Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

As an original Verizon FIOS customer, which was purchased by Frontier Communications almost 15 years ago, I found Frontier to consider their existing customer to be cash cows! I recently dropped Frontier Communications as a ISP/Content/Phone provider. When I sent back the equipment, much of the equipment still had the Verizon logo... Even though almost 15 years had passed. After a number of incidents about poor service or equipment issues, I was moved to change providers when Frontier was offering higher (50 Mbps) internet speeds, more channels (including sports channels) and free HBO content for $80.00 per month to new subscribers while charging us over $180 dollars per month.

Even after calling their billing team, their region manager, and their cancellation team, they all said I had the best pricing possible. My new provider provides internet at over 150 Mbps, I have more channels, including all the sports changes and I'm paying less than $160 per month. Interesting with the new ISP, and the associated hardware, the colors on my LED TV became alive. Basically Frontier is not investing to keep competitive, and the quality of the picture makes the content look very pale. So bottom line, if you go with Frontier, you going with old technology and a poor customer experience.

When attempting to cancel my service, I was informed there would be a $9.99 charge to terminate the service. When I asked where and when I agreed to this charge the woman told me over and over again that it was valid and that although it's nowhere in writing that is totally valid and they can charge me that. When I asked her about what the charge was for she first said that they had to send a tech out to my house to do something and they had to pay the tech. Then after I asked for proof of any Tech visit she literally told me I would have to subpoena that information.

Then I asked for a supervisor who followed the same party line and backpedaled after saying they had to send a tech out, and said that because they have to do it from there there still a charge. Then when I put in the order my cable went off and internet. And I have 6 days until I move and they can't get the cable or internet back on until I have to call back the collections department because they're the only people who have the power apparently to turn it on after you send in your termination of service notice. All of this horrendous customer service after really crappy internet and cable service that would continually shut off randomly in the middle of shows and have weak signal at best. All of the above are facts and if Frontier actually tapes its conversations they have a record of it.

I guess I should not be surprised by how bad customer support can get with any of today's companies but Frontier sure looks to be top of the pile for this. I have Frontier for phone and internet and for the past few weeks internet has been super flakey, losing connections on apps, very low throughout, enormous wait times to buffer... Just poor. Last night though - it finally got to a point where we couldn't connect to anything at all, then I went to use the telephone - there was dial tone but every single number (including 911) would go straight to busy signal. I found a cell phone that sort of worked (we have bad cell coverage in our area) and phone technical support.

After 25 minutes wait I talked to a tech who said "oh ya your area has numerous people phoning in for support - they are out there looking around for the problem." I asked for a incident ticket number for Frontier to come take a look at my specific issue. He gave me a ticket number and said the earliest they could get there was 10 days from now. I said, "No. That wont do." He said "well you'll have to phone back tomorrow and tell the next team to try to do better". I did phone the next day. The next tech saw my ticket number and said someone would phone me to set up a time. No phone call all day. I phoned again, tech said she saw the ticket number but it was for "phone" so she was going to transfer me. I said "wait. I don't want to be put on hold, please don't put me on hold, will I talk directly to someone else?" "Yes - it will be transferred right over" she said. 20 minutes later after waiting on hold... I hung up.

I phoned again, next tech took my cell phone number down 'so she could call back in case we got disconnected'. I talked to her about the problems and poor initial support I received. About 15 minutes into the call... The call went dead. She never phoned me back. On top of this all - from the time I phoned the first time with no incoming/outgoing phone, no 911, no internet - it took them 15 hours to deem this was a "common cause", meaning something was wrong and they should look at it. From the time they designated it as common cause - they said they had a target date of 10 days from now to get everything worked out. Awesomely terrible. I've been without phone line now for more than a day, no wind storms, no equipment blow ups, no downed lines. Stay away from Frontier.

Frontier is sending me promotional offers by mail every two weeks. When I signed up with Frontier over the phone for the promo offer everything looked good. 60$ for Triple Play in WA. However the first bill showed a bundle price that was almost three times as high. Every time I called a customer rep, they re-enter the promo and say it is taken care of. The following bill is high as ever and keeps climbing. After speaking to three supervisors I learned that these promos that are mailed to me are just bait to make you call them. It is not guaranteed that their system allows the offer although the service rep enters it and makes it look legit. Poor service reps who are left in the dark. You cannot trust anything that is agreed on over the phone. I strongly advice not to sign up for Frontier service.

