1.83/5

378 Motorola Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have a G4 (5" screen) and am very happy with it. It's not the most expensive, but provides everything I need: text, emails, internet, camera. I've had this model for two years and have had no problems.

Original review: March 16, 2019

The battery lasts for 13 hours at first and after having my Motorola for a couple of years, the battery lasts around 5-6 hours before needing a 30 minute charge. I have too much on my phone and the apps use a lot of power. I love Motorola. For 20% of the cost of Samsung then you can have a phone just as good.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Hello Executive. This is in reference to my MOTO G cell phone, which I have purchased on 6th August 2014. I have been using the phone since four and half years. The phone has been used with multiple Apps and the performance and battery back up after so many years of use is exceptional. I am quite satisfied with the overall performance of the device and believe that such reliable operation is a result of sheer engineering and MOTOROLA's commitment to delivering QUALITY products to consumers. Would humbly offer to submit my feedback as a testimonial input from a customer, to one of the most reputed brands in India. Just wondering if MOTOROLA, offer some PERKS/BENEFITS to the privileged customers who have been associated with MOTOROLA for such a long duration. Looking forward for a favorable reply soon. Cheers!!!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have bought Moto One Power. Everything is good in this mobile but some flaws like it does have 1 gaming mode: it's a mode in which it silents all the calls and notifications... I tried it by doing it with "Do not Disturb" mode but it didn't working. And thank for giving the face unlock feature in your recent update. Hope you will consider my request and will bring it in next update. Thank you. Overall a very good mobile for camera and features of Android One.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Motorola E4 Plus Cellphone - On 27th July 2018, around 3.30 PM I handed over the defective set to the Motorola Service Centre - Hara Agency, Bhubaneswar. Concerned person of the Service Centre has mentioned in the service order that the set is out of warranty. I then handed over a copy of the purchase invoice of Amazon bearing invoice no. **, invoice details ** dated 31.01.2018. The product was sold by Eastern Logica Infoway Ltd., Plot no. 33, Block A Cooperative Industrial Estate, New Delhi - 110044. She assured me that, "We will email to the Motorola Company and after receipt of confirmation we will solve the problem." On 30th July 2018, when I approached the service center, they returned back my defective set and told that Motorola has replied that this is a second sale and no warranty is available on this set. I was told to contact Amazon in this issue. Request to assist me in this regard for getting repaired the handset.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

Original review: June 11, 2019

Purchased a Moto 5 in February. One month later the text notification sound began working on and off. Contacted the company and they took command of the phone several times to try to fix it and was finally told that they were going to have to replace the phone, but I must pay for all shipping and handling (to and from), and pay a replacement fee. The total was almost as much as I paid for the phone! I'm trying to save up enough money to buy a new phone and in the meantime, I'm just dealing with the no text sounds. However, just two weeks ago, the phone decided to not let me send or receive photos. I'm done with Moto and I'm letting everyone know about my experience.

Original review: May 2, 2019

The phone has a serious screen problem. I upgraded 6 months ago, paid $800 and I am on the third one as they have been poorly built and they will not support it. The screen warp and peel off. It is a serious design flaw that they took money for and did not advertise the problem. They will not stand behind the product. A class action suit needs to be filed to remedy the problem and refund everyone that has been taken advantage of. You can't deliberately sell faulty equipment and not support it. That's fraud!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Do not buy anything from Motorola!! Their baby monitor is supposed to set up and pair with its parent device upon removing from the box. The one I bought did not. After many attempts I finally contacted customer service who initially asked me to do the same troubleshooting I had already done. This was after waiting a week for a response by the way. After explaining my frustrations and asking for a return, they explained to me they won't accept returns for a product that can be fixed and proceeded to send me a barrage of technical questions I couldn't even answer. I told them to close my case and I am now out $150 because of their poor service and/or product. I repeat - do not buy from Motorola!!!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I bought Moto One Power just a week before but I visited the Moto care twice... I have never used any smartphone before of such inferior quality.... The camera quality is very poor even it takes so many time for focusing... Also going to hang every time. The network quality is poor even not got voice while having full signal bars... I have asked same to the dealer where I have purchased this phone he told, "We can't do anything as Moto having no good quality..." It is very hectic now for me to operate this phone. I don't know is it manufacturing defect or having any serious problem with its operating systems. Recommended to every please don't have this smartphone. It is very very poor quality phone. And also want to Moto authority to check exact issue with my phone. You people can't ignore your customers after sales.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I bought this Moto G5S Plus. Since the day I purchased some or the other issue is going on.

