Dell Finance
1.23/5
Based on 130 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a loan company?

Dell Finance

520 Dell Finance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have no problem with my desktop PC, but I am still stunned to find out that the only way to make payments to DFS is to link a checking account. Are these people still doing accounting with pencil and abacus? This is 2019 and I have to use a 3rd party (DOXO) just to be able to make payments, using methods that are convenient to ME, not Dell. Wow, has this company gone downhill.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I bought an Alienware computer in 2016 and used the recommended Dell Financial Services to pay for my computer. I set up an autopay and the linked account is where I put my salary in, that means it will always have a balance. Someday I have received an email saying that my DFS payment is past due. I checked my account and found somehow the autopay was closed by someone (Only I know the password and I never did that. Why do I do this? There is no reason). I did not check my balance that time because I believe in Dell which is a big company and finally when I found that I have been still paying the loan until 2019 (this loan is 12 months which should end in 2017).

I called the DFS customer services and the customer services representative named Kathy told me because for the 78$ late pay (because of I don't know why my autopay is shut off, maybe DFS intended to). I have a penalty of 276$ the moment I did not make the 78$ pay in time. That is cheating customers and I will definitely ask everyone I know not using your DFS anymore.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
    Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Dell Financial Services is the worst company to have a credit account with. They will tell you that you have a promotional, no interest card, but purchases made within the promotional period after opening the card do not go towards this promotional balance. This is not explained at all and when I tried contacting them, they kept telling me I should call and when I called there would always be a wait. Additionally, their interest rate is based on a variable rate that is usually around 30%. Their computers are not good enough to have this much hassle over. In the future I will be purchasing a completely different brand of computer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I just noticed I am still paying 30% interest, even though I called to make payment arrangements with an interest rate of 4%. I called this morning and got a girl from the Philippines who proceeded to read me a scripted bit of nonsense as to "We give you an interest rate based on your credit worthiness. We never give you a lower rate." So much for Dell keeping its word. Thieves.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I wish I would give zero. I have taken Dell XPS from Dell for 1400 dollars and I have taken for 1 year interest free and I put a auto payment for 13 months by mistake and I forget. After 12 months completed I left with remaining amount of 100 bugs or so. But they charged the 30% interest for the total amount of 1400 dollars which is insane. I people are going for the scam make sure you pay off the loan using any bank loan where interest charge is very less than this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: July 28, 2018

I bought a 65" Vizio tv on 7/16/18 and financed through Dell. The tv was delivered through a delivery company called Pilot. A appointment for the delivery was set for 7/23/18 between the hours of 1500 and 1900 pm (just use standard hours with an am or pm). It was delivered on 7/23/18 hours early. Good thing I was home to receive it because it needed to be signed for. The instructions to the delivery company from Dell was that it should be a 2 man delivery, which made sense because the box was over 5' tall and weighed over 50 lbs. There was only 1 delivery person who came to my door and dragged it in. We purchased a new wall mount for it the next day and proceeded to install it. We had it mounted on the wall and before we removed any of the protective screen coverings we plugged it in. Boy were we disappointed to see that there was nothing on the screen but the pixels had jagged lines all over the screen.

We then proceeded to take the tv down and put it back into the box. Since Dell closes at 5:00 PM PST they were not open to take my call. I called the next day to request a replacement and was reassured it would be sent express (this was confirmed by an email from Dell). Then I received an email saying it was shipped and it showed a delivery date of 8/1/18, which was a week out. Called to make an inquiry and was told it would come the next day. The next day I called and was told no it would come on 8/1/18. I requested a price adjustment for the hassle and what about the interest I will be charged for not even having a working tv. The rep told me he would check into that and call me by the end of the day. Well NO call.

