Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Target Credit Card
3.53/5

Target Credit Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Target Credit Card Reviews

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I missed one payment in October and they have sent it to collections. I have had my card for almost two years and never missed a payment. I could understand if I was two or three months behind. I am trying to rebuild my credit and this will cause my score to drop dramatically. I will be calling the collection agency on Monday and find out what my options are at this point. This is such BS... I will never shop at Target again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I have excellent credit and because I was closed as a red card holder. Never new it was closed and why??? I called and they stated I had two mishaps with my bank W/F and they closed it. I was so hurt due to the fact I am responsible and pay off balances and I am on automatic payments as well. I will never go into another Target again even if they were to give it back no thank you!!! BEWARE HORRIBLE customer service as well. ICE COLD HEARTLESS PEOPLE telling me I can re apply. Well If that was the case then why they do it in the first place??? NEVER AGAIN AND I AM WARNING PEOPLE BOYCOTT THIS STORE.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I would give this 0/5 stars if possible. Not only did I pay over $300 in credit card debt, but the Target sales representatives completely undisclosed and omitted the fact that this was a credit card, pushing that you won't need to pay anything else for it. Fast forward, I'm starting to get billed and having to pay credit card payments for something that was completely unclear. Exploiting young customers, isn't a great look Target.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I’m beyond appalled and frustrated with my Target Red Card and the betrayal of this company after my many years of purchases. Three months ago, my husband and I decided to pay off several credit cards. The Target Red card was one of them. On June 17, 2019, our account was due so I made a payment of 100.00 which was more than the minimum due. Two days later I received the funds to pay off our cards, went on my online target account, and paid the entire balance.

This was on June 19, 2019. This is all confirmed by Target. I just received a collection notice for 180.00 for finance charges on a zero balance never having received any notice from Target! I paid the 180.00 so as not to appear past due! Everyone knows how this works! I have literally just donated 180.00 to Target and I’ve been told to work with the collections agency! Why is Target not taking responsibility for this and appreciating a 20 year customer? I will no longer be shopping at any Target stores and urge Consumer Affairs to look into this fraudulent behavior.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have been using Target Red Card for several years. I am shopping items online or in the store. Lately I signed in my Target Red Card account online, I discovered that they did not give me 5% discount in some online orders. Be careful when you use Target.com to shopping. They have two systems - Target website and Target Red Card. When you are shopping, you are purchasing through Target website. They charge you in another system call Target Red Card. The charge you see in your shopping cart normally doesn't match the charge in Target Red Card. I don't think anyone has the time to compare the charge side by side when you sign in to two websites side by side. It is hard to compare since the Target Red Card didn’t display the item’s name you ordered in Target website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

July 27, 2019 I mailed a check paying in full the $900 balance. The check cleared on August 5, 2019, but never went into my account. It's now September 4, 2019 and I called to have them say they found it a week ago. Where was my phone call? Were you ever going to tell me you found it? Thank you to the other RedCard customer who was honest and reported the payment wasn't theirs. But come on, why wasn't TD Bank even trying to look?

Original review: July 10, 2019

I looked at my Target account online the day before the billing cycle closed and entered a one-time payment to pay the balance in full so the statement would show a $0.00 balance when it cycled. I entered the correct 9-digit routing number, and then entered the correct 12-digit checking account number - entering the 12-digit number two times, as required. The payment system will NOT let you enter the same routing number in the account number field, and the two account number fields have to match exactly before it lets you continue to the payment amount field. 5 days later, I received an e-mail saying that my payment was returned marked "Account not found".

I called my bank and the payment was never presented for payment. Had it been presented, they would have done a name search and routed the payment through my account. I called Target customer service and they told me that the account number that I entered is shown as *### with the last three digits of the routing number shown as the ###. They are trying to tell me that I entered the routing number as the account number. Ironically, their system will not allow what they said I did. They have assessed a $28 returned payment charge AND added interest to my balance. This is their system error.

I wish I had known about the 300+ consumer complaints about this issue BEFORE I opened the REDcard account. I guess this is Target's way of recovering the 5% REDcard discount that they give when you use your REDcard for purchases. Beat the system - keep your discount, but pay in the store at the customer service counter. DO NOT TRUST THE TARGET PAYMENT SYSTEM ONLINE! If you pay the balance every month before the statement cycles, they can't charge interest on the accounts, and you will be able to keep your discount.

Original review: June 10, 2019

After attempting to place an order at Target.com, the fraud detection algorithm used by Target flagged my account, and my card was restricted. Calling the fraud department to remedy the situation was a total NIGHTMARE!! More than a week later, after numerous calls, and after faxing much more private information than I feel comfortable sharing, they claimed to have lifted my restrictions. Only problem is they did NOT lift the restriction! I still cannot use the card, and they keep giving me a runaround ending in "okay, your restriction has been lifted". "Yes sir, really, it is lifted this time!" No, it isn't. Still. I'm taking my business elsewhere, they can rot in retail hell with Toys R Us, Sears, and countless others.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I've been a Target Red Card customer since 2003. Over 100 payments. Never late. Always on time. Paid them off. One time, I make one human mistake. Target quick to charge me a $27 returned payment fee. I've made you guys richer by using your card and you can't help me out this one time for a human error. WOW! Bye Target, I guess I'm now shopping at Walmart.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I have had a Target RedCard since 2003. Never had a problem until now. I made a larger payment than usual and brought my balance to $0.00. That was back in April. I wanted to use the card again to save 5% at Target, but now, weeks later, the available credit remains at $0.00. It was embarrassing to have my card declined in the store, when I should have had over $3,000 of available credit! It has been more than two weeks now. The payment cleared my bank on day 3, and Target still hasn't processed my payment. On one phone call, the representative pretended she couldn't hear me.

On another, they tried to do a conference call with my bank, and entering the call means typing in my SSN and Phone PIN. NOT GONNA HAPPEN during a conference call with a third party! When and if this issue gets resolved, I will be closing my Target RedCard account and shopping elsewhere. They lost a loyal customer of 16 years because of the difficulty they are having in processing my payment. What they are doing feels more like a scam than a credit card account. This is what they get for outsourcing to the lowest bidder.

Target Credit Card Company Information