3.9/5 (629 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About eFax

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: March 19, 2021

This app is a completely misleading. It says it's free for certain days then you will be charged. You have to put your credit card so you can activate. Do Not do it. After 15 mins of using app I received an email. They had charged $10 dollars. Minutes later another $10 dollars. I called to complain and was told if it goes over 60 seconds You start getting charged. I canceled. They said they will refund. Ten minutes after ending call I get charged another $10 dollars. There is nothing about free. I paid $30.00.

Hi Patricia

Thanks for your review, if you could email socialsupport@efax.com our social team will invesigate this right away and look to assist you. We are confident they'll be able to help and sort things out for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: March 17, 2021

The service did not work. I contacted them within an hour or so of trying it to cancel in writing. I’ve also called several times only to hold several minutes before being disconnected. Do not trust this site!

Hi Melissa

Thanks so much for your review and sorry to hear of your experience and issues around canceling. Cancellation can be done online (US, CA, AU), chat or by phone. If you would like to email socialsupport@efax.com with your eFax number our social team will be happy to assist you.

Resolution response: March 19, 2021

After posting the review on ConsumerAffairs, I emailed the eFax social support and they resolved the problem very quickly. My eFax account was cancelled like I wanted and I got a refund.

Original review: March 16, 2021

eFax free trial is a scam. There seems to be no way to cancel your subscription through eFax and stop them from charging your card. I subscribed to their “free trial” to send a fax once and while their fax service does work, their customer service does not. I tried to cancel the “free trial” through their website which tells you to call their customer service. When I called their customer service, the representative on the phone somehow said she couldn’t hear me as soon as I mentioned that I wanted to cancel my eFax account. She then hung up. It’s pretty suspicious that she couldn’t hear me as soon as I mentioned canceling my account. Do not give eFax your credit card information. It seems that I have no choice but to contact my bank soon to have them block future transactions and file a dispute with MasterCard. This seems to be the only way to have the charges from eFax stopped.

Hi Jacob

Thanks for your review, we can assure you we are not a scam and are more than happy to here to help you. If you'd like to email socialsupport@efax.com we will be more than happy to assist you ASAP.

Resolution response: March 19, 2021

The social media team was gracious and quick in assisting me. Though I appreciate their expeditious responses and excellent work, I would want to see this extended to all the customers who do not leave reviews too. eFax still has grave problems that the management must fix (iffy refunds, shady practices regarding their free trials, complicated UI, product itself not working/taking long). I wish them the best and would still urge anyone to avoid eFax unless they really need the service.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I signed up to eFax for a trial on a whim, trying to fax some documents using their service. Though I sent these documents via their portal (which is straight out of the 90s), I found out three weeks later from the recipients that they never received my faxed documents (I double-checked the number and everything). What's more, eFax only allows cancellation through phone calls. This is ridiculous and scammy in itself, but for 2 weeks I tried to get someone to pick up my phone calls on their Singapore number and it never worked. Before I knew it, they hit me with their fees. I will continue to try ringing them every day or call my bank and reverse the charges. Avoid eFax like you want to avoid catching the coronavirus.

Hi Harsh

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of your personal challenges. We'll be more than happy to review this and assist with your cancellation. We have sent you a private message the other day but not heard back yet, if your query is still outstanding please do let us know. Our social support team can also be contacted via socialsupport@efax.com if you need anything further.

Resolution response: March 2, 2021

After months of disputing transactions with PC Financial who told me that I was emailing an autoreply which magically sent autoreplies to the autoreply, Efax has offered me a refund and resolved the issue through the Consumer Affairs complaint board.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Based on Canada. To cancel is a problem and lots of stress. When you request by email, you get an autoreply. When you try to dispute the transaction to PC Financial, they tell you to send an email and then allege that you replied to an autoreply. Hard to cancel. Is Efax respecting of consumer laws? I want to cancel my account for months now.

