Dell Finance
1.22/5

Looking for a loan company?

Dell Finance

Looking for a loan company?

Dell Finance Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Tried to order a new computer, got approved for financing quickly, but then Dell Financial Service won't process the order, the horrible Filipino Phone personnel, go on and on like robots repeating scripts on verification, well my credit & finance approved me, why the holdup? They have to verify that I'm real, yet they can't seem to get it done? Only excuses, delays holding my credit line hostage, well I got verified by the credit company but DFS makes a process so stupid and difficult filled nonsense. They make getting a new computer such a negative experience, I don't want the friggin thing anymore. I bought a new $35,000 SUV, the same weekend, was easier than trying to purchase a $900 computer from Dell, what a nightmare. When I read the 100's of crappy experiences from others trying to buy from Dell and dealing with the idiotic DFS process...

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

They Claim to offer you special financing on products purchased but always find a way to add the interest anyway! When contacting customer service they could CARE LESS! I just got a loan to pay this card off and trash it. NEVER AGAIN would I purchase a thing from them! They are a LIE!!!

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

3RD desktop purchase for our small business. I should have know by the last 2 experiences that I should have stayed away! The second computer we bought was only 3 months old when one of their updates caused a problem with the computer. While on the phone with a supposed "tech" they walked through a good 1 1/2 hours of steps to only have the computer literally completely shut down and not even be operable at all!! So instead of sending a new computer the rep tech opens a 'service ticket' to send a tech to our office.

However after about a week I called Dell wondering when the tech would be here, they said the part that was backordered and it would be a few more days (more like another week). I said, "This is a new computer! I just want you guys to replace it." The tech has the audacity to say "it's not new mam", me: "what? ", him: "it's not new", me:"oh I'm sorry, my $3000 dollar purchase with Dell is 3 months old!!" And then he proceeded to explain that he can not send a new computer because a repair ticket has been issued. The tech finally comes and spends about 45 min on the computer and since then it has never operated completely right (I know because we have another identical and it runs perfect).

NEXT! After having signed up for the 12mo 0 financing with for that 2nd computer computer and paying extra on it to have it paid off to avoid the interest we received our 13 month statement with all the interest attached. I called, they said they were not applying the extra payment to the promotional plan but paying off the regular plan computer!!! So after battling back and forth for about a week they adjusted the account. Computer paid off.

Today was the "straw that broke the camel's back!". We were already in the market for another computer so I took another chance after paying off the 2nd computer. We talked to a rep about it and they did not offer the 0 financing for the business account so we told them that we weren't interested then we got a call from a another rep (manager I think) and he said that they could do a 6 mo 0 financing if our purchase was over $600. OK! we got this. What we wanted was just about $825 out the door, so we took advantage of the 6 mo 0 financing and adjusted our payments for auto pay to $140 for 5 mo. then $125.97 for the last payment. I received an email on the 23rd stating that our last auto payment in the series would complete and end. Good! Right? You would think so.

When I went to check the account, it said I had a $170.04 balance? With the $125.97 taken from that it left $44.07!! When I called they said the plan was a 60 day 0 financing courtesy, the purchase was in March and when I checked the statements online today one said promotion expiration date is June and another said July! What is going on?! I set 6 months payments to exact change to pay off balance before the promotion was up. I argued with the rep for about 25 min. I finally just said, "I'm done, I'll call back." I was so done. I didn't have to call back, she called me back about 10 min later. She said they want to make it right because she could see how things looked confusing and they said I am a "valued customer" and they don't want me to have a bad taste in my mouth from the experience. TOO LATE!!

So they removed the interest finance charge and zero'd the account. Sorry but we are paying off the first purchase then we are completely done dealing with Dell directly. I will still buy Dell, however I will buy through Costco with Citi earn 4 % cash back that doesn't have to used within such a short time like Dell Rewards and we have our own IT company so all our fixes can be taken care of local. If you can... I would definitely stay away from DELL Financial!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I purchased my laptop back on 8/20/18. I received a promotional discount that was 0% 8 interest for a year as long as it was paid in full within that year. From the start, I’ve always paid over the minimum amount and was enrolled with their autopay program. It wasn’t until the last couple months that I had to pull back on such large payments due to other financial circumstances. I had about $300 something left on my account in the beginning of August and I paid half before 8/20/19. Then today, 8/30/19, I got my statement for September and my jaw dropped to the floor! They charged me $200 in interest because my balance wasn’t paid in full!! Are you kidding me???? I knew that if I didn’t pay before the promotional period ended that I would have to pay interest but it was never explained that it would be all 12 months interest! I called up customer service and told them it was absolutely unacceptable to be charging that.

