1.10/5

271 eFax Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 14, 2019

This company continued to charged my credit card despite my canceling it two years ago in 2017. This is June 2019 and my May credit card statement shows another charge which I caught this time. CS refused to reverse the charges for 2019 and took 2 months away from my refund. This is a situation where when you try to cancel they refuse to do the right thing because you are never coming back anyway. Do not start with eFax, but if you do watch out for your proof of cancellation when you do. Terrible company to deal with.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I have not checked if they have charged the card (hoping they did not:), but managed to cancel via facebook. They did not need all this crap anymore: **. Just the last 4 digits of the credit card. My account seems to be still active, but it looks promising. It would be actually quite funny if the only way they accepted a cancellation was via fax. :)

---

Thank you for verifying the account. I have closed our efax account effective today. The confirmation number is **. You shall receive a cancellation email within 24 hours to confirm the account closure. Thank you and have a wonderful week ahead. Dee

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We were charged an additional $10.00 two times ($20.00) total on the same day. When I called to find out why, I was told that we had faxed over 300 pages. I later found out that it was only 61 pages so I contacted them again. The next lady that I talked to explained that they allow 60 seconds per page and if it takes 240 seconds for a page to be received then they charge for 4 pages. After asking several questions, she asked me if I wanted to speak to a supervisor and I said that I did. After holding for 15 minutes, I was hung up on. I contacted them again today and asked for a supervisor. I was told that supervisors do not take calls. This is a HORRIBLE company with terrible customer service. You do not want to do business with them.

Original review: May 9, 2019

They are set up to offer a ‘free trial’. I use the word free loosely as they immediately charge $16.95US, fax did not actually go through and continue to charge monthly. There is no spot to actually cancel this service. You need to call and have them do it. I called once and was not cancelled so then had to call back a second time after being charged again to cancel. Horrible customer service, kept on the phone for 45 mins debating with me instead of just cancelling. 0 stars was an option that is what I would give. This is a complete scam!

Original review: May 2, 2019

Had this service for a while, but faxes are really outdated, it worked while I used it. Cancelled the account, but was rebilled again. Called again to cancel -- was on the phone for 20 minutes working on the cancellation and credit back to my credit card. Received another email cancellation confirm -- will wait to see if cc is credited, then will make sure card is removed from account. Put on hold 4 times over 20 minutes to process this most recent cancellation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: May 1, 2019

I chatted with an eFax rep (bc I was traveling) to cancel my account before they charged me for another month. This person lets me know they are unable to locate any account with my card #, email, or name. I thankfully screenshotted the chat. About 2-3 days later I was charged for another month. I called & told them I tried to cancel & their billing rep said there was no account with my info.

I offered to send him the screenshots I have via email. 8 days have passed & no email response from anyone at eFax. I call again & had to explain the situation again, to which they said "sorry, we have a no refund policy." It didn't matter that I cancelled on time, & it also didn't matter that I had proof of what I was saying. They talk over you & are extremely rude, just so they can keep your $16.95. I had to call my bank & block merchant because I do not trust this company. The service they provide may be convenient for you for now, but you might regret it later.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I had some documents that I needed to have faxed in a short time frame, so I checked into this company thinking it would be perfect! Boy was I wrong! I contacted the place receiving the fax the next day and to my surprise it never went through! Even though the email said it did. Nearing the end of my free trial I tried to use their 24/7 tech support online and I couldn't get connected to cancel my subscription. After finally calling and sitting on the phone for almost a half hour I finally got it cancelled along with being told that I could not be refunded or partially refunded for the new month even though they could go in and see I haven't used their services. So in the end $16 down the hole for one fax that never went though! Such a disappointing company!

Original review: April 28, 2019

I kept receiving small charges in increments of $10 dollars each totaling about 60 dollars over a 2 week period. I called in to customer service and they told me I sent 1100 fax pages which is ridiculous. So I was being charged for these overages and no customer service person found it odd that I sent 1100 faxes. Because of this "unusual" activity, their words, they suspended my account and wanted me to send in Proof that the credit card they were charging was, in fact, my card. Meanwhile I could not log in to cancel the account because it is suspended, however, they are still able to bill my credit card, the one they want me to prove is my credit card. I ended up calling my credit card company and they put in a "Block Merchant" flag for eFax and disputed all of the charges.

Original review: April 16, 2019

If you use this service know that you will be locked in for life if you want to keep your phone number. They will let you port YOUR number in but they will not let you port THEIR number out. They claim they don't have to abide by the same rules as phone companies. Their customer service is subpar. They use low paying wages by hiring reps from India. Keep that in mind. Bad Customer service. They don't ever prorate your 1-year subscription. I decided to cancel my service with them after 14 years and wanted my phone number ported out. My subscription began December 2018 and it is now April 2019 and they stated there will be no refund. I wanted to just be done with them. Just cancel and I don't want your number nor your service. I am still not sure if they owned the number or if I port it in but there is no way out if you use their number.

