1.08/5

242 Direct Express Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

No customer service, terrible website. I have submitted 6 requests to change password. They keep telling me the email was sent, it was not. I have no access to any account services. They NEVER answer the phone other than the rabbit hole chase to a dead end. They handle monies being disbursed by the federal government with virtually no accountability. The bank itself, Comerica is totally inaccessible.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Credit reversal issues. Money authorize. Company verified that they return my funds to cards days ago. Still not credit to my acct by Direct Express. I have reached out to customer service number on the back of the card to dispute multiple times. Get message stating high call volume. Call back later then line releases. Hangs up. Not efficient customer service. I came across a post link that could possibly be of consumer benefit to others experiencing same issue.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Jan 2 2019 I checked my debit card balance on my direct express debit card I went from $211.04 to nothing. I had not been anywhere and I wasn't around anyone. And nobody's ever had my card or pin. I'm a very private person. I'm disabled and my money was stolen. When I told Direct Express they put the blame on me. I also reported fraudulent charges 2 to SSI and the local police here. I informed all major credit companies of the bogus charges. Direct express said they'd open a dispute claim by Jan 4. I found out they lied. No dispute claim was opened. I then requested to open a dispute claim again. They gave me a number to the dispute claim and I added that to my police report. Direct Express said I'd get paperwork in the mail about my dispute. I still have nothing from them. Someone from Direct Express number called Dec 31.2018. I missed the call. Never called back.

By Jan 2, 2019 the money was stolen from my account. Direct Express is trying to cover up the matter and blame the disabled victims. Gov.com warns about the scams with Direct Express but not everyone has online access. I didn't see the warning until Direct Express did this. The card is through SSI. Why didn't SSI discontinue the card services if they knew this? I live in Wisconsin. I traced the charges and store numbers to those charges to New York. Funny again I live in Wisconsin. I do not know anyone in NY. I have not visited there in yrs not since 2012. I moved from New York to Wisconsin. In fact I did not have Direct Express until I moved to Wisconsin. 6 yrs no problems with them until now. I'm broke and Direct Express said I probably won't get a penny back even with a dispute claim and investigation.

Also I tried calling back to dispute 2nd charge. I was told, "You cannot dispute pending charges." One was still pending. 3 days of back to back calling Direct Express. All I got was a msg saying, "DUE TO HIGH CALL VOLUMES CALL BACK LATER." The line disconnects. By Jan 5/6th I finally reach someone at Direct Express only to find out no dispute was ever opened as customer service said Jan 2 2019 to me. Charges weren't pending. In fact Direct Express pushed through the charges and tried to make it look as if it's the victim's fault. Just because we're disabled doesn't mean we're stupid or dumb. Stealing is wrong either way but stealing from disabled you're even more of a low life than it looks on direct expresses end.

When I informed SSI I told them I seen the warning after the scam with Direct Express tears and all I explained my situation card was canceled. Jan 2, 2019 I got my new card. They charged me $13 to replace my debit card. After all this scam/fraud crap I know it's them. A lot of people are upset at Direct Express and they should be. I know I am. We count every penny because we have to live too. So sad because if it's been known somebody should have discontinued that card service back when complaints first started happening too much. But SSI continues to allow it. A warn against the company direct express not all of us would have became victims had the services had been discontinued now.

I froze my credit and red flagged my name and SS# with all major credit companies. Due to government shut down go online if you can and red flag your info etc I'd say just in case because Direct Express has your SS#/dob/name/address etc. Remember they need your info for your debit card account. So I switched my direct deposit to a different account by Jan 3, 2019. Direct Express asked me a really odd question Jan 6th, 2018 when I requested to open a dispute claim after finding out it wasn't open the night Jan 2, 2019. Direct Express asked if I had any other accounts or bank accounts? They've never asked me that ever. It was like they knew I switched my direct deposit or requested to switch with SSI. I said NO on purpose. I do not trust Direct Express and I believe it's them scamming all of us so I did not say yes. I did not give any info on bank or account name. None of my reports mentioned new bank info.

