Intuit - Quicken

Intuit - Quicken
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.44/5

Intuit - Quicken Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

It just turned 2020 so my Quicken 2017 is really just a bit over 2 years old. I paid full price for the product and was promised certain functions. Lo and behold, today I received an email from them stating that unless I pay them more money, in essence, they're rendering what I purchased from them useless. Hard to believe that a company, once owned by a reputable company, Intuit, does this to its client base and thinks they can do it with complete impunity. Of course, in addition to sharing my terrible experience with as many potential buyers of their product as I can, I will be moving onto Mint which offers pretty much the same functionality as Quicken but without the bait and switch.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I have had the Quicken Deluxe 2019 subscription for a year now and I have learned to hate it even more than I did with earlier versions. I have been using Quicken since it came out and it just continues to cause problems. I have tried replacing it with other software, free or paid for, and found most other products do not have the features I am looking for that Quicken has or they are more geared toward those with investments which I do not have. I have tried many of them only to discover they are lacking features that I am used to.

One problem I have had is the cloud service connected to the desktop app always seems to be down. The last three days I can't access it which I needed to do to delete old 2019 data that should have been deleted when I chose not to include it in my 2020 data after doing a Year End backup. It removed the 2019 from the 2020 data file, but as soon as I did an updated Cloud sync it put all that old 2019 data back into my current file. I have tried repeatedly to access that data online to manually delete it only that website has been down for several days. I even uninstalled the desktop app twice then reinstalled it using the latest copy on my account page. Nothing changed.

The only part I can access online is for my account information. While there I took great pleasure in not renewing my subscription which was already paid for with the two-year subscription. I wish I had only made it for one year only. I don't think that was an option. The only good thing about the subscription is once paid for I can continue using Quicken even if I do not resubscribe for the online/cloud services which for me are just a backup vault and that needs fixing. I found a lot of duplicates and unknown data on my Quicken Cloud account when it was working and there is no explanation telling what it is. I wanted to delete everything then do a new sync from the desktop app, but the website has been down since I tried to use it three days ago. Days ago I sent a screen capture to Quicken showing the problem, but haven't heard back yet.

Even though I still have another year of my subscription, I disconnected from their cloud and will continue to just use it locally without the interference with their screwed up cloud backup. I don't use any bank connections because I don't trust them and enter everything manually. However, I do save all my Quicken data externally to other services. Since I don't use Quicken on my phone then I really don't need the cloud sync and prefer it to be local especially when it isn't reliable. I vote they go back to offering the perpetual version for those of us who don't need or want the ability to sync online. As unsafe as the internet has become, and I have been victimized many times over the years for account compromises, who can trust your data online anymore? I sure don't and never will.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Within the past few months I have encountered a problem with my Quicken reconciliation which has me upset. I have been a Quicken customer for years and I have been very happy with the product. Now after I do my reconciliation, the starting balance is not reflective of the bank's ending balance. In the past the new starting balance always reflected the bank's ending balance but now something strange is happening and I have no idea why I am now getting huge adjustments and still starting off with an incorrect starting balance in my next month's reconciliation. In the past years I have never had a problem doing my account reconciliation. What is different with Quicken now?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Like other reviewers, I have used Quicken for more than 20 years and quicken bill pay. Never had any problems. Being forced to upgrade to Quicken 2019 Premier involves having to set up a new quicken bill pay account even though nothing has otherwise changed on my end. I am currently at 3 weeks, 5 phone calls, "tickets" issued that only result in the same response "they are very busy and behind". Thus.. I can't pay bills unless I continue the original plan (which is now supposed to be included in Quicken 2019 Premier). I am wondering if they just aren't getting new accounts activated so they can continue to collect on their monthly bill pay fees or what. They are NOT living up to their purchase agreement, and should be investigated. Do NOT purchase this product.. unless like many of us, you "have to".

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Add Me To The list...of dissatisfied customers! This software is a joke. I've been using Quicken for a couple of decades. The last couple of years it's all been downhill. Constant "connection" issues with Financial Institutions (I get that policies change, but Quicken is extremely slow to update... if at all lately!!). Get the occasional duplicate transactions, constantly asked to upgrade (yeah right), when selecting "Don't remind me again", does not comply with the check mark! Why bother putting it there if you don't adhere to the decision? It really needs some major housecleaning to get it back to the once upheld standards. Out of my 10 or so accounts, when trying to update, 3 fail with 5xx errors; try again later, or tomorrow, or in a few days. CONSTANTLY!!! Bye Quicken!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have spent a significant amount of time looking for a way to re-print an account reconciliation; after all, no software program would disallow a re-print, right? Well! Here is a program that does! I think it is abhorrent that any software program would not allow re-printing of any document at any time. In addition, I now have to spend hours researching another more suitable program, not to mention time getting up to speed on it. Thanks for that!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

This product is awful. The account download tool is faulty and does not sync correctly with accounts already in process. It'd probably work great for a new account, but if you add an existing account into the mix be prepared to waste HOURS AND HOURS OF YOUR LIFE trying to figure out why all of a sudden your once balanced account, is now no longer balanced. If anyone has that PHd, hit me up. Or better yet hit up the ** morons at Quicken.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I have been using the 2016 version of Quicken for the past 3 years. It was NOT a subscription service as that time. I have never used the online banking, or the online bill pay options. Everything I do has been manual. Suddenly, ads are taking up at least 1/2 of my screen, and I am unable to see the complete info on my past transactions. I am told "my Membership expired" and to pay up. Then, a day or two later, I am not even allowed to manually enter a transaction. "You need to 'renew your membership'". I never had a membership. But now I am being totally bricked until they get money from me. My program has been abducted, and I have to pay the ransom to get my Quicken back. I feel like I have been robbed. I'm sure they don't care, but I immediately purchased Banktivity 7, to replace Quicken. Intuit corporation is in essence, bullying me. Thank goodness I have other options.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

If you buy Quicken and you do not pay a YEARLY FEE they will discontinue your online support. I have quicken 2016 paid in full and they discontinued it so it no longer works. All of my transactions, everything gone. They say, upgrade to a newer version and it will work again. Subscription based plans suck. They force you to keep paying every year. I refuse.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Every few months I get a cc-501 error which says that it is not my fault but a problem with Quicken. However, to fix the problem I need to deactivate all my accounts (many) then reactivate. This is very time intensive. No excuse for Quicken to frequently have this problem. This has only been happening the last few years when they were run by another company. Everyone should do like I did and move to mint.com which is run by Intuit.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Intuit - Quicken Company Information