Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

3.9/5 (484 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About eFax

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: July 8, 2021

We started out using Efax services as an individual account. Then we migrated to a corporate account. Efax failed to merge the two account and kept billing us for both accounts monthly. When we contacted Efax, they said we were supposed to send a specific email instructing them to cancel the individual account; although we told them this verbally while setting up the account. So, we sent the email confirming we wanted to cancel the individual account. Guess what? They still billed us for both monthly for subsequent months.

When we requested a refund of the months billed, they only refunded one month and ignored our request to refund the other month; Even though the request was made way ahead of the billing cycle. NO ONE acknowledged receipt of our email requesting the refund, but when we were signing up they were diligent in making themselves available. When we requested they cancel our corporate account due to improper billing, they did so immediately, never asking what the problem was. STAY AWAY from Efax. Do not enroll in automatic payment. Do not even give them your payment information. If you've been with them for a while, please check your past invoices and payments very carefully. This has been a nightmare. I wish I'd read the reviews before signing up with them.

Hi Carmel

Many thanks for your review. We are sorry to read of your difficulties but believe these should be easily fixed. If you could reply to the private message with your eFax number (s) we will look into this matter right away.

eFax Support Team

Original review: July 2, 2021

They will charge you even if you cancel, then the website doesn't give you the ability to cancel your account (as their email reply tells you to do), so getting your refund is almost impossible without filing an unauthorized charge claim with your credit company. Unless you need a year's worth of faxing, don't sign up for this company. They are NOT transparent regarding their cancellation policies, and they DO NOT make it easy to reach someone for assistance....and even if you do, they do all they can to keep your money and not return it if you want to cancel AND get a refund! July 1, 2021.

Hi Tonja

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of your personal experience. If you could email our social support team they will investigate this and assist you further, they can be reached at the following email socialsupport@efax.com.

eFax Support Team

Original review: June 22, 2021

I signed up for the 2 week free trial on my iPhone and was immediately charged. When I contacted customer service they said I couldn't do anything since apple billed me. I said how is this possible and I was told that the 2 week free trial only works if you sign-up online, yet the app even said there was a two week free trial. This is insanely shady to not find a way to refund and absolutely unbelievable that the app doesn't automatically wait 14 days to charge. Very shady and unethical company.

Hi Tyler

eFax Support Team

Original review: May 29, 2021

Updated on 06/01/2021: I tried to cancel a free trial on the website but the link under the billing tab did not exist in my account. They have no phone number listed and chat service was unavailable each time I checked. I contacted efax several times via email to cancel a free trial, which they refused. Following my multiple requests to cancel the free trial, they charged my credit card. My free trial stated it would end and the service works be $9.99/month. They charged me $14.59.

I placed a review on Consumer Affairs and they responded within 36 hours with a request to email them at a different email address. I did so, explaining the issue, and they continue to blatantly refuse to cancel the account, claiming they can’t verify me despite providing them all the information related to the account, and also refuse to issue a refund for the unauthorized charge.

Original review: I signed up for a free trial with efax and promptly canceled the free trial. I tried to cancel online but the option didn’t exist as indicated in their FAQs. I emailed the company 3 times requesting that the trial be canceled and they refused after each email to cancel the free trial. The company proceeded to charge my account for the membership following my multiple requests to cancel the free trial.

Hi Skye

eFax Support Team

Original review: May 27, 2021

I took a free trial of eFax in February and tried to cancel it many times but there was no option to cancel the subscription. Also, there is no way to remove the credit card details also. It has been billing me every month for the service. I have mailed them many times but getting no response. On calling them they disconnect the calls. It's a scam! Beware.

Hi Jyoti

eFax Support Team

Original review: May 5, 2021

The option to cancel and stop being billed is not available on the site. When logging a ticket I only get an automated response with the same instructions. When trying online chat, I also just get a bot with the same useless information. I have been billed for another month with no action from the company side to cancel. I do not understand how companies like these are still allowed to handle credit card information.

Hi Jacobus

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of personal experience cancelling. If you'd like to email socialsupport@efax.com we will be more than happy to assist you ASAP and arrange any refund needed and applicable.

eFax Support Team

Original review: May 4, 2021

It's impossible to cancel your subscription. On the website they say you have to chat with a representative, and then the representative says you have to go on the website. Then, they simply ignore your messages and stop answering. I definitely do not recommend eFax.

