2.36/5
Based on 1,165 ratings submitted in the last year

Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

View More View More

4435 Frontier Communications Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2019

First, your site sucks as I wrote this review, submitted it, then the site tells me to login. I get that taken care of and I find my review gone! Now to recreate: My parent's house was burnt to the ground with my brother in it Aug 2018. I immediately cancelled all utilities. However, Frontier decided or thought I was kidding and kept on billing for the service. I didn't give it another thought until I (SPR) received a letter in Dec 2018 stating that $200 and change was owed on the account. Of course, it wasn't going to be paid, but I called and the CSR thought she was doing me a favor by discontinuing that day. Now it has been turned over to a collection agency who, unfortunately, will not get any money as Frontier sold them a bad bill of goods. Frontier is a company of whom I'd never recommend their services to anyone.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have been Frontier client (internet service) for about 3.5 years, I requested service cancellation on April 15th (day before was Sunday so I couldn't reach Customer service representative to do this at that day). Cancellation has been fulfilled on 16th of April, but frontier still billed me for full month because new billing cycle started on April 15th (April 15th - May 14th ).

I wasn't inform during cancellation process about it, representative person just said that they will bill me 9.99 $ cancellation fee without additional charges. After I received bill I called Support to put my internet back until bill cycle will end (May 14th) or prorate my bill for the time i was using it, but they didn't want to do this. In conclusion they charged me for full month,but they turn off their service after 2 days of billing cycle, so I have to pay them for nothing . It is very dishonest and in my opinion they doing it intentionally to get additional money from people that are not longer their customers. Thank You.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I am convinced that this company does not care whether they have business or not. I have been scheduled and rescheduled to have service since 4/1/19. It is now 4/21/19 and I have been promised 6 different times that they are coming, I wait here for their 4-5 hour window, no one called or showed up on all 6 occasions. Customer service does not call to reschedule, I have to call them, they feed me a line of crap and tell me what I want to hear with no follow through on anything. Yesterday I got a postcard saying they're trying to get ahold of me, I've gotten no phone calls not any voicemails from them and they have 2 different numbers to reach me on. This company is crap and I haven't even gotten their service yet. Sadly this is the only company that comes out this far for phone or Internet. Maybe if they had some competition they would step up their game. This is ridiculous.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have a heart condition. Live alone. No telephone. Emergency button can't use with no phone. I call in - take 5 days to help me. Have reported several times. Can you help me. Cell phones don't work where I live. I am very concerned. Also have neighbors same problem. Every time it rains lose service.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Horrible customer service. I have been trying for two months to resolve a problem. Every customer service person I talked to said they could help me but it turns out they didn’t. Still getting charged for auto pay on an account that has been closed. Even the account manager has not gotten back to me for over a week. Absolutely frustrated. Unfortunately I live out in the country and Frontier is my only option. If you can avoid them, please do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: April 19, 2019

I got a problem with my router randomly disconnecting devices both through cable and wi-fi. When I rebooted the router it sometimes went back to factory settings, changing SSID and passwords without confirmation. When I called tech support the guy was unable to check my router remotely, he said, but we managed to reset it to factory settings. As I told him that this happened already a few times before and it didn't solve the problem, he refused to believe this. He became very unfriendly as I was trying to explain the problem. At the end he asked me "Is there anything else I can do for you?".

I answered "Yes. Please fix this problem with YOUR router". He finished the conversation and left me hanging. The problem persists. The router is still defective. This is the WORST support I ever got. I wouldn't even dare to call it 'customer' support. When this company was still run by Verizon a few years ago customer support was stellar. Now in the hands of Frontier it's nowhere near the heels of Verizon.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Worst company ever do not ever do services with them unless you want ** service, poor customer service, and threatening letters for billing issues that were their fault. I've been dealing with them sending me bills for over four months now and threatening to turn me over to collections for $312 because they did not cancel my services when they were supposed to and continued billing me for 2 more months. I contacted them three times each time with a promise by the customer service representative and a manager that the issue would be corrected and I should not receive any more bills.

