Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.91/5

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: April 30, 2020

Excellent service from Marijana S. at eFax Customer Service. I wanted to cancel my fax number as I no longer need it. Offered one month free plus v reasonable price for a whole year if I stayed, but I declined. No pressure sales, just polite acceptance, contract cancelled immediately. Will certainly use them again.

Hi Amanda

Absolutely amazing review, thanks so much for your wonderful feedback and taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to read of your interaction with Marijana and will be sure to pass on your kind words to her. If things change in the future please do feel free to sign back up, thanks for using the service and we wish you the very best for the future.

eFax Support Team

Original review: March 3, 2020

About Lia D., Customer Service Advisor @ eFax: fast, efficient, extremely kind and friendly. Don't let her go! He solved all my problems, as the eFax slogan says: "...in 2 minutes!" If the rest of the services work the same, I have done a wonderful deal. BRAVO!

Hi Catalin

We are super happy with your review and really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave this for us. Great to hear about your interaction with Lia and to read how fast, efficient, extremely kind and friendly she was, we will most certainly not be letting her go - she's a keeper. If you ever need any further help or assistance in the future please do feel free to let us know, we will be over the moon to help you.

eFax Support Team

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I called in to close my account (due to business needs) and the staff was very courteous about it and made the entire experience smooth without any hassles. The staff were considerate enough to inquire if the closure is due to any specific aspect they fell short on which was not the case. A big shout out to the support team!!

Hi Mahesh

Thank you so much for the kind and wonderful review regarding our support staff and how courteous they were. We are delighted your entire experience was a smooth one and hassle free. We are sorry to see you leave but we appreciate your business needs, if things change in the future you know where we are, we'd be delighted to see you back and wish you all the best for the future. We'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to our support team.

Many thanks again

eFax Support Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

The service itself works great, multiple options where you can fax from (email, app, website etc), the only catch for me is my fax volume which is low. No option to downgrade to a low plan (hence why I am giving 4 and not 5), the entry level gives 150/150 in and out, drop the zero off both if these and that's what I need, I only need about 20 a month but still need to pay same rate which is a shame. Besides my rant on cost I still need it and the value of faxes I receive are needed and worth the cost, the support staff are very nice and helpful and in my experience I've never had issues calling and getting through, emails usually answered within a few days.

Hi D.J

Thanks a million for a really great review, we genuinely appreciate the feedback and happy that you like the service. If you would like to let us know your eFax number via the private message we will send you we are sure there is a package that might be more suited and cost effective for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I signed up for a free trial. Everything went well. I needed to fax some information to my doctor. So, I did that, and on the same day, I canceled the free trial. I don't have any complaints. The faxes went through successfully, and when I wanted to cancel the trial, I chatted with customer support and they canceled the trial for me, sending me an email afterward to confirm the cancellation.

Hi Athieu

Many thanks for your review, we are delighted to read we could assist you and that everything went well. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out at any time or message our Social Team at socialsupport@efax.com and we will be happy to help.

Many Thanks

eFax Support Team

Original review: June 24, 2020

I recently signed up for the free trial and was unimpressed with their online interface. The website is clunky and confusing. When I cancelled my account online before the trial ended, I had to click through several confusing pages confirming the cancellation and was supposed to receive an email confirmation of cancellation within 24 hours. I would think they would be able to send a confirmation right away like other online companies. I never received that confirmation, instead I was charged for another month.

I called them and the agent said that without the email reference code, there was no record of cancellation. How am I supposed to provide an email reference code if I never received a confirmation? I proceeded to click through to cancel again and asked if he could see that I cancelled. He could not. It appears that their online account settings are dysfunctional and the only way to change your account is to call. They do not provide this information. I really hope that my account has been deleted, because this company seems to me to be a scam.

