1.25/5
Based on 686 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 21, 2018

3715 Frontier Communications Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Bad service multiple times. Bad lines coming to the house. Don't work half the time. My technician very rude, unprofessional and if trash bag's on your porch to be taking out watch out. She called police CPS and made false allegations. Closed right away. Never again. Not even if free for life. Not worth it. Steer clear.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I signed up for the internet only service. I've not been with the company for 3yrs but my price has increased by $20 in the last 2yrs, so their end was not upheld with a price lock. The company told me their hands were tied and made no offer to get me a lower rate. Also I was charged over $200 for a free install and it took over 8 months and numerous calls to straighten out. Price increases are never mentioned to the customers until after this company slides them in and then tells you it's in micro print on page four of a certain month on one particular billing statement and your price will still increase even under a price lock. So why guarantee a price lock and then lie?

I've been a customer who is on c.c. auto pay, have never been late or failed to make a payment. I was sold bad equipment, overcharged for not only the service but the install as well, and have been lied to and scammed. The service has been out more than it has been on and I live in a popular city. Please reconsider choosing this company if you are looking for good, reliable service or if you have a budget. I was without service for a month and only issued a $26.99 credit which has yet to be applied after being approved and was then also told that my price has increased upon just asking about my time without service credit.

Trouble tickets are also created and miraculously canceled without any customer knowledge of cancellation so time with our service credits cannot be given, customer service agents are very rude and pretend that they cannot hear the customer just so they do not have to assist. This is truly a horrible company to be with and I truly cannot find anything positive to say about them. If any way possible please avoid this company at all cost or trust me you will be charged a bundle by them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Customer increased Rating by 2 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

DO not use Frontier if at all possible. Customer service departments can do nothing to help. Three months and 3 cancellation orders later I am still getting billed for services never installed. Have talked to lots of nice customer service reps empowered to do nothing to help customers correct problems on their billing system.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

If at all possible, do not use this service. The customer service is not very good. Representatives will give you false information and that can be costly for you the consumer. Afterwards, they will do nothing to correct the mistake. For example, I was moving in three weeks, and called to cancel service. The representative told me he would send my boxes but keep the services on so I would have internet until the boxes came in 3 to 5 days. After a week, I did not receive any boxes, I called and was told the service had to be cancelled first.

Now, I will not get the boxes in time, I will not have a new address to ship the boxes until after the 30 days because I am taking vacation before I get to my next location. I asked if they can extend the time for me to get the equipment due to a mistake they made and they said no. I will be getting charged if the equipment is not shipped to them in time. The service is not all that good but this is the only company that offered it in this area. Due to my experiences, I will go without internet and cable before I use this company or any of its affiliates again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I am so frustrated with Frontier FIOS. The service is abysmal. Every evening and weekend, the internet service deteriorates and is almost impossible to use. I called and they recommended increasing the internet access from 50 MBPS to 100 MBPS and I was stupid enough to agree. After two weeks, I called and they had increased the service fee but access in our home never exceeded 50 MBPS so it was a worthless decision. I have called six or seven times to ask someone to listen. The staff is always pleasant but nothing ever improves. DON'T make a poor decision and think that Frontier will be good. I regret going with this company and am looking for another communication company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The absolute worst company I've ever dealt with! Avoid them at all cost. My first order to Frontier was on 12-22-2017 and was to increase my internet speed to between 7-10 Mbps, from the 3Mbps I'm paying for now but only getting 1.5 - 2.1 Mbps. I was given an order number and I waited until the date I was given past.(01/25/18) I called in and was told my order was put into their system incorrectly, but this person corrected it.

A few weeks pass and I get a call from a local Frontier employee checking to see if I really wanted to disconnect my service. He mentions how many problems their customer service is experiencing. I called in again and was given another order number and a new installed by date.(2/7/18) When it passed with nothing done I called the local Frontier person and he said they had sent him another disconnect order instead of a speed increase. It the middle of February now and my third order can't be found in their system, imagine that. (2-16-18).

