Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.90/5

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

BOTTOM LINE

eFax is an online faxing service with two paid plans. Users can send and receive faxes online, through email or on the free mobile app. They can also edit and sign faxes, share files and use third-party cloud storage.

PROS

• Supports sending and receiving faxes
  • Local and international numbers
  • Convenient mobile app

CONS

• Separate send and receive limits
  • Setup fee

Top eFax Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

I have been using this service for a few years and it made my life much easier I can say. The support team is amazing, gives you very fast resolution all the time and they are all so professional and patient. I would definitely recommend eFax. It really works.

We have used eFax for over 10years. The service is reliable versatile and above all the customer service is fantastic. The web interface and the mobile App make it extremely flexible for work on the go.

What is eFax?

eFax is a company that offers online fax services with no fax machine required. eFax is wireless and lets you send and receive faxes from anywhere. You can do this using a computer, email, the eFax app or the eFax messenger system. Customers can choose their own local, international or toll-free fax number.

eFax also offers electronic signatures, file sharing, unlimited third-party cloud storage and an enhanced security option. The free app is available for desktop and mobile.

The company offers two plans to choose from. The eFax Plus plan lets you send 150 pages and receive 150 pages per month, while the eFax Pro plan increases to 200 pages each. The plans don’t allow you to combine the number of pages that go in or out, however — you’re limited to 200 sent faxes even if you don’t receive any.

How does eFax work?

Using eFax to send and receive faxes is a fairly simple process. To send a fax by email, you compose an email and address it to the recipient’s fax number, followed by the eFax email suffix. You can attach up to 10 files to the email. Finally, hit “send” and your fax will be delivered.

If you’re sending from a computer, go to the eFax website login page. Enter the recipient’s address, fill in the fax information and attach up to 10 files. Once finished, click “send” and the recipient will receive it as a normal fax. The process is the same for sending from the mobile app.

To receive a fax, just log in to your app or eFax account. Click on “inbox” for your mobile app or “view faxes” on your eFax portal. Tap or click your received faxes to view them.

eFax pricing

eFax has two plans for customers to choose from. The eFax Plus plan and eFax Pro plan both have the option of monthly or yearly billing. At the time of publishing, the plans cost:

• eFax Plus: $16.99 monthly, or $169.56 annually ($14.13 a month)
    • eFax Pro: $19.99 monthly, or $199.56 billed annually ($16.63 a month)

If you choose the annual option, you receive two months free. Both plans have a $10 setup fee. If you send or receive more than your monthly allotted pages, each additional fax will be 10 cents per page. eFax offers a 14-day trial If you’re not sure which plan works better for you.

eFax FAQ

Does eFax really work?
    eFax does work. It offers users incoming and outgoing fax options and can be used anywhere.
    How long does eFax take to send?
    The entire process usually takes less than two minutes for a single page fax. Dialing the number takes between 30 and 90 seconds, and the fax will take about 30 to 45 seconds per page to transmit.
    Can you send an eFax to a fax machine?
    You can send an eFax to a fax machine. eFax numbers work just like fax machine numbers, so you can send to and receive from a fax machine.
    Can you send an eFax to a cell phone?
    You can send an eFax to a cell phone. The cell phone will need the free eFax app to receive your fax.

Is eFax legit?

eFax is safe to use, especially in comparison to a regular fax machine. Instead of your information sitting on a fax machine for anyone to see, eFax files go to your personal inbox. eFax also offers enhanced security encryption that sends an email with a URL that logs you in with a TLS connection. You can then log in to view your fax. Enhanced security doesn’t cost extra, but you need to contact customer service to activate it. Overall, eFax is a safe and simple alternative to a regular fax machine.

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Big thanks to both eFAX and Ereceptionist for the brilliant service, I got both fax and telephone line services setup in no time. Awesome people both sales and customer service team. #I would gladly recommend their services. Does exactly what it says on the tin!

Hi Michael

Much thanks for your review, we are over the moon that you like the service and got setup in no time as well as getting such great service from both our sales and service teams. We'll be sure to share your positive feedback with them and let them know how happy your experience has been. If we can assist you in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 30, 2020

Excellent service from Marijana S. at eFax Customer Service. I wanted to cancel my fax number as I no longer need it. Offered one month free plus v reasonable price for a whole year if I stayed, but I declined. No pressure sales, just polite acceptance, contract cancelled immediately. Will certainly use them again.

