1.18/5

Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4287 Frontier Communications Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I ordered brand new internet service from Frontier and it has been scheduled to be installed today. The tech has no show and I contacted customer service 3 times and no one can give me the answer what is happening. After read the review here, I decided to call them and cancel the order tomorrow.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Frontier takes days not minutes to processes a payment. Why? All major companies and even most small companies can process a payment within minutes. Not hours or days like Frontier. And to make it worst knowing that they have a slow process once they have your card info in their system and being processed they should turn on your service while their antiquated technology processes your payment.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have returned Frontier equipment for over 40 days and they charged me for a non-returned equipment fee of $200. I called accounting and billing and provided the tracking # on the equipment and they told me there is nothing that they can do unless it is scanned. I was like what?!? So you want to charge me for the equipment when I have proof of the tracking that it has been returned? It went on like this for weeks so I kept calling and they gave me the run around so I will just pay the bill on my credit card and dispute the charges with the credit card themselves. Frontier don't know what they are doing and is the worst cable/internet company I have ever been with.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Wish I had read reviews prior to installing Frontier Communications. All the reviews I have read are exactly what I’m going through. They have different plans but one can not pinpoint what your plan is. I’ve asked if they have a brochure to show what channels come with each plan? Nope they don’t have one. Service, the day of installation the tech comes and switches all the TVs to Frontier, cool? Not, they assigned the wrong telephone. Tech has to re-hookup previous system and wait a week to get my telephone number released from Spectrum. Tech was here for 5 hours. I told him just do the main tv as he was tired and I could do without the bedroom TVs.

Next, 50/50 network speed was too slow so I wanted the 200/200 speed. Fine, two days to get it hooked up. Had 8-12 time frame set up. Called to see what’s up and tech had truck problems. Understandable, but a simple phone call would have been great. Oh, I figured I might as well add promo for HBO and other premium shows for three months? Nope, service for 200/200 had to be done first. Really? So again I wish I had read reviews prior to installation. My bad. It's going to be a long two years. You may be thinking what was problem with Spectrum? Pricing, went from $127 to $180 to $210 in 6 months.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

To whom it may concern, attached is a previous complaint filed against Frontier Communications. Since then further issues have risen. I canceled my Frontier account in May of 2018. Frontier continued attempting to bill me and after several phone calls and endless amounts of transfers Frontier, on more than 3 occasions reassured me that my account was closed and any additional charges were taken care of. This issue lasted for 3 months after my account was closed.

It is now January of 2019 and I have received 2 letters stating I have outstanding bills in collections from Frontier. According to customer support, again after being transferred multiple times, my account number does not exist. My phone number is not in their record and my name doesn’t show up for the address I previously had their service for. After being transferred several more times, after repeatedly asking for a manager some reps directly told me no. Another stated that the manager can’t help me either (Amber). After the 5th transfer I finally got on the phone with a supervisor who has now placed me on hold for 30 minutes just to tell me I can dispute the charge through the collection agency and they, again, can do nothing for me.

I asked the supervisors for collections and customer support for a corporate phone number, email address or anyone at all above them (as supervisors) and I was told that they do not have any corporate information as well as anyone above them. Lee, the supervisor from collections again told me there was nothing she could do and ended the call leaving me on the phone with the supervisor from customer support. Eventually the supervisor from customer support gave me the email address. This is also being sent to, corporate.pr@str.com. This ordeal lasted about an hour just to get this small amount of information.

Frontier Communications ran my credit 3 separate times during the time I was a “customer” with them. Nobody in the entirety of Frontier Communications can resolve any of my issues. Instead they continue to tell me it’s fixed and now, along with the hits on my credit they sent bills that aren’t mine into collections. I have zero faith, regardless of how this phone call ends that this issue will be resolved and I refuse to have a neglectful company impact my credit.

