1.26/5
Based on 659 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 22, 2018

3823 Frontier Communications Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

I called early Saturday morning because my internet was not working. After staying on the phone for 45 minutes I was told that they would have to send a technician out to fix the problem. When they gave me my appointment I was appalled at the timeframe it takes to send some out to work on the problem. They did not give me an appointment until Tuesday between 9-12 pm. I asked why it took so long & was informed they do not work on the weekend. This is unacceptable in my book. Later in the afternoon on Saturday my TV quit working also. I called back again & was informed that the problem was at the main box outside & could not be fixed until Tuesday.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Why wouldn't you have weekend crews working for outages? They have someone answering the calls 24/7 but do not have weekend crews. Any other company that I have used in the past - AT&T, Charter, Time Warner have all come out on the weekend to fix a problem. At least they all came on Saturday. I then asked to speak to billing to get a credit for the days I would be completely without service & was told that until they came out they could not give me a credit. Again I do understand why a credit can't be issued for the days they know I am going to be without service. I was told I had to call back that it would not be automatically applied to my account. WOW - sorry but this is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. When my contract is up I will be looking for a different company to do business with!!

Original review: April 21, 2018

First, after I got my first invoice I found 2 items I didn't order them. I called to ask for a refund. The representative was not helpful until I asked to speak to supervisor then she hanged up on me and never got hold of a supervisor. Then I called again a different person answered. I filed a complaint and got promised a supervisor will call me which never happened. Today I called as I got my new invoice and again items I didn't order added to it. Also when I signed up they told me there is an offer for one year from Amazon prime after I waited for 3 months. They told me it was before I signed up and they can't do anything about it. I have all the names of all people I spoke to. Supervisor she said, "I can't help you." I don't know how a big company promised then broke up their offers. It's really ridiculous and unacceptable.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We were switched to Frontier by Verizon automatically approx 2 years ago and right away our internet speed went downhill. We finally decided to switch to a company that could bundle our services (not available through Frontier in our area) and called to cancel our service. We had just received a letter letting us know that our promotion was expiring in less than 30 days and to call if we wanted to see what was available. To our amazement we just received a bill demanding not only our last month (of which we had cancelled halfway through) but also $124 early termination fee!!! We were not in a contract with them and explained this to the extremely rude woman in customer service who told us we should have "assumed" we were in a contract and would have to pay the early termination fee, plus it was not the person's job who took our cancellation of service phone call to inform us of such a fee.

Additionally she would not let us talk to her supervisor, nor would she connect us with the survey which was offered to us and which I requested to take; instead she hung up on us. Positively the rudest, most unethical company we have ever encountered. We will never ever recommend this company to anyone we know. They definitely lie by omission - terrible, terrible company and quite possibly the worst service provider around!

Original review: April 19, 2018

In December just changed my bill from $35.00 to $49. I cancelled on March 13 and they charged me for the whole month, I was 3 days in to a new billing. He told me I never called in to complain about my internet not working. This is the worst company I have ever had.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The games this company plays and the lengths that it goes to in order to add on sneaky services or have the simplest issue resolved is mind-blowing. Never less than an hour on the phone and switched between MULTIPLE people. Insanity and the issues are rarely resolved. Absolutely hate this company. It must be in the training to screw with folks endlessly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: April 17, 2018

Unfortunately I have been a Frontier customer for 9 years and have had nothing but 9 years of problems and headaches with these people. Constant problems with static on the line, people I call cannot hear me, overbilling, and more. Nothing but problems. And getting a tech out? They book you 3 weeks out. Last summer I had no service for 3 weeks. They said they would credit me, but never did. They billed me the full amount for the month anyways. It's literally been a nightmare dealing with them.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am a very new customer, hardly 15 days in. Many things went wrong with Frontier: Bill says more than they said the plan will cost. Charging for equipment when they said they won't. Even if I cancelled a service after using for 10 days, they want me to pay for the whole month. Extremely RUDE, with no intention to help. They only wanna make MONEY saying lies. Thanks.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I couldn't believe it, Jason (in collections) started off being very kind. I explained I never got a bill until after I got disconnected. Jason, search my payment history, noted I was late in March and in May, Never mentioned I paid forward since October last year until this year. I let him know I was in agreement to make a payment plus the $ 20.00 re-connection fee. However, as I was explaining why it was possible I never got a bill until this past weekend "Jason" hung up on me. I have NEVER encountered such RUDENESS in any business.

