1.01/5

275 eFax Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I requested to cancel this account in December of 2018. I did it via email and was told I had to use the chat with us option which I attempted. I waited in the queue for over 40 minutes, got busy and had to stop using my phone. At that point in time saw another charged come January. I emailed them to cancel my account, give them all my information, told them I had already sent in a request. Again happened in February, in March I didn't notice any charges. I thought that it was resolved, same for April and May. Come June I notice a charge because my balance was low and upon review of the previous month's notice they had charged me but it got mixed in because I had a decent balance in my account and it didn't catch my attention. Notified them again to cancel my account.

This has been an ongoing issue in July. I contacted my bank to recover some of those charges, they gave me a temporary credit but then reversed that credit since the reoccurring charges has taken place for more than what their time frame allows. Just contacted them again via email and was basically told that they will not honor my demand to cancel unless I use the chat option. So I go to use the chat option, wait in the queue for 30 minutes, speaking to someone for the following 15 and they confirm with me they have a request on file that I put in in February but do not feel they are in the wrong for continuing my account since it came via email. They refused to refund me any of the previous charges even though over the past eight months I have submitted over six request to cancel. This is freaking ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

This company is absolutely terrible. I cancelled my subscription in writing, to which customer service refused to respond, then found a charge for the next billing cycle several days later. When I spoke to a CS supervisor, he told me that "no one in customer service" had the authority to issue a refund for the unused service because a link at the bottom of my welcome email said cancellation had to be done via chat or over the phone. The company does not even have legal standing to reject a Contract Termination Letter. I would strongly caution anyone against using this company’s services. Worst customer service I’ve ever received in the United States.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Signed up for the 30 free trial and I sent one fax. It took forever to try to send and it was terrible quality. I tried to cancel and good luck with that. Then they start charging for things and will not refund the scam charges. This company is a fraud and they know it. They just get your money and move on. Stay away from them.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I signed onto this company years ago. Well they obviously have changed hands. I don't send faxes often so I don't need a monthly plan. My plan was 10 cents a fax sent or received. No monthly fee. Just add funds as needed. Got on in June to send 7 pg fax and it would not send. I still had money on acct. I called and he said I had to put more money in acct so I did $10. Fax was sent and 2 days later I had to resend same fax and it sent. I just now get email stating I owed them 3 cents!! I went in acct. and they charged me $6.90 first time and $5.30 the second time!!!! Just realized this company is now not in U.S. but UK!! Can hardly understand and will not give you any answers except they don't have the plan that I said I had. WATCH OUT. THEY WILL SCAM YOU.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Just received a phone call from ** claiming to be from the NBN saying our fax line will be disconnected. However it wasn't the actual wholesaler owner by the Australian Government body called NBNco but a sales staff from eFax pretending to be in order to sign us up to their service. This is misleading to the consumer who isn't tech savvy as myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: June 14, 2019

This company continued to charged my credit card despite my canceling it two years ago in 2017. This is June 2019 and my May credit card statement shows another charge which I caught this time. CS refused to reverse the charges for 2019 and took 2 months away from my refund. This is a situation where when you try to cancel they refuse to do the right thing because you are never coming back anyway. Do not start with eFax, but if you do watch out for your proof of cancellation when you do. Terrible company to deal with.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We were charged an additional $10.00 two times ($20.00) total on the same day. When I called to find out why, I was told that we had faxed over 300 pages. I later found out that it was only 61 pages so I contacted them again. The next lady that I talked to explained that they allow 60 seconds per page and if it takes 240 seconds for a page to be received then they charge for 4 pages. After asking several questions, she asked me if I wanted to speak to a supervisor and I said that I did. After holding for 15 minutes, I was hung up on. I contacted them again today and asked for a supervisor. I was told that supervisors do not take calls. This is a HORRIBLE company with terrible customer service. You do not want to do business with them.

Original review: May 9, 2019

They are set up to offer a ‘free trial’. I use the word free loosely as they immediately charge $16.95US, fax did not actually go through and continue to charge monthly. There is no spot to actually cancel this service. You need to call and have them do it. I called once and was not cancelled so then had to call back a second time after being charged again to cancel. Horrible customer service, kept on the phone for 45 mins debating with me instead of just cancelling. 0 stars was an option that is what I would give. This is a complete scam!

Original review: May 2, 2019

Had this service for a while, but faxes are really outdated, it worked while I used it. Cancelled the account, but was rebilled again. Called again to cancel -- was on the phone for 20 minutes working on the cancellation and credit back to my credit card. Received another email cancellation confirm -- will wait to see if cc is credited, then will make sure card is removed from account. Put on hold 4 times over 20 minutes to process this most recent cancellation.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I chatted with an eFax rep (bc I was traveling) to cancel my account before they charged me for another month. This person lets me know they are unable to locate any account with my card #, email, or name. I thankfully screenshotted the chat. About 2-3 days later I was charged for another month. I called & told them I tried to cancel & their billing rep said there was no account with my info.

I offered to send him the screenshots I have via email. 8 days have passed & no email response from anyone at eFax. I call again & had to explain the situation again, to which they said "sorry, we have a no refund policy." It didn't matter that I cancelled on time, & it also didn't matter that I had proof of what I was saying. They talk over you & are extremely rude, just so they can keep your $16.95. I had to call my bank & block merchant because I do not trust this company. The service they provide may be convenient for you for now, but you might regret it later.

eFax Company Information