Hi Arthur

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of personal experience cancelling. If you'd like to email socialsupport@efax.com we will be more than happy to assist you ASAP amd sort things out for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 18, 2021

Please be careful when you use this service. Easy to signup. Difficult to cancel the account!!! Especially if you are an international customer. The option to cancel your account is not available to you and you will spend a non-trivial amount of time canceling your account. Hope these guys get their act together.

Hi Ido

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of personal experience cancelling. If you'd like to email socialsupport@efax.com we will be more than happy to assist you ASAP.

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 12, 2021

Please be careful when you use this service. Easy to signup. Difficult to cancel the account. Especially if you are an international customer. The option to cancel your account is not available to you and you will spend a non-trivial amount of time cancelling your account. Hope these guys get their act together.

Hi Vikram

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear you are having challenges cancelling we will be happy to assist and get things sorted for you. If you could reply to our private message with some details we will get this sorted for you easily.

eFax Support Team

Original review: March 23, 2021

Run away! Do not waste your time and hard earned money. I recently discovered that eFax is a scam. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way and too late to remedy anything. Many years ago I used the service and from what I can recall it was not a negative experience. Most recently I was in the middle of a 14 day free trial which included up to 150 pages and after the fact, I learned that it allows for 60 seconds per page. I was billed additional charges $10 x 2 on my credit card from the onset of my “Free Trial”. I assumed they were just pre-authorizations… not the case after all.

After repeated calls to customer service (outsourced overseas) and several convenient disconnections I was finally connected to a supervisor who explained that I was charged for time. I only faxed 130 pages….well within the allotted amount. However the rep told me it took 59 minutes to fax 21 pages to account for one leg of the fax job and some astronomical number (amount of time elapsed) covering the fax job in total…. time well beyond the 60 second/page window. Time should not be the burden of the sender… It’s out of our control. This policy should have been clearly stated prior to sign-up. The service as a whole is unclear and somewhat wonky. The tracking and so forth are something left to be desired as well. I would strongly advise against eFax. I do not recommend.

Hi Rob

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of your unhappiness, we would be more than happy to review and look into your faxing to see what has happened. If there has been an error of course we are more than happy to rectify this and would like the opportunity to work with you to try help resolve this matter. If you could email socialsupport@efax.com with some more details, our social support team will investigate further.

eFax Support Team

Original review: March 19, 2021

This app is a completely misleading. It says it's free for certain days then you will be charged. You have to put your credit card so you can activate. Do Not do it. After 15 mins of using app I received an email. They had charged $10 dollars. Minutes later another $10 dollars. I called to complain and was told if it goes over 60 seconds You start getting charged. I canceled. They said they will refund. Ten minutes after ending call I get charged another $10 dollars. There is nothing about free. I paid $30.00.

Hi Patricia

Thanks for your review, if you could email socialsupport@efax.com our social team will invesigate this right away and look to assist you. We are confident they'll be able to help and sort things out for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: March 17, 2021

The service did not work. I contacted them within an hour or so of trying it to cancel in writing. I’ve also called several times only to hold several minutes before being disconnected. Do not trust this site!

Hi Melissa

Thanks so much for your review and sorry to hear of your experience and issues around canceling. Cancellation can be done online (US, CA, AU), chat or by phone. If you would like to email socialsupport@efax.com with your eFax number our social team will be happy to assist you.

Resolution response: March 19, 2021

After posting the review on ConsumerAffairs, I emailed the eFax social support and they resolved the problem very quickly. My eFax account was cancelled like I wanted and I got a refund.

Original review: March 16, 2021

eFax free trial is a scam. There seems to be no way to cancel your subscription through eFax and stop them from charging your card. I subscribed to their “free trial” to send a fax once and while their fax service does work, their customer service does not. I tried to cancel the “free trial” through their website which tells you to call their customer service. When I called their customer service, the representative on the phone somehow said she couldn’t hear me as soon as I mentioned that I wanted to cancel my eFax account. She then hung up. It’s pretty suspicious that she couldn’t hear me as soon as I mentioned canceling my account. Do not give eFax your credit card information. It seems that I have no choice but to contact my bank soon to have them block future transactions and file a dispute with MasterCard. This seems to be the only way to have the charges from eFax stopped.

