Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.22/5
Based on 1,132 ratings submitted in the last year

Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

View More View More

4569 Frontier Communications Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My set top box locked up and I could not get it to reboot at 8 PM on 2/7/19. I called Frontier technical support and talked to Angela. She talked me through several steps and she did some too. She was polite and professional. In a short period of time, she got my set top box to reboot, and I was back up and running. Thank you Angela.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Just wanted to say THANKS for the service. I just moved house only 3 miles away, to a home that didn't have service. I called the customer service rep and they sent Kevin ** to my residence for the hookup. Kevin worked late on a Saturday to ensure all my systems were connected and working properly. Service was needed as I work from home. Big thanks to Kevin ** for a job well done and putting the customer first.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I'm surprised to see all the 1-star reviews. I was previously using Comcast/Xfinity but got tired of getting nickel and dimed by Comcast. They were charging me rent just to use their router. Finally I switched to Frontier FIOS and couldn't be happier. The price is half what Xfinity was charging and the upload speed is WAY faster. The installation only took about 15 minutes and the tech was really nice. Very professional all-around. Congrats, you now have a customer for many years to come, thank you!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I had a very pleasant and helpful communications experience with Lianne - Frontier Social Media services and she was able to resolve my issue with them to my full satisfaction. I attempted to split invoice cost with Frontier, but they waived the entire dispute amount, which I'm very happy with.

Original review: July 21, 2019

If I could have rated no stars...I would have. :( They took forever installing my service back in Feb 2019, have the cable cord that was supposed to be buried in the ground. The worker never came back out to bury it. I called about the situation and ended up having my internet switched without my permission. I called over 3 times and each time I was hung up on!!! I hate a switched and will be cancelling my service asap!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: July 20, 2019

We sold our house and moved out on the 19th. I called on the 20th to cancel service and I was told our new billing cycle began on the 20th so I would be charged for the whole month. Also, there is a $9.99 processing fee. Also, an early termination fee. Don't recall ever agreeing to a two-year term. We have been with them for 18 months. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told: "I'm the account manager". Would not allow me to speak to the supervisor.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have had countless problems with Frontier & the worst part is customer service trying to resolve ANYTHING! Most recently, I can't even pay my bill despite trying! I log in and no account is linked. I can't link an account. I try to chat service, I wait 40 minutes to get a person to chat, it disconnects, no help. I call customer service, she confirms no account connected... I say yes, that's the issue. She says it's been a problem for a few days. I reply, I have tried over a month and the bill is now overdue.

She can CHARGE me to pay over the phone. I tell her I want it fixed so I can pay online & set up auto-pay. She says, I can keep waiting to see if it fixes itself. OMG, it hasn't fixed itself in a month! I ask who can I talk to to get it fixed. Nobody?! What?! Nobody?! I can pay a fee to pay you now or just keep waiting to see if it fixes itself. This, after having to have 3 different installers come out to even get installed and actually work! If I can attach a picture of the account message I will.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Signed up on 7/1/19 for $54 a month and was promised $100 gift card and Amazon Prime free for a year. Had to wait 9 days for a technician to come set it up... After set up I found out Amazon Prime did not come free. Then I received a call from their sales team, a week after the service was finally set up and working, that I could upgrade for FREE to faster service. That was not true either, my bill increased and when I called in about this, they completely shut off my original internet service, leaving me with nothing. They said they would come back out for 10 days to re-setup the service but the faster internet I was promised for FREE (which wasn't) was not even available in my neighborhood!

This company is the most disorganized company I've ever dealt with, causing their customer service to be the absolute worst, I've ever dealt with. I canceled and can only imagine what kind of fees they are going to try to charge me with. I spent a combined 9 hours on the phone and on hold with them, I will never get back. They also drilled a hole in my wall when they set up the internet so I also have that to remember this terrible experience.

Original review: July 18, 2019

When we first signed up with Frontier, they promised a fast speed of internet, but in reality, we couldn't even download a movie onto a device because the wifi speed was so slow. During the short time we were a customer of Frontier, I was verbally given my account number by a customer service person over the phone. When I set up a user name and password for said account number, I found out that I had complete access to someone else's account. I called Frontier to inform them of this error, and they gave me my correct account number and didn't seem very concerned that they had given me access to another customer's account. I was only a customer of Frontier for about 6 months before I cancelled and signed up with their competition, who was able to provide much much much faster wifi speeds.