7 weeks ago I called for my original installation date for Frontier's Fios internet. Today was my 3rd scheduled installation date that nobody showed up for. At no point did anyone reach out to me, email me or call me to inform me nobody was showing up to any of the scheduled dates. I'm now on a "priority" list to have it installed ASAP and after asking for an estimated date the answer I was given by a supervisor was "I don't know" and that there was 350 other people waiting for installs as well. During my multiple phone calls and numerous transfers nobody could help me, answer my questions, let alone even find my account. Going on 2 months just to get the only real option for internet is completely absurd.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Before you call Frontier Communications get a voice recorder and call them on a speakerphone. Tell them that you have them on speakerphone and there is no expectation of privacy. If you want tell them you are recording the call since they state that they might record your call. Take detailed notes and record every conversation with them along with time and date. Make a record of how long they keep you on hold. Make sure you cancel way in advance and pray they don't just keep sending you bills to pay for non-existent service and then try to ruin your credit by secretly selling your account to CPA aka Credit Protection Association, just another cog in the machine of what appears to be a potential racketeering operation, IMHO.

Cut off any automatic payment capabilities ASAP. When they try to screw you over and they will, report them to everywhere you can. I have hard proof they lied and committed fraud... When I called Frontier Communications customer retention and asked them for a rate less than the about $130 a month we were paying, they gave me an amount higher than they were offering to new customers. I told them that might not be acceptable and we would probably leave them, but I didn't cancel my service...

About 4.5 hours later at midnight 08/2018 - 09/2018 they disconnected without warning my Internet service. At first I thought, the Internet is down so I called them and they were useless. THEN I THOUGHT! What are the odds that my Internet service would just happen to go down after I talked to them to let them know I wanted a better price. I have a 24/7 high reliability infrastructure with redundancy the problem is not at my house. The odds are astronomical that this was anything by intentional. Frontier intentionally disconnected my Internet service to force me to do business with them! So I put a network analyzer onto the ONT to find out what was wrong. The problem was definitely on their end!

I was an early adopter of Verizon FIOS Internet Service. No Television or phone, just Internet service for about 10 years without any significant issues. I was thrilled with my service until Frontier Communications bought them, the very day they bought we lost Internet connectivity. I told them the problem is on their end but they insisted on coming to my house and needlessly replacing the ONT. It still didn't work and I had to talk them through how to get it up!!! UGH!!! I switched to Spectrum. Downloads are WAY faster up to 200+ Mbs and uploads are OK about 11-12 Mbps. I save about $80 a month and I don't have to be abused by that horrible Frontier Communications.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with in my life! Keep in mind, I only wanted internet and phone. To even get my internet started, the tech couldn't come out for 2 weeks. 2 WHOLE WEEKS! Then when he finally did come out, he did a horrible job! My family couldn't even enjoy the internet because it was buffering every 5 minutes (see Frontier's advertisement about "more browsing, less buffering". What a joke!) Then, my husband and I called customer service to get a tech to come back out, and guess what... WE HAD TO WAIT OVER A WEEK! Mind you, we do homework, work, and stream with our internet... So we have been basically screwed over with these people.

The tech finally came yesterday, spent about 4 hours working on our internet to speed it up and get it up to 3 Mbps? so that it won't buffer. My husband was on the phone with the tech trying to rectify the situation. The tech told my husband that our best bet is to "GO BACK TO COMCAST"!!! Like really guy? It's been showing that it's 2.47 Mbps ever since we got it installed, and after the guy left yesterday, it's STILL 2.47 Mbps. Still buffering all night, and when we were getting dressed this morning, the internet was "not connected"!!! Like WTF? We are so done with this company that we called Comcast last night to pay for internet services. The only reason we left them in the first place was because our bundle was so high. But it is true that you get what you pay for.

So needless to say, Comcast will send a tech out this Saturday, which is the day after tomorrow... NOT A WHOLE 2 WEEKS! Oh, and here's the best part... Frontier had the nerve to send us a bill of over 150.00 (customer service had promised to credit us 92.00). 150 dollars for what!!! We haven't had decent internet service since we switched over to this raggedy company. For anyone who may be wanting to switch internet companies but you are worried about your credit, call Comcast. They will let you pay 50.00 to get your services, no credit check, you will just have to enroll in automatic bill pay. But hey, at least you will have high speed internet and great customer service. I wouldn't recommend Frontier to my worst enemy!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I ended my service with Frontier in November 2018. I understood that they do not prorate if you cancel your service before the end of the current bill, and that's fine. However, they continued billing me for the next month. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with customer service agents who couldn't provide a satisfactory resolution, and simply would not elevate my call to a manager until I forcefully insisted. From reading the other reviews here, it seems like many people had similar problems, and then faced collection when their incorrect bills added up. I can recommend the response that worked best for me.

