1.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Discover the right cable & satellite TV provider for you
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 23, 2017

3534 Frontier Communications Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Every time I spoke or was on chat I would be given a different rate and was told to return boxes to bring price down. Instead the price would go WAY UP! My bill changed Every Month - AS high as $181 and as low as $117 (which was agreed price for least expensive internet and 3 boxes) - This time they billed me for $157 even though I was told to pay $117 last month but I paid $125. So, I was expecting a bill of about $109 this time since I paid $125 instead of $117. Was told $26 was carry over from last month which I was told was to be written off as they cancelled many channels - I called 5 days ago again and was told it will be fixed - Guess what? NOPE!

The lady I spoke with 2 days ago told me I will have to pay $250 cancellation fee - even though I had no contract. Today I got Spectrum and now Frontier is telling me to pay for whole month (From Nov 19 to Dec 18th) - But I tried to cancel 5 days ago and they promised to fix the bill and never did - So why am I responsible for poor service provided? Their chat service would not let me cancel saying I had to talk to someone - but for 5 days no one came online except for yesterday - I was on hold for over 30 minutes each time. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Customer service for table repair was subpar. We waited five days to have a technician make a temporary repair. I was informed today that it would be 2 to 7 weeks before a contractor to come out and install the line. I spent over $300 a month for subpar service. Their service is horrible compared to Verizon. I'm going to make a change to Spectrum.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Contacted Frontier to set-up new service, set install date. Tech came out and installed service, left and two hours later service stopped. Contacted customer service 2 /12 on the phone no resolution and was disconnected. Called back another hour on the phone disconnected. Called back next day 1 hour on the phone, issue with previous account at residence discovered. No timeline to resolve, no next steps, no service, absolutely nothing to do with me. I feel like they are holding us hostage as there is no other option for internet service, feel hopeless as they have a monopoly or else I would cancel and go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

A monthly payment was removed from my bank account but not credited to my account, after faxing proof of payment from my bank the situation still was not corrected, but in turn late fees were applied and kept being applied monthly for almost a year. After repeated calls to the billing and collections Dept nothing has changed. I closed my account with them and I am still receiving letter of late payment and account overdue with collections and credit damage threats. Where do I turn to get this situation resolved?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Frontier Communications is the WORST company I have encountered in 44 years. Every time I call, which is monthly due to incorrect billing, I get a different story from the customer service representatives. Even supervisors. Not one person is on the same page with the others. It is almost as though they are trained to act ignorant so they can lie, pass the buck and never deal with an issue. They simply do NOT care about meeting their customer's expectations. If you want to deal with a reliable, honest company, do not go anywhere near Frontier.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Below are details of a recent telecommunication issue with the Frontier company and their outsourced contractor Claims Management Resources (CMR). After numerous attempts, I have been unsuccessful in bringing this issue to an equitable resolution. Frontier and CMR are attempting to charge customers for buried cable repairs through unethical business practices. I am not the only person experiencing these issues, the internet is full of other examples. After numerous contacts with Frontier and CMR, it is evident that logic and common sense will not prevail over this issue. Please see chronological history below relative to the Frontier repair invoice received by mail on 6 November 2017.

I reached out to Frontier via chat on the likely possibility of a buried line being cut during upcoming yard work. I was told by Frontier to go ahead with planned work and call if the buried line was cut. There was no mention of a cost to repair or buried cable marking. The transcript of this chat is in my possession. The buried line quit functioning before starting the planned yard work. I was unable to define if the cable issue was caused by a latent failure or while performing routine yard work. Once the line quit functioning, my contractor completed planned yard work, since the Frontier technician could not come out for 4 or 5 days to repair. The technician installed a temporary line and stated installation of a new buried line would be accomplished in 5-10 days. I informed the technician that the line was not cut by the planned yard work.

After a few days I called to check on the permanent cable burial schedule. Based on call, it was clear the burial had not been scheduled and the technician incorrectly documented the line was cut by the planned yard work. The new cable was buried at a depth of no more than 2 to 4 inches by Frontier contractor. Three months later, without prior warning or justification a repair invoice for $361.24 from CMR was received. I contacted CMR and explained the issue. CMR advised that it was my fault and payment would be required. I explained that if the line was cut during routine yard work it must have been buried very shallow. CMR stated there is no depth requirement for the buried cable depth. I contacted Frontier customer service requesting assistance. Frontier stated the cut cable was my fault and offered a one time monthly service credit of $55.93.

