Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Misleading amount was told by agent when making a sale. Frontier agent told me it will be a $61.99 monthly plan for 12 months. I specifically asked him, "How much will be the first time bill?" He said, "$61.99 without taxes." Now after starting the service I got a bill of $168 and there is no two-month billing, this is just for 1st month + 8 days. Now when you ask they say that "We know you were told $61.99 but sorry your plan is $109.44 per month." Hate these liars who just for the sake of sale throw any amount at you, and now you are fighting daily to fix it and remove the account, and face the hassle of again taking some other provider.

We received a bill with significant high amount $$ being bill. Upon calling Billing Department and they said we made international calls which we never made it. When Frontier took over Verizon, they breach the contract by enable it again without telling us. We did not make the phones call but they claim we did. Tried to talk to the customer service manager to resolve the issue but they are more like robot not understanding the situation and just keep repeat same things again and again. Frontier is not well training people enough and the service is horrible. I wouldn't care if this is a robot replying but this is human interactive and their customer service is far below bar compare to AT&T or other service providers. Being said that, we decide to terminate our Home Internet services as well as business services with Frontier and move on with better service provider.

I've had this service for the past few years and have always had issues with the internet but over the past year the internet has gone out completely along with the phone service. I made them mark on my account each time I had issues and each time they had to send new equipment and send out technicians so I could get a credit to my account for the hassle. First time the service went out, they sent out a technician three times and each time it was someone new. They had to dig in the yard to fix the problem. The internet and phone was finally fixed after a week and then it went out again. It was on and off.

They sent out a new box but it was broken. I sent it back and they sent me a I called for the credit to my account, which the technician had said would be no issue. I had to argue with them because my service was out again when I called. They left me on hold for very long periods of time. First the young man I was speaking to said he had to speak with his supervisor and then he said he didn't have the authority to give me a credit. He put me on hold again to wait to speak to his supervisor. Spoke to the supervisor and it turns out that the technicians were not leaving any notes on my account about getting a credit for not having service. I canceled service and went over to Comcast. Hopefully it will be a better and more dependable company. I wouldn't recommend this company's services to anyone unless I want to cause that person a lot of stress and headaches.

The internet connection is unreliable and cuts in and out, which causes an inability to continue use of a site. This is a huge problem as an online student. A call to tech support solved nothing, as they claim it's fine. Three days later and I am trying to get tech support on the phone again. Three times I have called but after ten minutes on hold, each time, the line is disconnected. Tech support is not even working.

This is the worst internet service provider you can get. Constant disconnections, skippy internet, not worth the money. You will be better off getting Time Warner cable or another company. Just don't get this one!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

To anyone thinking about signing up with Frontier please be aware everything you read is true. I also had no idea that Verizon sold to Frontier. I am currently on 55 minutes of holding to talk to a third person today. The first person was extremely rude and she transferred me to the wrong dept I am sure on purpose. I made the mistake of making a name change on the account and that's when everything went downhill. The first month I got a bill that was charging me a new connection fee of $50 plus which there was no new connection only a name change.

I've had this number for over 18 years with Verizon. Upon doing the normal hour hold back in January I was told they would fix it and to wait for the updated bill. Still waiting.... My newest bill came in twice as the previous one. I called and spoke to another person who after a 1 1/2 call including holding time said they would fix it and we'd get a credit in a form of a Visa or Mastercard. Still waiting for that credit.

Today I've been on hold for over an hour being transferred to the Retention and Save Dept which is supposedly the dept to help with bill problems that don't get resolved. Everyone I speak to who has Frontier has nothing but problems in some way. As soon as I can hopefully get this resolved I am canceling and going elsewhere. But reading the review of where the elderly lady canceled and still got charged for another month even after she turned in her equipment doesn't make me feel like this will ever get resolved. What a nightmare. Better things to be doing on a beautiful Saturday morning than dealing with this for hours with Frontier to later find out I am sure whatever they tell me today will not happen. Stay away if you want to avoid headaches, stress etc...

I had somehow managed to forget my statement one month but realized it soon after and paid it. Yes, I was a month late, but made the payment. Ever since then, I've had nothing but trouble. I was shut off one month even though I'd made my usual payment, and had to call Frontier to get it back on. I was told that I had to make my NEXT month payment through BillMatrix. I did that.