To add insult to injury after the third time I contacted them on April 2nd which once again I was promised the issue would be taken care of, I received a bill for not only $312 but $746. I just attempted to call again for a fourth time yet still no resolution to the billing problem that they created. Like I said worst company ever I will never go back to them even if they are the last company available and I do not recommend them to anyone! Looks like I have to get an attorney now and sue Frontier to get this issue resolved????

Original review: April 18, 2019

About 5 months ago I was considering Frontier for my internet carrier. I gave them a call and inquired about cost and other things. After talking with them I like the cost because it was the cheapest offer I had gotten. So, I decided to try their service. I spoke with their sales person by phone. I gave them my address and stuff then they set up a connection date. They told me that before the connection date that they would mail me a modem and that I should receive it a couple days before the actual connection date. Well, a day before the connection date I still had not received the modem. I called them and they told me that it might arrive on connection day. Well, I did not receive it on the connection day because they had mailed it to the wrong address. So, I called them and aired my grieve.

Since I didn't have the modem, how can I be connected? So I told them that I have had a change of heart and no longer wanted them or their service because I did not trust them. Well, the sales or customer service I spoke with said "no problem." They told me that because of their Bill-Cycle that I might still receive a Bill from them and to just ignore it because they have made the changes in their computer system. Anyway, I went along living life and did receive a Bill in the mail approximately a month later. I did just what they told me to do. I ignored it.

Well, somehow they did not take care of it and even sent my account to a collection agency called "Eastern Credit Collection." They have been making threatening calls to me with court case and all that. I called Frontier and spoke with them and they acknowledged the mistake but said there is nothing they can do about it now. CAN ANYONE OUT HERE TELL ME HELPFUL ACTIONS THAT I CAN DO. THIS IS NOT RIGHT AND EVEN BORDERS ON CRIMINAL. Please help, somebody please. Thanks.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I was online with Frontier Live Chat about a problem I was having with "their" equipment. The service technician told me to reboot my Fios Router, then both set top boxes. Wait for the router to reboot, then plug both set top boxes back in, then let her know when everything was back running. I did exactly what she asked for. When I got back to my Live Chat, I had been disconnected for being inactive for more than 3 minutes. Every employee at Frontier knows their set top boxes will not reboot and return to normal in 3 minutes. The router by itself takes more than 3 minutes to reboot. I did not choose Frontier for my service. Verizon dumped it on us when they sold out.

Original review: April 18, 2019

We had a home phone for approximately two years and there was always a problem. We would have so much static on the line you could not make a call or we would have an old fashioned party line with at least four on the line at once. This problems happened not just in the state I am currently living in but another state as well. As far as the internet goes we have been without service multiple days at least five times in the past year. They give you repair dates and time but don't count on it. I just had a new modem installed last week. It doesn't work correctly, suppose to be taken care of yesterday, changed to today. I still have timed internet. I can use it for five to twenty minutes at a time. Then I have to wait for my next internet time.

They didn’t find a problem with my line or on their end so now we will get a modem sometime next week. The worst company to do business with. We stream our TV and that is the only reason Frontier in in this house. We live in a rural area and they are the only carrier that has the capability to allow us to stream. Trust me I am searching for anyone in the area that can provide me service. My advice to anyone stay away from Frontier. This comes from someone who has had the service in two different states. Sorry to say it gets no better.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I called to cancel my service after it not working well for two weeks and due to the fact that we recently were able to gain service for a much cheaper rate through a cell provider. (Up until this point, Frontier had been our only option- 6 years). I apparently called the day after my billing cycle and was told that I would have to pay for the entire next month and that there was nothing they were willing to do about it. SIX YEARS always paid on time. Couldn't believe that they were not willing to pro-rate the last month. SO ridiculous. I would say that if you have ANY other options you should certainly explore those first. Terrible customer service. Zero loyalty. Poor, poor experience.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I spent hours this morning trying to get someone to help setup the new modem they sent me. After an hour on hold I got someone but we had problems communicating from the start. I told him I had been working on the modem all morning and changed it to our old settings to save changing passwords. That I couldn't connect by hard wire or wireless but the modem page said GO and that I was connected, but I couldn't get online.