1) File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB will reach out to Frontier on your behalf. When I finally got a callback to resolve my issue, the customer service agent specifically cited my BBB complaint. 2) Send a message to Frontier's Office of the President (**). I was contacted by a representative of the executive office within 24 hours. How do I know this works? My bill was resolved within 24 hours. And when I was charged again for the next month, I got on the phone again (another 1.5 hours), and as soon as I mentioned I'd be filing a complaint with the BBB, my call was elevated and resolved. Good luck!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I paid my last ridiculous bill with Frontier in Tampa last week. Had to cut the TV because I could no longer afford their service, although I had bare minimum no frills TV. I raise my three grand-daughters so money is tight. With school they have to have internet, so had to keep that. Been a customer forever (since 1984) and they do not care. It is all about the money now. I always pay my bill online as I do all my bills. I submitted my final payment of $170.10 and it showed an error message that it did not submit and had to select the back key to make sure my information was correct. I did, and did it again and it went through.

After checking my account the next day, I noticed they debited my account twice for this amount. I called immediately and spoke with a Tina and she assured me they would put that payment back in my account but said it may be 24 to 48 hrs. Monday, still not there and now 72 hrs. Called again and spoke with Ashley. She assured me that she would re-submit the request because she could see it was not done the first time. Received a confirmation number. It is Wednesday, still not there. That is money for another bill I should have.

Customer Service is useless when reps are obviously told not to refund any payments even when it is their own error. I now will have to find out who to call to report what should be illegal. I will also call my credit union tomorrow. I will report this to Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Protection Agency. Frontier really needs to get their act together. Frankly with all the devices you can get now, who needs their TV anyhow? We are doing fine without it. They need to recognize their need to retain the customers they have.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We have been customers of Frontier back when it was Verizon that owned Fios. We are trying to upgrade our boxes that are very old and internet speed and were told that if we did we would lose all 15 movies we had purchased at $20 a pop on their on-demand service. They said that we would have to re buy them. :( We are keeping our old equipment which is faulty for now till they have a tech which is $99 just to show up and troubleshoot. If he says we have to upgrade we lose our library of movies that we paid for. Seems so unfair. The only other provider here in Tampa is Spectrum and I haven't read anything good about them either. Just wanted to let people know you might not want to buy on demand as it is not transferable if they ever have to upgrade or replace your box.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I went to the website to order new service for my home. The website advertised that the $100 deposit/install fee would be waived. I proceeded to set up service and did everything it prompted me to do in order to receive my $200 Visa gift card and for the $100 to be waived. After completing my order it stated my total out of pocket today would be .87 Cents (I guess I had that much remaining on a prior bill) but after submitting the order I was charged $100.87, that's the deposit that was supposed to have been waived.

I then started a chat with customer support and not only did Christine ** the customer support Specialist not listen to ANY of my concerns, she kept directing me to a different company telling me basically that it was their fault and not her problem. She would not help me so I cancelled the chat and called support. After being on hold for quite some time as the CSP was trying to figure out what went wrong. She told me her supervisors will not let her waive the fee and that it was a Black Friday promotion (It's January 16th and way past Black Friday). I was then told that in order for me to get a refund I would have to cancel my order.

