3.7/5 (1215 ratings)

About Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications® is a Fiber, Copper and Fixed-Wireless network provider that offers services in 25 states. Frontier offers customers unlimited tech support, a dependable connection for a monthly prices that’s been called the best value in Internet services. Visit its website to find out if its services are available in your state.

Pros

• Fiber optic internet
  • Variety of plans
  • Bundle options

Cons

• Limited nationwide service

Bottom Line

Frontier Communications has bundled internet, TV and phone options that work well for some people. It’s not available everywhere and reviews mention service issues, but some consumers report being satisfied with it.

Top Frontier Communications Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Verified

I have had Frontier for years, and they have been almost the only option in my rural area ... I could not be happier with my service, and I have recommended them to several of my ...

Verified

My set top box locked up and I could not get it to reboot ... I called Frontier technical support and talked to Angela. She talked me through several steps ... She was polite and ...

What is Frontier Communications?

Frontier Communications is a wireless network provider that offers TV, phone and internet services. Like its competitors, Frontier has bundled services at a lower price than its standalone options. Internet options include traditional high-speed internet and fiber optic internet. Frontier Communications partners with DISH Network to offer DISH TV.

Frontier Communications price

Frontier Communications' plans and pricing vary based on location, but monthly costs for bundles typically start at $54.99 a month. Router services fees are an additional $10 a month. The table below features sample costs for plans based in Texas.

CostSpeed
FiOS 50/50 Internet + TV$54.9950 Mbps
FiOS 500/500 Internet + TV$64.99500 Mbps
FiOS 50/50 Internet, TV + home phone$64.9950 Mbps
FiOS 1G service + TV$99.99940 Mbps download, 880 Mbps upload

Frontier Internet plans

Frontier Communications has three internet options: traditional high-speed internet, FiOS and Vantage. Check what’s offered in your location; services vary by area. Standalone internet service costs $27.99 to $44.99 a month.

• High-speed internet: Although it’s called high-speed, this is the slowest internet option from Frontier. It works well for basic needs like checking email and browsing the web.
  • FiOS by Frontier: This fiber optic option from Frontier works well for gaming and streaming. It’s available in three different tiers: 50 Mbps, 500 Mbps and 940 Mbps. The 940 Mbps speed is only available with FiOS Gig Service.
  • Vantage by Frontier: Vantage has speeds that reach up to 200 Mbps in some areas. It’s best for multiple-device streaming, including 4K video, and fast downloads.

Frontier cable plans

At the time of publication, Frontier Communications mostly offered cable plans bundled with internet service, not as standalone options. Only the Dish TV plan is available for separate purchase.

• FiOS TV: Frontier Communications’ basic cable option includes sports channels, lifestyle channels, reality TV and on-demand movies. Bundles start at around $55 a month.
  • Vantage TV: Vantage TV is Frontier’s comprehensive option and has sports, news, movies, entertainment and international channels. Cable/internet bundles start at $82.99 a month.
  • Dish TV: Dish TV plans range from about $60 a month up to $95 a month. Basic plans have 120 channels. The comprehensive plan has 250 channels.

Frontier Communications FAQ

Is Frontier Communications available in my location?
Frontier Communications has service in Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
What services does Frontier Communications offer?
Frontier Communications has internet, cable and phone services.
How fast is Frontier internet?
Frontier has high-speed internet as fast as 12 Mbps. This works well for most homes and small businesses. Vantage by Frontier reaches 200 Mbps in some areas, and FiOS is as fast as 1 Gbps. This is better for those needing much faster internet for gaming or streaming on multiple devices.
What channels are included in Frontier packages?
Channels vary based on package, but customers can access news, sports and lifestyle channels plus on-demand movies and international channels.

Is Frontier Communications good?

Frontier Communications has had issues in the past with delivering reliable service. The company declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy in April 2020, but it continues to offer service to customers. Some reviews mention being satisfied with Frontier Communications services. If the pricing and services offered seem fair to you, Frontier Communications is worth considering.

