Dell Finance

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I echo many of the complaints listed here. Today I had a different experience. I'm hoping that sharing will assist some of you in getting resolution as I finally did. After receiving a collection call two days in a row for fees that we did not owe I pushed hard on the Financial Service Rep to not transfer me back to Customer Service where I am still waiting on a call back from 'Rod' 24 hours later. The PC speak that the phone reps are given which is meant to calm upset customers only infuriates the customer more when you realize they are trying to put a pacifier in your mouth to get you off the phone and move you on to be some other reps headache. I would not allow them to push me off and asked to speak to the supervisor of Financial Services. I was actually given the supervisor and she has been able to remove the unwarranted service fees and charges.

I also asked for identifying numbers and was given her badge # as well as her name. I called back the Financial Services # and provided that badge number and the same woman answered the call so it was not the typical hide and seek you normally expect from Dell call centers. My recommendation: Skip the rep and insist on a supervisor. Listen to the rep and then still insist on the supervisor. Ask for phone #'s with extensions (not dept #). When aren't able to provide it ask them how you are suppose to hold them accountable if they insulate themselves from their own incompetence. Insist on the Supervisor again.

When the Supervisor gets on the phone read your phone log of complaints you have filed, who you spoke to and what you were promised that never materialized. Once they realize you have complete documentation of dates, times and names they usually bend. Make sure to take down the Supervisor's badge number. Ask for an email copy of the resolved account for your records. I hope this helps someone besides me.

I applied for Dell credit and after filling out my info and clicking on Review and Submit another person's info came up. I mean EVERYTHING. I called her and told her cause that is BAD! Dell.com doesn't care. WE do though cause if we had great credit we would be flipping out! But how scary is it to know our info could be used to do whatever with?

I decided to purchase an Alienware laptop. I could have easily put this on a credit card, or debit card but the sales rep suggested using a Dell Preferred Account (DPA). I agreed to do this and provided the necessary information. I was quickly approved for a line of credit and the order was complete. I was told that I'd have to follow up with Dell Financial Services to release the order upon final verification. Let the nightmare begin.

I call to provide whatever information is needed. Shortly after verifying I'm told that my order cannot be released due to my provided information and public information not matching. I asked what information is missing or incorrect. They can't tell me. I asked if it's possible there was a mistake taking my information. They can't tell me. I asked how do I rectify the issue so my order can be released. After some back and forth I was provided with a number to Experian.

I followed up with Experian checked my report and my information and opened it up online. I called back DFS, prepared to retry to get my order released. With my report open and DFS on the line, I was now told my account was in some management verification process. How long does that take? They don't know. I asked to speak to a manager, this person doesn't know anything either.

Frustrated I decided DFS is toxic, and decided to call Dell back and change my payment choice. Upon re-ordering I called DFS to cancel my DPA, to which I was told my account would be cancelled upon verification of my account. WHAT? The same reason why my order was on hold/cancelled is the same reason why I can't have it closed? I asked to speak to a manager again, to which I was given the same brick wall. Do NOT use Dell Financial Services, no matter how convenient it appears.

Made a minimum payment, but they said they never received it and charged me a $20 late fee. Wanted to pay my account off online, but didn't have my account number. Called customer service, and they can't give you your account number over the phone (for security reasons)... But they have no problem asking you for your full social security number (apparently they're not worried about your security). There's a reason why their reviews on this site are so terrible.

Dell rips people off who have signed up and have been accepted to their preferred account. They provide the customer with a six-month grace period. If you pay the item off before the six months that's it. If you do not pay it off Dell charges you all the six months worth of interest that was in the grace period. This is crap! This is a very good example of how corporate America continues to rule over the rest of us! People who cannot afford to come up with a large sum to purchase have to use these finance offers and then we end up paying double or triple. It's sickening how people like this continue getting away with this everyday!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell ?

Purchased a laptop for my father from Dell May of 2015. Leased Office 360 through Dell's website (big mistake). Tried to re-up the 360 lease and that is when it all went sideways. Took me two weeks of hours upon hours of calling customer support to finally learn customer support has no capability of fulfillment or fixing any issues. They are there to pacify and steal your money, that is IT! After spending well over 10 hours on the phone with retarded India's call centers I realized I was wasting my time and just disputed every damn charge they claimed to have removed but never did from my credit card.

