Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.52/5

Bitdefender Reviews

Original review: April 4, 2020

The anti-virus is silent, it does its job without bothering me. Due to the good name of the company I can feel safe using my PC, and not thinking too much about security. Never had a problem with it. The setup was easy, no hidden check-boxes that are ticked by default and install unwanted software. Just great!

Original review: March 30, 2020

After a extensive search for antivirus software 15 years and reading about the software programs out there. I decided on Bitdefender. I have been very very pleased with the software and their technical support. They are right there to solve any problem immediately. 5 stars on everything about the company.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2020

This is the best anti-virus program I had in a long time. It performs really well. Great customer service. Even their free software is awesome. I am sure you will like it. Thank you! I tried various companies that were constantly asking you to upgrade for more money of course.

Original review: March 23, 2020

On the pc it is as good as any competitor. On smartphones it could operate more seamlessly. Ie when the phone restarts or powers on, Bitdefender should also start working. However, whomever is the manufacturer of your cell phone probably has their own proprietary software running in the background that for whatever reason, blocks this from initializing at the point when the phone is restarted or powered on.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I feel much more confident in the safety of my work. The quick SCAN, the SAFEPAY feature, and the VPN, SCREAM safe!! Several times it has rejected possible virulent intrusions into my system & advised immediately to take appropriate action.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bitdefender?

Original review: April 2, 2020

BitDefender works fine on my laptop and gets the job done. The price for BitDefender is fine also. The only issue is that I have encountered with it has slowed down my laptop. Other than that it's fine.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Of course I would like it to be cheaper....who wouldn't. You do get what you pay for though. This IS the best. After 2-3 years of using BitDefender I am happy to say that I have had NO problems.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I made the mistake of buying a two year deal with this company. After changing e-mails, I was unable to add it to my phone. Customer service was slow to respond with generic responses which were unhelpful. They even told me to return to the store from where I bought the product to update my e-mail! In the meantime, I found a virus on my CPU which was never detected by the software. My desktop was not responding correctly and I managed to find and remove it myself. I was also able to confirm the virus came thru while BitDefender was installed. Nearly all other AV's I have been pleased with. Steer clear of this one!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I have been using Bitdefender Antivirus for MAC for over four years. I didn't have any issues since I installed. However, I'm a graphic designer that works with Adobe Softwares on a daily bases. A few months ago, I started having issues saving my PDFs. Every time I tried to save or save as a PDF in Acrobat a message of Read-only would come, after a LOT of digging and troubleshooting with Apple and Adobe, we find that the issue was Bitdefender plug-in for Safe file and exactly with Acrobat Professional.

I called to support services a week ago, they agreed to help me, they sent a link to follow their instructions, but those instructions are NOT updated to the most recent MAC OS Catalina. So not, since that happens, NOT ONE even the ticket transferred to another tier. They don't call; they don't send an email to give you an update, nothing. Like if they don't care. Maybe they don't care for those clients that are one vs. enterprise. But I can tell you if you are one of that customer looking for an Antivirus for your own, I will keep looking as Bitdefender is DOESN'T care about 1:1 customer.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I searched the internet for a way to stop auto-renewal - but was unsuccessful to find the process. I contacted customer service to assist me, but just got automated responses that it will take some time. After the auto renewal - I finally got a message that auto-renewal was canceled for my 2020 product. I was unsuccessful to stop the renewal, and to date - unsuccessful getting a response about a refund. Interesting their website states to go through them instead of doing a credit card charge-back. They CLAIM you will get a refund faster through customer service. I wish I did a search here before stupidly initially buying their product.

Bitdefender expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, Bitdefender is an internet security company. Its partners and subsidiaries provide anti-virus and anti-spyware software for consumers and businesses. Bitdefender was founded in 2001.

• Applications: Bitdefender’s products include web protection, firewall, parental controls, encryption software and more. These can protect your computer or business network against viruses, spam, adware and more.

• Protect all smart devices: These days, your PC and laptop are not the only vulnerable devices in your home. The Bitdefender BOX uses hardware, cloud technology and software to protect all of your smart home devices like smart TVs, smartphones, Wi-Fi thermostats, baby monitors and any other device or appliance that connects to the internet.

• Business solutions: Bitdefender has many options for businesses of all sizes. You can protect all endpoints and data centers by fortifying your infrastructure. You can also detect persistent threats and identify and avoid cyber attacks.

• Trial downloads: You can try most of Bitdefender’s software solutions for free for 30 days. Just visit their website to download your trial version.

• Free antivirus software: Bitdefender has several free software solutions including the Home Scanner, which detects all of your connected devices and lets you know if they are vulnerable to security risks. You can also download several free security apps for your smartphone or tablet.

• Best for: individuals and small and enterprise-sized businesses.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Bitdefender Company Information