Hi R

Thanks so much for your review, the cancel process should not be hard and can be done online, email, chat or by phone. If you would like to email socialsupport@efax.com with your eFax number our social team will be happy to assist you. Alternatively you can reply to the private message we will send you with this information also and we will be happy to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

To cancel an account, you have to pay for a month. It asks you to update billing info, even though the month was paid for and it charges you again. I have several fax services I use, and this was the worse. The fax quality is horrible. Do, not be conned in thinking this is #1 service. It's not.

Hi W

Thanks for your review, important to note we don't make you pay to cancel but we do request those with an outstanding payment to contact us so to ensure any outstanding payments are settled. We believe in your case there maybe an outstanding due and would be happy to look into this for you. If you would like to email socialsupport@efax.com with your eFax number our social support team would be happy to review and assist you with your cancellation.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I was using eFAX services since sometime, initially I was on monthly billing which was converted to annual billing at some point. As I was not using eFAX due to changed business needs, I tried to cancel it. I called their phone number to cancel which no one answers even after calling multiple times and waiting in excess of 30 minutes. It has recorded message to log in your account and cancel. I did that step as well, now it redirects you to chat with them. Chat is basically robot which directs you to email them. So I am on next step to email them which auto responds to call them. So I call it vicious circle of overcharging outgoing customers. BEWARE of these people and be ready to be charged $174.45 if they have your credit card.

Hi C

Thanks for your review, and sorry to read you are having issues cancelling & reaching us. From our side we'd like to sort this ASAP for you. We will send you a private message and work to resolve this for you.

Resolution response: Feb. 24, 2021

The company finally came through and resolved the issue. I am sorry that it took a public view of the issue to get it resolved, I hope the company reviews its policies and makes it easier to cancel.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

While the fax service itself might be good, trying to contact or deal with support/customer service is completely useless. They have a "live" chat line that is just a robot with canned responses, no actual person there. Their 24hour phone line ends with a voice saying "we can't answer your call at this time". You can't cancel your account if you are not in the USA without talking to a customer service representative but you can't reach a customer service representative and they won't cancel the account via email. They have stolen EUR45 from me while I have been trying to cancel this account since November 2020

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your review, and sorry to read you are having issues cancelling & reaching us. From our side we'd like to sort this ASAP for you and turn your not so good experience to a much better one. We will send you a private message and work to resolve this for you.

Resolution response: Feb. 16, 2021

Following my complaint on this site, I received an immediate repose from eFax and the matter was resolved to my satisfaction. For the many years that we used the service, we were satisfied with it. Marred only by the frustration of trying to close the account in the past few months.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Updated on 02/16/2021: We have resolved our issue with eFax regarding the difficulty of closing our account with them. Immediately after complaining on this site they contact me, and closed the account to our satisfaction. I think they would have better customer feedback if closing the service was as easy as opening it.

Original Review: The service itself was good, but as people don't use faxes now I want to cancel the service. This I've been trying to do for 6 months. The suggested link via their billing has been removed so you can't cancel via the web site. I've tried calling (no one ever answers despite going on hold for ages). Sent messages - no response. Meanwhile I keep getting charged 19.95 per month for a service we don't use. I suppose they are on the gravy train and want to keep milking. I called the bank and the only way to stop is to cancel my card and I will do that this week.

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your review, the cancel process should not be a difficult one and we are sorry to read of your experience. Online cancel is avaialable for all US & Canadian customers, if there is an outstanding amount owed it will direct you to contact us. If you could reply to the private message we will send you we will get this all sorted ASAP for you and take into account your original cancel requeat date too.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I signed up for a FREE service and was duped into thinking that is what I had. Pretty much eFax is following the cliché of tech companies. Scamming folks with promotions for FREE service then requiring a credit card, which eFax claims will not be charged. I signed up on 01/22/2021 and I cancelled the service within a week and was charged $10 for signing up and $26.95 for a months service, which I did not agree to. Stay away from eFax. This is not an ethical company. They lure one in with a FREE promotion only to use nasty bait and switch tactics.

Hi Catania

Many thanks for review. We are happy to reply and confirm our social team have already been in contact with you and believe your dispute should now be resolved. Should you have any further questions or queries please do feel free to email socialsupport@efax.com and we will be happy to assist.

