Holland, OH

2.7/5 (541 ratings)

About Page Plus Cellular

Page Plus Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I have been a customer since 2008. This company has gone downhill all at once. It started 5 years ago. You absolutely cannot understand the advisor you’re speaking to and they do not understand the meaning of most English words. It’s clear when they are reading from a script that has nothing to do with your question. The automatic draft will come 2-5 days ahead of the listed payment date. And yes, this does stop your service even though the payment is not due. Customer service has no explanation of this and the script they use to explain it doesn’t make sense. (Not relevant)

You never know each month if you’re going to get the correct data speed. Even though I use my home WiFi and hardly use my cellular network it’s Struggle to get a decent speed and have 3 to 4 bars, updated phone. And yes, they have taken 2 payments out in 1 month. You have to call in to get the other payment refunded. They will argue but after they actually look, they will refund. They said can take 30 days. Lol And their app, what a joke! I stopped using the auto draft to stop the crazy billing issues with them taking payment 2-5 days ahead of the listed payment date. Then app with show purchase and then nothing happens, no spinning wheel nothing. If you hit purchase again, thinking it didn’t take, it will charge you as many times as you hit purchase. Or, the app will not work at all. I only use it now just to see when the service will stop working so I can make the payment manually. I’m definitely changing companies now there’s more prepaid options!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

This company's billing/database management is a NIGHTMARE. After being a customer for a couple years, all of the sudden my automatic payment didn't work. I called over and over and spent hours on the phone. And then strange credit card charges started appearing on my account from Page Plus and Straight Talk and some other cellphone service. After nearly 30 hours on the phone with various supervisors, I was unable to resolve my problems and they continued to get worse.

I cancelled my credit card and disputed the charges, and yet my phone somehow charged and renewed service (probably somebody else's card). Then, when I tried to port my phone number over to Verizon, the request was lost. I called Pageplus to have them release my number, but Verizon has no record of it. This company is a SHAM 3rd world outfit with utterly incompetent technology. If you need a monthly burner phone, great. If you need reliable cell phone service or need to keep your phone number, do not trust this company!

Original review: June 30, 2021

I have had Page Plus for 2 years now! The main complaint I have is half of the time my internet never works when I really need it. I feel as if I’m paying for nothing due to the fact the only time my internet works is if I’m near a free WiFi site! That should not be the case. I never wish that I agree to this service. I literally have to just say your this company should go out of business!???

Original review: June 13, 2021

I am surprised about all the negative reviews on this site. People complaining about not getting signal while the coverage is provided by Verizon, Page Plus is just a MVNO. I have my Page Plus phone as a back up for my T Mobile phone, since TMO does not have the greatest rural coverage. Page Plus is the only place where you can get Verizon network and a PAYGO plan. After Verizon abandoned PAYGO plans I had the choice to drop my back up phone or find an alternative. Fortunately I found Page Plus. You only have to top up every 90 days with $ 10.- to keep the service. Perfect for me. And you have Verizon's rural coverage! Everything works great. Now the bad part and the reason I am giving 4 stars rather than five: Billing. Charges from nonexistent calls. Charges for phantom data transfers although data are off and Wi-Fi only. Still highly recommended for a low use phone in rural areas.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Page Plus has to be the worst provider I have ever used. Never a signal. They need to be put out of business. The customer service personally are very rude. They never resolve any issues. I don't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

My phone is always losing service. Tech basically said there was nothing they can do. Now I have a phone I cannot use and service that I’m still paying for. The reps were very rude and hung up on me not once but twice.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Buyer beware. I really hate having to leave a review like this, but others deserve to know beforehand what kind of a mess they may be getting themselves into. Page Plus used to be an Ohio-based company with American employees providing technical support and customer service. Those people were pleasant and empowered with authority to ensure the problem was solved. That all ended when Mexican telecommunications conglomerate America Movil (TracFone) bought the company some time back in 2015 or so, gutted it, and transformed it into a brand rather than continue it as a company. Very typical of large company buyouts of good, small businesses. The only thing that has remained the same is the name. The “service” is completely different.

