1.11/5
Based on 149 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

279 XFINITY Home Phone Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE! Each person you speak with says different information or will put you on hold for a hour. When you ask to speak with a manager or someone in charge supposedly you cannot do that because managers do not take customer calls. What are they doing if they cannot speak to a customer? I would not recommend Comcast to ANYONE. It has been a month of back and forth with them for us to get nowhere. Have been on the phone for 3 hours just today with each person giving me completely different problems with our service even putting my husband against me saying they spoke with him when he has not talked to them at all.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased an iPhone 7 from Xfinity Mobile last year. Last week I purchased an Apple Watch and needed to switch carriers (because Xfinity doesn't support Apple Watch). I paid off my cell phone in full before trying to switch carriers. I was initially told it would only take up to 72 hours to unlock my Xfinity cell phone. When I called back 3 days later I was told that that was incorrect information and that it actually takes 5-7 BUSINESS days to unlock the phone. It's now been four business days and the phone isn't unlocked. It's outrageous that in this day and age (2018) it would take longer than a few hours to complete this process. It seems to me I'm being punished for switching carriers.

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Worst experience with Xfinity was today. I found out that the people who set up my account lied to me, and then put down the wrong contact information so that I would not see the error when I never got a bill. Now that I did not get a bill for 30 days I called and asked about where my bill is and I find out that you are charging me and extra $60 a month over what I was initially told, and now that it is past the 30 day mark I can't have the issue fixed unless I want to pay a termination fee. That is some seriously shady business practice. Jerry ID# **. Robert ID# **. Neither of these individuals were willing to help fix the issue, quite disappointed.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have had Xfinity for more than 5 years. The bills have gone from 80.00 per month to a now a whopping 210.00 a month. I am not and have not been under a contract in a long time. I called them and told them that I am on a fixed income and I could not afford this. They had nothing for me. Called corporate and the same thing. As long as I have been with Xfinity the bill has NEVER been the same. Different each month. They don't care about their customers and never will. I had last year a customer service person from a regional office harassing us in the middle of the night with her personal phone. We threatened them with a restraining order and they still kept her employed. Bad company.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I even reported fake service technicians coming to my home with their ID and they did nothing to fix the problem. They have extremely poor customer service. They tell you what you what you what they think you want to hear and not what will happen. Their services are terrible. It is not as promised. I would not recommend them to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: July 3, 2018

Xfinity company is the worst cable/internet company out here. They are some ** scammers! We signed up with them in December to get Internet and cable. We are Football fans so in order for us to get NFL network, we had to upgrade to the 105.00 a month package. Guess what they decided to do without notifying us?? They decided to take NFL network out of our package without telling us and then adding it to a higher package which would mean we would have to upgrade again to get that channel.

Now we are under a contract. They told us that although we are in a contract, they are allowed to make changes within it. That is some **!!! The representative that spoke to me is Latisha. She pretty much told me that it’s nothing they can do and that they actually added the changes in fine print on the bill. Like that’s so sneaky and ** up stuff. We don’t even get paper bills. We pay on the app. We are so over this company!!! Not fair to do some sneaky ** like that to customers.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I received an outstanding bill this month, after talking to a customer rep I find out my current package expired. I switch to cheaper package: when all was complete the customer rep told me the new price change would take effect immediately. I called on the 8th of June as soon I received the EcoBill. Fast forward I'm still stuck with the same high bill and according to the main office in Philadelphia the bill generates on the 5th of every month. If this is true why am I getting a bill on the 8th. They said I will see the difference the next billing cycle. Let's see how this goes. This is not the first time this has happened. The last time Comcast did this it took nearly 4 month to reimburse the difference and mainly I was on top of them. Rita the executive office customer rep in Philadelphia THANKS FOR NOTHING.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We are going on day 5 waiting for our phone to be connected. We were coming from Verizon to Xfinity. We had 2 phones. Mine ported over right away. We are one day 5 for my husband's. On Monday at about 11 am I walked into Comcast. Finally at 3:45 I walked out with only one phone activated. I spent 2 hours on hold from 5-7 still no answer told me to give it 24 hours. The next day spent another 2 hours in the store and at least a total of 4 hours on the phone. Still no answers. Told to wait 24 to 72 hours. In the meantime we have no phone service on one phone. I've called 2 to 3 times a day and the same answer, "We moved you to tier 2." I've had every person tell me that they will get back to me I still have not received a call back from anyone.