Later that month I was shut off again. I called and lo and behold, they could not find my payment, even though I had the confirmation number, time, date I called and the rep who I talked to. So I had to wait for 24 hours for them to turn my service back on. My clients were so irritated with me and I lost a day's work. I have never had a correct bill from them, and in fact just received two. One was for $555 and the other was for $250. So. I resent my proof of payment in to them, and demanded a new statement. If this doesn't get figured out, I'll be contacting a lawyer. I don't ever do that, but this is affecting my business. I'm really sorry that I even had to give them ONE star.

Where do I start? In April 2016 Frontier took over my Verizon account in Florida. The next day my service was completely turned off. I had a triple play from Verizon that included all FIOS services. The journey began then. Since that time, Frontier has given away my original phone number to someone else, double billed me for 2 packages at the same time, over billed me by over $800 and has never cleaned up this mess! I just received my bill for February 2017 and no surprise - it is WRONG.

I have written, called and waited on line to get service and correct billing since then and have spoken to 3 different people in the "executive" office for resolution. Many times they have claimed that I had service for a couple of days and excuses about hold times in excess of 1 hour, as "normal". I filed with the BBB 4 times and each time they claim to the BBB that it is resolved. I contacted the Florida Attorney General and they sent me information on how to call Frontier! I found out that Frontier supported her campaign. So much for draining the swamp! Each time my bill arrives they claim I owe hundreds, turn on fees and late fees. I continue to pay what is owed. They recently stated that I owe them $253 in back fees and started getting calls from their collections team - I will NEVER give them that $.

This is the most dishonest, laziest, and distrustful company that I have ever dealt with, they actually beat Time Warner in Maine. At some point a case action suit should be filed against them for all Verizon FIOS customers that have had incorrect billing, interrupted service and the overall headaches and time that they have put into waiting on line or on their phone to get to someone who hangs up on them or sends them into the Frontier maze of passing the buck. Here is an alternative fact from Frontier - they claim they have "improved" to the BBB - if this is improvement, then you can only surmise how bad it has been!

Cancelled service 12/22/16 due to terrible service and charges. Final bill shows a 22.05 credit due to me. I called and asked them to mail a refund check for amount due. Said they only issue refunds on a gift Visa. Also, it would take till March 22 - their policy is to mail out 90 days after cancellation. I said if I was 90 days late in paying I'd be hit with a hefty interest and late fee charges. They said, "that's our policy, 90 days and Visa gift card only". Talk about unethical, unresponsive service when the consumer has no place to go unresponsive service etc.

First off, the only way you won't wait on hold is if you're actually signing up for the service, otherwise expect at least a 10 minute hold time and for a supervisor it took 30 minutes! So I scheduled to have my service connected on the 6th, no one showed or called. I had to callback to set another appointment which was scheduled for the 8th, once again no call no show. At this point I'm extremely upset because no one wants to sit around and wait for an installation just for them to not show.

So I called back again, scheduled for the 10th (a supervisor assured me that it would not happen again) and once again no call no show. This is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with by far. I truly believe children could run Frontier just as good as they do. Long hold times, rude employees, unreliable employees that just tell you what you want to hear so they can get off the phone with you. I highly suggest spending the extra buck and going with a company that values customer satisfaction.

Frontier has often neglected to credit my account for paid statements. Initially I submitted through web bill pay and thought there was a problem there. I had it sorted out through (only) the FCC because Frontier are so criminal, then moved into paper checks thinking maybe their systems weren't up to date, but the problem occurred again with checks. They took my information, and said "Send us a fax of the returned check" (can you believe I have to prove to them I paid them)??? These people rely on the business of customers to extort from them.

There are recently rains in CA and calling about the constant static, the tech says "Oh that is what we inherited from Verizon" - well really, Verizon was great compared to this. When a tech came over for the slow internet, he blamed the lack of FIOS in the area and asked why the landlord hadn't set this up. They have terrible service and always point the finger. This is the WORST ever set of experiences with a corporation I've ever had. Pure sleaze.

Wow! I know a lot of people are not satisfied with Frontier, but this was unacceptable! My 86 year old mother asked to have her service turned off on a certain date because she was moving. But Frontier just went ahead and turned it off right away! 8 days before she asked. Now she is without a phone and internet, so God forbid there is an emergency and she can't call 911. I am livid!!

Frontier Comm took over for Verizon Fios and began to transfer services for Cable and Internet beginning 3/1/2016. Customers were advised via a message on the tv that the transfer would take 3 days and interruption of service may happen. The interruption of service for both TV and Internet occurred 75-90% of the entire month of March and April.

