3.9/5 (461 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About eFax

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

Top eFax Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have been using this service for a few years and it made my life much easier I can say. The support team is amazing, gives you very fast resolution all the time and they are all...

Verified

We have used eFax for over 10years. The service is reliable versatile and above all the customer service is fantastic. The web interface and the mobile App make it extremely flexi...

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

What is eFax?

eFax is a company that offers online fax services with no fax machine required. eFax is wireless and lets you send and receive faxes from anywhere. You can do this using a computer, email, the eFax app or the eFax messenger system. Customers can choose their own local, international or toll-free fax number.

eFax also offers electronic signatures, file sharing, unlimited third-party cloud storage and an enhanced security option. The free app is available for desktop and mobile.

The company offers two plans to choose from. The eFax Plus plan lets you send 150 pages and receive 150 pages per month, while the eFax Pro plan increases to 200 pages each. The plans don’t allow you to combine the number of pages that go in or out, however — you’re limited to 200 sent faxes even if you don’t receive any.

How does eFax work?

Using eFax to send and receive faxes is a fairly simple process. To send a fax by email, you compose an email and address it to the recipient’s fax number, followed by the eFax email suffix. You can attach up to 10 files to the email. Finally, hit “send” and your fax will be delivered.

If you’re sending from a computer, go to the eFax website login page. Enter the recipient’s address, fill in the fax information and attach up to 10 files. Once finished, click “send” and the recipient will receive it as a normal fax. The process is the same for sending from the mobile app.

To receive a fax, just log in to your app or eFax account. Click on “inbox” for your mobile app or “view faxes” on your eFax portal. Tap or click your received faxes to view them.

eFax pricing

eFax has two plans for customers to choose from. The eFax Plus plan and eFax Pro plan both have the option of monthly or yearly billing. At the time of publishing, the plans cost:

• eFax Plus: $16.99 monthly, or $169.56 annually ($14.13 a month)
  • eFax Pro: $19.99 monthly, or $199.56 billed annually ($16.63 a month)

If you choose the annual option, you receive two months free. Both plans have a $10 setup fee. If you send or receive more than your monthly allotted pages, each additional fax will be 10 cents per page. eFax offers a 14-day trial If you’re not sure which plan works better for you.

eFax FAQ

Does eFax really work?
eFax does work. It offers users incoming and outgoing fax options and can be used anywhere.
How long does eFax take to send?
The entire process usually takes less than two minutes for a single page fax. Dialing the number takes between 30 and 90 seconds, and the fax will take about 30 to 45 seconds per page to transmit.
Can you send an eFax to a fax machine?
You can send an eFax to a fax machine. eFax numbers work just like fax machine numbers, so you can send to and receive from a fax machine.
Can you send an eFax to a cell phone?
You can send an eFax to a cell phone. The cell phone will need the free eFax app to receive your fax.

Is eFax legit?

eFax is safe to use, especially in comparison to a regular fax machine. Instead of your information sitting on a fax machine for anyone to see, eFax files go to your personal inbox. eFax also offers enhanced security encryption that sends an email with a URL that logs you in with a TLS connection. You can then log in to view your fax. Enhanced security doesn’t cost extra, but you need to contact customer service to activate it. Overall, eFax is a safe and simple alternative to a regular fax machine.

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Nicoleta L. has always been very helpful! Whenever an assist is needed she responds and provides the solution very quickly and efficiently. She also gives a very positive impression to refer back to her whenever an issue is faced.

eFax response

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback Rawan. We are very pleased to hear that Nicoleta provided you with excellent service! We appreciate you for sharing your experience here with us and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: June 11, 2022

They helped me by email very quickly. I had a question and they replied right away and were very kind. Their website is easy to use and setup was super fast. I set this up to receive a fax since I don't have a fax machine. Would definitely recommend.

eFax response

Thank you so much for your excellent feedback Home! We are very pleased to hear that our service provided you with prompt assistance and convenience! We appreciate your time in sharing your experience here with us and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Representative Nicoleta L was able to listen to my issue and resolve quickly, and my account. She was able to do all this while I waited patiently over the phone. Customer Service Advisor - Consensus had a very short hold time. She did a great job.

eFax response

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback Wanda! We are very pleased to hear that Nicoleta provided you with prompt and excellent service! We appreciate you for your time in sharing your experience here with us and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: May 20, 2022

Eveldina is professional, kind, and it has been a pleasure to talk to her! I like the way she took the time to explain the products. Her patience to listen the client needs it has been notice. I just want to leave here a comment so the customers satisfaction does not pass unnoticeable! Thank you Eveldina and have a great day!

eFax response

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback Catheras! We are very pleased to hear that Eveldina provided you with excellent support! We appreciate you for sharing your experience here with us and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: March 2, 2022

I was expecting a fax and checked my account to see if it had come in. I found that my account was suspended, but I hadn't recalled getting any notices. I called CS and got the Ireland help desk. We could barely hear each other at first, and I thought, "Oh boy....this isn't going to go well." But I got Stefan P. Multilingual Customer Service Advisor, Consensus Cloud Solutions.

