Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.05/5
Based on 1,095 ratings submitted in the last year

Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Frontier Communications Reviews

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Gave us a free year of amazon prime for free just for being customers and their internet speeds are fast and hundreds of channels. They also help a lot when there is a issue with the set top box or tv and their website for customer service is great too. They also have many ways to pay and can extend bill periods reasonably.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My set top box locked up and I could not get it to reboot at 8 PM on 2/7/19. I called Frontier technical support and talked to Angela. She talked me through several steps and she did some too. She was polite and professional. In a short period of time, she got my set top box to reboot, and I was back up and running. Thank you Angela.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Just wanted to say THANKS for the service. I just moved house only 3 miles away, to a home that didn't have service. I called the customer service rep and they sent Kevin ** to my residence for the hookup. Kevin worked late on a Saturday to ensure all my systems were connected and working properly. Service was needed as I work from home. Big thanks to Kevin ** for a job well done and putting the customer first.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I'm surprised to see all the 1-star reviews. I was previously using Comcast/Xfinity but got tired of getting nickel and dimed by Comcast. They were charging me rent just to use their router. Finally I switched to Frontier FIOS and couldn't be happier. The price is half what Xfinity was charging and the upload speed is WAY faster. The installation only took about 15 minutes and the tech was really nice. Very professional all-around. Congrats, you now have a customer for many years to come, thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Frontier Communications is the absolute WORST company. I have landline phone service and internet service through Frontier. This is not by choice, but by necessity since there are no other providers of these services in my area. I was without internet more days than I was with it during November. Sent me a new modem, but still no internet. Service technician scheduled to come out 7 days later. Had intermittent service for a few days then it went out again. Another call to technical support. They were unable to fix the problem over the phone so scheduled a service call for Wednesday, December 4th sometime between 1:00 and 5:00.

After I left work early to be sure someone was available, technician was a NO SHOW. No call, no notification they weren't showing up, no reschedule... Called Frontier AGAIN and was told that the technician notified me at 5:00 that he wasn't keeping my scheduled appointment which is a complete lie because they don't even have my mobile number. Now I have to wait another 6 days for an appointment. Still have to pay for Netflix, Hulu, etc. even though I can't use them because I have no internet service. Got nowhere with customer service requesting an earlier appointment. So now others who called for a service appointment after me will have their service restored before me. Complete joke. If I had any other option, believe me, I would drop Frontier in a heartbeat.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

This is the second time we have tried Frontier. We signed up for internet service and the person on the phone said he would waive the installation and equipment fees (around $90). Just got the first bill and we were charged for both. My husband has called several times and was on hold for about 15 minutes. The system was down (the irony). Finally got a person to deal with it today and he said nobody would ever tell us those fees would be waived. My husband asked to speak to a supervisor and was told he is busy and would just tell us the same thing. He would not let us talk to a supervisor. This has been a frustrating experience.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Transferred an existing account expecting to pay "as-is at Frontier’s existing prices" per contract that we signed. Received first bill, 2 weeks after transfer only to find out the bill is actually DOUBLE. Was told that there is nothing they can do to help out, previous owners contract expired (ironically) 3 days before we took over (ha!). Then they proceeded to tell me that the only thing they could do to help was to have me sign another contract - yeah right... we will never sign a contract with Frontier, worst company to be tied to. They don't care about their customers, and small business owners... only care about filling their pockets and ripping people off.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I have never complained or write a bad review about any company on Yelp. I was very disappointed about Frontier communications after calling their customer service multiple times. The problem is not resolved and their manager has not returned my calls. They don't care about their customers. I have upgraded my services with Frontier. Frontier Automatically sent out additional equipment without the notice or email. Then following months I was billed for unreturned equipment $200 in Aug, 2018, $200 in May 2019 and $500 in Sep 2019.

I have returned equipment after calling their customer services. However, they said they didn't receive equipment from me. Fortunately I keep one of the receipt, I was able to tell them the tracking number. Then they only return $450 back to my account. I'm so beyond frustrated with their services and how they cheat on customer's money. Something is wrong about their billing and unreturned equipment system.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I cancelled my internet because of the slow speeds and the outrageous prices. All they had to do was send me a box to return my equipment. What do they do? They send me a new router? Why would you send me a new router when I am cancelling your service? When I go on-line to request a box, they say that no boxes have been sent to my address. On top of this, you can spend over 30 minutes on hold listening to a recorded voice telling you that you can go to their website to do what you want. When you finally get to customer service, they say that a box was already sent. I have no idea how they stay in business. On the other hand, I had to return some equipment to AT&T. I took the stuff to FEDEX, they scanned in the equipment, boxed it up, gave me a receipt, and 2 days later I had an e-mail from AT&T saying that they received my equipment. That is how you run a company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

We don’t have phone and internet connection for almost a week now. Everyday I call then and until now no technician coming to fix the problem, they give me a ticket number and a repair date but no technician show up, this is a business account phone and internet is very important to us. So don’t do a business if you cannot give your customer a good service. Please don’t try this company. They give you a headache.

Frontier Communications Company Information