I use Frontier in CT and this company is horrible on all aspects of Customer Service. Most of the reviews here have had the same issues as I have. Canceled appointments without any reason, phone times average an hour a call with most of the time on hold, you have to hold on over 20 minutes waiting for a supervisor and when you ask them to call you back, they say supervisor can't do that. Set up an appt with a 3 hr window but they didn't show up and then told me they couldn't give me a 3 hour window only a 8 hour window. This goes on and on with one issue after another. Stay away if you can; they are horrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Had restricted phone service for quite awhile to lower my bill because I use cell phone most of the time from different provider. Decided to go online to my acct. to change it but found no way to do so. Called customer service and it took over an hour to get information only. He at first said it would only be $2.99 added to the bill. WOW, I said, "Great, that's less than the restricted line at $7.50." Then he said, "No, it would be 35.00 plus the cost of the restricted line." I said, "Who is crazy enough to pay for both the unlimited use and a restricted line???" He again went off somewhere for what seemed like forever and came back on the line and said, "It would be the 35.00." I said, "No way, I don't need the 20 frills with it. I just need long distance added. No call waiting, call forwarding, caller ID, etc., etc., etc." He did not tell me that they also have a 200 minute a month plan which may be a good things because we'd still be yapping about it 'til morning.

Don't know if he was new or just confused. Why doesn't Frontier just spell out the plans, bundles and services like they used to right on the website?? Every damn thing is dial this number and that number, then someone passes you on to someone else. It takes forever to get anything done. On my acct page there is no option to change my plan to just include long distance without all the garbage I don't need. I thought we were finally at the stage where we could have only what we want or need and pay only for that??? We need more competition for internet & TV service. If I can find a less expensive provider for my internet I will be done with these clowns. I am changing cell service provider this week and axing DirecTV in Dec so these idiots are next!!!

On 8/26/2017, I tried to rent The Case For Christ movie. The movie was so broken up and distorted, it was unwatchable. I waited until I was billed to be sure Frontier charged me for the movie. They did. I chatted on live chat to explain the situation. After 30 minutes, I was told I would have to contact them in the next billing cycle to get the charge removed from my bill. Are you kidding me? They can't make a computer entry and remove the charge? This is not my first round with Frontier. Anybody at Frontier, janitor, window cleaner, anybody, can upgrade you to pay more money to Frontier. When it comes to a credit of any amount that comes back to the customer, it has to go through an act of congress. I can't believe Verizon did this to their customers. They moved out of Texas and left us with a group of Orangutans.

We had signed up for internet service and they never showed up or called and that is where the nightmare began! We called to find out where they were and according to the tech he had been there and we weren't home and didn't answer the phone, wrong on both! They had not mailed the modem to us so he couldn't have hooked it up. We canceled the installation and then they mailed the modem. They show us connected and we have tried 5 times to cancel something we don't have and return the modem. It has been a very frustrating time-consuming mess.

We just switched to Frontier Communications under a promise that our monthly phone and internet service fees would be $44.99 per month. Our 1st bill came 8 days after the service was connected in the amount of $159.60. We made 3 (1 hour 58 minutes), (2 hours 3 minutes), (53 minutes and counting). Each call connected me to 2 or 3 different. The 1st call the lady was very helpful but had to switch me over to another Frontier Representative who dropped my call after another long wait time. 2nd individual appeared very helpful only to switch me over to 3rd party who dropped my call. 3rd individual appeared helpful but was unable to work on the account claiming she was locked out by someone else working on our account. I was told that I would need to call back in 2 days. This is unacceptable! Is there a process that will allow us all to group together and back charge Frontier for these Bait and Switch tactics? Frustrated New Customer!

Please note that it takes a great deal to get me to spend additional time on a consumer review website to write a complaint review a product or service. But so many people seem to have the same type of complaint with Frontier that it is really time for a class action against these bastards. Class-action attorneys, beware. Our problems with Frontier started when they bought the land phone lines and internet lines of our West Los Angeles area from Verizon. Soon thereafter, we saw a drop in our internet speed and long delays in loading of webpages, etc. (their tech today explained that Verizon would not sell Frontier a necessary software, or Frontier did not want to pay the sufficient sum for it, to make the internet work as it did before - something I have no way of confirming as true or false).