I tried to contact Frontier Communications and after 4-5 hours of phone time, I spoke to someone in customer service named "Karen" on 4/26/16. I explained and provided dates for the interruption. She promised that we would be credited for the month of March that was forwarded to their accounts receivable by Verizon Fios and for the entire month of April billing under Frontier Comm, which was the first billing cycle that Frontier took over the billing on. During this phone call, I told the customer service agent that I was canceling service for cable, internet, and phone as I already had appointments for other providers to come and install their services.

We continued to receive bills for May, June and July for service and after receipt of each bill we contacted customer service and advised that we were to receive credits for March and April billing cycles and canceled all services as of 4/26/16. The bills stopped after the 8/5/16 statement and we assumed the proper amounts were credited. This week, we applied for a mortgage and were informed that Frontier did not credit March or April, nor did they credit the bills for after we officially canceled our service AND they reported the full amount of $418.99 to the credit bureaus as delinquent. We do not owe Frontier any amount of money and are currently jumping through hoops and wasting our time to get SOMEONE on the phone to clear up THEIR avalanche of billing mistakes!!!

I have been contacting Frontier Communications once a month for more than 6 months to have them change my plan to a smaller plan. They have continued to tell me my plan has been successfully changed and the following month I end up with an even higher bill and no one will answer my questions or fix the problem. I've been told numerous times the tech team will handle it and to expect a callback, which never happens. All in all, they owe me over $400.00 so far in overage charges. The problem has never been fixed, but all the premium channels are gone from my service- yet I have an even higher bill. This is BY FAR the WORST customer service experience I have ever had. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS.

Wait and hold times are unacceptable. They keep saying their computers, or "system" needs to "boot". I was left on hold for 15 minutes with no interaction before hanging up and trying again. Same thing happened the second time. Complete waste of my time, very unprofessional.

On Sunday, 4 February 2017 my internet went out right before the Super Bowl. I called Frontier Communications, I reside in Florida, and got the runaround. They told me that they would have someone out there on the 8th between 8 and 5. I only have internet now. I was being charged $341.00 a month and I'm missing the Super Bowl and I won't have internet service for 3 days, they must be nuts. On Monday, called a different provider, got internet and phone for $69.00 per month. And they had it installed same day. Bye, bye Frontier, see ya later alligator!

This company has to have the worst service I have ever experienced in my many years of this planet. I had Verizon for my LAN line. They sold that service to Frontier. Every month I paid the bill (the day I got that bill) by bank wire transfer. Every month I had to call because they said they never got the check. After 30-60 minutes on the phone, they found it and credited my account. This went on for 4 months and I finally said "it's not worth it" so I cancelled my LAN line and went with Comcast. I had a credit for the last month for which they sent a credit card with the balance on it.

4 months later, I get a past due for two months. I called and am told that they outsourced their billing and that they actually posted my payment twice and that is why this happened. I explained everything that happened and they wouldn't budge. I elevated (after 80 minutes) to several supervisors until I finally got the executive office. They didn't understand why 3 different people had told me that and they would look into it. Wow, very sad way to run a company.

There are not enough words to describe: Inefficient. Chaotic. Conflicting information provided between workers on same or in different depts. No callback or follow up. Erroneous/missing documentation, so no one knows status of order. Have to start over again and again explaining. Spent at least 15 hours on phone within the first week trying to get internet installed, checking on status why not working. Always given a different answer.

Attempting to get status of problem with install, was transferred from customer service saying install was complete, (who says cant do anything) to technical support who said account doesn't exist, enabling to them investigate, and they say can't do anything. Leaving me with no remedy. Final status was my old modem wasn't working, technician can come out and fix. But every time cs asked tech to fix, they say they cannot. Or they said I need a new modem, but never sent it out. So in essence, nothing was being done to resolve it, even though they kept telling me it would be working tomorrow.

The initial call to find out what they offer was 2/1. I kept getting such conflicting info, I had to call back next day and ordered on 2/2 to have switch turned on remotely on 2/3. As of 2/8, after speaking to at least 5 managers and 20 reps., in a week was told I need a new modem that will take 3-5 business days to arrive. Even though I have a verizon modem that was already working with my old frontier account. Every day I called, was giving a different reason for it not working when they said it should be working tomorrow.