Moral of the story if you use their service don't publish the fax number because if you print it on your business cards etc you will need to reprint them if you decide to change services. I figured I would just get a new number as that one was getting spammed anyway and they had no option to block numbers. Stayed with them to keep my number for years and finally I am FREE. Stay Away!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I had a 30 day free trial - I used the service once then attempted to cancel. To cancel your contract - you needed to either chat with a rep or make a phone call. This is where the fun starts! Once the customer service chat and phone rep knew i wanted to cancel. They actually pretended to not hear me or see my response on the chat line! Who does that? LOL. Tried multiple times to cancel. Now I'm going to begin to tweet them. They will be sorry they screwed with me.

Original review: April 4, 2019

In January the app didn’t work. Asked the rep to cancel it over the phone. Turns out the rep didn’t cancel it and they kept charging me through now which is April! He unlinked it from my phone subscription so it wasn't even visible in iTunes! They stated because I don’t have the reps confirmation number I am out of luck. Wasn’t able to send or receive a single fax with their system. The Rep didn’t even include a confirmation number after I canceled it today and asked for one specifically. Get everything they say they are going to do in writing in the email; with a confirmation number and double check it! Will never recommend it and will find more ways to make sure people know this company is horrible!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I signed up for eFax today and upon logging in, I saw faxes from previous owners. It is a HUGE security breach. Their faxes had subjects like loan information, bank information which would contain their address, social security, balance, etc. I can't trust this company and went ahead and cancelled my account. If I can see someone else's faxes, someone else can see your faxes. Stay away from this company. When I called the customer service, I was redirected three times and the guy on the other side said it's a "software glitch". Software glitch doesn't show faxes from 2016. This is been broken since then. This is a security issue and possible legal issue.

Original review: April 4, 2019

These people are all smoke and mirrors. Their eFax service worked fine - I attempted to cancel it via email - no, you aren't allowed to correspond through email. You can one thing through chat, another through phone call, a different thing through email. It is like a trap. The chat support didn't try to help. Just pressure into plan changes. No you cannot speak to a supervisor on chat - you have to call another number then they just do the same dance. Even getting through the maze of recordings is a joke. AWFUL customer service. AWFUL.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Just save yourself the frustration and do not even do the trial. Not only will they bill you beyond your request to cancel, but they will not refund your money to you. You can demand request to cancel all you want and they will cancel your account, but you do not get your money back. So you think, retain the account since you pay for it anyhow. Then you request to cancel at the end of the contract. That will not happen. Contract ends, so you think, but they have billed you again. Still no refund but a song and dance about how you should try their service...blah blah blah...as if you have not heard it already. I had to report the unauthorization to my bank. Cancel request confirmation. Do not care to use the service, ever again. If you read this and choose to do service with eFax, "caveat emptor."

Original review: March 30, 2019

I had an account with MetroFax till yesterday, (which is same as eFax from a consumer point of view). Both companies are just names under which they seem to operate, with J2 Global being their parent company. I had sent 2 faxes yesterday to the same number, one went through, other didn't. So I decided to check with support. I went to MetroFax chat support. I was told my account is on eFax etc. So I went to eFax support. I was getting no help, so I explained I may have to file a complaint if I get no help. The agent then asks me for my account number and card info for "verification" and immediately deletes my account! Speaking to a support had no help. All I get is, "It was human error"? The damage was irreversible. Thus this review. Never will I recommend this terrible unreliable service to anyone ever.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Yeah do not use this company. They are a scam. Immediately called in to cancel my trial cause I knew I would only be using the service once. Didn’t think about it again until I kept getting marketing emails - emailed customer service to confirm my account cancellation. The reply that they don’t process cancellations via email only on chat or phone was put in my spam folder so I never saw it. Then the charge came in. Spoke to chat that I had twice cancelled my account and it still hadn’t been cancelled. They said they didn’t process refunds via chat and I’d need to call and speak to a manager, but that they had cancelled my account.

Went to get my fax number in order to call and speak to a manager a few days later... THE ACCOUNT WAS STILL NOT CANCELLED! I was then told the company policy is to not issue refunds - aka we’ll keep forgetting to cancel your trial and charge you and then we have a policy to not offer any solution to you! They offered an account credit which I declined because I never send faxes- this was a one time out of the ordinary need! I just want it cancelled! and I was not allowed to speak to a manager after I asked for one. SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Original review: March 20, 2019

They acted like they offered me the lowest rate possible... until I went to cancel and then they offered me a lower rate. I kept them an additional year and then found out there were much lower rates out there. I called them prior to transitioning and asked if they had a competing offer. They said NO. So I went ahead and signed up for the other service and called the next day to cancel. At that point they were ready to compete for my business. They went lower 2 more times. It is incredibly frustrating to have to be ready to leave before they will offer a competitive rate. I said that I would like to proceed with cancelling my service... and the rep then said... "do you know your faxes will be deleted?" I began to ask if the cancel would be immediate or if I could log on real quick to see what was there. He said, "sorry, it's been cancelled."

