1.42/5
Based on 332 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

366 Motorola Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I ordered a battery pack Moto Mod on 2/11/19, and the receipts show that the device itself was priced at $49.99, $5.40 in shipping, and $4 in tax, for a total of $59.39. However, I have been charged $64.39. I have spent 3 days going back and forth with Joyce at Motorola Customer Care. Initially, she told me that, and I quote, "I am sorry for the inconvenience happened. I understand that you are asking additional $5 for the device you purchase. As per checking on our Order team it for the Total Tax$4.40, Total Shipping $5.00. " I responded to her, stating, "I'm sorry, this does not suffice my query. The original price of the battery pack should have been $49.99, shipping cost of $5.40, and tax of $4. This equals $59.49. Why was I charged an additional $5? ".

The response I got was as follows: "Greetings! Thank you for your response. Here's the link that you can check for more details. Please click the link below.

**. We hope that you find this information useful and we look forward to assisting you in the future. Thank you for choosing Motorola and have a good day!" I was given no explanation as to what the heck had happened.

On 2/14/19, I decided to reach out to Customer Care via the chat option and was connected with Maricar. She was very helpful, and was able to tell me that the additional $5 was an authorization hold, which would be refunded once the Moto Mod was delivered. 15 minutes with Maricar was all it took to get an answer. If I could have escalated and complained to Joyce's superior, I would have, although I'm not sure it would've made any difference. Nice to know that Motorola likes to throw their legal jargon in your face when all you want is to understand a billing question. I am incredibly grateful to Maricar, and I've had nothing but good experiences with my Moto Z2 Force, but am so deeply disappointed by my experience with Joyce.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My family loves Motorola products because of their durability and easy use. However, they do break. Motorola offers a limited warranty service for these situations. This is not the first time but you can guarantee it WILL BE the last time we use Motorola products because of the warranty service. In previous times we have sent in devices only to receive them unrefurbished with the same issues. We have sent them back only to discover that they were a few days (shipping time) out of warranty and wouldn't be serviced. This time was the last straw. I called Motorola to submit a repair request. We confirmed my number, phone, etc and then I sent it out (after having to request a new shipping label because Motorola sent me an invalid one).

A few days later I received a call telling me that the device that they received was not the correct one and was not within the warranty time frame. This was the ONLY device of that type that we had purchased and it was the only possible device that would be registered under my number! I tried to explain this to the customer care representative to try and figure out why the number they had for my device was different. They were no help in that department and told me if I wanted to pay for a new phone then I could. I even asked them just to double check the number to make sure they didn't make a mistake and he refused. However this was obviously not what I wanted to do seeming as I sent the phone in to be repaired.

The most irritating part was I asked for confirmation that the device was under warranty 3 times before I sent it because I didn't want to pay the $20 shipping if it was just going to be sent back. Every time I asked, the representative assured me that it was and confirmed the type of device I had. I now have paid $20 shipping to receive my broken phone back once again! I would be more understanding if these situations hadn't happened multiple times before and if there was any possible way that I had sent them the wrong device. I am beyond disappointed with Motorola and can assure you I will NEVER use their products or company willingly again!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Motorola phone work fine for few months after the phone was charging slow and getting hot. I called them no problem you have one year warranty so I put deposit money so they send me another and I send them the bad one. Here come the problem. I was fortunate to have another line or phone so I did not care for the days 8 without a Motorola phone. It happen again with the second phone Motorola send me so I ask what happened is bad again so this time I do not have a second line or phone. I do not have a phone now 8 days. I do not think is right in 5 months 3 phones and Sprint do not help. I DO NOT HAVE A PHONE now my work bank my customer etc. Help.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We purchased our Moto cell phones from Verizon about 18 mos ago. Just two weeks ago my phone developed the issue of freezing up and then rebooting every few minutes. Verizon knows about the Android issue and is waiting for an upgrade. They reset my phone to the defaults but this did not work. I called Motorola support and they informed me that my phone will no longer get any more updates. So basically, they have decided to no longer work with Google to create updates for the phone. Since most Verizon packages have a two year payment plan, I am paying for a phone that is obsolete. I will not buy a Motorola phone in the future. Samsung or Apple have a better lifespan.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Sir Moto smartphones c2 plus not working properly. We purchased more than 10 nos to our family and friends. Service is very poor. Only one year correctly working so guide to redressal of my experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I won't even give it 1 star. Don't buy Motorola HP ever ever again. Period. They failed miserably in their HP technology. I have one brand new MotoZ2 Force bought 16th March 2018. The connections of wifi & internet do not connect well at all. Went to their unfriendly repair shop 3 times & uncounted visit. Still the same problem. Had a new HP changed, same issues. I told them even they changed a new HP, it won't work because it's their antenna issue but they refused to acknowledge. Paid SGD699 & it's a white elephant now. Issues: 1) HP auto reboot intermittent. 2) Unable to connect to wifi intermittent. 3) Unable to connect to mobile data intermittent. 4) HP hang intermittent. 5) Cannot received Incoming call intermittent, sometimes don't even ring.