I told them do not bill me anything until I confirm my internet is working, not because you say it is. They took over Verizon and forced this inferior company. And take no pride in their services nor seem to care their entire process is broken. They always ask for callback number, but do not. A manager even gave me her direct number, but never called back, then mailbox was full. IT IS A NIGHTMARE!

Consumer Increased Rating!

This issue has been resolved. The Frontier Rep (Lianne) that helped resolved it was very responsive and the resolution was great.

D. G. of Plano, TX on

Original Review

Verizon provided my internet, TV, and telephone service for over 10 years prior to the buy-out of Frontier. The service became so unstable and unreliable that lead me to terminate my services from Frontier. I was later on bombarded with promotional mails to go back to Frontier. I eventually responded. I fully discussed the services and equipment I needed. I was quoted the cost will be $117.76 plus applicable taxes for the first year then it will change to $127.76 plus taxes for the 2nd year. Well, my monthly bill was inflated to over $168 a month.

When I called to complain about it, I was told by the Service Rep, "I am sorry that you were given misinformation but you are being billed correctly." It was not misinformation, it was a deliberate fraudulent act intended to deceive me sign up for their services. Secondly, I was promised a $400.00 Amazon Gift Card for signing up for their services. The Amazon Gift Card was never delivered in spite of repeated queries about it. This company must be stopped from continuing to con people.

I spent more than 9 hours on the phone with Tech Support and Customer Service in one week to resolve an internet connection which never got resolved because there was not two representatives from either department who had a consistent story about what needed to be done in order to restore my internet connection. At the end I gave up.

Each representative that I spoke with told me not only something different but had to undo or completely contradict what the last one did. Some were just plain incompetent and didn't know what they were doing (and clearly did something wrong or forgot to do some things). Some were just plain rude -- like the woman at customer service who answered the phone and then said "You have been unintentionally transferred to customer service, goodbye." and hung up the phone. Not one rep ever called me back on the "call back number" they asked for at the beginning of the call. Their technician did a no show without contacting me, and after waiting an hour I was told that Frontier had determined he didn't need to come out... only to learn the next morning that I actually did need a tech, but that he was only available 2 weeks later.

After 9 hours of calls, I was still at square one. In addition to all of this horrible customer service, I had previously ordered Wifi Extenders through Frontier (NEVER EVER DO THIS!), and when a tech came out and determined that they were defective, I followed Frontier's directions and returned the extenders by using the mailing packet they sent me. This was back in October/November. They have refused to refund me the $145 that they charged me on my bill (which I paid for back then) for the return of these devices. I learned last week that Frontier has declined to approve the credit to my account, and now tell me that I have to track down the company that sells these devices to Frontier myself to chase after the refund because it is neither a Frontier customer service nor tech support nor billing issue (this is the answer I got after getting the run around between these departments over the span of a few calls).

This is the absolute very worst customer service I have ever experienced. The representatives do not share information on an account, do not take notes on calls, are generally unreliable, incompetent, and some are clearly rude, and some have no idea what they are talking about. This company clearly has no regard to serving their customers. Even among supervisors and managers, there was no consistency of reliable information. As to the refund I am owed for the extenders, Frontier acted in bad faith and I feel defrauded.

Frontier has to have the most unprofessional customer care team I have ever encountered. I ordered service on January 20, 2017. Was given a February 2 install date, NO CALL NO SHOW, was told they had an emergency and we were pushed back to 7th. NO CALL NO SHOW, AGAIN! So today this time the tech was on a bonded job and was told not before the 16th. Each rep gave me the same pre-written excuses on why we had to wait 3 days for no service! I HATE THIS COMPANY, TIME WARNER IS THE BEST CHOICE AROUND, YOU DON'T GET LIED TO. I have a migraine from all the hour long calls that produced absolutely NOTHING. How do they stay in business? They don't care about the little people anymore! I had reps snap and scream at me. I've had reps to talk about me and forgot to press mute. Please don't waste your time or $$. Horrible company!

I was scheduled for Frontier self install phone & web & they never sent materials or followed through. Scheduled 2nd time, I took off work due to being informed tech would need indoor access, they didn't. Phone services went out and everyday I called and was told someone would call me back, never happened. Internet went out 02/1/17 told on that day a tech would come out 02/06/17 between 8 & 5 and no one showed after I took off work again. I asked Frontier if I could disconnect and termination fee be waived because I have none of services I requested, I was told no and someone will call me in the morning to see if they can squeeze me in for the next couple of days! Unbelievable!!!

