ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.75/5
Based on 1,077 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

View More View More

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Frontier Communications Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have had Frontier for years, and they have been almost the only option in my rural area. Initially, I was not happy with my service (constantly dropping service and weeks to get a tech out). After filing a complaint, they have updated their local hub. I could not be happier with my service, and I have recommended them to several of my friends and neighbors.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Our line was dead from outside. Once I was able to get a callback and talk to a real person, all went as it should. Customer service scheduled a person to come out the same day. They did and resolved the issue.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Gave us a free year of amazon prime for free just for being customers and their internet speeds are fast and hundreds of channels. They also help a lot when there is a issue with the set top box or tv and their website for customer service is great too. They also have many ways to pay and can extend bill periods reasonably.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My set top box locked up and I could not get it to reboot at 8 PM on 2/7/19. I called Frontier technical support and talked to Angela. She talked me through several steps and she did some too. She was polite and professional. In a short period of time, she got my set top box to reboot, and I was back up and running. Thank you Angela.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Just wanted to say THANKS for the service. I just moved house only 3 miles away, to a home that didn't have service. I called the customer service rep and they sent Kevin ** to my residence for the hookup. Kevin worked late on a Saturday to ensure all my systems were connected and working properly. Service was needed as I work from home. Big thanks to Kevin ** for a job well done and putting the customer first.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

They don't care for your time, they are disrespectful, they will waste even more time on the phone for nothing. I just moved, I scheduled the service install 2 weeks ahead, everything was okay, I confirmed my appointment for Saturday 1/25/20 between 1 and 5pm, they rescheduled for 2:30 - 4:30pm that day, okay.. No problem.. Then at 3:59pm I get a text rescheduling for 4-8pm and at 4:30pm one moving my appointment to Monday.

No one ever called me to ask if that was okay, or to even explain why they are not coming on the promised date. When I called and demanded an explanation they said that they can't tell me because they don't know, installers are third parties and they are sorry but they don't install on Sundays so if I'm not available during the week then I would have to wait until next Saturday. That was after going through 4 customer service representatives, 2 of them being rude and wasted more than 2 hours of my time making me wait for nothing.

Also, a representative told me that their system is made in such way so the customer never speaks to "dispatch" the actual department that knows where the technicians are and that assigns service order, well done Frontier, you are a horrible company, making things harder for potential and I would assume current customers too.

I wanted to try Frontier, because I was not satisfied with my ISP, but this was a very rough start and a disrespect of my time, I canceled the service order and called my previous provider who was able to connect me in less than 30 minutes, and I have a technician coming in next day (less than 12 hours) to check on everything. Conclusion, I don't know if their service is good or not, but if this is how you treat your customers you are not getting my business. Advice people: stay away from frontier.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I been having trouble for 3 years with Frontier internet. They sent tech fix it works for few hours and then back to off and on WiFi. Waiting for so long to speak to customer service and sometimes after waiting for so long to speak they just hang up. Last few days we had no internet at all. We called the support and tech person gave us this excuse that they are fixing lines in Riverside and Ontario CA. What is that has to do with Palm Springs CA and why they don’t notify us why they don’t give credit. I had enough. I would like for them to return all the money we pay them all these years for nothing. Catherine **

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

This really deserves 0 stars. Upon moving to my apartment I ordered Frontier online because they state to have really competitive pricing. I received a call saying a technician would come out to see if they could indeed service my area. I found this weird because once I put my address in to set up the account it said there were services in my area and the person who called me said they could see others in my apartment building used Frontier as well.

Well the technician came out and called me to say he couldn't service my apartment (even though others in building had them). We are in a very weird service area anyway, so I really didn't question it. Had to switch cell phone providers as well from poor service. Went ahead and went with Spectrum much to my dismay and at a little more monthly.

5 months later I get a collection notice from Frontier that I owe $88.00 (for services I have never had). Immediately called frontier and opened a dispute. Was told to contact collection company to let them know I've opened a dispute. A few days later (today) I get a call from the collection agency saying they contacted Frontier and Frontier said it's a valid bill and I still owe. Huh????

I called Frontier yet again today explaining the issue and all they said was that notes were added to my account yesterday saying that I never called to say services weren't working. How can I call if I am not even using their services?? The rep said the dispute is still pending and can take weeks for resolution. I will wait it out and see but I will never recommend this company. This company is criminal and I plan to take legal action if it's not resolved.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

My internet constantly kicks off. I call the tech line to get help in reconnecting, which is way more complicated than it should be. I get varied responses on why my internet kicks out, from the box being outdated (less than 3 yrs old), too many people are using the internet and the wires are old. Frontier’s solution is to get faster internet and pay more for it when they can’t even provide decent service for what I am paying. They struggle to keep their equipment up to date, customer service is a headache and tech support isn’t very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Please don’t use this company. They have no solution to anything. I had to hang up I waited a whole hour before I did. I don’t know how this company still in business. I’m going back with my old service no doubt about it.

Not sure about Frontier Communications?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right satellite or cable TV provider for you.

Frontier Communications Company Information