I received a email to call them. I did and I went through the same thing of telling them everything they needed to know for at least the 10th time and I get the same answer, "We are working on it. Give it another 24 to 72 hours." Verizon ported the number over and Comcast lost it and don't know how to find it is what it boils down to. So now we have no working phone. They won't even give a temporary number on my old phone til they can figure it out. I want to return the phones and go back to Verizon but they lost our number. Verizon might be a lot higher but we at least have service.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I just saw that Mike Cavanaugh the CFO of Comcast made 40.64 million dollars in his first eight months with the company. 6 million of that a cash bonus. I just checked my bank and seen that since 2011 I have paid over 10k to Comcast for tv & internet. Have had nothing but problems. Still nothing resolved and my bill is over 300.00. Limited Basic includes 164 channels = 2 church, 2pbs,16 are in Spanish, 28 HD channels do not get, 2 cartoons, 6 shopping networks, 20 channels on channel lineup aren't on the tv to even watch, 12 are duplicates and 49 channels are music. Oh by the way try getting rid of tv and get a Fire tv set up and pay HULU 40.00 plus a month and then Comcast gets you for over data usage. Just an FYI Comcast OWNS 40% of HULU. Something must be done.

Original review: April 23, 2018

On 4/9/2018, my mobile phone I have thru Xfinity shut down. I took it to the local store to see what could be done. Nothing on the spot. A replacement phone had to be ordered and shipped to me via FedEx. In doing so, the agent provided FedEx with an incomplete address and FedEx did not deliver the phone on 4/11/2018. FedEx returned the phone to the sender. In a series of visit to the store and online chats, phone calls being made at the store and more, I am still without a phone or any type of resolution. This is my only phone. I am a senior citizen who lives alone. I haven't a phone to call 911.

I am on a fixed income, purchasing an additional phone would create a financial hardship. I also have a minor disability. As of today, 4/23/2018, I am without a phone or a positive communication from Comcast Xfinity despite promise after promise. All that I have gone thru is documented by me. I feel abused, all well as having my civil and human rights violated.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I was a very loyal customer of Comcast Xfinity for a while and had been contacted by Comcast for a special Promotion they were having offering me more channels line up for basically the same price that I was currently paying. I had informed the representative that I would be moving from current address to Newly Built home in a couple of months. Date not set as in process of being built, they advise won't be a problem. Would be able to use their transfer of services. I contacted them on the moving service dept to set up the transfer and they informed me that per checking their database there would be no issue hooking up services at the new home address. I go through my whole ordeal of closing and moving into new home to find that I have waited almost a month of no service being available to me while still paying for the service bills forwarded to the new address.

Software complications and poor communication on Comcast part between the matter of transferring of the services as they had informed me multiple times a line surveyor would need to be sent out to see if area would be able to receive service in area. Mind you I was already informed prior to moving in the service was available. Now already moved in to new home and not once was I advised of there being an issue with the area it was set to be surveyed.

Well this process did not go well as well as the line surveyor had told me that there was no service available in my new built home area but this info was not relayed to Comcast dept so that they can process a "cancellation of no access" in my area for my acct and I was yet again left to have to make numerous calls out to Comcast, being placed on multiple long holds to try and find a resolution to my issue, as the Comcast inside reps yet again used their database for entering my address and kept informing me that the service is available. I basically got sick of the issue and not having any internet, cable and phone service that I used what worked in local area per my neighbors’ assistance to locate the reputable companies to use and also asked if Comcast was available in area in which they replied "NO".

There is no service availability for the area I was in. After all the ordeal with having to deal with reps, surveyors, escalation and management conversations I was simply advised I was going to be charged for breaking the contract and that there is nothing they or I can do about it. I was even harassed by a representative pawning himself off as a manager, if this is the merit you hold your managers up to I simply advised he can speak with my attorney on the matter as I am not a lawyer and he was simply trying to use legal wording and paraphrases to prove either how smart or dumb he wanted to make himself seem. After this I was placed with their collection dept and was contacted by multiple reps in regards the matter.

