Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Target Credit Card
3.57/5

Target Credit Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

384 Target Credit Card Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

Since they updated their log in interface almost a year ago (I think) I have had nothing but problems logging in. Every single time I try to log in they make me reset my entire account putting in all of my information card numbers etc and then reset my 3 security questions. I have written down every single question and password and make 100% sure I enter it in correctly and they still boot me instantly. It’s not like I enter it incorrect and they let me retry like every other site, as soon as I try to log in they decide I need to reset my account. Even though I’m typing my exact passwords and answers. I’m so done, will pay off and cancel. Been a member since 2013 but I’ve had enough - and apparently hundreds of others are also having this issue. There are tons of forums on it.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I got this card back during the holidays as it allowed me to get 5% off the purchases. Never had an issue, and always paid early. Took forever for the payment to post, and had to call customer service (whom conferenced in my bank) to verify payment. I then made a payment recently, had the account setup correctly (so I thought) and paid off my card again. However, no notices, no alerts, no notifications. Just started getting calls that my account was past due. Thinking it's possible spam, but just in case, went to look.

Short story, I discovered that the payment was returned (no reason specified online). After talking to customer service, was told it was due to an incorrectly setup banking account information (but no way to check as they deleted it when it's "bad"). And they would not credit the return fees as they claimed it wasn't their fault (again, no way to verify it). My credit is pretty good, and I only got this card to get a discount at the store. The employee informed me that I could do the debit card online when I returned home (of which I got denied, go figure). Let's just say, because of these methods to extract more money out of consumers, I will no longer use my card. Nor will I shop there ever again.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I applied for this account November 2018 and my first time using it was 3/27/19. I waited till the purchases showed then tried immediately to make the payments as I made purchases. Which were showing as not going through so on the 4th time I checked all the numbers and apparently I put the account numbers in wrong and I fixed it and paid in full on 4/8/2019. Yep 12 days that’s it and when I called. They said they shut my card down permanently. There is nothing they can do about it. So the credit score I have built up they have lowered by shutting my account down for paying my account balance early cause even as of this moment there is no payment due till April 19th 2019.

Yep you got it. I have never had even been late. Never had a payment due but yet because of a mistake in putting my payment info in my account was shut down in 12 days of the first use. And I am told by the service number that there is no one that can fix it. That I can complain but the supervisor of the customer service number says she is the highest rank and it’s as far as it goes and so she can’t fix it and how it affects my credit is not her problem. So I wish I would have never applied for this card that they really pushed on me every time I went to Target. It is the most horrible customer service and they obviously don’t allow any time to fix a technical error mistake. I would never recommend this card ever. The worst ever!!!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I love Target and was trying to build my credit, I have another card through Hot Topic. Never had an issue. Target kept kicking out my payments without notifying me, apparently because my bank info was not correct. Which it is because I use the same info for my Hot Topic card. Well since I didn't know they rejected my payment I racked up a higher bill than needed and it lowered my score. Paid it off, still hasn't been reported to any credit agency. Had to drive an hour to Target to pay it and even that was an annoying process with poor customer service.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I was a regular shopper at Target until we decided to get a Redcard. Target employees both on the phone, and in the store are rude, unhelpful, and ridiculously lacking in professionalism. One will tell you one thing, the next will completely contradict the other. Done with Target.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: March 1, 2019

I paid my Target Red Card payment of 11.20 which was the entire bill. According to Target they could not retrieve the money from the account. I asked them the account number and it was not mine. I asked them to show me where that account number is on my bill. Shelby from Dispute Resolution said she couldn't. She said the account was deleted from my account already. I informed them that was not my account and according to my bank you never tried to retrieve the money. Target charged my 27.00 for a bill of 11.20cents. They had the wrong number. They can't prove it and they are taking advantaged of a 73 year old disabled Senior Citizen on a fixed income. What horrible customer service. So my entire bill is up to 38.00. This has to be against the law.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Every time I try and log on to pay my bill I have to reset my username and password. I'm entering everything correctly so I know it's not on my end. It takes forever to pay my bill - very frustrating!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

They take your payments but refuse to update your available credit for literally WEEKS - if you make an extra payment, like I did - they punish you. I've had this RedCard since 2006!!! Given the recent decline in customer service - and the shoddy management of this account - I am no longer going to use this card. It will be paid off ASAP so I don't have to deal with this crooks.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I LOVE Target. And in certain circles. "Tar’ga”, like an exclusive Boutiqueago. My Redcard Debut card bounced so many times due to delayed withdrawals from my checking account. Please investigate this problem, as I don’t have unlimited income at my disposal. Am speaking for my finances, am not as fortunate as others. Please look into this, it’s the only Con I have for this Company, The Pros are all the innovative designers at a fraction of the cost of the high end departure stores and Boutique(s).

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Target seems to hold your payments on hold for ridiculous reasons and length of time. I called 4 times and was told the first time the payment would be cleared the next day. It didn't . I called the next day and they said it would be another couple of weeks. I called today the date I was told they would clear it and was told they need to call my bank to confirm it cleared. OMG. Are you kidding me!!!

They have my payment now for 3 weeks. The representative said well if you wait it should clear this week. REALLY TARGET? Every time I call I get a different answer. You have the payment, Clear my account or close it. I was told one time they had put the payment on hold because it was a larger payment than usual. What kind of stupid excuse is that??? Will never shop there again. There are too many other stores and cards to choose from to put up with this poor customer service. Keep it up and I am sure Target will follow in other stores with less than customer service. I wish I could give them a negative star for customer service.

Target Credit Card Company Information