Original review: March 9, 2019

Not only have not called me back to explain why the are not refunding me but I did receive an email initially authorizing to refund me. After I cancelled the service they continued to charge me and will not refund both charges. They are crooks. Do not sign up with them. I will continue to fight them and will contact the AICPA to make them aware.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I signed up for services from searching online for Faxing services as we all know actually. Parker reference **. I actually created a bank account separate just for this service as I was suspicious of any eFax company out of California mostly because it is the common strategy used for China, India and other Countries to mask a company whereabouts. But we need online fax for my illness as insurance only pays through submissions of fax billing. The first month I was charged 16.95 x 2. Guess this was my first mistake allowing this to take place but we needed the fax services.

Then following this charge each month 16.95 from a new country well you can figure what happens. My bank halted the charge as fraud, by the time I approved a convenience fee was added. 4.99 now. Same services are being charged. China guess what? This triggers another Fraud Alert. Now they add 16.99 more and over and over until I find out I owe them 49.98 not for any months used. This is for the months forwarding meaning I was paid to date but to continue I needed to pay almost $50.00. WHAT A JOKE. Just do yourself a favor and avoid this company and their INDI Customer Support. Who knows this company? May not even really be located in California or China Vietnam or some basement in Turkey. I would have given them a -5 stars.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Agent hung up and refused to confirm that I would no longer be charged now that "cancellation is underway". This whole company is a scam from no confirmation when apparently purchasing, to not being able to locate my account when I immediately notified them that I didn't intend to purchase a subscription. When asked to cancel I was told I was unable to cancel through email, once I called the automated system didn't give me enough time to enter my fax number, then after finally getting through agent hung up on me. $17 a mo for a service I never needed. Worst company I ever dealt with. Coming from someone who works in customer service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

They offer 30 day free trial, but charge you anyway. If you call to cancel, if you are lucky you will get someone in India who you can't understand. After you cancel, they still charge you every month, and you can't reach anyone. Total scam, avoid these jerks.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Dont do it! I signed up for free trial, sent one 5 page fax which they ended up sending 3 times and was charged $10 for each send. Called to complain and the India call center people hung up on me twice. Terrible. Cheaper to go to UPS store and send fax! Crooks.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

When I attempted to cancel, I was told (via online chat) that the 'online tool is down - please contact us later'. I recorded the conversation and told them that I would report it. As of now, I do not know how to free my credit card from this company.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Signed up for “free eFax.” After downloading the app I got a welcome letter stating I would be charged 19.99 per month... Have tried phoning and chat, phone says chose option 1 or 2, then goes on to tell you they didn’t get your choice and disconnect you. With chat they kept asking the same questions, then tell you they have to transfer you to a different dept… (in my subscriptions on my phone, I have charges for 2 eFax and another eFax plus being billed for close to fifty bucks). After an hour and a half on the phone and chat, said ** it. Talk about ** for customer service, eFax sucks!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I signed up for a trial and go to cancel later on the chat. After sitting through a couple "Please don't go. We will give you this," bs Dan said it would be canceled and an email sent. Ok so I got the email and later went back to see if it was really canceled and if I could remove my card and guess what? Dan claimed not to know me and my account wasn't canceled. Go figure... So after copying and pasting the cancellation email word by word and going off about how they are no better than Indian tech support scammers he again said, "Sorry your account will be canceled for real this time." I honestly doubt that and if I get charged at a later date I will update my review.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

This company claimed that they were refunding my money and canceling my service. Now I've discovered that they have charged me again and are claiming that they don't do refunds. This is exactly the same complained that hundreds of people apparently have had about this company. What is the purpose of this site if not to stop companies like this one?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I started a trial but called to cancel the trial. The thieves at eFax went ahead and billed me and would not cancel despite emails to them. They then tried to say that I called to cancel but then agreed to a free month. Nothing even close took place. My conversation was quick and simple... I cancelled and that is all. The folks at eFax are thieves - DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I used to use eFax years ago, on a trial basis, I decided to see if I can have a need for it again. However, I found that I didn't need this service at this time, so I canceled, my service was canceled right away, however, BEWARE apparently, what they claim is free is not, if you cancel THEY WILL BILL YOU AND IS NON REFUNDABLE. Nothing you can do, in this day and age this practice is not one we need to use or put up with, too many options out there. Ring Central is actually a great option and I will no longer use EFAX. Not because I was unhappy with their service but because their practices are unethical as a company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I signed up for an account to use for work. When I left the job, I sent in my cancellation notice, giving 10 days notice before the next billing cycle. The company charged me for the following month anyway. When I contacted them to have their mistake corrected and my money refunded, I was told that it was against company policy to refund my monthly charge- all this on the 3rd of the month, mind you. I asked for an email address to which I could send the original cancellation email and was given a link to their website. The services I got were actually pretty good- I likely would have used them again- that is until I was met with a customer service team that showed me the company's true colors. If you won't give them your money, they'll just take it anyway.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I've been with the service for many years, but over the last two years, I started receiving junk faxes and spam. I did some research and found some better options, so after I was automatically billed for a recurring year, I immediately called to cancel a few days later. They refused and have worked hard to defeat my dispute with American Express. So for the moment, the charge stuck, but then when I logged in, they cancelled my account anyway. In a nutshell, this is a company that is hoping to lock you into recurring billing with zero flexibility, even though at the very top of their agreement it clearly states: "CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CANCEL ANYTIME". Be warned before signing up with eFax.

eFax Company Information