Looking for a prepaid debit card?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.06/5

264 Direct Express Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2019

I was being robbed over and over when I was homeless. The Direct Express customer service said they had to send a paper statement which they couldn't do because I had no address. Then they would review and get back to me in 6-8 months. And again, how are they to get back to me. I'm homeless. A cab in Sacramento, Ca. bought one of those machines at Rite-Aid. It is a machine you can run a credit card on. Well he charged me $302.00 for a 10 minute ride, then gave himself a $75.00 tip. I called Direct Express and they did nothing. I could go on for hours. I called Direct Express and had 6 years of back statements sent to me. I just recently got off the streets. And I couldn't believe how many times I had been ripped off. I have contacted several of them. No one cares and no one will reimburse me.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Over a period of a year, somehow several $100 was siphoned off of my count using the Direct Express cash card. When this was discovered and reported to Direct Express they already mediately to fix the problem and Credit my account for the missing amount. But before they could credit my account they needed Have a standard investigation done into the fraud, which seemed reasonable. After 2 months of delay and no follow up by Direct Express company, I contacted them and asked for the status of the claim. I was then told that I need it to review the amounts that were missing and send it all to them in writing. This meant for me to spend hours reviewing 2 years of documents and hundreds of transactions in order to find the exact transaction list that transaction out in writing and then send it back to the company. It took me almost a week to complete this task. Upon completion of this task I then submitted the paperwork to direct express.

Shortly after the paperwork was submitted, I received a letter in the mail stating that there would be a full review and A final decision no later than 90 days but I should expect a decision in less than 10 business days. I received that letter 5 and a 1/2 months ago, and to this day I have yet to have this case Finalized. Just this morning on March 7th Kama I contacted Direct Express once again to complain about the length of time it is taking them to review and render a decision on this complaint and/or fraudulent act. At the end of this discussion with Direct Express, I was told once again that they will send another e-mail to the fraud department and have them look into it.

There was no other explanation given no other alternative means of resolving this issue promised, not even an apology and an offer of good will to help with the cost and bills that have been accumulating since this amount has been siphoned out of my account and I have been unable to use. For this reason I am warning the public about this Company. To be honest I'm not 100% sure that the amount was siphon off my account by some other person. My suspicions says That this company are the ones who are doing the Siphoning. It could be possible that they are using veterans monies to fund some other expedition or to use that cash in their own pockets for some other venture and then returning the money after they made a profit somewhere else. I cannot see no other reason why it would take over 6 months to clear up an obvious fraud attack against an account.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I love this card. I don't have very many issues and if I do customer service takes care of it. I realize the people that go out of their way to write reviews have usually had a bad experience. I wanted look at reviews because my card was cloned and I'm wondering if Direct Express was hacked. Seeing all these bad reviews I felt I should share my experience. My card was cloned and used in another state. $200 was charged at a store in N.Y. I called customer service as soon as I noticed the charge online. The fraud department opened an investigation and sent me forms to fill out.

The day after I faxed the papers back to them I received the credit back. I knew I would, it's obvious someone cloned the card as the it was used in person 10 hours away from me 5 minutes after I used it myself. I've had to call customer service a few times and they are in another country, but I always understand them. And the only time I can think of that the card doesn't work when I know funds are available is at gas pumps. And oh well, I go in and pay debit and usually get a better price.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The Direct Express Card is declined 75% of the time I try to use it (not an issue with available funds). They will decline purchases from companies I have bought for previously without a problem using the card. When I call to find out I am given the "Mastercard has decided to decline purchases for your protection" line. If I am calling to say I am the one making the purchase they declined, how is that protecting me? What is the point of having a card that is declined 75% of the legit purchases I am making authorized by me? Long wait times, dropped transfer calls and then there are the times it says they are too busy, call back later. I am forced to use this card as it is what my company has given me.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Direct Express is a terrible company if you happen to have fraud which you WILL at some point. They only have foreigners to answer the phones so you can be extra annoyed and confused. They let people charge your card in other states even though they know you live somewhere hundreds or thousands of miles away. They will hang up on you when you several times when you call to report fraud. Horrible horrible company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Express?

