Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

XFINITY Home Phone Service Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2018

Xfinity company is the worst cable/internet company out here. They are some ** scammers! We signed up with them in December to get Internet and cable. We are Football fans so in order for us to get NFL network, we had to upgrade to the 105.00 a month package. Guess what they decided to do without notifying us?? They decided to take NFL network out of our package without telling us and then adding it to a higher package which would mean we would have to upgrade again to get that channel.

Now we are under a contract. They told us that although we are in a contract, they are allowed to make changes within it. That is some **!!! The representative that spoke to me is Latisha. She pretty much told me that it’s nothing they can do and that they actually added the changes in fine print on the bill. Like that’s so sneaky and ** up stuff. We don’t even get paper bills. We pay on the app. We are so over this company!!! Not fair to do some sneaky ** like that to customers.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I received an outstanding bill this month, after talking to a customer rep I find out my current package expired. I switch to cheaper package: when all was complete the customer rep told me the new price change would take effect immediately. I called on the 8th of June as soon I received the EcoBill. Fast forward I'm still stuck with the same high bill and according to the main office in Philadelphia the bill generates on the 5th of every month. If this is true why am I getting a bill on the 8th. They said I will see the difference the next billing cycle. Let's see how this goes. This is not the first time this has happened. The last time Comcast did this it took nearly 4 month to reimburse the difference and mainly I was on top of them. Rita the executive office customer rep in Philadelphia THANKS FOR NOTHING.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We are going on day 5 waiting for our phone to be connected. We were coming from Verizon to Xfinity. We had 2 phones. Mine ported over right away. We are one day 5 for my husband's. On Monday at about 11 am I walked into Comcast. Finally at 3:45 I walked out with only one phone activated. I spent 2 hours on hold from 5-7 still no answer told me to give it 24 hours. The next day spent another 2 hours in the store and at least a total of 4 hours on the phone. Still no answers. Told to wait 24 to 72 hours. In the meantime we have no phone service on one phone. I've called 2 to 3 times a day and the same answer, "We moved you to tier 2." I've had every person tell me that they will get back to me I still have not received a call back from anyone.

I received a email to call them. I did and I went through the same thing of telling them everything they needed to know for at least the 10th time and I get the same answer, "We are working on it. Give it another 24 to 72 hours." Verizon ported the number over and Comcast lost it and don't know how to find it is what it boils down to. So now we have no working phone. They won't even give a temporary number on my old phone til they can figure it out. I want to return the phones and go back to Verizon but they lost our number. Verizon might be a lot higher but we at least have service.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I just saw that Mike Cavanaugh the CFO of Comcast made 40.64 million dollars in his first eight months with the company. 6 million of that a cash bonus. I just checked my bank and seen that since 2011 I have paid over 10k to Comcast for tv & internet. Have had nothing but problems. Still nothing resolved and my bill is over 300.00. Limited Basic includes 164 channels = 2 church, 2pbs,16 are in Spanish, 28 HD channels do not get, 2 cartoons, 6 shopping networks, 20 channels on channel lineup aren't on the tv to even watch, 12 are duplicates and 49 channels are music. Oh by the way try getting rid of tv and get a Fire tv set up and pay HULU 40.00 plus a month and then Comcast gets you for over data usage. Just an FYI Comcast OWNS 40% of HULU. Something must be done.

Original review: April 23, 2018

On 4/9/2018, my mobile phone I have thru Xfinity shut down. I took it to the local store to see what could be done. Nothing on the spot. A replacement phone had to be ordered and shipped to me via FedEx. In doing so, the agent provided FedEx with an incomplete address and FedEx did not deliver the phone on 4/11/2018. FedEx returned the phone to the sender. In a series of visit to the store and online chats, phone calls being made at the store and more, I am still without a phone or any type of resolution. This is my only phone. I am a senior citizen who lives alone. I haven't a phone to call 911.

I am on a fixed income, purchasing an additional phone would create a financial hardship. I also have a minor disability. As of today, 4/23/2018, I am without a phone or a positive communication from Comcast Xfinity despite promise after promise. All that I have gone thru is documented by me. I feel abused, all well as having my civil and human rights violated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I was a very loyal customer of Comcast Xfinity for a while and had been contacted by Comcast for a special Promotion they were having offering me more channels line up for basically the same price that I was currently paying. I had informed the representative that I would be moving from current address to Newly Built home in a couple of months. Date not set as in process of being built, they advise won't be a problem. Would be able to use their transfer of services. I contacted them on the moving service dept to set up the transfer and they informed me that per checking their database there would be no issue hooking up services at the new home address. I go through my whole ordeal of closing and moving into new home to find that I have waited almost a month of no service being available to me while still paying for the service bills forwarded to the new address.

Software complications and poor communication on Comcast part between the matter of transferring of the services as they had informed me multiple times a line surveyor would need to be sent out to see if area would be able to receive service in area. Mind you I was already informed prior to moving in the service was available. Now already moved in to new home and not once was I advised of there being an issue with the area it was set to be surveyed.

