Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I decided to upgrade my internet speed because I was paying $34.99 for 15/5. On the front page there was a 50/50 for $40.00 for new customers, which I thought I could maybe do as an upgrade. The person I talked to on the phone said they could do that. My bill comes around and it's $65.00. I call and I get a guy named Joseph, who I'm pretty sure is the same guy I talked to last month. He asks for my account number and pulls up the wrong account. So everything I said he was going, "Nu uh! Nu uh!" like a three year old. We eventually get my account pulled up and he basically just says that $65.00 a month is correct and basically just "oh well" that somebody told me it'd be $40; I still had to pay the full bill.

If they couldn't do 50/50 for $40 that's fine - but I'm upset that I was initially told that they could and was then charged something else. I asked to speak with somebody else and he gave me 1-888-597-4738 as the number for the billing department. The number doesn't work, and Google comes up with nothing for that number, so I'm pretty sure he was just blowing me off.

I'm currently three days without a TV signal and Frontier Fios has yet to send a tech repairman. Day one dealing with tech support they were unable to do anything to help the problem via sending signals and turning system on and off. Promised to send tech repair next day. Gave me a Ticket #. Next day no show. Called back and was told there was no Ticket #. I gave them the Ticket # I was given and they had no record of it. They gave me another repair ticket # and said repairman will be at home between 0800 and 1200. No show. Called back and asked to speak to supervisor was told that repairman will show up before 5 PM. Still waiting. No TV for three days now.

Frontier disconnected our business account and we have lost sales for the last few days - no phone, no internet, no cameras for security. Very very irresponsible on their part because of some 1 year old billing issue that carried over from Verizon. Frontier send a "temp disconnect" letter for 3-22-17 - they did a complete disconnect on 3-20-17 before we could contact them. Our bills have been paid every month. Now they claim I have to reapply for a new account and it will take up to 7 days to get service. This is unacceptable... They continue to provide incompetent at every level.

Last year I spoke to 3 people in billing (April, July, Oct) to resolve this issue and each time they told me it would be taken care of. Every time it took over 1 hour to explain how convoluted my account has been since the transition - it was suppose to be very easy - 1 phone line and 1 high-speed internet line for $125/month. They billed me for multiple lines and said we owed over $1K. I was forced to pay $800 because they cut off all our service yesterday - 2 days before the date on their letter.

We sent all the info again to a billing dept supervisor today and told him their customer support dept told us our service would be restored by midnight this morning (again yesterday they disconnected us). I've been talking with the supervisor for a couple hours today and waiting to hear back from him on when our service would resume today. No call yet and then I find out he is on the east coast so I called from another supervisor - 5 transfers, two hang-ups, and 1 hour later after explaining to each of them what is going on before they could connect me to a supervisor.

How frustrating it is to deal with this company!!! Their CEO, COO, CFO and board members should be on my end of this issue. If we had another provider at our mall, we and other tenants would switch in a heartbeat. It's very unfortunate in the year 2017 that a monopoly that has the worst customer service even exists. Help!!! Help!!! Help!!! A very frustrated customer.

I had Verizon Fios and it was great. Verizon sold out to Frontier and everything went into the toilet! Internet down, TV down, Phone Down. Had cables replaced, had entire lines outside replaced, had multiple boxes replaced and I never got normal service. I left and went to Time Warner and they ended up being just as bad. I went back to Frontier three weeks ago and have had nothing but problems since. Internet out, check, TV out, Check, Phone out, Check, Horrendous customer service double check. I have now been on the phone for over two hours, disconnected three times and I still cannot get anyone to help me. This company needs new leadership as they are the absolute worst in customer care! No one comes close to how bad this company is in not providing basic customer service.

We had Verizon Fios for telephone, television and Internet. Unfortunately, they sold out to Frontier, and they have the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life. It is a full-time job trying to get anyone who knows what they are doing, and even when they finally set an appointment to send out a tech, they don't show up. Then you spend another several hours going through the exact same process. I've never experienced such bad service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Long story short... I called the day before thanksgiving 2016 to get a quote on their cable and internet. The guy said he would call me back "tomorrow" to finish giving me a quote, I said okay. He never called back, so I left it at that. In December 2016, I get a Voicemail about an "Appt." for a technician to go to my place to install the services I ordered? I immediately called them and she said no problem, she would just cancel my appointment. Then I checked my credit report and Frontier had ran my credit! I NEVER gave them my social, my address, my DOB, NOTHING, all I simply did was call to get a quote. So I called and the lady told me there was no account with my number, so I had nothing to worry about. I messaged the director directly informing her that I need their name off of my credit report ASAP!

