card.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I paid my card in full online each month. One month they processed it a day late and charged me a fee. I was never sent a notice of the late fee. They kept adding late fees each month until they finally sent one to me on the mail! I paid for all my merchandise and somehow now have 148 in ONLY late fees. This is absurd as I paid the first late fee even though I don’t believe it was in my control they took my payment a day later than scheduled. Called so many times and they haven’t helped at all. They twist the verbiage and type incorrect comments in your account. Worst customer service next to Xfinity and Comcast...

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I bought $400 worth of items at Target Wareham, MA but I did not have my Target REDcard. The cashier told me I could go to any Target same day and get the 5% back in my account. So I went to the Marlborough, MA Target with the Redcard and receipt and they promptly told me that I needed to go to the original store of purchase to get the 5% back. What gives? Same chain, same system, same everything, just a different location. I don't know if this is store policy, technology limitation, or clueless workers, but what a joke. IF YOU HAVE A RED CARD, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT WITH YOU AT TIME OF PURCHASE OR THEY WILL SCREW YOU. Just a word of advice. Signed, screwed and really aggravated.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I initially had pleasant experiences with my Redcard customer service. Then I had the misfortune of a 2 month period of unemployment and 2 missed payments. My attempt to work out a payment plan did not go well as the customer service rep was rude and unhelpful. It is on me to make payments on time but my experiences with my other credit card companies at least provided me with suggestions and possible solutions. I should have listened to one friends, who previously worked at Target, who warned me not to fool with Target and their Redcard.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My card was locked for insane reasons. I sent over faxes to clear it up and they said someone has been calling who isn’t me. Which I know is untrue I’ve been calling to check on everything. I’m a loyal customer since 2009 and this is how I get treated very unfairly. I will cancel my card and never pay a dime since they won’t help me. I’m not doing squat for them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I'd give zero stars if allowed. Calling the various customer service phone numbers, you're prompted to enter a card number 6 times before being given the option to report a lost or stolen card. Very few people would have the patience to be prompted 6 times. This is clearly an intentionally malicious obstacle. Alicia was my customer service representative and was entirely helpful. There were no problems or difficulties. I don't know why Target's phone service needs to prep customers to feel rage before connecting them with their employees.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I thought I was applying for the record that came out of your debit account. I received no late notice from this company. When I noticed a 60 past due I called the company to let them know that's had not intended to apply for their credit card. Paid the original charge and interest but requested a waiver of the late fees. I was told they do not waive late fees after 30 days which makes no sense, how can you encounter late fees if you aren't past due? I requested a supervisor and was told one was not available and to correspond on writing. I sent a letter with no answer. Keep receiving calls that another late fee has been added so at this point I'm being charged $40 every month for late fees!!! They make no concession to help with the fees at all!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I have not been able to access my Target account at all. My card was paid off. Target will not remove fraud charges and each month they send me statements adding more charges and creating huge sum of money due. In fact they added different charges which made the card have a higher balance than it did when this fraud started back in April.

I had the card paid off. They keep removing charges and then add a ton back on. I have talked to so many people that claim they are "supervisors" but then they end up saying I have to talk to Julie-who was nasty to me, the one and only time she was available. I have called so many times and no one will do anything.

This headache has been going on since March and the hours and hours of time and I can't get anyone to help! I got 1 letter saying they removed the charges but then they added different charges that were removed in the beginning that were fraud and still leave me with charges I shouldn't have. I want as many people to know about Targets REDcard so they don't live this 6 month nightmare! I don't know what to do?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Website appears so broken to me. Always locked out of my online account. Supposedly I need their security but I do wonder if it isn't deliberate. My nightmare! Spent over an hour two days ago trying to reach someone to unlock account. No clear option on menu. Twice a person I reached put me on hold and call cut out. Now I'm a day late so it hurts my otherwise excellent credit. Target you suck.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Target payment was the last thing on my mind during Hurricane Harvey preparations. I made the payment at 10 pm on the day it was due and Target considered it as late since it was after 5 PM. I did not know that anything after 5 pm was late. So I got a late fee tacked on to my account which was unaware of since I assumed it was zero. Then September came around and they tacked another late fee on because of previous month's late fee balance.

