Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.74/5

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

Unsubscribe at any time.

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Hi, I’m using their « trial » subscription and I want to cancel the service because they will charge me at the end of the trial if I don’t. They say there is a way to do it in our account/billing section but it’s not true. I sent an email but they never answered. Finally I tried to call them but I never succeed to talk with someone.

Hi David

Thanks for your review and sorry to hear of your personal issue cancelling as the process should be easy. To cancel online, log into your account, click on the billing tab and then scroll down to next payment date, beside this you will see "Cancel My Account" where you will be able to cancel your account. If you'd like to reply to the private message we'll send you with your details we can also look into this for you too.

Many thank

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Signed up for account using free trial link (14/7 days, no 10$ activation fee), was charged immediately on my credit card for $26.95. Tried to cancel using online Billing -> Cancel, but got error messages (tried on 3 different computers, different browsers). Not sure if this feature is something that works for everyone -- maybe someone has had success using the online cancel? Called customer service, on hold for 20 min. Tried online chat, got connected to sales after waiting, sales person didn't respond to chat for several minutes, told me I had to get to Customer Service Chat for cancellation, had to wait 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, phone agent got my info, cancelled my account, and sent me confirmation email (which was pretty quick -- kudos to Brook). Email said the refund would have to go through approval, which was weird, since this was supposed to be a free trial. The chat agent informed me that I did not go through the free trial link, hence the $26.95 charge, but that's weird, because that's how I got to the sign-up page.

All in all, not a very good experience. Got the feeling the company is being sneaky. I tried out the "free" service thinking it would be a good low risk trial, but as a lot of unscrupulous companies do, they make the cancelling not transparent and not easy. I would really like to believe this is all an innocent happenstance, and that my $$ would be refunded without delay or issues. The usage and interface, although a bit clunky, are fine for basic use, but the sales tactics have left a bit of a bad taste.

Hi Joseph

Thanks for your review, cancellation should be very easy with the self serve cancel via the online account but as you mention you encountered an error when doing this which we'd like to look into. Much thanks for your patience trying to get through also, we'll look into the wait times and your experience. In the mean however if you'd like to let us know your eFax number via the private message we'll send, we will take care of this right away for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I have been using this service for a few years and it made my life much easier I can say. The support team is amazing, gives you very fast resolution all the time and they are all so professional and patient. I would definitely recommend eFax. It really works.

Hi Maria

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and feedback, we're delighted to read you have been with us for years and have had such a good experience and like the service. If you ever need anything in the future, please do let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I opened an account with this company last month. Without notice it was suspended and they took my money out of my bank account without providing the service I signed up for. I called Customer support who told me that if I wanted to reactivate my account, I would have to provide them a copy of my bank statement along with a copy of my debit card. Reference numbers ** and **. This is not an ethical company. Do not use.

Hi Ena

Many thanks for your review, if you could reply to the private message we will send you and let us know your eFax number we will be able to locate your account and understand better what has happened with your account and be able to better explain why and we'll do all we can to help you resolve this.

Resolution response: Sept. 10, 2020

Finally spoke with Sales Manager and we worked out a resolution. Still not happy with Sales Rep that painted a picture that was different than what was delivered. Overall I’ve invested too much time to switch companies at this time. Time will tell.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

My experience with the sales rep prior to signing up for eFax for my company was very good. After I signed up sales evaporated into my rear view mirror. I was told while I was waiting for my fax number to be ported over that a temp line would be provided for free. This was not the case, there were line charges, admin charges, etc. on my bill and when my number was ported over there were more charges to move the line. I spoke with billing and was referred back to sales. I contacted my sales rep and her manager twice two weeks apart giving them time to respond. Still nothing and cringing while I wait to see my next bill. I do have to say tech support is excellent, but that's where it ends. As highly rated as this company is, they do not live up to their reviews. I will be looking for another company that values their customers.

