3.8/5 (288 ratings)

About Motorola

Motorola Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Motorola will only mirror to Chromecast devices. This is a huge inconvenience and not good for business as many people use this feature to cast to smart tvs. This will be the first and last Motorola I purchase. My old Samsung could connect to any smart tv.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Many issues with Motorola Stylus 5G. Latest issue involves a recent update that removed my keyboard and replaced it with Voice Typing and no way to put back the keyboard. NOT a single option. It's the worst cell phone model I've ever had.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2022

After spending 45 minutes on the phone with the Online CSR Tech to verify the model number of the phone I was trying to order, they confirmed that the one I was trying to order was in fact the model I wanted. 2 days later the phone arrived and it was not the model I ordered, it was a 2nd Gen model, which is not the same size as the Gen 1 model. Why would you change sizes of the same exact phone other than to confuse and cost your customers more money in buying new phone cases and other paraphernalia is frustrating and ridiculous.

When I tried to return the phone online it would not recognize my order and I was booted from the system. So I tried to call the Product Return number, to which I spent 15 minutes waiting for the first person to tell me they could not complete my request. I was then transferred over to the Specialist who took another 15 minutes of my time to tell me that I would receive an email within 24 hours for the Return Label, at which point they completed disregarded any of my frustrations, no apologies for the time wasted in this process.

This is the 2nd time I have had significant issues with Motorola and their product service process. If I ever order another Moto product it will not be from them and I will verify any protective insurance thru another provider. IE. Verizon, eBay, or Amazon. I would never recommend this company to anyone who is looking to buy a Motorola product, research your investments before purchasing. I spent 6 hours searching for a new phone and Motorola wasted nearly 2 hours of this process, when all I wanted was to know the exact model number of the phone I wanted to order from them and they could not get that correct. Phone model sent was the XT2141-2 which is not the same as the XT2141-1 which is what I was trying to order - Goodbye Moto Edge 2021! Hello Samsung S22 Ultra.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I love Motorola Smart Phones - great price for the advanced features and camera!!! But (1) delivery and (2) customer service just plain suck. When you order a phone and it says the phone will be delivered in 2 days. But it is 4 days later and still no phone but you get a Motorola official email saying that it HAS been delivered. And their automated chat MOLI says it has been delivered, but when you call their outsourced Customer service line that apologizes and says it really hasn't been delivered, but there is nothing they can do about it but tell you give it another day or 2. What do you do without a cell phone? I could have just walked into a retail store and got one on the spot. Customer service passed me to an escalation team to just say, "Yeah, it's still in transit. Sorry about the confusion." I remember the days when CS says, "We apologize and how can we make this right?"

Original review: June 1, 2022

Sent in new Razr 5g for repairs to main screen peeling up. Phone was still operational when I sent it in (actually called Motorola customer service from the damaged phone). I had dropped the phone months ago however it was still working like it should, no peeling up of the inside screen or anything. Over time opening and closing it the inside screen began to pop up until I was no longer able to use the inside. The front screen was undamaged and still completely operational. When I sent the phone in for the 3-5 day repair/replace it took over a week to get an email saying my ticket was being "escalated."

After a conversation today the Motorola customer service lady tells me they are no longer doing repairs, they just replace the phone completely and I'd have to pay a replacement fee $960. Mind you I bought the phone new unlocked less than a year ago for $1150 prepaid activated with AT&T. I would recommend anyone considering buying a Motorola cell phone not to do so. They used to be a better company. I actually had versions of the 1st Razr from back in the day, loved it and decided to buy this next Gen one. Mistake!!! I hope this helps whomever reads it and find yourself a better company/brand cell phone before buying Motorola.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I bought the Motorola Razr 5G 1.5 yrs ago and after a few months the screen started creaking, After about a yr and 2 months the screen went dead and a line formed near where the phone Folds, I tried to check how much it would cost but all Motorola wants to do is sell me a refurbished phone for $1000 dollars, They can’t fix a phone they launched less than 2 yrs ago. What a waste of my hard earned money.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I bought the G6 phone in late 18. The phone no longer functions. The reason is Motorola's upgrade plan. They only 1 android upgrade to the next android version. Before long the apps no longer work because they have been upgraded to work with newer android versions. Then the google applications start to fail as they are upgraded to later versions of android op systems. I bought the phone because of low cost. For a while it worked well. Now the newer models are more costly with the same Motorola upgrade philosophy-1 upgrade. I am moving to a vendor that supports extensive android upgrades. And I will never go back to Motorola. As a final for instance my phone was supported through Android 9 max. The current version of android is 12 or 13 with Motorola's customers being left in the dust.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I have had this phone for 5 months provided by Comcast. I've spent hours upon hours with them over chronic and various problems. There is NO recourse even under warranty, Motorola or Comcast wants me to spend more hours and travel to a 'fix-it' place to correct the current glitch but will still leave me with a phone that is user-unfriendly and frustrating. The phone is not worth the time. I can hit the message icon and it calls the person. The home page freezes and I can't call out or accept an incoming call. Comcast says I need to pay for a defective phone which has left me days w/o service and endless time w/ them trying to fix it. Finished!

Original review: April 7, 2022

I purchased Moto Z4 new in 2020. The last security patch update provided was September 2021, and additional updates were no longer provided. This lack of support means I am no longer in compliance to use my work applications. Motorola's only offer of solution was to give me $75 for the phone I bought from them for $600, and to, after hours on the phone and finally communicating on a corporate level, a 10% discount on a new phone. It seems to be very poor customer service to sell a product, not support it, thus making it unusable, and offer very little assistance with a solution.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I purchased this phone in Nov 2021. In March 2022 it stopped receiving texts from anyone not in my contacts. I got a new SIM from my provider and when that didn't work I contacted Motorola. We ran through some checks and they decided that I needed to send my phone in for repair. After they received the phone, I got an email that my warranty was voided by "water damage" and they sent a picture of the external portion of the charging port with a tiny amount of corrosion. Well, it is an open port, and there is a thing called humidity, so this isn't really surprising.

I had no trouble with charging, and the internet is full of recommendations on how to fix this common problem if you do. There was no evidence of any water inside the phone. The charging port also has nothing to do with why I could not receive texts. But Motorola never addressed the issue that I submitted the phone for. Maybe they never intended to. A google search turns up LOTs of people caught in the same water damage warranty issue. Sounds like a scam to get out of honoring their warranties. I wish I had seen those before I made the purchase. So buyer beware! This is not a company I will be dealing with in the future, and you may want to think about your investment before you do too.

Motorola Company Information