Dell is a joke. They will be shipping it out with the same delivery company and the date of 8/1/18 is not a date we will be available. So who knows when the tv will be up and working if the replacement even WORKS. I called Vizio and they confirmed the symptoms the screen is displaying is it was dropped. I would love to give you a review on the tv but I paid for it and who knows when I will get it. The sad part is I submitted this exact review on the Dell website. Two days later I received an email saying they would not post my review. What a crappy company. Too scared to have people learn the truth about them.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I would not recommend utilizing this Dell Preferred System! The late fees will bog you down plus they will screw you on interest charges! A $1500 PC will end up being $2500! Dell will laugh all the way to the bank on you and their customer service couldn't care less!

Original review: May 26, 2018

For the last 12 months I have made 15 payments to Dell Financial. I also pay 5 times the minimum payment but I still got a late fee!!! I demanded that Dell Financial apply the late fees to my principle without delay. This week, I received my bill and Dell Financial has not returned the erroneous late fees that they charged me.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Never in my life have I ever dealt with a company that lies and steals money from your account like this company does. If you're thinking about having anything to do with Dell rethink it. They will steal your money. It will cause you a nightmare. I am still trying to straighten this out after 3 months. Don't do it. Don't buy anything from Dell. Dell computers knows what Dell financial's doing and they will not do anything about it. Not only will they charge you the wrong amount of money. When you say something about it they'll just charge you again and then they want to charge you again. Don't do it. Stay away from them. Can't stress that enough. Just don't buy from Dell computers. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it.

Original review: March 7, 2018

This is a horrible company. I am in Florida and got hit by a Cat 4 Hurricane in September 2017. Got behind on my account, and this no good company had no sympathy at all. Closed my account because I got behind on my payment, even when I called them and explained my circumstances. I am glad though, because I am tired of having to deal with the idiots out of this country. I will pay them off and the next time I am in the market for a computer, I will make sure to buy anything but a Dell product!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Do not use Dell services. They are untruthful and will do whatever and say whatever for a sale. I was taken advantage of and a simple $2000 purchase has already cost my family $6000 and when we call them they offer a whole $50 discount. At the end of the day this computer would cost us over $10,000 if we had not contacted Dell. I know it is up to me to understand what I signed up for but this company will use every trick in the book to get you hooked. Don't trust their sales people no matter how honest they seem. They have been trained to scam you. In our case we are screwed and it is a hard lesson that has definitely made me more aware that most sales people cannot be trusted and that this company are scammers. Hope others read this and do not fall into their trap.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I bought a laptop in 2009 from Dell. My payments were $15 a month. The laptop cost $799. I noticed this month they were still taking payments out of my account. December 2017. I called them to find out why and was told I still have a balance of $400. With their finance plan it will take a total of 16 years to pay off a $799 laptop. The total cost being $2880. That information was not given to me or explained at the time of sale. I purchased it over the phone. Insanity. I would never had agreed to these terms had they been explained to me. Very misleading.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I was on the phone with #Dell rep Vin for an hour trying to figure out why I was assessed a LATE FEE when I am signed up for #autopay. According to #Dell's autopay authorization form, Section 3: "We will automatically deduct the "Minimum Payment Due" on your statement even if the amount specified in "Specific Amount" is less than "Minimum Payment Due." So, Vin proceeds to tell me that I set up autopay online instead of mailing in an autopay form, thus preventing Dell from taking the minimum payment due because Dell "does not have the ability to modify the amount automatically withdrawn from your account if you set up autopay online."

