1.28/5
Based on 666 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Corporation provides communications services for residential and business customers in the United States. The company offers local and long distance voice services, including basic telephone wireline services to residential and business customers; and packages of communications services. It also provides data and Internet services comprising residential services, such as high-speed Internet, dial up Internet, portal and e-mail products, and hard drive back-up services; commercial services, such as Ethernet, dedicated Internet, multiprotocol label switching, and TDM data transport services; and wireless data services.

In addition, the company offers switched access services that allow other carriers to use the facilities to originate and terminate their local and long distance voice and data traffic; and direct broadcast satellite services and fiber optic video services. Further, it sells a range of third-party telecommunications equipment for business customers.

View More View More

3935 Frontier Communications Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with Frontier Communications... I feel like cheated. Had service from January 2018 to May 24 2018 with the payment of $1.242 dollars for one TV box; internet and 2 home phone lines. I am just wondering why this company is not sued. Why people still have service from this company. There is no supervisor for this company who can give you solutions. Poor customer services and they are liars. Think twice before getting service from Frontier.

Original review: June 19, 2018

After canceling service 4 days into a billing cycle, they want to charge me for the entire month. After 6 months and 12 calls, there has been no resolution and not one customer service rep has helped or done what they would promise me they would do. Their staff is rude, unhelpful and cannot solve problems. Do not use this company.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Called to terminate my Internet service because I'm moving. Frontier was unwilling to prorate my service even though I'll only be using Internet for 6 of the 30 days in the billing cycle! That's pretty much stealing and I'm extremely disappointed in the fact that they don't have any flexibility to make things right for a loyal customer of 3.5 years. Shame! 1st star: agent and supervisor I spoke to were professional and apologetic, but that doesn't help me because I still have to pay for a service that I'm not using. 2nd star: FiOS worked well for 3+ years with minimum downtime.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Worst service ever!! Do not make my mistake and think they can give you a ** that worth anything. Worst customer service ever, they will let you hang on the phone for hours until either you get tired or they just hang up on you, same on the chat, they hang up on you. They will tell you lies, waste your time waiting for a tech to come over, then come up with lies saying the tech called and you didn't answer. If I could put zero stars... agrr.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Not only do we get the slowest speed when we pay for the fastest speed, we have to reset our box about 50 times a day to get it to work. I lost my job because I work from home and can’t work without internet. Now we are locked in a contract we can’t get out of for service we can’t use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontier Communications?

Original review: June 16, 2018

Placed an order for a wireless cable box around May 23rd. It is now June 15th and I've been sent the wrong box not once, but 3 TIMES!! Asked to speak to a supervisor and never got that Far of course. I don't understand how incompetent the service staff is, and how difficult it is to send a WIRELESS box. I now have 2 cable boxes sitting here waiting for shipping labels so that I can return them, and charges on my bill for the boxes that were sent to me and still waiting on my WIRELESS box. Somebody tell Comcast to start servicing the Southern Fairfield county area ASAP.

Original review: June 16, 2018

This is absolutely the worst customer service. Constant transfers, blatant lies, unnecessary charges, and the list goes on. Tried to cancel account and they waited another 30 days so they can get another month's billing!!! I have never been so disgusted. They don't deserve even a star, in fact a negative star would be more appropriate.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I would give then 0 stars if I could. I signed up online for a new account to switch from Spectrum. Signed up for a 2 yr contract and paid a 40.00 deposit. My service was installed and had service for about a month or so. Apparently I owed them money from like year ago that I had no knowledge of and they suspended my service. I tried to pay them several times to reinstate my service and they charged my card 4 times and no one gave me a confirmation #. When I addressed them about the situation and spoke with 2 supervisors they were very rude and unprofessional they did not listen at all. I told them they charged my card 4 times. Then they're saying they cannot find the transactions. They give me a fax # to fax in bank statements proving I paid and the fax # doesn't work. I called again and someone gave me an email address. Still not resolved. Listen Frontier if I owed you money why would you even install my service.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I cannot recommend strongly enough buyer beware if you use their automatic payment system! As their prices inch up and up, the service seems to just sink into decline. My credit card company issued me a new card because they indicated it might have been in a batch of compromised cards. Anyway, since I was on auto pay, I called Frontier proactively to tell them of the new card number. Somehow they billed BOTH cards (on 3/30 and 4/1), despite my saying the old card should not be used, and got away with it.

