Motorola

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had a requested to all Indians please don't buy any products of Motorola and Lenovo too... They are just cheating us. I bought 2 mobiles Moto G4 Plus after 3 months neither battery working nor charging jack. Service centre not responding. Lenovo: screen went in just 48 days... Pls don't buy any products of these two cheater companies.

It was a pathetic response from your service center. I have purchased Moto M in the month of January 17. On Monday 19th June it suddenly stopped working, I was not able to hear. So been to authorized service center for a request to check what went wrong. Support executive responded as nice speaker not working. I was assured by support staff as you will get your phone on Thursday as both the parts need to replaced. Today morning I called up the support staff. I was informed as still it will take 3/4 days.

My question to quality team is why you guys are selling such faulty pieces as it is getting damaged in 6 months. When you are manufacturing mobile phones you should have all the required spares with your team. It was a very bad service from support staff as they very arrogant while speaking with the customers. I will definitely escalate this matter with Grahak Manch if I am not getting my mobile on time. I will also tell all my friends & colleagues not to purchase Motorola phones as they don't have any quality checks. Hoping for a positive reply.

I bought a Moto G4 from Amazon and in less than 30 days the screen would randomly flicker. The only way to get it to stop was to turn it off. During the last incident it wouldn't turn off, overheated and caught fire. Motorola would not refund my money but insisted they could only send me another phone. They asked for my burnt phone so their "scientists" could look at it and promised to let me know what they discovered, nada. I've had my second Moto G4 for almost two months and the flickering screen has appeared and the drop down window appears for no reason and blocks the screen. It's a dangerous phone and I'm chucking it in the trash rather than wait for the next fire to happen. I'll never purchase another Motorola phone.

This phone is a complete piece of junk!! I've had mine replaced, repaired and I've done factory resets but it still wins the "absolutely do not buy" award!!! I can't even set a stupid ring tone! Answering and hanging up are hit and miss. I don't know how many times I've tried to answer a call! It's supposed to be an easy slide of the finger...ya right! Save yourself the time, money and aggravation and buy any other brand of phone! 2 soup cans and a string would be a better than this phone!

You sent me an email on May 24th letting me know that you received the phone back. I expect you to return the unauthorized money you took out of my bank account ASAP. TODAY. I bought my Motorola Pure X through Amazon in late February. I had problems with the phone connecting to numerous bluetooth devices (which I am not explaining here as I've repeated the issues at length with multiple Motorola and Amazon people). I had a terrible experience with "Richard", at Motorola, who told me he was a supervisor. I spent a great deal of time with him, as well as with a Motorola customer service worker, whom I originally spoke with to over the phone. I must have explained my issues and all the troubleshooting steps I had taken previous to speaking with them both at least 2 dozen times, if not more.

Richard was argumentative with me, cutting me off; raising his voice; not able or willing to (I'm not sure which) let me finish my sentences. I repeated myself several times as to what, specifically was the issue and yet, unfortunately Richard never understood what I was complaining about. As a side note, Richard was definitely unprofessional and gave unacceptable customer service. Richard did send me a new phone, but he let me know he wasn't happy about it. It was a very uncomfortable, long, and stressful conversation. Definitely not a good experience! And I am a new Microsoft customer!

The phone came a few days later. I opened the envelope and what I got was: a box that was different than the one I got with my new phone in February, and the box was open inside the shipping envelope- not secured with tape or anything, phone hastily wrapped in a single and deflated piece of bubble wrap which was taped in a crooked manner around the phone, instructions that were on multiple sheets of paper thrown in the envelope. Bent, crinkled, just crappy looking. I absolutely did not feel safe activating this phone, which was obviously not new, so I sent it back to you. I wrote a note saying that the phone was unacceptable and I was going to keep my original phone and that I was absolutely unhappy with the service and care I had received from Motorola.