Original review: March 2, 2019

I am utterly disgusted in this company. I need to print my statements for my proof of Medicare. I used to be able to print my statements, but the last 6 months, I haven't been able to, and have called the so-called customer service department numerous times, and said that they would take care of the problem. Well, they haven't. They are so full of **!!! I am also sick of being hung up on!!! I don't know why we have to deal with this company, just because SS payments are put on this card. Need to change companies!!! I also asked for a paper statement be sent to me over a month ago. Still waiting!!! I HATE THIS COMPANY!!! IT SUCKS!!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I've been with Direct Express for some time now. My experience with Direct Express customer service has been 85% negative. If an Issue ever comes up that to where I know I have to call Direct Express I get bad vibes before even making the call from the negative experiences I've had with them before with other issues. The customer service is very lazy and some don't really want to help you and some have very negative attitudes. Also, the call volumes are always high to where you can't get through. Calling this bank can be a waste of time and time consuming when they hang up the phone on you while you're on hold or just will not answer their calls at all. Their call volumes have been high for almost 24 hours as of right now. I am just wondering if their volumes are high or if it is that no one wants to answer you. Can't have this type of negative going on when there are serious issues that need to be taken care of or checked up on.

With all the negative fraudulent activity that happens these days with hackers and scams sadly, that happens a bank should be available at all times with a customer service who is ready to help you asap. I am at my limit with Direct Express I am tired of the drama and the ignorance there is already an issue happening they don't make anything more comfortable for you, in fact, they add on. I am ready to switch banks because of these issues enough is enough. You'd think with all the negative reviews there is about Direct Express they would pull their ** gear and be more on point but no its been the same for over a year. This bank is in dire need of positive change ASAP or I think they just might be out of business altogether over time.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Had 600+$ charged on my card over 3 months in small 10-20$ overseas charges last year. I jumped through all the hoops and was denied. I put a complaint on the BBB site and a couple of weeks a customer service rep from DE called and reopens my case. They deposited the money back into my in Dec. Now 2 months later my account is locked up and I can’t even see my balance or reach anyone to see what the problem is.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

In December of 2018 I went to the Google Play Store and downloaded the Direct Express app. I entered all of my info... cardmember... as well as some personal information. I also had to enter a pin and all that other stuff. I received an email stating that they were welcoming me to the app and thanks for downloading it. However, when I went to sign into the app it stated that the email and password were not valid. I knew it was valid because I had written it down and put it somewhere private and I know I did not make any mistakes.

After about an hour of trying to hit the number 3 button quickly I finally got through to someone. She sounded nice enough and I asked her what the situation was with the app and why I couldn't log in. She said she looked into my account and that there's no record of me signing up for their app. I told her that I have an email from them stating that I had successfully signed up for the app. She didn't sound like she was buying it even though it was the truth. I inform her that I can can do a screenshot of it and send it to her. She played coy and said, "Is there anything else I can do for you." What kind of reply is that to the previous statement?! She ended up hanging up on me and luckily my fingers are crossed I haven't had any money or my card compromised. I feel really bad for you guys who have had this happen and it's disgrace.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Direct Express has got to be the worst in Customer Service through to management is an unprofessional, unethical Company to deal with. After your account has had fraud on it you need to speak right away to someone. After calling the fraud dept and once explained they have to transfer the call to level 2 because there's been some fraud on your account. Then why have a phone number to call the fraud dept that can't even help you and just route the calls to level 2 as that's the dept fraud customers need anyway. In that dept you will either become even more upset after holding for hours and hours or they will just cut you off their line. Tell me when I called them bad I had to hang up because my blood pressure was so high after holding so long just to hear, "We have a high call volume. Please call back at a later time."

