Motorola

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I fell for the Moto Z Force Droid with the hopes of all of the "Mods" that were coming. Well that fell through but I ended up with a great phone that has held up to the water, snow, and night in the refrigerator. The camera has excellent resolution almost as good as my Canon and sharing pics is a breeze. The Z Force stands up to numerous Apps running at the same time with no noticeable slow downs. But, there is always the but, the battery is horrible. It drains in less than 3 hours. The phone does have the rapid charge and will be fully charged in 15 minutes as long as I take my charger. This phone takes a USB-C charger which is the same port as is used for earphones. I finally gave in and bought bluetooth earphones so I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle. Overall it is a great phone and does mostly what is promised. I would take this phone over an iPhone any day of the week. It is a good investment.

This Moto G came with 8 GB memory. I have increased its Memory with a 32 GB microchip and it works great. Other than having some small issues with the touch screen, everything is good.

It's overloaded with google apps when purchased. It's difficult to upload photos to PC and it disconnects from wifi and reconnects very very frequently. The size is good and sturdy case without protection though.

Bought Moto G5 Plus to replace Nexus 5; good phone for the low price. The Moto overlay is not overly intrusive and is very close to stock Android. Unfortunately, Lenovo's reputation for updates is quite bad.

I had a Samsung Note 4 that I loved until its last update that destroyed my phone, lost everything. Now Moto Z is pretty good although some features are not on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

The "shatterproof" Moto Z shattered after 10 months only and trying to get the replaced/repaired in a timely manner is a horrible experience. 1st there is not a Motorola store where you can actually GO and they can take care of you there, you MUST call one of their hundreds of 1-800 numbers and they ALL go to the PHILIPPINES. I want someone who I understand, who can help me with the product they sell to the USA. I don't want to speak with someone who is reading off a script and who LITERALLY will not do anything to help. This will be our LAST Motorola purchase... OF ANY KIND... EVER.

Motorola blur phone ok for normal use. Most apps will not work with this phone. It is a android. Even androids app have a hard time finding one work. If you need more than a basic phone this will not work but good price.

I own a MotoG5 Plus and my overall experience with the phone is average. The phone is functional with some nice features like the fingerprint scanner and a pretty nice camera. However, I find it can be a bit buggy at times, with apps that require an uninstall/reinstall or a hard restart, and the speakers are pretty quiet and low quality. The phone doesn't feel as high-end as its ubiquitous but more expensive rivals, and it also lacks the range of higher quality accessories that are available for other brand names. Overall, a good phone at a good price. I saved $500, but I still wish I'd bought an iPhone.

This is a middle of the road phone with limited bells and whistles. The battery lasted about half a day if you don't use it much. There are better phones but for much more money.

I had an iPhone but Apple products are no longer intuitive! I saved money and a lot of hassle buying a Moto 4g. It's easy to use, has a great camera and does everything I want for less money.

The Motorola DROID MAXX was a great phone for two years. After that, keep getting software crashes and lockups. Battery life is down but to be expected.

It's a great phone even though it has its flaws. It still works out. It meets my needs and it puts me on a on a place where I can go back and look at my notes and look at my memories and pictures hiking. Create almost anything with my phone. All my files that I have my dates. Anything that I can create with my phone. It has it all. Thanks for creating this phone just for my needs.

The cellular is very simple & clear when including diversified areas that are also being included. Their overall software layout of this Motorola phone is partially different compared with many others, and always assisting their CLIENT asap!

Motorola has had several owners but Lenovo seems to be serious about the brand. They now have a great value for the price and they use the latest Android system.

I love the AT&T price of $43 a month is not so bad for the functions of the phone. I love the fact since I moved out of my mom's house to a city that I did not know well and GPS was great.

My Moto X has been a great phone to use and has never let me down. I am getting ready to start looking for a new phone, and the latest Motorola phone will get my 1st look.

I bought a new Moto Z2 force from a Moto authorized dealer in New York online. As of this writing it's 3/4 weeks but when I realized it had a problem I notified them and explained the problem. Tried the troubleshooting steps. Nothing solved the problem. Did some research. Turns out it is a well known issue with this line of phones... I called Motorola/Moto Care as the phone is under warranty. Talked to customer service. They said software/hardware problems and to send them the phone. (which costs to ship) They would check it out. I said I couldn't do that as I run my business through my phone, and can't just shut down for a couple weeks while they figure it out.

So they said, "we will just send you a new one." Even took all my info sent me a return label. After a week of waiting and no phone I call back, the next person said it wasn't completed, so I said, "ok redo it again." Same thing, called again ask why, "oh they never received a security deposit of $600 and my phone." I said "no I'm not paying for 2 phones, and their response was "oh no you won't be charged." I said, "ok I have the email that says $0.00 charge for replacement or service. And phone is under warranty." I was then told without security deposit there's nothing he could do, so I said "ok there better not be a charge show up on my card" and gave cc. number and right away two attempts to charge $600.

