2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Dell Finance provides financing options for consumers, businesses and nonprofit organizations. Services include online account management and paperless statements. Customer service is available by phone, mail and online.

Dell Finance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

After I cancel Freedom Debit Relief back in 2013 I never got a statement from Dell. So in 2019 they sell my account. I would of thought that Dell would of sent a statement after I cancel Freedom Debit Relief.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

99 percent of all banks have grace periods. But DELL FIN don't. How is this even legal. They charge a 39.00 late fee if it 12:00 am. Let's assume 2 hrs late. Well if you live in California good luck - you will always be late. We financed a laptop for 3100 and it's been 11 months now. Every month 39.00 late fee so 400 dollars of this is all late fees. Currently still owe 2880. How on earth can you allow this. Paid 1200 but really 400 in late fees and payments still owe 2880. Sound pretty fishy to me. I think I'm going to contact 20/20 to see if they can get to the bottom of this.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I bought a desktop last May. Deal was I pay off before year is out and I pay no interest. Great I could do that, so I started making extra payments to DFS. Well I log into my DFS online acct one day and notice a payment is missing. Yes I should have been checking monthly but I didn’t, my bad. Turns out more than one payment was missing. I call Dell and so begins the most frustrating 'customer service' circus I have ever encountered. The agents I talked with couldn’t seem to understand what I was trying to get across, which was basically "excuse me Dell! You did not credit my account for the extra payments made online from me from my bank!" After much going back & forth they seemed to "get it" so I had to send them info from my bank showing all the extra payments I made including the non credited one.

Well, you would think for a 'financial service all they would need to do now (at least in my apparently ignorant mind) would be to compare what my bank showed it sent, to Dell Financial Services records. They said since I didn’t inform them first that I would be making extra payments, it went to a different part of Dell & they would have to "hunt them down." If you counted on DFS to 'Find Waldo' he would forever be lost. How can a 'Financial Service' NOT find payments made from a bank to them? Are they just trained monkeys working there??? In the meantime they are continuing to deduct my automatic payments monthly; it took me getting major poed at them & threatening with BBB action to light a fire under their bums & STILL took several months to even come to an agreed amount owed me. Finally 5 weeks ago they said they would send me a refund in the agreed amount.

In the meantime I had paid off the pc w/o interest. Thank god & I made sure they had closed the account online as I no longer trusted them not to keep dinging me monthly. Well according to their website it should take a week to 10 days to receive a refund. So yes, once again I had to call them and ask "here is my refund". They said they sent a check a month ago (which I never received) for an amount that was less than the agreed on amount. So again more 'checking' for them. I was told I would receive an email verifying that a check was sent. Never got that either.

Yesterday I received the refund check...and you guessed it, it is not in the correct agreed upon amount but $100 less so now I have to call them AGAIN. At this point I am having to wear a hat to cover the bald spots from pulling my hair out in frustration dealing with these financial 'geniuses'. I really like my desktop & that is the sad part because I will NEVER EVER buy a big ticket item from Dell again because of their horrible, kindergarten level financial dept. I don’t understand why Dell would use such a 'service' ‘cause it sure as heck isn't a 'service' to anyone.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I got Dell Financial Service account last year (2018) to buy 5 big Dell products including laptop, desktop, etc before which they verified me. This year however my account balance was retrieved by me and as I moved to new place, I ordered a Samsung TV with memorial day sale on 24th May 2019. The order went through and gave me ETA of 5th June, 2019. However, on checking delivery status on 4th June 2019, I found the order was cancelled.

