1.42/5

Holland, OH

223 Page Plus Cellular Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Wow... What a horrible service. Do yourself a favor and stand clear, the person that answers the phone is extremely rude, he hangs up the phone on you. I was simply asking for some sort of understanding on how it is that he has a final bill for service that was paid at 1 yr at time, and it cancels after if we choose not to renew. This was his final words before he hung up on me... "It's your bill, have a good day pal... click." Lol. The balance is only $15.95. Enjoy your dying pager business.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We've been using Page Plus for a couple of years and have been on their auto-renew plan. December 2018 my husband lost service for no obvious reason. Customer service had no explanation and said my husband would have to renew his plan without the auto-renew discount in order to get his service restored. In other words, we would have to pay extra to correct the mistake their system made.

1/23/2019 I got an email saying there was a problem with my auto-renew. I called immediately to see what the problem was so that I wouldn't lose service. When speaking with the representative, he told me that the email must have been sent in error and that everything was fine. I specifically asked, "So my service won't be interrupted?" and he confirmed that everything would be fine.

1/24/2019 (the next day) I woke up to no phone service. I called Page Plus again and was told my auto-renew was declined. They said it must have been a problem with my credit card, however I had been using my card and none of my information has changed. I explained that their customer service rep told me yesterday that everything was fine and it was just an email error. They were completely unwilling to own up to the mistake. They said they would renew my service for the normal monthly rate but couldn't provide the auto renew discount, just as they told my husband. I said I believed it would be fair for them to credit the difference since the error wasn't on my end. They refused. I had to renew this month since I needed service immediately for work (and interestingly enough, my credit card that "didn't work" for the auto-renew worked just fine this time!). This seems like a dishonest practice in order to force customers to pay more.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I set up a monthly auto renewal plan for cell phone service with Page Plus. I originally set it up to expire/renew on a certain day of every month. Page Plus arbitrarily or errantly changed that date. On my account on their website there is an option to get records of past payments and past applications of those purchased pins. There are no records available under those options. The options are there, but they do not work and have not worked for some time.

When I contacted them they refused to help. In fact, they seemed to not be able to understand how their own system works. You can set up to PAY on one day, stack the "pin," and then have applied automatically before expiration of the account. In other words, you can set up to pay before the due date in order to prevent an error. At this very moment, they charge me on the one day and apply the renewal several days later (the 2nd date being the wrong date). The customer chat agent flat out refused to fix the date back to my original date. I asked for a supervisor.

To make a long story short: the supervisor repeatedly insisted that it is not possible to have a payment date different from the actual date of application of the pin. Only I have had it set up that way for some time, and it is set up that way at the moment of this writing! The distinct feeling I got from the supervisor is that she had hardened into a place of resisting me to the point where she literally could not even understand my concern. She got ruder and ruder and eventually just disconnected me, having never even shown that she understood what I was saying. She just said it was impossible, completely ignoring that I was experiencing what she says was impossible at the very time we were talking!

Page Plus is dirt cheap. That is why we went with them. That is all you get though. Be prepared for really bad customer service and not-so-competent customer service workers. I have actually received very poor customer service from them in the past and they have on several occasions made errors on my account and it was very difficult to get them to understand. I am only taking the time to detail this one event. I am very disappointed and frustrated with Page Plus Cellular. The mistakes are one thing, the stubborn unwillingness to see and understand what a customer is actually experiencing from them is quite another. I cannot recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Paid $43 for one month's unlimited service on 12/6/18. My bill summary now states my service will end on 12/26/18. So now, exactly how many days of service have I actually been paying for? 20 days? Time to pay a visit to my local service provider for an explanation. Seems I may have been shortchanged. On second thought, I have been shortchanged! Question is, for how long?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I had been a customer for 10 years. They disconnected my service before the payment was due and they have drafted my bank account every month for ten years. They gave me some BS that the payment is in suspense. I will go somewhere else and if I was YOU... I WOULD GO FOR CELL SERVICE SOMEWHERE ELSE AS WELL. I gave them one star since there is no provision for zero stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

