Motorola

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Useless engineers, customer service and rest of the company. Had to send my Moto X Play for screen repairing with proof of purchase. Apparently they received the phone and not the proof of purchase. No one contacted regarding the status of phone neither sent any notification whether they have received the phone or not. After repeat contact, two weeks later email came saying, “Our engineers have checked the phone is out of warranty date" and there is proof of purchase and it wasn't. They lied. Sent proof of purchase. Engineers checked again. The cost was triple the original cost. How does the warranty change cost.

Then no status update, two weeks of more wait time. Another call came saying, the phone failed quality check and "we have to replace the main system and you have to pay for that" and total of £126.00 charged for my repairing with 4 weeks wait time. This is my first and last time for Motorola. Anyone read this. Do not buy their products and services. Very disappointing.

I received my Moto g4plus in the month of July. Hence I was not having two sims. I was using only one sim till time. Now I taken a new sim and kept in sim slot two. It worked for some days then it is showing error that it is not getting detected. I called customer care. They said format it. I did that. After that some time it worked. Then again same problem. I went to service centre. The people said it is damaged and not be repairable. I want to know how it is? I have not used that slot. My phone is not fallen anywhere. Then how it is I spend 15000 on it. Customer cell people and service cell people are not giving good response. Motorola service is worst I must say. Is there any solution on it. Please help.

I purchase a Moto Z phone a month ago from Motorola.com. The phone has a very bad battery life for me so my first reaction was to ask for technical support. I started a online chat and got connected with a "professional tech support". I described my problems and 2 minutes later, I got a long response which was CLEARLY copied from a template response. I was not very happy since my description already proved that many of the solutions provided were useless. I then said this and reiterated my problem and was hoping for some more specific response. And after a long wait, I AGAIN got a template response asking to basically do the same thing!!! I was so frustrated and asked to escalate my case to a higher level, and then the rep simply disconnected me!!! That was simply the beginning of the nightmare. I was very upset so I decided to return it. I followed the online link to request for a return label.

A few hours later I received a label with the wrong address of mine. Then the nightmare began. I chatted and talked with the customer service for more than 5 times just to correct the shipping label so I can send the phone back. The first four reps promised me to fix it and they all failed. The fifth time I finally got a new shipping label that has the correct address of mine and I then immediately shipped the phone back and thought I could just leave the whole thing behind me. However, three weeks after the return was delivered, I still have not received the refund. And they promised to refund within 7-10 days since they receive the returns. I had to call and online chat with them like 5 more times and then one of them finally figured out that the RMA number for my return is still associated with the original shipping label that has the wrong address, which means, in their system, they are still waiting for me return!!!

I of course gave him the correct shipping tracking number and he told me that I could relax because he already fixed it and I should get my refund very soon. However, about a week later, I still have not received my it. This is the worst return service I have ever had with any merchandise anywhere. I will NEVER buy any more Motorola product in the future, and I will strongly advise everybody to do the same thing to avoid bad purchase experience.

Never ever purchase any product of MOTOROLA, because after sales service is worst. In fact they don’t bother about the difficulties of customer, facing due to non working of products which was purchased by a customer. I had purchased Moto G Plus 4th Gen with 32 GB ram, handset from Motorola through amazon in June 2016. The handset is having problem of overheating. When I use handset continuously for 20-25 minutes, it gets overheated and then switched off. I contacted their service center and they reported PCB (Mother Board) needs to replace. I had handed over my handset to service center on 16th September, 2016 and 'til today i.e. 23rd October, 2016, it is with them only. They are not able to resolve the issue due to non supply of part from Motorola.

I had Communicated with Motorola through emails and phone calls (toll free number), several times, but still they are not able to resolve the issue, in spite, on every follow up they are always asking more time to resolve the issue. Even officials handling phone calls are not having proper information and update about the issue, and when asking them to transfer the call to responsible official, they don’t. On demanding replacement of handset, they told, according to their policy they will not replace handset. THEY HAVE POLICY NOT TO REPLACE HANDSET BUT DON’T HAVE ANY POLICY TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE IN REASONABLE TIME.

