3.9/5 (461 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About eFax

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

We are using eFax services for more than 5 years now - it's quite easy to use and very helpful. Contacted efax today for some minor changes. John was very helpful and easy to communicate with. highly recommended!

Hi Prabha

Thank so much for your wonderful review, we very much appreciate it and are even happier that you like the service and had such a great experience with John today.

We will be sure to let John know your feedback as he will be over the moon to know he helped and how happy you were.

If we can ever be of assistance in the future please do let us know, we'll be happy to help.

Much thanks

eFax Support Team

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I signed up for the two week free trial but then was billed $179 the same day. I sent an email to eFax straight away but never received a response. I then tried reaching out through chat and the representative Brian C. disconnected the chat 3 different times after I explained the situation. I then tried calling the number posted on their website and was put on hold for over an hour and then I finally hung up. There is clearly something shady going on with this company if they are so deliberately evading their customers. I strongly recommend not giving this company any of your financial info!!

Hi Stella

Thanks for your review, this sounds very strange and of out the norm to be charged this amount. By the sounds of things it sounds like an annual subscription charge vs the trial, this is most definitely something we'd like to invesitgate & assist you on further. If you could reply to the private message we will send you with some details we will look into this and sort things out for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I signed up to eFax in 2010. In 2011 I received an email from eFax sales that stated that my account had become inactive and that it will be closed. I replied to that email and advised that I wanted it closed and provided the account number and account details. Now in 2020 (9 years later), I have discovered that they have been debiting my credit card ever since!! I have tried contacting customer services who are a nightmare to reach via chat and was told after waiting around an hour that I need to contact EU customer support as I’m based in U.K.

I called and again after a long wait, I got through and was advised to send my evidence via email that I had closed my account in 2011 which I did (all emails are saved). And then I received a negative response that nothing can be done, I replied and advised that I had provided proof of cancellation their reply was that to settle this amicably they would offer me 4 months refund!!! As a gestured goodwill... So I’ve been paying for a service that I canceled in 2011, charged for the next 108 months and they expect me to accept 4 months refund as an amicable solution? Pls. do not make the mistake of signing up to this service, they claim to offer excellent customer service but when it comes down to it they will try to wriggle out of their responsibilities to their customers!

Hi Matthew

Thanks for your review, we are aware of your case and can see you have been corresponding with our EU complaints team regarding your dispute already. Our EU complaints team will continue to work with you and answer any questions you may have and do all they can to assist you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I am just astonished that a company the size of eFax doesn't jump on things when they have made an error. EFax had us increase to a corporate package, to save money. Instead, we were then billed improperly many, many months ago. We brought this up to eFax. They looked into it and even acknowledged the error. Yet, not only has it not been correct, and no credit applied, and no accounting of all monies paid presented as we had requested, but they continued to auto-pay even when we removed permission from them to auto deduct their bill until this was all credited and the accounting confirmed. As the President of the Company, after a staffer had been trying by email and phone over and over, I personally emailed them asking for someone from management to contact me. Not a single email. Not a single phone call. EFax is truly disappointing and I would suggest if a corporate member you find an alternative company to use.

Hi Michael

Thanks for your review, we are very sorry to read about your experience and hope we can help get you answers and bring resolution to your dispute. If you could reply to the private message we will send you we will have this investigated ASAP for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

One word review of eFax = Avoid. Ok, before you sign up for eFax, please take a moment to understand their billing and cancellation policies in detail. [https://www.efax.com/legal#11] It appears that eFax has figured out the legal mambo jumbo to trap unsuspecting customers.

1. The company eFax is not fully transparent about their advance billing policies.
2. The company eFax is not fully transparent about policies relating to pro-rating charges.
3. The company eFax has designed their site and menus in a way to make it difficult for customers to cancel.

4. The company eFax has made it a cumbersome process to cancel their service.

> Do I feel cheated by eFax - Yes
> Did eFax clearly highlight their billing policies - Absolutely No
> Will I do business with them again - Absolutely No.

> Will I encourage others? No, please "Run Away" from eFax as fast as you can.

Other alternative to eFax:

HelloFax.
OpenText RightFax Fax Server.
mFax.
XM Fax.
RingCentral Fax.
CocoFax.
Nextiva vFax.

