About AVG Antivirus
AVG Technologies offers innovative and comprehensive online security for private and business use. It provides a wide variety of security products, including virus scanning, malware removal and antivirus downloads for computers and businesses.
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
- Won’t slow down your computer
- Offers free versions
- Easy to use software
- Free version is limited
- Adding devices is pricey
AVG is ideal for people and businesses looking for a basic program that offers high-quality protection. There are many free options to try, and the program is effective in detecting and removing threats to online security.
What is AVG?
AVG Technologies protects devices, data and personal information on personal and business computers and mobile devices. AVG offers different packages that can be customized for your specific security needs — the AVG Ultimate package for Macs and PCs includes high-quality antivirus software, tuneups and VPN services to keep your device secure.
The internet security feature can instantly detect any threats to your online security, while the tuneup feature helps your devices run smoothly. The secure VPN aspect helps keep you safe online by keeping your IP address private and letting you access your favorite content from your device no matter where you are.
AVG also offers high-tech security protections for your mobile devices, including:
- AVG Antivirus for Android and iPhones
- AVG Cleaner
- AVG Secure Browsers
- AVG Secure VPN for Android and iPhone
AVG strives to offer top quality online security protection at affordable rates. The amount you pay per month depends on how many devices you're trying to protect and the level of protection you need. For example, two years of AVG secure VPN service on five devices is $3.99 a month. AVG Ultimate is $79.99 a year, and AVG Tuneup is $39.99 a year.
AVG Technologies FAQ
- Is AVG good?
- AVG has a lot of great features that help keep your identity safe and secure on the internet. The price point can be a little high compared to other security services in the market, but you can try it free for 30 days. Many mobile devices already come with this type of security to detect viruses, but PC users could benefit from the extra protection provided by this type of antivirus program.
- What is AVG Ultimate?
- AVG Ultimate combines internet security, VPN services and computer and mobile device tuneups to create a comprehensive online security package.
- How much does AVG Antivirus cost?
- VPN service on five devices is $3.99 a month. AVG Ultimate is $79.99 a year, and AVG Tuneup is $39.99 a year. Prices vary depending on how many devices you need to cover.
- Is AVG a good antivirus software?
- Yes. AVG is an easy-to-install, reliable and trusted antivirus and ransomware protection program.
- How does AVG Antivirus work?
- AVG runs in the background whenever your computer or mobile device is on. When the program detects a threat, it alerts you and sets the possibly infected files to the side so you don't open them on accident. You can then remove the files without risking infecting the rest of your computer or mobile device.
- Will AVG Antivirus slow down my computer?
- No. The seamless and innovative design works so that you don't even know it's there.
- How do I contact AVG customer service?
- You can contact customer support and technical support by visiting the “Contact Us” section on the company’s website.
Is AVG safe?
AVG Antivirus is a reputable company that produces safe software that helps keep your computer and mobile devices secure. We recommend AVG’s antivirus software to anyone searching for a comprehensive antivirus program that won’t slow down their PC or mobile phone.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,027,984 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Their software was relentless at putting up popups on my screen trying to sell me more products. I had had enough. So I waited for the subscription to run out to cancel. BIG MISTAKE. They hit my bank through PayPal a day early and I am in my 5th week of fighting to get my refund. I had blocked the payment because I had read they are ruthless about refunds. I didn't block Digital River and that was how the charge appeared so they went around the block I put on them. They give a song and dance about having 30 days to cancel. **
Avoid AVG and Avast! It will cost you! AVG has been charging my credit card for 4 years without my knowledge at various amounts for the last 4 years. I don't even have the product even on my computer. They are known for selling data! Avast has taken over as a browser and it is very difficult/impossible to uninstall. AVG won't refund!
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Once they have your info they take money at will. They supposedly have a 30 day return policy that they don't honor. I will have to dispute it with my bank. They are a terrible company. Free doesn't exist. They charged me $81 without any notice.
I received a notice from Paypal that my subscription to AVG was being automatically renewed and a charge placed to my account two weeks prior to expiration date I tried unsuccessfully for two hours to cancel my renewal via AVG. I received no prior notice of renewal prior to my Paypal account being charged. At that point, however, I tried to cancel online with AVG, I was instructed to have a live "chat". I even tried to find unsuccessfully any phone numbers to call. I even sent a message to another website of AVG to try to cancel but got no response. Finally, after two hours of trying cancel my renewal and obtain a refund, I was forced to "chat."
By this time my patience had been exhausted and I made it very clear to Rachele Ann that I did not want to chat but wanted to cancel my subscription. I was frankly very clear that I did not want to tell her why I wanted to cancel but she just would not listen. I used no foul language. She finally just hung up without responding to my request to cancel my renewal. I had not other alternative but to complain to Paypal about the treatment I received and how it is impossible to cancel a renewal online. Paypal did notify me later that evening I was getting a refund. This is yet another example of a company forcing you to sign up for automatic renewal and then making it almost impossible to cancel the renewal. There are no phone numbers to call and emails that I got were that to which you cannot reply. I will never use AVG again. Buyers beware!!
Hello, I had bought online AVG Internet Security for my pc from their partner Avast-tn.com and I want to talk about their antispyware "AVG Sensitive data Shield" feature that is to supposed to scan my documents on my pc and secure them against unauthorized access. Till now, nothing really new, most of antivirus do that. What impressed me, is that I can prevent user accounts, my wife or my child for example who have signed on my pc, to have access to my Windows session and open my documents protected with Sensitive data Shield feature. That's cool.
I have used Free AVG for many years and was satisfied until recently when they charged me $89.00 for use of an upgraded service that I did not order. As a senior and not a real techie I felt the Free AVG was good enough for me. I contacted them and requested a refund as I did not authorize the $89.00 payment but they refused. I warn others to start checking their credit cards or bank accounts and make the same hasn't happened to them I feel it is theft by deception.
I tried AVG long ago and have stuck with them since I have not suffered any successful incursions so far. They have always been ahead of the game. Been very satisfied with their VPN and AntiVirus apps.
Great user interface and a great price. Customer support is good. Updates are always available on a frequent basis which means they update to the latest threats consistently. I've used them for years and it has never let me down.
I have used AVG on my cellphone and tablet for several years without problems. It's easy to use and has several useful functions. I have a separate VPN. The combination makes me feel safer when surfing the net on an unfamiliar network.
I've used AVG for over 10 years, and there's been no breach of my personal information; computer viruses; identity theft. It alerts when malware is detected, and immediately quarantines. My computer is scanned daily. It is non-intrusive; does not slow my computer; works silently in the background. I couldn't be more pleased with AVG Antivirus!
AVG Antivirus Company Information
- Company Name:
- AVG Antivirus
- Year Founded:
- 149 Bluxome St.
- San Francisco
- Postal Code:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.