Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Intuit - Quicken Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quicken?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quicken?

Original review: July 8, 2020

Used Quicken over 20 years. I tried to open Quicken and received a message that Quicken could not open. It said to try to open again, if that did not open Quicken to call the number listed. (This occurred right after a update of Quicken). I called the number. They took control of my computer and said that it was not a software issue rather corrupted files and it would require a fee to restore my data. My alternative was to eliminate 20 years of data and reload the program which I did rather than pay a fee. I wrote a letter to Quicken and received a phone call. I was told that there was no record of my phone call to Quicken. Since I eliminated my data they could provide no assistance and did not offer any resolution. I used on line Quicken only to update stocks quotes and everything else I did manually. As a result, I will never trust Quicken and would never put any sensitive information into the program.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I have used Quicken for many years purchasing the software outright. Now, Quicken is attempting to force me to switch to a subscription model, urging me to upgrade to their new system with hidden threats and now the frequent occurrence of crashes which had never happened before since I first began to use Quicken over 16 years ago. Is this a ploy to force me to upgrade?

Is time for Attorney General to stop companies from changing course and forcing consumers to continue to support their products under new conditions that were not explained at the time of the purchase of the product. If more of us write complains to the State and the Office of Consumer Affairs, it may be possible to punish these companies that are now seeking to rewrite the conditions of purchasing of goods. Is there any decent lawyer that is willing to start this reaction. Quicken is doing the same thing that Wink attempted to do with a different item.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2020

My question: why does the download transactions flag stay on? No help. One technician wanted me to close my present account and create new ones. MUCH work for me. I SAID, "NO. Gave me phone # to call back later." I used search GOOGLE and found this: Quicken Windows - red flag but no transactions to review bug. I GOT: Spring Davidson Member February 2018 edited April 2019 in FAQ'S (Windows) I used this and fixed my problem. My big question is "WHY COULDN'T the Technician show me this."

Original review: May 29, 2020

I agree with most of the problems with the "NEW" Quicken. Although hard to find a better product given 20 years experience using the Old Quicken (non-sub), many of the issues may be SEC, GAAP, among other serious issues with "NEW" Quicken. There are plenty of software bugs including screen skewing issues (compatibility most likely with WIN/PC Platforms), refresh issues with login, verify after trying to add bank/credit card numbers, account numbers on credit card paying, flexibility on "PAY" immediate, knowing really what service is handling bill pay (??? Old Bill Pay, or New Bill Manager/Bill Pay, how to cancel old expiring Quicken BILL Pay..many, many more...QUICKEN Software development needs to address many of these issues and more or you will not have a customer base. IT SHOULD BE AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT if problems, tech support, functionality, feature(s) improvement is addressed.

Original review: May 20, 2020

The new owners have replaced QuickenBillPay with Quick Pay (direct electronic payment) and Check Pay (they will send a check). Neither of these are intuitively designed, neither work as advertised. I paid for Premier, with the included premium tech support -- after two hours in the first two weeks, I figured out how to do some things MYSELF. Tech support was useless - they don't know the product, they don't know how to make it work. AND there are monthly quotas = limits to the number of bills you can pay per month. And no apparent mechanism to increase that. As soon as I find time, I will replace the mess. After 20 years of loyalty to this product, you'd think they would have been ready for prime time before railroading people into a beta version.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I purchased Quicken to capture and report my bank and credit card transactions. The Quicken file (.qfx) export function on the website was working fine until the end of February. It was at that time that the export started showing purchases on the card as debits and payments as credits. This completely messed up my reporting. Logged an issue with their customer support on March 5th. After a number of followups both online and through their support line I received the following response on April 10th.

"I apologize in the delay in responding as we have received a larger than normal volume. I apologize about this issue of not being able to export your transactions to Quicken. I do see an agent sent a ticket to the technical team supporting the online system; however I do not have a time frame when this will be resolved. Unfortunately, just to let you know, this is not a priority or an issue for most cardholders so will likely not be looked into for some time due to nature of the times."

I appreciate the fact that they are receiving a larger than normal volume, and my issue being low priority, but over two months to resolve a simple technical issue (not an enhancement request) speaks volumes of their inability to support this customer facing service. On the occasion of the call to their support line, the representative taking my call and recording my issue clearly had no experience with computers, web browsers or the functionality of their own website. An overall frustrating experience and worries me if I run into a real financial issue with transactions or points.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I have been a Quicken user for over 20 years. Like many others, I am unhappy with the new renewal fee program. What used to cost $40 every 3 years, now costs $53.11 each year! I'm looking for an alternate program, but it seems Quicken is the best. Maybe Quicken management will start reading these reviews and offer a more reasonable fee program.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I have used Quicken and QuickBooks for many years. In every case, I purchased the software outright. I was using Quicken 2017 until now. Quicken made the decision to go to a subscription model and have been urging an upgrade. As of May 1, 2020, they disabled some features in the older versions, rendering them much more difficult to use. (Downloading bank activity, etc..). I'm sure their lawyers have figured out a way to make it legal, but, in my opinion, they took away features that I had purchased. Legal recourse is probably a waste of money and time, but I will never do business with Intuit again.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I have been a Quicken user and utilizing Bill Pay for 20 years. In November while using Quicken 2017 I lost the ability to use Bill Pay. No one at Quicken could answer why and at Bill Pay, I received a bit more explanation and that Quicken was rolling out the new subscription platform and this could be related. All Quicken could offer for repair was that I subscribe and that my Q2017 would no longer be supported beginning in April.

So, I subscribed to Quicken Premiere Q2020. Unfortunately, not disclosed before this purchase, Q2020 will not utilize Bill Pay and you must use Quicken's Bill Manager. None of this and what follows was disclosed in the offering advertisement. So, I subscribed to Bill Manager which when I got it set up I learned 1) you cannot schedule payment (you make payment the moment it is entered), 2) that you get very few uses of the payment system and have to pay to use the same number provided with the Bill Pay service, 3) that even if you did want to purchase additional bill payments - you can't as it is not yet offered, 4) none of the Payee information carries over to Bill Manager so if you have 50 accounts that you use from time to time you better have your accounts information available to set them up in Bill Manager, and so on.

In short - I canceled my Q2020 subscription and am looking for another software solution or I will just pay bills through my bank's online service. My loss was many hours of waiting online to talk to support agents (the promise in the advertisement that Premiere provides quicker support is not true unless you feel a minimum of 40 minutes for each call is faster). I do very much appreciate the sensitivity of the technical support people and their good character as they must be getting a lot of fallout from what must be a money grab scheme devised by a change in Quicken ownership. My advice, run away from Quicken 2020 until they have a working product to offer that will at least do as well as the previous product.

Original review: March 11, 2020

2 days ago I renewed my Quicken program. It used to really chafe me that they wanted renewal every 3 years. Now we are forced to renew every year which means they have tripled their revenue. In spite of that they are too cheap to hire support personnel. I wasted 2-1/2 hours today trying to get through to ask why they havent provided a download for the program I purchased. After all these years they seem to have gone out of their way screw up what should be a seamless procedure.

Intuit - Quicken Company Information