I stated my point on the reason I feel I am not liable to pay this fee and they simply did not care. I did on my last account just wound up paying the fee as the rep on the line tried her best as it seemed to get this escalated but I had informed her I have taken all processes available. She had offered to get the matter addressed and it has led to being placed in her collection plate. I didn't want this to affect my credit report and this was the only reason I paid this fee. Comcast was a good service provider until there is an issue with them that requires more than just a computer to resolve, there was no customer service here just ways to collect on the matter. Very disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

It appears that so many people, all over the United States, are unhappy with Xfinity/Comcast. I would like to be added to that growing list. I live in a 1,700 square foot, single story house. Just a plain, simple home! I could not get internet connection from one end of the house to the other. I purchased a booster thinking that would help. No such luck. I have called Xfinity many, many times explaining the issue... Never once did they offer to send a tech. out to check why we can't get internet connection throughout the entire house. Oh, and before all this - we did have two modems, one price, one account and great internet connection. My hubby went to the Xfinity Store to exchange a remote that wasn't working. With that - one modem was turned off - why?!?! Who knows - except Xfinity. Telling the customer service people this - did no good.

So, I was told that I would need another modem - however - Xfinity only allows one modem per account/house. WHAT!?!? I am the only account - and now I need two of me to get another modem? How does that work? After numerous calls and talking to several people - the solution was/is... I now have two Xfinity/Comcast accounts for the same house and the same service. I am paying one bill for TV, phone and internet and now another bill for just the internet. I have been made into two people with one service in the same house - using my middle initial to open the second account. Can Xfinity get any more greedy? Oh - why yes they can... Trying to make a payment online was not working (the bill is not due til' next month). So, I called. Yes, they could take a payment over the phone - but it would cost almost $5.00 to do so. "Is this OK?" Oh heck no, that is not OK - and I hung up.

So, suppose you are late on your bill and want to make it right by paying over the phone. People who are late, usually are, as they are short on funds. I know, that is not Xfinity's problem. However, how greedy can you get Xfinity? Give those people a break and quit charging an extra $5.00 to make a payment! After all - you are getting a heck of a lot more than $5.00 from me by double billing me for the privilege of using your internet service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Going on 3 days now. I have been lied to 4 times about getting a call back to restore my internet service. They have failed to update my new phone number after several requests. Girl this evening promise callback in 13 minutes and service being restored. She went home. No callback. They even tell me that I don't even have a modem. I've reset it twice and it recognized the modem existing both times. I'm lost for words trying to describe the total ignorance I have experienced with these idiots. Going with different service. Pathetic company. They offer you to take a survey in 30 minutes. Phone does ring in 30. But it's a totally dead call. You get the chance to say nothing. They should be investigated and forced out of business by the FCC. And customers refunded just for the aggravation they cause.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I found out that my daughter had been receiving receipts from Xfinity concerning WiFi on demand pass. She does not have a bank account and our family account has NOT been used. Since it's once a month I believe she is receiving a free trial each time. When I called Xfinity they told me it's not their responsibility. It clearing states in their terms and services "Be at least 18 years of age". My daughter is not old enough and some of these passes have been at 3am. Xfinity wanted to tell me how to control my daughter. Is there legal action I can take?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

The original deal when signing up was not honored. The employee that was in my home with the deal and set up the equipment was later fired for similar issues and yet I was considered locked into a contact that was not what I agreed to. Then 2 years later I was given charges that I hadn't agreed to and thought I had at least cleared that part up 2 years prior. I was on long holds and given unnecessary roadblocks. I was not put through to a supervisor when asked.

I have 3 adopted medically fragile children and work full time as a single mother. I have a child that has been in the hospital more than out over the last two years. She requires 24/7 support. I'm coordinating in home care with several providers and just do not have time to spend hours on the phone. I often had to get off before any resolution due to really lengthy waits and being needed for care.

Finally, yesterday after being on the phone for over an hour, I was able reach someone willing to listen and work with me. I was able to get the $32 of unfair charges removed for movie channels I never wanted and have someone willing to look at the basic plan I wanted versus what it had been changed into. I canceled all services because I can not trust this company to do what they say and work with me in a timely manner. Cleared that part up.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

When we signed up for Xfinity security, internet and TV services, we wanted to buy our own modem instead of renting (more expensive). Technical support gave us the specs on which specific modem to purchase to operate all the Xfinity features that I wanted to use in my home. Yet, we are still having issues after a full year of service with them.