1. If the battery dies and you don't have access to the Moto charger this phone cannot be revived later. Either you shut it off before it dies and charges and use it. So doesn't support you for those difficult days.
2. You cannot put a cover to the phone as the switch buttons are so good on slightest touch can restart the phone multiple times.
3. The software has for sure a glitch which automatically puts you on do not disturb mode. And you end up missing important calls.
4. The very latest which I am experiencing now when calls come in doesn't show on screen until you unlock your phone.

5. Bluetooth doesn't work. Have tried H800 headset and many others but doesn't detect Bluetooth.

Buying Moto is easy and calling customer services every now and then is difficult. Plus they don't have a solution on the phone. I have replaced my phone twice still have the same issue. Then they also charge you the shipping fee. You can say I bought 1 phone but have tested 3 product unit and all had issues.

Original review: March 18, 2019

This is a replacement phone for first one purchased. I dropped the first cell about 8 inches on to my desktop several weeks after I purchased it, the screen shattered. I learned that the durability of this particular phone was poor. The insurance plan only covered a portion of the replacement. Then I was told I should have purchased a protective case which I did after learning the hard way. Major complaint is that on my particular Android, I cannot block scam/nuisance calls. Went to Verizon and after tech looked at phone, I was told this feature is not on my particular cell. I would have thought this would be a standard feature.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I purchased a Motorola Z3 Play on February 4th. About a month after I purchased the phone I went to set my alarms for the next morning and it wasn't allowing me to change the time. I tried to reboot the phone and that is when I realized that parts of the screen were simply not acknowledging my touch. I couldn't even power the phone down because it would ask "Power off or Restart?" and I wasn't able to make a selection. The next morning there was a strip down the right side of the screen that was just black. It was no longer recognizing any touch input. I contacted Motorola by email. I explained what was happening and expressed that I need my phone for work.

Late the next day they replied with a list of troubleshooting suggestions that made it clear that they hadn't actually read the first email. None of those options were possible. I couldn't even boot it in safe mode. Nothing. By this time the screen was 1/2-3/4 black. I explained that I wanted to exchange the phone. The phone was in a Defender type case, had not been dropped, had not been exposed to water. No damage at all...it just didn't work.

They eventually (several emails and a few days later) stated that I had two options: I could return the phone and they would have a team examine it and, if it was found to be defective, then they would send out a new one OR I could pay a total of $224.95 and they would send me a replacement and I could return my phone after I got it. So, it is a $24.95 "Premium service fee" plus a deposit of $200 ...just in case I failed to return my defective phone. Thank goodness I had an old phone I could use in the meantime! The phone I am using now is very old and horribly slow and outdated, but functions to receive the security call I need to answer each day for work.

What if I hadn't?? They just expected me to go without a phone for however long it takes them to decide if I can have a new phone?? I am nervous about this as I don't know that I trust them to even be honest enough to send a new phone. Once they have my defective phone I have no evidence to use if this goes to court other than the emails and my word that the phone wasn't damaged. I am VERY disappointed with the quality of the product, but more so by the awful response!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I like this blue Moto E5 Plus. The bat is amazing. The phone is great but it shuts off and on a lot. That sucks and now I would not buy another. Sorry it’s a great but the rebooting is annoying. Please fix this bug or make an app.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I ordered a battery pack Moto Mod on 2/11/19, and the receipts show that the device itself was priced at $49.99, $5.40 in shipping, and $4 in tax, for a total of $59.39. However, I have been charged $64.39. I have spent 3 days going back and forth with Joyce at Motorola Customer Care. Initially, she told me that, and I quote, "I am sorry for the inconvenience happened. I understand that you are asking additional $5 for the device you purchase. As per checking on our Order team it for the Total Tax$4.40, Total Shipping $5.00. " I responded to her, stating, "I'm sorry, this does not suffice my query. The original price of the battery pack should have been $49.99, shipping cost of $5.40, and tax of $4. This equals $59.49. Why was I charged an additional $5? ".

The response I got was as follows: "Greetings! Thank you for your response. Here's the link that you can check for more details. Please click the link below.

**. We hope that you find this information useful and we look forward to assisting you in the future. Thank you for choosing Motorola and have a good day!" I was given no explanation as to what the heck had happened.

On 2/14/19, I decided to reach out to Customer Care via the chat option and was connected with Maricar. She was very helpful, and was able to tell me that the additional $5 was an authorization hold, which would be refunded once the Moto Mod was delivered. 15 minutes with Maricar was all it took to get an answer. If I could have escalated and complained to Joyce's superior, I would have, although I'm not sure it would've made any difference. Nice to know that Motorola likes to throw their legal jargon in your face when all you want is to understand a billing question. I am incredibly grateful to Maricar, and I've had nothing but good experiences with my Moto Z2 Force, but am so deeply disappointed by my experience with Joyce.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My family loves Motorola products because of their durability and easy use. However, they do break. Motorola offers a limited warranty service for these situations. This is not the first time but you can guarantee it WILL BE the last time we use Motorola products because of the warranty service. In previous times we have sent in devices only to receive them unrefurbished with the same issues. We have sent them back only to discover that they were a few days (shipping time) out of warranty and wouldn't be serviced. This time was the last straw. I called Motorola to submit a repair request. We confirmed my number, phone, etc and then I sent it out (after having to request a new shipping label because Motorola sent me an invalid one).