After receiving my second letter from CMR, it is evident that I will make no progress without outside intervention. The second CMR letter contained false statements on what I said during the first contact with CMR. I responded to CMR (copied Frontier) voicing my objection to the false statements. Based upon false statements and omissions by Frontier and CMR, there appears to be a much larger corporate culture issue with these companies.

I have filed a formal complaint with the Public Utilities Commission in an effort to resolve issue. In my opinion, this is a clever ploy to increase revenue through unscrupulous business practices. You would think that after providing the “chat" referenced in line item #1, the issue would have been resolved. My goal is four fold; reverse the charges levied by Frontier / CMR; enact prudent cable burial requirements; highlight business practices of companies involved and prevent similar issues for other customers. Due to the inadequate cable burial, it’s just a matter of time before the cable is cut while performing routine yard work. Being held hostage on my own property by a telecommunication company is not acceptable in my opinion.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

The worst, most horrible company I’ve EVER dealt with! Internet iffy at best, must reset CONSTANTLY! On the phone for 1.5 hours, transferred around 4-5 times before a service guy ** me out, told me there was nothing he could do and then HE HUNG UP ON ME! Truth, I never raised my voice or said anything to provoke him. Wow! Surprised they’re still in business.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Today I have been transferred to 8 different people and more than 3 hours on the phone with Frontier customer service and technical support personnel. I think they will drive me into an insane mode. The CEO of Frontier needs to step aside. This company is hopeless without switch leadership from the top. It's a big giant mess.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Bar none most incompetent company I have ever encountered. More than 9 phone calls to resolve the issue that they never completed hook up for land line but continued to bill me for services not rendered.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

For some time I had Spectrum CATV, before was called Bright House. I like the local channel Bay News 9 and for only that I keep it for long time. After getting tired with the bad service, in and out issues, slow speed on peak times and after a heavy rain the service goes out, I decided to sacrifice the channel 9 and switch to Frontier FiOS. They came one day after the original appointment date, but they compensate me with a free installation. The billing was kind wrong at the beginning, I had to call them and they take care that right away, never have problems after that. The service thru the Fiber Optic are really good, I pay for 150MB Download and 150MB Upload. By the first week I did a speed test and I was getting 116MB/132MB, I did contacted the tech support and they help me to tweak my computer and now I'm getting 159MB/152MB. Something have to do with the adjusting the way the computer talks.

So far I have it for one year and I cannot complain about the service. The billing always the same, regardless they gave me offers, with all my life experience with many companies, once my billing are OK, I don't like to touch it. During the Maria Storm, I lost power for a week and all my CATV neighbors lost the service, something have to do with the power outside that not feed the CATV equipment. I had a power generator at home and always had my FiOS service. I'm glad to be able to keep track and updates about the storm. At the end, all the companies have their issues, but I want to get what I'm paying for and when I needed the most and so far Frontier FiOS does it. I don't give 5 stars because the billing issue, but 4 Stars well deserved it. Looks like you have to work a little at the beginning, but after that you will be happy with the service. Thumbs Up!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have had Frontier for four months now. I’ve had to call frontier for four months. Every time I get a bill it is never the same amount and it’s never what they quoted me. When I call them on their crap because I write everything down and who I speak to the time and the date they then told me they would open an investigation into my account and see why it is the way it is why nothing has being fixed with the bill.

The last time I tried to call and speak to someone the last lady would not talk to me. Told me to contact billing and proceeded to hang up. I’ve gotten charged for past due bills services that are supposed to be free and a bill double what I was quoted. Now the next time I call them I’m going to start recording the conversation as well and take it to the higher level if need be. This is the worst company. Then I got a notice via email telling me they would no longer send me paper bills for my convenience and to set up auto pay. As if they think they can screw me over this way it will not work.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Absolutely the worst company representatives ever. Called to have server set up and requested auto-pay. Rep walked us through the process of account set up and entered our credit card information and selected use this card as our default payment. First bill for $131.00 went through without a problem, but next bill to show up was an overdue bill with a $9.00 late fee and a charge for further month.