Well this process did not go well as well as the line surveyor had told me that there was no service available in my new built home area but this info was not relayed to Comcast dept so that they can process a "cancellation of no access" in my area for my acct and I was yet again left to have to make numerous calls out to Comcast, being placed on multiple long holds to try and find a resolution to my issue, as the Comcast inside reps yet again used their database for entering my address and kept informing me that the service is available. I basically got sick of the issue and not having any internet, cable and phone service that I used what worked in local area per my neighbors’ assistance to locate the reputable companies to use and also asked if Comcast was available in area in which they replied "NO".

There is no service availability for the area I was in. After all the ordeal with having to deal with reps, surveyors, escalation and management conversations I was simply advised I was going to be charged for breaking the contract and that there is nothing they or I can do about it. I was even harassed by a representative pawning himself off as a manager, if this is the merit you hold your managers up to I simply advised he can speak with my attorney on the matter as I am not a lawyer and he was simply trying to use legal wording and paraphrases to prove either how smart or dumb he wanted to make himself seem. After this I was placed with their collection dept and was contacted by multiple reps in regards the matter.

I stated my point on the reason I feel I am not liable to pay this fee and they simply did not care. I did on my last account just wound up paying the fee as the rep on the line tried her best as it seemed to get this escalated but I had informed her I have taken all processes available. She had offered to get the matter addressed and it has led to being placed in her collection plate. I didn't want this to affect my credit report and this was the only reason I paid this fee. Comcast was a good service provider until there is an issue with them that requires more than just a computer to resolve, there was no customer service here just ways to collect on the matter. Very disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

It appears that so many people, all over the United States, are unhappy with Xfinity/Comcast. I would like to be added to that growing list. I live in a 1,700 square foot, single story house. Just a plain, simple home! I could not get internet connection from one end of the house to the other. I purchased a booster thinking that would help. No such luck. I have called Xfinity many, many times explaining the issue... Never once did they offer to send a tech. out to check why we can't get internet connection throughout the entire house. Oh, and before all this - we did have two modems, one price, one account and great internet connection. My hubby went to the Xfinity Store to exchange a remote that wasn't working. With that - one modem was turned off - why?!?! Who knows - except Xfinity. Telling the customer service people this - did no good.

So, I was told that I would need another modem - however - Xfinity only allows one modem per account/house. WHAT!?!? I am the only account - and now I need two of me to get another modem? How does that work? After numerous calls and talking to several people - the solution was/is... I now have two Xfinity/Comcast accounts for the same house and the same service. I am paying one bill for TV, phone and internet and now another bill for just the internet. I have been made into two people with one service in the same house - using my middle initial to open the second account. Can Xfinity get any more greedy? Oh - why yes they can... Trying to make a payment online was not working (the bill is not due til' next month). So, I called. Yes, they could take a payment over the phone - but it would cost almost $5.00 to do so. "Is this OK?" Oh heck no, that is not OK - and I hung up.

So, suppose you are late on your bill and want to make it right by paying over the phone. People who are late, usually are, as they are short on funds. I know, that is not Xfinity's problem. However, how greedy can you get Xfinity? Give those people a break and quit charging an extra $5.00 to make a payment! After all - you are getting a heck of a lot more than $5.00 from me by double billing me for the privilege of using your internet service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Going on 3 days now. I have been lied to 4 times about getting a call back to restore my internet service. They have failed to update my new phone number after several requests. Girl this evening promise callback in 13 minutes and service being restored. She went home. No callback. They even tell me that I don't even have a modem. I've reset it twice and it recognized the modem existing both times. I'm lost for words trying to describe the total ignorance I have experienced with these idiots. Going with different service. Pathetic company. They offer you to take a survey in 30 minutes. Phone does ring in 30. But it's a totally dead call. You get the chance to say nothing. They should be investigated and forced out of business by the FCC. And customers refunded just for the aggravation they cause.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I found out that my daughter had been receiving receipts from Xfinity concerning WiFi on demand pass. She does not have a bank account and our family account has NOT been used. Since it's once a month I believe she is receiving a free trial each time. When I called Xfinity they told me it's not their responsibility. It clearing states in their terms and services "Be at least 18 years of age". My daughter is not old enough and some of these passes have been at 3am. Xfinity wanted to tell me how to control my daughter. Is there legal action I can take?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

The original deal when signing up was not honored. The employee that was in my home with the deal and set up the equipment was later fired for similar issues and yet I was considered locked into a contact that was not what I agreed to. Then 2 years later I was given charges that I hadn't agreed to and thought I had at least cleared that part up 2 years prior. I was on long holds and given unnecessary roadblocks. I was not put through to a supervisor when asked.

I have 3 adopted medically fragile children and work full time as a single mother. I have a child that has been in the hospital more than out over the last two years. She requires 24/7 support. I'm coordinating in home care with several providers and just do not have time to spend hours on the phone. I often had to get off before any resolution due to really lengthy waits and being needed for care.

Finally, yesterday after being on the phone for over an hour, I was able reach someone willing to listen and work with me. I was able to get the $32 of unfair charges removed for movie channels I never wanted and have someone willing to look at the basic plan I wanted versus what it had been changed into. I canceled all services because I can not trust this company to do what they say and work with me in a timely manner. Cleared that part up.

XFINITY Home Phone Service Company Information