4.9/5 (394 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Total Defense

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

Total Defense Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: July 28, 2022

Lori was kind, professional, precise and spoke clearly. She quickly verified my information and gave me assurance that my account was active without interruption. She knows her stuff. If I were still a CSR Manager, I'd steal her away from you in a heartbeat. On another note, you might want to eliminate the insulting "respond responsibly".

Total Defense response

Thank you for the review. We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: July 27, 2022

The subscription renewal was processed and finalized, with the assistance of a Total Defense associate, providing professional service, and interest to the details. Thank you for having such a team of representatives that go beyond to explain and assist with the issues at hand.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the awesome review. Prompt and accurate resolution with friendly technical support specialists, is exactly what we strive for, and we are extremely grateful for such positive feedback.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I just purchased a new desktop and trash the old one. I needed to install Total Defense on my new desktop since I just renew my subscription but I have used Total Defense for so many years I did not remember my password.. Carlos **, your agent was extremely helpful. He assisted me with resetting my password and emailed me on how to download the software again. He is an asset with your company. He is courteous, professional and knowledgeable.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled technical support team.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Thanks to Lori for continuing with rebate process & resolving issue. I appreciate you looking into the issue as to why this didn't move forward, and to finally receive the rebate. I'm sure if the store had given the correct info, this would have been resolved earlier.

Total Defense response

Thanks, your feedback regarding your recent experiences with Total Defense is appreciated.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Laura was helpful and did it from her end. It worked because she validated it for me. Seems the sending email process was not working. I am glad MediaCom paired with Total Defense! Thanks to keeping my phone and tablet safe!

Total Defense response

Thanks, happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled technical support team.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Carlos provided precise information so that I could address the problem. I am an "old CA" customer from Geelong/Australia. Been a happy customer, as I have never lost a PC due to a virus! Shame about the time difference and no-one answers the phone!

Original review: July 19, 2022

I could not get my TD to load down on my computer and Daniel P helped me get all set up with Total Defense. You should be extremely interested to know I believe that this employee is an asset to your company. He was kind and patient with me to help me get able to use TD. I'm 66 yrs and I'd say "he's a keeper" I hope all your employees are that way. Thank-you.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Carlos ** did a great job today helping with my issues. The first being the fraud alert from my bank. The second being helping an old lady uninstall and reinstall the program. Thank you for all your help Carlos.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the wonderful review. Our friendly US-based tech support specialists are always ready to help.

Original review: July 14, 2022

My subscription expired and I was not aware till I checked my phone. I called and was instantly renewed without any complications. She was polite, knowledgeable, efficient. I would gladly work with her on any issues that may come up in the future.

Total Defense response

We appreciate you renewing your subscription, it was our pleasure to assist you.

Original review: July 14, 2022

Carlos ** was wonderful. He replied to my emails promptly and stayed with me until he resolved the issue. Thank You Carlos. :) Would recommend Total Defense, Keep up the good work and even though I am in Australia I still get a very good service.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Lori ** was the best in calming me down and walking me thru the program. I am so happy that I spoke with her instead of throwing out my computer. She also sent me the instructions on how to link my laptop to my account. Thank you Lori!

Original review: July 13, 2022

I appreciated that the phone was answered right away by a person. Lori was super helpful in answering my questions as I am a prospective new customer. I am definitely seriously considering installing this anti-virus product. It is a beautiful day, and I am so glad to have visited with Lori. She is a great rep for the company.

Total Defense response

Your feedback regarding your recent experience with Total Defense is greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 11, 2022

Thanks for the help adding another year. The first time I tried, it didn't show as added. With your help, I added another year with the instructions emailed to me. I had no problem reinstalling Total Defense and now it shows that I am protected.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you renewing your subscription another year with Total Defense and look forward to fulfilling all your internet security needs.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I worked with Lori ** on canceling my subscription. My request number was **. Not only was Lori expedient but she was also professional and thorough. Her customer service is STELLAR and much appreciated by me. Please commend her on a job well done.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the wonderful review. Our friendly award-winning support team is always ready to help.

Original review: July 7, 2022

Dan was very helpful and patient with me; I had a lot of questions about my laptop's performance and TD's coverage of its security. He listened patiently and explained his answers in a clear way. I appreciated talking with him and know better now how to use the TD product.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I found I had two different subscriptions to Total Defense. My request to have this checked was most satisfactorily resolved and a duplicate subscription discontinued. The service provided was excellent, as from my end I could not trace one of the subscriptions which related to a long ago abandoned email address.