Cellular coverage actually decreased after the buyout. I suspect a behind-the-scenes deal between America Movil and Verizon (whose network Page Plus uses to provide service) wherein the number of towers was reduced to the bare minimum that will connect to page plus devices, eliminating towers that provided coverage previously. My father, who has also been on Page Plus can no longer make calls from within his home because they reduced the coverage over the years. It’s outright fraud to market the coverage like it does (mirroring Verizon’s map and claims to coverage) when it knows that coverage is not identical. That fraud runs to the highest levels in the company to well-paid executives who negotiated these deals with Verizon and then have the business knowingly misstate material facts as to the coverage.

Additionally, I am very confident Page Plus connections have been prioritized lower than Verizon’s, and data speeds for Page Plus customers significantly throttled. This too is arguably fraud by again parroting Verizon claims without sufficient disclaimers or information regarding the real service that they provide. For example, even with a modern handset, I found t him hat speeds were never ever close to the advertised 4G LTE speeds (typically 2Mb/s) regardless of signal strength. Not ever. And mind you, this was not after the monthly initial cap, after which speeds do get reduced.

Turning to technical support, that is now a complete nightmare. Outsourced to non-English speaking persons, there are basically only two levels of support: the initial level person and “managers” or “supervisors” (apparently one-and-the-same). There is no higher level technical support beyond them, so if they can’t fix with their handholding system prompts, you’re hosed.

And sadly, as is typical with outsourced cheap technical support, those persons are essentially robots following a script and prompts on their computer “system” rather than being able to THINK about the problem (you know, that thing between our ears that makes us human), or even listen to or trust what the customer is telling them. For example, when I explain all the troubleshooting that I did on TWO prior calls in an effort to be efficient, to get them to THINK about what we might be able to do next, they insist on starting at step 1—despite the fact we did step 1 THREE times before, so let’s cut to the chase and try something NEW. Nope.

I’m a very technically inclined person, have written computer code, fixed hardware on computers, and generally know a LOT. So when I ask them what their system is showing them so that I can better understand what they’re doing or why they are doing it, they refuse to tell me. Or perhaps they don’t have sufficient command of the English language to communicate? I don’t know, but either way it’s ridiculous.

The only saving grace has been the increase in number of minutes, texts, and amount of data provided for the monthly plans, as well as the variety of plan pricing and prepaid minutes. Few other VMNO (virtual mobile network operators) provide the kinds of plans Page Plus does, even within the America Movil family (which include Smart Talk, TracFone, and several others).

Honestly, it would’ve been great to have the company remain American, with trained American technical support empowered with decision-making authority and independence to provide highly satisfactory customer service while either keeping the number of minutes, text messages, or data low at the same price point, or increasing data/minutes/texts with a corresponding increase in price. It seems the trade-off that was made was to keep the price the same, slash overhead (read: technical support), increase minutes/texts, and give the appearance of increasing data while at the same time throttling it. Sad.

As of September 2020, it appears that Verizon is purchasing TracFone from America Movil, but that deal will not close until 2021. It’s unclear whether Page Plus is part of that deal, and if it is, there’s no telling what will happen to customer service or technical support in the future. In the meantime, because “Page Plus” (if one can even refer to it as a company rather than just a brand) is completely incompetent, causing me hours of effort to try and troubleshoot what should be a reasonably straightforward issue (again, because they’ve employed unthinking automatons no better than AI probably is by now), I am leaving this company for good. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Have been trying 7 days for them to transfer phone # to another carrier. In the meantime they charged my credit card 3 days early. New Carrier ** has been told 3 times that the phone # was released and it has not.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