I have pictures of every piece that was inside the FedEx envelope from you as well as the letter I enclosed. Yesterday I saw a large withdrawal from you! $275.25 is what you had pending in my bank account! You can't do that. You can't charge me for a phone that you sent me and I returned and you acknowledge you received!! Today this charge went through.

Update: I couldn't find a working email for me in which to send this and ended up doing Live Chat with Ramone. I've spent over an hour with him and at the end of it all, he told me that he would have to have a different dept. call me because it was out of his scope. I asked him repeatedly to give me a direct email and or address to whom I could send my complaints to, someone who has the authority to handle my complaints. He gave me what ended up being a general Microsoft address, the same one I earlier sent a request for refund to and never heard back. At this point I am having to wait 7-10 business days for my refund and I have no person who can insure culpability.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

After buying Moto X Play, within 2 months its display and speakers started malfunctioning. On visiting the service centre numerous times for the same recurring issues I received the same response every time from them - "We cannot do anything. We cannot replace the handset even if we are not able to repair them." Good going Motorola! Extremely disappointed with a such a big brand like Motorola. Your service centre sucks. You are neither able to repair your sets nor able to replace them.

Fed up with Motorola service and device. Out of the 8-9 months, I have been using this handset, its time at the service center would be 3-4 months. My hard earning money all went down the drain, As per my experience, I would never recommend Motorola to anyone else due to its appalling after sales services. Guys don't buy Motorola devices. Their service centers are neither capable of solving the issues nor they will replace the device even if there are some manufacturing defects.

I am on the phone with Motorola right now. I bought a Motorola phone and it was defective. All kinds of problems - Motorola sent me a new phone, had info from old phone transferred to new phone yesterday and guess what!!!?? This phone is defective too. They now want me to send this phone back so they can send me another one of their (defective) phones. I am so sick of this. I do not have time to spend all morning on the phone with them. I will not send this phone back. I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER MOTOROLA PHONE, TV OR WHATEVER OTHER PRODUCTS THEY SELL. I am trying to get a refund for the original purchase price. I will go to any lengths to get it!!! They have screwed with me enough. (You can't tell that I'm upset can you???)

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. Basically I've had a phone for a little over a year that has been broken since I purchased it brand new. Motorola's team is incompetent, negligent and intentionally sabotaged me getting a replacement phone. I requested one three months ago, and have since spoken to them 24 times. I have provided them with 3 different credit cards, (one debit card, that all has sufficient funds in them). Each time, they told me the issue was not "resolved", that my bank didn't accept the $75 charge. All of this is untrue. They held the $75 on my cards several times. They basically force people to buy a new phone because they refuse to honor their quality guarantees and warranties. They should be sued over and over and over again.

Moto G Plus - I am very disappointed with this product. I was having respect for this company but after using this product is feel like I'm was wrong. Heating problem is main issue, heat like heater even I hardly use phone that time. Within 3 month, motherboard is burst. Then battery problem is like **, and at last hanging problem. Salute to this phone...

I have a Nexus 6 that I took very good care of — It's in pristine condition. There are no hardware problems with the phone that I need to fix. It is strictly a software issue. I have spent 3 weeks now troubleshooting with Motorola. They can't help me get into my phone (I own it outright) and they won't replace it because it's out of warranty. IT'S NOT A HARDWARE ISSUE. IT'S A SOFTWARE ISSUE! So now software glitches are part of a warranty? The worst customer service ever. I don't even know how much time I've wasted waiting on hold and all I have to show for it is a beautiful paperweight. How is it I can own my phone and am locked out of it with no way in? They keep telling me they will contact me but never do — I have had to call them back every time. I seriously feel like I'm getting the runaround.

When connect charger then the phone screen is automatically flickering, auto touch anywhere in screen and too much heat the mobile. Also battery drawn quickly. A very bad experience. Purchased Motorola g4 plus. Very much unsatisfied with Motorola phone. It's a huge problem. Please don't buy Moto either you killed. 1st when I purchase the phone then I return the mobile for this above problem and change to buying the phone but same problem is face.