A few days later I received a call telling me that the device that they received was not the correct one and was not within the warranty time frame. This was the ONLY device of that type that we had purchased and it was the only possible device that would be registered under my number! I tried to explain this to the customer care representative to try and figure out why the number they had for my device was different. They were no help in that department and told me if I wanted to pay for a new phone then I could. I even asked them just to double check the number to make sure they didn't make a mistake and he refused. However this was obviously not what I wanted to do seeming as I sent the phone in to be repaired.

The most irritating part was I asked for confirmation that the device was under warranty 3 times before I sent it because I didn't want to pay the $20 shipping if it was just going to be sent back. Every time I asked, the representative assured me that it was and confirmed the type of device I had. I now have paid $20 shipping to receive my broken phone back once again! I would be more understanding if these situations hadn't happened multiple times before and if there was any possible way that I had sent them the wrong device. I am beyond disappointed with Motorola and can assure you I will NEVER use their products or company willingly again!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Motorola phone work fine for few months after the phone was charging slow and getting hot. I called them no problem you have one year warranty so I put deposit money so they send me another and I send them the bad one. Here come the problem. I was fortunate to have another line or phone so I did not care for the days 8 without a Motorola phone. It happen again with the second phone Motorola send me so I ask what happened is bad again so this time I do not have a second line or phone. I do not have a phone now 8 days. I do not think is right in 5 months 3 phones and Sprint do not help. I DO NOT HAVE A PHONE now my work bank my customer etc. Help.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We purchased our Moto cell phones from Verizon about 18 mos ago. Just two weeks ago my phone developed the issue of freezing up and then rebooting every few minutes. Verizon knows about the Android issue and is waiting for an upgrade. They reset my phone to the defaults but this did not work. I called Motorola support and they informed me that my phone will no longer get any more updates. So basically, they have decided to no longer work with Google to create updates for the phone. Since most Verizon packages have a two year payment plan, I am paying for a phone that is obsolete. I will not buy a Motorola phone in the future. Samsung or Apple have a better lifespan.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Sir Moto smartphones c2 plus not working properly. We purchased more than 10 nos to our family and friends. Service is very poor. Only one year correctly working so guide to redressal of my experience.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I won't even give it 1 star. Don't buy Motorola HP ever ever again. Period. They failed miserably in their HP technology. I have one brand new MotoZ2 Force bought 16th March 2018. The connections of wifi & internet do not connect well at all. Went to their unfriendly repair shop 3 times & uncounted visit. Still the same problem. Had a new HP changed, same issues. I told them even they changed a new HP, it won't work because it's their antenna issue but they refused to acknowledge. Paid SGD699 & it's a white elephant now. Issues: 1) HP auto reboot intermittent. 2) Unable to connect to wifi intermittent. 3) Unable to connect to mobile data intermittent. 4) HP hang intermittent. 5) Cannot received Incoming call intermittent, sometimes don't even ring.

Actually it was a failed set in the beginning, we didn't recognize the above issues until 2 months later. Wrote to regional Motorola customer service. They robotly responded and stop after a couple of replies, they went dead too like their HP. Very sad for Motorola. Please don't own one. I went to HP recon shop, they said nobody wants this brand even my set is very new & still under warranty.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