April 2020 during covid-19 pandemic Page Plus Cellular disconnects cell service after 20 years. I'm a disabled senior. My plan $80.00 yearly for 2000 minutes. Dec 2019 added minutes. Page Plus non customer service informed me that I needed to pay more money for my service to be reactivated. Page Plus also has compromised my online account, can no longer log into account. I have screen shots of my account and payments therefore if Page Plus thought not giving me access to my account I have all the proof I need. We need to file a class action suit against Page Plus.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I contacted Pager Plus via phone, as instructed by the previous representative via phone, to ask for a refund on an activation since it appears it was billed twice. Since they were too busy to handle incoming calls, someone by the name of "Angelina" (I wish I knew her real name) insisted that I contacted the wrong company and that a refund would not be provided. We're talking about a refund of $12 by the way after I just spent $75 upgrading to the higher plan. After debating over the justification behind my request for a refund, "Angelina" decided that my phone magically was no longer compatible with the SIM card and decided on her own will to refund my second purchase of $75 but keep the first purchase of $12 (which I obviously don't have).

So now after spending close to four hours of my Sunday trying to activate my new Pager Plus phone, I am without a phone and with a huge, huge, huge thirst for immediate retaliation against Pager Plus and this "Angelina" woman. Their real problem is I have plenty of money, lots of time on my hands and am bored to death. They have now given me something to pursue, as pathetic as that sounds.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I have been using Page Plus for months without issue. Today, I received a warning that I was out of talk minutes. I get 500 a month and have never used them all. I've used maybe 100 this cycle. When I contacted customer service they are telling me all the minutes are used, which is incorrect. They won't help me and so I have no way to send or receive phone calls for another week because of their system error and no acknowledgement of fault.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Updated on 08/10/2020: I originally reviewed this company on July 14, 2020. Things have only gotten worse. After 2 weeks of unsuccessfully trying to get a phone to work, we were instructed to send it back for a refund. Within a couple of days we shipped it back to their warehouse. According to their paperwork we had 20 "business days" to return the defective phone. They received the return on the 17th business day. Now they are saying we kept it too long and denied a refund.

This phone never worked, I was told by customer service that I had to get a replacement sim card. The one included from their own company was not correct. The replacement card was ordered but has never to this date been received. This was probably just a scam to try to run out the return clock. My wife & I think the phone was bad and had been previously sent back and was probably defective from the start. After talking to about 10 reps, the customer service department in the Philippines was a horrible waste of time.

The company has declined a refund, so we are out the cost of the defective phone, the prepaid use fee, a replacement sim card, and return shipping to their warehouse. Although we are disputing the purchase with our credit card company, we will not get the fee for the prepaid fee, the sim card or the return shipping. We strongly advise anyone looking to this company for service to forget it. They just seem like crooks.

Original Review: We bought a new Samsung phone from pagepluscellular.com. It arrived in a few days but we could not get it to work. My wife spent a couple of hours with tech support and gave up. Then I called tech support and was told I had to separately order a sim card with the phone, even though it came from them with one. After almost 2 weeks and 2 more calls to customer service it still has not arrived. (I cannot return a sim card I've never received.) On my second call they informed me the original card should work. However we still have not been able to get the phone to make or receive a call.

Today I spent almost an hour on the office phone calling to cancel and return the phone. I spent another hour with customer support. The phone doesn't work and we have used all the minutes of the original purchase (while not making or receiving any phone calls or texts). The phone call today would frequently get staticky and rep would sound like a Cylon Robot from Battlestar Gallactica. It just erodes even more on the confidence of Page Plus Cellular being able to deliver any service I don't know how much time we wasted going over all the same info to identify ourselves to the reps and trying things that didn't work. Not to mention waiting for a undelivered sim card that apparently we didn't even need.