He was extremely (my payment hadn't gone through). It hadn't occurred to me because I was using a company card but found that the expense was locked out of my card. Once we worked out getting the payment to go through Stefan P activated my account and waived my late fee. Even though this was a simple and common problem, I decided to post this because I was planning to cancel the account when I called in, but left feeling like I was with the right company all because of my experience with a real human being who was kind, friendly and helpful, which is a great combination.

eFax response

Hello EJ, we are very pleased to hear that Stefan provided you with a positive experience and we are thankful for your time in sharing your wonderful feedback with us. Should you require any assistance or have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us anytime or message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I would certainly be very wary of signing up to eFax especially with an annual account. They never send a reminder that your fee is coming up, they never send a payment confirmation after they have taken your money or even any advice when the payments have increased. Which they do, randomly for no reason....constantly. They will happily take your money and change the amount on you without advice. I signed up 13 years ago, and yes, I should have noticed the one single annual payment each year, however it blended with my other business expenses and I never used the service, and they NEVER ever sent me one single email, or reminder, or payment confirmation and I did not change my email address that entire time, so it may even be illegal to bump up pricing without informing your subscription customers.

eFax response

Hello Kate, our service subscription will automatically renew by default as stated during sign-up and via the welcome letter sent to you after your account creation. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via our 24/7 Support or message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: July 27, 2022

I'm a college student who needed to get some health records. They would only fax them to me, and I don't have a fax machine, so I had the thought that I could use a service like eFax. I ended up getting them in person. So I never received a single fax. HOWEVER, I have paid this company $40 - because they will NOT let me cancel. I tried to cancel the night before the 14 day free trial expired. They told me I couldn't cancel because I had a balance due - the $18.99 for the first month, that I was trying to cancel instead of use the service for. So, I didn't cancel as I didn't owe that balance - I contacted customer service, multiple ways. (Not by phone, since I was not in the US at the time and they don't provide phone service internationally.) Of course, the next day I got charged, but I did not fret: surely they'd refund me once I explained the situation. No. Not only did they not refund me, most of my contact got no response.

Not only that, but the one response I got from a person who clearly understood I wanted to cancel did NOT result in the service being canceled. Nor did my cancellation of it online... Because THIS MONTH, I got charged ANOTHER $18.99, for absolutely no service. So, I've gone online and cancelled again. Even though I did so as soon as I noticed the credit card charge, within 3 days, I guess I still have to pay for this entire month of useless service? I've sent an email, but clearly that won't get me anywhere. Who knows if this cancellation was even effective. The customer service is terrible. The fax service is ridiculously overpriced. It's intentionally impossible to cancel. My experience with eFax has been incredibly unpleasant and costly, I was just trying to get medical care and this has cost me $40 for absolutely no benefit. I don't have $40 to throw around. Don't just make people's lives worse.

eFax response

Hello Victoria. This is not the experience that we wish you to have. You may cancel your account by following the steps on this link: https://www.efax.com/cancel. Otherwise, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: July 18, 2022

I signed up for the free eFax trial. I sent one fax to test the service. It took several tries to even successfully be sent. I decided not to proceed with the efax past the trial date. I went to cancel the service and was unable to. They stated I was already in the paying phase, even though I was still (by days) in the trial phase. I was told to send an email to the support desk. I sent an email requesting the service be canceled. I never received a response. I was charged the monthly rate and in addition, the resolution when I contacted support was to offer me a different monthly efax plan. There is apparently no credits available for anything associated with efax, per the support person.

eFax response

Hello Lindsay. We would be happy to assist you in reviewing your account. Please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details in order for us to further assist you in regards to your issue. ^RA

Original review: July 6, 2022

Always dismayed when people seem to try to keep you captive to a service - Was looking through some billing and found two eFax accounts. Looking at it, seems like we had been customers for 14 years, but last few years had practically 0 use. Our responsibility for not keeping track, but ran into several negatives while trying to cancel our service.

a> No ability to cancel online, I had to talk to somebody via either chat online or phone.
    b> Called via phone, and of course got a 'high volume' and told to go online.
    c> Joined via chat, waited more than 15 minutes to get connected. Started process, then while waiting for the cancellation to be processed I got distracted for a bit, got a "do you want to keep a discounted version" followed by a "you have taken too long and will be disconnected".
    d> Once reconnected again, went from #1 in queue, to 2 to 3 to 4... not sure if I was flagged as a 'wanting to cancel' customer or what, but had to wait again to get reconnected and make my same request.

e> Amusingly, even though I was logged into our account, nothing carried over into chat, so had to revalidate all info again. Chat was also having an issue and everything was showing up twice (my messages and their responses) making the whole thing even more unprofessional.

Beyond making it difficult/time consuming to do this (spent over 30 minutes when it was all said and done), our proactive vendors on other platforms would have reached out to us based on lower usage and realigned us to a more appropriate plan. Also typically there would be some kind of pro-rata refund when cancelled (especially just 2 months into 12 months), but I get that's a personal business decision as well. Not what I would consider customer friendly.

eFax response

Hello Ian, this is not the experience that we wish you to have. Online cancellation instructions are available on this link: https://www.efax.com/cancel and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: May 14, 2022

CONSUMERS, BE AWARE!!!! For the past 24 months, the faxing service that we signed up for and agreed to pay $19.99USD per month has cost us over $300USD per month. When signed up after the free trial, we chose the $16.99USD per month. Still, we were contacted by their sales team using terms such as "limited time offer" and "HIPAA COMPLIANT Service" to pressure us to the more expensive package. Yet a few months later, we found out there is no package that would be "Unlimited," nor does the company offer it for a "LIMITED TIME" despite the evident change in subscription from $16.99 to $19.99, the company denied ever knowing or offering such service.

When we tried to move the service to another provider with better reviews and actual unlimited fax pricing for $12 per month, eFax blocked the transfer (porting) of the number to another service provider. The fax number that was advertised to all our customers and vendors was now locked to eFAX, and stopping service meant losing the advertised fax number. COMPLETE SCAM.

eFax response

Hello Arman. Unfortunately, we currently have no plans that can provide unlimited pages. If you do not require any HIPAA compliance for sending and receiving PHI documents, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist you in providing you with plans that are compatible with your needs. ^RA

eFax Company Information