Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

2.3/5 (60 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About eFax

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

Top eFax Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have been using this service for a few years and it made my life much easier I can say. The support team is amazing, gives you very fast resolution all the time and they are all...

Verified

We have used eFax for over 10years. The service is reliable versatile and above all the customer service is fantastic. The web interface and the mobile App make it extremely flexi...

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

What is eFax?

eFax is a company that offers online fax services with no fax machine required. eFax is wireless and lets you send and receive faxes from anywhere. You can do this using a computer, email, the eFax app or the eFax messenger system. Customers can choose their own local, international or toll-free fax number.

eFax also offers electronic signatures, file sharing, unlimited third-party cloud storage and an enhanced security option. The free app is available for desktop and mobile.

The company offers two plans to choose from. The eFax Plus plan lets you send 150 pages and receive 150 pages per month, while the eFax Pro plan increases to 200 pages each. The plans don’t allow you to combine the number of pages that go in or out, however — you’re limited to 200 sent faxes even if you don’t receive any.

How does eFax work?

Using eFax to send and receive faxes is a fairly simple process. To send a fax by email, you compose an email and address it to the recipient’s fax number, followed by the eFax email suffix. You can attach up to 10 files to the email. Finally, hit “send” and your fax will be delivered.

If you’re sending from a computer, go to the eFax website login page. Enter the recipient’s address, fill in the fax information and attach up to 10 files. Once finished, click “send” and the recipient will receive it as a normal fax. The process is the same for sending from the mobile app.

To receive a fax, just log in to your app or eFax account. Click on “inbox” for your mobile app or “view faxes” on your eFax portal. Tap or click your received faxes to view them.

eFax pricing

eFax has two plans for customers to choose from. The eFax Plus plan and eFax Pro plan both have the option of monthly or yearly billing. At the time of publishing, the plans cost:

• eFax Plus: $16.99 monthly, or $169.56 annually ($14.13 a month)
  • eFax Pro: $19.99 monthly, or $199.56 billed annually ($16.63 a month)

If you choose the annual option, you receive two months free. Both plans have a $10 setup fee. If you send or receive more than your monthly allotted pages, each additional fax will be 10 cents per page. eFax offers a 14-day trial If you’re not sure which plan works better for you.

eFax FAQ

Does eFax really work?
eFax does work. It offers users incoming and outgoing fax options and can be used anywhere.
How long does eFax take to send?
The entire process usually takes less than two minutes for a single page fax. Dialing the number takes between 30 and 90 seconds, and the fax will take about 30 to 45 seconds per page to transmit.
Can you send an eFax to a fax machine?
You can send an eFax to a fax machine. eFax numbers work just like fax machine numbers, so you can send to and receive from a fax machine.
Can you send an eFax to a cell phone?
You can send an eFax to a cell phone. The cell phone will need the free eFax app to receive your fax.

Is eFax legit?

eFax is safe to use, especially in comparison to a regular fax machine. Instead of your information sitting on a fax machine for anyone to see, eFax files go to your personal inbox. eFax also offers enhanced security encryption that sends an email with a URL that logs you in with a TLS connection. You can then log in to view your fax. Enhanced security doesn’t cost extra, but you need to contact customer service to activate it. Overall, eFax is a safe and simple alternative to a regular fax machine.

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Very happy with the service, I truly recommend it! I called the customer service few days ago because I had some issues with my fax number and the customer service representative solved the issues very fast.

Hi Simona

We are over the moon that you are very happy with the service and that you got such great service the other day and that your issue was solved very fast. Much thanks also for taking the time to let us know about your experience, we really appreciate it. Should you need anything in the future, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

We are using eFax services for more than 5 years now - it's quite easy to use and very helpful. Contacted efax today for some minor changes. John was very helpful and easy to communicate with. highly recommended!

Hi Prabha

Thank so much for your wonderful review, we very much appreciate it and are even happier that you like the service and had such a great experience with John today.

We will be sure to let John know your feedback as he will be over the moon to know he helped and how happy you were.

If we can ever be of assistance in the future please do let us know, we'll be happy to help.

