Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.89/5

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

BOTTOM LINE

eFax is an online faxing service with two paid plans. Users can send and receive faxes online, through email or on the free mobile app. They can also edit and sign faxes, share files and use third-party cloud storage.

PROS

• Supports sending and receiving faxes
  • Local and international numbers
  • Convenient mobile app

CONS

• Separate send and receive limits
  • Setup fee

Top eFax Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

I have been using this service for a few years and it made my life much easier I can say. The support team is amazing, gives you very fast resolution all the time and they are all so professional and patient. I would definitely recommend eFax. It really works.

We have used eFax for over 10years. The service is reliable versatile and above all the customer service is fantastic. The web interface and the mobile App make it extremely flexible for work on the go.

What is eFax?

eFax is a company that offers online fax services with no fax machine required. eFax is wireless and lets you send and receive faxes from anywhere. You can do this using a computer, email, the eFax app or the eFax messenger system. Customers can choose their own local, international or toll-free fax number.

eFax also offers electronic signatures, file sharing, unlimited third-party cloud storage and an enhanced security option. The free app is available for desktop and mobile.

The company offers two plans to choose from. The eFax Plus plan lets you send 150 pages and receive 150 pages per month, while the eFax Pro plan increases to 200 pages each. The plans don’t allow you to combine the number of pages that go in or out, however — you’re limited to 200 sent faxes even if you don’t receive any.

How does eFax work?

Using eFax to send and receive faxes is a fairly simple process. To send a fax by email, you compose an email and address it to the recipient’s fax number, followed by the eFax email suffix. You can attach up to 10 files to the email. Finally, hit “send” and your fax will be delivered.

If you’re sending from a computer, go to the eFax website login page. Enter the recipient’s address, fill in the fax information and attach up to 10 files. Once finished, click “send” and the recipient will receive it as a normal fax. The process is the same for sending from the mobile app.

To receive a fax, just log in to your app or eFax account. Click on “inbox” for your mobile app or “view faxes” on your eFax portal. Tap or click your received faxes to view them.

eFax pricing

eFax has two plans for customers to choose from. The eFax Plus plan and eFax Pro plan both have the option of monthly or yearly billing. At the time of publishing, the plans cost:

• eFax Plus: $16.99 monthly, or $169.56 annually ($14.13 a month)
    • eFax Pro: $19.99 monthly, or $199.56 billed annually ($16.63 a month)

If you choose the annual option, you receive two months free. Both plans have a $10 setup fee. If you send or receive more than your monthly allotted pages, each additional fax will be 10 cents per page. eFax offers a 14-day trial If you’re not sure which plan works better for you.

eFax FAQ

Does eFax really work?
    eFax does work. It offers users incoming and outgoing fax options and can be used anywhere.
    How long does eFax take to send?
    The entire process usually takes less than two minutes for a single page fax. Dialing the number takes between 30 and 90 seconds, and the fax will take about 30 to 45 seconds per page to transmit.
    Can you send an eFax to a fax machine?
    You can send an eFax to a fax machine. eFax numbers work just like fax machine numbers, so you can send to and receive from a fax machine.
    Can you send an eFax to a cell phone?
    You can send an eFax to a cell phone. The cell phone will need the free eFax app to receive your fax.

Is eFax legit?

eFax is safe to use, especially in comparison to a regular fax machine. Instead of your information sitting on a fax machine for anyone to see, eFax files go to your personal inbox. eFax also offers enhanced security encryption that sends an email with a URL that logs you in with a TLS connection. You can then log in to view your fax. Enhanced security doesn’t cost extra, but you need to contact customer service to activate it. Overall, eFax is a safe and simple alternative to a regular fax machine.

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: April 30, 2020

Excellent service from Marijana S. at eFax Customer Service. I wanted to cancel my fax number as I no longer need it. Offered one month free plus v reasonable price for a whole year if I stayed, but I declined. No pressure sales, just polite acceptance, contract cancelled immediately. Will certainly use them again.

Hi Amanda

Absolutely amazing review, thanks so much for your wonderful feedback and taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to read of your interaction with Marijana and will be sure to pass on your kind words to her. If things change in the future please do feel free to sign back up, thanks for using the service and we wish you the very best for the future.

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 22, 2020

I needed to cancel free trial - eFax is brilliant but only needed for 1 fax to my farmacia an emergency. Very understanding (Thanks Marijana). I am in Spain but Marijana had excellent english and was very professional. I recommend eFax to anyone requiring a fax service, Website very easy to use, instructions clear and you get notification that it has been successful. Ability to set up a contact list is a very good touch. Also Customer support is great. If I had a need for a fax facility I would use eFax every time.

Hi Jacqueline

Thank you so much for a fantastic review, we really appreciate it. Amazing to read how great your experience with the service and support was, we are delighted that you were so happy. Thanks again and we will be sure to pass on your kind words to Marijana, this will make her day.

eFax Support Team

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2020

About Lia D., Customer Service Advisor @ eFax: fast, efficient, extremely kind and friendly. Don't let her go! He solved all my problems, as the eFax slogan says: "...in 2 minutes!" If the rest of the services work the same, I have done a wonderful deal. BRAVO!