I have called multiple times, but nobody has provided a solution, except for me to spend more money buying a new modem or renting one from Xfinity to try to fix the problems we are experiencing with internet and our security system. I was just on the phone for two hours, and spoke with two different departments, and then was told that nothing could be done. I'm at the point of canceling all my services with xfinity, and writing reviews on every online outlet available to share this horrible experience. I would like to speak with someone in corporate offices that actually cares and would like to offer a solution before I do so.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Set up service for internet over their chat with "Jatinder" for $49.99 without an agreement. There was a problem with their appt and it didn't happen. The next day called their "retention" department. She told me I could "self-install" with my own modem but also set up an appt for the next day for a tech installation in case self didn't happen. The same day, I bought my own modem and self-installed over the phone with a tech. The system was doing good, but 5 minutes later, he went to cancel the tech installation appt for the next day as it was not needed anymore. Then the service went down and he had no idea why. He then tried to transfer me to "higher level" support, but hung up on me.

After wasting another hour, finally found out the tech wiped out my whole account when he went to cancel the appt! When called the retention again, she said she could only start a new account and give me a rate for the day, not what they had wiped out, but she said within 2 days, she would change the $79.99 dollar a month rate back to $49.99 per month rate. I got the new account and had to spend another hour for self-installation. Of course, 2 and 3 days later, they never changed the rate back to what I had agreed to over chat originally. I called to cancel and they gave me a hard time. I have never dealt with any business that has so little regard for a customer's time, and does not hold to their words. I canceled and walked away.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Xfinity is awful. You think you're getting a bundle for 99 a month then after fees and renting boxes it's 159. Plus I got behind a month because I'm a single mom and it's up to 500 with fees. I'm ditching cable now, going to just internet and Roku. Xfinity is a rip off and over 75 percent of channels I don't even watch, plus they are unwilling to work with me. And I usually get someone from a foreign country I can't understand.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I had the worst experience with this company. A technician (working on another house!) came over and shut off our wifi because it was "interfering with the entire blocks wifi". They never informed us they turned it off, and when we called and requested a technician to show up he never came. We have called three times since, each time being transferred 4 times to separate departments for a total of at least a 2 hour phone conversation. This company is so unprofessional and by FAR has the worst customer experience I have ever had to deal with. The reasoning for shutting off our wifi was because they had previously messed up the wiring and requested that we pay them an additional $60 to for them to fix their own mistake. I go to IU, and most students here have had a horrible time with this company. I highly suggest no one purchase anything from them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Internet Plus Choice - Approximately one year ago, Comcast Xfinity up-sold my wife a service package. The package selection was her choice, no problem there. Today, 9/15/17, I was asked by her to look at our bill as there was going to be yet another price increase. I noticed a few anomalies. We were being billed for a combo package including a rental for a set-top box. We do not have cable TV in our house and only have been using internet services provided by Comcast. We were being billed for a 250Mbps internet connection. I assured them there was no way we were getting these speeds. When I went to the local location to ask about this (291 NE 223rd St, Gresham OR), I was told they had mailed us a set-top cable descrambler as well as a new internet modem. I assured them this was not the case. They looked in their system and determined we were using an outdated modem.

When I asked them to refund our over-billed portion, the assistant assured me that we were actually saving money even if we were not utilizing all the services and showed me some made-up pricing tiers, and asked would I like a new bundle since our contract ends in a month? “So, we can get cable, HBO and faster internet for a lower price than just an (slower) internet connection?” I was told emphatically, “YES!” Do I look stupid?! I am complaining that this is fraudulent billing. Yes, we selected a performance package. Yes, it was a bundle of internet and cable. However, we were never given the set-top box REQUIRED to receive their cable signal. Nor were we ever given an upgraded modem and only had their old technology incapable of the speeds they were billing us for (which was readily researched through their system).

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

About 15 months ago, we upgraded from Xfinity's "up to 75 Mbps" internet service, from which we rarely got 30 Mbps of download speed, to its "up to 150 Mbps" service. For the first several months we were delighted by speeds consistently over 100 Mbps-- never the promised 150 but far better than what we had experienced with the lower level plan. I run tests regularly using Ookla and have noticed that in recent months download speeds have steadily dwindled into the low 40's. Two issues: We are not getting the contracted service Comcast promised, and Comcast is overcharging us for the service that is being provided. Oh, one more thing - Xfinity regularly drops service, usually 6-8 times weekly, and sometimes that many times in a day.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I was over paying for internet service, so I cancelled my service with Fairpoint. After shopping around for high-speed internet with tv in my area, my wife and I decided on Xfinity. So I called them. The salesman was American. He explained everything to sound so good, it started out about $19.99. Then we bundled and upgraded and the price went up. Then we got free installation and discount and the price went up some more. So now for 150 channels and high-speed internet we were looking at $149.95 a month. My wife tells me that we haven't had cable in ten years and to quit being so cheap. So I agreed, we'll take it! Then the salesman finds a past due amount of $279 for the back rent on their equipment from my previous service with Comcast about ten years ago. Bummer.