Hi Amanda

Absolutely amazing review, thanks so much for your wonderful feedback and taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to read of your interaction with Marijana and will be sure to pass on your kind words to her. If things change in the future please do feel free to sign back up, thanks for using the service and we wish you the very best for the future.

eFax Support Team

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I needed to cancel free trial - eFax is brilliant but only needed for 1 fax to my farmacia an emergency. Very understanding (Thanks Marijana). I am in Spain but Marijana had excellent english and was very professional. I recommend eFax to anyone requiring a fax service, Website very easy to use, instructions clear and you get notification that it has been successful. Ability to set up a contact list is a very good touch. Also Customer support is great. If I had a need for a fax facility I would use eFax every time.

Hi Jacqueline

Thank you so much for a fantastic review, we really appreciate it. Amazing to read how great your experience with the service and support was, we are delighted that you were so happy. Thanks again and we will be sure to pass on your kind words to Marijana, this will make her day.

eFax Support Team

Original review: March 3, 2020

About Lia D., Customer Service Advisor @ eFax: fast, efficient, extremely kind and friendly. Don't let her go! He solved all my problems, as the eFax slogan says: "...in 2 minutes!" If the rest of the services work the same, I have done a wonderful deal. BRAVO!

Hi Catalin

We are super happy with your review and really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave this for us. Great to hear about your interaction with Lia and to read how fast, efficient, extremely kind and friendly she was, we will most certainly not be letting her go - she's a keeper. If you ever need any further help or assistance in the future please do feel free to let us know, we will be over the moon to help you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I called in to close my account (due to business needs) and the staff was very courteous about it and made the entire experience smooth without any hassles. The staff were considerate enough to inquire if the closure is due to any specific aspect they fell short on which was not the case. A big shout out to the support team!!

Hi Mahesh

Thank you so much for the kind and wonderful review regarding our support staff and how courteous they were. We are delighted your entire experience was a smooth one and hassle free. We are sorry to see you leave but we appreciate your business needs, if things change in the future you know where we are, we'd be delighted to see you back and wish you all the best for the future. We'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to our support team.

Many thanks again

eFax Support Team

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I was having an issue accessing my account for several days, and this lovely lady helped me recover my account. She also gave me some tips to how I can avoid any sort of issue like this one in the future. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Mario

We are very happy that you had such a wonderful experience and that the lovely lady who you spoke to was able to recover your account. Please do let us know if we can ever asssist you in the future, we will be delighted to help.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I signed up for eFax to send a fax to my child's pediatrician. Don't know if she received it. The only reason I signed up was because there was a $10 setup fee and then it claimed to be free for two weeks. Turns out they bill you for a full year. I tried to cancel, but had to wait 2-3 days before I could. Once the option to cancel was available, it gave me a dialog box directing me to their chatbot. The chatbot, and their email support system, told me to follow the same process (which doesn't even work) to cancel my account. I've tried email, chat, phone and Twitter, but no reply. This is unacceptable and I will be telling people just to go to Staples to do a fax, because eFax is a ripoff and not worth the time. I wish I'd never have signed up.

Hi Steve

Thanks for your review, we are glad we were able to assist you and resolve this matter.

If we can be of any further assistance please do feel free to let us know, we'll be happy to assist.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Very happy with the service, I truly recommend it! I called the customer service few days ago because I had some issues with my fax number and the customer service representative solved the issues very fast.

Hi Simona

We are over the moon that you are very happy with the service and that you got such great service the other day and that your issue was solved very fast. Much thanks also for taking the time to let us know about your experience, we really appreciate it. Should you need anything in the future, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I Have been using eFax for many years now, and the support team always respond to my queries efficiently. I spoke today with Lia, and she was very polite and professional. I would recommend efax to anyone who needs to use fax service.

Hi Paul

Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it and are delighted to read how long you have been using the service and how happy you are. We will be sure to share your feedback with Lia, she will be so happy to know she helped.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had an issue logging into my account. The agent was very friendly and helpful and sorted my issue quickly. I Would recommend this Company for your Fax Solution, easy to manage your faxes online and assistance is there when needed.

Hi Lorraine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review and feedback today, we are delighted your issue was sorted and the agent you spoke to was very friendly and helpful and sorted my issue quickly. Should you ever need anything in the future, please do let us know and we will be more than happy to help out.

Much thanks