"One or more items in your order have been canceled. Please check the Order Status for more information. If you didn't request a cancellation, or feel this cancellation is in error, please contact Customer Support". This is what I receive after placing an order, after reaching out to customer service, they didnt have any answer and mentioned that I will receive a call why it was cancelled, what a crap, no explanation at all and someone would call me in 24 hours to explain the reason. Well, it's 48 hours, no call yet to explain. With such a crappy service, I think it's time to say Good Bye to Moto brand!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We got the phone through TracFone. It seemed like a good phone. My husband was setting it up and playing with the apps. The system requested to update it so he allowed it to even though it was new right out of the box. After he said ok that was the last time it booted up. I went online and researched a fix and followed several hundred fixes which didn't work. The system was designed like an archaic computer system that you have to put in safe mode to fix and if it had fixed it well that would have satisfied us. But after way too many attempts and workarounds to get it booted I packaged it up and told my husband it's going back. I'm not even going To bother anymore with it. If it's stuck on stupid from the first day what is it going to be like once data has been stored on it and it can't be recovered.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Battery shuts at random % levels, calls ring at times and don't same for text buzz, texts not sent, random shuts and restarts, popup out of Data range like to place a WiFi call? NO, it's the same location for 5 years, echoing calls hearing myself, days with no service till a reboot and some I've most likely forgotten. Soft boot doesn't fix it, tweaks do not and no new update fixes means look for a new company brand to buy. Hard boot means miss anything and it's lost, not ready to do that yet. Very disappointing phone-company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I purchased unlocked Moto G5S online at Moto.com. Within 3 weeks I had a lot of problems with phone including not able to power up, unusable. Called customer service. I paid $25 for replacement. Within 2 weeks same problems. Returned 2nd phone, spoke with technician, begged him to be sure phone worked before I received 3RD PHONE. I was completely fed up at this point. I received 3rd phone. Again had same problems. I called demanding full refund because 3 phones within first 3 months of purchased. Answer, "Sorry. No refund," with the additions cost of activation fees with my carrier and return shipping cost. The most horrible experience and lost a lot of money for 3 phones that never worked. I WILL NEVER BUY A MOTOROLA PHONE AGAIN! THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, WORST THAN cable companies.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

They should call it a Google Phone. Every app on my phone goes thru Google first. First off the camera is so complicated and loaded down with fluff, Google Drive, Facebook and all the other Google apps are pre installed using most of my memory before it comes out of the box.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Sim slot of Moto G5 Plus stopped working. So I took it to service centre but they refused to cover it under warranty. These Motorola and Lenovo are the real cheater company. Please don't buy any Motorola and Lenovo product. I tried to complain but none of its customer care number are working. These big companies just want to earn money by fooling people. Please don't buy product of these companies.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I'm update my G5s plus mobile yesterday in version 8.1 Oreo. But since battery life is very bad and poor. High percentage of battery drainage. And loudspeaker quality in Oreo update is so bad. The song does not play well. So please improve your software and new update send me again early.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I purchased a Moto Z Play almost 2 years ago along with a speaker Mod and the glass screen has bowed and is coming off on both sides. I tried to get Motorola to help in some way but they insisted that I pay $125.00 Out of warranty fee/repair fee. Why would I pay to have a defective phone fixed? This phone should not have done this. I have a 5 year old LG that is in perfect condition. Now I can't use the phone or the Mod. I asked Motorola to at least refund me the cost of the Mod but they said no. Don't buy Motorola. This was the first and will be the absolute last one I buy.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Have been dealing with them and two different carriers for mobile phones for over 2 weeks now. Motorola finally said you are out of luck with the phone that is within warranty and you need to pay us 600 dollars to get a new phone, the old 400 plus dollar phone is basically a worthless piece of electronics. They have a special deal with Verizon so they can get a kickback from the carrier and hold you hostage to their phone and carrier.

Resolution response: Sept. 2, 2018

Lenovo (Motorola) is sending me a new, unlocked e4. I am grateful that they have decided to give me a phone I can use. Just wish this could have been settled a month ago before I bought another one.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

This is about Motorola's customer service/warranty and ethics, not just the phone. My Moto e4 was purchased unlocked from a reputable seller on eBay. It worked fine for about a month until it stopped giving notice of missed calls and msgs. Cricket could not figure it out so they transferred me to Moto who couldn't either so they sent me a new phone. I was impressed until it turned out to be locked to another network. They refused to take it back or unlock it. It must be active on MetroPCS for 6 mos before any online unlocking site can work.

Moto could unlock it or just send me another one locked to Cricket. But no, they said I bought the original from an "unauthorized retailer", a dubious excuse for sure. They got paid for the original phone, just not by me. This screw-up was due to Moto's replacement phone being locked and useless. The whole process involved 2 missed 48 hour promises, numerous un-returned calls and misinformation which could fill another page. I've never known a company to walk away from their own error within the warranty period like Moto has.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought three Droid 2 Motorola cell phones 2 years ago. For my wife and son each and one for myself. Everything was fine for about 18 months, then the batteries all started to fail. Within three months all the batteries were bad. We charged the phones on a wireless charger every night. Our sons failed first, in the morning when he would take the phone off the charger it would last for less than an hour. We had insurance on it and we got another Motorola. The replacement phone battery did not last very long and was soon causing problems. He still wanted a Droid and got a new one.

My wife's phone failed second and I bought her a new phone, not a Motorola. Now my phone is failing. I have owned other products etc. similar to cell phones and the batteries 5,6,and 7 years. I have used other tablets and note pads for several years with no battery issues. Having the battery buried in the phone and so inaccessible is also bad business. I am sure we are not alone in this frustrating experience in that it happened to all our phones.

Motorola Company Information