Come to find out they make their bills so far in advance they have an excuse to not have current information. They do not give refunds. So when I discontinued my service totally on 5/16, they had already billed me on 5/10 for service thru June 9, despite payment not yet due. No matter how you talk to them, their agents can't help change this huge company into being fair. Their automatic payment process is an unforgiving beast on the prowl. Buyer beware! I will never recommend them to anyone for anything.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We have been with Comcast for a long time and we're paying too much. One day a couple of folks came door to door representing Frontier, their price was half what we had been paying, should have asked more questions. However, we told them that we make calls to UK and what TV channels we like to watch... "No problem" we were told, "You will have everything you do now." BIG FAT LIE!!! Also, apparently, in three weeks we have a $200 telephone bill! What's wrong with that picture? Also, can't get TV shows like BEIN, past episodes of anything, difficult to navigate any TV programs or channels. Back to Comcast and out with Frontier, what a waste of time and more fool us for being so gullible and not taking the time to research before signing on the bottom line.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2018

Absolutely incompetency at its highest level. How is the company in business!!! If I could give zero stars, I would. First of all they do not honor their contracts and they will overcharge at every opportunity. When they overcharged my account for 3 consecutive bills, I disconnected their service from my home, they charged me double my monthly bill on the final bill!!! Go figure. Their customer service told me not pay for 3 months because it takes that long for their balances to correct themselves (what a lot of nonsense). Following the 3 months, they send a collections notice. I paid them the amount, But I will never ever go to Frontier ever! Their customer service department will give you the run around until you tire yourself out. Be warned, do not do business with these morons.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have had Frontier Digital Phone and Broadband Service for many years. The speed for Broadband has ranged from slow (1.2Mbs) to OK (5.2Mbs) so I have made do with the poor Broadband service. Recently the service is consistently much slower than 5.2Mbs (now ranges as fast as 2.6Mbs) so I cannot justify continuing with the service for their "Broadband Max" which costs $34.99/month... I'd like to get some of my money back from Frontier. Is this possible... I feel cheated for many months now...

Original review: June 8, 2018

This review should not have any stars! I have tried repeatedly to get resolution to my problem of increasing bills, every month it has progressively increased. It started at $145.** and over a six month period had increased to $188.**. Their excuse was that It was no longer in a contract. I have auto pay and noticed the increase and when I called the man said he would take care of it and going forward my bill would be $135.** (a little cheaper than I had before). I agreed but after the first bill it started increasing again! After 8 attempts (being cut off, put on endless hold, given another number to call, etc.) I finally got to speak to a manager Chris ID# ** OMG! I AM STILL IN SHOCK!!!

It's very obvious that their managers have no idea what customer service is, he told me that it’s the way the company works. THIS MAN ACTUALLY YELLED AT ME and said his shift had ended and there was no one to talk so I could call back tomorrow. I want to speak to someone higher up but he said he didn’t know of anyone above him who could help me but I could try to “Google a name or number” but for me to keep in mind nothing could be done about my bills… WHAT???

Original review: June 8, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with Frontier internet service. We do not get the strength we pay for. We had a scheduled appointment for Saturday. Today is Friday and I passed them leaving my house. I immediately called and they said everything is fine. I explained I just saw them and missed them. I said we were scheduled for Saturday and she said basically, "Well, I see why you would think that but they came today, we will have to get you Monday." Completely unprofessional in my opinion. No apologies and rude women on the phone. I'm so sick of paying extra for a service that does not work and rude customer service.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I cancelled my Frontier account as I was having to reset my equipment regularly as they never gave me new DVR/receivers when they took over Verizon. I asked for new receiver, sent but it didn't work. After numerous calls and waiting, we finally got a guy to come out and install a new receiver. He didn't show up after 8 hrs of waiting. I called Spectrum and liked their pricing and plan, all new equipment and service would be ready. Cancelled Frontier as of January 19 as Spectrum was installing theirs on Jan 16. I had to pay Frontier $172.23 for February which was unfair and send my equipment back, which I did on January 25th from UPS in Lake Forest, CA.