Dell finance and customer service is run by thieves and bad guys in a country that hates Americans. WARNING: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM DELL! Unless you want to experience hell on earth and get inferior products that push adware in their back end and blow nothing but smoke up your bum and steal your money when you need support. Dell was once a great company. They are now complete and utter scam garbage. Don't make my mistake!

A Dell custom gaming computer was purchased on September 24, 2015. After receiving the computer, it had to be returned multiple times, and finally determined to be defective. DELL Computer recommended the computer be returned for a refund. Which was done in May 2016. Since May, 15+ phone calls have been made to determine when the fund would happen. In July, Dell Financial assured that the refund would happen within 5 days, and that an email confirming that would be sent. NO EMAIL, NO REFUND.

On August 10, Once again Dell Finance said the refund would happen within 2 days, and would confirm that via email. Once again, NO EMAIL, NO REFUND.

On each of the numerous calls, account number, email address, & phone numbers were confirmed. Each time it took about 1 hour, sometimes longer, to get to a "person" who could & did make the above statements. This is the worst customer service department ever dealt with. They are holding the $1500 owed, and still sending bills!!!

Billing in the absence of a contract. I have been repeatedly requesting a copy of the Installment loan agreement showing the calculation of borrowed amount and cost of borrowing for account no ** against which deductions from my bank account are being made since 09/17/2006. As mentioned earlier, the last purchase that I made was in August 2009 against Installment Loan Agreement which has been fully paid off and the account closed.

I was a victim of identity theft involving my Dell account in March 2016. A purchase in excess of $2000.00 was made against my account, in which a television was purchased and shipped to someone in South Carolina (I have no family, friends, or acquaintances in SC). Dell did satisfactorily resolve that issue to my favor, but my complaint involves Dell Financial Services, which is headquartered in Round Rock, TX, but is outsourced to the Philippines. Therein lies my problem, as I have unfortunately dealt with very deceitful, dishonest, and unscrupulous officials in the Philippines who "handle" (I use that term very loosely) my Dell account.

After my account was compromised (which I firmly believe was committed by Dell employees -- more on that later), I received a new account number. I unfortunately, did not think to go into my Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) Bill Pay and enter the new account number (it would have been very helpful, had the Dell employee I was dealing with, reminded me to do so). I then made two payments to my Dell account, in which were sent under my original, but cancelled account number; the first being on 6/2/2016, in the amount of $100.00, and the second, made on 6/24/2016, in the amount of $250.00. I then also made a third payment to Dell in the amount of $200.00 on 7/21/2016 but under my new account number.

It came to my attention in July that my payments on 6/2 and 6/24 had not been credited to my account. So I called Dell Financial Services toll-free number, which landed me with "Silvia" in Dell's Financial Department in the Philippines. Silvia stated that Dell had no information on file regarding no only those two payments, which I found to be incredulous, as I had previously sent another biller payment on a closed account number in the past, and there were no problems.

The company sent me a letter notifying me of the problem, so I could quickly rectify the situation. But Silvia insisted that Dell had no information about these two payments, and the only way to resolve them, was to have NFCU send information to Dell. So I immediately called NFCU, and the representative was extremely helpful, and she immediately faxed the documents for the two payments to Dell. In the meantime, Silvia stated that she would call me in 2 to 5 business days, as it would take Dell that long to process the payments. In the meantime, I made a third payment to Dell in the amount of $200.00 on 7/21.

Silvia did indeed call me back a few days later (7/25), and she stated that Dell received my payment of $250.00 made on 7/21, and further stated that it would take Dell ten (10) working days for their Cash Department to credit the $250.00, which I again found to be incredulous. I also informed her that I had made a payment in the amount of $200.00 on 7/21 and that that payment had indeed been processed by NFCU on 7/21, but per the automatic voice message I received from Dell, it still showed that my account was overdue, which greatly distressed and concerned me.