Well I inform the boss lady of the house to our new obstacle. She tells me to pay them and get internet, so I give the guy my credit card info and he put me on hold for about ten minutes. He comes back on the line and tells me that the debt I owe is older than seven years old. He explains that it would be illegal for them to try to collect a debt with this age. I'm like, "So do you want the boxes back?" He tells me that they are old and obsolete and nobody has a use for them. I'm like WOW! So we schedule a time for installation like 22 days later! And I'm like WOW again, nothing sooner? No. Ok so 22 days of hotspot on the phone and the 22nd rolls around for my install. I take a day off work for this.

The Xfinity guys show up, introduce themselves very professionally. Then he tells me I have a past due balance of $279 and as soon as I take care of that I could be turned on. Yeah they told me I didn't owe anything then they drove to my house and demanded the money like Gangsters. So I called Xfinity billing in Pakistan and that conversation went nowhere. Basically the way she explained it to me if I returned the boxes and paid the $279, I would be in the clear. But if I paid the $279, the back rent for the equipment would still come and returning the equipment alone wouldn't be satisfactory.

Well I guess they were betting that I couldn't do without TV and would just pay up. But instead I told them I would not be making a payment today because this wasn't the agreement made between the salesman and myself. Long story short is a salesman will lie to make his commission and cable company customer service is an oxymoron. The only satisfaction I get out of all this is I'm not giving Comcast one red cent. I am pretty sure they lost a couple hundred on an install that they can't collect on. DirecTV is coming in the morning with the same deal for $99.95 a month. So I'm giving them 1 star because you can't give them any less to write a review.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I recently experienced an outage for both my cable & Internet service which was due to the cable line being cut by our lawn service company. This was easily preventable if the Xfinity tech had buried the line underground which I'm pretty sure is required by law. Instead the tech ran the line thru the bushes to the cable power source. I called customer service and as usual they were apologetic, but useless. They offered to send a tech out in 3 days which I told them was unacceptable as I didn't have any cable or Internet service and needed it fixed ASAP. They told me that I was fortunate that it would be only 3 days as it's normally seven. I then went to the local Xfinity store and was told they would send an email to the regional manager who I have yet to hear from.

I did receive a call from a lady in India reading off a script that again was nice but utterly useless. My takeaway is that they will keep referring you to someone else till you get exhausted or give up. They are a monopoly and could care less about their customers. They would not know what the term service recovery is if it smacked them in the face. I'm also sure they are watching their bottom line by not hiring more tech service people and don't care that it takes several days to get a service appointment. I'm sure their business model would be different if they in fact had more competition. I really hope that streaming becomes more mainstream and they may change their culture and become more customer oriented. The cost certainly does not match the service! If I could have rated them 0 stars. I certainly would have.

Original review: July 26, 2017

From June 08 of 2016, until June 28th of 2017, I had a "promotional deal" of $19.99 a month for digital basic, + surcharges and fees, a total bill of $26.56. I knew the deal was ending on June 28th 2017, so I returned the box to the store on June 27th 2017, and was going to cancel my service. The Customer Service person at the window said to me, " Look, someone has already given you another "promotional deal" so your bill will be the same, you don't have to cancel." So, I asked what my amount in full to pay off my bills would be, and she stated, $27.36 will be your new amount, so just IGNORE what the bill says.

Okay, well, I made the payment of $27.36, and I took my box back home, and the next month, July 2017, the bill was NOT what she said it would be, there was NO promotion of a total she gave me and the amount of the bill was. I cancelled my service July 15th, and paid my final bill of $11.54. NO more was to be owed. I was called with another promotional deal, I decided to take it, I went to my local store and picked up my a cable box yesterday July 25th 2017.

The box is no good, it is old and scratched up and the remote control didn't work and was extremely dirty with dried Ketchup on it, and I had to clean it with a Clorox wipe before touching it. I am having to return the cable box today. Also, I noticed there is a "balance forward" on my new bill since I accepted the new promotion. It says I owe a total of $49.87! I do not owe a partial charge of $22.51, as I paid my final bill on July 15th of $11.54. This bill is wrong. I am cancelling my services today, since I have only 30 days to cancel not have a 110.00 cancellation fee. I am finished with Comcast.