Frontier Communications Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I prefer to use the Frontier chat for quick correspondence, however, the agents are rude (repeatedly disconnect the chat) and have asked me for my full social security number numerous times. Today the agent asked for some of my personal details and logged off all of a sudden. This is a red flag! On another note this company was supposed to transfer a previous address account to new one and did not. Months later I found out (after collections agencies called me) I was being charged for 2 accounts at same address. 1 account in collections. Also, I run rental properties and specifically advised the set up agent that I am using these services for rental properties and to block any additional paid features from being purchased. This last summer several months of additional charges in the hundreds on my bill, when I called to get it removed they would not do it. Stay away from this company!

Frontier Communications response

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, Arsh. We know how important it is for you to stay on top of the bills. That's totally not the experience we want for you. Are you still having billing issues? Please give us a chance to review them and help you. Just send us a message on Facebook (m.me/FrontierCorp) or Twitter (twitter.com/AskFrontier) anytime. -JK

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Frontier unduly charged our account, even after we canceled service, moved homes, and turned in our router. Frontier customer representatives admitted as much, notified us that we would not be billed further, and even stated there was a credit to offset the incorrect charge. However, there continued to be charges and then ongoing harassment. We will never use Frontier again and do not recommend using them if you value customer service.

Frontier Communications response

Hi Jarred. We're saddened to know that you have cancelled your service with us. What to expect after disconnecting the service? You could receive up to three separate bills over the next 90 days; your regular monthly bill, which is your last bill for service, the closing bill may include an Equipment Restocking Fee, any partial month charges, unpaid balances and early termination fees, and lastly a bill that could include applicable credits, refunds and unreturned equipment fee/credits. -JK

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

**- Disconnect on 12/19/22 due to move to North Carolina.

1) Was charged $20 restocking fee - Seriously? I’ve had an account over 2 years.
    2) Payment Amount: $70.47 taken 1/2/23.
    Frontier Account Ending In: **

Confirmation Code: **

I called Customer Service to ask why I was charged when my account was closed 12/19/22. I was told that Frontier does not pro-rate! So, I paid 14 days for NOTHING! That is unethical and disappointing that a company of your size does not pro-rate and I paid for an I received service. Shame on you Frontier!

Elizabeth

Frontier Communications response

Hello, Elizabeth. Frontier services are billed on a monthly subscription, and a month in advance. There will be no partial-month credits for previously billed internet services. The equipment restocking fee helps cover the cost of arranging for the return of rented equipment and placing that equipment back in inventory. If you have further concerns, please don't hesitate to send us a message on Facebook (m.me/FrontierCorp) or Twitter (twitter.com/AskFrontier). You can reach us anytime. -JK

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Representatives working in chat customer service aren't helpful. I would post pictures of my experience to show the public if I could. Once they get annoyed, tired, or frustrated helping the customer, they pretend and make it seem like their chats aren't getting sent or going through and make it seem like it's a system issue. They keep you waiting without sending you a response and then eventually they do something to restart the chat and they transfer you to a different representative. Horrible and shoddy customer service.

Frontier Communications response

We are saddened to know that, Nancy. Our top priority is to help all of our customers. We don't tolerate any of that behavior. Are you still experiencing any service issues? Please give us a chance to help. At your convenience, just message us on Facebook (m.me/FrontierCorp) or Twitter (twitter.com/AskFrontier) so we can rectify this. Please stay safe. -JK

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

1 GB speed and I am getting 80 GB speed on wireless. Technician came out said they can’t do anything about it since they don’t guarantee wireless speed. Apparently Verizon wants you to walk all around your house connected to a wire. Worst service I have seen. All calls go thru the Philippines and they don’t understand, can’t find your account, ask you to repeat everything 20 times and when it gets too hard for them to understand or the issue is too difficult they hang up on you.

Frontier Communications response

Hello, Luis. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We know how important it is for you to get a seamless and uninterrupted service connection. Usually, for wireless connections, speeds may vary due to several factors, such as the activities you do online, and the number of devices connected to the internet. Is the service issue still ongoing? We'd like to help. Just send us a message on Facebook (m.me/FrontierCorp) or Twitter (twitter.com/AskFrontier). You can reach us anytime. -JK

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I have been with this internet and phone company for many year only because there is no alternative. The service is horrible. My internet has been acting up since May of 2022. This past week I lost all internet and phone services. I was told the soonest they can get here is December 30. This is a complete month of no service if an emergency arises. I can't even call 911 for help they do not care. They are almost impossible to get a credit from them for not delivering the product we pay for. It is soon time to look into satellite internet.

