Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

2.2/5 (919 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Intuit - Quicken

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Intuit - Quicken Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quicken?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quicken?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I have been a Quicken user for 10+ years. I used Quicken for all my bills. The new platform on Quicken Bill Pay gives me zero confidence that my payments are done as scheduled and on time. I have to run updates daily to ensure payments and billing cycles are up to date. To update billing it takes too long for the current billing cycle to appear, gives warning about dates being set for future payments that are too short in time without the opportunity to set payments for future times such as vacation. The system seems to be lagging in its ability to link with Payees, sometimes passwords are accepted and other times not. There is no credibility in the new platform and is not user friendly. I don't this the new platform was tested well before public release. I would rate this product as a zero-star if possible.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I have been a long and loyal user of Quicken for the last 23+ years. I have on a daily basis downloaded transactions from my numerous banking and investing accounts and have NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS, until recently. I have spent the last 3 weeks trying to update and reconcile my accounts to no avail. After struggling to find solutions on my own I finally called Quicken Support. I have spent the last 4 day, making 5 different calls totaling a 3 1/2 hours and STILL NO SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM. I have now spent the last hour trying to find a number to call here in the USA (all calls are routed to Guatemala) to complain and find the next level of help. I will give them one more chance, (someone is suppose to call me tomorrow from the home office) to fix my problem or I will delete Quicken and try to find another financial software program.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Moved over to Quicken in November after 8 years using another product. Main reason for switch was the online bill payment service. Switched all accounts over and set up the online payment service (which was quite convoluted, difficult and time consuming) and finally got it working. Was working very nicely and was able to pay all bills either electronically or through checks they would write. Come August, Quicken changed companies and now I have a limit of 12 electronic payments and 3 physical checks - limits I did not have before. Now, in order to get the same experience I had before, I will have to pay $49.95 a month (basically $600 more a year) to get the same number of transactions!!!

Needless to say the transition to the new service has been another total nightmare that took me hours on technical support lines (and I'm pretty technically savvy) and has not worked flawlessly - I've actually had some late payments due to the transition. I spent the last hour going through 3 levels of supervisors to all tell me basically "tough". You either sign up to pay more or you're out of luck. Horrible customer service. If anyone knows of a class action - I'm jumping on it. This is the biggest bait and switch I've ever seen.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I have been a Quicken customer for a number of years. It has been "OK" at best, but yesterday they trashed it. I had to do the newest upgrade and it blew away my data. I have spent hours trying to fix and their advice and customer service in general were horrible!! Certainly will look for an option now!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Like others here, I have used Quicken for 20+ years though it has always been subpar software. It has always had issues syncing, paying bills, adding accounts, generating reports. However, most recently they have removed their only useful remaining unique feature: online bill payment. They claim to have replaced it with a new "Quicken Bill Manager" but this feature does not work, and will only cause users to waste frustrating hours attempting to use it. Do not purchase this software. If you are an existing customer, like me, you have my profound sympathy. I will revert to using my bank's online bill payment system.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I have been a loyal quicken user for about 20 years. I rarely had issues except during their upgrades, which were usually rectified fairly quickly. Since the switch to their new Billpay feature, it has been nothing but frustration, and I still can't pay my bills online through Quicken. I used to spend about 5-10 minutes twice a month to pay bills online using Quicken. Now, each time I try to pay bills through Quicken, I spend countless hours re-entering information I had already entered before, trying to figure out why bill payments failed, chatting online or on the phone with their support, only to not be able to pay my bills.

In two months, I have only had about 3 bills successfully go through (out of many attempts). I have resorted to using vendor websites, my bank website and writing checks the old-fashioned way. Why they took a system that functioned well and replaced it with something that, even if it does work, if far more complicated, less intuitive, less flexible (cannot pay a bill until the system pulls in the bill amount from the vendor website, even if you know exactly what amount you need to pay) and highly frustrating! Quicken Billpay is a TOTAL fail!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I have been an avid Quicken user for over 25 years. I would always update to the most recent version. Up until it became a subscription service, I was a staunch supporter and relied on the software to help me keep accurate track of my finances. This year however, every time I did an online update all my account balances were in disagreement. Correcting this required hours of painstaking reconciliation to weed out incorrect and duplicate transactions. This was rewarded with another scrambling of balances at the next online update. This is too much work.

I have stopped using the program and scan my accounts online now. I may not get the reporting about where I am spending but at least I don't have to spend hours every month trying to correct Quicken accounts. The Help support system has a very poor handle on how the software works and is not helpful. I am switching to Moneyspire. As long as I have to go through everything manually this seems to work just as well.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I have been using Quicken since it first came out. They just changed their bill payment system. It is the worst thing I have ever seen. It takes many more steps, it's much more complicated and you can't set up bills to pay more than 2 months out. I will definitely look into other finance programs and other bill payment systems.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I've used Quicken for over 10 years, and was a very satisfied customer until they went to software as a service SAS model. Since then I have had more difficulty using the product with barriers like having to log in to my Quicken account, to lost data, file corruption, and lockups. I spent 45 minutes the other day trying to pay one bill. Frustration is getting high! Starting to seem like a checkbook and ledger would be less time consuming as a bill pay method. Quicken - Go back to selling software that works. You don't have the on-line model figured out yet. This rant was initiated by my trying to download my account data at 11:30 on a Saturday morning and getting the message: "Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes, then try again. We apologize for the inconvenience." Apologies don't get the job done!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

New ownership, management, proclaimed attitude has not changed to quality or reliability of this product. Nor has the increase in revenue generated by switching to a annual fees. The lack of competition mean as users we have no choice. Other leading software that I use does not crash, drop transactions at download, offer no tools to repair these issues, limited support etc. Exporting of data continues to be weak, and inflexibility of the interface an issue. Let's hope the competitors step up so can switch. One star is generous.

Intuit - Quicken Company Information