Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.22/5
Based on 1,130 ratings submitted in the last year

Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

View More View More

4656 Frontier Communications Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My set top box locked up and I could not get it to reboot at 8 PM on 2/7/19. I called Frontier technical support and talked to Angela. She talked me through several steps and she did some too. She was polite and professional. In a short period of time, she got my set top box to reboot, and I was back up and running. Thank you Angela.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Just wanted to say THANKS for the service. I just moved house only 3 miles away, to a home that didn't have service. I called the customer service rep and they sent Kevin ** to my residence for the hookup. Kevin worked late on a Saturday to ensure all my systems were connected and working properly. Service was needed as I work from home. Big thanks to Kevin ** for a job well done and putting the customer first.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I'm surprised to see all the 1-star reviews. I was previously using Comcast/Xfinity but got tired of getting nickel and dimed by Comcast. They were charging me rent just to use their router. Finally I switched to Frontier FIOS and couldn't be happier. The price is half what Xfinity was charging and the upload speed is WAY faster. The installation only took about 15 minutes and the tech was really nice. Very professional all-around. Congrats, you now have a customer for many years to come, thank you!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I had a very pleasant and helpful communications experience with Lianne - Frontier Social Media services and she was able to resolve my issue with them to my full satisfaction. I attempted to split invoice cost with Frontier, but they waived the entire dispute amount, which I'm very happy with.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

We switched to Frontier recently and since day 1 the connectivity is terrible in our house, while they advertise that we'll have speeds up to 200 mbps, all we get is 20 mbps which is far worse than what we had before. After trying to get in touch with them for days the only thing we get is curt and rude answers saying they cannot help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I moved down the street into a new house. I had 4 different installation dates and they never showed up. They had to do a credit check on me 4 times and every time I called they told me there was no account set up. Plus they charged me $80 when I had the internet for one week at my old place. Ridiculous how bad the customer service.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Wow, I should have never used this service. I signed up for Frontier over Spectrum because they had a $200 Visa Gift Card signup promotion at the time. It has been a crazy ride ever since. When my internet was first connected, we had a less than stellar tech named Dave out to the house. Dave was an unhappy man and incredibly rude, telling my husband we were going to have crappy internet because of where we are located. We are right in the middle of town, next to City Hall, Walmart and lots of other big stores. Dave left and sure enough, our internet didn't work.

Next, I got to call Tech Support. I was on the phone for 2 hours with someone who spoke broken English. I connected my laptop and messed with settings, tried different phone jacks... nothing worked. Tech Support told me it was the phone lines, not their service and I would need another tech out. HOWEVER, they could not schedule me a tech because that is a different department (what??!) and they were closed, so I needed to call back in the morning during business hours lol. I call back in the morning, am on hold for well over an hour and get someone who wants me to restart my modem. I told them I wasn't even at my house, had done all this last night and just needed to schedule a tech. After fighting about it for 5 minutes, he finally obliged and made an appointment about a week out.

Who shows up for this appointment? Oh yay, it's Dave. Dave is crabby and tells my husband it's not the phone lines and that he told us we would get crappy service. My husband is SO MAD, he calls me at work and I have to talk to Dave and explain to him what Tech Support said. (Shouldn't he already have that information?) Dave still says that is not what it is and connects his laptop to the modem and says it's fixed.

Dave leaves. It's not fixed. The internet is connecting and disconnecting about every couple minutes. I call Tech Support, get to wait on hold for an hour again, then stay on the phone for another hour trying the same exact things that I already have. This tech says, "OK, it's your phone lines." I have a mini-heart attack and tell him there is NO WAY it's our phone lines because Awesome Dave said that it's not our phone lines. He wants to schedule a tech and I request no more Dave because he's insane. Few days goes by, another tech shows up. Says he doesn't need to come in the house and it's the phone lines but it will probably cost us money because they will fix it but it's not covered by Frontier. WTF? No one told us anything about that...?! Does something outside then just leaves. BUT - Internet is on at this point.

12 hours later, internet is down again. This time it's not even coming back on. I'm so fed up, I call Frontier to cancel. It's at this time, the person on the other end of the phone won't talk to me because I'm not an "authorized user." Ok... You have talked to me a dozen times, LET ME SCHEDULE TECHS, but now all of the sudden you can't speak to me? It's my phone number and email on the account but for whatever reason it only shows my husband's name. I call my husband who then calls Frontier and puts me on as an authorized user. At that time, the girl on the other end of the phone says she understands his issue with the service and will give him $30 off his bill, LOL we haven't even used the service and the first month's bill is $135!!!! She won't waive the install fee because "that's a fee directly to the installer, we have nothing to do with that." Well, my internet was never INSTALLED! I can't USE IT! LOL.

