2.45/5
Based on 68 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Motorola

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 14, 2018

339 Motorola Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I bought a Motorola Force 2 with the free projector with it. I was called quite a few times and emailed. I Never did get my Projector and the phone doesn't even compare to Samsung which I normally prefer. The Motorola service sucks. I am not impressed At all.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

On December 11, 2017, I bought the Moto Z2 after shopping around because they offered the projector mod for free. I was supposed to receive it in 4-6 weeks. Since then, I have exchanged seven email chains and had several long painful phone calls with Motorola's customer service. I got the AT&T store where I bought the phone to contact them. Motorola said they never got the first receipt, then they couldn't read the one I sent, then I went to the store and watched the guy send all the information requested. Again, Motorola said that they didn't receive it.

After all this hassle, they sent me an email which I had to add information to and forward back to them. I was promised the projector would be sent in 48 hours. The last email I got said they were starting the process over and I could expect the mod in 4 to 6 weeks. I'm convinced at this point they make this offer to get you to buy the phone but hope people will get frustrated and give up before they get the free mod. I feel conned. I'll never deal with this company again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I ordered a new Motorola Z 2 Force edition phone for SPRINT for my boyfriend for Christmas. I am a full time college student and when I saw that the discount did not get applied to my order I called into their sales support and asked for the change to include the discount. While on the phone with me they re-did the order and placed an order for the wrong phone. We had a delayed Christmas due to children at other parents houses. When the phone was opened it came on and showed VERIZON on the handset. You can imagine my horror of a gift given that could not be used. I paid with my bank card since I choose to NOT use credit cards and they don't take PayPal for payments. I called Motorola and went through 2 steps of customers reps to get a supervisor and ask for a refund and a label to return etc... She gladly helped me and gave me a Motorola internal reference number for the conversation as well as her name etc.

She indicated I would get a refund email within 24 hours so I could turn around and purchase the correct handset and get that on its way to my boyfriend whose Christmas present was less than amazing as I had hoped it would be. I have now waited 72 hours and I still don't have the email and after speaking to three levels of customer service with all the tracking number and proof the handset is in transit back to Motorola (which the rep told me 72 hours ago that she would issue an immediate refund so I could make this right for the Christmas present that went so wrong).

So now 72 hours later there is a tracking number and Motorola still is refusing to issue the refund until it is actually received, NOT AT ALL WHAT WAS AGREED UPON - and I have an internal reference number from the supervisor who was assisting - where she gave me her name to call if I had any issues - and she would come on the phone if she was in - so any of the employees can see her notes... Now MOTOROLA is NOT going to back up what the employee said they would do - to make it right by the customer - when an intended gift went so wrong - and it was the fault of the Motorola rep who re-ordered my phone as a gift the second time around.

If I had made the mistake I would not have asked for any special treatment, however with this being a Christmas gift - gone horribly wrong - and then the first time I spoke to a rep at Motorola I had to help them find my phone as they said it was a VERIZON ONLY phone - that there was not a Sprint capable handset!!! The rep made the same mistake that the rep or re-ordered the phone made when they placed the order for the Christmas gift. This is why the supervisor who helped me 72 hours ago agreed to issue the refund immediately so I could get the new phone ordered. She was trying do the right thing by a customer who had a gift gone horribly wrong. Buyer beware - Motorola will not do anything to back up an employee of theirs trying to do the right thing for a customer order they screwed up as a Christmas gift. I am horrified. If this was for me - no big deal - this was a Christmas gift.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Purchased a brand new Moto G(4). Not even three month old the battery stopped holding charge. I setup warranty repair online. They sent me used phone (mine was just two month old!) and few days later I discovered that it has same problem if not worse. I contacted the escalations department but they pretty much told me to go fly kite. This company is the worse. Nobody should be buying their products.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I just bought a Moto Z Play and Hasselblad lens from the company website. No complaints about the equipment, but I also ordered a case which was not delivered. Submitted complaint on the website, got a response that I should submit a complaint on the website! Called the phone # instead and they sent me to UPS! (I don't think it's a UPS problem as I received the package, but one item was not packed.) Went back to online agent and pointed out they were sending me in circles. They asked me to submit the info again directly to them.