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

This company is a horrible company. Existing Customers are treated like crap compare to the new customer. I know that it's illegal for them to be charging me now an Extra Dollar and change for the keeping THEIR INFRASTRUCTURE up to date. There needs to be a Class Action Law Suit in regards to this extra charge that this company is doing. Why should I have to pay for their towers, their system. They are the worst company ever. LAWSUIT LAWSUIT LAWSUIT... I am checking with Lawyers about this issue.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Was quoted one price over the phone along with free installation. When the bill arrived the monthly charge was over double what was quoted. We were charged an activation fee and an equipment fee which I had explained we already had and didn’t need. When I called to rectify the charges I gave them the confirmation number I had been given but it didn’t mean anything to them. They claimed they weren’t showing anywhere written down that they had that special and the activation fee and equipment fee were non-refundable. This company shouldn’t even be in business. They are so fraudulent.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Frontier has become very notorious for bait and switch. I signed up in February 2016 for Frontier FIOS when Verizon still had it. Had no problems, even after the Frontier transition. Until I signed up for TV service. TV service was promised at $125 a month for both that and internet. Wrong. Bill came out to $170 a month. Made complaints to Frontier Social Media and they promised me repeatedly they would take care of it and admitted they did wrong. Wrong on that. Filed an FCC complaint. Frontier stood by their billing practices and told me what to go do with myself.

Filed a request on 2/6/18 to transfer my service to another unit a few hundred feet away from my present apartment in the same complex. I'm scheduled to move into my new apartment on 2/17. Frontier says they've scheduled a support visit for 2/17 to have the service setup. Started chat on 2/15 to confirm service appointment. Found they cancelled the 2/17 service visit without notifying me citing "the previous occupant didn't cancel their service", and then say that the next service visit is on 2/23 and scheduled an appointment without my authorization. Spoke with Wendy who refused to put me through to a Supervisor until I insisted repeatedly, citing "none available". Escalated to Frontier Executive Support. I cannot be without internet service and if this is a matter of moving the router... I can do that myself. I installed it myself when I moved into my apartment.

I want Frontier to move my service as they promised on the 17th. It is their duty to report order problems to their customers well ahead of time instead of the customer having to find out two days before and have the potential to be without service for a week. Service that they are being charged for and having paid for. If anything, I at least would like to have internet service turned on. The TV service can wait.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My wife called on Monday, 2/12/18 to discuss monthly charges and to see if there were any promotions. We have WIFI (fiber optics) and a landline home telephone. She spoke to one customer service representative and got a few dollars reduced, but wanted to check with me (husband) first, since it required some changes. When she returned the call she got another customer service representative, but of course! This person could not find the quote that was given to my wife approx. 30 min. earlier. Now remember these calls are recorded for "customer service" and notes are taken, supposed to anyways... So now the "game" starts and the both of us are now aggravated because of the situation. The second customer service representative said that the first representative did not note any prices on the prior conversation.

Now, here is the kicker! They offered to update the WIFI/fiber optics for a fee of $80.00. I said No, no additional charges! So my wife and I both were under the understanding that this was settled. Today at 9:40AM a Frontier technician/serviceman comes to the door to install new equipment! I explained our prior conversations with Frontier to the technician and he said that this "happens all the time!" So WTF... Now he inputs his conversation with me in his tablet and sits in his vehicle for another 10 min. before he leaves.

Hey Frontier - next time someone tells you "no service due to an additional charge" you might want to listen. No wonder you don't give promotions or a rate deduction, you have to pay for wasted trips in a vehicle that should have never been sent out in the first place. Hey Frontier, look at your records for approx. 2 years ago when our internet and landline were out for over a week. Did you ever make any notes that someday you might be able to make up for it, in the future? I think not... "Can You Hear Me Now"? Oh, that's right that was your predecessor. - Dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

When Frontier took over for Verizon for our home phone and DSL internet service, initially the internet was super slow, up to half an hour to load one web page! I called nearly every month and the same story was a congestion issue they were working on. After about the third month they offer a couple free months to compensate. Eventually it got fixed, but did not get the credits promised. Eventually everyone in the household got contract cell plans, and no longer needed a home phone, so we called to cancel the home phone service. The customer rep said since we weren't bundling anymore the DSL was going up to $52/month. We told her to cancel, that it was too much for internet, especially internet as slow as Frontier. Instead, she offered us $26/month for 2 years, half the cost. After the two years, it will increase to whatever the cost at that time. We agreed.

