Bitdefender

• 4%
  • 4%
  • 77%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bitdefender?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bitdefender?
    Installation & Setup

Reviewed May 21, 2024

This is by far the most difficult software to install and activate. After 2- 1 hour calls with customer service, I requested a refund. 4 days of working on install and no resolution. I have never been so frustrated with software support as I am with Bitdefender.

Customer ServiceStaffReliability

Reviewed May 5, 2024

I was having trouble with logging in with 2fa as I had forgotten to change my old email so I was unable to get my code to complete logging in. I wanted to update all my information but had no way of doing it without logging in so I contact support. Twice in two days I had the same conversation with two different reps on my issue. The first was someone named George. He was supposed to switch my account to my new email and send me an email with all I needed to get it done. The email was never received. The second conversation was with Deborah whom I explained several times why I was not able to log in then not ten minutes later asked me again why I could not connect then disconnected me when I asked if I was speaking to the same person. I was trying my best to be polite but really.

Finally I resolved my issue by managing to switch my account to my new email - so maybe George did switch it but...on my pc I always had Bitdefender active and it showed it would renew in 72 days but being unable to tell which credit card I used and no receipt I was not able to prove my purchase (my own fault). Both reps had my info after giving my name and old phone number but would not do anything unless I gave the information and I explained again I did not have it. I told them where I bought it but anyway. When I switched accounts it said my account was expired so I bought a new one. I hope my old account will not renew automatically. I will lock my card.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed April 24, 2024

I set Bitdefender to renew via credit card. They subcontract their invoicing to 2checkout. On the renewal date, 2checkout submitted the renewal charge but also several charges for $0.00, which triggered a fraud alert, so a hold was placed on the card and it couldn't be used. Took several hours on the phone to resolve.

Reviewed April 20, 2024

I purchased Bitdefender Ultimate Security several months ago. Not only did they just renew my subscription, my computer and cell were hacked and everything is messed up and I can access many sites, for instance I can't get into my Amazon account, a different account shows up under my name. I wanted to return an item and it shows I haven't ordered anything in 2024,23,22 etc. It did not provide the security that the subscription said it would.

Contract & TermsStaff

Reviewed April 19, 2024

Bought a 3-year family pack only to have them replace the only feature for which I bought their product (Wallet) for a separate pay product (password manager). I still had over 2 years left on licenses. Seems an illegal practice, but they reserve the right to change whatever they want whenever they want, so their license agreement is worthless. I am uninstalling early (still have approx. 3/4 year left) and FOREVER. As a corporate and industrial cybersecurity professional I have been and will continue to INFLUENCE everybody I ever interact with that this company MUST BE AVOIDED AND FOR THEM TO SPREAD THE WORD.

Price

Reviewed April 5, 2024

I went to cancel my subscription before it renews, and during the automated process my reason was "Too Expensive". I was then offered the option to renew it for only $54 for the year. I accepted this offer and made the payment... but I was charged the FULL $99 + tax instead of the special offer of $54!!! I contacted customer support and they said they need to escalate this to a different department and I MAY hear back from them today.... This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, and now I am done with this company forever! I am going to call the bank and initiate a charge-back.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingOnline & App

Reviewed March 8, 2024

The UI is poor, but that's ok. The app hasn't found one virus, but that's ok. When I tried to cancel my auto renewal Bitdefender couldn't find any of my info. Their solution was a screen shot of the purchase, or I could sent them my CC info by email! Email my CC info, from a security app! Big surprise they can't find my info now. They email me ads every week, but they can't find my info?

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

I just purchased Bitdefender download. Received the activation code via email. Message says it's an invalid code. Cannot reach them by phone They already charged my credit card for a fake or used code.

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2023

Bitdefender betrayed my trust. I don't feel safe; they have all my personal info and CC numbers.... I do not want your services. Return my money. You just keep charging....94.99 -59.99 -49.99... They know most of us do not have the time to track, call and dispute the charges, and credit card companies only accept dispute for 60 days. I spent hours to call my CC, then CC processing company then Bitdefender....I did not get any results. I could only dispute 29 dollar.... Shame on you Bitdefender. I need to buy another software to protect me from you....

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2023

The product itself is probably fine. I had it for a year and didn't want to renew because of the constant pop ups they sent every day trying to sell me other products. After a lot of work I was able to cancel and the gentleman explained he could get rid of the pop ups. I cancelled and they sent me a half off email so I renewed for a second year. I started calling them to get rid of the pop ups. Long waits for a Bitdefender rep to get to the phone. I explained what I wanted and the rep hung up. The only thing that is easy to do is buy more product. They are very good at that. Sooo, if you want to be spammed to death, have long waits on the phone and get hung up on, go for it. They are a pain in the butt.

Bitdefender author review by Shelley Elmblad

Headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, Bitdefender is an internet security company. Its partners and subsidiaries provide anti-virus and anti-spyware software for consumers and businesses. Bitdefender was founded in 2001.

• Applications: Bitdefender’s products include web protection, firewall, parental controls, encryption software and more. These can protect your computer or business network against viruses, spam, adware and more.

• Protect all smart devices: These days, your PC and laptop are not the only vulnerable devices in your home. The Bitdefender BOX uses hardware, cloud technology and software to protect all of your smart home devices like smart TVs, smartphones, Wi-Fi thermostats, baby monitors and any other device or appliance that connects to the internet.

• Business solutions: Bitdefender has many options for businesses of all sizes. You can protect all endpoints and data centers by fortifying your infrastructure. You can also detect persistent threats and identify and avoid cyber attacks.

• Trial downloads: You can try most of Bitdefender’s software solutions for free for 30 days. Just visit their website to download your trial version.

• Free antivirus software: Bitdefender has several free software solutions including the Home Scanner, which detects all of your connected devices and lets you know if they are vulnerable to security risks. You can also download several free security apps for your smartphone or tablet.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Advisor

Shelley Elmblad is a writer with years of experience covering small business, mobile apps, personal finance and tax software. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Bitdefender Company Information