I had my account compromised and I reported this to the police and to Direct Express. I completed all paperwork sent for me to complete attaching all their required documents and mail them in. Without me being notified the case was closed and not open for investigating. When I disputed this they said I need to start over and resend all required documents as they did mention to make sure I attached the police report as they didn't get a copy of it the first time. I asked what the next steps would be since they closed the case which I didn't even hear about. They stated I had to dispute the case and they will re-review the case, but mentioned to me to send the police report as they didn't get the first copy.

The disputed case I was told I didn't meet their criteria for fraud. I asked her who made that decision however she couldn't give out that information. I sent upper management and email asking them to send me all the paperwork that showed the entire steps that the fraud department took to investigate the fraud that had been done on my account along with any contact they made to the store, making calls to review the ATM video cameras, calls to the detective etc. The investigation report I received from upper management was SIMPLY my copies back along with their checklist saying I didn't have a police report EVEN tho I got the "lost" police report back with the investigation paperwork. I made it very clear about the footwork I needed to prove to me why my case was denied.

Again this was sent to upper management. So no matter how high you go in the company they seem to have the same mentality or the same attitude about not taking care of their responsibilities. So I DON'T believe Direct Express needs to be able to manage the elderly and disabled peoples monies as every penny to us is crucial. I also believe they need to be investigated and return all our fraudulent monies back to the customers and get reported to the BBB or lawsuit. Never get a Direct Express Card. It's not worth the time or energy to stay sane.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

2/6/19 I went to a Comerica ATM to withdraw $180 out of my account. It took the money off my card but never gave me my money. My ATM receipt says to be verified, but I never received my money. When I went into the bank they said that they couldn't help me because it's not an Comerica bank card and for me to contact Direct Express. I've been calling Direct Express ever since 2/6/19 and all their recording keep saying is due to heavy call volume I have to call back. So what can I do next?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Direct Express is a scam on the public which is stealing from its own cardholders as corporate policy and the clueless victims and policy think that anonymous identity thieves are responsible. I have years of experience in complex civil litigation focusing on fraud as well criminal defense. Direct Express stole from the wrong person. I will expose their scam. I am the first person to recognize the scam and explain it.

My Direct Express card was deactivated and a new one sent to a thief who wasn't asked for my pin number, challenge question answers or identifying documentation of any kind. They gave my name, SS number and debit card number over a 5 minute phone call to Direct Express. There was zero security. I have to enter pin numbers and other forms of i.d. just to check my balance. Direct Express intentionally designed their system to make it easy for identity thieves to steal your account and they make it impossible for the legitimate cardholder to communicate with Direct Express and get their card back.

I learned on Feb 1, 2019 from Direct Express that they blocked my card and sent one to a thief who gave no pin number or any form of i.d. documentation. Supervisor told me during the fraud complaint call I made that day that the thief's fake card would be deactivated and not to worry, my benefits were still pending and not yet posted due to the government shut down and they were immediately cancelling the fraudulent card which was useless because Direct Express was informed of fraud before my deposit hit my account. However, the supervisor who admitted the money hadn't yet posted lied because the fake card was never blocked and when my money came in later it was deposited in the fraudulent account that they knew was fake.

I have been locked out of my account and been isolated from communication and refused my card ever since because the dozen faxes of my 2 forms of i.d. are getting trash canned by Direct Express which lies by denying receipt of any of them despite a dozen fax confirmation receipts. The scam begins with criminally weak security which facilitates easy card theft. The victim calls in on a scam phone line which tells you 499 times out of every 500 attempts that there is heavy call volume and hangs up. It is nearly impossible to get to the pointless step of reaching an agent who really isn't a customer service rep and you have to just keep hitting 4 and 1 dozens of times to luck your way in to getting out of the circular maze which won't let you in because your blocked card's number is no longer valid for access and your pin becomes locked after the several times you try to enter your blocked card number.