Actually it was a failed set in the beginning, we didn't recognize the above issues until 2 months later. Wrote to regional Motorola customer service. They robotly responded and stop after a couple of replies, they went dead too like their HP. Very sad for Motorola. Please don't own one. I went to HP recon shop, they said nobody wants this brand even my set is very new & still under warranty.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

"One or more items in your order have been canceled. Please check the Order Status for more information. If you didn't request a cancellation, or feel this cancellation is in error, please contact Customer Support". This is what I receive after placing an order, after reaching out to customer service, they didnt have any answer and mentioned that I will receive a call why it was cancelled, what a crap, no explanation at all and someone would call me in 24 hours to explain the reason. Well, it's 48 hours, no call yet to explain. With such a crappy service, I think it's time to say Good Bye to Moto brand!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We got the phone through TracFone. It seemed like a good phone. My husband was setting it up and playing with the apps. The system requested to update it so he allowed it to even though it was new right out of the box. After he said ok that was the last time it booted up. I went online and researched a fix and followed several hundred fixes which didn't work. The system was designed like an archaic computer system that you have to put in safe mode to fix and if it had fixed it well that would have satisfied us. But after way too many attempts and workarounds to get it booted I packaged it up and told my husband it's going back. I'm not even going To bother anymore with it. If it's stuck on stupid from the first day what is it going to be like once data has been stored on it and it can't be recovered.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Battery shuts at random % levels, calls ring at times and don't same for text buzz, texts not sent, random shuts and restarts, popup out of Data range like to place a WiFi call? NO, it's the same location for 5 years, echoing calls hearing myself, days with no service till a reboot and some I've most likely forgotten. Soft boot doesn't fix it, tweaks do not and no new update fixes means look for a new company brand to buy. Hard boot means miss anything and it's lost, not ready to do that yet. Very disappointing phone-company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I purchased unlocked Moto G5S online at Moto.com. Within 3 weeks I had a lot of problems with phone including not able to power up, unusable. Called customer service. I paid $25 for replacement. Within 2 weeks same problems. Returned 2nd phone, spoke with technician, begged him to be sure phone worked before I received 3RD PHONE. I was completely fed up at this point. I received 3rd phone. Again had same problems. I called demanding full refund because 3 phones within first 3 months of purchased. Answer, "Sorry. No refund," with the additions cost of activation fees with my carrier and return shipping cost. The most horrible experience and lost a lot of money for 3 phones that never worked. I WILL NEVER BUY A MOTOROLA PHONE AGAIN! THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, WORST THAN cable companies.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