So after multiple calls to tech support about the slow internet, without any improvement, we decided to get out of their internet service and simply switch to another internet provider. But through their shady business dealing, they tried to prevent us by not allowing the bill for the phone and internet services to be separated out. Essentially, they said, "Your internet service alone will cost more than your internet and phone service bundle." So, we kept paying the bundle rate for both services, and cut out Frontier's internet and added a separate internet provider, paying two bills for really no reason.

Next, came time for us to move our office to a new location. We were happy that this would be the time to drop Frontier altogether. Unfortunately, the only company offering landline phone services in our new highrise was... Frontier. Here is the power of monopoly for these carriers and the misfortune it brings for the consumers. Frontier does not give a damn, because they do not have to. They are the only service for the building. What are you gonna do?

Okay, so we called 3 weeks in advance of our move and obtained a move date of Friday Sept. 8, 2017. And the time they gave us? Oh, anytime between 8 am and 5 pm. This crappy company with zero customer service would not even narrow the time to a 4 hour window. So on Friday, our phone vendor comes and move all of our internal phone equipment to the new office location. Does Frontier ever show up to switch the lines? No. They canceled our appointment entirely on their own. Friday evening on the phone, asking "What happened?" No sensible answer, just corporate talk about "Escalating the order for the next available time".

We have spent something like 18 hours on the phone with this company, trying to get a goddamn tech out to fix and switch our phone lines. When you call their customer service representatives, they outright lie to you that something is being done, your problem is being taken care of, they give a damn about what you're going through, and they will definitely, definitely call you back if you get disconnected while you were put on hold. Call after exasperating call, their people sound like they are answering calls from a living room. You hear kids and dogs in the background.

We planned our entire move based on when our phone and fax service could be switched over, to make sure we do not have our services interrupted. For 4 days now, we have had NO telephone and NO fax, and no way of tracking even who has attempted to contact us or fax us at times very important documents pertaining to our cases. It looks like our lack of phone service will go on into tomorrow for the 5th business day of no business by phone or fax.

I recently became a customer with Frontier. The technician could not set up my DVR because there was no jack and said to call as soon as I could to cancel cable service. (Not once did he say as soon as possible). Technician was friendly. Not blaming him. I called and they said they couldn't remove cable because it was 4 days after the installation (Mind you it was installed on Saturday. I called Tuesday).

They ended up removing cable and setting me up with internet only for which I will pay $64.99 and got set up under a 2 year contract. I was going to pay $75 and change before with cable. I looked online and told the frontier representative that there was a deal for $55.00 150/150 Internet, she said she could not give it to me because I was locked in a 2 year contract for internet. To change it to another person living under the same roof I had to pay $240.00. Worst Customer Service ever and I was speaking to their retention dept. What a joke. Frontier needs to be more understanding and help their customers out.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I terminated service after 20 years when we sold our home in Dec 2016. I was assessed an early termination fee of $200 which I contested after having the service for such a long time. Frontier never got back to me and I had the automatic withdrawals stopped by my financial institution. Frontier then sent the account to collections. I contacted Frontier again to get a copy of the contract I signed and the agent I spoke to said I shouldn't have an early termination fee because my account was on automatic renewal. She sent the fee waiver request in again and again it was denied. I then contacted Frontier again to get a copy of my contract. I was told again they would contact me which they never did. I contacted Frontier again and the representative reviewed my account and then told me again that the request had been denied. This representative said there is no contract.

So in effect, a user must know their own renewal date and coordinate termination to coincide with that date or pay the fee. Keeping track of a date for over 20 years with a cable company was not a priority to me. Having Frontier assess a $200 early termination fee after being a loyal customer for 20 years shows how little they value their customers.

I switched to Frontier FiOS because they were offering a promo deal of $80/mo, free HBO for 2 years & no contract. When I got my first bill it was for $476!!! They had charged all of the services individually & charged for HBO. Spent an hour on the phone with customer service and she admitted the bill was wrong but could not get it to update with the promo price, so she had to send a ticket to her manager. 5 days later and no change. I will have to go to the office and try there. Also the picture quality is very bad. My HD channels are ghosting & look like they're on an antenna. Had perfectly clear, crisp picture with Xfinity. Also can only get on demand shows in SD no HD. Customer & tech support are basically useless.

Frontier in Southern Illinois, at least, has a huge problem with promised speeds. They have no answer. I believe they have more customers than they can handle, especially in peak times of the day.