And, yet, #Dell has taken different amounts from my account, which, according to Vin, could ONLY have happened if I modified the amount online; however, I never modified any payment amounts. Isn't the whole purpose of setting up autopay to avoid late fees? So, Dell has one autopay rule for people who fill out their autopay agreement form and mail it in and a different autopay rule for people who sign up for autopay online? And, instead of crediting my account for breaching its own #autopay agreement, Vin informs me that he can create a "case" with my request for a waiver of the #late fee and someone will contact me within 24-48 hours with a decision. Really? Is that how it works when Dell breaches its own contract?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I've been doing business with Dell off and on since 1999. Why should anything change. I need a new laptop for business. I open up an acct online 10/17/17. Approved for 15k, I don't get any correspondence for 3 weeks. No account number. Finally received11/17/17, Place order 11/20/17, Order is declined 11/21/17, after several hours on the phone I'm told to contact sales to reprocess. The order was cancelled. No longer exists. Frustrated I go back online thru the PDFs, my account portal and click on make a purchase, I place another order 11/23/17 at 11:00 am "Black Friday sale. The order is once again denied 11/24/17, after speaking to several robotic representatives that have all been taught to talk like robots. I'm told the order can now be reprocessed, again it's been cancelled and non existent.

After verifying my information at least 6 times on the 11/24/17 I'm assured all is good and my order would be rewritten by sales and expedited. Not! I wake up from a nap only to have received 4 emails with several quotes and items missing from the original order. I log on and my account is in red and is being blocked. Again I call DFS customer support and again they want to verify my account information to remove the block on my account. When I asked when my order would be released and shipped. I got "what order"?? I proceeded to give an accurate order number, again the order had been canceled.

If you want a decent computer. Buy an Apple. No one should go thru this kind of crap just to do business. Unfortunately this is how Dell operates company wide. After everything said and done. I verified my information 6 times today and got nowhere. No computer on the way. Do yourself a big favor. Don't bother attempting to utilize Dell Financial Services to finance anything, for that matter you're better off buying anything other than a Dell...

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Wow - I just had the same experience as S. of Wilmington, only worse. I too ordered a Dell system on Oct. 16 and chose the no-interest-for-a-year financing. Like S., they put a hold on my order for verification and also like S., they used an old phone number that I gave up a decade ago instead of my current number given with my order. But here’s where mine gets worse. I waited ten days for the mailed code. They said it would take me 5-7 days to receive, but it never came. I called them back and they said they’d have to send me another one. I waited ten more days – still no code. It was now 20 days after my order and I was desperate for a new computer because my old Dell system had died. I had no choice but to call Dell Sales and have them put my order on my credit card so they would release it.

More good news! The system now has parts on back order (which wasn’t the case at the time of my original order) and would be delayed an additional three weeks. My estimated delivery date is now Nov. 29, over six weeks from my order date. This is how Dell treats someone who’s been a Dell customer and has had an account with them, for 20 years. It’s not just a customer service horror story, it’s also illegal. I’m going to the Better Business Bureau and charging Dell with false advertising: Enticing customers to make a purchase to receive a benefit and then refusing to honor it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am furious. I opened the account on 10/14. On 10/16 I placed an order for a laptop. They held the order for account verification. I called them and they told me I needed to verify my phone number so they could send me a pin number via text. Well the number they have is an old number they retrieved from public records. It is not even the one I used to open the account and place the order. They refused to use the current number to release the hold. I verified my address and social security number, but they still would not release the hold or cancel the order. I have to wait for a pin in the mail which takes 5-7 business days. I needed the laptop before that, which is why I requested expedited service. So now I'm stuck with no laptop and a useless account. I HATE DELL AND DFS. I will warn everyone I know in my workplace, including procurement, to stay away.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Hi, I bought a Dell XPS 13 a year ago, set up with the customer service Mohammad to pay everything in a year. I'm not that good with those pages of user agreements, so I was very cautious to ask everything, so I don't get charged by that 22% interest rate. They set me up to pay equal payment for 12 month. I was very cautious to pay everything every month, then at the end of 12months, they still sent me bills + interest charges. When I called their customer service team, they said, "you have to pay the bill for 12 month+interest rate, then we refund you, everything need to be done within 12months." Since I didn't pay the interest rate within that 12 month with that equal payment, I now need to pay that extra 22% interest without an refund.

