3.9/5 (601 ratings)

About Motorola

Motorola Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

Any phone from Motorola is trash. They need to just go out of business. My phone won't charge. This is a 2022 Motorola Stylus. The brand motorola is junk. Do not buy this crap so these idiots can go out of business for good.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

If you intend to ever call Motorola Tech Support, find another phone. My 1-month-old Motorola phone was unable to show my gmail messages from 5 different wifis. I could only get to my gmail messages on my laptop, so I knew that the phone was the problem. It took 4.5 hours and 4 agents—Nick, Cindy, Karen, and Nors—and my neighbor to fix the problem. If you ask a question, the agents answer a question that you did not ask. Karen told me to remove my gmail account, then we couldn’t reinstate it. When she told me to wipe out all the data on the phone, SHE DID NOT MENTION THE OPTION OF BACKING UP THE DATA. I had to terminate that call quickly.

If you ask for a Supervisor, you will be told that they are in a meeting. If you ask when the Supervisor will be available, you will be told they are in a meeting. If you ask how many Supervisors there are, you will be told that they are in a meeting. The Supervisor will call you back. Fat chance of that happening! Even Level 2 Tech Support is hopeless. Nors had a bonus for the useless troubleshooting that brought on my headache—a crying baby in the background. When I told her that I would wait while she took care of the baby, she declined. The baby kept crying. I had a headache, and Nors got paid!

If you have 4 hours to waste on Tech Support for a problem that they did not know how to solve, buy a Motorola phone. Eventually, a neighbor told me what to do.

There is no way to rate the quality of service from Tech Support agents. The agents know that and it shows. They are not accountable. You can buy a Motorola phone, but you can’t rely on Tech Support to answer your questions. If you buy a Motorola phone, make sure that my neighbor lives next door to you.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I've had same problem with my last two Motorola G series phone, but the Stylus is the worse. Several problems. Lost my keyboard-had to install a G-Board. Drops calls. Voicing commands work only occasionally. Sound notification work only occasionally. Battery dies in a little over hours on brand new phone. Motorola customer service will only fix the device if I forfeit it for days. I'm unable to do this so stuck with a $359 cell that does not function. It's my fault that I bought a mobile device twice that doesn't function. Buy another brand.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

Motorola mobile phones are outstanding value. Comparing their flagship models to the flagship offerings from companies like Samsung, Google, and OnePlus, the Motorola's far outperform in the same price category. In fact, several of their high end phones perform as well as if not better than the aforementioned companies' offerings with similar specifications, but the Motorola phones perform at that level for half of the price.

BUT ... and that's a very BIG 'but' ... their customer service is atrocious. Do NOT use their direct purchasing option, and definitely avoid any special deals or discounts they offer, as they usually require a trade-in that is handled by a third-party organization, known as "Phobio." This Phobio company is disorganized, unavailable, and deceptively similar to most scams on the Internet. I traded in a mint condition recent model for an upgrade, and after receiving a preliminary confirmation that the trade-in was accepted, 'Phobio' sent the phone back and took back the money off of my card without warning.

I contacted them about this, but did not receive a response or a resolution. At some point, months later, Motorola contacted me to tell me that they thought there had been a mistake and that I could try again to send the phone in for a trade-in evaluation. After the horrible time I had with them the first go-round, there is no way I'm going to get duped again. Fool me once... and all that. My suggestion? If you want to enjoy the excellent performance and value of Motorola phones, buy from Amazon or some other electronics store that has a reputable mobile phone sales department. Any other experience would most certainly have to be a better one than working with Motorola support.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Buyer Beware! Wife got a new Edge 5G last week. After transferring data she reached down and plugged into charger. Phone dropped 24 inches onto a carpeted floor. Screen cracked! Discussion with Verizon and Motorola indicates THAT WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY CASE PARTS, JUST ELECTRONICS! She hasn't got to use the new phone in any way. Motorola has solved any manufacturing defect problems by placing all responsibility on the consumer and used cheap parts and an inferior Chinese manufacturing process to increase their profits... Buyer Beware!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Motorola will only mirror to Chromecast devices. This is a huge inconvenience and not good for business as many people use this feature to cast to smart tvs. This will be the first and last Motorola I purchase. My old Samsung could connect to any smart tv.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Many issues with Motorola Stylus 5G. Latest issue involves a recent update that removed my keyboard and replaced it with Voice Typing and no way to put back the keyboard. NOT a single option. It's the worst cell phone model I've ever had.

Original review: July 29, 2022

After spending 45 minutes on the phone with the Online CSR Tech to verify the model number of the phone I was trying to order, they confirmed that the one I was trying to order was in fact the model I wanted. 2 days later the phone arrived and it was not the model I ordered, it was a 2nd Gen model, which is not the same size as the Gen 1 model. Why would you change sizes of the same exact phone other than to confuse and cost your customers more money in buying new phone cases and other paraphernalia is frustrating and ridiculous.

When I tried to return the phone online it would not recognize my order and I was booted from the system. So I tried to call the Product Return number, to which I spent 15 minutes waiting for the first person to tell me they could not complete my request. I was then transferred over to the Specialist who took another 15 minutes of my time to tell me that I would receive an email within 24 hours for the Return Label, at which point they completed disregarded any of my frustrations, no apologies for the time wasted in this process.

This is the 2nd time I have had significant issues with Motorola and their product service process. If I ever order another Moto product it will not be from them and I will verify any protective insurance thru another provider. IE. Verizon, eBay, or Amazon. I would never recommend this company to anyone who is looking to buy a Motorola product, research your investments before purchasing. I spent 6 hours searching for a new phone and Motorola wasted nearly 2 hours of this process, when all I wanted was to know the exact model number of the phone I wanted to order from them and they could not get that correct. Phone model sent was the XT2141-2 which is not the same as the XT2141-1 which is what I was trying to order - Goodbye Moto Edge 2021! Hello Samsung S22 Ultra.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I love Motorola Smart Phones - great price for the advanced features and camera!!! But (1) delivery and (2) customer service just plain suck. When you order a phone and it says the phone will be delivered in 2 days. But it is 4 days later and still no phone but you get a Motorola official email saying that it HAS been delivered. And their automated chat MOLI says it has been delivered, but when you call their outsourced Customer service line that apologizes and says it really hasn't been delivered, but there is nothing they can do about it but tell you give it another day or 2. What do you do without a cell phone? I could have just walked into a retail store and got one on the spot. Customer service passed me to an escalation team to just say, "Yeah, it's still in transit. Sorry about the confusion." I remember the days when CS says, "We apologize and how can we make this right?"

Original review: June 1, 2022

Sent in new Razr 5g for repairs to main screen peeling up. Phone was still operational when I sent it in (actually called Motorola customer service from the damaged phone). I had dropped the phone months ago however it was still working like it should, no peeling up of the inside screen or anything. Over time opening and closing it the inside screen began to pop up until I was no longer able to use the inside. The front screen was undamaged and still completely operational. When I sent the phone in for the 3-5 day repair/replace it took over a week to get an email saying my ticket was being "escalated."

After a conversation today the Motorola customer service lady tells me they are no longer doing repairs, they just replace the phone completely and I'd have to pay a replacement fee $960. Mind you I bought the phone new unlocked less than a year ago for $1150 prepaid activated with AT&T. I would recommend anyone considering buying a Motorola cell phone not to do so. They used to be a better company. I actually had versions of the 1st Razr from back in the day, loved it and decided to buy this next Gen one. Mistake!!! I hope this helps whomever reads it and find yourself a better company/brand cell phone before buying Motorola.

Motorola Company Information