Motorola

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have a Nexus 6 that I took very good care of — It's in pristine condition. There are no hardware problems with the phone that I need to fix. It is strictly a software issue. I have spent 3 weeks now troubleshooting with Motorola. They can't help me get into my phone (I own it outright) and they won't replace it because it's out of warranty. IT'S NOT A HARDWARE ISSUE. IT'S A SOFTWARE ISSUE! So now software glitches are part of a warranty? The worst customer service ever. I don't even know how much time I've wasted waiting on hold and all I have to show for it is a beautiful paperweight. How is it I can own my phone and am locked out of it with no way in? They keep telling me they will contact me but never do — I have had to call them back every time. I seriously feel like I'm getting the runaround.

When connect charger then the phone screen is automatically flickering, auto touch anywhere in screen and too much heat the mobile. Also battery drawn quickly. A very bad experience. Purchased Motorola g4 plus. Very much unsatisfied with Motorola phone. It's a huge problem. Please don't buy Moto either you killed. 1st when I purchase the phone then I return the mobile for this above problem and change to buying the phone but same problem is face.

I contacted customer support because my Moto Z broke and they replaced it for another broken phone. When I called to see what they could do to compensate me they told me their highest division would contact me in 2 days with the ability to upgrade my phone. It took me calling and emailing them 2 week to respond that they are not willing to give any compensation for sending me a broken phone, giving me the runaround and taking 2 weeks to have the higher department contact me when it was to only take 2 days just to say no.

Ordered a Moto G5 Plus smartphone, pre-release. Scheduled to ship in 18 days. Two days after the order I attempted to cancel the order. They would not cancel the order. It was more than two weeks prior to shipping date. Told me I could return the phone. How much money and hassle does this customer unfriendly policy cost the company? Do they imagine people will want to keep their product so they can keep the money? This is a waste of time and money, I will return the phone and would not recommend trying to deal with Motorola in the future. I have had two Moto G phones in the past and I presently have two Lenovo (same parent company) computers. Do they treat all customers this way?

Moto e3 power - When I went to customer care of moto in order to repair my phone mic which suddenly stopped working they checked my whole phone and showing minor break in phone camera lens. They said that I have to pay 1800 to change full back cover and camera lens then only this warranty is applicable on my phone. Which is ridiculous as I went there to repair my phone mic not camera lens and I am under warranty. They cheated with me, what is the connection between camera lens and mic? After Lenovo acquired Moto they are really downgrading moto products. I will never buy any moto product in future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

SIM CARD ISSUES, TURNING OFF, BATTERY DRAIN, MORE. End of Dec. 2016 I purchased a Smartphone MOTO G4 PLUS from local Best Buy. I purchased a micro SIM card for my carrier Consumer Cellular. Installed and initiated the phone as per instruction. Connected to CC Net and Internet and made few calls. After 10-20 min I wanted to make a call again. THE PHONE displayed a message "No SIM card - Emergency calls only". Internet on, phone active but not connected to the CC network. Replaced 2 SIM cards without improved results. CC confirmed it was not the SIM card issue. Motorola ask me to perform multiple reboots and number of other instructions that changed nothing. They asked me to return the phone to them for a replacement.

They claim that they no longer repair the defective units. They destroy them. Hence, I will receive a NEW unit after they receive my damaged phone. Received replacement unit, installed new SIM and initiated the phone as per MOTO/LENOVO instructions. As before it worked as it should for about 20 minutes. Then it returned with the same "No SIM card..." message. Upon reboot it drained the battery faster than it should. It got hot and it shut completely off by itself. I try number of things Moto recommends on their web but there was no change. It actually got worst. No phone, for 2 1/2 months. I again called Motorola support and their solution is to issue me yet another phone if I return my unit first. When I asked for a full refund they claim that they cannot do that at this time.

Since my second unit is functioning even worst than the original I am reluctant to send the phone back to them again. What am I getting? Some other customer's phone that is wiped clean and send to me with the usual unresolved issues. I say this because there are visible scratches on the second phone that I could not see on my original purchased phone. I am very disappointed with Motorola/Lenovo and according to theirs and others' web help sites, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. Moto customer service was unable to explain, or even acknowledge that they have a PROBLEM. I am now going to ask for a full refund before taking legal action against them. There are laws for this case and others. Hope Consumer Affairs will do something about this. I am not using the phone to play games, I am using it for death and life issues. T E L E P H O N E!