The first month we got a bill for $52. We called again they said it would be corrected. The next month it still was overbilled, and no credit for the first month overbilling. After a couple months they lowered the bill to $39/month, lower but still more than what was agreed. The total bill kept creeping up because we didn't pay the whole amount due to being overcharged. After a couple shutoff notices we had to pay a lot of the overbilling just to keep the service going. This went on for nearly two years, at which time we had an outstanding bill of over $250. Since the two years was up, and they had been overcharging the entire time and refused to rectify THEIR error, we called and cancelled the service and explained that we weren't paying the remainder and why. Then switched to cable internet.

Several years later we looked into refinancing our home. The loan rep said we had great credit. In fact our FICO scores are over 800, but he asked about a derogatory mark on our credit from Frontier. Turns out, Frontier reported the overbilling as a default on our bill. I explained it to the loan rep and they understood, but now I have a dispute in with the credit agencies to get it removed.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

The company is ok. They have specials but you have to take the risk of getting back up technical issues on your service that will massively decrease your speeds and you would then go through the hassle of calling a representative or chatting with one online and odds are they will be rude and end your chat (hang up in your face) or give you an attitude or say a lame excuse so they wouldn’t help you and end the chat, like you gave them the wrong contact information etc... basically going with Frontier is like playing Russian roulette. You might survive or you might not but you will absolutely go through the hell of stress and inconvenience. Note: the gentleman in the third picture “Brandon" helped me after with my issue after contacting 5 of the representatives. The 5th one was good and professional.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Frontier raised my monthly bill rate twice in 1 year. The second time I was told I could get a better level of service for the new rate or a $5 monthly credit for a year. I accepted the $5 credit with the same minimal service. Five times now I have received a confirmation number, but now they cannot deliver the deal that I agreed to. They do not offer me the higher level of service or even an apology. They have lied to me and wasted significant amounts of my time for the last time. They ought to be ashamed of the way they create their customers and their continued bad business practices...

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I canceled Frontier internet service because they raised my rate again and again without my knowledge, and because each time I called them, they agreed to reduce my rate but they never did. I canceled their service in the mid-October last year. Before that, I called them how much I should pay for the fractional period I used. They told me to pay the full month and they'll refund the extra. After 2 months, I still did not receive the refund, so I called them. A lady said it'll take 3 month (why?). Now it is almost 4 months past and I still don't have their refund. I tried to call them but the waiting is so long (their music is especially irritating) that I have to hang up to save my cell phone charge. This is THE WORST company I ever worked with.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I can honestly say I miss Verizon Fios. Once my promotional pricing was up, I called Frontier to change services due to the ridiculous price hike. Then, December 2017 I called for any promotions I may be eligible for. The bundle promotion was what I was offered at $109- great, because I was at $178 for tv and internet. Well, to my surprise the bill came in at $509. Called in for clarification, being bounced around then transferred to a dead line seems to be their MO. One agent actually told me, "I'm looking at the bill and it adds up, it's correct"; I then had to explain that math will add up, but the reason for the call was that the promotional pricing I agreed to was not being honored. She continued to state the bill was correctly adding up-to-date. I requested to speak to a supervisor, when she then stated there was none available.

I called back 4 times and finally received an answer that the promotional pricing was not being billed; I received a credit and retention department (supposedly) fixed my bill. Next bill, again, ridiculous amount - being frustrated, I paid to avoid disconnection (Frontier is quick to disconnect, without prior notice, and once you pay it takes a day to restore, once it took over a day -I had to call and say WTF...but they do NOT credit the account for time with no service). Now, again, they have disconnected my service, bill is NOT due, the customer service agent is unable to assist until I pay, the agreed price is almost doubled (regular bill, the supposed prorated bill I paid 2 weeks ago). The only internet available in my area is Frontier; tried switching to DirecTV, but they advised me that ATT internet in my area was weak. I feel trapped.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

This is by far the worst customer service I think I have ever had. THEY made a mistake on my bill, changed my services and charged me $290, instead of $122. I have been fighting with them for over 30 days and they refuse to adjust the billing, and have now charged me again. I have sent screenshots of my conversations with their rep, showing their information, and they still will not correct this issue.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

4 hours on the phone in 3 days. My (Promotional period) ran out and I was paying the lower amount (My bill went up by $75.00 per month). So, I got behind. When I got my extra large bill, I called in and paid the past due they told me to and was transferred to Customer Retention. Customer retention gave me a deal, was giving me a credit and everything was fine. Then, My TV went out. I called in, they said he took the TV off of my account.

