2.36/5
Based on 67 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Willoughby, Ohio

266 AVG Antivirus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: July 18, 2018

Found a Trojan horse linked directly to the company. No, I did not use another antivirus program to find it. I hunted it down manually by going through files that I didn't recognize. I do not recall the exact name of the file, but found that it took up a disproportionate amount of disk space, but I do know that it started with the name "AVG" and was confirmed by many to be a Trojan horse virus. I can only say I am extremely thankful that this product was given to me by my mother. I don't want to even think about what the credit charges look like for her. Not to mention the inability to turn it off, all the malware that came in the folders, and the PUP files that were able to get in despite AVG being in use at the time.

The only good thing about this product I could find was the shredder. I'm not usually one to believe in conspiracies, but I think it's safe to say that some antivirus companies create some computer viruses in order to scare people into paying the companies for their protection. I have but one thing to say about companies like that: Disgusting. I recommend against EVER installing this fraudulent program. From what other reviews I've read, looks like I got lucky that it wasn't worse.

Hi, Nina:

Our goal is to protect you from viruses, malware, hackers, and more, so we're concerned and would like to find out more about this. Please contact us privately with additional details about your observations, findings, and where your mother obtained the software so we can work with you to get this sorted out. We look forward to hearing from you!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: July 13, 2018

Was unexpectedly debited for £49.99 by a firm "Digital River Ireland", email associated does not work, so opened a dispute with Paypal. Traced "Digital River" to AVG. Two weeks later, no reply to Paypal dispute. AVG say because of this dispute, they are unable to issue a refund or offer any assistance. So why not respond to Paypal? Obviously a con. The agreement was for £3.99 monthly. As well as the non refund, install any AVG product and you will be bombarded with popups regarding online security and PC performance. Another ploy to wear you down until you inadvertently click on something which allows them to debit your account. This is what I believe happened to me.

Hi, Howard:

We assure you we'd never charge you without your permission and would like to help get this resolved. Please contact us privately with the amount charged, billing details (date, name, etc), your AVG Account information, and your preferred email contact address.

We do notify our customers about our other great products from time to time. In our paid products, customers can disable those notifications by clicking Menu>Settings>Privacy and unchecking the desired boxes.

-AVG Team

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Resolution In Progress
    Original review: July 3, 2018

Was automatically charged $73.99 to renew antivirus protection. Was unable to download, so let tech support try remotely. They disconnected twice. Contacted advanced support, where I, too was told I’d have to pay at least $119 for them to download. Now fighting for a refund. They have a 30 day policy, but I’ve been trying that long to get the product. Move on to another antivirus company.

Updated on 07/04/2018: Just to be fair, I have been issued a full refund. However, I had to do a lot of yelling and jumping up and down to get it.

Hi, T.P.:

We're sorry to hear you had issues downloading our software, but glad to hear you received your refund.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 25, 2018

I have had AVG for a decade, yesterday I clicked on the AP on my laptop and noticed the page looked different and did not have the AVG logo on it. I called AVG and questioned this. I allowed them to emulate into my computer and during a scan a page of installed items appeared. The agent claimed that the reason I was getting an incomplete screen while trying to access the AVG scan feature is that I have several antivirus programs installed. Well they were on the screen but I had NEVER seen them before! Of course I was offered several fixes at a fee, up to $199.00, I declined. As soon as the call and connection ended I pulled up all I had installed and NONE of the items that were listed on the screen during the conversation with the AVG agent appeared. I reinstalled AVG using my license number and all was resolved. Curious at best. I am now very suspicious of AVG, anyone else have this issue with them.

Hi, M:

We're glad to hear the reinstall resolved your issue and would like to get more information about the support call to ensure you were speaking with genuine AVG support! Please contact us privately with the number you called so we can look into it for you.

-AVG Team

Original review: June 20, 2018

Do not trust this company. I used their product with no problems but decided to switch providers to consolidate accounts on all my computers. I received a renewal email from AVG that said my account was cancelled because they could not charge my credit card. Then today I received an email saying my account had been renewed using my credit card. Sure enough, I now have a charge for renewal. I have tried to contact them on their website, that is a joke. Apparently they are having "problems" with their site. NEVER USE this company, do not trust their billing.

