Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.69/5

eFax Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Great service! Very helpful in what I needed to have done for my business! The call was very quick. Only took about 20 minutes out of my day! Efax is a great faxing company, makes my life 1000 times faster!! Thank you so much for everything for helping my business!

Hi Daniella

Wow, thanks for such an awesome review and your kind words. We are delighted to read you think the service is great and that we have been a great help to your business.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I called the Customer Services Department of eFax, the gentleman that answered my call was very polite and knowledgeable. His name was John **. Once I had informed him of the issue, he immediately dealt with it in a professional matter. In addition, he informed me a different service that was available to me of which I was not aware of at the time. Brilliant Customer Services. Keep up the excellent service eFax.

Hi AK

Fatastic review, thank you so much for taking the time to feedback and letting is know about your experience with John B in customer service. We are delighted John was knowledgeable, polite and dealt with your issue immediately in a professional manner.

Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out at any time or message socialsupport@efax.com and we will be happy to help.

eFax Support Team

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

The service itself works great, multiple options where you can fax from (email, app, website etc), the only catch for me is my fax volume which is low. No option to downgrade to a low plan (hence why I am giving 4 and not 5), the entry level gives 150/150 in and out, drop the zero off both if these and that's what I need, I only need about 20 a month but still need to pay same rate which is a shame. Besides my rant on cost I still need it and the value of faxes I receive are needed and worth the cost, the support staff are very nice and helpful and in my experience I've never had issues calling and getting through, emails usually answered within a few days.

Hi D.J

Thanks a million for a really great review, we genuinely appreciate the feedback and happy that you like the service. If you would like to let us know your eFax number via the private message we will send you we are sure there is a package that might be more suited and cost effective for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I signed up for a free trial. Everything went well. I needed to fax some information to my doctor. So, I did that, and on the same day, I canceled the free trial. I don't have any complaints. The faxes went through successfully, and when I wanted to cancel the trial, I chatted with customer support and they canceled the trial for me, sending me an email afterward to confirm the cancellation.

Hi Athieu

Many thanks for your review, we are delighted to read we could assist you and that everything went well. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out at any time or message our Social Team at socialsupport@efax.com and we will be happy to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I was deeply grateful to eFax's customer service representative for making it easy to obtain a refund for services I did use. I expected there would be a lot of hassle, but this was not the case. My full refund was credited to me within 48 hours of contacting them.

Hi David

We are delighted we were able to help and make things hassle free for you and are over the moon you got your refund within 48 hours of contact us. If we can ever be of assistance in the future or if you ever need us again, please do feel free to let us know. We wish you all the best for the future.

eFax Support Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

We have had multiple billing issues with Efax, we switched to the cooperate account for HIPPA reasons. I was quoted for a plan that I have now found out does not exist. I have reached out to our representative multiple times with no luck, I then went above her and reached out to both of her supervisors multiple. Still NO response. They sure are taking payments every month but cannot give me any answers or contact me back.

Hi Kirstin

Thanks for your review. We are sorry to read you of your billing issues and delay in receiving a response, if you could let us know your fax number via the private message we will send you we will investigate this ASAP and have someone reach back out to you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

This company does not tell you the full details when you join yet they provide false information. It tells you that you have a certain number of pages but they charge $.10 per MINUTE it takes it to go through. I only found that out after sending 32 of 150 pages I was told I had but for a charge on my bank card. When I called, they told me I exceeded the amount of pages due to the time it took for my fax to be submitted. Of course it took longer than a normal fax because that is how they make their money. I will never use them again and I am now untrusting of these types of places. Do not give them your info or else they will find a way to charge you.

Hi JaLorean

Many thanks for your review, we can assure you we do not lie and pride ourselves on our customer service. During signup everything should be explained to advise what the trial gives you (inclusive of 60 sec fax tramsmission time per fax). We are happy to discuss this with you further if this was not clear or you feel an error made, if you would like to message socialsupport@efax.com we would be more than happy to chat further.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Called the Customer Service number. No long waiting in the queue. Explained my issue to the agent. The response was Competent, friendly and quick. An written email feedback was provided by the agent. Problem solved.

Hi Diethard

Wonderful to read your positive feedback and we really appreciate the time you have taken to leave us your review. We are even happier to read you had such a fantastic experience and customer service agent you spoke to was competent, friendly, quick and that you received a follow up email too.

Many thanks, have a wonderful weekend

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I signed up for absolutely NOTHING except a free trial. They started taking money from me despite me telling them IMMEDIATELY by return email that I didn't want their service weeks before they took the payment. I have written to them dozens of times, to all their addresses. They keep trying to take more money from me, they refuse point blank to shut my account and keep trying to force me to phone them despite being well aware that I want absolutely nothing to do with them. I have had my bank block them and written to them telling them I have now sought legal advice and that they are harassing me. I wish I had never heard of them.

Hi Alison

Many thanks for your review, we would be very interested to look into your comments raised as this sounds very outside the norm and we would like to look into your experience further.

If you would like to email our social support team at the following email address socialsupport@efax.com with your details we will be able to investigate this fully for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Horrible Customer Service experience through chat. It was clearly communicated that I would not like to continue service, however the rep continued to try to upsell me 3 or more times (as I'm sure is their job). I dealt with a service tech labelled as "J**". Instead of continuing to help resolve my situation in a way that I believe would have been beneficial to both sides, they disconnected the chat within about 30 seconds of their last response after realizing they could not upsell me. (I'd written about 4 sentences and was about to send.)

To anyone considering eFax, be forewarned, cancelling is difficult and designed to take up your time. I want to be fair and understand a consumer's responsibility to manage their account, but this company seems designed to attempt to suck money out of clients in every way possible, with customer service reps who will end your conversation mid-sentence, and no way to cancel without being forced to hear a sales pitch first for "security reasons" (according to their help section this is why you must speak to someone to cancel). They had no problem continuing to try to sell me stuff when I kept saying no thank you, but when I wanted to repeatedly discuss my concern, my conversation was ended.

I am sure we will need faxing services again down the road. Using the service itself was intuitive and easy, and if not for this experience today, this could've been the company we returned to for the next decade or more, as we will never purchase a physical fax machine, and the Canadian Government seems to have no plans to abolish their faxing requirements. Unfortunate.

Hi Clinton

Many thanks for your review, Fiona from our social support we believe has already reached out to assist you further and we hope has solved your issue.

If you are happy with the follow up and outcome please do consider updating your review and star rating to reflect your overall experience.

Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to email socialsupport@efax.com as we will be happy to help.

eFax Support

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

eFax Company Information