Much thanks

eFax Support Team

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

The customer service team is always there to help with any query on the product. They are very quick at resolving any queries related to sending, receiving or account management. Keep up the good work!

Hi Dominic

Thanks a million for your review, much appreciated. We are so happy to read you like the service and are delighted that the team have always been there to help you and been quick resolving your queries. Thanks for your kind words and we will indeed keep up the good work. If you do need anything in the future please do feel free to let us know and we'll be delighted to assist.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Last week I called the UK customer support line with a problem - we could not reach EU numbers. eFax representative John B. was pleasant to deal with, he managed to identify the underlying issue and came up with a solution - worked like a charm. Thank you!

Hi Jaroslav

Wonderful feedback, thanks so much for your review and taking the time out of your day to let us know how great your interaction and support from John B was the other day. We are delighted John was there to help and that he managed to identify the underlying issue and came up with a solution that worked like a charm for you.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Big thanks to both eFAX and Ereceptionist for the brilliant service, I got both fax and telephone line services setup in no time. Awesome people both sales and customer service team. #I would gladly recommend their services. Does exactly what it says on the tin!

Hi Michael

Much thanks for your review, we are over the moon that you like the service and got setup in no time as well as getting such great service from both our sales and service teams. We'll be sure to share your positive feedback with them and let them know how happy your experience has been. If we can assist you in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

eFax Support Team

Original review: June 22, 2021

I signed up for the 2 week free trial on my iPhone and was immediately charged. When I contacted customer service they said I couldn't do anything since apple billed me. I said how is this possible and I was told that the 2 week free trial only works if you sign-up online, yet the app even said there was a two week free trial. This is insanely shady to not find a way to refund and absolutely unbelievable that the app doesn't automatically wait 14 days to charge. Very shady and unethical company.

Hi Tyler

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of your personal experience. If you could email our social support team they will investigate this and assist you further, they can be reached at the following email socialsupport@efax.com.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 29, 2021

Updated on 06/01/2021: I tried to cancel a free trial on the website but the link under the billing tab did not exist in my account. They have no phone number listed and chat service was unavailable each time I checked. I contacted efax several times via email to cancel a free trial, which they refused. Following my multiple requests to cancel the free trial, they charged my credit card. My free trial stated it would end and the service works be $9.99/month. They charged me $14.59.

I placed a review on Consumer Affairs and they responded within 36 hours with a request to email them at a different email address. I did so, explaining the issue, and they continue to blatantly refuse to cancel the account, claiming they can’t verify me despite providing them all the information related to the account, and also refuse to issue a refund for the unauthorized charge.

Original review: I signed up for a free trial with efax and promptly canceled the free trial. I tried to cancel online but the option didn’t exist as indicated in their FAQs. I emailed the company 3 times requesting that the trial be canceled and they refused after each email to cancel the free trial. The company proceeded to charge my account for the membership following my multiple requests to cancel the free trial.

Hi Skye

eFax Support Team

Original review: May 27, 2021

I took a free trial of eFax in February and tried to cancel it many times but there was no option to cancel the subscription. Also, there is no way to remove the credit card details also. It has been billing me every month for the service. I have mailed them many times but getting no response. On calling them they disconnect the calls. It's a scam! Beware.

Hi Jyoti

eFax Support Team

Original review: May 5, 2021

The option to cancel and stop being billed is not available on the site. When logging a ticket I only get an automated response with the same instructions. When trying online chat, I also just get a bot with the same useless information. I have been billed for another month with no action from the company side to cancel. I do not understand how companies like these are still allowed to handle credit card information.

Hi Jacobus

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of personal experience cancelling. If you'd like to email socialsupport@efax.com we will be more than happy to assist you ASAP and arrange any refund needed and applicable.

eFax Support Team

Original review: May 4, 2021

It's impossible to cancel your subscription. On the website they say you have to chat with a representative, and then the representative says you have to go on the website. Then, they simply ignore your messages and stop answering. I definitely do not recommend eFax.

Hi Arthur

Thanks for your review and sorry to read of personal experience cancelling. If you'd like to email socialsupport@efax.com we will be more than happy to assist you ASAP amd sort things out for you.

eFax Company Information