Resolution response: Feb. 4, 2021

E-Fax got back with me ASAP after posting this review and I have received a full refund. Thanks for your immediate attention E-fax!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I had canceled my services over 6 months ago then my card was charged again for $99.99. I called today to again cancel and was told they would cancel but would give no refund the $99.99 that was supposed to cover until Jan 2022. If I could find my cancellation number they will refund me but without that they would not. I can't find this number and I should not have to. They should have canceled the account and we would not have to deal with this. Why should I have to pay $99.99 for a service I will not be using and have not used in over 6 months. They can even look at the account and see that it has not been used. I deserve a refund and hope they think better of this practice.

Hi Vincent

Thanks for your review, we believe our social support team have already been in contact with you and are looking to help resolve this matter and arrange a refund for you. Should you need any further assistance or need anything else feel free to email socialsupport@efax.com.

Resolution response: Jan. 28, 2021

After leaving a comment here the company responded quickly with instructions for how to accomplish my request.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I needed to fax some information about my car to the Insurance Co and signing up and sending a fax was easy. Otherwise I never need to fax or receive faxes. I canceled my account but got billed for a 2nd month. I tried canceling again but continue to get errors. Customer Support chat is useless. Getting through on the phone - haven't yet.

Hi Kirk

Thanks for your review, we are glad to hear the service worked for you but sorry to read of your cancel issues. Rest assured we can assist and easily sort things out for you, please email socialsupport@efax.com or contact us via twitter and or Facebook and we'll resolve this for you ASAP.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

The eFax service is not possible to cancel. It's made to frustrate by design. I would say it's harder to cancel than a gym membership. Canceling through your account online is not possible: The cancel link in their billing page is non-functional by design. The cancel link tells you to open a chat window with a bot. The bot tells you to go click on the cancel link. Cancelling by email is not possible: An email sent to cancel generates an automated response. -It says you have to do it through chat or a phone call. Cancelling by phone is not possible: Their phone system is designed to frustrate you and make you drop the call. It repeatedly dissuades you from continuing the call. When (finally) someone picks up, they are very courteous as expected from what appears to be an outsourced call center. The representative agrees to cancel the account. ***The account is not actually canceled, forcing you to call back.*** Avoid. Buy a fax machine instead.

Hi David

Much thanks for your review and sorry to read about your personally difficulty cancelling, the process should not be that hard as you've described, as to why and what happened for you we would be most interested to review on your behalf. If you could reply to the private message we will send you we will look into this ASAP and respond back to you.

Many thanks, looking forward to helping you

eFax Support Team

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I was having an issue accessing my account for several days, and this lovely lady helped me recover my account. She also gave me some tips to how I can avoid any sort of issue like this one in the future. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Mario

We are very happy that you had such a wonderful experience and that the lovely lady who you spoke to was able to recover your account. Please do let us know if we can ever asssist you in the future, we will be delighted to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I signed up for eFax to send a fax to my child's pediatrician. Don't know if she received it. The only reason I signed up was because there was a $10 setup fee and then it claimed to be free for two weeks. Turns out they bill you for a full year. I tried to cancel, but had to wait 2-3 days before I could. Once the option to cancel was available, it gave me a dialog box directing me to their chatbot. The chatbot, and their email support system, told me to follow the same process (which doesn't even work) to cancel my account. I've tried email, chat, phone and Twitter, but no reply. This is unacceptable and I will be telling people just to go to Staples to do a fax, because eFax is a ripoff and not worth the time. I wish I'd never have signed up.

Hi Steve

Thanks for your review, we are glad we were able to assist you and resolve this matter.

If we can be of any further assistance please do feel free to let us know, we'll be happy to assist.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Very happy with the service, I truly recommend it! I called the customer service few days ago because I had some issues with my fax number and the customer service representative solved the issues very fast.