They should call it a Google Phone. Every app on my phone goes thru Google first. First off the camera is so complicated and loaded down with fluff, Google Drive, Facebook and all the other Google apps are pre installed using most of my memory before it comes out of the box.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Sim slot of Moto G5 Plus stopped working. So I took it to service centre but they refused to cover it under warranty. These Motorola and Lenovo are the real cheater company. Please don't buy any Motorola and Lenovo product. I tried to complain but none of its customer care number are working. These big companies just want to earn money by fooling people. Please don't buy product of these companies.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I'm update my G5s plus mobile yesterday in version 8.1 Oreo. But since battery life is very bad and poor. High percentage of battery drainage. And loudspeaker quality in Oreo update is so bad. The song does not play well. So please improve your software and new update send me again early.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I purchased a Moto Z Play almost 2 years ago along with a speaker Mod and the glass screen has bowed and is coming off on both sides. I tried to get Motorola to help in some way but they insisted that I pay $125.00 Out of warranty fee/repair fee. Why would I pay to have a defective phone fixed? This phone should not have done this. I have a 5 year old LG that is in perfect condition. Now I can't use the phone or the Mod. I asked Motorola to at least refund me the cost of the Mod but they said no. Don't buy Motorola. This was the first and will be the absolute last one I buy.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Have been dealing with them and two different carriers for mobile phones for over 2 weeks now. Motorola finally said you are out of luck with the phone that is within warranty and you need to pay us 600 dollars to get a new phone, the old 400 plus dollar phone is basically a worthless piece of electronics. They have a special deal with Verizon so they can get a kickback from the carrier and hold you hostage to their phone and carrier.

Resolution response: Sept. 2, 2018

Lenovo (Motorola) is sending me a new, unlocked e4. I am grateful that they have decided to give me a phone I can use. Just wish this could have been settled a month ago before I bought another one.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

This is about Motorola's customer service/warranty and ethics, not just the phone. My Moto e4 was purchased unlocked from a reputable seller on eBay. It worked fine for about a month until it stopped giving notice of missed calls and msgs. Cricket could not figure it out so they transferred me to Moto who couldn't either so they sent me a new phone. I was impressed until it turned out to be locked to another network. They refused to take it back or unlock it. It must be active on MetroPCS for 6 mos before any online unlocking site can work.

Moto could unlock it or just send me another one locked to Cricket. But no, they said I bought the original from an "unauthorized retailer", a dubious excuse for sure. They got paid for the original phone, just not by me. This screw-up was due to Moto's replacement phone being locked and useless. The whole process involved 2 missed 48 hour promises, numerous un-returned calls and misinformation which could fill another page. I've never known a company to walk away from their own error within the warranty period like Moto has.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought three Droid 2 Motorola cell phones 2 years ago. For my wife and son each and one for myself. Everything was fine for about 18 months, then the batteries all started to fail. Within three months all the batteries were bad. We charged the phones on a wireless charger every night. Our sons failed first, in the morning when he would take the phone off the charger it would last for less than an hour. We had insurance on it and we got another Motorola. The replacement phone battery did not last very long and was soon causing problems. He still wanted a Droid and got a new one.

My wife's phone failed second and I bought her a new phone, not a Motorola. Now my phone is failing. I have owned other products etc. similar to cell phones and the batteries 5,6,and 7 years. I have used other tablets and note pads for several years with no battery issues. Having the battery buried in the phone and so inaccessible is also bad business. I am sure we are not alone in this frustrating experience in that it happened to all our phones.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Motorola E4 Plus Cellphone - On 27th July 2018, around 3.30 PM I handed over the defective set to the Motorola Service Centre - Hara Agency, Bhubaneswar. Concerned person of the Service Centre has mentioned in the service order that the set is out of warranty. I then handed over a copy of the purchase invoice of Amazon bearing invoice no. **, invoice details ** dated 31.01.2018. The product was sold by Eastern Logica Infoway Ltd., Plot no. 33, Block A Cooperative Industrial Estate, New Delhi - 110044. She assured me that, "We will email to the Motorola Company and after receipt of confirmation we will solve the problem." On 30th July 2018, when I approached the service center, they returned back my defective set and told that Motorola has replied that this is a second sale and no warranty is available on this set. I was told to contact Amazon in this issue. Request to assist me in this regard for getting repaired the handset.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I bought a Motorola E cell phone that cost $200. You could hardly hear on it. When going by Maps directions, I had to hold it up to my ear to hear it. The most shocking thing was when I took it to sell at a kiosk, after getting a Samsung that cost the same, it told me that my Motorola phone was a coolpad phone. That's the kind the government gives away for free. The kiosk only wanted to give me $5. The Samsung offer for the same original price as the Moto E was $40. Such a rip off. I would never buy one again.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I purchased a MOTO e4 from Sprint 06/15, within a week, the phone screen went completely blank. I called into Motorola and they said that the phone was in warranty, and I had 2 options. 1 - either send the defective phone in to them and once they receive it, they'll send the replacement; or 2 - pay more than $100 to have a replacement phone sent out to me, and they will refund $80, holding the other $25 as deposit. I agreed to the latter.