Two days later (on a Sunday) I got an email that said since they hadn't heard from me, they were calling the problem "solved". I replied to the email providing the correspondence history and saying the problem was NOT solved. I received an immediate bounce back message saying they didn't recognize my email (The same one they just sent to)! Went into my account and reset email. Same result. This is all about a $20 item. If they can't solve the problem, I'd just write it off to bad luck, but I don't like being jacked around in circles. I've already spent more than $20 worth of time on this. This is among the worst customer experiences I've had. Motorola's got a serious, serious problem here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I feel like they doing the same as Apple iPhones. I can charge my Motorola Droid X phone battery all night & get up to 100%. Within 3 hours my phone turns off. Sometimes it shows 50% battery even 90% it will turn off & has to be charged again before it will even turn back on. I have used their FLASH APP. Bought a new VERIZON Charger. Still same crap. OH they off a ADD on Battery but VERIZON STORES dont have them & even Motorola Store shows out of stock! Flee Bay has them for just under $90.00. This is crazy. I dont even have the phone paid for & it's JUNK. I hope that there are more people out there on these forums that are will to draw a class action lawsuit against Verizon & Motorola. IF you Read this Please text me & us. Stand up for a product thats junk. I am ready to bring action. If they cant replace their JUNK free it's useless to have a phone that wont hold a charge 5 hours & it's sitting doing nothing.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have a Moto Z phone that is supposed to be under warranty. It had some issues and I've explained that I have to use the phone for work. I need to get numbers off of it, destinations, and anything else that may come up including needing the reliability of the phone to be on when I need it, however due to the issues I have in a short amount of time I've had it. The phone is still under warranty but for that warranty to be honored they want me to either pay almost $500 to get my phone replaced and wait for the refund once the transaction is complete with the phones or go quite a while without a phone while I wait for my phone to go to them and then within 4 business days they will ship a return phone. That kind of warranty is garbage no matter how anybody looks at it. We buy these phones because we need them and mine being only a few months old is worthless.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Was the ones I really liked when I bought our TVs. DVD/CD player built in, has beautiful color and great picture. Couldn't find a better brand in my price range.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have got Motorola Atrix from AT&T in 2011. There was a Liquid Damage. They told me that they no longer support the model. So, I have to pay for replacement device (Moto 2nd Gen). Screen was broken. So, I had sent it back. I paid for replacement. They sent me broken one which has this signal dropping issue. So, I have called them. They sent another replacement for the replaced one.

New one was also having the same issue. The process was so problematic that I was done with it. I had to be on call every day for the same issue like 4 hrs. I had to tell the story then they will connect me to different agent. Then that guy asks the same questions. I had to explain and then again they sent to another one. I had to explain the same. This was going on and on. So, I just fed up and asked my money back which I have paid for this first replacement device. They say the they are not giving refunds.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Recently bought the Motorola Z2 2 months ago. It's supposed to be indestructible. The guy when we bought it was throwing it at the brick wall inside the store so showing as it would not break. My screen broke. I took it back up to the store. He was in there again throwing the same phone up against the brick wall in his never broke but when mine fell out of my pocket it broke. They won't return and refund my money. They will not fix the device and I ended up having to pay $150 to have a new phone shipped to me and the phone is supposed to be indestructible. I think they better look up indestructible and see what that means before they put that on their program and not honor it. I would give it zero Stars if it would let you. Do not buy this product Bo Fair aware.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I called to ask about notification "chirp" when Moto Voice is activated by the code word to let you know to continue. The rep thru broken English kept telling me to look at the microphone on my phone. I tried with no luck to explain to him that Moto Voice is for hands free - he never understood what I was trying to say. I then asked him how to assign a ring tone to group contacts which also got me nowhere. So I called back and asked to speak with someone in customer service - I was transferred and after 20 minutes of the phone ringing, hung up only to call back again. This time I asked for someone in the US but was informed there was no one. I have had Motorola phones for a while but their Customer Service is getting worse not better. Maybe time to change.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Been having hardware issues with my phone but they do not help at all. I explained the issues were hardware related and the lady simply pawned me off on my service provider... She could have helped she said... but felt it really should be brought up to my provider. I explained I have had been talking with them for 3 days and she remained unhelpful. I understand if I was not a customer... but I OWN a MOTOROLA. It will be my last though. I get frustrated when companies do not stand behind their products.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I bought a brand new Moto E4 Plus, end of September 2017. The "fingerprint sensor" stopped working THREE WEEKS later. I didn't buy a Motorola phone to last only 3 weeks, and I'm considering filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Most of the phones I have owned have been Motorola brand. They have developed a good balance between quality, features, and cost. I bought my current phone, Turbo 2, because of the build and in particular, the shatter resistant screen. Their website is clean and easy to navigate. The customizations available on their site are a plus as well. When I've had questions submitted through their site, they have been quick to respond, friendly, and professional. I am well pleased with the company and their products.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Motorola Moto G 2nd Generation has been a reliable partner; never had a problem. For basic tasks, it's very good. No means to install a memory card and camera resolution could be better, but for a sub-$200 phone, it’s not bad.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The phone has been durable, good battery life, and very minimal upkeep. Screen size is very good and very adaptable if you have poor vision. Also very easy to use.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I purchased the phone 8 months ago and about 6 months in, I have gotten the red and black stripes. Many hours of customer service and a phone rest and still no fix. Long time MOTO user but will be switching soon.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Was a great value for the money. Battery life an improvement over my previous phone and 8 MP camera takes great photos. Android Auto can be sketchy though.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