Of course I called back to pay my bill, however, I will very soon be cancelling this business. I just need to make sure they won't try any funny business with a person. Like I NEVER liked VERIZON from the beginning, BUT because of where I live, I didn't have a choice , now, it will soon be,,, Bye,,, Bye,,, Verizon (undercover) Frontier, (same bad customer service), BUT I must say, Janille, Corey (even though I had to pay an extra $4.50 for his personal care -- even though I explained that when I tried to pay online "it wouldn't take my payment" it said I had to call in) and Jamman was kind. (she worked in customer care services) God Bless them, I'm still going to have to let them go, No stars for Jason, and 4 stars for everyone else...(smile)

Original review: April 16, 2018

Cancelled my service, 4 days into it, then was told several times over 2 months to wait to pay until 3rd billing cycle, then they sent it to collections whom told me they don't do 4 days. They bill for all 30. So instead of paying $14 like Frontier said I would, I had to pay $56!!! Liars. That's all they are! And I cancelled my service because I wasn't getting any service! Please stay away! Seriously! Save yourself the lies and hassle.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Wow is all I can say. I called In February wanting internet. They said they could come out and install sometime in March. I thought that was a long time but ok. I wanted 12mbps they said ok. On the day they were supposed to come they called and said they can only do 6. Well I didn’t want that. So they didn’t come that day. I was on the phone for 45 minutes. She finally said she could do two 6 modems. I said, "Fine. If that works I’ll do it." Ok but now my date moved to May 11! I was pissed but ok fine.

Then they called me saying they could move my date up so I was excited and said, "Ok cool!" April 7. That day came and nobody showed up. I called back and asked and she said it was coming in the mail. What?! No one told me that. And plus I thought someone was coming to install it. I don’t know how to hook things up and all that. So I was pissed again. So it comes 5 days late. I try and hook it up and the internet light never comes on. It’s not working. I call again. He said he would send someone out that Friday from 8-12. So I don’t go to breakfast with my family. No one ever showed up! So I call again. She tries to help me over the phone to fix the problem. Didn’t work. So she said she would send someone else. I said, "Y’all already said that and no one came." She said she was sorry and that wouldn’t happen again. I was on hold and I got disconnected or hung up on. So I'm Done with them! I’ll get my internet from someone else.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Call for service and set up direct billing at start of service. Technician did not show up for the service date (waited the entire day and called several times). Finally was told there was a mistake the account set up. They "corrected" it and the service date was reset. Got service and all was okay for a couple of months. Came back from out of town and service was disconnected for lack of payment. However my account was paid in full when I contacted them. Seems when the customer service rep "corrected" the problem, they actually set up another account. I now had two accounts for the same residence and for the same service. One being paid and one not paid. So they disconnected the service.

At this point I had about 12 hours invested in just trying to get internet in an apartment that required no wiring or any equipment because the equipment was already installed from the last tenant. I asked them to cancel my account and they agreed that due to the complications and treatment the account was canceled. They also confirmed that there was no past due amount. However, I continued to get bills. And finally received a collection notice. So, I relented and call them again. Explained what had happened to another representative (probably the 6 or 7 person I had talked to at Frontier).

They went through the checks and confirmed that the account was canceled and that I should not owe any money for past service. Actually, I should have demanded they refund the $75 installation fee. The guy was there for 5 minutes to confirm it was already installed and working and, I only had service about 2 months because they suspended my service on an account that was paid and without even a call or e-mail to confirm what was the issue.

