Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.26/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Intuit - Quicken Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quicken?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quicken?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I have been an avid Quicken user for over 25 years. I would always update to the most recent version. Up until it became a subscription service, I was a staunch supporter and relied on the software to help me keep accurate track of my finances. This year however, every time I did an online update all my account balances were in disagreement. Correcting this required hours of painstaking reconciliation to weed out incorrect and duplicate transactions. This was rewarded with another scrambling of balances at the next online update. This is too much work.

I have stopped using the program and scan my accounts online now. I may not get the reporting about where I am spending but at least I don't have to spend hours every month trying to correct Quicken accounts. The Help support system has a very poor handle on how the software works and is not helpful. I am switching to Moneyspire. As long as I have to go through everything manually this seems to work just as well.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I have been using Quicken since it first came out. They just changed their bill payment system. It is the worst thing I have ever seen. It takes many more steps, it's much more complicated and you can't set up bills to pay more than 2 months out. I will definitely look into other finance programs and other bill payment systems.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I've used Quicken for over 10 years, and was a very satisfied customer until they went to software as a service SAS model. Since then I have had more difficulty using the product with barriers like having to log in to my Quicken account, to lost data, file corruption, and lockups. I spent 45 minutes the other day trying to pay one bill. Frustration is getting high! Starting to seem like a checkbook and ledger would be less time consuming as a bill pay method. Quicken - Go back to selling software that works. You don't have the on-line model figured out yet. This rant was initiated by my trying to download my account data at 11:30 on a Saturday morning and getting the message: "Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes, then try again. We apologize for the inconvenience." Apologies don't get the job done!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

New ownership, management, proclaimed attitude has not changed to quality or reliability of this product. Nor has the increase in revenue generated by switching to a annual fees. The lack of competition mean as users we have no choice. Other leading software that I use does not crash, drop transactions at download, offer no tools to repair these issues, limited support etc. Exporting of data continues to be weak, and inflexibility of the interface an issue. Let's hope the competitors step up so can switch. One star is generous.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I am a 28 year Quicken user. I have purchased many upgrade CD's over the years - at my choosing. Quicken has determined that in order to make more money for their CEO's and stockholders that they must convert to an annual "membership". If this weren't bad enough, when the "upgrade" occurs, data since the last upgrade is deleted. As a professional, I neither am open to nor appreciative of this immense disrespect of my time and work, usually occuring at tax time when I need the information the most.

Quicken has been ZERO help in recovering my data and accused me of not using their product "as instructed". In fact I did use it as instructed, which may have lead to the loss of data. They have offered and seem to be quite proud of their position on this. Worse this year, after a year of not having close control of my finances, they are demanding another "membership fee". Time to go to Quickbooks for my personal and professional needs. They actually understand accounting, offer professional grade products, and back their service for their clients. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me!

Original review: July 8, 2020

Used Quicken over 20 years. I tried to open Quicken and received a message that Quicken could not open. It said to try to open again, if that did not open Quicken to call the number listed. (This occurred right after a update of Quicken). I called the number. They took control of my computer and said that it was not a software issue rather corrupted files and it would require a fee to restore my data. My alternative was to eliminate 20 years of data and reload the program which I did rather than pay a fee. I wrote a letter to Quicken and received a phone call. I was told that there was no record of my phone call to Quicken. Since I eliminated my data they could provide no assistance and did not offer any resolution. I used on line Quicken only to update stocks quotes and everything else I did manually. As a result, I will never trust Quicken and would never put any sensitive information into the program.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I have used Quicken for many years purchasing the software outright. Now, Quicken is attempting to force me to switch to a subscription model, urging me to upgrade to their new system with hidden threats and now the frequent occurrence of crashes which had never happened before since I first began to use Quicken over 16 years ago. Is this a ploy to force me to upgrade?

Is time for Attorney General to stop companies from changing course and forcing consumers to continue to support their products under new conditions that were not explained at the time of the purchase of the product. If more of us write complains to the State and the Office of Consumer Affairs, it may be possible to punish these companies that are now seeking to rewrite the conditions of purchasing of goods. Is there any decent lawyer that is willing to start this reaction. Quicken is doing the same thing that Wink attempted to do with a different item.

Original review: May 31, 2020

My question: why does the download transactions flag stay on? No help. One technician wanted me to close my present account and create new ones. MUCH work for me. I SAID, "NO. Gave me phone # to call back later." I used search GOOGLE and found this: Quicken Windows - red flag but no transactions to review bug. I GOT: Spring Davidson Member February 2018 edited April 2019 in FAQ'S (Windows) I used this and fixed my problem. My big question is "WHY COULDN'T the Technician show me this."

Original review: May 29, 2020

I agree with most of the problems with the "NEW" Quicken. Although hard to find a better product given 20 years experience using the Old Quicken (non-sub), many of the issues may be SEC, GAAP, among other serious issues with "NEW" Quicken. There are plenty of software bugs including screen skewing issues (compatibility most likely with WIN/PC Platforms), refresh issues with login, verify after trying to add bank/credit card numbers, account numbers on credit card paying, flexibility on "PAY" immediate, knowing really what service is handling bill pay (??? Old Bill Pay, or New Bill Manager/Bill Pay, how to cancel old expiring Quicken BILL Pay..many, many more...QUICKEN Software development needs to address many of these issues and more or you will not have a customer base. IT SHOULD BE AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT if problems, tech support, functionality, feature(s) improvement is addressed.

Original review: May 20, 2020

The new owners have replaced QuickenBillPay with Quick Pay (direct electronic payment) and Check Pay (they will send a check). Neither of these are intuitively designed, neither work as advertised. I paid for Premier, with the included premium tech support -- after two hours in the first two weeks, I figured out how to do some things MYSELF. Tech support was useless - they don't know the product, they don't know how to make it work. AND there are monthly quotas = limits to the number of bills you can pay per month. And no apparent mechanism to increase that. As soon as I find time, I will replace the mess. After 20 years of loyalty to this product, you'd think they would have been ready for prime time before railroading people into a beta version.

Intuit - Quicken Company Information