My guess is they see SSI's request to switch. New bank is well aware of the situation. Nobody can call in to change my bank info or get my bank info. Switch your benefits from Direct Express asap so they don't keep scamming you. I hope they get caught because SSI said it's easy to hit us. We're disabled. The debit card was through SSI. When I told Direct Express, "I want my money back. This is wrong. Your company allowed this and you're responsible as the card company to look into all fraudulent charges/matters" they get quiet. I mentioned the police/SSI knows everything. Same response. They get quiet. I said. "I'll get a lawyer and take the company to court." Same response. The rep got quiet. They know they been doing this/allowing this but if a victim shows fear and puts no stop to Direct Express they'll keep doing these bogus scams!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Someone charged my card for hundreds on Amazon using another account. I reported this to all authorities. However I couldn't pay my rent. I asked them about provisional credit. Just knowing they would figure out I didn't steal my own money. Not knowing that I would have to pay them back. Now starting February 2019 I'm going to get ripped off again by Direct Express. I never authorized any charges through Amazon. The FTC should check both of these crooked companies.

Same thing happened last year same time. It was $14 taken without my knowledge. Direct Express didn't even want to give me credit for that. They literally brushed me off. Took forever to receive the paperwork. The Reps are just programmed to read a script only. They can't feel your distress or hear it either. This is too easy-peasy to rip off disable people on disability. Direct Express don't even care. I have no protection with this card. I will be discontinuing my service with Direct Express.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was told that someone was trying to fraudulently change my address on my account. They had flagged my account. I was told to contact the Soc. Sec. office which I did many times. 2 weeks later I'm still waiting to get my Soc. Sec. funds. I've done everything that was asked of me and still nothing. The Social Security Office doesn't know what U.S. Direct Express requires and are as incompetent as U.S. Express. I've had to make a loan just to keep my phone on and pay my car insurance. I've been fined a late payment for my car insurance. My phone company added extra minutes on my phone 4 different times so I'd have a way to contact them and the minutes were used up being put on hold and being hung up on.

I've talked to rude people at Direct Express and the Social Security Office that obviously didn't know what they were doing. They tell me it's Fraud Prevention. The only fraud that's going on right now is with our government. If they keep our funds in their account they gain interest... People we need to pass laws that will get rid of the dead weight in Congress...can them all and start over with someone that works for the people. Make it mandatory term limits.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Express?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I learned on 1/6/2019 that my info had been compromised and fraudulent charges were made on my card. I contacted customer service, was transferred to another department, and was on hold for an hour. I hung up and tried to call back. There was no option to speak to anyone. I barely subsist as it is and now am completely broke. Something needs to be done.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Used ATM 12/19/2018. Machine won't issued money. Found out 15 min later ATM had deducted $400.00. Called Direct Express right away to stop it. They said they couldn't. They said I had to file paperwork to look into it. Never received paperwork til 12/28/2018. After waiting a week, every time I call I get message saying they're busy and hangs up. Trying many times. Then went online to my account, it says not active. Here it is 1/06/2019. I'm going to tell everyone I know how bad they are.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I had spent 6 hours in the Social Security office and so security has release my funds but evidently Direct Express doesn't know how to. They try to hold your money until last minute like they don't have money. Then whenever you try to talk to a supervisor it takes 20 minutes to even speak to one of those. If I was somebody that didn't need a company to direct deposit my Social Security into I wouldn't go through them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

On 12/7/18 someone used my card number to make 2 purchases, I called Direct Express within 5 minutes of seeing the charges on the 8th. They took down all the information, cancelled my card and sent another card and a fraud form to fill out and return which I did on the 13th. On the 18th I called and Direct Express said they have not received my written complaint yet and nothing could be done as far as giving me a provisional credit until then, I told them my entire income is SSI and I have nothing at all left to survive on starting on December 10th.

On 12/21 I called again they said the same thing, no statement received yet. I called again on 12/24/18 and they told me once again that they have not received my statement and the lady after listening to my story said she could escalate my case to someone higher up, on 12/26/18 I called again and was told they have not received my statement yet still and they said you might want to send another one by fax, I told them I have no fax machine and I have no money at all to go somewhere and pay for it to be sent.

On 12/28/18 I called again and the lady said we received your letter on the 26th but that’s 2 days past the deadline to receive a provisional credit and you will have to wait for the investigation to be completed to receive your money back. I said, "Your own form states if we receive your letter within 10 business days of the initial call and the investigation is not complete a provisional credit will be issued to your card account, and I cannot control the mail and it has now been 20 days with me calling every 2 days and you're actually going to say I have to wait for the investigation to be finished." She said, "We cannot control the mail either." Then she says, "Can I help you with anything else?" I said, "Yes you people can do what you’re suppose to do and place the credit on my card not use slow mail as an excuse not to apply the credit."

