3.7/5 (299 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About eFax

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: July 18, 2022

I signed up for the free eFax trial. I sent one fax to test the service. It took several tries to even successfully be sent. I decided not to proceed with the efax past the trial date. I went to cancel the service and was unable to. They stated I was already in the paying phase, even though I was still (by days) in the trial phase. I was told to send an email to the support desk. I sent an email requesting the service be canceled. I never received a response. I was charged the monthly rate and in addition, the resolution when I contacted support was to offer me a different monthly efax plan. There is apparently no credits available for anything associated with efax, per the support person.

eFax response

Hello Lindsay. We would be happy to assist you in reviewing your account. Please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details in order for us to further assist you in regards to your issue. ^RA

Original review: July 6, 2022

Always dismayed when people seem to try to keep you captive to a service - Was looking through some billing and found two eFax accounts. Looking at it, seems like we had been customers for 14 years, but last few years had practically 0 use. Our responsibility for not keeping track, but ran into several negatives while trying to cancel our service.

a> No ability to cancel online, I had to talk to somebody via either chat online or phone.
b> Called via phone, and of course got a 'high volume' and told to go online.
c> Joined via chat, waited more than 15 minutes to get connected. Started process, then while waiting for the cancellation to be processed I got distracted for a bit, got a "do you want to keep a discounted version" followed by a "you have taken too long and will be disconnected".
d> Once reconnected again, went from #1 in queue, to 2 to 3 to 4... not sure if I was flagged as a 'wanting to cancel' customer or what, but had to wait again to get reconnected and make my same request.

e> Amusingly, even though I was logged into our account, nothing carried over into chat, so had to revalidate all info again. Chat was also having an issue and everything was showing up twice (my messages and their responses) making the whole thing even more unprofessional.

Beyond making it difficult/time consuming to do this (spent over 30 minutes when it was all said and done), our proactive vendors on other platforms would have reached out to us based on lower usage and realigned us to a more appropriate plan. Also typically there would be some kind of pro-rata refund when cancelled (especially just 2 months into 12 months), but I get that's a personal business decision as well. Not what I would consider customer friendly.

eFax response

Hello Ian, this is not the experience that we wish you to have. Online cancellation instructions are available on this link: https://www.efax.com/cancel and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: May 14, 2022

CONSUMERS, BE AWARE!!!! For the past 24 months, the faxing service that we signed up for and agreed to pay $19.99USD per month has cost us over $300USD per month. When signed up after the free trial, we chose the $16.99USD per month. Still, we were contacted by their sales team using terms such as "limited time offer" and "HIPAA COMPLIANT Service" to pressure us to the more expensive package. Yet a few months later, we found out there is no package that would be "Unlimited," nor does the company offer it for a "LIMITED TIME" despite the evident change in subscription from $16.99 to $19.99, the company denied ever knowing or offering such service.

When we tried to move the service to another provider with better reviews and actual unlimited fax pricing for $12 per month, eFax blocked the transfer (porting) of the number to another service provider. The fax number that was advertised to all our customers and vendors was now locked to eFAX, and stopping service meant losing the advertised fax number. COMPLETE SCAM.

eFax response

Hello Arman. Unfortunately, we currently have no plans that can provide unlimited pages. If you do not require any HIPAA compliance for sending and receiving PHI documents, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist you in providing you with plans that are compatible with your needs. ^RA

Original review: May 3, 2022

Nicoletta was very very patient and very helpful in getting my questions answered and problems solved. There were issues with the email being verified when I signed up for the free trial, but she guided me through it.

Original review: April 10, 2022

Canceled during trial, and in January and it's April and yesterday another charge even more than originally was quoted from you hit my account, bunch of scamming thieves, California is where you belong!!

eFax response

Hello Claude. This certainly should not be your experience. If you would message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and if possible a record of your cancellation attempt, we will be happy to investigate and resolve your issue.

Stay safe and healthy

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 8, 2022

I needed a fax service for two faxes in 2021. I didn't cancel before the end of the trail so I ended up paying which I acknowledge was my fault. I only set up one account. However mysteriously there were two accounts under my name opened at the same time. I only discovered this when I saw that I was continuing to be charged for a service I believed to be canceled in December. I contacted customer service and that's when I learned of the other account.