How these people are still allowed to conduct business is beyond me and also shows there's no one protecting the consumer. This company has been inflating my bill and every time I call them they promise to fix it only to increase my bill even more by the next month. My bill is supposed to be no more than $75 a month. First time this issue happened they issued me a bill for $109, I called and they admitted it was their fault. The one promised to fix it and even increase my internet speed as an apology type thing for free. Next bill cycle comes around, the 109 became 180 and the new billing cycle was 109 giving me a total due of 289!!! I called and they pretty much said the most they would credit me is $30. They're unwilling to help, even after admitting this is their issue and that people call in about the EXACT same issue and they don't do anything about it. Most fraudulent company I've EVER had to deal with.

I moved to the area and needed internet, so I called Frontier that services the area and they said it would be no problem. They sent me the modem with instructions which I followed and I was never able to get a connection. I called Frontier and they sent a tech to check the pole outside, it was fine but still no connection. I called them again and explained the situation and again they sent someone out and stated that the line was fine so I called a tech and they walked me through the steps and I still could not connect to internet so I asked them to cancel the service, the rep said consider it done.

Now mind you there was zero cancellation fee but the next month I received a bill for 166$ for services. I called and spoke to customer service and explained that I never once used the internet service, they apologized and said that they would send for a credit on my bill. A month later I get a bill for 269$, I call again and explain the same as last time, again I was told not to worry that sometimes a credit takes a while. I get another bill stating that I must pay, I call and speak to 4 different people, the last lady assured me that this would be taken care of and guess what I got in the mail last week? A letter from a collection agency stating that I must pay in full or this will adversely affect my credit! Frontier has charged me for a service that I never got to use... their customer service comes off friendly but they are snakes in the grass! Shame on Frontier for not standing by their word. I do not suggest anyone to use Frontier Communications ever!!!

Attempting to pay bill. Bill still not resolved. I made 5 calls. Calls averaged 1 hour each. One poor rep finally said there are 2 systems and a "fictitious" collections department. Therefore, when your bill is wrong (and this will happen), the rep has no way of resolving it, so resorts to long hold times and made up stories. If you maintain your sanity, you win. Please Frontier get your act together. Is chaos. Option to have attorney involved is tempting.

I signed up for cable service with Frontier thinking it could not be worse than Spectrum. Frontier repeatedly promised install appointments that were confirmed the day before and they failed to show up both times. When you call you have to speak to one of several hundred people at some out of state call center. Their representatives at the call center are authorized to "apologize" but there is no serious effort to address any customer service issues. And you can NEVER speak to the same person twice. In my case they failed to show for 2 install appointments and did not even bother to call to say they were not coming. One guy said it was a "engineering problem" that had to be addressed on their end and that it would probably be fixed within a day, and that they would call me back but that never happened.

Other Frontier personnel had completely different stories for what was going on - showing that I was being fed stories. They kept offering to schedule future appointments further and further out as if the only thing they could do was schedule appointments and confirm appointments with no assurance that anyone would show up or fix the problem. When I asked them to check with their engineering department they said they could only leave notes but not actually communicate with one of their own departments! Call wait times are incredible. After promising services at what seemed like a competitive price they ultimately did nothing but waste my time.

I have never had so many people from one company make more false representations and fake apologies. They will promise you anything to sign you up and get you into their billing system but they will never deliver. They will waste a lot of your time and then forever send you bills for services that were never installed! Frontier is the WORST cable company ever. Don't get mixed up with this company - don't be fooled by their promises.

I wish there was a 0 star button. Frontier had that many problems. First, it was guaranteed fast wifi but it was very slow that you couldn't load anything. Second, the wifi guy took one week to get to our house. The company Spectrum took Only 1 day to get to my house. Third, when we called customer service, they didn't help us. And just a couple of hours ago, it took one hour and 3 transferred calls to get to customer service to cancel my account. The guy closing the account was really nice though so I'm happy with that. Also my two high school children couldn't do their homework so they had to go to friend's houses to do just their homework.

I canceled my phone on 7/3/17, received a bill on 7/5, called to ask if I need to pay it in full & was told, yes. Paid in it full & the next invoice stated I had a credit of $46.00. I waited, I then called to see how I was getting this refund & was told on a visa card or something. I called again, asking when I will receive this credit, was told the next billing cycle. It's now Sept. & still NO refund. I called yesterday & they told me again, the next billing cycle. Why the next billing cycle when I'm not getting a bill? They told me not to pay the next invoice. Why would I even get an invoice? Funny how I have to pay them in 30 days, but to get your refund takes forever. SEND MY DAMN REFUND & BE GONE FRONTIER!!!