Hi Ian

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear about sales not meeting your expectations and the issues porting in, this sounds out of the norm and very strange regarding the billing, if you would like to reply to the private message we will send you with your temp eFax number we will be able to look into this matter for you right away and ensure any charges are refunded ASAP. Much thanks for your patience and understanding, we will get you sorted.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I signed up for a "free trial", unfortunately gave them my credit card number. When I contacted them to decline service, they would not let me cancel. They never sent one fax for me. They billed my credit card for $213.00 for this "free trial. I could not cancel the account. I was able to cancel the bank debit so they could no longer debit my account. I talked to Patrick ** on 2/12/20 - he said that he would give me credit but instead, I was billed for another month at $149.90. I called them back again and they assured me that they would credit my account. Never heard from them again until today, received a notice from a collection agency for the $149.90. These people are crooks - do not deal with them. I went to a competitor - GOLD FAX. Could not be happier!!! If you are looking for a fax service call them.

** Updated Reply **

Hi Robert

Thanks for your review. We were very sorry to read of your experience and wanted to reach out to assist you further. Since you first posted we’ve tried to reach out via private message to obtain some more details to help us locate your account but unfortunately we’ve not had a response back. If your issue is still outstanding please email socialsupport@efax.com and we’ll look into this ASAP.

Many thank

eFax Support Team

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Signed up a few days ago to send some faxes and worked perfectly, Bella on chat was a great help and tried to convince me to stay but unfortunately I no longer need the service! If things change however I would definitely come back in the future if I need it again.

Hi John

Thanks a million for your review, we are delighted you liked the service and that Bella was able to help you on chat the other day. Should your faxing needs change in the future we would be absolutely delighted to see you back.

eFax Support Team

Original review: June 24, 2020

I recently signed up for the free trial and was unimpressed with their online interface. The website is clunky and confusing. When I cancelled my account online before the trial ended, I had to click through several confusing pages confirming the cancellation and was supposed to receive an email confirmation of cancellation within 24 hours. I would think they would be able to send a confirmation right away like other online companies. I never received that confirmation, instead I was charged for another month.

I called them and the agent said that without the email reference code, there was no record of cancellation. How am I supposed to provide an email reference code if I never received a confirmation? I proceeded to click through to cancel again and asked if he could see that I cancelled. He could not. It appears that their online account settings are dysfunctional and the only way to change your account is to call. They do not provide this information. I really hope that my account has been deleted, because this company seems to me to be a scam.

Hi Kayla

Many thanks for your review, we would love to look into this further and assist you if not already resolved. We have reached a couple of times privately but not yet heard back to date as of yet. Should your query still be outstanding please do be so kind to provide us with your eFax number that was asssigned to you and we will investigate this and get back to you ASAP.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I signed up for free trial earlier this year. Efax has taken numerous amounts of money weekly. I have emailed no reply and daemon replies. The 0800 nz ph is disconnected. Almost $200 has been taken and no contact been received. I have proof. Sent proof. Not impressed. Unhappy customer. I want a refund.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Hi gang, So just a heads up on eFax. I cancelled my account yesterday (6/10) and I found out something pretty ridiculous today (6/11). If you cancel your account and have remaining pre-paid dollars on your account you have to call in after you cancel to get a refund. eFax will not automatically refund you the difference. So if you dropped $50 dollars in your account, used $10 of it and then cancelled your account they would keep that $40 unless you raise a stink about it. Because of this specific thing I won't be using this organization again and I will ACTIVELY inform colleagues, friends, associates, strangers etc. of this practice. I have a feeling that since the minimum is $10 bucks most people likely use 4 to 5 dollars of that and just leave the rest because it isn't worth dealing with. That is what happened to me. I realize it is a small amount of money but to not automatically refund the difference is... well... revolting.

Hi Brandon

We are just reaching out again to see if we can help, if you could send us your details we'll investigate this for you.

eFax Company Information