Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Frontier Communications is a wireless network provider that offers services in 25 states. Frontier offers customers unlimited tech support, a steady connection and the same price for life. Visit its website to find out if its services are available in your state.

BOTTOM LINE

Frontier Communications has bundled internet, TV and phone options that work well for some people. It’s not available everywhere and reviews mention service issues, but some consumers report being satisfied with it.

PROS

• Fiber optic internet
  • Variety of plans
  • Bundle options

CONS

• Limited nationwide service

Top Frontier Communications Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

I have had Frontier for years, and they have been almost the only option in my rural area ... I could not be happier with my service, and I have recommended them to several of my friends and neighbors.

My set top box locked up and I could not get it to reboot ... I called Frontier technical support and talked to Angela. She talked me through several steps ... She was polite and professional. In a short period of time, she got my set top box to reboot, and I was back up and running.

Frontier Communications Compare Offers

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

What is Frontier Communications?

Frontier Communications is a wireless network provider that offers TV, phone and internet services. Like its competitors, Frontier has bundled services at a lower price than its standalone options. Internet options include traditional high-speed internet and fiber optic internet. Frontier Communications partners with DISH Network to offer DISH TV.

Frontier Communications price

Frontier Communications' plans and pricing vary based on location, but monthly costs for bundles typically start at $54.99 a month. Router services fees are an additional $10 a month. The table below features sample costs for plans based in Texas.

CostSpeed
FiOS 50/50 Internet + TV$54.9950 Mbps
FiOS 500/500 Internet + TV$64.99500 Mbps
FiOS 50/50 Internet, TV + home phone$64.9950 Mbps
FiOS 1G service + TV$99.99940 Mbps download, 880 Mbps upload

Frontier Internet plans

Frontier Communications has three internet options: traditional high-speed internet, FiOS and Vantage. Check what’s offered in your location; services vary by area. Standalone internet service costs $27.99 to $44.99 a month.

• High-speed internet: Although it’s called high-speed, this is the slowest internet option from Frontier. It works well for basic needs like checking email and browsing the web.
  • FiOS by Frontier: This fiber optic option from Frontier works well for gaming and streaming. It’s available in three different tiers: 50 Mbps, 500 Mbps and 940 Mbps. The 940 Mbps speed is only available with FiOS Gig Service.
  • Vantage by Frontier: Vantage has speeds that reach up to 200 Mbps in some areas. It’s best for multiple-device streaming, including 4K video, and fast downloads.

Frontier cable plans

At the time of publication, Frontier Communications mostly offered cable plans bundled with internet service, not as standalone options. Only the Dish TV plan is available for separate purchase.

• FiOS TV: Frontier Communications’ basic cable option includes sports channels, lifestyle channels, reality TV and on-demand movies. Bundles start at around $55 a month.
  • Vantage TV: Vantage TV is Frontier’s comprehensive option and has sports, news, movies, entertainment and international channels. Cable/internet bundles start at $82.99 a month.
  • Dish TV: Dish TV plans range from about $60 a month up to $95 a month. Basic plans have 120 channels. The comprehensive plan has 250 channels.

Frontier Communications FAQ

Is Frontier Communications available in my location?
Frontier Communications has service in Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
What services does Frontier Communications offer?
Frontier Communications has internet, cable and phone services.
How fast is Frontier internet?
Frontier has high-speed internet as fast as 12 Mbps. This works well for most homes and small businesses. Vantage by Frontier reaches 200 Mbps in some areas, and FiOS is as fast as 1 Gbps. This is better for those needing much faster internet for gaming or streaming on multiple devices.
What channels are included in Frontier packages?
Channels vary based on package, but customers can access news, sports and lifestyle channels plus on-demand movies and international channels.

Is Frontier Communications good?

Frontier Communications has had issues in the past with delivering reliable service. The company declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy in April 2020, but it continues to offer service to customers. Some reviews mention being satisfied with Frontier Communications services. If the pricing and services offered seem fair to you, Frontier Communications is worth considering.

Frontier Communications Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have had Frontier for years, and they have been almost the only option in my rural area. Initially, I was not happy with my service (constantly dropping service and weeks to get a tech out). After filing a complaint, they have updated their local hub. I could not be happier with my service, and I have recommended them to several of my friends and neighbors.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Our line was dead from outside. Once I was able to get a callback and talk to a real person, all went as it should. Customer service scheduled a person to come out the same day. They did and resolved the issue.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Gave us a free year of amazon prime for free just for being customers and their internet speeds are fast and hundreds of channels. They also help a lot when there is a issue with the set top box or tv and their website for customer service is great too. They also have many ways to pay and can extend bill periods reasonably.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 31, 2020

Slow speeds. When I called about problems, the male customer service agents were quite unhelpful and unapologetic! I wrote on their survey that I was upset with the customer service, but no one reached out to help or apologize. So I changed service to Spectrum.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 28, 2020

Our service has been poor, at best, with Frontier in the rural area. When you call to get resolution or a fix, they tell you that this is the best that they have. I spoke to someone in management of customer service who stated that the hubs need updated and the company will not put the money in to do it. We pay $80 a month for HORRIBLE service and no one wants to improve it. We will be switching as soon as another company becomes available.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 10, 2020

I would give negative stars if I could. We've had Frontier for three years and I assure if there were any other providers in my area we would have dropped their service years ago. Customer service is rude and unprofessional, every single time I've had to have someone come out for a repair, which is frequently as the service is abysmal, it takes three visits before anyone even actually shows up. I've taken days off of work to sit at home and wait for a technician who never shows up and then I get an email saying they signed off on my work order and my repair was completed when no one even showed up.