Hi Jacob

Thanks for your review, we can assure you we are not a scam and are more than happy to here to help you. If you'd like to email socialsupport@efax.com we will be more than happy to assist you ASAP.

Resolution response: March 19, 2021

The social media team was gracious and quick in assisting me. Though I appreciate their expeditious responses and excellent work, I would want to see this extended to all the customers who do not leave reviews too. eFax still has grave problems that the management must fix (iffy refunds, shady practices regarding their free trials, complicated UI, product itself not working/taking long). I wish them the best and would still urge anyone to avoid eFax unless they really need the service.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I signed up to eFax for a trial on a whim, trying to fax some documents using their service. Though I sent these documents via their portal (which is straight out of the 90s), I found out three weeks later from the recipients that they never received my faxed documents (I double-checked the number and everything). What's more, eFax only allows cancellation through phone calls. This is ridiculous and scammy in itself, but for 2 weeks I tried to get someone to pick up my phone calls on their Singapore number and it never worked. Before I knew it, they hit me with their fees. I will continue to try ringing them every day or call my bank and reverse the charges. Avoid eFax like you want to avoid catching the coronavirus.

Hi Harsh

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of your personal challenges. We'll be more than happy to review this and assist with your cancellation. We have sent you a private message the other day but not heard back yet, if your query is still outstanding please do let us know. Our social support team can also be contacted via socialsupport@efax.com if you need anything further.

Resolution response: March 2, 2021

After months of disputing transactions with PC Financial who told me that I was emailing an autoreply which magically sent autoreplies to the autoreply, Efax has offered me a refund and resolved the issue through the Consumer Affairs complaint board.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Based on Canada. To cancel is a problem and lots of stress. When you request by email, you get an autoreply. When you try to dispute the transaction to PC Financial, they tell you to send an email and then allege that you replied to an autoreply. Hard to cancel. Is Efax respecting of consumer laws? I want to cancel my account for months now.

Hi R

Thanks so much for your review, the cancel process should not be hard and can be done online, email, chat or by phone. If you would like to email socialsupport@efax.com with your eFax number our social team will be happy to assist you. Alternatively you can reply to the private message we will send you with this information also and we will be happy to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

To cancel an account, you have to pay for a month. It asks you to update billing info, even though the month was paid for and it charges you again. I have several fax services I use, and this was the worse. The fax quality is horrible. Do, not be conned in thinking this is #1 service. It's not.

Hi W

Thanks for your review, important to note we don't make you pay to cancel but we do request those with an outstanding payment to contact us so to ensure any outstanding payments are settled. We believe in your case there maybe an outstanding due and would be happy to look into this for you. If you would like to email socialsupport@efax.com with your eFax number our social support team would be happy to review and assist you with your cancellation.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I was using eFAX services since sometime, initially I was on monthly billing which was converted to annual billing at some point. As I was not using eFAX due to changed business needs, I tried to cancel it. I called their phone number to cancel which no one answers even after calling multiple times and waiting in excess of 30 minutes. It has recorded message to log in your account and cancel. I did that step as well, now it redirects you to chat with them. Chat is basically robot which directs you to email them. So I am on next step to email them which auto responds to call them. So I call it vicious circle of overcharging outgoing customers. BEWARE of these people and be ready to be charged $174.45 if they have your credit card.

Hi C

Thanks for your review, and sorry to read you are having issues cancelling & reaching us. From our side we'd like to sort this ASAP for you. We will send you a private message and work to resolve this for you.

Resolution response: Feb. 24, 2021

The company finally came through and resolved the issue. I am sorry that it took a public view of the issue to get it resolved, I hope the company reviews its policies and makes it easier to cancel.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

While the fax service itself might be good, trying to contact or deal with support/customer service is completely useless. They have a "live" chat line that is just a robot with canned responses, no actual person there. Their 24hour phone line ends with a voice saying "we can't answer your call at this time". You can't cancel your account if you are not in the USA without talking to a customer service representative but you can't reach a customer service representative and they won't cancel the account via email. They have stolen EUR45 from me while I have been trying to cancel this account since November 2020

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your review, and sorry to read you are having issues cancelling & reaching us. From our side we'd like to sort this ASAP for you and turn your not so good experience to a much better one. We will send you a private message and work to resolve this for you.