Then I received a call from a Representative at 12.09 pm stating he received my expatriated request, I said today? He said yes, I said that was 4 days ago. I told him the entire story and he said he could get this information to the investigator on Monday, I asked him if you worked in the same building? He said yes, I said you have got to be kidding me are you telling me you cannot walk less than 100 yards to give this to him! Then I told him, "Place yourself in my position. You have had no money since the 10th until now the 28th and you're telling me I will have to wait to Monday for you to walk down the hall and give this information to the investigator who will then in turn take god knows how long before he will credit my account, is that what your telling me?" He said, "I will see what I can do today and he gave me his number." It is of writing this review about 9:30 pm and my account still shows zero balance. So much for seeing what he could do.

I also made out a complaint with the BBB 2 days ago about everything written here with the exception of today's calls to Direct Express. When someone calls customer service as I have done and they take notations every time you call and then they receive your letter on the 26th which on the call that day. They said they had not received the letter then do nothing as far as crediting your account either on the 26th, 27th, and then on the 28th. Tell you your letter arrived 2 days past the time frame to receive your credit, you have to wonder what kind of personal and company is the federal government allowing to work with people on extremely limited income. This is sad plain sad.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I received fraudulent charges on my Direct Express card on 12-14-18 from a foreign company called Live Mei Taipei. I contacted Direct Express immediately. The representative told me they are aware of this company because several others have had fraudulent charges as well. She told me that once the charges cleared they would give me my money back. Well that was a lie. I called back and spoke with another rude rep who told me that I needed to file a dispute and it could take 90 days. This company is well aware that their systems have obviously been hacked by this foreign company and they refuse to do anything about the many cars users who have had their money taken. This is very unfair and the Social Security Administration definitely needs to discontinue using this company. After my January payment I will be switching my payments to a real bank. This is ridiculous!!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

On December 11th, I noticed two pending charges on my card from MeMe Live Taipei. There were four separate transactions, The first two at 6:15 AM for $167 total. The second at 10:30 AM for $167 total. I quickly contacted customer service and was told I would need to wait until the transactions cleared to file a complaint. At 11 AM I canceled my card and a new one was issued. At 10:01 PM two more charges appeared once more. More than 10 hours after the card had been canceled. I contacted customer service once again, I now filed my complaint for the previous Unauthorized charges. Customer service and find me the new charges, were simply charges from the previous charges although those charges now took place at a separate time. They took my information, send out my paperwork to file my complaints and Informed me it may be 45 to 90 days until I receive any resolution.

Now, US Direct Express is not held to the same standards by the Better Business Bureau nor Consumer Affairs because they are considered and by all accounts are a government agency. Comerica Bank Has dealt with security issues both externally and internally when it comes to US direct express prepaid debit cards. Please, if you receive government benefits, direct deposit, payroll deposit or wire transfer to your US direct express card, please use this as an access point and either remove the money from your card immediately or transfer this money into a checking account.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

The several times I've been in the unfortunate position of having to actually call them to iron something out have been some of the worst customer service calls I've ever had. This last time I called because I had to replace my broken Direct Express card (issued from a 'ComencA Bank'). She said "O.k., we'll issue a new card for you. That means that we have to put a hold on your current card. You won't be able to use it. You have to wait until the new card comes and you activate the new card". I said, "Fine." She then said "Would you like express delivery - at $13.00? Or regular mail will take 10 business days". I told her, "I'm in no hurry, so regular delivery is fine".

She almost sounded like she was floored. "Really?? It takes TEN BUSINESS DAYS to get it 'Regular mail'" I said, "That's still fine." She asked again: "Are you SURE? You won't be able to use the card you have. You have to wait till the new card comes." I again told her that was fine. She then said "O.k." - in that tone like "O.k. - it's YOUR funeral." Well, she was right! It's now been TWELVE business days - and no card yet! This conversation took place on December 4th, and it's December 19th now. No card.