When you get through the intentionally designed gauntlet and reach an agent on your 500th try (literally) he will tell you he's level one, knows nothing and will transfer you to level two who also can't help and they transfer you to a nonexistent department and the call drops every time. The furthest you will get is to be told that new, extra security that the thieves aren't burdened with is being implemented on your account due to the breach that Direct Express intentionally made so easy. You will be told to fax your address and copies two forms of i.d., even though you've fully verified yourself with pin numbers challenge question answers, none of which the thieves have to provide.

They know you are legitimate and they freely discuss confidential account info with yet they provide a weak excuse for denying you your card until you wait 48 hours for fax processing to call back in to the fake phone line at the fake customer service call center and be told the lie that your fax wasn't received after waiting the 48 hours. If you send the same fax 1,000 times and have confirmation sheets they will still deny receiving your fax. They will never, ever admit receiving your fax and you will be forever locked out of your account and perpetually denied a new card.

Customer service is a fake department filled with criminal conspirators, who are not really agents, they are merely a defensive front to run interference and keep you from ever getting back your card. There is no level 1 or level 2, that's just a treadmill for hamsters to run in till they ultimately give up. Depositors have federal liability protection which Direct Express ignores because they aren't a private bank as you will be told by any government agency you go to for help including the police who say Direct Express refuses to cooperate with them which prevents any investigation; Comerica bank which runs the scam are not some untouchable private entity which has found a way to evade federal law by hiding in the clouds of cyberspace, they are part of the U.S. Treasury and protected by them. This is why even police and even the FBI claim their hands are tied and there is no known recourse.

File a BBB complaint on Direct Express and the website will show Direct Express objecting to each claim on the grounds that they are part of the U.S. Treasury and not subject to the BBB. The entire Direct Express procedure is carefully designed at every step to facilitation easy, lightning fast fraud while making it impossible for their actual cardholder to ever get their card back. By the time you have repeatedly sent your faxes in which never get processed you will be told your account is empty, every time, even when your fraud complaint is made well in advance of your next deposit. This fact alone is proof that Direct Express is itself stealing social security funds from its customers, a fraud on the U.S. Treasury who just happen to control the not so private bank operating the scam.

By this time, you will be permanently blocked from your account and Direct Express will have control over your social security benefits until you can find another place to have your account deposited, which you better do before they steal your next check, for which they will never even be investigated for much less prosecuted. No government agency of any kind, including the courts and the FBI will help you. They will all scratch their heads about what to do and tell you, "You are on your own." Direct Express will never process your fraud claim but likely files one on your behalf behind your back and keeps the money, but that's the only thing I'm not 100% certain of here.

By itself alone, the Direct Express system and procedures prove the existence of their scam and their responsibility for it. Fake phone lines that hang up on you 99.8 percent of the time. Useless agents who keep you isolated from communication and locked out of your account with fake level ones and level twos and then hang up. A fake fax machine which sheds your fax so you never get approved to get get a new card when you finally get through on the 500th try where a useless level lies that your fax was never received and then transfers you to a nonexistent department and you are hung up on. Easy instant access to your account for Direct Express employees carrying out company policy masquerading as anonymous identity thieves.

New, unreasonable security requirements you will never be able to fulfill keeping you forever locked. Your money gone even after you report fraud on an account which doesn't yet have your money deposited. Direct Express is stealing social security funds from its customer/victims. Everyone associated with Direct Express belongs in prison.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had charges to my Amazon account that weren't mine. Amazon knew they were fraud because they told me. These charges didn't show up on my history. Amazon refused to refund me. Direct Express said I agreed to the transactions. I didn't know about them because I hadn't got my bank statement yet. So they said they wouldn't return the money. Topeka water department was hacked in October 2018. They didn't tell us until mid December. I cancelled that card right away. January 9 I got my bank statement. It showed the fraud charges. Amazon won't tell me who it was so I could press charges, the detective's problem won't look into it. The water department says they're not accountable and Direct Express never does anything. If there is anyone out there that got results from Direct Express please let me know. I've never gotten help even with proof. I think they use a standard letter.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