After hours on the phone, I finally got someone who knew what she was doing (Or so I thought). She fixed the problem, the TV came back on, and it was great! The next day, off again. Now they say, my TV service is "NOT ON MY ACCOUNT." One department does not have access to the other department's notes. WTF? I continue to get transferred to people who have no idea what they are doing and could not care less about customer service. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with period. Run the other way if you can.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I have had Frontier service for 4 years now and I pay $116 a month for internet and TV including HD TV. My HD channels half of them don't work and a lot of my channels can glitch in and out and are pixelated and don't work. I have called numerous times and they have sent technicians out three times and they still can't fix the problem yet I have to pay for it. On the last time the technician came out he was totally inappropriate and made me feel very uncomfortable and even made a comment about how I look in my photos. And he even was teasing my dogs and was harassing them. Finally he told me that this was my problem and that I would have to rewire my whole house and that wasn't on the company which is absurd because my TV had worked fine for 3 years up until this year. I hate this company and I'm going to change as soon as I can.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

In July 2017, I knew that I was moving to my new home. I planned ahead and contacted the only provider available, Frontier Communications. I spoke to a seemingly professional individual who offered me a promotional offer, a bundle, that consisted of "Blazing Fast" internet at 25MBS, and "America's Top 250" with Dish Network. I scheduled the installation of these services for 8/17/17. I took the day off work and stayed overnight in an empty house, waiting. I was waiting for nothing! I finally called Frontier after they and Dish Network failed to show for their scheduled appointment time. I informed with ZERO empathy, that my appointment did not exist. The cancelled appointment was due to lack of internet service for the area. I received no email, no call, or even a letter stating that this had happened. I was furious!

How could this happen in this day and age? Companies in my experience strive for excellent customer service, not mediocre or non-existent customer service. Over the following weeks (yes, I said weeks) I spent HOURS waiting for customer service, trying to coordinate service, and get something called internet. Since Frontier decided to cancel my appointment, they also didn't initiate anything with Dish Network as they had "promised". I had to call and establish an appointment with Dish Network. Say promise, because I told via the phone that I was agreeing to a CONTRACT! A contract is a promise, a legal bond, even enforceable by law. If I promise to pay Frontier Communications, they will send me to collections and discontinue my service. If they promise you anything, I would not believe it, even if it is writing.

I currently am waiting on their latest promise, a promotional offer for a $300 Amazon card. This was offered to me after I signed up for "Blazing Fast" 12MBS internet service. I have attempted to find out the delay for receiving this offer multiple times. I have been told many different things. My favorite was "Call Amazon". How is Amazon supposed to help me with a promotional offer from Frontier Communications. Bottom line: Avoid doing business with Frontier Communications. In my opinion, based on my experiences, they fail at customer service, and they will fail you too.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Called in today to downgrade my plan, the original bundle I got from Verizon, as a prior customer completely started to high rocket after Frontier took over. I got to speak to a human being 15 min later, to find out that "all she could do is to lower my bill $40.00", and additional to this add me to a identity theft scam added to the package, email was received and as I read it, I never told the rep to add that service for me. I called back the same day to verify if this was an additional service added, and the new rep said "I don't see any changes being done on this account?" I tell her I just spoke with someone one hour earlier, to please check, and this goes on and on. No one in this company knows what is going on?!!!

