XFINITY Home Phone Service

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Even signing up was a hassle! They pulled my credit each of the 3 times I called. Went to make my first payment today using the automated system and it transferred me to a human who tells me I have to use the automated system! Come to find out, the number I have for my account showed closed! The open account is under some bogus number I've never heard of! The sales people are just as crooked clearly as the company itself! I have 3 accounts with XFINITY, 3 credit inquires, 2 closed accounts and 1 active with a phone number I've never had! They told me the only reason this can happen is cause I have a prior balance. I HAVE NEVER HAD XFINITY! I have only ever had satellite in the past! Do yourself a favor. DO NOT USE XFINITY, save yourself the headache hassle and multiple hard inquiries! Even paying you out bill will be a hassle. Consumer beware!!!

I just moved in here in Rome, GA. It'll take a week before I'll have service. It's just disappointing how come they won't add people to provide quality service to their customers. I need the internet for my business. How come Charter Spectrum can handle your requests right away and visit your place if you're having problems with your service. I have a bad feeling with the Service I'll get from XFINITY. As soon as I know that there's other internet provider, I'll switch right away.

Earlier this afternoon, while I was in the middle of an time-sensitive email, a tree branch fell on the Xfinity cable running from the telephone pole to my house and disconnected my Internet. With no Internet, I have no phone, so I went immediately to a neighbor's house and contacted Xfinity to report the problem and request service. I spent nearly two hours in online chat and on the phone with up to five representatives. In the end, the best they could promise was a technician visit FIVE DAYS from now. I live in the suburbs in New Haven county. This is not some inaccessible remote area. Five days to have my Internet restored??! The tech likely has only to crimp on a new connector and reattach it. In the meantime, we have no Internet (which is used for work, as well as fun) and no phone (no Netflix, either!! Grrr).

We just signed up for Xfinity internet today. I walked outside and noticed that there was about 200 ft of cable wire laying in my yard. The start of it was plugged into the house box which the front of the box was still open with exposed wires. The end of it was connected to a box in the back of my yard with the cover thrown to the side and again, wires are exposed!! I called and demanded it to be fixed the same day but couldn't until the next day. VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LACK OF CHARACTER, INTEGRITY AND PRIDE IN THEIR JOB PERFORMANCE!!!

Worst customer service I've ever dealt with. I needed to put my account on hold as I was moving from a rental house to one I was buying and it could be up to 2 months. I was told it was no problem at all. Now trying to hook the service up at a new address they say I never asked to hold the account, never mind that there was NO usage during that time, and I owe the full amount as if I used it uninterrupted the whole time, before I can hook up a new service address. Then in speaking with them on the phone there is no management to speak to. Apparently they are all in meetings. So far all 5 phone calls I've made have resulted in them not only not working with me but being rude and telling me to go into a store and hanging up on me. I'm sad I even have to rate them a whole one star. I've never been treated so poorly by a company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

I am very disappointed with the service I have received from Comcast ever since I moved to GA in August 2016. I have been Comcast customer for over a decade and never experienced these issues in NJ. Every issue or call that you address always results in a follow up with additional changes, forgotten updates and someone dropping the ball somewhere. There is never a straightforward answer I can expect the next time I call. The calls last over an hour with endless promises that this time it will be done right only to go through the same issues again.

It is a waste of customer's time; I never look forward to calling you. I do not know how many increases in costs I have seen on my bill even though I have been here less than 1 year and you promised me a $128.00 package for two years. I called because you charged me $120.00 for faulty equipment you told me could only be repaired by sending someone to my house on 4/25/17. You never informed me you would charge me and why should you charge any customer for equipment you supply that is malfunctioning?

You are quick to charge customers but are slow to make any refunds due to the customer. You did not credit me for the week I missed service even though you promised I would see this on my next bill. You accessed me fees instead. I had to call you for this. You have never refunded me the money for equipment I returned in Jersey but you billed me for extra days despite having a rep from Philadelphia request the $20.00 credit.

I have honestly come to a place of making a decision to find another carrier should I have any further issues with you. I will not continue being this upset over services I actually pay for. Comcast - you are failing. Out of every company I deal with for services I use, you have been by far the worst in terms of the service you offer. There has to be a way for you to stop punishing customers. This is unacceptable for the money you are charging or for any reputable company that hopes to stay in business.