Called Frontier (Verizon FIOS) and was told we had never signed up for auto-pay and even if we had it would take several payment before auto-pay would kick in... REALLY!!! Then called to pay our bill, so we could get caught up and were told we would have to pay an additional $3.00 to pay by phone. I feel this company is following the example of the airlines and are nickel and diming their customers to death. I requested to have my account canceled after making payment and was told I would need to call a different number yet again to complete this request.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I started with Frontier back in June of 2017. Since I first enrolled they have messed my account up beyond recognition. First they assigned my account to a mail, so my social was on the account but I could access it because my name was correct! I called and asked why I wasn’t getting billed; this is early August, the supposedly fix the issue. But the plan they originally offered me was not in effect on my account. All of a sudden I am paying close to 200 dollars a bill! But since my account was messed but they assure me they will credit my account and work out the promotional codes. I stupidly believed them... Fast forward to the following week. Now my service is cut off! I call and again they apologize and say if you want us to look at the account we need you to pay the amount before we can do anything. I paid it.

Now fast forward to September... I look online at my account and now I owe 700! I am ready to lose my ** so I get online and chat. The chat rep “confirms” that she will cancel my service, now keep in mind that this is after a 2.5 hr chat. This rep insisted on attempting to upsell me, retain me, entice me... when the whole time I keep messaging “pls stop. All isn’t is for you to cut off the tv service and keep the internet”. Finally she says okay and for your trouble I will send you a gift card of 50 dollars for Amazon. I said, “I don’t want it. I just want this to go right”. She confirms and disconnects with me. Now the next day later, I check the tv service and I have no service, so I’m thinking yes, finally!

Well fast forward to October and again my service is disconnected and I call and again complain and remind them that I have had no service for a month, they say pay and we can look at it. Oh yes, I agree and paid. They promised and promised they would fix the account. There’s even filed a customer complaint and pushed it “up the chain”. She says “if a supervisor doesn’t call you in about 2 days call back and ask for a tech to come out. And ask them to look at your billing because it’s wrong”. I thank her and hung up. Keep in mind, I am a single mom, have 3 kids and every call with this customer service is 2.5 hrs in length. Their very own reps have no idea where to start! They constantly put me on hold then will come back and say “ma” am I apologize for the wait but I was told I have to call this other department... This is deprecated to me about 4 to 5 xs on every call I have had with them!

Finally, I call back and again talk to another csr and tell him “listen I was told to call if the issues was not resolved and if I received no call... It is now 4 days later and I have received no call and the Dodgers are in the World Series and I want to see it on one of my 4 TVs!” They send a tech out, the tech fixes it and says call them now and asked them to fix your billing. I do. Now I mean today I get a call where, that’s right, they are about to cut off my service and again they want me to pay 450 bill for them to review my account and make adjustments, because unfortunately they can’t do anything at the moment.

I finally lost it! This service and treatment by far is the worst I have ever ever experienced in my life and I do Human Resources consulting for a living! Whatever you do, stay away from them! They overcharge and will not correct anything. I have never felt so defeated. If I could give them 0 stars I would. I have never done these types of reviews but omg Frontier you take advantage of your consumers. Your agents are heartless, they could care less for their customers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Frontier was trying to charge me for God knows what??? Kept screwing up with my bill for 4 months. They were going to turn me over to collections. Finally went to the General Attorney's office with my complaints. He set them straight. Internet is very slow. Not ONE good thing to say about them. Bunch of Seriously stupid work there.

Resolution response: Nov. 21, 2017

On Nov 14, I described my horrible experiences from calling Frontier. Never did I know my calls to Frontier continue on until the next day. I spent probably 4-5 hours in total. There were multiples mistakes from Frontier staff. One was upgraded my package without my consent, the second was cancelling my order altogether. Subsequently, some Frontier reps were able to unravel the problems and finally, after 2 days, my problems with Frontier mercifully ended. In all, I probably talked to 10 different representatives at Frontier.