Moreover, they are providing service through ENSURE SERVICES, Chennai, which I come to know from service center. I have also communicated through mail and phone calls, with their officials. Initially they talk to me and given false promises. Once they told me that they are dispatching part today, i.e. on the day I talked, when I inquired with service station, they didn’t receive any part. After 8-10 days when I called they told they have already dispatched part 2 days back. Once again the same thing happened, part was not reached service center. In-between this two calls and after that their officials stop receiving my phone calls. Both they, MOTOROLA AND ENSURE SERVICES, are not giving any update on issue. I don’t have free time to write reviews, but I am sharing this, so that no one else will face the harassment which I am facing. I once again recommend not to purchase any MOTOROLA PRODUCT.

I am on my third Droid Turbo 2 phone, all having defects by the manufacturer. It has stopped charging & this was identified as a manufacturer defect eligible to be replaced under warranty. Original call placed 10/10 was told I would be receiving a new device within 48 hours. 7 days later no tracking number, no phone has shipped and come to find out I will be receiving a refurbished model, not the custom phone I paid for and was promised-- if it ever arrives. Multiple follow up calls have resulted in hang ups, being audibly laughed at by 'agents' and lied to repeatedly. Additionally I discovered a 24.99 "premium fee" charged to my credit card by Motorola without my knowledge, consent or authorization.

When addressing this issue and asking for an immediate refund with (7+) "agents" I was told the order (that does not exist) for the replacement phone would be canceled if it was refunded, that they would need to listen to the call recording first (I have the call recorded myself) and other assorted stall tactics. Currently on the phone with a 13th representative who keeps repeating Motorola has 4 business days to ship the replacement device but acknowledges it is the 5th business day and no order is in sight. Still no phone, no idea when I will get a phone and no help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

I purchased two Moto x pure edition cell phones directly from Motorola. In less than six months one of the phones has had two major issues. The first Motorola did fix. Recently the charging port for the phone shifted to the point I could not charge the phone. I sent the phone in for repair as it's still under warranty. Motorola sent the phone back with a note that said simply "we did not repair your device." I called and was informed that I had damaged my phone. I attempted to speak with numerous individuals regarding this but got nowhere. I did not damage the phone myself. I'm beyond frustrated with Motorola and their beyond awful customer service. The really sad part is I took the phone to a local repair shop who fixed the phone for $60.00. Motorola lost a customer for life over a simple repair. I have since sold both phones and will never do business with Motorola again.

Last September I purchased a Brand new Moto X Pure Edition directly from Motorola. I love everything aesthetically about the phone. It works well for what I need it for Work, and life. After about 5 months I noticed when I went to hook up my phone for charging I had to very carefully make sure the cord stayed in the port to charge. I did this for about 3 months but less and less chargers I used would actually fit in the charger and charge, including the one they sent with it. There was no damage to the port. Eventually the phone would not charge at all. I had to sent it in for repair. Two weeks later I got back a different "like new" phone. After turning it on I didn't notice anything immediately but then It was when I got a phone call I realized the speaker was damaged. I could only use my phone on Speaker phone, otherwise it sounded muffled and inaudible.

I obviously was frustrated. I had been sent a replacement phone that was damaged. I contacted them and let them know. Keep in mind every time I have to sent it in for repair I have to borrow a phone from someone to use while it is in for repair. Another 10 days and I got it back again, the same device. I turned it on, logged in and again had my husband call to realize again they sent me the same damaged phone without fixing the problem. I called them Immediately. No one seemed particularly concerned. I spoke with one person and then went on hold for 15 plus waiting to be transferred to escalation department then I was hung up on. I called back, explained and was told not to hang up this time. Went on hold again for another 15 plus minutes before being told that they were experiencing a high volume of calls and asked if they could take my information so they could call me back in the next 2-3 hours.