I call back (now that I'm an Authorized User, I have a confirmation code and everything) and get a really really nice guy in the retention department. He says that he can waive my first month's bill, waive the install fee (who knew?!) AND give me $25 off next month's bill. The only catch is that I have to call back next month to get the $25 off, because he can't do it to a bill that hasn't been created yet. I say fine, I'll deal with Tech Support one more time.

He transfers me to Tech Support who schedules me with another Tech. Tech shows up, does whatever it is he does (it's not the phone lines though, it's something with Frontier and I guess it's happening to a lot of people in our area) and BOOM IT WORKS. I'm over the moon happy. No glitches, but speed isn't great. This was a struggle but we are done now and I'm just going to live with it. Fast forward a month. I still have no $200 gift card? I'm starting to wonder about it when I get an email with my monthly statement. It's $190. $135 for the first month which is now late and was never waived. And this month's charges of $55. (Which is way over $29... What the heck.)

I call and get a woman on the other end of the phone. She pulls up my account to tell me I'm not an Authorized User and is my husband around. I told her to look at the notes on this account, I was made an Authorized user about a month ago, my husband has already made this call before. She says I'm not listed. I ask for a supervisor. She said since I'm not an account holder, I can't talk to a supervisor. She added that if I wanted to talk to someone besides her, I could hang up and call back. My head exploded at that and she hung up on me.

I called back. Received some woman who spoke with such an accent that I could barely understand her plus something was wrong with her phone because it was SUPER quiet, which made the whole ordeal even more difficult and frustrating. I had her look at my account. She said I wasn't an authorized user. I asked her about notes on the account, she says "There aren't any"... After all of these calls and all of this time spent on the phone, no one notated ANYTHING?!!!! She said she could call Brad and get his permission and I laughed, saying good luck the number on the account is mine. She told me the billing issue was an easy fix, but they need to talk to my husband.

I tried to explain to her, he is not available when their "business hours" are. That's WHY he added me, that's WHY all the information is mine... but whatever. She was just as unhelpful as the rest of them. My husband is calling back today. I'm getting everything waived and then cancelling my service. I never received my gift card, their customer service is crap and my internet is garbage. GO WITH A DIFFERENT COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have never been a customer of a company with such terrible customer service. My phone line and internet went out. When I called customer service the earliest appointment they could give me to fix the problem was in TWO WEEKS. When I explained I worked from needed these services desperately it made no difference to them. When I asked to talk to a supervisor, after being put in hold for a long time, I was told they were all in a meeting (they are always in a meeting and unavailable). I then asked to have a supervisor call me and gave them all my information and was promised a call back. Surprise, surprise NO callback. This is a huge inconvenience to me as I now have to try and work from the library but the could care less. If you have any other choice I strongly recommend you DO NOT use Frontier.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We have repeatedly been dissatisfied with Frontier for both landline phone and internet issues but unfortunately it is our only option for internet in rural Byron as far as we know. Our most recent frustration with Frontier is the result of our internet going out two weeks ago. I spent an hour on the phone for a total of two hours on two different days with Technicians who ultimately decided we needed someone to come to our home to fix the problem. Their first available appointment was two weeks out so I took it even though it meant that I'd need to take a day off of work. They told me someone would be out between 10AM-2PM and at 10:05 on the day of the appointment they called and cancelled!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Customer for 20 years. Only Internet provider in my area for a while. Bundled my Phone /Internet with Dish. Phone would go out for weeks at a time. Internet in and out almost daily. In 20 years I never missed a payment. Finally called to see what could be done to fix WI-fi. CS told me "we don't even sell it in your neighborhood anymore". That would have been nice to know sooner. Called to cancel service. CS rep told me to pay my bill until I started getting my Dish bill in the mail. So I did.

When I got my first Dish bill I disregarded my Frontier bill just as Frontier rep told me to do. Kept getting billed so I called to see what was up. Told them I did what they instructed me to do. She finally told me "Sir, you got your Dish bill to soon. You need to pay or we will turn you over to collections." I asked if I could make payments. She said "yes you can". So I sent a payment next day. Guess what? Got a letter from a collection agency today. 20 years on time. I did what they told me to do. Have heard a lot of bad press on them too. Run away and don't look back!

Frontier Communications Company Information