3.4/5 (135 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About eFax

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

Top eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Verified

I have been using this service for a few years and it made my life much easier I can say. The support team is amazing, gives you very fast resolution all the time and they are all...

Verified

We have used eFax for over 10years. The service is reliable versatile and above all the customer service is fantastic. The web interface and the mobile App make it extremely flexi...

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

What is eFax?

eFax is a company that offers online fax services with no fax machine required. eFax is wireless and lets you send and receive faxes from anywhere. You can do this using a computer, email, the eFax app or the eFax messenger system. Customers can choose their own local, international or toll-free fax number.

eFax also offers electronic signatures, file sharing, unlimited third-party cloud storage and an enhanced security option. The free app is available for desktop and mobile.

The company offers two plans to choose from. The eFax Plus plan lets you send 150 pages and receive 150 pages per month, while the eFax Pro plan increases to 200 pages each. The plans don’t allow you to combine the number of pages that go in or out, however — you’re limited to 200 sent faxes even if you don’t receive any.

How does eFax work?

Using eFax to send and receive faxes is a fairly simple process. To send a fax by email, you compose an email and address it to the recipient’s fax number, followed by the eFax email suffix. You can attach up to 10 files to the email. Finally, hit “send” and your fax will be delivered.

If you’re sending from a computer, go to the eFax website login page. Enter the recipient’s address, fill in the fax information and attach up to 10 files. Once finished, click “send” and the recipient will receive it as a normal fax. The process is the same for sending from the mobile app.

To receive a fax, just log in to your app or eFax account. Click on “inbox” for your mobile app or “view faxes” on your eFax portal. Tap or click your received faxes to view them.

eFax pricing

eFax has two plans for customers to choose from. The eFax Plus plan and eFax Pro plan both have the option of monthly or yearly billing. At the time of publishing, the plans cost:

• eFax Plus: $16.99 monthly, or $169.56 annually ($14.13 a month)
  • eFax Pro: $19.99 monthly, or $199.56 billed annually ($16.63 a month)

If you choose the annual option, you receive two months free. Both plans have a $10 setup fee. If you send or receive more than your monthly allotted pages, each additional fax will be 10 cents per page. eFax offers a 14-day trial If you’re not sure which plan works better for you.

eFax FAQ

Does eFax really work?
eFax does work. It offers users incoming and outgoing fax options and can be used anywhere.
How long does eFax take to send?
The entire process usually takes less than two minutes for a single page fax. Dialing the number takes between 30 and 90 seconds, and the fax will take about 30 to 45 seconds per page to transmit.
Can you send an eFax to a fax machine?
You can send an eFax to a fax machine. eFax numbers work just like fax machine numbers, so you can send to and receive from a fax machine.
Can you send an eFax to a cell phone?
You can send an eFax to a cell phone. The cell phone will need the free eFax app to receive your fax.

Is eFax legit?

eFax is safe to use, especially in comparison to a regular fax machine. Instead of your information sitting on a fax machine for anyone to see, eFax files go to your personal inbox. eFax also offers enhanced security encryption that sends an email with a URL that logs you in with a TLS connection. You can then log in to view your fax. Enhanced security doesn’t cost extra, but you need to contact customer service to activate it. Overall, eFax is a safe and simple alternative to a regular fax machine.

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Nicoleta L. has always been very helpful! Whenever an assist is needed she responds and provides the solution very quickly and efficiently. She also gives a very positive impression to refer back to her whenever an issue is faced.

eFax response

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback Rawan. We are very pleased to hear that Nicoleta provided you with excellent service! We appreciate you for sharing your experience here with us and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: June 11, 2022

They helped me by email very quickly. I had a question and they replied right away and were very kind. Their website is easy to use and setup was super fast. I set this up to receive a fax since I don't have a fax machine. Would definitely recommend.

eFax response

Thank you so much for your excellent feedback Home! We are very pleased to hear that our service provided you with prompt assistance and convenience! We appreciate your time in sharing your experience here with us and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Representative Nicoleta L was able to listen to my issue and resolve quickly, and my account. She was able to do all this while I waited patiently over the phone. Customer Service Advisor - Consensus had a very short hold time. She did a great job.

eFax response

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback Wanda! We are very pleased to hear that Nicoleta provided you with prompt and excellent service! We appreciate you for your time in sharing your experience here with us and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: May 20, 2022

Eveldina is professional, kind, and it has been a pleasure to talk to her! I like the way she took the time to explain the products. Her patience to listen the client needs it has been notice. I just want to leave here a comment so the customers satisfaction does not pass unnoticeable! Thank you Eveldina and have a great day!

eFax response

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback Catheras! We are very pleased to hear that Eveldina provided you with excellent support! We appreciate you for sharing your experience here with us and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: March 2, 2022

I was expecting a fax and checked my account to see if it had come in. I found that my account was suspended, but I hadn't recalled getting any notices. I called CS and got the Ireland help desk. We could barely hear each other at first, and I thought, "Oh boy....this isn't going to go well." But I got Stefan P. Multilingual Customer Service Advisor, Consensus Cloud Solutions.

