XFINITY Home Phone Service

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am thinking of cutting my landline with Comcast. Too often, I cannot get a dial tone, or I get a dial tone and when I dial, the phone call does not go through. I have to reboot the cable modem several times a day. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I am paying over $200 a month for this. Comcast, please get your act together. If they didn't have a monopoly here I would switch.

So unreliable and price is ridiculous. 200$ a month for this garbage always cutting off and damn sure isnt as fast as they say it is.

My phone service is intermittent. They have been here twice. They check the modem, find that it is working and leave. The phone works about 75% of the time, but occasionally this problem re-emerges -- people cannot hear me when I answer or vice versa when I place a call. After their first "service" call, I replaced my telephone, thinking perhaps that was the problem but no change. Calls to Comcast are unsatisfying. They always want to start from scratch by sending a "refresh" signal and never seem to refer to history. I simply do not know what to do next.

I own a sales office and in the last 6 months we have been left without service for over 8 hours. I called customer service department and not only do I get disconnected, but they can't get a technician out for over 2 days. In the meantime I am left without service. Terrible service all around.

I can not wait until my contract is over with Comcast in January!! I left AT&T because they could never get my billing correct but I've never experienced anything like the horrible business service at Comcast. For the last 6 months, my service has gone down 5 times that results in a complete business shut down until they correct the problem (usually told it will be corrected around 5 pm or so). The problem, as I'm told over and over for the last 6 months, is due to a bad node somewhere in the area that crashes my service. I believed them the first two times they told me this but how can they keep saying it's the same problem and never fix it?

The worst part is, my phones are tied into my internet service, so when my network goes down, my phones go down. Rather than them calling me telling me there is a problem, customers that I've worked with call my cell to let me know that my business phone number says it's no longer in service. Just like that. Comcast doesn't even bother to automatically transfer my business number to my cell until I call in and request it. Then, they act as though they are doing me a favor... What gracious customer service people they are!! I had hoped that Comcast Business was better than their residential service but that depends on where your business is. As for me, I'm leaving this awful company as soon as possible and unfortunately will have to go back to enduring billing problems, but at least my phones will always work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

I just got off the phone with Jessica from billing who has offered $40 off my bill for their major power outage a few days ago. I find it pathetic for a business this size to not have any kind of contingency plan or even an apology for a failure of this proportion. I was eager to forgive when I got an email from them the next morning after the power outage and the hour that I spent trying to get our phone line back up... I thought it might explain how the outage occurred, what they're doing to fix it, what to expect in the future, an apology... but nope. It was just a marketing email. Jessica was quick to inform me how they were "all hands on deck" in the billing dept during the outage and that they had done everything they can for everyone. I told her she wasn't doing everything she can NOW though. Just when I thought a bad taste couldn't taste any worse, only Comcast could pull it off. Thanks for listening.

We were with AT&T and we decided to go with COMCAST because it was to be cheaper. Let me tell you that we are paying more now and the service is extremely bad. We have been without a phone system since 12:05 PM and according to COMCAST's automated system, the service will not be restore until after 6:30 PM today. Our office closes at 5:00 PM and the lines must be transferred to the answering service. Our business depends on communications with medical staff and patients and it is unacceptable for a company to run its operations like that. We would cancel the contract with COMCAST and will obtain service with a better provider.

I've been trying to remove phone lines from our large Comcast phone account. It has taken me 8 calls (I was disconnected several times - sounded like a hang up, but the next service rep insisted their phones are poor quality. Why does the PHONE COMPANY have bad PHONE SERVICE?) and it's not done yet. The service rep was harsh and spoke over me when I told her what the last rep explained to me. I've spoken to 4 people during this and every single one has given me different information on how to go about it. Now my business is interrupted and my costs are increased because Comcast can't provide their own employees proper information to handle customer service requests. I hope to be able to cancel my entire account with them this year.

