Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5
Based on 1,430 ratings submitted in the last year

Frontier Communications® is a Fiber, Copper and Fixed-Wireless network provider that offers services in 25 states. Frontier offers customers unlimited tech support, a dependable connection for a monthly prices that’s been called the best value in Internet services. Visit its website to find out if its services are available in your state.

BOTTOM LINE

Frontier Communications has bundled internet, TV and phone options that work well for some people. It’s not available everywhere and reviews mention service issues, but some consumers report being satisfied with it.

PROS

• Fiber optic internet
  • Variety of plans
  • Bundle options

CONS

• Limited nationwide service

Top Frontier Communications Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

I have had Frontier for years, and they have been almost the only option in my rural area ... I could not be happier with my service, and I have recommended them to several of my friends and neighbors.

My set top box locked up and I could not get it to reboot ... I called Frontier technical support and talked to Angela. She talked me through several steps ... She was polite and professional. In a short period of time, she got my set top box to reboot, and I was back up and running.

Frontier Communications Compare Offers

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

What is Frontier Communications?

Frontier Communications is a wireless network provider that offers TV, phone and internet services. Like its competitors, Frontier has bundled services at a lower price than its standalone options. Internet options include traditional high-speed internet and fiber optic internet. Frontier Communications partners with DISH Network to offer DISH TV.

Frontier Communications price

Frontier Communications' plans and pricing vary based on location, but monthly costs for bundles typically start at $54.99 a month. Router services fees are an additional $10 a month. The table below features sample costs for plans based in Texas.

CostSpeed
FiOS 50/50 Internet + TV$54.9950 Mbps
FiOS 500/500 Internet + TV$64.99500 Mbps
FiOS 50/50 Internet, TV + home phone$64.9950 Mbps
FiOS 1G service + TV$99.99940 Mbps download, 880 Mbps upload

Frontier Internet plans

Frontier Communications has three internet options: traditional high-speed internet, FiOS and Vantage. Check what’s offered in your location; services vary by area. Standalone internet service costs $27.99 to $44.99 a month.

• High-speed internet: Although it’s called high-speed, this is the slowest internet option from Frontier. It works well for basic needs like checking email and browsing the web.
  • FiOS by Frontier: This fiber optic option from Frontier works well for gaming and streaming. It’s available in three different tiers: 50 Mbps, 500 Mbps and 940 Mbps. The 940 Mbps speed is only available with FiOS Gig Service.
  • Vantage by Frontier: Vantage has speeds that reach up to 200 Mbps in some areas. It’s best for multiple-device streaming, including 4K video, and fast downloads.

Frontier cable plans

At the time of publication, Frontier Communications mostly offered cable plans bundled with internet service, not as standalone options. Only the Dish TV plan is available for separate purchase.

• FiOS TV: Frontier Communications’ basic cable option includes sports channels, lifestyle channels, reality TV and on-demand movies. Bundles start at around $55 a month.
  • Vantage TV: Vantage TV is Frontier’s comprehensive option and has sports, news, movies, entertainment and international channels. Cable/internet bundles start at $82.99 a month.
  • Dish TV: Dish TV plans range from about $60 a month up to $95 a month. Basic plans have 120 channels. The comprehensive plan has 250 channels.

Frontier Communications FAQ

Is Frontier Communications available in my location?
Frontier Communications has service in Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
What services does Frontier Communications offer?
Frontier Communications has internet, cable and phone services.
How fast is Frontier internet?
Frontier has high-speed internet as fast as 12 Mbps. This works well for most homes and small businesses. Vantage by Frontier reaches 200 Mbps in some areas, and FiOS is as fast as 1 Gbps. This is better for those needing much faster internet for gaming or streaming on multiple devices.
What channels are included in Frontier packages?
Channels vary based on package, but customers can access news, sports and lifestyle channels plus on-demand movies and international channels.

Is Frontier Communications good?

Frontier Communications has had issues in the past with delivering reliable service. The company declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy in April 2020, but it continues to offer service to customers. Some reviews mention being satisfied with Frontier Communications services. If the pricing and services offered seem fair to you, Frontier Communications is worth considering.

Frontier Communications Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Like all cable providers, there are pros and cons. Frontier is my current provider inherited from Verizon when they sold off their cable division. For a brief period, I tried Spectrum and that did not work out. Back to Frontier. I have not experienced any on-going issues or unresolved problems with their customer service. I am not happy with the periodic increases in monthly charges and believe long time users and/or seniors should get more discounts than currently offered. Generally, I am satisfied with Frontier service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I think Frontier is expensive for what we get. They need more bundle options. I would like to make my own choice in what is in the bundle. When we have weather the picture often is interrupted. Other than that the picture is really good.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Price for all 3 features tv, internet and land-line are way too high. TV picture pixelates a lot at night for some reason. Internet stays up and is pretty fast. Cable boxes fail and need to be rebooted a lot also.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I felt the installation could have been much better. Like using the exterior access that was already there. Supplied what they said they would. No slow down or caps. Told them what I wanted and they delivered. Have not had to call them for anything.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have had Frontier for years, and they have been almost the only option in my rural area. Initially, I was not happy with my service (constantly dropping service and weeks to get a tech out). After filing a complaint, they have updated their local hub. I could not be happier with my service, and I have recommended them to several of my friends and neighbors.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have had trouble with Frontier for many years. At one point they were the only game in town for our rural area. Their mentality is that they are the only game in town. I expressed my dissatisfaction to them on multiple occasions. They conned me into upgrading to their highest available internet package. This shows that I was more than willing to pay for a service but expected equal service in return. Once I canceled they hit me with a $10.00 disconnect fee. Talk about a slap in the face. If there is ANY other option I would suggest taking it. Two tin cans and a string would work better than Frontier Communications.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Frontier provides good and reliable signal, using the fiber optic cables provided by Verizon. This provider is too expensive. There are adequate number of channels. Service is good. I can view my service online and pay online.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Pro, reasonably priced in comparison to other providers. Con, frequent service outages, interruptions in my area. Overall better total quality for cost and channel package versus Xfinity and Spectrum in my area.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Too expensive, too many freezes, cost to come out for repair, don't follow thru on promises. Protection plan should be included. Customer service representative

Hard to hear and understand. Charges for every box in house. Long wait for customer service.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

Waited over 30 minutes to speak to a rep. Determined Frontier DVR is bad, rep said it would cost $75 to send tech out. They are mailing me a new one, who knows how long that will take. Have always had billing and service problems with them, now looking to switch providers. They also take channels away and keep charging the same amount!

Frontier Communications Company Information