After some time, Sylvia finally admitted that Dell had indeed received that payment, but again, it would take 10 business days to process, once Dells Cash Department provided her with that information. I have NEVER encountered any biller that took 10 days to process a payment I made on a bill. Almost all billers immediately update their records the very next day after receipt of payment. I do have two (2) billers that do take an extra day to do so, but that is all. Again, NEVER has any biller required 10 business days to process a payment. This clearly shows dishonesty and unscrupulous conduct on the part of Dell Financial Services.

Sylvia was summing up my situation and very much wanting to end our conversation when I had to quite forcibly and firmly remind her that there was also still the matter of the outstanding payment of $100.00 I made on 6/2. Silvia stated that Dell never received that information from NFCU, which I knew to be a lie. So I called NFCU and informed them of the situation, and requested that they resend the information on my $100.00 payment made on 6/2.

The representative I spoke with was very adamant that she had indeed sent information on both payments, and had received fax confirmation that all documents were successfully sent to Dell. She therefore stated that because there was obviously a problem with Dell, she would have to send me the document for the 6/2 payment, and I would have to provide it to Dell, which I reluctantly agreed to do. She immediately sent the document to my e-mail address as an attachment to her e-mail. I immediately printed off the document, then went to Kinko's the next morning (7/28) and faxed the document to Dell's official fax number (512-283-2664). I received a fax confirmation that my fax was successfully transmitted.

In the meantime, Dell shut me out of my online Dell account, so I could not go in and see what payment information was on file for me. At first I got a message that stated there was technical difficulties, then I received a message that my account was locked up. I cannot emphasize enough that I DID NOT do anything myself, such as incorrectly typing my Dell password, thereby triggering the system to lock me out. I am too exacting of a typist, and I have very keen attention to detail, so I NEVER get locked out of any of my many online accounts or screen names to ANY Website! I am still shut out of my Dell account. Meanwhile I made another payment to my Dell account in the amount of $1,500 on 7/28, and yet another payment on 8/1, in the amount of $250.00, which should pretty much pay off my remaining balance from Dell. But I cannot tell for certain, as I again, cannot access my online Dell account.

Sylvia called me again yesterday (8/1), and joyfully stated that she had the information on the two payment I made on 6/24, in the amount of $250.00, and also the payment I made on 7/21, in the amount of $200.00. She was trying to quickly end the call when I abruptly told her that there was still the issue of the payment I made on 6/2, in the amount of $100.00, and inquired about it to her. She stated that Dell still did not have any information on that payment. That's when I really began to talk very forcefully, very deliberately, and very assuredly that her statement was an outright lie, because I personally faxed the document to Dell on 7/28, and received a fax confirmation sheet, which I still hold.

I then went on to berate her on Dell's incredibly dishonest and deceitful practices, and I asked her if Dell was a professional company or just a rabble of hoodlums. But that was a rhetorical question, so I did not bother giving her time to reply. But once I had thoroughly given Sylvia a much-needed tongue-lashing, she finally admitted that Dell had indeed received my faxed document, but again, it would take their Cash Department 10 working days to process it. In the meantime, she admitted that my account was still listed as being overdue. I relayed to Sylvia my concern that Dell's false information would be detrimental to my credit rating. Sylvia apologized for the inconvenience, which I found to be very patronizing and very insincere.

After having been on the phone with Sylvia for quite some time, most of which was spent on my having to get the truth out of her, and my subsequent railing against Dell's highly dishonest and unethical practices, she stated that she would call me back in three to five (3 to 5) business days, which did not allay my anger and frustration.

After I had finished my conversation with Sylvia, it finally dawned on me exactly what was transpiring with Dell Financial Services Division in the Philippines. What Dell is doing in the Philippines is intentionally siphoning off money from people's Dell accounts and keeping it for themselves. That is why Sylvia falsely stated that Dell did not have any information on file for the two payments I made on 6/2 and 6/24. Of course they did! Just because it was made to my former account number, does not mean that my payments completely vanished into thin air. Again, I know this, because it has happened with other creditors of mine when my account number was changed. They informed me that they received the payment, but reminded me to send my next payment using my new account number.