When I called to speak with customer service, they said the company had "graciously" waived the September late fee due to Harvey. I asked to have the August late fee waived instead so then there would not be a September late fee and Target REFUSED. Target is heartless. I don't plan on supporting a company that does not support its customers especially during hard times. Look at the companies who stepped up to help with Harvey relief efforts. I don't see Target helping anyone other than themselves.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Target; The worst (card, website login, account alerts). Target has the worst website, login and account alerts. I always pay my credit cards way before the due date and always "current full balance" not even the last statement balance. I paid over $114 for a purchase of $19.00 and actually after it affected and brought my credit score down. I found out that there was a purchase and they didn't bother to contact me, instead they contacted credit bureau that my bill hasn't been paid for over 4 months. So my Capital One & Citi Bank sent me emails that your credit score changed when I tracked it down, I found out I forgot about $19.00 purchase. So I paid $19+$114 immediately switched to the paper statement instead of the paperless statement and shredded my Target Credit Card.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Opened a Target card maybe around 2013/2014. Would use the card as needed and then pay via website. No major problems other than the ** time you have to pay by, (as long as I pay on the due date, who cares if it's after 6 pm!). Problems began in 2015; was having some medical issues and was not fully invested in my credit cards or paying tons at the card due to co-pays etc. associated with multiple dr visits. Balance was around $700, I go to pay my card online and am greeted by a prompt to call said number and unable to make any payments via web. Call customer services and I was sent to collections, yes I paid late. However I was more concerned with a possible cancer diagnosis than a pathetic Target bill. I was told collections would contact me. Months pass, I get a really shady letter from a debt collector out of NY.

Problem is they are claiming I owe $1100. Ummm, my limit was $1000 so I would like to know how it's possible to go over, plus I was down to maybe $700 or less as I was paying card off over 2-3 months. Pissed off I put the letter aside, and with life complications forgot about it. I was never sent any additional letters, calls or emails to obtain the debt. Fast forward to September 2017. The door to my building is called and there is someone delivery a letter that needs to be handed to a person. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it could be. The next evening, knock at the door and... I'M SERVED WITH A SUMMONS FOR SMALL CLAIMS COURT FOR A ** $1100 BALANCE! Are you kidding me? Apparently TD bank took over the debt and is suing me! I was never sent anything from this law firm/debt collector office about the balance.

After debating on wasting a day off from work for this bull, I decide I don't have the time or energy to fight them and will see if I can work something out with the firm. Called and left a message, no one called me back. Finally the day of my court date I call the office and ask if they received my message and that I will not be at court. After being put on hold multiple times, to my surprise, they say they can't take any payments from me or help me. I am given an 800 number to call and they are to help with the matter. So I ask, "Who exactly am I calling?", and she replied TARGET! WTF, apparently my account is still active. So I have been accruing fees for YEARS on something no one could help me with, they ** serve me court papers and now I have to deal with these **?!

If anyone knows what I should do next I would greatly appreciate it as not only has this been such a nuisance, but the amount of stress having being served, (I have never done anything illegal, never been sued or had to go to court!) has really pissed me off! My plan is to take Target to court, how dare they treat their customers as such! After reading what others have gone through I realize how awful these large corporations are! I will never set foot in Target and I will be sure to tell everyone I know to boycott!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

This past May I received my first Red Card bill. It was a little over $100 and I paid the whole amount within a few days. The next month I received a bill that included interest and a late payment fee that was more than one third the original bill. Thinking that I must have forgotten, I immediately paid it all. But when I checked my records I saw that I had indeed paid the first amount of time and my online bank statement indicated that a payment had been made to Target. I called Customer Service and after several relays I was finally connected to Crystal, to whom I explained the situation. I gave her my bank's phone number but the bank was closed for the he day so she said she would call them the next day to verify this.

A few weeks later I got a letter from Crystal asking for the whole story again. I sent a detailed report. After a few more weeks I got a letter from Crystal saying the claim was denied. In short, I had paid the bill, had proof that I paid it but they denied the claim anyway. This has never happened to me before. I have excellent credit and always pay bills long before they are due. Obviously, I will never use that card again, but it is a blot on my credit and I'm out almost $50.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I open my REDcard 2016, my minimum payment is always $27 to $37. I pay monthly $100 more than the minimum, I used to go to the store to make my payments but doing it online was more convenient. So I open the online account so I can make my payments directly from my checking account, I guess when I enter my bank account, I miss type the last number of my checking account. So when I process my first payment online it said your bank will reflect in 2 business days and I was ok with that because I knew that it takes time, so I waited 2, 3, 4 days. I called REDcard and they told me that the $100 payment was returned, and that was the reason that it was not reflecting.

So the representative from Target told me "we can contact your bank and see if the funds are available" and I said "I am seen my online banking and is available" but they said they needed to hear it from the bank. So 3 way call my bank they verify the funds and they post the $100 I asked my bank why is the reason that it was returned and the bank said "because when the bank account was enter you mistyped the last number of your account and we could not release the money", (I am glad that I was paying my Redcard 15 days before my due date) so the Target representative told me because was a returned item they put a fee on my account for $27. I was a little upset because like my bank said was a miss typo not that I did not had the funds to cover the payment but been my mistake I did not argue the fee.