TWO, count them, TWO weeks later, I receive my replacement phone and the serial number is registered to someone else's account, so this device is LOCKED! Can't activate my SIM card on it, and Motorola now wants me to repeat steps one and two... either send it and wait up to FOUR weeks for a device (2 weeks for them to receive and process the replacement, and 2 weeks for me to receive the replacement) or pay an ADDITIONAL $105 for a THIRD replacement... All because of their poor quality phones. Absolutely disgusting.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I just got off the phone with Motorola. I had purchased a new Moto Z (Verizon) about 2 years ago. I started having problems with the phone almost immediately. I kept taking it back to the Verizon Corporate Store during that first year where they tried to resolve multiple issues. After that year they suggested I contact Motorola because nothing they did was able to fix the issues. I did so. Motorola spent weeks trying to resolve the problems and after failing at everything including a full factory reset, they send me a replacement phone.

Shortly after receiving the first replacement phone, the SECOND phone experienced different issues. We underwent the same process (weeks of testing and working with Motorola). They then sent a second REPLACEMENT phone (actually the 3rd phone). This 2nd replacement phone had different major problems almost immediately. We again went through their process and they informed me they would send a THIRD REPLACEMENT phone (4th phone overall). They said they would have that phone THOROUGHLY inspected so that I wouldn't have any more issues. I questioned why they wouldn't have THOROUGHLY inspected the FIRST replacement phone.

In any case, the third replacement phone had a habit of calling people randomly that were in my phone list, and after again going through all their steps (including the usual complete factory reset as with the others). They today said they would send me a FOURTH replacement phone (5th phone overall) and would ensure it received an EXTRA SPECIAL INSPECTION and TESTING before they send it out.

I have spent hundreds of hours either driving to the Verizon Corporate Store or just on the phone with Motorola and Verizon, and hours more reloading apps after factory resets. Motorola will not compensate me in any manner for my time and aggravation. They will do the barest minimum that they have to do to meet their legal responsibilities under the warranty. I will never purchase another Motorola phone and I sincerely suggest if people DO need to get a replacement phone under their warranty, that they immediately sell that phone on eBay as I will now do, and put that money towards a company that stands behind their equipment and provides REAL service to their customers. Again, I'm waiting to get the FIFTH Moto Z from Motorola and still have no expectation that THIS one will work. eBay or Craigslist - here I come!

Original review: June 19, 2018

When buying the Moto x4 it claims to be waterproof and it's not. My speaker has shut off and now cannot hear anything! In calls or music. Yet Motorola expects you to call them and talk to them with their broken phone and I don't understand how that can be if they're putting phones on the market that fail when they're protected and claim they are waterproof just to get consumers to put money in their pockets and then try and charge you the consumer to send in their faulty phone. Or you can wait weeks to get a replacement and they need to be held accountable. It's sad that they have so many negative reviews yet if it’s not putting big money in an attorney’s pocket they won't touch any of these cases. I don't feel comfortable with fake get rich quick attorneys looking at these cases to see where they can get money. And it's about the consumer yet they have made this into a justifiable game of greed. It's disgusting!

Anyways as far as my phone it attempts to FaceTime on the phone. It makes random calls and pops up a lot of malware and unless I erase all my apps and keep it simple like calling and texting. The phone it's horrible. I recommend never buying this phone as it's a money scheme that this low life attorneys can't touch cause well they’re not real good attorneys there just nobody's who can't do nothing for anyone. And if they could they'd be doing something about it with all these negative reviews. Sad! If you want to send your phone in they do not cover the cost either? You have to pay for a phone box which is 10$ and also go to pay to print the label. Moto hold no responsibility to their products after you buy them. To them you’re making them millions of dollars to ** you over. They ** Every time a consumer buys a product cause they know they're not putting good product out there yet the government stays away to.

