Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

eFax Reviews

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I was never a customer with the company. They charged my card and refused to refund. They refused to provide account information for whoever signed up for the account even though I verified my identity and gave my card # for them to search it. They would not cancel the account or refund the charge. eFax is a fraudulent company that is clearly ripping people off. Go literally anywhere else for your fax needs.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I purchased a ~$17/month plan and was charged $26.95. I attempted to use the service to send a fax to a machine I knew was working and kept getting "transmission interrupted" errors. eFax blames the receiving machine even though the machine worked to receive the fax from another online fax provider just a few minutes later. You may only cancel by speaking directly with customer service. This cancellation process took at least 30 minutes. The rep kept trying to convince me to accept a monthly plan at an increasingly reduced rate. I was finally able to cancel but I was not able to get a refund on what I paid. Do not use this service.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Updated on 12/26/2019: Was able to get a refund. I blocked this company on my credit card so I am not erroneously billed one the future. This seems like a very dangerous company. They charged my business credit card two days into a 14 day trial. I was planning on using them for years. However after this stunt and their shady and rude customer service, I have cancelled. Buyer beware.

Original Review: Billed me $10 in first three days of trial. I sent 2 faxes. They said they charge by the minute. And they would not refund. After being hung up on, I spoke to a supervisor who said he would refund. I never received. People work in India. Can’t understand them and they lie. Do not use for any reason.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Faxing is generally fine. Billing and customer service absolutely horrible. Their billed rate goes up every month. They kept billing me when I wanted to cancel. When, after a few months I finally got through to their barely intelligible customer service, they talked me into just keeping the inbound service, at a reduced rate (approx $5/mo). I agreed to this. After a few months I noticed their billing had jumped up to $46.80/mo!!!! I tried to cancel but kept getting sent to a dead-end link to cancel. I left nasty voice messages but was still billed this past month and had to stop payment and get a new credit card. Read the reviews - do not do business with this company!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I signed up for eFax and according to their advertisement they have a free trial. I realized that it wasn't going to work for me so I cancelled in the trial period. Only did one fax. I noticed on my bank statement that I got charged immediately after signing up. I waited for another statement thinking that they will refund it since I cancelled in time within the trial period. Since there hasn't been any refunds I contacted them via chat. Just don't have the time for phone calls.

I was told that in order to get a refund I have to notify them within 7days of the charge which is ridiculous because the statement did not come in yet. They told me I have to go through my bank/credit card company. They will not do anything. Of course I was upset but I was nice and the chat agent said that I can let them know my complaint through survey which I never got. I wrote another sentence how upset I was and they just disconnected. Lousy service. Product can be good for someone who needs it but don't expect free trial and who knows how they will charge monthly since this was my initial experience. Thinking how many others would have got sucked into this false advertisement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

1. As far as the faxes themselves go, I had no problem at all. Received and sent just fine. 2. Customer service is horrible. Cannot understand half of the reps. Sending overseas is one thing, but most reps' English is awful and they cannot follow what you are saying. 3. Online Chat? Don't even try it. They transfer you from one person to another and after stating your problem you keep getting "Hello, my name is John Doe, can I be of service to you". Really? Third person. 4. BILLING: Auto-billing, cannot change that, get hit with $129+ on your credit card. Good luck if you try to get it reversed. If your credit card doesn't go through, you are immediately hit with late charges. This could be a very good company if they would do away with auto-billing - total scam, and if they would get reps that speak CLEAR English and understand what the heck you are trying to say. STAY AWAY... FIND ANOTHER FAX COMPANY.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I joined eFax on 12/2/19 with a free trial. I attempted to send a fax 5 times without success. Each failure had an associated message: Unfortunately, because your email address is not registered with a paid eFax account, your fax transmission did not go through. I called tech support at eFax and was "disconnected" multiple times. I then called to cancel my subscription. The agent at eFax said there was a technical issue that might get resolved in the next few hours. I indicated I wanted to cancel my account. After three attempts by the agent to keep me as a customer with reduced costs and with an extended trial, I informed the agent that I was tired of getting new offers when I just wanted to cancel. Eventually my account was closed.

I then went to MyFax and signed up for a free trial at a lower cost than eFax. I successfully signed up for a trail and attempted to send a fax. Incredibly, the interface to send a fax was identical to eFax. They are the same company. I got the same failure, for the same reason. I attempted to immediately cancel my subscription, but was "disconnected" two times. The following day I was able to cancel my subscription. Next I signed up for a free trial with Fax.com. This worked like a charm. I was able to send two faxes, no issues.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

This company doesn't deserve any stars. I signed up no problem but when it came time to cancel it was an absolute nightmare! I was billed for 3 years of service that I didn't use. I had proof of cancellation but was told no refund because I emailed my request to cancel to the wrong company department. I would have expected a reputable company to forward it to the proper department or email back to let me know of the mistake. It has cost my company over $400 CDN over 3 years. They kept my credit card info and just continued to bill me each year, ignoring my requests to cancel the service and without my permission.

After 45 minutes on the phone and a chat with the manager. I'm told he will put a request through to the finance department for a pro-rated partial refund. Then he went further to say that they may not accept my request. At this point I'm feeling this company are scammers. They took $ from my credit card for a service I wasn't using and didn't cancel it on 3 occasions (twice by phone, once by email) when requested to do so.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Originally, I had a fax subscription with Fax8 -- a HIPAA compliant web-based fax service, annual fee $56, and I was allowed to send/receive 1,000 fax per month. In May 2017, eFax took over my subscription from Fax87 and I assumed eFax was comparable to Fax87. I was WRONG. My eFax Plus subscription was not not HIPAA compliant, the annual fee cost $203, and was only able to send/receive 300 fax per month. In addition, I never received an annual notice for the eFax subscription payment. I looked at my account setting and it was Default set to not receive payment notice via USPS or email. I would never agree to not getting a notice for annual payment.

On November 20, 2019, I cancelled my eFax subscription as it was not HIPAA compliant, the cost is exorbitant, and the number of fax allowed to send is minimal.

Because my annual subscription account is paid through May 2019, I requested a partial refund. eFax informed me there is no refund policy!! I told customer service that I needed to speak to someone else, they advised, "I'm sorry, but eFax does not have a refund policy so talking to someone else won't do any good. It's stated in your contract.” However, I never signed a contract with eFax, I signed a contract with Fax87!!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Beware!!! They are the worst ripoff company I have ever dealt with! eFax ripped me off really bad!! None of my fax attempts ever went through over the course of 6 attempts over the course of 3 weeks!!!! I thought maybe the fax machine was not working or turned off. It was a government fax number though so it should've been. I even called the dept and asked them whether their fax number was working properly or not. They told me that of course their number was properly working. They said they have been getting faxes come through without any problems or complaints from anyone!

Then I called efax to try to cancel, so the rep talks me into another trial which he told me would end on 11-25-2019. Along with a trial of e-voice!!! Then they charge me $16.95 on 10-29-2019!!!! I tired to call twice to get this overturned. Then I was promised that someone would call or email me on 11-4-2019 after it was investigated, but they never contacted me! I had to call again myself and then this "Charles" tells me that someone should have emailed me..Needless to say they said "No." so I had to file a non authorized charge against them with my bank! Do not ever use this company! They are absolutely the worst! You will be ripped off!!!!

eFax Company Information