Then she sees the additional service for identity theft was ADDED, REMOVES IT! But my monthly quote is still the SAME!!? And I ask her WHY it is the same after she removed the service? She then says: "sorry, you are right. It is $5.00 less than the original quote". Completely SHADY and all around the worse customer service in the world. I will post this and the other handful experiences I have had with this Company to anyone that will listen. I am going to cancel. I was not going to do it, but I am going to attempt to see if anyone in this place gives one second of care and customer retention for the way things are handled. I JUST SENT THIS TO THE CORP OFFICE OF FRONTIER TODAY. FYI no one will give you their full name that works for them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I have a landline and internet service with Frontier. The internet service is very slow so I decided to change carriers. I am paying 60.99 plus all the taxes and fees for internet and landline. I called to cancel the internet service and keep my land line. My bill will now be $60.50 plus taxes and fees. So my bill stays the same with or without internet service. Internet service is so slow that I can't even watch Netflix on weekends. I will be cancelling my landline soon. And yes you are on hold forever every time you call. And they aren't very friendly. Frontier sucks!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I cancelled service on the 8th of December and was told to expect a final statement for services used. In January, I received a statement for the full amount of December's service when only used 4 days. Contacted Frontier by chat so would have a written record. Frontier personnel assured me; no problem it would be corrected; no worries about collections. February 6th received a notice stating that if payment was not received the account would be going to collections. After being transferred, placed on hold, transferred, hung up on, transferred, placed on hold for 1 3/4 hours was told Frontier does not bill for partial months. That since 4 days of the billing cycle was used the whole month was due and that there was no regulation to stop them from this type of billing. So either pay up, or hurt my credit.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I've matured to be a fair and understanding person. I truly and sincerely consider an opposing perspective and/or argument, and I will concede if convinced otherwise. Though it does make it difficult to communicate because most others chose not to give any justification, regardless of the facts. That being said, in considering a recent disagreement with both of Frontier's collections and customer service, I have to say that the representatives completely brought shame and disrespect to the company name. I have to wonder if this behaviour is encouraged by upper management.

The problem was that they entered into a recorded agreement which stated, "The customer (my wife and I) were required to make an agreed payment either over the phone with them or a cash payment at a payment station, and was to be done 02/05/2018 and the payment confirmation number called in prior to 7 pm, and our services would not be interrupted". All of which, my wife and I honored and completed. Much to our surprise, the following day our services were interrupted. They attempt to justify this by stating policy that an employee forgot to follow.

My sympathy will only extend to a point that retracts quickly upon abuse, such as being taken advantage of. In my opinion, the employee should pay for his or her error, not the customer. I honored my end of the agreement and they chose to dishonor theirs by not fulfilling the agreement. Which, on record, stated my services would not be interrupt and yet they were. Where is the culpability when customer service lie, treat customer disrespectfully and make promises they cant keep?

It seems to be a growing concern or even common occurrence with most customer service departments. The alarming issue here is not just that they are getting away with it, it's that an ongoing reported issue has not been addressed by upper management. To claim ignorance of this issue is an admission of support for the continuance of such negative customer treatment.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Absolutely HORRIBLE service, they are STEALING money from the public. I had to cancel my service due to family matters that caused me to move to an area where Frontier was not available. I was told my last bill would be prorated, to reflect the 2 weeks that went unused in my billing cycle (I have this in writing). I ended up being billed the FULL amount and told that being billed in full was their fault and I would receive a refund within 60 to 90 days. No big deal... THEN I'm charged again in FULL for 2 more additional months, luckily, I removed auto pay so the amount wasn't drafted out. However, I was told I was going to be sent to collections due to failure to pay.

I had to call and an hour later the additional amount was taken care of, I was told this was a "system error", no apologies. I then asked about my refund. I was told that per their contracts that they do not offer refunds, and that I have been told the wrong information (several times), because of "bad communication within the company". I asked to speak with a manager who told me the same thing, I told him I had it in writing (via the online chat) and spoke to different managers who noted my refund in my account. Again, he said there was nothing he can do and it's their policy, he couldn't explain to me why I had been told I would get a refund. I ended the conversation asking to speak to someone with more power, I was told this wasn't an option and I won't receive a refund. Money has been STOLEN from me. I DO NOT recommend Frontier.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Had to call several times to try to cancel services. Every call was told different story, none of the information given was true. For example, I signed with Frontier specifically because they said no contract, now that want to charge me for termination fees. Also, even though I told them would like to cancel immediately, they say cannot disconnect until end of billing cycle on March 1, more than 3 weeks away. I'm supposed to pay three weeks of service that I'm not even using??? Worst internet company I've ever experienced, never going back. Please DON'T SIGN WITH THEM!!!?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Absolutely, without a doubt one of the worse service I have ever encountered from all aspects - the services included! I had ordered the Fios Triple Package package and had a tech come out 3 months later (when my contract with Comcast ended) to install my service. Apparently, their system showed that I had an ONT connected to my house because I previously had service with them but it was no longer there for some reason I can't recall. Their mistake of not double checking had delayed my installation by a few weeks, which normally wouldn't be a problem but I had to pay out of promotional pricing with Comcast which was expensive and they were only able to pay $25 for my trouble which I had to call in countless times to double check they did everything correctly.

