Intuit - Quicken

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Quicken 2017 software is confused. It did not let me start off where I left off. It showed all my transactions that had already cleared going back to 2015 or whenever I started. I had to fake it out by marking all past cleared items as cleared and then accept adjustment of over $2,000 to my account. I don't get it. Why didn't it start with my last reconciliation that was done on January 6, 2017? What is going on? I should have kept my old version and not paid for this 2017 junk. Surely, you have software engineers that can figure this nonsense out. And, you can't post complaints directly to Quicken. What a joke. They get your money and you can't get help or complain. Total Joke.

Been using the stand alone version of Quicken (2003) on multiple computers for 13 years and always worked great. Try to finally upgrade to 2017 has been a nightmare. Customer support, out of India I suppose is nothing more than a scam to get money. They want $999.99 to recover my data, and now I can't even use my old version any more. Beware.

I purchased 2015 and was happy with the product until Key Bank bought out my old bank. Was unable to access my account for many months and so opened an account with Mint which is the same company. Finally I had to open up a new bank account to have internet access and now Quicken tells me that bank is not able to have internet access but Mint has no problem with internet access!!! Sounds like a big SNAFU to me!

I have records in Quicken dating back to 1989. Windows version up until 2007 when I switched to Mac. When using Windows I could not wait to give them the money when a new version came out... that changed dramatically when I switched to the Mac version. In a word... just an awful representation of what used to be a terrific software. Uninformed technical support, program has limited functionality, bank downloads an absolute nightmare. I have logged countless hours on the phone with technical support trying to discover why my downloaded material never matches the bank website. Quicken points the finger at the bank and the bank points the finger at Quicken.

Level one technical support at Quicken is a complete conspiracy to take away time from your life you will never get back. Reports... entries do not show up in reports for without reason (and I am a weathered Quicken user with 27 years of experience). Once again Quicken blames it on the bank and the bank on Quicken. I agree with the reviewer that says Quicken is holding me hostage to the program. I have had it! Anyone with a suggestion on a reliable, user friendly program that would allow me to export my 27 years of material form Quicken and provide accurate downloads from my bank (Wells Fargo... which also leaves something to be desired)... and has tested it over time... please let me know.

Quicken customer for 15+ years. Used Quicken 2105 Premier this morning and backed up to my Quicken Online Backup account. Upgraded to Quicken Premier 2017. Now backup fails. Error message suggests problem with backup account access. Tried to login to my Quicken Online Backup account using a web browser. It denies access and says password is invalid. BUT password has not changed. Spent 40 minutes with Quicken chat "support" interfacing with a very poorly designed bot which finally reset the password to Quicken Online Backup. The new password does not work. After 45 minutes in queue to speak to customer support live agent I got someone who took the information then put me back into another queue to speak to an actual tech support agent. Quoted wait time is 25 minutes. This is not an acceptable customer experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

I was having problems with my 2017 Quicken software. I attempted several fixes suggested on their support website to no avail. I called Quicken support. The tech tried several things with no solution. The last thing he did was disable everything in the Windows msconfig file and restarted the computer. Now my computer is nothing but a black box. They dug a hole and were unwilling or unable to get me out of it. Now I have to hire someone to see if they can get my files off the hard drive, then reinstall Windows. I've been using Quicken since the days of DOS, and have been pleased with the software. I trusted that they would hire technicians that knew what they were doing, but as I research the issue, I find that what he did was a very stupid thing to do. The worst thing is that they would not stick with it and solve the problem they created.

I tried to update my bank accounts. I was asked for an Intuit password, I gave the password for my Quicken account but it was not accepted. I have Quicken 2016 and I don't want to update to 2017 now. It is very important for me to do my 2016 taxes, I have read reviews of the 2017 Quicken update and felt it was better to work with my current accounting. I need to get my updates in order to do my 2016 taxes. I cannot find any help from Intuit. My order date was 4/7/2016. My acct **. I paid 48.25 for my 2016 Deluxe Win. download my online backup #**. I have this number also **.

When Apple offered free upgrade to new operating system, not in the start of it but at the end Quicken wouldn't work anymore and all my financial info was locked up until I paid 75 bucks for Quicken upgrade. I was high jacked. Now I have the new Quicken and it sucks. It's not user friendly, very difficult to figure out. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. They know they have you in a bind and they jacked their price up knowing you have no choice.