Frankly, I got screwed, it's either I find a lawyer or I have to pay that bill. I had messages saved with conversation with their employees that I asked if this amount is the total I need to pay every month to avoid interest charge. They said yes, but as someone not very familiar with legal grounds, to avoid troubles, I paid it this time. However, I will never buy from Dell again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I've been reading some of the reviews of DFS on this site and conclude that perhaps the situations with Customer Service has changed. In my experience, I have been able to obtain quick resolution to problems that I either caused or were caused as a result of confusion on my part about the way to resolve the issue. I purchased a Dell Laptop in September of 2016 and financed it through the Deferred Payment Program. It was due to expire on 9/14/17 and prior to that I had updated my automatic payment to pay the balance in full. I did not notice that a minimum payment had already been scheduled and was paid instead.

The day following I contacted DFS CS to resolve the issue. I was able to make a telephone payment to pay the balance in full. Of course, when I checked my statement the Deferred Payment Interest had been charged to my account. I immediately called CS to request that the charge be waived. The agent put me on hold twice to confirm the situation and conferred with her supervisor to approve the waiver. Later that day, I received email confirmation of the waiver of deferred interest and when I checked my account today was able to confirm that the deferred interest had been reversed. All in all, my experience with Dell Financial Services Customer Service by phone has been positive and I have gotten the results I hoped to achieve. As noted above, I believe that times have changed at Dell and they are listening.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I purchased a laptop from Dell in April 2017 under the terms, there would be no interest charged if paid in full within 12 months. At six months all interest that would have been charged for the purchase price of the laptop was assessed. I paid my bill on time each month as per the agreement, so I did not default. Calling Dell was a dead end, as they claim it was a six month agreement. All their calls and messenger chats are supposedly recorded, but they can't locate mine, and will not reverse the charges. I've also never been able to activate premium program included in the purchase price of the laptop, and they won't refund the price of the programs. If you are reading this, shop elsewhere.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I was/am a victim of identity theft late November of 2016. It was brought to my attention by changes to my AT&T account. I was soon contacted by Chase, Visa, MasterCard, AT&T, etc... immediately after the fraudulent activity was caught, BY THEM. In knowing there may have been other fraud activity from this theft, I ran my credit report and reached out to 3 other credit checks on my credit report that I did not recognize. Of those, 2 were legitimate credit checks, but the Dell Financial was not. I called the number given on the Credit Report, reaching a defunct number. I called the new number given out by recording on that one. Finally reaching them, due to communication issues and lengthy hold times, I was on the phone for over an hour, but my fraud claim was filed. Problem solved... so I had thought.

Weeks later I received a letter (1/23/17) briefly stating the investigation had been "completed", and the claim was not accepted due to "We could not verify your claim". No name, no contact information, no help. So I had to make another phone call from my personal notes, utilizing the previously mentioned new number. I spent more time on hold, more explaining to service members that I cannot fully access this account due to it NOT being MY account. More transfers to other departments/service members where I experienced the same communication issues, the same questions, the same inability to help me or answer any questions. Very unprofessional, and infuriating experience, but I persevered and stayed calm. I was ensured it was being addressed, conversation ended at nearly 2 hours on the phone.

Nothing more from Dell Financial until another letter 2 weeks later (2/6/17) with information on how to address my identity theft in ways I had already not only addressed, but had closed out with every other financial institution! Closed out easily, and pleasantly, with one (1) phone call typically lasting about 10-30 minutes, and then within a week receiving copies of letters sent out retracting the credit checks from all 3 credit bureaus. Simple, yet somehow Dell was unable to perform at their level of professionalism. Multiple phone calls later, getting continually more frustrated at having to reach out, not getting any return calls, and not getting anywhere with the phone communications, being on hold for extended amounts of time, being told that they don't have access to my account information, etc. Spending HOURS more of my time, wasted.