Once the service got installed, the customer service representative told me the agent that ordered my service misinformed me when she told me I could download a Smart TV App to watch TV without their Set Top Box (their "TV box"), which was not the case. I had to spend 3 hours to resolve that which included being hung up and transferred back and forth multiple times. The best part, truly a great thing was that getting hung up on allowed me to work with a manager by the name of Scott who was honest and able to fix my issue in terms of the misquote on the Smart TV box. He had shipped a Set Top Box out to me but I still needed to get another tech to come out to connect the ONT to the coax cable because the tech seemed rushed which I can take some responsibility for since I didn't ask him to.

The second issue is that I had rescheduled the 2nd tech to come out earlier (the night before) since my schedule freed up but somehow the appointment didn't go through and I would have never found out if I didn't call with 30 minutes left in the time frame window that they provided. According to the rep, it's not a missed appointment if they miss that time frame window (eg. 8 am - 12 pm), it's only a missed appointment if they don't show up that day. They did end up having someone at my house 3 hours passed the time frame, which was frustrating because it sat around thinking they were going to show up during the time frame that I requested. This particular representative was much better than the last one as he connected all my coax cables to the ONT so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Here's the latest and greatest issue that I am currently experiencing. Three days after I had initially installed my service, my internet would drop, in speed but completely drop for a few minutes. The first time, not thinking too much of it because things like this can happen, so I restarted my modem. Second time/day that it happened, I called tech support and he did some restarting on his end. The third time it happened, I called again and they did the same thing and he recommended me ask the tech that was coming out to look into it. That particular representative informed me that he has seen issues like this occur with consumers with 100 Mbps/100 Mbps in the Portland, Oregon region and recommended me lowering my speed to 75/75 to test it out which I had no problem with.

However, the problem continued and still is occurring three weeks after I installed my service! I called tech support again and told them that I am fed up with all the time I have spent with calling them and I am giving them one last time to research it and give me a 110% certainty solution. 40 minutes later (about 15 minutes hold time to get to a representative and 10 minutes of me complaining - I've been in customer service so I know how it is to not tell the full story), the representative told me that the Portland region cannot support the 100/100 and this is an issue. They would also like to send me a new modem since it does show in their system that it would be "broken."

At this point, I am going to speak with Scott, the only representative that I can trust at Frontier to see if he can provide me with a reasonable fix with the 100/100 internet as this is something that my family needs with all the devices that we connect. If I am unable to do so, I am going to inquire about a method of canceling my contract without any penalties since I have experienced false advertisement twice with through Frontier (Smart TV App and selling me 100/100 while they have notes that it can not be supported in my region).

As a current regretful customer of Frontier, I highly recommend everyone to stay away from them unless you enjoy the trouble that I have experienced. Additionally, if you don't trust me I encourage you to Google, "Frontier bankruptcy rumors" as you'll notice there are websites recently posted (late 2017) stating that Frontier will go bankrupt in 2020. With the great pricing, this would only make sense as Frontier could be possibly trying to "pretty up their numbers" by acquiring more customers in a last attempt to sell the company. I understand that not everyone will be able to afford the rates Comcast or any other provider is offering but ask yourself, are you willing and able to spend 4+ hours on the phone with them every week?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I had Verizon before Frontier took over. They were responsive to customer concerns, timely in their answers to questions and prompt in their resolution of difficulties. In short, everything Frontier is not. In December 2016 we purchased an HD TV and promptly ordered the proper service and the box for the service. We spoke to Frontier about it on multiple occasions each time waiting the requisite 40+ minute wait on the phone (most calls totaling more than an hour and a half). On three of those occasions they decided they had sent us the wrong cable boxes and sent us a new one. ALL THREE OF THE BOXES WERE INCORRECT!