OfficeSuite

Hi C

Thanks for your review. Could we ask that you email socialsupport@efax.com with some more details so we can review your issue further and look to answer or resolve anything needing to resolved.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I had an E-Fax account for years. I retired in 2006 and didn't/don't need to receive or send faxes so I cancelled the account. During my working years I downloaded and saved a number of documents received through EFax and they are stored in the .efax format. I can NOT now open these documents. I have downloaded the current EFax software in an attempt to open them but every time I try I am required to open a NEW EFax account and of course PAY FOR IT. An online chat today confirmed that I have to have a CURRENT EFax account to open old documents.

Hi Charles

Thanks for your review, if you had your eFaxes set to be in .efx the eFax messenger program will be needed to open them along with login details. We are confident we should be able to assist you here however, and if it means granting a free account for a temp period of time to allow you to access these we're happy to assist. Could you email our social support team at socialsupport@efax.com and they'll assist you further.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I have sent a single fax with them back in December. I don't use fax on a day to day basis, I only needed to send one page to bring my minor daughter back home after a funeral. Since I don't need it, I cancelled (or so I thought) right away. In April I noticed my account was billed by them and I immediately tried to phone them and cancel. I got no answer at all, no available chat, no one answering the phone, no response to my emails. Same story every month. They have now billed me 118£ for a single page of fax and I can't reach them to get my money back and stop these payments. They are crooks and don't care about their customers at all! I've never been treated so unfairly.

Updated Resolution Reply 11/18/20

Hi Roxana

Quick follow up, we have taken your information on face value as explained in our follow ups with you and have arranged for a full refund of all of the charges for you to date. We hope this shows you that we do care and treat our customers fairly. We do wish you the very best for the future and if there is anything further we can assist you on please do feel free to let us know.

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2020

Refund received. The prompt resolution by “social support” was appreciated. However, given my personal experience and those of several others, I wouldn’t recommend the company. I, simply, can’t bring myself to advocate their carelessness and malpractice.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I opted for the free subscription, but the service didn’t work. I tried calling the customer care number for cancellation, but my calls were never answered. Eventually, I used the “virtual phone chat” service and asked a customer care executive to have the service cancelled (weeks before the deadline). They said the account was cancelled, effective immediately. Even my fax number was deleted. However, they secretly stored my card details and charged me today.

Hi R

Thanks for your review and feedback, this is something we most definitely would like to investigate and look into for you further. If you could reply to the private message we will send you we'll look into this ASAP for you to find out what did or did not happen and refund where applicable.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Great service, the online account is super easy to use, plus, you can send faxes via email! I would definitely recommend if you are looking to send secure fax quick. Very very happy with this service.

Hi Nieves

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate your feedback and are even happier to read that you like the service and found it super easy to use. Should you ever need anything in the future please do feel free to let us know and we'll be delighted to help, much thanks in advance for any future recommendations also.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

The customer service team is always there to help with any query on the product. They are very quick at resolving any queries related to sending, receiving or account management. Keep up the good work!

Hi Dominic

Thanks a million for your review, much appreciated. We are so happy to read you like the service and are delighted that the team have always been there to help you and been quick resolving your queries. Thanks for your kind words and we will indeed keep up the good work. If you do need anything in the future please do feel free to let us know and we'll be delighted to assist.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Awesome. What an experience from the EFax corporate team, pleasant, knowledgeable, have all the answers, offered to follow up, upbeat, talked about the portal, gave accurate instructions. Explained all the advantages.

Hi Kevin

Thanks so much for your kind and positive feedback about the eFax Corporate Team, we'll be sure to pass on your kind comments and feedback to them. If you ever need anything in the future please do feel free to let us know and we will be more than happy to assist.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Last week I called the UK customer support line with a problem - we could not reach EU numbers. eFax representative John B. was pleasant to deal with, he managed to identify the underlying issue and came up with a solution - worked like a charm. Thank you!

Hi Jaroslav

Wonderful feedback, thanks so much for your review and taking the time out of your day to let us know how great your interaction and support from John B was the other day. We are delighted John was there to help and that he managed to identify the underlying issue and came up with a solution that worked like a charm for you.

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2020

After placing a review eFax did contact me and refunded all of the fees I'd been charged. I am still giving a 1 star rating, as I remain disappointed that it took months to get a resolution, and that it was only resolved when I wrote a public review.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I signed up to their free trial over a year ago. Ever since then I have been trying to cancel. You cannot cancel via their website. I have sent many emails that have gone unanswered except to say I need to call to cancel. When I call to cancel I always get voicemail. They have taken over $200 from my account!