Hi Catalin

We are super happy with your review and really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave this for us. Great to hear about your interaction with Lia and to read how fast, efficient, extremely kind and friendly she was, we will most certainly not be letting her go - she's a keeper. If you ever need any further help or assistance in the future please do feel free to let us know, we will be over the moon to help you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I called in to close my account (due to business needs) and the staff was very courteous about it and made the entire experience smooth without any hassles. The staff were considerate enough to inquire if the closure is due to any specific aspect they fell short on which was not the case. A big shout out to the support team!!

Hi Mahesh

Thank you so much for the kind and wonderful review regarding our support staff and how courteous they were. We are delighted your entire experience was a smooth one and hassle free. We are sorry to see you leave but we appreciate your business needs, if things change in the future you know where we are, we'd be delighted to see you back and wish you all the best for the future. We'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to our support team.

Many thanks again

eFax Support Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

The service itself works great, multiple options where you can fax from (email, app, website etc), the only catch for me is my fax volume which is low. No option to downgrade to a low plan (hence why I am giving 4 and not 5), the entry level gives 150/150 in and out, drop the zero off both if these and that's what I need, I only need about 20 a month but still need to pay same rate which is a shame. Besides my rant on cost I still need it and the value of faxes I receive are needed and worth the cost, the support staff are very nice and helpful and in my experience I've never had issues calling and getting through, emails usually answered within a few days.

Hi D.J

Thanks a million for a really great review, we genuinely appreciate the feedback and happy that you like the service. If you would like to let us know your eFax number via the private message we will send you we are sure there is a package that might be more suited and cost effective for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

One word review of eFax = Avoid. Ok, before you sign up for eFax, please take a moment to understand their billing and cancellation policies in detail. [https://www.efax.com/legal#11] It appears that eFax has figured out the legal mambo jumbo to trap unsuspecting customers.

1. The company eFax is not fully transparent about their advance billing policies.
      2. The company eFax is not fully transparent about policies relating to pro-rating charges.
      3. The company eFax has designed their site and menus in a way to make it difficult for customers to cancel.

4. The company eFax has made it a cumbersome process to cancel their service.

> Do I feel cheated by eFax - Yes
      > Did eFax clearly highlight their billing policies - Absolutely No
      > Will I do business with them again - Absolutely No.

> Will I encourage others? No, please "Run Away" from eFax as fast as you can.

Other alternative to eFax:

HelloFax.
      OpenText RightFax Fax Server.
      mFax.
      XM Fax.
      RingCentral Fax.
      CocoFax.
      Nextiva vFax.

OfficeSuite

Hi C

Thanks for your review. Could we ask that you email socialsupport@efax.com with some more details so we can review your issue further and look to answer or resolve anything needing to resolved.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I had an E-Fax account for years. I retired in 2006 and didn't/don't need to receive or send faxes so I cancelled the account. During my working years I downloaded and saved a number of documents received through EFax and they are stored in the .efax format. I can NOT now open these documents. I have downloaded the current EFax software in an attempt to open them but every time I try I am required to open a NEW EFax account and of course PAY FOR IT. An online chat today confirmed that I have to have a CURRENT EFax account to open old documents.

Hi Charles

Thanks for your review, if you had your eFaxes set to be in .efx the eFax messenger program will be needed to open them along with login details. We are confident we should be able to assist you here however, and if it means granting a free account for a temp period of time to allow you to access these we're happy to assist. Could you email our social support team at socialsupport@efax.com and they'll assist you further.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I have sent a single fax with them back in December. I don't use fax on a day to day basis, I only needed to send one page to bring my minor daughter back home after a funeral. Since I don't need it, I cancelled (or so I thought) right away. In April I noticed my account was billed by them and I immediately tried to phone them and cancel. I got no answer at all, no available chat, no one answering the phone, no response to my emails. Same story every month. They have now billed me 118£ for a single page of fax and I can't reach them to get my money back and stop these payments. They are crooks and don't care about their customers at all! I've never been treated so unfairly.

Updated Reply 10/8/20

Hi Roxana, we've tried to reach out to you several times over the last few weeks to assist you here but unfortunately not had a response back from you.

We are happy and open to arrange any refunds needing to be done, we are customer focused and happy to assist.

In order to assist we would some need additional information to help locate your account.

Please let us know at your earliest convenience if you would like us to help.

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2020

Refund received. The prompt resolution by “social support” was appreciated. However, given my personal experience and those of several others, I wouldn’t recommend the company. I, simply, can’t bring myself to advocate their carelessness and malpractice.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I opted for the free subscription, but the service didn’t work. I tried calling the customer care number for cancellation, but my calls were never answered. Eventually, I used the “virtual phone chat” service and asked a customer care executive to have the service cancelled (weeks before the deadline). They said the account was cancelled, effective immediately. Even my fax number was deleted. However, they secretly stored my card details and charged me today.

Hi R

Thanks for your review and feedback, this is something we most definitely would like to investigate and look into for you further. If you could reply to the private message we will send you we'll look into this ASAP for you to find out what did or did not happen and refund where applicable.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Great service, the online account is super easy to use, plus, you can send faxes via email! I would definitely recommend if you are looking to send secure fax quick. Very very happy with this service.

Hi Nieves

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate your feedback and are even happier to read that you like the service and found it super easy to use. Should you ever need anything in the future please do feel free to let us know and we'll be delighted to help, much thanks in advance for any future recommendations also.

eFax Company Information