I have not been a customer of Frontier for several years now, and all of a sudden, a couple of months ago I started receiving monthly statement emails for one of their customers. Obviously, the statement is not mine since I'm not a customer, but clearly belongs to another customer of theirs. Last month, I spent a great deal of time calling Frontier to let them know and asked them to please remove my email address from anything related to Frontier, especially the customer I was specifically receiving emails for. I was assured by customer service that my email address had been removed and I would no longer receive emails for their customer.

Much to my dismay, I just received yet another email statement for the same customer. Clearly, my email address is still attached to his account. I really hate leaving bad reviews, but after multiple attempts to get any level of service from Frontier, I give up. I'm just going to have to block their emails and try and get the word out to others. YOUR INFORMATION IS AT RISK! They don't seem to care that they share their customer's information with others.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have photos that I’ve taken of the upload speed on my PS4 being 17.5 kbps and my download speed being 332.9 kbps! KBPS! No joke. We pay almost 80.00$ a month for high speed internet through Frontier. My husband and I have both called to address this issue. We’ve had customer service say, “hmm” and tell us to check the speed on a website they recommend while we’re on the phone. Then when we’ve reported it’s abysmal... It’s just more “hmmm” or “not sure why it’s like that”. Or you just wait on hold and get hung up on. There are daily outages. A few months ago they shut us off over being 7.00$ short on a bill! We’ve been Frontier customers for 10 years! Living in a rural area forces some people to use their awful service. We live in central Indiana. If I could give Frontier 0 stars I would! Please avoid this service provider if you can help it.

Original review: July 17, 2019

We had been loyal Verizon customers with any issue or concern addressed immediately and resolved. Frontier took over Verizon internet and home phone services and the drama began. I have a log of all the phone calls to Frontier regarding excessive charges for basic cable/internet/home phone service over $165 monthly.

In April 2019 I called to complain about receiving new charges of over $200 a month for basic services. I was told it was because I no longer had the loyalty discount, I continue to complain about the amount I was already paying. I was transferred to the retention department, spoke to a representative that recommended I start new service to receive a better rate, the only catch was I had to change our home phone number. The bill would go from $165.00 to $99 monthly This call lasted approx. 45 minutes, I agreed. The services were to begin early May 2019. The services did not begin, but the current services were turned off.

I called at 11 a.m to speak to someone about the services, was transferred to three different people, call lasted 1 hr. 10 minutes. I have a job, had to get back to it. Later that afternoon called on my way home, transferred around to many (4-6) people, no one could explain what happened. I have an 85 year old father who's lifeline is the home phone. I asked to have the services turned back on and I would look for other services, call lasted 3 hours, missed my family dinner, beyond upset and frustrated. The customer service department needs and lacks so much training. Only because I am in Human Resources did I stay on the line that long, plus I wanted to ensure that my father would have his phone and T.V. services restored. It is difficult enough to deal with his dementia, and now to take away the two things he relies on daily.

Needless to say I have left them and began services with another provider for $60 monthly. I did overpay Frontier by $105, which I am now being told that I could expect to receive my refund some time in September? They have stated that they need to ensure no other charges are pending against this account, which was closed May 25, 2019. Really? Interestingly I found information on the web from Frontier stating that once canceling services with them, you can expect a refund within 60 days of cancellation in a form of a pre-paid MasterCard. That should put my refund back by early August. I would like to start an action class lawsuit with them. Any takers?

Original review: July 17, 2019

My wife and I just moved to Spencer WV from Maine, so I set up the installation of Frontier Internet and Phone in advance. The idea was to be hooked up a day or two after we arrived. They gave us a window of 9am to 1pm. We waited the entire time and they didn't show. When I called, they said the tech was there, but no one was home (not true)! So they never admitted it was their mistake and scheduled us EIGHT DAYS LATER! Here we are in a remote area of WV with no phone (cellphones don't work), no internet and worries about safety.