Monies do not simply vanish in a professional business computer system. They land in the computer system but are listed under the former account number, which the company immediately addresses. Siphoning off the payments I made to Dell on 6/2 and 6/24 is exactly what the Dell staff in the Philippines did. That is why I have been put through a lot of undue stress, when they repeatedly stated they did not have the information on the payments I made, as well as setting up a new requirement that all payments I made to Dell would take an absolute ridiculous 10 business days to process by Dell's Cash Department in the Philippines, until it could be credited to my account. The 10 days would give the crooks and thieves in the Philippines time to come up with the money (probably from someone else's account) they took from my account, and finally be able to correctly credit it to my account.

Now, on to the subject of why I believe it was Dell employees who were responsible for my Dell account being hacked in March, in which a Samsung TV was purchased in excess of $2,000, and sent to South Carolina. Very soon after I purchased my Dell computer system (which is the reason for my debt to Dell), I began to get calls from the same person in India who sold me my computer. He was telling me that I still had over $2,000 in available credit with Dell (which, of course, I already knew) and that I should think about purchasing other Dell products, such as a TV or tablets.

Of all the creditors I have ever had, I have NEVER had any one of them call me and badger me into making further purchases on my existing account. Nobody does that! Well, nobody except for Dell overseas employees. So I think this guy made the illegal purchase on my Dell account and had the Samsung TV sent to acquaintances of his. Acquaintances that could not be readily traced back to him. How else did somebody obtain solely my Dell information and made illegal purchases from it?

The bottom line is that Dell has a serious problem with its overseas outsourcing of both its Products Department (or whatever they call themselves), as well as Dell Financial Services. There is obviously a lot of nefarious activities going on, and Dell executives probably don't care a bit about it, as long as it does not affect their bottom line.

What I want to see get resolved and resolved quickly, is for my payments to my Dell account to be fully credited and in a timely manner; not the 10 business days that the Dell employees in the Philippines are telling me it takes to do so. And any future payments I may still have with Dell also be credited in a timely manner. And finally, I want my personal Dell account to be unfrozen, so I can view my account and personally see what payments have or have not been credited to my account. And I want to be assured by Dell executives that I will not encounter any of the problems I have had with Dell at any point in the future. Of course, it is highly likely that once I have confirmation that my Dell account has been paid off in full, I will immediately close my Dell account and NEVER do business with Dell again!!!

Ive returned my bad laptop over a month ago. That was bad out of the box. And then made countless calls, and email's to get my credit back on returned laptop - Only to be lied to and said my account has been credited. Only to still see it says I still owe... and past due. Someone has got to stop Dell. Sue them or something. I cant afford a lawyer.

I overpaid on my Dell Financial Services credit card account to the tune of just over $1,000. This was due to a flub by my bank. Despite weeks passing, Dell has not yet refunded my overpayment. Every time I call, it is "2-4 weeks" says the man from India. Only he can speak to a supervisor, as they have no phone number. Hopefully my BBB and Texas Attorney General complaints will do me some good.

I'm FURIOUS! Back in April I bought a Dell Precision that costs over $2700. A week later I started having problems with it, so I called to return the laptop. Dell agent sent me a UPS label, I sent the laptop back and it was delivered on 4/21/16. Dell hasn't issued a refund yet. It's almost three months now and Dell has the laptop and the $2700. I called 4 times and every time the agent promises a refund within a couple of days. I kept making payments to the Dell credit card to keep it in a good standing condition. Now I can't continue to make payments as I'm paying for nothing. I NEED YOU TO REFUND MY MONEY AND CLEAR ALL THE LATE PAYMENT CHARGES ON MY DELL CREDIT CARD!!!

This simple. Had an offer come to my place for same as cash 12-month deal. Bought several computers and paid it off in 10 months. Now 2 years later, I receive a letter telling me I still have an account active. After dealing with DELL's stupid requirement of giving them my complete social security number to discuss this, I got nowhere. I refused to give my total social and after quite a while, they found my account and told me I have a zero balance. Now I ask anyone reading this. Shouldn't I be able to close this account??? They sent me back to customer service and there we started again. If nothing else, their terrible lack of confidence guaranteed I will never deal with them again. No way, no how.