The company's procedures on how to solve the problems are the worst I have ever encounter. Most of the time, one rep had to put me on hold talking to another rep on issues within my order. They don't seem to have the authority to solve the problem by themselves. Terrible as it may be, Frontier seems to have some very good representatives. Most people I talked to were very polite and professional. Best among them was Marcus. He is the most knowledgeable and helpful person I talked to. Others are Brandi, Russ, and Eron. My 3 stars are for them; not the company.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I called to change Frontier FIOS bundle TV/internet package. The Frontier rep took my order and said it took 24 hrs for the change to be effective. The next day, both of my internet and TV were shut down. I called Frontier customer service at 800-921-8101, the rep took my name, birthday, etc...asking me of my problem. After I described the problem and talking with him for about 15 minutes, he said he couldn't help and asked me to call the same number I just called??? I then hang up and call the number displayed on TV talking some more to another rep before being transferred to another rep, then another rep. Eventually, after 1 hr and 30 minutes, this rep gave me an order and said it would take 30 minutes to an hour for the order to complete. One hour later, my TV still off.

I called back, the rep who took my call seemed confused with the order number I gave her. She seemed to try figure out what's going on with my account, but still, nothing happened. She then transferred me to yet another rep. My initial call was at 6:00 am, it's now 9:45 am, more than 3 hours of talking and transferring my TV service still not on... UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

We have had Frontier for 5 months. After having to call every month for the first 3 months to straighten out the billing, as they were charging us for services that we never ordered, we finally started getting normal bills. NOW? We can't even keep an internet connection!!! Worst service EVER!!! I've called everyday this week, they finally send a technician out and give us a new modem, but the service is STILL dropping! I called tech support for the 7th time this week, and now suddenly they can't help because they are going through maintenance? I'll be calling Spectrum tomorrow. Even though the cost will double, at least we can guarantee that we'll be able to get the service that we're paying for.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

First and foremost, whenever there is an issue and you need customer service be prepared to spend no less than 45 minutes on the phone. I may have gotten internet service for around 7yrs. I realized I was paying $80/mo for 30 mbs internet. I spoke to the retention department and the offered me $120/mo for 100 mbs. Now with another carrier where I am getting 100 mbs and paying $40/mo. Don't forget you need help their service is horrible. I will never do business with this company no matter how good the introductory deal is. That will end and then you are stuck with horrible service when you need it.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We live in a rural area, so internet providers are limited. I detest HughesNet, have little faith in satellite, so I am basically stuck with Frontier. Internet speed is so-so, reliability is okay, but we have to reset our router a couple of times weekly.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Finally cut the cord and got rid of Frontier. OMG what a customer service nightmare this company is. Not sure if it is that their systems are too complex for their employees to operate, or that their average employee has the IQ of a squirrel. It started out with my very first bill being charged an install fee which took 3 cycles to disappear. The bill was never even remotely as what was advertised. Then I received a letter that my 6 month promo rate ended. Well I was told these prices were for 2 years. After calling for the 437678 time I got to talk with this girl Anna. She fixed my account and told me my bill was supposed to be 113 plus tax, 15$ more than what was promised but ok I can handle that. 3 days later I receive a box to sent my modem back??? My next bill was 355$ which was great LOL because we also went 5 days without service (hurricane not Frontier’s fault in this case sept 9 thru 13th).

After talking with Christine (e support chat on 9 26 ), Losing service again for almost a week (this time IT WAS FRONTIER’S Fault) from 10-11 till 10-16 and 3 times a service appointment that they rescheduled 3 times (costing me 2 days off grrrr). (Talking with Zach), Kim on 10-15, Kenya on 10-17 (she promised me it was fixed and my bill would be 91.08 including service credit for all these days without service. Oh yes and Crystal in between on 10-10) and then Jackie on 10-27 telling me that all my request were denied???

