Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.74/5

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

BOTTOM LINE

eFax is an online faxing service with two paid plans. Users can send and receive faxes online, through email or on the free mobile app. They can also edit and sign faxes, share files and use third-party cloud storage.

PROS

• Supports sending and receiving faxes
  • Local and international numbers
  • Convenient mobile app

CONS

• Separate send and receive limits
  • Setup fee

Top eFax Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

I have been using this service for a few years and it made my life much easier I can say. The support team is amazing, gives you very fast resolution all the time and they are all so professional and patient. I would definitely recommend eFax. It really works.

We have used eFax for over 10years. The service is reliable versatile and above all the customer service is fantastic. The web interface and the mobile App make it extremely flexible for work on the go.

What is eFax?

eFax is a company that offers online fax services with no fax machine required. eFax is wireless and lets you send and receive faxes from anywhere. You can do this using a computer, email, the eFax app or the eFax messenger system. Customers can choose their own local, international or toll-free fax number.

eFax also offers electronic signatures, file sharing, unlimited third-party cloud storage and an enhanced security option. The free app is available for desktop and mobile.

The company offers two plans to choose from. The eFax Plus plan lets you send 150 pages and receive 150 pages per month, while the eFax Pro plan increases to 200 pages each. The plans don’t allow you to combine the number of pages that go in or out, however — you’re limited to 200 sent faxes even if you don’t receive any.

How does eFax work?

Using eFax to send and receive faxes is a fairly simple process. To send a fax by email, you compose an email and address it to the recipient’s fax number, followed by the eFax email suffix. You can attach up to 10 files to the email. Finally, hit “send” and your fax will be delivered.

If you’re sending from a computer, go to the eFax website login page. Enter the recipient’s address, fill in the fax information and attach up to 10 files. Once finished, click “send” and the recipient will receive it as a normal fax. The process is the same for sending from the mobile app.

To receive a fax, just log in to your app or eFax account. Click on “inbox” for your mobile app or “view faxes” on your eFax portal. Tap or click your received faxes to view them.

eFax pricing

eFax has two plans for customers to choose from. The eFax Plus plan and eFax Pro plan both have the option of monthly or yearly billing. At the time of publishing, the plans cost:

• eFax Plus: $16.99 monthly, or $169.56 annually ($14.13 a month)
    • eFax Pro: $19.99 monthly, or $199.56 billed annually ($16.63 a month)

If you choose the annual option, you receive two months free. Both plans have a $10 setup fee. If you send or receive more than your monthly allotted pages, each additional fax will be 10 cents per page. eFax offers a 14-day trial If you’re not sure which plan works better for you.

eFax FAQ

Does eFax really work?
    eFax does work. It offers users incoming and outgoing fax options and can be used anywhere.
    How long does eFax take to send?
    The entire process usually takes less than two minutes for a single page fax. Dialing the number takes between 30 and 90 seconds, and the fax will take about 30 to 45 seconds per page to transmit.
    Can you send an eFax to a fax machine?
    You can send an eFax to a fax machine. eFax numbers work just like fax machine numbers, so you can send to and receive from a fax machine.
    Can you send an eFax to a cell phone?
    You can send an eFax to a cell phone. The cell phone will need the free eFax app to receive your fax.

Is eFax legit?

eFax is safe to use, especially in comparison to a regular fax machine. Instead of your information sitting on a fax machine for anyone to see, eFax files go to your personal inbox. eFax also offers enhanced security encryption that sends an email with a URL that logs you in with a TLS connection. You can then log in to view your fax. Enhanced security doesn’t cost extra, but you need to contact customer service to activate it. Overall, eFax is a safe and simple alternative to a regular fax machine.

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

We are using eFax services for more than 5 years now - it's quite easy to use and very helpful. Contacted efax today for some minor changes. John was very helpful and easy to communicate with. highly recommended!

Hi Prabha

Thank so much for your wonderful review, we very much appreciate it and are even happier that you like the service and had such a great experience with John today.

We will be sure to let John know your feedback as he will be over the moon to know he helped and how happy you were.

If we can ever be of assistance in the future please do let us know, we'll be happy to help.

Much thanks

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Last week I called the UK customer support line with a problem - we could not reach EU numbers. eFax representative John B. was pleasant to deal with, he managed to identify the underlying issue and came up with a solution - worked like a charm. Thank you!

Hi Jaroslav

Wonderful feedback, thanks so much for your review and taking the time out of your day to let us know how great your interaction and support from John B was the other day. We are delighted John was there to help and that he managed to identify the underlying issue and came up with a solution that worked like a charm for you.

eFax Support Team

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Big thanks to both eFAX and Ereceptionist for the brilliant service, I got both fax and telephone line services setup in no time. Awesome people both sales and customer service team. #I would gladly recommend their services. Does exactly what it says on the tin!

Hi Michael

Much thanks for your review, we are over the moon that you like the service and got setup in no time as well as getting such great service from both our sales and service teams. We'll be sure to share your positive feedback with them and let them know how happy your experience has been. If we can assist you in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 30, 2020

Excellent service from Marijana S. at eFax Customer Service. I wanted to cancel my fax number as I no longer need it. Offered one month free plus v reasonable price for a whole year if I stayed, but I declined. No pressure sales, just polite acceptance, contract cancelled immediately. Will certainly use them again.