They don't care if you've been hacked. Even if they clearly see its charges outside of the U.S. I call to wait 45 minutes, to barely tell her my social security number and she hangs up on me. Still waiting an hour later. They don't care that we live off that money. They are almost impossible to get ahold of. I have never seen a bank so hard to get ahold of. Never ever again will I do business with these monsters. They have nonexistent customer care.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Today February 1, 2019 I went to call my card to see if my benefits were on my card. To my surprise, $803 dollars was stolen from my account at an atm in Florida and I stay in Cleveland Ohio. How could this ** happen when I have the card in my possession. I called Direct Express numerous times before they decided to answer. I had to go through every other option to get a live person and then they told me I had to wait 3 to 5 business days to get another card and that I had to file a claim for fraud and there is no guarantee I would get the money back. My car note is due tomorrow along with rent, light, gas, cable and household products I have to buy. This is ** and has never happened before. The money was withdrawn at 12:59 am... I can't believe this and I am angry...

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Prior to my existing account from days before I get my funds as benefits in my card. I called and it seems I have no pending deposits in my card. I usually get my pendings deposits within 4 to 3 days before I can know my new balance. Understand why that there is an error due to my benefits that the Social Security Administration saids nothing about me getting my benefits again, as of 1/31/2019. I still have no pendings. Guess I'll have to wait for the remaining day of the last day of the month to end.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Benefit payment not showing for Jan 2019. Called company, uncaring service representative with mundane, robotic voice told me to call VA. I called VA, system says benefit paid. After research found out that payment information not showing for most. Direct Express guy knew that and still blew me off to VA. Horrible customer service. Typical with these parasite companies associated with VA. Thanks for your service my **!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My Direct Express card usually shows it's pending 4 days prior to the deposit date. I called the social security office and they said I'm still getting paid however my Direct Express card and your customer service line says nothing is pending. What is going on!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Unauthorized charge was placed on my Direct Express social security disability debit card account on 1/11/2019. Called Direct Express immediately that day when I was notified by phone notification of a transaction in the sum of $907.05 at BJ's Wholesale Club in Central Valley, NY. They told me that they had to wait for it to process before I could file a complaint. It cleared on 1/12/2019 and I filed a formal dispute. I cancelled that card and received a new one for a fee of $13.50. I also received a dispute form which I promptly filled out and faxed back and sent return mail registered. As of today 1/24/2019, they said they did not receive my fax which I sent 48 hours ago. Getting the runaround. Need a provisional credit so that I can pay medical bills and prescriptions. Can you help with this matter?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Had my money stolen this month, filed a claim. Been waiting weeks, still nothing. I'm on disability and needed that money to get by. Now I'm near homeless and my payee doesn't give a damn about fixing anything. Thanks a lot Direct Express. I hope to you all go to prison for the fraud you are creating and doing nothing about.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I have had my account hacked twice. The first time in September 2018 from which I filed a dispute but was told I was to blame and didn't get any of my money back. By the way my card was in my car that was stolen from me. Now it was hacked again on January 3 2019 within minutes of my money being added to my card. I caught it real quick, made the calls to Direct Express, at that time the transaction was pending which meant they could of stopped it. But no they didn't. So I decided to do my own investigation after Direct Express would just give me bits and pieces of info at a time. I discovered who did it of course it was a false company with a Google number. I faxed the info in and still waiting on a answer. In the meantime my storage unit goes to action on the 25th at 10 am because they want to take their sweet ** time giving back the money. They need to be held responsible. Shut them down.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I noticed that all my funds had been taken fraudulently on 1/4/19. I called Direct Express immediately and was told they had heard of this exact company doing this to others but that I had to wait until the charge cleared the next day before they could do anything. The charge cleared on 1/5/19 and I called them again to file the complaint and notified them that I had done a police report as well. Told I had 10 days from 1/5/19 to complete paperwork they were snail mailing to me. I received the paperwork, completed it, faxed and mailed it with tracking. They received both the fax and the mailed documents, still have not refunded my money from a company they stated they KNOW is fraudulent.