I am extremely disappointed with your service here in GA. Unfortunately these are the stories I continue to hear about you in GA. I cannot understand why you cannot be consistent - I never have experienced this kind of terrible customer service. It does feel as though I am dealing with a different company here in GA. I really hope I do not have to call you again about the $120.00 credit along with the one week of lost cable I need to see on my account.

I've had the phone service for 11 months and had them out to figure out why I wasn't able to make phone calls at least twice in those 11 months. The third time I called, they told me that I needed to have a Comcast telephone and that's why my phone hasn't been working. Eleven months of service and 2 service calls and no one ever mentioned the fact that I needed to have Comcast phones because a regular phone won't work as well! Can't wait to get rid of them!

Xfinity (Comcast ) very very disappointing! Since agreeing to a 2 year contract (unfortunately) nothing but problems with triple play. first the phone, then the Internet, now the on demand features!!! For 3 days now unable to use, technical dept. Resets on their end, problem not fixed. To send a technician might incur a 50$ charge! Unbelievable! The worst!!!

I called XFINITY/Comcast regarding a $10.00 increase in my bill and was told that if I don't do automatic payments they can charge me an additional $10.00. I never received anything in writing regarding this nor is it on my billing statement of why the additional $10.00 fee is there. I was told that they are not going to remove it and I will have to pay it or enroll in the automatic draft. Furthermore I've never been late paying my bill and I believe this is an unethical business practice. I have internet and landline phone service.

I am thinking of cutting my landline with Comcast. Too often, I cannot get a dial tone, or I get a dial tone and when I dial, the phone call does not go through. I have to reboot the cable modem several times a day. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I am paying over $200 a month for this. Comcast, please get your act together. If they didn't have a monopoly here I would switch.

So unreliable and price is ridiculous. 200$ a month for this garbage always cutting off and damn sure isnt as fast as they say it is.

My phone service is intermittent. They have been here twice. They check the modem, find that it is working and leave. The phone works about 75% of the time, but occasionally this problem re-emerges -- people cannot hear me when I answer or vice versa when I place a call. After their first "service" call, I replaced my telephone, thinking perhaps that was the problem but no change. Calls to Comcast are unsatisfying. They always want to start from scratch by sending a "refresh" signal and never seem to refer to history. I simply do not know what to do next.

I own a sales office and in the last 6 months we have been left without service for over 8 hours. I called customer service department and not only do I get disconnected, but they can't get a technician out for over 2 days. In the meantime I am left without service. Terrible service all around.

I can not wait until my contract is over with Comcast in January!! I left AT&T because they could never get my billing correct but I've never experienced anything like the horrible business service at Comcast. For the last 6 months, my service has gone down 5 times that results in a complete business shut down until they correct the problem (usually told it will be corrected around 5 pm or so). The problem, as I'm told over and over for the last 6 months, is due to a bad node somewhere in the area that crashes my service. I believed them the first two times they told me this but how can they keep saying it's the same problem and never fix it?

The worst part is, my phones are tied into my internet service, so when my network goes down, my phones go down. Rather than them calling me telling me there is a problem, customers that I've worked with call my cell to let me know that my business phone number says it's no longer in service. Just like that. Comcast doesn't even bother to automatically transfer my business number to my cell until I call in and request it. Then, they act as though they are doing me a favor... What gracious customer service people they are!! I had hoped that Comcast Business was better than their residential service but that depends on where your business is. As for me, I'm leaving this awful company as soon as possible and unfortunately will have to go back to enduring billing problems, but at least my phones will always work.

I just got off the phone with Jessica from billing who has offered $40 off my bill for their major power outage a few days ago. I find it pathetic for a business this size to not have any kind of contingency plan or even an apology for a failure of this proportion. I was eager to forgive when I got an email from them the next morning after the power outage and the hour that I spent trying to get our phone line back up... I thought it might explain how the outage occurred, what they're doing to fix it, what to expect in the future, an apology... but nope. It was just a marketing email. Jessica was quick to inform me how they were "all hands on deck" in the billing dept during the outage and that they had done everything they can for everyone. I told her she wasn't doing everything she can NOW though. Just when I thought a bad taste couldn't taste any worse, only Comcast could pull it off. Thanks for listening.