This is a good phone and I especially like the fast charge capability. However, after about 7 months, the battery loses its initial charge much more quickly.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My Moto Droid Maxx 2 is reliable and the battery lasts for 2 days of regular use. Also, the 16 mp camera takes excellent photos but the only drawback is that it is available with only 16 gb.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The cell phone was purchased (Moto G4 Plus) on 6th Oct,16. Twice its motherboard got replaced and 3rd time again its screen got off. Within month service period it was with service center in 2 month, still don't know when it will be given back to me 3rd time. Also the behaviors and response of service center and customer support is horrible. They do divert the issue each other. I specifically told them that it seems manufacturing defect therefore better to replace it but nobody listening my voice and I am afraid because on 6th oct,17 the warranty period will be expired then service center will provide paid service whereas the set is problematic since beginning. Need justification i.e replacement of same value set or higher value. The difference amount will be paid by me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My Motorola Droid Turbo 2 is a good cell phone. I like the cell but battery does not last a full day and I have only a few things running.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I have the Moto G4 Plus and it is all the phone I need. It is rugged, a good size that is easy to handle in most conditions. It does not have all the features some may want, but overall is an excellent value.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I bought a Moto E off Amazon for $20.00 and it is great and I love it. Use it on TracFone and since it's a Verizon, it pick up out here in the woods.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The Motorola Droid Z has a very good low-light camera & excellent battery life. The available modes are fun and functional but I hope to see additional options soon.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I'm searching for info about my Moto e4's problems only to find the same problems on model after model of Motorola phones. It just decided to hate my sd card outta nowhere so I've had to go back to my LG stylo 3 and I hate LG even more, my two Moto g's neither of their home buttons work to this day. Years and years for a chance to patch it but they've never patched their old phones and the new ones have the same problems, at least when I get my own company going I have literally no competition for the market looking for quality products the fact this company and LG get to exist. Just yuck for real. Yuck.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My friend bought me a Moto phone. It worked great for a week. Then it started draining power when I went to charge it. I read on the internet you have to hold the power and volume buttons down at the same time to reboot the phone. I did that and the phone charged up to 87% for a minute and then dropped to 22%. This phone is a POS **. I read years ago that a police department was having problems with their Motorola receivers. Sprint should not be selling these phones.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I fell for the Moto Z Force Droid with the hopes of all of the "Mods" that were coming. Well that fell through but I ended up with a great phone that has held up to the water, snow, and night in the refrigerator. The camera has excellent resolution almost as good as my Canon and sharing pics is a breeze. The Z Force stands up to numerous Apps running at the same time with no noticeable slow downs. But, there is always the but, the battery is horrible. It drains in less than 3 hours. The phone does have the rapid charge and will be fully charged in 15 minutes as long as I take my charger. This phone takes a USB-C charger which is the same port as is used for earphones. I finally gave in and bought bluetooth earphones so I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle. Overall it is a great phone and does mostly what is promised. I would take this phone over an iPhone any day of the week. It is a good investment.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

This Moto G came with 8 GB memory. I have increased its Memory with a 32 GB microchip and it works great. Other than having some small issues with the touch screen, everything is good.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

It's overloaded with google apps when purchased. It's difficult to upload photos to PC and it disconnects from wifi and reconnects very very frequently. The size is good and sturdy case without protection though.

Motorola Company Information

www.motorola.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use