I called the customer service they asked me all of questions including my address, my account number (which is hard to find as they do not have any phone apps) and identification question. I went with it to find out they had to transfer me to their accounts team, again they asked me same questions and figured they need to transfer me to sales people and then verification department (as they again verified my identity) and then again Sales team (to confirm the order). I went on wasting an hour on their call. The new order was suppose to come on 17th June 2019. On 16th June I got to know they again need to verify me for no good reason. Today is 21st June 2019 and I'm still not able to order a TV for my apartment wasting fastest AT&T Internet on just my phone.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have no problem with my desktop PC, but I am still stunned to find out that the only way to make payments to DFS is to link a checking account. Are these people still doing accounting with pencil and abacus? This is 2019 and I have to use a 3rd party (DOXO) just to be able to make payments, using methods that are convenient to ME, not Dell. Wow, has this company gone downhill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Finance?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I bought an Alienware computer in 2016 and used the recommended Dell Financial Services to pay for my computer. I set up an autopay and the linked account is where I put my salary in, that means it will always have a balance. Someday I have received an email saying that my DFS payment is past due. I checked my account and found somehow the autopay was closed by someone (Only I know the password and I never did that. Why do I do this? There is no reason). I did not check my balance that time because I believe in Dell which is a big company and finally when I found that I have been still paying the loan until 2019 (this loan is 12 months which should end in 2017).

I called the DFS customer services and the customer services representative named Kathy told me because for the 78$ late pay (because of I don't know why my autopay is shut off, maybe DFS intended to). I have a penalty of 276$ the moment I did not make the 78$ pay in time. That is cheating customers and I will definitely ask everyone I know not using your DFS anymore.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Dell Financial Services is the worst company to have a credit account with. They will tell you that you have a promotional, no interest card, but purchases made within the promotional period after opening the card do not go towards this promotional balance. This is not explained at all and when I tried contacting them, they kept telling me I should call and when I called there would always be a wait. Additionally, their interest rate is based on a variable rate that is usually around 30%. Their computers are not good enough to have this much hassle over. In the future I will be purchasing a completely different brand of computer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I just noticed I am still paying 30% interest, even though I called to make payment arrangements with an interest rate of 4%. I called this morning and got a girl from the Philippines who proceeded to read me a scripted bit of nonsense as to "We give you an interest rate based on your credit worthiness. We never give you a lower rate." So much for Dell keeping its word. Thieves.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I wish I would give zero. I have taken Dell XPS from Dell for 1400 dollars and I have taken for 1 year interest free and I put a auto payment for 13 months by mistake and I forget. After 12 months completed I left with remaining amount of 100 bugs or so. But they charged the 30% interest for the total amount of 1400 dollars which is insane. I people are going for the scam make sure you pay off the loan using any bank loan where interest charge is very less than this.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I bought a 65" Vizio tv on 7/16/18 and financed through Dell. The tv was delivered through a delivery company called Pilot. A appointment for the delivery was set for 7/23/18 between the hours of 1500 and 1900 pm (just use standard hours with an am or pm). It was delivered on 7/23/18 hours early. Good thing I was home to receive it because it needed to be signed for. The instructions to the delivery company from Dell was that it should be a 2 man delivery, which made sense because the box was over 5' tall and weighed over 50 lbs. There was only 1 delivery person who came to my door and dragged it in. We purchased a new wall mount for it the next day and proceeded to install it. We had it mounted on the wall and before we removed any of the protective screen coverings we plugged it in. Boy were we disappointed to see that there was nothing on the screen but the pixels had jagged lines all over the screen.

We then proceeded to take the tv down and put it back into the box. Since Dell closes at 5:00 PM PST they were not open to take my call. I called the next day to request a replacement and was reassured it would be sent express (this was confirmed by an email from Dell). Then I received an email saying it was shipped and it showed a delivery date of 8/1/18, which was a week out. Called to make an inquiry and was told it would come the next day. The next day I called and was told no it would come on 8/1/18. I requested a price adjustment for the hassle and what about the interest I will be charged for not even having a working tv. The rep told me he would check into that and call me by the end of the day. Well NO call.

Dell is a joke. They will be shipping it out with the same delivery company and the date of 8/1/18 is not a date we will be available. So who knows when the tv will be up and working if the replacement even WORKS. I called Vizio and they confirmed the symptoms the screen is displaying is it was dropped. I would love to give you a review on the tv but I paid for it and who knows when I will get it. The sad part is I submitted this exact review on the Dell website. Two days later I received an email saying they would not post my review. What a crappy company. Too scared to have people learn the truth about them.

Dell Finance Company Information