Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.08/5

Frontier Communications® is a Fiber, Copper and Fixed-Wireless network provider that offers services in 25 states. Frontier offers customers unlimited tech support, a dependable connection for a monthly prices that’s been called the best value in Internet services. Visit its website to find out if its services are available in your state.

BOTTOM LINE

Frontier Communications has bundled internet, TV and phone options that work well for some people. It’s not available everywhere and reviews mention service issues, but some consumers report being satisfied with it.

PROS

• Fiber optic internet
  • Variety of plans
  • Bundle options

CONS

• Limited nationwide service

Top Frontier Communications Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

I have had Frontier for years, and they have been almost the only option in my rural area ... I could not be happier with my service, and I have recommended them to several of my friends and neighbors.

My set top box locked up and I could not get it to reboot ... I called Frontier technical support and talked to Angela. She talked me through several steps ... She was polite and professional. In a short period of time, she got my set top box to reboot, and I was back up and running.

Frontier Communications Compare Offers

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

What is Frontier Communications?

Frontier Communications is a wireless network provider that offers TV, phone and internet services. Like its competitors, Frontier has bundled services at a lower price than its standalone options. Internet options include traditional high-speed internet and fiber optic internet. Frontier Communications partners with DISH Network to offer DISH TV.

Frontier Communications price

Frontier Communications' plans and pricing vary based on location, but monthly costs for bundles typically start at $54.99 a month. Router services fees are an additional $10 a month. The table below features sample costs for plans based in Texas.

CostSpeed
FiOS 50/50 Internet + TV$54.9950 Mbps
FiOS 500/500 Internet + TV$64.99500 Mbps
FiOS 50/50 Internet, TV + home phone$64.9950 Mbps
FiOS 1G service + TV$99.99940 Mbps download, 880 Mbps upload

Frontier Internet plans

Frontier Communications has three internet options: traditional high-speed internet, FiOS and Vantage. Check what’s offered in your location; services vary by area. Standalone internet service costs $27.99 to $44.99 a month.

• High-speed internet: Although it’s called high-speed, this is the slowest internet option from Frontier. It works well for basic needs like checking email and browsing the web.
  • FiOS by Frontier: This fiber optic option from Frontier works well for gaming and streaming. It’s available in three different tiers: 50 Mbps, 500 Mbps and 940 Mbps. The 940 Mbps speed is only available with FiOS Gig Service.
  • Vantage by Frontier: Vantage has speeds that reach up to 200 Mbps in some areas. It’s best for multiple-device streaming, including 4K video, and fast downloads.

Frontier cable plans

At the time of publication, Frontier Communications mostly offered cable plans bundled with internet service, not as standalone options. Only the Dish TV plan is available for separate purchase.

• FiOS TV: Frontier Communications’ basic cable option includes sports channels, lifestyle channels, reality TV and on-demand movies. Bundles start at around $55 a month.
  • Vantage TV: Vantage TV is Frontier’s comprehensive option and has sports, news, movies, entertainment and international channels. Cable/internet bundles start at $82.99 a month.
  • Dish TV: Dish TV plans range from about $60 a month up to $95 a month. Basic plans have 120 channels. The comprehensive plan has 250 channels.

Frontier Communications FAQ

Is Frontier Communications available in my location?
Frontier Communications has service in Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
What services does Frontier Communications offer?
Frontier Communications has internet, cable and phone services.
How fast is Frontier internet?
Frontier has high-speed internet as fast as 12 Mbps. This works well for most homes and small businesses. Vantage by Frontier reaches 200 Mbps in some areas, and FiOS is as fast as 1 Gbps. This is better for those needing much faster internet for gaming or streaming on multiple devices.
What channels are included in Frontier packages?
Channels vary based on package, but customers can access news, sports and lifestyle channels plus on-demand movies and international channels.

Is Frontier Communications good?

Frontier Communications has had issues in the past with delivering reliable service. The company declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy in April 2020, but it continues to offer service to customers. Some reviews mention being satisfied with Frontier Communications services. If the pricing and services offered seem fair to you, Frontier Communications is worth considering.