Let me preface this by saying that I have never gone and left a bad review for anything. Do NOT get Comcast. I have had Comcast since February 2015, and we were supposed to have a locked rate for the first year of our two year contract. What a joke. I think one month since we have had it, our bill was actually accurate. We have been overcharged every month other than that. We were even charged $200 for a visit that never happened nor had we even called to have someone come to our home.

I'm also my mom's caretaker. She needs a phone obviously for emergencies at the very least. There was an outage for their phone service on a Monday and her phone never came back on. Friday, they made an appointment for Monday between 10-12, but said they would try and send somebody on the weekend. Then Monday came, they tried to call the home phone first that was not working - idiots - and asked to move the appointment for a different day. We said "no", and they agreed to come between 1-3 that day instead. 3:30 came and nobody showed.

After another phone call, they said they can't come until Wednesday. Will they show? I don't know. Shame on them for not coming to fix their pathetic equipment/service for a disabled lady who desperately needs a phone. To summarize: Comcast is terrible. The only reason I have them - my husband wants the SEC channel. Doesn't seem worth it to me. Comcast - step up and take care of your customers and stop coming up with fake fees when you already over-charge.

The phone service is lousy. If you dial one number many times it is forward to another phone number. Also, Comcast does not keep its promises. I negotiated one deal for one year and two months later, they denied the deal and gave me a higher rate.

Service sucks!!! I've been 18 days w/o incoming calls. CS doesn't know how to instruct. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE... THEY SUCK!!!

Contacted Comcast on January 18, 2016 to request a cancellation on one of my telephone business lines as it was no longer needed and to cut down on telephone bill. Very simple and straight forward request is what I thought! First Agent who answered my call listened to my request, spent about 15 minutes explaining that I would not need to cancel the line and that Comcast would offer me a promotion service that is cheaper per line (than current) and that would cut the cost and keep my lines unchanged. This Agent however could not perform the transaction and switched me over to “Loyalty Dept” for further handling!

The second agent from the so-called Loyalty Dept also spent approx 15 minutes going over my service and came up with empty handed. He offered me a service that resulted in NO savings (basically what I’m currently paying). At that moment I expressed my frustration and requested from the Agent to proceed with my original request; "just simply cancel one of my lines", I told him!!

This second Agent advised that his department could not perform such transaction and switched me over to a third agent at their “Retention Dept”. After listening to my request and frustration. This third agent examined my phone bill and agreed that I was paying too much and that he was going to “put a smile on face” and help make some changes. But he asked me to hold and switched me over to a FOURTH agent for handling!!!

This fourth agent (also from “retention Dept”), spoke another 10-15 minutes explaining to me that she could NOT make any changes because the previous agent had “locked” my account under his name, and that she will have to contact him to be able to discuss the service! And supposedly she emailed him to ask that he contacts me back. She took my contact information and promised that I would get a call the next day. BUT she also informed me that her department (retention dept) would not be able to make any changes and that I will have to speak to the “Tech Dept”. This would have been the FIFTH agent by now. But by then, she rushed me off the phone and told me that they cannot do anything anymore as their office has “closed” (it was about 5:00 pm by then).

So after spending approximately one hour speaking with 4 different agents, none could help me with a VERY simple request! Instead, each agent gave me the runaround and switched me over to another agent. And at the end of day, they refused to help as they claimed their office has closed. It’s been 3 days since they promised to call me! I’m STILL waiting for that call!!! I’m not going to call them back as I want to see if they will EVER make that call. Comcast by far has one of the worst customer service. Seems like their agents are trained to scam consumers, give them the runaround and not provide them with solutions, especially if you are trying to cut cost!!!

The rating should be -100 stars. My company moved it's HQ to a new location back in October. The migration of all phone services has been nothing but a nightmare since day one. We planned this moved since January 2015 so with 10 months of planning you would think that things will go as smooth as possible. But you are wrong because Comcast is completely incapable of doing what they say they will do. I have spent entire work days on the phone with Comcast, trying to fix the phones' issues!!!

