2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

Dell Finance provides financing options for consumers, businesses and nonprofit organizations. Services include online account management and paperless statements. Customer service is available by phone, mail and online.

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Dell Finance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Finance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Finance?

Original review: March 23, 2021

Middle of last year purchased an item from Dell using my Dell Financial Services Account. Item was delivered and completely broken. Attempted to contact Dell but with COVID they didn't respond multiple times. They finally did and said "sorry it's past return date" as if I hadn't been contacting them weekly since delivery. Reached out to Dell Financial Services to inform them of issue and that I didn't want to pay for a defective item. Was told that is understandable and to keep in touch regarding outcome. I thought they understood that meant I wouldn't pay till we figured it out but they started charging late fees. I called and we talked again and they said "well while you dispute it you still need to pay it even if it's broken" which I argued but we finally agreed that they would waive ALL fees if I paid so I did. They refused to waive the fees and so I still had a balance on my account while fighting Dell, but the balance was only fees. So the fees just kept stacking.

Dell Financial Services is completely okay lying to its consumers over the phone regarding things, and charging you for broken/defective/missing items. Clearly an awful credit company. When I had a similar issue regarding an item that was badly damaged that a retailer wouldn't take back my Discover credit card took the charge and interest off immediately and worked with me on the dispute. It took me less than 10 minutes of my time to get $1,800 back from Discover and Dell Financial is arguing with me over $100. Also their collections agents are rude, threatening, and overall horrible people towards their customers. They told me they would make sure I could never get credit again if I didn't pay right then and there, while I was at work, in healthcare.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I have purchased and financed 3 computers through Dell companies. I was in some tough times and was late with a few payments in 2013/14. Apparently that $150 was worth more than the thousands I did pay them. All account have been paid in full. I disputed this recently with them and they told me they would not remove the mark on my credit report, nor would they open credit/financing on my behalf in the future. Way to lose a loyal customer over a few missed payments.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

They run your credit and accept a lot of people for the soft inquiry then deny you for the hard inquiry, in which is stuck on your credit for 2 years. That is very misleading ad fraudulent. Don't even bother wasting your time. Either buy your items straight up or shop elsewhere. The customer service reps are incompetent and do not know a whole lot, they put you on hold, when in fact they do not even ask their supervisor anything. They lie and say they did. Then they flag your account and write false notes. I never even applied for any loan with them and now I am stuck with a fraudulent hard pull on my credit and they will not honor my request to have a removal from my credit report.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Buyer beware! Customer service is horrible. I still don't have my item because they gave the delivery company the wrong number. However, they have billed me for it. I don't like paying for things I don't have. After calling 4 times and holding for 2 hours, I finally got someone to give me the info I needed to find out where my item is. It will be delivered, FINALLY, this Friday. Worst customer service EVER!

Original review: May 27, 2020

I'm a small business in the Seattle WA area. During the COVID 19 crisis I contact Dell to purchase a laptop so I wouldn't have to go to a big box store, which were not allowing customers at the time. I was approved as a business and given a 15K line of credit. I placed my order and immediately the order was held up for verification. It's been over a week and I'm still waiting. I've contacted Dell several times and their customer service or urgency to help their potential customers is beyond sad. I don't want to line of credit at this point and will NEVER do business with this company ever. My advice to you is this: Go to Best Buy, or buy someone's else's product. These guys are a joke.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I purchased a laptop in 2010 for $1450.00. At the moment of the financing I was 100% sure I chose the 48 month plan, but alas I didn't. Now that being said here we are 2020 and I still owe around $900.00. Where is the logic in this? I've contacted Dell a few times and they tell me that I didn't chose the 48 month plan and that I would need to continue payments until cleared. Well 10 years later... and I still owe that much. Never again is all I can say.

Original review: April 27, 2020

This has got to be the worst business for customer service ever! Don’t return phone calls, don’t answer emails, reps can barely speak English and provide different information depending on who you talk to. There is so much competition in this industry - do yourself a favour and shop elsewhere. Never again Dell!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

My first laptop was a Dell, so I decided to buy another Dell laptop thru DFS (Canada). I was asked for my SIN # or credit card number I decided to give my credit card number. 24 hours later the fraud alerts started coming to my phone. I'm almost certain my credit card was compromised from giving DELL agents my card. All their agents are in India and I felt very uncomfortable giving them my information. Needless to say I was not getting anywhere with them. I was told my application was approved but the order is on hold by DFS, called DFS to find out what is the hold up and I'm told they need me to send a copy of my utility bill. There is something very strange with the way they do business, think TWICE before using them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I originally bought my items for $3,318.64. I have been making on-time payments exception of one time and they aka waived it. In calling today I found out they did not. Shocker. Today owed $3,317---ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Come to find out I had 3 promotional interest deadlines. Great to know... I had no idea. I have consistently paid on time and I have paid $1 in two years. DO NOT FINANCE. Pay cash or use someone else. LOAN SHARKING is DELL FINANCE.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Tried to order a new computer, got approved for financing quickly, but then Dell Financial Service won't process the order, the horrible Filipino Phone personnel, go on and on like robots repeating scripts on verification, well my credit & finance approved me, why the holdup? They have to verify that I'm real, yet they can't seem to get it done? Only excuses, delays holding my credit line hostage, well I got verified by the credit company but DFS makes a process so stupid and difficult filled nonsense. They make getting a new computer such a negative experience, I don't want the friggin thing anymore. I bought a new $35,000 SUV, the same weekend, was easier than trying to purchase a $900 computer from Dell, what a nightmare. When I read the 100's of crappy experiences from others trying to buy from Dell and dealing with the idiotic DFS process...

Dell Finance Company Information