Hi Gemma

Thanks for your review and sorry to hear of your personal challenges trying to cancel which we would be happy to assist you with here. If you can reply to the private message we will send you we will investigate and look into this right away for you

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I have completely had it with this company. I have called several times to cancel my subscription and an agent never comes to the phone. The website tells you there is a cancel option which is a lie. They also tell you that you can reach them by chat in which again, no option. I was billed yet another 16.95 and have been trying to cancel for over a month. If I do not receive a refund I will report them to every review site I can find for fraud. This is ridiculous that people have to jump through hoops like this. Terrible Company!!!!

Hi Kristen

Thanks for your review and sorry to hear of your personal challenges trying to cancel which we would be happy to assist you with here. If you can reply to the private message we will send you we will look into this right away.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Big thanks to both eFAX and Ereceptionist for the brilliant service, I got both fax and telephone line services setup in no time. Awesome people both sales and customer service team. #I would gladly recommend their services. Does exactly what it says on the tin!

Hi Michael

Much thanks for your review, we are over the moon that you like the service and got setup in no time as well as getting such great service from both our sales and service teams. We'll be sure to share your positive feedback with them and let them know how happy your experience has been. If we can assist you in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Signed up for services that included a 30 day trial, and immediately realized it was far too expensive for our needs. Despite an immediate assurance from our sales rep, services were not immediately cancelled, and this led to emails with two departments, each saying they could not help us. We told our sales rep the same DAY that we wished to cancel. This seems to be well within a 30 day trial period. We disputed charges with our credit card company and ended up having eFax sticking us with over $125 of charges for no services provided. We continued to receive billings through the summer despite assurances of cancellation back to Feb/March. Email replies bring zero responses. To this date, we are still out the money, despite never having used any services. No customer satisfaction here, find a company with CUSTOMER service.

Hi A

Thanks for your review and feedback, this is something we would most definitely like to investigate and look into for you further. If you could reply to the private message we will send you we'll look into this ASAP for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I’ve tried several times to reach the customer support from Israel. There is only an email address. Never got any answer, I plan to file a legal action if my account isn’t cancel. That’s insane and illegal.

Hi Beni

Thank you for your review, if you'd like to let us know your eFax number we can look into this matter for you further and look to assist you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Hi, I’m using their « trial » subscription and I want to cancel the service because they will charge me at the end of the trial if I don’t. They say there is a way to do it in our account/billing section but it’s not true. I sent an email but they never answered. Finally I tried to call them but I never succeed to talk with someone.

Hi David

Thanks for your review and sorry to hear of your personal issue cancelling as the process should be easy. To cancel online, log into your account, click on the billing tab and then scroll down to next payment date, beside this you will see "Cancel My Account" where you will be able to cancel your account. If you'd like to reply to the private message we'll send you with your details we can also look into this for you too.

Many thank

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Signed up for account using free trial link (14/7 days, no 10$ activation fee), was charged immediately on my credit card for $26.95. Tried to cancel using online Billing -> Cancel, but got error messages (tried on 3 different computers, different browsers). Not sure if this feature is something that works for everyone -- maybe someone has had success using the online cancel? Called customer service, on hold for 20 min. Tried online chat, got connected to sales after waiting, sales person didn't respond to chat for several minutes, told me I had to get to Customer Service Chat for cancellation, had to wait 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, phone agent got my info, cancelled my account, and sent me confirmation email (which was pretty quick -- kudos to Brook). Email said the refund would have to go through approval, which was weird, since this was supposed to be a free trial. The chat agent informed me that I did not go through the free trial link, hence the $26.95 charge, but that's weird, because that's how I got to the sign-up page.

All in all, not a very good experience. Got the feeling the company is being sneaky. I tried out the "free" service thinking it would be a good low risk trial, but as a lot of unscrupulous companies do, they make the cancelling not transparent and not easy. I would really like to believe this is all an innocent happenstance, and that my $$ would be refunded without delay or issues. The usage and interface, although a bit clunky, are fine for basic use, but the sales tactics have left a bit of a bad taste.