So not only does Frontier false advertise and not honor what they advertise they also do not care about their current or future customers. I have dealt with Frontier several times in the last 2 years and not one time have I had a good experience. Unfortunately Frontier is the only service provider in my area and my options are to either have internet or not have it. After this experience I would rather not have it than give my hard earned money to a company that can't even honor what they advertise and then try and back it up with nothing but lies. Frontier will rip you off any way they possibly can, they lie and will not honor their advertisements! Don't give your money to this company if you have any other options for service. You will regret doing business with them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Internet speed and tc on par with Comcast, Customer Service the worst. Took weeks to get through to someone for service. Finally decided to Disconnect after a year of problems and end of my contract with them. Made sure they were paid completely, should have been the end of it. But later received a notice I owed them another $300+ dollars for unreturned equipment, that I did mail back to them. There is the rub, you have to mail all equipment back to them instead of talking to a local office that can give you a receipt. There are tons of complaints similar to this one, they just conveniently lose all records of your equipment being returned. They ended up sending me to collections, bad idea, as I documented everything, and had tracking numbers for everything sent back. Long story short they backed off, removed collection, and apologized.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I tried to have internet installed as a gift to my father way before Christmas (October 2018) - after prepaying, on 3 separate occasions the technicians were no call no shows on 4 hour window scheduled appointments over a month timeframe... At that point, of course I cancelled services, and spent no less than 2 hours each on the phone on 2 separate occasions to get refunded. (The first time I waited the 2 weeks after calling without the promised refund being refunded, then had to start over, and was finally refunded.) I have since been receiving bills and past due notices of services never rendered, and again spent numerous hours on phone to have bills ceased, constantly getting routed in a loop and/or being told I'd get transferred to the proper department only to be routed back to the first menu...

The actual people I talked to in customer service have been nice, and I stay calm and polite. But as far as this company as an whole, is the most unprofessional, back alley dealing swindlers I wish I had never come across... This experience has been enormously stressful, and is still not resolved as I just received yet another bill with threats to go to collections. It's January 16, 2019. I urge everyone to get their cable/internet services through another company, and avoid this nightmare and farce of a company called Frontier.

I am copying and pasting this, along with a copy of my bill today, and will continue to do so on all media platforms I can until my billing for services I've not received, for an account that has been cancelled due to no installation, and therefore zero service, has stopped. At this point, an apology from Frontier would be welcome, actually, expected. My name is Jason **, and the service area is northeast Ohio.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We were quoted a certain price for cable and internet but our bill each month was at least $20 higher. The account was in my wife's name so she would have to call every month and spend over an hour on the phone with customer service telling them to look through the account notes to see that a supervisor offered us this price. She got tired of calling every month so we changed the account into my name so that I could deal with them.

The next month after that change, our bill was almost three times what we had been paying for the same services. They took away all bundles/discounts we had and just made up a new number. I immediately called and said that price was unacceptable, and they told me they would issue two adjustments to get the bill back down to what we were paying, and I agreed to a slightly higher bill from then on, but the bill has never been corrected and it has been almost FIVE MONTHS of me calling and trying to get it resolved. Now they are saying that the bill is so old and I was misquoted on prices that they can't do anything and I need to pay their made-up fees to continue with the services. This company is stealing from their customers. Something needs to happen to punish these crooks.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Charged for unreturned equipment, called and was told they would fix it but it would take 2 or 3 billing cycles before it was removed, but unless I paid it then my service would be suspended. I canceled all service because of this and the awful customer service. Returned second DVR box and router in packing provided, sure enough another bill for more unreturned equipment, provided tracking number and they again said it would be fixed and now a letter saying they will send me to collections... Such a scam. Never any truth and very awful company to have to be stuck with.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Frontier will steal your money by putting false unreturned equipment fees on your bill. They have done this to me on 4 bills. When I call in to report the problem the representative confirms that the charges were placed in error and that the amount will be credited to my account. Most of the time they never honor the credit, sometimes they will credit just a small portion of the money that they stole. The people who run Frontier ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Our service is horrible and customer service is worse. And the rates keep going up. My elderly mother's service went out. Told it would be nine days until they could send someone out. Took the guy 20 minutes to actually fix it, and it was caused by shoddy work from the last guy. Customer service by phone was hour+ wait, same with online chat. Got someone through Facebook who said she could lower our bills and try to get mom's phone fixed sooner. Turned out she was some kind of third-party customer service whose "fixes" Frontier does not honor. Even her lost service credit was less than what she was told. And there is no one to contact who won't tell you a bunch of lies. The worst company I have EVER dealt with.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I needed a business phone switched over and wanted to keep the same phone number. I decided to go with Morris broadband as I read in the reviews they had better service and phone service was cheaper than Frontier. It is a requirement when switching phone services to wait 10 days for the new service and place the account of the previous owner in your name to keep the same phone number. There is no other way to do it. Phone service was poor with Frontier, the phone didn’t work very well during that 10 day period but we were a new business and had no problem waiting 10 days for the new service to activate. We already had Morris broadband installed for Internet so Frontier Internet service was not utilized.

