4.9/5 (290 ratings)

About Total Defense

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

Total Defense Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Critical error message - could not access program Total Defense for some reason, notified total defense via email. Within the same day I received a reply. Later I received another email on what I could do to correct my opportunity. Lori ** was awesome...!

Total Defense response

Thanks for the feedback! We are happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled customer service team.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

My experience today was fast and simple. Lori had perfect knowledge of what I needed and offered a discount of $20. I am happy with Total Defense and have been a customer over 7 years and I protect all my devices.

Total Defense response

Your patronage to Total Defense is appreciated. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience with the company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I contacted online assist for technical help for My Defense account. I received a fast reply of how to fix the problem, I was having. All thanks to Lori ** for her assistance. I was able to correct problem without further assistance, Perfect interaction from start to finish. Thanks again.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled technical support team.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Quickly and accurately solved my issue. Was called by a very competent and nice guy. He could guide me through the process even though I'm almost a technical idiot. Thanks very much Total Defense! Very happy that I downloaded the mobile security app to my phone.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the wonderful rating. Glad one of our expert technicians could help.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I was having an issue with the compatibility of the older PC Tune Up vs. the newest Security Software update when I renewed my prescription. I had called earlier with the problem and even though the Rep was very nice, I didn't know we were missing a couple of steps. Carlos sent me the instructions and links before we were even done with the call. Friendly, Knowledgeable and had me on my way in no time. Great working with your team.

Total Defense response

Thank you for the review. We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Excellent customer service. Very helpful, polite and professional. I was upset that I did not receive my rebate so I came across my paperwork and reminded me.

Very grateful for all your help, you were so understanding.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Very prompt and excellent help thank you very much. The program is very excellent and have not any problems with my computer. Is very easy to use. Thank you very much. I will recommend this program to all my friends and they will have less problems than I if they expect ahead before.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! We are pleased you are happy with our internet security software and the support you received.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I submitted a support ticket, Lori replied within a short time with a suggested fix and the problem was easily resolved. Quick, efficient and professional support. I have used Total Defense and its CA predecessors for more than 10 years and I'm very happy with the security it provides and would recommend it highly.

Total Defense response

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

When we purchased our new computer, the store had given us a free subscription with McAfee. We explained that we had already paid you and didn’t want it. They, obviously, put McAfee in and took Total Defense off. We are not electronically savvy and didn’t know how to get you back on. Lori did it beautifully. She was very patient, kind, and knowledgeable.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your review. Glad our customer care team could help.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

My computer was having difficulties trying to locate and store the Total Defense Anti-Virus File that was previously installed. With help I was able to remove the old one and install a new one so that the computer could recognize the file and update it. Thank you so much for helping me Carlos ** for making my day less complicated.

Total Defense response

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Carlos ** was extremely helpful. I had gotten a tower for my son and of course we wanted to have Total Defense. However we had no idea the issues we would run into paying off the layaway slowly. Carlos was such a great help getting us our rebate and walking me through the steps! Total Defense is great software and everyone should invest in it, and your customer service is absolutely top notch! Thanks again.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the wonderful rating. Glad our customer care team could help.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Lorrie has been so responsive and diligent with all my questions. Very satisfied with my experience with her. She emailed me back on the weekends letting me she received my inquiry and will get back to me the following business day.

Total Defense response

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Lori was very knowledgeable, friendly and patient with my request. I wasn't sure my subscription was on record and Lori walked me through the steps to ensure I was doing it properly! I highly recommend Total Defense and its Associates!

Total Defense response

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

Good Service and help to restore protection back on my Mac computer on August 26, 2022. The industry needs people that can help others with computer problems, so they can learn to resolve issues as they may happen. As this was a good learning experience for me I think that Total Defense should get a very good recommendation.

Total Defense response

Thanks, your feedback regarding your recent experiences with Total Defense is appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Carlos ** went above and beyond in following up on the status of my rebate. His customer service was totally awesome because I had originally given him the incorrect tracking number but he was able to find the correct tracking number and then immediately resolve the issue of my rebate and then email me that the rebate check has been issued. I appreciate his wonderful customer service and I am a satisfied Total Defense customer.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the wonderful review. Our friendly award-winning support team is always ready to help.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone out there who is looking for a great antivirus. It has a friendly user interface and a great customer service team that literally goes above and beyond. Today, Daniel helped me to resolve an issue that I did not even think would have been possible. Overall it is a great product!!!