This company no longer provides reasonable customer service. Before the TracFone takeover, customer service was fantastic (when they were based out of Ohio). Now, they really provide no customer service at all. When money is incorrectly applied to the account or services are not being properly provided, their customer service agents in the Philippines simply read standard messages off of their computer screens. They never actually help you solve a problem. They never refund money even when their system is at fault. I guess this is the way TracFone companies work. They assume most people will just get frustrated and give up. Let me assure you, that even if you are persistent, they will still not offer a satisfactory answer/solution to the problem. This company is just awful now. Page Plus was once the best prepaid carrier. Now I can tell you it is one of the worst (at least in terms of customer service).

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I cancelled autopay online for my mother to close her account. They charged her account the next month. When I called to ask why, they said there is a glitch online and it doesn't always cancel autopay. Yet online, it shows as canceled, so from our view it was completed. Page Plus REFUSED to reimburse despite her phone not used at all that month. I will cancel her debit card so they cannot further fraudulently charge her account.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I keep getting emails from PP telling me that my service has been disconnected but I still have time to refill. Which is untrue as my acct is active and each time I get these emails I am fresh from a refill just a few days before. This is not good giving customers false info. I report this to PP and they just say it's a glitch on their end and disregard. Concerns me in that I may wake up someday and not have any service because of a glitch on their software. I tried their auto monthly refills and it worked a few months but then one month they didn't charge me the fee and of course my service did go down. Not sure if I'm staying with these people. I like the Verizon NW but may have to switch directly with them even if it cost more. PP has become a little too flaky for my taste.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I chose Page Plus basically because the price of the plan is cheap. I knew the service couldn't be as good as big companies like Verizon, but I didn't think it was so bad. A 10-dollar international calling credit should be included in my plan, and it worked well in the beginning month. In the next billing cycle, it stopped working. I online chatted with a representative and she said she added the credit to my plan. I expected the credit would be "added" to my plan automatically. A couple of days ago, my data stopped working. I chatted with their representative again, and she told me to turn the phone off, take the sim card out, put the sim card back, and turn the phone on. When I found a pin and completed the process, I found she ended the chat because she waited more than one minute. Are you kidding me? One minute? Oh you are so great!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We were billed twice in August of 2018 for cell phone service through Page Plus Cellular. I disputed one and only ONE of the two charges. So a few weeks later, the PP cell phone service was suspended because of a billing dispute. I called PP and they said that they only "see" one charge (the one that was disputed) and they don't see the second charge. They said they wanted a copy of the credit card bill, the IMEI #, a written statement, and the cell phone number in question and they would resolve the problem in 24-48 hours. I told them, I need a cell phone right now and recommended that I just give them a credit card number and reactivate the phone immediately - they said they couldn't do this. So I submitted all the information they asked for and 3 days later, no resolution and no cell phone service.

At this point, I said, enough is enough. I am currently trying to port my number over to Verizon Wireless as a result of this and Page Plus is not being cooperative with Verizon Wireless. The only reason I'm still even dealing with Page Plus and not telling them to piss off and just disputing BOTH cc charges with Visa is that I need my cell phone number to be ported over. I'm currently on a conference call between me, Verizon Wireless, and Page Plus trying to get the number ported over. Page Plus is saying that they can't port the number because there is a chargeback from the credit card and now the account is suspended. I told them that I have emailed them (3 DAYS AGO!) a copy of my credit card statement showing the double charge and that the suspension is not justified.

VZ wireless and I are being bounced around to different departments, being put repeatedly on hold, and no matter how this works out in the end, I couldn't be more unhappy with the customer service I'm getting at Page Plus. An absolute nightmare. Also, in the last few years with Page Plus, the service has shut down for no reason at all. I suspect that PP has a system that is held together with duct tape and repaired with band-aids. Customer service at Page Plus is perhaps the worst I ever dealt with.

Page Plus Cellular Company Information