I bought Moto G4 Plus mobile from Amazon 5 month ago. Suddenly its vibration is off. Means phone didn't get vibrate. I went to care center. They said there is problem of motherboard. They change motherboard after 3 weeks but problem was not sorted. I again went to care center. They said "your phone will not get repaired by us." They cheat. I want to replace my phone or get repaired. Motorola service center in Sangli is very bad.

Bought an unlocked Moto Z play and discovered a crack from fingerprint reader to edge of screen. Phone was not mishandled or dropped so I believe it to be a manufacturing defect. Spent nearly an hour trying to get a customer support representative on the phone to see what my options were. Was told to expect an email that I could send pictures of the phone to for determination and never received that email. Tried going through their website and finally input my info and issue. Took nearly two weeks to get an acknowledgment for service. Sad to see the Motorola bat wings get pasted on these products since I work with their equipment as a radio technician. Will never buy another Motorola phone while Lenovo owns the manufacturing. Too bad too, the phone is a great performer and the battery life is amazing.

I have bought Motorola Nexus 6 and it is still under warranty. Battery does not last for more than 3 hours. When I pressed the volume-up button it has gone in... and unable to lift it up. When gone to the Service Centre, they are asking for 3200 Rs to repair. Really I do not know why the hell I have pay when the mobile is under warranty. Then what is the meaning of warranty? Really having bad time with Motorola again. No more Motorola. Guys don't buy Motorola... No. 1 cheating company.

I bought the MOTO X Pure phone from Motorola.com. I have had many problems and went through 3 replacement phones with the same issues. Currently I am still waiting on my 4th replacement phone, and it has been almost a month! Motorola promises 3-5 day turnaround on replacement phones. I've spent countless hours with their customer service, only to get hung up on at least twice, and my problems have never been resolved.

I've tried their customer service chat - each time I've spent on average half an hour with them. At the end of the conversation was told to call their 1800 number. I've submitted 5 messages online to their customer service - who promises a response within 24 hours. Not ONE of these messages has gained a reply. I'd never recommend this company to anyone. Save yourself countless hours of hassle and frustration and choose ANY other phone company. I haven't had a single issues with Samsung, Apple, LG or HTC.

My battery charging port on my Motorola phone stopped working. I contacted Motorola on their website. I had to send my phone to them and then they would send me a new phone OR I could pay $24.99 + tax for them to send me the new phone first. That's crazy! My phone still worked. Who can go 4 days without a phone. I called customer service. Someone who barely spoke English insisted there was nothing they could do because I chose the "premium service". Do not buy Motorola products.

I have had the phone (Moto G 4th generation) for less than a year. The port stopped charging unless I spend several minutes push the charger into the port with extra force and then I have to lay the phone down when it starts charging and not move it. I had the problems for several weeks before I had a chance to call. Unfortunately the week end before I got some time off work my niece dropped it. There is a minor crack in the glass. I am not asking to have the crack repaired I just want the phone to charge. They refused to unless I pay for the crack in the glass first. I have told them over and over that I am fine with the crack. I just want the phone to charge.

I bought a Droid Turbo 2 with Android 5.1. Some of my apps will not run on the newer version of Android so I have a screen that comes up all the time asking me to update. I can't disable the screen. The screen is dangerous because it comes up while my GPS is on while I'm driving. The screen also comes up while I'm trying to text or talk on the phone and it also comes up while I'm flying my drone causing me to lose control of my aircraft. I've talked to customer service and they say there's no way to disable this problem. Motorola refuses to help me and they just hang up when I ask them.

Moto G4 plus faulty, purchased directly from Motorola website, repaired by Motorola after 4 weeks of receiving it. Sent back with exactly the same fault. Have spent last 4 weeks proving that under the 2015 Consumer Rights act, I can request a full refund. Even sent them relevant paperwork. They have decided not to offer refund, instead they sent it to their legal department 2 weeks ago. Now they don't even bother to contact me despite 4 calls and messages to them. Today started legal proceedings against them via Small Claims Court. So much for Customer Service. Will never buy anything from Motorola again. See them in court and can claim extra expenses yes. UPDATE 7 Feb. Received email from company saying they will refund costs of phone + court costs + expenses (P&P etc.). Could so easily have been avoided, silly company.