Why do you think AT&T is getting away with so much false propaganda? Cause they're not regulated and bought rights from the government to screw you guys over and guess what was their one thing they had the government cover up? The fact that you can't go after the company via attorneys nor can you file complaints against them either due to the fact the government has ok'd them to cover up. The scheme as long as they are getting paid which is called political contributions. Same with Moto they pay political contributions to the government to look the other way when it comes to your money that's why these stupid websites say they're not accredited which a lot of people don't know what that even means. All that means is you cannot Sue the company nor can you move forward with a complaint via BBB cause they don't care and they are being paid under the table to again look the other way.

If you go on these websites it states we cannot do anything about cell phone service or phone issues? There it is...the government has ok'd them to make phones no matter how poorly made cause as long as the government gets its share of your money why the ** should they care? They basically implemented the same rules and behind the scenes fake products and oking bad and negative issues to be covered up for police officers as they continue to kill innocent people and get away with it and not get in trouble? There is a law protecting police from killing people. It's the same here. They have been protecting the cell phone industry on the same basis.

Do not buy Motorola. As you can see all the negative reviews yet our ** government allows this to happen... So when terrorist attacks happen to America I laugh and say we ** deserve that. Lol it's not terrorist that kill us it's the government implementing these people to kill us. The government has a real life purge today and it's trying to cover it up just like this cell phone idiots.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I purchased a Motorola 4G Plus. First, died all of a sudden. They replaced it because it was covered by the warranty. They sent the same phone just repaired and it broke again, this time they told me I have to pay because the warranty was expired so I paid. I got another phone and after two months started to work funny. The touchscreen goes out of control. Apps gets open by themselves and the phone makes call. I have to remove the battery because I cannot even turn it off. I call them and they told me I have to pay again, which is not cheap and I have to be without phone for weeks. I feel that this company is scam. They sent you broken phones to charge hundreds after a couple of months that you use your phone. I won't purchase any Motorola product anymore and of course I will tell everybody not to do it. This company doesn't know how to do business.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Bought 2 Motorola G (4) cell phones. Gave one to a friend. My phone began acting up after an update from Motorola about 2 weeks ago. Icons disappeared or moved to another screen. Screens would appear and disappear by themselves. Applications would just vanish and had to be reloaded. And the phone would dial numbers without my making a call. I saw it happen right before my eyes. And calls or pages I was viewing on the net would blink out and go to another page that I had not wanted to bring up and it would do this without user input. Like this phone was possessed. Called Motorola and they said that phone could not be repaired via a fresh system update but had to be exchanged.

The phone is 4 months old. I use Webroot as my security. For the exchange to happen I have to pay $24.00 shipping to have the new phone sent to me and if I wanted to have a new phone sent before I would return the defective phone Motorola wants me to pony up a credit card hold of $200.00 which would guarantee I send the old piece of junk back to Motorola. Hey I'm not the one ripping people off by selling garbage to the public. Why should I be inconvenienced?

Original review: April 6, 2018

I purchased a factory unlocked Lenovo built 64 gig Motorola G5 Plus online approximately 6 months ago. I liked at first. At the time it was the best bang for the buck for the features I require, which are unlocked and not branded with any carrier logo, global network compatible LTE, CDMA, GSM, UMTS, at least 64 Gig primary storage, at least 4 Gig RAM, additional SD card slot for at least 128 Gig. Other specs are decent enough for me, including the camera.

I really wanted to like this phone more than it has come to. Although it was so much faster and more capable than my previous smartphones, a few quirks became evident now and then, including the network disconnects that others have complained about, funny noises, sudden dimming and recovery of the screen brightness while being used (not getting ready to sleep) and weird things like echoing calls and other phenomenon like that of a hacked phone. Every test I've run reveals no overt sign of hacking.

But the worst thing just happened, the Power button broke... it sank down in the frame and never popped back. It's always been iffy to find the sweet spot for making screenshots. Luckily, it snapped while trying to take a screenshot, so at least the phone remains on at all times until it's fixed or replaced. Other users have posted the same complaint except the phone couldn't be turned on.

The design, placement, materials and craftsmanship of the Power and Volume buttons are less than stellar or downright crappy. Lenovo apparently sacrificed quality workmanship in the effort to get this model on the market in a rush to present it as a budget alternative to the posh offerings by Google, Samsung and others with similar potential. But at least it's paid for, and for the time being it still serves its purpose despite its quirks and the broken power button.