Total Defense response

Original review: July 5, 2022

I had a wonderful experience with the agent who helped me. Lori was courteous, patient and prompt to provide me with a solution. She answered the call with a greeting and took her time to listen to the issue I had. In just a little time, she was able to present me with a solution. Overall, her service was quick and adequate, I am a very satisfied customer.

Total Defense response

Original review: July 4, 2022

I bought the Total Defense for two computers and did fill out one of the rebates but the other one took longer because the computer went to my son in the navy. Lori **, over a July 4th weekend, asked me for info and got my rebates together and submitted. I really appreciate the help and effort on her part. Thank you!

Total Defense response

Original review: July 3, 2022

I have been a customer of Total Defense for many years and is used on all my devices with exceptional service and back up support. Lori provided a prompt courteous response that resolved my query. I always recommend Total Defense to my friends and colleagues.

Total Defense response

Original review: July 2, 2022

Jul 1, 2022, 03:51 EDT. I am unable to reactivate my "Ultimate Internet security - 1 Year " after having my QOSMIO i7 x500 laptop repaired that took 6 months. After typing in the correct activation code, I keep getting an error message "Entitlement synchronization failed" Note: I currently have 9 devices. Please help me, thank you. Boris.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Daniel assisted me while paying for annual services for computer virus protection. He was professional, kind and very helpful with my questions. It is always great when someone takes pride in providing great service. It takes integrity for a business to survive. Daniel showed this in our conversation. Rather than being interesting he was interested me; the client.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the feedback! We are happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled customer service team.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I was asking for the lowest price for premium internet security software found online today. The customer service was fast and easy to talk about it and was resolved to my satisfaction. I'm long-time customer and in the past time, my experience was always very good with this service.

Total Defense response

Original review: June 23, 2022

I had issues with reaching getting to the Total Defense application to download it. Mediacom tech support (spoke to about 3 techs) was unable to assist. I was finally put in contact with Lori ** (at Total Defense) and after a few emails the problem was sussed out. A big plus was the fact that Lori was patient and pleasant during the interaction. Not all the Mediacom techs were as easy to work with. A big thank you to Lori....

Total Defense response

Thank you for your review. Glad our tech support team could help.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I needed to renew my subscription and discuss a rebate. Lori was extremely helpful, courteous and professional in assisting and correcting my problem efficiently and expeditiously. She also guided me through the procedure to renew. Highly recommend her for your customer assistance.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your Total Defense subscription renewal and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: June 21, 2022

First, I was able to speak to a real person to solve my issue with my Total Defense subscription; Lori knew exactly what to do, gave clear directions and resolved my problem quickly. She was polite and friendly. As my first customer service call, I'm left with a very positive impression. Thank you, Lori and Total Defense!

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. On behalf of our entire US-based support team, thank you!

Original review: June 16, 2022

Product is easy to use and provides great support for my new laptop. Lori ** did an outstanding job assisting with my rebate! There was an issue resolving my UPC code and she quickly verified and approved my submission. Thank you!

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! So glad to hear you had a great experience with our support team and internet security software.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Lori quickly helped me resolve my technical issue, and even on the weekend. I am an IT industry veteran of 20+ years and we have been using Total Defense on our home PC for years. Is the best internet protection I have found.

Total Defense response

So glad to hear you had a great experience with our support and internet security software. On behalf of the entire security support team, thank you!

Original review: June 13, 2022

Lori ** assisted me today to change my credit card on file to a new credit card number. She was very helpful and efficient in completing this task. It was a pleasure speaking with her today and assisting me with updating my billing information.

Total Defense response

Original review: June 9, 2022

Laurie ** was so patient and helpful. This was by far the best experience I have had with a technician on the phone! I am not very knowledgeable about computers, downloads and other things but she made this very understandable and stuck with me when I had no idea what I was doing. It was a welcome success.

Total Defense response

Great to hear. On behalf of our highly skilled technical support team, thank you very much!

Original review: June 7, 2022

Carlos took over and installed my software for me. Was a pleasure as I was not certain what to do. Extremely understanding and polite. I will be happy to call any service I may need in the future. Thank you, Carlos.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your 5-star review, it was our pleasure to assist you.

Total Defense Company Information