I have called on 1/17, 1/18, and 1/19/19 and each time a rep answers the phone, immediately tells me their system is updating and hangs up! Three days updating? They got the paperwork 3 days apart via fax and mail and still haven't refunded my money? This company is horrible! They do nothing to refund fraudulent charges, three days (and probably more to come) claiming an update, you can accomplish nothing via their website, and their customer service does nothing to help! The Treasury Department needs to find a better, more reputable company to issue their benefit payments. Those of us living on Social Security cannot afford to have our money stolen and a company that does nothing to resolve it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

No customer service, terrible website. I have submitted 6 requests to change password. They keep telling me the email was sent, it was not. I have no access to any account services. They NEVER answer the phone other than the rabbit hole chase to a dead end. They handle monies being disbursed by the federal government with virtually no accountability. The bank itself, Comerica is totally inaccessible.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Credit reversal issues. Money authorize. Company verified that they return my funds to cards days ago. Still not credit to my acct by Direct Express. I have reached out to customer service number on the back of the card to dispute multiple times. Get message stating high call volume. Call back later then line releases. Hangs up. Not efficient customer service. I came across a post link that could possibly be of consumer benefit to others experiencing same issue.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Jan 2 2019 I checked my debit card balance on my direct express debit card I went from $211.04 to nothing. I had not been anywhere and I wasn't around anyone. And nobody's ever had my card or pin. I'm a very private person. I'm disabled and my money was stolen. When I told Direct Express they put the blame on me. I also reported fraudulent charges 2 to SSI and the local police here. I informed all major credit companies of the bogus charges. Direct express said they'd open a dispute claim by Jan 4. I found out they lied. No dispute claim was opened. I then requested to open a dispute claim again. They gave me a number to the dispute claim and I added that to my police report. Direct Express said I'd get paperwork in the mail about my dispute. I still have nothing from them. Someone from Direct Express number called Dec 31.2018. I missed the call. Never called back.

By Jan 2, 2019 the money was stolen from my account. Direct Express is trying to cover up the matter and blame the disabled victims. Gov.com warns about the scams with Direct Express but not everyone has online access. I didn't see the warning until Direct Express did this. The card is through SSI. Why didn't SSI discontinue the card services if they knew this? I live in Wisconsin. I traced the charges and store numbers to those charges to New York. Funny again I live in Wisconsin. I do not know anyone in NY. I have not visited there in yrs not since 2012. I moved from New York to Wisconsin. In fact I did not have Direct Express until I moved to Wisconsin. 6 yrs no problems with them until now. I'm broke and Direct Express said I probably won't get a penny back even with a dispute claim and investigation.

Also I tried calling back to dispute 2nd charge. I was told, "You cannot dispute pending charges." One was still pending. 3 days of back to back calling Direct Express. All I got was a msg saying, "DUE TO HIGH CALL VOLUMES CALL BACK LATER." The line disconnects. By Jan 5/6th I finally reach someone at Direct Express only to find out no dispute was ever opened as customer service said Jan 2 2019 to me. Charges weren't pending. In fact Direct Express pushed through the charges and tried to make it look as if it's the victim's fault. Just because we're disabled doesn't mean we're stupid or dumb. Stealing is wrong either way but stealing from disabled you're even more of a low life than it looks on direct expresses end.

When I informed SSI I told them I seen the warning after the scam with Direct Express tears and all I explained my situation card was canceled. Jan 2, 2019 I got my new card. They charged me $13 to replace my debit card. After all this scam/fraud crap I know it's them. A lot of people are upset at Direct Express and they should be. I know I am. We count every penny because we have to live too. So sad because if it's been known somebody should have discontinued that card service back when complaints first started happening too much. But SSI continues to allow it. A warn against the company direct express not all of us would have became victims had the services had been discontinued now.