Frontier Communications response

It saddens us to hear that this has been your experience lately, John. We definitely want to do what we can on our end to make this right, starting with identifying the cause and getting this resolved. Please send us a private message on Facebook (m.me/FrontierCorp) or Twitter (twitter.com/AskFrontier). You can reach us anytime. -JK

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

My internet is super slow 11 mbps and .9 mbps. My 1 hour 45 minute call allowed me to explain 4 different times. Next appointment was 2 weeks away. Scheduled between 8am and noon. No tech showed up...I was not notified that the appointment was not going to occur. I called. Was was told this was peak season and a tech was not assigned yet and that Frontier would call me back in an hour. He would not tell me if a tech would be arriving on this day or not...eventually I learned that I had been rescheduled for 2 weeks later.

Frontier Communications response

Hello, Michael. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We know how important it is for you to get a seamless and uninterrupted service connection. We would like to help further. At your convenience, please don't hesitate to send us a private message on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FrontierCorp/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/FrontierCorp). We are available 24/7. -JK

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Frontier was perhaps the only internet service available in our somewhat rural neighborhood for many years, and because of that, the slow internet speeds were just something we got accustomed to for our family needs. During the pandemic, a hotspot was leased from a cellular carrier in order to provide additional bandwidth for working from home. When news of a new internet service provider being an option in our neighborhood came in early 2022, almost everyone here jumped at the chance to switch. That is when the true colors of Frontier's customer service came to light, as knowing they were losing 25+ customers caused a service disruption to go on for weeks. We literally had no internet service from them for almost two months.

Phone calls resulted in a scheduled technician visit, but no one ever showed up, and no follow up was received. To make matters worse, the monthly billing invoices arrived with no adjustments, and additional calls had to be made to fix two months worth of billing discrepancies. Ironically, after our new provider started service and we canceled Frontier, I received text messages saying the service outage had finally been fixed. We also received an invoice for equipment that was returned, which required another phone call to resolve, and now I just paid a $10 "Disconnect Fee" just to make it go away rather than waste more of my time disputing another (last?) attempt at a money grab. All in all, the subpar service capabilities were mostly out of Frontier's control and were understood to be the best they could offer, but the bitter taste of poor customer service - which is 100% controllable - will be the lasting memory of our time with their company.

Frontier Communications response

Hello, Tim. We are saddened to know that you have already left us. If we could turn back time, we would do everything in our power to resolve your issue, as that is not the experience we want for you. We will continue to improve our services to provide the best customer service experience. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to send us a private message on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FrontierCorp/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/FrontierCorp). We are available 24/7. -JK

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I have been with this cable service since AT&T had it. Over time there is less new Content and the bill keeps getting higher. I’m coming to understand that cable TV is a scam and you can just pick and choose what you want and pay for that. Frontier is a joke.

Frontier Communications response

Hello, Sean. We always fight hard for our customers in negotiations for the channels you've enjoyed, but the rising cost of their rights has driven up costs. However, these changes do not impact your bill. You may visit https://frontier.com/channel-updates/main for more details. If you still have concerns. Please do not hesitate to send us a message on Facebook (m.me/FrontierCorp) or Twitter (twitter.com/AskFrontier). -JK

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I was without internet for almost a month before I finally canceled my service (today Nov 7). I called probably 10 times regarding the same issue. I was constantly promised to "expedite" my ticket and that the agent was "going to follow up tomorrow" and no one ever did! No one ever got back to me. No one ever communicated why a technician never showed up for the appointment I had set up. When I called to cancel my service they acted like they didn't even care. I had this internet for over a year and it was worst customer service I ever experienced in my life.

Frontier Communications response

Hi, Cortney. We apologize if you had trouble getting your services repaired. We certainly want to keep our commitments to our customers and show up for appointments as scheduled. We're saddened to hear that you've already cancelled your service with us. Our Social Media team is available 24/7 if you still have concerns. Please do not hesitate to send a message on Facebook (m.me/FrontierCorp) or Twitter (twitter.com/AskFrontier). -AT

Frontier Communications Company Information