Hi, Bill:

We're sorry for any confusion. Customers must cancel their accounts prior to their renewal dates in order to avoid being charged. Please contact us privately with your AVG account information and the amount of the charge so we can get this resolved for you.

-AVG Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AVG Antivirus?

Original review: June 19, 2018

This is a scam that tries to get your personal information. They did a auto subscribe without my consent. They knew they could not do over a hundred charge on PayPal so they did two separate transactions at 2:08 am!! I tried to refund thru PayPal. But they stated it was auto payment and could not. Canceling PayPal also. I send an email to AVG, received nonsense of sorry to see you go if I wanted to stay they would give me this for free blah blah. No, I never gave consent nor did I get a notification of intent of withdrawal. I replied stating, "No, I need my money refunded." They in turn stated they could not because the bank and a dispute, which was untrue because I have not contact my bank yet since they replied via email.

Called my bank, found out they is not block or dispute and they stated they thought the email was odd. Found a number to AVG to call and this person was saying he can help me, asking me not for the case numbers but what software. I told him what does that matter. When I stated I wanted the refund he then asked my computer information to gain access!! I couldn't believe I heard correctly, I asked him to repeat it and sure enough, "madam I'm going to give you a few steps to help me gain access to your computer to get your refund." I then said, "You're crazy. Give you access to my personal computer?!!" Yelled at him and hung up. Now I have a dispute and the bank is involved. People do not do any until you read the reviews, there's more bad than good. BE CAREFUL AND NEVER GIVE YOUR INFORMATION TO ANYONE ONLINE OR ON THE PHONE.

Hi, Ana:

We assure you we would never charge you without your consent and would like to resolve this very unusual issue for you. Please contact us privately with where you purchased our software from, the details that appeared on your PayPal and bank accounts (name, amount, etc), and the phone number you called so we can ensure you were dealing with a genuine AVG retailer and genuine AVG support.

Original review: June 19, 2018

AVG emailed me to inform me my anti-virus renewal could not be processed because my credit card expired. I did not want to renew my subscription, therefore, did nothing since they couldn't process the renewal anyway. Today, the renewal amount was taken out of my bank account. My credit card number is the same, only the expiration date changed. Apparently, AVG took it upon themselves to try out new expiration numbers to see if they could automatically renew. I spent over 45 minutes on the phone with foreigners (no offense intended), to be told that my renewal was not yet processed!!! Um, but the money is already debited to my account??? I will have to call back in a day or two to try to process a refund!! If I didn't contact them to ensure proper information for a renewal, it's rather obvious - I DON'T WANT TO RENEW WITH YOU!!! Shady, shady practice. I would, now, never use this company if they were the last ones on earth. Dirty dealing.

Hi, Deborah:

Please contact us directly with the information that appeared in your bank account as well as your AVG account information so we can look into this for you and get the issue resolved. The charge may have been made prior to the card's expiration.

-AVG Team

Original review: May 31, 2018

I use the free AVG Antivirus service and it works for me, no problems, it gives me updates as well as giving me the ability to upgrade the service.

Hi, Anna:

Thanks for choosing AVG for your security needs!

-AVG Team

Original review: April 21, 2018

Since 17 April, 2018, AVG has not been providing Anti-Hacking protection. I paid for full Internet protection, including Anti-Hacking protection. I called their 1800 number on the first day, the person I spoke to could not provide a link to restore the Anti-Hacking protection. Then a person called Bincy keeps sending me emails telling me that they are aware of the problem, and keeps telling me that I should not mention it on their Community Support page.

Also, I paid $59.95 for 12 month subscription, I notice that to renew the subscription next year (2019) it will double to $120.00. So nearly a week later I still do not have Anti-Hacking protection, even though I paid for it. The ACCC (in Australia) should investigate software companies that promise protection, accept payment to provide full Internet protection and are unable to do so, should not be allowed to continue their business. It is stealing and they should be dealt with like any other thief.

Hi, Rosa:

The discounted price was a sale price for new customers. Renewals are done at the full listed price.

Hacking protection refers to the firewall. We assure you your firewall, if enabled, is working properly. There is a known bug in the interface that incorrectly states the firewall is not running when it's enabled. This issue should be resolved. We recommend updating your software to the latest version and rebooting your PC. Please let us know if this resolves your issue!