Resolution response: Feb. 16, 2021

Following my complaint on this site, I received an immediate repose from eFax and the matter was resolved to my satisfaction. For the many years that we used the service, we were satisfied with it. Marred only by the frustration of trying to close the account in the past few months.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Updated on 02/16/2021: We have resolved our issue with eFax regarding the difficulty of closing our account with them. Immediately after complaining on this site they contact me, and closed the account to our satisfaction. I think they would have better customer feedback if closing the service was as easy as opening it.

Original Review: The service itself was good, but as people don't use faxes now I want to cancel the service. This I've been trying to do for 6 months. The suggested link via their billing has been removed so you can't cancel via the web site. I've tried calling (no one ever answers despite going on hold for ages). Sent messages - no response. Meanwhile I keep getting charged 19.95 per month for a service we don't use. I suppose they are on the gravy train and want to keep milking. I called the bank and the only way to stop is to cancel my card and I will do that this week.

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your review, the cancel process should not be a difficult one and we are sorry to read of your experience. Online cancel is avaialable for all US & Canadian customers, if there is an outstanding amount owed it will direct you to contact us. If you could reply to the private message we will send you we will get this all sorted ASAP for you and take into account your original cancel requeat date too.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I signed up for a FREE service and was duped into thinking that is what I had. Pretty much eFax is following the cliché of tech companies. Scamming folks with promotions for FREE service then requiring a credit card, which eFax claims will not be charged. I signed up on 01/22/2021 and I cancelled the service within a week and was charged $10 for signing up and $26.95 for a months service, which I did not agree to. Stay away from eFax. This is not an ethical company. They lure one in with a FREE promotion only to use nasty bait and switch tactics.

Hi Catania

Many thanks for review. We are happy to reply and confirm our social team have already been in contact with you and believe your dispute should now be resolved. Should you have any further questions or queries please do feel free to email socialsupport@efax.com and we will be happy to assist.

Resolution response: Feb. 4, 2021

E-Fax got back with me ASAP after posting this review and I have received a full refund. Thanks for your immediate attention E-fax!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I had canceled my services over 6 months ago then my card was charged again for $99.99. I called today to again cancel and was told they would cancel but would give no refund the $99.99 that was supposed to cover until Jan 2022. If I could find my cancellation number they will refund me but without that they would not. I can't find this number and I should not have to. They should have canceled the account and we would not have to deal with this. Why should I have to pay $99.99 for a service I will not be using and have not used in over 6 months. They can even look at the account and see that it has not been used. I deserve a refund and hope they think better of this practice.

Hi Vincent

Thanks for your review, we believe our social support team have already been in contact with you and are looking to help resolve this matter and arrange a refund for you. Should you need any further assistance or need anything else feel free to email socialsupport@efax.com.

Resolution response: Jan. 28, 2021

After leaving a comment here the company responded quickly with instructions for how to accomplish my request.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I needed to fax some information about my car to the Insurance Co and signing up and sending a fax was easy. Otherwise I never need to fax or receive faxes. I canceled my account but got billed for a 2nd month. I tried canceling again but continue to get errors. Customer Support chat is useless. Getting through on the phone - haven't yet.

Hi Kirk

Thanks for your review, we are glad to hear the service worked for you but sorry to read of your cancel issues. Rest assured we can assist and easily sort things out for you, please email socialsupport@efax.com or contact us via twitter and or Facebook and we'll resolve this for you ASAP.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

The eFax service is not possible to cancel. It's made to frustrate by design. I would say it's harder to cancel than a gym membership. Canceling through your account online is not possible: The cancel link in their billing page is non-functional by design. The cancel link tells you to open a chat window with a bot. The bot tells you to go click on the cancel link. Cancelling by email is not possible: An email sent to cancel generates an automated response. -It says you have to do it through chat or a phone call. Cancelling by phone is not possible: Their phone system is designed to frustrate you and make you drop the call. It repeatedly dissuades you from continuing the call. When (finally) someone picks up, they are very courteous as expected from what appears to be an outsourced call center. The representative agrees to cancel the account. ***The account is not actually canceled, forcing you to call back.*** Avoid. Buy a fax machine instead.