Hi Simona

We are over the moon that you are very happy with the service and that you got such great service the other day and that your issue was solved very fast. Much thanks also for taking the time to let us know about your experience, we really appreciate it. Should you need anything in the future, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I Have been using eFax for many years now, and the support team always respond to my queries efficiently. I spoke today with Lia, and she was very polite and professional. I would recommend efax to anyone who needs to use fax service.

Hi Paul

Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it and are delighted to read how long you have been using the service and how happy you are. We will be sure to share your feedback with Lia, she will be so happy to know she helped.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had an issue logging into my account. The agent was very friendly and helpful and sorted my issue quickly. I Would recommend this Company for your Fax Solution, easy to manage your faxes online and assistance is there when needed.

Hi Lorraine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review and feedback today, we are delighted your issue was sorted and the agent you spoke to was very friendly and helpful and sorted my issue quickly. Should you ever need anything in the future, please do let us know and we will be more than happy to help out.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have tried to reach both their billing and customer service departments on every phone number they have worldwide, on multiple occasions 4 January - 8 January 2020. The one time I was able to get a person to answer, the line soon disconnected. It would be in their best interest if they would actually answer their customer support lines so that customers can arrange to pay them.

Hi Todd

Thanks for your review, the good news is our customer support does exist and we would be more than happy to assist you as well as looking into your challenges contacting us.

If you could reply to the private message we will send you with your eFax number and a contact number or email address you wish to be contacted on we will reach out.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I needed to send a single page fax a few months back. Signed up for this service to get it handled because it was for a doctors appointment. Seems pretty clear-cut when you sign up for the service but if you ever need to cancel your service buyer beware. They give you instructions on the website but the instructions given do not match what is on their website. The only way to REALLY cancel this service is to either cancel your card or use a prepaid card so they do not constantly charge you for the service. This service is based on the monthly subscription fee and if it is not paid they try to tack on another fee to that. I have been trying to call and attempting to get someone on the phone for two weeks now as I do not want to pay for this service to no avail. This is highly suspicious that a company would make it this difficult to cancel the service you may no longer need. The only way I know how to get in contact with them is going through a review site.

Hi Samantha

Thank you for your review and sorry to read you are unhappy and had difficulties cancelling, this should not be the case and should be straight forward.

If you could reply to the private message we will send you with your eFax number we will be more than happy to assist you here.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Do not recommend at all. I had a free number for over 10 years and was receiving faxes periodically. I just received an email last week, telling me I have a new account and phone number. So I thought it was a fraud and close it. I tried logging in to my old account and received and error. I contacted eFax and told me they gave my fax number to another person and opened me a new one without telling me or consent. Now some stranger is getting my personal faxes. I have to contact all healthcare providers, banks and government agencies and tell them not to send my personal info to that number anymore, it will be going to a stranger. I hope I do not get ID theft, I will hold this company responsible. Customer service just shrugged. I will never purchase anything from this company. Do not recommend at all!

Hi Jovonne

Thanks for your review and sorry to read you are unhappy, We believe a member of our social support team has been in contact and has assisted resolving this matter for you.

We can confirm that your number is now back up and running as per the confirmation email that you would have received via email the other day.

Should have any further questions or need assistance please let ourselves or socialsupport@efax.com know and we'll be happy to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Terrible customer service. I signed up for an eFax Plus account, which I no longer use. I decided I wanted to cancel my subscription since I never use it, but when I call customer support to do so, no one answers the phone. I have also sent numerous emails which have gone unanswered. I am growing increasingly frustrated as they have no problem taking money from customers, but refuse to help in any capacity with billing/technical issues. This company is fraudulent.

Hi Abigail

We would be happy to help and look into this further and assist you, if you can reply to the private message we will send you we will be more than happy to help. Alternatively If you are a US customer the option to cancel online will be available to you, simply login, click on account details, then click billing and at the bottom beside next payment date you will see the cancel option. If we can be of further assistance, please do let us know.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

My efax no longer works. I've paid for about 15 years. There is NO customer support. None. Efax has no support, no chat, no email response, nothing. They have sales teams ready to go to take your money, but NO support and their service doesn't work.