When I was getting dissatisfied with the cost of internet services they blew me off. So I cancelled my internet with them and then they still billed me for another month after I disconnected with them. When I tried to contact them they gave me all sorts of runaround and would not refund the money they owed me and told me I had to wait 1-3 billing cycles before I received a check from them in the mail.

On my 3rd attempt in 2 months to finally get some answers and what they owed me they said, "It will not be 'til March 2017 it takes 3 billing cycles to get your money back." I canceled in late December of 2016. They are a very dishonest company that takes no time to get their money you owe them but when they owe you money they sit on it earning interest off your money and then if lucky you get your refund they have owed you for months. I'm sorry but they can with technology today get money to you within 24 hours but they are cheats and dishonest and down right out rude to their customers.

I've been fighting with Frontier since they bought it from Verizon. My bill went up $60 a month more, when I questioned why my bill went so high they told me all my promotions from Verizon were over, tried to explain I was with Verizon 10 years there were no promotions. They said nothing, had to cancel my home phone for a $30 a month savings. Well did it and my bill went up even higher. Called again they said to lower my Internet for a $10 a month savings. Bill still didn't go down a dime but now I can only use my wifi in the living room only so no internet anywhere else in the house. Finally got a woman named Asia on the phone. She knocked my bill down to $120 a month, she gave me her number and extension if I have any problems call her.

Next month bill comes in $170 I pay it. The next 4 bills between $170-$200 so finally I call "Asia" at her extension. Well wouldn't you know it extension not valid, no one there knows "Asia". New bill $227 and every time I turn on the tv I have less and less stations, they disconnect an average of 1 channel per week. I call them they have no idea about my bill, they just seem to charge whatever they want. Every month my bill varies so much I can't make heads or tails of it. I don't use pay per view, don't buy movies, slowest internet, 1/2 the channels I had yet my bill is $50-$70 more than Verizon with a home phone and wifi I could get anywhere in my home and outside. I am now going to stop paying my bills until someone can help me or figure out what they're charging me for.

We have signed up for Frontier communications in Victorville Ca since the apartment complex only allows this company for internet and TV. We were initially signed up by an "area manager" who came personally to the apartment and made us sign papers with quotes on it. Initial monthly payment quote was only $106/month for TV and 100/100 internet. He also assured us we are to get a $400 Amazon gift card after 60 days. A date for installation was set and we were told we are all set. Installation day came and no one came and no one called to let us know what's going on. We tried calling the "area manager" several times and also had the apt manager call him to no avail.

We called Frontier were told by the rep there was a problem- they wanted us to pay $129/month. we were all set up and agreed for that amount again since we have no choice. We were given a confirmation email of the quote that we agreed and the rep reassured us that it will be the final quote and also told us we will get $400 Amazon gift card in 60 days. We have the service installed and everything was alright until the first bill. We are now being charged for $149/month instead of $129 on the quote we agreed and signed up for.

We called Frontier and was told by the supervisor on duty that it was a wrong quote and that she can't honor it. I told her I have an email confirmation with the amount we agreed on and that I have a name of the employee. She informed that employee and she called me back the next day reassuring me that they will change the bill to $129 as agreed and that it is correct. Up to date, that never happened and that 60 days has passed and we haven't received $400 Amazon card. I chatted with Frontier and apparently it is yet again a miscommunication since it is a 90 day wait.

Worst customer service ever, worst business practice seems to be so unethical in many ways. The internet is not as fast as promised. Can't wait to leave their services. So unfortunate that Riverton of High Desert only allows them to their apartment complex here in Victorville. If you can, please don't sign up for Frontier Communications to avoid this hassles. I have all the communications with them if one needs to verify.

The worst consumer experience to date in my 39y! I of course had Verizon like most that go switched to Frontier. Immediately I started receiving bills that were over $100 higher. After paying a few, since of course I'm extremely busy and didn't really pay attention, I decided to pull out past bills to review. On 12/16/16 I finally called when a competitor service company was offering lower rates. The rep told me "that's not possible for me to match their pricing. That must not be true." So I read her the full ad with the disclosures. Finally after almost an hour she gave me a confirmation number and stated my bill will be dropping to a total of $133 before taxes and she would give me free HBO for 6 months.