Frontier Communications Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have had Frontier for years, and they have been almost the only option in my rural area. Initially, I was not happy with my service (constantly dropping service and weeks to get a tech out). After filing a complaint, they have updated their local hub. I could not be happier with my service, and I have recommended them to several of my friends and neighbors.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Our line was dead from outside. Once I was able to get a callback and talk to a real person, all went as it should. Customer service scheduled a person to come out the same day. They did and resolved the issue.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Gave us a free year of amazon prime for free just for being customers and their internet speeds are fast and hundreds of channels. They also help a lot when there is a issue with the set top box or tv and their website for customer service is great too. They also have many ways to pay and can extend bill periods reasonably.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I ordered two fire alarm phone lines installation for my company last week. The customer service rep scheduled a date to send the technician to the location. But on that day, no one showed up, I contacted customer service again and they said the phone lines have been installed. I asked how do they install the phone lines without anyone actually went to the location. The customer service rep was very rude and unprofessional. They told me somehow they can activate the phone lines remotely. And then, this week, the fire alarm company came and tried to install the fire alarm device, they found the phone lines are not connected at all. I have to call the customer service again and being transferred to several different department. They told me they will have to send another technician to check on this and we have to pay for the second time check. I feel so unfair and frustrated on this. I will definitely give negative stars if I could.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I had a confirmation email for services to start on 10/5 between 8-12, at 11:45 I decided to call as no one reached out. They had no recollection of what I was talking to and told me they could get someone out in 2 days. I own a mental health business with clients who need help today, not in 2 days. I intentionally chose this day as our location opens the next day. Bec was the most unprofessional, mocking rep I've spoken to - she refused to escalate, told me to google the email addresses for the higher-ups as she can't give out their information to protect them. Absurd, business emails are for this exact reason - they are thieves and a reason their company is going bankrupt and their reviews are all so poor - stay away, they will make you feel like it's your fault. THE WORST.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Internet service constantly stops and starts and this company can never get the problem fixed for long. I nearly lost my job recently because I couldn't get squat done working from home because of the problems. When I called to cancel, their company policy is they can't do that unless I give them my 5 digit pin. I don't have a five digit pin, I have a four digit pin, but these stupid idiots refused to use that, refused to verify me by my SSN, DOB, address, account number, phone number, etc. Now I have to wait for them to mail me a letter with a new pin before I can cancel.

Well now I have no intention of paying them for the rest of my last bill. It's no wonder this company gets such poor ratings and is in bankruptcy. It's run by a bunch of idiots who don't know what they're doing the whole way around! They deserve top go under and half of their customer service reps and supervisors deserve to lose their jobs because they are terrible at them. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON FRONTIER!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Internet wasn't stable and when I called to disconnect in June they didn't disconnect me, by their records until July. They then charged me for an extra month. Not a good company if they take advantage of their customers.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I had Verizon FIOS before they sold it to Frontier in 2016. Not even a snail mail announcement just an email to an account I never used. Just one night no service, call them, get told weeks before I got service. Fortunately it was less than that. Frontier was so bad. The Florida attorney general actually got into the situation which is beyond rare in Florida. Months of incorrect bills all stemming from an issue that was ultimately in their office. Now four years later I have sold my Florida house and moved out of state. I asked for instructions about their equipment and was sent a box prepaid.

The power was disconnected at my old house on 8-3, I dropped their router off at UPS in NC on 8-7. Frontier is demanding an entire extra month of service because I didn't specifically tell them to cancel my account, no one told me I had to. Upon protest they try to claim they didn't get their equipment until 8-25, more likely they didn't bother to log it in for two weeks. Oh and of course there's also an additional fee to type it into their system that my account is closed. Billing cycle is mid month to mid month and they do not prorate so they already got paid for two weeks they were not entitled to as I disconnected the router on 7-31. I got what was possibly an illegal collections message left on my voice mail as well.

These people make everything as difficult and convoluted as they possibly can all in the name of picking your pockets because they think people will just cough up rather than fight with them. I had a second name on the account to help me keep my bill paid when I was out of pocket and they would routinely tell me that I wasn't the account holder. These people are either just complete criminals or totally incompetent maybe some combination of the two. The FIOS service itself wasn't bad but none of their gear had power backups, every tiny brownout or power glitch service went down for ten minutes till it all could cycle itself back to service.

I will never deal with this company again given a choice. I'm running into another IP trying to play some of the same games but once again I'm in a limited choice area. Broadband is not really a luxury anymore and states need to step in and make sure these companies aren't abusing their customers with abusive billing practices and purposeful acts designed to extort more money than they are entitled to.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

After being loyal customers to Frontier Communications for many years, they cancelled the YES channel, without any notice to us-we found out through the YES channel ticker. My husband is disabled and lives to watch the Yankees, so I found another provider that has the YES channel and switched. Little did I know that it was 2 days into the Frontier billing cycle (thought it would be pro-rated) when I cancelled. I am now faced with a full month of charges from Frontier without having anymore internet and television services. This is unacceptable and I am not going to pay this bill. I would not have switched if it were not for the dropping of the YES channel. Frontier needs to make some exceptions to their policy- this entire issue is unfair to us, the consumer.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

We recently moved and had our service disconnected on 8-7-2020, the represented said Frontier charges a disconnect fee of 10 dollars. I told him okay since we did not have a choice. Now I get a bill for the complete month because they do not prorate billing, that is over 300 dollars for a service they did not provide, was not that great when they did provide it. Poor business practice and I based on the poor internet service we did have I would not recommend this company if you have any other options. The commercials are all hype.

Frontier Communications Company Information