Bought Moto G Plus 9 months ago. Suddenly started flickering automatically and is not responding for few minutes. Service center nearby says "We don't take under warranty period phones. Go to another center which is 20 km away or call customer service number." Customer Care number is full-time busy. These companies which take so much effort to sell mobiles at doorstep through Amazon, why don't they take up responsibility to deliver a durable product or at least provide adequate service centers? Fed up with Motorola experience.

Dear Supporting officers, Motog4 camera rear side was giving quality images. Service center says due to scratch. How the scratch came within 6 months as compared to my previous phones usage. Seems product design issue and the material used. LCD panel also cracked, charger was not working. After 2 hours wait at service center they replace charger. For camera issue asking 1800 rs even phones under warranty, Motorola not even ready to understand the realistic issues and not ready to fix issues. Made my life miserable. I will never recommend purchase Motorola to anyone as they have damaged good brand name. How to resolve this issue. Anyone can help.

I have bought Motorola G Turbo edition by Amazon 9 months before. After 6 months it slow charging. Full charge in 10 hours. I have visit the Motorola customer care Jaipur Rajasthan. According to them there was some problem in hardware. At that time hardware was not in stuck. Estimated time given by them 7 to 15 days. After 15 days I have collect my mobile but now again that phone was slow charging.

I have used 3 Motorola mobiles - Moto E, G and G4 plus. I have always felt that the mobile is more worth than the money paid, but once an problem occurs with the phone, then I think why I bought Motorola. The customer support are very rude arrogant and unprofessional and are never ready to help you out and just keep arguing. The service center - 0/10. I had issues with Moto E and took phone to service center, waited for a month to get it repaired. This time when I go to service center with Moto G4 plus with multiple problems, agents there are impatient to listen to the problem and act arrogantly as if they are doing a favor on us and got back my phone but the issues were still there. So advice to all of you - phone is good, but once issues occurs consider you get no or very less help from Motorola.

I brought Moto E XT1020 a one year back. When I was using mobile phone suddenly I got message of gallery has stopped then I went app manager and clear the cache of gallery application. After that I restart the phone and it could not power on. Then I went to Motorola customer care center in Karimnagar district. They examined and kept 2 days. After two days they said the phone will not work and the booting file missed and also they advised to me it will not repair anywhere in the India and it is better to buy another phone instead of repair this phone.

I have bought Motorola 4G Plus by Amazon 5 months before. After 4 months it starts shows continue charging. I have visit the Motorola customer care Sector 20 Chandigarh Rameshwari service center. According to them there was some problem in hardware. At that time hardware was not in stock. Estimated time given by them 10 days but today 22 days passed. No update by them or even they are demanding 10 days more for repair. No backup mobile is given by them and I am facing the problem last 22 days. I think it's my big mistake to choose this brand for the mobile. I am also going to the harassment cell (consumer court) for this ignorance.

I've had Moto phones for the past six years. Atrix, Atrix II, G, G3, G4 and now the Z Play. All of the phone have been excellent in battery life and functionality and I am a very heavy user. This said, I still use my G3 as a backup and recently the screen started acting up. I went online, spent less than five minutes going through their trouble shooting section, it determined it needed to be sent in.

A quick check of the IMEI showed it was still in warranty (by five months) and repairs would cost nothing. They wanted me to print out a sheet to include with the return along with a copy of the proof of purchase (bought from Newegg) and they sent me a prepaid Fedex Overnight label. I shipped it and it arrived to them the next day. I got a email late that night stating that Moto had received the device along with a link that allowed me to track the status of my repairs.

Three days later it was done, FedEx notified me with a tracking # that my phone would be arriving the following day via Standard Overnight. Once the phone arrived I checked it out, they had indeed repaired it as the IMEI & Serial #s were still the same. They had updated Android to the latest version and the documentation showed they replaced the screen (glass/digitizer/actual screen) due to "irregularities". Needless to say, the whole process from start to finish was simple and easy. Why anyone would call tech support to return a malfunctioning phone is beyond me. They have the self service tools in place online for a reason. They even offered to send a replacement phone to use at no cost while mine was being serviced, but I declined that as it is only a backup phone.

