4.46/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

13 Bitdefender Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

This product is amazing. It not only manages to find all viruses, it discovers malware, does quick and complete system checks. It includes cleaning up the computer to make it faster. It check emails. I have never had a problem with viruses, emails or anything else with this product. It notifies me that a virus has been blocked as well as any other item that could harm my computer.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Great program. Easy to run and does not take up a lot of memory. It checks all email and attachments. The firewall blocks both incoming and outgoing traffic.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

They will help you resolve any problem to your satisfaction. I have been with them for a few years now and they have resolved the few problems I had usually involved billing.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Bitdefender provides virus protection without slowing down my computer, and it was easy to set up on multiple computers. The only challenge that I have ever had is that sometimes I can't eject an external hard drive if Bitdefender is running. I have to turn off Bitdefender's Autopilot function, eject the external hard drive, and then turn Autopilot back on. A small inconvenience for an otherwise great product. Overall, I'm happier with it than I have been with other virus protection software that I've used. I started using (including Avira & Sophos), both of which slowed down my computer.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have had no issues with Bitdefender installed. It's easy to download and install and it easily transfers between old and replaced computers. Plus, it doesn't hog memory in the background. Price is average for good protection, but I feel this is superior protection.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bitdefender?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

We've been using Bitdefender for eight years and Bitdefender box for one year. We have never had any of our ten devices compromised and it's a real comforting feeling knowing we are safe from data invaders.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My final thoughts to the ratings and the overall sales and value performance and also to the usability scales as well as customer support in reviewing the overall test with details to make a big difference in describing my experience is good. To include enough of a real beginning towards others in the build up.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

It's a good solid antivirus product. It's kept me protected for almost a year now, and it's easy to use. It received excellent ratings from sources I trust, which is why I purchased it in the first place, but I wasn't disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I believe Bitdefender did a good job when there were ransom hacks. The company sent alerts, made frequent updates and I felt protected. Price-wise Bitdefender is very reasonable too.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Bitdefender's malware protection might or might not be effective (how would you know for sure?), but its interface and usability is horrendous. I.e. while it is updating or scanning it is almost impossible to do any other work on the computer, and it is not smart enough to update itself before scanning. I have seen it try to scan and update at the same time. And it is almost impossible to interrupt an update or a scan in progress like when you need to stop it and do other work at the time.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I switched from another antivirus. It was cheaper and it gave better service. They even fixed an issue the other company was not able to. If I need remote computer to computer IT support, it is cheaper as well. I DID research and they were ranked very high.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Bitdefender provides a secure "Wallet" for online banking, etc. that goes beyond A/V and mere firewalls. Necessary in today's internet environments. Optimizing and ransomware protections are also explicit. One can easily deploy those tools needed without a comprehensive manual. Bitdefender provides a regular review of threats and blocks. Updates to all areas seem timely... something one should not have to worry about with any software. Kudos to Bitdefender!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I installed Norton on the two PCs and I tried to update my Bit defender after Bit defender kept nagging me to upgrade to the latest free version which was very buggy. The latest version would not install and refused to register and I could not revert back to the previous version. Tech support was totally unresponsive.

Bitdefender expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, Bitdefender is an internet security company. Its partners and subsidiaries provide anti-virus and anti-spyware software for consumers and businesses. Bitdefender was founded in 2001.

• Applications: Bitdefender’s products include web protection, firewall, parental controls, encryption software and more. These can protect your computer or business network against viruses, spam, adware and more.

• Protect all smart devices: These days, your PC and laptop are not the only vulnerable devices in your home. The Bitdefender BOX uses hardware, cloud technology and software to protect all of your smart home devices like smart TVs, smartphones, Wi-Fi thermostats, baby monitors and any other device or appliance that connects to the internet.

• Business solutions: Bitdefender has many options for businesses of all sizes. You can protect all endpoints and data centers by fortifying your infrastructure. You can also detect persistent threats and identify and avoid cyber attacks.

• Trial downloads: You can try most of Bitdefender’s software solutions for free for 30 days. Just visit their website to download your trial version.

• Free antivirus software: Bitdefender has several free software solutions including the Home Scanner, which detects all of your connected devices and lets you know if they are vulnerable to security risks. You can also download several free security apps for your smartphone or tablet.

• Best for: individuals and small and enterprise-sized businesses.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
    Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Bitdefender Company Information