He was extremely (my payment hadn't gone through). It hadn't occurred to me because I was using a company card but found that the expense was locked out of my card. Once we worked out getting the payment to go through Stefan P activated my account and waived my late fee. Even though this was a simple and common problem, I decided to post this because I was planning to cancel the account when I called in, but left feeling like I was with the right company all because of my experience with a real human being who was kind, friendly and helpful, which is a great combination.

eFax response

Hello EJ, we are very pleased to hear that Stefan provided you with a positive experience and we are thankful for your time in sharing your wonderful feedback with us. Should you require any assistance or have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us anytime or message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I'm very disappointed. I was on the unlimited plan for 5 months. During that time I only used the service once. When I tried to cancel my plan they offered me a deal for $5 for 10 pages which I thought was good since I didn't fax often. I allegedly was credited for that past month and had a credit on my account. I faxed 10 pages to 2 separate companies and 1 page to another. My card was charged $10 on top of the credit that was supposedly on my account and now every day they are trying to pull out $10 off my card I had to disable my card. I spoke to customer service 3 times and was told that I wouldn't have a bill till March which would be a partial payment.

The reason why they charged me so much was because they counted one fax as 42 pages and the other one some ridiculous number. Then the charges just kept hitting my credit card. I called back and the women said they would give me 25 page credit but couldn't explain why they keep trying to charge my card. Now it's still happening and I finally am going to cancel my account although I don't want to lose the faxes I've sent this is ridiculous. I even got an email stating if I didn't submit payment my account would be canceled. Payment for what is what I want to know.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

eFax is a very good way to handle fax in today's business world. eFax was very easy to manage. When I no longer needed fax, I cancelled the service. But they continued to bill me after I cancelled. I had autopay set up so I didn't see that my card was being charged every month until I started working on taxes.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

Ever since Telus sold their fax system to this company, sending fax has been a nightmare. I have had to change my password so many times because "your password has expired" like really? A 25 multi-digit, letter and symbol password expires? And as if someone else would want to log in and waste hours of their time trying to send a 2-page fax locally. I can't wait to not renew this subscription. I have tried everything and still I get a pop-up saying "General Error" and then an email saying "Unsuccessful". Is it really that difficult to write a software program that sends a fax and is easy to use? I guess so. I will now plug the phone line into my fax scan photocopier and send the fax the old fashioned way.

eFax response

Hello Shane. Accounts under www.efax.com do not have a password expiration date and have a minimum of 6 alphanumerical requirements. As per the image uploaded, it seems that your email address is not registered as a sender on your account. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Asked my doctor to send my blood test results to my eFax account. Found out after this that eFax cancelled my account and all free accounts with no notice. Now some stranger has my personally identifiable health information. Hard to believe a business would do this. Would not recommend nor would I ever give them one dime of my money.

eFax response

Hello John, This is not the impression we would like you to have,! Numbers from our carriers can be recalled from time to time. As we no longer offer free accounts, we would like to look into this matter for you as we do notify users prior to recalling a number or closing a free service . If you would like assistance please reach out to us at socialsupport@efax.com and we will be happy to assist. MS

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Our law firm recently implemented a new case management system and it was recommended we transition to eFax. The frustrations we've had are unlimited. We're still receiving charges in November 2 for an account that closed in August. Customer service does not communicate promptly or professionally. The initial porting was "successful" but they didn't have the right email address, so we were without faxing services for three days while I tracked down the issue. Porting took several weeks longer than we were initial told. We were charged to port our number to eFax and back to our law firm after we canceled. We did not agree with the charges per page and had to fight them each month to provide accurate billing. I finally canceled my account in August, and I'm still receiving monthly bills for issues. I cannot express how much I distrust eFax.

eFax response

Hello Sarah, as this is a 3rd party site that is unaffiliated with our service, we are unable to verify, confirm, or request you to provide or post your private information via a public setting. We also do not recommend providing secure private information on sites where security is not guaranteed private. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist directly. ^RA

eFax Company Information