I spent 6 months without internet because they broke it and couldn't figure out how to fix it and/or their technicians just never showed up and they still made me pay the bills for each month and they also charged me three repair fees even though they're the ones who broke it. Literally, the issue ended up being that they came out to do an upgrade and then cut my line and just left it cut. I called to refuse the bills and the service call charges and they told me those were non negotiable and the cause of the outage didn't matter, nor did the fact that I had not had internet service for one single day over the course of that 6 month span. They are incompetent and that is literally robbery, I was paying for service I didn't have and for technicians that never showed up.

Every time I see a Frontier van in my neighborhood I get preemptively mad because every single time, without fail, that they do ANYTHING in your area you WILL lose your service for several months after and every time you call to ask them to please just make the service that you pay for work, they'll tell you everything looks fine on their end and they'll either hang up on you, tell you to load up an internet browser on your computer and go to their website to mess with the IP address (if I could do that then my internet would be working and I wouldn't be on the phone with the company who is clearly running for the World's Worst Customer Service award) or schedule a technician, who may or may not ever show up, to come out three weeks later, stare at your modem and say that it should be working and then leave without doing a single thing. And it's always three weeks later, by the way, you will never have a quick repair.

You will be without internet more often than you have it. My internet is currently down again, I saw the Frontier Van in my neighborhood and I was not exaggerating when I said that any time you see that you will lose service, literally as soon as I saw it on the street I sighed, walked into my house and sure enough the modem was blinking with the no service light. The idea of even calling this sorry excuse of a company has my blood boiling, I know this will end up in another 6 month long ordeal to make the service work. Please use ANYONE but Frontier if you have the option. I cannot state enough how much I hate this company.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I've always cringed when having to contact customer service as I usually spend upwards of an hour, transfer to multiple people and rarely get my issue resolved. Hooray I'm moving and FINALLY get to cancel my service. I had only phone and Internet service with them from the old Verizon FIOS days. Call to cancel took 30+ minutes. I missed the service window by one day and had been billed for the next month. Shockingly Frontier does not prorate so they are getting paid for an entire month of service that they did not provide. Dare you to find that in the fine print on any of their agreements/website.

Now they want the return of their equipment. A router and a set top box. Problem is that I never had TV service with them and there is no set top box. They spent 15 minutes looking at an old system and can't see why there is a set top box on my account. So their solution?!? Wait until the charge for the failure to return the set top box hits my account and then call them again to dispute it. So even trying to terminate them I'll have to contact them yet again!! Ridiculous and unethical customer service all around. Avoid this company if you can.

Original review: July 8, 2020

These guys are flat out fraudulent scam artists. I requested a quote for wifi/phone service and after getting the quote told them I was not interested. I then got a call from service person that he was outside ready to do an install. I told them we never requested their service and he left. Since then it has been a nightmare where I receive bills and emails for service I never asked for nor ever received. Every time I've called to resolve the issue I spend an hour trying to get a hold of someone with multiple holds and am told issue is resolved only to get more emails/bills asking me to return a router I never received. Lastly I just got a box in the mail asking me to return the router! Again I called and spent over an hour on the phone to get no certain resolution so I expect more bills and emails. These guys are impossible to deal with if you have any dispute. Please BEWARE and stay away from Frontier, if I could give them zero stars I would!!!!

Original review: July 7, 2020

This is the only provider in my area that's probably why they do not care at all on how they are viewed with their customer support! My internet was completely down for around 2 hours yesterday, 7/7 and tried to call them numerous times and listened through the lengthy automated call in responding correctly to ensure I will be connected. Every single time that I would get to the prompt needed, it would disconnect me! I tried repeatedly and accessed different options just to get to someone with a live voice, but to no avail! It was very frustrating. I finally gave up and just stopped working because of no internet!

Ever since they took over Verizon, their service was never there and been lower than poor! Their CEO should get re-evaluated since he seemed to be doing a great job with his/her "Customer First" skills! This is probably the result when no other providers are available in your area to switch vendors! I have not seen any changes since they took over when it used to be verizon. In fact, it's the worst ever service!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 6, 2020

This is the only review I have ever left on any product or service. I would have switched providers for my internet years ago, but sadly am required by my HOA to use Frontier FIOS for internet. When it works, the connecting is great. Unfortunately, as with most technology there are times when it is not working for one reason or another. The telephone numbers work sometimes, other times they are busy or randomly hang-up on you after a couple of minutes. If you desperately need to reach someone associated with Frontier you can always call their new business line. That line always works and the promotions people are very helpful. Again, unfortunately, they are not able to do anything besides refer you back to a single customer service line that doesn't work.

I was just on the phone for sixth time this morning and after waiting for several minutes was put into a prompt that asked if I wanted to pay a bill or needed support. I hit 3 for support and the call immediately hung-up. I am sure if I hit 2 for giving them money the number would work fine. This is not an isolated incident as anyone in North Texas can tell you. The Frontier service is embarrassing and I am baffled that they have made it a few years before claiming bankruptcy in April. Please do not consider Frontier FIOS in Texas if you have other options.

Frontier Communications Company Information