The cost for 10 days of phone service, which was honestly equivalent to a home phone was $520.66. I understand if there are some fees associated with this, I’m sure that’s how they make money. Over $500 for 10 days of phone service seemed quite excessive though... To condense, I spoke with a supervisor who refused to budge whatsoever with the unreasonable total of the bill. I then was transferred to pay by phone (which there is a $10 charge for) & paid the extra fee just to have spoken with a person, get a reference number, and have this over & behind me. If you are ever put in this position, beware the cost. I’m glad I was only with Frontier for 10 days & chose to have a different service provider for my business.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

All I can say is that I wish I could escape Frontier Communications. Unfortunately, they are the only provider. I called in last week to cancel my cable network and keep my phone and internet. Well, guess what I did not wake up to this morning. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. They not only canceled my service but my account altogether. I had to have my credit pulled again and qualify all over again. Did I say Horrible company? While I was on the phone with them getting my credit pulled to qualify for service with a company that I hate I asked them for a complaint number or supervisor direct line. He said cannot give me that information. So here I am now. If possible stay clear from this company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered internet service a little over a year ago. When I ordered it there were several issues with getting it to work properly (even though it was professionally installed). I had to call Customer service 4 or 5 times each with AT LEAST an hour hold before talking to someone. Finally, they sent out an installer that knew what he was doing and he fixed the issue and all was great. The service was amazing and at a great price of $40 and some change. I understand that was a promotional offer, so after a year I got an email stating my promotional offer was ending and that I should call in to see how they could help, so I waited to the last minute dreading the long hold times.

I called in November 2018 and the customer service representative stated I could actually get 150/150 for, in her words, “basically the same price”. She never gave me a hard number but I figured it would be around $40. I got the bill the next month and it was a little over $45. Totally worth it for the extra speed. Then came the next bill. It had JUMPED to $72.63… WOW. I called customer service today and, after a long hold, I spoke with someone in the billing department and he looked at the account and stated the promotion I had before was $30 off per month for the service plus $10 per month for the modem/router, and now I was only getting $15 per month for the service.

I told him the CSR I spoke to in November stated I would get the same promotions but with higher speeds. He stated there was nothing he could do and I asked him about adjusting to a lower speed until I could cancel the service because it’s not right that I was told something and it was honored for 1 month and now there is nothing that could be done. He stated he could lower the speed back down to 100/100 and that would bring it down about $20. I asked him if I did that would it put me in a contract and he was not positive I wouldn’t be charged an early termination fee when I went to cancel so he transferred me to the Customer Retention department. I was on hold for so long that I got upset and was at my wits end. During the hold I set up new service with Spectrum Internet.

Finally after an hour, Will in the Customer Retentions Department picked up the phone. I asked Will to cancel my service effective 1/17/2019 and he asked me why I wanted to cancel and I explained everything to him and even gave him the order # from the CSR back in November and he still stated everything the billing CSR stated about the promotions ending and the modem costing $10. I explained to him that I was told during my November call that I would have the same promotions and that I was done with their service mostly due to the lack of good customer service. I told Will I had already setup service with Spectrum and I just needed to cancel and that is when he started telling me how bad Spectrum was and I told him that at least they pick up the phone when I call and I’m not on hold for so long.

Will also tried to say that Spectrum does not have the call volume that Frontier has…Are you joking? Spectrum is one of the biggest companies in the United States. A quick Google search tells you that Spectrum has 26 million customers while Frontier has 5.4 million. It seemed like Will was personally offended that I was canceling the service and he was talking over me the entire time. I did curse once when it seemed as though he took pleasure in telling me that I was not able to cancel in the middle of my billing cycle and I would be responsible for the entire $72.63 PLUS a “Frontier imposed $9.99 termination fee” (all I said was “it’s just another $10 ** it, right?"). He told me if I cursed again he would have to terminate the call. I told him to just cancel the service already because at this point I literally had asked him 4+ times to cancel it.

