Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

3.6/5 (175 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About eFax

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

Top eFax Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have been using this service for a few years and it made my life much easier I can say. The support team is amazing, gives you very fast resolution all the time and they are all...

Verified

We have used eFax for over 10years. The service is reliable versatile and above all the customer service is fantastic. The web interface and the mobile App make it extremely flexi...

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

What is eFax?

eFax is a company that offers online fax services with no fax machine required. eFax is wireless and lets you send and receive faxes from anywhere. You can do this using a computer, email, the eFax app or the eFax messenger system. Customers can choose their own local, international or toll-free fax number.

eFax also offers electronic signatures, file sharing, unlimited third-party cloud storage and an enhanced security option. The free app is available for desktop and mobile.

The company offers two plans to choose from. The eFax Plus plan lets you send 150 pages and receive 150 pages per month, while the eFax Pro plan increases to 200 pages each. The plans don’t allow you to combine the number of pages that go in or out, however — you’re limited to 200 sent faxes even if you don’t receive any.

How does eFax work?

Using eFax to send and receive faxes is a fairly simple process. To send a fax by email, you compose an email and address it to the recipient’s fax number, followed by the eFax email suffix. You can attach up to 10 files to the email. Finally, hit “send” and your fax will be delivered.

If you’re sending from a computer, go to the eFax website login page. Enter the recipient’s address, fill in the fax information and attach up to 10 files. Once finished, click “send” and the recipient will receive it as a normal fax. The process is the same for sending from the mobile app.

To receive a fax, just log in to your app or eFax account. Click on “inbox” for your mobile app or “view faxes” on your eFax portal. Tap or click your received faxes to view them.

eFax pricing

eFax has two plans for customers to choose from. The eFax Plus plan and eFax Pro plan both have the option of monthly or yearly billing. At the time of publishing, the plans cost:

• eFax Plus: $16.99 monthly, or $169.56 annually ($14.13 a month)
  • eFax Pro: $19.99 monthly, or $199.56 billed annually ($16.63 a month)

If you choose the annual option, you receive two months free. Both plans have a $10 setup fee. If you send or receive more than your monthly allotted pages, each additional fax will be 10 cents per page. eFax offers a 14-day trial If you’re not sure which plan works better for you.

eFax FAQ

Does eFax really work?
eFax does work. It offers users incoming and outgoing fax options and can be used anywhere.
How long does eFax take to send?
The entire process usually takes less than two minutes for a single page fax. Dialing the number takes between 30 and 90 seconds, and the fax will take about 30 to 45 seconds per page to transmit.
Can you send an eFax to a fax machine?
You can send an eFax to a fax machine. eFax numbers work just like fax machine numbers, so you can send to and receive from a fax machine.
Can you send an eFax to a cell phone?
You can send an eFax to a cell phone. The cell phone will need the free eFax app to receive your fax.

Is eFax legit?

eFax is safe to use, especially in comparison to a regular fax machine. Instead of your information sitting on a fax machine for anyone to see, eFax files go to your personal inbox. eFax also offers enhanced security encryption that sends an email with a URL that logs you in with a TLS connection. You can then log in to view your fax. Enhanced security doesn’t cost extra, but you need to contact customer service to activate it. Overall, eFax is a safe and simple alternative to a regular fax machine.

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I call for a billing problem and I speak currently french because I come from Québec (Canada) and I have problem to understand people who speak faster in english. The first customer prepose have a bad accent and speak very fast and after I ask him to speak slowly, he prefer to transfer me to an other customer preposee.

Marie, the customer preposee, answered to my problem of overbilling because my cancellation online a month ago did worked. I ask her to speak slowly because I speak currently french but have difficulty to understand english when people speak fast. She offer me to do directly my cancellation online an offer me the opportunity to have free fax service until the 25th of September. She was really kind and mentioned me that she have a french name 'Marie', but don't speak this language. She take the time to explain me the offer and she was empathetic to my situation. Really good personalized service. Thanks Marie!

eFax response

We are glad to hear you had such a great experience, Christine! We will be sure to let Marie know about your wonderful feedback, and if you need any further assistance, please let us know at socialsupport@efax.com ^JW

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Very happy with the service, I truly recommend it! I called the customer service few days ago because I had some issues with my fax number and the customer service representative solved the issues very fast.

Hi Simona

We are over the moon that you are very happy with the service and that you got such great service the other day and that your issue was solved very fast. Much thanks also for taking the time to let us know about your experience, we really appreciate it. Should you need anything in the future, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

eFax Support Team

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had an issue logging into my account. The agent was very friendly and helpful and sorted my issue quickly. I Would recommend this Company for your Fax Solution, easy to manage your faxes online and assistance is there when needed.

Hi Lorraine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review and feedback today, we are delighted your issue was sorted and the agent you spoke to was very friendly and helpful and sorted my issue quickly. Should you ever need anything in the future, please do let us know and we will be more than happy to help out.

Much thanks

eFax Support Team

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I don't usually write reviews, especially for a positive experience, but I am so happy with the service I just received from eFax. I was dreading making the call, but the team was able to help with my question so quickly! Happy I did so. :)

Hi Mimi

Thanks so much for making the exception and leaving us your wonderful feedback. We are over the mooon that you are happy with the service and are delighted your question was answered quickly. Should you need any further assistance in the future please do let us know, we will be happy to help.

eFax Support Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

We are using eFax services for more than 5 years now - it's quite easy to use and very helpful. Contacted efax today for some minor changes. John was very helpful and easy to communicate with. highly recommended!