Within the first week, our "Rep" disappeared. He met with me on the first week and promised to take care of everything and to assigned people to work on all the issues. That was the first and last time I heard from him. We have three people "assigned" to the account, and none of them have, actually, reply to any of our messages (emails and voicemails). In fact, the only person who has done anything to fix our issues has nothing to do with my account. So since there is no one assigned to the account, every time I call there are a different person and every time they fixed something and then they messed up something else or something that has been fixed two days prior. So it's been a vicious cycle since October.

On the month of October, I spent an average of 5 HOURS per day 4 TIMES at weeks on the phone with Comcast, working on the same technical issues, over and over again. When they fixed the technical issues, I got billing issues and had to spend another two weeks trying to fix the bill. To find out today, that, in fact, the bill still incorrect! I've been charged $900 more than the contract states. This Morning, Monday, December 21st, 2015, I have already spent an hour on the phone with two different reps, trying to activate one voicemail. Plus, every time I call I have to correct my contact/billing address. Every time!!! How incompetent are these people!!! The worse is that I'm tied up to a three years contract. This is like a Twilight Zone episode...

I recently switched from AT&T to Comcast. Last week, during our busy holiday season, our phones and internet was out at prime time for over 2 hours. Could not take customer calls, process credit transactions or receive online orders. Over last weekend the ability to access the web was out for at least 30 minutes. This week, over the last 48 hours we have been unable to receive online orders and other correspondence to our email account. No response from Comcast. Left 3 calls on the open ticket. Comcast has cost us business, impacted customer satisfaction, and we have had to implement costly manual work-arounds. Will need to switch providers to stay in business!!!

On December 11, 2015 my mother and I went to Comcast located at 7201 N. Federal Highway, Delray Beach, FL, to make decisions regarding her bill. We waited 35 minutes before we were called and the representative that called us his name was James. I first made a payment on my mother's account of over $250 and I asked James if he could help us understand her bill as well as help us find a plan that could help my mom because she's on a fixed income. I explained that she was disabled and there was a language barrier.

James told us that we should go home and call customer service and see if they would transfer us to the retention department. He stated that the retention department may be able to provide us with a better plan. I told James that I wanted him to help us being that we were in the store and if he could take a look at my mother’s account. James stated that my mother was paying for voice service, two minutes later he said that he had made a mistake and she was not.

He then stated that there was a plan of $89.99 that had more channels and the same price my mother was paying. Then another five minutes he checked the system and stated that the plan no longer existent. He said my mom’s bill was $119 and there were no other options or plans available. James once again for probably the fourth or fifth time told us that we should go home and call customer service and see if we can speak to retention and maybe they could assist us further.

I told James that my mother was handicapped and elderly and in poor health and was actually at the doctor’s office today and that after waiting for 30 minutes and another 45 plus minutes speaking with him - I did not think it was appropriate - I did not think it was the good customer service - and I thought it was counterproductive for us to leave the actual office and go home and spend another hour on the phone calling customer service and asked why was he not able to help us. I told James at that point that we needed to speak to supervisor.

For the next 30 minutes James refused to get a supervisor, he walked up and down the office, he came back three more times and told us that there were no supervisors on premise. He finally found someone named "Loua". We saw him talking to her in the corner and in the bathroom and I believe that she was not a supervisor and that he coerced her into pretending to be a supervisor. She came over and was very disrespectful and basically told us that there was nothing that could be done and that exactly what James said to call customer service was what we needed to do. I explained to her that we wanted to simply know if there was a better plan, but at this point we wanted to file a complaint.

They refused to assist us with going through the bill - they refused to help my mother find a plan that would better suit her - and told her that what she was paying was the only option. They refused to get an actual supervisor when we requested it over a dozen times. This was a nightmare and unreal. They should no care, no understanding and a complete lack of professionalism. Pretending to be a supervisor and refusing to get a supervisor when a customer request one is deceitful business practice. It shows a complete lack of integrity.