Original review: July 25, 2017

They will cut off your service if you can't make your payment on time even when you are on Social Security on small income. They have your email and they never phone or email. My phone is my life line, is my emergency phone so when they disconnect it seems so alone and I call them and say I can't talk to a supervisor and I have to deal with a so called Customer service rep, they do cut you off a lot.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I had Comcast for over 4 years. After my divorce I wanted to cancel my subscription. I called to cancel my account but they gave me the runaround. Hang up the phone after saying I wanted to cancel, saying that they couldn't cancel because I needed to return equipment, but I had returned my equipment. 4 months of calling to cancel and they finally said they would cancel. But this was a lie. What they did was charge me for the equipment (which I had already returned) and added a $350 charge for canceling and then sent me to collections without a word to me about it. This company is criminal. If there are any class action lawsuits, please contact me.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Signed a 2 year contract for tv, internet, and phone service a year ago. Set up an auto monthly payout from my bank to them for the service. In April 2017, I opened a statement from them which showed I had an outstanding balance. After many hours spent on the phone with them, I come to discover that I was being billed for Netflix since December of 2016. Never ordered, as I already have an account with Netflix. After two months of wasted time on the phone with them without any resolution, I discontinued service and went back to AT&T. Since that time they have continued to bill me, at the non-contract amount, even though the equipment was returned and they were formally informed of my cancellation. The amount is now up to $637.06 as of a statement I just received. I guess It's time to go to small claims court.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Even signing up was a hassle! They pulled my credit each of the 3 times I called. Went to make my first payment today using the automated system and it transferred me to a human who tells me I have to use the automated system! Come to find out, the number I have for my account showed closed! The open account is under some bogus number I've never heard of! The sales people are just as crooked clearly as the company itself! I have 3 accounts with XFINITY, 3 credit inquires, 2 closed accounts and 1 active with a phone number I've never had! They told me the only reason this can happen is cause I have a prior balance. I HAVE NEVER HAD XFINITY! I have only ever had satellite in the past! Do yourself a favor. DO NOT USE XFINITY, save yourself the headache hassle and multiple hard inquiries! Even paying you out bill will be a hassle. Consumer beware!!!

Original review: June 24, 2017

I just moved in here in Rome, GA. It'll take a week before I'll have service. It's just disappointing how come they won't add people to provide quality service to their customers. I need the internet for my business. How come Charter Spectrum can handle your requests right away and visit your place if you're having problems with your service. I have a bad feeling with the Service I'll get from XFINITY. As soon as I know that there's other internet provider, I'll switch right away.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Earlier this afternoon, while I was in the middle of an time-sensitive email, a tree branch fell on the Xfinity cable running from the telephone pole to my house and disconnected my Internet. With no Internet, I have no phone, so I went immediately to a neighbor's house and contacted Xfinity to report the problem and request service. I spent nearly two hours in online chat and on the phone with up to five representatives. In the end, the best they could promise was a technician visit FIVE DAYS from now. I live in the suburbs in New Haven county. This is not some inaccessible remote area. Five days to have my Internet restored??! The tech likely has only to crimp on a new connector and reattach it. In the meantime, we have no Internet (which is used for work, as well as fun) and no phone (no Netflix, either!! Grrr).

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

XFINITY from Comcast offers Internet, television, smart home and telephone services. Consumers can receive discounts by subscribing to more than one XFINITY service. The company’s home phone service is available in nearly 40 states and the District of Columbia.

• Unlimited nationwide plans: XFINITY’s plans include unlimited local calling, and some plans also offer unlimited long distance calling. Consumers can choose the plan that is best for them.

• Extra features: XFINITY Voice has smart voicemail so customers can access their voicemail from anywhere and subscribe to readable voicemail. The service also includes caller ID, three-way calling and call waiting.

• Carefree Minutes: Consumers who frequently place calls to locations outside the United States can add on Carefree Minutes. They can use 300 minutes of international talk time for one monthly fee and pay a discounted rate for overages.

• App: The XFINITY Connect app, available for both Apple and Android devices, allows customers to make voice calls through their smart devices. They can also answer calls to their home phone number through the app.

• Online support: Customers with questions or problems can visit the Support section of XFINITY Voice’s website. They can download a welcome kit, set or change their security PIN, learn about popular features and troubleshoot their devices.

• Best for: XFINITY Voice is best for individuals who want the reliability of a home phone with some features available on mobile devices and who live in an XFINITY service area.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

PA
19103
www.xfinity.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business