I contacted customer support because my Moto Z broke and they replaced it for another broken phone. When I called to see what they could do to compensate me they told me their highest division would contact me in 2 days with the ability to upgrade my phone. It took me calling and emailing them 2 week to respond that they are not willing to give any compensation for sending me a broken phone, giving me the runaround and taking 2 weeks to have the higher department contact me when it was to only take 2 days just to say no.

Ordered a Moto G5 Plus smartphone, pre-release. Scheduled to ship in 18 days. Two days after the order I attempted to cancel the order. They would not cancel the order. It was more than two weeks prior to shipping date. Told me I could return the phone. How much money and hassle does this customer unfriendly policy cost the company? Do they imagine people will want to keep their product so they can keep the money? This is a waste of time and money, I will return the phone and would not recommend trying to deal with Motorola in the future. I have had two Moto G phones in the past and I presently have two Lenovo (same parent company) computers. Do they treat all customers this way?

Moto e3 power - When I went to customer care of moto in order to repair my phone mic which suddenly stopped working they checked my whole phone and showing minor break in phone camera lens. They said that I have to pay 1800 to change full back cover and camera lens then only this warranty is applicable on my phone. Which is ridiculous as I went there to repair my phone mic not camera lens and I am under warranty. They cheated with me, what is the connection between camera lens and mic? After Lenovo acquired Moto they are really downgrading moto products. I will never buy any moto product in future.

SIM CARD ISSUES, TURNING OFF, BATTERY DRAIN, MORE. End of Dec. 2016 I purchased a Smartphone MOTO G4 PLUS from local Best Buy. I purchased a micro SIM card for my carrier Consumer Cellular. Installed and initiated the phone as per instruction. Connected to CC Net and Internet and made few calls. After 10-20 min I wanted to make a call again. THE PHONE displayed a message "No SIM card - Emergency calls only". Internet on, phone active but not connected to the CC network. Replaced 2 SIM cards without improved results. CC confirmed it was not the SIM card issue. Motorola ask me to perform multiple reboots and number of other instructions that changed nothing. They asked me to return the phone to them for a replacement.

They claim that they no longer repair the defective units. They destroy them. Hence, I will receive a NEW unit after they receive my damaged phone. Received replacement unit, installed new SIM and initiated the phone as per MOTO/LENOVO instructions. As before it worked as it should for about 20 minutes. Then it returned with the same "No SIM card..." message. Upon reboot it drained the battery faster than it should. It got hot and it shut completely off by itself. I try number of things Moto recommends on their web but there was no change. It actually got worst. No phone, for 2 1/2 months. I again called Motorola support and their solution is to issue me yet another phone if I return my unit first. When I asked for a full refund they claim that they cannot do that at this time.

Since my second unit is functioning even worst than the original I am reluctant to send the phone back to them again. What am I getting? Some other customer's phone that is wiped clean and send to me with the usual unresolved issues. I say this because there are visible scratches on the second phone that I could not see on my original purchased phone. I am very disappointed with Motorola/Lenovo and according to theirs and others' web help sites, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. Moto customer service was unable to explain, or even acknowledge that they have a PROBLEM. I am now going to ask for a full refund before taking legal action against them. There are laws for this case and others. Hope Consumer Affairs will do something about this. I am not using the phone to play games, I am using it for death and life issues. T E L E P H O N E!

I bought Moto G4 Plus mobile from Amazon 5 month ago. Suddenly its vibration is off. Means phone didn't get vibrate. I went to care center. They said there is problem of motherboard. They change motherboard after 3 weeks but problem was not sorted. I again went to care center. They said "your phone will not get repaired by us." They cheat. I want to replace my phone or get repaired. Motorola service center in Sangli is very bad.