Then a couple of days later, I get another voicemail about a technician going to install services. So I called again and they said they would cancel. So then the "Office of the President" for Frontier emailed me, so I called her and she tells me that they have an account for me, where a technician installed services under my name at my address, and has been active since JAN 4, 2017!? I told her all of this is fraud because I never ordered anything, never opened my door to no technician, and now I have a bill! ETC, ETC,... She said I was correct and said "Her employees will need more training" which they really REALLY DO. She said she would take care of my account and cancel my account. 2 weeks later I get a bill from FrONTIER!! This company is fraud, unprofessional, ETC! They are making fake accounts for people and billing them for something that was never ordered and running their credit without permission!

Frontier is the worst communications provider. My Verizon service expired and I called Frontier to find out my options. Long story short, I did not receive the pricing I was quoted and my bill this month doubled. The rep I spoke with today told me it was wrong, even though the info was documented in their notes. I spoke to a 2nd line manager who said numerous time "he apologized", but essentially did nothing. Frontier did credit my account, but I still do not have the package I was quoted. Very poor service.

I have to call Frontier all of the time. They are probably the worst company I have every had to deal with. Either my account is wrong, the account is overcharged, I am not receiving the features that I am paying for, etc. The customer service folks are nice but horrible, horrible - no ability to resolve a problem unless you go through a half dozen of them and start complaining. I just spent 2 hours on the phone trying to fix a bill from an acct that I closed in July 2016 that somehow has a mysterious charge to it, which they required that I pay. I zeroed out the bill when I left. That happened one other time, I had the bill zeroed out and the account closed and they sent me a bill for a movie charge.

Last weekend, I had to go through 6 reps and FOUR hours to get a password reset on my account so that I could use the features online. I called to order a channel for my husband on Vday and the rep told me that they didn't have the channel. After review, I found that it was on their channel list. So, I had to upgrade my package. The rep gave me a price and when I got my bill it was DOUBLE what she told me. So then I had to call in and had to speak to 2-3 reps to figure out that problem and why I was lied to.

I have been paying for channels that I can't receive - in particular the music channels. Every time I call in, they don't know why or they say that it has something to do with the Verizon to Frontier transfer. Finally after 7 months, a tech came over and "fixed it". When I opened my current account, it took a half dozen visits for the tech to get my PHONE working. Finally the last guy came and said that the idiots before him were idiots and he was kind of like "the closer" that actually knew how to provide tech service. I literally started to tear up since I hadn't had my services to work from home for over 2 weeks due to their inability.

I think that Frontier purposely has a front line of incompetence to stop customers. That way, customers get fed up and won't argue with the extra fees or overcharges. I am so so so much done with them. I don't understand why no higher power does anything - why they are allowed to conduct business this way. I am so tired of wasting my time talking to them... so over it.

It is now March 17, 2017. In July of 2016 I bought my own router from eBay (same model as what I paid frontier 9.99 a month for). By July 25th I had contacted tech support and successfully activated my new/used router. I had also returned their router, and, yes, I have my UPS shipping label as proof, and UPS website confirms that it was shipped to and received by Frontier 7/28/2016. The charges still appear month after month and there isn't any record of my calls back then, so now billing still has to send this ticket over to ? so that it gets investigated.. (that's what they told me back in September and October of 2016.)

Last Sept I had a pending credit on my account online while the representative had me on the phone, ensuring me that I would get this "partial credit" for what I had been billed and a stop to equipment charges on my next bill. They couldn't even retro REFUND me for using my own EQUIPMENT!! seriously..:-( Here we are in March and my contract is over, I am ready to celebrate. Would be nice if all that credit could pay off my last balance with them, but I doubt it'll happen that way. Worst customer service ever!

I was on the phone for over an hour with two operators so Frontier could gave me a month to month rate, but I wanted to see the terms and conditions before placing the order, and they simply couldn't send it to me without placing an order, and getting the installation in motion. They don't want you to see the contract before you order. What if in writing, their policies about cancellation or service transferability was different from what they are telling me, as many of their complaints claim? They put me on hold to transfer me to their customer care department, at which point I was simply hung up on.

This is not a negative on the people on the phone, they were doing the best they could for me, but it's simply in the way the system is set up. They obviously don't want to show you the terms of the contract until you're on the hook. Spectrum was able to provide what I was looking for with 20 minutes on the phone. Unfortunately they don't have FiOS, but I'm going to have to settle for cable because I've completely lost confidence in Verizon / Frontier after this conversation.