So before this company drives me and my wife to the nuthouse I decided enough is enough. In the meantime I received boxes to sent equipment back twice more lol. So It came in handy that I have these. And guess what? When I called Today and spoke with Tonya to cancel she told me I already closed this out on 11-1??? I still watched tv, used the internet till 11-7 when I got Spectrum to get me back on their internet. For tv I am using Sling TV, for phone magicJack. All now for a total of 78$ a month!!! Let’s hope Spectrum doesn't go bonkers with their pricing. And Frontier >>> everybody that I talk with Has/had bad experiences with your company. I hope you change your ways Or you price yourself right out of business.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I would definitely give them a ZERO, I called to cancel my contract and they told me that I still had to pay the entire month because of a change in a policy which I wasn't even aware of. They said the notification was sent over in June's bill and I told them that I don't received paper bills and I don't check the bill online because I had bank draft, so basically they are saying that it is my fault for not checking my bill and any notification that they decided to include in there. I even spoke to one of the customer service manager and he was totally helpless.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Upon renewing my contract for TV, Internet and Voice, I was initially quoted a price that was $30 MORE than what I had been paying. I called their “retentions” team and eventually was given a price that was lower than what I had been paying, by perhaps $15 for “the same” package and services. I noticed after the anniversary date that I was missing a number of channels and contacted them again. I was told that I was “mistaken” and that the new lower fee meant I was getting a lesser package. No apologies or explanation given. After arguing for a bit, I settled on a new package that included the channels I wanted and was quoted a specific price “plus taxes” that was higher but still acceptable. Upon receiving my first new bill, I was shocked to see that the price I was promised was not true and I am now paying about $11 MORE than what had just been quoted.

I’ve called them again to complain and was told that: The people making the quotes don’t actually see all the costs that are being charged. They have no way of knowing what surcharges and taxes will be levied. The $6 Regional Sports fee that is now showing up is a Federally-mandated fee that Frontier was never made aware of and that it is a tax that goes 100% to the US government. This is despite them being told that this fee is a frequent complaint of people that call in. Which is it? A new unknown fee or something that is a chronic complaint? I am locked into the 2-year agreement and that my fees may change from month to month without notice.

If I had a choice of providers, I would cancel this service right away. These folks are terrible and don’t care one with about Customer Satisfaction. I already hated the service because I travel and can’t access my channels and recordings over the web. These are things I had when the service was with Verizon (Verizon sold the service to Frontier). If you are a prospective customer and have a choice, I suggest you stay away from Frontier. They are awful.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I contacted Frontier to get a new promotion with my current Verizon Fios service. I was told that I can get a 100 mbps wifi speed with no monthly contract for $34.99. However, my bill did not reflect that. I've contacted Frontier multiple times to inquire about the billing issue. I was told that the promotion code was being removed from my account without marking why. I decided to switched to Charter and called in to request for cancellation. I was told by their customer services rep that they can't handle cancellation and have to transferred me to other department. My call got transferred and on hold for 2+ hours. I was sick to my stomach and decided to hang up. I dialed back to the customer services and was told the same. I was mad and told them my prior call with the 2+ hours of waiting in vain. They insisted that they need to transfer my call.

This time, my waiting time is about 15 minutes instead. Their cancellation department told me that their policy does not allow them to cancel in the middle of the billing cycle. What kind of policy is that?! They can add new services in the middle of the billing cycle and prorate to make sure that their customers get to pay for the new services, but they don't do mid-month cancellation. I've read a lot of complaints about this company; however, they don't really care because they're currently dominate the internet market. I am filing a complaint to the FCC (Federal Communication Commission).

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

After a modem I had (when we had Verizon) went bad, I received a new one that does not work. The techs at Frontier were of no assistance. A maintenance call was cancelled by Frontier, after a line check on their end. They never called or emailed about the cancellation. Another 3 hours on the phone got us scheduled for another maintenance call. I am now communicating with another company for my internet needs, just in case Frontier fails yet again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This is the WORST company I have EVER dealt with in my life. After they took over for Verizon, we stayed with them for a while off-contract, at a much higher rate, wanting to be sure we wanted to stay with them. We decided to give them a try, reordered service with upgraded equipment and waited for the new equipment. We waited, and waited, and waited - you get the idea.

After calling to check the status, I was informed that someone "made a mistake" (this will become a recurring theme) and didn't finalize the order but they would take care of it right away. Well, the equipment came - the SAME OLD EQUIPMENT we already had. Another phone call, another assurance. That equipment came, still not right. ANOTHER phone call. The equipment came but didn't work properly. This time my husband calls-30-40 minutes on the phone and the "tech" guy can't get it so suggests having someone come to the house to troubleshoot. My husband readily agrees and then is informed that it will cost $75.00 for that. My husband said "no thank you" and hung up. Bear in mind that it takes 20-30 minutes just to get someone to answer your call, then they look at the previous notes, find the previous person gave you "incorrect information" and the assures you they will correct it.