Their customer service is frustrating. They repeat the same questions and don't listen to your responses. It takes longer than it should to resolve issues. Talking to their customer service is like talking to a robot or a brick wall. It doesn't matter that I hadn't been using the fax number or didn't know there were two accounts. There's zero flexibility, no chance of a refund. They will just remind you of their contract and that's it. They don't work with you at all. It was completely frustrating and if I ever need to fax anything again I will not be using their services. I've worked in customer service for years, most recently as a director of customer support. If they were on my team they would either need to be retrained or fired.

eFax response

Hello Denieal. That is most certainly not the type of impression we wish to leave customers with. The terms stated in the customer agreement do state that service fees are non-refundable irrespective of usage. Having said that, exceptions are always considered. Customers are not restricted by any contract term and can cancel, downgrade or upgrade at any time. Any concerns or questions can be directed to socialsupport@efax.com.

Stay safe and healthy

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 6, 2022

I signed up for eFax so I can work from home and have access to remote faxes for communicating with the doctor offices. I was offered free trial for 30 days and won't be bill until 30 days. When I checked my bill within 2 weeks, I was charged $10 every other day for using this. I called the CS and they told me it was correct and I went over using the eFax. I explained that I should never be charge since I was under the trial period. I asked for the management and they told me they will have management contact me after taking my info but never heard back from them. I have been charged over $139 within 2 months. I want my money back and they refused to communicate with me. Now, I want to cancel the service and for a full refund for false advertisement and for unauthorizing charges.

eFax response

Hello Robin, this is not the experience that we wish you to have. We would be happy to review our account. Please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: March 11, 2022

Nicoleta L. - Support Advisor, Consensus@ -- she was both courteous and efficient in handling my subscription cancel. She also noted consequences involved / + concluding advice regarding the various eFax products. James M.

eFax response

Thank you James for the wonderful review. Your feedback is always appreciated and will be passed along to Nicoleta. If you should subscribe again and have any need of assistance, please message us at socialsupport@efax.com.

Your wisest investment is a healthy lifestyle

eFax Support Team

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

She was clear, concise, and positive. I needed to cancel my account and it was quite easy with her help. She knew what she was doing and knew all of the answers to my questions. I wish all customer service representatives were like her.

eFax response

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback Dexter. We are very pleased to hear that Marijana provided you with excellent service! We appreciate you for sharing your experience here with us and should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I was looking for a free/cheap online fax service (I only send2-3 faxes per year) - possibly paying by the page. That's when I came across eFax - which I thought had some decent reviews. It did indicate that there was a free Trial - so what did I have to lose. Well, so I picked out a fax number (which I didn't really need given that I just wanted to send a few pages - but oh well). Then it asked me for my billing address and credit card - a little concern there - but ok it is free trial and you take the risk that they will bill you if you don't cancel on time (been there done that - so ok). There is no obvious mentioning of the fees or service package at this time unless you specifically look/click for them (I didn't as I thought that I was signing up for the free trial).

But then to my consternation the message that the account is active to receive fax and I signed up for a USD 16 per month package. I contacted customer service per chat a few minutes later - after which they asked my for my last 4 digits of my credit card to validate the account before they could do anything (I did already specify at that time that I wanted to cancel/not have any subscription). Thereafter I was told that the account/subscription was active and billed. However, of course I could cancel effective immediately or at the end of subscription period.

I said immediately and that was done - just then to be told that I still being billed USD 26 (USD 10 for activation and USD 16 for the subscription). In fact it was clarified then that the cost would have been exactly the same if I had canceled at the end of the month and I would have gotten at least some service (the agent didn't mention that at all). So I got charged USD 26 for exactly nothing - having an account active for 1hr without any message traffic. Asking why I didn't get the free trial - I was told that I hadn't picked it and that given that I had now closed the account it was too late anyway to fix my selection. So far as I am concerned this is specifically deceptive advertising - first lure a possible customer by promise of a free trial, then setting up the sign-up process in a way to make it easy to overlook where to pick the free trial and specifically not summarize the cost being incurred until after the order had been placed.