New Service - Tech Never Showed! Worst experience ever. Had to call 6 different times to see what happened to the technician that was scheduled to come to my home. The supervisor Brian #** was very nonchalant about the service and said companies always have reviews. Had to call my bank to make the disputes on charges they made. I will never ever use this company - Worse company!!!

I have contacted Frontier 5 times now on same issue. My bill is double the number it should be. I keep on getting excuses as to why credit wasn't applied the last time I call. For an internet provider to have such horrible customer service and reviews to boot I would say keep it up and you will find yourself out of business. By the way I was a former Verizon customer here in Florida and never had an issue until Frontier obtained account. I have not disconnected yet but next call to frontier will absolutely be my last if issue isn't finally corrected. To anyone thinking of signing up with Frontier I would say just look at these reviews.

I HAD Frontier when Verizon switched over to them. The very 1st month after the switch I received a bill of $527 which was up by 300% from the month before under Verizon. After 10 months of trying to get this corrected I tried to get them to just cancel my account and start all over and open a new account in my wife's name and we could start anew. Everything was working okay on the changeover and I was told that they would have to change my phone number by one digit and make the last 4 numbers from ** to ** for a few days to get the account in my wife's name. I was told that I would need some different equipment "i.e." a modem and they came out and installed it on a Friday. The number changed as they said it would and I called on the next Monday to find out when the number would be changed back to ** only to find out that THEY discontinued both numbers and accounts.

Since I was paid in advance they say I have a credit of $130 and I will have to wait 90 days to get my refund. When they cancelled my service they took my old phone number with them that I have had for over 20 years. I can't get that number back so I can transfer it to a credible service. Being a customer of Frontier has been a total nightmare.

This is the worst customer service company I've ever dealt with. So when you plan to cancel your service do not continue with autopay because you will be told your refund comes in 90 days in a form of a Visa prepaid card. This came after I called several times and got all kinds of excuses, and their supervisors are useless like the employees. Glad to get rid of them. I just want my money.

Frontier Communications is the Worst Service Ever. Our phone cracks and pops all the time. Our internet service download speed is <0 to a few Kbps. It has been like this for years and when we call the techs never show up for appointments. Customer reps are rude on the phone and even hang up sometimes.

A month ago I decided to turn my landline off and just keep the Internet. Frontier screwed up and disconnected my internet. That was a month ago and they still haven't been able to fix it. They also have set up 6 appointments and didn't show up. I stayed home 6 days all day and no one showed up. The 2 times out of the month someone did show up they were unsuccessful. The first 2 guys fell asleep in their car. The second guy I caught smoking pot in his car! They were not expecting me to go outside to talk to them. This company will be out of business in no time. Bat ** crazy company with no integrity.

MORE THAN DOUBLED PRICE FOR JUST 25 Mbps INTERNET SERVICE ONLY! Verizon unloaded me onto Frontier with little notice and NO notice of the expired promotional rate. Okay, the promotion expired, but get this: they put me on a rate ($75) that was HIGHER than even the current full rate for twice the speed! When I called to correct the bill, they explained because the huge jump in bill (from $30/mo to $75/mo) they could not make any corrections and put me on the correct pricing/speed because I had just gone over $100 past due. So I was 'trapped' or 'locked' into continuing on the inflated rate of $75/mo for 25Mbps until I could catch up with the bill. Worst of all, they attempted to cancel my account with about an hour on the phone and then in the end, said the system will not allow me to cancel my account since it is past due. Organized crime, practically. I miss Verizon. Good riddance, Frontier! Filing BBB complaint now.

I have not had a Frontier stress free month for last 6 months. I have spent hours at a time working to resolve the problems only to find the next month they are not resolved. I still have not received a credit for the DOUBLE payment they withdrew from my account this month on the 3rd. I spent 2 weeks in my new home 6 months ago waiting on installation. When I called (and I called multiple times) they said my installation had been cancelled. They said it was their fault and they would waive the installation fee.

The next 4 months were spent explaining this situation to multiple customer service reps, who would argue that their company would never waive an installation fee. So I finally got a competent rep who waived the fee for me. But guess what? Yep. The next month the fee was back! I am beyond frustrated at this point, so I tried one last time. And it worked. Fee waived. But then I got this double charge to my account. I'm fed up. I'll be looking for alternative internet providers right away. They didn't even deserve one hour of my time. Yet I gave them HOURS.