Hi David

Much thanks for your review and sorry to read about your personally difficulty cancelling, the process should not be that hard as you've described, as to why and what happened for you we would be most interested to review on your behalf. If you could reply to the private message we will send you we will look into this ASAP and respond back to you.

Many thanks, looking forward to helping you

eFax Support Team

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I was having an issue accessing my account for several days, and this lovely lady helped me recover my account. She also gave me some tips to how I can avoid any sort of issue like this one in the future. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Mario

We are very happy that you had such a wonderful experience and that the lovely lady who you spoke to was able to recover your account. Please do let us know if we can ever asssist you in the future, we will be delighted to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I signed up for eFax to send a fax to my child's pediatrician. Don't know if she received it. The only reason I signed up was because there was a $10 setup fee and then it claimed to be free for two weeks. Turns out they bill you for a full year. I tried to cancel, but had to wait 2-3 days before I could. Once the option to cancel was available, it gave me a dialog box directing me to their chatbot. The chatbot, and their email support system, told me to follow the same process (which doesn't even work) to cancel my account. I've tried email, chat, phone and Twitter, but no reply. This is unacceptable and I will be telling people just to go to Staples to do a fax, because eFax is a ripoff and not worth the time. I wish I'd never have signed up.

Hi Steve

Thanks for your review, we are glad we were able to assist you and resolve this matter.

If we can be of any further assistance please do feel free to let us know, we'll be happy to assist.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Very happy with the service, I truly recommend it! I called the customer service few days ago because I had some issues with my fax number and the customer service representative solved the issues very fast.

Hi Simona

We are over the moon that you are very happy with the service and that you got such great service the other day and that your issue was solved very fast. Much thanks also for taking the time to let us know about your experience, we really appreciate it. Should you need anything in the future, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I Have been using eFax for many years now, and the support team always respond to my queries efficiently. I spoke today with Lia, and she was very polite and professional. I would recommend efax to anyone who needs to use fax service.

Hi Paul

Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it and are delighted to read how long you have been using the service and how happy you are. We will be sure to share your feedback with Lia, she will be so happy to know she helped.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had an issue logging into my account. The agent was very friendly and helpful and sorted my issue quickly. I Would recommend this Company for your Fax Solution, easy to manage your faxes online and assistance is there when needed.

Hi Lorraine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review and feedback today, we are delighted your issue was sorted and the agent you spoke to was very friendly and helpful and sorted my issue quickly. Should you ever need anything in the future, please do let us know and we will be more than happy to help out.

Much thanks

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have tried to reach both their billing and customer service departments on every phone number they have worldwide, on multiple occasions 4 January - 8 January 2020. The one time I was able to get a person to answer, the line soon disconnected. It would be in their best interest if they would actually answer their customer support lines so that customers can arrange to pay them.

Hi Todd

Thanks for your review, the good news is our customer support does exist and we would be more than happy to assist you as well as looking into your challenges contacting us.

If you could reply to the private message we will send you with your eFax number and a contact number or email address you wish to be contacted on we will reach out.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I needed to send a single page fax a few months back. Signed up for this service to get it handled because it was for a doctors appointment. Seems pretty clear-cut when you sign up for the service but if you ever need to cancel your service buyer beware. They give you instructions on the website but the instructions given do not match what is on their website. The only way to REALLY cancel this service is to either cancel your card or use a prepaid card so they do not constantly charge you for the service. This service is based on the monthly subscription fee and if it is not paid they try to tack on another fee to that. I have been trying to call and attempting to get someone on the phone for two weeks now as I do not want to pay for this service to no avail. This is highly suspicious that a company would make it this difficult to cancel the service you may no longer need. The only way I know how to get in contact with them is going through a review site.

Hi Samantha

Thank you for your review and sorry to read you are unhappy and had difficulties cancelling, this should not be the case and should be straight forward.

If you could reply to the private message we will send you with your eFax number we will be more than happy to assist you here.

Much thanks