My apartment complex refers everyone to Ramsey ** as the person to call to set up services in Connecticut. I call to ask about only internet, and I confirmed with him twice that there is no installation charge. I go further and confirm what my bill will say before he sets me up. Normally, you think you would a confirmation order email. Nothing came in a few days. I called to have him confirm the email was sent. I was told he will send it. Nothing again after a few days, and I tried a second time. Nothing. I decided to wait for the bill to come. When it comes, I am surprised to see a installation fee. I call and he said he will take it off the bill. He said it will take a few days, and I told him I'll call him back in a week. I call him back, and he has not done anything on my account. He quickly asks for my information again, and says he will call me back. At this point my bill is due in 5 days.

I call every day, and leave multiple messages for a callback. Nothing. I finally pay my bill to avoid credit damage. I call Frontier's hotline, and realize I was lied to about the installation fee. All solo internet services have it. I would have never signed up if that was the case. I hassle with the associate until she finally gives me the supervisor. I repeat the story, and she agreed to give 50% of the installation fee back. She says an internal investigation will be done on the sales rep. As a company, you should treat your customers with respect. The right thing to do would have been offer a reversal of the installation fee to win back a customer's faith. Why would a customer lie about a small $80 fee? Shame on you, Ramsey for being a scumbag. When they listen to the phone records or catch you lying again, you will be in trouble.

I signed up for internet only service with Frontier in June, 2017. I signed up with them over the phone, which I now realize was a mistake because I didn't get anything in writing. The salesperson told me that I would be receiving a 70/70 service, which is really important to me since I work from home and live with other people. We use a lot of internet. When the technician came to set up my service, he informed me that I would be receiving a 3/1 internet, which is not at all conducive to my type of work.

I called Frontier the following day and informed them of my problem. The person I spoke with informed me that she could bump me up to 15/3, which is still ridiculous, but I was willing to give them a chance as they had been great thus far. She said that it would take effect within a few hours, if not a day. When I noticed that my internet speed still hadn't increased after 4 days, I called and found out that the note was never made about me getting increased, so it never happened. I decided to cancel my account then as I realized I would never get the internet I was promised and desperately needed.

I then made a separate phone call to make sure that the bill was settled. She informed me that I had an outstanding balance of over $250, which I never would have known had I not called. She informed me that she is requesting it to be dismissed due to the situation I just described above. She said to give them a couple of months as that's how much time they need to settle these things. She also informed me that it will not go to collections as it was not a settled bill. I was concerned about this because I have excellent credit and would not want something like this to ruin it.

I then received a letter from collections on Sept 6 regarding the outstanding balance. The agent I spoke with said that I had to pay the bill since there was no record of them telling me that they had offered me a different service than what I received. I now realized that you have to get everything in writing with Frontier or they will charge you over $250 and submit it to collections even though there has not been any communications from them at all that there was an outstanding balance.

The agent I spoke with also said that she receives these types of complaint a lot, which leads me to believe that this is a typical practice for Frontier. I decided to pay the balance as I don't want it to ruin my credit though I really can't afford it. I decided to pay it online but couldn't because of their system. I called again and was told she couldn't take the payment over the phone and I had to do it over the automated system, which incurred an extra $3.50 fee.

Frontier fraudulently charged a card that I used once in the many years that I was with them for internet service. They used the card after I bundled TV and charged me a disconnect fee when I wasn't happy with their incredibly poor service. I was NEVER informed of this fee and they don't put it in writing anywhere. They informed me that regardless if I was told or not that it was a legitimate fee and they would not reverse it and would turn it over to collections and attempt to hurt my credit if I didn't pay it. I will pay it to avoid the headache that these thieves would cause. STAY AWAY FROM FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

This company should be put out of business. I have never had such a nightmare dealing with a communications company. We were lied to about services available to our home address. When the installer arrived he was honest enough to let us know he would not install because we would NOT have service at this address. We called Frontier immediately to inform them of the non installations and cancelled service. Since then we have been hounded by their bill collections department.

I call EVERY MONTH and get the same lies and promises that this issue has been resolved and indeed we do not own any monies to Frontier. Then 30 days later, we receive a letter that the dispute of money owed has been denied by Frontier and the collection agency has placed our account into collection AGAIN. This has resulted in derogatory information on my credit bureau and I am fed up beyond belief. I’ve filed complaints with the FCC with NO RESPONSE at all. What does it take to get this company to be held responsible for their obvious SOP of bullying, flagrantly lying to the public and causing undue distress via derogatory credit bureau information?