The only comment I got from the agent was that all the details are in the service agreement (like no refunds) and it was my own fault that I hadn't specifically reviewed the billing conditions. Maybe I made a mistake - but shouldn't a company help their customer not to make such mistakes? The ones that use this as a way to make profit are in the end scammers in my book. Very very disappointed.

eFax response

Hello Frank, we would be happy to assist you in regards to this matter. Please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details in order for us to further review your account! ^RA

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Cancelled service because I didn't use it or like it and they continued to bill me anyway! I called in a second time to cancel again and they wouldn't give me a refund for the charges!! Do not use them.

eFax response

Hello Tina, this is not the experience that we wish you to have. Our services will auto-renew unless canceled online or with a live agent. More information is available here: https://www.efax.com/cancel Please message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to review your account! ^RA

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

When canceling during the free trial, make sure to save the confirmation number. They won’t have any record that you canceled and will ask for it if you message to correct the issue. They’ll also say that you could provide the cancellation email, but they don’t send one out- at all. Even after I canceled and confirmed with a customer service representative, I never received a cancellation confirmation email. User beware.

eFax response

Hello A. All of our agent interactions are logged on registered accounts when applicable. Should you require more information, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to review your account.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

Rip-off - no cancel allowed online without going through an agent, no billing notice, no cancel processing, and no refunds for future periods. Just cancelled with eFax, a Ring Central brand. Service works ok when needed; I haven't used in almost 2 years. Last December the renewal increased to $50/year minimum, so in January when I got credit card bill I cancelled online. Then, I was looking at my CC account online yesterday, I saw that another $50 charge came through for 12/10/21-12/9/22. I went to eFax site, logged in, saw it was active, hit "cancel" button and the web response was "this account may not be cancelled online, you must either call or start live chat."

I initiated a chat. After back and forth on what I wanted (cancel and refund of recent charge), the agent asked me to provide proof that I had cancelled last year. Without this, they would not credit the $50 or even $48 for remaining 50 weeks. I searched my email, nothing from eFax in over a year. No cancel notice form last year, no billing notices in any of recent years. I mentioned I would put dispute on CC charge on my account, and post unfavorable reviews online and with Consumer Agencies - it didn't matter.

Over the last 3 years, the account that I signed up for a free trial (at the time $15/year) has cost me $115 and I have sent two faxes of a couple pages each, last in 2020. Even now, I have no confirmation email, but I made sure to save the chat record. Consumers shouldn't have to worry about things like this, but I fully expect a charge next year from this unethical outfit. It's a shame, as the product itself, while overpriced for me, works fine. I wonder how they stay in business if they need to bilk the consumer this way.

eFax response

Hello Tom, this is not the experience that we wish you to have. Our services will auto-renew unless you have canceled your monthly subscription online or if you have requested to have your account closed with our live agents if you have an annual plan or have a balance owing on the account. We would be happy to review your account. Please message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Thought a fax number would be of use for the company so I used EFAX as they seemed to be the biggest company for this service. Used it once and only once because it didn't work. It said the transmission was successful on EFax but my customer did not receive the information, and the information was accurate after rechecked to be sure. I wanted to cancel the service so I did it online. That didn't work as I kept getting charged so I had to call. The person on the call was great however, I could hardly hear them and having to repeat themselves over and over again. This whole system just didn't work for me, from beginning til the end. *Just ask people to use scanners and email, less paper and more reliable!

eFax response

Hello Ashley, this is not the experience that we wish you to have. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist you into troubleshooting your account. Thank you. ^RA

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I feel completely scammed by this company after signing up for a free trial that ended-up charging my credit card $16.95 for months until I realized. Customer service refused to rectify the situation in any way, shape or form and basically abruptly ended the chat I was on when I started asking more detailed questions about “my account” and how this could have happened. When I inquired about how many faxes were actually sent throughout my “subscription,” I was told that 1 fax had been sent (by me) and that the account had received an astounding 167 inbound faxes which was complete news to me. In other words what that really means is that my “account” had received 167 SPAM faxes during that period and that not one was legit.