I have now explained the poor service multiple times to multiple people and have been told twice that I should owe nothing. Now I am getting offers to clear this issue from my credit report. So it seems that Frontier or its collectors has reported that I owe a debt. The amount is insignificant at $140. But, I have made all my payments and do not owe Frontier anything. They know that the consumer has no means of defense against their claims of nonpayment. Even though I have been told twice by Frontier that I am paid in full and they canceled the service due to my poor treatment without any cancelation fees.

Now I have a negative report on my credit that I am sure they believe I will pay just to clear it from the report. I will not pay it. I owe nothing. And will find a way to correct this issue without allowing them to extort money from me to make it go away. I hate Frontier. Their customer service is horrible. Now they are being a bully and trying to force me to double pay because they are incompetent and set up two accounts for my residence. It is simply unbelievable.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I was Frontier customer for a few years. Their service was going bad and no more kids at home so I have decided to switch service to other provider. I talked to Alrhon on December 12th, 2017 around 1:45 PM to terminate my service from next billing cycle. He offered me a new upgraded package at lower price for 12 months, if I continue with them.

Here what package was included. 1. FIOS 50/50 to FIOS 75/75 Internet. 2. FIOS TV channel package Upgraded from Prime to Ultimate HD, 400+ channels and 175 HD channels with Premium channels Like HBO, Showtime, Epix, Cinemax. 3. DVR box FOR $113.98/Month INCLUDING TAX WITH NO EARLY Termination Fee. Now they are charging me $162.63/Month including tax. I called them few times and they said they will change it back. As of today, they have not done anything that to include today's phone call for over 37 minutes, concluded with "There is nothing we can do, someone will call you back." That was operator - Justin # **.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I was put on a 1-year agreement for internet, voice, TV only to find out that they decided not to use that promotion anymore after one month of me being on it. How can they do this? They take away my agreement but if I was to cancel on my agreement it would have cost me an arm and a leg. I can see why some channels do not want to work with this company. Very sad. I have tried to like them for several years now, but am tired of having to spend my time each month reviewing my agreement with them. Somehow they blame us, the consumer, for not fully understanding them changing their minds whenever.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We joined Frontier Communications in September of last year. They had promised free DVD for our two year contract. That promise only lasted two months and then they started billing for the DVD. They have a call center in NC and these people said they would correct the problem but it never happened. Frontier just keeps adding to the bill. Last week our second modem broke and they sent us a new one. After many calls with technical support we still could not get the second TV working. We had a problem with pairing and they said to use a paper clip in back to reset the modem. When that did not work I finally asked for a technician and sure enough they charged us for a service call. It was their equipment that failed and we got a bill for it. They have poor service and when the contract is up we are not renewing it.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Frontier Internet is an incompetent service. Poor internet quality, goes down for weeks at a time, takes at least two weeks for a service call and they make you pay for their non working terrible service. Customer service is not allowed to make full refunds if you get one and it takes months to receive according to others' reviews. I DO Not Recommend this service provider.

Resolution response: April 20, 2018

After some initial problems getting my service setup, Frontier has made everything right as promised. They seem committed to customer satisfaction and correcting their current less than exemplar image. I am very satisfied.

Original review: April 11, 2018

When I changed cable providers, I read the reviews for Frontier Communications. I couldn’t believe any company could be that bad. Their promises for services and low price were so good, I took a gamble. Unfortunately the reviews were right. They honestly deserve a minus 5 Star rating. They lie. After the installation the services were not as promised, and every time got a problem address, the monthly cost went up. Don’t do what I did. Believe this review. Run the other way as fast as you can.