He kept referring to a wireless connection, and I kept saying I couldn't connect by hard wire or wireless either one. He told me to connect my computer by wire to the modem, and again I told him it already was connected by wire. He said go to my address bar and type in 192.168... I stopped him and said if we're heading to the modem I was already signed in. I'm sorry but when he said "I know what I'm doing... go to your address bar and type in 192.168... I gave up and hung up. This was my second call trying to find someone I could understand, and could understand me.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We cancelled our two accounts in January after trying for 2 months for Frontier Communications to cancel our accounts. After multiple calls to sales agents, we called again in January after receiving bills for a service that we (again) cancelled in January. We were billed for late fees and services AFTER we cancelled. Today, April 14, we again have received a letter from Billing saying that we owe Frontier! We cancelled and paid everything necessary in January BUT now Frontier is again billing us and also stating that they will be turning us over to a collection agency!

Frontier Communications keeps billing us AFTER we have cancelled our accounts. They refuse to stop billing us. They will not update their systems and continue to harass us with threatening letters even though we no longer have their service and no longer owe them any money. Nobody at Frontier wants to help us. We get our complaints "escalated" but nothing happens; just more bills and threats. This is unacceptable for a company to refuse to accept a former customer's cancellation and for them to continue to bill people who have cancelled. We may need to find an attorney and call Florida's Attorney General's office to somehow get Frontier to stop harassing us with their unethical billing practices.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have had Fios for years and it has not been good service. I have had technicians out piecing together fixes that did not work but still I stuck with them until it degraded more and more. After spending lots of money on an independent tech to try to boost the service I looked into other providers. BEFORE I switched I called Frontier and I asked if there were any fees to terminate my service and I was told NO. I have the name of the employee his badge # and date of call. Frontier’s office of the President has confirmed that I was indeed told there would be no fees. The board however doesn’t care about that. They are demanding over $1400.00 in termination fees. This is an unethical company.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I am a disabled senior citizen and Frontier Communications has closed about 5 service tickets for my service repair for phone and Internet without ever coming to my home. Every time I call them they say they are going to escalate my issue but they never do because when I called back there is no trace of my ticket. I feel like they are not taking me seriously because I am a senior citizen and I am feeling very hopeless at this point. My wife fell down the other day and we couldn't even call 911. This is unacceptable.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I've had Frontier since they purchased the phone, internet and TV division from Verizon. I've had multiple times where I needed to call the company to correct one issue or another and without fail, I would receive answers that make no sense and would often contradict what I would be told the times I requested, and spoke with, a supervisor. I've cancelled my TV and phone service with Frontier and it literally took 7 phone calls over 3 days. I spoke with 8 people in those 7 calls (one was a supervisor) and every time I received different information.

It appears that Frontier either doesn't train their employees or their training is to make sure you are told incorrect information multiple times in an effort to make you give up trying to stop their service and just settle for keeping it. I've never dealt with a company so dishonest before and I'm only keeping the wireless with them as there is only one other carrier for wireless in my area and they have an even worse reputation. Be aware of this company. They will intentionally lie to you every time you call.