SSI needs to REVIEW this company that they depend upon to execute their money transfer/handling!! This company is just the WORST. Every time I've called, the representatives sound like they really would rather be doing something else. They have an air of "we hold all the power - so you better do exactly as we say." They just reek of 'abuse of power' when you talk to them. I wouldn't put it past the young lady taking her sweet time putting this card replacement request in (if she did it at all... Judging from some of the other reviews here, I'll probably have to call again, wait the excruciatingly long amount of time on hold, only to discover that the new card hasn't been sent yet 'for some reason'...! I hope and pray that's not the case. Bitter in NYC.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Today I check my account. It was depleted. Some how charges were made from my account to MeMe Live in Taiwan. This happened on the 15th and 16th of December 2018. The charges are still pending and I was told when I called on the 16th that I would have to wait five days before I could make a complaint. I called them ASAP. Why not stop those payment from going through. I called back to change the card and It would be ten days before the new card comes unless I pay them 13 dollars which my account is depleted and no fund to pay that fee, and it would be here in two days. So now I am checking my account and can't sleep. This is not a secure account as I was led to believe.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I really would not recommend using this company to anyone. I had a very horrible and unprofessional experience with them. I stopped into their office in early November looking to get information on buying a home. It would be my first time buying. I also mentioned that the house I am currently renting for over 4 years has been sold due to condos being built in my neighborhood. So, I was hoping to get the process started as soon as possible. I dealt with Mary **. I thought she was very nice and informative at first. She went through explaining the process with me and advised the first step was to work on my credit. I agreed. She said she would check with her broker to see exactly what I needed to pay off on my credit that would help boost my score the most. After a few days of not hearing from her I contacted her to check in. She advised she still had not spoke to her broker regarding my credit.

It was about the middle of November at this point, and time was ticking. So, I noticed the company also had some rentals available. So, I again messaged Mary and advised her that I would like to at least rent a unit from them in the meantime since they already pulled my credit, had copies of my paystubs and were working with me on purchasing a house. Mary simply sent me a picture of what they had available after I already told her I saw what they had on their website and I knew which one I wanted. So, I repeated myself and advised her of the rental I was interested in. I asked to apply for it. She never replied.

After some more time and beginning to feel frustrated at the lack of communication I reached out to her one more time explaining my displeasure that she never once got back to me about my credit, so I could work on it to start the purchasing process for a house. I also mentioned that my deadline to move was approaching because it is now December and I have until Jan 31st to vacate the house I am in, so they can begin the demolish for the condos. She decided to tell me that me being “kicked out of my house” was not her problem, and there are other companies I can contact and that I am attacking her. How is giving someone feedback on how you feel about their lack of customer service and communication an “attack”? She then proceeded to tell me she was blocking me. Very immature and unprofessional. She never did get with her broker on my credit report, so I never even got to work on buying my first home.

It's now the middle of December and my 3-year-old daughter and I are still looking for a rental because I assumed since Direct Express had all my information already that I could easily get into one of their rentals. But of course, this is not Mary’s fault at all. She could have simply reached out to me at any time and said she was busy, or she couldn’t help me, instead of straight up ignoring me until I told her how I felt. She wasted my time, put a hard inquiry on my credit, and then yelled at me and blocked me...so BEWARE of this company. They will not help you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Direct Express card is withholding my money. I sent everything they ask me to send via fax. I talk to them. I ask if I could mail. They told me no. I sent so many faxes - still told me they haven't received it yet.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This company issue a debit card to someone in GA with my husband information. His social security money was taken. It's very difficult to get them on the phone and when you do they're not helpful until push them to direct you to the correct department to put in a dispute. This company needs to be investigated.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have guardianship of my nephews and have now for three years. Never a problem with their survivor benefits until we decided to switch from paper checks to Direct Express. We switched to Direct Express a few weeks before we moved (keep in mind they knew this info). It is a week after their benefits was due. Direct Express sent a card that has no benefits. SSI office says that Direct Express is the ones we need to talk to, but when you do actually get a real person on the line at Direct Express they are no help either. A foreign lady I could hardly understand said we need to verify identities. WTF. You never put us through this in the beginning. The government does care to put two kids on you, but when you need the money to feed them that is theirs anyways. No one knows a damn thing!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I have been trying to transfer funds from the Direct Express account to a checking account. The money disappears from Direct Express but never arrives in my checking account. I finally called them today, chose the menu item to report a lost or stolen card since they never answer the others, and was finally told that Direct Express has discontinued the transfer function and I have to go to an ATM or Walmart money services to take money from this account. I have now changed my direct deposit at Social Security to direct it to my checking account and I plan to close this account once it becomes effective. This is the worst website and customer service I have experienced in the last few years.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

This is new website for me since I am handling this for my son, and all I can say is that their Customer Service, Website is horrible. Call customer service you will get someone that cannot help you. Try to log into your account, and enter all the info and it kicks you out. Call them, they are experiencing high volumes of calls, cannot imagine why! Then it disconnects you. I called the last week in November 2018, a ticket was put into where I should receive a call in 5 days, no call on the 5th day.