-AVG Team

Original review: April 10, 2018

As a small business I strive to keep cost down and buy good products. I've used AVG for years but late last year I sprung for the Internet Security Version. I immediately found an issue I never had before. I can see my desktop PC from my laptop and access files as I have always done. However, any desktop PC cannot access the laptop. I fumbled around with the AVG interface for half an hour (I am not a novice with PCs or software, I consider myself at least competent if not a power user) and finally found the "Enhanced Firewall" on the laptop AVG install. The interface showing the working IP addresses and such is hi tech and looks cool but is NOT intuitive AT ALL.

Short story, I ended up TURNING OFF the hi tech firewall and turning the old Windows firewall BACK ON. Trying to change or edit permissions is a yeoman task! You click on the router IP and no provision for rules, unblock, block etc come up! AVG used to be a moderately simple to use product for me with experience in IT work and network security. However, this new version requires a degree in effective mind reading to use! Performance is great but if the firewall is a stone wall with difficult or unclear instructions or options "make a new rule" for example, a new rule for what??

You should be able to click on the IP of your router in their hi tech screen and say "Block or Unblock" end of complexity. I loved AVG because it was light, nimble and pretty effective but now I am not so sure. Evaluate the options and as I am, a business guy who hung up his RJ45 cables to do training find a product that is effective, easy to configure and cost effective. I don't know if AVG is or will continue to be that product!

Hi, John:

Thanks for your feedback. We're always interested in how our customers feel we can make our software even better. If you have any other thoughts about how we can further improve, please contact us privately and let us know!

-AVG Team

Original review: March 16, 2018

I ignored warnings when I was told that AUG steal your documents. So this morning I downloaded their free antivirus to try it out on my computer. I then went to work on my manuscript. I worked on it all day and then again in the evening and then the next thing I know the whole manuscript disappears and a message comes up saying 'fatal error'. So I did a search but, no, the file had completely disappeared from my USB stick. So now I am without my work - yes, I do have a backup file but it's old and has none of the work that I completed over the last few weeks. So I'm not happy with AVG - as far as I'm concerned AVG stole my work and did untold damage. This is not only amoral it's despicable also and the sooner governments put a stop to this kind of practice by multinationals the better.

Hi, Colette:

Thank you for reaching out. Our software won't delete anything without your permission. The file was likely transferred to your virus vault. Open the User Interface and click Options, Virus Vault, and select the appropriate file(s) to restore. If you have any additional questions or require further assistance, please contact us privately and we'll be happy to help.

-AVG Team

Original review: March 15, 2018

I recently was charged 49.95 by AVG software for what I guess is the "FREE" antivirus software... the only AVG product I have on my computer. The best part is they charged this to a brand new credit card number which is one day old and has never been used!!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE UNLESS THEY HAVE SPYWARE ON MY COMPUTER. I will repost once I contact my credit card company and dispute this charge. BEWARE OF AVG... I think they might be thieves.

Hi, Paul:

We assure you we would never charge you for anything without your specific approval and do not install spyware on our customer's devices. Please contact us privately with more information so we can investigate further. Please include the link to where you downloaded the software from, the name listed on the charge, etc.

-AVG Team

Original review: March 14, 2018

I recently called AVG because I upgraded from the free anti-virus to internet security. I downloaded the new add-on and everything worked fine until a few days later. It said I only had basic protection and I could not get it to update. I called AVG and was told by a Filipino agent that I needed "special tools" that would get rid of Avast on my computer and that it would cost me extra money. I was then transferred to her manager who tried telling me the same thing!

First off, Avast has free removal tools on their website along with every other company. I used this to take it off and went to the my subscription tab in AVG, clicked my subscription and inserted the info needed. This completely corrected the issue. No extra $$ needed. I'm also very upset that there are no American reps to speak with and all call center agents are outsourced to the Philippines. I have no problems with Filipinos, but our cultures clash. They are NOT friendly and seem untrustworthy. I'll finish my year since they have a no refund policy and switch to another company that values their customers!!

Hi, V.F.:

Please contact us privately with the number you dialed as it does not sound like you were speaking with genuine AVG support and we would like to investigate further.