I have used Quicken since the 90's and ran an emulator on a Mac for several years just to keep running the Windows version, then finally switched the Mac version of Quicken, and is it ever the forgotten red-headed stepchild. Nowhere near the functionality, but I finally got used to it and accepted the shortcomings so I wouldn't have to keep running Parallels. Every time I start up the program, there is either an update or I have to pay for a new version. I cringe every time I try to upgrade as like others have said, Intuit is very deceitful!

They hit you with changes that you are forced to accept as you step through the upgrade process. Now for 2017 they force you to login to Intuit just to use the software, since I already don't trust Intuit with my data or info, I found this to be downright wrong. I paid for the software and should not have to log in to Intuit for any reason if I want to run it as a standalone program. Let this be a warning to anyone looking to upgrade to 2017 and are not using Quicken online.

I upgraded to the latest version of Quicken from Quicken 2016. This was a very bad choice. The program is full of bugs, very slow and adds literally nothing worth of upgrading. My issue with this new version is: 1. It takes a long time to open so one can login into the accounts using a password; 2. When you finally get to the registry window, the date column shows mixed dates rather than an orderly showing of transactions by dates. I tried to get these problems corrected by contacting support. Totally worthless. They could not fix it and would not acknowledge that there was something wrong with the program. If this is read by a lawyer, we should generate a legal action against this company for shady and misleading actions. Please help!!!

Trying to install the CD purchased in store. You are now required to login into an online account. Apparently their servers are down a lot. So I cannot get to MY local data on my PC. I cannot create an account through the install screen - due to server error. I created an account directly on their website - and that will not work either. What the hell good is a financial tracking software if I cannot even get to my financial data. I swore after the headaches using 2012 that I would never upgrade this increasingly crappy program. After 20+ years of relying on it, I cannot even get to my data on my own PC. Time to switch to something else. DO NOT USE Quicken - it is just not worth it. Why would they hold your own data hostage? If Intuit was a hacker - Quicken would be poster child for RANSOMWARE.

I just spent 2 hours chatting with customer service and trying to install a downloaded version of Quicken 2017. I kept getting a 1603 error. Nothing they told me to do worked. I finally asked for a refund and they wouldn't issue it until we tried everything one more time. The worst of it is that they uninstalled my old version, and so even though I backed up my data, I can't open the proprietary backup file! So I have the data but I can't get to it.

It appears that this time for the past three or four years Quicken just before the new year tries to make their current customers switch to the newer version by taking down the older version. This time I am unable to bring my Quicken up to make entries into the database. I even went to the help desk and no email address is available to send an inquiry except a phone number to call. I have used Quicken for 15 years and prepare my taxes based upon reports generated from Quicken. This time I did what the help desk stated to do and that was to download a patch which I did. I was able to get my account up and running for 10 seconds before it crashed again. This is extremely poor service and Quicken should be sued for this type of customer service.

I have used Quicken since the very early 1990s. In the past few years, it has begun to update itself and to demand an Intuit password to access online data. It will not let you use a password you have used before. As a result, I have created dozens of passwords. Yesterday, this happened again. I now appear to be locked out for some undefined period, despite having created yet another password. I called tech support, which told me I had to buy Quicken 2017 to fix it. When I demurred, they told me I had to subscribe to their service to use it. This is classic monopoly behavior. I have had it with Quicken and plan to switch to different software. If you are not stuck with it for some reason, don't buy Quicken.

WOW, what a nightmare of experience with them. They continually ask for document that have been told multiple time do not exist and after screaming at them and going above their head to be told they don't need it anyway. They don't take time to properly review a document until after they make you pay 500 for an appraisal (and then try to bill you more for the appraisal). They never even mentioned I would need a reserve and close to. When I was to close they brought it up and just told me basically to find another 15K. I'm a professional Registered Nurse and deal honestly and upfront, Quicken is deceitful and non-forthcoming. My bank was so much easier. My advice is to STEER CLEAR.

It is a constant battle making entries into Quicken Home & Business 2016 (Release R 8 25.1.8.5) without knowing when it is going to crash on me. Sometimes you can go a whole week or day, but eventually it will crash when entering data. I have noticed that it generally will happen when making split entries. I also notice it will happen if I do not clear the entry by checking off the "Cleared" before making the split transaction entry. GOOD = Remember to check, Cleared first = no Crash. BAD = Forget to check, Cleared first = Crash. It is really a nuisance and eats up too much time when the program decides it is going to start acting up again. Or, I forget to cleared the entry before entering it.