The rep finally said to send the phone back and cancelled the service. It was rather interesting that when I asked for a RMA number I was told just to put it in a box and mail it without any noting or identification of who or where it came from. At this point if we get any refund, it will be less 20% for restocking, nothing for unused service, and nothing for the additional sim card. And my Wife is off considering using a hammer on the phone rather than wait for any refund.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Have 2 lines, separate phones with Page Plus. In 2 years of calling to turn texts off to both phones, they would not do it. They will SAY they will turn text off, but all the spam offers keep coming. Called FIVES TIMES to shut texts off. Each time you call they will tell you they have a hard time hearing you. Over 3 hours of calls to Page Plus complaining, they turned off the second phone's service! Absolutely HORRIBLE to deal with!! I'd rather pay more per month for proper service, and have a Customer Service/Support that is responsive. Went up to a tier 3 supervisor that STILL could not understand the problem. Customer Service in New Delhi or Pakistan does not work well for customers. I would encourage anyone looking to try Page Plus service to look elsewhere. Happily take your money- YES. Provide good service- DEFINITELY NO!

Original review: April 30, 2020

I've used their "free" service for a couple of years. It's not really free as they tack on various fees if you want things like voicemail, etc. However, for me that only adds up to about $7 a month. However, they regularly change my plan or tack on charges, then you have to waste a lot of time getting the charges reversed. I use very little phone time and 100-200 MB a month of data, so it works well for me. The biggest issues that I have is that calls frequently don't go through. The VOIP software that they use isn't very good, compared to something like Skype, so calls frequently break up. I can call my party using Skype over their Internet feed and get much better call quality.

For the past month my voicemail hasn't been working. People leave messages & I get notified that I have voicemail, but the messages are blank. I submitted a support ticket and later got a message from them telling me that the ticket was closed and how did they do. My response was that, "You did nothing and that the problem still exists." If you sign up, realize that you're getting what you pay for, which isn't much.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I was a happy customer for 5 years with a small TracFone I used for mostly travel. I bought a Smart Phone 2/2020 and signed up for $12.99 500 minutes phone and 500 texts which was plenty for me. While renewing a month later, noticed the website did not work. On the phone, a rep stated no plans under $29.99 anymore. I even tried to pay that but all kinds of runaround and different info from reps. I signed up for a new service and finally after several claiming was phone was not unlocked, I find out they lock it for a full year so had to buy a new phone. If only they offered the same service available in early 2020 never would have switched.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Bought a new Samsung phone at a local dealer and he promoted the Page Plus plan. The plans start at 12.99 plus taxes. I bought the 29.99 plan. I am 75 y/o and only uses phone to talk and text. Rarely use phone for more than 2 or 3 calls or text a day. I have to go outside of my home to call or answer the phone. Very poor reception even when I am outside. Folks tell me I am breaking up. Called customer service to get my account # so I could change plans and keep my phone. Was told by worker He did not have ability to give me the account #. Waiting for a supervisor to call me back. Someone told me that page plus buys space on a Verizon tower and that the space is at the bottom of the tower.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Using Page Plus Cellular as a prepaid carrier was a good choice for a long while. I like the service and I was able to use the service in a rural area where it was very difficult to get phone service let alone internet. As technology advanced I needed a service that would provide me with a hot spot so I could be able to use my printer, laptop and and having visitors and family members to my house, I needed hot spot for their use. That is where I had to draw the line and abandon Page plus cellular because they do not offer hot spot via the cellphone.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I started using Page Plus years before anyone ever heard of them. I have had consistent good service. The price is still a great value, although other companies are getting more competitive. I would love to see them offer a great deal on 1 year prepaid.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I have been a customer for years. I currently use the $12 plan because I usually use my phone for data only. Who doesn't want to minimize expenses? My plan renewed on Feb.2, 2020. Today February 7, I needed data due a power outage after a storm. My phone wouldn't receive anything. It was slow and would not load. Later after getting home to make the call, two different Page plus reps claimed I used 100 mb of data in 4 days on the $12 plan. The data usage showed I used 87 mb in one day. They couldn't tell me where the rest was used. I only used my wifi. Two months I traveled for a week, using data for navigation and tourist info and I didn't consume 100 mb. I believe Page Plus is trying to force people into paying more. Time to switch carriers. I have had enough.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Customer service is total garbage, they messed up my phone and will not refund me. Please do not use this god-awful service, use your money somewhere else. They have worse plans for more money than other carriers.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I got unlimited service on Dec 24, 2019. I've called EVERY single day after because nothing was working. No text, calls, or internet. Said the services was disconnected. 2 hours EACH DAY on the phone for them to tell me “they’re so sorry they’re having an error, please stay on the line”. I’m literally on the phone with them NOW 4:15 pm Dec 28, for the SAME THING. They put me on a pay as go and NOT unlimited services, so the “minutes were running out”. Now they clearly see that I was put on the wrong plan and they claim it’s fixed until 5 hours later when my child can’t text or use the data etc. Child had to walk to a phone to call me cause his phone wasn’t working. A very serious matter.