We were with AT&T and we decided to go with COMCAST because it was to be cheaper. Let me tell you that we are paying more now and the service is extremely bad. We have been without a phone system since 12:05 PM and according to COMCAST's automated system, the service will not be restore until after 6:30 PM today. Our office closes at 5:00 PM and the lines must be transferred to the answering service. Our business depends on communications with medical staff and patients and it is unacceptable for a company to run its operations like that. We would cancel the contract with COMCAST and will obtain service with a better provider.

I've been trying to remove phone lines from our large Comcast phone account. It has taken me 8 calls (I was disconnected several times - sounded like a hang up, but the next service rep insisted their phones are poor quality. Why does the PHONE COMPANY have bad PHONE SERVICE?) and it's not done yet. The service rep was harsh and spoke over me when I told her what the last rep explained to me. I've spoken to 4 people during this and every single one has given me different information on how to go about it. Now my business is interrupted and my costs are increased because Comcast can't provide their own employees proper information to handle customer service requests. I hope to be able to cancel my entire account with them this year.

Let me preface this by saying that I have never gone and left a bad review for anything. Do NOT get Comcast. I have had Comcast since February 2015, and we were supposed to have a locked rate for the first year of our two year contract. What a joke. I think one month since we have had it, our bill was actually accurate. We have been overcharged every month other than that. We were even charged $200 for a visit that never happened nor had we even called to have someone come to our home.

I'm also my mom's caretaker. She needs a phone obviously for emergencies at the very least. There was an outage for their phone service on a Monday and her phone never came back on. Friday, they made an appointment for Monday between 10-12, but said they would try and send somebody on the weekend. Then Monday came, they tried to call the home phone first that was not working - idiots - and asked to move the appointment for a different day. We said "no", and they agreed to come between 1-3 that day instead. 3:30 came and nobody showed.

After another phone call, they said they can't come until Wednesday. Will they show? I don't know. Shame on them for not coming to fix their pathetic equipment/service for a disabled lady who desperately needs a phone. To summarize: Comcast is terrible. The only reason I have them - my husband wants the SEC channel. Doesn't seem worth it to me. Comcast - step up and take care of your customers and stop coming up with fake fees when you already over-charge.

The phone service is lousy. If you dial one number many times it is forward to another phone number. Also, Comcast does not keep its promises. I negotiated one deal for one year and two months later, they denied the deal and gave me a higher rate.

Service sucks!!! I've been 18 days w/o incoming calls. CS doesn't know how to instruct. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE... THEY SUCK!!!

Contacted Comcast on January 18, 2016 to request a cancellation on one of my telephone business lines as it was no longer needed and to cut down on telephone bill. Very simple and straight forward request is what I thought! First Agent who answered my call listened to my request, spent about 15 minutes explaining that I would not need to cancel the line and that Comcast would offer me a promotion service that is cheaper per line (than current) and that would cut the cost and keep my lines unchanged. This Agent however could not perform the transaction and switched me over to “Loyalty Dept” for further handling!

The second agent from the so-called Loyalty Dept also spent approx 15 minutes going over my service and came up with empty handed. He offered me a service that resulted in NO savings (basically what I’m currently paying). At that moment I expressed my frustration and requested from the Agent to proceed with my original request; "just simply cancel one of my lines", I told him!!

This second Agent advised that his department could not perform such transaction and switched me over to a third agent at their “Retention Dept”. After listening to my request and frustration. This third agent examined my phone bill and agreed that I was paying too much and that he was going to “put a smile on face” and help make some changes. But he asked me to hold and switched me over to a FOURTH agent for handling!!!

This fourth agent (also from “retention Dept”), spoke another 10-15 minutes explaining to me that she could NOT make any changes because the previous agent had “locked” my account under his name, and that she will have to contact him to be able to discuss the service! And supposedly she emailed him to ask that he contacts me back. She took my contact information and promised that I would get a call the next day. BUT she also informed me that her department (retention dept) would not be able to make any changes and that I will have to speak to the “Tech Dept”. This would have been the FIFTH agent by now. But by then, she rushed me off the phone and told me that they cannot do anything anymore as their office has “closed” (it was about 5:00 pm by then).