So July comes and I make my payment I make, I am looking into my online to see by statement and it says your credit limit is $400 your balance is $262 and your available credit is $0. so I called REDcard again. I speak with a representative and she explains to me that the payment for July was returned so I said I don't understand why since in June happened the same thing. She said "let's call your bank to see if the funds are available" (mind you the previous representative in June told me my bank account was updated) so we call my bank again and they say is because the last number of your account is wrong and then I said but I thought the last representative in June had updated that then the representative from target tells me "no we can not managed that because you are the only one who can edit bank account online."

So there is another $27 for the month of July (me, I should of pay attention to the bank number when I was making the payment) ok I took the next $27 for the month of July. I go to my REDcard online today and my credit limit is $400 my balance is $262 and my available credit is $0 again so I called the representative tells me is because your payment was returned and I said "I know and you guys charged me $27 but I want to know why is my available credit $0." She said "well your account is in hold until we can verify with your bank" and I said I called on July 24th and they spoke with my bank and the payment was release by my bank and she said "Well I am sorry but if I can not call your bank I can not release your available credit."

So I asked to speak with a supervisor. A Bob supervisor comes on the line and says exactly what the other representative says and I told him "I understand that you guys had to charge me $27 June and July but if twice you guys have spoken with my bank and know that it was a miss typo why is my available credit not reflecting." He says "because your Redcard is going to have a Hold for the next 6 months" and then I say "why I paid the fines for my stupid mistake you guys spoke with my bank and it was because a mistake not because I did not had the funds and you want to put my account on hold for the next 6 months, mind you I haven't used my account for the last two months, why can you release the available credit" and he said "that is the policy of target an there is nothing I could do".

So I asked "so if I go directly to the store and make my payment in cash every month I will be ok?" and he says "NO your account is on hold for the next 6 months" and I told him "why if I am paying cash" and he said is "a penalty because the payments did not go" (I am glad that I had pay my account like 15 days before because if not I will get charge late fee). Mind you I haven't use my card. I have no available credit to use and I been paying more than the minimum every month they know that the payments did not go because a mistake not because not available funds but still they put my account on hold for 6 months and even if I go to the store and pay cash my account will still be on hold.

Here is the big reason why I don't like going to the store to pay it. Is because unfortunately is sad that I have to get to this point but my ex-husband had an affair with one of the logistics team leader and the managers knew me and knew about the affair. I thought in corporations having relations with employees more been team leaders/ manager was a big NO NO. So I avoid going there to pay or purchase anything because is embarrassing to see the people there and know that I was probably the laugh of everyone so that is the reason that I haven't use my card or go to the store, and if I have to purchase something either I do it online or I go to a different store.

But now I just want to be done with Target in General but I know if I go an pay my full balance and close my credit card, can affect my credit and I had work so hard to keep it in good. SO BEFORE YOU OPEN A REDCARD PAY ATTENTION TO ALL THE CONDITIONS AND DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU, BECAUSE

I did and I got played with the store and the Team Leaders and the Redcard.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I applied for a Target Red Card (store card) online and I got a phone call from Target Financial Services about the application asking me for my birthday, my address and how old I am. How strange. I called back the number and was told by Ashley that I have been approved and the card has been mailed to me but in order for me to use it I need to fax the front and back of my SS card, the front and back of my license and a utility bill. How strange that a company issuing a card should ask for sensitive documents. I called again and I asked them to cancel the card but was told that they cannot do it. I told the person I am going to report to the FTC about their practices which I did.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I received a Rejection letter from Target Red-card thanking me for my interest and that I am Declined. I never applied for this card. Every time a Target cashier asks me if I want to save x amount by applying for their card I answer: NO. Also the reason they list for my rejection as it lists on the letter is: FICO: 912. Who gave them permission to process me for a Credit card?

Original review: July 17, 2017

Not only is Target saying I have 4 late payments, but they are also reporting that I have 2 identical credit cards with them. This means that 2 high amounts and 8 late payments are being reported to the credit bureaus. I have written Target and TransUnion multiple time to get the other card off, but got denied. Target has admitted that the card was the old card without a chip and not a separate account, but still won't report it correctly. They refuse to help me with taking the 4 late payments off. They were late due to having a set amount taken out and not adjusting it when the payment went up. Terrible card.

Original review: July 5, 2017

All they want is the money. Customer service reps are robots, and I spoke with 2 of them. They simply don't care, won't work with you, dishonest and heartless. This was the case even when you said you'd pay the whole thing off; even when I threatened to close my account. They just wanted the money. We're talking about $65 of purchase over 2 months; with 70.00 of charges (2 months late because I thought it was the regular red card withdrawn from my bank like I used to have).

Target Credit Card Company Information