On 3/7/17, after weeks of hearing nothing from Dell, I received another letter that again denied my claim of this account being fraudulent - exactly the same form letter as previously received with no real information or contact numbers/names... again, zero help. I called, again, was on hold for an extended amount of time, again, and after the first service member could not help me (as expected, again) I firmly, and admittedly I am sure I must have sounded harsh being very upset, I told the service member to transfer me to a Manager. On hold for another 15 minutes. Manager came on and it was the same conversation complete inability to provide Service of any sort, apologizing and condescending "I understand sir" over and over, but unable to DO anything. He proceeded to pawn me off on another service member that is and supposedly has been managing my account investigation.

I very nearly completely lost all of what composure I had left at that time. I (very) firmly requested that I be contacted the following day by the service person managing my fraud claim and hung up. Surprise, then next day, No phone call, nothing. This level of mismanagement of fraud is ridiculous. It is the most horrible customer service I've had the displeasure of dealing with. I will be posting the above statements in every public form available, and reporting Dell Financial to the BBB and FTC as soon as I am able. This lender sounds and feels like a shady scam outfit. I would highly recommend NEVER doing business, of any sort, with Dell Financial and I will be sure to get this warning out to as many as possible. This is just a start!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I opened a DPA account on 1/24/2017 and received an email that I would get the account number in the mail to start the payment process. I waited till 2/10/2017 and after no such mail arrived I called into their customer support. The assured my that it would be in the mail soon and that I would have enough time to set up automatic billing. I called back time morning (still no letter) and was told my account was past due. Me: "What account? I still have not received an account number." Them: "Sir I cannot send that information to you." Me: "Why did I never receive it?" Them: "You set your account up to be electronic statements only."

Me: "How is that possible if I could not create an account since I don't have the account number?" Them: "..."

After 20 mins of speaking to a rep and another 20 mins to a manager and still no account number, I just hung up. They said they had called me previously about the overdue account, but my phone has no such record of that, nor any "email" since that is what my preferences apparently were set to. The overdue fee is only $27. Horrible customer service. Lesson learned. I'll never deal with Dell Financial Services again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I love the product. But their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. I have been hung up on at least 10 times. The representatives do not listen but instead read from a script. I just want someone to help me. I will NEVER purchase form Dell because of their customer service. I wanted to give them 0 stars but it made me rate them with at least 1.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I ordered a Dell computer from the Dell refurbished site, and when I received it, it did not have a backlit keyboard. I contacted support to try to activate it, and after trouble shooting, indeed there was no backlit keyboard. They charged me a restocking fee for their false advertising. I have bought many Dell products, but never will again. What a scam.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I echo many of the complaints listed here. Today I had a different experience. I'm hoping that sharing will assist some of you in getting resolution as I finally did. After receiving a collection call two days in a row for fees that we did not owe I pushed hard on the Financial Service Rep to not transfer me back to Customer Service where I am still waiting on a call back from 'Rod' 24 hours later. The PC speak that the phone reps are given which is meant to calm upset customers only infuriates the customer more when you realize they are trying to put a pacifier in your mouth to get you off the phone and move you on to be some other reps headache. I would not allow them to push me off and asked to speak to the supervisor of Financial Services. I was actually given the supervisor and she has been able to remove the unwarranted service fees and charges.

I also asked for identifying numbers and was given her badge # as well as her name. I called back the Financial Services # and provided that badge number and the same woman answered the call so it was not the typical hide and seek you normally expect from Dell call centers. My recommendation: Skip the rep and insist on a supervisor. Listen to the rep and then still insist on the supervisor. Ask for phone #'s with extensions (not dept #). When aren't able to provide it ask them how you are suppose to hold them accountable if they insulate themselves from their own incompetence. Insist on the Supervisor again.