Original review: April 11, 2018

They charge you to change over service in the event of someone's death. My father passed and they are charging almost $60 even if we provide a death certificate. They are making profit at a time of grief, this isn't a choice to switch it into someone else's name, it's legally necessary. They are SCUM. Not business ethics or human decency. They shouldn't be allowed to operate.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Frontier blatantly stole from me. They have also done the same to many in my area. Worst thing is... we have no other choice for internet!! And no one will do anything about it!! I filed BBB. I filed FCC. I cannot believe Frontier is allowed to steal from customers and does on a regular basis... and NO ONE DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT!! Truly unbelievable. I pray one day it will all be addressed. Frontier's business practices are absolutely illegal. And shady at best. Yet no one can do a thing about it!!! It is criminal... and I do not know why or how they are allowed to blatantly steal money!!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have been with Frontier for almost 1 year now (no other phone company in the area) and they have shut off my parent's phone service 3 times without notification. Their systems reflect bad information outstanding balance which is comprised of late fees (because they are not able to get my address right to send me a bill) and reconnection fees (because they shut off service) and as a result they shut off my elderly parent's phone without any notice.

Each time I call customer service the call is no less than 45 minutes (I am having to call them every 2 weeks lately) and they bounce me around between customer service, collections, representative, supervisor. I was on the phone today ready to be transferred to the supervisor's supervisor (after speaking with 6 other people). When the call reached over 2 hours and I was on hold yet again, I lost patience and hung up. At this point, the phone was shut off today and I was not able to speak to anyone today who could turn it back on and so I will try again tomorrow. My elderly parents remain without phone service. Heartbreaking.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Frontier Cable/Fios is a joke. 45 min into a phone call they tell me they don't offer vacation mode in my neighborhood. And you wonder why wait times are so long? The poor folks that work in the GA call center are not even enabled with basic info to do their job. Now trying to shut down my account and they can't help me, and want me to call ANOTHER # and go thru this on hold trout again. Nope. Their web portal is useless, and the CHAT DOES NOT WORK. I've tried it numerous times over last 1.5 hrs. ** is my act # if anyone at Frontier would like to step up and make this right. If so, I would certainly respect them.

Now trying to talk to a supervisor but on hold again forever and forever 20 min later and no help. At least the advertisements they play while in this holding pattern are turned off, sparing me some brain cells. After 1hr 17min disconnected service. I was able to talk to a good person at a different dept by calling back that was able to give me correct info and support the shutdown. What a puzzle palace. UPDATE - called them twice. Trying to get service re-connected. It's such a mess. I went back to Spectrum... and now that I have talked to friends, it is CLEAR to me that Frontier is a mess.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Frontier is the absolute worst internet company there is. They lie to us every time we need them to hook us up. The last time we needed them to come hook up our internet it took them like 3 or 4 weeks to finally come after they had said they would come I don't know how many times. Then the last few months they kept trying to charge me extra fees like a re-connect fee even though I wasn't disconnected. Now, we just recently moved and they had said they would come April 3rd. No show no call. Called them and they said someone tried to call me (Nope, didn't happen and if I did miss a call they never left a message) and they were saying they didn't want to come until they talked to us because we can only get 2 mbps instead of the 24 that we had. Okay, sure we will try it and see how it goes since there really are no other options.

So then they were supposed to come today and I got a call saying they couldn't confirm my order because we can only get 2 mbps at the new house blah blah blah. I already talked to someone about this. Two people two different times actually. So now what, they want to come in another week?! We are done with them. They have never come the first or even second time they say they will. People depend on them to do what they say they will and there is always an excuse. If you have ANY other option than Frontier go with that one.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 9, 2018

I wished I would have read the reviews before signing up with Frontier. They were deceitful when quoting me a price for internet service. I was told that my bill would be $55.00 per mo, with no installation fee if I signed up for home phone and internet. My first bill was $199.00: when I tried to correct the problem, I was on the phone for 1 hr and 20 mins. I would not recommend this provider.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I started our Frontier Internet & Phone in 2015. I was told that I could get the Frontier Broadband Ultra package & get internet speeds of up to 12 Mbps. I signed up for this package. For the 1 year I was able to get download speeds of better than 5 Mbps, but never 12 Mbps. In 2017 I lost internet and phone service & had to have a technician come to the house to replace a switch on the service box outside the house. All inside lines and filters were fine. Now I can't even get 5 Mbps download speeds and I'm still being charged for 12 Mbps. How can I stop Frontier from lying about what a customer can expect to receive?