I was told that it had a great camera and took amazing pictures. No. Very had to use and terrible pics. If you are on a call you can't look something up on internet. It won't let you. I HATE THIS PHONE.

Poor quality known issue and poor support. Bought Moto 360 a year and a half ago for $299.00 plus tax. Like a lot of others the back cracked and the band won't stay on. I know it is out of warranty. I wanted to buy the part which was available online for under $20.00 but none are available now. I called Motorola for support and they can only fix it at a cost of $100.00 plus shipping. Making a profit center out of a known poor quality issue. My advice buy a cheaper watch online. At least you will get what you pay for!!!

I have been using Motorola from MOTO E version and purchased almost 5 mobiles of Motorola but the way your helpdesk person responded and the way the Kavya enterprises service center at Shivaji Nagar, Pune was very much nervous. I had issue with my charger of MOTO G4 plus handset and I have searched for the service centres in Pune and visited two service centres which were displayed on Motorola's site and both said, "We do not deal anymore." Then I called the Motorola customer care and they have redirected me to kavya enterprises where I met Mr. Ajay ** (Who says, "I am the highest authority of the Moto service center"). I have explained him the issue and he asked me to take a token and "wait for your turn" where I have waited for almost 1 and half hour then he denied to accept the Amazon's online bill and asked me to get a printout.

The very next day I have visited kavya center again and given them the token and bill which they again denied for token validity and asked me to get new token which I have agreed and requested for a new token and the token guy says, "We do not have tokens available." After which I have requested Mr. Ajay ** to help me and he in a rude language replies ("If there is someone else who is not a token service center please go to level two or four days"), so I have requested him, "Give me your escalation point of contact for which he says that he is the highest authority and "Complain whomsoever you want to complain."

After which I called the Moto customer care and explained the entire scenario and there also I got a very unsatisfactory response. Eha joshi from moto customer care officer was also not in a mood to help me and give me the next point of contact nor listen to me. She also replied me as mr Ajay replied for which I have audio recording with me. I request you to please act on the same and call me on ** for more clarity. If this is the attitude of a customer care person and a service center person then is strongly recommend everyone to do not purchase Motorola mobiles.

I bought a phone 5 weeks ago (1 year warranty) and it has power off issues. 3 calls (25 min each) submit proof of purchase 3 times and they decline warranty work saying it's out of warranty. SAVE YOUR PHONE FOR A PAYPHONE because Moto phones won't hold up.

Useless engineers, customer service and rest of the company. Had to send my Moto X Play for screen repairing with proof of purchase. Apparently they received the phone and not the proof of purchase. No one contacted regarding the status of phone neither sent any notification whether they have received the phone or not. After repeat contact, two weeks later email came saying, “Our engineers have checked the phone is out of warranty date" and there is proof of purchase and it wasn't. They lied. Sent proof of purchase. Engineers checked again. The cost was triple the original cost. How does the warranty change cost.

Then no status update, two weeks of more wait time. Another call came saying, the phone failed quality check and "we have to replace the main system and you have to pay for that" and total of £126.00 charged for my repairing with 4 weeks wait time. This is my first and last time for Motorola. Anyone read this. Do not buy their products and services. Very disappointing.

I received my Moto g4plus in the month of July. Hence I was not having two sims. I was using only one sim till time. Now I taken a new sim and kept in sim slot two. It worked for some days then it is showing error that it is not getting detected. I called customer care. They said format it. I did that. After that some time it worked. Then again same problem. I went to service centre. The people said it is damaged and not be repairable. I want to know how it is? I have not used that slot. My phone is not fallen anywhere. Then how it is I spend 15000 on it. Customer cell people and service cell people are not giving good response. Motorola service is worst I must say. Is there any solution on it. Please help.