So after spending approximately one hour speaking with 4 different agents, none could help me with a VERY simple request! Instead, each agent gave me the runaround and switched me over to another agent. And at the end of day, they refused to help as they claimed their office has closed. It’s been 3 days since they promised to call me! I’m STILL waiting for that call!!! I’m not going to call them back as I want to see if they will EVER make that call. Comcast by far has one of the worst customer service. Seems like their agents are trained to scam consumers, give them the runaround and not provide them with solutions, especially if you are trying to cut cost!!!

The rating should be -100 stars. My company moved it's HQ to a new location back in October. The migration of all phone services has been nothing but a nightmare since day one. We planned this moved since January 2015 so with 10 months of planning you would think that things will go as smooth as possible. But you are wrong because Comcast is completely incapable of doing what they say they will do. I have spent entire work days on the phone with Comcast, trying to fix the phones' issues!!!

Within the first week, our "Rep" disappeared. He met with me on the first week and promised to take care of everything and to assigned people to work on all the issues. That was the first and last time I heard from him. We have three people "assigned" to the account, and none of them have, actually, reply to any of our messages (emails and voicemails). In fact, the only person who has done anything to fix our issues has nothing to do with my account. So since there is no one assigned to the account, every time I call there are a different person and every time they fixed something and then they messed up something else or something that has been fixed two days prior. So it's been a vicious cycle since October.

On the month of October, I spent an average of 5 HOURS per day 4 TIMES at weeks on the phone with Comcast, working on the same technical issues, over and over again. When they fixed the technical issues, I got billing issues and had to spend another two weeks trying to fix the bill. To find out today, that, in fact, the bill still incorrect! I've been charged $900 more than the contract states. This Morning, Monday, December 21st, 2015, I have already spent an hour on the phone with two different reps, trying to activate one voicemail. Plus, every time I call I have to correct my contact/billing address. Every time!!! How incompetent are these people!!! The worse is that I'm tied up to a three years contract. This is like a Twilight Zone episode...

I recently switched from AT&T to Comcast. Last week, during our busy holiday season, our phones and internet was out at prime time for over 2 hours. Could not take customer calls, process credit transactions or receive online orders. Over last weekend the ability to access the web was out for at least 30 minutes. This week, over the last 48 hours we have been unable to receive online orders and other correspondence to our email account. No response from Comcast. Left 3 calls on the open ticket. Comcast has cost us business, impacted customer satisfaction, and we have had to implement costly manual work-arounds. Will need to switch providers to stay in business!!!

On December 11, 2015 my mother and I went to Comcast located at 7201 N. Federal Highway, Delray Beach, FL, to make decisions regarding her bill. We waited 35 minutes before we were called and the representative that called us his name was James. I first made a payment on my mother's account of over $250 and I asked James if he could help us understand her bill as well as help us find a plan that could help my mom because she's on a fixed income. I explained that she was disabled and there was a language barrier.

James told us that we should go home and call customer service and see if they would transfer us to the retention department. He stated that the retention department may be able to provide us with a better plan. I told James that I wanted him to help us being that we were in the store and if he could take a look at my mother’s account. James stated that my mother was paying for voice service, two minutes later he said that he had made a mistake and she was not.

He then stated that there was a plan of $89.99 that had more channels and the same price my mother was paying. Then another five minutes he checked the system and stated that the plan no longer existent. He said my mom’s bill was $119 and there were no other options or plans available. James once again for probably the fourth or fifth time told us that we should go home and call customer service and see if we can speak to retention and maybe they could assist us further.

I told James that my mother was handicapped and elderly and in poor health and was actually at the doctor’s office today and that after waiting for 30 minutes and another 45 plus minutes speaking with him - I did not think it was appropriate - I did not think it was the good customer service - and I thought it was counterproductive for us to leave the actual office and go home and spend another hour on the phone calling customer service and asked why was he not able to help us. I told James at that point that we needed to speak to supervisor.