Earlier this year my mom had a door to door salesman for Frontier come into her apartment and sell her a cable package, including high speed internet (she doesn't even own a smartphone). She was very clear that she was on a fixed income and he assured her the amount her bill would be each month. She had to call EVERY month to get her bill corrected. The last rep told her to just keep paying what she was quoted. She then received a $500 bill!! She was so upset she called to cancel but she could never get a live person. She then asked me to get involved.

I finally was able to get someone to help and he brought the bill to $350, he explained basically it was a complete mess but she still somehow owed $350. I sent an email to the President of Frontier and his admin basically told me that's what she owed so the - end. I just responded to her letting her know that my 71 yr old mother doesn't have the means to fight Frontier but I do! How dare they send someone to her home and sell her services she did not need! I'm fairly certain she's not the only one this has happened to.

Yesterday morning our cable box was not responding correctly to the remote control. This happens very often and I have to do a reset of the cable box by removing the power for 10 seconds and then waiting while the cable box was reloaded. In this case something was wrong and I got the message "CAN'T SET CLOCK TO CABLE BOX." And of course no TV signal. I tried the reset three times without success and then phoned Frontier Customer Service.

The first person I spoke with was Louise. After describing the problem and giving her my name, address, phone number and pin number she had me do the reset two more times before our phone connection was cut off. I waited about 15 minutes and phoned the customer service number again but this time it was Edward who was in another state.

After giving Edward my name, address, phone number and pin number and explaining the problem he had me remove the cable from the cable box and turn off the power and again do the reset and again the same result. He ask me to check the cable battery that is located in my garage. For that I have to move my truck. During that our phone connection failed. I waited about 15 minutes for Edward to phone back. He did not.

I again phoned Frontier's customer service number and spoke with Mathiew. After giving Mathiew my name, address, phone number and pin number and explaining the problem he had me turn off my internet cable modem, the TV cable box and the cable box in the upstairs bedroom and do a reset. Again the same notice "CAN'T SET CLOCK TO CABLE BOX." Mathiew put me on hold and after a few minutes our phone connection was lost. I waited about 15 minutes for Mathiew to phone back. He did not.

I phoned Frontier customer service for the fourth time and spoke with Dean. After giving Dean my name, address, phone number and pin number and explaining the problem he had me try resetting several times to no avail. He put me on hold and of course after a few minutes the phone connection went dead. I phoned Frontier for the fifth time and spoke with Aaron. After giving Aaron my name, address, phone number and pin number and explaining the problem he had me do the reset several again and then put me on hold. You guessed it, again the phone connection was cut off.

We still didn't have any TV service. I phoned Frontier for the Sixth time and spoke with Dillon. After giving Dillon my name, address, phone number and pin number and explaining the problem again, Dillon tried some remote testing and called his supervisor for more help to no avail. I pleaded with them to please send a technician with a working cable box as I had now consumed about four hours trying to get our TV service working. Dillon finally relented and gave me a Ticket Number **. He said the first available date for a technician to come to my house was on September 12. That was eight days away. I told him that was unacceptable. He was sorry but that was the best he could do. I told him in that case I no longer wanted Frontier as my service provider. Dillion transferred my call to a service disconnect number.

After giving the lady my name, address, phone number and pin number and explaining the problem she said she was sorry but September 12th was the best they could do. I told her that I saw Frontier repair trucks in my neighborhood quite often and couldn't they drop off a working cable box and I would install it myself. She said no they couldn't do that for various reasons. She said don't worry, I can get a refund for the days I didn't have any TV. I told her that unless my TV service was restored tomorrow I would switch to another provider. She said, "Well you do what you have to do." And that was that.

I contacted Frontier Communications for TV/Phone/Internet services. I informed them that I would be porting my home phone number to the new account with them. When the installer came out he was not able to port my phone number so I was assigned a new number. The new number was active for 4 days, June 26, 2017 till June 30, 2017. I had to continue service with the provider I had at the time until the 30th when my old number was ported over. Within a month I received two bills from Frontier, one for the 4 days with the assigned phone number and the other for the month of July with my old number. The bill for 4 days was in the amount of $359.70, the other bill was for just over $100.00. Upon receiving the statements I called Frontier to inform them that a mistake had been made. The first agent that I spoke to told me not to worry about it and not to send the $359.70 payment. She was sure that the bill would be rectified by the next billing cycle.