After the last fiasco, we called Spectrum. They answered promptly, set up an appointment for 2 days later and arrived on time. After 40 minutes installation, everything worked beautifully and he was out the door. I immediately called Frontier for disconnect and was told that it was already set up automatically for 8/31/17 (Spectrum installed 8/24/17) and I didn't need to do anything else.

At this point, I have NINE different boxes (because they kept sending them) to return and am waiting for labels/shipping boxes. Instead of labels, I get a bill in the mail. I speak with William, who apologizes and states he will correct the problem AND backdate my disconnect to 8/24/17, so I will actually get a small refund and he gives me a confirmation number. Then, I get ANOTHER bill. I speak to Ray who looks at the information on file, tells me William did the right thing EXCEPT one small thing. He tells me it will take months to process my refund which will come in the form of a Visa card, and that I may still receive a bill, but that it will all zero out and he gives me ANOTHER confirmation number.

Today, 11/4/17, I get a notice that I am past due for $235+ and that I will be sent to collections if I do not pay by 11/10/17. I call, AGAIN, and speak with Victoria. Now, I was not very pleasant. I have spent 20+ HOURS trying to order, update, get the right equipment, cancel, disconnect service & return equipment. We finally drove 30 miles to the nearest store and am fully out of patience. First, she can't verify my account by my husband's birthdate - same one he's had for 50+ years. Do I have the pin #? "Um, no, I haven't used your services for 2+ months now". Rummaging through my paperwork, I find the pin - hallelujah. She then looks around at the account, talks to herself, says someone "gave me the incorrect information" and that service was disconnected 9/6/17, so while I don't owe $235+, I DO owe $50+ for prorated service at $8+/day.

I advise her of the above, give her the confirmation #. She agrees there's a note but that Ray didn't enter it the way I described, so if they pull the actual phone call and find that he did say what I say he did, they MIGHT be able to credit the whole thing. At this point, I strongly and loudly suggest that she might follow a better business practice of simply acknowledging how sorry she is for the 5+ phone calls I have had to make, the numerous errors made on their end and simply zero out the account. Of course, she doesn't have the authority to do that but would put me through to a supervisor.

I advised her that I don't have the time or inclination to stay on the phone any longer today, that I very much looked forward to speaking to a supervisor AT MY CONVENIENCE, and that she best thoroughly document this conversation and note that I expect NOT to receive a bill for a single penny. If I do, I will write to the BBB, post reviews on as many sites as I can, and will encourage EVERYONE I come in contact with NOT to do business with Frontier.

I also suggested that perhaps I should be paid for my wasted 20+ hours spent trying to get them to fix their "mistakes". At my current job (in healthcare customer service) that would amount to about $450.00. She only tried to "explain" why I owed money and state that she's "trying to help", but I won't listen to her. I told her that I would not listen, and didn't want to hear another word because the next person I talk to will likely only tell me that I was, once again, misinformed. Do yourselves a favor and RUN the other direction if anyone from Frontier approaches you to do business with them.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Repetitive Calls to Frontier about their NO SERVICE, issues never get solved due to disconnection while you are put on hold, incompetent Tech and 0 Customer Service. I've been calling for same problems that I've been having with the VM and its getting worse. Thinking of switching to another Server.

Updated on 11/22/2017: Frontier rep did reached out to me, asking for my account number, but I have not heard from Frontier as of 11/21/2017. My Auto Pay was cancelled but not on my account so I would of been charged on my Cr. card for the modem I did not purchase, (it is still in dispute), and at this time I am not paying for it because I did not purchased the modem. I went online, logged-on to my account and cancelled the credit card on my account. I had to call Frontier again for the for the return boxes and prepaid labels for the set boxes and modem (changed provider). I have 2-set box. One is the original set box from Verizon, too big to fit in the box and I asked Frontier to send me a bigger box. Did not get the box for the modem because my record indicates that I had bought the modem (which now in dispute).