They Refused to reimburse my money. But said they could credit, as if I still want their crappy service. It’s now been 45 minutes. Still having errors. This the 2nd supervisor and now she’s sending me to another “supervisor”. This is the WORST COMPANY I’ve EVERRRRR EXPERIENCED. I’ll rather have Metro PCS and I have never used them before. Do NOT go with this company.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Bought 2 phones. One is an Apple XR and the other is Galaxy Note 10+. Apple was activated. When I go to activate the Galaxy Note 10+ it's not compatible with Page Plus. So how do you sell a phone that can't be activated through page plus. Now I'm without a phone cause I swapped carrier. I would not recommend this company at all.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I was SCAMMED by your referral program, followed the process and after over an hour with your horrible customer service, I was told they didn't have the ability to correct. How do you get away with this? I was scammed, others beware!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I have been a Page Plus customer for years only because it is not convenient to change prepaid service. I have been on auto enrollment for my payment for years and then it de-enrolled me and shut my service off. I use mine for work. I was in a panic because no one could contact me. I was able to contact Page Plus only to get a very slow person that took 45 minutes to turn my phone back on. And she refused to give the the $5 off for being in auto enrollment. I even called a supervisor only to receive the same message they can't give that credit on the 1st month. I have been a loyal customer and will now be shopping for something new.

Christine

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Would give 0 stars if possible. This company is nothing but lies and deceit. They advertise for “fully unlimited” service yet don’t allow one to use hotspot. That’s not fully unlimited. Then they advertise for $50 if enrolled in auto refill. Every single month I am enrolled in auto refill and every month my payment gets rejected. Just got told my bank is declining the payment which is not true as I spoke directly to my bank regarding this. Oh not to mention since auto refill payment gets rejected I’m then forced to pay the full price, using the same exact card my auto refill payment was rejected. So according to them my bank declines a $50 payment but approves a $55 payment.

Having to deal with this company’s customer service is appalling. Everyone I’ve ever spoken to is Indian and while I’m not a prejudice person these people have been known to scam people and that’s exactly what they’re doing. Please if you've had this same experience with auto refill payments please file a report with the Better Business Bureau. They need to be exposed for their lies.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

When I first joined in 2011, I paid $40 on a prepaid plan, and it usually lasted me about 3 months. At the time, I did not use text or data. In 2013 I bought a MoJo from Motorola for $25. I switched to the $30/month plan so I could use text and data. So for 6 years I used a $25 phone and have never had a problem. Being on the Verizon network, my phone works practically everywhere. I only use data when I travel, so I have never had extra charges. My MoJo just died, so I just purchased an IPhone 6 for $150.