My wife and I are retired and are being treated for some medical issues. Eight days go by, our window this time was 8am to noon, again no show! This time when I called they said they didn't come out because no one answered the confirmation call on the cellphone that don't work out here! When I set up the original appt they NEVER said anything about confirmation calls! So now I'm scheduled EIGHT MORE DAYS LATER!!! Fortunately my wife's brother lives just up the road and I'm going to wait for the call there! I have spent HOURS on the phone with their agents and they say they can't break from the confirmation call protocol! Wish us luck...Pray for us!

Original review: July 17, 2019

Customer service you say? It’s non existent. Our internet service has been abysmal for two years, and we have had numerous techs in our home and up and down the street to no avail. Our router blinks off at least 25 times a day and my wife and I work out of the house, and trouble free internet is important. When calling customer service, the wait time is long enough to fall asleep. Two days ago my wife was on hold for over an hour, and finally a rep from another country had all kinds of excuses. At one point putting us on hold to research something and assured that she will be back, explaining to “stay on the line". We kept the line open only to be disconnected after 5 minutes with no return call. (She asked for our number in case she needed to call back!) This company just needs to go out of business.

Original review: July 17, 2019

This company is hands down the worst I've ever experienced. This company was supposed to back date my service in May. I had to call 7 times to check the status. Called this week and experienced rude inexperienced representatives and a supervisor who tried to over talk me. Her name was Jenice. Each agent tried to over talk me and finally I received an team lead that sounded like she knew what she was doing and was helpful after I had been transferred several times and on the phone for 5 hours off and on (no exaggeration). You would think that a company would pride themselves on customer service. Not this one. I'm looking into other options in my area. So disappointed. And I will continue to report them based on this experience.

Original review: July 16, 2019

After 4 months of intermittent service and 15 hours on the phone with Frontier, I gave up. Our internet would drop out at least 3 times an hour. I tried to have them fix it at on least 8 different occasions. The last one, I couldn't stay connected on the phone due to no wifi. My call was dropped twice and even though I asked them to call back if the call gets dropped (due to poor wifi), I never received a phone call back. To add insult to injury, when I canceled the service since I didn't really have service, I was told I would have to pay for services through the rest of the month AND I would be charged a disconnect fee.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Do not do it! It will be a complete utterly waste of your time and money!! I called Frontier to purchase internet through them. We ordered internet (the fastest speed in our location -- 18 Mbps) and it was supposed to be installed on Friday, in three days. The order process went smoothly and fine. Then I get a call from their customer service department later telling me that the internet service I purchased is not available at my location and that the only thing they were able to offer me was 3 Mbps. WHAT???!! The lowest package they have on their website is 6 Mbps. I was immediately irritated because they had already ran the credit report and the order had already been received and processed. I told them that I no longer want this service and to cancel the order.

The lady on the phone, I believe her name was Karissa, told me she could cancel the order but kept trying to talk me into just trying the 3 Mbps and see how it works out. I kept telling her no thanks, not interested because my phone wouldn't even work off that. She then proceeded to tell me, "Well we could give you 6 Mbps." I told her still no thanks. Then she kept trying to offer me the tv package, phone, and everything else they offer besides the internet. I told her NO, I want to cancel and be done with it. I want internet that is going to work if I am going to pay for it. She then got super rude and hateful and proceeded to scream and yell at me on the phone.

She was yelling to the point where I had to pull the phone away from my ear. They have awful customer service people and you are literally on the phone for an hour when you call or longer. They put you on hold over and over again. They suck! Think twice before you waste your time and money! The service sucks too. It is super spotty and cuts out constantly. The only reason we were going to go with them is because the person we bought the house from had Frontier 45 Mbps internet service. It hasn't even been 30 days since they moved out... Then frontier tells us they can only give us 3 Mbps.... **! Run, run far away!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 15, 2019

Was told installation would be done between 9 and noon on Saturday, No show. Called CS and was told “He’s running late”. Was told Sunday morning that a tech would be here by noon. Another no show. Called Sunday evening to CS and was told “The customer service person lied to you. Tech in your area doesn’t work on Sunday.” Set another appt for Monday morning taking a day off work to be here. CS said they would put “Priority” on the installation and tech should arrive by 8. It’s 9am and nothing. I seriously think I made a BIG mistake. No shows and lying reps - what a way to introduce themselves to new customers. On a 0-10 scale, they are a big, fat zero!