Every review I have read has been bad, the website is not user friendly and the customer service is the worst. I can completely understand the frustration people have. I am a firm believer that there is always someone to give a bad review, but these are legitimate complaints. I have tried for 2 days to get logged on and there is no way it will let me. I have tried to call for 3 days and cannot get answers. So yes, I am frustrated as well as all the others. I think someone needs to find out what is going on and fix the issues that all of the consumers are experiencing. Life is hard enough but when you're dealing with people's income it is scary to know you cannot get the information or the problem fixed.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had money taken from my card account today and when I called to dispute it they tell me they can't do anything until it clears. That can take up to 5 days and then I have to call back and dispute it. Why can they not just stop the transaction like a real bank can do and give me my money back. To make it worse it's being taken by some foreign company and there is no way to call them or anything. So I'm also being charged a foreign transaction fee. I am transferring my money that is deposited on there to a different account that actually does what it is suppose to and doesn't screw you over.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

On 12/3/18 my social security was deposited, 20 minutes later I checked my balance so I could pay my phone bill but someone had taken out all my money. So I try to call but you need to put in card numbers or SS number and a pin but mine didn't work. I called the number on the card and cust. service could not get thru. After searching online found a number that worked (finally). After talking to them it seems that a week before they let someone order a new card, change my address and PIN number without answering any security questions or contacting me plus my money was taken out in Georgia by three ATM transactions minutes apart and I live in Ohio. So not one thing about this gave them a damn clue. They said we are going to send you a new card but there no money on it! That's the answer I got, I was not too happy.

Being a disabled Vet. and on Medical disability I get to wait up to 90 days to see if I get my money back. So I'm looking at being homeless and maybe dropping dead without my medications. Direct Express knows this is going on. There are many complaints, We have no choice and they know it so the company just doesn't care! I'm not writing this because I want to complain just to tell everyone BEWARE this may happen to YOU. I will try to follow up to let you know how Direct Express resolves this. Not very hopeful though.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

They let Google take 227.43 out of my account over a period of time. Will not give it back. Filled out all the paperwork they asked me to fill out. Have faxed it, mailed it. They keep telling they have not received. It wasn't complete. Then they closed it because they have not got the paperwork. I go to the police department, fill out fraud papers. Maybe that will help. Nothing has worked. This has been since March 16 2018. They will hang up on you make like they are transferring you. They are super terrible. Social Security needs to look into this.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Beware of Direct Express. Use at risk of losing your SSI deposit. Called customer service and no answer, and email address or fraud alert system. You cannot contact these people so only reasonable explanation is that they are working with scammers to defraud you. Had several withdrawals on my card not made by me. Cannot contact these people and fraud recovery system is non existent!!! DO NOT use this card to receive your SSI!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Somebody was able to call in and change my info and then was able to withdraw 1000 dollars, this was at an ATM in Florida and I live in Calif, trying to get Direct Express on phone and get runaround and hung up on and have to call back 3 times. 3 hours later I was able to give my dispute, what a joke. And now I have to wait 3 month for them to fix it. Unacceptable... Stay away from theses crooks.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My disabled mother has had someone call the card company and pretend it's her and they send a new card to this person every time. We have went to Social Security to put a block on the card yet Direct Express will not do so. They keep saying they will not allow the address to be changed yet. For the past 3 months in a row someone has stolen her information and received a card. My mother has to pay the fee to receive a new card. They assure her that she will be reimbursed the fee but she never has seen the money. We are going tomorrow to open a bank account to get away from this terrible company. If you start receiving Social Security please please please do not use Direct Express!!! Open a bank account locally where they will actually monitor your account for fraud. These people are crooks!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My account was compromised and someone shipped a card to another state which I've never resided or even set foot in and drained my account. They called Direct Express and changed my address and phone number and got a card in my name and stole 1700 dollars. Took an hour and fifteen minutes to get in touch with a person. I finally figured out I could press 3 to get transferred to a human being.

My social security number card number and pin weren't working for the 800 number. They should have a direct line for fraud or at least have an option instead of me having to search Google for an answer. I don't understand how someone could call them and change all of my info like that on a holiday weekend without any trouble and no one contacted me. No call. No email. No verification whatsoever. Change of address should not be that easy. Unprofessional. Barely did any confirmation on the phone to identify that it was really me. I will be getting a bank account elsewhere.

