Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.45/5

Motorola Reviews

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have had Apple products for over 15 years. I decided to try the Moto G7 Power for its battery life and price. I have had the phone for 2 weeks. I dropped it today from about 3 feet. The screen cracked badly. I've never cracked a screen on the various Apple products that I have owned. They may offer nice battery life and a low price, but the Moto G7 Power is not very robust. Avoid this product, repair will cost 1/2 the original price of the phone.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Last year my wife and I each bought a Motorola phone about the same time. Right after the 1-year warranty, my phone lost audio function in March 2019, and in another month my wife's phone started suddenly turning off on its own. We went through the same procedure: To call Motorola Tech Support first to run basic troubleshootings and then escalate to advanced troubleshootings until at last, they determined our phones were beyond repair. Because the one-year warranty had just past, we both were required to pay about 70% cost of the original price to get a new replacement phone. My wife's replacement phone had the same problem again within one week of arrival, and she returned it for the 2nd replacement.

By now, we've only used our new replacement phones for 4-5 months, my phone started having audio issue again with on-and-off voices. My wife's phone also ran into power issue one more time. After applying the troubleshootings, we know our new replacements were beyond repair again. We expected this time we should be able to get new replacements free of charge. However, they told us something new, i.e., Motorola's warranty for replacement phones was good for only 3 months instead of one year.

No matter how we asked them to consider our bad experience of purchasing and using Motorola short-lived phones, Motorola just insisted in very cold tone that we need to pay the same price as last time to get another Motorola replacement. Isn't it too unfair for us to keep paying money for Motorola phones, which could only last three months to one year? As Motorola cares nothing for their product quality and company reputation, I think I am legitimate to say Motorola is a shameless company, Motorola cell phones are junks, and Motorola has no customer service at all.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I purchased my first cell phone in June 2019, by July 2019 I was experiencing dropped calls when I was stationary as was the person I called (on the landline). I had 2-3 bars of Verizon service which works for the other person that lives in the house (they have no problems). As the month went on the echo started, then I was not being heard on the other end of the call. Now it does not notify of incoming calls all the time and the icon does not post the number of voice mails waiting. I took it back to GoWireless and they tell me they don't take back products after 14 days. My problems began after that. Most stores give you 90 days to return here in California.

Now I had to contact Motorola to take care of the phone per the warranty. It was difficult to get in touch with them and when I did they offered to send me a "used" phone in place of my 2 month old phone. In order to get this phone I have to pay app $25 (which they did wave after I complained) for the them to send me that phone, then I have one day to test that it works before sending it back. That is not enough time to check out the "used" phone for any problems. On top of that, they would put a hold on my credit card of $75 (which is much more than the phone cost in the first place) in the case I don't return the broken phone. I do not consider that a warranty! SJ

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is not a phone. It is a platform with a TERRIBLE PHONE APP. The camera will not transfer pics to PC without going through MULTIPLE steps. STUPID. Every button HANGS UP phone. NONE will answer it. Poor design throughout.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

They label the screen is scratch resistant on Motorola.com website. It clearly is not. The other problem is you don't always get the 6.2 each screen display when watching movies, ETC. The phone can restart at any given time. It drops calls as well. I think I will be going back to Samsung....

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motorola?

Original review: July 2, 2019

Moto e5 Plus - Great battery life, but folder setup, display apps moverability is awkward and cumbersome. Too much non-removable floatware. Moving files around is awkward. The best thing about this phone is the battery life, otherwise, much improvement needed. Moto has its own apps installed that are pretty much useless. Continual connectivity issues as well (with the exception of Wi-fi connection). Really disappointed. The only good thing about this phone is superb battery life.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I actually have a Moto e5 plus and in my opinion, is so much better on so many levels than the Apple device I've been using for the last 5 years (two different units). Moto is a much better buy for your money at half the price.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Purchased a Moto 5 in February. One month later the text notification sound began working on and off. Contacted the company and they took command of the phone several times to try to fix it and was finally told that they were going to have to replace the phone, but I must pay for all shipping and handling (to and from), and pay a replacement fee. The total was almost as much as I paid for the phone! I'm trying to save up enough money to buy a new phone and in the meantime, I'm just dealing with the no text sounds. However, just two weeks ago, the phone decided to not let me send or receive photos. I'm done with Moto and I'm letting everyone know about my experience.

Original review: May 2, 2019

The phone has a serious screen problem. I upgraded 6 months ago, paid $800 and I am on the third one as they have been poorly built and they will not support it. The screen warp and peel off. It is a serious design flaw that they took money for and did not advertise the problem. They will not stand behind the product. A class action suit needs to be filed to remedy the problem and refund everyone that has been taken advantage of. You can't deliberately sell faulty equipment and not support it. That's fraud!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Do not buy anything from Motorola!! Their baby monitor is supposed to set up and pair with its parent device upon removing from the box. The one I bought did not. After many attempts I finally contacted customer service who initially asked me to do the same troubleshooting I had already done. This was after waiting a week for a response by the way. After explaining my frustrations and asking for a return, they explained to me they won't accept returns for a product that can be fixed and proceeded to send me a barrage of technical questions I couldn't even answer. I told them to close my case and I am now out $150 because of their poor service and/or product. I repeat - do not buy from Motorola!!!

Motorola Company Information