-AVG Team

Original review: March 3, 2018

I recently purchased AVG Internet Security with the name Ultimate on the end but it doesn't say that on the software title, was told by customer service it is? Anyway, had trouble loading it on my netbook and called customer service and they obviously were wanting to sell me a tech support package for like $149.00, I believe it was, and I said NO but then got it loaded with better info from a customer service person. This AVG is for more than one computer and so I removed a free version of another brand of antivirus on my other computer, which is a desktop, that was working just fine and installed my purchased version of AVG, after removing the other free version of course. As normal it required the usual reboot only to just get to the desktop and then. Boom it reboots. It soon was apparent the software wasn't going to run and I then returned computer to an earlier time with the restore point.

Again to try and make a long story short, they were trying to run me down that same rabbit hole and soon would've been wanting to sell me tech support again for second time. This reminds me of Norton Internet Security, I used their software for maybe 4 years and it later became buggy and wanted to sell tech support to me and reap profits. I might add that last year when I renewed AVG I was using the free version for a bit and it allowed me to use the AVG Tuneup, what a mistake. My hibernate mode never worked after that. I am done with these dummies, they permanently lost a customer just like Norton did. Oh and, after I purchased this AVG from Best Buy the girl then says, "By the way no returns." From now on I will say, "Okay want a refund but I didn't think I'd have issues with it," boy was I wrong. Don't waste your money. They are not the same company.

Hi, Douglas:

Support is included on our paid products, so we would like to ensure you were speaking with genuine AVG support. Please contact us privately with more information so we can investigate further and help get your issues resolved.

-AVG Team

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

AVG may have been a credible company in the past, but downloading their latest software on my desktop computer, I had the biggest nightmare I have ever experienced, and I hope nobody ever has to deal with it. After downloading their "antivirus" software directly from their site, I executed the installation and was prompted to restart my computer. Following the restart, I logged in as usual, and when my desktop image loaded up, it suddenly backed out and went back to the login screen, saying my "login credentials had expired" and I needed to "use an admin account". Well, being the only user on my computer, I WAS an admin, and I had been locked away from my personal files, business software, and years of work/images/videos potentially gone.

I immediately looked up AVG's number and called them and explained what happened, and was directed through their customer service to create another "User" account using the command line and fancy coding, and eventually they were able to create a new Admin user which showed the software which was downloaded on the computer for all users, but my desktop image and all personal files tied to my personal account were obviously still not accessible. I was then told by the "customer support specialist" that I had to PAY MONEY to get further help in getting back into my user account. I was outraged, they were telling me, "Well we fixed your computer but you want extended help which is going to cost you $129 for a one-time service fee".

They transferred me to a supervisor after I asked for one, and she tried to tell me that my computer was fixed and that any additional issues I was experiencing were due to "other problems on my computer which previously existed". She even had the audacity to say to me "My technician tells me that he was able to get an Admin account created and says that you were able to log in, were you not? I don't understand how AVG is responsible for you not being able to get into your personal files when you just told me you were able to log in..." I was outraged that they were trying to blame me for the problems I was having. I reset my computer every night and this problem was directly tied with the installation of their software. Before they put me on the line with some supposed "supervisor" **, I had asked the computer technician how common of a problem this was, and the guy said this type of thing happens all the time!

I mentioned this to the lady when she was insisting that the problem wasn't caused by their software and that I had to pay, and she said that the computer technician never told me it "was a common issue" and that the problem I was experiencing was a unique one which she had "never seen before" and which her "trusted software" never created. Complete and total **. After playing games with this stupid ** and being tied up with her for over an hour and a half, she finally gave in and shared a phone number for their "customer service" line. I figured she was just getting rid of me with another automated line or something, but it did eventually pick up with a human who simply instructed me to restore to a system restore point (inside the Admin account they created for me) to a time before the software was installed.

So after about 3 or 4 hours I finally had my computer back. However, at some point within the annoying hour and a half where I was talking with this "supervisor" lady who was INSISTING that I had to pay money (going over all her package pricing, etc) I was extremely exasperated. Towards the end I even got to the point where I told her that I would have to file a lawsuit against the company if I was forced to pay money to recover my data from a corporate entity which hijacked the use of my computer in the first place. I asked the lady where the company headquarters were located because I was trying to convince her that I was serious about suing them, really I was just ** her trying to get the help from her without having to pay $100-$200, but when I asked her that she answered that she was in Indonesia and that the company headquarters was in India.