I did this because I was at work and didn't have all day to sit on hold. I finished my day and heard nothing from them. 5 hours later I called them back. This time no escalation, no real concern, I voiced my frustration and all I got was "Your only option is to sent it back to the repair center." Having paid a $480 plus tax for phone and insurance (Thank god I got extended, even though it isn't doing me any good) I can't afford all this mess. Sent it away, AGAIN. Another 10 days got a different "like new" phone. Opened it. It took roughly 15 minutes for the main screen to load. Oh no here we go again. I turned it off and on again. Boom it worked. One week later I go to get in my phone and the touch screen does not work. It has not been dropped, no water damage, nothing. Overnight it stopped working. I tried a factory reset, nothing worked. I called Motorola. This time it seemed someone actually wanted to help.

We started off on a good step with an attempt at getting a new phone, not "like new" phone. I just need something that works. But it looks like because I had used the MOTO Maker and they currently have no Moto X Pure Edition in stock they can't find me a comparable phone as first suggested by the most recent Motorola customer associate. It appears I get to wait until I don't know with a phone that is useless. I loved my phone. I hate the service I have been getting, and poor quality products.

My volume button became defective. I called Verizon and ended up talking to Motorola. They gave me 2 options. Send the phone in to be fixed which takes 5 days. This would mean no phone for 5 days which would not work because this is a business phone. The other was to have a phone sent out to me then send the defective phone back for a charge of $25. They also put a $300 hold on your credit until they get the phone back. So with no 3rd option I paid the $25. I had to pay for their defective device. This was a experience that could have went a different way. My advice is that if you are looking for a company with good customer service Motorola is not it.

I've been trying to order a Moto X Pure Edition for over a week. You are able to customize your phone with various features such as color, design, memory, etc. You cannot customize your phone for most every item you choose is out of stock. Even if you order the phone with features that you don't want just so that you can place your order, you still won't be able to place your order. So now you are in checkout ordering a phone that you really don't want but willing to sacrifice your features so that you can go to the checkout. But then in checkout they will not recognize your street address, they will not recognize your expiration date. Thereby denying you the ability to order a phone that you really don't want anyway.

I don't know what happened to this company but they are among the absolute worst that I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. And to top it off, try to get a hold of someone in the company so that you can ask them directly what de hey. Even just to email someone, anyone in some sort of management position so that you can express your disbelief for all the time you've wasted with this ** company. All they can do is put pictures of themselves on the internet of which I personally would be too embarrassed. Obviously none of the people in management have an inkling of what's going on and why Motorola will soon only be a memory of business gone past. What a bunch of morons.

I have given my device for service on September 9th and after a 20 days they call and says due to technical reason the work sheet is cancelled and it will again take 20 more days. That was the first and last call. When I call back they don't attend the call. Service center is closed if you visit even on working day. Customer call center also have no reason. DO NOT BUY MOTOROLA DEVICES. USELESS SERVICE CENTER AND USELESS CUSTOMER CARE CALL CENTER.

I went against my better judgement and purchased a phone directly from Motorola knowing that so many people have had issues with shipping. As you may have guessed I am yet another case of garbage shipping handling on Motorola's behalf. First the shipment was delayed over two weeks (ordered on 9/8 and estimated to be delivered 9/18). After multiple calls to customer support my shipment was finally processed and I was given an estimated date of 9/28, more than a week after the "promise date." Now the shipment is being held in customs because Moto did not provide the correct information to customs to get the packages through and have held up over 3,395 other items (number provided by FedEx). No estimate as to how long this will take to clear up. This will be my only and last purchase from Moto ever again. Please if you are reading this DO NOT ORDER directly from Moto. Hopefully the hardware is more robust than the company.