Hi Joseph

Thanks for your review, cancellation should be very easy with the self serve cancel via the online account but as you mention you encountered an error when doing this which we'd like to look into. Much thanks for your patience trying to get through also, we'll look into the wait times and your experience. In the mean however if you'd like to let us know your eFax number via the private message we'll send, we will take care of this right away for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I have been using this service for a few years and it made my life much easier I can say. The support team is amazing, gives you very fast resolution all the time and they are all so professional and patient. I would definitely recommend eFax. It really works.

Hi Maria

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and feedback, we're delighted to read you have been with us for years and have had such a good experience and like the service. If you ever need anything in the future, please do let us know and we'll be happy to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I opened an account with this company last month. Without notice it was suspended and they took my money out of my bank account without providing the service I signed up for. I called Customer support who told me that if I wanted to reactivate my account, I would have to provide them a copy of my bank statement along with a copy of my debit card. Reference numbers ** and **. This is not an ethical company. Do not use.

Hi Ena

Many thanks for your review, if you could reply to the private message we will send you and let us know your eFax number we will be able to locate your account and understand better what has happened with your account and be able to better explain why and we'll do all we can to help you resolve this.

Resolution response: Sept. 10, 2020

Finally spoke with Sales Manager and we worked out a resolution. Still not happy with Sales Rep that painted a picture that was different than what was delivered. Overall I’ve invested too much time to switch companies at this time. Time will tell.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

My experience with the sales rep prior to signing up for eFax for my company was very good. After I signed up sales evaporated into my rear view mirror. I was told while I was waiting for my fax number to be ported over that a temp line would be provided for free. This was not the case, there were line charges, admin charges, etc. on my bill and when my number was ported over there were more charges to move the line. I spoke with billing and was referred back to sales. I contacted my sales rep and her manager twice two weeks apart giving them time to respond. Still nothing and cringing while I wait to see my next bill. I do have to say tech support is excellent, but that's where it ends. As highly rated as this company is, they do not live up to their reviews. I will be looking for another company that values their customers.

Hi Ian

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear about sales not meeting your expectations and the issues porting in, this sounds out of the norm and very strange regarding the billing, if you would like to reply to the private message we will send you with your temp eFax number we will be able to look into this matter for you right away and ensure any charges are refunded ASAP. Much thanks for your patience and understanding, we will get you sorted.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I signed up for a "free trial", unfortunately gave them my credit card number. When I contacted them to decline service, they would not let me cancel. They never sent one fax for me. They billed my credit card for $213.00 for this "free trial. I could not cancel the account. I was able to cancel the bank debit so they could no longer debit my account. I talked to Patrick ** on 2/12/20 - he said that he would give me credit but instead, I was billed for another month at $149.90. I called them back again and they assured me that they would credit my account. Never heard from them again until today, received a notice from a collection agency for the $149.90. These people are crooks - do not deal with them. I went to a competitor - GOLD FAX. Could not be happier!!! If you are looking for a fax service call them.

** Updated Reply **

Hi Robert

Thanks for your review. We were very sorry to read of your experience and wanted to reach out to assist you further. Since you first posted we’ve tried to reach out via private message to obtain some more details to help us locate your account but unfortunately we’ve not had a response back. If your issue is still outstanding please email socialsupport@efax.com and we’ll look into this ASAP.

Many thank

eFax Support Team

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Signed up a few days ago to send some faxes and worked perfectly, Bella on chat was a great help and tried to convince me to stay but unfortunately I no longer need the service! If things change however I would definitely come back in the future if I need it again.

Hi John

Thanks a million for your review, we are delighted you liked the service and that Bella was able to help you on chat the other day. Should your faxing needs change in the future we would be absolutely delighted to see you back.

eFax Support Team

Original review: June 24, 2020

I recently signed up for the free trial and was unimpressed with their online interface. The website is clunky and confusing. When I cancelled my account online before the trial ended, I had to click through several confusing pages confirming the cancellation and was supposed to receive an email confirmation of cancellation within 24 hours. I would think they would be able to send a confirmation right away like other online companies. I never received that confirmation, instead I was charged for another month.

I called them and the agent said that without the email reference code, there was no record of cancellation. How am I supposed to provide an email reference code if I never received a confirmation? I proceeded to click through to cancel again and asked if he could see that I cancelled. He could not. It appears that their online account settings are dysfunctional and the only way to change your account is to call. They do not provide this information. I really hope that my account has been deleted, because this company seems to me to be a scam.