I have been dealing with Frontier for the last 3 weeks+. I have spent many hours on the phone, talked to service techs, rebooted 20+ times. After the first week I did get internet back but slow. 2.81 down (good). Up times of 0.20 up. Paying for 0.80 up. Slows system down. 3 tech's have been fixing their feed and still do not have the connection I had before the phone line static (no dial tone however the internet was work with no problem). Very annoyed with this issue.

My wife and I were extremely happy customers with Verizon. I was born and raised in the Tampa Bay area and grew up on Time Warner which eventually became Bright House. Back in those days their service was not good (early to mid 2000s) and when Verizon put Fios down I think a huge amount of market share jumped over, myself included.

By the time we bought our house last September, Verizon had already sold everything to Frontier. The first month or so, when we were still in our apartment, service appeared dodgy. Channels would drop, internet would drop, we would have extremely limited access to the premium content we were paying for (actually paying more for under Frontier than we ever were under Verizon). But it was still "ok" and we assumed it was just "growing pains".

After we closed on the house we had every intention of staying with Frontier and giving them a fair shot. The sellers told us they had been Verizon customers so we assumed it would be an extremely simple "call and switch" thing. Unfortunately they were either wrong or misinformed as they were Bright House customers. I discovered this by calling Frontier to get service activated to the house, only after a moderately alarming hour-long hold. So I said, "Well, ok, they weren't Frontier/Verizon customers, that's fine. Let's go ahead and get everything switched over. What do we need to do?"

They told me the earliest appointment they had was in two weeks (hahaha). Two weeks to, for all intents and purposes, acquire a new customer. That was pretty much all I need to know. They were a garbage provider and this page proves it. We called Bright House/Spectrum the same night and they were out by 11AM the next day, the entire house was connected and ready by 1 PM and we haven't had an outage since (6 months). Pleasantly surprised with their GUI improvements too.

I cancelled my phone and tv service 7 days before the start of my billing cycle. First I was paying too much and my rent is going up. I have no phone and no TV services. Turned off per my request. BUT they expect me to pay for 30 days for services I no longer have.

The State of California need to fine and have Frontier give everyone their money back. Last year when Verizon sold to Frontier I was without service for three months. Now my bill goes up every month. I have to call every month and complain. I have been without service for the past 6 days. Frontier promised me a Amazon gift card and now since I have been complaint and tweeting about their service they said I wasn't going to get it. So I just cancelled my service. I call the corporate office and they don't care. They need to be taken out of business. Poor service, poor customer service and just a horrible company overall.

Since Verizon made the switch to Frontier in 2016, it's been nothing but headaches for me. Yah it doesn't matter if we've been with Verizon forever, they don't recognize or have any deals for us. It seems like they give much better deals to new customers. Bait-and-switch BS. Been trying to get my cable switched over to just local TV and for the past two months it still says Extreme HD.

Recently my service was disconnected even though I made an upcoming payment online. When I spoke with Customer Service, they told me it was faster to make an online payment arrangement. This is not true. They get you to call them and pay, and then made me go online to CANCEL the upcoming payment. Their chat feature is BS as well, I tried unsuccessfully to cancel my video/cable service as I recently found out I can do without and decided to get Sling TV.

I was also unsuccessful in trying to cancel my video/cable service when I called them. Almost 1 hour on hold and the poor customer service guy kept apologizing, they need to look at my account, etc. I know it's not his fault and he tried his best but wow, they really don't waste time to disconnect your services but once you want to disconnect from them and end your account, they take forever and a day in hopes I'll give up. No way Frontier, I got you now. I'll just keep my internet with you and go with my Amazon Fire Stick, Sling TV, and Netflix.

I moved and the area I moved to didn't offer Frontier Communications service. I had a 77.00 credit with them. They stated I would receive a return check within three months. I received an additional bill for 15.03 and inadvertently paid it in error. I have had many conversations with Frontier Communications. Bottom line is they are as disreputable a business I have done business with in my 69 years. They lied and fabricated events and charges to justify ripping me off. Will not do business with them again and take every opportunity to notify friends and neighbors both in Florida and New Hampshire.

First of all. Please do not go to Frontier Communications to provide for your internet or cable. For those of you who live in Florida we all know that Verizon switch over to Frontier. This company is Horrible. First, I made a deposit with Verizon so then Verizon ended up switching to Frontier. Verizon stated they transferred all my information to Frontier. They are the one that need to refund my deposit. When I called Frontier they asked me for proof, so I sent all my bank statements so therefore I have proof that I made a $250 deposit right? It was around June 2016. They kept telling me we have to contact Verizon in order for them to process the claim.