When I look at other companies and see people paying $300-$700 for older iPhones, I think I got a really good deal. Time will tell. I have noticed a drop in the quality of customer service since Trac Phone bought the company. The agents are definitely in other countries, and sometimes they have trouble understanding what I am saying. If you use your phone mostly as a phone, and not as a computer, then, in my experience, Page Plus is still a good option.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I had to call many times just too try to get the phone working. Then I was told it wasn't a page plus phone, but I had the item number. Then was told to go to two different stores to get help. Only to be told they don't work with Page Plus anymore. The customer service ladies were rude and acted as though they didn't want too be bothered. The supervisors were of no help also. To day it the 12th and I bought the phone on 28th of October. Plus I paid for the minutes which was $28. They said they don't see it in the system. Horrible. I wish I never have ordered this phone.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

When it comes to the actual service Page Plus is great thanks to Verizon. Now if you ever have a problem, you will have to deal with the worst bunch of Indian customer service reps in the entire world. These people are trained to be rude and have no one to answer to when it comes to supervision. If you ask to speak to a supervisor another more rude person will get on the phone and even try to hang up on you. You can find the same exact phones Page Plus is selling on Amazon or at Best Buy for as much as $200 less per phone. They sell older phones that claim to be brand new but they are truthfully refurbished.

I would not recommend anyone buy a phone from Page Plus. If you do the research this company was started by an Indian guy. So I guess that's why he chose to put all his customer service in India. These people are all terrible at their job and you can barely understand what they are saying. They interrupt you while you're trying to talk and have terrible manners. 1 * is very generous from me.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been a customer of Page Plus for 7 years. My company that I work for was also a customer because I initiated that. I paid the Aug.2019 monthly plan with my bank card and within a matter of minutes I received confirmation number that payment was received by Page Plus in the correct amount of $60.08. I had no problem with that transaction as my phone would lose service by 12 am and time was 11:37 pm.

My phone is very important to me, I am 63 yrs old, live alone, and due to the many illnesses I am not allowed to drive; walking any length of distance I am unable to do. I have an unruptured aneurysm inside my brain and at any given time my life could take a drastic turn. The neurologist specified ideally for me to never be alone but we live in the real world; next best thing keep your cellphone with you at all times - it could save your life. I had to give you that personal information so you can understand why I kept my plan paid on time each month. After payment was made I was issued a card number for my paid plan, I then entered the information and an electronic operator informed the card was not accepted by my phone. My phone had something wrong with it. Please call back during normal business hrs. Aug 4th 2019 approximate time 12:15 AM.

After several hrs. days, now going into weeks Page Plus continues with the trained dialogue of "We cannot help you, where did you get phone", it was locked by different cell companies, keep in mind I myself bought this same phone from a Page Plus dealer who is still in business in my hometown and that was about 3 years ago maybe 4 and this phone with me and I have tried to get a different cell company but was told Page Plus must unlock it first. Today a Page PLUS rep (John) said the phone is locked and then halfway through an HOUR long call he reverted to saying the phone is unlocked!

I will never recommend this company if they were giving away service with phones. One call out of 10 I had a female supervisor admit Page Plus did lock the phone and she was going to unlock it and put my $60.08 card on it. I was extremely happy for 5 minutes. Another female interrupted the call and informed me in a not so caring way they couldn't help me and hung up on me. I don't know where this company received training in business let alone customer care. I do know this business was on the right track for several years but I now know it's another fly by night, here today gone tomorrow trash business. I recommend before you renew your monthly plan check that phone is working and is not locked by your FRIENDLY ONLINE PAGE PLUS DEALER! I have yet to receive refund. The phone is still locked and PAGE PLUS DON'T CARE!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I have never had any issues with PAGE PLUS UNTIL a few months ago when without warning my cell service stopped working (I have always been set up on AUTO PAY so I know the bill was paid). I had my receipt but they kept trying to tell me my account had not been replenished. They finally found record of payment and all was good. Then, today my cell quit working AGAIN. When I called them they at first said they had no record of my number.

Then after numerous transferred calls, I was told my number had been PORTED OUT to another carrier (they could not tell me which one). I asked how this was possible as I have a pin set up on my account. They did not have an answer & informed me that the number I have had for years is no longer my number. There was NOTHING they could do. Sure, the plans are reasonable, but their customer service is the WORST. These are some of the most INEPT people I have ever dealt with. Not ONE person could figure out how this happened. BUYER BEWARE!!

Page Plus Cellular Company Information