This is when he got even more smug and stated he needed to put me on hold to complete my request. I was quiet so that he could do it and after a silent pause he said “Joshua can I place you hold”. At this point I’m fuming because I just want the service canceled and I told him “just do it and stop trying to provoke me into cursing again just so you can hang up on me” (which I know is exactly what he was doing). After this he finally placed me on hold and canceled the service. When he returned to the line he stated “Joshua I know you have not been happy with the service but can I interest you in home phone service…” I paused and took a breath so I didn’t say anything out of anger and I asked what his name was again and he told me Will.

Will never explained to me what to do with the Modem/Router so I had to jump on their chat feature, typed my question and then I went and took a shower and came back and I was still in the queue for my question to be answered. The chat specialist Gretchen was very helpful and resolved my question quickly. How unprofessional can a CUSTOMER RETENTION agent be. Number 1 calling me by my first name, I have worked in a call center for customer service before and we NEVER called anyone by their first name. Number 2 constantly speaking over me. Number 3 offering me another product after I am OBVIOUSLY so displeased with the customer service. I now work in Law Enforcement and we constantly strive to have the best service and fastest service. I will never recommend Frontier to not only any of my friends and family but also to any of my business contacts both within Law Enforcement and in the Corporate world.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

They had me wait 5 hours for technician. He was a no-show. I called customer service and after 3 transfers and waiting 69 minutes was told the work order "did not go thru". I don't commonly write to complain against any company, but I was very frustrated after taking 5 hours off work and having to chase down someone at Frontier to help. The 3rd customer agent even had audacity to try and upsell me for extra money! Since 2010, I've been a customer of Verizon/Frontier FIOS. I am very frustrated by poor customer service, and increasing fees. I would leave Frontier in a heartbeat if I had an alternative providers in my area in Texas.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have had the absolute worst experience with Frontier. It started in 2016 when I got internet/phone service through them and cable through Dish. First I was told if I bundled them into one bill I would get a big discount. Wrong. I didn't receive any discount. No biggie. I could live with that. I had some problems at the beginning with the bill going up with Dish and it was taken care of. (Through Dish.) I asked to disconnect and was told if I did it would cost me several hundred dollars for early disconnection fee. So, I waited the two years.

I called Frontier on 11-9-2018 and wanted to set up my disconnection for 11-20-2018, which is when my contract that I didn't know I had would be fulfilled. I had checked my account previous to this to make sure I was paid up for the rest of my contract. The bill was completely paid. When I called the rep said I would be charged 150 dollars early disconnect fee. I said, "Why? I am not having it disconnected until the 20th which is when my contract is up." She said that was how the computer worked. I said, "Ok let me get this straight. So, if I wait until 11-20 to call and have it disconnected on 11-20 then it will be shut off on 11-20 and I won't be charged for an early disconnect fee?" She said yes and they will shut it off that day.

I was also told I had to call Dish to have the Cable shut off. Which we did and they allowed me to set up the disconnect date for Friday 11-16-2018. Well, my husband did have to go up onto the roof and disconnect everything and on the side of the house. Do you believe Dish had the nerve to charge us for the return. My husband did the work. Wow, what a world.

Anyway, back to Frontier. So, I wait until 11-20-2018 and I call Frontier and speak to a rep named Drew. He was very friendly and said, "No problem. I can take care of that for you." I said, "That WILL be shut off today right?" He said, "Yes it would." He said, "While I still have you on the phone did you want to take that phone number with you." I said, "Yes if I can." He said, "No problem. I will make sure it is released for you." He then told me they would be sending me a box to return the equipment.

So, I called Spectrum not long after I hung up with Frontier and told them that the phone number was released. The lady said, "No it wasn't." I said, "I just hung up a little while ago and the young man I spoke with told me it would be available immediately." She asked me to hold and checked to see if it was released and it was not. So, I told her, "Please just give me a new number because I don't want to deal with Frontier anymore. I felt like they had been bullying me." So, she did. All was right with the world as we waited on the empty box to return the equipment, which never came. I wasn't too concerned because it took several weeks to receive the empty boxes from Dish.