When I expressed my utter disbelief and disgust with this I was told that eFax is not responsible for any spam that may or may not be sent and was sent a link explaining the company’s legal liabilities (or lack there-of) regarding any and all spam sent and that’s when the chat ended abruptly. They refused any sort of refund, compensation or willingness to rectify the situation. In all, I was charged over $200 for a service that I used once during the free trial period. In my opinion this is a complete scam. eFax uses extremely shady business practices to rip people off for as much as they possibly can. Not to mention they must sell all of their fax numbers to the third parties sending the massive amount of spam in the first place.

This company is absolutely awful and should be sued via class-action lawsuit (in my opinion). My advice is to steer clear of this company no matter what. Don’t fall for the free trial “promotion” as I did as well as many many others have apparently. Basically when all said and done, it cost me over $200 to send 1 fax!! What a freaking joke. They should not be able to get away with ripping people off, especially to this extent. It is unethical and just plain wrong on so many levels! Obviously I’m furious. Simply put, eFax is no bueno. Do not make the same mistake I did!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I completed the subscription form, but then changed my mind about subscribing immediately (because of conditions that were disclosed only at the end of the process). I never used the service. I wrote to them the same day, and several times after that, to request closure of the account and a refund. They closed the account after several months and never refunded the 13.20 that I paid for nothing. These policies are not up to normal business standards. I would avoid this company in the future.

eFax response

Hello Douglas. This is not the experience that we wish you to have. We would be happy to help you in regards to your inquiry. Please message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist! Thank you, ^RA

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

This company advertises their data sheets for their eFax security https://go.efaxcorporate.com/online-fax-to-email-for-business?leadSource=Search&leadType=Adwords&sourceURL=Google&campaign=14184251189&nw=g&geo=21143&device=c&adgroup=125770787499&kk=efax%20corporate&mt=p&pos=&place=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7MGJBhD-ARIsAMZ0eetpHLNBPKvQAbXfx3llhg5Rul3Z3LJtE8sWefwutOMrCCQaCtvk3wkaAueDEALw_wcB.

The levels of security is the same for efax Corporate and Consensus. Our system was working fine. They changed our service without consent to Consensus. We were held hostage. Our business was held up for 3 day with phone call after phone call only to be told to email this person or that person. No one would help us. We even tried call J2 Global. This company is a scam. The only way we could get our faxes back was to open a new account, pay more with less service. We were talked down to as if we couldn't understand IT terminology. They will not release the fax number so they can keep ripping off their customers. Please look to another service and save yourself the headache and money.

eFax response

Hello Vanth, this is not the experience that we wish you to have with our sister company eFax Corporate. Please message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to review your inquiry with our sister company. Thank you, ^RA

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I call for a billing problem and I speak currently french because I come from Québec (Canada) and I have problem to understand people who speak faster in english. The first customer prepose have a bad accent and speak very fast and after I ask him to speak slowly, he prefer to transfer me to an other customer preposee.

Marie, the customer preposee, answered to my problem of overbilling because my cancellation online a month ago did worked. I ask her to speak slowly because I speak currently french but have difficulty to understand english when people speak fast. She offer me to do directly my cancellation online an offer me the opportunity to have free fax service until the 25th of September. She was really kind and mentioned me that she have a french name 'Marie', but don't speak this language. She take the time to explain me the offer and she was empathetic to my situation. Really good personalized service. Thanks Marie!

eFax response

We are glad to hear you had such a great experience, Christine! We will be sure to let Marie know about your wonderful feedback, and if you need any further assistance, please let us know at socialsupport@efax.com ^JW

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I cancelled my service in 2019 (see partial chat thread below to validate). They charged my card in 2020 but unfortunately I did not notice it. They charged again in 2021 and I noticed it. On 7/28/21 I spoke to Eda reference # **. She followed up via email on 7/27/21 (see below) saying they couldn't find any record of my account and to dispute the charge. I disputed the charge with AmEx and AmEx responded by saying efax / J2 denied my account was cancelled. I suggest not using their service because if you ever need to cancel you may find yourself in a bind. They owe me $169.50 from 2020 (too late to dispute charge) and $169.50 for 2021.