Hi Prabha

Thank so much for your wonderful review, we very much appreciate it and are even happier that you like the service and had such a great experience with John today.

We will be sure to let John know your feedback as he will be over the moon to know he helped and how happy you were.

If we can ever be of assistance in the future please do let us know, we'll be happy to help.

Much thanks

eFax Support Team

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I completed the subscription form, but then changed my mind about subscribing immediately (because of conditions that were disclosed only at the end of the process). I never used the service. I wrote to them the same day, and several times after that, to request closure of the account and a refund. They closed the account after several months and never refunded the 13.20 that I paid for nothing. These policies are not up to normal business standards. I would avoid this company in the future.

eFax response

Hello Douglas. This is not the experience that we wish you to have. We would be happy to help you in regards to your inquiry. Please message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist! Thank you, ^RA

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

This company advertises their data sheets for their eFax security https://go.efaxcorporate.com/online-fax-to-email-for-business?leadSource=Search&leadType=Adwords&sourceURL=Google&campaign=14184251189&nw=g&geo=21143&device=c&adgroup=125770787499&kk=efax%20corporate&mt=p&pos=&place=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7MGJBhD-ARIsAMZ0eetpHLNBPKvQAbXfx3llhg5Rul3Z3LJtE8sWefwutOMrCCQaCtvk3wkaAueDEALw_wcB.

The levels of security is the same for efax Corporate and Consensus. Our system was working fine. They changed our service without consent to Consensus. We were held hostage. Our business was held up for 3 day with phone call after phone call only to be told to email this person or that person. No one would help us. We even tried call J2 Global. This company is a scam. The only way we could get our faxes back was to open a new account, pay more with less service. We were talked down to as if we couldn't understand IT terminology. They will not release the fax number so they can keep ripping off their customers. Please look to another service and save yourself the headache and money.

eFax response

Hello Vanth, this is not the experience that we wish you to have with our sister company eFax Corporate. Please message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to review your inquiry with our sister company. Thank you, ^RA

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I cancelled my service in 2019 (see partial chat thread below to validate). They charged my card in 2020 but unfortunately I did not notice it. They charged again in 2021 and I noticed it. On 7/28/21 I spoke to Eda reference # **. She followed up via email on 7/27/21 (see below) saying they couldn't find any record of my account and to dispute the charge. I disputed the charge with AmEx and AmEx responded by saying efax / J2 denied my account was cancelled. I suggest not using their service because if you ever need to cancel you may find yourself in a bind. They owe me $169.50 from 2020 (too late to dispute charge) and $169.50 for 2021.

email from Eda at efax 7/27/21.... "We apologized for the inconvenience but, we can't locate an account using all the given information. Also asked the higher support team, and they cannot locate an account with the charges of $169.50. They advised calling the bank to dispute the charges. The reference number for this email is **." 10/7/19 chat thread to cancel. Mark **: "How long before it is cancelled?" Joey **: "Your account is cancelled and you will receive the email shortly."

eFax response

Hello Mark, this is not the experience that we wish you to have. Please message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to review your account. Thank you, ^RA

Resolution response: Aug. 17, 2021

Upd. Someone reached out to me with confirmation of the cancelled account. Resolved.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Tried this service once, but then I could not access my account, login does not work, the password won't reset, and generally rejects any attempts to get past the login. This is scary, considering they have my PII and credit card information and permission to charge. I decided to cancel it, so I called and, surprisingly, my call was answered quickly by a human, and a very professional rep, who promptly took care of my request to cancel my account. However, I have not received a confirmation of cancellation, and generally feel this request has never reached a resolution, especially considering numerous reviews I've seen here from customers unable to get their subscriptions canceled. I also tried online support, but no reply there.

So, what do we have here? A subscription service that scams you into signing up with your credit card info, which then locks you out of your account and disables you from accessing or cancelling your account. If you happened to transmit any faxes, you can't even access those records. Have I mentioned they have your credit card info and can pretty much do whatever they want with it and you can't stop them? Class action, anyone?

eFax response

Hello Anna. We would be happy to look into this matter for you. Please message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist!

-RA

eFax Support Team

Original review: July 8, 2021

We started out using Efax services as an individual account. Then we migrated to a corporate account. Efax failed to merge the two account and kept billing us for both accounts monthly. When we contacted Efax, they said we were supposed to send a specific email instructing them to cancel the individual account; although we told them this verbally while setting up the account. So, we sent the email confirming we wanted to cancel the individual account. Guess what? They still billed us for both monthly for subsequent months.

When we requested a refund of the months billed, they only refunded one month and ignored our request to refund the other month; Even though the request was made way ahead of the billing cycle. NO ONE acknowledged receipt of our email requesting the refund, but when we were signing up they were diligent in making themselves available. When we requested they cancel our corporate account due to improper billing, they did so immediately, never asking what the problem was. STAY AWAY from Efax. Do not enroll in automatic payment. Do not even give them your payment information. If you've been with them for a while, please check your past invoices and payments very carefully. This has been a nightmare. I wish I'd read the reviews before signing up with them.

Hi Carmel

Many thanks for your review. We are sorry to read of your difficulties but believe these should be easily fixed. If you could reply to the private message with your eFax number (s) we will look into this matter right away.

eFax Company Information