I purchase a Moto Z phone a month ago from Motorola.com. The phone has a very bad battery life for me so my first reaction was to ask for technical support. I started a online chat and got connected with a "professional tech support". I described my problems and 2 minutes later, I got a long response which was CLEARLY copied from a template response. I was not very happy since my description already proved that many of the solutions provided were useless. I then said this and reiterated my problem and was hoping for some more specific response. And after a long wait, I AGAIN got a template response asking to basically do the same thing!!! I was so frustrated and asked to escalate my case to a higher level, and then the rep simply disconnected me!!! That was simply the beginning of the nightmare. I was very upset so I decided to return it. I followed the online link to request for a return label.

A few hours later I received a label with the wrong address of mine. Then the nightmare began. I chatted and talked with the customer service for more than 5 times just to correct the shipping label so I can send the phone back. The first four reps promised me to fix it and they all failed. The fifth time I finally got a new shipping label that has the correct address of mine and I then immediately shipped the phone back and thought I could just leave the whole thing behind me. However, three weeks after the return was delivered, I still have not received the refund. And they promised to refund within 7-10 days since they receive the returns. I had to call and online chat with them like 5 more times and then one of them finally figured out that the RMA number for my return is still associated with the original shipping label that has the wrong address, which means, in their system, they are still waiting for me return!!!

I of course gave him the correct shipping tracking number and he told me that I could relax because he already fixed it and I should get my refund very soon. However, about a week later, I still have not received my it. This is the worst return service I have ever had with any merchandise anywhere. I will NEVER buy any more Motorola product in the future, and I will strongly advise everybody to do the same thing to avoid bad purchase experience.

Never ever purchase any product of MOTOROLA, because after sales service is worst. In fact they don’t bother about the difficulties of customer, facing due to non working of products which was purchased by a customer. I had purchased Moto G Plus 4th Gen with 32 GB ram, handset from Motorola through amazon in June 2016. The handset is having problem of overheating. When I use handset continuously for 20-25 minutes, it gets overheated and then switched off. I contacted their service center and they reported PCB (Mother Board) needs to replace. I had handed over my handset to service center on 16th September, 2016 and 'til today i.e. 23rd October, 2016, it is with them only. They are not able to resolve the issue due to non supply of part from Motorola.

I had Communicated with Motorola through emails and phone calls (toll free number), several times, but still they are not able to resolve the issue, in spite, on every follow up they are always asking more time to resolve the issue. Even officials handling phone calls are not having proper information and update about the issue, and when asking them to transfer the call to responsible official, they don’t. On demanding replacement of handset, they told, according to their policy they will not replace handset. THEY HAVE POLICY NOT TO REPLACE HANDSET BUT DON’T HAVE ANY POLICY TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE IN REASONABLE TIME.

Moreover, they are providing service through ENSURE SERVICES, Chennai, which I come to know from service center. I have also communicated through mail and phone calls, with their officials. Initially they talk to me and given false promises. Once they told me that they are dispatching part today, i.e. on the day I talked, when I inquired with service station, they didn’t receive any part. After 8-10 days when I called they told they have already dispatched part 2 days back. Once again the same thing happened, part was not reached service center. In-between this two calls and after that their officials stop receiving my phone calls. Both they, MOTOROLA AND ENSURE SERVICES, are not giving any update on issue. I don’t have free time to write reviews, but I am sharing this, so that no one else will face the harassment which I am facing. I once again recommend not to purchase any MOTOROLA PRODUCT.

I am on my third Droid Turbo 2 phone, all having defects by the manufacturer. It has stopped charging & this was identified as a manufacturer defect eligible to be replaced under warranty. Original call placed 10/10 was told I would be receiving a new device within 48 hours. 7 days later no tracking number, no phone has shipped and come to find out I will be receiving a refurbished model, not the custom phone I paid for and was promised-- if it ever arrives. Multiple follow up calls have resulted in hang ups, being audibly laughed at by 'agents' and lied to repeatedly. Additionally I discovered a 24.99 "premium fee" charged to my credit card by Motorola without my knowledge, consent or authorization.

When addressing this issue and asking for an immediate refund with (7+) "agents" I was told the order (that does not exist) for the replacement phone would be canceled if it was refunded, that they would need to listen to the call recording first (I have the call recorded myself) and other assorted stall tactics. Currently on the phone with a 13th representative who keeps repeating Motorola has 4 business days to ship the replacement device but acknowledges it is the 5th business day and no order is in sight. Still no phone, no idea when I will get a phone and no help.

Motorola Company Profile