I am now getting billed for unreturned equipment. I've called monthly to resolve and in the end they say they did receive the equipment and I will have a $0 balance on the next bill. I am not able to get an email, confirmation number, speak to manager. Just first names of the representative I speak to. I am at my wits end with this company. I'm a 68 year old woman, going in for my 3rd major surgery on July 11th. I feel this company is preying on senior citizens taking advantage. No one can send me an email stating that the matter is taken care and you can't find a person to discuss face to face.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Just wanted to describe my experience with Frontier Communications, hope this will save someone else from the trouble. I moved to California on June 2017, opted to signup with Frontier because I was using Verizon in my previous apartment at Boston. Phone agent with whom I spoke with proposed a bundle of TV+FIOS 50/50, with no contract (month on month) and I choose to go with that.

Fun starts with installation itself, technician who came to install router and TV was not able to configure it. I had to contact customer service again and different agent could fix the problem finally, after multiple calls. Next I noticed issue with my account/bill, they had given me a 2 year contract (6/22/17 - 6/21/19) for the bundle and not the month on month which was promised to me.

I tried to contact customer service multiple times via chat and phone, nobody could resolve my issues and had to finally gave up on it. Since I was not using TV service much, opted to cancel it on Feb 2018, which was successful after multiple calls and complaints and continued to use FIOS 50/50. Last month, I noticed $100 penalty added to my account for not returning broadband equipment but they failed to notice that I'm still using it and they are charging me $5 as monthly rent. Along with this some great guy opted to change the contract to 2/28/18 - 2/27/20 from 6/22/17 - 6/21/19 without taking my approval.

Contacting their customer service till this time has been a real pain. They keep me on hold for hours, if I call them call will be transferred to different departments and finally get disconnected. If I try chat support then they keep on hold stating technical issues and will disconnect the chat. I really don't know what needs to be done at this time. Writing this review so someone else can be saved from this mental torture.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We dropped Frontier 2 years ago because of lousy/non-existent internet service. Sadly, my elderly in-laws remained with Frontier and are now faced with a complete breakdown in their phone, internet and TV service. As I write, they've been without service for 4 days. Frontier originally said the service failure was a widespread problem, yet they couldn't offer an estimate when it would be resolved. I left my cell phone number to be notified when service was restored. I never got a call back.

Today, we phoned again only to be told the service failure was just at my in-laws' home and it will be another 4 days before they can even send a technician. How can these people even stay in business? We're in a large metropolitan area (L.A.) with other options and yet we're going to be without service for 8 days!!! Ever since Frontier took over Verizon's landline/Fios network, it's been a disaster. They are not putting the needed resources into maintaining the network. "Customer service" is nowhere to be found at Frontier. It seems they're just trying to squeeze every penny out of customers without providing a reasonable level of service.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My phone line was down for 2 days. Call to report the problem. First they make you punch in the number before someone answer. Then they ask you the same question. address, email, pin, name, etc. Then they transfer me to someone else. Same question, again, and again, 7 times different person. It took them 3 hours to forward the line to cell phone. If I have choice I would not recommend to anyone. They have the worst system.

Original review: June 6, 2018

If you have a problem with your service...you have to call between 9a and 5p. Most people get off work in the evening so you are plain out of luck getting your service back on that night. Even though someone does answer the phone no one after 5p has the authority to turn your service back on. The TV guide is awful as is the on demand. For a communications company they are extremely behind the times.

