4.9/5 (399 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Total Defense

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

Total Defense Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I am Sr. Citizen & called & talked to Carlos. He was very kind & told me he would send email with link to download and make changes. I "think it worked". I didn't know that it was going to do something to the "old" laptop which already had Total Defense on it, but it is now fixing issues on that computer for T.D. so I hope I didn't do something wrong as just this morning it said I was fully protected. The download had me uninstall McAfee which came on the new computer. Thanks for caring for us old folks. Carlos said I could call him back if I had problem. The reason I didn't give 5 star is because everything is a little bit of a problem for me.

Total Defense response

Thank you for the review. We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Today I called because I had renewed my Total Defense online, but was still getting notices that I was unprotected. ** gave me clear directions on how to fix the issue, but she also went into my account. There, she saw that I had a subscription which had auto renewed, which I was unaware of. Along with the one I had renewed online, I was over covered. She looked at both. Asked me a few questions and quickly assessed my needs. She canceled the less appropriate one, assured me the other one was in effect, informed me I would receive a refund, and gave me simple instructions to follow so I could see it was activated (which worked by the way.) It was a delightful experience. Fast, efficient and friendly. She did a top notch job and this experience makes me want to stay with your company. Thank you **!

Total Defense response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your Total Defense subscription renewal and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I contacted Total defense after several months of not receiving my $75 rebate. Honestly at first when I called In. I felt the rep was giving me a hard time. Giving me the run around because I was giving him the name I strongly believed it was under and wasn't finding it. I kept giving him additional info but wasn't able to find it... so I was getting very frustrated because I was giving him Almost everything He was requesting but wasn't able to find it. After about an hour of trying to deal with him, he had his manager called me LORI and she went above and beyond... and she was able to locate my info as it was MY MISTAKE, it was under my nephew's brother's name which I Didn't know that. And I felt bad, but she went above and beyond. Thanks very much LORI for helping out and going the extra mile!!!!

Total Defense response

Thanks, your feedback regarding your recent experiences with Total Defense is appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Total Defense Software has the best support coverage I have had to deal with. And believe me I am 70 and have dealt with many customer service people. You could tell by the voice of the representative I was dealing with that her only concern at that moment was me and my issue. You can tell when someone doesn't want to help you in their voice. They were fast in dealing with my problem and resolved the issue immediately. You can reassure Total Defense software is as good as their support coverage. I have had total defense for years and have never had any hacks on my computers. I have four units in my house and they all have Total Defense. So protect your computers with Total Defense software and know your personal information and computers are protected. Know that is you have any problems.

Total Defense response

So glad to hear you had a great experience with our support and internet security software. On behalf of the entire Total Defense team, thank you!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I am new to Total Defense and was using a trial version. Today, after receiving a email notice the trial was ending soon, I went on to the website and purchased the Ultimate. After looking at the website further, I wanted to change my subscription to a better plan. After looking around "my account" I couldn't find any way to perform this function, so I sent an email to support. A few minutes later I had a response from Laurie **. She advised me she would reimburse the first order so I could purchase the new order. Again, a few minutes later I had confirmation she took care of things. I was completely impressed how efficient and quickly this all happened. I am hoping moving forward that my experience is always as good as it was today.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review, glad you've experienced excellent customer service from our highly skilled US-based support team.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

My name is Greg **. I tried Total Defense for the first time last year at this time. I called customer service to renew my service because I am satisfied with the security for my laptop. I had the pleasure of speaking to Lori **. Her service was outstanding and extremely helpful. She made it so easy and effortless to renew my service. I really enjoyed talking to Lori and appreciated her courtesy, respectful attitude, professionalism, and expertise. I would recommend Total Defense to anyone in need of it. Thank you.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the awesome review. Our customer care team is at your service to resolve any issue you may have.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Received almost instant refund when I had to cancel automatic renewal to avoid redundancy when new laptop came with two years of free protection. For which many thanks. Had no complaint with Total Defense on previous laptop, cell and tablet. May well be back at next renewal time.

Total Defense response

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

She was very pleasant and helpful! I called because I noticed my subscription expiration date was listed as 3/2022 but I already renewed my subscription with auto-renewal and the funds were withdrawn from my account. I was already pleased with her response when she confirmed my subscription was in fact renewed but she took the extra step to change the date on my online account and explained this happens sometimes with auto-renew payments.

Total Defense response

Thanks, happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled technical support team.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Thank you for your service and prompt attention to customer service and allowing me to quickly renew my membership to your service which allows me protection of my computer. Would highly recommend your service which allows service to many devices.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you renewing your subscription another year with Total Defense and look forward to fulfilling all your internet security needs.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Lori was kind, professional, precise and spoke clearly. She quickly verified my information and gave me assurance that my account was active without interruption. She knows her stuff. If I were still a CSR Manager, I'd steal her away from you in a heartbeat. On another note, you might want to eliminate the insulting "respond responsibly".

Total Defense author review by Shelley Elmblad

Total Defense software protects your internet-connected devices from malware and viruses. It is a subscription service that you can renew annually for optimal protection, and the company guarantees results.

• Services: In addition to malware and virus protection, Total Defense also offers PC tuneups and online backup services.

• Protect all your devices: Total Defense can protect all of your internet-connected devices, like laptops, desktops, tablets and more. For $60 you can cover five devices for a year; if you need more coverage, you can always add it on.

• Free tech support: You can call the tech support or customer care line weekdays during business hours for help with downloading, installation, updates and more.

• Automatic renewal service: Total Defense automatically renews your service at the end of a year so you don’t have to go a day without protection. Of course, you can also cancel your service at any time.

• Virus-free guarantee: If a virus happens to slip through Total Defense’s protections, the company will remove it for free. If they can’t, you’ll get your money back. They also have a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the service up to 60 days after your purchase.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Advisor

Shelley Elmblad is a writer with years of experience covering small business, mobile apps, personal finance and tax software. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Total Defense Company Information