2.52/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

331 Motorola Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have got Motorola Atrix from AT&T in 2011. There was a Liquid Damage. They told me that they no longer support the model. So, I have to pay for replacement device (Moto 2nd Gen). Screen was broken. So, I had sent it back. I paid for replacement. They sent me broken one which has this signal dropping issue. So, I have called them. They sent another replacement for the replaced one.

New one was also having the same issue. The process was so problematic that I was done with it. I had to be on call every day for the same issue like 4 hrs. I had to tell the story then they will connect me to different agent. Then that guy asks the same questions. I had to explain and then again they sent to another one. I had to explain the same. This was going on and on. So, I just fed up and asked my money back which I have paid for this first replacement device. They say the they are not giving refunds.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Recently bought the Motorola Z2 2 months ago. It's supposed to be indestructible. The guy when we bought it was throwing it at the brick wall inside the store so showing as it would not break. My screen broke. I took it back up to the store. He was in there again throwing the same phone up against the brick wall in his never broke but when mine fell out of my pocket it broke. They won't return and refund my money. They will not fix the device and I ended up having to pay $150 to have a new phone shipped to me and the phone is supposed to be indestructible. I think they better look up indestructible and see what that means before they put that on their program and not honor it. I would give it zero Stars if it would let you. Do not buy this product Bo Fair aware.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I called to ask about notification "chirp" when Moto Voice is activated by the code word to let you know to continue. The rep thru broken English kept telling me to look at the microphone on my phone. I tried with no luck to explain to him that Moto Voice is for hands free - he never understood what I was trying to say. I then asked him how to assign a ring tone to group contacts which also got me nowhere. So I called back and asked to speak with someone in customer service - I was transferred and after 20 minutes of the phone ringing, hung up only to call back again. This time I asked for someone in the US but was informed there was no one. I have had Motorola phones for a while but their Customer Service is getting worse not better. Maybe time to change.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Been having hardware issues with my phone but they do not help at all. I explained the issues were hardware related and the lady simply pawned me off on my service provider... She could have helped she said... but felt it really should be brought up to my provider. I explained I have had been talking with them for 3 days and she remained unhelpful. I understand if I was not a customer... but I OWN a MOTOROLA. It will be my last though. I get frustrated when companies do not stand behind their products.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I bought a brand new Moto E4 Plus, end of September 2017. The "fingerprint sensor" stopped working THREE WEEKS later. I didn't buy a Motorola phone to last only 3 weeks, and I'm considering filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Most of the phones I have owned have been Motorola brand. They have developed a good balance between quality, features, and cost. I bought my current phone, Turbo 2, because of the build and in particular, the shatter resistant screen. Their website is clean and easy to navigate. The customizations available on their site are a plus as well. When I've had questions submitted through their site, they have been quick to respond, friendly, and professional. I am well pleased with the company and their products.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Motorola Moto G 2nd Generation has been a reliable partner; never had a problem. For basic tasks, it's very good. No means to install a memory card and camera resolution could be better, but for a sub-$200 phone, it’s not bad.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The phone has been durable, good battery life, and very minimal upkeep. Screen size is very good and very adaptable if you have poor vision. Also very easy to use.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I purchased the phone 8 months ago and about 6 months in, I have gotten the red and black stripes. Many hours of customer service and a phone rest and still no fix. Long time MOTO user but will be switching soon.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Was a great value for the money. Battery life an improvement over my previous phone and 8 MP camera takes great photos. Android Auto can be sketchy though.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

