Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Frontier Communications is a wireless network provider that offers services in 25 states. Frontier offers customers unlimited tech support, a steady connection and the same price for life. Visit its website to find out if its services are available in your state.

BOTTOM LINE

Frontier Communications has bundled internet, TV and phone options that work well for some people. It’s not available everywhere and reviews mention service issues, but some consumers report being satisfied with it.

PROS

• Fiber optic internet
  • Variety of plans
  • Bundle options

CONS

• Limited nationwide service

Top Frontier Communications Reviews We Found

I have had Frontier for years, and they have been almost the only option in my rural area ... I could not be happier with my service, and I have recommended them to several of my friends and neighbors.

My set top box locked up and I could not get it to reboot ... I called Frontier technical support and talked to Angela. She talked me through several steps ... She was polite and professional. In a short period of time, she got my set top box to reboot, and I was back up and running.

Frontier Communications Compare Offers

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

What is Frontier Communications?

Frontier Communications is a wireless network provider that offers TV, phone and internet services. Like its competitors, Frontier has bundled services at a lower price than its standalone options. Internet options include traditional high-speed internet and fiber optic internet. Frontier Communications partners with DISH Network to offer DISH TV.

Frontier Communications price

Frontier Communications' plans and pricing vary based on location, but monthly costs for bundles typically start at $54.99 a month. Router services fees are an additional $10 a month. The table below features sample costs for plans based in Texas.

CostSpeed
FiOS 50/50 Internet + TV$54.9950 Mbps
FiOS 500/500 Internet + TV$64.99500 Mbps
FiOS 50/50 Internet, TV + home phone$64.9950 Mbps
FiOS 1G service + TV$99.99940 Mbps download, 880 Mbps upload

Frontier Internet plans

Frontier Communications has three internet options: traditional high-speed internet, FiOS and Vantage. Check what’s offered in your location; services vary by area. Standalone internet service costs $27.99 to $44.99 a month.

• High-speed internet: Although it’s called high-speed, this is the slowest internet option from Frontier. It works well for basic needs like checking email and browsing the web.
  • FiOS by Frontier: This fiber optic option from Frontier works well for gaming and streaming. It’s available in three different tiers: 50 Mbps, 500 Mbps and 940 Mbps. The 940 Mbps speed is only available with FiOS Gig Service.
  • Vantage by Frontier: Vantage has speeds that reach up to 200 Mbps in some areas. It’s best for multiple-device streaming, including 4K video, and fast downloads.

Frontier cable plans

At the time of publication, Frontier Communications mostly offered cable plans bundled with internet service, not as standalone options. Only the Dish TV plan is available for separate purchase.

• FiOS TV: Frontier Communications’ basic cable option includes sports channels, lifestyle channels, reality TV and on-demand movies. Bundles start at around $55 a month.
  • Vantage TV: Vantage TV is Frontier’s comprehensive option and has sports, news, movies, entertainment and international channels. Cable/internet bundles start at $82.99 a month.
  • Dish TV: Dish TV plans range from about $60 a month up to $95 a month. Basic plans have 120 channels. The comprehensive plan has 250 channels.

Frontier Communications FAQ

Is Frontier Communications available in my location?
Frontier Communications has service in Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
What services does Frontier Communications offer?
Frontier Communications has internet, cable and phone services.
How fast is Frontier internet?
Frontier has high-speed internet as fast as 12 Mbps. This works well for most homes and small businesses. Vantage by Frontier reaches 200 Mbps in some areas, and FiOS is as fast as 1 Gbps. This is better for those needing much faster internet for gaming or streaming on multiple devices.
What channels are included in Frontier packages?
Channels vary based on package, but customers can access news, sports and lifestyle channels plus on-demand movies and international channels.

Is Frontier Communications good?

Frontier Communications has had issues in the past with delivering reliable service. The company declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy in April 2020, but it continues to offer service to customers. Some reviews mention being satisfied with Frontier Communications services. If the pricing and services offered seem fair to you, Frontier Communications is worth considering.