Have been unhappy since leaving Comcast. If you are late on your payment the next day they shut down everything including the internet and even though you immediately pay online (in the evening) they will not turn your service back on until you call the next day. At least with Comcast they won't let you order movies and then you are like, "Oh dang I forgot to pay the bill." You pay and then get your service back immediately. I would rather pay a little more for excellent customer service and people authorized to help you than be out of service. Not that I am continuously late paying my bills but it does happen occasionally. Do not recommend this company.

Original review: June 6, 2018

They shipped my modem 1.5 weeks late. Service did not work. I made an appointment for a tech to come fix it and he called on wrong day of appointment when I was at work. Turns out after they had me sign a contract that the service in my area does not even work, They have no upgrade. I had to spend a couple week on the phone getting a 0 balance since I never received working service. Then a couple weeks later I received a letter stating they were going to turn me into collections for an unpaid balance. Even though I did not owe this and my account was supposed to be 0 having never had working service, I paid it because I was worried that with their incompetence they would ding my credit. I called to pay the bill. It cost an extra 4.99 to pay by phone and had to go through 3 people just to pay their scam charges.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We signed up for Frontier internet service when we moved into our new house. It took several visits for the technician to figure out how to get it set up and we still did not get the full 26 MB per second that we were promised. I let that go because we live in a rural area and the internet was fast enough for what we needed. Then in May our internet went out during a small storm one Sunday. After several hours and 3 weeks without service we finally had enough. It went from a common outage, to needing to check the lines inside the house, then back to a larger outage. I was never contacted or kept up to date about anything so I had to call 2-3 times per week to get updates.

They are such a large company that it took forever to get to a person and then once I did they were of no help. I am currently on day 31 without internet and have canceled and gone with another company. They did credit me the month owed and $50 for two missed technician appointments but that was not nearly enough for the amount of time it was out. I finally started getting direct contact from their company after we put in a complaint to the BBB, but by that time it was too late and I was through with them. That customer service after the BBB complaint was the type of service we should have gotten at the beginning and never did. I would never recommend Frontier to anybody and would suggest looking into other options before signing up with them.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Yesterday They installed the cable and internet service in my house! The internet never worked, every time we tried to watch a movie it stayed loading, the internet signal did not reach my room! I call today cs to fix this problem and they let me waiting on the phone forever! When someone answer the phone I told them that I want to cancel my services and they told me that I need to pay 285$ for early cancellation fee!!! Wtf. I request to speak with a supervisor and the cs represents told me that her supervisor can’t help me with the cancellation fee!!! Is the worst company ever... 285$ for less than 24 hours of service (really bad service).

Original review: June 6, 2018

NO INTERNET SERVICE!!! As of June 5th 2018... there has been no Internet Service for 5 days and Frontier is unable to explain why other than saying that their service is being updated. THEY ARE UNABLE TO FIX THEIR OWN SYSTEM and have no time frame for when service will be online again. THEIR COMPUTERS HAVE BEEN DOWN. Frontier has not been able to process payments and you will be asked to call back another day... Really a major failure.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I moved from the house at which I had been receiving internet service and called in to delete my account and cancel service. I was assured it would be discontinued in two days after the call. A month later, I find out that I've not only been charged for another month of service, but none of the disconnects I'd ordered had actually taken place. Took 2-3 hours on the phone and very slow going through the customer service website to cancel payments and disconnect service, and I'm not even sure I'm going to be refunded for the month I was under the impression the service had been canceled. A complete failure of all related equipment would have been more helpful than their tech support.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I had not had many problems with Frontier until this past March. A door to door rep from Frontier came and offered us 75/75 internet only for $30.00 per month. We were only paying $50.00 for 50/50 service and had no problems and no contract. Ever since it's been downhill. They came to "install" new equipment and charged us $85.00 which the rep NEVER once mentioned. I refused to pay it. They told me to pay the bill and they would credit the account which basically never happened.