email from Eda at efax 7/27/21.... "We apologized for the inconvenience but, we can't locate an account using all the given information. Also asked the higher support team, and they cannot locate an account with the charges of $169.50. They advised calling the bank to dispute the charges. The reference number for this email is **." 10/7/19 chat thread to cancel. Mark **: "How long before it is cancelled?" Joey **: "Your account is cancelled and you will receive the email shortly."

eFax response

Hello Mark, this is not the experience that we wish you to have. Please message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to review your account. Thank you, ^RA

Resolution response: Aug. 17, 2021

Upd. Someone reached out to me with confirmation of the cancelled account. Resolved.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Tried this service once, but then I could not access my account, login does not work, the password won't reset, and generally rejects any attempts to get past the login. This is scary, considering they have my PII and credit card information and permission to charge. I decided to cancel it, so I called and, surprisingly, my call was answered quickly by a human, and a very professional rep, who promptly took care of my request to cancel my account. However, I have not received a confirmation of cancellation, and generally feel this request has never reached a resolution, especially considering numerous reviews I've seen here from customers unable to get their subscriptions canceled. I also tried online support, but no reply there.

So, what do we have here? A subscription service that scams you into signing up with your credit card info, which then locks you out of your account and disables you from accessing or cancelling your account. If you happened to transmit any faxes, you can't even access those records. Have I mentioned they have your credit card info and can pretty much do whatever they want with it and you can't stop them? Class action, anyone?

eFax response

Hello Anna. We would be happy to look into this matter for you. Please message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist!

-RA

eFax Support Team

Original review: July 8, 2021

We started out using Efax services as an individual account. Then we migrated to a corporate account. Efax failed to merge the two account and kept billing us for both accounts monthly. When we contacted Efax, they said we were supposed to send a specific email instructing them to cancel the individual account; although we told them this verbally while setting up the account. So, we sent the email confirming we wanted to cancel the individual account. Guess what? They still billed us for both monthly for subsequent months.

When we requested a refund of the months billed, they only refunded one month and ignored our request to refund the other month; Even though the request was made way ahead of the billing cycle. NO ONE acknowledged receipt of our email requesting the refund, but when we were signing up they were diligent in making themselves available. When we requested they cancel our corporate account due to improper billing, they did so immediately, never asking what the problem was. STAY AWAY from Efax. Do not enroll in automatic payment. Do not even give them your payment information. If you've been with them for a while, please check your past invoices and payments very carefully. This has been a nightmare. I wish I'd read the reviews before signing up with them.

Hi Carmel

Many thanks for your review. We are sorry to read of your difficulties but believe these should be easily fixed. If you could reply to the private message with your eFax number (s) we will look into this matter right away.

eFax Support Team

Original review: July 2, 2021

They will charge you even if you cancel, then the website doesn't give you the ability to cancel your account (as their email reply tells you to do), so getting your refund is almost impossible without filing an unauthorized charge claim with your credit company. Unless you need a year's worth of faxing, don't sign up for this company. They are NOT transparent regarding their cancellation policies, and they DO NOT make it easy to reach someone for assistance....and even if you do, they do all they can to keep your money and not return it if you want to cancel AND get a refund! July 1, 2021.

Hi Tonja

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of your personal experience. If you could email our social support team they will investigate this and assist you further, they can be reached at the following email socialsupport@efax.com.

eFax Support Team

Original review: June 22, 2021

I signed up for the 2 week free trial on my iPhone and was immediately charged. When I contacted customer service they said I couldn't do anything since apple billed me. I said how is this possible and I was told that the 2 week free trial only works if you sign-up online, yet the app even said there was a two week free trial. This is insanely shady to not find a way to refund and absolutely unbelievable that the app doesn't automatically wait 14 days to charge. Very shady and unethical company.

Hi Tyler

Resolution response: March 1, 2022

This should never have happened.

Original review: May 29, 2021

Updated on 06/01/2021: I tried to cancel a free trial on the website but the link under the billing tab did not exist in my account. They have no phone number listed and chat service was unavailable each time I checked. I contacted efax several times via email to cancel a free trial, which they refused. Following my multiple requests to cancel the free trial, they charged my credit card. My free trial stated it would end and the service works be $9.99/month. They charged me $14.59.