I have been unable to make a phone call using my home phone for 4 mos. Contacted Comcast (on my reliable AT&T cell phone) and Comcast said I needed a new cable modem. Installed it, still did not work. Then they sent a tech. Made things worse, now no outgoing, incoming and TV problems. Tech was supposed to return the next week and never showed up. The final straw was this weekend when the bombings took place in Paris. My son is there as a West Point student studying abroad, and he was unable to contact me using the home phone, while my cell was charging. This is unacceptable as we also do not have 911 service. I have had Comcast service for more than 15 years with an average monthly bill of $275 and expect functional service.

We had appointment schedule for tech on 1 pm Sunday. The guy showed up at 12:30. He comes into the house, checks the problem and tells me "oh I forgot my tools in my other truck and I will be back in 20 min." Well we waited all day. When we called him around 3 pm he said "yes yes I am on my way." At the end when we called customer service (who are really clueless) they said "your appointment has been rescheduled." There was no way they were ready to hear that we DID NOT reschedule. Monday morning Tech shows up and he said the issue is not from Comcast. Then Two hours later other tech comes and he says he can fix it, well he "fixed" it. Now my phone is not working at all. Now other tech is schedule for tomorrow. Let's see what happens?

How to avoid charges for information for phone numbers w/ Comcast? First time happened, refunded! Use 411 next time, but I don't trust. Took 45 min; never solved. I can't afford. Who handles number please for the U.S.? I have NO way to find out!

THE SALES REP KATELYN IS A LIAR. BEFORE I SWITCHED FROM AT&T I asked her "If I have any problem with the lines inside the building or outside who do I call?" KATELYN replied "You call Comcast. We have that service." Now my 2nd line is not working and customer service tells me that they don't have this kind of service. Now my business lines are down - Comcast is not there to help. I hope you go to hell KATELYN. Don’t call Comcast.

I'm a Comcast Business customer. I have had my service connected for 2 month and still NO help from Comcast regarding my service. But I did receive my bill ON TIME!!! Comcast technician comes out to install, although Comcast claims their technicians do not do any wiring, this particular Technician decided to rewire all my working phone jacks. He admitted it to customer care and his supervisor, however Comcast refuses to address the issue claiming they are not responsible for the technician's actions.

So we have had to run 50 ft phones line throughout our office. (How embarrassing when customers come to do business.) I've called customer care 10 or more times, all I get is poor customer service and indifference. So you ask, "why not change services?" Answer, we waited for weeks to get connected, and another 2 weeks to finally get our phone numbers corrected. Our phone numbers are listed on all our marketing materials and website. In addition to that, I was told by another service provider that Comcast can take up to 45 days before they release our phone numbers. (So we are being held hostage.) So, it's No service for my customers to reach us, or incredibly horrible service for us.

So, I've decided to fight back, I will continue to post everyday. I've contacted a local News Reporter, and my attorney is checking on the legalities of hiring protestor to picket on our behalf. Sooner or later they will have to fix what they broke and honor their promises and BILLS they seem to find a way to generate without a hitch! P.S. I never received my $200 GIFT CARD either!!!!

I have been with Comcast for one year with a contract for which after that year I could negotiate a new one. I knew it was up in August but when I got my bill they already raised my bill over thirty dollars and told me I was too late and could not change. They are sneaky and do not care about their customers. Another thing I'm supposed to have phone service included and every time I plug a phone in, there is so much static I can't hear and then they want to charge to come out to look at it. There should be something we can do about this. People have a hard time as it is, we should not have big companies making millions ripping us off.

