This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
AVG Technologies offers innovative and comprehensive online security for private and business use. It provides a wide variety of security products, including virus scanning, malware removal and antivirus downloads for computers and businesses.
Many reviewers have been with Progressive for more than 10 years.
- Second point with more text.
- First point.
- Con second point with more text.
- Con third point.
- Con first point.
What is AVG?
AVG Technologies protects devices, data and personal information on personal and business computers and mobile devices. AVG offers different packages that can be customized for your specific security needs — the AVG Ultimate package for Macs and PCs includes high-quality antivirus software, tuneups and VPN services to keep your device secure.
The internet security feature can instantly detect any threats to your online security, while the tuneup feature helps your devices run smoothly. The secure VPN aspect helps keep you safe online by keeping your IP address private and letting you access your favorite content from your device no matter where you are.
AVG also offers high-tech security protections for your mobile devices, including:
- AVG Antivirus for Android and iPhones
- AVG Cleaner
- AVG Secure Browsers
- AVG Secure VPN for Android and iPhone
AVG strives to offer top quality online security protection at affordable rates. The amount you pay per month depends on how many devices you're trying to protect and the level of protection you need. For example, two years of AVG secure VPN service on five devices is $3.99 a month. AVG Ultimate is $79.99 a year, and AVG Tuneup is $39.99 a year.
AVG Technologies FAQ
- Is AVG good?
- AVG has a lot of great features that help keep your identity safe and secure on the internet. The price point can be a little high compared to other security services in the market, but you can try it free for 30 days. Many mobile devices already come with this type of security to detect viruses, but PC users could benefit from the extra protection provided by this type of antivirus program.
- What is AVG Ultimate?
- AVG Ultimate combines internet security, VPN services and computer and mobile device tuneups to create a comprehensive online security package.
- How much does AVG Antivirus cost?
- VPN service on five devices is $3.99 a month. AVG Ultimate is $79.99 a year, and AVG Tuneup is $39.99 a year. Prices vary depending on how many devices you need to cover.
- Is AVG a good antivirus software?
- Yes. AVG is an easy-to-install, reliable and trusted antivirus and ransomware protection program.
- How does AVG Antivirus work?
- AVG runs in the background whenever your computer or mobile device is on. When the program detects a threat, it alerts you and sets the possibly infected files to the side so you don't open them on accident. You can then remove the files without risking infecting the rest of your computer or mobile device.
- Will AVG Antivirus slow down my computer?
- No. The seamless and innovative design works so that you don't even know it's there.
- How do I contact AVG customer service?
- You can contact customer support and technical support by visiting the “Contact Us” section on the company’s website.
Is AVG safe?
AVG Antivirus is a reputable company that produces safe software that helps keep your computer and mobile devices secure. We recommend AVG’s antivirus software to anyone searching for a comprehensive antivirus program that won’t slow down their PC or mobile phone.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 2,435,055 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
This software is on my laptop. It is effective and efficient to protect my work- writing a book and personal, and other subject matter. Even the free download is sufficient. It is also not as "Heavy" as Norton, meaning: it does not take up a lot of bytes, space, memory- which is a great benefit, because my laptop is small and does not have a lot of capacity for extra, added software.
The product I use is free and is still a good choice. It gets updated regularly. It protects me like all the other ones do. It is the best I have found for the price. Good choice. No trouble with it. Easy to use.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Even the free version which I have had for 10 years has been very intuitive and is pretty reliable for blocking most threats. However it has missed some serious threats and is always showing pop-ups to try to sell more protection apps.
We are using the free versions accompanied by CCleaner and Malwarebytes all free versions. They work together scheduled during hours we are not in the computer. So far we have had no difficulty but monitor when new versions are available.
AVG offers a multitude of choices for software. They cover all aspects for antivirus software. Their daily scrub of my computer is very thorough and effective. Updates are often and very secure. I love the all encompassing aspect of one click search for viruses and clean-up. Or you can do separate searches yourself. They have an excellent rating from CNET and they are among the top virus software. Very good customer service with any problems.
Stay away from AVG!! It hijacks your computer and uninstalling is a nightmare. Almost impossible short of having to reformat your computer. The free version is even worse than the paid as it installs all sorts of 3rd party plugins.
I purchased a subscription for AVG Internet Security on 15 December 2019 and then received another reminder from them and accidentally purchased a 2nd subscription for the same product, AVG Internet Security, on the 19 December 2020. (Had memory problems after a medical event). They completely refuse to give me a refund on my 2nd accidental purchase, even though it is of totally no use to me! I have been a good customer over many years but I will NEVER purchase anything from them again. Nasty Customer Service. I resent this company a lot.
I contacted them because my computer stopped working and it was working perfectly fine before I purchased and installed this antivirus. I contacted tech support because the anti virus wasn’t opening up then they had me put my computer on safe mode. I clicked because I had a family emergency and I called back once it was all over. I got with another tech and he was not helpful at all, he said, "It’s $119 if you want me to help you fix this problem for this one time or $199 for you to be calling back if you have more issues." What do you mean? I shouldn’t keep having issues with your product! I said, "What? I put my computer on safe mode and other tech was helping me."
He “laugh” as if I were dumb and I got upset and said that I wasn’t told this before I put my computer on safe mode and that I paid for this antivirus and why should I pay for them to repair their problem and I said I rather cancel subscription since it didn’t work and he said it’s fine and I told him he was rude for laughing and just hang up. I will return call to cancel this that didn’t work and the customer service is horrible!
AVG secretly installs itself onto a computer through CCleaner. It is not possible to uninstall it without another app from AVG and a whole lot of trouble. Any app that needs secrecy to install itself is a VIRUS not a reputable antivirus. Should be sued for self-installing without user consent.
AV Total is powerful, but not very user friendly. The ad blocker works well. The cleaner finds the worst, viruses. I don't know about any others, because it doesn't keep track, at least not that I've found. It is rated as one of the best so I got it. I am neither satisfied nor disappointed by it. Any other would do the same things.
AVG Antivirus Company Information
- Company Name:
- AVG Antivirus
- Year Founded:
- 149 Bluxome St.
- San Francisco
- Postal Code:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.