Original review: April 11, 2019

2 years of service with no contact and decided to cancel. They charge for disconnecting services and will not prorate a refund. None of which were discussed when signing up. Their excuse is that they changed the terms of service during our time first year. Kept an entire month of service plus the disconnect fee. WILL NEVER GO BACK.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Have had the same phone and internet service for 12 years. Local calling landline and 1g of internet been $55.00. Now FRONTIER went up overnight to $103.00 + tax for the same service. Called to see what happened and was told a price jump in my local phone service but offered me unlimited long distance and 9g internet for $70.00 a month. So I took the offer then the next day the serviceman shows up and tells me I can’t get 9g internet and I’m the 10th one in my area that day with the same issue that Frontier told that to. So now I’m stuck paying $103.00+ tax for a local only phone line and 1g of internet. It takes 8 min. just to pull up Frontier’s homepage. This company is not a good one and if I could get cell service that would work in my area I would shut it down but can’t get solid cell service here. Going to see if I can file a complaint with the BBB.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I just cancelled my home Internet with Frontier Communications. How ironic, because I believe they have NO customer or communications skills. The customer service I spoke with, was very rude, and unprofessional. The reason I decided to cancel my services with them, is because they are way over price, in other words, a Rip-Off! I did a little research on home internet prices, and found one for $24 less a month, for what I was paying. Frontier was charging me $68.98 a month just for internet services, and I got 3 times more speed, for $24 less. That's how much over price Frontier is compare with Spectrum, and other carriers. Then on top of that, I called to cancel my services with them, on April 10th, and their customer service told me that I will be charged for the entire month. Unbelievable! Frontier is a serious RIP-OFF! Stay clear away from them, unless you like to be taking advantage of, or being treated rudely.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I had an account with them for over 3 years. I moved and called to simply transfer services to my new address. They could not find my new address in their system so they told me they had to create an entire new acct for me and treat it as a new install. Also, run my credit again which cost me 3 hard inquiry points to my credit score. I was told I would not have to pay the technician installation fee and equipment installation fee because it was not a new install it was a transfer. They assured me along with a manager named William that notes would be added to my acct.

I was told that I would just need to call back after I received the bill and the notes would be there for the person who took my call to review and adjust my bill. I just called and there are no notes I was told. I don’t know where the notes were left either on my old acct or new acct but I have called 3 times and was told the notes were there and not to worry. I think they either deleted the notes so I would be forced to pay this installation when it should have been a transfer. Or never left the notes at all. I stayed with this company when I should have left for a new company.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have a billing dispute with Frontier Communication. They say I owe them $51.53, when in fact they owe me $19.07. The account was current with a zero balance when I called to get my phone disconnected. I got both a confirmation number for the call and a disconnect confirmation number. They put the number on vacation hold instead. I got a bill for the next month so I called and the agent issued a credit and actually got the phone disconnected. The billing department can see the credit in the notes, but they can't apply it to the bill because the number has been disconnected. Billing says talk to the collections department. The collections department says talk to billing.

I have made 5 or 6 calls and gotten transferred from department to department. Once I was on hold for 30 minutes and Frontier dropped the call. I have spent several hours on the phone. Their phone mail system always starts out asking if I want new service or to add services to an existing account so I have to go through a long phone tree before I get a speak to a person. The automated system always asks for the phone number and the very first thing the person asks for is the phone number and PIN; even when I am being transferred from one department to another. This is a company run by idiots. I don't why anyone would do business with this company. Wired phones are history and Frontier Communications needs to go out of business. I would give them negative stars if it were possible.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

I have a remote cabin 20 miles into the woods. My wife needs a landline because she is on call with the local hospital and there is zero cell coverage. I called Frontier and was told that due to the remote location, they'd have to research the possibility of a phone up there. My neighbor has Frontier phone, so I knew it would be no problem. 3 months later, I called again and was told that they could not do Internet there. I told them I was not interested in internet and that I only called for a landline telephone. They told me "no problem" and scheduled their install guy about 3 weeks later. They apologized profusely for the long delay, and assured me installation would be free by way of compensation.

I gave Frontier my correct mailing address, for where I live, not for the cabin, and a credit card to get the ball rolling on the new service. Note that when I first called, there was no snow on the ground, but nearly four months later, everything is buried. Long story short, the install guy arrived hours late and installed the phone line. Never got a bill, but since Frontier did not seem to be "coordinated" we just figured it would arrive when it arrived. We went up there this weekend and afterwards learned that our daughter had been calling all weekend looking for us. The phone never rang. Turns out Frontier turned off the phone for non-payment.