There was a long pause after that where both her and I didn't say anything but mutually understood each other; that there was no chance that I could legally sue scammers located in these parts of the world. And now it makes perfect sense to me why they are not a US-regulated enterprise. Regardless, I told her that if I could not sue, that I would leave scathing reviews of my experience in any location I could possibly find, so that nobody else falls into the trap and has their personal computer hijacked like I did. After telling her this, she said "Oh yea? Oh so you are going to make a serious accusation against me like that? Well then if you are going to accuse us of something like that, that's a really serious type of thing, and we won't help you in that case."

I basically had to lie to her and apologize saying that I was just really frustrated and I wanted her to see how important this was to me, but I reassured her that I wouldn't leave bad reviews. And to be honest, I was planning on keeping my word and I really WASN'T going to leave bad reviews anywhere (even though I should have all along) UNTIL these ENTIRE LAST TWO WEEKS have been non-stop telemarketer abuse on the cell phone that I called her from. My cell phone used to not be that bad for these types of spam calls, but now I get telemarketer calls at least 3-4 times a day and it's strikingly obvious that the "supervisor" ** from AVG put me on their **-list after I made that "threat" to her of TALKING ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE. A-Stay A-Way from AVG. What a NIGHTMARE!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Downloaded what was supposed to be free software only to be hit with $60 fee months later. They hid this in 27 pages of legalese and stand by it. This is a total scam. I had no idea I would be billed for something I did not order but they sneak in under the fine print. Scam artists!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

They advertise $39.99 for nearly everything, but after you pay you will find it really doesn't cover much of anything and then AVG will start suggesting you upgrade so you can get the type of service you thought you were getting. If you're dumb enough to try it (I was) you will only get conned again! This time to get all of the professional features you will need to fork over another $20. These guys are a ripoff and their program is mediocre. When my service expires, I will definitely find a better, less expensive security program, and there are lots out there, I just found out after the fact.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I have been a paid customer over ten years with AVG including Internet Security and other programs. Until recently when problems started with staff communications and programs. AVG Security V.P.N. with various cost for same product, then problems downloading, but most important the direct debit. Previous Direct Debit was from AVG Now their accounts I understand are now run by "Digital River Ireland Sydney" (see reviews about this company Trend Micro Home Users Community). This has been listed as a scam. As a result my bank has now closed my account and are investigating. Not to mention the inconvenience this has caused.