I was told it was a one time fee so that was good news - literally that’s what he told me. I asked if I paid the remaining amount on my account excluding the interest, that they waive it. It’s still within the same month! He said he couldn’t remove the interest but that he could take $50 off the balance. I ended up calling the corporate offices and putting in a complaint with them. Dell is such a ripoff and if I would have known what money hungry people they were, I would have never given them my business. Look elsewhere for your computer needs and stay away from this company.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

After I cancel Freedom Debit Relief back in 2013 I never got a statement from Dell. So in 2019 they sell my account. I would of thought that Dell would of sent a statement after I cancel Freedom Debit Relief.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

99 percent of all banks have grace periods. But DELL FIN don't. How is this even legal. They charge a 39.00 late fee if it 12:00 am. Let's assume 2 hrs late. Well if you live in California good luck - you will always be late. We financed a laptop for 3100 and it's been 11 months now. Every month 39.00 late fee so 400 dollars of this is all late fees. Currently still owe 2880. How on earth can you allow this. Paid 1200 but really 400 in late fees and payments still owe 2880. Sound pretty fishy to me. I think I'm going to contact 20/20 to see if they can get to the bottom of this.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I bought a desktop last May. Deal was I pay off before year is out and I pay no interest. Great I could do that, so I started making extra payments to DFS. Well I log into my DFS online acct one day and notice a payment is missing. Yes I should have been checking monthly but I didn’t, my bad. Turns out more than one payment was missing. I call Dell and so begins the most frustrating 'customer service' circus I have ever encountered. The agents I talked with couldn’t seem to understand what I was trying to get across, which was basically "excuse me Dell! You did not credit my account for the extra payments made online from me from my bank!" After much going back & forth they seemed to "get it" so I had to send them info from my bank showing all the extra payments I made including the non credited one.

Well, you would think for a 'financial service all they would need to do now (at least in my apparently ignorant mind) would be to compare what my bank showed it sent, to Dell Financial Services records. They said since I didn’t inform them first that I would be making extra payments, it went to a different part of Dell & they would have to "hunt them down." If you counted on DFS to 'Find Waldo' he would forever be lost. How can a 'Financial Service' NOT find payments made from a bank to them? Are they just trained monkeys working there??? In the meantime they are continuing to deduct my automatic payments monthly; it took me getting major poed at them & threatening with BBB action to light a fire under their bums & STILL took several months to even come to an agreed amount owed me. Finally 5 weeks ago they said they would send me a refund in the agreed amount.

In the meantime I had paid off the pc w/o interest. Thank god & I made sure they had closed the account online as I no longer trusted them not to keep dinging me monthly. Well according to their website it should take a week to 10 days to receive a refund. So yes, once again I had to call them and ask "here is my refund". They said they sent a check a month ago (which I never received) for an amount that was less than the agreed on amount. So again more 'checking' for them. I was told I would receive an email verifying that a check was sent. Never got that either.

Yesterday I received the refund check...and you guessed it, it is not in the correct agreed upon amount but $100 less so now I have to call them AGAIN. At this point I am having to wear a hat to cover the bald spots from pulling my hair out in frustration dealing with these financial 'geniuses'. I really like my desktop & that is the sad part because I will NEVER EVER buy a big ticket item from Dell again because of their horrible, kindergarten level financial dept. I don’t understand why Dell would use such a 'service' ‘cause it sure as heck isn't a 'service' to anyone.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I got Dell Financial Service account last year (2018) to buy 5 big Dell products including laptop, desktop, etc before which they verified me. This year however my account balance was retrieved by me and as I moved to new place, I ordered a Samsung TV with memorial day sale on 24th May 2019. The order went through and gave me ETA of 5th June, 2019. However, on checking delivery status on 4th June 2019, I found the order was cancelled.

I called the customer service they asked me all of questions including my address, my account number (which is hard to find as they do not have any phone apps) and identification question. I went with it to find out they had to transfer me to their accounts team, again they asked me same questions and figured they need to transfer me to sales people and then verification department (as they again verified my identity) and then again Sales team (to confirm the order). I went on wasting an hour on their call. The new order was suppose to come on 17th June 2019. On 16th June I got to know they again need to verify me for no good reason. Today is 21st June 2019 and I'm still not able to order a TV for my apartment wasting fastest AT&T Internet on just my phone.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have no problem with my desktop PC, but I am still stunned to find out that the only way to make payments to DFS is to link a checking account. Are these people still doing accounting with pencil and abacus? This is 2019 and I have to use a 3rd party (DOXO) just to be able to make payments, using methods that are convenient to ME, not Dell. Wow, has this company gone downhill.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I bought an Alienware computer in 2016 and used the recommended Dell Financial Services to pay for my computer. I set up an autopay and the linked account is where I put my salary in, that means it will always have a balance. Someday I have received an email saying that my DFS payment is past due. I checked my account and found somehow the autopay was closed by someone (Only I know the password and I never did that. Why do I do this? There is no reason). I did not check my balance that time because I believe in Dell which is a big company and finally when I found that I have been still paying the loan until 2019 (this loan is 12 months which should end in 2017).

I called the DFS customer services and the customer services representative named Kathy told me because for the 78$ late pay (because of I don't know why my autopay is shut off, maybe DFS intended to). I have a penalty of 276$ the moment I did not make the 78$ pay in time. That is cheating customers and I will definitely ask everyone I know not using your DFS anymore.

Dell Finance Company Information