This modem has "Verizon", I was told when I had upgraded internet speed, the tech should of replaced the modem. And according to their record I had purchased the new modem and it should had "Frontier" on the modem. If this is accurate what the rep told me today, where is the modem that has "Frontier" on it??? I have an ancient modem from Verizon to return. Furthermore, when I upgrade the internet speed no one had informed me that tech was coming out to change the speed. I found out about it when I was talking to customer service about my issue with VM. If you have "AutoPay", make sure you cancel it before the billing cycle if you are planning on discontinuing the service. I hope by deleting my cr. cards I won't be charged for the modem I did not purchased.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

We were supposed to have a new cable, internet & phone service installed on Oct. 27th. We wired all day & the tech called 30 minutes past the 4-hour window saying he wouldn't make it & would have to come back the next day. I told him that won't work because I have other plans. In the meantime, I was speaking with a customer service person & told her I had postponed other things to get this done. The service was reschedule for Nov 1st. On Nov 1st, the tech came & after over 2 1/2 hours said he couldn't get a signal & needed to come back the next day with the equipment to finish. I called Frontier stating that the tech hadn't shown up. I was told by them that according to their records the install was to be done on Nov 14th. I said that no way would we agree to being without computer or TV service for 2 weeks. (We were changing from Comcast to Frontier because of the great offer). I told them I need the computer for my job search and tutorial.

The customer service person kept me on hold for 30 minutes and at the end said she left voice messages for the tech. She told me to try reaching the tech and the me his number. Afterwards I looked out the window & saw the tech working. He had never come to the door. It turned out that new fiberoptics need to be replaced & it will be 1- 2 weeks before this can be done. The tech will attach a temporary hookup & will be back at 3:30-4:00. He never returned.

I spoke with another CR who after having me on hold for eons, escalated this and said he was transferring me to the President's office. After 1 hour & 8 minutes of this the call disconnect. No resolution. I called back again and the CR said she is going to research the information. After 18 minutes on hold I hung up. This is the worse treatment I've gotten by any business. Never would I recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I called on 2nd day of the month to cancel services. They said that since my bill was already generated for the month, I had to pay for entire month of service. They do not cancel outside the month or prorate billing. Now I am forced to pay for full month of service that I am not using. Never heard of such a business practice... Paying for services you are not using!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I've never written a review in my life, for anything, but what just happened to me has me so livid I can't resist. I called Frontier to check if they provide internet service to my address. The representative on the line asked for my name, which I gave him, and then my phone number "in case we get cut off". I declined to give him my phone number, and he said "uh huh" and immediately disconnected. That's the whole story. Frontier customer service, check you call log for 11/2/17, 9:50 AM PDT. You've lost a customer for life.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Don't believe anything you're told over the phone by them. We ordered their Internet/wifi service in April 2017. Their rep said their newcomer special was 2 years at $ 49.99 month plus hookup fee additional $90.00. We called their competition. They offered 1 year of service for the same price with equipment rental or $5.00 less if I purchase our own equipment so we opted to go with Frontier over 2 year quote, the equipment was installed and worked OK. First bill $140.00 the rest $50.00 as promised until the bill due in October. It came in at $55.00 so we called them 2 plus hours and 3 on hold disconnects to reach a rep.

He claimed the original promo had expired that a new promotion had come out that he would reinstate the 2 year promotion if we paid current $5.00 difference and any future bills would be $50.00 for the next 2 years, we did question about the bills because of the dates on bills showed expiring on one line and continues on another line. He said he would put notes on account about it, then come the end of October the next bill showed up. Now we're being billed $65.00 so we called again 1.5 hours to reach a rep this time, we were told now the promotion had expired and bill was now $65.00 a month and that was the end of it period. We again we questioned about 2 year deal. Why were we told that if they're not going to honor it? They had no answer.

They offered to continue service till end of month billing date because they pre bill you 1 month ahead or we could cancel today and get credit for unused portion. We called again to try one last time to resolve this. We reached another rep and were told that it was a $65.00 service that the $50.00 deal is quote to sweeten the deal to get you on board and it's only good for 6 months. Now we asked then why are they still advertising 2 year deals still, he claimed there different deals now, yeah right. At their convince I bet. Anyway way to go Frontier. Another lost customer. I hope this experience will help someone else from making a really bad mistake and it touches as many people as possible.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Two year promotion changed to 6 months - Customer service sucks. Customer reps lie all the time. Monthly bill fluctuates to higher charges. Worst of the worst. Didn’t get my Amazon Visa promotion offer after I signed up.

Frontier Communications Company Information