2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Dell Finance provides financing options for consumers, businesses and nonprofit organizations. Services include online account management and paperless statements. Customer service is available by phone, mail and online.

Dell Finance Reviews

Original review: May 9, 2020

I purchased a laptop in 2010 for $1450.00. At the moment of the financing I was 100% sure I chose the 48 month plan, but alas I didn't. Now that being said here we are 2020 and I still owe around $900.00. Where is the logic in this? I've contacted Dell a few times and they tell me that I didn't chose the 48 month plan and that I would need to continue payments until cleared. Well 10 years later... and I still owe that much. Never again is all I can say.

Original review: April 27, 2020

This has got to be the worst business for customer service ever! Don’t return phone calls, don’t answer emails, reps can barely speak English and provide different information depending on who you talk to. There is so much competition in this industry - do yourself a favour and shop elsewhere. Never again Dell!!!

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

My first laptop was a Dell, so I decided to buy another Dell laptop thru DFS (Canada). I was asked for my SIN # or credit card number I decided to give my credit card number. 24 hours later the fraud alerts started coming to my phone. I'm almost certain my credit card was compromised from giving DELL agents my card. All their agents are in India and I felt very uncomfortable giving them my information. Needless to say I was not getting anywhere with them. I was told my application was approved but the order is on hold by DFS, called DFS to find out what is the hold up and I'm told they need me to send a copy of my utility bill. There is something very strange with the way they do business, think TWICE before using them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I originally bought my items for $3,318.64. I have been making on-time payments exception of one time and they aka waived it. In calling today I found out they did not. Shocker. Today owed $3,317---ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Come to find out I had 3 promotional interest deadlines. Great to know... I had no idea. I have consistently paid on time and I have paid $1 in two years. DO NOT FINANCE. Pay cash or use someone else. LOAN SHARKING is DELL FINANCE.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Tried to order a new computer, got approved for financing quickly, but then Dell Financial Service won't process the order, the horrible Filipino Phone personnel, go on and on like robots repeating scripts on verification, well my credit & finance approved me, why the holdup? They have to verify that I'm real, yet they can't seem to get it done? Only excuses, delays holding my credit line hostage, well I got verified by the credit company but DFS makes a process so stupid and difficult filled nonsense. They make getting a new computer such a negative experience, I don't want the friggin thing anymore. I bought a new $35,000 SUV, the same weekend, was easier than trying to purchase a $900 computer from Dell, what a nightmare. When I read the 100's of crappy experiences from others trying to buy from Dell and dealing with the idiotic DFS process...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Finance?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

They Claim to offer you special financing on products purchased but always find a way to add the interest anyway! When contacting customer service they could CARE LESS! I just got a loan to pay this card off and trash it. NEVER AGAIN would I purchase a thing from them! They are a LIE!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

3RD desktop purchase for our small business. I should have know by the last 2 experiences that I should have stayed away! The second computer we bought was only 3 months old when one of their updates caused a problem with the computer. While on the phone with a supposed "tech" they walked through a good 1 1/2 hours of steps to only have the computer literally completely shut down and not even be operable at all!! So instead of sending a new computer the rep tech opens a 'service ticket' to send a tech to our office.

However after about a week I called Dell wondering when the tech would be here, they said the part that was backordered and it would be a few more days (more like another week). I said, "This is a new computer! I just want you guys to replace it." The tech has the audacity to say "it's not new mam", me: "what? ", him: "it's not new", me:"oh I'm sorry, my $3000 dollar purchase with Dell is 3 months old!!" And then he proceeded to explain that he can not send a new computer because a repair ticket has been issued. The tech finally comes and spends about 45 min on the computer and since then it has never operated completely right (I know because we have another identical and it runs perfect).

NEXT! After having signed up for the 12mo 0 financing with for that 2nd computer computer and paying extra on it to have it paid off to avoid the interest we received our 13 month statement with all the interest attached. I called, they said they were not applying the extra payment to the promotional plan but paying off the regular plan computer!!! So after battling back and forth for about a week they adjusted the account. Computer paid off.

Today was the "straw that broke the camel's back!". We were already in the market for another computer so I took another chance after paying off the 2nd computer. We talked to a rep about it and they did not offer the 0 financing for the business account so we told them that we weren't interested then we got a call from a another rep (manager I think) and he said that they could do a 6 mo 0 financing if our purchase was over $600. OK! we got this. What we wanted was just about $825 out the door, so we took advantage of the 6 mo 0 financing and adjusted our payments for auto pay to $140 for 5 mo. then $125.97 for the last payment. I received an email on the 23rd stating that our last auto payment in the series would complete and end. Good! Right? You would think so.

When I went to check the account, it said I had a $170.04 balance? With the $125.97 taken from that it left $44.07!! When I called they said the plan was a 60 day 0 financing courtesy, the purchase was in March and when I checked the statements online today one said promotion expiration date is June and another said July! What is going on?! I set 6 months payments to exact change to pay off balance before the promotion was up. I argued with the rep for about 25 min. I finally just said, "I'm done, I'll call back." I was so done. I didn't have to call back, she called me back about 10 min later. She said they want to make it right because she could see how things looked confusing and they said I am a "valued customer" and they don't want me to have a bad taste in my mouth from the experience. TOO LATE!!

So they removed the interest finance charge and zero'd the account. Sorry but we are paying off the first purchase then we are completely done dealing with Dell directly. I will still buy Dell, however I will buy through Costco with Citi earn 4 % cash back that doesn't have to used within such a short time like Dell Rewards and we have our own IT company so all our fixes can be taken care of local. If you can... I would definitely stay away from DELL Financial!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I purchased my laptop back on 8/20/18. I received a promotional discount that was 0% 8 interest for a year as long as it was paid in full within that year. From the start, I’ve always paid over the minimum amount and was enrolled with their autopay program. It wasn’t until the last couple months that I had to pull back on such large payments due to other financial circumstances. I had about $300 something left on my account in the beginning of August and I paid half before 8/20/19. Then today, 8/30/19, I got my statement for September and my jaw dropped to the floor! They charged me $200 in interest because my balance wasn’t paid in full!! Are you kidding me???? I knew that if I didn’t pay before the promotional period ended that I would have to pay interest but it was never explained that it would be all 12 months interest! I called up customer service and told them it was absolutely unacceptable to be charging that.

I was told it was a one time fee so that was good news - literally that’s what he told me. I asked if I paid the remaining amount on my account excluding the interest, that they waive it. It’s still within the same month! He said he couldn’t remove the interest but that he could take $50 off the balance. I ended up calling the corporate offices and putting in a complaint with them. Dell is such a ripoff and if I would have known what money hungry people they were, I would have never given them my business. Look elsewhere for your computer needs and stay away from this company.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

After I cancel Freedom Debit Relief back in 2013 I never got a statement from Dell. So in 2019 they sell my account. I would of thought that Dell would of sent a statement after I cancel Freedom Debit Relief.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

99 percent of all banks have grace periods. But DELL FIN don't. How is this even legal. They charge a 39.00 late fee if it 12:00 am. Let's assume 2 hrs late. Well if you live in California good luck - you will always be late. We financed a laptop for 3100 and it's been 11 months now. Every month 39.00 late fee so 400 dollars of this is all late fees. Currently still owe 2880. How on earth can you allow this. Paid 1200 but really 400 in late fees and payments still owe 2880. Sound pretty fishy to me. I think I'm going to contact 20/20 to see if they can get to the bottom of this.

Dell Finance Company Information