Hi Karter

Thanks for your review, we believe you have been contacted back already on this one yesterday and again today as part of a follow up to check in and assist further. Should you ever need expedited help and assistance please feel free to email our social team, their email address is socialsupport@efax.com and they and we will be happy to help.

Resolution response: Feb. 7, 2021

The Support Team was able to provide a satisfactory resolution. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

A vendor needed me to send them a fax so I signed up for a free trial of eFax. I logged on to my account there five days before the trial period ended and went through the steps presented to cancel my account. All looked good on my end; I reached the survey wanting to know why I was cancelling. ("One time use".) Unfortunately I did not notice until two billing cycles later that I was actually being billed for the service. I went to the website and initiated a chat which resulted in the pending (most recent) charge being cancelled, but they have refused to budge on the first charge. I am pursuing with my credit card company. I now know that if you cancel, you should get a confirmation number and email. If you cancel and don't get these, then contact them immediately!

Hi John

Thanks for your review, we would be happy to look into this further for you and are very confident we will be able to sort this for you. Could you either reply to the private message we will send you now or email socialsupport@efax.com. Looking forward to helping & resolving this.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I was having trouble using the app. The Customer Service team not only helped me resolve the issue, they also provided tips on using fax by email and the website. Very convenient and much appreciated.

Hi Marc

Thanks a million for your wonderful review, we are over the moon you got such great help and extra send tips too. If we can ever help you in the future please do feel free to let us know.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I give one star because it's hard to reach support for billing/technical issues. They don't return email request, hold time is horrific, unexplained charges and there are always issues with faxes being unsubmitted with no resolution from support. In addition they will charge you for the faxes that were not delivered. Do not purchase eFax because you will be overcharged and very disappointed with all the technical issues and charges by the minutes it take to try and send a fax. I think I'm going to just buy me a fax machine.

eFax response

Update

Hi j

We have not heard back from you unfortunately after trying to reach you in the last few days via the private messages sent to obtain more details to help locate your account and assist you. We hope this means your issue has been reolved since first posting and all is now sorted. If not, please do reach back out and we will be happy to assist you further, alternatively you can email socialsupport@efax.com and we will be delighted to assist.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I don't usually write reviews, especially for a positive experience, but I am so happy with the service I just received from eFax. I was dreading making the call, but the team was able to help with my question so quickly! Happy I did so. :)

Hi Mimi

Thanks so much for making the exception and leaving us your wonderful feedback. We are over the mooon that you are happy with the service and are delighted your question was answered quickly. Should you need any further assistance in the future please do let us know, we will be happy to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

It does what I need, but it needs a paint job. Account interface looks like it has not been updated in years. Other than, that I don't have any other problems. Faxing by email is the way to go versus using a machine.

Hi Stephen

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it and are delighted to read that it does the job for you. We will ensure to pass your feedback on to our web and design team also regarding your paint job suggestion. If you ever need anything in the future, please do feel free to let us know and we will be happy to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

We are using eFax services for more than 5 years now - it's quite easy to use and very helpful. Contacted efax today for some minor changes. John was very helpful and easy to communicate with. highly recommended!

Hi Prabha

Thank so much for your wonderful review, we very much appreciate it and are even happier that you like the service and had such a great experience with John today.

We will be sure to let John know your feedback as he will be over the moon to know he helped and how happy you were.

If we can ever be of assistance in the future please do let us know, we'll be happy to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I signed up for the two week free trial but then was billed $179 the same day. I sent an email to eFax straight away but never received a response. I then tried reaching out through chat and the representative Brian C. disconnected the chat 3 different times after I explained the situation. I then tried calling the number posted on their website and was put on hold for over an hour and then I finally hung up. There is clearly something shady going on with this company if they are so deliberately evading their customers. I strongly recommend not giving this company any of your financial info!!

Hi Stella

Thanks for your review, this sounds very strange and of out the norm to be charged this amount. By the sounds of things it sounds like an annual subscription charge vs the trial, this is most definitely something we'd like to invesitgate & assist you on further. If you could reply to the private message we will send you with some details we will look into this and sort things out for you.

eFax Company Information