Original review: July 13, 2019

What a horrible experience. They will tell you anything to sign up for their two year contract. Any company that wants you to sign a 2 year contract is not a company to values customer service. They get you to lock you up in an agreement because they how how horrible they are and they can't keep you once you experience how they do business. I've been waiting for two days at home waiting for their service guy to show up. They changed my appointment three times already and they keep me waiting at home for their guy to show up. They lied about having a spot available before I gave my SS # and signed me up for two years. After calling CS several times, nothing gets resolved. Horrible, deceiving and careless company. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: July 13, 2019

Frontier plays games with the speed packages on streets. They do this so they don't have to upgrade their system. I'm stuck on the 12/1 speed. I have been trying to upgrade my speeds for a couple months. I get the lies. It's just a way to keep one house at low speed and up next house high speeds. When that does not work toward evening internet slows down on the street. My next door neighbor was able to get the service with the 25/3 speed. No problem. I'm close to the hub. This is a skip trick. One house get the speeds. Frontier Communications is top worse internet company.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 11, 2019

I have had Frontier ATT for a supplier since they took over in 2011 from Verizon. Admitting that, also admits my stupidity for staying with them this long. Verizon bill was $36 per month; when Frontier took over the bill went to $73 per month. Since that time the bill has risen steadily to $140 per month which I paid for a while with occasional calls which did some good for a short period of time, but settled about $116 per month.

Finally, I had enough and started calling them to get the amount reduced. I got one employee that told me I had been paying for a phone also which was $40 per month, a Phone that I never had or wanted or knew about. He said look on your bill, and sure enough, there was a phone listed on my bill which I had never paid attention to. He said I will remove it, which he did. The bill dropped to $68 per month which I said was fine. The next month back up to $116. I called again, and went through the outrageous attack of the mechanical voice which asks you what do you want to talk about and gives you several options, none of which fit what you want to talk about. After frustration after frustration, I finally got to a to human which I stated Frontier owes me a lot of money back.

Of course we then the transfer to another to another until I connected with someone who indicated to me he was very important. After considerable talking he told me the package that I had included a phone and that was the only way it was available in my area. Conversation ended. I then found out that US Cellular had a device one plugs into ones computer and you have the internet. I talked to them and absolutely correct; I purchased a device for $50, plugged it in, and viola, internet for $40 per month.

I then called Frontier ATT and told them to cancel my service; who told me they could not cancel my service until the end of the next billing period. I told them to cancel it NOW, because I was no longer using it. After a rather heated discussion, I hung up. I also cancelled direct withdrawal pay from my checking account. 7 days later Frontier withdrew $112.48 from my checking account for another month of service which I had no intention of using. A trip to my bank to report an unauthorized withdrawal, at least put that money back into my bank account. Basically my experience with Frontier ATT has left me with the opinion that they are unreliable, terrible communicators, devious, unable to be trusted for honest service, and are not worth 1/4th of the money that they charge for service. A service which is considerably sub-standard compared to others.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 10, 2019

I have had this problem for a while now. Approximately every two months, Frontier will reduce my speed cap to around half of what I am paying for. Every time I contact, they have a list of steps they want me to go through, when in reality they just have to reset the cap. They start out by asking you to connect to the router with an ethernet cable, so that they can try and blame it on your distance from the router (even though my computer never moves). Who keeps an ethernet cable around?? Not many people. Then they have more questions to try and blame it on you, such as asking you how many devices are on the network, and what is the model number of your router? They have many things to help keep you in a runaround.

A while ago I stopped going through their steps, I tell them I have tested it with an ethernet cable right away, and that it happens every two months, and that they need to report it to their supervisor. I actually had a rep tell me that "they don’t put caps on accounts" ... uhhhh.... That’s how the whole account system works. You pay more for higher speeds. So that right there is just a lie. Now I tell them to report it to their supervisor, and within a couple days it’s back to normal, and then approximately two months later, it’s back down again. I am now documenting each time I contact and gathering data for a BBB report.