Then I get charged for a new card because you only get one free but the thief got that one and charged to get a new card shipped too. They mess up and I have to pay for it. Super rude and unhelpful staff. I cannot believe they're associated with the US Department of Treasury. Waiting and hoping for the fraud paperwork to come in the mail and filing a police report. I can't believe how easy it was for someone to steal everything from me.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

In October someone was using my card information to make online food delivery purchases via Postmates. This is a service I've never used at a restaurant I'd never heard of in a city that I don't live in. I thought lucky I caught it the day it happened and report it right away. I was told by a representative to call back in two days after the purchases go through and make my dispute. I did exactly that. Sent in all my information through a fax to get everything done as soon as possible.

When I checked on the dispute I found out it was closed. They blamed my husband. My husband who was home with me and my kid while my debit card was in my purse while these purchases were being. I called to reopen the dispute. Got a whole new SR number and everything. Then when I called to check on the reopened dispute I found out it was never opened. I also didn't receive the report about the dispute finding for them to come to such obviously false conclusion. Do not use this company. I hope this helps someone because I can only imagine if they would have taken more the bind I would be in.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The customer service is beyond terrible and I suspect not legal. I was a victim of theft as a person I know used my card without authorization. I filed a claim and when I didn't hear I filed a claim with CFPB. At this point all calls were rerouted to a recording once I entered my account info. CFPB stated they received a response from Susan ** and directed me to where I could view it. The response was 1 of 3 addressed to me and never sent. I did receive a letter dated almost 2 months prior that was 1 paragraph stating I needed to write a letter to know the reasons of my denial. The response to CFPB was 2 pages and stated I had not been cooperating as they had attempted several times to contact me.

The signer of this response, Susan ** noted her phone contact but neither of my voicemails were returned. I called Susan's number a few weeks later and she was away but left a number to call if I needed help. This person connected me to Brandon ** who was the one that denied my claim, left a voicemail on my phone but would never return my calls. I could go on for pages but the bottom line is I am being refused the transaction information to provide for the Sheriff and nobody will call me back. The person that used my card was responsible for almost 3 months of benefits that were slowly taken. I have offered to assist Direct Express in any way and informed them we know who it is and the Sheriff needed the information of my account in order to arrest him and they refuse to answer. I am very interested in joining other people in exposing Direct Express for their ways.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have a terminally ill husband who cannot verbalize. These people in customer service decided that a charge on his account was fraudulent. Even after I advised them that it wasn't they played games, sent me to an atm machine at 2:00 am because that's the time I was able to get someone on the phone. They said they would unfreeze card and let me pull funds for Nov. 2018. When I called them from atm they laughed and kept hanging up on me. I contacted Comerica Bank. They got me to advocate Calvin who not only keeps his phoneline busy but I still have not received my husband's money for this month. I cannot pay our rent or buy his necessities that he needs. I think this is unacceptable. My husband worked hard all his life and someone from another country has the power to dangle and play with our livelihood. This has got to stop. Thank You.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

For many years my son's SSI and now his SSA benefit would go to the United States government. Recommended US Direct Express site. On November the 1st the bank send me an email that stated they were happy to provide with my online username. On November the 2nd US Direct Express sent another email that alerted me that my son's funds were below $100. I was out of town but I immediately called to see if they could stop payment on the $500+ purchase to Best Buy among other outrageous purchases that were pending. When I go to the account's history the $500 purchase is no longer a part of the history. Plus there is no record of the money returning to the account. The customer service representative stated that she could not close the account and that once the purchases were no longer pending then the account would be closed and another card would be issued to me. She advised me to call daily.

On November the 4th I called again and there were still 2 outstanding pending payments but the customer service rep. closed the account. He stated that a new card would be issued via mail. Since the 4th I have called several times but whenever I put in my card information a recording comes on and states that my card is in the mail and then hangs up. Since they have sent out a replacement card I can no longer access the account. The website shows a picture that asks me for the first 4 digits of my new card. As of to date I have not received the new card. Even though I disputed the charges on the 2nd of November my information was NOT forwarded to the Dispute Resolution department. Make sure you report to your local police department, BBB, Identity Theft with the gov., Direct.Express@fiscal gov address, go direct, Post Master General and your congressperson.

Direct Express Company Information