Looking for a prepaid debit card?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.09/5

284 Direct Express Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2019

I have NEVER heard of a MasterCard logo card not honoring disputes. And that’s exactly what DirectExpress does. They don’t help you with fraudulent activities on your account. So my kids SSA is just gone.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Several fraudulent behaviours on my account. On hold 2 hours at a time only to be disconnected. When connected they do not help. Filled papers out to be told 6 months later due to MY behavior it wasn't fraudulent. If I did not make the charges and they occurred in another state IT's FRAUDULENT.

Original review: July 21, 2019

We was running a high risk credit processing service selling small ticket items, risky website, and other. Come to find out a lot of these people were using debit cards. It's a pain for the processor and cost us money so the software automatically puts a hold on X amount of dollars which could be any amount of money. I learned it takes all available funds. It's supposed to auto release the money but for some reason it can't send back money it's already taken. Sometimes we can get it released but at some later time it turns around and takes the money a later date. There's really no way to ID where the money came from that the software takes, nobody manually took it. It seems like it's always the DE debit cards that inadvertently get drained.

Original review: July 20, 2019

This company is stealing your money by taking 25 cent out a month for a paper statement that they never send you nor did you ever ask for when you had to sign up with them to get your social security money. This is a racket and the ** government should put a stop to it. Who were they to say what bank would be in charge of handling our money. This company is corrupt.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Have a Direct Express debit card, had it for approx. 1 and a half years. Have never got a dime out of it. Contacted the bank Comerica, contacted the VA, Texas Attorney General and Controller of Currency offices. All claim ignorance of this company. This bank controls money from the SS office and the VA Disability office as I see it. How can this happen in the United States???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Express?

Original review: July 8, 2019

I have discovered unauthorized payment on my account and can’t get through to them. I keep getting A recording saying they have high volume of calls to call back later, then it hangs up on me. I need to be able to get something done before my whole account is drained! Also every three months my Internet account locks up. This has been going on for a year now!

Original review: July 5, 2019

I went to the website and clicked "other transactions" and pulled funds transfer. Entered the required information, double checked it and had my wife check again. They took the $26,273.00 from my account and charged $1.50 fee. The funds are supposed to take 3 days. After calling several times for a week after the three days finally got through to a person. After two transfers got to a person qualified to help. I was informed that DE stopped this type of transaction. I inquired about my funds and was informed a dispute normally takes 90 days but they will try to expedite the process. I asked if they no longer perform the transaction why debit the money and charge a fee. I got no answer.

Original review: July 3, 2019

They put a hold on my card for a purchase which I cancelled before it was shipped and now they tell me it will take 5 days for the hold to be removed.... UNACCEPTABLE!!! How can Social Security deal with a fly by night operation like this.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I called into customer service. Was told by very rude Mexican man named Herman to call back later in a very thick accent. Could not understand anything I was asking! Got transferred to another rude Mexican man. Same thing. They hardly understand English & are very abusive to customers! My money was stolen and nothing has been done. How can you allow these Mexicans from another country who hardly speak or understand English to have our social security info? Disgusting and awful company.

Original review: June 24, 2019

In December I had 93.00 taken out from some company for diet pills that I never authorized. So I call these idiots and faxed them the information not once but 3 times. They said they never received the first 2. It's been over six months now and they still haven't done anything. I cancelled my card and paid for another and notified them them 2 days after the fraud. This company is completely worthless and should be investigated for their actions.

Direct Express Company Information