Original review: July 10, 2019

After being on hold 38 minutes, and being transferred from Doug to Kevin to Doug, WHO SOUNDED BORED AND AS THOUGH I CREATED THIS PROBLEM JUST TO VEX HIM. Terrible customer service. We had service on July 1st when ALL our phone lines for the business were out. Apparently this repair was overlooked at that time by Frontier. Now, less than 2 weeks, here we go again with their service department. We need to change providers.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I highly recommend NOT getting Frontier for your internet & TV service. We've gotten nothing but lies since day one. Called to get service explaining to them we needed good quality internet & TV and was told no problem. After having the service for a few weeks the internet stinks. Called to complain and then are told they only guarantee internet when connected directly through ethernet. Also was told at the time of signing up that we'd receive a $100 gift card after paying our first two bills only to now find out that you have to be with them 90 days. Called customer service tonight & was on hold for over 15 minutes to only be hung up on at 7:59 p.m. instead of clearing their call queue the correct way by actually talking to their customer. This company apparently only cares about getting money & not providing quality customer service or products.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 9, 2019

Our internet stopped working in the morning, we called and were told there was an outage in our area per their recorded message of Frontier technical support, and had to leave our phone numbers for their text message to confirm when issue was fixed, but we had never received messages. We couldn't reach the technical support dept directly at all because they simply disconnected the call after their recorded message was played. We ended up calling customer service dept and the person answered the call simply said she was going to transfer me to technical support without letting me finish the explanation, but instead I was actually transferred to retention dept. Maybe they thought I was on my way out and tried to save my account? I explained to the retention rep the whole situation and my frustration she sounded very comforting and said she found no outage in my area and would definitely find help for me.

She said she would talk to technical support and put me on a brief hold before she would transfer me, I was put on hold again, and less than a few minutes I began to hear the same recorded message about the outage in my area and asked me to leave a phone number so they can text me when issue is resolved, and then phone line was disconnected. Retention lady never came back to me. Worst service ever, not worth your time. This is fraudulent and lying to consumers for their bad service.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I've been paying for VOIP line for 5 years that I never used, I have my bill set to auto pay and never looked at it. I asked for a refund and they said no, it was on my bill so I can't have a refund. I never once used the service and I'd like a refund. $1500 for a service I never once used.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I should have read the reviews before ordering their service. Trying to disconnect is worse than trying to deal with customer service after ordering their service. My disconnect bill is more than my monthly bill. They hooked up the service but I suppose to unhook and ship it back to them. Are you kidding me???? I will leave it outside my door and they pick it up or not. I told some of my friends about Frontier and they ordered it so now I will let them know about the service to disconnect. This is BAD BAD BAD service. BEWARE!!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 6, 2019

I ordered Frontier Internet and phone. They scheduled my installation for today July 6th, 2019. For five days I receive daily texts confirming my installation appointment for today. I received a text today saying that my installation has to be moved to July 10th. I called customer service and they told me that when I made the order last week, their representative FORGOT to schedule a technician. And the representative today had the audacity to give me an attitude when I told him that was not my fault. This is not the way to start a relationship with a new customer. Very disappointing!

Original review: July 5, 2019

https://frontier.com/snowbirds_01 is a lie. Frontier doesn't honor their claims of "monthly fees suspended." I requested this service, for a vacation hold, yet was billed anyway, regardless of the ad I provided them. This ad constitutes false advertising.

Original review: July 5, 2019

A company who openly lies to you should be investigated. Worst customer service I ever seen. What a joke! Keep being told someone is coming and they never show. Then tech support cant seem to find any ticket info. They have a monopoly in my area and should be looked into by the Better Business Bureau.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 5, 2019

Service purchased for work use. Unfortunately the apartment I live in only offers this and a much slower competitor. Required me to pay for an install fee just to tell the installer I don't want them touching my equipment and will not remove a 10$/month fee for a modem that I don't want. They claim it's not part of the monthly billing and an add on but are unwilling to remove it from the account. Please be aware that what ever monthly plan you take you will be required to pay for their useless modem/router gateway equipment even if you own one.

Frontier Communications Company Information