At first I was ok with everything, not until every time I called they kept giving me excuses over on top each other. They hang off the phone on my face, switch the phone to another representative. They were very rude. They make it seems like I was asking for free money. To make to story short I said I'm not going to pay them until they give me my deposit back. Let me tell you they never Did. I've spent almost 8 months without a cable and Internet. I called them this year March 2017 because my apartment only accepts Frontier. They don't accept Bright House. I ending up paying the $250 to get my service restored. They said they will send somebody on Saturday to install the service for me. The person never showed up.

When I called them I found out The technical person came to my apartment and they claim there's was no one there. That's a lies. I've spent the all day at my house. Not once I heard one knock at my door. So how the hell they came to my apartment for me not to hear somebody is at the door. Are you kidding ME??? What kind of lies is this. That's when I said to them how come they didn't call me. Well I found out the representative put a false phone number in my account. That's crazy right? And then the lady tried to say that I am the one who provided them with a false number. Why would I provide a false cellphone number when I just paid $250 to have my service restored? Are you serious??? Even if I was drunk I would never provide a false number. They showed me no mercy nor sympathy. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO FRONTIER Communications. If you don't want to go to through the same thing as me.

Awful service and they can't figure out what's wrong. I am basically paying for the worst Internet service that I have ever had. It's worse than using dial up back in the 90s. It's keeps cutting in and out for wi-fi and connections direct to the modem. Then there are the times when the Internet is just all the off for like an hour. They've sent out 3 techs so far and they clearly don't know what they're doing, especially the first guy who was clearly high, but I figure that if Frontier wants to keep paying contractors to do something that should have been done right the first time, then I'll have them out here every week. The only reason why we haven't switched is because the only other option where I live is Spectrum and I just can't afford their 100.00 installation fee right now (times are very tough for us). I will never recommend Frontier to anyone. And customer service reps are very unprofessional and more familiar than I am comfortable with.

I was approved for the territory, billed, money was taken out of my bank account and when I did not received any communication via email, I called and found out that I was NOT in the approved territory and there was NO account opened for me! I called my bank and $59.00 had been taken out of my account by Frontier. I called Frontier and they confirmed that money had been withdrawn and would be returned to my account. SADLY this is what gives us older seniors heart attacks! We do not need this stress! Now, I have to look for the next 10 days for the money to be returned to me. SAD, SAD, SAD, SAD!!!

I went to Frontier's website to see the special prices for internet service. It asked me to put in my address to verify I was getting the correct prices, so I did. So I am looking over the prices on the page, contact Frontier and I asked about internet service. I was told I could 7mbps and a phone for 59.99. "Well on your site it says I can get 24mbps for 39.99 no phone in the package." I was told that was not for my area. So I ran the search again with my address and it came back again. I was told those prices were wrong not for my area. So I was told the website was wrong. I said, "So those prices are what's getting us to call and you are not honoring the prices on your page and you're pushing home phone when that is not what people want." Then I was told if I want internet it would higher. So for people that live in south St Pete looks like we pay more than the people that lives on the north side of St Pete, FL. Bad business Frontier.

Every month I have to call these clowns to dispute my bill. Excuses for why they can't issue credits, always adding fees and an endless string of lies. Since taking over my Fios account from Verizon I have gone months without a phone, which eventually was determined to be their fault - refused to give credit. Cable goes out frequently - takes days or weeks for them to address - no credits issued. Sent back program boxes - no credit appeared on bill, called and complained - said it would show up on the next bill - it didn't. Many, many calls to "Supervisors" all over the country who promise to get things resolved - then magically disappear when the problem comes up the following month. I called last month to cancel, customer service rep pleaded to try and get me to stay - said bill would be down to $113, no contract and no changes. Bill this month - $205.

Most of my channel lineup has been deleted and same story from customer service - "I don't know what happened" blah, blah, blah. I'm done - Do yourself a favor and run from this company! I never had any problems when Verizon owned the FIOS service. It's not the infrastructure - it's the people running it. Frontier FIOS should be the case study for universities everywhere on how NOT TO RUN A BUSINESS.

Since September 2016, in Statesboro, GA, Frontier Communications has rarely been able to provide an acceptable level of service for 30 consecutive days. They are constantly having slowdowns, and outages. On one occasion we were without service for 18 days and currently it has been 25 days. I am suspecting that Frontier Communications is going bankrupt and is trying to hide it. Customer Service is polite but useless, as always. I don't want apologies I want my internet to work.

Frontier Communications Company Profile