I've had several issues where employees were very rude and dismissive. I had several reps give me inaccurate information regarding payment arrangements and a payment amount which caused my account to go into collections. I spoke to a representative who was very rude which caused me to escalate the call to a manager. I was transferred to Rachel badge # **. Rachel asked what she could help me with, and I explained how rudely I was treated by the previous representative. Instead of apologizing or offering to start the process to review the interaction, she very dismissively stated, "How may I help you, sir?" again.

Not acknowledging the customer's complaint is extremely rude and dismissive. I then explained to her the original reason I called in about, and multiple times she would interrupt and talk over me. I had to stop her several times so I could try and get my questions answered, and she responded by raising her voice and ordering me not to interrupt her. This was after she kept interrupting me, so apparently it was okay for her to do it. She also kept mispronouncing my name. After I corrected her, she immediately did it again while she was "apologizing" for doing it the first time. When I asked for her name, she rudely replied that she already gave it to me at the beginning of the call. Apparently she expects customers to remember her name, but can't be bothered to remember the customer's 1 second after they correct her pronunciation. My experience with Rachel badge ** was the worst experience I've ever had with a customer service agent.

The worst company I ever deal with. They are worse than the pimp. I had online set up for monthly auto payment. Neither they notified me about technical error, nor they send me a routine courteous letter, & send an entire amount to collection agency for ridiculous amount of $158.55. I paid entire amount at once & get rid of them. If I have power, I will ban these kind of company & shoot them in a **.

I have had a Dell preferred account for years. The interest rate is outrageous so it has taken me forever to pay it down. After saving up enough money, my husband sends a check to pay off this account. Nearly 4 weeks ago, I was so excited for this to be done... however that is not the case. They cashed my husband's check and have yet to apply it to my account. They have told me I have to get a copy from his bank of the check being cashed to prove they cashed it! I've had 2 supervisors tell me they found the check that was cashed and it would be applied to my account, but this has not happened. I have spent so many hours on the phone dealing with this... nearly thousand dollar check cashed and they just took the money and are still showing a balance on my account and that payments are due. I see this as theft... so frustrating.

It has been the worst experience. I should just stick with mac products. I recently purchase a laptop. The product even if it said I qualified for a 2 day delivery the item took 2 weeks to arrive. Once we receive the product I awaited for the info so I can set up an online payment account. The first day I made payment I had a charge of $172.66 with no description of a purchase made on 5/5. When I contact them via email because their center is always close, not open 24 hours, they never responded. All I got was an automatic respond. I called yesterday, and no one could explain what was going on. And they kept saying there was no charge, but yet again thru the automatic system and on my online page it showed a charge.

I called today and the charge has been removed, however no one will explained what happened, or still have not received a letter. I called and this the operator kept saying something I already knew with no explanation. It took an angry tone to get an answer. As it turns out they "accidentally" charge someone else purchase to my account. This is ridiculous. With all the secure questions, verifications and ** somehow they manage to charge the wrong account. I think Dell makes fraudulent charges to people on their hope no one will contest it with their lack of support to make up for sales they do not have. It is ridiculous how many hoops you have to do for your security, when it is not secure at all.

I opened an account and found it locked when I tried to set up my profile so I could control the account online. They said they unlocked it and hung up. It was not unlocked. I called back again (of course each time you call you have to go through the long verification process). They said they unlocked it again...no such luck. I insisted on speaking to someone in the US. After a struggle and some yelling, I got to the US. I spoke with a person who gave his name as Andre. He said that there was a problem with the account number and would send it up to a higher IT team to fix. 3 days later still locked. I called again but the India team would not put me through to the US despite doing so 3 days earlier. They claimed they could not do it. Andre has told me if there was still a problem to call him through the 800 number. So who is lying? The foreign support group or Andre or both.

Reading these reviews is very disheartening because so many echo my poor experience with Dell Financial Services. My first PC was a Dell, and I subsequently bought several more and a total of five laptops for myself, my wife and my daughter, over the last 20 years. Being of modest means, I always used DFS to make time payments, usually availing myself to special promotions, employee discounts and always paying on time and before the expiration of the promotion (to avoid being socked with their excessive and punitive interest charges). One day a couple years ago, I got a letter from DFS saying they were closing my account. I was flabbergasted. I had experienced some financial difficulties, but Dell had been paid in full for some time, and I was well on my way to getting back on my feet (the difficulties did NOT include bankruptcy).