Hi Kayla

Many thanks for your review, we would love to look into this further and assist you if not already resolved. We have reached a couple of times privately but not yet heard back to date as of yet. Should your query still be outstanding please do be so kind to provide us with your eFax number that was asssigned to you and we will investigate this and get back to you ASAP.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I signed up for free trial earlier this year. Efax has taken numerous amounts of money weekly. I have emailed no reply and daemon replies. The 0800 nz ph is disconnected. Almost $200 has been taken and no contact been received. I have proof. Sent proof. Not impressed. Unhappy customer. I want a refund.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Hi gang, So just a heads up on eFax. I cancelled my account yesterday (6/10) and I found out something pretty ridiculous today (6/11). If you cancel your account and have remaining pre-paid dollars on your account you have to call in after you cancel to get a refund. eFax will not automatically refund you the difference. So if you dropped $50 dollars in your account, used $10 of it and then cancelled your account they would keep that $40 unless you raise a stink about it. Because of this specific thing I won't be using this organization again and I will ACTIVELY inform colleagues, friends, associates, strangers etc. of this practice. I have a feeling that since the minimum is $10 bucks most people likely use 4 to 5 dollars of that and just leave the rest because it isn't worth dealing with. That is what happened to me. I realize it is a small amount of money but to not automatically refund the difference is... well... revolting.

Hi Brandon

We are just reaching out again to see if we can help, if you could send us your details we'll investigate this for you.

Resolution response: June 9, 2020

The resolution to this eventually happened. The length of time it took to get it resolved and the overall attitude of those that I talked with make me keep the 1 star rating. I would never do business with this company again. I also don't appreciate the customer service agents trying to sell me other products while on the phone trying to resolve this issue.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I needed to fax something to an organization and used their free trial. I uploaded my document and submitted it to send. I waited 15 min., it didn't go through. I tried again, waited, but it still didn't go through. I resent it several times, even breaking it into two smaller files in case that was the issue. It still didn't go through. Their website kept saying that I would receive a confirmation email if it went through, but I didn't receive one. This was in the morning. In the mid-afternoon I received multiple emails stating that the faxes went through (hours later) and I was now charged $50 for overages (for resending the document). I tried to get into my account, but it was suspended for some reason. I used their customer service chat option to talk with an agent, but they refused to speak to me about it. I tried the chat again and he told me that their system was down and they couldn't help me. I should try back in an hour or two.

Multiple hours later I called customer service and as soon as I mentioned a refund she said that their system was down and they couldn't help me. I sent an email to them, as I saw that some had received assistance that way. I have yet to hear back from them. I called back the next day and spent close to an hour on the phone, being passed around to four different people. They refused to give me a refund and when I mentioned that I needed to speak with someone that was in charge that could help, the fourth representative stated that I could, but that right now their system is down and so they wouldn't be able to help. Their website (which is what I used to send the faxes) was deceptive in that there was no indication that the faxes sent were "in progress." From my own experience, and from others' experience on this website and elsewhere, it seems their system conveniently goes down whenever you want a refund. This is a deceptive company.

Hi Greg

Thanks for your review, this sounds very strange, out of the norm and something we would be very inerested investigating for you. If you could let us know your eFax number via the private message we will send you we can review this and work to get you answers and a resolution.

Resolution response: June 5, 2020

Fiona from eFax contacted me and the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

Original review: June 3, 2020

They charged me $1.00 despite explicitly stating that it was a free trial. I sent about 15 pages. The "confirmation email" took about an hour, which seems like a clever way to ensure that customers try to send the fax again and can therefore be charged. When I tried to cancel my account over the chat feature, I was told to contact them in a few hours because system difficulties would not allow cancellations at this time. I contacted them again about three hours later, and a different customer service agent told me the same thing. Maybe I am being overly suspicious because of their other inconsistencies, but it seems that this is perhaps an automatic response when a customer tries to cancel an account during the free trial period.

Hi Molly

Many thanks for your review and sorry to read of your experience. If you could let us know your eFax number via the private message we will send you, we will be able to investigate and assist you further.

eFax Support Team

Original review: June 2, 2020

We have used eFax for over 10years. The service is reliable versatile and above all the customer service is fantastic. The web interface and the mobile App make it extremely flexible for work on the go.

eFax Company Information