Bought an unlocked Moto Z play and discovered a crack from fingerprint reader to edge of screen. Phone was not mishandled or dropped so I believe it to be a manufacturing defect. Spent nearly an hour trying to get a customer support representative on the phone to see what my options were. Was told to expect an email that I could send pictures of the phone to for determination and never received that email. Tried going through their website and finally input my info and issue. Took nearly two weeks to get an acknowledgment for service. Sad to see the Motorola bat wings get pasted on these products since I work with their equipment as a radio technician. Will never buy another Motorola phone while Lenovo owns the manufacturing. Too bad too, the phone is a great performer and the battery life is amazing.

I have bought Motorola Nexus 6 and it is still under warranty. Battery does not last for more than 3 hours. When I pressed the volume-up button it has gone in... and unable to lift it up. When gone to the Service Centre, they are asking for 3200 Rs to repair. Really I do not know why the hell I have pay when the mobile is under warranty. Then what is the meaning of warranty? Really having bad time with Motorola again. No more Motorola. Guys don't buy Motorola... No. 1 cheating company.

I bought the MOTO X Pure phone from Motorola.com. I have had many problems and went through 3 replacement phones with the same issues. Currently I am still waiting on my 4th replacement phone, and it has been almost a month! Motorola promises 3-5 day turnaround on replacement phones. I've spent countless hours with their customer service, only to get hung up on at least twice, and my problems have never been resolved.

I've tried their customer service chat - each time I've spent on average half an hour with them. At the end of the conversation was told to call their 1800 number. I've submitted 5 messages online to their customer service - who promises a response within 24 hours. Not ONE of these messages has gained a reply. I'd never recommend this company to anyone. Save yourself countless hours of hassle and frustration and choose ANY other phone company. I haven't had a single issues with Samsung, Apple, LG or HTC.

My battery charging port on my Motorola phone stopped working. I contacted Motorola on their website. I had to send my phone to them and then they would send me a new phone OR I could pay $24.99 + tax for them to send me the new phone first. That's crazy! My phone still worked. Who can go 4 days without a phone. I called customer service. Someone who barely spoke English insisted there was nothing they could do because I chose the "premium service". Do not buy Motorola products.

I have had the phone (Moto G 4th generation) for less than a year. The port stopped charging unless I spend several minutes push the charger into the port with extra force and then I have to lay the phone down when it starts charging and not move it. I had the problems for several weeks before I had a chance to call. Unfortunately the week end before I got some time off work my niece dropped it. There is a minor crack in the glass. I am not asking to have the crack repaired I just want the phone to charge. They refused to unless I pay for the crack in the glass first. I have told them over and over that I am fine with the crack. I just want the phone to charge.

I bought a Droid Turbo 2 with Android 5.1. Some of my apps will not run on the newer version of Android so I have a screen that comes up all the time asking me to update. I can't disable the screen. The screen is dangerous because it comes up while my GPS is on while I'm driving. The screen also comes up while I'm trying to text or talk on the phone and it also comes up while I'm flying my drone causing me to lose control of my aircraft. I've talked to customer service and they say there's no way to disable this problem. Motorola refuses to help me and they just hang up when I ask them.

Moto G4 plus faulty, purchased directly from Motorola website, repaired by Motorola after 4 weeks of receiving it. Sent back with exactly the same fault. Have spent last 4 weeks proving that under the 2015 Consumer Rights act, I can request a full refund. Even sent them relevant paperwork. They have decided not to offer refund, instead they sent it to their legal department 2 weeks ago. Now they don't even bother to contact me despite 4 calls and messages to them. Today started legal proceedings against them via Small Claims Court. So much for Customer Service. Will never buy anything from Motorola again. See them in court and can claim extra expenses yes. UPDATE 7 Feb. Received email from company saying they will refund costs of phone + court costs + expenses (P&P etc.). Could so easily have been avoided, silly company.

Bought Moto G Plus 9 months ago. Suddenly started flickering automatically and is not responding for few minutes. Service center nearby says "We don't take under warranty period phones. Go to another center which is 20 km away or call customer service number." Customer Care number is full-time busy. These companies which take so much effort to sell mobiles at doorstep through Amazon, why don't they take up responsibility to deliver a durable product or at least provide adequate service centers? Fed up with Motorola experience.

