Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.46/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Bitdefender Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bitdefender?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bitdefender?

Original review: April 9, 2020

I have included many diversified Antivirus software during 24 past years (while also being an IT Computer Programmer). All other AntiVirus companies are also & repetitively including advertisements with something else for occasionally popping-up to purchase. But I have not at all seen any advertisement within Free BitDefender Antivirus, and clearly describing if a specified website or software when being blocked.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Some parts of the Bitdefender are confusing. I do not understand the VPN. And the payment part of it is too confusing for me to understand. It takes me to a different area that I really do not understand. It seems to be keeping my computer clean from viruses. I do a full scan every evening. We are using this one since it was rated really well.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: April 4, 2020

The anti-virus is silent, it does its job without bothering me. Due to the good name of the company I can feel safe using my PC, and not thinking too much about security. Never had a problem with it. The setup was easy, no hidden check-boxes that are ticked by default and install unwanted software. Just great!

Original review: March 30, 2020

After a extensive search for antivirus software 15 years and reading about the software programs out there. I decided on Bitdefender. I have been very very pleased with the software and their technical support. They are right there to solve any problem immediately. 5 stars on everything about the company.

Original review: March 23, 2020

On the pc it is as good as any competitor. On smartphones it could operate more seamlessly. Ie when the phone restarts or powers on, Bitdefender should also start working. However, whomever is the manufacturer of your cell phone probably has their own proprietary software running in the background that for whatever reason, blocks this from initializing at the point when the phone is restarted or powered on.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Whilst I had an up to date subscription, my PC became infected. PC would no longer boot up. Toll it to local repair shop and paid for repair. Was offered a “guarantee” it would never happen again and 3 months free subscription. Hmmmm. To say I lacked confidence would be an understatement. Have moved to another provider.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Look where this company is located - Romania. That should be concerning in itself. Admittedly, I didn’t research that until recently. The virus protection really slowed down my system the year I used it, even though I have very little on my computer. The worst thing is the constant emails at the end of your subscription - renew, stupid crap about “password day”, on and on. The unsubscribe link in any email I received went to a shopping cart! I have tried several times, from different mail views. And, these are technical people we are to trust with our systems? When you get a hold of them online, expect it to take a while for each and every response to a sentence. Perhaps, there is only one customer service rep, but customers should be informed of that, if the case.

Original review: May 3, 2020

I purchased Bitdefender internet security 2020, for my windows 10 based systems. Despite repeated install and uninstall procedures, it did could not finish initial configuration process. The repeated emails to the company returned with machine generated ticket numbers, but no one helped me out. Live customer care chats were also inconclusive. I ultimately decided to downgrade from Win 10 to Win 8, and succeeded to install it. I failed to install even on windows 7. Post-sale support is unsatisfactory. I was asked to provide technical logs of my machine, which an average user like me cannot do. The company should make their software user friendly and check for bugs.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Works fairly transparently, and seems to be faster than many I have used in the past, such as AVG, Avast and Norton. A close second for me would have been Comodo, which is also fairly fast, but takes up more resources when scanning.

Original review: April 2, 2020

BitDefender works fine on my laptop and gets the job done. The price for BitDefender is fine also. The only issue is that I have encountered with it has slowed down my laptop. Other than that it's fine.

Bitdefender author review by Shelley Elmblad

Headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, Bitdefender is an internet security company. Its partners and subsidiaries provide anti-virus and anti-spyware software for consumers and businesses. Bitdefender was founded in 2001.

• Applications: Bitdefender’s products include web protection, firewall, parental controls, encryption software and more. These can protect your computer or business network against viruses, spam, adware and more.

• Protect all smart devices: These days, your PC and laptop are not the only vulnerable devices in your home. The Bitdefender BOX uses hardware, cloud technology and software to protect all of your smart home devices like smart TVs, smartphones, Wi-Fi thermostats, baby monitors and any other device or appliance that connects to the internet.

• Business solutions: Bitdefender has many options for businesses of all sizes. You can protect all endpoints and data centers by fortifying your infrastructure. You can also detect persistent threats and identify and avoid cyber attacks.

• Trial downloads: You can try most of Bitdefender’s software solutions for free for 30 days. Just visit their website to download your trial version.

• Free antivirus software: Bitdefender has several free software solutions including the Home Scanner, which detects all of your connected devices and lets you know if they are vulnerable to security risks. You can also download several free security apps for your smartphone or tablet.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Bitdefender Company Information