Frontier Communications Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have had Frontier for years, and they have been almost the only option in my rural area. Initially, I was not happy with my service (constantly dropping service and weeks to get a tech out). After filing a complaint, they have updated their local hub. I could not be happier with my service, and I have recommended them to several of my friends and neighbors.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Our line was dead from outside. Once I was able to get a callback and talk to a real person, all went as it should. Customer service scheduled a person to come out the same day. They did and resolved the issue.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Gave us a free year of amazon prime for free just for being customers and their internet speeds are fast and hundreds of channels. They also help a lot when there is a issue with the set top box or tv and their website for customer service is great too. They also have many ways to pay and can extend bill periods reasonably.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 30, 2020

It's a SCAM. When signing up they said there is no contract. After 9 months of usage, when I am moving out they added a penalty of $69.85. Long discussion with Customer Service when I asked the proof for signing the contract, they created a dispute. Within 3 months, I received the collection notice during the COVID situation. Don't sign with Frontier.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 29, 2020

I have had to call numerous times over the last 4 months to get an issue resolved. Still not fixed and get nothing but a run around. Not allowed to speak to Managers about issues. Wish other providers was available! Frustrated and angry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 28, 2020

Updated on 06/05/2020: I have been trying since March 9th to have the internet line that goes to my house buried. It has been run across a busy residential street and gets run over multiple times a day. This has resulted now in several internet disconnections. It would not be as big a deal if I were not working at home now. I have had multiple service people come and tell me that can't do anything about it. I posted on this site and someone reached out to me. However, still no resolution and now I have no internet. I am fed up with this company!

Original Review: I requested internet service to my new home back in mid-February. A technician came out on March 9th and ran an internet line. No problem there. We are getting internet. However, the technician told me that the internet line would be buried that week. It was not. I called back and another service technician came back but said they could not bury the line. They said engineering would call me. They never did. I have called and this has repeated several times since March. It is now almost June and still nothing. The line is run across a busy residential road. Multiple cars run over it daily. It has broken twice causing service issues that have taken a couple of days. I work mostly from home now, so this is my lively-hood that is affected. I am frustrated because I am getting nowhere trying to get this resolved by having the line buried like it was supposed to be back in March.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 26, 2020

If you want pathetic internet & phone service, this is your company. Your service will go down for extended periods of time every week. When you call tech support, you are treated like it is your fault that the service is down. Your account is never credited for the time down due to Frontier Communications issues. This company should be audited & its customers should be issued refunds for Frontier not holding up their end of the contract. The only bright spot within Frontier Communications is a Field Technician named Nick (he is prompt & knowledgeable).

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 23, 2020

I signed up for Frontier's internet service for my small business. My company relies on consistent web service to function. Since setting up Frontier's internet service, we have experienced service outages nearly once a month and often for multiple days. Each time I have experienced a service outage, I have contacted Frontier's customer support to try and get more information about when my service will be back up. Responses have ranged from unhelpful (your service is down, we'll let you know when it's back up again) to downright rude (ending the online chat or hanging up on me when I request more information or to talk to a supervisor). Further, I was flabbergasted when I was told by product support each time that they don't have access to a supervisor or Frontier staff in general, so they couldn't escalate my concern or even let me know what the problem was.

In the end, I have had to endure multi-day service outages that effectively shut down my business. At no time has Frontier addressed my concerns or even reduced my monthly bill to compensate for these outages. I have been paying full price for spotty service while my business has suffered. I want out of my contract and I want to be fairly compensated for downtime.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 22, 2020

Have nothing but billing problems since starting the service. Problems never corrected after 5 phone calls. Supervisor was useless as well. Was told no installation fee but once the bill came, there were installation fees. No one can remove the fees or correct the bills. Was told manager will call within 24 hours but no one call until my service was disconnected. No one can help removing the fees but only want to take your payment. Use a different provider if you can.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 19, 2020

I cancelled triple play service in November due to 80% price change. Asked and received a box with pre-printed UPS label to ship the equipment back in. November 29 I did so. And was expected to receive $40 that Frontier own me. Instead in later January 2020 received a letter that states they billed me ~$300 and said they never received the items. Call them, when was asked for the tracking number I provide it. Was assured everything is fine. BUT... month later another letter comes. Same story. Call again, explain, provide, get assurance everything is fine and month later another letter. After situation was repeated 3 times I gave up. And as insult to injury I now received letter from Credit Control Corporation. Anyone else gone through this type of disaster with Frontier?

Frontier Communications Company Information