Finally in December 2017 I thought maybe there was something wrong with the way the original wiring was done when they set up the cable and asked for a service call, suggesting they try and bring the correct cable box with them. The service man arrived with the FOURTH wrong cable box but said he had an extra HD box in the van and was able to hook it up and make it work with that box. Finally, after paying just over $100.00 a month for 12 months for TV service we NEVER GOT, we had working TV.

I spoke with a customer representative about credit or reimbursement for the lost service. At first I was told that they could give me maybe two months credit but certainly not the for the whole year's loss. I accepted that as a poor but better than nothing resolution. However, the credit never came, thinking I had a credit I paid the difference and 2 weeks later my service was shut off. I then found out that in the interim Frontier in its infinite wisdom decided, in spite of the calls we made to resolve the problem, the multiple incorrect boxes they had sent us and the conversations we had regarding the resolution of the problem, they owed us nothing because we didn't ask for a service call until December 2017 and therefore we deserved no credit.

Having shut off our service and having no choice but to continue internet service with them because there is no other internet service that provides the speeds Fios does, we paid the difference and cancelled the TV service. So as a final little dig from them, we were informed that it could take 24 hours for our service to come back on. It's really hard to understand how Verizon was able to RESTORE SERVICE IN SECONDS and it takes Frontier HOURS TO DAYS! I have to believe it's for no other reason than to punish those whose service has lapsed since the technical aspects of the SAME SYSTEM worked just fine with Verizon. So, perhaps not truly a monopoly, since you can get cable from Spectrum in our area, but certainly if you want fast internet there is no other choice. I would still stay away from them if I had a choice, unfortunately I don't at this time.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I canceled service in Oct 2017 because TV channels routinely disappeared from my cable package and Frontier techs did not know how to fix the problem. Frontier in California does not have storefronts to return equipment and their process to return cable boxes is to place them in special boxes sent by Frontier which are sent to the correct department with a UPS tracking number provided by Frontier. The UPS clerk told me Frontier is notorious for losing equipment and charging the customer so I should keep the receipt. They were right.

In January, I finally got the company to admit the equipment was returned but I am still being threatened with a collections notice for a $350 equipment bill. Frontier has lots of departments that don't talk to each other and will not take responsibility for their actions. In my latest call, the billing rep assured me that the company has the equipment and the billing action will be escalated. That means nothing since they did not take action before. False collections actions are obviously going to get a very strong response. The biggest problem is that Frontier is trying to bill me for their incompetence. I have the return receipt and tracking number. Why do I need to take hours fighting a collection action for the absolute incompetence of this company that cannot even provide basic service? The return process is their own process. How can you be so stupid as to blame the customers for following the rules for your own process?

Frontier is a company with very deep problems that basic competent management can fix very quickly. At other websites, I have detailed the drama I faced with their technicians. With many hours of talking to technicians, I learned that the techs often know how to solve technical problems but are not allowed to do anything but follow their general checklists.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

On hold for 60+ minutes for account retention team and still there is no live person. This after calling 4x to be able to talk to a representative who knows what she is doing. I definitely do not recommend switching to this company if there are other options.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

My problems all started when a random audit was conducted which removed discount. This started around September of 2017. ** is the account in question. I called in and was told it would get fixed. Of course it wasn't. This happened every month until December when I called in to get my account fixed. I was told that if I get back on contract my bill would be the same as it was before ($67ish a month). After this all hell broke loose. Instead of correcting my bill, my account was cancelled and somehow a new account was created.

Closing the old account caused consistent interruptions in service which caused me hours and hours on the phone. In January of 2018, I then received a bill for 400 and my account was closed again. I was told a report was written and this was sent to the next level and not to worry. I never heard anything and my bill still says 400. On top of that, I can't access my new account, I've been told that my new bill is really high, and I'm getting charged for equipment I do not have (set top box). Every person speak to says they fix it, but no one ever does. I have no idea what to do at this point. The new account is **. Please help!

Frontier Communications Company Information

www.frontier.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use