Willoughby, Ohio

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.70/5

AVG Technologies offers innovative and comprehensive online security for private and business use. It provides a wide variety of security products, including virus scanning, malware removal and antivirus downloads for computers and businesses.

AVG Antivirus Shop Now

Unsubscribe at any time.

AVG Antivirus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AVG Antivirus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AVG Antivirus?

Original review: April 4, 2020

I use the antivirus that I received with my computer when I purchased it. It runs regularly and will ping for a threat thats found. its probably the most basic software for an antivirus but as I dont do much except work and maybe netflix once in a while, it works for me.

Original review: March 27, 2020

It works great for what I use my computer for which is just surfing the web. I don't use my computer for any personal business like Bill paying or banking. Or any other personal info so this works for me just fine.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I have been using the free version on multiple devices for years and it has generally done a good job. Had to use another program usually Malware Bytes a few times to clean up an issue. Good product.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I have used avg for years. Never a problem. Free version or a very affordable upgrade. Does kot hog memory or slow your pc like McAfee and Norton. Catches latest malware and viruses. It has never failed.

Original review: March 21, 2020

It’s good. I trust them and they have a free option. It works constantly, it warns you about malware, I never had a problem with it installed on my computer. It also does not interfere with other programs.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I use the Free version that tells me every day of things that are slowing my computer, and it shows me ads and tells me I should upgrade and buy other products. Being living on Social Security I can't afford the full cost AV.

Original review: March 11, 2020

For the most part I have been satisfied with AVG, but recently I noticed that I seem to have duplicate subscriptions associated with my account. First of all, it concerns me that it would be possible to subscribe twice to the same subscription without AVG letting me know at the time that I already had that subscription. I have always thought that when I was renewing it was because my old subscription was actually running out (indicated by numerous emails and notifications from AVG) and that I was just renewing, not adding it a second time.

Secondly, I have been trying to find a way to contact them to ask if there was some other explanation for this but am finding it impossible to get in contact with support. I tried starting a chat but after writing my message it just went to a page that said "chat is not available at this time". And there was no option to send as an email. This makes me feel like I have no other option but to leave a honest review and hope they will get back to me. I am frustrated with the lack of clarity and communication. But hopeful that it might improve in future and that my issue might actually be addressed. We shall see.

Resolution response: Feb. 25, 2020

I have to eat some crow. My last review was quite critical of AVG; not for the quality of their software but for the quality of their customer service. Having heard nothing for several days after contacting them with my original grievance I had written the issue off with no hope of recovery. I thought the best thing to do would be to spread the news and limit the casualties. Had I waited just a few more days I would have discovered that AVG had, indeed, refunded all my costs by crediting my card. I was too quick! I was wrong and I apologize. This level of care, attention and responsibility demonstrated by AVG is rare in my experience. This speaks lowly of the state of business ethics today. I'll take this as a sign that we're improving. I'll be back with AVG as soon as the dust settles and my embarrassment subsides. I would not hesitate to recommend this firm to anyone.

Keith

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

It might well be wonderful software. I'll never know. I was using the Antivirus and Tune Up modules on a free 60 day trial which began at the end of 12/19. In January my cc got hit for the whole pop. I called and asked for a refund (which was given, thanks) and for the subscription to be canceled (which, apparently, was not). On February 1, 2020 the cc got hit again for the exact same amount ($75.00). This time, when I called (about 6 times) I got a song and dance about their inability to grant the refund UNTIL I first pay them $250.00 to clean my computer and then AND ONLY THEN will they be able to cancel my subscription and grant my refund. Pretty cute, huh? Smell like a RANSOM to you? Me too. I'm going to do everything I can but I don't hold out much hope and losing that $75.00 hurts like a tooth. I thought, for the benefit of an online community that has always been good to me, I would pass this along. Tread carefully.

Keith

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Bought the multidevice AVG Ultimate product. Far from ultimate and multidevice. Do not buy. Tried to add my iPhone and when tried to add the subscription does not work. Reached out to support and was advised mobile device is a separate subscription. Misleading product and service. Very disappointed. Do not buy on on multi product mislead information. Other products on the market not pulling this crap.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

My husband and I purchased AVG for 2 years in September of 2019. We had a tech friend come over and check to see why one of the computers was not working correctly. He uninstalled AVG and installed ESET onto the computer. Once ESET ran it found a Trojan and removed it. I contacted AVG about the Trojan and explained to them I would like a refund as we paid for 2 years and will not be using their services any longer as a Trojan was found. They informed me that they would not give us a refund, due to it being past their 30 day guarantee and to contact their customer care team.

AVG Antivirus Company Information