With Intuit - Quicken my experience must have been a few years ago. While I was upgrading a few years ago, they had intentionally made the tech issues in my Intuit - Quicken and left the flawed upgrade in my computer, the salesman had walked all over in my personal computer. He intentionally had messed up my computer and had left me with such a mess in my bookkeeping. I was charged approximately $460 for the upgrade. Right after that upgrade, I was told that and my computer has multiple tech issues. Of course the salesman had set it up by himself. He had left "many tech issues" including copy machine as well. My fax is not working since then. According to them as they had said. But actually my Quicken had worked fine until the upgrading attempt.

That upgrading must had taken at least 4-5 hours or even 6 hours for a few days, I remember. I had the three year warranty but actually that was a flawed services. Even today the company never fixed the issue. I had been left with flawed balance sheet page. Today I have decided to test if the Intuit - Quicken has corrected their flawed messy balance sheet. Guess what happened. To begin a new account, For instance depositing $10 should end up with $10. Correct? But the Intuit - Quicken has different math system. So the balance ends up with $10,862.25. Why? Because Intuit - Quicken has set up the troublesome tech mines in my balance sheet.

They are hoping me to call them back. So that I may get desperate, so that if or when I step back into my Intuit- Quicken balance sheet, I would have to call them for asking SOS rescue team. But I had enough of their nonsense games with Intuit - Quicken already in the past that I had to make a adjustment in my balance sheet. It seems Intuit - Quicken needs to be asking and welcoming class action.

I am a retired CPA who owned a public accounting for 30 years. We used Quickbooks for clients. I am now trying to find a product for my daughter and another adult friend and am calling the Quicken line. I got someone who had no idea what a balance sheet was. She put me back on hold so now I have been holding for almost an hour. I have read the reviews and sounds like their customer service is very poor and maybe even their products. I think we were able to get help because we had Quickbooks for accountants and the proper helpline. Looks like you just can't get help. I will not buy this product but look for a another one.

I was forced to upgrade to Quicken 2016 because they no longer download from by accounts on Quicken 2013. When I did the upgrade, the new version no longer recognized my password. I have tried to contact Quicken, but they never accept my call. I have waited for over an hour.

Upgraded a very serviceable Quicken 2013 for 2016. No longer will download bank information because tech says there are several hundreds error on my system. Seems I did not pay additional security services when I purchased the package. All I need to do is pay $300 to $500 for security and they will take care of issues. Since when do you buy a package without being told there is a hidden aspect. When I express exasperation over the issue technician hung up. Apparently I am not the only one who will go another route with my bookkeeping package.

For months, the important online research function has not been working. Quicken is aware of it but has not fixed this critical functionality.

I've just spent more than a month trying to connect Quicken to my accounts and I'm sure they've disabled the feature to use your software after the 1 year time is up. I seriously considered upgrading to the new version as I needed to get my numbers together, no freaking way. You should be able to use your software without all the new bells and whistles, I'm not giving them another dime.

I have been using QuickBooks For my business since 2010. I upgraded to QuickBooks Pro Plus 2016. I have not had any problems until I downloaded the latest update on 7/2/2016. When I signed in I was directed to a page that made me change my password and answer a security question. When I hit continue it started to open my program but then looped back to the change password page. I contacted customer service and since I pay for 24/7 tech help a tech logged into my computer and tried to fix the problem. He could not restore my company file from backup so he uploaded my company file to data services for a file fix.

It has been almost a month and my file is still not fixed. I cannot contact data services by phone but have to go to a web page and send a message or wait to get into a live chat session. I have waited 1-2 hours to chat with a rep and each time I get the same answers. They tell me a tech is currently working on my file and will contact me when complete. I cannot get into my program to enter and pay bills, download my bank transactions, or do assisted payroll. The customer service is terrible and they basically hang you out to dry. Do not purchase this program. I am so disgusted and after reading the reviews posted on this site I feel like my problem will never be solved and have lost six years of business data. I am looking for alternatives and a class action lawsuit should be started concerning this company's business practices.