I sent a Motorola Moto G for warranty repair. Motorola returned me a Moto E as a replacement. Motorola should have at least sent me a phone of equal value. I paid 79.99 for the Moto G. A Moto E sells for 30.00 now. I'm being screwed out of 50.00 by Motorola. Shove your phone up your **.

I found a charge on my AmEx bill for $435 for a Motorola phone. I called Motorola and they said that they cannot tell me who placed the order, what address it was sent to or who signed for it. They said the information must be sent to their legal department TOGETHER WITH A SUBPOENA AND A POLICE REPORT. This is the most absurd request I've ever gotten. Every other company can answer those questions. I went via AmEx who said they sent me documentation about the phone, but I never received it. They will resend it. How come AmEx can send that but Motorola can't find it. I've never had one of their phones and you can be sure I'll never get one.

Didn't get insurance on the phone, for it was an extra $20 a month that we cannot afford. Figured "worlds first shatterproof screen", what do we need it anyways? Left for a funeral, my wife left her phone on top of the car, and didn't tell me. These phones we are financing on. So none are paid off. The screen wasn't shattered, but nicked and beaten.

We went to Verizon with high hopes of some satisfaction. Maybe the screen just get replaced? Instead they say it's not a repair they can do, seems it's a Motorola device, have to call Motorola Customer Service. We did while we were in the store. Instantly someone picked up. A woman with a medium tone. We told her what's going on with the device, and she says it sounds like more of an issue with internal parts. They said "take pictures of the phone and send it via email at this email." Fine. We send it, and we didn't get a response. They need my email to send me a link to respond to. So we called after 5 minutes. And they said "what is the email." We said "it's [this] at GMAIL.COM." They then respond saying "OK, we have [this] at YAHOO.COM." So we corrected it, and sent them photos of the damaged phone.

They said they would call back with what to do, and everything else. They never called us back, and we called them RIGHT when they opened, and was on hold for 30 minutes, before I hung up, after the automated voice said our wait time was 16 minutes. I would not recommend a Motorola device, because of this issue. Maybe if you tell them you're a cop, they may respond differently. But...

I'm sorry went to Best Buy and I bought a second generation Moto 360. It was on sale for $274.99 brand new. Unfortunately that came with LCD bleed showing signs of yellow discoloration on the LCD so I went to Best Buy and they kindly offered me an exchange and refunded me $35 for the trouble. That watch has a dead pixel and discoloration. Upon contacting Motorola they refused to issue me a "new one" as a replacement and said it was Best Buy's duty to replace it.

However they did not have any in stock and the nearest Best Buy with one in stock was in South Carolina... I live in Atlanta, Georgia and I already had to drive 2 hours to get the replacement watch. I understand that Best Buy is responsible, however Motorola should be liable for their products. The fact that they did not make an exception for this one issue shows that they are not helping their customers. At least Best Buy has some decency. Representatives that we were caught off of copying and pasting policies and not willing to help further. One even hung up on me.

I purchased a Motorola 3rd generation turbo mobile from Flipcart in 10500 in February 2016. One day in July, after 4 months itself, it burnt. With smell in rooms, when looked carefully, the charging point was melted and stuck in phone. The phone melted at charging point. When I contacted Flipcart customer care, they asked me to visit Motorola service center. Their representative, she said it will not cover in warranty. You have to pay 3200 Rs for the repair. I refused because 3200 Rs on new phone within 4 months, it is not worth. The Motorola phone is very very bad. Flipcart after sale services very very poor. I would recommend not to buy Motorola phones on Flipcart. Both Flipcart and Motorola are bad bad baddest or very worse quality and poor services. I am throwing the phone now in dustbin.