About two weeks ago, I was unable to get through on two local numbers -- both rang many times and then cut off. Both of these numbers have voice mail. Comcast fixed the problem and admitted it was their fault (WOW -- first time that has ever happened to me!!). Today have the same problem. Phoned Comcast and said "phone problem" when prompted. After holding for some time, someone in Cable TV Dept. answered. He said he would switch me through to correct dept. Held for several more minutes and was finally connected. Had to explain the problem several times, despite the fact that the agent said he had brought up previous record of the complaint. We'll see how it takes them to fix the problem this time and long before it happens again. For the ridiculous amount of $$$ I spend every month, expecting good service isn't too much to ask.

My phone service is terrible for the past year. Someone tries to call and after 5 Min. the phone goes dead. Now the internet also is not working also. I am so sick of the Xfinity repairman coming out and still not fixed. Now others in my building are have the same problem, so now another repairman will be back out on July 18th 2015 and try to get in other apts in my building again.

The last time a repairman was at my house on July 2nd, 2015 he stated he has to get into other apts. He will leave a door tag and I need to tell the others in my building to call cause my building has a lot of lines tagged outside my building. He said others may not realize the problem like it affects my apt. I don't think it is my responsibility to contact others in my building. When I talked to Xfinity on July 17th I told them yet again I am refusing to pay my phone portion of my cable bundle bill and they have no reply other than "A repairman will fix the issues tomorrow." Well it's still not fixed and I don't feel I should have to pay for a service that is not working.

Xfinity is horrible! My cable/internet/phone go out daily and all they offer me is $7! I run my business with internet and phone and lose money on a daily basis! But Xfinity does NOT care! I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years, Xfinity does NOT care! I pay a lot of money per month! Xfinity does NOT care! I'm a member of Xfinity insider! Xfinity does NOT care! They offer me $7. I'm switching to AT&T! I'm done being disrespected and unappreciated!

Wanted to get new service with Comcast/Xfinity again for phone and internet online. When asked about if I wanted to keep my number, I stated yes. I got a message back stating my number could not be transferred. No other explanation was given. I have had it for more than 30 years and I wanted to keep it. Went on Chat line and still no explanation was given as to why my number "could not" to ported/transferred over. The only thing I wanted was a reason why this could not be done. I was under no contract, and my bill was paid in full with my current provider At&t/Uverse. If Comcast could give me a new number, why wasn't I allowed to keep the one I already had? After 30 years, obviously no one else had it! Filed a complaint with FCC. In the meantime I call Comcast 1 855-518-5621 and got a very rude agent who failed to hear my complaint. Instead, she continue to offer up excuses but no real explanation/solution.

When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was put on hold for more than 20 minutes and no supervisor ever came to the phone. I hung up. What can we do to received basic customer service, spoken in English and agents who are knowledgeable about their products? I go through this bad customer service every year or 2 primarily between Comcast and At&t, but I don't want to leave out Vonage and Straight Talk. Comcast and At&t give service at a reasonable price for only 6 months to a year, and 2 years, if you are lucky and then the bill is doubled or quadrupled way outside of my fixed income. How can we as consumers stop this madness, outrageous prices, and the worse customer services I have ever encountered! The CEO's doesn't appear to care and I know FCC probably knows me by name because of my numerous complaints when all I want is to be treated fairly, professionally, respectfully, and honestly! This you cannot find!

I pick up my landline 6 to 7 times a day to make a call and for 6 of the 7 times, I get no dial tone - just a beep, beep, beep. And the phone displays BUSY (although it's not a normal busy dial tone). So I have to keep using my cell. It's not the phones themselves, as they work sometimes. And they work when someone calls me. I'm very concerned about the safety of this. If I need to call 911 or one of my kids needs to call someone in an emergency, I am sure we won't be able to do that. And if we're in a panic or it's in the middle of the night, we're going to be running around looking for the cell phone we left downstairs. This just isn't right. I'm paying for service that I can use 1 out of 7 times.

First off I don't have any affiliation to Comcast or any of the other companies. I am just a former phone sales rep. As I read the complaints on Comcast and other various providers I notice most complaints are due to the residential customer or business customer either not knowing what they are doing or poorly advised by the existing carrier or the carrier they are transitioning too.