But bank refused charges as suspicious and was then told there was a problem with my credit card, I said, "no there isn't, you tried to charge my card." I was then told to call my bank and clear it. I said "no... and that it was absurd." Upon which he hung up. This is a Moto care tech/service person. He could barely speak English, what a joke. So after repeated texts calls messages, they will not replace my phone or even respond, so I comment on every forum they use. My dissatisfaction with them and how they are a disservice to all their customers. I will never support or buy any other Motorola products and will let such be known to anyone and everyone... pissed. Thanks, for nothing.

My Moto X Pure Edition had a broken screen and my Moto 360 had started having software and hardware issues. I contacted support using chat and they refused to help without me paying them. They were not willing to make an exception for either cases. They insisted that warranty is no longer active so we can't help, many retailers have made exceptions in cases like these and Motorola fails to budge.

I had a requested to all Indians please don't buy any products of Motorola and Lenovo too... They are just cheating us. I bought 2 mobiles Moto G4 Plus after 3 months neither battery working nor charging jack. Service centre not responding. Lenovo: screen went in just 48 days... Pls don't buy any products of these two cheater companies.

It was a pathetic response from your service center. I have purchased Moto M in the month of January 17. On Monday 19th June it suddenly stopped working, I was not able to hear. So been to authorized service center for a request to check what went wrong. Support executive responded as nice speaker not working. I was assured by support staff as you will get your phone on Thursday as both the parts need to replaced. Today morning I called up the support staff. I was informed as still it will take 3/4 days.

My question to quality team is why you guys are selling such faulty pieces as it is getting damaged in 6 months. When you are manufacturing mobile phones you should have all the required spares with your team. It was a very bad service from support staff as they very arrogant while speaking with the customers. I will definitely escalate this matter with Grahak Manch if I am not getting my mobile on time. I will also tell all my friends & colleagues not to purchase Motorola phones as they don't have any quality checks. Hoping for a positive reply.

I bought a Moto G4 from Amazon and in less than 30 days the screen would randomly flicker. The only way to get it to stop was to turn it off. During the last incident it wouldn't turn off, overheated and caught fire. Motorola would not refund my money but insisted they could only send me another phone. They asked for my burnt phone so their "scientists" could look at it and promised to let me know what they discovered, nada. I've had my second Moto G4 for almost two months and the flickering screen has appeared and the drop down window appears for no reason and blocks the screen. It's a dangerous phone and I'm chucking it in the trash rather than wait for the next fire to happen. I'll never purchase another Motorola phone.

This phone is a complete piece of junk!! I've had mine replaced, repaired and I've done factory resets but it still wins the "absolutely do not buy" award!!! I can't even set a stupid ring tone! Answering and hanging up are hit and miss. I don't know how many times I've tried to answer a call! It's supposed to be an easy slide of the finger...ya right! Save yourself the time, money and aggravation and buy any other brand of phone! 2 soup cans and a string would be a better than this phone!

You sent me an email on May 24th letting me know that you received the phone back. I expect you to return the unauthorized money you took out of my bank account ASAP. TODAY. I bought my Motorola Pure X through Amazon in late February. I had problems with the phone connecting to numerous bluetooth devices (which I am not explaining here as I've repeated the issues at length with multiple Motorola and Amazon people). I had a terrible experience with "Richard", at Motorola, who told me he was a supervisor. I spent a great deal of time with him, as well as with a Motorola customer service worker, whom I originally spoke with to over the phone. I must have explained my issues and all the troubleshooting steps I had taken previous to speaking with them both at least 2 dozen times, if not more.

Richard was argumentative with me, cutting me off; raising his voice; not able or willing to (I'm not sure which) let me finish my sentences. I repeated myself several times as to what, specifically was the issue and yet, unfortunately Richard never understood what I was complaining about. As a side note, Richard was definitely unprofessional and gave unacceptable customer service. Richard did send me a new phone, but he let me know he wasn't happy about it. It was a very uncomfortable, long, and stressful conversation. Definitely not a good experience! And I am a new Microsoft customer!

The phone came a few days later. I opened the envelope and what I got was: a box that was different than the one I got with my new phone in February, and the box was open inside the shipping envelope- not secured with tape or anything, phone hastily wrapped in a single and deflated piece of bubble wrap which was taped in a crooked manner around the phone, instructions that were on multiple sheets of paper thrown in the envelope. Bent, crinkled, just crappy looking. I absolutely did not feel safe activating this phone, which was obviously not new, so I sent it back to you. I wrote a note saying that the phone was unacceptable and I was going to keep my original phone and that I was absolutely unhappy with the service and care I had received from Motorola.