Hi Kayla

Many thanks for your review, we would love to look into this further and assist you if not already resolved. We have reached a couple of times privately but not yet heard back to date as of yet. Should your query still be outstanding please do be so kind to provide us with your eFax number that was asssigned to you and we will investigate this and get back to you ASAP.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I signed up for free trial earlier this year. Efax has taken numerous amounts of money weekly. I have emailed no reply and daemon replies. The 0800 nz ph is disconnected. Almost $200 has been taken and no contact been received. I have proof. Sent proof. Not impressed. Unhappy customer. I want a refund.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Hi gang, So just a heads up on eFax. I cancelled my account yesterday (6/10) and I found out something pretty ridiculous today (6/11). If you cancel your account and have remaining pre-paid dollars on your account you have to call in after you cancel to get a refund. eFax will not automatically refund you the difference. So if you dropped $50 dollars in your account, used $10 of it and then cancelled your account they would keep that $40 unless you raise a stink about it. Because of this specific thing I won't be using this organization again and I will ACTIVELY inform colleagues, friends, associates, strangers etc. of this practice. I have a feeling that since the minimum is $10 bucks most people likely use 4 to 5 dollars of that and just leave the rest because it isn't worth dealing with. That is what happened to me. I realize it is a small amount of money but to not automatically refund the difference is... well... revolting.

Hi Brandon

We are just reaching out again to see if we can help, if you could send us your details we'll investigate this for you.

Resolution response: June 9, 2020

The resolution to this eventually happened. The length of time it took to get it resolved and the overall attitude of those that I talked with make me keep the 1 star rating. I would never do business with this company again. I also don't appreciate the customer service agents trying to sell me other products while on the phone trying to resolve this issue.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I needed to fax something to an organization and used their free trial. I uploaded my document and submitted it to send. I waited 15 min., it didn't go through. I tried again, waited, but it still didn't go through. I resent it several times, even breaking it into two smaller files in case that was the issue. It still didn't go through. Their website kept saying that I would receive a confirmation email if it went through, but I didn't receive one. This was in the morning. In the mid-afternoon I received multiple emails stating that the faxes went through (hours later) and I was now charged $50 for overages (for resending the document). I tried to get into my account, but it was suspended for some reason. I used their customer service chat option to talk with an agent, but they refused to speak to me about it. I tried the chat again and he told me that their system was down and they couldn't help me. I should try back in an hour or two.

Multiple hours later I called customer service and as soon as I mentioned a refund she said that their system was down and they couldn't help me. I sent an email to them, as I saw that some had received assistance that way. I have yet to hear back from them. I called back the next day and spent close to an hour on the phone, being passed around to four different people. They refused to give me a refund and when I mentioned that I needed to speak with someone that was in charge that could help, the fourth representative stated that I could, but that right now their system is down and so they wouldn't be able to help. Their website (which is what I used to send the faxes) was deceptive in that there was no indication that the faxes sent were "in progress." From my own experience, and from others' experience on this website and elsewhere, it seems their system conveniently goes down whenever you want a refund. This is a deceptive company.

Hi Greg

Thanks for your review, this sounds very strange, out of the norm and something we would be very inerested investigating for you. If you could let us know your eFax number via the private message we will send you we can review this and work to get you answers and a resolution.

Resolution response: June 5, 2020

Fiona from eFax contacted me and the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

Original review: June 3, 2020

They charged me $1.00 despite explicitly stating that it was a free trial. I sent about 15 pages. The "confirmation email" took about an hour, which seems like a clever way to ensure that customers try to send the fax again and can therefore be charged. When I tried to cancel my account over the chat feature, I was told to contact them in a few hours because system difficulties would not allow cancellations at this time. I contacted them again about three hours later, and a different customer service agent told me the same thing. Maybe I am being overly suspicious because of their other inconsistencies, but it seems that this is perhaps an automatic response when a customer tries to cancel an account during the free trial period.

Hi Molly

Many thanks for your review and sorry to read of your experience. If you could let us know your eFax number via the private message we will send you, we will be able to investigate and assist you further.

eFax Company Information