Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

Intuit - Quicken Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quicken?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quicken?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Quicken Refi Loan Summary

Salary $105,000 Rent or own Owner Occupied Multi-Family
    Credit Score 760 Rental Income $2,400

Industry Financial Management

Date Comments

6/23/2020 Refi Application Started with Quicken Refi, Rep promised refinance closing with be 1 month, 3.25% Interest Rate and 1.5% discount point. 9/18/2020 After 3 months of back and forth, in which I supplied all documentations and same-day or next-day responses and documentations, Quicken Finally realized I was on COVID Forbearance with my Mortgage Company Shellpoint/NewRez. 9/18/2020 I have provided Bank statements, Mortgage Statements, HELOC Statements, Credit Card Statements, Retirement 401k Statements on a monthly basis and no one at Quicken UnderWriting or Accounting/Finance realized this? 9/18/2020 At this time, I immediately tapped into my Emergency Funds to pay down the 4 months of Mortgage deferred because this was required by Quicken to close on the Refinance. After 3 months Quicken tells me this.

10/30/2020 I reach out to Green River Capital (I bought my house with them in 2015) and started my Mortgage Refi Application. 11/23/2020 Quicken Reaches out to me schedule a closing, but realizes they need all my documents again and an updated rate disclosure and to clear out a pending issue about a State Farm 2nd Mortgage I had that was cleared and settled back in May 2020 (Quicken did not realize this after 5 months on my application).

11/23/2020 I lost Faith in Quicken. I have spent 5 months effortlessly calling 3-5 times per week, with hold times averaging 45 minutes per call to get a human being to understand why my application is going at a snails place. When I asked them, each time they have mentioned its due to COVID and there was a severe backlog, BUT each time I asked any other applications took 5 months or more, they each could not answer me and were quiet. 5 months? 12/4/2020 Through constant texts, emails and follow-ups I schedule my closing for 12/8/2020 with Green River Capital. My home was appraised at $675k & I have a lower Interest Rate of 3% lower than 1% Discount Points, and just lower fees in general.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Congratulations to Quicken for coming up with an online bill paying system that will make one see how much easier mailing out bills the old fashioned way can be. I have used Quicken Billpay for 20 years and it was a wonderfully simple and easy system. It is hard to understand how a program designer could botch the new Bill Manager so badly. In the old system you could write in all your checks in one spot and then hit send, done. The new system for manual bills take about 8 steps and each check must be done individually, so 8 steps per payment. Who thought this was a good idea?

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Well, what can I say? I have been a Quicken user for over 15 years, when it started I would buy the software for $35 and use it for 3-4 years before having to pay for an upgrade. Then they made it internet subscription based at $52 annually, I complied and continued forward. I have never had any major issues until today! Something has happened and I can't get my bank transactions from my main bank although all of my other accounts are working fine in quicken. I reached out to quicken tech support thinking they would help, after all I am paying them yearly for their service. Nope! They want me to subscribe to an additional backup service or they cannot help me! Guess I will be cancelling my subscription and sharing my horrible experience with everyone instead!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Quicken has been getting better but the almost daily software updates... seem like the consumer is doing their beta testing, Bill Manager setup didn't work after 10 times trying. On BILL MANAGER $9.95 monthly is billed as Paypal with no description included!!! Checked with Billpay and my bank and no one could tell me where payment went.... RIDICULOUS...FIX IT.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I cancelled my Bill Manager, horrible program, even worse service. Never had a problem with Bill Pay. Bill Manager missed payment dates, example I put in a payment on September 6 for an October 1 payment. They cut the check on October 1 but didn't mail it that day. Was received 9 days later. Never happened with Bill Pay. I was charged a late fee of $240.29! When I called said I needed to read the service terms: here they are:

"Payments. It is your responsibility to initiate processing for any payment prior to the Due Date and to ensure that there is enough time to complete the payment prior to the Due Date. It is your responsibility to submit payments to arrive by the Due Date specified on the bill or statement. If you initiate processing on a date that causes payment to be delivered after the Due Date, we are not responsible for any late charges that you may be charged by the Payee." I would suggest September 6 to October 1st is more than enough time! Cancelled subscription which I've had for probably 20 years. Tried a new online payment and what do you know, my payment was received on time.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Now that Quicken has moved to a new online bill payment scheme, the product has gone from generally useful to absolutely worthless. As a user for over 20years, I have generally been satisfied and have successfully managed my bills and investments using electronic payments. Now, it is half baked software. I suspect these absurd changes to the product revolving around electronic payment will result in a loss of revenue for Intuit. Intuit competitors must be all jumping for joy!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I have been a Quicken user for 10+ years. I used Quicken for all my bills. The new platform on Quicken Bill Pay gives me zero confidence that my payments are done as scheduled and on time. I have to run updates daily to ensure payments and billing cycles are up to date. To update billing it takes too long for the current billing cycle to appear, gives warning about dates being set for future payments that are too short in time without the opportunity to set payments for future times such as vacation. The system seems to be lagging in its ability to link with Payees, sometimes passwords are accepted and other times not. There is no credibility in the new platform and is not user friendly. I don't this the new platform was tested well before public release. I would rate this product as a zero-star if possible.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I have been a long and loyal user of Quicken for the last 23+ years. I have on a daily basis downloaded transactions from my numerous banking and investing accounts and have NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS, until recently. I have spent the last 3 weeks trying to update and reconcile my accounts to no avail. After struggling to find solutions on my own I finally called Quicken Support. I have spent the last 4 day, making 5 different calls totaling a 3 1/2 hours and STILL NO SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM. I have now spent the last hour trying to find a number to call here in the USA (all calls are routed to Guatemala) to complain and find the next level of help. I will give them one more chance, (someone is suppose to call me tomorrow from the home office) to fix my problem or I will delete Quicken and try to find another financial software program.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Moved over to Quicken in November after 8 years using another product. Main reason for switch was the online bill payment service. Switched all accounts over and set up the online payment service (which was quite convoluted, difficult and time consuming) and finally got it working. Was working very nicely and was able to pay all bills either electronically or through checks they would write. Come August, Quicken changed companies and now I have a limit of 12 electronic payments and 3 physical checks - limits I did not have before. Now, in order to get the same experience I had before, I will have to pay $49.95 a month (basically $600 more a year) to get the same number of transactions!!!

Needless to say the transition to the new service has been another total nightmare that took me hours on technical support lines (and I'm pretty technically savvy) and has not worked flawlessly - I've actually had some late payments due to the transition. I spent the last hour going through 3 levels of supervisors to all tell me basically "tough". You either sign up to pay more or you're out of luck. Horrible customer service. If anyone knows of a class action - I'm jumping on it. This is the biggest bait and switch I've ever seen.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I have been a Quicken customer for a number of years. It has been "OK" at best, but yesterday they trashed it. I had to do the newest upgrade and it blew away my data. I have spent hours trying to fix and their advice and customer service in general were horrible!! Certainly will look for an option now!

Intuit - Quicken Company Information