When my 2013 Quicken Home and Business addition stopped downloading records, I thought I did something wrong. Only after reading blogs, and customer reviews, I realized that it's Intuit's new business style manifests itself again -- this time with Quicken. I already dumped their TurboTax software and will not go back anytime soon. Now, it's time to say no to this extortion practice -- annual fees on product that was perfectly good at the time of purchase. Can you imagine buying a brand new car from a dealer, and then 3 years later, they remotely disable some key functions of your vehicle and demand payments for "restoration." Doesn't Tony Soprano come to your mind with his "protection" services now? Yeah! So, screw you, Intuit, in your entirety. Yes, I'll persevere through manual updates of my records, but won't give you a single penny, now or ever!

Been having issues with transactions disappearing, not being about to reconcile, previous balances not correct, transactions not showing up in the reconcile section... WHAT THE HELL? I called them, stayed on the phone and computer for about an hour and a half. NOTHING CHANGED. They made it WORSE.

Others have said it very well. In my case my system was upgraded from 2015 to 2016 automatically. No request, no permission. Just one morning the vault passwords did not work. Chat and phone support are a joke and the suggested response on community is to go back to 2015 from the original source - that was Quicken automatic too.

Quicken 2016 - Only problem I had was that I could not get online. So after going to the forum, I found out I should manually update the software. I was on R2 and R8 was available. I did and had no problems registering or getting the program to function. Intuit should automatically update the software before you begin to use. I can't understand why so many people have problems installing. Locate resources and proceed. Yes Intuit should do things a lot better but use your head if you are a PC user.

I bought Quicken with enhanced Payroll. Scraping off the silver cover over the license number removed two of the numbers. Despite the ad and the quick start guide, I cannot reach a live person. You need a license number to talk to anyone live. Their computer hung up on me twice, and I got the idea. The claim that you can speak to a live person for problems is a bunch of lies. Never buy from this company again, but can't find a competing product. Intuit has the market?? And why doesn't our regulators put an end to fraudulent claims. I will take this product back to the vendor, and use something else. Maybe a payroll service.

This is most likely one of the worst investments I have made not only of my money, but my time. I have Quicken 2014. It has had multiple problems with downloading accounts as well as importing transactions. The online chat customer support experience has been absolutely time consuming and unhelpful. The customer support rep I used just an hour ago asked me to download a particular browser so he could allegedly view my screen to help me. After almost an hour with this rep on chat trying to get all the necessary downloads for him to "help" me, the problem with Quicken was still not solved. In the process, my computer picked up a virus from his required downloads, that I then had to spend another hour or so on another chat getting the virus problem resolved with Geek Squad (who, by the way did their job superbly).

Prior to this experience I had spent 2.5 hours on a chat line with another agent trying to get my issues resolved. I did not pick up a virus on that chat session, but so far I am 3.5 hours into it with support and the problem is still not solved! I have not been able to use quicken effectively and am still stymied. I have tried unsuccessfully to set up an additional account. Each time I do, I get prompted to login to Intuit. Each time I try to log into the Intuit interface, I am with a message told that they are unable to process my request at this time. The message asks for me to try at another time as there are issues on their end. I have been trying for the past three days. I wonder how long it would take them to fix "their" issue! I suppose if I had the time and/or mindset to read the Quicken books, to scan through the endless online archives of user experiences I could get some good use out of the program. But who has that time?

I find it also ironic that the company calls itself Intuit. There is nothing intuitive about the current version of the program. I think the company is a scam and I would warn anyone away from this company and this program. You sell a person a software program, and then don't really provide support for it? If it were a free or near free download, I'd see the sense of that, but for a program costing in the hundred + range. I have spent so much time trying (and not succeeding) to get this program to work, that I have not been able to get to the work of actually taking care of my books, which I very much need to do! Is it back to old fashioned spread sheets for me? Quite possibly if I cannot get the endless loops of problems ironed out.

For the consumers who were tricked into upgrading Quicken 2012 or later, which requires every 3 years with an extortion fee to upgrade in order to continue using transaction download services, you should contact Eric Dunn, CEO of Quicken, at ** and ask him to abolish its extortion practice. Before Quicken 2012, when I used the previous Quicken versions, they did not require to be updated every 3 years. In 2012, Quicken offered me to upgrade to 2012, but it did not disclose that it would restrict the download transaction features to 3 years. So it was Quicken's sleight of hand and possibly illegal practices to do that in its upgrade to Quicken 2012.

Intuit - Quicken Company Profile