Well, today it hit the fan. We received a letter from Frontier stating that we are past due on the account I had disconnected nearly two months ago. I was livid! On top of it, there was an amount past due for Dish. Nope!!! I have already received my final bill from Dish! I called and spoke to a young lady and I was not happy and I was not cordial as I normally am. Not this time! I told her that I was billed for an account I had disconnected in November. Why was I being billed for Dish, that was discounted before the Frontier and I received the final bill. She said it was a past due amount. Uh no it isn't. That was paid in full.

After I tell her of my terrible experience with her company and how Drew said it was shut off and the whole conversation from 11-20-2018, she then tells me that the account remained active because of the phone number release. Excuse me! No, I was not told it would remain active for any reason. I specifically asked for it to be shut off that very day. Not to mention Spectrum tried to get that number just an hour or two later and they said Frontier would not release it. Right, customers are held hostage by Frontier.

Comcast is a nightmare, but Frontier is the absolute worst experience ever!!! I would be ashamed to be an employee for Frontier! You would really have to be a scum bag to treat people the way they do. Either that or you are totally oblivious!!! DON'T USE FRONTIER!!! Oh and just so you are aware Frontier and Verizon are affiliated. I found that out right at the get-go. Yes, we have our wireless through Verizon. I wonder how we would be treated if we tried to close our account with them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Switched to Frontier because my cable service was really bad. For the first few months all was good. Then they started billing me for service full service when my service was supposed to be on 'vacation'. I'd call each month I was gone & get the bill corrected. Then, going back home, I called to have the service switched back on. Got home - no service. It was the day before Thanksgiving, Got passed around and hung up on. No service over the holiday. Called to cancel on 12-15-18, got my bill but - having learned to be careful, I asked to be sure the service was cancelled.

Got collections after requesting CS. Would not tell me status of service. Got transferred to CS, service on 'vacation'. Got to cancellations, rep very nice, said cancelled, gave me conf #, could not tell me what the final bill was. After reading prior reviews I am going to call & pay the bill, as it's fairly small and I do not trust that one department communicates with another, and I do not wish to be turned over to collections, even if it costs me a few extra $$. Wish I'd checked reviews before I made the switch.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I am filing a complaint on myfloridalegal today and with Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs today against Frontier Communications for fraudulently taking my money out of my online banking account and not refunding me. Bank of America had reached out twice and Frontier representatives promised to refund but nothing has happened since December 4, 2018.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I had internet service installed yesterday. Today, I needed a little technical support. I was on hold for 10-minutes, then they couldn't locate my account, then I was transferred 4-more times and NO ONE SEEMED TO KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING. For only having had Frontier for 1 day, I am ready to scrap this company. I am still on hold for "superb technical support" so says the recording. Don't believe their advertising.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

As I learned today, I was sold a falsified package on the phone - a package without mention that this is promotional rate. Was told $40 to go forward indefinitely, later found on the bill that they are discounting $30 for internet, $10 for the wifi router. When calling speaking to reps. they cannot provide any initial plan/offer documentation that I agree to or signed, neither can manager/supervisor by the name of Marcus ** (won't give out full name for security reasons) give any clear explanation. Rudely kept interrupting and attempting to putting words into my mouth, threatening to disconnect my services or transfer to $110 dollar plan - that I was not aware of anywhere in any previous conversations with reps or even on the bill.

Furthermore as I learned right there in conversation with him, once the promotional rate finishes he said that I would be paying $110 for 150/150Mbps +$10 (wifi router, which even if I returned to them they would still continue charge me for it month to month, yes, the supervisor said that this is completely normal and they are comfortable with that - charging for equipment that is not in my possession and has been returned to the company) that this is going to be my normal rate going forward. I was told nothing of the promotional rate, nothing that it would increase that much and in addition if you cancel your plan you are billed $11.25 to exit out of this unclear verbal agreement contract. (They were at least somewhat clear that I could do it any month - I hope.)

It has been hard to believe the customer service I experienced today. The reps, kept telling me different rates, someone mentioned that it will only increase by $15, I was lied that manager would send something in 2-3 days after a 30 mins wait. Another supervisor could not listen my questions, could not explain and kept asking "I do not understand what are we even talking about now, do you want me to put you on a normal $110 or cancel your services??" to my very precise questions that I wrote down and read very clearly before my conversation with him.