Within the 1-year warranty provided by Motorola, the motherboard on this phone was shot. I contacted Motorola and because I'd had a cracked screen repaired by a 3rd-party professional (Gadget Fix), they said it invalidated the Motorola warranty. "They may have done something to damage the phone," says Motorola. I understand, but when I called Motorola about the cracked screen earlier, they said that wasn't covered by the warranty. So you continue to try to use a phone with a cracked screen in order to maintain the Motorola warranty? Or do what's needed to fix the phone using a reputable (and expensive!) repair shop? I don't feel like there was even a realistic option. IF Motorola would have fixed the cracked screen, I'd be without the phone for 10-14 days. The local repair shop had my phone back to me in 3 days. The "customer service" rep was very apologetic, but that doesn't really help in this situation. No more Motorola devices for me!

I'm really not satisfied with the service these centers providing. I have purchase new Moto g4 from amazon.com on 17th July 2016. I'm satisfied with the mobile features they provided but with a malfunctioning charger, so I reached to nearest service center to me i.e. near M.I. Road, Jaipur. After gaining knowledge from the store I come to know that this service centre is no more working for services. They only sell Motorola accessories. Then I left with only one service in Jaipur i.e. in Shyam Nagar, Sodala which is not so close to my home or office.

First they instruct to wait for 10 days for ordering from head office (those 10 days was very tough because it has turbo charging feature due to which it takes 4-5 hours to completely charge). After 10 days when again I reach to service centre they provide the charger without USB cable which earlier I have submitted to service centre and when I want to talk about the matter they are simply saying "just talk to our senior head". So I call for the senior but there is no schedule time for seniors to report, then I demand contact information of senior, staff there very rudely ignore and didn't provide any information. When I asked other people over there I come to know that senior reach the service center as satisfied to them which is mostly after 12:30 pm and service centre open at 10am.

When I go to the care for my Motorola...I submit it for the malfunctioning of it but at least it is working in a great condition. But on the care they told me that my phone has some liquid defect and it need repair which cost 8000-9000 then. I want my phone back as I am not capable of it. Then they asked what if I gave them the parts of the phone. I refuse. Then I asked for my phone. When they give it to me it was on loop. They stole my parts. I was in shock that it was an authorized care and they stole my parts. I want action on this care. It's in Gumanpura Kota Shopping centre.

I sent my phone in for warranty repair service and it came back with that issue fixed but GPS seems to have been broken in the process. I sent it in again and GPS came back still broken. I called to try to get a replacement but was told none were available. When pushed level 3 s told me I could get a replacement but only if I put a 500 dollar hold on a credit card (which exceeds purchase price). With so many complaints of mysteriously "missing" phones that were sent back in exchange I was unwilling to do so. Under duress and having no other options I agreed to send it back for repair #3. So far my phone has been at or in transit to their repair depot for 26 days. I believe they were unable to fix the issue so they just sent it back instead of providing me with a replacement phone (as per warranty conditions).

Good afternoon. I as a customer want to report this. I have been waiting on my phone from Motorola since July 5. I had not got my phone yet every time I call they keep lying about "you will get this phone by 24 hours. Call back for tracking." We can't find the number. We as everyone that had a problem with this company we need to get a lawyer for a lawsuit against this place caused. This is not right that we be done like this about our phone. This date I want us to start this suit. Please call me about.

My three month old Moto G LCD went bad. Promptly Motorola send me the FedEx info to send them the phone. All good. Two weeks later I finally receive a Moto X refurb. I call wanting to understand why a new phone with an internal defect is replaced with a scratched up, broken audio, "certified factory refurb". I got nowhere. At all cost I will avoid Motorola on my next purchase. New phones with factory defects should be replaced with new phones, not crappy performing beat up ones you call certified.

First let me say I loved my Nexus 6. It's a big phone and I have big hands so it works great for me. It is made by Motorola. I had the speakers break on my first phone and I returned it for $175.00 + tax and I got a new one. After my second experience with them I will never buy or use Motorola again. I sent my phone in for replacement (cracked screen) for the same $175.00 + tax fee. The next day on my Wells Fargo acct. there was that charge plus $184.00 + charge for no reason. There is nothing at Motorola that costs $184.00. The worst thing though was that Motorola made another debit of $195.00 from my Bank of America account. I never even gave them this account. I stopped these charges at my banks. Everything is right now but Motorola support was no help at all. English as a second language compounds the problem at that end. Something is wrong at this company. Never again.

