Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

2.2/5 (918 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Intuit - Quicken

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Intuit - Quicken Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quicken?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quicken?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I have been frustrated with Quicken with the OL-297-A error message that prevents downloading of transactions to one or all of my Quicken accounts. I was frustrated enough to send a web inquiry to the Office of the President on the Quicken website. I received a response within a day and had scheduled a call to discuss my complaint and to resolve this issue. Today I had the call which took over an hour but the Quicken support person, Daniel V. with whom I spoke was wonderful and together we resolved the issue. The problem in downloading transactions from my bank and investment firm ended up to be caused by my Norton Firewall. After I disabled the Firewall for 15 minutes, I was able to download transactions. I believe this is the answer for me. To troubleshoot on your own, find any firewall software you may have and disable it temporarily while doing your update. I can't say enough about the help Daniel gave me.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I have been using Quicken for 20 years. In the last 5 years they started to charge subscription every year and the Quicken software got worst not better. Multiple errors while downloading and Duplicate transactions. Customer services are overwhelmed and every time they fixed anything the problem happen again in a month or 2. To the Quicken and Intuit company I have one ratings. YOU ARE CROOKS.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I have had Quicken for some time now, and since December 2020 the online update will not work. I have had many calls to support and they fix it for one day and then it will not update. I have to deactivate online services and reactivate every time to get it to update. This is time consuming and frustrating. I asked for a refund of my remaining subscription and was denied by a guy in Mexico that barely spoke English. This product does not function as advertised and they could care less after they have your money. Stay away from this product.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I have used Quicken for Windows for over 25 years and have used Bill Pay for at least 15 years and the overall the experience has been very good, and Bill Pay was very reliable. Contrast this with my experience with Quick Pay and Check Pay, which has been horrible, starting with the confusing changes that use the same terms but don't do the same things, such as Enter. Enter no longer means enter my scheduled transaction for payment, but simply enter the transaction in the register. This resulted in two payments in my register which were not sent to the financial institutions. Needless to say, both payments resulted in me making late payments, with late fees and interest charges.

Then there's the billers that don't work and can't be removed without contacting Quicken and having them remove them from their end. Plus trying to pay with Check Pay results in not being delivered to the payer by the scheduled date, but being sent on that date and taking 4-10 days to arrive. Who wants to have to think about this? Bill Pay's date was the target delivery date and worked great. How did I discover this; I had tested a payment well before the due date and wondered why it hadn't been cashed, so called Quicken. They were surprised I didn't understand the delay, and I explained that's not how it worked before. They finally showed me a screen that warns of the delay, but that's not how I made the payment and the other screen does not have this warning.

My point is that Quick Pay and Check Pay are being Beta tested with us, even after being delayed 4 months due to Covid. And 6 months after the release, there are still many problems. Quicken needs to take this seriously and fix all the Payer problems and add simple things like when to send a check with Check Pay so it arrives by a certain date. I am working toward abandoning any form of bill pay in Quicken and finding an alternative product.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Quicken Refi Loan Summary

Salary $105,000 Rent or own Owner Occupied Multi-Family
    Credit Score 760 Rental Income $2,400

Industry Financial Management

Date Comments

6/23/2020 Refi Application Started with Quicken Refi, Rep promised refinance closing with be 1 month, 3.25% Interest Rate and 1.5% discount point. 9/18/2020 After 3 months of back and forth, in which I supplied all documentations and same-day or next-day responses and documentations, Quicken Finally realized I was on COVID Forbearance with my Mortgage Company Shellpoint/NewRez. 9/18/2020 I have provided Bank statements, Mortgage Statements, HELOC Statements, Credit Card Statements, Retirement 401k Statements on a monthly basis and no one at Quicken UnderWriting or Accounting/Finance realized this? 9/18/2020 At this time, I immediately tapped into my Emergency Funds to pay down the 4 months of Mortgage deferred because this was required by Quicken to close on the Refinance. After 3 months Quicken tells me this.