For the next 30 minutes James refused to get a supervisor, he walked up and down the office, he came back three more times and told us that there were no supervisors on premise. He finally found someone named "Loua". We saw him talking to her in the corner and in the bathroom and I believe that she was not a supervisor and that he coerced her into pretending to be a supervisor. She came over and was very disrespectful and basically told us that there was nothing that could be done and that exactly what James said to call customer service was what we needed to do. I explained to her that we wanted to simply know if there was a better plan, but at this point we wanted to file a complaint.

They refused to assist us with going through the bill - they refused to help my mother find a plan that would better suit her - and told her that what she was paying was the only option. They refused to get an actual supervisor when we requested it over a dozen times. This was a nightmare and unreal. They should no care, no understanding and a complete lack of professionalism. Pretending to be a supervisor and refusing to get a supervisor when a customer request one is deceitful business practice. It shows a complete lack of integrity.

I have been unable to make a phone call using my home phone for 4 mos. Contacted Comcast (on my reliable AT&T cell phone) and Comcast said I needed a new cable modem. Installed it, still did not work. Then they sent a tech. Made things worse, now no outgoing, incoming and TV problems. Tech was supposed to return the next week and never showed up. The final straw was this weekend when the bombings took place in Paris. My son is there as a West Point student studying abroad, and he was unable to contact me using the home phone, while my cell was charging. This is unacceptable as we also do not have 911 service. I have had Comcast service for more than 15 years with an average monthly bill of $275 and expect functional service.

We had appointment schedule for tech on 1 pm Sunday. The guy showed up at 12:30. He comes into the house, checks the problem and tells me "oh I forgot my tools in my other truck and I will be back in 20 min." Well we waited all day. When we called him around 3 pm he said "yes yes I am on my way." At the end when we called customer service (who are really clueless) they said "your appointment has been rescheduled." There was no way they were ready to hear that we DID NOT reschedule. Monday morning Tech shows up and he said the issue is not from Comcast. Then Two hours later other tech comes and he says he can fix it, well he "fixed" it. Now my phone is not working at all. Now other tech is schedule for tomorrow. Let's see what happens?

How to avoid charges for information for phone numbers w/ Comcast? First time happened, refunded! Use 411 next time, but I don't trust. Took 45 min; never solved. I can't afford. Who handles number please for the U.S.? I have NO way to find out!

THE SALES REP KATELYN IS A LIAR. BEFORE I SWITCHED FROM AT&T I asked her "If I have any problem with the lines inside the building or outside who do I call?" KATELYN replied "You call Comcast. We have that service." Now my 2nd line is not working and customer service tells me that they don't have this kind of service. Now my business lines are down - Comcast is not there to help. I hope you go to hell KATELYN. Don’t call Comcast.

I'm a Comcast Business customer. I have had my service connected for 2 month and still NO help from Comcast regarding my service. But I did receive my bill ON TIME!!! Comcast technician comes out to install, although Comcast claims their technicians do not do any wiring, this particular Technician decided to rewire all my working phone jacks. He admitted it to customer care and his supervisor, however Comcast refuses to address the issue claiming they are not responsible for the technician's actions.

So we have had to run 50 ft phones line throughout our office. (How embarrassing when customers come to do business.) I've called customer care 10 or more times, all I get is poor customer service and indifference. So you ask, "why not change services?" Answer, we waited for weeks to get connected, and another 2 weeks to finally get our phone numbers corrected. Our phone numbers are listed on all our marketing materials and website. In addition to that, I was told by another service provider that Comcast can take up to 45 days before they release our phone numbers. (So we are being held hostage.) So, it's No service for my customers to reach us, or incredibly horrible service for us.

So, I've decided to fight back, I will continue to post everyday. I've contacted a local News Reporter, and my attorney is checking on the legalities of hiring protestor to picket on our behalf. Sooner or later they will have to fix what they broke and honor their promises and BILLS they seem to find a way to generate without a hitch! P.S. I never received my $200 GIFT CARD either!!!!

I have been with Comcast for one year with a contract for which after that year I could negotiate a new one. I knew it was up in August but when I got my bill they already raised my bill over thirty dollars and told me I was too late and could not change. They are sneaky and do not care about their customers. Another thing I'm supposed to have phone service included and every time I plug a phone in, there is so much static I can't hear and then they want to charge to come out to look at it. There should be something we can do about this. People have a hard time as it is, we should not have big companies making millions ripping us off.

Compare Home Phone Service