I have attempted to inform AVG of this problem, the only way of contacting AVG is by their chat online. This is unsatisfactory when requested for an email address to forward information the answer was it is company policy not to give out email address. Once again very unsatisfactory, it appears this company is not interested in customer feedback. The chat person when I attempted to draw their attention to this problem, I was not treated as a customer should be and the comment constantly throughout the chat was and I quote "Digital River Ireland is a payment gateway company in partnership with AVG." This in turn is not recognized by my bank, as previous direct debits were listed as AVG. Being a Internet Security company one would have thought due to any critical changes to Direct Debit Paying customers would have been notified in person. Not a happy Camper.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I downloaded their sad CCleaner ripoff for a free trial to stop the pop ups that happened every time I tried to use their product. As it was a ripoff of a superior product. I canceled the service the same day. One month later, AVG removed 49.99 from my bank account. I take time out of my day to call AVG, again, to cancel my service. AVG returns the money. I check my account 5 days later and see AVG has deducted 49.99 from my PayPal account. Another call and 2 online chats with AVG get me nothing. They admit that yes I have canceled service, but they are going to have to "investigate" to see why they can't stop taking my money. AVG says I will have to be in the negative with my PayPal account until they figure out where they have messed up. I will never use AVG again, and it now my mission to let everyone I can know how shady AVG operates. DO NOT USE.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I purchased this software last year and was happy to use it and I believe it served me well. What I hate about AVG are the constant ads to buy more and more products. I find their harassing techniques to be aggravating, annoying and downright unprofessional. If you decide not to renew for another year, the ads increase to three a day with enticements and threats. When I chatted with their representative to complain about all these ads, he stated that "No one is forcing you to buy our software." He is right... and I won't. Not worth the hassle or loss of peace-of-mind. They have chased away this previously satisfied customer.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I've been using AVG for well over 10 years. Over the weekend, my computer caught a virus that's blocking internet connection and preventing AVG from launching. I've spoken to AVG via chat. Of course you're getting reps from India. And I don't have an issue with that. But because they're outsourced staff, they really don't listen to what your problem is. Apparently AVG can no longer fix problems if you cannot connect online. NO problem though. There are plenty of antivirus companies that can.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Over the years I've noticed the degradation of AVG - the deluge of pop-ups, sub-par performance in their UI, etc. Last night I finally decided to uninstall it... to find it was taking up 18.5 gigs of space. Granted, I'm running with 2.5 tb of space so 20 gigs is a drop in the bucket, but still. A few years ago it was barely 185 mb. This morning, after deciding to let Windows Defender helm the wheel with Malwarebytes as back-up while I did some research and talked to my full stack dev guy on what he uses and why, it spots what AVG scans have missed for, oh, SIX MONTHS? Windows Defender picked up Trojan.Poweliks that AVG had been missing on its full scan every week, on a quick scan. Run Malwarebytes and it spots roughly 41 instances of where this trojan has replicated itself. I would recommend skipping AVG. It's essentially adware at this point.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I had AVG antivirus protection yrs ago and had cancelled my subscription back in 2015. I just noticed a charge of 69.99 on my credit card bill this year. I don't notice it last year so they have been billing me for 2 years. They said they had send me an email informing me of the auto renewal to an email that I no longer even had which gives no choice to stop them. I have made over 10 calls to them and they emailed me back with one employee refusing to refund any money and another email says they will only refund this year's charge. So who do I believe. I believe this is a great injustice and should be stopped. I have read that companies like this are charging people for the rest of their lives for auto renewal even after they have cancelled their subscriptions. This is just wrong! I warn anyone who ever pushes a auto renewal button or that would even consider using AVG. They are thieves.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have AVG software installed for 1 year starting in Sept 2017 thru Sept 2018. I was using my PC when a message said AVG needed to update so I said OK. When the PC restarted I had a screen that said Avast AVG was not valid and I needed a new license and my software had been disabled. After spending an hour with tech support they said Avast software (which is a division of AVG) had disabled AVG and then wanted to charge me to correct the issue. What a scam, beware of AVG... They are crooks from India at best.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I am 86 years old, my complaint is about (AVG eCommerce CY Limited). They took $53.99 out of my PayPal account without any notification to me, not happy with paypal for paying it without my confirmation, my complaint to paypal was answered by, they could not stop that payment, but would stop any future payments, on looking online complaints about AVG there are pages and pages about this behaviour. To me it appears to be a scam, I cannot find on AVG website how to send them a letter of complaint, I am deaf, so I can not ring them.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Not only the antivirus but the maintenance program for both desktop, laptop and iPhone for $40 per year makes it all very affordable. All my electronics are getting old and I still have no desire to replace with AVG watching over them. The anti virus is the free version and to my knowledge I haven't had an issue since using AVG.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Used Norton & McAfee many years ago but had issues with both. Too long ago to remember specifics but have used AVG since (at least 6 years) with no problems. Easy to install & run; doesn't interfere with anything else running. Have never needed to call on their customer service for anything.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

It is an excellent virus protection and if something is detected on my computer, I am usually notified that something is wrong and where to go to correct the problem.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I used a viral antivirus software from the time I owned my first computer. I'm a bit of a technophobic but the program is highly recommend by leading publications. My computer experience goes back to punch cards.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Installation very easy. Simple to use and seems to be effective. Does not overuse resources. A good choice for antivirus and price is great. Nice work and would advise usage.

AVG Antivirus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

AVG Technologies specializes in software for consumer and business internet security, personal privacy and identity protection. Founded in 1991, AVG now serves over 200 million monthly active users.

• Works across devices: AVG has developed antivirus software that works on PC, Mac, Windows Phone and Android and iOS phones and tablets.

• Free: AVG’s basic antivirus software is enough to support most basic needs and is free to download. Upgrade to AVG Pro for $59.99 to add a firewall, password protection and more with a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Remote protection: Scan PCs for viruses and remove viruses remotely with your mobile phone.

• Link Scanner: This feature works while you are on a website, Twitter or Facebook. AVG analyzes links in all three places to keep you from clicking on a link that will install malicious software or take you to a criminal website.

• Community and real time protection: When an AVG user encounters a new threat, the software automatically sends updates to protect all users. Outbreak Detection technology finds the newest malware outbreaks in real-time.

• Best for: Individuals and families.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
    Shelley Elmblad

Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

AVG Antivirus Company Information