10/30/2020 I reach out to Green River Capital (I bought my house with them in 2015) and started my Mortgage Refi Application. 11/23/2020 Quicken Reaches out to me schedule a closing, but realizes they need all my documents again and an updated rate disclosure and to clear out a pending issue about a State Farm 2nd Mortgage I had that was cleared and settled back in May 2020 (Quicken did not realize this after 5 months on my application).

11/23/2020 I lost Faith in Quicken. I have spent 5 months effortlessly calling 3-5 times per week, with hold times averaging 45 minutes per call to get a human being to understand why my application is going at a snails place. When I asked them, each time they have mentioned its due to COVID and there was a severe backlog, BUT each time I asked any other applications took 5 months or more, they each could not answer me and were quiet. 5 months? 12/4/2020 Through constant texts, emails and follow-ups I schedule my closing for 12/8/2020 with Green River Capital. My home was appraised at $675k & I have a lower Interest Rate of 3% lower than 1% Discount Points, and just lower fees in general.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Congratulations to Quicken for coming up with an online bill paying system that will make one see how much easier mailing out bills the old fashioned way can be. I have used Quicken Billpay for 20 years and it was a wonderfully simple and easy system. It is hard to understand how a program designer could botch the new Bill Manager so badly. In the old system you could write in all your checks in one spot and then hit send, done. The new system for manual bills take about 8 steps and each check must be done individually, so 8 steps per payment. Who thought this was a good idea?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Well, what can I say? I have been a Quicken user for over 15 years, when it started I would buy the software for $35 and use it for 3-4 years before having to pay for an upgrade. Then they made it internet subscription based at $52 annually, I complied and continued forward. I have never had any major issues until today! Something has happened and I can't get my bank transactions from my main bank although all of my other accounts are working fine in quicken. I reached out to quicken tech support thinking they would help, after all I am paying them yearly for their service. Nope! They want me to subscribe to an additional backup service or they cannot help me! Guess I will be cancelling my subscription and sharing my horrible experience with everyone instead!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Quicken has been getting better but the almost daily software updates... seem like the consumer is doing their beta testing, Bill Manager setup didn't work after 10 times trying. On BILL MANAGER $9.95 monthly is billed as Paypal with no description included!!! Checked with Billpay and my bank and no one could tell me where payment went.... RIDICULOUS...FIX IT.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I cancelled my Bill Manager, horrible program, even worse service. Never had a problem with Bill Pay. Bill Manager missed payment dates, example I put in a payment on September 6 for an October 1 payment. They cut the check on October 1 but didn't mail it that day. Was received 9 days later. Never happened with Bill Pay. I was charged a late fee of $240.29! When I called said I needed to read the service terms: here they are:

"Payments. It is your responsibility to initiate processing for any payment prior to the Due Date and to ensure that there is enough time to complete the payment prior to the Due Date. It is your responsibility to submit payments to arrive by the Due Date specified on the bill or statement. If you initiate processing on a date that causes payment to be delivered after the Due Date, we are not responsible for any late charges that you may be charged by the Payee." I would suggest September 6 to October 1st is more than enough time! Cancelled subscription which I've had for probably 20 years. Tried a new online payment and what do you know, my payment was received on time.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Now that Quicken has moved to a new online bill payment scheme, the product has gone from generally useful to absolutely worthless. As a user for over 20years, I have generally been satisfied and have successfully managed my bills and investments using electronic payments. Now, it is half baked software. I suspect these absurd changes to the product revolving around electronic payment will result in a loss of revenue for Intuit. Intuit competitors must be all jumping for joy!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I have been a Quicken user for 10+ years. I used Quicken for all my bills. The new platform on Quicken Bill Pay gives me zero confidence that my payments are done as scheduled and on time. I have to run updates daily to ensure payments and billing cycles are up to date. To update billing it takes too long for the current billing cycle to appear, gives warning about dates being set for future payments that are too short in time without the opportunity to set payments for future times such as vacation. The system seems to be lagging in its ability to link with Payees, sometimes passwords are accepted and other times not. There is no credibility in the new platform and is not user friendly. I don't this the new platform was tested well before public release. I would rate this product as a zero-star if possible.

Intuit - Quicken Company Information