1.14/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

eFax

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

eFax Reviews

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Need to called them few times because representative could not find my account anyhow and hung up the phone, did not let me speak with supervisor, could not do nothing with my received junk faxes that I been charged for, no one speak good English.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I opened an account to send a fax overseas, and very shortly after (2 weeks) it was un-accessible and closed down. I called the customer service to know what was happening and they asked me to send my credit card picture to be able to go further. I didn't as I started to be suspicious. However, a few weeks later, they still charged me a monthly subscription. But the account was closed again. Not to mention, that the fax I wanted to send out never went through without I received a notification about it. So I lost one month subscription and I didn't have any fax sent out. The service is clearly a scam.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Terrible service. They don't cancel upon email request and keep silently charging for their useless service. Every single attempt to send a fax with them failed. I CLEARLY RECOMMEND - NEVER EVER USE THIS SERVICE.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I emailed to cancel before my trial offer. They refused, never cancelled, then charged my credit card. DISPUTE this transaction to your CC Company. They are a FRAUD, DO NOT USE THEM. Bad, outsource company to India. Trained to say No NO NO refund.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I was deeply grateful to eFax's customer service representative for making it easy to obtain a refund for services I did use. I expected there would be a lot of hassle, but this was not the case. My full refund was credited to me within 48 hours of contacting them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

You sign up for the free trial and then the website makes it intentionally frustrating to cancel your subscription. You cannot cancel like a modern website, and they don't even give you an option unless you scour the internet yourself. They do not even give you a refund for the service you will not use. I cancelled my subscription as soon as I saw the billing statement on September 3rd. I requested a refund but they simply referred me to their crappy agreement that doesn't allow for refunds under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

You can only cancel through speaking directly with an agent whose English is hard to understand and is incredibly rude, hanging up on me when I wanted to cancel, I wasn't even being difficult. On top of that, it took a frustratingly long time to actually cancel because they tried several times to keep me on an alternative plan when I repeatedly stated I only wanted to cancel, I did not want the service whatsoever. These people ought to be ashamed of themselves for consciously scamming their customers and running a business that's archaic and rude.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I signed up for a 30-day trial of efax. I tried to send faxes but they were NEVER received. I've been trying for weeks to cancel but it's impossible thru app or website to figure out how to cancel. I sent an email hoping for a response & didn't get one. Then efax charged me $16.95. After googling many times "How do I cancel efax? What # reaches efax?" I found a # to reach efax (India customer support - VERY difficult to understand). I am told they cancelled my acct but it's not refundable. So essentially it cost me over $24.00 to try & send a fax that never went thru.

I ended up going to OfficeMax who charged me $6.95 to send 4 pages + efax charged my cc# $16.95. What a crock. I think efax MAKES it very difficult to cancel purposely so they at least get $16.95 from everyone who signs up for trial...then can't figure out how to cancel. I'm FURIOUS. Filing a claim with my bank. I'll be damned if I'm paying $16.95 in addition to the $6.95 I paid at OfficeMax because my faxes NEVER WENT THRU ON EFAX.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I requested to cancel this account in December of 2018. I did it via email and was told I had to use the chat with us option which I attempted. I waited in the queue for over 40 minutes, got busy and had to stop using my phone. At that point in time saw another charged come January. I emailed them to cancel my account, give them all my information, told them I had already sent in a request. Again happened in February, in March I didn't notice any charges. I thought that it was resolved, same for April and May. Come June I notice a charge because my balance was low and upon review of the previous month's notice they had charged me but it got mixed in because I had a decent balance in my account and it didn't catch my attention. Notified them again to cancel my account.

This has been an ongoing issue in July. I contacted my bank to recover some of those charges, they gave me a temporary credit but then reversed that credit since the reoccurring charges has taken place for more than what their time frame allows. Just contacted them again via email and was basically told that they will not honor my demand to cancel unless I use the chat option. So I go to use the chat option, wait in the queue for 30 minutes, speaking to someone for the following 15 and they confirm with me they have a request on file that I put in in February but do not feel they are in the wrong for continuing my account since it came via email. They refused to refund me any of the previous charges even though over the past eight months I have submitted over six request to cancel. This is freaking ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

This company is absolutely terrible. I cancelled my subscription in writing, to which customer service refused to respond, then found a charge for the next billing cycle several days later. When I spoke to a CS supervisor, he told me that "no one in customer service" had the authority to issue a refund for the unused service because a link at the bottom of my welcome email said cancellation had to be done via chat or over the phone. The company does not even have legal standing to reject a Contract Termination Letter. I would strongly caution anyone against using this company’s services. Worst customer service I’ve ever received in the United States.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Signed up for the 30 free trial and I sent one fax. It took forever to try to send and it was terrible quality. I tried to cancel and good luck with that. Then they start charging for things and will not refund the scam charges. This company is a fraud and they know it. They just get your money and move on. Stay away from them.

eFax Company Information