I have pictures of every piece that was inside the FedEx envelope from you as well as the letter I enclosed. Yesterday I saw a large withdrawal from you! $275.25 is what you had pending in my bank account! You can't do that. You can't charge me for a phone that you sent me and I returned and you acknowledge you received!! Today this charge went through.

Update: I couldn't find a working email for me in which to send this and ended up doing Live Chat with Ramone. I've spent over an hour with him and at the end of it all, he told me that he would have to have a different dept. call me because it was out of his scope. I asked him repeatedly to give me a direct email and or address to whom I could send my complaints to, someone who has the authority to handle my complaints. He gave me what ended up being a general Microsoft address, the same one I earlier sent a request for refund to and never heard back. At this point I am having to wait 7-10 business days for my refund and I have no person who can insure culpability.

After buying Moto X Play, within 2 months its display and speakers started malfunctioning. On visiting the service centre numerous times for the same recurring issues I received the same response every time from them - "We cannot do anything. We cannot replace the handset even if we are not able to repair them." Good going Motorola! Extremely disappointed with a such a big brand like Motorola. Your service centre sucks. You are neither able to repair your sets nor able to replace them.

Fed up with Motorola service and device. Out of the 8-9 months, I have been using this handset, its time at the service center would be 3-4 months. My hard earning money all went down the drain, As per my experience, I would never recommend Motorola to anyone else due to its appalling after sales services. Guys don't buy Motorola devices. Their service centers are neither capable of solving the issues nor they will replace the device even if there are some manufacturing defects.

I am on the phone with Motorola right now. I bought a Motorola phone and it was defective. All kinds of problems - Motorola sent me a new phone, had info from old phone transferred to new phone yesterday and guess what!!!?? This phone is defective too. They now want me to send this phone back so they can send me another one of their (defective) phones. I am so sick of this. I do not have time to spend all morning on the phone with them. I will not send this phone back. I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER MOTOROLA PHONE, TV OR WHATEVER OTHER PRODUCTS THEY SELL. I am trying to get a refund for the original purchase price. I will go to any lengths to get it!!! They have screwed with me enough. (You can't tell that I'm upset can you???)

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. Basically I've had a phone for a little over a year that has been broken since I purchased it brand new. Motorola's team is incompetent, negligent and intentionally sabotaged me getting a replacement phone. I requested one three months ago, and have since spoken to them 24 times. I have provided them with 3 different credit cards, (one debit card, that all has sufficient funds in them). Each time, they told me the issue was not "resolved", that my bank didn't accept the $75 charge. All of this is untrue. They held the $75 on my cards several times. They basically force people to buy a new phone because they refuse to honor their quality guarantees and warranties. They should be sued over and over and over again.

Moto G Plus - I am very disappointed with this product. I was having respect for this company but after using this product is feel like I'm was wrong. Heating problem is main issue, heat like heater even I hardly use phone that time. Within 3 month, motherboard is burst. Then battery problem is like **, and at last hanging problem. Salute to this phone...

I have a Nexus 6 that I took very good care of — It's in pristine condition. There are no hardware problems with the phone that I need to fix. It is strictly a software issue. I have spent 3 weeks now troubleshooting with Motorola. They can't help me get into my phone (I own it outright) and they won't replace it because it's out of warranty. IT'S NOT A HARDWARE ISSUE. IT'S A SOFTWARE ISSUE! So now software glitches are part of a warranty? The worst customer service ever. I don't even know how much time I've wasted waiting on hold and all I have to show for it is a beautiful paperweight. How is it I can own my phone and am locked out of it with no way in? They keep telling me they will contact me but never do — I have had to call them back every time. I seriously feel like I'm getting the runaround.

When connect charger then the phone screen is automatically flickering, auto touch anywhere in screen and too much heat the mobile. Also battery drawn quickly. A very bad experience. Purchased Motorola g4 plus. Very much unsatisfied with Motorola phone. It's a huge problem. Please don't buy Moto either you killed. 1st when I purchase the phone then I return the mobile for this above problem and change to buying the phone but same problem is face.

I contacted customer support because my Moto Z broke and they replaced it for another broken phone. When I called to see what they could do to compensate me they told me their highest division would contact me in 2 days with the ability to upgrade my phone. It took me calling and emailing them 2 week to respond that they are not willing to give any compensation for sending me a broken phone, giving me the runaround and taking 2 weeks to have the higher department contact me when it was to only take 2 days just to say no.

Motorola Company Profile