I have bought Moto X Play 3 months back and recently it fell from bed and its screen got broken. And it became a real issue for me. Here are few issues that I am facing. Firstly there is no authorized service center of Motorola in Jamshedpur. Service center people was not picking the call so only option was to travel 200 km to nearby city just to check if the shop is open or not. After reaching there you will get to know that they have not the parts available with them for replacement. So we need to visit again. And again when you visit it you will come to know that just the screen's cost of Moto X Play costs 7.5k. So if you have kids who can throw your phone or you are not in metro city where there is no authorized center, don't buy this phone. Because if any way your phone fell you have to spend 8k on it. Plus travel twice or thrice to the nearest city. Which again will cover the total cost of phone.

I called Motorola customer service today twice. I have easily spent 3 hours trying to find their phone number for technical support (800-734-5870), trying their suggestions and being on hold. I have only had my phone for 1 year and 3 months and it won't take a charge. The last few weeks the phone took a small charge if I wiggled the adapter just right. I got a new adapter and had the same problem so it must be the port. This charging issue is well-known issue and the Motorola customer service person acknowledged that fact. I have read about many unhappy customers with the same issue all over the internet.

The first customer support person I spoke with today emailed me a link that didn't work. The second customer support person told me I would have to pay $75.00 since it has been over a year since I purchased the phone. I don't mind dealing with warranties but when this charging issue is a well-documented problem with how they manufactured this phone, Motorola needs to step up and make their customer happy and either replace the product or repair the product at no charge. I am extremely unhappy.

Such blunt behavior of customer care and Irresponsible staff. If you want to talk to their supervisors you cannot. You can only access to the Technical support (Which will ask you to wait for some 6 days for a call from their supervisor). And when they do they will ask you to wait one more week for exact status. I mean why did you even call me then to check on me? Motorola is the worst phone company in the world. Not always making good phones makes a company great but how you treat your customer later. I will suggest anyone to not to buy a Motorola phone. :) You just lost a customer's trust and I don't even think your team would be free enough to check this review as well.

Love Moto gear but the customer service experience is so painful I probably won't buy again. Their customer service team is so poorly trained that it takes hours to resolve issues. Their website could handle a lot of this for us but it seems it is super outsourced and they don't trust their customer service team with the information that is on the website.

Example just now is that I had already received a replacement Moto 360 and the serial number now differs from the one that is listed on the website. Fine. But now they cannot find my new serial number and it says it is invalid. Now they had to close the chat, call me on the phone and escalate my issue to some advanced repair team (or something like that), waited on hold for a few minutes and am now being told I will get a call back in 48 hours...

This is just one occurrence of my 3 interactions with Moto customer support. They have all been the same. It just baffles me how CEOs overlook this crucial aspect of a business. A company spends crazy resources in R&D, Marketing, Advertising etc. to get someone to try a product, then they completely FAIL on the post-sale support. Goodbye future purchases!! Oh, Google, why did you sell Motorola to Lenovo?!? ARGHHH.

I bought a Moto G3 16 GB white on Nov 25, 2015. About 3 months later, I found the headset connector is not working. I contacted Motorola customer support, and had to go through a series of steps, including clearing the cache and full factory reset. Since that didn't fix the problem, I contacted again and sent it back to them for warranty replacement on March 8th. They received it on March 11.

According to their RMA email, my replacement device should be sent within 4 business days. I didn't hear anything from them for next 2 weeks, and when I contacted them again, they said the replacement device isn't in stock and would be sent when it arrives. The timeline? Check back in next 2 weeks! When I pressed further, the customer service rep mentioned - they were actually waiting for refurbished units. So, if refurbished units are not available, they cannot ship new phone!

