Willoughby, Ohio

4.0/5 (181 ratings)

About AVG Antivirus

AVG Technologies offers innovative and comprehensive online security for private and business use. It provides a wide variety of security products, including virus scanning, malware removal and antivirus downloads for computers and businesses.

Pros

• Won’t slow down your computer
  • Offers free versions
  • Easy to use software

Cons

• Free version is limited
  • Adding devices is pricey

Bottom Line

AVG is ideal for people and businesses looking for a basic program that offers high-quality protection. There are many free options to try, and the program is effective in detecting and removing threats to online security.

AVG Antivirus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AVG Antivirus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AVG Antivirus?

Original review: April 1, 2020

The product I use is free and is still a good choice. It gets updated regularly. It protects me like all the other ones do. It is the best I have found for the price. Good choice. No trouble with it. Easy to use.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Even the free version which I have had for 10 years has been very intuitive and is pretty reliable for blocking most threats. However it has missed some serious threats and is always showing pop-ups to try to sell more protection apps.

Original review: March 27, 2020

It works great for what I use my computer for which is just surfing the web. I don't use my computer for any personal business like Bill paying or banking. Or any other personal info so this works for me just fine.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I have been using the free version on multiple devices for years and it has generally done a good job. Had to use another program usually Malware Bytes a few times to clean up an issue. Good product.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I have used avg for years. Never a problem. Free version or a very affordable upgrade. Does kot hog memory or slow your pc like McAfee and Norton. Catches latest malware and viruses. It has never failed.

Original review: March 22, 2020

We are using the free versions accompanied by CCleaner and Malwarebytes all free versions. They work together scheduled during hours we are not in the computer. So far we have had no difficulty but monitor when new versions are available.

Original review: March 21, 2020

It’s good. I trust them and they have a free option. It works constantly, it warns you about malware, I never had a problem with it installed on my computer. It also does not interfere with other programs.

Original review: March 21, 2020

AVG offers a multitude of choices for software. They cover all aspects for antivirus software. Their daily scrub of my computer is very thorough and effective. Updates are often and very secure. I love the all encompassing aspect of one click search for viruses and clean-up. Or you can do separate searches yourself. They have an excellent rating from CNET and they are among the top virus software. Very good customer service with any problems.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I use the Free version that tells me every day of things that are slowing my computer, and it shows me ads and tells me I should upgrade and buy other products. Being living on Social Security I can't afford the full cost AV.

Original review: March 11, 2020

For the most part I have been satisfied with AVG, but recently I noticed that I seem to have duplicate subscriptions associated with my account. First of all, it concerns me that it would be possible to subscribe twice to the same subscription without AVG letting me know at the time that I already had that subscription. I have always thought that when I was renewing it was because my old subscription was actually running out (indicated by numerous emails and notifications from AVG) and that I was just renewing, not adding it a second time.

Secondly, I have been trying to find a way to contact them to ask if there was some other explanation for this but am finding it impossible to get in contact with support. I tried starting a chat but after writing my message it just went to a page that said "chat is not available at this time". And there was no option to send as an email. This makes me feel like I have no other option but to leave a honest review and hope they will get back to me. I am frustrated with the lack of clarity and communication. But hopeful that it might improve in future and that my issue might actually be addressed. We shall see.

AVG Antivirus Company Information