I called Dell and spoke with someone in a foreign country who was unintelligible and not helpful. I sent emails. I explained that there was no rationale for closing my account as I had been a very good customer who always paid on time and I had no balance at present. I had always paid my balance in full. I sent emails. All I got were form letters that did not address the central question: why did they close my account? They told me I could reapply. Let me tell you, I was so insulted that I swore I would never buy another Dell product. I have since bought an HP and my daughter bought a Lenovo and when my wife replaces her aging Dell XPS it will not be with a Dell product. People used to ask me for suggestions about computers and I always enthusiastically promoted Dell. Now I tell them to stay away from Dell. I have seven siblings and many nieces and nephews and in-laws, and they all know how I feel about Dell. As do my coworkers.

There once was something called customer satisfaction and appreciation for customer loyalty. It is now my fervent hope that Dell is driven out of business for outsourcing all their customer service to foreign countries just to pad their bottom line. I can see from this forum that my experience is not an isolated or unusual event. Michael Dell has made his millions, if not billions, and now he's content to let the customers be hung out to dry. Dell continues to send me promotional flyers. They go right into the shredder.

I have been a customer of Dell Computers for many years. My computers have always been purchased through Dell Financial. On black Friday, I purchased an Inspiron 3000 series computer as a Christmas gift for my daughter. Unfortunately, Dell sent me email after email stating my order was going be delayed. After the last email I received, my order was not going to reach me until the first week in January. I decided to purchase another computer for my daughter so she would have something to open on Christmas Day. After speaking to your representative who I purchased the second computer from, I let her know I already had a computer on order and I wanted to cancel it. By her suggestion, I was told to accept the merchandise and it would be no problem to return the item. So I did just that.

I received the merchandise on the Dec 22nd and returned it to Dell on January 4th. It was received by your shipping department on January 5th. It is now February 16th, and no one can tell me why my account has not been credited for this return to my DELL PREFERRED ACCOUNT. The last conversation I had with customer service on Feb 5th. I was told by your representative Bob in the Philippines Badge #**, this matter would be resolved and credited back to my account.

Today, I received an email from ** stating my current balance is $710.92. It prompted me to contact your customer service department again today. I spoke with August and he confirmed the merchandise was received by Dell but was unable to tell me why the credit is still pending. He transferred me to his Supervisor Joanie, in the Philippines Badge #**. She was unable to tell why it was not credited back to my account. She said it would take her 3-5 business days to research it.

My account is now of course accruing interest. Maybe you can explain the return policy for Dell. Why has it taken them more than 45 days to issue a credit to my account. I know why Dell account was debited as soon as the merchandise is shipped. I am wondering why these standards are not the same with returning merchandise. I would appreciate someone contacting me, to let me know the credit has been issued to my account.

Whoever is responsible at Dell for developing the Financial Services arm of the business is a fool. Does Dell not understand that small business owners are smarter than this? Charging 24% Apr when the bank rate is 1.5% and the average BLC rate is 4% or 6% is nothing more than a vote of no confidence on your business. I would understand if their rates were fluctuating based on known credit reports and worthiness, but a blanket 24% Apr no matter who you are, how long you've been in business, and your credit references show means, basically, that it's a loan sharking operation. And for Dell, that's penny wise and dollar foolish. We've been in business for 20 years, paid every bill on time, survived the Depression, and are now expanding. Dell product is good product. But like my customers tell me, it's a new day. You have to EARN the business. And picking my pocket is no way to do that.

DFS website is a huge joke. I can never get into it. Seems to always be down for maintenance. I have repeatedly ask for an email to be sent when my item is shipped. It wasn't. Luckily I am a UPS member. Now I cannot get into my acct. to pay a bill. I'm sorry I ever started with this company.