Total Defense response

So glad to hear you had a great experience with our support and internet security software. On behalf of the entire security support team, thank you!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Gratifying and able to speak to a knowledgeable person without a long wait time. And followed up with e-mails to check progress. Actually, the above is one of the main reasons that I chose Total Defense for the protection of my computers.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Carlos was excellent and very patient with me as I was using a new laptop and was not familiar with the navigation etc... Carlos also provided me with an email for when I want to transfer TD back to my Tower PC as the laptop I am using is short term. I have been a TD customer for sometime now and TD has never let me down with the quality of service provided, the product is pretty good too!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

My experience with my Total Defense representative was fantastic. We had a billing issue. She was great explaining the issue in a professional and articulate manner and we were able to understand what happened. She was very patient with us and made sure we were totally satisfied.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your review. Glad our customer care team could help.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I was having an issue getting my Total Defense renewed. Lori ** provided the exact and correct information the first time she contacted me. I was able to immediately correct the issue and get renewed. I was able to run a new scan and remediate any issues found since my subscription expired.

Total Defense response

We appreciate you renewing your subscription, it was our pleasure to assist you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I have to say Carlos was extremely helpful and understanding when I contacted the help desk for assistance on how to install my program and to get my rebate that I expect in the mail. I don't have a printer so he helped how to get it.

Total Defense response

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Lori ** was truly helpful in the renewal of my protective service with Total Defense. As my husband and I are not comfortable with online payments it was nice to be able to renew over the phone with a pleasant and knowledgeable person.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your Total Defense subscription renewal and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

My name is Greg **. I tried Total Defense for the first time last year at this time. I called customer service to renew my service because I am satisfied with the security for my laptop. I had the pleasure of speaking to Lori **. Her service was outstanding and extremely helpful. She made it so easy and effortless to renew my service. I really enjoyed talking to Lori and appreciated her courtesy, respectful attitude, professionalism, and expertise. I would recommend Total Defense to anyone in need of it. Thank you.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the awesome review. Our customer care team is at your service to resolve any issue you may have.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Received almost instant refund when I had to cancel automatic renewal to avoid redundancy when new laptop came with two years of free protection. For which many thanks. Had no complaint with Total Defense on previous laptop, cell and tablet. May well be back at next renewal time.

Total Defense response

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

She was very pleasant and helpful! I called because I noticed my subscription expiration date was listed as 3/2022 but I already renewed my subscription with auto-renewal and the funds were withdrawn from my account. I was already pleased with her response when she confirmed my subscription was in fact renewed but she took the extra step to change the date on my online account and explained this happens sometimes with auto-renew payments.

Total Defense response

Thanks, happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled technical support team.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Thank you for your service and prompt attention to customer service and allowing me to quickly renew my membership to your service which allows me protection of my computer. Would highly recommend your service which allows service to many devices.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you renewing your subscription another year with Total Defense and look forward to fulfilling all your internet security needs.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Lori was kind, professional, precise and spoke clearly. She quickly verified my information and gave me assurance that my account was active without interruption. She knows her stuff. If I were still a CSR Manager, I'd steal her away from you in a heartbeat. On another note, you might want to eliminate the insulting "respond responsibly".

Total Defense response

Original review: July 27, 2022

The subscription renewal was processed and finalized, with the assistance of a Total Defense associate, providing professional service, and interest to the details. Thank you for having such a team of representatives that go beyond to explain and assist with the issues at hand.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the awesome review. Prompt and accurate resolution with friendly technical support specialists, is exactly what we strive for, and we are extremely grateful for such positive feedback.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I just purchased a new desktop and trash the old one. I needed to install Total Defense on my new desktop since I just renew my subscription but I have used Total Defense for so many years I did not remember my password.. Carlos **, your agent was extremely helpful. He assisted me with resetting my password and emailed me on how to download the software again. He is an asset with your company. He is courteous, professional and knowledgeable.

Total Defense response

Original review: July 25, 2022

Thanks to Lori for continuing with rebate process & resolving issue. I appreciate you looking into the issue as to why this didn't move forward, and to finally receive the rebate. I'm sure if the store had given the correct info, this would have been resolved earlier.

Total Defense Company Information