Hi Amanda

Absolutely amazing review, thanks so much for your wonderful feedback and taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to read of your interaction with Marijana and will be sure to pass on your kind words to her. If things change in the future please do feel free to sign back up, thanks for using the service and we wish you the very best for the future.

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 22, 2020

I needed to cancel free trial - eFax is brilliant but only needed for 1 fax to my farmacia an emergency. Very understanding (Thanks Marijana). I am in Spain but Marijana had excellent english and was very professional. I recommend eFax to anyone requiring a fax service, Website very easy to use, instructions clear and you get notification that it has been successful. Ability to set up a contact list is a very good touch. Also Customer support is great. If I had a need for a fax facility I would use eFax every time.

Hi Jacqueline

Thank you so much for a fantastic review, we really appreciate it. Amazing to read how great your experience with the service and support was, we are delighted that you were so happy. Thanks again and we will be sure to pass on your kind words to Marijana, this will make her day.

Resolution response: March 2, 2021

After months of disputing transactions with PC Financial who told me that I was emailing an autoreply which magically sent autoreplies to the autoreply, Efax has offered me a refund and resolved the issue through the Consumer Affairs complaint board.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Based on Canada. To cancel is a problem and lots of stress. When you request by email, you get an autoreply. When you try to dispute the transaction to PC Financial, they tell you to send an email and then allege that you replied to an autoreply. Hard to cancel. Is Efax respecting of consumer laws? I want to cancel my account for months now.

Hi R

Thanks so much for your review, the cancel process should not be hard and can be done online, email, chat or by phone. If you would like to email socialsupport@efax.com with your eFax number our social team will be happy to assist you. Alternatively you can reply to the private message we will send you with this information also and we will be happy to help.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

To cancel an account, you have to pay for a month. It asks you to update billing info, even though the month was paid for and it charges you again. I have several fax services I use, and this was the worse. The fax quality is horrible. Do, not be conned in thinking this is #1 service. It's not.

Hi W

Thanks for your review, important to note we don't make you pay to cancel but we do request those with an outstanding payment to contact us so to ensure any outstanding payments are settled. We believe in your case there maybe an outstanding due and would be happy to look into this for you. If you would like to email socialsupport@efax.com with your eFax number our social support team would be happy to review and assist you with your cancellation.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I was using eFAX services since sometime, initially I was on monthly billing which was converted to annual billing at some point. As I was not using eFAX due to changed business needs, I tried to cancel it. I called their phone number to cancel which no one answers even after calling multiple times and waiting in excess of 30 minutes. It has recorded message to log in your account and cancel. I did that step as well, now it redirects you to chat with them. Chat is basically robot which directs you to email them. So I am on next step to email them which auto responds to call them. So I call it vicious circle of overcharging outgoing customers. BEWARE of these people and be ready to be charged $174.45 if they have your credit card.

Hi C

Thanks for your review, and sorry to read you are having issues cancelling & reaching us. From our side we'd like to sort this ASAP for you. We will send you a private message and work to resolve this for you.

Resolution response: Feb. 24, 2021

The company finally came through and resolved the issue. I am sorry that it took a public view of the issue to get it resolved, I hope the company reviews its policies and makes it easier to cancel.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

While the fax service itself might be good, trying to contact or deal with support/customer service is completely useless. They have a "live" chat line that is just a robot with canned responses, no actual person there. Their 24hour phone line ends with a voice saying "we can't answer your call at this time". You can't cancel your account if you are not in the USA without talking to a customer service representative but you can't reach a customer service representative and they won't cancel the account via email. They have stolen EUR45 from me while I have been trying to cancel this account since November 2020

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your review, and sorry to read you are having issues cancelling & reaching us. From our side we'd like to sort this ASAP for you and turn your not so good experience to a much better one. We will send you a private message and work to resolve this for you.

Resolution response: Feb. 16, 2021

Following my complaint on this site, I received an immediate repose from eFax and the matter was resolved to my satisfaction. For the many years that we used the service, we were satisfied with it. Marred only by the frustration of trying to close the account in the past few months.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Updated on 02/16/2021: We have resolved our issue with eFax regarding the difficulty of closing our account with them. Immediately after complaining on this site they contact me, and closed the account to our satisfaction. I think they would have better customer feedback if closing the service was as easy as opening it.

Original Review: The service itself was good, but as people don't use faxes now I want to cancel the service. This I've been trying to do for 6 months. The suggested link via their billing has been removed so you can't cancel via the web site. I've tried calling (no one ever answers despite going on hold for ages). Sent messages - no response. Meanwhile I keep getting charged 19.95 per month for a service we don't use. I suppose they are on the gravy train and want to keep milking. I called the bank and the only way to stop is to cancel my card and I will do that this week.

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your review, the cancel process should not be a difficult one and we are sorry to read of your experience. Online cancel is avaialable for all US & Canadian customers, if there is an outstanding amount owed it will direct you to contact us. If you could reply to the private message we will send you we will get this all sorted ASAP for you and take into account your original cancel requeat date too.

eFax Company Information