Here are some key notes to everyone out there: First off Comcast has a reputation for outsourcing its support, who doesn't anymore? So remember this you can call them and keep track of your phone calls, (record them if necessary) then you can file your complaints (if they are valid) to the FCC, in which by law if the FCC approaches any carrier they not only have to respond but advise the FCC what was done to try to resolve your problem. See if the carrier doesn't respond to the FCC request or complaint they are subject to FCC regulated fines for non-compliance - meaning it would cost them more in fines to ignore your complaint rather than resolving it!

Now, for those swapping phone carriers or services. Here is the biggest thing to ever remember, if you want to keep your "current" phone number, you MUST and I mean MUST request them to "port" the number from the current carrier. Even if you move locations you MUST request the number to stay with you. While you as the customer "have" that number not "own" associated to you, it can easily be returned or transferred to the "pool" the phone company has. You have to understand in the phone carrier world they actually own numbers. The customer acquires that number, now like as one gentleman stated he started out with AT&T and after many years swapped to Comcast keeping this number, yes you do keep the number if you request.

But let me help you understand what's behind that, Comcast that sold him on swapping to save money has to "port" that number meaning pay AT&T "x" amount for that number and move it to Comcast's services. While Comcast to get the re-occurring money from you offers porting the number for "free", which is a figment to anyone's imagination if anything is ever "free", is not accurately correct. So this gentleman who owned company "a" for years and had this number moved and failed to request the number to stay with him learned the hard way about this. See if AT&T was the original creator of the number FCC by-law and federal regulations stipulate if the end user "customer" who possess the number and it is released, meaning whatever reason the number doesn't stay with you or is "ported", has to be relinquished back to the original parent company.

Thus, Comcast has to give the number back to AT&T or be subject to fines. This doesn't always happen but is a fine line for carriers not to cross. So the end result for that gentleman was he lost the number that is in the process of going back to AT&T and I will tell you it's next to impossible to stop it once it's in that process. Here is another way to look at it, one number goes back into a company that has tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of numbers. In order to find it they have to start a search and just as quickly as they search for it when another new customer is generated for that company and is assigned "by chance" that number it is forever lost to the company "a" that originally had it.

The phone world is at times quite simply but understanding all the legality issues that comes with it is hard for some end users. Comcast as a whole provides top notch services but due to its size and lack of "real" leadership the company fails to meet customer's needs day in and day out. Honestly most phone companies end up this way, if you think about it once they start bringing in the revenue from customers there is no real way out, you just swap to another company and so forth and so on. With the revolution of the IP world many things are changing, some for the better and some for the worse but in the end Deregulation of the phone carriers "owning" numbers will end as people learn how to create and process their own phone numbers themselves.

So, my 89-year-old grandmother recently wanted to bundle her phone, internet, and cable together. I looked at rates, and Comcast looked the best in Atlanta. She already had TV with them, just wanted to downgrade to basic cable because she hardly ever watched it. The only reason she has it is for her children and grandchildren.

So we were sent the self-install package. What a nightmare! First of all, the TV is still the same plan as before. It hasn't switched to basic cable; therefore, she is being charged for something she doesn't need. Second, the internet hardly ever works and reception is **. Thirdly, the "digital voice" home phone service doesn't even work. She has no dial tone on any of her phones. She has had the same number for 40 years, so if that gets changed, she will be extremely upset. All of her old friends call her on that phone.

WTF Comcast??? They are sending someone out today, but expect US to pay $60 for it??? That charge should be on you because your customer service SUCKS, your concept BLOWS, and your product CAN GO ** ITSELF! Worst customer service I have EVER dealt with in my life. Give me someone that speaks English and knows how to fix electronics. Not someone in another country reading directions on a computer!!!

