Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.45/5

Motorola Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I switched from my perfectly good LG V20 phone during the latter part of 2018 to the Moto Z. I chose this brand because years ago when I owned a Moto Razr flip phone which was truly great. From the start there have been issues with this phone and finally, in frustration I've decided to submit a review to warn others who may be considering purchasing this model phone. Whoever designed the phone obviously did not consider that the majority of their customers would not be techies. Why on earth do I need to insert a pin in the phone to extract the SIM card?? Why isn't there a separate port to plug in my headset? Why do I have to use an adaptor? This is just another piece of equipment for me to misplace!! Not to mention that whenever the battery dies, I will need to have it replaced by a technician as there is no way that I can open the phone and insert a new one.

Now to the operational defects. It is highly frustrating to use the phone to place calls. After keying in the number there is a long wait for the number being called to ring. Finally, when it does ring and you are engaging in conversation at some point the phone will either switch itself to mute or place you on hold without your doing so. This happens even if a Bluetooth is being used and the phone itself is not being held.

At other times the party to whom you are speaking is unable to hear you even if you can hear them. Why?…. Because all on its own the screen shifts from the phone app to some other app. It should not be that you cannot converse unless you are on the phone screen. So, if I am speaking to someone and move over to some other app, like WhatsApp messages, or my email, then the person with whom I am speaking is unable to hear me. This alone makes this phone worthless for modern day communications. After one year of use, the buttons on the side to turn the phone on and off would not work so I exchanged the phone for another one with my insurance. The replacement phone has the same shortcomings so it is definitely not the case of a defective unit. Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY the Moto Z.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I purchased a Moto E6 and after returning to where I live (not in the USA)I found that the SIM card would not be recognized. I was told this phone was unlocked and would work in any country. When I purchased the phone in a store I was encouraged to buy this Moto E6 because "it would be reliable overseas" and I was guaranteed that there would be no problem using a SiM card here. I have had nothing but problems with this phone and also with the customer support. I'm very disappointed that I purchased this phone and after a lot of hassle I have returned it. I am also very disappointed and dissatisfied in the lack of customer support that has been given to me and hope that in the future they will improve this.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

My new Motorola G7 phone rings sometimes turn do not disturb on. Whenever it wants may send a message or maybe not. I have had cell phones for a many years. This is the worst I have ever purchased for 149.00 from Metro.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My daughter had a Motorola g7. Yes had one. The battery exploded in phone catching phone on fire. Causing first degree burns to her hand. I contacted motorola and spoke to them about what happened and all I get is that they want the phone to decide if they will replace it. It takes 4 to 6 weeks for them to examine the phone. I sent them documentation to where my daughter was seen at the dr. Office. Sent them pics of phone after fire. Also sent them pics of her hand. I only expected a new phone or a different type. But all I got was nothing. So please be cautious before buying a motorola phone. There are lots of other options. I would have left zero stars if allowed. Motorola do a better job as far as taking care of your customers.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I purchased 2 new Moto G7 powers 3 months ago and still pay monthly on them. 1 was weak and the screen has literally fallen out, it's not covered in the reg warranty, can't buy one now and using the website is just a runaround of click here and there, register this, register that. There should be protections for this kind of thing within the small window in which I've owned this phone. I haven't abused it, or been hard on it at all and yet here I am paying for something I cannot use or get fixed without paying more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Motorola says they will upgrade OS to Pie if phone is purchased through Verizon. Verizon says it's Motorola's responsibility. Called Motorola and they say "Talk to Verizon". Customer is ALWAYS screwed!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I dread turning on this phone because there are always 20 to 26 updates that need to be made every time I turn it on. It is never endless and it is a pain the butt. So I turned it off forever. I have accomplished what I needed to do and now use it as a doorstop.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Called tech center I am retired. No credit card. All I ask is for them to send me another new phone and I would send back the bad cellphone I purchased 2 months ago. It shuts off and reboots 2 times a day and it freezes. Every company that I had problems with their phones have sent me a new one and I returned bad one. I love this phone but after this no more Motorola. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

My phone has led burn for the second time. There phones are shotty at best. They only give options to lose your phone for 10 days or have to redo a new one with a deposit that most people don't get back even after a fight. They need more options for their crappy phones.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have had Apple products for over 15 years. I decided to try the Moto G7 Power for its battery life and price. I have had the phone for 2 weeks. I dropped it today from about 3 feet. The screen cracked badly. I've never cracked a screen on the various Apple products that I have owned. They may offer nice battery life and a low price, but the Moto G7 Power is not very robust. Avoid this product, repair will cost 1/2 the original price of the phone.

Motorola Company Information