I froze my credit and red flagged my name and SS# with all major credit companies. Due to government shut down go online if you can and red flag your info etc I'd say just in case because Direct Express has your SS#/dob/name/address etc. Remember they need your info for your debit card account. So I switched my direct deposit to a different account by Jan 3, 2019. Direct Express asked me a really odd question Jan 6th, 2018 when I requested to open a dispute claim after finding out it wasn't open the night Jan 2, 2019. Direct Express asked if I had any other accounts or bank accounts? They've never asked me that ever. It was like they knew I switched my direct deposit or requested to switch with SSI. I said NO on purpose. I do not trust Direct Express and I believe it's them scamming all of us so I did not say yes. I did not give any info on bank or account name. None of my reports mentioned new bank info.

My guess is they see SSI's request to switch. New bank is well aware of the situation. Nobody can call in to change my bank info or get my bank info. Switch your benefits from Direct Express asap so they don't keep scamming you. I hope they get caught because SSI said it's easy to hit us. We're disabled. The debit card was through SSI. When I told Direct Express, "I want my money back. This is wrong. Your company allowed this and you're responsible as the card company to look into all fraudulent charges/matters" they get quiet. I mentioned the police/SSI knows everything. Same response. They get quiet. I said. "I'll get a lawyer and take the company to court." Same response. The rep got quiet. They know they been doing this/allowing this but if a victim shows fear and puts no stop to Direct Express they'll keep doing these bogus scams!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Someone charged my card for hundreds on Amazon using another account. I reported this to all authorities. However I couldn't pay my rent. I asked them about provisional credit. Just knowing they would figure out I didn't steal my own money. Not knowing that I would have to pay them back. Now starting February 2019 I'm going to get ripped off again by Direct Express. I never authorized any charges through Amazon. The FTC should check both of these crooked companies.

Same thing happened last year same time. It was $14 taken without my knowledge. Direct Express didn't even want to give me credit for that. They literally brushed me off. Took forever to receive the paperwork. The Reps are just programmed to read a script only. They can't feel your distress or hear it either. This is too easy-peasy to rip off disable people on disability. Direct Express don't even care. I have no protection with this card. I will be discontinuing my service with Direct Express.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was told that someone was trying to fraudulently change my address on my account. They had flagged my account. I was told to contact the Soc. Sec. office which I did many times. 2 weeks later I'm still waiting to get my Soc. Sec. funds. I've done everything that was asked of me and still nothing. The Social Security Office doesn't know what U.S. Direct Express requires and are as incompetent as U.S. Express. I've had to make a loan just to keep my phone on and pay my car insurance. I've been fined a late payment for my car insurance. My phone company added extra minutes on my phone 4 different times so I'd have a way to contact them and the minutes were used up being put on hold and being hung up on.

I've talked to rude people at Direct Express and the Social Security Office that obviously didn't know what they were doing. They tell me it's Fraud Prevention. The only fraud that's going on right now is with our government. If they keep our funds in their account they gain interest... People we need to pass laws that will get rid of the dead weight in Congress...can them all and start over with someone that works for the people. Make it mandatory term limits.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I learned on 1/6/2019 that my info had been compromised and fraudulent charges were made on my card. I contacted customer service, was transferred to another department, and was on hold for an hour. I hung up and tried to call back. There was no option to speak to anyone. I barely subsist as it is and now am completely broke. Something needs to be done.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Used ATM 12/19/2018. Machine won't issued money. Found out 15 min later ATM had deducted $400.00. Called Direct Express right away to stop it. They said they couldn't. They said I had to file paperwork to look into it. Never received paperwork til 12/28/2018. After waiting a week, every time I call I get message saying they're busy and hangs up. Trying many times. Then went online to my account, it says not active. Here it is 1/06/2019. I'm going to tell everyone I know how bad they are.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I had spent 6 hours in the Social Security office and so security has release my funds but evidently Direct Express doesn't know how to. They try to hold your money until last minute like they don't have money. Then whenever you try to talk to a supervisor it takes 20 minutes to even speak to one of those. If I was somebody that didn't need a company to direct deposit my Social Security into I wouldn't go through them.

Direct Express Company Information