3.1/5 (134 ratings)

About Motorola

Motorola Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

Original review: May 10, 2022

I bought the G6 phone in late 18. The phone no longer functions. The reason is Motorola's upgrade plan. They only 1 android upgrade to the next android version. Before long the apps no longer work because they have been upgraded to work with newer android versions. Then the google applications start to fail as they are upgraded to later versions of android op systems. I bought the phone because of low cost. For a while it worked well. Now the newer models are more costly with the same Motorola upgrade philosophy-1 upgrade. I am moving to a vendor that supports extensive android upgrades. And I will never go back to Motorola. As a final for instance my phone was supported through Android 9 max. The current version of android is 12 or 13 with Motorola's customers being left in the dust.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I have had this phone for 5 months provided by Comcast. I've spent hours upon hours with them over chronic and various problems. There is NO recourse even under warranty, Motorola or Comcast wants me to spend more hours and travel to a 'fix-it' place to correct the current glitch but will still leave me with a phone that is user-unfriendly and frustrating. The phone is not worth the time. I can hit the message icon and it calls the person. The home page freezes and I can't call out or accept an incoming call. Comcast says I need to pay for a defective phone which has left me days w/o service and endless time w/ them trying to fix it. Finished!

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2022

I purchased Moto Z4 new in 2020. The last security patch update provided was September 2021, and additional updates were no longer provided. This lack of support means I am no longer in compliance to use my work applications. Motorola's only offer of solution was to give me $75 for the phone I bought from them for $600, and to, after hours on the phone and finally communicating on a corporate level, a 10% discount on a new phone. It seems to be very poor customer service to sell a product, not support it, thus making it unusable, and offer very little assistance with a solution.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I purchased this phone in Nov 2021. In March 2022 it stopped receiving texts from anyone not in my contacts. I got a new SIM from my provider and when that didn't work I contacted Motorola. We ran through some checks and they decided that I needed to send my phone in for repair. After they received the phone, I got an email that my warranty was voided by "water damage" and they sent a picture of the external portion of the charging port with a tiny amount of corrosion. Well, it is an open port, and there is a thing called humidity, so this isn't really surprising.

I had no trouble with charging, and the internet is full of recommendations on how to fix this common problem if you do. There was no evidence of any water inside the phone. The charging port also has nothing to do with why I could not receive texts. But Motorola never addressed the issue that I submitted the phone for. Maybe they never intended to. A google search turns up LOTs of people caught in the same water damage warranty issue. Sounds like a scam to get out of honoring their warranties. I wish I had seen those before I made the purchase. So buyer beware! This is not a company I will be dealing with in the future, and you may want to think about your investment before you do too.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I bought a Motorola Razr 5g and within a month & a half the screen started peeling off! I contacted Motorola who asked me to send the phone for review. After receiving it Motorola states my phone has water damage & my phone has NEVER BEEN WET! ** company! Never buying from them again!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I bought the Edge +, paid over $1000 for it and now it has massive purple blotches and a green tint. I can't see 80% of my screen most of the time. This is a confirmed factory issue but they refuse to fix it unless I pay $480 because I've had it over a year. I can't see my screen.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

Husband and I bought this phone in December. Two weeks later vertical green lines started to appear. Before we could take it into our phone carrier the product was physically damaged on the bottom corner. We understood our carrier couldn't do anything at that point so we dealt with the green lines. Fast forward a couple more weeks. Have to reboot the phone cause the front screen goes black constantly. Then the actual screen peeled off and phone became unusable. Motorola offered to fix the manufacturer damage as long as we paid $960 to cover the physical damage. THE PHONE COST $499. They then offered to take 40% off fixing it for the cost of the phone. Might as well buy a new one at this point. I have filed a complaint with BBB and highly recommend not buying Motorola.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I purchased a Cell Phone from Motorola Website in early Nov. They had a promotion of $200 off the product. With Supply problems I purchase the phone for a Christmas gift. The promotion went to $300 in Dec before Christmas and Motorola would NOT refund the $100 difference. I called today to ask for the $100 refund. I would have gotten a refund if I got the phone on Amazon. DO NOT ORDER FROM MOTOROLA WEBSITE.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I had an LG phone before this and s Samsung before that so I do have some familiarity with them. I have been trying to buy less expensive phones and that's why I took the Motorola, it doesn't cost me anything if I can stick it out for two years which is a big question mark five months in to the contract. This phone seems to have a mind of its own. With my LG phone, I could use my phone and put it in my shirt pocket and not worry. With the Motorola, not so. This phone seems to interpret moving in my pocket as use and do all sorts of things. What prompted me to write this review was an unexpected restart, I just wanted the weather. This phone is frustrating to a level which makes it unpleasant to own, a phone should be able to conform to my needs but with this phone all my habits built through two previous phones have to change, I am moulding my life to the eccentricities of the phone from hell.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Edge plus has developed purple and green marks that take over the display during use. I found that this is a common issue with this model through internet reviews and is a defect that Motorola is aware of in their software. Yet motorola continued to sell this product knowing the issue. After contacting motorola to have the phone repaired or replaced I was told that since it is out of warranty that there would be a $480.00 fee. I explained that the issue is from the product that they had sold being defective and there are hundreds of examples online of the issue that motorola acknowledged. The phone cost $1000.00 has a defect from manufacturer.

I asked to speak with a supervisor on two separate calls to motorola. First rep told me one was not available. Second rep said they would not put me in touch with a supervisor because it does not matter about the defect from the manufacturer since the phone is out of warranty. My experience with motorola products had been good until now. Though I like the products I can not trust a company who knowingly sells a product with a defect and when you call to resolve the issue provides a poor customer service experience and has no intention of fixing their mistake unless you pay fee of $480.00.

Motorola Company Information