Ok. I have a moving story for everyone. As you may know I moved out of my office in February. We have been with #Comcast for a while now and I figured moving my phone and internet a few blocks away would be the least of my worries...well, not with #Comcast. First my phone line did not work for two weeks after moving. Then, once connected, I realized that #Comcast had assigned me a new number out of the blue. Just because, without my request, my #business number of 15 years plus was changed by #Comcast.

Now, for those of you who run a business you know how important it is to keep a number that clients and vendors associate with your brand. This is why I predominantly displayed it on my business letterhead, cards, email, and website. You would think a company like #Comcast would know the correct way to help a business with their move. Especially since I pay a nice premium for a business account. So far not so good right? Except, it gets worse. The first #customerservice agent I dealt with told me he would put in a work request to fix the phone number issue. Three weeks later nothing from #Comcast, no follow through, no follow up and no fixes. Meanwhile my client based is having a hard time getting a hold of me and my vendors are getting frustrated.

I called again only to find out that the previous agent had completely ignored my problem; neglecting even to submit a work request. After attempting to explain my situation to 3 different reps in three different departments I finally get someone that actually cares. She puts me in touch with a manager who has a brilliant solution to my problem...call AT&T and reopen an account with them so that I can have my number back. What? I have not worked with AT&T for over 5 years? Ok strange but I take care of it right away. Then another Comcast agent emails me and tells me that I also need to call AT&T and ask for my records from 5 years ago. At the same time AT&T calls me back to tell me they don't have my number, which made perfect sense to begin with. Hmmm, time to call #Comcast again.

Again three different customer service agents and my story three different times like a broken record. By now I am so upset I want my contract canceled and a refund for months of a phone line I could not use. This is when a manager laughs in my face but politely tells me I have to pay the remainder of my contract to get out of it. No matter how much I tried to give ** a chance to assume the responsibility of Comcast's costly #mistake he would give the story some #spin and then turn around the facts so as to make me responsible for their mistake. Many times did I repeat "but I did not request a new number" and many times he replied "you had 30 days to fix it."

This would be the equivalent of me slapping a perfect stranger then condescendingly telling him he made me do it. A #BULLY move by all accounts. I will not even go into detail about the #disrespect from another agent completely refusing to escalate the issue. I am at a loss for words or ideas. Please help correct this company's #policy of #disregard for their clients, and lack of accountability for their errors. Pass this along if you have been #bullied by #Comcast. Thank you for your time.

I have a building with a tele-entry system. Comcast sold us phone service for it. I had to replace the panel because of age. Comcast phone lines do not work with it. Contacted installer, he said common Complaint - Comcast does not communicate with the newer panels. Then I called Comcast, they want to charge me an early termination fee if I go back to regular phone company. They also were to call me back and have not called in over 1 week.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

XFINITY from Comcast offers Internet, television, smart home and telephone services. Consumers can receive discounts by subscribing to more than one XFINITY service. The company’s home phone service is available in nearly 40 states and the District of Columbia.

• Unlimited nationwide plans: XFINITY’s plans include unlimited local calling, and some plans also offer unlimited long distance calling. Consumers can choose the plan that is best for them.
  • Extra features: XFINITY Voice has smart voicemail so customers can access their voicemail from anywhere and subscribe to readable voicemail. The service also includes caller ID, three-way calling and call waiting.
  • Carefree Minutes: Consumers who frequently place calls to locations outside the United States can add on Carefree Minutes. They can use 300 minutes of international talk time for one monthly fee and pay a discounted rate for overages.
  • App: The XFINITY Connect app, available for both Apple and Android devices, allows customers to make voice calls through their smart devices. They can also answer calls to their home phone number through the app.
  • Online support: Customers with questions or problems can visit the Support section of XFINITY Voice’s website. They can download a welcome kit, set or change their security PIN, learn about popular features and troubleshoot their devices.
  • Best for XFINITY Voice is best for individuals who want the reliability of a home phone with some features available on mobile devices and who live in an XFINITY service area.

Compare Home Phone Service