Original review: April 7, 2018

3.8 Mbps speeds at best replaced all wires inside house to outside work. One their lines 4x reprogrammed, modem 2x and replaced 1x 3.8 at best. Home-Tech made false accusations to police CPS. Spent multiple hrs on phone. More than half the time no service waste. Their supervisor stated would waive all disconnect fees and early termination. Never did even billed for month after disconnecting. And this month extra 152 early termination. After I paid months for service not working right and not getting fixed decided not to pay since service was never working properly. Told them wasn't paying 'til fixed after incident with Home-Tech. Told supervisor Mike as soon as yr up I was never coming back. Still trying for service to be fixed. He offered waiving those. Never again.

Original review: April 6, 2018

If I could give no stars I would. I moved and set up 3 appointments!!! Not 1 NOT 2 but 3 damn appointments!! And they never showed first one. Second one apartment got changed the day without my consent or even being told. So after 5 hours of waiting I call to find out they changed the day??? And today I waited 5 hours and was on the phone 57 damn minutes. And they arent coming today!!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2018

I signed up with Frontier on 11/10/17. That same day I realize the signal was weak so I called them to have them turn off the service, the rep told me because I just open the account she could not located it and I should call back in a few day. That same day I open an account with Spectrum for the same services. On 11/14/17 I called and had the service turned off, I receive a name and a confirmation # for this transaction. In December I received a bill for $172.96!! I didn't use the wack service for a day. I called and was reassured to ignore the invoice as I do not owe any $$, once again I recorded who I spoke with.

I again received another bill and then the calls from a collection agency began. I tried disputing this bogus bill and being going back and forth between the collection agency and Frontier. Yesterday I received another call from the agency stating the dispute was concluded and I owe them $172.96 so I wrote to BBB and open a case. Everyone who has an issue with this scam of a business should write and warn other consumers not to get involve with this company.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We have DSL for internet through Frontier and it is down at least once a day. Their service is horrible and when you call them you might be on the phone for up to an hour. Then you get the explanation you are in a high traffic area and that is why your internet is not working. This company is awful. If you have choices between providers DO NOT select Frontier.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I started new service and was told to be home for tech, nobody ever came. It took 5 days then a UPS box showed up. Again services didn't work. Was told had to wait 9 more days for a tech. I have missed work, been lied to, hung up on, transferred with no warning. Now a 110$ bill due and services took 3 weeks. My bill should only be 53$. Watch out for hook up and then wonderful fees!!! Don't fall for their advertising... The worst company I have ever dealt with. Their reviews speak volumes.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have been a customer for almost two years, after my original one year, (non-contract), bill was raised for services, I called and asked if I could continue with the same price for services for the following year. After calling them, Frontier agreed to give us the same services for the same price. We are now into our third billing cycle, and not only did they not honor what they agreed to after two very long phone calls and wait times, they actually raised it even more. I'm most likely going to cancel them, this is the second time I have voiced my dissatisfaction on "consumer affairs", (the first time finally corrected), however, I believe that other customers should be aware that their customer service is terrible, and their billing is absolutely horrible.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We have signed up for the $79 package service with mainly need an internet service. The bundle is the same price as internet only per the representative told us. Now they told me the package promo has expired. they charge us $119 a month. I called to cancel the other service to $79 for internet only service. They wants to charge us service charge fee of about $130. I am thinking drop this company totally since we really don't need their other service. They told me the drop off fee is $257! Will looking for another company for internet service...

Frontier Communications Company Information