The next bill came and no correction had been made. I placed at least 6 calls to correct the error. I was assured by three different customer service agents that the account would be dismissed. The last time I was told this was on August 16, 2017. I received a letter from a third party collection agency dated August 18, 2017. The letter demanded that I pay the bill in full or suffer negative consequences related to my credit scores. I immediately called Frontier to press for resolution and retraction of the collection agency involvement. Frontier told me there was nothing that could be done because the account had been closed and sold to the third party. I continued to insist that this problem was created by Frontier and them alone.

The supervisors that I spoke to at Frontier's collections department were unable to help me and could only offer the phone number for the third party collection agency. I sent a dispute letter to the collection agency and I filed a complaint with the FCC. After going through all of this for the better part of 2 months, Frontier finally called me tonight 9/1/2017 to acknowledge that what I had told them all along was correct. I was told that I did not have to pay the $359.70 and that it would take at least 30 days to get the collection agency to stand down. I will be checking my FICO scores to see if anything negative shows up. I would not recommend Frontier Communications to my worst enemy!

I moved to a new place on 27th Aug and asked for installation at my new place and told them that please do it as soon as possible as my work is dependent on internet. They agreed to do it on 30th Aug and then again I checked with them after a couple of days. They said date has been changed to 1st Sept. I said ok but again after couple of days when I checked again with them date got updated to 12th Sept. They kept on postponing dates without even informing me. I had to call them every single time and get updates and they say, "We are sorry for your inconvenience." That's it. They don't forget to charge me on time but when it comes to customer service these people are the worst. I got so frustrated with postponement I had to cancel and opt for the different service provider.

Frontier Communications took over my area two years ago from Verizon. As soon as the handover was done my internet and phone took a dump. Prior to the switch I was always able to stream movies and my son was able to play video games online. On numerous documented dates and some I have emails confirming more issues that were complained about than Frontier acknowledges. I was left with no phone several times and the internet was only able to be accessed via hard wiring. I resorted to upgrading my cell phone service with AT&T (mind you I'd switch to them but Frontier monopolizes my area) and made my phone a hotspot for wifi usage. I was told on numerous occasions it's because I have walls in my home, ridiculous excuse if I was asked. My homes walls are dry wall and my Home is 1500 square foot. So I had working wifi through Fios before Frontier but my after.

I was paying over $125 a month, was able to bring that down to over $100 a month for a phone that works randomly and internet 100/100 that only works if you plug directly in the router. Tech comes out does some work on the outside box, two days later I phone, wifi again is horrible. Call to schedule another tech to come out, tech tries to replace my Verizon router to the Frontier quantum, horrible signal so switched back to Verizon router, I decide I don't want their junky equipment. Two days later no phone and wifi is horrid. Call again, tech comes out and first cannot find problem, then comes back and says equipment was installed backward and the problem is fixed. Few days later same issues. Another tech comes out and spends a few hours trouble shooting outside lines and box, finds the box is melted, something caught fire, replaces it.

Phone is now fixed, wifi is the same horrific signal it's been unless you use it between 1-5am, what a joke. Speed tests give me 2/5 when I pay for 100/100, yet that's hardware guaranteed only. Might as well have dial up and American online. So today tech comes out and can magically fix my issues, there's a catch... we need 3 of these things to get what I want and another if I want my other kids room to be able to access the wifi, at $70 a pop the problem will be fixed. Oh and I failed to mention driver only had 2. They improve the wifi but why should I have to pay for something to be fixed by a company that has on. Unwrought occasions tried to fix? Well I call customer service, surprisingly they won't just give me the equipment that solves their trouble ticket at my home. Then they have the audacity to refund me for 8 days of use at a whopping $11.

Further I'm asked if there's other service available to me in my area because they don't recommend losing customers but another service might give me a better wifi signal. "No, remember my home has walls (sarcasm) no wifi will be able to penetrate the force! I would switch but you've monopolized my area" I tell him. Maybe after dealing with this and writing this I should see what AT&T has to offer with a personal hot spot and extra data. I'm sure it will be better and less than Frontier. Steer clear of Frontier

We were never informed that our service provider changed to Frontier Communications. We've been double billed a few times, customer service agents are rude when you can even get a hold of anyone. The service is out daily for several hours at a time and they offer no compensation or refund for the lack of service.

Frontier Communications Company Profile