I'll make this short and sweet. When I decided to buy directly from Dell it was because I loved their product. Well, that feeling has changed drastically in the past year. The website where they sell or should I say play mind games is the worst. Navigating any Dell site is worse than even the AT&T sites. So after about a month and yes it took that long to get it all worked out I had my computer. It was broken first thing a day after unpacking. Trying to communicate with people who is seems are trained to get rid of you more than help you made it really difficult too. Then we have the reason I'm posting here Dell DFS. If you can pay cash for your system don't get hooked into buying on Dell credit. They are very inflexible about everything. I was 1 hour late with a payment and they refused to reverse the late fee. I'll never buy another Dell ever and I've owned only Dells for over 20 years.

I used to recommend Dell and have bought over 8000 dollars’ worth of products from them in the last 10 years as a family. My advice is that if you are going to buy anything from Dell never use their financial services. I have been working daily for over a month now to get my account square with them. It takes hours of hold time and every time I talk to a representative they tell me I can't make a decision. They tell me they will call me back in 24-48 hours but never do. I have called over 25 times and still can't get my bill straight. If they do have someone call me back, that person always tells me that they can't make a decision and will refer it to someone who can. When and if they do they call back, I have to go through the whole story with an entirely different person who can't make a decision. I already am being treated for chronic pain and every phone call with them just makes it worse.

So again I will tell you to never ever ever never use Dell Financial Services. I am a person who pays my bills and just made a 100 payment so I am not a low life. I have tried every avenue possible to resolve my problem: Twitter, email, phone, Facebook, etc. I even went as far as writing an email to their charity to try to have Michael Dell call me and get a taste of how his business was being run. Apparently he could care less because I am always told I can't talk to him or even a manager lower on the totem pole. Guess that is because the people who should lose their jobs are trying to keep it in the dark.

This company is so big, they forgot they have customers. Dell was great to deal with while making the purchase. But after the purchase, they wouldn't let me log on to my account. Each time I contacted DFS, to set up a profile, they responded by sending me a form email telling me I needed to set up a profile. After four months of trying to work with customer service, I ended up snail mailing them a check to pay the laptop off. I find it amazing that a computer company can't figure out how to set up a customer to pay online. They really need to take a step back and remember that the customer is the one paying their salary. I happen to be a purchasing manager and can assure you I will never recommend Dell Financial Services to anyone.

Dell is liars and crooks! Purchased Dell Computers in 2009. Always had to deal with customer service in India. Due to terminal illness in the family we closed the business. Contacted Dell Financial and they agreed to settle account for a specific dollar amount. That amount was paid. Now they have an attorney trying to collect the amount not owed. Every month late fees and interest charges have made the amount they are trying to collect go up. These people are liars and crooks! Do not do business with them!

I purchased a laptop and received my items. The payment was via PayPal. The transaction was completed and suspiciously refunded and taken out. Now Dell Finance asking for money after two months. Something is very suspicious about the transaction and the people I was talking with over the phone. Their accent was extremely foreign and had to talk with another rep that I could not understand but they both was requesting money. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH COMPANY AGAIN. I seen the reviews and noticed the concerns are around money issues. Trying to get more $$$$. Run do not do business with this company under the Dell name.

In August I set up financing on a basic purchase, with automatic withdrawals. First payment came out, no problem. The next month I started getting calls from Dell Financial, starting the conversation like this; "In order for us to verify that we are talking to the right person, please give us your birth date and address." Really?? When I pressed them on what they wanted, they refused until I verified me!

Needless to say, I never gave them anything. I eventually called Dell, directly to find out what they wanted. Apparently my account was overdue, as the rep who set up my automatic withdrawals deleted that option. Nice. The rep apologized, and asked for an immediate payment to settle the outstanding amount, and told me that future payments will be made through auto withdrawals. Guess what? Another call from Dell Financial in November, with the same stupid intro. I checked my account, and hey, no auto withdrawals. Absolute incompetence. If I could give 0 stars I would. Beware.

I pay each month more than required and all of a sudden my credit limit of 540.00 goes down to 166.00 due service charges. Why does it happen? They say they have the right to do this after a certain promotion plan expires. This is unfair practices for Dell. I have read many negative reviews and I will never do business with Dell again. They are thieves and liars as to their misleading ways.

I have purchased two computers from Dell Financial Services and never had a problem.

Dell Finance Company Profile