Dear Supporting officers, Motog4 camera rear side was giving quality images. Service center says due to scratch. How the scratch came within 6 months as compared to my previous phones usage. Seems product design issue and the material used. LCD panel also cracked, charger was not working. After 2 hours wait at service center they replace charger. For camera issue asking 1800 rs even phones under warranty, Motorola not even ready to understand the realistic issues and not ready to fix issues. Made my life miserable. I will never recommend purchase Motorola to anyone as they have damaged good brand name. How to resolve this issue. Anyone can help.

I have bought Motorola G Turbo edition by Amazon 9 months before. After 6 months it slow charging. Full charge in 10 hours. I have visit the Motorola customer care Jaipur Rajasthan. According to them there was some problem in hardware. At that time hardware was not in stuck. Estimated time given by them 7 to 15 days. After 15 days I have collect my mobile but now again that phone was slow charging.

I have used 3 Motorola mobiles - Moto E, G and G4 plus. I have always felt that the mobile is more worth than the money paid, but once an problem occurs with the phone, then I think why I bought Motorola. The customer support are very rude arrogant and unprofessional and are never ready to help you out and just keep arguing. The service center - 0/10. I had issues with Moto E and took phone to service center, waited for a month to get it repaired. This time when I go to service center with Moto G4 plus with multiple problems, agents there are impatient to listen to the problem and act arrogantly as if they are doing a favor on us and got back my phone but the issues were still there. So advice to all of you - phone is good, but once issues occurs consider you get no or very less help from Motorola.

I brought Moto E XT1020 a one year back. When I was using mobile phone suddenly I got message of gallery has stopped then I went app manager and clear the cache of gallery application. After that I restart the phone and it could not power on. Then I went to Motorola customer care center in Karimnagar district. They examined and kept 2 days. After two days they said the phone will not work and the booting file missed and also they advised to me it will not repair anywhere in the India and it is better to buy another phone instead of repair this phone.

I have bought Motorola 4G Plus by Amazon 5 months before. After 4 months it starts shows continue charging. I have visit the Motorola customer care Sector 20 Chandigarh Rameshwari service center. According to them there was some problem in hardware. At that time hardware was not in stock. Estimated time given by them 10 days but today 22 days passed. No update by them or even they are demanding 10 days more for repair. No backup mobile is given by them and I am facing the problem last 22 days. I think it's my big mistake to choose this brand for the mobile. I am also going to the harassment cell (consumer court) for this ignorance.

I've had Moto phones for the past six years. Atrix, Atrix II, G, G3, G4 and now the Z Play. All of the phone have been excellent in battery life and functionality and I am a very heavy user. This said, I still use my G3 as a backup and recently the screen started acting up. I went online, spent less than five minutes going through their trouble shooting section, it determined it needed to be sent in.

A quick check of the IMEI showed it was still in warranty (by five months) and repairs would cost nothing. They wanted me to print out a sheet to include with the return along with a copy of the proof of purchase (bought from Newegg) and they sent me a prepaid Fedex Overnight label. I shipped it and it arrived to them the next day. I got a email late that night stating that Moto had received the device along with a link that allowed me to track the status of my repairs.

Three days later it was done, FedEx notified me with a tracking # that my phone would be arriving the following day via Standard Overnight. Once the phone arrived I checked it out, they had indeed repaired it as the IMEI & Serial #s were still the same. They had updated Android to the latest version and the documentation showed they replaced the screen (glass/digitizer/actual screen) due to "irregularities". Needless to say, the whole process from start to finish was simple and easy. Why anyone would call tech support to return a malfunctioning phone is beyond me. They have the self service tools in place online for a reason. They even offered to send a replacement phone to use at no cost while mine was being serviced, but I declined that as it is only a backup phone.

Motorola Company Profile