Long story short, they created 2 accounts for me so the payment was never getting credited. So I was getting varying bills with varying amounts. I called to have it fixed and they canceled one of the accounts but that canceled my whole service and now we are without internet. The earliest "install" date is over a week from now. They will do NOTHING to help or fix the situation. I asked for a supervisor and they refused. I will be canceling and calling Spectrum tonight. I doubt they are better because in my opinion ALL internet/cable service providers SUCK. They know you have very little choice so they try and screw you over as much as they possibly can. Run, don't walk away from Frontier!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have been a customer for over a decade. In that entire time, your service has been horrid. I have had to call multiple times, and nearly each time, you have failed to assist me in any way. There have been performance issues non-stop that entire time. Your customer service department is a joke - there is NO service, and apparently you don’t even understand what a service provider actually should be doing. Literally, EVERY call I have with you is a nightmare.

I have purchased the best available speed package for the location I live and it’s ridiculously slow (a.k.a. 2004 speeds 1.5-3 Mbps). We cannot stream movies effectively, my VPN connection from work often disconnects, and the service drops repeatedly. I’ve had to put up with this because there were no options, until today. I secured better service from a local company that actually cares. So, today, I wanted to break up, only to find that you are going to charge ME $100 “Early Termination Fee”, in addition to the $9.99 “Disconnect” fee (that literally is a touch of a button).

When I contested that, you claimed that it’s a reasonable fee, and that there’s no way to override. When I suggested that the service has been so horrible, it’s ludicrous for me to be paying a FEE to get rid of it. You said that my decision to live in the country with horrible internet was really the crux of the matter. It didn’t have anything to do with Frontier’s lack of infrastructure upgrades, their lack of technically skilled support staff, or the COMPLETE lack of general customer service. Ya… It was MY fault that I live in the country.

So Frontier, you can take my $109.99 to GET RID OF YOUR CRAPPY SERVICE. Nice business model you have going on. Marcus **, from the Connecticut Call Center (#509726), you should have chosen to waive the fee. After suffering for over 10 years with your abominable service, I deserved a break. I hope a few people read and share my story and steer clear of this awful company. Safe yourself!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Gave Frontier 1 star because less than 1 was not listed. Since my father died and I switched account to mom's name all hell has broken loose. I have been overbilled, double billed and billed for a phone I cancelled months ago. Customer service is a joke. Have spent hours on hold, have been hung up on, gotten a different answer from each of the reps I have spoken to but to no avail. I still get bills for a nonexistent phone at an old address. Run away. This company sucks. Isn't deregulation grand free reign to scam and bait and switch.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Learned from Comcast a residence cannot have two(2) accounts. Was yanked to Frontier Communications. The installation went well until the person doing the installation told me I would have a new address. I changed my address with all I had business dealings with and then learned the address given to me was a neighbor across the street. What a fiasco.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I've had two bad experiences with Frontier. When they took over for Verizon, our fee shot up and the service was worse. I chocked that up to taking on more than they could handle. Two years later and still dissatisfied with the service, I called Spectrum to switch over and set up a install date for two weeks out. The next day, my Frontier service was not working.

After multiple calls and transfers within their "Customer Service" and tech support, I was told everything from "My service was working", "It will be up in an hour", "I hadn't paid my bill" (I had), "There was a working order out to cancel my service for 2 weeks out" (Why does that matter?!?! It shouldn't be canceled until then!!), and "I had to wait for another 3 days to be connected". It has been 2 days without service and I am still without cable (and phone). It is very clear that because they know I am leaving them, they care even less about me than when I was a paying customer. I'll never deal with Frontier again!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I called to change services. The person told me of another option and that it would actually save me $90.00 per month and upgrade my internet speed as well. Sounded like a deal. It has been a nightmare since. The month after the changes my bill increased by $120+ a month instead of going down. I called and their words, not mine, that I was a victim of Slamming and Cramming. I was getting every movie channel there is and called every 2 weeks, escalated, but no one would stop the madness.

After a complaint through the FCC, we finally got someone from Executive Office. The best she could come up with was, "I must have misunderstood her" speaking to the savings per month I was expecting vs the changes that were actually made. Absolutely worthless! We have had to pay 5 months worth of overbilling. Hundreds of dollars! They should not be allowed to get away with this type of behavior especially when they have their own vernacular about this type of behavior!

Frontier Communications Company Information