I called them and they said two late fees had accrued and they turned the phone off. They also wanted install fees. They refused to waive the fees. I corrected the mailing address, paid with the credit card, and will wait for the next bill, which I suspect they will send to the woods again. If Frontier was not the only phone game in town up there, I would cancel. Unbelievable experience from the very beginning.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 7, 2019

Recently placed a disconnect due to a move where new address has a Homeowners' Association (HOA) cable/internet contract with a different cable/internet company. So I don't have any choice in my next cable/internet selection. I was told by Frontier Service Rep at the time of disconnect it doesn't matter what date in between my billing cycle I use as a disconnect because Frontier bills in advance for monthly services. The entire month's bill has to be paid in full for that billing cycle. It just so happens I am moving on day 15 of my billing cycle. My bill is just under $176/month. So, Frontier is keeping about $88 of my money for unused services!!! Interestingly computer systems can be designed to prorate billing at every other company!!!! Again, IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, NOT THE CUSTOMER!!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2019

Have a scheduled disconnect from Frontier for tomorrow (to switch to Spectrum) and Frontier disconnected me today. Now they are telling me that they are going to charge me an additional fee to reconnect service that I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR (billing cycle is through tomorrow). Wow... Seems like Frontier is being hateful just because I am switching internet providers. Shame on you Frontier. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB. #FrontierCommunications

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 4, 2019

We cancelled Frontier for terrible service. Internet service is almost non existent and am told I have to pay a 9.99 disconnect fee and they will not pro rate bill. Is it even legal to charge for services not provided?

Original review: April 3, 2019

Been with Frontier many years. My 2-year plan ended. Without any contact bills went up over a $100 a month. The more I complained the more the bills went up. They would not let me out of my plan or negotiate without signing a new 2-year plan. It's like being held hostage. Having to take them to court.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Frontier Communications should not be allowed to continue business. Since they took over from Verizon they have provided the worst customer service on the planet. "FUBAR" is the best way to describe them! My CC # is in the business account for auto-pay, every six months or so we get kicked off the auto-pay system. I've taken many steps to explain this to customer service, but they blow me off. Today, I was verbally assaulted by a customer service rep., which the rep did not document, so I am not able to file a formal complaint. I was bounced to 5 different divisions! Names of Frontier reps you should avoid Rep. Lisa, Supervisor, Trish, Rep. Mariam and Rep. Tenille.

Original review: April 1, 2019

The only reason businesses like Frontier and Comcast are still around is because all the competitors suck equally. As soon as one company comes around that isn't ran with greed and carelessness, these businesses will thankfully be bulldozed. Frontier's service is hit or miss. When it goes out, it can take weeks for it to be fixed. It's terrible that I am given a 4 hour window on when they will arrive to do their job, and it's worse when they never show up. Hold on, it's really bad when I assume they will never show up because that is more likely. A corporation should have enough organizational skills to pinpoint a timeframe of arrival, and actually stick to the time. If you're not going to ever show up, at least give a courtesy call.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I was offered a retention offer in Dec 2018 for 12 months. And since then not a single bill has reflected the offer and I was being charged random amounts each month, with me having to call to get a bill credit. Now they are even refusing to honor their retention offer... I have a email response from a Frontier account manager telling me the offer was made in Dec '18 and now its March '19 lots has changed since. When I asked to disconnect if they cannot honor their offer, I was told there is an early termination fee (ETF) owed, because I had agreed to it... Yes I agreed to it.. But SO did you Frontier to honor the retention offer which made me accept the ETF.

Original review: March 30, 2019

If I could give frontier -5 stars, I would. When the internet actually works, then I am satisfied. However, my service fades in and out all day long. I called customer service and they said it should not fade in and out...duh! If I'm paying for a service, I expect it to work. I understand if it is slow, but half of the time, I have no signal. I would recommend staying as far away from Frontier internet as possible.

Frontier Communications Company Information