Also, I asked them if they can refund my purchase price, so that I can go and buy another Moto G3 from market. Their reply was, that is not part of their warranty policy and since I bought it from Amazon and not from them directly, they cannot refund my purchase price. They offered one other option, that is, they can send my original phone back without repairing it. I obviously refused on that. They also offered me some other options, and all of them were lower size or older units than my Moto G3.

I checked with Amazon on my experience and they graciously offered me to send a replacement because of my bad experience with Motorola if I get the original unit back. Kudos to Amazon for their great customer service! I then contacted Motorola again and asked to send my original phone back. I was told they will have to put an order with shipping department! A few days later, and I didn't hear anything yet. I checked again, and they had not done anything! Again I asked to ship it back and then was told to check back in 48 hours.

Checked again, and nothing still. At this point, I asked to talk to supervisor and there was nothing. They still offered me some other devices which I refused. A few days later, I found out they cannot find my original device! They mentioned they will send me an email once they find it and send it. Amid all these, they kept offering me some other devices.

Checking with them again, after a few days and now it is April 13, more than 1 month of waiting. This time, something changed and a supervisor called me later and gave me a code and a website to buy a new customized phone - Moto G3 16 GB. Even the experience to buy the phone wasn't without pain. The website first offered me a flip case for free, but later changed it to $30. When checked with them, at first they said they will correct it. Again no response for two days and then checking again, I was informed my code doesn't include the free flip case.

Overall, I have spent a lot of time on the phone with them, at least 6 hours if not more. Not to mention all the pain of living without the phone for > 1 month. They should have at the very least gave me some upgrade or additional item to compensate for all that trouble. In fact, they should give compensation to me for the lost time and mental pain that I had to go through, due to their inefficient warranty service.

When I check the warranty, they did mention that they have to refund my purchase price. So the customer service agents are blatantly lying when they say refund of my purchase price is against their warranty policy. They have certainly lost a customer! I will not be buying ANY Motorola product again, cell phone or not! Not only that, I will mention this story to all my friends and advise them to not buy ANY Motorola product again!

I submitted my Moto Xplay on 21 March in Servicenter. Till now, I don't get back my handset. They delay date by date. I think it's a mistake that I bought Motorola. Very worst service. I think I can't get my phone back after I sent it to MOTO for repair.

I purchased a Moto E on March 30th 2016. Almost immediately I was unable to hear people speaking to me and they were unable to understand or hear what I was saying to them unless I use the speaker option. I went to my local Boost Mobile store. They tried to reset my phone and it did nothing to correct the problem. They then advised me to contact Motorola directly which I did. My phone was less than 30 days old when I contacted Motorola customer service. At that time I was given a series of steps to try and fix the problem so that I would not be required to have the speaker on in order to use the phone. I followed all instructions completely and accurately, it did nothing to correct the problem.

I then contacted Motorola customer service again and they gave me two options, the first I would need to remove the SIM card from my phone and send it back to them which would leave me without any phone service until replacement or this particular model was fixed and returned. My second option, was to pay $100 + dollars as a security before they would send me a replacement. They stated that money would then be placed into my account as credit. The problem with that is that I am an older woman https://consumeraffairs.slack.com/team/bethelviraywho lives on Social Security disability. Because of my disabilities it would be impossible for me to go without phone service until this problem was fixed.

The other problem I am unable to pay $100+ upfront on my limited income. I then asked to speak with a supervisor to see if it was possible for some other solution, I was told no. These were my only two options. Therefore, as soon as I am able to purchase a new phone I will leave Motorola completely and never ever use their services or products again. I will also do everything in my power to discourage anyone from ever using Motorola again. The power of negative feedback can be overwhelming to a company but obviously they don't care. I will never again use this product or company because of their lack of consideration and respect for their customers.

Motorola Company Profile