I placed a review on Consumer Affairs and they responded within 36 hours with a request to email them at a different email address. I did so, explaining the issue, and they continue to blatantly refuse to cancel the account, claiming they can’t verify me despite providing them all the information related to the account, and also refuse to issue a refund for the unauthorized charge.

Original review: I signed up for a free trial with efax and promptly canceled the free trial. I tried to cancel online but the option didn’t exist as indicated in their FAQs. I emailed the company 3 times requesting that the trial be canceled and they refused after each email to cancel the free trial. The company proceeded to charge my account for the membership following my multiple requests to cancel the free trial.

Hi Skye

eFax Support Team

Original review: May 27, 2021

I took a free trial of eFax in February and tried to cancel it many times but there was no option to cancel the subscription. Also, there is no way to remove the credit card details also. It has been billing me every month for the service. I have mailed them many times but getting no response. On calling them they disconnect the calls. It's a scam! Beware.

Hi Jyoti

eFax Support Team

Original review: May 5, 2021

The option to cancel and stop being billed is not available on the site. When logging a ticket I only get an automated response with the same instructions. When trying online chat, I also just get a bot with the same useless information. I have been billed for another month with no action from the company side to cancel. I do not understand how companies like these are still allowed to handle credit card information.

Hi Jacobus

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of personal experience cancelling. If you'd like to email socialsupport@efax.com we will be more than happy to assist you ASAP and arrange any refund needed and applicable.

eFax Support Team

Original review: May 4, 2021

It's impossible to cancel your subscription. On the website they say you have to chat with a representative, and then the representative says you have to go on the website. Then, they simply ignore your messages and stop answering. I definitely do not recommend eFax.

Hi Arthur

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of personal experience cancelling. If you'd like to email socialsupport@efax.com we will be more than happy to assist you ASAP amd sort things out for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 18, 2021

Please be careful when you use this service. Easy to signup. Difficult to cancel the account!!! Especially if you are an international customer. The option to cancel your account is not available to you and you will spend a non-trivial amount of time canceling your account. Hope these guys get their act together.

Hi Ido

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of personal experience cancelling. If you'd like to email socialsupport@efax.com we will be more than happy to assist you ASAP.

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 12, 2021

Please be careful when you use this service. Easy to signup. Difficult to cancel the account. Especially if you are an international customer. The option to cancel your account is not available to you and you will spend a non-trivial amount of time cancelling your account. Hope these guys get their act together.

Hi Vikram

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear you are having challenges cancelling we will be happy to assist and get things sorted for you. If you could reply to our private message with some details we will get this sorted for you easily.

eFax Support Team

Original review: March 23, 2021

Run away! Do not waste your time and hard earned money. I recently discovered that eFax is a scam. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way and too late to remedy anything. Many years ago I used the service and from what I can recall it was not a negative experience. Most recently I was in the middle of a 14 day free trial which included up to 150 pages and after the fact, I learned that it allows for 60 seconds per page. I was billed additional charges $10 x 2 on my credit card from the onset of my “Free Trial”. I assumed they were just pre-authorizations… not the case after all.

After repeated calls to customer service (outsourced overseas) and several convenient disconnections I was finally connected to a supervisor who explained that I was charged for time. I only faxed 130 pages….well within the allotted amount. However the rep told me it took 59 minutes to fax 21 pages to account for one leg of the fax job and some astronomical number (amount of time elapsed) covering the fax job in total…. time well beyond the 60 second/page window. Time should not be the burden of the sender… It’s out of our control. This policy should have been clearly stated prior to sign-up. The service as a whole is unclear and somewhat wonky. The tracking and so forth are something left to be desired as well. I would strongly advise against eFax. I do not recommend.

Hi Rob

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of your unhappiness, we would be more than happy to review and look into your faxing to see what has happened. If there has been an error of course we are more than happy to rectify this and would like the opportunity to work with you to try help resolve this matter. If you could email socialsupport@efax.com with some more details, our social support team will investigate further.

eFax Company Information