So again, in January I receive a bill for the same higher amount (totaling over $300). I call on 1/3/17 and go through the entire process again. They state "oh, it looks like to order never went through". After another hour they said they were "able" to get my bill lowered, but I will not get HBO. FINE! Do you think my bill was lower? Nope, it is now $10.00 more a month, plus the pay per view of $64.99 which on the TV when we ordered the pay per view it said it was $49.99.

Currently I am on the phone with their rep after the 1st call today was "disconnected" when the 1st rep said he couldn't help me. Now I'm on the phone, it has been over 45 minutes. The new rep is getting "adjustments" made. They are telling me they'll credit me and make changes to the account. I'm assuming this will go the same as all their other customers and my own experience. I have ZERO faith that they will actually adjust my bill! All of their customers should band together. What legislator can we call or report their fraudulent activity to?

I can confirm everything said on these reviews. Internet and phone went out 12/28/2016. Numerous calls for service restoration resulted in partial service... less than 1Mbps when we are paying for 10Mbps. Still waiting for tech support to arrive and it is 2/4/2017. What a lousy company. The only reason they are still in business is because of lack of FCC oversight. If I could change companies I would. No competition in the area.

If you have someone from Frontier Communications show up at your door offering their service throw them off of your property as fast as you can. I have never dealt with such a group of incompetent people in my entire life. They required a credit card to set up my account but told me it would not be charged. They then charged me $136 dollars. I was told they would port my phone number I had for over 30 years over and they did not. So I missed countless Dr. confirmations and when I called them about it they said, "we are sorry but there is nothing we can do." I was told my bundle that I ordered would be 90 dollars with tax. My first bill was $120 and I was told they would adjust it.

My second month's bill, I ordered a movie, came in at $150. So I called and told them I wanted to cancel my phone number and TV service. They told me it would be $69 dollars if I kept the modem and $64 if I used my own. So I sent the cable modem back and bought my own. I set it up and was told to call them and give them the Mac address so they could turn me onto their system. When I called them they told me I had to run an ethernet cable from my garage to my new modem and that was the way to get it to work. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with THESE PEOPLE. Verizon was a decent company to do business with but these people SUCK!!! Tell everyone you know about their deceptive practices and warn your friends and neighbors!!!

Terrible with helping customers. They never send me bills, I have not known my account number, poor customer service! I do not recommend getting into a contract with them. They are the worst Company I have ever experience.

In my opinion a 1 star rating is too high! My 79 yr old mother used services starting out with Verizon. Was a customer throughout the change to Frontier. She used a bundled package. Phone, internet, tv. All was fine. She paid on time every month. Never late, not once. Never having an interruption service. Then in 2012 she was planning a move from Idaho to Washington where she wasnt able to use Frontiers services. The month before her planned move she called the company to unsubscribe to their services. At this time she asked them what she owed total so she would be completely paid up with them. They gave her the ending balance which she promptly paid as well as turning in all equipment used for their services. Then she made her move satisfied that all commitments had been fulfilled.

After living in Washington for 4 plus years. She moved back to Idaho for health reasons. Moving in with her Son. Upon arriving she once again wanted to resume the bundled services she uses. So of course she called Frontier Communications. Imagine her surprise when they told her hookup was not possible until she paid an outstanding bill of $95.00 which by the end of the call had jumped to $300.00+. She of course couldn't understand how this was possible. They kept repeating that she had another month service she hadn't paid for.

So, she had called them with the disconnect date, asked for her ending balance. Paid that amnt. Turned in all her equipment by the stated disconnect date.] And unbeknownst to her Frontier just added on another month of service? To a Residence that wasn't even equipped with the devices to use the bundled services!!! With no notice to her at all??

Finally, her son took the phone and was told the same info. He told them they were wrong and to look up her account again. It was their error and needed to be corrected. He had the same conversation with several different people and having to be on hold numerous times. They told him finally that they would turn service on for $160.00. But that was the best they would do. During these many conversations he made reference to the fact that his mother never once received a bill in the mail, or a phone call. THERE WAS NO CONTACT FROM FRONTIER ABOUT AN OUTSTANDING BILL AT ALL, EVER. They only learned of this when she contacted them that very day.

So finally they told him to call back 3 days later and they would see if they could have the charges dropped. He did and they said no, they needed the outstanding bill paid. Conclusion. There is no outstanding bill owed. We will NOT be using or recommending them. We are interested in pursuing this further. Especially after reading the comments here. If we would all do this then these deplorable business practices would have to stop.

Frontier Communications Company Profile