These are my questions to him that he could not understand or provide clear answers, initially, I had to try to squeeze any words into him yelling into the phone something about how great of a service I have and a discounted plan: Looking to get a copy of my contract that I agreed to, can you provide anything in writing? Contract: is it per month or on year basis? Could I exit my contract at any time? I would like to return my wifi router ($10) but I am being told that I will continue being charged for it, is that true? In addition, when initially starting the services I spent a number of calls trying to establish my account that would relate to my address and name appropriately, which also was not pleasant. My advice: STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNBELIEVABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE/COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My landline was under my husband name. After he passed away I thought I needed to move the frontier phone number-account under my name. I’m 86 years of age living on SSI so money extra money is not there. My health is not the best blood pressure, heart... After I change the account to my name leaving the phone number last name and address all the same I thought that nothing else was changed. I made 2 more payments while I was away for the holidays thinking all is ok. I received a pass due bill with a disconnect in the next 2 days.

I also received bills for the same phone number under my husband name with a credit balance of over $93.00. This would have covered my pass due of the same phone number under my name. I called Frontier stayed on the phone over 45 minutes and the rep said she is transferring the credit to my account as it was new account created when I moved it to my name. NO ONE TOLD ME to pay attention to new account when I pay my bill. Well, after the 45 minutes on the phone and the promised that it is done and it will reflect in 24 hours because in the next day I will disconnect from my phone. I need it for my health I’m 86 years old. I decided to make a payment just in case it will not get done to prevent disconnection of my phone. HOW RIGHT I WAS.

The transfer of the money never happened. I called AGAIN spend more time on the phone and now I’m getting mad. I spoke to a supervisor he assures me he just done it as we speak and he will call me the next day. Well, no phone call back and NO RESOLUTION of the credit. Today I called AGAIN letting them know it is the LAST time I’m calling because my blood pressure is going up. I’m getting mad and nothing help. What so hard to transfer a $93.34 credit from one account to the next same name same phone number same address? I was told that it was done again today and truthfully he doesn’t know how long it will take maybe 24 hours??? I spoke to the supervisor but I don’t know if she cared if I file a complaint. Can someone help me resolve my problem. I’m getting ready to disconnect my phone but I need it for my safety. Help, help, help me solve my problem.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Returned equipment in August, 2018. We were given tracking numbers ** and ** from UPS. Clerk told us keep it for a year because Frontier would say they didn't receive package and continue to bill us. That became a reality. Frontier has billed us every month and this month, January 2019, they have turned us over to Credit Control Corporation for collections. Every month I call Frontier, they say they have tracked the UPS number and credited our account. But every month we continue to be billed. I talked to CCC this morning. We were told they can't help because they can't track UPS numbers back to August. So I called Frontier again and they said they can't help me unless they receive a special form from the collection company. We are being spun in circles and spending hours every month dealing with this.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

1. I returned 2 DVRs and saw a decrease in my bill for maybe like a couple of months, but then the bill creeped back up even more than BEFORE I returned it. It's like they always find a way to get their money back. 2. I get monthly emails stating I have a bill and what the amount is. That's all I'll look at if the bill hasn't changed much from the previous month. I would've appreciated it if the email stated that my promotion was going to expire. They say they told you, but you have to log in and open your bill to find out rather than them stating it in your email. They sneak it in there quietly in the actual bill where you have to go into the website and open it because they know how busy you are that you wouldn't do that if you're used to a routine.

When I asked them for a more convenient notification, they said I need to be proactive and check online every month. For those who pay their bills and actually have a ton, would you do that? Of course you don't have time. That's why the email notification is more convenient. They don't serve for convenience of their customers, but rather come up with sneaky tactics and then blame the busy customers who's struggling to pay their bills and going to school at the same time, blame us for not checking it often.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My internet disconnects about every 2 hours and won’t re-connect unless we manually restart the router. Once I leave the house my cameras won’t work because no one is home to reset the router. Frontier says they can do nothing about it. They blame it on too many users! What kind of business model is that?!? I just spent over $200 on a new router and WiFi extenders just to have the problem get worse instead of better and they say they can do nothing about it!

Frontier Communications Company Information