This is a good phone and I especially like the fast charge capability. However, after about 7 months, the battery loses its initial charge much more quickly.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My Moto Droid Maxx 2 is reliable and the battery lasts for 2 days of regular use. Also, the 16 mp camera takes excellent photos but the only drawback is that it is available with only 16 gb.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The cell phone was purchased (Moto G4 Plus) on 6th Oct,16. Twice its motherboard got replaced and 3rd time again its screen got off. Within month service period it was with service center in 2 month, still don't know when it will be given back to me 3rd time. Also the behaviors and response of service center and customer support is horrible. They do divert the issue each other. I specifically told them that it seems manufacturing defect therefore better to replace it but nobody listening my voice and I am afraid because on 6th oct,17 the warranty period will be expired then service center will provide paid service whereas the set is problematic since beginning. Need justification i.e replacement of same value set or higher value. The difference amount will be paid by me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My Motorola Droid Turbo 2 is a good cell phone. I like the cell but battery does not last a full day and I have only a few things running.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I have the Moto G4 Plus and it is all the phone I need. It is rugged, a good size that is easy to handle in most conditions. It does not have all the features some may want, but overall is an excellent value.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I bought a Moto E off Amazon for $20.00 and it is great and I love it. Use it on TracFone and since it's a Verizon, it pick up out here in the woods.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The Motorola Droid Z has a very good low-light camera & excellent battery life. The available modes are fun and functional but I hope to see additional options soon.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I'm searching for info about my Moto e4's problems only to find the same problems on model after model of Motorola phones. It just decided to hate my sd card outta nowhere so I've had to go back to my LG stylo 3 and I hate LG even more, my two Moto g's neither of their home buttons work to this day. Years and years for a chance to patch it but they've never patched their old phones and the new ones have the same problems, at least when I get my own company going I have literally no competition for the market looking for quality products the fact this company and LG get to exist. Just yuck for real. Yuck.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My friend bought me a Moto phone. It worked great for a week. Then it started draining power when I went to charge it. I read on the internet you have to hold the power and volume buttons down at the same time to reboot the phone. I did that and the phone charged up to 87% for a minute and then dropped to 22%. This phone is a POS **. I read years ago that a police department was having problems with their Motorola receivers. Sprint should not be selling these phones.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I fell for the Moto Z Force Droid with the hopes of all of the "Mods" that were coming. Well that fell through but I ended up with a great phone that has held up to the water, snow, and night in the refrigerator. The camera has excellent resolution almost as good as my Canon and sharing pics is a breeze. The Z Force stands up to numerous Apps running at the same time with no noticeable slow downs. But, there is always the but, the battery is horrible. It drains in less than 3 hours. The phone does have the rapid charge and will be fully charged in 15 minutes as long as I take my charger. This phone takes a USB-C charger which is the same port as is used for earphones. I finally gave in and bought bluetooth earphones so I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle. Overall it is a great phone and does mostly what is promised. I would take this phone over an iPhone any day of the week. It is a good investment.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

This Moto G came with 8 GB memory. I have increased its Memory with a 32 GB microchip and it works great. Other than having some small issues with the touch screen, everything is good.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

It's overloaded with google apps when purchased. It's difficult to upload photos to PC and it disconnects from wifi and reconnects very very frequently. The size is good and sturdy case without protection though.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Bought Moto G5 Plus to replace Nexus 5; good phone for the low price. The Moto overlay is not overly intrusive and is very close to stock Android. Unfortunately, Lenovo's reputation for updates is quite bad.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I had a Samsung Note 4 that I loved until its last update that destroyed my phone, lost everything. Now Moto Z is pretty good although some features are not on it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

The "shatterproof" Moto Z shattered after 10 months only and trying to get the replaced/repaired in a timely manner is a horrible experience. 1st there is not a Motorola store where you can actually GO and they can take care of you there, you MUST call one of their hundreds of 1-800 numbers and they ALL go to the PHILIPPINES. I want someone who I understand, who can help me with the product they sell to the USA. I don't want to speak with someone who is reading off a script and who LITERALLY will not do anything to help. This will be our LAST Motorola purchase... OF ANY KIND... EVER.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Motorola blur phone ok for normal use. Most apps will not work with this phone. It is a android. Even androids app have a hard time finding one work. If you need more than a basic phone this will not work but good price.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I own a MotoG5 Plus and my overall experience with the phone is average. The phone is functional with some nice features like the fingerprint scanner and a pretty nice camera. However, I find it can be a bit buggy at times, with apps that require an uninstall/reinstall or a hard restart, and the speakers are pretty quiet and low quality. The phone doesn't feel as high-end as its ubiquitous but more expensive rivals, and it also lacks the range of higher quality accessories that are available for other brand names. Overall, a good phone at a good price. I saved $500, but I still wish I'd bought an iPhone.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

This is a middle of the road phone with limited bells and whistles. The battery lasted about half a day if you don't use it much. There are better phones but for much more money.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I had an iPhone but Apple products are no longer intuitive! I saved money and a lot of hassle buying a Moto 4g. It's easy to use, has a great camera and does everything I want for less money.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

The Motorola DROID MAXX was a great phone for two years. After that, keep getting software crashes and lockups. Battery life is down but to be expected.

Motorola Company Information