When the Supervisor gets on the phone read your phone log of complaints you have filed, who you spoke to and what you were promised that never materialized. Once they realize you have complete documentation of dates, times and names they usually bend. Make sure to take down the Supervisor's badge number. Ask for an email copy of the resolved account for your records. I hope this helps someone besides me.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I applied for Dell credit and after filling out my info and clicking on Review and Submit another person's info came up. I mean EVERYTHING. I called her and told her cause that is BAD! Dell.com doesn't care. WE do though cause if we had great credit we would be flipping out! But how scary is it to know our info could be used to do whatever with?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I decided to purchase an Alienware laptop. I could have easily put this on a credit card, or debit card but the sales rep suggested using a Dell Preferred Account (DPA). I agreed to do this and provided the necessary information. I was quickly approved for a line of credit and the order was complete. I was told that I'd have to follow up with Dell Financial Services to release the order upon final verification. Let the nightmare begin.

I call to provide whatever information is needed. Shortly after verifying I'm told that my order cannot be released due to my provided information and public information not matching. I asked what information is missing or incorrect. They can't tell me. I asked if it's possible there was a mistake taking my information. They can't tell me. I asked how do I rectify the issue so my order can be released. After some back and forth I was provided with a number to Experian.

I followed up with Experian checked my report and my information and opened it up online. I called back DFS, prepared to retry to get my order released. With my report open and DFS on the line, I was now told my account was in some management verification process. How long does that take? They don't know. I asked to speak to a manager, this person doesn't know anything either.

Frustrated I decided DFS is toxic, and decided to call Dell back and change my payment choice. Upon re-ordering I called DFS to cancel my DPA, to which I was told my account would be cancelled upon verification of my account. WHAT? The same reason why my order was on hold/cancelled is the same reason why I can't have it closed? I asked to speak to a manager again, to which I was given the same brick wall. Do NOT use Dell Financial Services, no matter how convenient it appears.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

Made a minimum payment, but they said they never received it and charged me a $20 late fee. Wanted to pay my account off online, but didn't have my account number. Called customer service, and they can't give you your account number over the phone (for security reasons)... But they have no problem asking you for your full social security number (apparently they're not worried about your security). There's a reason why their reviews on this site are so terrible.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

Dell rips people off who have signed up and have been accepted to their preferred account. They provide the customer with a six-month grace period. If you pay the item off before the six months that's it. If you do not pay it off Dell charges you all the six months worth of interest that was in the grace period. This is crap! This is a very good example of how corporate America continues to rule over the rest of us! People who cannot afford to come up with a large sum to purchase have to use these finance offers and then we end up paying double or triple. It's sickening how people like this continue getting away with this everyday!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

Purchased a laptop for my father from Dell May of 2015. Leased Office 360 through Dell's website (big mistake). Tried to re-up the 360 lease and that is when it all went sideways. Took me two weeks of hours upon hours of calling customer support to finally learn customer support has no capability of fulfillment or fixing any issues. They are there to pacify and steal your money, that is IT! After spending well over 10 hours on the phone with retarded India's call centers I realized I was wasting my time and just disputed every damn charge they claimed to have removed but never did from my credit card.

Dell finance and customer service is run by thieves and bad guys in a country that hates Americans. WARNING: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM DELL! Unless you want to experience hell on earth and get inferior products that push adware in their back end and blow nothing but smoke up your bum and steal your money when you need support. Dell was once a great company. They are now complete and utter scam garbage. Don't make my mistake!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

A Dell custom gaming computer was purchased on September 24, 2015. After receiving the computer, it had to be returned multiple times, and finally determined to be defective. DELL Computer recommended the computer be returned for a refund. Which was done in May 2016. Since May, 15+ phone calls have been made to determine when the fund would happen. In July, Dell Financial assured that the refund would happen within 5 days, and that an email confirming that would be sent. NO EMAIL, NO REFUND.

On August 10, Once again Dell Finance said the refund would happen within 2 days, and would confirm that via email. Once again, NO EMAIL, NO REFUND.

On each of the numerous calls, account number, email address, & phone numbers were confirmed. Each time it took about 1 hour, sometimes longer, to get to a "person" who could & did make the above statements. This is the worst customer service department ever dealt with. They are holding the $1500 owed, and still sending bills!!!

Dell Finance Company Information