Original review: March 6, 2018

It has been over 12 weeks for a promotion that was claimed the day of purchase. The arrival date was 4-6 weeks. Every 4-6 weeks to the day I would call and be told it's still pending when I have email confirmation showing that it was accepted but no tracking number is provided. They tell you it's a third party issue and not theirs but they will document it on your account. Do not ever buy a product from Motorola. They don't support them, they don't take care of their customers and they don't solve issues. They give you the runaround. Also they blame everything else but them. I have contacted the FTC and BBB as well as attorney general about this matter. They refuse to take their device back even if something is their fault. DO NOT BUY FROM MOTOROLA!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Did not send promised/advertised projector - WE send required "Barcode" and whatever receipts we had from Verizon store, where we purchased Motorola phone. Motorola send us respond that there is no receipt. Of course we make payments, and obviously at the moment phone wasn't paid off. FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I bought a Motorola Force 2 with the free projector with it. I was called quite a few times and emailed. I Never did get my Projector and the phone doesn't even compare to Samsung which I normally prefer. The Motorola service sucks. I am not impressed At all.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

On December 11, 2017, I bought the Moto Z2 after shopping around because they offered the projector mod for free. I was supposed to receive it in 4-6 weeks. Since then, I have exchanged seven email chains and had several long painful phone calls with Motorola's customer service. I got the AT&T store where I bought the phone to contact them. Motorola said they never got the first receipt, then they couldn't read the one I sent, then I went to the store and watched the guy send all the information requested. Again, Motorola said that they didn't receive it.

After all this hassle, they sent me an email which I had to add information to and forward back to them. I was promised the projector would be sent in 48 hours. The last email I got said they were starting the process over and I could expect the mod in 4 to 6 weeks. I'm convinced at this point they make this offer to get you to buy the phone but hope people will get frustrated and give up before they get the free mod. I feel conned. I'll never deal with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I ordered a new Motorola Z 2 Force edition phone for SPRINT for my boyfriend for Christmas. I am a full time college student and when I saw that the discount did not get applied to my order I called into their sales support and asked for the change to include the discount. While on the phone with me they re-did the order and placed an order for the wrong phone. We had a delayed Christmas due to children at other parents houses. When the phone was opened it came on and showed VERIZON on the handset. You can imagine my horror of a gift given that could not be used. I paid with my bank card since I choose to NOT use credit cards and they don't take PayPal for payments. I called Motorola and went through 2 steps of customers reps to get a supervisor and ask for a refund and a label to return etc... She gladly helped me and gave me a Motorola internal reference number for the conversation as well as her name etc.

She indicated I would get a refund email within 24 hours so I could turn around and purchase the correct handset and get that on its way to my boyfriend whose Christmas present was less than amazing as I had hoped it would be. I have now waited 72 hours and I still don't have the email and after speaking to three levels of customer service with all the tracking number and proof the handset is in transit back to Motorola (which the rep told me 72 hours ago that she would issue an immediate refund so I could make this right for the Christmas present that went so wrong).

So now 72 hours later there is a tracking number and Motorola still is refusing to issue the refund until it is actually received, NOT AT ALL WHAT WAS AGREED UPON - and I have an internal reference number from the supervisor who was assisting - where she gave me her name to call if I had any issues - and she would come on the phone if she was in - so any of the employees can see her notes... Now MOTOROLA is NOT going to back up what the employee said they would do - to make it right by the customer - when an intended gift went so wrong - and it was the fault of the Motorola rep who re-ordered my phone as a gift the second time around.

If I had made the mistake I would not have asked for any special treatment, however with this being a Christmas gift - gone horribly wrong - and then the first time I spoke to a rep at Motorola I had to help them find my phone as they said it was a VERIZON ONLY phone - that there was not a Sprint capable handset!!! The rep made the same mistake that the rep or re-ordered the phone made when they placed the order for the Christmas gift. This is why the supervisor who helped me 72 hours ago agreed to issue the refund immediately so I could get the new phone ordered. She was trying do the right thing by a customer who had a gift gone horribly wrong. Buyer beware - Motorola will not do anything to back up an employee of theirs trying to do the right thing for a customer order they screwed up as a Christmas gift. I am horrified. If this was for me - no big deal - this was a Christmas gift.

Motorola Company Information